Speaker 1: It's nine o one with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling.
Speaker 2: Hey, you guys, welcome to another unbelievable episode of nine two one OMG with my lovely co host Jens Here.
Speaker 3: I'm here and Amy's here.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 4: Can I give this ten omgs?
Speaker 1: Can I? Amy? You can't.
Speaker 3: You can't jump to the ends.
Speaker 1: Geez, you don't even say hello anymore? Can you get so excited? She's very excited about this one? You guys, Well, this is like.
Speaker 4: This is a super Bowl for nine two one? Oh do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like what that we're coming up to the fantastic sports.
Speaker 4: This is major, Like we're leaning towards the finale when we have two left.
Speaker 1: But this is this is more like the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, but freaking solid playoffs.
Speaker 2: Okay, you guys watch sports. I don't watch sports, so can you? Can you talk in times of Joyce, but.
Speaker 1: To watch sport?
Speaker 4: Maybe to give it in toy terms? It's okay.
Speaker 1: Tell me something my.
Speaker 4: Annual Nordstrom saleh.
Speaker 1: I'm reading up to what, I don't know, the final sale Nordstrom track.
Speaker 4: I don't know, yeah, exactly remember the fred Siegel when they would have that sale. Oh, man, like the day before that, the day before that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm lying up, Okay, I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: Well, this is yeah, this is the this is the end of the whole big college play thing, right.
Speaker 4: Can I ask you guys so sad to see her go?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 4: Speaking of so, I started to allude to this when she first appeared Tracy Mittendorff, But now and I kind of held back as everyone's like, oh, spoilers, you know whatever. I remember being twenty and watching this episode and it being so real right now it's a little bit over the top or almost campy horror filmy.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know, I thought so when I was watching it, I was like, oh, this is so ridiculous. But my daughter, whose twenty, was watching it and she was like, oh my god, I'm so scared what happened? Like, what do you mean, what's gonna happen? Obviously she's gonna try to kill herself and then Steve's gonna come in and save the day and it's gonna be over.
Speaker 4: So I am so happy you're saying that, because it all came back to me being twenty and being like disturbed by it, And that is why, ever forever since I cannot watch Tracy Middendorf in anything else.
Speaker 1: That's a little ex street in mine. You're saying in nineteen ninety four you decided at that point I'm never watching Tracy Mittendorf.
Speaker 4: Act again, well, I didn't say that, but when she pops up on things.
Speaker 1: It you're triggering bars me.
Speaker 4: Like, I'm like, and I remember, like I was twenty years old, so I was the exact same age as your kid. Like it was. So she seemed so unhinged but yet real. So it didn't seem kind of as like soapy as it does now. It felt so real, like this girl is unwell and crazy, feeling unwell, effing with my people like one.
Speaker 1: And this episode, uh is directed by James Eckhouse. I wonder if this his first episode to direct. Yeah, I think so right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm so happy you say that too, because I noticed some like really dramatic close ups, especially of you, Jenny, that I loved.
Speaker 2: Oh, your boyfriend gave you some close ups. Huh See, even back then there was a little thingy thing.
Speaker 1: I didn't even tell him that I liked his harry chest back then.
Speaker 2: Maybe you pull it Brenda. Yeah, went to his house late at night. You're like, let me stroke that chest hair.
Speaker 1: You married your back hair.
Speaker 3: I'm ready for my close up, mister eck House.
Speaker 4: So what is it like for you guys watching this? Because I took me break time?
Speaker 1: What episode we're doing? Allay gez? All right right, all right, let's see. This is Season four, episode twenty nine, Truth or Consequences aired May fourth, nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 2: Synopsis. Donna defends Brenda when she is accused of hitting the casting couch. Lauren Kingman aka Tanya Harding will stop at nothing to get what she wants. Suzanne makes a huge announcement, and Dylan accuses Kelly of being a negative Nelly.
Speaker 1: Directed by James that Cass written by Richard Gorlance.
Speaker 4: And for the sake of this conversation, can we just like be allowed to use words like crazy in Psycho because.
Speaker 1: I know, like, pe, what do you mean?
Speaker 4: People don't always like those words, like you're not supposed to call someone crazy? But for the sake of this, can we just like go there? Because she so disturbs me. It's so disturbed.
Speaker 1: You can say whatever you want on this podcast. I think we've established that.
