Speaker 1: Start Up, dot Up, start Up, Brooklyn Boys, start Up, Brooklyn Boys, start up, start up up. They making noise up, start.
Speaker 2: Up, dat Up, Episode three fifty six. It's the Brooklyn Boys podcast. Hey everybody, how you feeling? Now? I'm good, I'm David Brody. That's scary Jones. He was about to forget that part. Nah, I was about to go into it. I was about to why do we ask? Why do we ask people how they're feeling? If they can't answer back, how you feeling? How's it going? No, you should do what Seth Myers does. He goes, hey, hope everyone, you know, how's everyone doing? He says, how's everyone doing? O dead of the audience, and he just kind of moves on. Yeah, he said. Then he says, hope everybody's doing. Okay, that's what we should say. Hope everybody's doing. Hope everybody's out. Let's get now, let's get to the news. That's what he says. Yeah, how much you just listening to our podcast? That's right, that's all. Yeah, you have a good Halloween weekend? Uh? Yeah, you know what? I set up the twelve foot inflatables outside. Yeah, I have two giant twelve foot inflatables. I got like a grim reaper and a giant like a pumpkin reaper outside everybody had. I had the coolest looking uh front of the front of the house here. And then I you know, I bought. I only bought candy that I like, right, so you know that when it's left over, that you could eat it. Correct, And uh, nobody came by. Nobody showed us that I forgot to get the door hanger. So what they do is in my in my community, is they give out door hangers like to put on like you know, like do not disturb signs. But so if you want to participate in trick or treating and having candy, you hang the door on your door so that the kids not only to ring the doorbells of the people who are participating. Well, I forgot to pick the door hanger up at the clubhouse and I didn't have one, and so nobody came by, And why did anybody come get candy? So I got a bag of candy. I never signed up on the apartment cheat we have we have apart of course you did. You're you're a hermit. You don't know anybody, you know what apartment how's it going to look if I opened my door and his kids there and I'm alone, it's gonna be creepy. No, it's not. No, the apartment, the apartment lobby. The lobby has the apartment show sign up sheet, and I'd never put my name on there. First of all, I'm never home. It'll be a big disappointment. And then you know, it's a nuisance to keep answering my door. However, a friend like Scotti b from the Elvis Rancho, he told me he had tons and tons and tons of trick of treaters. He said that that they come from other neighborhoods. Did you do that as a kid, like just go to like the rich neighborhoods. Apparently there were no rich scary scary You and I grew up in the same neighborhood. There was no rich neighborhood. There was, but you had to drive out of where our neighborhood was, you know, you know, the only the only neighborhoods with money in Brooklyn when we were growing up with Manhattan Beach and and and New Mill Basin and uh and Dyker Uh the Dker Heights, Yeah, the heights. I get in that big money. They had big houses. But yeah, and they had like a lot, a lot of Christmas. Decott contends that a lot of the people around him give out the full size candy bars. They don't give out the fun size, they give the full size. So long island money. Yeah, right, So so the word must have got out in other towns that his town gives the gives the big full size bars, so they get flooded. But I'm just wondering if you know anyone had the because I don't, because we didn't have that my First of all, my parents had no time to uh to even take is trigger treating, so we had to do it on our own. And if we were going to do it on our own, we had to go on our own neighborhood. And we all know that it amounted to you know, good and plenty Worth's original Mary Jane's all the all the crap. So unlike you, I grew up in an apartment building which had let's see, how one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, forty eight apartments right in the building, So that was forty eight people I could trick a treat with, well, forty seven. I didn't tricker treat in my own house, own apartment, forty seven other apartments pretty much without ever going outside. So if the weather was bad, we would just trick or treat like the other one or two other kids in the building. We would go around together and we're like, oh, don't ring that bell. That's the old nasty man. But we knew, we knew what doorbells to ring, and we never had to go out. Yeah, maybe we would go like up the block halfway and then go that's enough and then turn around, and we had to go very far. However, my kids, when they were younger, we would go trigger treating in the affluent ara within a couple of miles a world. Okay, so you did do this, you did participate. Okay, So but here's the thing. There was so yet too found out about it. We found out about it because one of our old record label friends who lived in that area was like, oh, you should come trick or treating in my area. It's the best. So that everyone in town would meet on the corner a certain corner, and then everyone in a large group would move together and go from house to house, and all the houses had like animatronics and everyone was out of the lawn. Those are the full sized candy bar houses, of course, full sized candy bars. And it wasn't like you know, stragglers. It was like forty five fifty kids all going and the door opened once they gave everybody and they were done, and then you went across the street and you were done. And this was an area where a couple of famous people lived, and so occasionally you'd ring a bed and the famous person would answer the bell. In one particular time, one particular time, this one house that had a giant staircase in the front. You go up like twenty five steps to get to this right and it's all marble and fancy. They're making you work for your candy. Yeah, he had to go up. So I my kids were little at that point, maybe they were like, you know, ten seven five somewhere around there, like eleven somewhere. So we went up to the top and I'm not going to mention any names, but the door opens and it is a oh, come on person names. No, no, no, because I don't want to say where they live, and we're I no, So you didn't say shit, and you haven't given any prescription. I just I want to know who the famous celebrity was the answered the door. It was a it was a famous person of color who who had been on our show, okay, our morning show. Okay. And so when I opened the door and I said, my kids will like trick or treat, he sees me and says Brody from the More Show. And I'm like yeah, and my kids were like, oh, you know, it was like, how do you know this guy? Uh? And so his house was beautiful, but it was that was the kind of neighborhood. It was like full sized candy balls, like you said, right, So, okay, I don't understand what you can't mention who the famous person was, but okay, all right, Well well because I don't, I'm not sure everyone in our audience would even know this person if I said it. Okay, okay, well, well never mind, we'll move on for that. One thing I did see was a lot of videos of you know, people you know, with with decorations of neighborhoods and costumes and and and this recurring thing, this reoccurring phrase that said, huh, nobody does Halloween like blank Neck fill in the town. Nobody does Halloween