Speaker 1: The volume. The NFL season is going strong, and Draft Kings sports Book is hooking new customers up with an offer that's even stronger. Bet five bucks on any game this week to score two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets, and DraftKings isn't stopping there. All customers can take advantage of a sweetener offer every game day this October. Get in on game day greatness. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app now and use code Shannon. New customers can score two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets when you bet five on the NFL.
Speaker 2: That's cold Shannon.
Speaker 1: Only on Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL.
Speaker 2: The Crown is Yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or visit www dot one A hundred gambler dot net in New York called eight seven seven eight Hope and Why or text hope and Why to four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino and Resort in Kansas licensing partner Golden Nugget like Charles and Louisiana twenty one plus age varies by jurisdiction void in Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. See Sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com, slash Football terms for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Hello, welcome to another dig of Nightcap. I have your favorite, Oh she Hana Sharp, he's your favorite number eighty five or six time pro bowler since in that event Engle Legend Chad Ocho Senko Johnson.
Speaker 2: Thank you again for joining us.
Speaker 1: Thank you for getting us up to one hundred and twenty five thousand follower Remember, o Jo, we just went the fifty thousand on Monday night. We're at one twenty five, So continue to hit that subscribe button. Tell your friends to hit the subscribe button because o Jo Sinko and Oh we're doing big things over here on night Camp. And on Sunday we're gonna announce a special giveaway, so stay tuned for that that's gonna on Sunday. Let's jump right into it. Ojoe Jaggs beat the Saints thirty four thirty one twenty four. Trevor Lawrence was twenty or twenty nine, two hundred and four yards a touchdown. Derreck Carver thirty three or fifty five, three oh one, one touchdown, one pick. The Saints had the ball first in goal at the six yard line, four straight in completion. We should have had a touchdown on third down, but Moreau, his hands got stilled.
Speaker 2: He locked your he locked his fingers up. O Josean, you know you got in that situation. You gotta relax, You gotta relax.
Speaker 4: Yeah, most definitely listen. I'm gonna start from the beginning of the game. Obviously, I thought it was gonna be a runaway by the Jacksonville Jaguars. They've been playing some phenomenal football man ever since Trevor Lawrence got there. That team has turned the dynamic and turned everything around and being and being a competitor as opposed to what we're used to seeing from the Jacksonville Jaguars being being up twenty four to nine. Honestly, I thought the game was over. I thought the game was over, and I just for the for the for the life of me, I can't understand why the Saints aren't the same intimidating Saints I'm used to seeing, especially offensively. Obviously, Drew Brees is not there, Derek Carr fields in, but you have the likes of Michael Thomas, olave A, Rashid Taysom Hilla, Alvin Kamara, and for what are we doing there? Used to be an intimidating factor from the Saints offensively and then just not there. Obviously we're able to come back in the game and make it a game, make make it a game again, and it is. I just don't know what it is. The games you shouldn't be have. You shouldn't be having to play from behind with a team like that, structured in that manner, with that type of talent surround you as a quarterback. I don't know what the problem.
Speaker 2: Is, but I think that's the that's the problem is the quarterback. They don't believe.
Speaker 1: And I look and I understand they're gonna go out there and say.
Speaker 2: Oh, we believe, we believe, we believe.
Speaker 1: But at the end of the day, your quarterback is will give you that belief that you can go out there and when you have that guy, it doesn't matter what's on the other side, It doesn't matter what their defense is, It doesn't matter who their quarterback is, as long as we got a quarterback that we believe in and we know what he's more than capable of doing. Look, I mean, John, I mean, how many cars, how many situations of Derek Carr, how many coaches that Derek Carr gotten fired? Dennis sund about to find out he about to get another one. Now John Gruden was gonna end up getting fired. I mean, I know Mark Davis didn't want to find he had a ten year contract for one hundred million dollars. But the coach before that, Derek Carr got in fired, Derrick Park. If you just look at the stacks, if you just look at the stats, thirty three fifty one touchdown and he should have had he should have had a second touchdown down, and then who knows what, Who knows what would have happened.
