Speaker 1: Welcome in the Ravens press pass. Today, we heard from a number of key players and head coach John Harball before the Ravens face the Philadelphia Eagles Sunday at M and T Banks Stadium. First up, let's hear from head coach John Harballay.
Speaker 2: Good to see everybody out here. We appreciate you, Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow. Much to be grateful for. We're grateful for our media. We really are most of the time, so but now we do appreciate you and UH and UH what questions you have. I'm frank thank for all you amazing people gathered around here in this circle and do such a great job of bringing the uh the team to the fans.
Speaker 3: I really am.
Speaker 2: I'm grateful for my family and UH for this organization and for our players, and I'm grateful for UH for our creator, our God gives us an opportunity to breathe and live and a chance to uh enjoy a great existence.
Speaker 3: Connor's a report to Charlie pull broken.
Speaker 4: We just got some deep stuff right there.
Speaker 2: You know we're gonna go right into Charlie Kolar's arm.
Speaker 3: We are grateful for that question too.
Speaker 2: Turning over whole new leaf, here. Yes, he has a broken arm.
Speaker 5: And how will the offense compensate with that?
Speaker 3: Well happen? I mean, you know, we're gonna put another guy out there.
Speaker 2: You don't gonna play with eleven guys for sure, And whenever Charlie was gonna be in there, there'll be another player on the field, uh, doing football stuff and running plays and blocking and catching whatever else.
Speaker 3: Uh what happened for that position. So that's how we'll that's how we'll handle it.
Speaker 6: Go John going against the Eagles by kind of pressure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow. I mean where do you start with Saquon Barkley. It's just really hard got to tackle, you know.
Speaker 3: And I think his vision is really good.
Speaker 2: They run a lot different schemes, you know, inside zone kind of where they start, but inside zone, outside zone, they've got different gap schemes. Just his vision, I mean, his ability to see from edged edge and all across. Whenever there's a gap that's not defended, he can see it. Not only see, he can get to it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: All the other highlight stuff is there as well, but just his ability to make a defense pay for not being in the right spot is probably the thing that jumps out of me.
Speaker 7: The most tall hot is that team right now? Stember A quick run around for you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, quick turnaround for us facing the Eagles team, it's as hot as anybody right now, like you said, Jerry, And we've had a lot of hot teams that we face this year too, so we've had some experience with that so far this year.
Speaker 8: All season, there was a lot of talk about the running back position as a whole, and we're looking at the top of the rushing numbers right now in the league and Derrick Henry and sat Kuon Barkley are top of that unless two guys who are free agents. Do you think that this kind of impacts the talk around the running back position and how it's being viewed right now?
Speaker 2: Well, we're just gonna have a tough time a challenge stopping this running back that we're playing, and we're hoping that they have a tough time stopping our running back.
Speaker 3: So that's kind of our focus right now.
Speaker 9: A lot of talk in the summer with.
Speaker 10: The offensive line and trying to figure out what would look play with and you know, Derek having so much success and giving so much credit to that line, Just how have you seen that group developed and Maturch is kind of throughout the season.
Speaker 2: To me, it's a really good point, you know. I'm glad you brought it up. I think our line's playing well. They have, they have established the line of scrimmage a lot of times. I think they've done a good job in pass protection, protecting Lamar and giving us a chance to get the ball down field, which is always a challenge. We've had some really good pass rushing teams that we played to, so really proud those guys, but they can be so much better. I mean, there's so much more, so much more growth than those guys, and I think we all just, you know, try to keep our nose to the grindstone and see if we can get better from one day to the next, one game to the next, and see how good we can get, you know. And along the way, we've had some really challenging games that we had to play, and we had some challenging fronts about the offensive line, but you know, they're doing a great job and looking forward to seeing how they do this week against a really good Eagles defense and a really good front.
Speaker 11: Anytime you guys play an NFC team, people cite the stuff guys are twenty three and one in games of Lamar has started against the NFC. Do you think there is something to the idea that it's harder for teams to prepare for a unique player like that when they don't see him very often.
Speaker 2: I think we got a really tough game against a really good team on Sunday. We're gonna try to be one to know on Sunday if we can be. These guys are well rounded football team, all three phases are really as good as anybody in the league. I think they're really good upfront on both sides and the trenches. That's a huge challenge for us. And not just that. I mean they can run the ball. Of course, the quarterback can run it, the bat can run it. But they got really good receivers, you know, push it downfield, they run all the RPOs. Just a lot of challenges for us this week about.
