Speaker 1: Start Up, dot Up, start Up, Brooklyn Boy Boy, start Up, Brooklyn Boy, start up Up. They making noise, not up, start Up, dat Up?
Speaker 2: Episode three nineteen, The Brooklyn Boys Podcast, Scary and Brody and Brody and Scary.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's us. How you doing, David, I'm doing well, Anthony. Is it weird that I just called you by your first name? Uh? You calling me that? Yes?
Speaker 2: I don't think in the entire time I've ever really known you that I've ever called you David. You did, you did when I first started. Yeah, well that was in the beg, you know, that was our humble beginnings. But like for years now, I've called you Brody.
Speaker 3: We can't ever call you. I don't call you Anthony never. Man.
Speaker 2: It was almost like I felt like I was addressing the wrong person when I was calling you called I'm like, David, it feels weird looking at you through this glorified zoom camera and I called you David, and I'm like, oh, wait, that doesn't sound right because your face doesn't match David. When I look at your face, I'm like, that's not David, that's Brody.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Yeah, well, you know it's weird. I was playing here I go again. But I was playing pickleball a couple of all right, wife's nack yep, thank you very much. What album?
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, it was the only song I really I only knew that one album from eighty seven. That was the album All the Hits nineteen eighty seven really shit A wild guess anyway.
Speaker 3: So uh so right, Oh, I'm so embarrassed. Do you do this online? Yes, I didn't tell you my story though. Somebody called me brody. Someone calls you brody? Who at pickleball? Wait a day, what's that brody?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Wow, weird? But he's not. He doesn't know what that I know.
Speaker 2: He wasn't trying to make it like a if you know, you know thing, like I know your brody kind of thing by calling you.
Speaker 3: No, no, not at all.
Speaker 2: He just uh wow, how did you respond? Don't call me by my last name around these parts?
Speaker 3: I didn't. I didn't say that. By the way, the White Snake album is called White Snake, but I think the import is nineteen eighty seven, but that's the year it came out. Anyway. Uh yeah, I was just like what he said, I called you by your last name. I have a very My last name tends to get people to call me that. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Well, around these parts, all the Anthonys are called by the last names. That's how I became scary scary every scary for the wind, you know, all the you know Anthony LaSala is lsala you know, well.
Speaker 3: They could they couldn't call you Brooklyn Anthony because it was like twelve of you that would be Brooklyn Anthony.
Speaker 2: Right and then and then, but all the common name people, the John's, the Mikes, the Vinnie's, the Vetos, the sALS, all of us.
Speaker 3: The big the big eight names of Brooklyn, the big of our old neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh so this here we go on a tangent.
Speaker 3: Oh, I hate those, Joe, did you obviously obvious paches?
Speaker 2: You know, but obviously the drone story is nationwide, even though.
Speaker 3: There are you going to drone on about the story now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even though they're being flown all over you know, New Jersey. They've been spotted around New Jersey, New York, the Jersey Shore and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: But it counts as New Jersey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that whole area. Nobody knows where they're coming from. There's all these there's all these thoughts. Everyone's uh, you know, speculating as a vamp to try and.
Speaker 3: Well, why are you talking about that? Everybody now is filming them. Yes, Like, first of all, your video is not original anymore. We've all seen a hundred videos of the drone. Second of all, yeah, I would say at least a third of the time they're posting videos of private planes. Yeah, yeah, planes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there's definitely some some drone footage for sure.
Speaker 3: So oh absolutely, But say we get it this drones. They're all over the place. We get it. Okay, so.
Speaker 2: They somebody sent me this and I'm dead from it.
Speaker 3: This is what drone footage. This is real video and audio folks, great on an audio podcast of.
Speaker 2: How Staten Island people respond and react to the drones.
Speaker 3: Did you see this video? No, but I imagine it's with profanity a lot of it. Yeah, this is this is great, This is great. Get the fuck out of my airspace. It's meat. I could doom. That's see. Ain't that's the drones? A drone can't go that high?
Speaker 2: Brondsted me, what is that? That? Ain't no fucking plane as no fucking plane, Dan Claus.
Speaker 3: Yo, it's moving, it's going back and forth. It's going off. Yeah, it's going off. You going on. You can't get no light on.
Speaker 2: That is footage. Now, these are people. These are somebody had the phone, like you know, towards this sky.
Speaker 3: They were.
Speaker 2: It was definitely talking about the drones that everyone's been seeing. And the camera's all shaky, and one.
Speaker 3: Of those guys was named Tony if not three, this is and this is on It was on Staten Island.
Speaker 2: According to the video, it really was authentically on Staten Island. And I would have to agree hearing their accents, that's that's Stetton Island.
Speaker 3: So Iklahoma.
Speaker 2: No, at first I thought it was. At first I thought it was like this is how Staten Island people would hear the drones and see the drone. This is their commentary. But you know, because in a lot of times it would be like a fake, it would be like a joke. No, that is an actual footage from someone because you know, I know how I know is I see the marry on the half shell out in the front lawn, and then and then Santa Claus and the reindeer and the lights and all that, and then they have the whole the houses are row houses all lit up for Christmas. It definitely looks like a Staten Island house. So how great is that?
Speaker 3: That's great? Yeah, I'd hit it with a bat if it came lower. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was mentioning earlier about mistaken identity. Did you ever do this?
Speaker 3: You ever post something on social and you tag the wrong person?
Speaker 2: And you I mean, you're with the person, with a couple of people, you take a picture and then you you post it and then you tag. Last night, I was at Z one Hunter's jingle Ball, which came to Madison Square Garden, and I was posting a picture with one of our sales people, Jesse, and I like Jesse. Jesse came up to me. It was with Garrett, so we I'll take a picture real quick. I said, sure, we took a selfie and then she sends it to me and I'm like, oh.
Speaker 3: This is cute.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna put this up in my story right now. So I post it up in my story. I tag Jesse, I tag Gart right, and then I tag who I thought was our friend Scott Berlin.
Speaker 3: His wife Stacy.
Speaker 2: So because I saw Stacy last night and to my credit, she was wearing something similar, and she looked similar with long black hair. So and I wrote, at Stacy Berlin or you know whatever, and I attacked her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why don't you give her home address too?
Speaker 2: Listen, she's she's awesome anyway, point is she's so. I put it up, and then Jesse was like.
Speaker 3: What are you doing.
Speaker 2: I said, huh, that's not Stacy, that's Stephanie. I said, Stephanie. I'm like, oh my god, and I took the tag back. I deleted the post and I reposted the picture with the correct tags.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: It's one of those face palm moments. But I don't know if I caught it early enough for Stacy to not see it or whatever.
Speaker 3: So I don't know. I Stacy saw it and got insulted. But all middle aged white women looked the same to you.
Speaker 2: But isn't it weird that, I mean, maybe just in out a line of work, and maybe just because I was at an event where there's so many people in my face and everything's a blur that I don't remember taking a picture I took. I remember taking a picture, I just didn't remember that it was one person and not the other. I really thought I was taking a picture with our friend's wife, and uh, kind of embarrassing now because I kind of I don't know who I'm insulting. You know, one person's gonna feel offended of those.
Speaker 3: Two, but still better than doing it in person. I did that today again at pickleball today. There are two guys that are very heavy. They're not related and our friends. They're just both very heavy. Right, let's just call them Pete and Charlie. Okay, I see Pete. I'm playing with Pete, and I go, hey, nice shot, Charlie. Now is that beefsteak Charlie. Yeah, I don't think very good. I don't think he heard me, but clearly the only way you would miss up those two names as you were thinking, that's one of the fat guys I'm playing with. Yeah, So I felt bad, but I don't think he heard me. And then like I immediately was like, let's go a get Pete. Yeah, Like I covered it because I realized what I had done. Yeah, So, uh, I did the say.
Speaker 2: I did that to a a comedian that was in studio with that friend, Jim Kurt, earlier in the week.
Speaker 3: He had a hat on, he.
Speaker 2: Had glasses, and he had like scruff beard and stuff like that. And he's like, hey, he wasn't nice to meet you. And I coul date and our friend Trevor introduced me to who it was, and I'm like, oh, yeah, you goes hey, what's up? I said? I said, oh, and and then I said, okay, cool. I'm like, ah, well, I a good seeing you, Jim. I thought I was referring to Jim Gaffigan.
Speaker 3: It was you. It was Tom Poppa. Tom was getting to like Jim Gaffigan.
Speaker 2: No, but like the way he had like a coat on and a hat, and.
