Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tory Spelling an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, you guys, this is so exciting. Another episode of misstepping with Me and Easton.
Speaker 1: And it was Disney Night, the happiest night on Earth. It's Disney Night. And we were reminded over and over again that we're celebrating the seventieth anniversary of the Disneyland Resort. I'm so excited about it. It was so fun. So this is week four. Look look what I'm wearing. Oh my god, she's wearing a Gucci Mickey Mouse T shirt. That is so cool. I'm so jealous.
Speaker 3: Well it's fake, fake Guccie, real, real Mickey Mouse. Oh, Disney Night.
Speaker 2: Who can't love Disney Night, Like, even if you're not a fan of Dancing with the Stars, which everyone is.
Speaker 3: Like, my eight year old watched Disney Night with me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yes, you know it has something for everybody.
Speaker 3: It really does.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh. It was so fun and they went so all out with the costumes and the sets. It was the production was so much higher for Disney Night. It was so fun to watch. It really was.
Speaker 2: I feel like it was even higher than past season's Disney Nights. I mean, I guess because it was seventieth anniversary, so they even got making many and Goofy and all of them.
Speaker 1: They did this really cool opening number to be our guest, and they had there's a guy I didn't recognize playing Loomi air the candle and he had real fire on his candles, which I was like, that's insane, and I was trying to fare out who it was. And it was funny because my wife Alison was like, I think that's either Ezra or Alan, and I'm like, no, it's not. And then as soon as she said that, the camera did tight shots on each of them and I'm like, okay, well there you go. There they're not him. But he was the guy from the U from Beauty and the Beast of the musical, which is touring around the country right.
Speaker 2: Which was really exciting. I did the same thing. I'm like, wait, wait for who's it going to be? Well, it's very exciting.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The makeup was like next level. There was like prosthetics and like, I was blown away. I really truly was like when did they even have time? Because in the opening number, like Alan, you know, looks like Alan, and Emma looks like Emma and then they transformed into rat tattooy and Alan was what was Alan?
Speaker 1: An alien? He was like, yeah, a Martian or something. Yeah, it was funny. There's a lot of there's so many great costumes of so much great makeup, but it was all like the pros were the ones who had to wear all the makeup and everything. And I knew that. I know that Emma can handle dancing and like wearing like a fake like rat nose, but I felt bad for the for the pros that they all had to wear these like crazy costumes.
Speaker 3: I know it's true. I don't think I've ever seen that before.
Speaker 2: I might be wrong, but wow, okay, let's get right into it.
Speaker 3: I wish that, you know what, I wish the judges had done it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do too. They they I thought I thought they'd be wearing something Disney, like Mickey Mouse ears or something.
Speaker 2: But like Derek could have worn like a Mickey Mouse brooch or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was wearing the same brooch back. I was not mad at that. Neither was I, but you know, I would have liked to have seen a Disney brooch or something. If he's going to commit to the brooch this season.
Speaker 3: I know who would Carrie Anne have been.
Speaker 1: I mean she could have worn like a tiara or a crown or something. I think that would have been.
Speaker 3: Seeing we don't go all out, just like a little no nod.
Speaker 1: But before we get into this first dance, the the intro that the introduction with Alfonso and Julianne, it felt the cheering was so loud. I don't know if that was just me becoming an old man, but I could like bear hear them. I love that the cheering was so much louder than in previous episodes.
Speaker 3: It was no, that was not you, that was it.
Speaker 1: It was pumped for Disney Night, and I get it. I get it. I mean we want to be there. Well, you know, we were watching from home. But the first dance Dylan Ephron and Daniella Kaerra Gosh, dancing to Life is a Highway by Rascal Flats Major. The tow truck was there on the stage. Oh it was so fun, so like he's starting off with a bang. I really liked this dance, and I feel like Dylan is really taking their advice. I felt like he was leading this dance. He's finally kind of finding his groove. Same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, last week they called him the leading man finally, and he he's on. He is on like Donkey Kong. It is crazy, Like, okay, So the set, they have different sets you can start in, so you either start certain places on the state or they have two sets and I'm blinking out on the other one, but one is called the garage and that's where they started, which.
Speaker 3: Is funny enough.
Speaker 2: It was literally like you know, like in mcqueena Mater's like garage, but it's actually called the garage on Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that's awesome. I like that. That ties it in even more.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, right, And I loved Danielle's outfit, like the nod to the racing flags on her butt.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you said I liked that too, but I said you, yep, I did notice it though.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, it was so good, and I just felt like the whole dance. I mean, we've talked about this before and the judges talk about it, but she is such a powerhouse. It's hard to make it look like she's not leading, you know. And last week he did it for the first time really, and this week it was like effortless.
Speaker 3: They just flowed together. It really did cools.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's really fun watching at this point in the season. I really like people are really finding their rhythms and it's really exciting to watch great scores right off the bat. I mean two eights and a seven. It was it was awesome and it is that their first eight I think, I think so. And it was there, you know, they got two eights, so that really kicking off the show with a bang here and Dylan did mention you know also that was interesting. This isn't just with Dylan. A lot of the contestants were teasing what they were going to do next week. Okay, I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 2: You know, I have something to say about that. Yes, I couldn't figure out if Dylan just like slipped and was like, oh, well next week. You know, I because Julian leads him in. So that's why it felt like it was in a slip. Because they have their questions plas typically they can go rogue, but usually it's fun. She said, I thought you were going to do something from high school musical and he teased, oh, we'll just wait for next week, which is deadyation week usually is it not dedication?
Speaker 1: Next week? Is education week next week?