like Long Island, nobody does Halloween like New Jersey. Nobody does Halloween like and or more specific like, there was a lot of people saying that, Yeah, I can, I can honestly say whatever, state whatever. I can honestly say that unless you've and I don't want to be sound like you know that, like huhuh, we're Manhattan and we're elitist, But I don't. We don't live in Manhattan. But nobody does Halloween like the Greenwich Village Halloween Parade in Manhattan, New York City. Yeah, but that but that's not trick or treating. That's a different thing. No, but I'm talking Yeah, but for costumes, for the celebration, for the party, for the music, for the atmosphere. I mean, that's really the quintessential in our neighbor in this area, at least try area. Now you know what listen forget about city or well Salem, Massachusetts. No, I mean, how do you compare with a place that where like where Witchcraft was pretty much invented, right or where where ran rampant. There are places what do you mean it ran rampant? There wasn't real witches. What are you talking about? Salem Witchcraft? Salem, real witches, scary? It wasn't real witches, but there were. It's haunted, isn't Salem haunted? That's where the term witch hunt comes from. It means going after people that they weren't guilty of anything. So say, what about what about like Savannah, Georgia. There's a lot of ghosts there in New Orleans, they're haunted places. But but just to like name an arbitrary neighborhood as nobody does Halloween like blank, it's just like really saying nothing because to me, well, to them, to them, it's a big deal in the town next to them is probably pissed off. Right, But you haven't you haven't seen Manhattan. You haven't seen the village? Have you haven't been to the villa. I've I've gone, like for several years in a row. I mean I haven't gone last couple of years. But okay, but but but nobody does Halloweens like the village Halloween parade. Okay, but okay, but when somebody when a town says nobody does Halloween like our town, they don't mean a parade with floats and flamboyant people. They mean candy and costumes. What have you seen the costumes at the village Halloween parade. Yeah, scary, it's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about towns. Aren't in competition with the village, your competition with on the towns, towns who do like we do Halloween. They're talking about the way they decorate their town, the way, the way the kids dress up, the way you know, the way the candy is put out. That's what they're talking about. They're not talking about actual truck floats going down the street with with with with strippers and and drag queens and crazy costumes. That's something they're talking about. You can't compare that to anything else. We're not more than ten minutes into this and Birdie's already bent out of shape. We got to take a break. You pull, I'll tell you why I'm a little you pull. I'll tell you why I'm a little I'm a I'm a little on edge or something. I'll tell you there's something going on, boys podcast. We will be right back. I'm looking at you, Birdie to the camera, and you're like you're you're holding your your head in your hand, You're pulling on the skin of your face. What's happening? Then you're high your bloodshot. I see it. I can see this is not the David Brody that I know. Okay, So I'm glad you picked up on it, because, yeah, something's a little off for me, and I'll tell you what it is. So you know I don't drink, right, I drink a little bit, but I'm not a drinker, which is why I don't invite. Well, you're a douchebag, because I can still go and have fun whether I'm drinking or not. I can have a drink. The point is, every once in a while I'll I'll have a drink with like Irish cream or Bailey's or a flavor of Bailey's if they come out with something fun like s'mores Bailey's or I don't know your go to if anything. Got a good white Russian right? Yeah? Yeah, I like kalua and okay, so I needed to go get more khalua for the house. So I stopped off at the at the liquor store on my way home today when I was out running errands, and I saw a bottle of something that's been around a while, but I had never seen it. I'm sure it's been around whatever Bailey's chocolate. So I'm thinking to myself, well, Bailey, I love Bailey's and I love chocolate. It had six or seven different flavors. I've had strawberry shortcake, I've had Chruro flavor Bailey's. You know again. I put a little bit of milk and I call it a night. So I Google reviewed Bailey's chocolate and the review said, oh, people who like who comment say it's creamy, it's good for milkshakes, pour over at ice cream, and it has more of an alcoholic kick to it than some of Bailey's other flavors. All right. So I'm like, no, okay, well fine, I'll just you know, put less of it in whatever. So when I got home today, I'm in the kitchen. I'm about to feed the dogs, right because someone's got to feed them. I'm here, I gotta feed them. I'm the only one here to feed the dogs at that point. And I was like, oh, you know what, I really want to taste the Bailey's chocolate. This is like half hour ago. Yeah. So I put I don't know, half a shot glassy a little bit, and I put some milk in it and I drank it. I'm like, oh, this is like chalk chalcolate milk. It's like chocolate milk and to chocolus. I went, I drank it. I was like, oh, this is like you drink milk. You're like, you don't sit, but you drink it. And then I went back on the couch and scared, like, I need another twenty minutes. I'll be ready. I was like okay, and I'm sitting there and all of a sudden, I go, oh, oh, my head feels a little bit off. Really, how many can get a little tired? How many ounces did you drink? And maybe one two ounces? Come on? A little amount cannot get you to the point that you're at right now. There's no way. Scary scary. I don't drink I had. I put a little in the bottom of the glass. I put me it was like eighty percent milk. I just was like, whatever, I about eighty percent. It was like three four to one milk milk. You should be fine. Oh wow, scary look at look at my eyes. I'm like, I'm like, uh, dizzy, Are you sorry? You drank it? No, It's delicious. But when I realized I had to do a podcast, I'm like, oh yeah, I'm definitely a little hoofy. Yeah, all right, so I'm glad. I'm glad you noticed it. You're like, you know you you cook. I'm sorry, vices, I'm sorry you're beat off. We all are indulged in it in an ounce of bailey Chocolate. My point is, though, if you like Bailey's and you like chocolate, it's really good. So if you look, I'm not encouraging anyone to drink, but if you do drink and you have a little Bailey's chocolate, leave us a talk back and let us know if it was a little more alcoholic than you anticipated. Yeah, because I assure you the other flavors of Bailey's, the flavors they don't feel like this. No, no, So okay, I'm a lightweight, I admit it.