Speaker 3: That'll do it. Yeah. It takes the glass blonde, balding guy and looks like Tom Poppa's on any of those things. And he goes Tom. I'm like, oh, yeah, of course Tom. Yes. But I'm like, do now you're gonna tell me that me mistaken one old Jets quarterback from behind another one is terrible. But to the face of someone you had been introduced to, you called him the name of a comedian who looks nothing like him.
Speaker 2: Comedians look alike. No, I just like I had Jim Gaffigan on the brain. I'm like, oh, all right, Jim.
Speaker 3: You're lucky. You didn't say like if he said to you, uh, imagine you took a picture of him and tag Jim Gaffigan.
Speaker 2: Right, so well, I mean, you know, and it's not even Stacy Berliner.
Speaker 3: He can't even get in my brain. He can't even like he can't even know that.
Speaker 2: He does not know that I he does not know that I was thinking of was Jim gaffickan because they never.
Speaker 3: Saw one syllable guy's name, you like Tom Jimmy, like it's something short, it's Tom. You know Tom. Papa's very good friends with Seinfeld. They did a TV show.
Speaker 2: Togain right, well, you know he it was, but you know how like you know, it gets all the time.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, Jimmy Fallon, you know with Jimmy.
Speaker 2: Kimmel, they get yeah, but you call him Jimmy, right, but they always people mix up the Jimmy's a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But if he said, if you said to Jimmy Fallon and thinking he was Jimmy Kimmel, you said hey Jimmy, and you're like, oh fuck, I met and sorry, Jimmy, I meant Jimmy. I was thinking to Jimmy Kimmel, it's Jimmy it's fine.
Speaker 2: Who, by the way, was at does he Jigglebawl yesterday as a surprise guest Jimmy.
Speaker 3: Fallen Ball of course, because he's always got a booker record to promote.
Speaker 2: Well, he was promoting uh you know, well, rap Me was last year's single that he did with Megan Trainer, which is a Christmas song. But he's got a new song, he's got another children's book. I think he's also got his own channel on Sirius XM. And he's got that TV special that he that ran on NBC after the tree lighting where he had a video with the Megan Trainer. It's called Wrap Me Up. So she did that song as part of her set and he came out.
Speaker 3: Which is cool. Dude. Jimmy is is merch man him, He really is. He's the best. I love him for it. He's so nicest guy. So all right, and I.
Speaker 2: Will I'll tell you this as we go to break and the slices will appreciate this. So we were in that big broadcast room.
Speaker 3: Hold one second, did you take a picture with Jimmy found not last night? Now, I have plenty, I got plenty of pictures. I have had an opportunity, Jimmy Kimmel very good. I had had a chance to.
Speaker 2: But we were in this broad broadcast area backstage where there's all these lights facing a stage, a little mini stage, and that's where Elvis, you know, does the stand ups, where he does interviews whatever. And then once once they dropped the microphones, explaining to the slices, once they dropped the mics, that's where they take.
Speaker 3: The pictures right then and there.
Speaker 2: So everyone was taking taking turns taking pictures with Jimmy. And I didn't want to go up there. I'm like, you know, it's hot under these lights. He's got to go.
Speaker 3: I don't care. I have a lot of pictures with Jimmy.
Speaker 2: Seriously, I had, I could have walked up on that stage and taken one. There was an opportunity insteady now, but pause. Last week Jimmy came on the show and a lot of slices who listened to the Big Show heard Elvish the weird segment.
Speaker 3: Yes, Elvis said, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Scary gets very nervous over his child childhood idols weird Al. And the way that came up is because weird Al is featured on the New Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy.
Speaker 3: Kimmel, Oh my god, I did it.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Fallon album right with with with the the They did a.
Speaker 3: Poke on New Year's E've Poka together yea, of course.
Speaker 2: So when it came up on the show, Elvis was like, you know, Scary gets very nervous around weird now. And then he played the sound of me talking about weird al and stumbling all over my words like I am right now, you.
Speaker 3: Know, and Fallon got like he got like beligerent with you that you were such a dude. Yeah, so here we are now.
Speaker 2: Fast forward a week later, he's up on this little mini stage, yes, last night taking all these pictures.
Speaker 3: He comes off the stage and comes over to me. I didn't want it. Wasn't even gonna say hello to him. I was kind of in the background.
Speaker 2: He goes, he comes walking over to me, he goes Scary hugging and kissing me, and I'm like, oh, this is some great street cred by everybody's seeing Jimmy come to me and him at the airport.
Speaker 3: Where everybody you like called me out like scary, sim what's up? And then very nice.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking like, okay, that's fun. And then he turns around. He goes, hey, man, did you get to meet weird Al yet?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, oh, no, not yet, he goes.
Speaker 2: He goes, You're gonna stumble all over your words when you meet weird Al, like you embarrassed me in front of the whole room of page.
Speaker 3: He should have. He should have you on the show with weird Al and play the audio. That would be clutch. You should have said that to him, that, Jimmy, because you know we it is gonna was gonna come on. Of course he is. Of course he is. You should have. You should have the people at the morning show who reach out to Jimmy and book him on the show, reach out and say that'd be a great bit. I bet you, Jimmy.
Speaker 2: Jimmy would have me on its off, not as a guest, but obviously like one of the he'll cut to me or something like that.
Speaker 3: No, he should have you on in studio to meet we at Al and then play the clip. It'd be great for national. And so, by the way, when Elvis set the clip up, he goes, oh, this was a clip from somebody else's interview. Scary jumped into someone else's interview. It was my interview at weird Al with you. That's right, it was. It was a brook who grabbed that audio audio. It was a Brooklyn Boys. It was a Brooklyn Boys podcast.
Speaker 2: No it was not.
Speaker 3: It was you, me and Ronnie interviewing weird Al. Oh was it for the off air show. No, it was you, me and Ronnie interviewing weird Al. Just just couldn't interview him interview right, because he was available and and he didn't he didn't fit with Elvis's schedule. And was that's right, that's how we got that audio. And you said, Brodie, delete that. I got to delete that. I gotta edit that out without airing that. I said, okay, so I I What I did was I bounced the audio out of pro Tools, meaning I converted it to an MP three onto the network drive. I sent it to another studio so he couldn't get the original audio, and then he edited what was a copy of the original audio, and he's like, oh, that'll never air. No one over here, that that's embarrassing. And of course Ronnie and I already grabbed it, so it's it's permanent audio. Because I thought to hide it and duplicate it real quick. Yeah, wow, thanks for jumping in on someone else's interview.
Speaker 2: It's so speaking of ze one hunter jingle Ball, I went to shopping. I said, you know what, this is the one time of year I splurge. You know me, Brody, I'm not. I don't have a passion for fashion.
Speaker 3: I just oh, oh, that's you have a passion for bougie fashion. Sometimes I do sometimes, but one hundred dollars tie dyed shirt.
Speaker 2: I go seasons at a time without buying new clothes, and then it's like, okay, and you know people, you know when they go on vacation the whole summer and then they put all the pictures up and they call it a photo dump, and they.
Speaker 3: Here's a here's a November dump. That's me. Make sure you dump.
Speaker 2: No, that's me with clothing I'm going to buy. I'm like, I gotta just do it all at once, everything like put all in Well, yeah, but that makes no sense. Scary because the slices hear me out, what scary go and spends a ton of money on clothing for jingle Ball.
Speaker 3: Right, That's where I was. That's where I was going with this hold on and for the holidays. Then he does his weight loss program in January. Then he's too small for six months, nothing fits him, so it's a year before you can wear this stuff again. And he's like, that's a year old. I'm not wearing it right. Well, I'll say this.
Speaker 2: Because I don't spend a whole lot during the year on clothes and whatever the case.
Speaker 3: When it comes to occasions like jingle Ball, I want to do something. Sure, outragees abroad a nice outfit for jingle Ball.
Speaker 2: Everybody, everybody has to do something, you know, because you know we aren't. We're going to get a look that night, maybe get a moment and.
Speaker 3: You're on the page photo ops.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his old kinds of things, and you know, you know, you got to compete with Elvis. Elvis is always looking sharp, always best dressed in the room. And I'm not trying to upstage him in any way, but.
Speaker 3: I hand upstage.
Speaker 2: But you don't like, if you don't try, you're gonna look that much worse next to him. So you just got to kind of come close.
Speaker 3: So you don't. I've been a designated fugly friend.
Speaker 2: Right, So you want to see like you can You're you're kind of in the ballpark and competing. Uh so I basically went to I went to Bloomingdal's. I'll tell you, I don't care not a sponsor. And every time I go to Bloomingdal's, I always and ladies you probably know this, maybe you guys some guys too.
Speaker 3: Bloomingdale's in the in the tour section, they have a you know wait, no wait it was even Marcus. It was not Bloomingdal's even even worse.