Speaker 2: But oh, Jo he plays. You know, you look at him and you're like, man, he can make every throw.
Speaker 1: And then he'll go a stretch where he go like an entire quarter and you're like, has this dude ever thrown a football? Has he ever played the game of football? And it just leaves you scratching your head like bron.
Speaker 4: But then what God, also I'm looking at I'm looking at it and his totality and really not just putting everything on him, because as I'm watching, I'm looking at receivers giving up on routes. I'm looking at receivers dropping balls and not saving your quarterback. Sometimes you gotta save your you gotta you got to hbo your quarterback, help a brother out. Sometimes everything is not gonna be perfect. Sometimes on certain routes. You know, you have DBS sitting on you and he has he has to scramble a little bit, come back to the ball, you know, save we re re reset everything, reset the lineman to help him out sometimes because it doesn't play out all the time, just had drawn up. You know, you got to improvise some time and help the quarter back out. I saw him fussing, you know, with with olive sometimes on some things, on some hot rods. I saw him fuss with a kamara on some rode ross that he should have should have broke broken off based on blitzes that were coming. So there was a few, a few mental mistakes, a few misassignments. So I wouldn't really put everything on Derek Carr, but the oldest, because he is a quarterback, he's gonna get most of the goddamn blame. But there's some other things from other people that I did see out there today, which is which is they have just as much reason for the loss as does Derek Carr.
Speaker 1: You know, Joe, I used to do a lot of things in the game time and the coach would say, well, well, you wh why did you do that. That's not what we that's not what we are, that's not the way we drew it up. I said, yeah, but when you drew it up on the boardroom extitly, those didn't move. I got in the game and guess what if I'm as I'm moving in the old damn sure moving. So I had I had to run my route accordingly, or I had to do accordingly. Stood that you say, this is what he normally does, but that's not what he that's not what he did, right, So I had to act a courtly. I can't go out there because you're gonna look at me crazy. I come back to the sideline seat where I read it like this, You told me to go twelve yard and they got said today you always told me, never go behind the dB to run my rope, break that up right off in front of it. So that's what I did. It's just I mean, like I said, I hate the fact that Moreau dropped the ball on third down.
Speaker 2: And I know I've been there, I've done it.
Speaker 1: I dropped the play at nine, I dropped the pants in ninety one and the south ends on it. My old, my high joke. That would have given us whole field throughout the playoffs. We went to Buffalo and lost the AFC Championship game ten to seven.
Speaker 4: MM listen, I dropped one. I dropped one just like Moreau when I was for the Patriots in Buffalo. Hit me right in the hands. Lack of focus, yep, two ten stuff. I think I was too relaxed on that one. It was too relaxed. It just went right to my hands. I don't know what was going on. I don't know what happened with me, but stuff like that happened. And it's crazy how you lose your lack of focus for a.
Speaker 2: Split second, just a second that it.
Speaker 4: Takes and the ball right out your hands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember, and driving home crying like a baby. I called my brother and the phoney, like, bro, what's going on? It was coral man, was I because that you know, when you trying to like make a name for yourself, and I wasn't getting a whole lot of opportunities. So my my whole mindset was when I got an opportunity to cash it in.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So it's kind of like the way I played in the Ravens.
Speaker 1: I was gonna get a whole lot of opportunities, but I'm trying to hit my head on the goal cost every opportunity that I got, So I knew I might not get one catch, but okay, can you make it something special? And so that was my that was my one chance. I'm like, man, coach, like, hey, this was gonna it had happened. Just like he said, We're gonna line you up here, we're gonna motion you out, and they're gonna motion Jerry Robinson with you.
Speaker 2: So that's gonna be a linebacker that's cut to be you. Man. I showed him so bad. Yeah, Oh, I just knew it.
Speaker 1: And what I mean I short. I short on the ojoe. I like instead of just all I had to do is do this, and I did it like this track.