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: So I'm I'm out of it. But for another reason, and that is because your boy has been working out every single day. Oh and what about you? I've been at the gym every day. Oh oh in this story, you're my boy. It's in this you're playing the role of Mike. What's the problem? The more I go, the heart of the workouts get because he says, you're ready, You're ready, You've turned the corner. You're here. So it's almost like I'm getting punished. We're going so many days in a row because he feels like I'm building up strength and stamina and conditioning and that I can handle more. This motherfucker. So put me on this guy, put me on the row. You know the row machine, the row you sit down the slices, it's all the slices have heard from your works is the row machine, the row where you pull, you pull on the chain and you are taking uh the ozembic from the from row dot co that he made me go on there two and a half minutes straight, then take two and a half hold on, wait, then take a three minute break, and then go on two and a half minutes again eight times, eight times wait, wait a minute eight so two and a half, a three minute rest, two and a half, back on a three minute rest, two and a half. But it made me repeat this process eight times and then wait a minute. You rested longer than you rode, only about thirty seconds. But still wait, no, no, no, no, there's there's a method to the madness. I went up a flight of stairs, I went up three steps, and then I waited a minute we're up another three steps. I went to you suppose that's how you're supposed to work out. You're not supposed to just work out. You're not supposed to just put all our effort in and found until you muscle failure. You can't do that, and then you you're out of breath and you sweat and your balls off, and then then you know you're good for nothing. But if you pause, you take you take calculated breaks, and you go back to it. What's so funny you rested for three minutes after rowing for two and a half if you played pick a ball. I played pick a ball for like a point, and it was like, I take a break, it, tak a break. I just go to point it take a break. So each one is four hundred meters, and how many meters in a mile sixteen hundred, So so you're talking about I did how many? I did two miles on the rower. I rode two miles on the rower. And then at the end of that he gave me these fifty pound weights and he put it. He says, this is gonna this is called the farmers, the farmer something or other, and and I had I lift these weights and carry them, and he made me walk across the entire floor back and forth ten times with these weights in my fucking hands. Did you can just walk back and forth? And yeah? I'm like, oh, that seems easy. After the third or fourth time, I'm like, oh, this is not easy. What the fuck? I can't wait to put these down. That was the whole workout the day before. He did what I did. What it's called a circuit. You know what a circuit is, yeah, I do. I'm not talking about how explain it? A circuit? Scary? All right? Scary? You asked me if I know? Now, tell the slice. So so I had to go on the go up next to the squat rack. All right, I'm echoing back on myself here, Okay, I have one hundred, one hundred pounds one hundred go back on yourself. That's your own date. No, No, the bar is forty five pounds, and then he put twenty five pounds on each side, so it's like ninety five pounds. I had to do one. I had to do one squad with the thing on my back, one and then one pull down, one push up one. I did one one, one, one one, and then I had to go back and do it again and go two two two two two three three three two three all the way to five five five five five, five five five. Then I took like a four minute break, and then I had to start from five, do five five to five five and work my way all the way back to one four four four four three two two t T T three two two two two two one one one one with I had to do knee crunch, I had to do a push up. I had to do a dumbbell rais. I had, like, you know, just like a pot pourri of exercises. That's another thing that crushed me. Killed me. I'm like, what are you doing? What are these workouts we're doing? All of a sudden, he goes, these these are next level workouts. So I am dead tired, not from liquor, but from that. So I rest my case. Tomorrow, I'll go back in. It's he's gonna have another concoction. He says, this is perfect for your strength and conditioning. We're doing some core, we're doing some cardio. So how much actual rowing did you do? Back to the minutes about the rower, Yeah, how long did you row row your boat? Uh? Two and a half minutes? Times eighty.
Speaker 4: What is that.
Speaker 2: Ten? Fifteen, twenty minutes? It's a long with eighteen with eighteen the rest. Yes, what do you do? What kind of Matthew doing? Why am I coming back at me? I hear myself in your head it's it's you know, it's in your headphones. No it's not. I don't hear any feedback. It's gone now anyway. Okay, all right, So I have this video here. How long should you work out on a rowing machine? Let's see what they say along with core activation, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 3: The duration of your rowing workout should align with your fitness goals. High intensity rowing can range from hit intervals to longer raise pieces. High intensity workouts are ideally around fifteen to thirty minutes of work. Low intensity rowing focuses on steady, continuous rowing at a comfortable pace. This type of workout primarily targets aerobic endurance and facility.
Speaker 2: Steady rowing for fifteen to thirty minutes. No, there's nothing in here about about taking a break for three minutes from your road for two and a half. Oh, I googled how long should you work out on a rowing machine? But that wait a second, help on, there's gotta be there's gotta be a methadone thirty.
Speaker 3: To sixty minute time frames and are suitable third dinners, Active recovery.
Speaker 2: Thirty to sixty minutes from beginning, looking.
Speaker 3: To build a strong aerobic base with breaks if you're a runner.
Speaker 2: Thirty to sixty minutes with breaks for beginners, where did you hear with breaks? There's gotta be breaks in there. You can't go steady. You can't go steady for thirty minutes. You can go steady for fifteen, of course you can. You never rode a byte for fifteen minutes. But the rower is tough. That's a tough piece of machinery. And the slices have no idea what the tension setting on it was. It could have been light setting. You could have been rowing nothing. You could have been rowing a rubber band for all we know. Two, you worked out for two and a half minutes and then rested for three How if the fuck you? No, these are I'm making some significant gains. Yeah, you're gaining time at the gym because you're just spending half of it resting. But posting today, well, I did three sit ups, then I took a nap, then I did four sit ups. Then I took a nap. Okay, yeah, if I'm doing okay, if I'm doing if I'm doing medball slams where I take a twenty pound medicine ball. All right, yeah, you slam it like a baby, slam it down and do a squad. Now I do take a break. I do ten of them, and then you tell yeah, then you take a break. Why don't you try lifting the ball? You say you're you're rather than lifting it over your head like as an exercise, you lift it once and slam it down. That's what we do. You drop it. You're basically letting gravity drop the ball. No, you're you're slamming it onto the ground. You're pushing it down and you let go of it to slam it onto the ground as hard as you can. And then after ten of the reps you take, then you go over to another piece of equipment and you do something for your called called the bed. You take a nap. No, no, no, I'll do something else. When you when you say you do a circuit, do you turn the light office that you turn the light switch off? Is doing the circle?
Speaker 4: Wo?