Speaker 2: So the worst customers they do have, they do have a sale rack where they throw shoes, where they line all the shoes up next to each other on a rack with all right, but all of the shoes together, you know, in random sizes, and have a party where you know, you don't get all the special treatment of the lither sofa area with the with the rug and the sit down there, but this is the area where the sail rack and the clearance is. So to humor my self, I always go there first, like maybe they have my size today, brody. When if you ever went to a clearance rack of anything and found you're like, oh my god, not only is this my size, but it's awesome and I want to buy it.
Speaker 3: Hold on a second, did you just ask me how often I go to the clearance rack.
Speaker 2: No, how often, Brody. Both things need to be true. You go to the clearance rack and you find your size.
Speaker 3: Okay, see how often you go to Okay, But here's the thing about the clearance rack slices. Back me up here. If you see a seven, not a size seven, but on one to ten a seven on the clearance track, it's a twelve, you might not have bought it at full price, Like, that's not really my style. You see it on the clearance track, You're like, oh, it's my size. I'm buying it when I when I go to Nordstrom rack, yeah, I buy shit that fits me, whether I like it or not. So yeah. And if you if you nail it, if you see something, yeah you gotta buy it.
Speaker 2: So I.
Speaker 3: But the thing is, I never see anything in myself. It's almost like a joke.
Speaker 2: I'm like, all right, So I walked into Neemen and I said, let me go to the clearance rack, let me see what they have first before I started spending all this crazy. I mean even but but you even know that with Kature crazy, You know these designers, even though it's on the clearance rack, you're still playing paying crazy money for it, So and again I don't splurge on this kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Usually I don't own anything like this. So wait a minute, Wait, don't you own I got a thousand dollars pair of sneakers.
Speaker 2: That was last year's pair, the Alexander McQueen. Yeah, Alexander McQueen and I have a pair of Christian Lubertons.
Speaker 3: Right, well, plice is just a friendly reminder of which one of us is the bougie bastard.
Speaker 2: It's an annual purchase, okay. And I don't own anything besides those things. Well, I go to the clearance rack and all, a good thing you made?
Speaker 3: Didn't throw those out? And oh my god, lo and behold lower, behold stun. Can you spell? Can you spell coutur c oh u t u r e close enough? I think that's it. It's co ou definitely c o u t u r e. Right.
Speaker 2: You tested me, you know, I came in third place in the uh first grade spelling bee in PS two A four. Really, yeah, don't fuck with me.
Speaker 3: C o U t u r e. Right, it has to be anyway. So I go to the clears. I can't get through the story. We have a lot of cover.
Speaker 2: No spell it, you know, anyway, so they never have my size, and then I see in the size twelve section they actually have.
Speaker 3: Not only a pair that's my size A. They look awesome. So I'm like, these are actually something I could wear on jingle ball stage.
Speaker 2: It's shiny, it's sparkly, it's got shiny whites, it's got whites and silvers in it, sequin it.
Speaker 3: This is fucking These are the shoes.
Speaker 2: These are statements sneakers right here, and I'm gonna already see them.
Speaker 3: Okay, so here's the big reveal. They're in a bag. They come up thrown bag. That's an old it's that's an old dag. Here you go about that.
Speaker 2: Oh uh, look at the spikes on those and they're the red bottom. There's the red bottoms bottom, and it's white and the stripe the stripe is gray. It's like a great it's like a gray suede. Yeah, yes, it's mostly by the way, it's not lot lit up here, but under the light, these are the sequence sparkle.
Speaker 3: And then there's they are these they are these silver spikes. So there's sparkling sequins. And let me tell you, you walk into a room with these people. Are whoa your shoe game? Strong? Like cave man? You got those on sale at Neeman Marcus. I'm gonna say, looking at them, I'm gonna say you paid these are well, these are Christian lubetons. By the way, they're red bottoms. Yep. I'm gonna say you paid somewhere between ninety five and one oh five. What that's about what I would pay for those? Yeah, I would say for sneakers. Brody, come on, man, are you that? Are you that out of touch? Get the fuck out. I just saw them. I'm looking at them. They look to me like I'm out of one twenty times. Don't even get at don't eat. You said that on sale? I asked them. Not knock out of here. I would say, not on sale, maybe one ninety five two hundred. Shut up. Well there goes that conversation. Well, how much did you pay for those things? They're sneakers? You step in shiit on all.
Speaker 2: Well, they were marked down over fifty to sixty percent. I got a bargain on these things. So once you pay two fifty, fuck you.
Speaker 3: Four hundred, four hundred and fifty dollars. That's the original price. Asshole. This is Christian Lubaton red bottoms. These are authentic. Nike is better.
Speaker 2: This isn't a Chinatown fake. These aren't the ones that fell up the back of a truck in Brooklyn. Three hundred four point fifty. Dude, These are marked down. These are eleven one hundred dollars sneakers, which I which I which I never would have bought for.
Speaker 3: Eleven hundred Buy a car for eleven hundred dollars? What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Once again, as I take this back to the beginning, I don't splurge very often. I own very little designer stuff on a high end level. I mean, women can relate with the handbags. Why are you throwing women under the bottom because they access their eyes. They know these, they know these brands, Dudekers, they're loubies, baby bloobies, bottom of sneakers, loubis.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, that's the thing. See that's what sucks.
Speaker 2: Nobody sees the red bottom, right but they but they always I got so many people like those are Christian Lubittons. Like how you know, like we know a Loubi when we see one. So they're like, God, lift your lobes, lift your fuck, lift your foot. So I lifted up my foot like see, they're like, Dad, I can show me those red bottoms.
Speaker 3: You know, this is like Cardi b These is rare at bottoms. These his bloody shoes. Come on, Yeah, that's what I'm going for.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 3: That's that's the this is the this is the signature. I mean, dude, Sex and the City. Uh, what's that? What's that novel? That? The sex novels all those years ago. Shoes with the red bottoms are shiny, but this is a sneaker. Scary the bottom of your shoe there's still rubber. There's still rubber on the bottom. Well, the problem rubber, red robber, red robber. We don't want brody over red rubber. That's red Rover. Sorry.
Speaker 2: Anyway, the point is my doctor's name. I saw, I splurged, I wore them and I owned the night. But the problem is saw you coming a mile away.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 2: They never ever have my size in these clearance items, So I said, how can I not if they're marked down from eleven hundred to four fifty. This is a frigging bargain right now, and I'm gonna be able to get I'm gonna be built. Walk away with these frigging sneakers.
Speaker 3: I want them what slices?
Speaker 2: Leave it.
Speaker 3: Talk back then if you agree with this theory, they don't.
Speaker 2: The stores try to sell them for eleven hundred, so they can mark them down to four hundred, and it only cost them like twenty maybe ten bucks to make them.
Speaker 3: Okay, sweatshop, And that's that's the scam. Oh my god, they're marked down from eleven hundred. The worst buy those, the worst bind those new for eleven hundred. And here's the problem with the whole thing. Even though they fit me and they were twelve.
Speaker 2: As I was walking in them and trying them on, I'm like, mmm, this little this area right here where my like like my potential bunion. This could be a problem right here because it's kind of rubbing against the side of my toe.
Speaker 3: Ap. You know what, fuck it. So I'll buy them anyway. Well, you put uncomfortable shoes for four hundred dollars, yeah, because dude, they look good.
Speaker 2: See, And this is what this is how I'm wrapping the whole thing up, Okay, And I'm explaining, and I'm going to sympathize and empathize with women who say if it don't hurt, it don't look good. Or the women that say, you know that, they buy these expensive shoes and then and then their feet are and their feet are killing them at the end of the night, and they're like, And guys are always like, why the fuck would you buy the most uncomfortable shoes?
Speaker 3: Why would you buy them if they hurt?
Speaker 2: And the truth of the matter is I fell into that same abyss, that same trap that women fall into when they buy uncomfortable shit because it looks good. And I gotta say, I got all the compliments in the world, but now here I am a day later. My feet are a cut up. I've got bandages over my toes. So I know, I know what it's like, ladies, to walk a mile in your shoes, literally literally you know how many? I did more than my ten thousand steps yesterday because I was walking around the Jingle Ball Arena, I was going back and forth. I must have did twenty thousand steps. So I want to sell those now, you should sell them. No, I walked more than I normally would fucking walk brody and on a daily and of all days, that's the day I got to put on these more the most uncomfortable shoes of my life.
Speaker 3: But you don't want to wear them again. Oh, you're gonna wear them because theyre dead trendy.
