Speaker 1: Do we have theme music.
Speaker 2: I'm going to see if I can make us some theme music.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should just use a different commercial from some cereal every week.
Speaker 2: That's a good idea. I wouldn't mind that. Oh recording, Oh yeah, Hi, welcome to another episode of serial Killers. Oh yeah, serial Killers for the same I'm Andrew and.
Speaker 1: I'm Scottie B and I get Elvis talked about this podcast on the morning show this morning, So I think we have to step it up a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we've got to bring it next level.
Speaker 1: I feel like the other two were really boring.
Speaker 2: No, I think that they I think if you've made it this far and you're on episode three, hello, welcome back. We're so excited to have you here. I know there's apparently another serial podcast you could be listening to, but you've chosen to continue and listen to us.
Speaker 1: I can't even imagine that somebody else is talking about cereal on a podcast.
Speaker 2: Theirs looked like it was like meditation or something. Maybe what we should do is, while we're talking, like, let's just have natural conversations outside of the seial. Let's try that.
Speaker 1: I think you might not be talking into the microphone.
Speaker 2: I'm talking into the microphone.
Speaker 1: Ooh, did your mouth just touch it? Yes, that's disgusting.
Speaker 2: I think I've definitely got hepatitis.
Speaker 1: You have some sort of disease anyway, Hey, so today, let's see, we were talking about these on the show this morning, and I'm not even really sure how to say it. It looks like Luccio Oh's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lucio Oh's from the game Overwatch.
Speaker 1: Is it Lucio or Luccio?
Speaker 2: I'm we could either go full Italian. Let's go full Italian. Here's the Luccio's.
Speaker 1: Okay, Luccio Oh's Overwatch. But Kelly, it's really weird because this is a kellogg Cereal. Yeah, but it doesn't say Kellogg's anywhere on this box. It's almost like they're embarrassed to have made it. Yeah, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know, Like here's my question. Are I mean? I guess Cereal is super popular, but like a T for teen rated game, you're already thinking like thirteen year olds. What thirteen year old is going to the supermarket and be like buy those.
Speaker 1: I don't know many thirteen year olds that even go to the supermart. They're their mom, Go buy stuff.
Speaker 2: It's like a Fortnite Cereal. I mean, I guess it's for the parents.
Speaker 1: Then, well, it says sonic vanilla, and it also says artificially flavored, which I do not like. I'm all about natural flavorings. Oh okay, but I guess you know. I've been eating crap cereal by whole life, so I guess most of it has been artificial.
Speaker 2: So a free album download, that's that's cool.
Speaker 1: What album is it, I don't know. It's I don't know. I can't even read it anyway. So we were talking just before we started recording that you prefer a cup to a bowl.
Speaker 2: No, okay, okay, so I only eat cereal out of bowls. But for the sake of this podcast, I don't want to eat an entire bowl of cereal.
Speaker 1: I understand that's a lot.
Speaker 2: So I do a cup to get a little bit of the taste.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it smells delicious.
Speaker 2: Can I just say, wait, turn the box around. It's green, Like the box is green and yellow. So I was thinking this was like lemon lime cereal.
Speaker 1: It totally should be, because the cereal pieces are orange and green, a yellow.
Speaker 2: And green, but it's vanilla tasting. You're saying it.
Speaker 1: Says it's vanilla, all right, so let's see. And actually we're using one percent milk this week. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like milk doesn't add to the taste of the cereal. Am I wrong?
Speaker 1: Well, if you're going to use whole milk, it's going to be a different, whole, different experience.
Speaker 2: Seriously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's much thicker and creamier and you can.
Speaker 2: Put okay, your coffee order. I have to say this. You put five things of whole milk in your coffee. That's a lot of milk.
Speaker 1: First of all, this is not coffee.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just saying in general, like if you're saying it's a lot creamier.
Speaker 1: And it's still not light enough, My coffee is never light enough. All right. So here's.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: As we're recording this, it's still passover. I don't think I'm supposed to be eating this. Who cares? It's not bread?
Speaker 2: You've given up?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Oh? I smelled the microphones.
Speaker 1: Wow, all right, this is fantastic. You're ready.
Speaker 2: I look, this smell is great. Are there marshmallows in this?
Speaker 1: You know what? No, there's not.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, there's good.
Speaker 1: It is good. I tell you what it reminds me of right off the bat.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm thinking the same thing. Why make it faces because I think the same thing.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of cookie crisp. Yes, vanilla. Yes, they made a vanilla cookie. I don't think they make it anymore. They made a vanilla cookie, cookie crisp, And that's what this tastes like.