Speaker 2: Yes, that he's going to do something from high school musical. Daniella kind of being like, oh, I'm shocked and like like tapped him, like come on, you're not supposed to say that. I'm not convinced that wasn't planned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I uh And is that fair? I think that's fair. I don't know. I mean, because what well, we weren't allowed to do that.
Speaker 3: It was all hush. They're doing things very different this season.
Speaker 1: Like so you're told, do you have to assume you're being like kicked off? Is that the idea, like don't say anything about the future or is it the opposite? Is it like I'm going to be here too, I'm going to win this thing, so I'm going to start making grand announcements for several weeks down the road.
Speaker 3: I don't know what.
Speaker 2: At least my season, which was just last season, you weren't allowed to tease the dance you were doing. They do like rehearsals. I see people showing half their routine in the dance studio and I'm like, whoa wa, whoa. I mean, there was a certain point where they would give you permission at Dancing with the Stars to talk about and you could put on Social or they put on Social what you were dancing to? You know, what song and what type of dance. But now it's just a free for all. Everyone's just going rogue and just like, let's put it all out there. But if I were fans, I'd be like, oh my gosh, high school musical. Is Zach Effron going to be there?
Speaker 1: Is he going to?
Speaker 2: What is going on? I'm keeping that dude around. I mean he's saying anyway, let's let's be honest.
Speaker 1: But still, yeah, I tell that's true. Well, either way, a calculated move by mister Dylan Efron looking forward to something from high school. You know, it looks like we get two weeks at Disney with him because it's going to be some high school musical thing next week.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, do you think do you think Zac Efron's going to be there?
Speaker 1: I think he is, and I mean he was Zach Efin was in high school musical. He's he played a wrestler recently. That wrestling is very much like dancing. I think he's got some chops too. And actually, this is a good time to ask this. This is my first time like watching this much of Dancing with the Stars, is dedication week? Do they dance with the person? Like a great question?
Speaker 2: Typically no, it seems That's why I said to you, is it's still called dedication week. You dedicated to someone in your life that inspired you, someone you love, someone you've lost, you know, different things, and it's just a weink at it with the song that you do and perhaps your package. But no, this seems like they're dancing with them. Because Hilario was like, next week, Alec, I'm like what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she basically said like Alec will be on the dance floor with her.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: I was like, wow, okay, yeah, so you know we look forward to to see how the next week that.
Speaker 2: Would be so hot. Just like watching that, that's a throutple. I want to see Dylan, Daniella and Zach that.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. They're a beautiful family. Those Ephron's next step we have Daniel Fischal and Pasha Pashkav. They danced. We had two quick steps back to back, and everyone kept talking about how difficult the quickstep is. And I know so little about dance, but just watching it, I can tell it is tough. But they danced too. I want to be like you from the Jungle Book. And I thought daniel looked great this again. The sets are crazy, it's so rad there's so many, there's a big throne. It was awesome. But Danielle was kind of off time on this when she screwed up a couple of the moves. That really broke my heart to see that but.
Speaker 2: So effortless, Like gosh, that guy, I can't even imagine. That would just like send me into a tailspin, and she just like went.
Speaker 1: Right through it.
Speaker 2: I loved her space bun aka her like Mickey Mouse Funds or aka. Was she supposed to be an animal?
Speaker 1: Yeah she was. Yeah, they were supposed to be like monkeys, you know, like King Louis I think. But she did look like a mouse or something.
Speaker 3: She looked adorable.
Speaker 2: I was like her whole look and vibe last night was like on point for me. It was my favorite so far, look wise, and loved seeing Pasha and head to toe fringe. Yeah, I thought I thought it was really good.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: The quick step gives me PTSD and I never even got to do it, but it's just like it's so quick and those like you can't you can't think and those moves are insane, Like, so hats off to anyone that can even attempt to do it and do.
Speaker 1: It half fast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they got three sevens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was really hoping for her first date and she didn't.
Speaker 3: Want to get for her.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But they talked about the body contact that they just like flowed effortlessly together.
Speaker 1: Yes, I wait, like a ziploc bag as I would. It was kind of random, you know what, Carrie.
Speaker 2: You know I love this season, though Carrie Hann makes some really random comments.
Speaker 1: Yes, they kind.
Speaker 2: Of are distracting, yet I kind of like and I'm now looking forward to each week.
Speaker 1: Is that fair to say? Yes, I'm with you one hundred percent. I love it. It made me like so sad she wasn't there for the first episode because now I'm like realizing how she has so much to the to the judge's portion.
Speaker 2: And obviously, Danielle is so good at comedy. She has a comedy background, so this really like, I love seeing her be really fun and bring out her humor and Pasha. I've never seen this much humor in Pasha. I'm really excited to see that. It was so great, and she said afterwards to Julian and that it resembles their interactions during rehearsal and they were able to put it into the stance. They have a very playful relationship and I like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was fun. It was fun to see that that friendship come through. So yeah, Danielle not clearly not happy with those scores, and uh you know that's hey, that's how it goes. Wait you think she wasn't happy, I don't. I was watching her face as she got the scores and hearing the criticism from the judges, and I felt like she was really not, like, not mad, but I could tell she was like not happy with herself. That makes sense. She looked like yeah, all.
Speaker 2: All I can focus on right now is the fact that during their package I could see them at Disneyland, because everyone got to go to Disneyland as well. It wasn't like you just got to dance Disney Night like you.
Speaker 3: Got a Dan Disney lan whoo.
Speaker 2: I could see them eating Dole whip and I'm a mad Dole Whip fan.
Speaker 3: God, it looks so good, and she had said.
Speaker 2: Danielle said on her social media that that.
Speaker 3: She said Pasha had never had a Dole.