Speaker 2: Okay, So because they're so outlandish looking, I showed you a picture. I probably should post a picture two of them. These aren't shoes you just wear every day. These are these are things you wear no, but visually like they they're loud. So these are things that you wear on a special occasion. Lights, pick ball shoes. No, they're sneakers, but they don't they don't. Uh, they don't walk like a sneaker. These walk like like uncomfortable shoes. But you know what if you're on stage at at freaking the world's most popular arena, and you're there and the world's most famous arena, similar word, okay, the most famous arena, you're gonna you're gonna do something special, You're gonna splurg, you're gonna buy some and you're gonna you're gonna be on stage being viewed by so many people and like, oh scary, you know you know, so there, so there, so there.
Speaker 3: So I think you think the crowd was able to look up on stage up and see the shoes you can't see the shoes. Yeah some people could. Yeah, no, you could, of course. I hope those people appreciated your four hundred dollars on sales shoes. I don't know. Listen, this is not me. I don't do this. They couldn't. This second quart is scary. Can still wear them. Maybe if you lose a little weight in your feet, they'll fit better. You should tell doctor you know who that you'd like to gear the program towards toe weight loss and cut down your parabins. Maybe you can lose some some toe loss.
Speaker 2: Or I could go to that that crazy ass doctor that cuts women's feet just so they could fit into the shoe.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the cinderellas that happened in Cinderella. You're the original version of Cinderella. The women were cutting their feet to make them feet fit in that slipper.
Speaker 2: It wasn't there a thing that that people that there are women that go under this crazy surgeries just they will move.
Speaker 3: A toe, just to move a pinky toe just fit in shoe. That actually happens in real life. It does. We've seen it before. Seems normal like that seems like a oh, these gloves don't fit right I'm gonna take a pinky of and Brody all right, I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna tell a story. So story time with David brit story Time, because it's my turn. Now you had a couple of good ones. I was going to a store in the mall. And you know, malls have entrances, like five or six places you can park near an entrance, and so I called. I wanted to know which mall entrance would make the most sense because online doesn't have a good map. Right in case you're like, why you just look on the map. They don't have a good one for this mall. So I called and I said, Hey, I'm coming there. Uh what entrance should I come in? And what floor are you on? And she says, I said, you're on the first floor, second floor. The mall only has two floors. Now, this mall scary, you know the mall Livingston Mall, which is going out of business a.
Speaker 2: Business and looks really sad if you look at for the TikTok videos. Holy shit, the only thing they have is a Christmas tree and J C.
Speaker 3: Penny. This mall is like ninety percent. As people's leases are up, they move out.
Speaker 2: It's so sad brody. There's like a barn there's like a Barnes and Noble, and like a fucking Jason and.
Speaker 3: Noble was built out on the outside, like they added a wing of the mall. So it's it's almost like it's it's it's a free standing store on three signs I saw, I saw the depression people. The only really real people in this mall are people taking videos to show.
Speaker 2: How empty the mall is exactly. So I had to go to one of the stores. So I asked the girl the stores, how many are left?
Speaker 3: Three? Like seven? Oh? Yeah. So I didn't want to walk past all the empty stores. So I'm like, I don't remember where that store was located. So I said, what entrance should I go in? Now? This mall scary? You know the mall? Oh yes, it's built into a hill. So the back of the mall is higher and you enter on the second floor, correct, And the front of the mall is on the first floor when you enter. Yeah, because the parking lot goes up and around the back.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Okay, is the hair cutting place still there? No longer? No long gone? Yeah? No, they left. They left over a year ago. Okay.
Speaker 2: So she says, you want to go in through Lord and Taylor and then we're on the first floor if you go in that way.
Speaker 3: Okay, Lord and Taylor is still there. Yeah, So I said, no, it's closed, but that's the entrance at the time, there was an entrance. She said, you want to you want to go through Lord and Taylor. So I said, all right, and then you're right by Lord and Taylor. She's yeah, we're on the first floor if you go through Lord and Taylor. I go, aren't you on the first floor? No matter where I go in, I said, you're on the first floor. We're on the first floor if you go in that entrance. I said, yeah, But that entrance is higher up in the back in the parking lot, so it's on the second floor. Question becomes what constitutes the first floor? The building has two floors, it doesn't if you enter on the second floor. Still the second floor? Oh? So she says, well, no, we're on the first floor when you walk in by the way, you don't you don't pick floor numbers based on the first one. But but, but she could be referring to the first floor of the higher ground. So I said, so how it works?
Speaker 2: I said, okay, but there's no third floor, so you're either on the first floor or you're on the second floor. And I walk in, So are you in the second floor? She said, no, we're on the first floor when you walk in. I said, but there is no first floor.
Speaker 3: Did you walk in first floor relative to the building? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, there is there one is floor one and floor to his floor two? Right, regardless of right you're talking about relative to the building. When you're talking about a mall, a structure, there's one two.
Speaker 3: I'm with you. I'm crystal clear on this. If you you're you live in an apartment building on the second floor and I put a ladder up to your window and I climb in, that doesn't become the first floor.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: Was that what she was trying to say.
Speaker 2: She was trying to say, it's the first floor you see when you come in that entrance, just like no, it's the first floor that makes the first floor of the basement. Then oh, man, are you on the same floor as Lord and Taylor at the top floor, the top floor?
Speaker 3: My brain hurts. This is the day after jingle Ball, and this is. I'm just said, you know what, never mind, I'll find it. So sure enough, I went into Lord and Taylor and I looked at and there was right there on the second floor was her name, Luca. Yeah, right there on the second floor. So that is only topped by this this genius. So I sold some stuff on eBay. One of the packages was was Scary's and I had to drop them off. I'm sorry, but whatever the shipping was, it was it was UPS. I had to ship something UPS because something I sold from Skary is. It was the person who brought the thing from Skary that I sold for him lives in a town that's so small that UPS has to deliver it to the local post office and then the post office then takes it the rest of the way. Really, I didn't know sounds like that existed on the map, right, So like the regular post office doesn't get packages, UPS has to bring it there and then the local little right. Okay, So I go to the UPS store and they closed. They were closed, I don't know, they closed early and said like they were closed earlier than I thought. I said, well I do, I got to mail this package. I said, thanks. It was Thanksgiving week I said, you closed tomorrow and Friday. It was like Wednesday at five o'clock they closed instead of six. Yeah. So he goes, well, you can go to you can go to CVS. They take packages a CVS. Okay. So I walk into CVS and I asked him at the register where do I go with the packages? She says, oh, we'll call the girl. She'll come over and check it in feel I said, okay, she's just wait over there. So I wait over by the candy aisle, which tell gonna wait sure, And I'm holding the package in my hand and she comes out with a gun, like a scanner gun, and she says, are you the person who needs help with youps package? I said, uh, yeah, I got I'm holding the package. Should have been the first clue, but I didn't say that. She says, do you mind if I scan it? I said, of course, I don't mind that. That's what I'm here for. If I have a problem with you scanning it, then I'm not getting my package dropped off. So she looks to me weird. I go, never mind, so mhm. She gives me the face like, uh, this guy's weird. Okay, So she then put the code in the scanning device, like her code. She logged in, and it must have read a question like when you put in your code. It must have had a screen A question come up on the screen and it's it's just just to me. Are you here to pick up or drop off that package?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: I said, well, I'm clearly dropping it off. How can I pick it up? I already have it? Duh? She says, oh, it's on the screen. I had to read you the question. I go, no, No, you didn't have to read me that question. I'm holding the box. What she's just so, would you like me to scan it? Yeah? Yeah, that's a good idea. Why don't you scan the package? I brought in here to be scanned. So she scans it and she say, would you like a receipt? I said yes, I'd like a receipt. She says, oh, I can't give you one. What. Yeah, it's not working. I can't give you a seat. But you just asked me can you email it to me? Now I'm having a problem with the Wi Fi. So why would you ask me if I wanted a receipt? If you can't give me a receipt? Wow, she says, Well, that's the question. It pops up on my thing. I have to ask you, God, but you knew that you couldn't give me one, So thankfully I didn't ask her what floor she was on, because you know. Then then I went to the post office same day, scary. I walk in and as an older gentleman. When I say older, he's maybe seventy seventy five, wasn't one hundred. And he's at the desk and he's leaving, and he had had a mail carrier shirt on my post office shirt. So he says to me, after you, sir, thank you for helping to pay my pension. So I said, sure, no problem, thank you for earning your pension. I said this assuming he was a postal worker and I was helping to support the postal service. He then went on scary out of nowhere on a ten minute story, asking me if I had ever seen one of two movies about the postal service. One was called Going Postal, which made me think about when postal employees used to shoot up the place. He's called going postal. Oh my god, is that where that by the way, is that where that term comes from? Going postal? Yeah, because in the nineties it was a rash of disgruntled postal workers going back to their their postal offices and shooting people. Oh god, you didn't really you didn't know where that came from. No, I had no idea. I know that was the argent of the word. All right, you know that the song going back to Cali's about going back to Cali? Right that I know? Okay. So, so he asked me if I have a start going postal. So I'm like getting a little nervous. Now, what is this guy? What's what's he alluding to here? So he didn't say he was in the movies or that he was involved in any way in the plot, he told me. Then he starts telling me, he's like, you really ought to see those movies. I'm like, okay, okay. Then he tells me his college degree and he used to be a lawyer and he defended cases and he never lost, but sometimes he had a compromise because half a loaf of bread is better than no bread. And then he went on to telling me his story about his career and I don't know.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: He said he was a union he didn't have any talents for union busters, and then he knew this guy who sued the post office and I'm like, oh my god, I just want to drop off my packages. Have you ever met someone like that or just like like just started talking and telling you stories that made no sense. Yes, we do that every day on this podcast. You're listening to it. No, I'm kidding. No, no, no. There have been times where it's like, what is going on? What is why are these people? Might have been an uber driver. They might have got me recently. Uber driver uber driver Uba. Yeah, they might have gotten me recently. But but I thought the guy was gonna shoot somebody like he was rambling on about union busting people and scams and yeah, these are the people that you meet at the post office. Yeah, I just I just wanted to drop off my mail. So you never know. Yeah, I don't. I avoid the post office at all costs. I don't. I don't go in there. I go into a post office like once every three years. Is that why you have me sell stuff for you? You don't want to go?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, I deal with it.
