Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. Cowboys. This He's Talking Cowboys, straining live from the Dallas Cowboys World head.
Speaker 2: Course at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 3: Stat six second, Pascott pizonsdown.
Speaker 1: And now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Nick Harris, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeoman's.
Speaker 3: Dallas Cowboy.
Speaker 1: The Dallas Cowboys are champions of the NFC eased. A thirty eight to ten beat down of the Washington Commanders has the division in Hangland. For the Dallas Cowboys, they finished the season twelve and five for the third straight season and are also the number two seed in the NFC Playoff picture. Welcome in to Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company. It's the Cowboys and the Green Bay Packers in the wildcard round, the two versus seven seed. It's a historic matchup between two historic franchises. We've got a lot to talk about this week. It is playoff week in Frisco. We've got Nick Harris, Josh Rodriguez, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomens to break it down for you. No John Matchoda or Isaiah Standback Today, Isaiah said he was gonna be here on Monday. He just couldn't take the fact that the Cowboys won the NFC East. That's what it was.
Speaker 4: He just saw us in the gym and he got a free That's what it was. He went the opposite way. He didn't want to talk about a Washington team losing.
Speaker 2: That's what it was.
Speaker 1: That. Yeah, Yeah, he's on his way down to Houston. Took the took his son late last night and they decided to get a hotel room, go do the whole fan experience. So happy for him, and I know he's listening. I'm sure he'll probably call in at some point if I if I had to make a guess on Isaiah stand back, he doesn't want to stay away from it too long. Cowboys dismantle the Commanders. It was a little rocky really till midway of the second quarter. He got a little bit nervous along the way. But then Dallas did exactly what you expected them to do. Put it away. And when at thirty eight to ten, Nick, you were on site, what were your thoughts. I was not on site, but correct, you were driving from.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was driving from Mexico there, But that's besides the point. Yeah, was there ever really any concern, Like, truthfully, even when it was ten to seven in the second quarter and a couple of things had just gone perfectly right for the Commanders up to that point, and you just knew that the offense is going to bounce back from those setbacks because you saw that first drive they marched down the field, Dad goes six for six two yards, touchdown a CD and it just kind of gets things going. Or it wasn't Tolbert on the opening touch it was the opening touchdown. Yeah, I never really felt concerned. I really felt like this team was eventually gonna move away with at least a three score win, and that's what happened. You saw that there were holes in the Washington secondary. There were a lot of guys in that game that had not had a lot of reps throughout the season. You know, this good, good, good experience for those guys. But when you have that kind of matchup and you look on the other side and what that team is playing for, you just kind of felt like the Cowboys would eventually bounce back and win in the fashion that they did. But yeah, I think there were a lot of really positive moments that you could take out of this. I think one of the bigger ones obviously is just being able to take the ball away, limiting the run game. The defense did what they they should do, even in allowing ten points. It kind of didn't really feel like they allowed it because of the block field goal allowed them to push so far into the red zone. And you know, that gave up a ten point swing in a game that you won by twenty eight. So you know, it's not a huge deal. When you look at the concerns from yesterday, there are a lot of positives to take away, especially on the road, that that can only help you going into the playoffs.
Speaker 4: And how about it, cayle Yam with his playoff.
Speaker 1: Time, it is playoff times, let's go.
Speaker 6: I mean, when they got up to ten to seven, I was like, that's cute, but we're gonna get the ball at some point.
Speaker 4: So you know what I mean, Like, that's nice, Yeah, that's cute of them.
Speaker 6: And also the desperation to go for two fourth down conversions on their first drive.
Speaker 4: It's like, okay, we get it, guys, but no, dice, don't just see me fall on his share it went a lot lower than I wanted it to go. Actually, foreheads on the table.