Speaker 1: Whip that's insane to me.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh my gosh. So I was very excited for them eating that. And now now I really want a dull whip. Do you know they carried in the market.
Speaker 1: Now, I that they carry it at the market, at.
Speaker 3: The grocery store, the frozen section.
Speaker 1: You knew this. I've seen them and uh, but I have not tried. I've tried, like they have. They make these little frozen cups. I've tried those and they're pretty good. But I think to really get the real experience, you got to like have the mixer, you know.
Speaker 2: And I aggree, Like when I first sat in the grocery store, I screamed in the frozen aisle and scared some woman behind me. And then I was like grabbing all of them for my family and I'm like, guys, we're im go wib tonight.
Speaker 3: And yeah, it's just not the same experience.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 3: It's not really got to be at Disneyland, okay, AnyWho?
Speaker 1: Uh and you know, really quick, it's so interesting, I guess I should wait till I'm jumping ahead a little bit. But like all the intro packages, everyone were all the contestants like at Disneyland or at the Disney Studio are doing something Disney related, except for there was one couple that did not that to rehearse yep, And maybe I'll wait till we get to them to go into in more detail there. But next up we have Scott Hoying and Riley Arnold. They danced to salsa to Bop to the top. They did a song from High School Musical. It was so we were talking a couple weeks ago about how the judges don't like when you sing along to the song, and they were both singing along to this, but they had like microphone, like fake microphones like mounted to their head and it was kind of part of the performance. So I was really curious if they were going to get dinged for that or like, but they didn't. I think that is just part of the dance. Probably. I don't know.
Speaker 2: All rules are off the table this season. Everyone sing into their songs. So I'm watching it with my eight year old bo who doesn't know High school musical obviously, and he says to me, oh my gosh, he saw the ear and he goes, I love this.
Speaker 1: This This couple is.
Speaker 2: Actually singing and dancing at the same time, and I kind of disappoint him. You know, I knew it was part of the whole vibe and like, and I didn't know that Scott was actually in High School Musical the series, so I was it was fun for me to find that out. But after we listened to the song Bob to the Top, Bo goes, I love that song. Can I see that movie?
Speaker 1: Now? I'm like, yes, so it's cute, we got a movie.
Speaker 2: I do wonder though, because it's all carefully calculated, you know who's doing which song and what dance because they don't want to have too many people doing the same dance every week.
Speaker 1: Things like that.
Speaker 2: So I wonder if when they said, oh, we want to do high School Musical, they already know that Dylan has picked high school musical for his dedication night by this point. If there was like, oh, we can't do two back to back, obviously wasn't a problem.
Speaker 3: But I wonder if that conversation came up to that too.
Speaker 1: And now now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder if it's actually if next week at Dedication Week it's going to be like a nod to high school musical and not actually a song from high school. You know, we'll have to see. Oh I can't wait. Okay, but yeah, they great performance from uh from Riley and UH and Scott Uh. The you know, got a little tripped up with those like arm I don't know, I don't know you calmed it like there he was like kind of spinning her around with his arms and.
Speaker 3: Under each other's arms like a pretzel kind of thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's the first time.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 3: The only reason I knew they got screwed up is I saw her face.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting, is that what you saw?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 1: I mean I was watching his arms and I could like here.
Speaker 2: Like he's so much taller, you could tell, but her face I've never seen a pro break and I could see on her face like it was almost like a smile, but like that she was like Okay, yep, that wasn't it.
Speaker 3: But it didn't take me out of it.
Speaker 1: He had to do this move to like get caught up, and I have done that myself a lot of times when I'm like just dancing just normally, and so it made me feel the product I tried. I try. I got to come out with you sometimes. Okay, Yeah, next up, Alex Earl Valschmurkowsky dancing at Viennese Waltz to Once Upon a Dream from the Moleficent movie, not from Sleeping Beauty from the Maleficent movie with Angelina Joelee. That was really exciting. Uh. The original one is sung by Lana del Rey. We were pumped to see that they're dancing to that. Such a cool costume from Alex Earl. She got to dress up with the horns and everything that.
Speaker 2: It was so I loved this dance so much. I honestly forgot that it was Alex dancing. I forgot that it was val dancing. It took me right into a sea and I was watching. I felt like I was transported somewhere and just like watching this really cool performative dance musical. I don't know it was Rad's so rad.
Speaker 1: I really loved this dance. It was so like dark and it was sexy.
Speaker 3: And the way she like controlled him with her hands with.
Speaker 2: That very it was like reiki healing, Like she never even touched his body and made him like rise and move. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, sometimes when I'm watching the show, I think that I'm like I'm focusing on the wrong things, because like I'll be I'm watching the dance. I'm watching the dance, but also I'm like, wow, the costumes are so cool, or like the sets are so cool, and that beginning part. I really loved that how she did the spell and he was like reacting, and I thought that was so neat, and I'm like, I bet that's the wrong thing to focus on. But then the judges talked about how like hard that is to time and how much that enhanced the routine, and so I was really excited that that got its flowers, you know, for sure.
Speaker 2: And they did it again at the end and they're they're not looking at each other, so it's like the it's like instinctual at that point when to do it, and I was blown away by it. I loved this dance so much.
Speaker 1: The crowd went wild at the end too, when they did that spin. It was really fun to hear the room just like rrupt. Yeah. That was awesome, great, great work, Alex Earl. She's really becoming a fantastic dancer. Triple eight's for this one. Everyone is really just loved it, so congratulations Crazy she was right rose to the top and in my mind.
Speaker 2: With me, yeah, no, same, And I'm just like how I keep watching these people that are like, I've never performed like this before. I'm like, how are you doing this? This is incredible? This is like expert level.