Speaker 2: No, I understand why, or I mean listen, don't You can go into a ups and FedEx. They they do pickups so rather than having to go to an old, decrepit building with disgruntled workers, such a such a place of negativity and toxic toxicity. You know what.
Speaker 3: It depends on the post office. Oh yeah, the one on there's one in Manhattan, the big one on Canal Street. Yeah, that place is. I mean the building itself in prison. It looks like a prison.
Speaker 2: It looks like a prison, but the building is. The building has old school architecture. It's over well over a century old. When you walk in, you feel like, wow, this was a place people would congregate. They would come here because a lot of business went down here. And and like they had like twenty windows and like eighteen of them were shuttered permanently. And then there's like just one disgruntled worker behind the window. What do you want next? And then and then then all the rest of the displays where you're supposed to pull out all the forms and things and the envelopes and crap is all over the fucking place. And there's alway is like some kind of straggler or shady person lurking that's not really online.
Speaker 3: It has no business being there telling stories about post office movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's all That's why I don't walk into them like I don't. I don't like going to places like that. It creeps me out, you know, places like uh, you know, the motor vehicle if I can avoid it, get me. I don't want to go here. I do not want to go here where you know the dregs of humanity are, you know, the just like I mean even the people that don't wear loubies. The bottom feeders of society, you know, is the society. You know what I'm talking about? If I try, people are wonderful and and you know, slices, you may be hearing this and be like, what are these guys talking about? I live in so and so town, you know, a New Jersey no No, or wherever, Pennsylvania or Florida, wherever you may be living. But guess what, y slices, you may be living in blank town, and you may have a pristine motive vehicle and a pristine post office. Thank you, lucky stars. Because the ones that are around the New York City, New Jersey area, a lot of them are shit, the garbage, garbage. But if you're listening to us in Nebraska right now, you may have like a friendly you know, Oh, how's the family, how's everything, mister mcpheley, Oh, things are great, that's from mister mc mister Rogers, didn't he deliver the mail? Mister mcphey Yeah, what a name? What a name for a children's shows?
Speaker 3: You do that? His name was mister mcpheey.
Speaker 2: Why how do you you have an infinite number of combinations of names to choose from and you choose mister mcpheeley for a child sixties?
Speaker 3: I guess they weren't thinking about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was Oh my god, I watched these seventies nineteen seventies, you know, infomercials and shows and uh these not even shows, they're like commercials or public service announces. Okay, they are zero Fox given on these things. They're like they're like, hey, what's the matter with Jimmy? Oh he's retarded? Like they're like, say it straight up?
Speaker 3: Like what like? But I guess it was acceptable at that point, so who you know, Yeah, well, lots of words works, you know what.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: What gets me though, so when you when you when you go on social media and people post things from the seventies, there's always those comments. That was back when you could be funny. Now, no one got offended by listen. Hey, hey, hey, don't make fun of my comments. Yeah, that was back when people who were offending people were offending people that didn't have the voice to stand up and say they were offended. That's the difference. They were still being offended, they just didn't have the wherewithal or the voice or the social media to say, hey, that's offensive to me. So we shipp on on on smaller groups of people, and they were like, but they weren't offended, you know what, they were probably offended, if I had to guess, probably dare no.
Speaker 2: But there are certain words that were just because who's to say that, Okay, I'm just gonna use the word retarded because it just came up, okay, just to analyze it.
Speaker 3: Who's to say that that word should now be off limits?
Speaker 2: Uh, in the context in the context of someone who is you know, you know, is suffering from something, you know, like like in the medical term. Okay, okay, I'm not talking about we calling your friends in school that is, you know, here's that Okay, I'm talking I'm talking specifically about that who who dictated and decided that that was a bad thing? Why can't it remain in its own con home, because why can't it remain in its own context of that's what that means.
Speaker 3: It's define this type of person with this type of condition. So the original word that word meant originally was things can be slowed. The progress is slowed, right, progress can be retarded. You can retard a progress of that. That's what I'm saying. So why can't it stick to that meaning? And that's it and not talking about erosion on a beach or something or movement of a glacier. Yes, the problem is not the word. The word retarded wasn't the problem. The problem was when people used it as a noun and called people retards, and people with medical conditions who were born possibly with certain challenges were being called that word. Even though you may call your friend, hey, what are you rue that? Right? Yeah, you meant, you meant. What you really meant was you are like those people that have a born disability. And so when nobody cared what those people felt, people were able to use the word. But the parents cared, the people cared who had those special challenges, and so as they got more of a voice in government and in the populace and in society, people were like you know what, we've been offending those people all this time, but we hurt. But we created that based on all of what you just said.
Speaker 2: In it's in its original form, the the this word means this condition, So why can't it be eighty years later and that word still refers to that condition without any prejudice.
Speaker 3: That's the word. That's the word because we use you use the word as a derogatory term. Let's say, let's say, and I'm really trying to understand this, and how in Paul put an easier term to understand. Let's say I call a girl you're such a just such a blonde that that's sort of hurtful for blondes. That's like saying you're so you're like a blonde. So if I say to somebody, you're the R word, and it's now become publicly associated with people boom with disabilities, I'm saying you are so not as bright as you could be, you are so less than that, you're like those people. That's why the.
Speaker 2: Society have has now come up with other you know, the these offshooting meanings.
Speaker 3: Its handicapped people call it it's ape.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, Now you can't say that you can't say you haven't been able to say that first disabled, But like that in baseball, the disabled list became the injured list.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's exactly where I'm going with this, even though even though there's because disabled me yeah, So the question is but why why? Because because our society has decided the world has decided to be kinder to people who are maybe considered less than by other people.
Speaker 2: But it's it's just a it's so, it's just a word. It's a bunch of letter are strung together that equate this. I'm just going this is very black and white, Okay.
Speaker 3: Why it's why you can call someone you could say fanny in America, but in England that's it's offensive because fanny means the sea will. But that's always been that's always been that. No, that's a point.
Speaker 2: It's a bad analogy. I'm talking about. Like what I'm saying, word scary. It's no different than Okay, I'm going to take it to an extreme. And again, this is the Brooklyn Boys comedy podcast in eighteen seventy. In eighteen forty, If you use the N word, you were using it towards people that had no voice in society. No but that was always derogatory from the beginning. That word was always hold on but scary.
Speaker 3: It was probably came up with because maybe because they were from Niger, Africa, whatever the case, or Nigro is black and many languages, right, so, and Nigro became what right of matter? But when you my point is, but why did that word become and offensive? It didn't become It always was, okay, but it became worse. And it became worse because those people, black people got a voice in society and decided that it shouldn't be commonplace on television, it shouldn't be commonplace right, No, in the workplace.
Speaker 2: No. But but here hear me out for a second. In my opinion, in eighteen forty, that was a derogatory word.
Speaker 3: It always was.
Speaker 2: And but what the comparison I'm making is like go back to disabled for a second. Okay, disabled, The word disabled is it was meant to mean this, this condition or whatever you and and it became over time. See you know what I'm saying, Like the N word was different. It always was a derogatory thing. I think it's a bad example. You need to take that away. I'm talking about words that like that were meant to mean what are associated with a thing? Why all of a sudden or over time that those words because eventually, like I understand how Indian style, like, we was sitting Indian style and then I say crisscross apple sauce because because you.