Speaker 4: It went right off your fingertips, hunh.
Speaker 2: Right off my fingertips, man right on my fingertails. Broke my heart and I just I just remember it, like God, if you ever put me back in that situation.
Speaker 4: Again, never happened again.
Speaker 1: That's never gonna happen. So what so So, I mean, what about the Jags? If you look at the plane that the Jags got to get the lead, that's a simple Zorrow route. Ladies and gentlemen home, you run that route on third or fourth down trying to pick up a couple of yards because they're mad coverage. That's not a route that you hit your head on the gold posts on. You're not doing forty four yards on a sorrow Joe app scored several times.
Speaker 2: That's a while.
Speaker 1: They put it in the West Coast Peterson with the quarterback in the West Coast under with Andy right.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, bro, how how do you score forty four yards on a Zorrow route?
Speaker 4: Where I think they scored? Obviously they was a man and then not only there man, there was a mismatch. There's a mismatch. Why is not a nickel match?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Why is a nickel not on Christian Kirk. Why is the honey badger who normally your safety always coming down in the box if you want to play rob or something. Why is he on Christian Kirk in that situation on third down? Anyway? What are we doing?
Speaker 1: He's not to be able to cover him. I don't care if they got Cam. I don't care if they got Cam Jordan. What about the angles that they took to get him down? He still went forty four yards?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, but you got to think about it. Listen, it's man the man. Where's all the DB's backs facing, where's everybody? They looking that way? So by the time they turn around, Christian Kirk is in full speed already passing by. You notice once he once he caught the ball and got going up field, everybody looked around. It was too late, he was he was full till he was already full till it was it was a house called from that point.
Speaker 1: They took some horrible angle honey back, because once he makes that play, a honey badger knows he's got to get up the field. So I'm going to try to intercept him at a point I ain't going down the line right for Get me first, stopped him for Yeah, forget trying to stop him for the first down. That's the least your concerns night. Now I'm not I'm trying not to let him get six months.
Speaker 4: Out of dight, right right, right right? Yeah, it was too late. And then Christian Kirk is already fast. He's already fast, it is. He doesn't need to be Tyreek Hill fast. But you got to think in the NFL, it's all about angles. It's all about angles. And once you get somebody that's already ahead of you, man ain't a man. Ain't nothing you can do, ain't none.
Speaker 2: You get oh show when you get that back.
Speaker 4: I broke jacket from oh oh this be on No, this urban outfeels it was on. It was on the sale rack twenty dollars that like this.
Speaker 2: That's when you got your phone him, that's when you got your phone.
Speaker 1: You hear buzzing in the bedroom and you put that on. You put that on and go get it.
Speaker 4: Hey, Now this is this is some good terror. Now this good quality? Yeah, this good quality.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's a that's a towel you dropping with that.
Speaker 4: No, this this one hundred percent content. It's important. It's important from Italy. What's your talking about?
Speaker 2: What you think they make towels out of silk? Not?
Speaker 4: I'm saying the type of quality this said. This is good quality. It's important from Italy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, really about little Italy over New York.
Speaker 4: No, I'm about to really this from Naples, Naples, Italy. This from Naples.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got na this.
Speaker 4: This is real good quality. You you don't knowhing about this? Yeah, trying to make fun of myself.
Speaker 1: Davante Adams is very frustrated with his role in the offense. I would be because I'm not just I'm just not here to hang out. What what are your thoughts on seventeen?
Speaker 4: My thoughts are on seventeen? Is that's right?
Speaker 2: That's right?
Speaker 4: Why does he have to settle for mediocrity because they have? Why does he have to? Why does he have to? You have a top tier receiver on your team that gives you a chance to win week in and week out. He is a difference maker. He is someone that can hit his head off the goalpost from anywhere on the field. He is someone that makes everyone else around him job easier, including the office of the coordinator and including the quarterback. They played the goddamn New England Patriots last weekend he had two catches. Mind you, you might have won the game, but let's say you weren't playing the New England Patriots. Don't allow team to dictate what you want to do with your best players, especially someone of that magnitude. If you want to have a winning attitude and have a winning mentality, dictate what you want to do. Don't allow them to dictate to you. I can keep going to talk to him about Oh Joe, yes, hir IoT.