Speaker 2: You take a nap? You exercise you're not paying. You're not paying this guy, right, this trainer. Of course, I am, oh yeah, Now do you pay him to take a three minute break and then pay him again? He's he's giving me the orders of what to do and when to do them, and when he's gotta, he's gotta, he's gotta stop watch. So so if I donna stop watch, So if I do, if I do ten minutes, you know what he you know what he does. He watches you stop that. No, no, no no. If I do ten reps of one exercise, ten reps of another of exercise B, and then ten of exercise C, I'm entitled to go to the water fountain, take a few cups of water, take a two minute break, and then I repeat it Exercise A, B C. Little break with some water, more water, and then go back to ABC again and I do each one three times. How is that? How much of a break do you take between A and B and B and C? You take three minutes between me? No, no, no, no, you just you take like about thirty seconds to a minute, but you take a longer break after you repeat one round of it. That's that's smart. That's smart working out right there. That's yeah, you find this so comical. I'm still laughing at my stopwatch joke. All right, you keep laughing through the commercial break podcast. You're still going I'm still you crack yourself up. There's no bigger fan of David Brody than David Brody. Oh that's not true. There slices who like me more than I like myself. I did want to tell you a story about my friend paper Menu, who he called me yesterday. He did want to come on the podcast. I begged him to come on the podcast. He said, you can tell the story better than me. I just I did this for you. I lived it, I did it. I did it for you. So he went he went to the local drug store chain, okay, one of the big drug store chains, and he went in for a small red bull, and the red bull with tax came out to two forty seven. I think it was two forty seven. He's the one forty seven or two forty seven whatever, And he gives the woman behind the counter three dollars, okay, two forty seven, three dollars. What's the change, scary fifty three cents. Very good. So now it's important to the story because I have audio. I'm gonna that the woman had a broken English, Spanish Hispanic accent. Okay, so he said, So she hands him two quarters for his change instead of fifty three cents. So he says, now again, this is my friend paper Menu, who is not cheap. He's one of the guys who said women don't pay when he goes out to eat. Okay, So what would you have done, Scary Jones? If the change was fifty three cents and they gave you back fifty no pennies? I would I would. I would chalk it up as a three cent loss because I don't want their three pennies and because you're a bougie fuck no, not because I have no, no need in my life for a penny. They stopped printing them for a reason. That's a that's it's irrelevant. We have enough pennies in circulation anyway. So my friend paper Menu says to the woman, you owe me three cents, and she says no pennies, and he says, okay, but then give me a nickel, no draw short then if I give you pennies, right, So again I'm doing a terrible accent. So he says, yeah, but you owe me three cents. She says, it's not my fault, it's the government. They don't make pennies. So he says, yeah, okay, then give me then give me a nickel. You take the two cent law, So why am I taking a three cent loss? You have no pennies? I have no pennies. They don't make pennies no more. So, so he the guy behind him online. He looks at the guy behind him, like what the fuck, and the guy's like, yeah, they don't. They don't make no more pennies, which is of course not proper English, but that's not the point. And so he says, well, okay, so next time I come, you'll give me a nickel. Right, No, So he's all frustrated, but he says to himself, he says, to himself, my friend David would love this for his podcast. So he goes back the next day, now another red ball, and he recorded it. Now the conversation is short at this time, but he recorded it, so we would have audio for a podcast. That's how good my friend. I love it.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 2: Thank you PAPERMN you for your contribution in advance. Yea, So here here's the audio. He's getting the money he's handing her the money. Yeah, yeah, she's making change. She's counting the coins.
Speaker 5: Will you to my penny? But why do I have to get You should give me a nickel instead of keeping my three cents? But this is let's pall right. Yeah, I don't get.
Speaker 4: Three change, but it's only two cents. Maybe you give me extra two cents and keep it instead of keeping my three cents. I'm gonna bring you two cents and you give me a nickel.
Speaker 5: Understand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I ended up sing's keeping my three cents.
Speaker 2: Okay, So she said it's not me, it's it's the government. Two dollars. Where's my two dollars? Killing the bicycle? Oh my, you heard what he said? Yeah, he said, he goes, I'll come back. I'll come back with two cents tomorrow. You'll give me a nickel. No, because all of a sudden, I am the transaction just lasts twenty four hours and then it resets itself. Is that right? Yeah? Because you know it used to be. It used to be like take a penny, leave a penny.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 2: Used to be like, oh, if it's more than two cents, then you get the benefit. If it's less than two cents, you lose the benefit. So if the change was one or two cents, you go, oh, keep the two cents. But if it's three cents, you give the nickel. It's not his fault. He's out six cents now. Yeah, So the lady's excuse was, it's not my fault, it's the government. It's not my fault. Slices. What are we talking about here? I know Vinny from Brooklyn is like Brody, listen, normally I'm out on your side. Let's not be on your side, Brody. It's nominal. You're talking about fractions of But but it's a business. This woman doesn't get to speak for a company and decide I'm not giving you three cents. I don't not pennies. You can't do that. You can't just decide not to give. If you're not gonna go to the bank and get pennies, then you have to give people a nickel.
Speaker 5: I no, no, I.
Speaker 2: Agree with that. I agree that they they should give him the better for the doubt. What a shitty fucking business that is. But I wouldn't squabble over it. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it. I'm not even gonna get my blood pressure up over it. I'm just gonna be you're a pushy No, all right, I got upset for him. I mean, it's it is the principle. I understand that. I understand as the principle, and then businesses shouldn't be doing that. Old on what if she says, I don't have any singles? So, uh, I'm not giving you three dollars back. You just call it even? I mean, wait, does it end? Yeah? All right, I'm sorry. I'm out. I'm out of twenties, so I can't give you a change. Sorry. I wish I was with the year with me. The other day. I thought of you. I was in the game. You would a Saturday Life live party or a mess party announce I would have loved. I was at the gas station and I was engine running, and uh, with the engine running, of course, you dumb fuck hold on, and I said, give me twenty dollars regular right cash? Yeah, So I I just am on my phone and I'm flipping to my phone and I'm I'm texting people. So I hear the gas going cold. You could you get you any here? And then you know, he takes the hose out, puts it in the thing, and he goes and I went to look over and I handed him the twenty and I noticed that the gear the meter said nineteen dollars and ninety nine cents. He shorted me one penny of gas. So I looked at him. He looked at me, and he goes, oh, sorry, and he says, he says, he says exactly well, I didn't even have to ask for it. I just looked at him. I'm like, nineteen ninety nineties. Yeah, he goes, sorry he was, and I'm sorry, I have no pennies. The government stopped making them. So I'm like, okay, now I just got hold on I just because I'm burning up.
Speaker 5: I know you are.
