Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 1: Let's see where some individual stocks are moving today. We can do that with Bloomers. Christina Quino, Christine, what are you looking at all, right, Paul, Let's take a look at Trucker's JB Hunt this morning reporting their result, and that seems to be voting well for the stock so ticker JBHD. Those shares are now up more than seven percent and we were set for record clothes last time I look. So looks like that's powering ahead as well. And that is because again earnings for the first quarter beating estimates here both on EPs and sales, and Bloomberg Intelligence weighing in really showing that the results apparently is an encouragement for the outlook for freight markets more broadly, even though a prolonged freight recovery may not be linear, especially because of the headmands that we've seen in the first quarter, but least this set of results for the first quarter for JB Hunt really doing well for the shares here.
Speaker 2: I worked on that IPO way way way back in the day, Lowell, Arkansas spent some time there. Why did that company to go public.
Speaker 1: In the eighties, So it was it was a while ago.
Speaker 2: It was I don't have to look up, we don't love it. Got my first truck truck trucking ride, riding a big truck that was eighty three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, And then they came and did a falling offering I think in eighty seven, which I was on. So that thought that was a cool thing to do, riding the truck.
Speaker 2: So all right, what else you for?
Speaker 1: All right, let's take it like a Schwab as well, reporting earnings to but not doing too well for those shares, So took her scchw swap shares now down more than four percent, and that is because first quarter revenue missing estimates. They did have their total new assets rising five point seven percent to more than one hundred and thirty nine billion dollars and net income also beating estimates, but again that revenue miss is what's weighing on the stock today. So Schwab apparently also reported a thirty nine percent increase in daily average trades in March compared with the year earlier. That's probably a reflection of a lot of you know, retail investors wanting to take advantage of the market volatility last month. And apparently they're potentially looking at launching a prediction markets kind of product to compete with other companies such as Robhoods. Of course they are, but CEO Rickwerzer does say that they will probably stay away from allowing customers to place wagers on sports or pop culture. Ah okay, but even though sports football market so no fun stuff, no fun stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll see how that will plays out.
Speaker 1: It's something that Carol Masser and Tim Cenovic will be discussing with the.
Speaker 2: CEO of Rick of Schwab, Charles Schwab.
Speaker 1: That is Rick Wearszer will be on Bloomberg BusinessWeek today into two pm hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, looking ahead to that one.
Speaker 1: All right, last talk, let's take a look at Abbott Labs as well. So to car ABT those shares extending your clients now down more than four point eight percent, also innings related, of course, and we did get that stocks lighting to the lowest levels is twenty twenty three on an intra day basis. That is because the firm did cut its adjusted earnings per share guidance for to full year, even though they're adjusted first quarter EPs and net income beat, but analysts of course focusing on the more disappointing forward guidance there, and they're also focusing in particular at some disappointment related to the company's performance in devices, particularly in the diabetes space. So that's what we got a little bit of a backfoot on those shares today.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.