Speaker 3: Didn't find Indian style offensive, but the Indian people said, yes, yes, these faults in that other category. Disabled people don't want to be referred to as disabled. But there's a.
Speaker 2: Reason why, because because in the beginning they had no problem with that, they were okay with it, and it wasn't derogatory because.
Speaker 3: That was it was it was. There was a time this having the right to vote, There was a time when didn't have a problem not working. Society advances and moves and grows, and at some point disabled people may have been like, you know what, I don't want to be stigmatized with a word. I don't want to be I don't want to be pre judged as disabled. I don't know. I don't want to get too deep. I understand disabled person to I shouldn't refer to them as that, So I don't I see the thing. I don't think this.
Speaker 2: A person who is quote disabled is a offend by that. I think that that's that is something.
Speaker 3: What about the term, okay, homosexual is a definition of a type of person, right, people are born homosexuals, whatever the case, and then but if you call them homos, maybe in the seventies they weren't offended by that, But now if you see a guy at a bar, that's.
Speaker 2: Another one of those that falls into the other category. That was always that was always derogatory from the beginning. I'm talking about specific words like disabled. That was an excellent example, and we'll use the R word okay there that were meant to mean that this word equals.
Speaker 3: This caution became for him an insult. It became an insult when someone was born a certain way and medically declared that word. Oh your child is this word, right, that's fine, But if you start using it as an insult towards people that aren't born that way, then it's like, so, my child is an insult, So my child is so bad. So less than that, you're going to call people you don't like and say they're like my like my Jimmy. So you're calling somebody like as an insult my kid. It's like it's like I'm Jewish, Right, you call me a Jew? But when you use it as an insult, you're like, oh, yeah, what are you some what are you some fucking cheap jew? Now it's an insult. Right If you call people jew as an insult, then I take it as like that right.
Speaker 2: No, but now you can't say you can't say, oh, you can't say Brodie's a Jew. You can't say that. Yes, you can have a connotation by it.
Speaker 3: No, it doesn't. No, it's a different scary if you said Brodie's a Jew. Who cares if you said Brodie's a Jew? So now it's an inflection. It is in if I see myself on the street, I'm like, hey, what's up? Jew?
Speaker 2: This is all this, All this, the proceeding was really just an exploitory, exploratory conversation on why certain things.
Speaker 3: Is skinny offensive?
Speaker 2: It is it was always offensive, that it was always offensive, it was more offensive. Again, I'm specifically talking about words that were I'm going to go back to it again.
Speaker 3: I have to reiterate and underline and underscore.
Speaker 2: I'm specifically talking about words that we're equal to medical conditions or such that that now cannot be used because I.
Speaker 3: Think we try better, harder to say, to call and label people things that are less offensive or stigmatatic stigmatic, right, right, stigmatizing. Excuse me, I guess I'm trying to understand this. You know. Look, there's two types of people. There's the people will go yeah, you know, I can make that effort if I if I if these people are offended by it. And then there's people go fuck those people shouldn't be funded. Fuck up. So choose which camp you're in? How do we get on this topic? Will we aspire? You probably said something stupid, yeah, podcast, we will be right back.
Speaker 2: The stuff in your storage unit isn't worth seventy seven dollars a month. And I never ever go to look at the storage unit and try and take things out of it ever, so right, and I don't really there and you'll die and it'll be there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Storage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, storage companies they're raking it in, just like please, just like uh, just like health insurance companies, just raking the money in because because people have junk, they never get rid of the junk.
Speaker 3: They don't want to part with a junk.
Speaker 2: It's probably on their head and it's uh, they fit, they can't and they're like, you know, I'm just going to pay for a place to store my junk. By the way, Jerry Seinfeld did an amazing routine on this very bit. What we just sold, Yeah, yeah, yeah, not junk.
Speaker 3: So when I sold my house, my wife and I sold the house, we had more stuff that would fit here at the townhouse in the garage. So I said, I'm I'm gonna take a storage unit. It's not a big storage unit. It's I don't know, ten by twelve, twelve by twelve, it's you know whatever. So I booked it online and it said online discounted price seventy nine dollars a month. So I'm like, all right, I'll keep the storage unit for a few months till you know, everything's settled in and we donate stuff, we sell stuff, we'll make room for the stuff in the unit, and we'll bring it here, we'll put it in the garage. Well, after two months seventy nine dollars, they send me an email that my unit is now going up to one fifty eight a month, which is just about double. Oh my god. So I said no, So I called up, I go whoa, whoa, whoa, you can't double my rent. I didn't take a promotional price. There was nothing that said this is a two month only promotional price. I never would have taken a unit for one hundred and fifty eight dollars. So I was, well, that's a promotional price. That's not what it's said online. I have a screenshot of it, which I did because I screenshoted it as I was shopping, so I remember all of the places I was looking at and I could compare all the pricing. Wow, there's nothing I can do. That's the price. I said, no, no, no, I said, I will gladly move my stuff to another storage unit as of the end of the month. That's bullshit. So he says, oh, well, let me see what I can do. I can bring it down a one twenty five. I got one twenty five. I'm paying seventy nine dollars. No, that's that's not ect. That's babe and Switch. I said, look, you're not dealing with somebody who's like a pats who's going to take this bullshit. I have a contract with you for seventy nine dollars. He says, yeah, but it says written there the price can go up with one month's notice. I said, yeah, after like a year, not after two months. Wow. So I said, I got to talk to a supervisor, regional person. Get me on the phone with somebody else. So I get the regional person calls me a few days later. By the way, was this a big company or is this like a mama Yeah, that's a very big company. No, I don't go to mama pops. I go for the big ones with the big kind of prices. What scams. So the guy says to me, look, I'm sorry for the confusion. I could do ninety five. I said, wait a second. First, I'm paying seventy nine. Then you jack me up to one fifty eight, which is out of control. Then the guy tells me, yeah, I could do one twenty five. Now you're telling me you can do ninety five. Can we please get me back to seventy nine dollars? Can we make it up nonumbers? At this point?
Speaker 2: Right, they're just like they just make it up numbers. It's arbitrary, right, arbitrary. You're making it one twenty five? Will give you what do you think about?
Speaker 1: Dollars?
Speaker 3: Just work for you? No, it doesn't work for me. I'll tell you what I'll do I'll drop it to eighty six dollars, but i'll lock you in for for a year. Huh. So I said, so for seven dollars more a month, I'm locked in. There could be no price hikes. I said, I want that in writing. He said, all right. So he sent me an email, you know, confirming my eighty six dollars. But scary slices one hundred and fifty eight dollars they tried to charge me. And how many people scary do you think?
Speaker 2: Go?
Speaker 3: All right, I put up with it quite a bit. They're not they're not a capacity. They've got plenty of empty units. If they lose me, they get zero a month. They want to double their profits. Yeah, I go. He is, well, we got a lot of empty units. I go, that's not my problem.
Speaker 2: How would you like one more empty unit? I go, so and sew up the road with the red windows, with the red gates. They're charging eighty six. So the guy was like, I'm match eighty six and I'll lock you in. I go, I want to see it in writing. Im at eighty six.
Speaker 3: But I gotta tell you, I'm trying my best to get rid of this fucking storage unit. I'm like constantly trying to sell stuff and combined stuff donate stuff.
Speaker 2: That would be pretty wise. Actually, I should probably do the same. I should probably go down there.
Speaker 3: You're paying for what stuff you're never gonna touch again. Yeah, back to the Seinfeld bit. Just junk.
Speaker 2: Just we're just moving junk. Life is just accumulating and moving junk around and paying for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, slices, I want you to leave us a talk back. How much are you paying more than me? And scary for you have storage unit for shit that you don't haven't seen in the years and.
Speaker 2: Then you will never see ever and you don't care about right? And is your spouse giving you shit for it? Because I'm definitely gonna get shipped for it after a certain amount of months, you know. Yeah, Well, because it's all my stuff there, because all you know, none of her stuff is is in the storage unit, So.
Speaker 3: All my stuff. How'd that work out?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 3: How about that? How about that? How about that? People will fuck you if you let them. That's my point. Oh, bring it on. You just want to get It's like, I just want to get fucked. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, I teased last time that we brodie and I have a friend. Oh, I'm going to make people upsets an hr nightmare. I don't know how this company got away with doing this, but we were a friend who works in our industry in Los Angeles, and he has been doing let's be clear, not our company, not our company, no, right, a different big radio company. Yes, he's been working on this radio company on the news station for years and years.