Speaker 2: You can fry an egg on your head. I could see it now, So get the scam. Get the scamboney jingle ready, because I know why this is a scambony. I rolled, I rolled my window up, and I put the car into gear and I drove away happily, didn't even question him. And then I thought to myself, motherfucking Brody would have forced him if he didn't have any pennies. He would have forced him to put the gas nozzle back in the car and do one click just to get the one penny more of gas, which would probably be nothing because the thing probably clicks before it lets out any liquid. It's probably you probably don't even get shit. It's probably just like click. Okay, let me ask you a question. Was this a fly by night, like a hood gas station? Like no, big No, it's one of the big corporation brands. Yes, okay. The reason I'm asking, and anyone who's ever worked in a gas station, in a legit gas station knows this. If somebody says, give me twenty dollars, you can preset the amount to shut off you for all you know, he give me preset, and the thing in nineteen ninety nine, the fuck over every car that comes in, and that shit adds up and he gets an extra ten twenty bucks a day. Let me ask you a question. If he had given you a nineteen ninety seven, would you have cared nineteen ninety four. Where is the point where you would have said, come on, man, where's my gas? At what point? What if he said nineteen ninety and he goes I would have said, if it was nineteen ninety seven, I would be like, yo, bro, come on man, give me another give me another squirt, give you another squirt? You would so for three cents, you would have said something.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: But the thing is, at this point, remember the nozzles out of a back on the on the rack, and my gas can. You tank is closed? Price? What's the price is it? Whatever he says nineteen seventy five, it goes, I don't have any quarters. I'm out of quarters.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, no, no no no. You fill me to twenty, bro, fill me to twenty. Okay, so twenty five cents, you're putting it back in. He's sticking it back in. Twenty cents, he's sticking it back in fifteen ten okay, even a dime. No, you can't fucking be nineteen ninety and think, okay, you're gonna short change me. It was nineteen ninety nine. Okay, so you have a limit, right, you have a limit. Ten cents, you your pistols, even a nickel in nineteen ninety five. No, I said, penny. You gotta give you know, you gotta give me a little squirt. You know what I'm saying. Okay, So Scary Jones calls bullshit at five cents, But my friend calls bullshit at three cents and he's wrong. Is that what you're saying? No, well, it's it's a little bitt beb What what is it different? He got ripped off three cents, You got ripped off a penny, and you said if you got ripped off five cents, you would go crazy, You'd want you because because in that case, all it would take for him is to do is to put the nozzle back. That's worth unscrewing the cap on the tank, putting the nozzle back and giving me and filling me to twenty Okay, that's all. Okay, What happens? What happens if he goes click click, and now it's twenty dollars and four cents and he goes, bro, you owe me four cents?
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 2: Then you tell him you're out of nichols? I don't tell him you're out of pennies. I would imagine he would give me the benefit of the doubt because it's in my favor. Why should he, man's got to make a living. Why is he giving you free gas? I mean, you wouldn't take the you got short change from him? You don't want to get short change. We are quibbling, quibbling over fractions of pennies and stuff. It doesn't matter. I just I don't know for whatever reason. Listen, I did say I did take the side of your friend paper menu. Yes, the business should have been better, but you know what that that that tells you the kind of business it is. And maybe maybe the price they pay is that they don't get my business again, you know what, just a on account of just on account of principle, Well, fuck you, I'm not coming about you get drunk. The drug store, Oh, the drug store. Okay, but what if okay, let me ask you a question. Be honest, Now, be honest. If you went back to the same gas station four days later and said give me twenty bucks worth of gas and he gave you nineteen ninety nine again, are you going back a third time? Never? Okay, okay, but me see, you would go back to that. You would be like you might be like, hey, give me that extra penny, or you'll be like, hey, you owe me a penny next time. So next time, if I ask for twenty dollars, I come back, I'm getting twenty oh one. That's what you would do. No, what I would do is go a third time to establish a pattern, and I would take a picture of the meter each time and then go aha, I go, I'm gonna I'm gonna expose you to all the local can't imagine he did something nefarious. He didn't do this on purpose. Oh oh, he's programming these he's programming it to nineteen ninety nine. Oh my god, absolutely, come on, fucking they fuck get the gas pump. Wow. All right, hey, hey, what's today? What's today's date? As we record this, today is Wednesday, November fifth, Okay, twenty twenty five. I'm gonna bring this up, bring this one thing up, and then we can take a break. Uh So John Oliver does this thing every month at the beginning of the month. On last week, tonight, he does a montage of local newscasters all over the country saying the same thing. He is saying the same joke, saying the same cliche, like pumpkin latte, I got my pumpkin lante. So every month, uh, he does the same thing. He shows them all, go, h Mike, can you believe it's already August? Oh my god, it's August already. Can you believe it's August?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we actually run some of those montages on the air. That's great, right, I know you have right, Okaymber First, it's already September. Can you believe It'sturday? September? And I hate that. It's like, yeah, I can fucking believe. It happens every year and every month is the same, you know, roughly thirty days. Every day's two twenty four hours. I understand how the calendar works. Yes, I can believe it's already November. So I went to get a haircut from our friend and I sit down in the chair on November third, scary and what do I get?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Hello, David, I go, how's it going? Good? Good? Good? Can you believe it's already November? Yes, I can fucking believe it's already November. Yes, that's what happens after Halloween November comes. It's a form of small talk. It's a way of breaking ice. It's a way of opening it's an opening statement on that's what people do. It's the elevator small talk. That's all it is. No, No, you know, you say, hey, how how is your Halloween? Like you did how is Halloween? How was Halloween? Hey? How is your weekend. Oh, my weekend was great. How are the kids? Oh, kids are great, you know, because we believe it's ready, because I'm not. Yeah, I'm not that small minded, you know. I actually asked a better question. Yeah, I guess it could have been. I guess a lot of There are podcasts that I'm sure they're out there that started they're broadcast with can you believe it's November? First? But that's not us, that's not who we are. I'm okay, So, slices, Slice, I want you to make a note of anyone this week who said to you because you believe it's November, And I want you to be honest if you did it to somebody else, did you go you believe it's in November? Because yeah, I can believe it. It happened.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: I did have a couple of people to me to talk to me today here in the Northeast, it reached sixty five degrees, So people said, can you believe it's sixty five degrees here in the middle of that's a different store, because that's not normal, right, that's not normal. The fact that it's November is normal. It's always November this month, every year. This month is November, so, but it's not always sixty five degrees. I actually had to open the windows in my car today also when I was driving because it was hot in the car. Yeah, it was hot out. It's hot out there for Well, how about this one? On Sunday, I found myself in Bloomingdale's with a buddy of mine. Why you woke up drunk? What do you mean you found yourself there? Well, that's where I wasn't supposed to be there, but we ended up there, and we were all and you're buying. You're buying your boye some jewelry and Elton John step Into Christmas is playing. And I looked at him and I pointed up at the speaker and I'm like, can you believe this? It's not even Thanksgiving yet they're playing Christmas music? Do I at least? Is that normal? I mean, I feel like I mean, it's not. It's like, like, calm down already. It's November first. It was November second actually on Sunday and they're playing Step Christmas Step. You are twenty years late to complain about how early Christmas comes in retail stores because they stopped playing Christmas music. I know it used to be after Thanksgiving? Right used to be well right now Target, Target, the demand Halloween is over Thanksgiving with a little bit of Christmas already out, already out. I don't see the Honiker stuff out yet, but I'm the Christmas stuff is coming any day now. So that's just that's it's the retail world we live in. Anyway, it'll be yeah, yeah, can you believe? Can you believe it? Can you believe it? Can you believe it? Can you believe? They're playing Christmas music already? You're that guy, I'm that guy. All Right, we gotta take a break. We'll be back. It's podcast. You're awake, I'm awake. I'm awake. I was just thinking about whether or not I wanted to tell a Target story because you told me last week that a pickleball story. I'm gonna go with Target. Okay, you can Target. So this there's a story, and then there's it. There's a that I need. I need slice. I need slices to leave their stories. So I'm in Target and I'm checking out. I'm ringing up my order at the self checkout, and there's a mom with a little girl. The little girl's maybe seven eight years old, and the daughter was asking questions and trying to put something on the scanner, like scan something she wanted, you know, like they always have the candy. They call it the impulse buying stuff at the register. Yeah, and the mother is getting frustrated with her, and she's like, you gotta stop it, you know, you know, uh, cut it out whatever. And the daughter's like, well, I you know, I it's not fair. I went whatever the daughter said, and the mother says, looks right at her, and she says, if you keep talking that way to me, the problems you're gonna have you don't even know. Well, of course she's not gonna know. She's eight years old. What does that mean. The problems you're gonna have you don't even know. You don't even know. She doesn't have life experience yet, so she's not gonna know most of it, right right, Yeah, well you don't even know, Like what are they I'm gonna cut your fingers off. What does she talk to? Of course you don't even know. Problems, you don't even know, the problems you're gonna have, you don't even know, Like I don't know why again, why the word even is in there? But okay, you don't even know what's what's so?