Speaker 1: Patriots are not dictating where the ball's going the quarterback is. Look at the quarterback that you got. What did you think when you got Jimmy garoo whoa what did you go?
Speaker 2: Ahead?
Speaker 4: You got Jimmy Garoppolo, right, Yeah, you could have the pope on the center. You could have the pope on the center who don't know don't know nothing about football. And you look at Davonte Adams resume and understanding what he can do, regardless of coverage, regardless of needing the help of officer coordinator to scheme him open understanding he has the DNA to get it off the muscle from anywhere, from the outside, from the inside, coming at the backfield, condense split, tight split, wide split. He doesn't even need help. He's what I like to call it. Remember Marvin Harrison. Remember Marvin Harrison. You used to line up on the right side of the field and all Peyton had to say was GA, get open. I don't need to scheme nothing. Davante is that type of player. So it doesn't matter who's playing quarterback. You know you have someone that is going to be open for you every single time. It's easy, it's not hard. Why you don't have to complicate it? Why make it difficult?
Speaker 1: Think about this, O Joe, go back and look at Jimmy Garoppolo when he played his best football. Yes it was in San Francisco with Kyle Shanahan. Look at Kyle Shanahan's system. Now what did Jimmy do? Quick bass, jail, brick, screen, handoff, swing passes? Okay, So are you going to change?
Speaker 2: Are you? That's not you?
Speaker 1: I mean, so are you going to revamp your offense to get the maximized? Because you got to understand, and that is what I always tell people. When you sign a guy in free agency, you better use him like they used him where he came from and why you fell in love with him because you don't. You see, if I get a tower, if I buy a tower to drive with it, it shouldn't be a shower curtain. It shouldn't be curtains that I hang up in my living room because that's not what I bought it for. You got Jimmy G and you know what his skill set was. So while we upset that he can't maximize what DeVante does when he never did that for anybody else, this is a thing.
Speaker 4: This is a thing. He's never done it with anybody else. But he's also never had a Davante Adams. He's also never had a Davanta Adams. Come hell of hot water, Jimmy T. Being a quarterback, you have someone that makes your job easy. You know what, I know, whatever play I call right now, regardless of coverage, I know who I can count on. I know who I can count on the win every single time, every single time. Sometimes you can improvise. Sometimes as a quarterback, you can go off script based on the personal the personnel that's surrounding you. DeVante Adams is one of those people. Can you imagine I'm just thinking hypothetic speaking. I never played quarterback a day in my life, never played a quarterback a day of my life at the highest level.
Speaker 2: I'm too bad for you.
Speaker 4: But if I was with the Raiders, listen, I'm feeding that. I'm feeding that because I know I can move up and down the field by feeding the individual that cannot be stopped regardless of what they do defensively. We have to do is put him in positions to win. It's really simple. I'm not sure whose ego is so complicated or whose ego is so inflamed over there offensively wherever the coordinator may be, It's easy, no, no, no disrespect.
Speaker 1: He's a better coordinator than the other head coach.
Speaker 2: He was a as a head coach. He was an effic failure in Denver.
Speaker 1: Do you think he's only he's only been Yes, he's only he's only been good in New England. Remember when he was the O C at the Rams, he was terrible. Remember when he hit the head coach at the Broncos.
Speaker 2: He was terrible.
Speaker 1: Right, he backed out of a job. He had a job, and and and and and back out of that. Yeah, indeed ended up getting another job.
Speaker 4: Oh t let me ask you a question, Yes, sir, can.
Speaker 2: You get can you get butter from a duck?
Speaker 4: Now, I don't think so you can't get no butter from no duck.
Speaker 2: Now can you get can you get? Can you get backing from a chicken?