Speaker 3: And that's eleven twelve years, right, yes, yeah, and this guy does the traffic reports and is employed by that company. So just explain what that means. Scary the traffic reports, Well, so so trure they do that.
Speaker 2: They every every ten minutes, they record a traffic report and then they they play.
Speaker 3: It, you know, and they're not part of the morning show, but now show in the sense that they're the official morning show five traffic person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they've you know, they were five hours, six hours a day and every ten minutes spent out another traffic report.
Speaker 3: Well, and a lot of times they're working from home, right, or a centralized they don't work in the radio station where you work. Yeah, this person he.
Speaker 2: Worked in the past, tense because he got fired ye from home and yeah, so it was midway through his shift on like a Tuesday morning, and he basically gets a call from I guess corporate HR and says, hey, Harry, yeah, how you doing awesome? Listen, we're downsizing making some cuts here and you've been laid off. And then Harry says, whoaa, whoa. Not only was he hey, by the way, you know, I'm in the middle of the shift right now, right right?
Speaker 3: Hit another hour?
Speaker 2: Right, another another two hours to go, two hours okay here, oh okay, yeah, well, uh you know something just oh we didn't know that. Just listen, be professional and finish your shift.
Speaker 3: But he looked up. He still had.
Speaker 2: Another seven traffic reports to file for the radio station and Harry Harry, so he.
Speaker 3: Was let go.
Speaker 2: Now they have a sixty second phone call. You'll be hearing from HR with your package. You're goodbye package, see you later. Uh uh, but you have another two hours on the air, so be professional, finish your shift.
Speaker 3: Click now traffic reports. So I'm gonna let you and behind the scenes, traffic reports are a great way to have a sponsor. Yes, right, So a lot of times you'll hear the track and there's a two hour back up at the bridge that was brought to you by a mattress firm, the mattress professionals. Right, they did the traffic reports so they could add a sponsor at the end. Erica runs Duncan or whatever the slogan is, so slices. He's what I want to ask you. This is another talk back. This is your homework assignment. This is the big one. Number one, would you curse them out and say fuck it, I'm not finishing the show. Number two? Would you finish the show and be professional? Or three? Would you finish the show and be unprofessional? Sabotage the place? And two hour backup when there's no backup? S like there's no backup, there's no backup at the bridge, or created create havoc on roadways that there never are. Right, And this this is brought to you by Dunkin Donuts. They fucking suck.
Speaker 2: American run. American runs on Duncan. America gives you the runs. I'm dunk right, okay, folks. He brought to you by donuts that make you fat, fat people, Donuts bump to you, bringing you the.
Speaker 3: Traffick a point, So what does do you do? Because I'm thinking for the scary, what would you have done?
Speaker 2: You want to probably finished professional, Yes, because I don't want to burn a bridge.
Speaker 3: I'm be going to which there's a two hour backup and done. The bridge is burning, the bridge is on Firefolks, don't go there. Head to the bridge, don't end to the bridge. Head to the toll that just opened up another lane that doesn't exist. The full sight is open.
Speaker 2: I would I would stay professional because in my mind I didn't do anything wrong. They're downsizing. I'm rehirable. I don't want to fuck with this company in case I need a job here in the future. So that's my mindset. But I just want to pull back. Well, first of all, what would you do? Well, I'm to see me. I'm a wise ass. I want to be professional. But also I'd be like, hey, it is a.
Speaker 3: Half hour delay getting out of the city in the Lincoln Tunnel, which is where I'll be in about twenty minutes, because I just got laid off. Yeah, I would, I would say something if so.
Speaker 2: He ended up disgruntally finishing his shift, and the last few reports like he was grumpy.
Speaker 3: Or he was like he did it.
Speaker 2: He did it anyway. Gradually he didn't be grudgingly, So that's the word I was looking for. He'd begrudgingly finished the shift professionally, but sounded somber and a little more, you know, a little weird.
Speaker 3: In the last found on the Parkway. You've got shifts. You can tell there was something wrong in his personal life. If you're on your way to work on the term Pike, good feel you still have a job. Half our delays?
Speaker 1: So what?
Speaker 2: But what I don't understand is what a fucked up company? That's what I'm saying. That's what I'm saying, is this company.
Speaker 3: No, he was on the air. There's no clue. There's no clue he was on the air. He was on the list. I gotta call Harry. I don't care what time it is. At eight o'clock in the morning, he won't constantly be doing this early that radio.
Speaker 2: It's weird, man, it's weird. And it's like, and what kind of a piece of shit company does that? That That basically says we don't value you anything.
Speaker 3: We we don't even know what your role is. That you might be on the radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we're gonna ask you, Yeah, could you stay too long?
Speaker 3: It's tasteake stay too more hour? We'll pay you for those two hours. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this reminds me of the time that New York Met Wilmer Flores was in the middle of a game and on the field news had broke in the dugout and in the stands online that he had been traded from the Mets.
Speaker 3: He is in the Mets universe.
Speaker 2: So at the end of that game, that the end part of the game, seventh inning, he was crying on the field. Well, hold on, at the end of the game, he will have been traded to a different team. But what the Mets were essentially asking him where to do was what they asked this traffic employee to do for that radio company. Finished the game, and what ended up happening, Brody, as you were about to say, he hell, news traveled, and obviously when he got back to the dugout for the half inning.
Speaker 3: Tom told crying, hey, look, you've been traded. We don't know, they said, we don't know. It's it's possible. He's to go back out and play.
Speaker 2: But the people in the stands have fucking cell phones. They're getting the news real time. So all kinds of some crazy, weird dynas he became.
Speaker 3: But the best part of that story scary is that the guy that one of the guys who was being traded for Carlos Gomez, ended up having a medical issue that the Mets thought was was no good, so they called off the trade. And then the next night they lost, and then the next game Wilma Flores hit the game winning home run and it was like it was a Hollywood ending. It was tremendous, tremendous. But yeah, he got he got sort of trade in the middle of the game. You know, there was one guy because this has happened before in baseball, where people have been traded during the game to the other team and they go in the locker room and change jerseys. Shut up. In fact, it happened this year. It's never happened before. But I'm gonna get the details. Maybe slightly wrong, but so forgive me if I'm off on the teams the Red Sox were playing. Let's say the Cleveland Indians. Okay, I know the Red Sox were involved. You don't have to tweet me, guys, and the game was was right, that's offensive. I'm sorry. The Guardians A yeah, yeah, okay, there's an example for Okay.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 3: He was traded to the other team, but the game, so the game was rained out in April, right, it was rain delayed, so the game got paused when they when they scheduled the game to be replayed. He's now on the other team, and now he's catching for the other team. So he he played and got a hit, I believe, for both teams in the same game. Why and again I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but ultimately that's what happened. He got traded in the in a suspended game, and when they redid the when they went to finish the game played the end of the game, he was now playing for the other team. So he played for both teams in the same game. And there's something like he got to either he was catching or he was at he was at bat for one of the teams, whatever the case. Uh, he played for both teams within the same game. League technically, Wow, he can't make people have been traded in the middle of double headers. They played the first game of one team get traded to other camp. Make this they get a uniform. Can't make it now it happens.
Speaker 2: But this guy, poor Harry, not his real name, but Harry got Harry shit canned in the middle of his shift.
Speaker 3: Hope you find just let us know exactly I'm running on fumes, Brodie, I don't know. Did you stink from last night?
Speaker 2: No, I it's you know, yesterday was our big event, jingle Ball, so I was I was, you know, I was up late and here we are on a Saturday. I don't think I think this is a Brooklyn Boys first recording the podcast on a Saturday. Oh, we've never done that before, but we're running the I think we have. So should I tell the story about my daughter?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Of course. So my daughter went to jingle Ball last night with a friend of hers and they had they had good seats, but like the in the one hundred section, which is the first level off the floor. So I said, oh, you got good seat, right. I said, that's a good section you're in. She says, yeah, it's good access to the floor. I can get to the floor. Now, my daughter always ends up in the floor. She somehow finds a way to get to the floor seats. She's my kid, she finds a way. So she texted me mission accomplished. I'm in. I'm in the I'm in the I'm in the pit. I'm in I'm in, I'm in the floor seat area, like, okay, great, she's like yep, I became friends with the security guards. She got in Okay, how does she? I don't know. She's funny and cute and she got found away and don't is is she hot? Scary? Go fuck yourself? I know I'm asking is she hot? These days? How the hell you get past garden security? Question? What kind of question is that? How the way he talks to me? How do you get that? Hold on? Hold on slices? I'm talking to the parents who have daughters right now? How do you answer that question? If I say no, she's not hot, she's gonna get mad at me. And if I say she is hot, that's sick. I can't answer that question. I just wow, check mate? How great is that? You can't answer that? Because's like when did you stop beating your wife? You can't answer your question? Well, listen to me. You know the reason why I ask. And again, this is all hypothetic. You take the take the parent part out of it, take the fact that your moves her. No, I can't pretend my teenage daughter is hot because I'm pretendial.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, she's of age though she's in college, right, I haven't seen her in years. So the reason why I asked, you don't you don't have to answer.