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 2: What does that mean to the kid? It means nothing. The kid's like, I don't know what problems I'm gonna have. Well, how is that a threat? She has no idea what the problems are. So it reminded me of dumb ship my parents would say to me sometimes in the heat of anger. They would just start blurting shit out, like what right. Well, one time my mother called me a son of a bitch. She said, she said something like, go clean up your room. Stop aggravating me, this little son of a bitch. It's almost like a it's almost on an insult to herself exactly. So I said, so, I said, you're absolutely right, Mom, no argument, And then she realized what she had said, and then I got in trouble. Wow, My point is so, My point is, Slices, was there something your parents said that you like, they used to yell at you or that made no sense? It was an old Italian phrase or whatever, an old Spanish something that made no freaking sense when they said it, if you analyzed it or as a parent, as a parent, have you ever yelled out something so stupid that you realize after you said it, it made no sense. But that's what the woman was like, Well, you don't even know the problems you're gonna have. You don't even know the kid was eight years old. She's like, oh no, what does that mean? So scary? If you did your mom ever yell something stupid to you or God help you? Okay, how's God get Like? I hope he does. It sounds like I'm in trouble. Yeah, like God help or God is not really a Threatna, that's not a threat to say God help you. No, yeah, God help you, God help? I catch you? You doing this? Or what Mike? Uh? All right? Or how about how about parents who say this is gonna hurt me more than it hurts you, but then they spank your ass. It absolutely hurt the kid more that what they mean. I don't want to have to do this. But they don't really mean that. It's not really hurting the parent more were spanking a kid, it hurts them. They don't mean that. There's got to be others. Yeah, so Slices's got a lot of homework. I'm giving you more home, more homework for the slices. Yeah. In other words, don't call your kid a son of a bitch because it's right back at you. Yeah, so what else you got? I got a story about ac DC. I gotta tell you, and then we'll get out of here. Getting late, it's getting late. We still we still have another hold on a second. I know, iHeart told us that we should keep these to around sixty minutes, but well, I don't give a shit. We gotta give entertainment to the people. We're not even no, I'm saying, we're not even in fifty minutes yet? You want to leave? What are you doing over here? Bro?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 2: Then I give you I'll give you a funny paper menu story, more paper menu. Why don't we add him to the podcast? By the way, won't come on? Somebody asked us if we can have Spruce on the loose on Oh. I talked to him tonight.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Great, A great conversation with him tonight. It was hilarious. Hold yeah, should we have him on because the listeners watch Spruce. Spruce is the fan favorite. You know that, Oh, Spruce is great. We wrote it. We wrote a comedy bit tonight together for him because because I sometimes I like to do the job I used to do with him, So like he'll call me to go. Hey, you want to write, I go, absolutely, So I wrote I wrote a bit with him tonight, you know, for radio stations around the country to use, and so, Uh I should have said, we want to be on tonight. I didn't think of it, although I did ask my friend. I did ask my friend Eric to come on tonight because my friend Eric from the It's Eric Nagel Show. Yes, Uh, he had something happened to him at a clothing store that I have never heard of, and I would have been I would have walked out. It's the most freaky thing I've ever heard. So uh, as soon as we can get him on to tell that story. Scary what you would have done. I can't imagine how you would have handled this situation. It's mind blowing that any clothing store would do this to a customer think it was normal. So we're gonna have Eric on first. We couldn't come on tonight, so I'm gonna try to get him on uh soon. But yeah, from the It's Eric Nigel Show with a K and a G. This is something I've been wanting to address, but I really can't. It's gonna hit too close to home. I don't want to out my girlfriend on it, but she seems to. I'm just gonna say it because I'm not. I'm gonna be very vague the way you were earlier and not giving the name of this celebrity that you took or treated at whose house you were all right?
Speaker 3: It was?
Speaker 2: It was Ed Lover from the old show MTV raps. Yeah, yeah, Ed Lover? Who's like that? What was one of the kings of the hip hop community for many years? Terrific? Well you couldn't say that. Well, I didn't say where, what town it was, So that's that's what I wanted to think about it for a minute and say, you know, I don't want to say what town. But anyway, he couldn't have been nicer, and he gave my kids so much candy, so I kind of want I wanted to. I actually wanted to do this with my girlfriend and confront the couple that she's talking only on your birth only you can only do that on your birthday, scary whatever. So so she thinks one of our friends are swingers, Oh, one of your friends one of my I have a lot of remember, we had a lot of We have a lot of friends amongst us. But okay, she thinks that there's a couple that we hang with are swingers, and I don't even know. I feel like I know everybody. I feel like I know their business, I know their life. And I just told her, no, there's no way, there's no way to the swingers, and she goes, just watch watch their behavior. Sometimes people are shrouded in secrecy and then won't tell their closest friends that they're swingers. Do they have shirts with pineapples on them? No, they don't. I know that's a telltale sign. But said, let me ask you a question. Yeah, let me ask you a question. I got a question. Would you be more hurt if they didn't hit on you and Robin or relaxed and believe that they didn't, or would you feel like, well, while what's wrong with us?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I would not. I wouldn't even think of it in that way. I would not. No, Now, are these people doable? Would you do? Would you would if they? If you with swingers? And the swingers like, is there is the female in this situation or the male whatever you're in I'm not.
Speaker 3: Not.