Speaker 2: I like this, not bad. I personally think this would have aided, would have benefited from some marshmallows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it'd be super sweet at that point, but not that that's a bad thing. You know, so that the cereal actually looks like it is made on the same machinery that fruit loops or applejacks are made on, because it's exactly the same shape, consistency. It's just vanilla flavored.
Speaker 2: I like it again. I think I think it's good for New Cereal.
Speaker 1: I'll eat the whole thing. Although I do have to side note to the New Cereal thing. Yep, it was already on special clearance sale. It might be getting rid of it already. It hasn't been out that long. This has only been out for a couple of months.
Speaker 2: Well, is it a limited edition cereal?
Speaker 1: It doesn't say, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: I gotta say this is good. I'm gonna give this. I'm going to give this three bowls.
Speaker 1: Now, our rating system goes up to five balls. Yeah, five bowls and spoons are a half. Yeah, it's so ridiculous. We could just say like three and a half bowls. But no, no, all right, well, one more bite.
Speaker 2: This gets three three full bowls for me. It's good. But is it memorable? Answer?
Speaker 1: Hold on a second before you even give it a rating, will please drink the milk? Yeah?
Speaker 2: The milk is the best part.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I'm wondering. First of all, why the hell are people listening to this. I'm eating cereal and drinking milk. I'm telling you whether I like it or not. But you know what, the vanilla flavored milk is intensified because it's one percent milk. If it was skim milk, it would not be as good. This milk is very good vanilla flavored.
Speaker 2: I like this. The milk tastes really good. It kind of reminds me of like a vanilla ness quick Okay, a light version of that.
Speaker 1: I gotcha. If we used whole milk, though it'd be full on anyway. So I'm going for the luccio O's or however the hell you say, blue box from Kelloggs, even though Kelloggs wants nothing to do with it because their name is not on it except for tiny little letters on the bottom. I'm going to go three balls in a spoon. Oh, three balls in a spoon.
Speaker 2: Three bowls and a spoon for this cereal.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed it. That was our that was our new one. And we always do a new cereal in a classic cereal every episode. And God, who opened this?
Speaker 2: Freaking Brody Scotty has a thing where you have to open the bag correctly. I don't know if we've ever talked about that. Where did this start from? Was this like a childhood thing for you?
Speaker 1: I don't really think it has much to do with anything. Look at the bag, it's torn to pieces.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you would not at my house. I just am my, I want cereal, so I just opened the bag. I don't know who I hate. Okay, can we talk about this fore thing? You probably about to talk about my dead grandma? What?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was.
Speaker 2: Not even the first thing on my mind.
Speaker 1: My grandma she used to take the cereal immediately out of the box and put it in one of these clear things, and she'd put it in the cabinet like she'd pour it into a container.
Speaker 2: Wait, that's what I was gonna That's.
Speaker 1: Why I said, my dead grandma, Well, you should have started off with that.
Speaker 2: You should have said, hey, do you know people with containers.
Speaker 1: I used to go to Florida and they would be grape nuts. Oh, now, just all brand. I never had grape nuts. Do you remember product I don't know if it was Product nineteen. No, it was all brand. It was the strings of brand. Yes, it was disgusting, but that's what that's what all people eat. They eat all brand. I'm sorry if you eat all brand. I don't even think they make it anymore. But it was all brand and grape nuts in a container. They would take it immediately out of the box. I have no idea either that, or they would rubber band the box down. They would roll the box down, rubber bands on it.
Speaker 2: That's like people with the toothpaste, and they make the device to like squa just buy a new toothpaste.
Speaker 1: My wife puts a binder clip on the end of it. Now and then sprays everywhere.
Speaker 2: No wait, people who do that? Though? With the containers, I feel like they look it looks cool, like it looks like something I want to get, but I can't.
Speaker 1: If as a kid, I ever went to my friend's house and cereal wasn't a plastic container, I wouldn't weird.
Speaker 2: But the oxyle containers look so cool.
Speaker 1: Like all right, So anyway, our classic cereal of the week is coco crispies. And I know we're doing two Kellogg's, but who cares.
Speaker 2: Well, technically last week we also did rice crispies.
Speaker 1: We did, but I really I wanted to get some cocoa in the mix. So we have no cereal today in a cocoa Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've ever done cocoa crispies.
Speaker 1: Really, are you out of your mind?
Speaker 2: To be honest with you, My family we did not like we stuck to the originals.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I do have to tell you if I'm gonna go cocoa a cocoa rice cereal, I'm going cocoa pebbles every day.