Speaker 4: I just it literally took me back, and I was like, she's so creepy. This is why I don't like, I can't watch her in other things. I can't remember if like Days of Our Lives was before this or after, but.
Speaker 1: And he goes after, Oh, she.
Speaker 4: Makes me so uncomfortable. And obviously it's Laura. But I will say I think Tracy Mindorf played her so well.
Speaker 1: She was great So Harley, Yeah, she was bonkers.
Speaker 4: She's got the big eyes that seemed crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like looney tune eyes.
Speaker 4: It is just I don't want to be mean, but her eyes remind me of another public figure that's in jail. Now prison. Now, what do you guys know?
Speaker 1: This is your Minnendorf.
Speaker 2: She has played literally two separate storylines in characters on the show. The whole thing with Steve and all of that, and we were all like and then we're like, okay, and she's gone. That was a huge storyline, and now this one, it's like.
Speaker 1: Maybe the writers saw in her like and the producer's like, wow, this girl is capable of going there. Let's learn her back to be that person.
Speaker 2: I'm curious if that's how it went down that they were like, now we're not ready to get rid of her. Yet, let's bring her in and do something really badass and weirdly.
Speaker 4: I wish she would come on because I wonder if she looks back and hates this or loves it.
Speaker 1: I really would love to have her on. Wouldn't that be fun?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I want to know if. Yeah, I want to know how.
Speaker 4: Yes, we've been trying, but we'll keep trying. I want to know.
Speaker 2: That's what they always say all of her cast.
Speaker 3: They're always too busy to do this.
Speaker 1: I like the air quotes. No one can see that.
Speaker 4: Maybe she does.
Speaker 3: You could see it.
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't know. But maybe it's so unhinged that it makes her as uncomfortable as makes me.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'd love to find out. Let's ask her. But does anybody care to discuss at all? Brenda's new hairdoo in the middle of a storyline? Wait?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: What do you mean? You didn't notice her new hairdo? Okay, now I don't feel so bad about not noticing your hair colors. Fair Donna's hair is a good two three inches shorter. It's almost red, with like light tones streaked throughout. That was happening last episode A little bit of.
Speaker 4: The curtain bangs a bit too.
Speaker 1: It was in the middle of the episode. It literally not the episode, the just story arc like these three episodes, the Diva play thing.
Speaker 4: I did notice it. And Donna's hair is getting shorter too. I mean they're just let me all get haircut, getting crazy thing. They just don't care anymore.
Speaker 2: The hair department has lost all control at thet right for season We're like we're in charge now.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, whatever I want to my.
Speaker 4: Hair fabric makers of floral print are making gobs of money.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. There was one scene with all three or four girls. Everybody was wearing a floral dress.
Speaker 4: It's so late. Okay, it's so good too.
Speaker 1: We go in order, like yeah, let's do yes. But that was my first thing. Yeah, all of a sudden, Brenda has short red hair.
Speaker 4: Were starting the peach bit. I don't know how come.
Speaker 1: Kelly can be so caddy with her friend Brenda when they just made up, Like, isn't she in that? Doesn't she seem super catty and like backstabby a little bit, like right there, for no reason, like I thought this was resolved, it was resolved. I feel like there was like a little.
Speaker 3: Thing missing.
Speaker 2: Is the resolve or like like you both were going for the parts.
Speaker 3: I guess you kind of made up.
Speaker 2: Then, Brent, we know that Brenda went to his house, and then the next thing you know, we're in the peach.
Speaker 1: Bit and you and Kelly and Donna are like against her, like two it's two against one. It feels very confrontational and accusatory, and they're like arms crossed, like it just feels just weird.
Speaker 4: Donna stays true to Donna though she's always like impartial, she's always fair, she's always seeing it the right way. But then she gets a little shy and just won't like super stand up for everybody.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I felt like in that episode, in that scene, I mean, she was a little bit more.
Speaker 3: Kelly.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the right word. Kelly's on the same team as Kelly at that moment, like disbelieving of Brenda. When I was like, Oh, that's weird for Donna to be have such a kind of an opinion without really knowing the truth.
Speaker 4: Yes, I noticed that too. It was like, Oh, she's coming over to the dark side.
Speaker 3: Composite, Actually he's coming over to the light side.