Speaker 4: The challenge of this game.
Speaker 8: And you guys are the best run stop in defense in the league right now. I mean you're going against the high power rushing attack over there. I mean, are you just excited to see your guys on that side of the ball compete and go up against you know, a team strength knowing that his short strength as well.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, it's always exciting to play in big games, you know, and we're playing it. This is another big game for us. We had a big game last week. We had a big game the week before that. We had a big game the week before that. And this is the next one, and this is this is a really big game.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 2: This is a really good team we're playing. I think some people think, you know, they're they might be the best team in the league, you know, and that's that's the way they're playing. So it's a challenge for us, a challenge for a run defense, yes, uh. And because they do it, they do it with their offensive line to do with their back they also do with their scheme which the quarterbacks are part of two and they can throw off.
Speaker 3: The runs, you know. So there's a lot going on.
Speaker 13: There, a lot of round bringing to their offensive It seems like it's very different for them when he's on the field of win, he's not. It's or you know, his availability and he'll be there.
Speaker 2: Something well he's uh, I mean, he starts probably to me with the inside breaking rounds in the RPOs, you know, and his his his body presence you know, it's to get inside of any kind of coverage and and just make a make a strong catch and then it goes to the catch and run stuff. You gotta get him on the ground after that. So that's kind of you can say it's part of the run game. But he catches the ball using an inside breaking routes or vertical routes and and he can.
Speaker 3: He's a tough tackle.
Speaker 14: So, uh, big challenge for you guys to play as many people as you guys did on defense on Monday, and with how often.
Speaker 7: That communication has been, you know, be doing for explosives.
Speaker 14: Would it say just like that you guys were as sound as your workers just play having so many guys kind of rotating spots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought guys played well, you know, especially in the second half. Uh, you know, they were they were gonna throw a little bit more of the challenges with some routes and some motions and things like that. And it wasn't perfect. I mean there was a couple of times where guys got loose on some man covered stuff. We played a lot of man uh and they were running a lot of man beaters. Uh. But uh so that's something we definitely gotta work on because we'll see that from these guys as well.
Speaker 3: But I was happy with what of the guys played.
Speaker 7: Definitely to talk to you said, look at the film. Took the penalties, the siege stuff.
Speaker 2: That needs Yeah, yeah, I've got to keep working on the penalties. That's a we don't want to put ourselves in the in the hole on offense. That really hurt us on that second drive. You know you're first and twenty five. Uh so that that's hard to overcome of the run defenses. Michael Pierce's return to practice, is the hope he could be ready as soon as this week or are you kind of pointing toward after the vibe we're hoping. We've have our fingers crossed that he could be ready this week. We'll have to see more quarterback.
Speaker 13: Sneech player over any Eagles from on everything that a lot of successful kind of pins it that some of them get.
Speaker 15: You take it's a successful and is that something's been punning.
Speaker 3: Well, it's hard.
Speaker 2: It's hard to practice it, you know, I mean obviously because you know, what are you gonna do? You know, it's it's a it's a very unique play. I think they've they've mastered it obviously. Uh we ran one this last week. Uh, a similar type deal. But they've they've been doing it for a long time now and they just continue to do it well. I think maybe you thought that Kelse was not gonna be in there anymore, maybe it was gonna change, and it hadn't changed, you know, But Jalen.
Speaker 3: Does a great job.
Speaker 2: Their offense will line, big physical offensive line, comes off the ball.
Speaker 3: The right guard, you know, you know who he's. He's a big, physical guy. Centered does a great job.
Speaker 2: We we work on that. Uh, we we've studied it. We've we have a plan. We'll do our best against it, and we'll see what happens.
Speaker 5: And you know, play four carries not thirty?
Speaker 4: Did I?
Speaker 5: But anyway, when you get around this time the season, do you is Derek he carries? Is that ever a thought process of you?
Speaker 4: Should you produce him?
Speaker 7: We're doing anything like that in that regard.
Speaker 3: So you're saying, I'm good the front of me, we should run so we ran him too much?
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no, I'm gonna say.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say just saying, and when you get this time season, do you does his total amount carries you does that Is that ever a concern for you guys ever?