Speaker 1: I think that was the thing. You expected Washington to be aggressive. Of course, Riverboat Ron Ron Rivera, which, by the way, he was let go early early this morning, I think even eastern time at midnight he was let go, and the uh so he ended up going for it multiple times. They were going to be aggressive. They brought the house on the field goal block. That went perfectly for Washington. They picked it up, went all the way back into the deep into Dallas territory. You take the field goal block away. I mean it's a three point game. I mean Dallas dominated where they needed to dominate. They had some momentum on that opening drive. But I think I'm with you, Nick, I think the nervous level was not even really registering on the nervous meter yet it was there. It might have been shaken the meter just to tad Bit when it was ten to seven, and if Dallas had the football and if they didn't score there then maybe it would it would have increased a little bit. But when Dallas was down ten to seven, they put together a put together a seven play, seventy one yard drive Tony Pollard caps it off with a physical run. He was really he ran with a purpose, he ran downhill. I liked what I saw from Tony Pollard yesterday, even in limited touches. Again, but when they went down and took care of business the way that they needed to win that drive, that was when I said, Okay, this is where it's starting to turn. Then they had the Donovan Wilson interception that then turned into the CD Lamb touchdown right before the break, a couple of touchdowns within about a six minute span, and then all of a sudden, it's twenty one to ten. You get the football to start the third.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's kind of how I felt too, whenever they had that opportunity to double dip in the final two and a half or so minutes of the first half, and then knowing that you get the ball coming out for the second half, whenever they scored to go at twenty one ten, And that's what I was like, all right, so this is they're about to put this out a hand out of the break, and that's what they did, you know, And that's what four consecutive touchdown and drives will give you two. But yeah, I think offensive execution after that interception from Dak Prescott, which.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think I'd like to talk to Isaiah on that about whose fault it necessarily was. You know, when you have a defensive lineman barreling down on you like that, you know, do you throw that ball? But that'll probably be something we look at in the AL twenty two and have more discussion about. But other than that offensive execution, I mean, you can't really complain about what happened yesterday. And you mentioned Tony Pollard and I want to bring up something with Tony Pollard, and he didn't have the season that everybody expected him to, including himself. He said it last week, He's like, this is not the year that I wanted to have. But hey, you know this is team's success, and you know we have an opportunity to do some really great things. Still, when you stack back to back one thousand yard seasons, I don't care that there's seventeen games in the season.
Speaker 4: Now, that's tough to do. Right now.
Speaker 5: Throw in a catastrophic leg injury right in the middle of that, and it takes away your entire offseason. You got to rehabit the entire offseason, you get back just in time for training camp.
Speaker 4: I got it to my cap to Tony Pollard. I that's tough to do. It would take down a lot of people. It didn't take him down.
Speaker 5: You know, there's been a lot of discussion in the last couple of weeks in the fan base about Tony Pollard and you know just how effective he is in this offense, and you know what his future is.
Speaker 4: You know, I think Tony Pollard has built to be a Dallas cowboy for a while.
Speaker 1: And the criticism there is warranted. Absolutely, It's not the season, like you said, and like he said, that was anticipated. There were expectations being put on the franchise tag, there were expectations along the way. But being RB one, did he live up to the expectations that were set for him? Absolutely? Not right, But was he a serviceable back that you can rely on and that helped you in your offense at times? Certainly? Yeah.
Speaker 6: And it took him about half the season to really look like Tony Poller. I think outside looking in, I think just watching him run, watching his stride, I don't feel like he really hit it until about halfway through the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And he said that he was gosh, I don't remember when this was exactly.
Speaker 5: I want to say it was roughly like week twelve, week thirteen, and we somebody had asked him in one of his availabilities.
Speaker 4: They were like, you know, where are you now compared to week one?
Speaker 5: And basically what he said was like, yeah, I thought I was one hundred percent in week one, but I didn't really know until like I started sacking games, and now here I am again week twelve, week thirteen. I feel how I was before the injury. And so Mike McCarthy talks about it a lot. It really takes guys a full year, sometimes even more to come back from injuries like that. You know, Tony Poller did it in the fashion that he did. I'm fairly confident that if he's a Dallas Cowboy next year he has a better season.
Speaker 1: While Tony Pollard specifically seventeen carries seventy yards, he eclipses the one thousand yard rushing mark. Sixth running back in team history to do so. Calvin Hill, Tony Dorset, some guy named Demon Smith, DeMarco Murray, and Ezekiel Elliott were the five before Tony Pollard did do it, and Like you said, it was seventeen game season, but it still holds weight. One thousand yards is a milestone for sure. Speaking of milestones and offense, Dak and CD again, I mean, it's gotten to the point where it's clockwork for CD Lamb to go off for multiple scores or one hundred yards. He didn't have both in this game. He had ninety eight yards two touchdowns though thirteen carries on thirteen total targets. Dak has been looking for Cede Lamb and he's been finding him more often than not. How special has that connection been.
Speaker 6: I think they are the hottest wide receiver quarterback duo in the league. And it's pretty to say as a Cowboys fan, and you see all of these teams year by year and you see teams stacking up wins like that with a duel like that. To see that here with CD going off the way he is getting fifteen touchdowns in one year. Granted it's a longer season, but we haven't seen that since Dez. Yeah, so just shouts to him and shouts to that relationship that they have. They've really built a lot of trust together over the course of the season. More so even than CD's previous seasons and he's looked great in those two so he's just getting better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what is his what is his peak? You know, that's kind of what I think about right now.
Speaker 5: This is year four four, year four, Yeah, and we're looking at a top ten all time receiving season that he just put together, the number two in the in the league and receiving yards top six and receptions all time. I mean, he's he puts together a lot of numbers this year that are just eye boggling. And man, that that bag is gonna go thud all Yeah, yeah money, yes, absolutely, Yeah, it's a statement season and it came out a good time for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They need to get it done now. Just get that thing wrapped up really quick.