Speaker 4: My question for y'all is are these people actually good friends? Because they're mean to each other?
Speaker 1: What I mean, when did that happen? They were? They didn't used to be mean.
Speaker 4: No, In every episode there's each other conflict and drama with a resolution of them being like, I'm so glad I have you. You're my real friends. But it's like, why are y'all fighting so much? If y'all are so tight?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that could have been handled so much differently. I mean, I would have thought that the girls would have been like tell us everything, Oh my god, what happened and like not saying, oh, there's a rumor and yeah, or if there was like.
Speaker 4: A rumor, wouldn't you be like f this and stand up for.
Speaker 1: Her to do this? But a man wrote this episode so well.
Speaker 4: He show made Steve a big D word because Steve is an a.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I live for the Brenda Steve fight.
Speaker 1: I live for it so.
Speaker 2: Far, And maybe it's because I knew about stuff going on behind the scenes at that point with wait was.
Speaker 1: This before the scrambled egg makeup trailer incident? Talked to me? Talked to me? Not soon before?
Speaker 4: Gives me you cannot even do that.
Speaker 1: There's not much time left for that, so it's gotta be right.
Speaker 4: And yeah, it's you guys. Please, I need to know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: I feel like we've talked about this before.
Speaker 4: No give it is so bad.
Speaker 1: Tory and I were both in the makeup trailer, as the good little girls do, sit there and get their makeup done, and Iron was in there, probably shaven his chest, hair or something in there.
Speaker 3: I'm six and six getting ready two hours in makeup pair.
Speaker 1: I don't know, maybe somebody was. I think maybe that was a day that Shannon had something going on in her real life at transferred and she couldn't get to work on time that day. Whatever. It was, no judgment, no whatever, but I and had a real big problem with it that morning. And he came into the trailer with his breakfast burrito maybe on a you know, paper play eight super glamorous, and he was eating it. And was it her? Did she come in and he was talking to her? Or was he just she came in? Wait, help me the deil?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, okay, So he's The makeup trailers are really long, they call them there.
Speaker 3: How many chairs really narrow?
Speaker 1: But they're like they're like twenty feet long, thirty feet long.
Speaker 2: And half of its chairs for hair, half of its chairs for makeup. So he's at one end and he's standing and I believe, Jen, you were sitting next to him getting your hair done.
Speaker 1: Correct. I was definitely within the splash zone. Yeah, yes, you took me.
Speaker 2: So she was there in the other side of the trailer. It opens and Shannon comes in, so they're a whole trailer apart, and then I'm here somewhere in the middle of watching this all go down. Of course donna'sn't in the middle, and she comes in and he was just fed up that she was late. It didn't matter at that point. It was just it was a consistent behavior, whether she was going through something or not, it was just happening. It set him off. Maybe he didn't like his breakfast burrito. We don't know, but Jen take it away.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: He screamed something that I will never forget. It was I can't say it on this podcast, but he was doing it.
Speaker 2: Eggs, eggs flying everywhere all over again.
Speaker 1: Burrito but flying down over me like a like an air show. Oh no memory.
Speaker 2: Walt was probably like, oh, I'm gonna have to blurr here out again.
Speaker 1: What the heck that those are? See? These are the good memories? Was that commonplace? Yeah? Yeah, that we had all had enough of the lateness and the holding up of everyone holding up of you know, a hundred people.
Speaker 3: The crew too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It wasn't just like us sitting around waiting. You know. This happened around, This.
Speaker 4: Happened during this most dramatic episode.
Speaker 1: We don't know that. I don't know which episode it's got to be in this like you know, five episode range.
Speaker 4: And then the two of them have the biggest fight pretty much ever of like definitely then and like real mudslinging, like unkind things were thrown in their fight.
Speaker 2: The lines in that scene. I was like, this is so not nine oh two and zero.
Speaker 1: This is so And she's.
Speaker 2: Like you're weak, and I was like, this is weird. Let's make one thing clear. I'm your brother's friend, not yours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was what a relief.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was, just like I wrote, I think Respurrito and the sea words, So that's all I could think of watching those two.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh my god, my god, I just.
Speaker 1: Think all the the theater acting is getting everybody just too riled up.
Speaker 3: Oh maybe it's that it's.
Speaker 1: Just not good for the gang.
