Speaker 1: I am all in you.
Speaker 2: I am all in with Scott Patterson, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all in podcast Pop Culture, episode four, Season five, Tipic Canoe and Tailors. I am joined by my my songstresses, believe it, my backup vocalists who are becoming the lead acts in this act.
Speaker 3: That's just Danielle so popular.
Speaker 1: The crowd is roaring when Danielle shows up on happily.
Speaker 4: Sit on the bench any day.
Speaker 1: That's why they love you. That's why they love you, TaRaSu, daniel Roma, Amy Sugarman.
Speaker 4: This is one are such a good one.
Speaker 1: Who wants to start off?
Speaker 3: Scott, You're.
Speaker 1: Okay. Laurla explaining to Luke she likes to go to Luke's for breakfast and I didn't quite get this is that Tommy Lee having a Starbucks at his house perhs baby And Luke says what and Laurel I says, on the surface, sounds great, but the reason you go to Starbucks is to go to Starbucks, you know, and go out and see the people. Luke says, Tommy Lee has a Starbucks in his house. Laurai cribs, baby watch it and that got a big chuckle from I think.
Speaker 3: All four of us trying to get a photo for you.
Speaker 1: What's that? Uh? You know we had a falling out many years ago. No, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 4: I just watched the documentary and I bawled my eyes out.
Speaker 3: Which documentary the Pamela.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I literally could not stop crying.
Speaker 3: I was watching the Brooks Shields one, which I highly recommend.
Speaker 1: Also, I have a great story, but I will tell off camera.
Speaker 3: Is it dirty?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I just assumed in a way nothing.
Speaker 1: It has nothing to do with.
Speaker 3: And that's it.
Speaker 4: He's not saying no.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, wait, did we give the information about.
Speaker 1: The Uh no, Tommy Lee Spanish Star Homes featured in MTV Cribs episode in two thousand, but unfortunately it was destroyed in twenty and nineteen by a wildfire. Are there tame fires? Are there wires? Fires that are not?
Speaker 3: I think there's house fires and wildfire?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they're all wild right, I mean wild that it comes from the woods.
Speaker 3: Wildfire. Yes, that's like a fire that.
Speaker 1: Happens in side of home is not considered a wildfire?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, okay, because it started by something, right, I guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But that's sad.
Speaker 1: And showed off as professionally installed Starbucks have Pashino machine.
Speaker 5: God Cribs was such a good show, so good.
Speaker 4: Love is Blind. Tried bringing it back this week. Did anyone see it?
Speaker 2: I thought MTV tried bringing it back, tried but recreate the No we need the crazy.
Speaker 4: People don't like people going into their houses anymore, which I understand.
Speaker 1: But well it's because you know, fans tend to show up because they want to be through the house. That was a liability. Yeah. Is Motley Crue going on a world tour stadium tour.
Speaker 3: They just recently did one. Why you want to go see him?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, I'm just saying that band is still still going. Yeah, yeah, I mean they join up with other band, they do a stadium.
Speaker 2: Stadium Motley Crue has tour dates right now, right right now. Literally, if you're in Germany right now in May, you can see Motley Crue.
Speaker 1: Where in Germany though, Hamburg where.
Speaker 3: I are picked off that hold on.
Speaker 1: My lord, it's Munich.
Speaker 3: They're going to They're going to pull In, They're going to Sweden, They're going to Norway. They're going to Denmark, Italy, Portugal, Switzerland, the UK.
Speaker 1: When the heck are we going on tour?
Speaker 3: They got one date in America on tour. They got a couple of America.
Speaker 2: Oh no, here's some more America, New York, Columbus, Fargo.
Speaker 1: Do they have a Starbucks machine or they probably do good for them anyway? Uh, who's next? Please step up, don't be shy, I'll do I'll do this one one.
Speaker 2: Loralai on the phone with Rory, joking that Luke didn't wake up there and that he is not naked in the kitchen. Rory, Luke is fully dressed. He never came in the house.
Speaker 3: He just stood outside all night long playing in Your Eyes on a boombox.
Speaker 2: Another amazing pop culture reference. This is to John Cusack and say anything when he was Lloyd Dobbler holding up the phone, sorry, holding up the boom box playing Peter Gabriel's in your Eyes for Ione Sky.
Speaker 3: He's out in the driveway. I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 2: There's about one thousand classic lines in the movie In Your Eyes. I won't bore you with them right now, but that's pretty iconic. Remember Lloyd Dobbler in that sort of trench code.
Speaker 5: Some many people have like recreated that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and John John Crusack is a terrible beach football player.
Speaker 3: I just oh, you played with him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not good.