Speaker 2: I mean, we're gonna try to run the ball as much as we can, and and and so much of running the ball has to do with how many plays you get and getting in a rhythm and getting an opportunity to call more plays. So you know, Derek is our is our is our lead back, no doubt obviously, and he's uh, he only get stronger as the game goes on. So we want to run the ball. Uh, if you have the lead, that helps you do that. If you get you can you know, establish some drives in the first half. You know, you get out there and get some carries in the first half. It's definitely something we want to do. I think if it doesn't get as many carries in some games, it's probably a reflection we didn't have as many plays, or we were behind, or we had more two minute situations. But that's that's my main priority for us.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, thanks coaching, Okay, thanks you.
Speaker 15: Next we heard from quarterback Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 4: I mean, we just gotta lock in.
Speaker 16: That's all quick turnaround, try to prepare your body for the next game the best that you could fast as you could, uh, and just dial in for your next opponent.
Speaker 5: What do you think it's gonna take to go against the you know, to beat an Eagles team that some people think might be the best team in the NFL.
Speaker 16: Uh, Just worry about being who you are, Stay true to your yourself going in like any other game. You know, don't just put too much on your mind about the opponent. Then you gotta focus on what's in front of you.
Speaker 7: One thing about the quick turnaround?
Speaker 14: I mean, can you build off what you did on Monday night?
Speaker 4: Monday night?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I can?
Speaker 4: I believe so.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Mary, what do you see.
Speaker 1: From this Eagles defensive front?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 16: Man, Uh, Jane and Carter is amazing. You know, those guys up front is doing an amazing job. I'm getting after the quarterback, causing disruption in the backfield.
Speaker 18: Uh.
Speaker 16: Explosive defense, That's what I'm saying. Great corners, all around defense, safeties, pretty smooth.
Speaker 15: More Charlie Kohler going down with the arm broken arms?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 15: And how uh how does that impact the offense? And how big has he been this season?
Speaker 16: In big Chary has been huge, uh for the last few seasons, actually not just this season. He definitely gonna be missed uh through these uh last regular season games, but I I believe we gonna have guys step up and uh do what they supposed to. But he's definitely gonna be missed for the for the time he's out, definitely.
Speaker 7: Well, Mar, what does it mean to you? You know, uh, for three fourth down conversions?
Speaker 10: Just for John to have that faith in you guys.
Speaker 17: To to get the yard when you need this and kind of over the years, just kind of how is that? I guess the relationship evolved with you and John. I think it was the video in Seattle where he's like asking you if you wanna go for it? To now you guys, just it's almost like that's just how's that evolving?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I believe after twenty nineteen it was it was just there. You know, Coach got had all the faith in not just me, but the offensive side of the ball, you know, just to go for fourth down conversions. He He's been doing that quite for quite some time now. You know, I'm just used to it.
Speaker 3: Mor Did we ask you on this at the sixteen yard line or were you surprised? What was your reaction when you were voting?
Speaker 16: Yeah, he did ask me because uh, I believe it was a time out of something. I went to the sideline, he was like, wanna go for it? And we were just talking about what play we want to run. He was like, it's only a half yard. I'm like, yeah, we can do it, but I don't know what play we're gonna call, you.
Speaker 4: Know, but it was successful.
Speaker 5: What what what is you know with Derek Hendricks production, ha has that taking if you feel any pressure her off of you? Uh in what you have to do is or as uh uh you know, helping out the offense.
Speaker 16: Uh yeah, I believe so I don't gotta run the ball all the time, you know, uh not like uh years in the past. So definitely, Man, definitely definitely does lamar.
Speaker 14: You've seen conser I don't want to a concern, but you brought up the slow offensive star except for the game on Monday night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, is there's something you talk about doing differently maybe with Monkey.
Speaker 7: Where they're concerned or they're concerned.
Speaker 14: Play scrips, whether it's something in warm ups, how or what do you think the kids.
Speaker 7: Breaking in that front?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 16: Man, just stay on schedule, man, instead of having to get back on track, cause we the first pass was a like a fifteen yard game.
Speaker 4: It was like a first down.
Speaker 16: Then they called it back for a a penality they called on pat so things like that. Not necessarily it's always our fault, but you know, it be calls. You know, they got they rests, gotta do their job. You know, they make calls and stuff like that. So we just gotta stay on schedule. That's our biggest thing. And that's what I meant by that statement or uh.