Speaker 4: God don't even know.
Speaker 3: He needs a good Kumbaya moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't even know what. But but Steve really did look sexy at the beach when he came up to talk to Kelly and Donna and David. But he did like like silk open, like open at the bottom with his buttons. I thought he looked good.
Speaker 3: He did look good.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you must have loved Steve in this episode, Amy, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: I do love him this episode. In parts, there are parts where I'm like, you, you're being gross, like.
Speaker 5: Which parts when he which when he's just so mean to Brenda and assume it jumps on the that she slept with Roy Randolph and then almost sort.
Speaker 1: Of I love it.
Speaker 4: He almost took pleasure in spreading the rumor. And I didn't love that. Where we know how Steve is with Kelly, right, he's so loyal and supportive and everyone also has had Steve's back multiple times through thick and thin and a lot.
Speaker 1: Brenda, I mean.
Speaker 4: She's sort of not at his friends ate with him, but he just railroaded her for Laura Kingman so fast I get.
Speaker 1: I feel like this is like the first time we've seen them in a scene like this.
Speaker 2: Like just all the characters, and I understand sos kind of felt that way about each other.
Speaker 3: Now she's kind out Yeah, maybe maybe.
Speaker 4: Say it was the last I could maybe find a little bit more of a place of understanding, Like that was his girlfriend, he loved her, bubbah. But this is just Laura Kingman who already did something so troubling to Steve that it's.
Speaker 1: Just like she already like tried to send him to jail forever, and now he loves her. Wait what about the scene when she rubbing his shoulders and it's so creepy I can't even.
Speaker 4: And then she's basically rubbing his shoulders bab being like please murder Brenda.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just can't you see like her the googly crazy eyes that she's making. But then all of a sudden, he's like, are you serious? Wait? Are you serious?
Speaker 4: Unhinged? She's so unhinged with.
Speaker 3: I hate Brenda Club.
Speaker 1: I got she's.
Speaker 4: Creepy, the creepy masks on her door.
Speaker 1: But you know what that is and comedy either, you can't handle that.
Speaker 4: Then a call to missus Walsh just made me sick, Like She's like, oh, rehearsals at far and I'm like, oh, crazy lady. Obviously she's a amazing at playing this, but like I literally was like, no amount of money could get me to play this part. It's so whack amy.
Speaker 1: I bet there's a dollar out.
Speaker 2: Maybe when you guys love to play that part. I think you would, And I think we should re enact to see King right there?
Speaker 3: Will you?
Speaker 4: I want don't get me wrong, I want to really do for free, for free, true, I know, but that the final scene in the theater literally it was spooky, the walking in the dark and I'm like, this is a horror movie like Freddy Krueger's Coming, And then the I don't even want to like make light of it because it was so.
Speaker 1: What Wait, but before that, what about when Steve says, I think he's talking to like Brandon and Kelly and maybe Donna at the coffee shop whatever, and he calls her wacko with a capital J. What he says, she's wacko with a capital J.
Speaker 3: Because during that time, wacko jacko, like Mike.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's a Michael Jackson.
Speaker 3: Mickey joke he was making Alan.
Speaker 4: He also said her driveway doesn't go all the way to the streets.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I kind of like that one.
Speaker 4: That one was less sort of disturbing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then that whole that whole scene with it in the where you know she's going to the theater. You know she's gonna do something tragic. Justing that slip dress.
Speaker 3: God, I loved her.
Speaker 4: She puts the dress back on and she's like full glam and the rope she's she knows how to tie the rope.
Speaker 1: It's the Justling and the Monkey movie in the big in the what's the movie with the giant monkey?
Speaker 4: And can con can go?
Speaker 6: Get gone?
Speaker 1: Totally?
Speaker 2: But all I could think is the last moment, I was like, she she hasn't had to tie a rope's.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 1: She's flustered, she's emotional and she forgot how to tie a Yeah, but I was thinking.
Speaker 4: This baby, it was so dramatic. I can't believe Jim Walsh directed this.
Speaker 3: Another one of my favorite parts. You Beverly Hills people.
Speaker 1: She was so good. That was like, oh, it was good. I love that scene when they come out of the theater and she's like running and he catches her and she beats on him for a minute and it runs away and she hugs him and then she beats on him somewhere.