Speaker 5: Is there any other major receiver that is a waiting a deal because Justin Jefferson got his, Jamar.
Speaker 4: Chase got his.
Speaker 1: Yes, so I CDs next market.
Speaker 4: I don't think they necessarily have to hurry up and do anything because I think he's going to be the one that resets the market.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he'll set the market for sure. Yeah. That that money is going to be nuts, and I mean it is going to be interesting. The fact that he does have the fifth year team option, so he's under contract for next year. But you don't really want to wait until the end.
Speaker 4: Now, just get it.
Speaker 1: That's get it. That's a bad idea.
Speaker 4: And you have Micah coming up to.
Speaker 1: And Dak renewed this year. I mean, there's a lot of things that are there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, make it work.
Speaker 4: This is the cowboy.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's that's the good problem that you have because this is a team. And I tweeted this out last night, but talking about a regular season that's well balanced across the board. NFL leader in passing touchdowns Dak Prescott Boom thirty six passing touch downs for Dak. NFL leader in reception Ceedee Lammy finished with what one hundred and thirty one receptions something like That's insane, it was, it was nuts. That's an incredible season. One hundred and thirty one receptions. I'm just making sure that that is the number. I can't find it on this show.
Speaker 4: One hundred and thirty five, thirty five.
Speaker 1: Either way, he's the NFL leader in receptions, NFL leader in interceptions. Deron Bland, who was another contract that at some point you're going to have to think about. Uh nine, picks this year, five of which, of course going back for a touchdown. NFL leader in pressures Micah Parsons He entered with one oh two according to Pro Football Focus that has been of course up. We don't have the finishing number there, but he had a big enough lead that he's the leader in pressures. Leader in field goal makes Brandon Aubrey with thirty six. He did have his first miss officially on the field goal block and then a second miss off the doink in the second half.
Speaker 4: He needs to throw away that T shirt that he got made before the game, the Bang Banger and butter. Yeah, throw those out.
Speaker 1: It's pretty sick team.
Speaker 4: No, it's great, but those are bad.
Speaker 1: You do now?
Speaker 4: Was there any PTSD from Brett maher effets feel.
Speaker 1: A little bit?
Speaker 5: Yeah, there had to be, just a little bit. I mean, it's not like, Okay, this is happening again. I don't think it was necessarily like that, but it was like him coming.
Speaker 4: Back, just kind of looking around the room.
Speaker 1: The fact that Dallas came back and had a fifty yarder and he was able to put it through in the in the fourth quarter late, and it's that made me feel so much better. Yeah, for so much better. And I'm sure it probably Brandon Aubrey's very very even kill. He's not up and down. It's just not who he is as a personality. But yeah, it made me feel better, which I'm sure it probably made him feel a little bit better.
Speaker 4: What did the guys think? What did Nate and everybody? What were they saying?
Speaker 1: Well, the first one, Nate thought he jinked because you know how like Greg Olsen on the broadcast was talking about, oh, we jinked it. It was the broadcast jinx and it was kind of annoying, but whatever, Nate kept singing it up, bringing it up. Nate Newton said the same thing. He was like, man, I jinked him. I've been finally talking about him because he he always talks bad about kickers. That's just kind of his his fel his his character, and Nate always he talks bad about kickers. And he finally was like, man, when I finally talk good about him, then they miss a kick, then they get it blocked, and no one blocked for you brand and that one's on me, like Nate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it wasn't on Brandon Aubrey.
Speaker 1: That was just a clear thanks Terrence Steele Tyler, I know right ended a good thing. Thirty five of thirty five either way. Brandon Aubrey, NFL leader and field goal makes and then NFC leader in punt average Brian Anger.
Speaker 5: So even though he only put him like six times a year day, but point three yards baby, fifty plus yards, that's okay, get it.
Speaker 1: Done where you can.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: It really was a great regular season for the Cowboys. But when we come back, we know the setup.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Cowboys Packers at AT and T Stadium Sunday afternoon, three thirty, kickoff time on Fox. We're gonna kind of preview that matchup a little and talk about the confidence level in this Cowboys team going into the postseason based off of what we've seen these last couple weeks. More talking Cowboys returning.
Speaker 8: In a moment, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five g It is fast, reliable, and secure. And he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and t five G Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 7: Five G requires compatable planning device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 9: Black Rifle Coffee Company serves premium coffee to people who love America. When you drink Black Rifle Coffee, you are directly supporting veterans, law enforcement, and first.
Speaker 1: Responders in your community.
Speaker 9: Black Rifles expert roasters love coffee almost as much as Texas loves football, so it makes sense that America's coffee partner with America's team.