Speaker 1: A lot of the build up for this game as up to two running backs, Dereck Henry versus say quality of that battle from your perspective, what do you think of kind of a running back battle?
Speaker 4: Again, I'm not thinking about that at all. I'm trying to win.
Speaker 16: I don't care about the uh where everybody else is saying. You know, I'm just trying to go in and focus on winning the game. But it's gonna be a It's gonna be a game. You know, that's two great running backs.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 16: I knew Quorn from high school. We was in an all star game together. He jumped over somebody head, so I pretty much see him, you know, before I even got to the league college anything. You know, I've been to about sa Quan. Uh, but Derrid Henry. You know King Henry. I'm with him every day and I'm seeing what he's capable of. So it's gonna be a great matchup. But I'm not right about it.
Speaker 7: Mark.
Speaker 11: I know you don't love the sad questions, but twenty three and one against the NFC is a remarkable number that gets brought up. I mean, do you know any reason why you think you guys have been so good in those matchups?
Speaker 16: Probably because we're not familiar with each other, you know.
Speaker 4: I say that.
Speaker 16: I'm just gonna give you that cause uh, I really something else of my mind, you know, really, but get up.
Speaker 7: But you're not familiar with that neither?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, your favorite?
Speaker 15: Thanks getting them?
Speaker 16: I don't know, man, Uh I less woot potato pie. It depends who cookie though, cause some people can't cook.
Speaker 4: My people can cook though, so my people cooking it. Yeah, I'm going with that.
Speaker 9: Are the uh speaking of the Eagles, I don't know if you say they had a audible up the other day Ronnie Stanley audible Uh that they Yeah?
Speaker 7: That they called?
Speaker 9: Just curious, like what goes into thoughts on when when you have names for different checks and and so forth for you as a quarterback.
Speaker 16: Uh, just something that everyone can uh like everyone can sink in the same time, like, Okay, this is what the play going, or it might be a dummy here or something like that where everybody can be on the same page.
Speaker 4: Basically. Did you ever have.
Speaker 9: Something that was after another play or something interesting or it?
Speaker 4: Nah? Mmm nothing funny.
Speaker 14: Last games been kind of white on the scrambles for you. Has that just kind of how it's worked out or it's been a warm you know, big picture kind of the philosophical shit for you in terms of how you wanna attack teams when stuff worked down?
Speaker 7: How know you had great protection on Monday night.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I'm just playing football, That's all. None, nothing to think, uh think about, you know, just playing football.
Speaker 8: You know, you could think back to when you found out that you guys had signed Derrick Henry. Do you remember kind of what your thought was about what that could look like?
Speaker 19: Yah?
Speaker 4: It m mm oh. I don't even remember where I was when it happened.
Speaker 16: I was excited about the situation though, but I don't I don't remember what.
Speaker 7: I was thinking.
Speaker 8: Do you think how it's gone has kind of been what you expected? Maybe even surpassed that I expected.
Speaker 16: Oh d D nah, I knew. I knew what it was gonna be. I knew it was gonna be. That's why I was excited, you know. But uh, yeah, man, it's and it's going great like any other w W. I don't know any given week it's gonna be something special, you know. Uh, especially but that guy in the backfield manager that make my job a lot easier.
Speaker 4: I can't give him enough credit. I really can't. He's that guy.
Speaker 10: What what does it mean to you to see Richard bat and growing in his game, in the chemistry with you every game, the production, uh, the confidence in the player.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I expect that out of him. You know, I look at him as a receiver one. I don't care when nobody else think. You know, I know what I was leave in. You know what he believe in. So he know I'm always on him though. I'm gonna always be on him, all my receivers.
Speaker 4: On on all of 'em. Tight ends too. That's just what it is here.
Speaker 16: You know who tryna win? They hold me account of boy as well, So it all work together.
Speaker 15: You're just a outside linebacker or d I FAOA.
Speaker 6: So what's the uh challenge could be like when you do against you know, he's a great player, so you'll play it all this but also we're trying to take it to him as well, So it's gonna be fun obviously.
Speaker 20: Uh.
Speaker 18: He's dependent State UH alumni like myself and a few guys on this team, So it's gonna be fun. It's like it's gonna be like practice. Uh back in Beaver.
Speaker 10: Yeah, the offensive line, you know, came up up some big goals where that what do you see from that play?