Speaker 3: But my daughter is is uh fine, I don't mean fine. I'm fine. My daughter is pretty Okay, don't ask me if she's so. So there you go. That answers my question. Is your daughter a piece of asked?
Speaker 2: Let me know. No, I'm alm only asking because you want to follow her on instead. No, No, I'm just saying for the context of the story, you say, no, she got down there with the guard with the guard because to me, those guards are like iron clad.
Speaker 3: You can't get past them. So how the hell does she schmooze? I don't know. My mother is in the front, she has the tickets. Whatever she did, the point is she got in the front. Okay. So she texts me, I'm in, I'm in the orchestra, I'm close, I'm I'm having a great time. Thank you again for the tickets whatever, I said. Okay. So she calls me last night after the show at midnight whatever it was shown her way back to school. I said, how was the show? It was great? Thanks again, she said, I saw Elvis. I said, really, yeah, she says, yeah, my friend wanted to get a picture with Elvis. She saw him and he said, oh, let's go get a picture with Elvis. And she's like, don't you want to picture with Elvis? And my daughter's like, no, I know, my whole life. It's like he's just like family at this point. Whatever. So I said, so you were you were so close to the stage that you were by where Elvis sits and and and his husband and his friends. She's no, no, no, no. I was in the front row. Elvis was three rows behind me.
Speaker 2: Now, Elvis would tell you the front row is not the greatest because he's too close.
Speaker 3: Fourth throws where it's yeah, no, I've been in the front row. Sometimes people leave or they or they moved to the center and they leave their seats open. Yeah. Personally, I don't like the front row. I like the fourth of the fourth row. No, I like the first. It depends on who the artist is. If it's a band that stays towards the back, the front row is not great. But I'll give you for instance, twenty eighteen, maybe it was the year that Taylor Swift's birthday was the same night as jingle Ball.
Speaker 2: Which was last night as well, December thirteenth. It fell on her Birthday's your favorite numbers The thirteenth, right, fell on her birthday. Ya a number of years ago. Jingle Ball was on her birthday. We got her cake she had backstage. Anyway, she came out. It was the year she wore like a red tartan plaid top and bottom two piece. Hey, carefully throw that tart word around, you know, people offended, not tard tartan. Oh sorry, your tart anyway, So Taylor came right up to the edge of the stage and sings to the people in the first couple of rows. So I had my daughters with me in the front row because again we moved up because no one was there, and we were like two feet away from Taylor's feet.
Speaker 3: We look right up at our So that was fine. Front row is fine if they come to the edge, if they come close to the edge, thank you, yes, hio. So yeah, anyway, So she had better seats by the end of the night than Elviston h and uh yeah.
Speaker 2: Gracie Abrams performed. Gracie opened for Taylor Swift on Taylor's tour. At some point night, Alow with fever Bridges I got. I was on a Phoebe Bridges.
Speaker 3: Feeb. You and I went to the same shab Bridges. We were at the same baby buggy bumpers. But uh, I will tell you.
Speaker 2: After so brody, you weren't there last night after seeing or was I Abrams perform last night? No, the way she's the way she performs, Uh, the way she sings, and the way the audience sings loudly, all in chorus, all together with her as going through every lyric of every one of her songs. She don't finish my sentences. She is the second coming of Taylor Swift. She will be there one day. She is She's she's Taylor Swift in the making. She is the next Taylor Swift. In maybe a few years, it's gonna be.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm not gonna the next Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: No, no hold on Sabrina too. The way and I and I say this, and the chapel roanes of the world, it's how.
Speaker 3: Many chaperones are that when people say of the world, there's not other chapel roons.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is when you get when you get an audience screaming every word passionately to every song in chorus right back with the artist the way that it happens. And on the Ears tour, if you've had if you guys have been to the Taylor Swift one of the one of her shows, it.
Speaker 3: Happens at every show.
Speaker 2: You don't see that with very many artists at all, In fact, none so so the Gracie Abrams effect. That the Taylor Swift effect was in full effect when Gracy Abrams performed last night. I'm just saying, And on the Sabrina Tour, on her Sweet Sour Tour, her Short and Sweet Tour, So.
Speaker 3: Can these are gonna be?
Speaker 2: You don't go to enough concerts, Dude, every concert I go to, you stick to fans sing along.
Speaker 3: What concents are you going to?
Speaker 2: I go to heavy metal shows they do like you know, like you go to Motley cru When they do Home Sweet Home, they bringing levels down and everybody sings on certain listen to me on certain hold on swift on certain songs, hold up. Certain songs are anthems. Everyone's singing living on a prayer. Everybody's going crazy. They're doing the words. But I'm talking about every note, every word to every song, Sir, you don't see that as often you don't think they were all singing runaway and and while they what certain songs, but out of all of them.
Speaker 3: You give love a bad name.
Speaker 2: Better roses a lot of songs. Most songs and artists are performing. They the audience is not singing along to every word to every song. Certain songs are anthems, yes, but not all songs were.
Speaker 3: My rockers slices, I want you to leave us when you go to a rock fucking I sing every word that's you as a talkback. You sing when you go to a concert, or you do air guitar, one of the other. But see Scary goes to DM shows. So when they when they play, he goes. It's along with the beat. He can't sing. There's no lyrics. Regardless of how you feel. I'm telling you, mark my words, mark the words talk.
Speaker 2: Get your Gracie Abrams tickets now while you can still afford them, and while you can maybe get it. I mean she's selling out shows like crazy. The tickets are hard enough to get right now, as it is.
Speaker 3: The beauty, the beauty of jingle ball the slices. Here's another assignment. You can do this on your own. Google the lineup for you, one hundreds jingle Ball every year. Every year, look at twenty fifteen's jingle Ball lineup. People would die in and go see them.
Speaker 2: They're all the next biggest stars, and then see how many of them were actually stars A lot until someone has three, four or five big albums.
Speaker 3: Don't tell me they're gonna be the next Taylor Swift. Don't tell me they're gonna be the next big thing because every year, I'm telling you, look at the lineup from jingle Ball last night, and I love the guy. But do you think Shaboozy is gonna have none? But he's not part of this conversation. See what I'm saying, Well, you did it right there. All the time. You bring people into the conversation that I never even fucking mentioned. So he's got nothing to doing. Is what I'm saying is you can look at the biggest acts of jingle Ball every year, the big ones, not people that big ones. Okay, some of them don't continue. I never said one of them was a star. But let's go back to the Begtail Swift, everybody thirty three.
Speaker 2: All I said was Gracie Abrams Abrams, yep, get Gracie Abrams is the new Taylor Swift, mark my words.
Speaker 3: In a few years. Yes, Chapel Roane is going to be on that level.
Speaker 2: And as I said in a previous episode of The Book and Boys podcast Sabrina Carpenter, They're all on that trajectory.
Speaker 3: They are.
Speaker 2: But I'm not saying I didn't mention Shaboozie. I didn't mention you know, any of these other artists that performed last night.
Speaker 3: I didn't bring up Shaboozie as a director. I'm saying people are excited about Shaboozi now. People are excited about Gracie Abrams, right.
Speaker 2: But I'm making the distinction that, yes, they they're excited now, but they will be excited in the future based on what I.
Speaker 3: Saw last night. Gracie is very talented. I hope she does very well. But you gotta stop making everybody the next Tailors.
Speaker 2: Girls are passionate about her. Do you know how many Next Beatles there were? Oh, they're the next Beatles, They're the next Beatles. It doesn't happen that often. The next Michael Jackson, when the next Prince. It's not The lyrics are relatable and she I'm telling you but she's got to be able to grow with her audience and release relative relevant, relatable lyrics every year, for year after year, off the year.
Speaker 3: Dude, Taylor Swift's been doing this since two thousand and eight. All right, that's all. I wish Gracey Abrams the best of luck. But you get it, you got you jump on these bandwagons awfully fast, because I know I know what. I know what I saw last night at the garden. I know what I saw. Okay, gun to your head, slices. We're recording this in a year from now. Who's bigger, Serena Carpenter Gracey Abrams two years from now? All right, No, I'm asking who's bigger of the two of them, Sabrina. Interesting boys, boys,