Speaker 2: Go online at.
Speaker 9: Black Riflecoffee dot com and fuel up with the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. That's Black Riflecoffee dot Com. To fuel up today, Cowboys fans. After that move, We've just coined the term rowdy replay. Let's roll back the table.
Speaker 10: Okay, there's our mascot rowdy cheering on the boys. And now he's on his phone on his.
Speaker 1: Bank of America mobile banking app, staying on top of his finances with his virtual financial Assistant Erica.
Speaker 10: Bank of America's digital tools are so impressive. Cowboys fans just can't stop banking. Learn more at Bank of America dot Com. Slash Can't Stop Banking every tay.
Speaker 1: It's only available in the Englis language. You must download the latest version of the Mobile banking app, only available on so Like mobile devices. Message dat rags applied number FDIC.
Speaker 11: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answered life's questions with an ice cold can of doctor Pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller.
Speaker 2: Would you there, doctor?
Speaker 1: My friend supported me during a tough time.
Speaker 11: But what's the right gift that says thanks for being the shoulder.
Speaker 2: To cry out?
Speaker 11: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious Doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 11: Just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 2: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Back here on Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. It is a Victory Monday celebration. Give us A text eight one seven two nine zero three two nine eight eight one seven two nine zero three two nine eight. My question to Cowboys Nation today is, on a scale of one to ten, what is your confidence level in this team right now going into the playoffs. I'm not talking about deep playoff runs. I'm not talking about making a prediction for the rest of the season. What is your confidence level one to ten on how well this team is built and set up into the postseason. And we'll answer that question ourselves in our Smelly Stickers segment coming up next. But I want to talk about the Green Bay Packers. A lot of Cowboys fans have bad memories in the back of their head from the Packers' days and some of the other playoff matchups over these last couple of years. Where is your overall since around this setup for the Cowboys seeing the Packers in the first round at home.
Speaker 6: As far as I'm concerned, the Boogeyman is gone. He's off talking to Pat McAfee about, you know, vaccines and stuff. So I'm not necessarily worried about the Packers. I mean, granted, Jordan Love is playing out of his mind.
Speaker 1: He's the second best touchdown thrower in the NFL behind Dak Prescotte.
Speaker 6: But they are nine and eight, so they're definitely beatable. And I think that going into this game, just managing what Jordan Love does in and out of the pocket is going to be crucial and stopping the running game obviously, that's something that we'll need to do. But confidence level, I don't know, man, I'm kind of at like a five. I'm more so concerned with like what the cow how confident the Cowboys themselves are like after this game, after handling the commanders, which you're supposed to do, managing the running game, all of that. I'm more concerned with how confident they feel going into this. I'm I have to have my hands up, shoulders out, you know what I mean, Just like, all right, man, let's let's see what they can what they can do. I'm I'm I can be swayed either way at this point. I think with the Green Bay Packers you mentioned it, Aaron Rodgers not in the building anymore. This is a completely different Green Bay team than even the one that they saw at Lambeau last year. Let's something that was really interesting to me kind of when I was doing a little bit of prep last night on my final trek down from our trek up from the South. This is their leading receivers and the entire season will go down really really fast. Jaden Reid rookie, Romeo Dobs second year, Dontavian Wicks rookie, Christian Watson second year, Tucker Craft rookie, Luke Musgrave rookie. So they're full with first year guys, second year guys with a first year starter at quarterback. I mean, it's really impressive what Matt Lafluor has put together. But at the end of the day, I think this is one of those rare opportunities where the Cowboys playoff experience might just be a little bit too much in a game like this, especially at home, seven to eight to oero on the year at home and being able to stack those type of things. For that reason, I have a lot of confidence in this game for the Cowboys. This is a game that they should win. When you were looking at the possibilities going into the week about who they could get at the seven seed, this was who you wanted. In my opinion, I think the only thing that could have been.
Speaker 5: Better was like the Saints or Vikings, But like those were outside shots when you looked at the real possibilities. I think this was the best matchup in my eyes. I was even fighting with some people on Twitter last night, like, no, the Rams are not the better matchup, Like that's just false. Yeah, it's the Packers game. I think this is an opportunity for the Cowboys to go in get a big playoff win, and stack some confidence going into the divisional round.
Speaker 1: It was funny me and Isaiah were debating all week on who we would rather not see the most. He didn't want to see Seattle. I didn't want to see Los Angeles. Of course, let's just remember who we're talking about here. But we when we were talking back and forth about it, both of us were agreeing on one thing. We would rather see Green Bay in this scenario. Not because Green Bay is a bad football at all. No bad football teams remain. If you're in the playoffs, you know how to win games.