Speaker 4: Yet? A line?
Speaker 18: You said, how they they're gonna keep.
Speaker 7: From like that offensive line that you know a lot.
Speaker 18: Of stuff good off good offensive line. How we played a lot of good uh offensive lines this year, But we have the same mentality, try to take it to them. We're gonna t you know, take it to them and try to dictate it as much as we can and you know, not let them do that.
Speaker 13: You certainly gotten quarterbacks to the ground more this year.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 4: Eight sacks.
Speaker 13: Now, let me look at trying to bring down a guy like Herts who has may be so strong lower body. Wouldn't you do you approach it any differently?
Speaker 4: Nah?
Speaker 18: I feel like you can't think about it like that. You gotta just try to, like I said, play it honest, but also shoot your best shot and uh let the let the the odds drop where they uh where they should uh.
Speaker 14: And it was a league league, But do you like this defense has turned a corner.
Speaker 4: Anyway where you guys were Yeah, I would say that.
Speaker 18: I feel like we're doing a real good job of communicating, doing the little things well, holding on the details, and just following the plan for that week.
Speaker 15: Michael Pears back in practice today.
Speaker 21: How big is a guy like that the defensive line coming back. It's such a potentially for this Sunday and against a big team, big matchup.
Speaker 7: That's big.
Speaker 18: Uh. We call him the juggernaut, you know, for a reason.
Speaker 20: Yuh.
Speaker 18: He's stout in there so tries to be doing a good job. Other guys like Josh uh Wearing, uh Washington Roddy have been doing good, but it's you know, it's always good to have Mike back out there. It's a a little bit more artillery for us.
Speaker 11: You guys have had a lot of skis success. When you've gone up against the best teams from the NFC. You think pick of a forty nine Ers game on Christmas last year? Do you find those matchups particularly fun? And also, I guess what are maybe some of the challenges that go into getting ready for a team that you only see every four years.
Speaker 18: Oh yeah, it's fun obviously. Then see they y like they play kind of differently in the AFC, so it's just fun to see, you know, how you stack up with how they play. But like I said, we we carry it like any other game. Just try to dominate the people in front of us. Whatever look they give us. You know, we'll we'll play our technique and then let the chips fall.
Speaker 19: How do they do you think this is the best pair of tackles you'll face all year? I mean they said that last week. But you know, so, like I said, we'll take it like how we do every week. Just try to compete and dominate every every week. They're a good group, they have a lot of good history. Uh I know, m m Malata he's pretty good as well. But like I said, you know, carrying it like every other week.
Speaker 6: But you've had at least six pressures in THO like the last three games.
Speaker 17: There's something you're doing differently, maybe approach mentally or is something culminating together in these.
Speaker 18: Last three games, you know, just just letting it come to you, like uh A good balance between that, like letting it come to you and then being aggressive. You know, I feel like that's help me all a lot of times. You know, if I miss, it's because I'm being a little bit more aggressive, or if I miss, I'm not being more aggressive. So you know, tryna find that blend helps and it's helped this week, uh this year?
Speaker 7: Okay, what specific challenges does the service uh create? City of perk che cha chaallhurs?
Speaker 2: What specific challenges as an edge rusher does he create for you?
Speaker 10: Uh? N?
Speaker 18: In't too crazy? I I I know that he uh does a lot of the read options. So just being disciplined which reads and then like he said, you know he has a stout basing and stuff like that. So like I said, just being planning a honest having an eye discipline and like I said, everything we do every week, just being more disciplined and what the coaches are telling us to do, and it would be good.
Speaker 7: We'll be straight.
Speaker 14: What what's like to see your brother played pret tyche Uh Nah?
Speaker 18: I feel it's good, uh s N Like he's worked so hard coming from Oklahoma, Uh Blair, you know he's been doubted, so just to see him have the opportunity to showcase, you know what he's who he really is and like what he can do. I it's crazy. I remember I was watching him against Duke and he's going against you know, Cooper Flag, big implications and stuff like that, and he's he's he's doing good, he's dominating, and you know, I got like a shet up, like a set of tear on my eyes just cause I I just know, you know, like how hard he works and you know he's he's doing well. So uh, I just hope he they they make it uh deep in you know, uh the tournament and uh he continues to impress and you know put on for the the last name. Yeah, alright, alrighty.