Speaker 2: According to the trucker, I would say the trucker the Trucker seems to think otherwise. If you don't know what we're talking about. Listening to the last Lifetime episode, I just yeah, no, I feel I don't know. I feel like as people get older, they just started experimenting because they just don't care. It's like, all right. I feel like I feel like the true swingers are like and again, you could be any age, but I feel like you're more prone to do that as you get older, like in your fifties and sixties, you start seeing these people like that relationships. I don't know. I could see you thinking not doing. I can see you thinking about doing somebody's girlfriend or wife. But then when they were like, all right, dude, I'm gonna do Robb. Second, that's not what I was talking about. You said I can think with your wife. Well, well yeah, and I said, yo, no no no, no no no, no no no no. This this conversation has nothing to do with that. This is more about her thoughts about something that I never put much thought about into about friends of ours. I'm like, yeah, but you're not very you don't think about people that way. You're not you're very You're very surface. Oh they're fun. They drank they yeah, yeah, they're always out partying and hanging out whatever. She's like ah, And I'm like, I don't know. I think you got this one miscalculated. But we really can't go further in talking about this because not only do we not want to out these people, we don't want you know, we don't permission to talk about it. And and if it's not true now then it's really weird. You know, I don't want to lose friends over it, but just gonna drop it. But have you ever had friends have you a swinger friend? Well? Well, oh wait a minute, you and I did we talk about this in detail? The radio friend of ours who has an open marriage? Do we talk about that?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, did we? I think we did? Yeah, I think we did. We didn't say who it was, nor will we, but we can.
Speaker 4: We can.
Speaker 2: We can rehash that, right, we can talk about it from a sure, from a we have a we have a radio friend of a friend, right, like a friend of our radio friends is a friend like this guy is like two friends removed, but we know who he is in the business. But he's a friend of a friend. Let's say, and he is in a marriage that allows him to sleep with other women and other men because that's what he's also into. And his wife, his wife or whatever the level or I think it's his wife is okay with that because she can't give him the man love that he wants, so he can he has that kind of they have that relationship that's not for me, maybe could work for you. Scary from what I'm hearing about. What but yeah, listen, we talked about the swingers cruises right where you go from cabin on one cabin to another on a cruise ship and everybody's swinging. I'm not swinging. Let me just say this. No part of me is swinging, none of it. Not doing it. But if you do it, you know and you want to be anonymous. Obviously, if you're a regulars lifetime caller will know your voice like, hey, I'm not telling you who this is, but I'm a swinger, and be like, okay, des Bombs, you're a swinger, we get it's des Bomb. But if you're someone that we don't know the voice and you want to call up and be like, hey it's we're not gonna make fun. I think it's fascinating that you have a different way of expressing yourself and enjoying yourself. That's scary and I don't have but that being said, scary if your friends are swingers and they're swinging with other couples and they never hit on you. And Robin, I'm okay with your fault, but I'm okay with it. Yeah, I know you're okay with it, but it's clearly your faul because Robin's gorgeous. Oh thanks you? How to get that line out there? I was talking to somebody her fault at the station radio station about this, not this specific scenario, but it came up and she said to me, you know, it's more common than you know. It's just if you're not part of the club, then you don't know. I y K, y K if you know? You know, did she wink at you when she told the story?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: But she says that she knows tons of people who are because apparently it's it's more of a thing, but it's more of an unspoken thing. It's kind of like like like, you know, there's that there?
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 2: There's that that community in Florida called the Villages now slices google the Villages Florida. It is a fifty five and over retiring community where everyone's doing everybody, everyone's doing everyone, and there's a lot of swinging going on, and yeah they set everybody. No, they say that it is the Villages is a place where you want to retire, especially if you're single, or a swingle as people may may call it. Yeah, yeah, so yeah, there's a pineapple pineapple stand right outside. Yeah that so it's basically the signs are if you you're you're you have your shopping cart and you're in the store and you have a pineapple upside down in your cart, that that's a sign. Or if you leave it outside, if you leave it in the golf cart, is a golf cart community, or even on your doorstand door you have a pineapple logo or whatever, ye aren't there? There also something with scrunchies on the car antenna. The cars don't have an antennas anymore. But I don't know, you know an awful lot about this scary we learned about it. Google the Villages and you're gonna see I'm not. Yeah, yeah, okay, so scary, honest question. If Robin says to you one night, oh boy, he scary. Mike and Mike and uh Jessica. Uh, turns out they are and can't. I can't. I you know, it's you know what if you're cemented as my friend after all these years, I don't, yeah, like if like let's say one of my closest friends said I've known since like I mean like like right example, like like the like the kind of guy you would bring to an SNL after party. No, let's say like a bald freak or even like the jersey Greg t. Oh, yeah, you know what Greg T is sleeping with Robin. But I don't want to. I don't want to think about their wives that way. I don't. I just it just doesn't crook. Like forget about them, forget about them. Let's say you and Robin are out at the club ball Club du Clerb. You're at the club and and a couple comes over and and maybe one of says something to Robin, Well, you're not paying attention. They're like, hey listen, Pineapple, and she's like, what you know, pineapple, And this guy's you know, pretty decent looking, and the girl's really good looking. And Robin comes over to here and says, hey, scary this this I spent this couple. I know it's weird, but I've had a couple of drinks, and you know what, we should spice up our spice up our relationship a little bit. What do you say they got to they got a room with this fancy hotel. Do it one time? The never talk about it again? Would you do it? We gotta take a break. We're scary and Brodie, why do you ask me? The most awkward ship you live? You live with my reactions? All right, we're moving on. Don't you have a pickleball story to tell? My God, Bernie, it's been How did we go a whole hour and not hear about one pickleball Karen that you met on the court or some fight you got to do it with somebody? No, I don't get into fights at pickleball. I know they get into fights. Find you no no problems to pick a ball?
