Speaker 1: High endy. What's going on?
Speaker 2: Okay, live from the Farmland Fresh Dairy studios.
Speaker 3: This is Serial Killers.
Speaker 1: There we go, this is cereals.
Speaker 2: I'm just looking at people who are walking past the studios. There's been a lot of visitors, like a lot of visitors.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, it truly is a fish bowl.
Speaker 3: A fish bowl.
Speaker 1: Because there's big giant windows that.
Speaker 3: They were supposed to a screen on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and people just walk by and they stare yep, because we're animals at a zoo.
Speaker 2: It's mostly just salespeople being like this is the Double Woods show. Yeah, it appeals to this demographic. That's why I should give us all your buddy, Well.
Speaker 1: Listen, that's exactly what goes on us. No, no, no, no, no show that we work with. They're not looking through our glass, looking through that glass.
Speaker 2: Can you actually push the screen up a little bit, just to tad, just to tet the screen.
Speaker 3: There you go, great, Like, yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get started. I'm very excited.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: It kind of pains me that we recorded a couple of episodes yesterday because this one should have been on way earlier.
Speaker 3: Wow, this is a brand new serial.
Speaker 1: As of recording. It's not even out yet. Wow, but our buddy Matt stumbled upon a box and sent it to us. And it's insane because until two or three days ago, didn't even know it was a thing.
Speaker 3: Wow. But it's out because General laid on your cereal.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well General Mills sent me the release a couple of days, you know, So anyway, dude, let's just get right to it. Dude, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, new Waffle Cereal.
Speaker 2: I'm very excited for this one. Cinnamon Waffles. This is so exciting.
Speaker 1: It is. Yeah, it's like it's gonna be like your waffle Crisp. I know, another company, but so but with cinnamon toast crunch, cinnadust on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm very excited for this one. This one's gonna taste delicious.
Speaker 1: I've been shaking for hours, shaking. Yes, you're quaking. Yes, the kids would say, I Matt sent you. Oh do you remember Quisp and quake Quis?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I do.
Speaker 2: Quisp is the one that's like rice and corn.
Speaker 3: You loved Quisp. I do what color was the box? Blue?
Speaker 1: And who was on it? Come on, Cisp was what the.
Speaker 3: Great kazoo close?
Speaker 1: He was a little alien.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look at you.
Speaker 1: And who was Quake? That was the big competition back in the seventies. Quisp and Quake. They fought, they fought it out in the commercials a pirate and ultimately quit. No, he was.
Speaker 3: He was like a hard construction construction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Quake Craake. Ultimately Quisp won the battle.
Speaker 3: Oh thank god.
Speaker 1: It was. It was like one of those things you'd send postcards in and it was of like a voting thing.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, big deal. These look delicious. They're gonna taste delicious.
Speaker 1: It's here because you know what, they smell a little bit mapley, which is awkward.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm very excited for this one, are you? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Now, yes, I'm excited to eat this brand new cereal Scott Do you need me to sit here?
Speaker 3: Go?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes, that's it. Yes, finally you care about sir? Oh you dumped it?
Speaker 3: Whatever, idiot.
Speaker 1: Back to the form the fresh dairy's fridge. We're gonna do two percent reduced fat milk. Great in the jug, the big gallon jug.
Speaker 3: The jug.
Speaker 1: Love it. I like that word jug, Like is this a jug or a container? It's a jug, right, this is a jug. No container would be the cardboard one. The jug is the big plastic guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know it seems like you're talking to yourself and I'm just so long for.
Speaker 3: The ride here.
Speaker 1: Isn't that always the way in here we go? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Because you say so much intellectual things.
Speaker 3: M I like the word jug.
Speaker 1: It's I don't really even taste any cinnamon toast crunchy.
Speaker 3: Wow, what do you mean? Wow?
Speaker 1: Really, this is in a bond of cereal. It is the closest it's ever come. This is a revelation. You know, cinema cereal exists, right, you.
Speaker 3: Know it exists in like the snack packs.