Speaker 1: So this next dance our dear friend Hilaria Baldwin and uh and Glebevchenko. I'm finally getting confidence saying this danced a quick step to the CANTEENA band from Star Wars. I want to just be a nerd here for a second. I love this song. I love the CANTEENA band. And the thing during their performance that I just absolutely went nuts for is there's a little blue elephant looking man named Max Rebo and he is in the Star Wars universe. He plays like the circular keyboard and he's one of my favorite characters. I love him. And he was on stage with her, and I was like, oh my god, Max Rebo's up there. It was so cool. I loved it. I went nuts. It was a great dance too. It's like she did a really I thought she did an incredible job.
Speaker 3: It was really good. Yeah, I was surprised.
Speaker 1: I was like, ohh, I wouldn't have pegged Laria for like.
Speaker 2: A six star Wars fan, but good for her obviously loved the package. She has all our kids. It's you know, star Wars and they're doing it. Yeah, it was really cool.
Speaker 1: I liked it.
Speaker 3: I I'm having a hard time.
Speaker 2: I feel like in her face, I'm not seeing at this point in the competition as much storytelling as I'm seeing from the other star.
Speaker 3: Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Interesting, Like you're almost like her faces is blank? Is that what you're not blank?
Speaker 2: I mean, no doubt, And you know I said this from the first week. It's like I forget where the pro starts and the stars ends or what you know what I mean, like it's effortless. She looks like a professional dancer. But now hearing the judges like and now we're you know, we're expert judges now of course with this show misstepping, I don't know, I'm not feeling as much. Some of the stars are really through their facial expressions just telling a story as well and being as into their partner and into the story. They're telling the narrative and creating that. And maybe with her, her moves are so good that I'm not looking at her face. It could be that, but I definitely felt something, and I don't know what it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get what you're saying. I hear what you're saying. Yeah. Going into this episode, I was you know when you when you start watching and I think everybody's like, Okay, who do I think is going to go home right tonight? And uh, I feel bad, But like I had Hilaria kind of and she was in my mind just because the the audience, like there's a lot of people that like want to see her fail for some reason, which makes me sad. Uh. And last week she didn't have a great dance, so I was really expect I was like, okay, well, Hilaria is I'm basically going to say goodbye to her after this dance. I was like, never mind, she's back in. She's not She's not going home. I took away that bet and you know, I mean this aired at this point, You're good, you know. I was how long that bet off the table? Yeah? I'm so sad.
Speaker 2: So yeah. So and then she teased again. She was like, dyln'e did it screwed? I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 1: And for her, I.
Speaker 2: Was like, oh, absolutely right, move because it's usable each week because there's so many audio you know, there's so many people that are fans and so many people that are not fans of hers. So I was like, okay, great move to tip your hand that Alec is going to be on the dance floor next week.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie. I really would like.
Speaker 3: To see that, because I what would that have looked like?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I wanted to see I too. I'm so sad that we.
Speaker 2: Will like would have been from Beetlejuice, Like what movie from Alex right?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, what would you have done? There's so many options for Alc. I just started watching thirty Rock too, so I really loving Alec Baldern on that show. So good, so good, Jack donaghy. Anyway, we're moving on to Andy Richter and Emma Slater another I didn't know that Viennese waltz was a dance, and I'm painfully aware of it now a lot of people dance it. Tonight. They did the Viennese Waltz to a song from Attitude that I'm not going to try to pronounce. Great costumes. Andy was dressed in the you had the chef's hat on in the in the wig, and as we said before, Emma dressed up as a rat full makeup and she looked incredible.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, it was so good.
Speaker 2: Bo saw this and was like screaming like rat tattooy, and like my inner child was screaming rat tattooy like such a perfect nod, and was like I was like, Oh, good for them, this is a good choice for him. It's such a beloved movie and yeah, and we know we're going to get some comedy of his, which we did.
Speaker 1: Andy. I thought. I thought they did a great job. And then when they got to the judges table, you can tell the gloves are off now I think they're like, Okay, last week we had our little you know, we had our our love fest. You've got a lot of great heart, you got a lot of energy. But let's get real here. This is a dance competition. But it's week four. Sorry, Like, yeah, you're goetta any more than sympathy to get you through this one.
Speaker 2: I kind of And it was after this dance that I was like because.
Speaker 3: I was thinking the same thing.
Speaker 2: I'm like, if poor Hilaria probably even though she's great, And then I was thought Andy, and I was like, oh, you know what, this might be the week that everyone's like.
Speaker 1: We love Andy, Andy Andy and they might be like, oh it's time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought it was adorable. I saw Emma working real hard. I didn't feel like his arms.
Speaker 3: Were as what did I say, it's called your frame.
Speaker 2: His frame I didn't feel like was on par as it's kind of been better in past weeks. And his footwork was real dicey yep. I'm sorry to say, but I loved it so much. I loved the performance. Both both thought they were going to get tens across the board. So and that's all that matters the kid at heart Disney, I.
Speaker 1: Really, you know, I watched this and I was like, Oh, they're okay, Hilaria is safe, Andy's going home. That's that's it. That's it, and you know, well we'll get to that later. But it's still a lot of fun. And again I thought it was Their costumes are so great, but I felt so bad for Emma again because when they started, Andy's wearing this like really tall chef's hat and then he immediately ditches it, and I was like, okay, the one thing that would have made been like comfort to some to dance and he gets rid of and Emma still has to be dressed as a rat. For the entire dance, like she couldn't just take the mask off. But yeah, they're prosy. They made it through. Going back to the Animal Kingdom. Robert Irwin and Whitney Carson they danced at chat Chaw to try everything, and they they did not go to Disneyland. They went to the Disney Studios in Burbank, mere feet from where I sit right now, and they watched an early cut of Utopia Too, which is in theaters this Friday, and which I guess Robert Irwin voices a koala in that movie. So that was a fun. We love synergy over here, so it was fun to see.