Speaker 4: It's so good. I speaking of running, I also love when Steve is running and smacks right dab into Brenda and kind of it's almost like a hug. And then he's like she's gone to the theater to do something terrible to herself. And then Brenda takes off like she's wonder woman Linda Carter like I was.
Speaker 1: It's so true.
Speaker 4: I don't want to like I made a special I didn't make it, but I picked up a special salmon and like salad and like I had a little salmon and a little steak. I'm not gonna lie and.
Speaker 1: I will date night with yourself.
Speaker 4: I was in my bed eating salmon, watching this thing go down, like I knew how amazing it was, and I was like I cannot get enough. Suddenly, then the chocolate covered oreo. I'm just reaching for that, like.
Speaker 2: I was, And it felt a little like escalated to like Melrose Place a little bit would.
Speaker 4: Like Marcia Cross pulling off her hair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm in guys, I really liked it too.
Speaker 1: And then in the end when poor Brenda, it's just such a it's so hard being an actress. You gotta get you gotta get used to it. Hun, Oh my god, it's nothing, Joey.
Speaker 3: Here, How did how did Brenda get the part from Laura? What did she put a spell on her?
Speaker 1: Hey? Did you shadowing?
Speaker 4: Uncharmed?
Speaker 1: Yes, that was such foreshadowing.
Speaker 4: The whole thing. I just haven't recovered from it.
Speaker 2: Like, and you didn't have to enjoy them live in the moment. This is brilliant. I was on her back next week. I don't want this to be over.
Speaker 1: I loved the theater.
Speaker 4: And how about the fact that Brandon thought maybe she did it?
Speaker 1: Brandon, maybe he doesn't believe his his twin.
Speaker 2: Sister because he's just as much of a snake. He's like, oh, well, I slept.
Speaker 1: I'm about to.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like he's gonna hook up with the Chancellor's daughter any minute.
Speaker 3: Oh right, I slept with the.
Speaker 2: Professor and then Mary Wise then and now I'm gonna to sleep with the Chancellor's daughter. Mirandrew went from like good boy to like but as long as.
Speaker 1: He's wearing a tie. You believe him, because what about when he wears a tie in the peach pit for no reason. I was angry at that, and then he goes to the Chancellor's office for actual like a professional meeting, has no tie on.
Speaker 2: I was really angry why he was wearing that tie in the peach bit was super distracting.
Speaker 3: And I didn't like it.
Speaker 4: Apparently he didn't like it either, because he took it. He gotta talk about Andrea and Claire. But first of all, I think Donna thinks she didn't do it. Dylan knows she didn't do it. Kelly is like pretty much thinks she didn't do it. But it's like hmm, Steve's like hook line and sinker she did it. Brandon, I think thinks she did it. And Andrea, in a shocking turn, I also think maybe think she did it.
Speaker 1: It's the hormones. She's She's all over the place. Andrea, let can't help us, Kevin and Suzanne for a minute, do we want to talk about Geraldo Rivera? Did you guys?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 3: I cannot look at that man. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: Is that a fake mustache?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I can't watch him. They think that man, good actor, nothing against him, great look, but not for this or anything or anything.
Speaker 4: My problem in watching it and it's not this is not a spoiler spoiler alert. I know what happens, and so everything he does feels creepy and double.
Speaker 1: It's like he's gonna be a swindler. So what tak a look at it? Yeah? Who he's tipping the hat? What's that called tip in the hat?
Speaker 4: Yes? Did you see the weird side eye?
Speaker 1: Yeah, at that one moment when he's like talking about Dylan or he's saying he's got a plan or something.
Speaker 4: And he's just with the weird the the so obvious creepy side eye.
Speaker 1: And then of course they cut away to Dylan, who's casually just looking the other way, doesn't see it. I'm like this guy, but he's just such a sucker with Ken. What when did Dylan become so gullible? Like what you would think that this character would be like onto this guy or right, like he's always got some intuition about people.
Speaker 4: Well, he was literally caught up in a thing where his father was allegedly killed. You don't think he's distrusting of people? I would he shouldn't trust anybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just convenient he finds out.
Speaker 1: Like it's just like banana shock, Like, yeah, I don't know what's gonna happen with that. I'm guessing they're going to try to take Dylan's money.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Well I hope it happens soon because I can't look at his mustache anymore.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: And Dylan is being a little just prickly to kill what prickly you might and take the L and the y off of that word, and that's what he's being.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I had to spell that in my head for a second. Okay, p R I c k.