Speaker 1: So, in other words, you're asking Jimmy G to give you something that he can't watch you understand that, damn what he is?
Speaker 4: This the NFL Jimmy G. Jimmy g job is to throw the ball. Jimmy G's job is to throw the ball. There are people in the game called the NFL. You have quarterbacks, you have receivers. You have tiers of receivers, right, you have tiers and tears of quarterbacks. Right, so you have a tier one receiver that can make a good quarterback look brilliant. It's amazing. It's not hard, it's not complicated. It's really simple. If Jimmy G is one that you think you feel you can't win with or you can't he can't really get the job done. He doesn't need to be in a Kyle Shanahan's offense. You know why, because you have someone like the likes of the Vonte Adams. That makes it job fucking easy. It makes a job easy.
Speaker 1: But what Kyle did is that he masked. Kyle was makeup. He didn't let you see those improfecsions that Jimmy g had. You see, you've been in a situation. You see the nice lady at the club, and there's something about them lights.
Speaker 2: At the club.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they know they do. I didn't get someone in my house, but they make everybody look good. And then all of a sudden, she get home and she ain't under those lights, and she start taking off a makeup.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know what I'm talking about, and she come.
Speaker 1: About them skills or them schemes of kill or whatever they call them, and everything in the flooring like what the hell drop marbles out of their pocket and everything rolling the round, and then all of.
Speaker 2: A sudden, she took off lashes.
Speaker 4: She wrapped her head up in the bonnet, right right, right right.
Speaker 1: See what Kyle Shanahan did. He didn't let you see those imperfections. Now you got him in a different light and you see him for what he actually is.
Speaker 4: And this is the funny thing. I'm glad you said that. So in the in the in the NFL, you have players that get coaches fired, and you have players that can prolong a coach's career. Absolutely, you have Jimmy g Right and those imperfections that you speak, there's an individual that can mask those anywhere is number seventeen. He can mask all those imperfections by moving around and put him in situations, see to get the ball out of Jimmy's hands fast, or if you want to do play actions, if you want to use Josh Jacob established the run. But you have someone that can wiel you down the field at will at any given moment, and you're not using it, so you're complicating it. At this point, I think they're doing it on purpose. At this point, I think they're doing it on purpose, honestly, But I think they sabotage it on purpose. I don't know, because they have a different mindset, they thinking differently upstairs. We don't know what they're thinking. But when you understand what they have in that building, when you understand what they have in that room, when you understand the resume in the DNA, and who devote Adams is and what he can do on the field regards to who's in front of him against any coverage, two catches is fucking nonsense. That's nonsense, And I mean that with all due respect to all parties involved.
Speaker 1: You said you wanted to see Chad, you wanted to see Davante in Dallas.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, talk to me now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So so I hold on, is c D gonna give up that eighty eight because the supposed to be special if he walked to the door, who's number? Now you do remember this, O Joe. They got rid of Mari Cooper, so CD could be number one without without without anybody challenging him.
Speaker 4: Don't do that, don't do that. That's not why. That's not why. That was a business That was a business decision because working up for Erry Jerry Jones didn't want to pay that twenty million dollars. That's where it came from.
Speaker 1: He already paid it. Look at Gallup. So so tell me. So now everybody saying they need a number two receiver. Now you see Marik Cooper ball Yeah, yeah, it was nothing. It was nothing wrong with him in the first place. There was no need to There was no need to get rid of him. You got rid of him because you didn't want to pay the money. You didn't want to pay the money, and you fail.
Speaker 4: You're going to get the production from elsewhere or something close to it. That's not the case. For somewhere that good, that's not the case.
Speaker 1: Sometimes sometimes you have to remove because, in my estimation, because he's so technically and fundamentally sound, Amar's not gonna conceive. He's not gonna say, oh okay. It's kind of like with Jerry and Toyo. Jerry wasn't gonna see that number one spot to Tyo. They had to get Jerry out of there.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Two, they had to get Tea out of there. Okay, that's what you mean.