Speaker 2: So I have some questions about this, please please Okay, So we all know an animation it takes a long time. Well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: If the world was an animation, it's you.
Speaker 2: It takes years to get a movie made, and when we voice something, they have so much to put together.
Speaker 3: So much work goes into.
Speaker 2: An animated film. So I'm not gonna put the timeline right. But he's doing a voice in it. It's released, it's coming out. They promoted it. He was the first star cast months before everyone else. I couldn't help, but wonder like it felt like a promotion for him as well, And I was like, wait, is this crossing the line of fairness here?
Speaker 3: I am again is it fair?
Speaker 1: Okay, I get what you're saying, Yes, and I am with you. In my mind. I start to wonder because they also promoted with a dance from the like let you know, the beast whatever. I don't know what they call them, but the other there's other dancers that aren't pros that are part of the show, the ensemble or whatever you want to call it, the troupe. Yes, they did a dance during going into a commercial break for tron Ares, which also is out this Friday, and I was thinking about it. I'm like, Okay, this is Disney Night. This is basically this is the Synergy episode. They're not going to miss an opportunity to promote z Utopia too. That's they're not going to miss that opportunity. What if Robert hadn't made it this far, Like, what would they have because this is clearly like a plan, like, oh, he's in the movie, we've cast him on Dancing with the Stars. We can use this on Disney Night to promote this movie. If he had been voted off in the first episode or second episode. What would they have done? Would it just have been another troupe performance? Would they just have mentioned it?
Speaker 3: I don't know what would they have done.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't think they needed to worry about that because it was probably planned he wasn't going to do. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Wait, do you think like Robert Irwin is like an alien, Like he's a plant in this whole thing?
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't think he's a plant. But he's so.
Speaker 2: Adorable and so good. I can poke fun at this, but it's it is strange. If again, if I were on this season, I'd be like, wait, wait, wait, oh these this would be the whisperings that would be going on behind the scenes. I'd be like gossiping and I'd be like.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Wait, well, we all went to Disneyland. We all had to get up at four am in the morning, go to Disneyland, film our package, then come back from Disneyland two hour drive and rehearse.
Speaker 1: And wait, he just.
Speaker 2: Got to go across the way and watch his movie, Like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Do you think it was like part of his deal that he didn't have to go to Disneyland. I also enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't know, well, how did.
Speaker 1: Robert enlighten me? Him?
Speaker 3: Robert Irwin, I know he's huge, but he's not.
Speaker 1: A voice actor, right, He's not.
Speaker 2: He's a conservationist and he plays someone in the movie called something Ferwin.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, Robert, Robert Ferwin, Robert Ferwin. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's too much a synergy there that I have to believe that it was on everybody's mind when they cast him in the show.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm really like, because they seem to be going all in on Robert Irwin. There's rumors that he'll be the Bachelor at some point. I know that's a popular rumor. The Actually, the other thing I wanted to bring about the intro package is that every single we mentioned this earlier, every single person went to Disneyland and filmed themselves or like something Disney related, like going on a ride or something like that. Robert and Whitney are the only ones that, like, we got to see them rehearsing. And I know everyone else we're here obviously everybody else, but I liked to think that no one else got to her. They all had to go to Disneyland. They did not have time to rehearse, and he got extra time in the studio because he didn't have to go to Disneyland. But I thought it was like, I guess, did they not have enough footage from the animation studio to like for the whole package. I just thought it was interesting. Probably one couple rehearsing, Yeah, it's probably the package. Yeah, they just need a little bit longer package. And all the rest went to Disneyland.
Speaker 2: I mean, for me, I just don't understand why didn't they just go to Disneyland, like they all went to Disneyland. Look, I say it like I know it. The only reason I know it is Danielle Fischl did a live and I watched it on Instagram and she told how the day went. I was like, oh, interesting, okay. She was like, the car picked us up at four forty five am, took Pasha and I like down to Disneyland.
Speaker 1: They had hours there.
Speaker 2: Each had a film crew, They did their rides they were supposed to go on, they did their package, you know, talked about what was coming up in the week, and then they went back, she said, and went right into their four hour rehearsal for the rest of the day, and I was like, whoa, and she's like and then I had to come on, you know, and I was like feeling for her, like as a mom, I'm like, oh my god, she must have had nothing left at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: But they all had to do that, So why didn't that day they.
Speaker 2: Took them all to Disney and Robert and Whitney go do it and then come back and like pop into the animation studio for like one hour and do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really want to promote the Zootopia stuff. And all they had to do is be like, yeah, we went to Disney, and then on the way back by the Disney studio, why.
Speaker 3: To watch my performance in a Disney movie?
Speaker 2: H But AnyWho, it was great.
Speaker 1: It was their dance. It was good. It was really good. And Robert was lowered from the ceiling. That was really neat to see. He's just a good dancer. He's got great timing, he's really yeah, he's a really skilled mover that way. I'm really impressed. So yeah, they got pretty good scores, not not straight ups eights, but two sevens in and eight and Bruno said, or sorry carry Anne said sometimes he looks like he's like posing for the camera, which I thought was kind of funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and no one liked that she said that, but it was like, yeah, it was one of those things that you''re not quite sure what you're seeing or missing, but then when someone points it out.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh, yeah, that's what it is. So I do agree a little bit with that.
Speaker 2: And like I had mentioned, they tell you, you know, during camera block day where your cameras are, so at each point in this, you know, dance where to hit your camera. And he took note, and he does. He hits his moves, but it becomes less fluid. I think, yeah, while he's doing.