Speaker 1: Believe that. I am so sick of the way he talks to her. I want to punch him, Like who why would anybody in the departments above not like let these two characters I don't know, Like they are acting like two old married people who hate e Chose.
Speaker 4: And he's so team Brenda that it is mean to your girlfriend, like.
Speaker 1: Like why would she sick? Why would she stay for any of it? Mm hmm. I don't like it. I don't like it at all.
Speaker 4: It's it's rough.
Speaker 1: So I'm guessing that's going to end soon. Here I am. I'm thinking ahead to this. Dylan and Kelly are going to break up for shows, that's gotta happen. They can't see. Then who is he gonna be with al? Isn't she coming in? I don't know, Claire, you never know on this show.
Speaker 4: Could be da.
Speaker 1: Just for a minute. No, okay, what about when when? The only other thing I noted was when Jason no Brandon Brendan Brendon.
Speaker 4: I'm sick of Steve calling him Brendan. His name is Brandon. Sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 1: He's telling Jimbo that he's going to go to the big conference because he's so important, and he's telling him that about the Chancellor's daughter and and and dad's advice or I guess like way of telling him, well, remember, Brandon, every father's daughter is a virgin. What ew is that something that fathers say to their sons. Remember every father's daughter, it's a virgin.
Speaker 3: No, that's gross.
Speaker 1: I don't break it down.
Speaker 4: Here's what I think though. Jim was saying the dad's gonna stick with the daughter, and then Claire basically Mike dropped on Brandon and was like.
Speaker 1: Oh, She's like you'll see you dumb ass.
Speaker 4: You just went and like tried to out me to my dad who I am his pride and joy. He will never pick you over me. Mike drop. I loved it.
Speaker 1: She goes, well, you just shot yourself in the foot, and he goes, what are you talking about?
Speaker 6: She goes, you'll see and she walks off.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, I'm so sorry to bring up Laura Kingman again, but can we talk about the dramatic scene where she's fired by Roy Randolph and she drops that buck in front of Brenda waiting bitch.
Speaker 1: I was always waiting. I was like, uh, oh, she's gonna throw down right now. Oh, I would have loved to have that.
Speaker 4: Brenda's just locking down, looking down, So good acting by everybody in the room being uncumped, because so was I just looking down. Now.
Speaker 1: Did you notice, though, when when Brenda comes that day to when she's late for the thing because Laura miss messed up the schedule for her. She comes and she walks up the little theater stairs on the edge of the theater, and all the other the background actors are in the play. They're walking down, they're walking out, and they're just staring at her like oh, and then there's one guy in particular at the top of the stairs who took it so literal he but made like you just wouldn't stop. So he's like, yeah, I could stop watching him watch her. My god, there's.
Speaker 4: So much in this. And then Brenda goes to Roy's pad and he's out on his weird know where he lives, isn't he's a teacher, Like.
Speaker 1: What more with Andrea and the teacher at the beach when teachers live.
Speaker 4: I don't know one teacher ever lived.
Speaker 1: No, no, I didn't know that they had a house, Like you don't think of them not real human beings.
Speaker 2: Oh, like I remember you used to see them getting cars and leave and you'd be like, wait they leave here.
Speaker 4: Wait car children, they're married? What I guess he's got as weird. He's trying to get his tan. He's got a shirt on button and he's in his like weird backyard of like literally it looked like an apartment in like Westwood.
Speaker 1: You like AstroTurf uh wall walls and stuff like I don't know. But then when he looked, but there was the weirdest thing. Okay, So Brenda's over here, like Brenda's here talking to him, and he's here lounging with his chest out. It's creepy. And then for her, she's off camera right and he's talking to her like she's just off camera, like just to the right or left the camera, and the look like he's looking like he's looking off into space, like into Mars, like into the depths of darkness. He can't there's no connection with his eyeballs and a person, a human that he's talking to. I was like, who is he talking to? Then I was like, remember sometimes when we would have to leave early for whether it was double us, we had to go get pushed over to the other set or something, or we had to be wrapped at a certain time, so they would make us leave, and then they would finish up scenes with other actors talking to either the script supervisor off camera, or like to a tape that they taped to the camera, which was we were always be like, oh, yeah, I can totally talk to a tape mark, But you could always tell when someone's talking to a tape mark because they're talking to a tape maark Like, there's no no reality that good of an actor that they can just talk to tape. Now you're really you really should have somebody there off camera, even if it's not real. Brenda, I just had some weird flashback.