Speaker 4: Steelers.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's not get carried talking about the NFC. But in this case, out of the teams that you're seeing, the Rams are the hottest team in football possibly right now as a whole, other than maybe the one seeds of Baltimore and San Francisco. But then you've got the defensive prowess, three pro bowlers and playmakers on every level of the Seattle defense. I would rather see the youth and the inexperience of Green Bay in this category. They can still be a matchup matchup nightmare. And I'm excited to get in to the film study to start it a little early. Usually I wait until Tuesday afternoon to start. I'm going to start today just it's playoff week. Got to get a little like film studies. But Jordan Love specifically, I think he's going to present some problems, I really do, but I think this is a team that's going to adjust to that well. In the Cowboys, a lot of confidence answers rolling in here on the text line. The first really five or six that I saw were sevens and eights, pretty high confidence level. Got an eight and a half here Jason from Philadelphia says his confidence still level is a seven. I'm in at eight. That's Reggie from Maryland. But then as the tech started coming in a little bit lower, a say, on a scale of one to ten, a six and a half. This one's a five. Confidence level of four, I wonder why the five says it's been heard too many times. Five says, I don't think we're ready to really go all in yet. We're waiting to make a deep run in the playoffs before there's any excitement. Like Dak said, we're looking for something bigger. I completely understand. This is a team that has been set up well in the past. You've been healthy into back to back playoff runs and it's ended in either one game or two games. I get it. I totally get it. Specifically about the setup. I think this is the best they've been set up in these three years with Mike McCarthy as the head coach.
Speaker 4: No doubt.
Speaker 6: And if this was like a week, you know, twelve game I wouldn't My confidence level would be like a nine or ten. Yeah, but I think just a matter of us getting into posseason, it's like, yeah, we just got to go four and oh, Like that's that's really what we need to do starting from this week is just go four and oh. But yeah, I think going into it right now, all of the pressures on us, I think at this point, and you know, granted Green Bay is who they are, but it also is kind of prime time for Jordan Love to really make a name for himself.
Speaker 4: If he goes off in this game, you know, it's like that could be another Dallas.
Speaker 6: It could be one of those situations where like, Okay, we're about to you know, make a start if our defense doesn't show on Sunday.
Speaker 4: But we'll see. That's what I'm at A five.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, way, we had three touchdowns in this game last year. I mean, it did happen.
Speaker 4: That was like the Christian Watson coming out party.
Speaker 1: Exactly after that he just exploded because there was nothing before that, and then he just blew up right after that game was wet.
Speaker 6: So that's what I'm afraid of. Those happened very often with those Packers games. But you know, we'll see what we can do.
Speaker 1: Along those same lines. What is your number one concern for this team right now? There are a couple of them still out there. This team's not perfect.
Speaker 4: It's it's it.
Speaker 6: Really is about the offense playing well and driving down the field and scoring points.
Speaker 4: That's really about it. I think the.
Speaker 6: Narrative is always there when we're not playing well, is that our offense just kind of sputters and just doesn't really like you just don't see them at their best, at their peak, which they've been so many times throughout the season. But in those big playoff games, it's like, once the offense is derailed a little bit, it just snowballs.
Speaker 1: That's true, and as.
Speaker 4: Is the defense can be. It's like there's nothing they can do if we're not scoring points, if we're not on a role.
Speaker 5: I think that consistency factor, like you're mentioning, I think that's probably where you're going is. You definitely can look at that from shoot, the four previous games before yesterday, Yeah, and then yesterday. Hopefully there's a little bit of confidence that you build off that it is the Washington defense, and there was a lot of pieces that they had out, But maybe you take that confidence into the postseason. But I understand where you're coming from there. I think the biggest concern with me probably would be when I look at the Green Bay game, I don't see any immediate like red flags. But when I look at the postseason as a whole, I worry about speed. I just worry about speed against against the defense. They were able to control it against Miami, they were able to control it against some other teams this year, but when they have to line up against a forty nine ers in the NFC Championship Game, or shoot, even the Eagles. They still have some speed. Yes, they've lost five of six, but they have some speed. They have weapons. You know, how can you contain those on a play to play basis and go from there? You're asking me right now, I think there's no excuse why this team should not make the NFC Championship Game.
Speaker 4: I see that again, I see it. I see it very clear and put.
Speaker 5: I think this team should be traveling the Santa Claire in a couple of weeks with an opportunity to bounce back from that Week five loss.
Speaker 1: We're playing at home.
Speaker 5: Whoever beats Yeah, I love how it's it's already clear clear that. I just don't don't feel like it's going to host.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. If if Dallas is in the NFC Championship Game, there's one of two options. It's either in San Francisco or it's in Dallas. That's that's incrediblely San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Yeah, give me San Francisco.