Speaker 3: But I did.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to tell you a story. It was all is this our last break? Yeah? Did I tell you about the guy in the ACDC shirt? Did I tell that story yet?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: What about him?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: I'll tell the story if I Okay, So I'm walking. I'm walking here, I'm walking right, and doesn't matter where I am and I see a guy with an ac DC shirt back in Black, the album back and Back. I hit this at Okay, so he's got the shirt which looks like the album cover of ac DC back in Black, which is basically a black album cover with white lettering says a CDC in at the bottom, back in black. Okay, get about nineteen eighty great album. And there's a woman next to him, walking arm in arm with him down the street. So I say to him as I walk by the opposite direction, hey man, great shirt, terrific album. And I point to him and I pointed to the shirt, go hey, great album, and he sort of he stops because I said it like as I was approaching him, that as I was passing him. So he stops and he gives me kind of a weird look, right and then so so scary. Why did he give me a weird look? Because clearly he didn't know, first of all, what you were referring to. He didn't know that that he was wearing an ac DC shirt and that they were a band. No, no, this was an older couple. He clearly knew the band. Here's why I got that weird look. Wife? The why the wife or the girlfriend whatever with this gentleman turns to him and says, honey, you're wearing an ac DC back and black shirt. And he says oh and looks at in my basic direction and says thank you. Why because he's blind, scary? I said, nice shirt to a blind man. Oh, she didn't know what shirt? He blond? Oh my god. His wife must have handed him a T shirt or he grabbed a T shirt out of his draw and put it on, or he didn't remember because it was late in the afternoon what shirt he had on, because he didn't look at it all day. And I said, I pointed him a nice shirt and he looked at me weird. Why because he's blind, scary? That's funny. Wife had to tell him that he's wearing a back and black shirt. And I think you're doing tonight. You think you think you're giving him like the old jeep wave, like hey man, I got like that bantu. I'm like, hey, nice shirt. He looked at me and he's like, what, Well, he didn't look at me. He looked his head turned to my Brinde of all of the uh the the uh sora memes which are out of control with the prices right with Bob Barker. They if you don't know the Sora app, you've definitely come across it if you've seen mister Rogers, Bob Ross, Jake Paul Tupac or any of the or Bob Barker, any of the above, or or Stephen Hawking in crazy situations like what is this real? It was a Sora Sora app video with Sora Too sore to where they make people making videos there, they're putting scenarios in and and they're just fabricating these fucking videos that like twenty seconds price is right, and they'd be like a guy in a wheelchair, let's show him what he's won, and it's a treadmill, yeah, or yeah, by my face, or the blind guy here it's a new TV. It's a new TV. Yeah, yeah yeah. Or the small woman the little person and they she won ladder. Yeah. And then there's some ones that are racially offensive but for the most part, or the woman, the obese woman with the you Wanna weight weight loss program? Let's see, yeah, we want to want to scale on one of them. I don't know. Yeah, those are those are those are out of control. The Sora Too app I by the way, Uh, it wasn't available on Android until last night. Signed up for it and I got it. But everyone's been using it on iPhones for about a month now when it came out, and it's the greatest app. My friend makes movies of himself, like movie trailers where he plays all the characters in the movie. He gives himself crazy names and it looks just like him, like as a detective, as a cop, as a doctor. And it's unbelievable what you can do with the Sora two app. It's frightening how dangerous this app is. But people are making some really funny shit now. I'm just and you should do that too. I'm going to oh, why kind an idea have to get Let's make it. Let's make some Brooklyn Boys Sora app. I will do that, but I have to get good at it first, right, and put it behind a paywall for a premium that'll be on our only fans page, our only slices. I'm kidding for ways to make money, right. We do this podcast out of the love for the love of you know, coming out of our hearts. Yeah, we don't need to make money, but we'd like to Speaking of which we have a merch store, and it's we have we have Brooklyn Boys wool caps and Brooklyn Boys hoodies and you know, sweatshirts. It's getting colder outside, scary. Can you believe it's already November? Can you believe it? Brody? I can't. It's crazy. Can you believe it? Days just flying off the calendars? However, it was sixty five degrees in the New York, New Jersey area. So we also have tank tops, So please, scary. What's the website to go get our merchandise? Yeah, if you want, if you're new to us you know yet, go there Brooklyn Boys dot Bigcartel dot com. That's Brooklyn Boys dot Bigcartel dot com. And by dot I mean period. So go ahead, go to the website. Go find with stuff you like, now, find stuff you don't like. Now I gotta buy, I gotta buy you more and more. Housekeeping. Uh, we don't want to just skate bang. We don't want to just bang. We don't want to jump ahead too much here, but hold on, hold on. You know what the keeping woman said when she went opened the door, what I had no pennies? Blame the government exactly? How would y'all feel if we did Brooklyn Boys Live?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Whoa, whoa? Where do you? Where are you from? Dude? How y'all feel? How would okay, how would use guys feel?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, how would y'all? How would y'all feel? Is not what you say? How would use? How we use? How would you use? Feel? If we did the Brooklyn Boys Live? And we we we set up at a venue in the city in Manhattan on a Saturday sometime next year on a Sunday. Well, we'll see Saturday, it will be the weekend and uh, let's let's let's see what what you know? Gauging the interest Now, obviously we would have to you have to pay admission to the venue, and we'll see. We haven't worked anything out other than we would be there. You would see us do our podcast live and we would hang out with you use guys and the slices. Now, because hypothetical, no, the proposal came in already and now we can just fine tune it. So hypothetically, again, we don't have any exact numbers, but it's a very very nice venue. They serve liquor, right, yep, it's a very nice place. So hypothetically, slices, if you could make it to the Manhattan area, somewhere in Manhattan, because that's where this particular location is on a let's say, on a Saturday night or a Sunday, okay, And it was like, listen, money's tight. I understand that, but just picking a number because I'm guessing what it might be. Let's say it was one hundred dollars, just a ballpark, and it included like a couple of glasses of wine maybe, and a nice dinner and you got to watch us do the podcast live, hang out with us, take pictures, the whole thing. Last time we did like a steak dinner. It was great, but we didn't do anything. So if we did, like if they set up a studio for us and we podcasted live and you got to watch us and got a great meal, is that something that's worth a few a few dollars we just mentioned just to get a feel for it, because this is something we should think about doing. Yeah, because we have we we have a proposal. We aven you came to us and they all want after the new year, they want to do something with us in the winter here. So so we're thinking about it. But we obviously want to do it on a weekend because that's when you know, you know, we're kind of a semi national podcast, So if people want to make a weekend of it and come to New York, it would be Yeah, we just figured we we've bantied about, and I think we're leading toward actually doing this and then making an announcement really soon. Well, let's say hypothetically we did it in February. You could come to the podcast and say, hey, guys, Brodie is scary scam Brody, can you believe it's already February exactly. We're like, oh, so, do not leave a talkback on this. We do not want talkbacks because that's going to screw up slice time. We need to find another way to put this out there. Brody. H So you can dm us must with your thoughts. Yeah, let us know, let us know all right on our instagrams. All right, we're gonna leave it at that. We're gonna put a pin in it, and we're gonna leave it right there. We're gonna have to leave it right there, right there on our show. Yes, we're gonna be right there. Let's circle back to it next month. Absolutely, Thanks for listening tonight, Brodie have another shot of Bailey No no I, Boys, Boys,