Speaker 2: Did did Shannon like this actor? I feel like she didn't like him.
Speaker 1: I don't know. If I was her, I wouldn't like him, but.
Speaker 3: I remember, I wonder if there's any friction.
Speaker 4: He was such a me too or twenty thirty years for me too. And then he's even had to agree, like to get the job, but he's not going to have shenanigans. I was just like, who's hiring this guy?
Speaker 1: Is?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 1: Was that in the meeting when they hired him, like they said, you're not going to do this.
Speaker 4: So he's like, look, I don't like it either because it makes me look bad.
Speaker 1: And I'm just like, oh god, he was groady bad.
Speaker 4: Poor Tanya Harding got a real bad shout out too.
Speaker 1: Not that was like right when it was going down. That's the whole, when the whole Nancy and Tanya du bacle happened.
Speaker 4: There are some pop culture references in this that that stood the test time, like that one You're like, I know what's up?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean good, good, good writing, dramatic and crazy yeah, like kind of like.
Speaker 1: What is going on? I can't stop watching this.
Speaker 4: You have one flag that I want to know if you guys noticed. It was when they were going to the lab right and they sort of show i think the exterior of the lab that looked like stock footage from nineteen seventy two, Like what the fudge? Every car? I was like, where did you guys get that?
Speaker 1: Well, if you're a scientist and you work in a lab, you're just kind of behind the times.
Speaker 4: So it was like just I'm like, did they get that from The Incredible Hulk from nineteen seventy whatever? Because I'm like, what is it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That scene was so boring up and.
Speaker 4: I think he's putting nothing in the water. He's like, drop drop, you can drink it now, And I'm like, that dude did not do anything to that water. It's not drinkable. He's he's like a he's a.
Speaker 1: Faker, but he's he's magic. He can clean the water in the bays. If only he could have some money from Dylan.
Speaker 3: Stay and take the storyline. I I hate it so much. It's so boring, so boring.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. Why would Steve fall for Laura?
Speaker 1: I don't that's like because she's hot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she is.
Speaker 4: She seems unhinged from the go, but the.
Speaker 1: Guys can't see that. And also Steve's the kind of guy that wants to fix people and help them.
Speaker 4: I suppose. But if somebody wanted to, like, have you expelled from school? Would you not like remember that and be like I'm not gonna yeah, probably be like I'm not I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 2: Hello, can I refresh your memories? Emily Valentine trying to light everything on fire? She actually and then seasons later he summons like, I want to spend forever with you, go to Paeris with you.
Speaker 3: I'll remember you, and he never remembers her, does.
Speaker 1: Not once, never, not once, because never even talks about her again.
Speaker 4: Nope, they're all thinking with their zippers.
Speaker 1: But this is the last time we see Laura.
Speaker 4: H Yeah, because she was literally taken away by too Like those weren't police officers, those were like medical professionals.
Speaker 1: I kind of yeah, like you, they've had a different outfit on you know that they were mental health team. I kind of want to go with her to the cuckoo bin and see what happens. That sounds like fun. I want to see bad episodes that's a good movie.
Speaker 4: Grip Laura like that's gonna work. Steve get a grip like, oh god, she's.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think we've said everything there's to say about this episode is Wait, so is Claire going to go to Washington with Brandon? Yeah, Claire nodding yes, yes, yes, Okay, keeps getting good.
Speaker 3: And now I remember.
Speaker 1: What something worse than handy handcuffing herself to the bed?
Speaker 3: Somebody worse than a handy?
Speaker 1: What something worse than handcuffing herself to the bed in lingerie? That there's more?
Speaker 4: Yes? Oh yes, I god, because I can't see.
Speaker 1: I thought that when Brandon went to Washington was kind of when Kelly and Brandon started to go out.
Speaker 3: You'll see, Oh wait, what that's happening too?
Speaker 1: Season five?
Speaker 4: This is the super Bowl is coming so whoa Celeste is coming back? And so is John Sears? Right, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Crazy what John Sears is back?