Speaker 2: Wait before we move on, round Robin, name your favorite John Cusack movie.
Speaker 3: I was debating between Connyer and twenty twelve.
Speaker 5: I'm literally IMDb looking for me.
Speaker 4: I have to pick Must Love Dogs.
Speaker 5: I don't even think I've seen that.
Speaker 1: I'm scrolling to see what I'm a weird son wasn't even weird science and he had an underwear.
Speaker 3: Okay, sixteen candy candle.
Speaker 1: Sixteen candles, see handles.
Speaker 3: I'll go with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go with that.
Speaker 3: Like, can I just ask you three? Have you not seen con Air?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Have you not seen twenty twelve?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, do yourselves a favor. You're so lucky. You can go and just enjoy the greatest popcorn movies.
Speaker 2: Come on con Air, con Air A Nicholas Cage classic.
Speaker 1: Is it really?
Speaker 2: Malkovich is in there, Chappelle is in there.
Speaker 3: It's amazing it. Just talk to Tara.
Speaker 4: I might need to fight you over this.
Speaker 1: Next pop culture was that was conn Hair nominated for an Oscar? No? No, well, no, I don't know anything about it.
Speaker 3: Well, it's like a Rockheimer. It's like a a.
Speaker 2: Popcorn movie, like to blow them up, Like, yeah, you got to watch it, Scott, and tell me what you think.
Speaker 1: A lot of tough guys in it, like tough, dangerous guys.
Speaker 3: It's like hilarious. It's like The Rock. Did you ever see Rock?
Speaker 1: I love the Rock? Like the Rock that was Michael Pack.
Speaker 3: It's the same same stuff.
Speaker 1: Like who directed conn Air?
Speaker 3: You will love it?
Speaker 1: Okay. I can't answer my question, who did? Do you know who directed conn Air?
Speaker 3: I can totally find out. Let me all watches I can. Simon West directed.
Speaker 1: Connor Simon West.
Speaker 3: I don't know who that is.
Speaker 1: He's done some things, He's done some things.
Speaker 3: It had a great cast, it had a great soundtrack.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: You remember that one.
Speaker 4: That's a good one in.
Speaker 1: Conn Air.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I do know.
Speaker 5: Another John Cusack movie I've seen is The paper Boy with Zach Efron, which Daniel, you might have seen That one was in.
Speaker 4: Or light overhears Michelle on the phone upset about parking permits and Laura I says, what's.
Speaker 3: The matter, honey?
Speaker 4: Justin and Cameron having trouble again. We touched upon this a little bit, but at this time, Justin and Justin Timberlake and Cameron Diaz were dating. Their romance lasted all four years, two thousand and three to two thousand and seven, and basically Laurai is sarcastically suggesting why Michelle's upset on the phone because everyone was upset when they broke up.
Speaker 5: Which, by the way, Bad Teacher came out in twenty eleven, so they weren't dating. I did not know. I just googled it because this is Bad Teacher.
Speaker 3: Right, that's something's not right there. We've got a fuzzy timeline.
Speaker 5: That's two thousand.
Speaker 3: That's but when did they date? Maybe they didn't, Maybe they dated it. Maybe we've got that has.
Speaker 4: To be during this time though, I mean according to time dB, your right Teacher was twenty eleven. Well, well, it takes a few years to make a movie. So maybe they were.
Speaker 3: Together sometimes right after come out. This is right, they did. They met in two thousand and three and dated for four years.
Speaker 5: When did this episode two thousand.
Speaker 2: And four, when was Bad Teacher Scott's asleep watching us google things Bad Teacher.
Speaker 5: It came out. I don't think it would have been four years?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Far fetched?
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe maybe they just maybe they're maybe they're just found they're cool. They definitely were love interest in the movie though, Oh yeah, well, you know, life imitates art. Alexis Bludell was broken up with Jared Patalachi and like, what's happening right now?
Speaker 3: You mean right now?
Speaker 5: Right now?
Speaker 3: Or right now? In two thousand and four, two thousand and.
Speaker 5: Four, I was like, wait, was there breaking news?
Speaker 4: She was dating Milo?
Speaker 3: But is with Dean right now? You know what I mean? Right? You're right? Or Jared whatever?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 3: We know you, we know, we know what you mean, all right.
Speaker 5: Next one, Zach, Brian and Lane go grocery shopping. Brian is calculating every item. Zach says, Yo, that was actually funny, Yo, John Nash, Enough with the numbers. So John Nash is a famous mathematician who made contributions to game theory, algebra, geometry, and partial differential equations. Zach is calling Brian John Nash because he keeps calculating the groceries.