Speaker 1: Next up is running back Derrick Henry before he faces off against Saquon.
Speaker 5: Barkley pressed you the most about Saquon over the years.
Speaker 7: I'm just like, thanks the generational back break back in the police. See he came in and he's been playing well film this year, Derek, Like, I.
Speaker 8: Don't know if you had saw, but Khalil Mack and kind of have some things to say about wanted to.
Speaker 4: Meet up against you.
Speaker 7: We want.
Speaker 10: From the running back a lot of matches.
Speaker 7: There's at no different for a lot of to play against. Fimulate great ten and I been a hell of a challenge. You know, should be fun doing a great job in or the next type of game.
Speaker 8: See, they're both you and Saquon Boat free agents this year so much made about the running back position and the value of the position. What does it mean anything when you see what you two guys and even Josh Jacobs who was starting in the league in Russian also a free agent. Yeah, but you guys are doing right now and for that, for for.
Speaker 7: Your office, y'all, uh happy for those guys.
Speaker 22: You're doing a hell of a job uh playing a running back position, shorting their value. But we all just wanna give other uh running backs behind us opportunities. So the live in the great job shortcasing that talents and how you gonna keep doing that?
Speaker 13: Derek we get the week thirteen just had twenty four carries it the short week. What's the key to getting your your body ready for Sunday against another really good team?
Speaker 7: Number the team? Take care of my body? The same thing I always done.
Speaker 4: Just doing the same thing.
Speaker 21: Yes, Jerke, You've got plenty of the big runs, breakout rushing touchdowns this season. But you saw Justice get a big one on Monday night. How did it feel for seeing that for your teammate.
Speaker 7: Very happy for.
Speaker 22: Justice do a great job and got down the field. I'm hoping he didn't get caught.
Speaker 18: What he what he did.
Speaker 7: He did a great job, great run, And I'm always have to be judge. He always has a great job.
Speaker 6: At the game.
Speaker 20: How much is there running back for turning where you guys do watch each other, you see the highlights and you for your chart.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 22: Man, I never want somebody to do bad and I always have to see everybody have success and unless they're they're playing nuts. But yeah, I always wish away for any running back to have a great season, do do a great job.
Speaker 7: At the game. Like I said, that's against us.
Speaker 8: Just a day.
Speaker 7: They're great front.
Speaker 17: They just fout this.
Speaker 7: I think it really on their front heavily.
Speaker 22: We've got great linebackers who are very smarts, so we play.
Speaker 7: We played very well together. Get two two rookies on the debs, little cool playing out standing as well as fast explosives. And good in the back end as well.
Speaker 22: So overall overall great defense. I think one one one one defense in the league, so you know, show up on film.
Speaker 5: Is there any actual motivation when you're going against the way you you ain't take one of the top two backs in the NFL any actual motivation.
Speaker 7: It's going through my job. I don't really trying to focus on the outside.
Speaker 13: Notice what did you think when you saw Saquon's reverse hurdle?
Speaker 7: It sounds crazy like everybody else, like we've never seen it before, but he was a play.
Speaker 15: Your safety, Kyle Hilton.
Speaker 4: It's the challenge of going it back, going against the back like.
Speaker 7: Sae uh, there's a lot.
Speaker 23: I mean, it's obviously a great running back out the backfield to lose so fast, strong, and you know they gotta get a line to help him too.
Speaker 12: So it's gonna be a challenge.
Speaker 23: But I feel like, you know, we got pretty get run to yourself.
Speaker 8: How do you feel like the defense has played over these last couple of games, and how do you feel about them kind of carrying whatever momentum you guys.
Speaker 4: Have you all talking to all those games in this game?
Speaker 23: Yeah, I think you know, every week is different than the last. You know, you can't just assume the the week that we're in right now is gonna be the same as it was before. It's gonna be different. You know, every week you gotta face different challenges and come out and play the game. So but I think we're we're on the right trajectory right now, and I think guys are playing with confidence. I think we're picking at the right time.
Speaker 8: I think there's something you guys have been improved in over these over this last couple of structures defensively, or maybe you weren't doing so great in next first part.
Speaker 23: Yeah, I think it's just not making mental mistakes, you know, I think that stuff really puts us behind. You know, we'll be having good drives people if you good positions, just mental mistake here there and you end up in a touchdown. So I think less of those. And I'm not saying that we've completely gotten rid of him, but you know, less and less as we go on. It's good for us.