Speaker 4: Pretty sure? Wait.
Speaker 1: I walked into my kids room the other day and I saw John Sears on Party of Nope, One Tree Hill, and I was like, hey, it's the same exact character. Did you get triggered?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay? I was literally like, why is John Sears on. This show was a different show.
Speaker 4: Oh you guys, this was so this was so good, so bad and so good.
Speaker 1: But when I watched about it years ago, it was more dressed.
Speaker 3: They put Andrea in It's like.
Speaker 1: Oh my, oh my god.
Speaker 4: That was not like there's a.
Speaker 3: Way to make a pregnant woman look cute.
Speaker 2: Still, It's like it's like they just literally took yeah, she under and said, here we go.
Speaker 1: This is it, taking up the one thing.
Speaker 4: Can't stay in the bed too. She's getting the mail, she's getting an apple.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's getting sassy too with your apple swinging. Yeah, she's like the medications making her nuts. Did you ever go on bedress with any of your kids store your pregnancies?
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, like months of bed rest for the Yeah, with Finn the fourth one, I was in Cedars for like almost three months.
Speaker 1: Well not not the Cedars hospital part of it all, but just in bed rest. Sounds like a dream, right, Oh.
Speaker 4: No, I wouldn't like that at all going on.
Speaker 1: I would be so happy if someone said you have to lay down and take it.
Speaker 3: Easy for yeah, like a medical version, but one like just like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's best if you get off your feet. Oh okay, okay, sure, I'd be like, thank you. Well, I feel like we've uncovered everything there is to uncover.
Speaker 4: Let me just take a quick on this episode.
Speaker 2: And you know what all I want right now now that we're done here is a breakfast burrito. I just want a breakfast burrito.
Speaker 1: Hold the eggs?
Speaker 3: Did you ever get the eggs out of your bangs?
Speaker 1: Maybe that's why it looks so good that day. Okay, everybody, next week, we got you guys, have.
Speaker 4: To you guys it. Oh hmm, I give it a one hundred of ten. Eight Is that an eight?
Speaker 1: She gives it a nine. Nine, I get it an eight.
Speaker 4: Jenny's giving it an eight.
Speaker 3: I can't put this finger down without this finger going down.
Speaker 4: I give it put the thumb down a hundred.
Speaker 3: Oh god, so smart.
Speaker 1: You gave it a ten.
Speaker 4: And call me Margaret Maggie the cat.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, why didn't we talk about that. I literally wanted to just put my what through the TV at that moment. She's like, call me Margaret. Until I really get a hold on the character.
Speaker 4: It's like, oh god. And Laura's just.
Speaker 1: Oh, good times, good time.
Speaker 4: Everybody we are shout out to Sorry, shout out to me being right. John Sears does come back, celest Is coming back, Lucinda's coming back.
Speaker 2: Buckle up, every Lucinda's coming back. Oh, this is gonna be a wild ride. Can't wait for it.
Speaker 1: I better yeah, rest up, I gotta better.
Speaker 2: Great direct get paid less in these last two episodes because they had to pay so many damn guest stars to come back.
Speaker 4: Good directing, mister Walsh, good directing. This was a hard he had all that stuff.
Speaker 1: He did a great job.
Speaker 2: If he would ever come on our podcast, we would tell them.
Speaker 4: He's too busy.
Speaker 2: How amazing, he's too busy.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, okay, well last Amy, you weren't there. And Tori, I think I told you about this. But on the panel and wherever I was austin the ax, the lady asked, one of the gladies asks in the audience, who do you wish you if you could have like a dream guest on your episode, who would it be? And I was, like anyone on our cast I heard about this is that. I was really happy when she told me she did that.
Speaker 4: I heard it very proud.
Speaker 1: Everybody laughed. So everybody that watches our podcast kind of knew what I was referring to.
Speaker 4: I got text immediately. They're like, list what you said.
Speaker 1: I was over it anyway. We have another episode coming up next week, Vital Signs. I feel like a baby's coming.
Speaker 5: Uh beepeep beep beep beep beep beepe trouble.
Speaker 4: There's a little trouble.
Speaker 1: Oh no, okay, don't tell her to remember, don't tell us. All right, we're going to watch it together. We're going to watch it next week, and until then, we love you, guys.