Speaker 5: You're gonna you're gonna have to beat the best teams. Don't ask me right now. Confidence, You don't ask me right now, that's.
Speaker 4: We got two weeks. Two weeks.
Speaker 6: No, But I like it because it's like, if we're gonna make the super Bowl, let's go against the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I truly think that the NFC Championship this year will be a better match up than the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: I think. I think.
Speaker 5: I tell you what, the divisional round, it looks like you probably get Detroit. It looks like this Teamague, it's Detroit.
Speaker 1: Unless Matthew Stafford goes and does his thing in Detroit.
Speaker 4: That's that's a very valid point. Don't get me wrong. Enet the Eagles. Either way, then you get the Eagles.
Speaker 5: So like, sure, either way, you're getting a pissed off team lost at and T Stadium within the last five or so weeks, and you're gonna have to beat them again at at and T Stadium.
Speaker 4: It's a tough thing to do.
Speaker 5: Yes, this team is eight and oh at home, but stacking those wins it's a little bit more easier said than done. But again, I really don't feel like there's any excuse why this team should not be in the NFC Championship.
Speaker 1: Game when you look at the eighteen weeks of an NFL season. It used to beat quads. You wouldn't look at it in four quad pieces quarters of the season. Instead, now it's looked at as trimasters. You look at it in three parts. You look at the final six weeks of the regular season. A lot of times, those final six weeks as a franchise will tell you exactly where you are. Dallas had their toughest try master in the final six weeks, no doubt about it. Seattle, Philly, Buffalo, Miami, Detroit, and then they had to give me at the end with Washington. But those five games, you learned a lot about your football team. You finished four and two in the final six weeks, and you had ups and you had downs. Josh was talking about consistency. Seattle Week thirteen. Your offense won that game for you. Defense did not play well in that game. Seattle put up thirty five points. Gino Smith DK Metcalf both had the game of their life, but your offense played well enough to win that game. Both came together for Week fourteen dismantled the Eagles. Neither one showed up in Week fifteen and got dismantled by the Buffalo Bills. So they're already you've seen three games halfway through this final trimester and you've seen zero consistency. Then you go to Miami. Your defense plays well enough to win, your offense does not. You go against Detroit, your defense plays well enough to win, your offense barely gets the job done, barely, but you needed the defense to do everything they could in that game to hold Detroit to nineteen points. And then you finally get all three again to come back together against Washington and win the game in a big way, even after a pitter patter start against the bad team on the road. The consistency is my problem as well. My problem is you have to do that for four straight games. You got to win four straight games. And even when the Cowboys won five straight games earlier in the year, it was against teams like New York, Carolina, Washington, Seattle, and Philly. I want to see it put together, no doubt about it, through four games and get the job done like you know they can, but they just haven't done it yet, and against the best teams in the NFL, no doubt, Because like you said, it's going to be Detroit, it's going to be the Rams. It won't be the Rams in the second round, it'll be Detroit, Philly, Tampa Bay in the second round. One of those three teams is the team you would face in the divisional round. You got to get through Green Bay first too, because they're hungry too. So there are concerns it's not perfect. Will continue to break it down. I think there's x's and o's parts of it too. I would like to see the run game continue to blossom, because I think you need that in order to win some of these games. But hey, they are good enough to get the job done. You just got to put it all together for four strew games.
Speaker 4: You're not throwing a quick question here.
Speaker 5: This was asked very early on in the post game press conference to Mike McCarthy yesterday and he walked in and Tad Carper, director of PR here, told him that it was going to be the Packers. And he walked up to the podium and it was like that fast and his second question he was asked, Hey, it's the Packers, you know, this year old team. You know, how much are you looking forward to this matchup? And he was like, yeah, you know, to me, it's a playoff matchup, it's a playoff game. It doesn't matter who's lined up on the other side. He's like, I'm not going to buy into the drama this week without about it, like y'all can like talking about the media.
Speaker 4: Do you think there's anything in the back of his mind.
Speaker 5: I was like, Oh, I'd really love to get a good, good, good, big win over the Packers here, the team that you know gave up on me a few years ago.
Speaker 4: Oh a thousand pers No doubt. There's got to be as as as a human, I feel like there has to.
Speaker 1: Be the right things. Absolutely, I'll let you guys worry about that behind closed doors. He's like, I've got to win.
Speaker 2: This to get the rest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Yeah. He's going to stand on business on Sunday for sure. Yeah, he's ready to go.
Speaker 1: I love it though. I love the element of the historic side of it. Plus you talk about beating the best. I know the Packers aren't the Packers of the past, but beating the Packers would be almost like exercising some demons of playoff pass for sure, Cowboys, because you think about it, the road could be Packers, Eagles, forty nine ers. You talk about trying to exercise all of it out at once. There's one, your bandaid off, Baby, make it happen all right when we come back, We've got some smellie stickers to give out from the thirty eight to ten win as the Cowboys take down the Commanders, win the NFC East and take the two seed in the NFC Playoff. Picture more talking cowboys here in a moment.