Speaker 3: Now, was John Nash the one that Russell Crowe played? Or am I crazy? In a Beautiful Mind? I'm crazy? Or I got it right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Russell Crowe played him as a guy who went to the gym all the time.
Speaker 3: Oh no, losing him Mail because and didn't laugh at his own joke, and he let it hang, let it hang.
Speaker 4: Oh no, there's tears, there's tears and red faces.
Speaker 1: Scott, it's the silent laugh, all these things. Oh wow, fly out of the throat. All right, Well, what are we doing? Dickens Dickens Lane is on the phone with Rory, saying she keeps bickering with the boys while grocery shopping and wants to reminisce about those times when they're older. Okay, Rory, So you'll be Dickens's characters in twenty years. Charles Dickens is one of the greatest novelists of the Victorian ere Rory's referring to Dickens's characters because they are known to reflect back on their lives.
Speaker 3: Oh me, Jackson announces he is running against Taylor for town selectmen. Gypsy is in disbelief. Gypsy says he's our Papa Doc. Francois Duvaller was also known as Papa Doc. He was a Haitian politician who served as the President of Haiti from nineteen fifty seven until his death. Gypsy is referring to Taylor as Papa Doc because he served as president until his death, thinking Taylor would serve as down selectmen until his death. I think that's funny, and enough said, like, I had never heard of that other world leader guy.
Speaker 2: But it's funny when you know what it is. Yeah, I didn't even know how to say it. But when you know what it is, the line is funnier. You have to know the lines or it's like kind of gets lost on you.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like this next one's a little lost on me.
Speaker 5: But we'll give it.
Speaker 3: Give it, We'll see if we can help you.
Speaker 4: So Jason is running for town selectmen and is using Davy to win over voters. Suki says, Oh, that's it, Davey, work it, work it, do the clapping, do the clapping. Laureli says, Hm, very menchuringan candidate of you. The Venturian Candidate is a nineteen fifty nine novel by Richard Condon. The political thriller is about a son of a prominent US political family who is brainwashed into being an assassin for a communist conspiracy. It was made into a film in nineteen sixty two and again in two thousand and four, and Lorlai is basically referring to Suki brainwashing Little Davy to one of her votes as heat collapsed.
Speaker 3: The Manchrod Candidate was a good movie.
Speaker 1: It's a classic film.
Speaker 4: Jackson is running for town selectmen and is using Davy to win over voters.
Speaker 3: The Manchurian candidate. I saw this, the Redo one, the like Leave Schreiber one. I think anyway, I liked it. I think I need to rewatch it.
Speaker 1: Little MK ultra intrigue for you.
Speaker 3: Let me check that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it was.
Speaker 3: Good, good good. Oh Tara, you got a good one.
Speaker 5: All right? It's Lorlai calls Rory to ask her to come home for the town selectment election. He says, who are you calling? Ben Affleck? At this time, Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez split for the first time. Many called him over quote, over exposed, and he even had an article in the La Times with the headline Ben's big fall sue. He is referring to calling Ben Affleck because everyone else is talking about him at this time.
Speaker 2: You can't go wrong with with a Ben Affleck mentioned, because the guy is just always going to be relevant yet I want to see it.
Speaker 6: I heard It's to see it five out of five stars, which one air?
Speaker 5: Oh that's on my list?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I look, I'm always going to be team Affleck. I can't help it.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you're going Damon, I'm going Damon.
Speaker 1: But questionable flack On. Yeah, not your type of guy. Just m.
Speaker 3: This question is Ben Hill says a lot with her.
Speaker 4: Like great actor, great director, loves Duncan, loves Duncan.
Speaker 1: The band is upset because they have to play believe it or not it or not walk.
Speaker 4: In, need to do crack Staff to.
Speaker 1: Scarberry, Joey, Scarberry, Zach, this is the day the music died. Gil Seals and Croft rock harder than this.
Speaker 3: Good Gill line. It's a good Gill one.
Speaker 1: Seals and Croft is a soft rock duo whose biggest hits were Summer Breed, Make Me Feel.
Speaker 3: Going with Jasmine and.
Speaker 1: Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow Wall Wall, Dimonder, Damon Girl.
Speaker 5: Rock.
Speaker 3: They were like yacht rock, practically yacht I love Sealing. I've got a lot of Seals and crops in my collection.
Speaker 1: That great Uh get closer, Yeah we know it.
Speaker 3: It was a jam hold on pull it up, all right.
Speaker 1: So Gil is trying to convince the band, what are you gonna what are you gonna? Get closer?