Speaker 8: Rebby.
Speaker 20: Would you think of the Saint Con reverse hurdle highlight when you saw it and you got somebody tried to hurdle you earlier this year it didn't work out.
Speaker 9: Well for them, how do you defend the hurdle?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 23: Well, first time I saw the clip, you know, it's a wild play. It just kind of goes to show who he is. You know, he's super talented. Uh, he's a talent at the position that we don't see often. So it's cool to go up against him. But at the same time, you know, stopping hurdles just I think a lot of people just assume you're gonna dive and you just got to stay up right, and it helps being sick forward to.
Speaker 13: A Brown such a physical receiver to go along.
Speaker 23: With the screed and everything else would Yeah, like you said, he's physical, he's fast, he's got good hands, great rack receiver. At the same time, and you know, I think what separates them from a lot of other people who just like their effort. I feel like you can see it on tape. You know, they may not be open at first, but you know, still working for the ball and quarterback. That's good to get it out of the pocket. And you know those plays as they get extended, he used to become big plays. So I think he, along with everybody else and never see rooms, works really hard.
Speaker 12: Blocking them all that stuff. What am I doing for Thanksgiving tomorrow? Football?
Speaker 11: Kyle is, there is there a fun factor to kind of measuring yourselves against one of the best teams from the other conference, as opposed to the feeling maybe the divisional matchups.
Speaker 23: Really, I mean, every game from week one counts obviously, but you know, you get this point in the season, every game kind of counts, you know, getting the home games, getting the someone's see in the playoffs, stuff like that.
Speaker 12: So uh, you know, as we go down the strets, they get more and more important.
Speaker 23: But I don't really think we're thinking too much about that. You know, big win last week against the AMC opponent will definitely help us in the playoff picture, but at the end of the day, we're still trying to win the game.
Speaker 20: It feels like there's been so many big games throughout this entire season for you all. How much does you think that helps, says you approach.
Speaker 23: Another one, Yeah, I think it helps definitely, just having that experience just from week one obviously, playing against CAC on Thursday, first game of the year, it just helps, Like younger guys grow up a lot quicker, and you know we're gonna be only playing big games from here on out, So I got to get used to it at some point, and I feel like we have done a good job of that, and you know, take that into the postseason and do it again.
Speaker 12: Thanks.
Speaker 1: Next up, outside linebacker Tavius Robinsons.
Speaker 13: Hard not to look ahead and think I can finally get.
Speaker 7: A little rest.
Speaker 12: No, I wouldn't say it's it's it's it's hard. I mean for me on the by the by, isn't really boy like. Yeah, it's good to rest, but it's still you. We still got to take car of your ball and all that stuff. So yeah, so the eyes towards the US for sure.
Speaker 13: What else just for you you think about that offense we're preparing for. I mean, obviously they got weapons all over the place.
Speaker 4: You got a great out line.
Speaker 13: I mean, so many different ways they can attack you.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know, they do, got weapons all over the place. So I think it's just, you know, it's it's essential for us to do our jobs and make sure that you know, we're all on the same page communication wise and all that stuff, and just again really just focus on us and make sure we're doing the right things.
Speaker 13: Communication has been better the last several weeks through what we're seeing to for you guys as a whole defense, what change, what's what's happening?
Speaker 12: Yeah, just you know, really like double and triple checking with people, you know, making sure we're all on the same page when the start. Make sure you know, from the call to to whatever has his green dots, everyone else is echoing. And so I think we've been doing a good job with that for sure. What stands out to you about that offensive line, I mean everyone's talking about safe one of those holes that he's trying to do pretty good. Yeah, you know, they got a great offensive line and you know they're good blockers and all that stuff. So it's gonna be a goo good game for sure if you faste that bigger offensive line than these guys they're which is a big.
Speaker 3: Big unit.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think well, I mean, yeah, they're they're a good union. I think I think we've played similar offensive lines and yeah, but they got a great.
Speaker 7: Unit over there for sure.
Speaker 20: Well, when you saw I'm sure the highlight of the reverse hurdle that pulled off, Like, what does the defender think when he watches that highlight?
Speaker 12: Yeah, no, it definitely was was a crazy highlight, but definitely don't want that to happen against you, so yeah, I won't have it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, is it weird at all?