Speaker 3: They say, champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agen Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, hater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official lagonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit unitedagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 9: Are you ready to take coffee off your grocery list?
Speaker 1: Forever?
Speaker 9: Black Rifle Coffee Club is here to help. As a coffee Club member, you'll get your favorite coffees, roasted package and ship to your door free of charge on your preferred schedule. Set it, forget it, and never run low on coffee again. Members also get exclusive deals on coffee products and discounts from partner brands. Ease your mind and let Black Rifle worry about your coffee supply. Go to Black Riflecoffee dot com to join the coffee club today.
Speaker 1: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whip ball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 8: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 7: Five G requires compatable planning device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 2: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Welcome back into Talking Cowboys, presented by Invisi Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys. I read that without the read and hello, yeomans walks back in. I just want to let you know that it was handled.
Speaker 1: The read was heard it. Yeah, that was nice, not bad, right, No, that's pretty bad.
Speaker 2: That's okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a little slow to damn sure.
Speaker 4: If that was me, we'd be in in the show, you know.
Speaker 1: And that's it for Talking Cowboys. Will see you tomorrow.
Speaker 4: There's a helmet, all right.
Speaker 1: We got some smelly stickers to hand out here. We did not do this last week. We just completely forgot about it. By we, I mean me, sorry, completely forgot about it.
Speaker 4: But it was a weird week last week.
Speaker 1: It was a weird week with the new year, Isaiah wasn't here on Tuesday. It was kind of like a thing that got pushed aside. But we've got our smelly stickers are players of the game, and this helmet's getting pretty full again. Twelve wins on the campaign for the third straight year. How impressive is that? By the way, how much credit does Mike McCarthy in the front office deserve three straight years of twelve win seasons. That's not easy to do in the NFL at any level.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's impressive.
Speaker 5: I think that's a credit to this entire coaching staff, the personnel department, that the team that they put together over the last few years. That's a big time, you know, being able to win twelve games then three straight years. But I don't think anybody will care unless there's playoff success on the other end.
Speaker 1: That's that's kind of the feel. You got to have wins in the playoffs and it starts this week. I mean, that's that's really kind of the number one thing is you want to win games, you want to be able to make a run, but you can also stop and maybe not smell the roses, but at least smell the appreciate smell the smells. At least appreciate what this team has been doing, and they have been relevant and competitive over these last few years to this to the extent of at least being in the Super Bowl conversation, and they're doing it again this year.
Speaker 4: Let's go, let's go all right, are we kicking it off?
Speaker 7: Were?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 4: What you got Okay, I'm gonna go with the pair of cherries. Okay, I'm gonna give these to Dak because.
Speaker 6: Dak showed showed some cherries yesterday and really went off, stood in the pocket with Zach Martin out did his thing and that ced touchdown where he's just like he had all the time in the world. Basically, Zach Martn's not playing, you know what I'm saying, Like, yeah, all the time in the world. Just kind of was like CD just kind of come over here and touch down easy. It felt like a very Romo esque and shouts to my Romo fans out there there you go.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 4: My my smelly sticker is not going to these two guys.
Speaker 2: But t J.
Speaker 5: Bass and brock Hoffman definitely showed up like very much smelly stickers, you know what, and they were they were they were very big time.
Speaker 1: Because that was a tough situation for them to go in. I've got these, I've got these macaroons. These aren't my smelly sticker. This is just an honorable mention. I've got these there. They look like macaroons or whatever. I don't even is that how you say Max macaron?
Speaker 4: That's how you say it, Macon okaye.
Speaker 1: Well whatever that is. There's two of them here. You're gonna give one of which to brock Kaffman and the other one to TJ. Bass, both of which were given really zero time to fill in, especially uh especially brock Hoffman. Hawkman was given less than twenty four hours notice of Hey, Zach Martin's gone down with an illness and we need you to step up and play.
Speaker 6: Basically the entire he just needed a word like I'm playing okay, yeah, Like he's ready to go.
Speaker 1: I will say, we've seen this for moxtar. Both of you guys were out there. He is as intense of an individual as you'll ever see, and you can see it on the field. And Isaiah and I were talking in the studio and he was like, just please don't make it personal. We had that whole conversation about Doron Payne and I know Jonathan Allen wasn't playing, but don't make it personal with those guys. He was like, brock Hoffman's gonna make it personal. Here it goes like here, here's what's happening.
Speaker 4: He's one of the doggiest dogs on the team.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for sure he's And Doron Payne had a few chances and yeah and didn't didn't fully did he get a sack or no?