Speaker 6: They me, Come on, it's a jam, Donand if you want me to see se only you, then see only me.
Speaker 1: Come on, you guys, we don't know the words.
Speaker 3: You don't know get closer.
Speaker 1: No, but we can't hear it because you're singing, and it's no good for you.
Speaker 3: Saying I'm going to add this to my iTunes. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: That while Amy's over there giving a concert, Gil is trying to convince the band to not give up their gig. Gil, Uh, we do what we do. We make it rock and roll. Hendrix rock Woodstock with the star Spangled Banner. Gil is referring to Jimmy Hendrix performing the Star Spangled Banner at the nineteen sixty nine Woodstock Festival. It became an iconic interpretation of the national anthem. Gill is sing they can interpret whatever song they want and make it rock and roll, just like Jimmy Hendrix did. All right, and that's going to wrap up. Amy, What else did you have?
Speaker 2: I'd like Seals and Cross to know that I spent one twenty nine on their song on iTunes.
Speaker 3: Well, they're getty closer. What about Crackstaff?
Speaker 1: You got any I do?
Speaker 3: Wait, Allegedly there's a lean in this episode that you Luke do a lean.
Speaker 1: Scott Luke, I'm not authorized to impart crackstaff info at this time. I have already gotten myself in trouble for doing it with the milk. I just got a notice from the committee. I'm on mean is mentioned probation now, So because I went out on a lemon jeez, got myself in a pickle. There's a few Dean related things in this episode, according to Crackstaff. And by the way, there's a note here please tell uh Danielle and Tara and Amy hello from Cragstaff and to mind your piece at They're concerned that we're revealing too much during the recaps.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: The set used Do you know the crackstaff has their own security for us. Yeah, I'm probably gonna get somebody's gonna come to the house tonight and interview me. Crackstaff. You know they're tough.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: The set used for the downstairs of Dean's house was has appeared several times on the show, and it was also used as the movie theater the bed and Breakfast during the Harvard road trip, and a location in season six that shall remain unnamed so as not to spoil the surprise of those who haven't seen it yet. Thank you very much. See they're very considerate, all right now. The front door of Dean's house is completely changed from the previous episode in the episode. In this episode, it's a single door with glass on top. In the last episode it was double doors without glass. Huh uh. Another item here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, you could add in a it would be really helpful.
Speaker 1: There you go. What do you think? Throw something there? You go? Uh Rory Greatstein's mom as may But in the episode where Dean announced his engagement, her name was Barbara.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I've mentioned that before. What was her name?
Speaker 5: May?
Speaker 1: Mayo and Crackstaff probably deleted the milk carton thing because they heard me say.
Speaker 3: They must be listening in we're gonna go back and rewatch.
Speaker 1: They have listening devices everywhere.
Speaker 3: They know they get the Lean because I have Lean info.
Speaker 1: If you need it, go ahead, let's let's hear the Lean info.
Speaker 3: So allegedly there's a much loved door lean. I can show this to you on my TikTok. But it's when you open the door, when when she comes upstairs. All right, it's an iconic lean. Here it comes there, it is, you'll see it. That's a conic lean. And I'm gonna say, yeah, ten ten leans to that lean.
Speaker 4: That's good?
Speaker 1: Should I take my headphones off?
Speaker 5: And yeah?
Speaker 3: We're into the lien? Look can good in the lean? Scott took his headphones off. We only flatter the money, oh, I said, we only flatter you. And your headphones are off?
Speaker 1: Thank you? All right, here we go. All right, so that's gonna wrap it up. What's the what's the next? I think we got we got another? We got a peppy Virgin? Do we have as a pippy virgin? How many Pippy Vergins do we got? So? Episode five, season five is we got us a pippy version. We're going to be We're going to be recapping that.
Speaker 3: Episode five, season five. It's like our golden birthday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 3: Everybody bring a big celebration for next week.
Speaker 1: All right, kids, that was fun. Guys, thanks for stopping by. There's French fries for you on the way out. Make sure you get a double double order. All the best. Amy Tara Danielle, see you next time, and always keep this in mind that I will be in Louisville at the Louisville Popcorn June's seen seventeen eighteen. I think it is fifteen sixty seventeen. Check to socials. I can't wait to see everybody. I've never been to Louisville. I heard great things and I want to try out that wonderful food and meet these wonderful people. So I'll see there, and always keep one thing in mind, I am all in. Stay safe everyone, Hey, everybody, and don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at gilmour at iHeartRadio dot com. Oh you gil More friends. If you're looking for the best cup of coffee in the world, go to my website from my company Scottip dot com s C O T T y P dot com Scottip dot com Grade one Specialty Coffee