Speaker 20: I mean, obviously quarterbacks get a lot of shine in the NFL, but going into this game, the running backs are kind of taking center stage. Does it feels kind of like an old school battle running back versus running back kind of thing?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I could see that for sure. Yeah, you know, a lot of credit to him. I think Jalen Hurts is a great player as well.
Speaker 13: So, yeah, are exciting for a cold game the Canadian.
Speaker 3: Thirty?
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's Canadian summer for me, so it's it's good. Yeah, it's not too cold, but I like that weather, so it's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you, James.
Speaker 15: And last but not least, you hear from tight End Isaiah Likely.
Speaker 20: You guys had a couple of short weeks.
Speaker 6: Now you have another one.
Speaker 2: How do you approach each one? What is the bodycare routine in between those?
Speaker 24: Really just you know, getting back, you know, getting a routine. I mean, always just trying to lean on the older guys, you you know, vet do it and really just going from there, I mean just always keeping one friend in front of the other where it's you know, getting in a playbook for the next team, getting your body right from recovery, getting a lifting and really just making sure your body and your mental is always prepare.
Speaker 15: For the next game.
Speaker 1: How much are you looking forward to this.
Speaker 12: Body coming up next?
Speaker 24: I mean, you know, I always looking forward to the vibe, always keeping in mind that you know, we got a game this week, and just keep me one friend in front the other and understand, we gotta get appointment.
Speaker 20: And I say likely since they're around right now. How is it gonna be with NFL films going through the rest of the season.
Speaker 24: Uh, I mean it get uh be fun. I mean you get to see, you know, a couple of different people's personalities from tuck Pan, pancake pat everybody around you know, smile and having fun. Obviously the coaches, but you know, obviously just keeping in mind that everybody's just gonna be them at the end of the day.
Speaker 20: Appreciate it always, Isaiah, do you do you feel like, you know it's it's a big game going up on Sunny, but you guys have played it feels like every single.
Speaker 15: Week has been a big team.
Speaker 20: Do you feel like your experience thus far this season kind of prepares you better for.
Speaker 7: This one for sure.
Speaker 24: I mean obviously you know, canting on I'm being in a short week, but you know, understand, just keep me one fund in front of the other, you know, preaching uh, the the fundamentals going in you know every day and understand that you know it's a great opponent, but you know they come into the bank where it's gonna be rocking and being a home game, and then understand that just keep him with from in front of the.
Speaker 20: Charlie Cohler going down with the broken arm, just how much does that impact the tight end group?
Speaker 7: And and as you guys try to.
Speaker 17: Fill his void?
Speaker 24: Uh, I mean obviously impacts us cause you know, Charlie's you know, one of the brothers in the room. Obviously you know he's having a great year coming off uh great year three.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 24: Really just you know, giving next next man up mentality to you know, s a a person like z uh Scotty that just got back, uh and then just different people from that aspect, from not only special teams, but from an offensive remind uh, remind everybody that you know, somebody has to pick up the the pieces of that uh until he comes back.
Speaker 3: It's it been hard to learn how to deal with me like some games are just not gonna get the target.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna be the guy.
Speaker 3: But also does it also help when they say, hey you get.
Speaker 13: A game bar cause offering you recovered, you know, the on side kick.
Speaker 3: They still see you. You know, but I w what was it hard to get used to that? Just like some days and he's gonna be that game.
Speaker 7: Uh, I mean really just you know preaching.
Speaker 24: I mean what I said in the offseason with you know, you never know when the explosive plays are gonna come from this offense, whether it's you know, the running backs and then playing run the ball from all the pass catches we have, so I understand that, you know, yeah, everybody might not get their day to sign, but you know, still going out there and catching a win when you don't have a target, you don't get a catch and understand that, you know, whether it's on sock kick where you have to recover it. I mean you always want to sell bear sift teams to just understand that the main goals, main goal which is to win the game and ultimately holding up to Lobardy and that's the ultimate goal that we got.
Speaker 15: Thank you for listening to Ravens Press pass.
Speaker 1: Of course, make sure you're subscribed and go check out The Lounge podcast, where myself, Ryan Mink and Garrett Downing look back on the film from the Ravens win against the Los Angeles Chargers, as well as a head to this Sunday's game against Philadelphia Eagles. Happy thanks saving everybody.
Speaker 4: Enjoy