Speaker 4: No, Prescott trusted them.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Wow, something really quick too.
Speaker 5: It was announced, gosh and two hours before the game that Zach Martin has an illness but he's expected to pull, you know, just letting everybody know he's We got an email, We got a pr email from it, and I was like, okay, you know, tweeted out real quick, just in case it became something bigger.
Speaker 1: And it did.
Speaker 5: And brock Hoffman has been taking backup center reps most of the season. He has been getting work at guard during practice, but he has been almost primarily backup center. So to be able to step in at right guard at that moment and do what he did, that's big time and that speaks to the trust. My smelly sticker and look I'm I would love to make this game specific, but I'm gonna make this a little bit season specific, and.
Speaker 4: I'm staying on the offensive line.
Speaker 5: It was a guy who suffered a very big injury this past season in twenty twenty two and played every single snap in twenty twenty three until he was pulled late in the fourth quarter yesterday. And that's Terrence Steele, and he fought a lot of criticism earlier in the year, had a four set game given up against Philadelphia Eagles, bounce back, had a really solid stretch on the back half of the season. Had a couple of lumps here and there, but the trust is high at right tackle. The the worth is there at right tackle. Didn't give up any sacks yesterday. I don't believe give up any pressures.
Speaker 4: Terared Steel. You got my smelly sticker today.
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: How many times have we talked about Terrence Steel throughout the season. It's very few and far between them, and that's a good thing for an offensive lineman.
Speaker 4: Well earned that smelly stick You better tell them like, hey man, I have this sticker that I put it on the helmet just for you. Get away from me.
Speaker 1: I did tell Brandon Cooks about our smelly stickers. He thinks it's a funny segment. All right, I've got this donuts.
Speaker 4: Come on the show.
Speaker 1: There you go, Brandon Cooks invites always open. I've got a donut. It's a pink frosted donut here. You know what a donut also resembles zero A zero. And that's the amount of people in the NFL that can cover CD Lamb.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh, let's go.
Speaker 1: That's the amount of people that can cover CD Lamb. That's the amount of individuals that have more receptions in CD Lamb. And honestly, right now, I'm not afraid to say it, that's the amount of people in the NFL as receivers that are better than Ceedee Lamb zero. He is the best receiver in the NFL right this second. And you can't tell me otherwise, most receiving yards, receptions, and receiving touchdowns since Week six of the NFL season. That also just happens to be the time when Ceedee Lamb said, hey, throw me the rock and let me carry this thing, and then guess what he did. He did it. They threw him the rocket. He carried this thing yeah, Ceedee Lamb. You get my smelly sticker, it's the icing on the doughnut.
Speaker 4: Oh, Ceede Lamb. But I'm taking just Jefferson.
Speaker 1: Wow, So let's get off my podcast.
Speaker 4: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 5: In the playoffs definitely, Oh okay, Well then he missed seven games we playoff season, though, I'm just saying, like that's we're talking abot playoff teams here.
Speaker 1: No, but I'm with you.
Speaker 5: I think Ceedee Lamb coming into the season really quick on this Coming into the season, there was still kind of rhetoric being left behind about can he be a consistent wide receiver?
Speaker 11: One?
Speaker 5: Is he even worthy of being an eighty eight? And yeah, I think he came in and shut everybody up on that instance. And I think the biggest thing that he fought in the preseason was is he a top ten receiver in this sleep? And I think he's firmly a top three So sure, that's that's big time.
Speaker 1: Who would be the top three is at Jefferson Hill and Lamb better A Brown?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, No, he's been better than AJ this year.
Speaker 4: Especially, I'm not a huge AJ Brown guy. He's had a great year, but I'm not a huge aj Brown, he's still a dude and also prayers up to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was about to say he went through a nasty injury yesterday. We'll see if he's even available for playoffs.
Speaker 2: I doubt it.
Speaker 1: Have they reported that yet?
Speaker 4: No, I don't think they.
Speaker 1: Don't think they said it specifically either, but it did not look good. All right, Playoff time is here, boys, Yeah, Talking Cowboys all week long, nine am Central. We won't have Isaiah tomorrow. We will have John Machoda in the building and then we will get back after it with the whole crew on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and get you ready for the Green Bay Packers and the Dallas Cowboys. It is a historical matchup just because of the brands, the history, and of course the current implications that are on the line. Sunday afternoon at for thirty. It was a fun one breaking this one down. The Cowboys win the division thirty eight to ten as they take down the Washington Commanders in week eighteen and take home the two seed in the NFC playoffs. For Chris Beam, Nick Harris, Josh Rodriguez, I'm Kyle Yeoman saying so long from Talking Cowboys. We'll see you tomorrow in playoff time in Texas. This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.