Speaker 1: Right. No, no, no, there's boxes and suits in the cereal aisle. Justy. I remember we had it.
Speaker 3: It didn't taste the same.
Speaker 2: Okay, this tastes as close to what I remember from two thousand and five when I would eat it and it tastes delicious.
Speaker 1: The only piece that I liked was the one that was heavily coated. I don't think there's enough cinnamon toast crunch cinnadust on this.
Speaker 2: The flavor on the A plus, I love it a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you give it?
Speaker 3: By balls?
Speaker 1: Because guess what I'm sorry to say. I'm teetering between two balls and a spoon and three. I don't love this because I don't taste the cinnamon toast crunch. I don't taste it. I taste a maple waffle is what I taste.
Speaker 3: So well, yeah, you just said it.
Speaker 2: Why it doesn't taste like cinnamon toast crun.
Speaker 1: But it's supposed to. There's supposed to be cinnamon toast crunch, Cinnadess.
Speaker 3: Cinnamon toast dust on a waffle.
Speaker 1: But it's not a maple waffle.
Speaker 2: The waffle is. It's implied that it would be.
Speaker 1: Why is there an implication that does automatically s waffle.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't just put cinnamon. Even eggo waffles with the cinnamon.
Speaker 3: The mini ones loved those.
Speaker 1: There are some people that don't just automatically put syrup on waffles.
Speaker 2: There's even syrup on the box, but.
Speaker 1: It doesn't say flavored like syrup because they're not supposed to.
Speaker 3: It's a waffle. It's implied.
Speaker 1: It shouldn't be implied.
Speaker 2: It's like you're just getting too critical with it.
Speaker 1: I don't like cheese on every sandwich, and people just put cheese on. They just assume that you want it.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that's when you should just make it known that that's not what you want anyway. Three balls, okay, cool, five balls from me. This is delicious. This is incredible early runner for cereal of the year for me.
Speaker 1: Shut the front door? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Delicious?
Speaker 1: Goodbye? That's that was very over. That was a lot.
Speaker 3: That is delicious.
Speaker 2: That is that is a great cereal. I think it's gonna get a lot of fans. I think that's gonna be a big cereal for them.
Speaker 1: Okay, yo, bro.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 1: Well look it's got nineties box art right cool? This is Ghost Okay, now I apologize, but my old brain can't remember whether the company reached out to me or if a listener actually sent me this, because it came from like it was ordered from like the Ghost Cereal company. So we got we got this, which is the marshmallow one, and we got peanut butter. So we're gonna do the marshmallow one today. This is a new protein cereal excellent source approach.
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Legendary flavor?
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Seventeen grams of protein?
Speaker 3: What does protein cereal mean?
Speaker 1: Protein? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, but like muscles no, but like what like the what is the niche like you know, with like a healthier one when they're like it's vegan.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you go before before you go do a workout, you proteins a workout? Sure, work it out. Okay, Yeah, good source of Calci look.
Speaker 2: It up and it says it right here. What literally says it right here? What ghost protein cereal? Eat it in a bowl on the go or in a legend bowl? Oh, a legend bowl is like a crunch cup. Yeh, it's sourced legendary flavors.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Legendary means that it's like known, right, legendary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess this.
Speaker 1: Hasn't been around that long. Yeah, it's hard to shake because this is actually fully full. Look, it's full to the brim. It's full to the brim. Okay, thank you with the rich taste of brim. Remember that, dude, you don't remember any episode? Do you remember nothing we talked about it? That was instant coffee back in the seventies and eighties. Brim.
Speaker 2: Of course, remember anything that I've spoken about about the nineties or two thousands, Yes, like Boy Meets World Cool, never spoke about that, but sure.
Speaker 1: Topanga yeah, okay, all right, so they they're about the size of I don't know, kicks, right, yeah, but couldn't be kicks because different companies. There's not a ton of marshmallows in here.
Speaker 3: This smells weird. I don't like that.