Speaker 1: That, Yeah, exactly. Sometimes that you need to forget where the cameras are and just just dance. By the next step, we have Elaine Hendrix and Alan Person dancing a quick step this. I thought this was awesome. They danced to the song from Space Mountain. They didn't dance like a classic Disney song. This is the song from the ride Space Mountain. I loved it. That song is awesome. It has guitar from surf guitarist Dick Dale in there. It's a great song. And Elaine was in the pre show in the two thousands. I thought that was awesome. I did not know that.
Speaker 3: I did not know that either.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got to tell you, I didn't know the song because I have never gone on Space Mountain.
Speaker 1: I am terrified of.
Speaker 2: Roller coasters, Like I said, only went on Pirates of the Caribbean at forty years old, and I thought I was gonna I was gonna die from that drop. So Space Mountain is not going to happen for me. But wow, I got to virtually feel like I was in it through their dance.
Speaker 3: I loved this dance. I love her.
Speaker 2: She's to me like female wise, like a girl crush on her. She's the hottest female in the competition. She really just I love her outfits each week. I love her makeup, her hair choices. They're cool, they're edgy but classic everything. She's got it all going on.
Speaker 1: She really does. This is a great dance. I thought she's so fast, so fast. It was so great. And again Alan wearing the crazy alien makeup, I just like it so rad like full green face. He had antennas it looked it looked awesome. And I admire his stamina for like putting that makeup again. We were saying earlier that he had to put that makeup on during the show. So that's crazy that that happened. And it's so fast.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I don't know. I kept thinking to myself, is this like a mask and pieces that they put on? But no, I could see all his skin moving like it. I don't know how they did that fast. Like prosthetics like that and makeup like that takes hours.
Speaker 1: So that was that was admirable, truly admirable, a true pro that Alan burst in wow.
Speaker 2: Well on the makeup department, like jeez, Louise, like they had to high speed that. That was awesome because keep in mind they have to they get everyone ready like the day show day, you go in and get show ready for your performance starting at like six am, seven am.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: You're in full makeup pair, everything except your outfit, and then you.
Speaker 1: Do a full rehearsal dress rehearsal.
Speaker 3: All made up, and then you get touched.
Speaker 1: Up before you do the live show. But everything's set in place, so you do the full dance like the entire show before it airs. Correct, Am I allowed to say that? Yes? I don't see why not yes, fast in the same order.
Speaker 2: Soon on the wall you go and do it in the same everything the same.
Speaker 1: Wow, and can the other can you can watch the other dancers right so you know it's coming. Yes. I wonder how often do people ever make changes a lot? No? I mean yes, you can't. You can't make a change last minute because there's I.
Speaker 2: Mean, once it's camera blocked, you're locked in. Yeah, in mind, we see each other rehearse all week.
Speaker 1: It's true. It's not like it's a secret.
Speaker 2: Like no, Like everyone has different times. You either have like the morning, afternoon or evening shift in the dance studio, and I think there's three like depending on how many people are left, but like you know, three couples at each time block and so you see each other and you walk in, and you know a lot of the pros will be like take another pro and they're in their star and be like, hey, will you guys watch this? You do this thing and I forget there's a name for it. But before camera block day on like Sunday, because you do camera block Day on Monday and then the show's on Tuesday, you do this thing where you kind of take there's three couples and you guys go full on out but in the dance studio to see what it's like to have an audience for the first time, and you do it for each other and you cheer each other on. You watch it and then you like give notes or just say how great it was. Yeah, And when I first did that first one, that's when I first was like, oh my gosh. I remember I did my first one where we all like traded. It was passion and I did it with Brooks and Gleb and Emma and Reggie. Wow, and I think, yeah, Brooks and Glob went first, and I was like, oh my god, I'm screwed.
Speaker 1: But yeah, they're so good. Everyone's so supportive of each other too. It's a competition, but it something I really like and enjoy about watching the show is it feels it's like a competition with yourself almost, you know, like.
Speaker 3: Only that's the only person you're competing with.
Speaker 1: It's wild and I love it, like because you don't you never hear the judges say like, well, well we just saw another waltz from so and so and it was much better than yours, and like that doesn't happen all it is is how you know, you just have to do the best dance you can and they're just judging you based on that. And it's very fun because it's you're not pitting against each other or anything like that. There's not like any oh wow, did you hear what the VAL's working on? Like that.
Speaker 3: It goes beyond that.
Speaker 2: It's not just competitive between the other stars or the pros.
Speaker 3: There's nothing.
Speaker 2: It's like that amongst the entire crew and everyone that works at Dancing with the Stars, and it's such a camaraderie, like you just feel like family and everybody is nice. Like I've worked on a lot of sets over the last you know, thirty five years, and you know, some people are nice, some people aren't. And it's not just in front of the cameras behind the camera and not everyone gets along.
Speaker 3: And that's just the way life works.
Speaker 2: You know, in any place you work, you know there's coworkers that are great, some are not. I have never ever worked at a place where everybody gets along like Dancing with the Stars. And when you say this to them, they say, every buddy says that every season, and they really credit that to like that's part of the reason why this has gone on for so long is it really is a family and a new family each season that comes in with new stars and everyone just loves each other so much.