Speaker 2: How many cocoa rice cereals are there? I'm gonna learn so much in this podcast.
Speaker 1: I mean there's at least two. Okay, you know there's Coco Crispies and Coco Pebbles, but there's also some of the off brands and store brands and whatnot. I don't think. I don't think General Mills makes a rice cocoa cereal at all.
Speaker 2: But shn we make our recommendations to the cereal companies as well.
Speaker 1: I think I can great. I think pretty soon they're gonna be all over this podcast. Oh yeah, I think to be reaching out to us once we say it.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, my favorite rice cereal is now back to try a cereal. We know in love Kellogg's.
Speaker 1: You can use the same spoons, so we don't waste its fine spoons here. Pretty soon you're not gonna be allowed to have plastic spoons in the city.
Speaker 2: So okay, all right, let's go for this.
Speaker 1: So again one percent milk, which is going to make these flavored cereals way better at the end because of flavor. What smells.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I like the chocolate smell. Really yeah, I love cocoa puffs. That's my favorite.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is General Mills, but it's not Rice.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's let's go into it.
Speaker 1: I noticed how the brown collar like went away really fast as soon as you pour the milk on it. I love it. I don't care. I'll eat us all day.
Speaker 2: I think it's overpoweringly chocolatey see, and I think there's not enough chocolate see. To me, it's like the cocoa puffs, I feel like, have that perfect balance. This. I don't like that. It feels like I'm almost.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. They're also snap crackle and popping.
Speaker 2: Well I would assume I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I only thought the original did that.
Speaker 2: Well, this is good.
Speaker 1: Can you hear it? Hold on, I'm got to stick a microphone in here. Oh my god, please don't touch the microphone. I don't know if you could hear it or not. But there's snap crackle popping.
Speaker 2: I just I don't know. It's good. It's not great.
Speaker 1: The mascot used to be a little monkey named Coco. What it was a monkey that would jump around and dance around named Coco.
Speaker 2: Was he one of the Forgotten brothers?
Speaker 1: It must have been snap crackle, pop and Coco. Oh wait a minute, they're on the front.
Speaker 2: It's the Forgotten pet.
Speaker 1: Seriously. All right, Well, we've run way over our normal ten minute time but what are you doing here?
Speaker 2: This gets two bowls? Wow, I'm not a fan. I feel like there's so much hype around it too, and I'm kind of underwhelmed.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, well I'm gonna go three and a half three bowls in a spoon.
Speaker 2: So you three bowls, So hold on because I feel like we need to talk about that. You're giving cocoa Crispies the same ranking as the Overwatch series.
Speaker 1: I love the flavor vanilla chocolate. Next up, we'll probably do strawberry crispies because that's another new one that just came out.
Speaker 2: Well, I think I might like that.
Speaker 1: Strawberry Crispies is the thing, And stay tuned for Blueberry checks shuts on the way.
Speaker 2: I love blueberry checks.
Speaker 1: Blueberry cheerios is a thing.
Speaker 2: Now you've never had blueberry cheerios.
Speaker 1: They're all on the way.
Speaker 2: Wait can you get apple cheerios?
Speaker 1: Hold on a second. I think for the next time that we do one of these, we'll just do an all blueberry I'm in. You like that.
Speaker 2: I'm in.
Speaker 1: We'll do blueberry checks, blueberry cheeriost. There's got to be blueberry something else, all right, So blueberry is on the way so time berries loving it great? Well, all right, Well, so I get three bowls in a spoon for both cereals today, Andrew three.
Speaker 2: Bowls for the Luccio's, the Overwatch cereal, which won't be around much longer.
Speaker 1: They'll get it while you can.
Speaker 2: And only two bowls for Cocoa Crispies.
Speaker 1: Kind of underwhelmed the milk, Pentasha, I didn't have the milk. Drink it chocolate so good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just milky.
Speaker 1: I'm honest, Sam, you know what, I'm going to go into business selling cereal milks. Good night to buy so much cereal. Just let it sit in the milk for.
Speaker 2: Days, fermented milk cereal, Bottle.
Speaker 1: The milk and sell it. Million dollar idea if someone else steals it. I had it first.
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody's taking that idea.
Speaker 1: But or we could put in a box. It'll be shelf stable.
Speaker 2: What is it.
Speaker 1: It'll be shelf stable milk like in the boxes in the shelf stable. You've never heard that term before. I know, I gotta go all right, Well, hey, thanks for checking out another edition of Cerial Killers with a C. I'm Scottie B. And I'm Andrew and until next time Crunch