Speaker 1: Hold on a second, okay, General Mills. Oh wow, General Mills distributed by General Mills, Inc. Wow, it's okay. So this is a General Mills cereal. So they're doing like the I don't know, but why don't The thing is, though, why don't they proudly display the GM. Why don't they proudly display it? The big G?
Speaker 2: The Big G nowadays don't want to Like gen Z probably doesn't want to know it's a General Mills product because then they'll look back into like the product's history and be like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: They supported the product that used animals on it. We're going to cancel them just the thought.
Speaker 1: Or they're just like big corporate. We don't want to eat big corporate.
Speaker 3: So if you hide it, you're fine. All right.
Speaker 1: So it's General Mills. Ghost Cereal have not seen this in the stores. This was shipped to us, So here we go. Marshmallows are nice. It's an interesting plav It's not bad, but it has the same consistency. The pieces have the same consistency as the best behavior cereal that we had last week. Right, Yeah, where the sweetened.
Speaker 2: With milk, protein concentrate, sodium cassonate, soy protein isolate, canola oil, way carbon. Right, what's all so natural and artificial sucrolos rosemary extract.
Speaker 1: But what we've had that before? What is it that makes it that consistency? No idea, the packing, peanut consistency.
Speaker 2: Corn starch, corn syrup. Yeah, there is no monk fruit, which I'm surprised by. But I don't like it.
Speaker 1: It's not bad, but it's got that same It's not for me. It's got the same weird in your mouth. I just don't like the way it feels.
Speaker 2: It kind of seats like cotton candy in a way that yeah.
Speaker 1: Like the stale cotton candy in a bag, like weirdly dissolves in your mouth. I'm gonna give it three balls because I am not I'm going to give this two balls. Okay, it's decent. It's decent, but it has that texture and I don't know what it is. Not it really I want to do the puzzle on the back. I really do look at that. You think we can do that maze.
Speaker 3: Bro with the skateboard, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the milk carton radical.
Speaker 3: Totally tubular.
Speaker 1: All right, listen, we're gonna be back right after this, moving to the country. I don't eat a lot of peaches. It's been a minute and we're back.
Speaker 3: This is just your world and I live in it.
Speaker 1: That's good. That's a good thing, is it? Yes?
Speaker 3: It's hell.
Speaker 1: What a wonderful world, Andrew, what a wonderful world.
Speaker 3: You don't know him? I have no was it your time?
Speaker 1: I have no idea where the cereal came from. It was in a pile of trash underneath the desks.
Speaker 3: Okay, no what.
Speaker 2: My parents brought this back from Ecuador because they just went to the Galapagos Islands. And thank you so much, mom and dad. I'm happy that we're actually doing your cereal within the week that you brought it back. With all the other nice things that people bring from us. You spoke over the I don't care because I'm talking about the cereal that my mom and dad brought us, So be nice.
Speaker 1: So this is Paula. It's an Endean cereal. It's King Wash cereal, and it's cinnamon, product of Ecuador from the middle of the world. I didn't know Ecuador was in the middle of the world and has just four ingredients. What are they?
Speaker 3: They're not good?
Speaker 1: Rice, quinoa, panella and cinnamon. What's panella?
Speaker 3: I don't know? All right, I might say it on the back?
Speaker 1: Now is that five fifteen Ecuadorian dollars? I guess, I guess, so yeah, yeah, all right, chop chop.
Speaker 3: It's a really chop chop.
Speaker 2: We gotta get this one done because guess what that brought this one.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you a thesis.
Speaker 2: I want a.
Speaker 3: Cinnamon toast crunch when I was a boy.
Speaker 2: Oh, let me tell you more about it. Here's some fun facts about it. Oh, here's Andy's Let's just do it. Get it over with, all right, Back to me and what I have to say because this is my show and I'm the only thing that matters on this show.
Speaker 1: Can you please? It says on the side what panella is? Can you can? Can? I see Jesus h God. Traditional unrefined sugar from the Andean culture provides natural energy and physical resistance. Oh, I like the foil bag it's nice. Okay, Uh yeah, I don't know what that smell is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, yeah, we go?