Speaker 1: It's really beautiful. I mean, it makes me so happy to hear and it's it's just so great to see this show that we enjoy so much has such a positive culture and atmosphere behind the scenes too. It's awesome. And next up we have Whitney Levitt and Mark Ballas. They danced. Okay, I had some problems with this. They danced to me, they danced to a song from Hamilton. Yes, which I think the Disney connection there is such a stretch because Hamilton is not Hamilton is on Disney Plus. That's that's the connection. Hamilton is on You can watch a version of Hamilton on Disney Plus. It is not a Disney production as far as I know. Disney does not own Hamilton. It is just a vail to watch on Disney Plus. They have licensed it. So they dance to foxtrot to the song the Room where It Happens. And I've been watching Mark Ballas on Instagram all week. This man wants to be on that Broadway show so badly. I think this whole thing is him trying to show off.
Speaker 3: Oh, I have not watched his instagram this week.
Speaker 1: Really, he's doing a lot of singing into Hamilton songs. He's doing a lot of dancing Hamilton songs.
Speaker 2: So do you think because each star is allowed to choose their song, do you think he said to Whitney like, oh, we're doing Hamilton?
Speaker 1: I do You're like yes? I think Whitney was probably like, can't we do a whole New world from Alette? He's a no, no, We're doing Hamilton. I'm getting that damn role. I don't know if that's what's actually happening. That was just the vibe that I got from watching him online. But all that said, they're so good, Like it's not really fair. Whitney is such a good dancer. Mark is such a great pro. It's crazy how good they are.
Speaker 2: And this is so Yes, I agree with that they're on a whole other level, but I also think it's kind of unfair because I feel like the choreography the Mark Ballast does is next worldly.
Speaker 3: It's like, yes, this man.
Speaker 2: You know, he'd been off the show for a while, so I guess I had forgotten how great he is, and now I'm like hyper focused on him being back in his choreography. I mean, I kept rewatching it because one of my answers was a fox trot, so that's one of the only two I'm familiar with, and I kept looking to try to be like it didn't resemble a foxtrot at all, So that to me was kind of brilliant that he was able to do this Mark ballast foxtrot without it even appearing like one.
Speaker 3: I don't know, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yes, I know, there was nothing.
Speaker 2: Like that conservative foxtrot like and she was almost like the man slis sweetly in the fox trot and the woman's just been carried gracefully across the stage and then doing it, and she was just more like the leading in this for his choreography.
Speaker 1: Yes, I see what you're saying. Yeah, I'm you know, I have never danced a fox trot, but just from watching the show, I'm kind of picking up what it is, uh, and it was, you know, it was. It was good. One move. I want to point out that I absolutely loved the very end with the gunshot move where Whitney shot Mark and he fell down. I thought that was so cool. I love that and it was like it worked so well with the dance.
Speaker 2: I agree, I did too, and then I was like, oooh is that okay? Like it's Disney Plus and there's kids watching. I like had that moment, but it was I don't know. I loved the dance. I loved how they looked, and I don't know. If I were some of the other stars, i'd be like, Hey, to my pro, can we kick it up a little bit with our choreography.
Speaker 1: We haven't seen a ten yet on this season. I thought they were going to give tens for this. I thought so too. I got straight across tens, but uh, I think that's close. Close. Yeah, Carrying got a nine and uh and uh, Drek gave an eight and Bruno gave an eight. It was, yeah, an incredible dancer there.
Speaker 2: Really, I feel like they wanted to give them tens, but they're like, yeah, no, no, no, it's only week four.
Speaker 1: We have to like yeah, start Yeah, it's uh yeah, but they're I mean they're front runners. I think they're going to the finals. Yeah, they're going definitely. I could see them taking the whole thing at this point. Uh, we're moving on to another favorite, Jordan Chiles and Azraso. So they danced a quick step to a special spice from Tiana is by You Adventure that's the new Splash Mount and it was so much fun. She looked great in her in her Princess Tiana costume. The big screen behind them on the stage. I thought that was so that worked really well for this dance. I couldn't tell what was screen and what wasn't, so that was really fun to see it. I mean, an incredible dancer. I remember I was watching Jordan and thinking, I could see this all like Robert Irwin is becoming a distant memory to me. I could see it all coming down to those two, to Whitney and Jordan. I could see it coming down to that now all I got chills me. You said that.
Speaker 2: I like that you said that because when we first started watching the show, I had that feeling like, oh, he's Robert so good. It's just like it's unfair. But now everyone else is catching up, and I love that. It's kind of like who's it going to be?
Speaker 1: She was great.
Speaker 2: I felt like I wanted to be able to focus a little bit more on her than Ezra. I felt like Ezra had a lot of moves in there, which I guess I always say, isn't this typical when there's a male pro, the females do more of the moves.
Speaker 1: But he was.
Speaker 3: He was doing a lot of big moves there. But she's great. She was really consistent and awesome.
Speaker 2: I thought the choreography was really good and I loved watching it.
Speaker 3: And they were so happy.
Speaker 1: So happy, having so much fun. That was infectious to watch. That was really cool.
Speaker 2: She's infectious to watch. She's so happy to be there and joyful.
Speaker 1: She is a true royalty. And as Carrie Ane said, the reason people loved Disney Night to watch something like that. Eight's across the Board Our final dance, jin Affleck and Jan Rovnick dancing to a friend like Me from Aladdin, And this was another great Everyone is stepping up their games so much. This dance had a lot of like synchronized movements apart from each other. And I was really impressed by that because I was like, that's just got to be all timing. That's so like you're not you can't like guide each other with your hands or anything. I've goten be so hard to do.
Speaker 2: I Yeah, this is one of my, if not my favorite dance that she's done so far.
Speaker 1: I think too. Yeah, I know the baby.
Speaker 2: Bump last week was was impressive, but this one, I don't know. I just felt like, not only was she doing all the flips and tricks, I mean the cartwill she did a cart wheel where he like assists her, and then she assists him and does in a cart wheel and I'm like what, And then did she do a backflip?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: There was so much going on here, but not too much.
Speaker 2: I wasn't distracted. I was just in it and she yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Because I want to put Whitney and Jen on the same level because I love, you know, their show so much, so it's hard. I'm like Mormon Wives. No, no, no, they're both the same. I love them both the same. But then I'm like, oh, but Whitney's so good with Jen this week.
Speaker 1: They finished it off with her. I was really impressed.
Speaker 2: And I think it would be really cool if they both went to the finals.
Speaker 3: That's all I got to say against each other.
Speaker 1: It would be cool. It would be cool and moved by Hulu. Yes, and you know, if we're we're not alleging that any manipulation is it here? But it would be very nice if there was some Hulu talent in the final that's all we're going to say, or the semi.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she did not get a great note from Sorry, she did not get a great note?
Speaker 3: Is it carry Inn carry.
Speaker 1: Ann Carryn got booed for saying that it's Karrion.
Speaker 2: Stood up and pretended to like stab herself in the chest.
Speaker 1: Like what is she doing?
Speaker 2: I didn't agree with her, and these were more challenging, Like what.
Speaker 1: The heck crazy is that? That dance wasn't challenging. She has it out for yn. I just I'm convinced that really is. Yeah, it's his first season. I don't know if she wants to make an example of him, but like, he really has it out for him. It's crazy, that's what it is.
Speaker 3: And poor Jen just gets sucked down with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm yeah, I'll be watching Carrie Anne's judgment of their dances very closely going forward.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Same, and I love Karen but same. I mean, I'm sorry, Karen, but that was not a seven. No, No, it was an incredible dance and performance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they should have gotten Street eights. I mean I would have even thrown to nine in there, but a really so much fun, what a great episode. Gotta go to the bottom three made me so sad, But it was daniel Fischal and Pasha, Hilaria and Gleb and Andy and Emma the bottom three. It made me sad to have Danielle in there, but she did. She did slip up, so I get it. And the elimination, I.
Speaker 2: Have a question, since they had bottom three three, would you not have tempted the audience even more by being like sending the third one safe? And so then it became the bottom two, so they got even more scared, Like wouldn't you draw it out a little? No?
Speaker 1: That would I mean I would like that, that would be that would be fun to do.
Speaker 2: I think out of the time because Carrie and was talking so much durnk.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, uh yeah, there's of yan rant. There was another a little bit before it wasn't like the later third of the show. U. There was another part where like they really skimmed through Bruno's part because and I uh, but Alfonso was saying like, hey, we're you know, we all keep.
Speaker 1: Moving here, and uh. They could tell that the judges were being a little lengthy, I think earlier in the episode, but that would have I mean, it would have been great, uh to tease it out and and bring it down to just two and let them hang out there for a second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so in my opinion. And I think Danielle would have been safe, Danielle and Pasha, and it would have been between Hilaria and Andy. But I got to tell you, I want to see their faces when you know, so I kept they had all three of them across the screen, the three couples, and I was just going and looking back and forth, like I don't want to miss it, I don't want to miss it. And then I saw Pasha's face and my heart broke because he had the same look on his face the night we were eliminated and right before they called our name, and I looked at his face and I was like, oh my god, please I want to be them, like I felt so much PTSD for him. He was just like smiling, closing his eyes a little bit, and I was like, oh, I know that. Look anyway, they were safe, so it was fine, thank you.
Speaker 1: They were safe. We said goodbye to Hilaria and Glass and it broke my eye. I really thought it was going to be Andy. I was like convinced. I'm like, Okay, the sweet train is over. Goodbye buddy. But now Hilaria Andy lives to see another week. And next week we got dedication week. I'm excited about that. And the competition is getting so heated that the level of skill has been just raised immensely. I'm excited.
Speaker 3: It's wild. Yes, I felt for Hilaria.
Speaker 2: I thought it Usually they don't really ask the pro, but they asked the pro like, what did you say?
Speaker 1: Because he said, I'm so proud of you?
Speaker 2: And I thought Glub's words about she's such a great mom of seven and she's had here doing this and I'm so lucky to have had her as a partner.
Speaker 1: So I don't so.
Speaker 2: I saw in an interview afterwards when they do the press line afterwards that they said, oh my gosh, we were going to see Alec on the dance floor next week, and she was like, yeah, don't get to see that now, I guess, but we'll just go do it somewhere else.
Speaker 3: So sorry, here, you don't.
Speaker 1: Get to you voted us off.
Speaker 3: We'll just go to Spain.
Speaker 1: Dancing with the Stars and you'll get to see all that. I was like, ooh, I'm gating for that. I want to see.
Speaker 3: I just want to see it.
Speaker 1: Do they they do dance with the stars in other countries, right they do? Have you considered trying to do that? I have, yeah, because because you've done like mass singer in other countries, haven't you?
Speaker 2: I have many countries and I was asked to do dancing with the stars in another country and it didn't work out timing wise because I had another.
Speaker 1: Work that it conflicted.
Speaker 2: But I would love to do it so well, I would love to with the stars Paris ask me again.
Speaker 1: Thanks, I can't wait to see that. I will. I'll be watching intently when that cause I know it will happen. It's awesome.
Speaker 3: I would love to. I would love to dance again in the ballroom.
Speaker 1: Well, we would ordered to see that. I mean, this was this is a fun episode. I'm loving the season. It's a great this is a really great season.
Speaker 2: Incredible season. I love it too, and I'm pumped for next week. Zach Gas from Don't Let Us Down be in that ballroom. If you want to take your shirt off with Dylan, that's fine as well.
Speaker 1: The invitation is there, It's there.
Speaker 3: Okay, should we miss step out of here, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,