Speaker 1: Oh no, yeah, I mean they look like tiny little churo bites, is what they look like.
Speaker 2: Right, A little opposed to that smell, they look like little.
Speaker 1: Fried churros circles with cinnamon on them. So you know what, Andrew, I am optimistic about this. Whipalla cereal here.
Speaker 3: Oh goodness.
Speaker 2: Every meal that you consume influence is the way that you feel one way or another. So the healthier foods you choose, the healthier you will feel.
Speaker 3: For the Andean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so culture, food.
Speaker 2: Was considered sacred. We believe it is through food that we can reconnect with the Pacha mama mother Earth.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should call cowface pacha mama.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I like that me too.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Form fresh areas two percent low fat milk or reduced fat. So sorry, reduced fat milk. You're ready? Here we go, because there's a difference between low fat and reduced fat. You know that, right? You know that? Andy?
Speaker 3: No, it's funny. This is literally just a sticker.
Speaker 1: I know they covered up. They covered the ingredients is literally I know. No, I think it's because they covered a different language. Don't do that ready, Why is this going to go in your shelf of.
Speaker 4: Does it smell like it? Does it taste like it smells? It's very weird. I don't like this at all. You could definitely taste the quene wah and some other strange flavor. I don't taste any cinnamon. Whoever, it's very earthy.
Speaker 2: Because this is probably the earthiest cereal we've ever had.
Speaker 1: It's not good.
Speaker 3: It almost tastes like someone scooped up dirt.
Speaker 1: Is this mine? Because I need to mask it? This is my.
Speaker 3: Eh Ah, I give that a bowl.
Speaker 1: I'm going to give it a spoon.
Speaker 3: That is something you shore a bawl. Yeah, I didn't spend a.
Speaker 2: Very weird smell afterwards. Like this feels like if I were at a wellness retreat.
Speaker 3: Huh, they'd be like, here, have some of this. It's from Pacha Mama.
Speaker 1: So like at the original Kellogg Sanitarium back in the day.
Speaker 2: Yes, like at that Kellogg Sanitarium from back in the day episode six we mentioned it, remember something?
Speaker 1: It was actually seven, Okay, but yeah.
Speaker 2: It feels like they would hand this to me in a bowl. Yeah, and you'd be like, oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: This is what I get through.
Speaker 1: Some swami or something like Saint prayers on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would literally lose probably five hundred pounds if I only could eat that.
Speaker 3: All right, Well that was not very good, not good things. Mom.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you getting it bad so much. You're very thoughtful.
Speaker 3: Yes, sorry, we hated your cereal, but that is something.
Speaker 1: And our friend, our friend Melissa was on the show today. She had sent us that Wegman cereal a couple of months back, and she's in Milan right now and she's picking us up. Some Italian cereals love that it is Italy, right, yeah, all right, anyway, thank you for listening to Serial Killers. Please follow us on all our socials at serial Killers PC for the latest breaking cereal news.
Speaker 2: Well unless Scott doesn't know about it like he did with the waffles.
Speaker 3: We love you guys. Thank you so much for.
Speaker 1: As soon as I found out about it, I posted it.
Speaker 3: I posted it.
Speaker 2: You learn about life, just pour the milk. Probably knew about it way before.
Speaker 1: Us, I don't think so. And the fruity Cheerios also the new two point zero oh fruity Cheerios two.
Speaker 3: Point oh yeah they should just give it up. It's not gonna work.
Speaker 1: I love fruity cheerios. Uh. Check out our friends on Instagram Farmland Fresh Dairies, and check out our website, serial killerspiece dot com. Thank you, doming cool. All right, till we see you next time with either a bowl chat or a serial killer say crunch, Andrew, Oh.
Speaker 3: We forgot to Sarah catchrace before we started eating.
Speaker 1: There's no catchase.
Speaker 3: Wait, let's get crunching.
Speaker 1: Why would you the wrong one