Speaker 1: Listen, remember on Jerry Rice's day, t O called twenty pantss Jered day.
Speaker 4: They had to move on.
Speaker 1: For Jerry because Jerry mind, Jerry wasn't going to concede. He's not the number one's receiver. Amari Cooper, you know how number you were?
Speaker 2: Number one? You ain't conceived.
Speaker 4: Ish whoao I did?
Speaker 2: Though? I did?
Speaker 4: Why did I do it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Till no, no no no no no. I'm the better Sometimes sometimes sometimes number number numbers don't tell the whole story anyway. That that's that's my dog. We'll get away get on that later.
Speaker 2: That the story.
Speaker 1: If I died that number, if I died your number, to see my phone.
Speaker 2: Will pick up theory.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know they did listen, and I was happy. I stood on the table. I think it would before Buffalo. I think that's what man. When I went, I went up to mister Brown, I went to I went to Martin Lewis. I say, man, listen, man, we got to get a t in here. You know, me, me and TV we twenty years strong in the game friends, outside of the game. On the field, I was happy and had no problem taking a backseat to one of the greatest they ever played the game. I was so listen. Yeah, but we talked. We talked about winning. I was looking at the bigger picture.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: It didn't work out the way I thought it would. But I think, why can't see d see the same thing. Why can't he see the division? Jerry Jones, Jerry Way, Jerry Jones always want to be front center. He wanted to be the GM. You want to be the president. He wanted to be Thestodian. You want to be the janitor. He wanted to run the show and the brand, the Cowboys. You haven't won the super Bowl and how long? So why not make a splash? And why not bringing that splash and having DeVonta Adams and improving your offense drastically just like that, and becoming a goddamn Super Bowl favorite.
Speaker 1: I ask you a question right now, okay, at what year were you in your career when that happened? You do realize you had already gone to six Pro Bowls. You had already been you had already led the league and receive it. You had already been an All Pro. CD left them hasn't been to as many Pro Bowls. He hadn't accomplished the things, So he's not going to be as willing a participant as you to concede it.
Speaker 4: Whoa whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa wha. I thought the common goal was to get the Lombardi Trophy.
Speaker 2: Isn't that what started?
Speaker 4: Listen to me, Listen to me. Is that not what we preach about all the time? There is there is one team. Listen to me. Now, there's one team that moves the needle in all media, one team that moves the needle, and every year is the same. It's the same conversation. We had the talent, we had the players, we had the personnel to go to sou Bowl, and they continue to fall short. Every year. Why not add that one special dynamic that can put you over the hump offensively? Why not? O Cho, I'm just saying speaking hypothetically.
Speaker 2: OKAYO, I'm not I'm not disagreeing with you.
Speaker 1: But you know, people say I want to win, but ninety five for people want to win, but they want to.
Speaker 2: Win their way. You know that.
Speaker 4: Wait, so are you talking about Derry Jones? Is that his way about him?
Speaker 1: From city standpoint, I'm saying people, Coachchick, coach Belichick would rather lose his way bean win somebody else's way.
Speaker 4: See, and that you know what, that's the problem. That's another problem. That's probably what's going on over and got damn Vegas. Get the man the goddamn ball, because what's gonna happen is're gonna endup getting fired and you gonna be at home wondering why you got fired because you're not using the players you have to the best of the ability. It makes because because of ego, because I'm gonna try to win my way. Just what you just said, I'm gonna win my way, and if my way involves not getting Devonte Adams the goddamn ball, so be it not. Look at you.
Speaker 2: Okay, how about this?
Speaker 1: Speaking of the Cowboys, Michael Parkson was worth the same energy for the Eagles. Michael on his podcast say, I see my quarterback maybe not have the red zone success, but move the ball way better than the Eagles did on Sunday. We want the same energy for everybody because there's a bunch of bashing when it's that, but not the same when it's the Eagles.
Speaker 2: What's your take on that.
Speaker 4: Michael, Michael has to understand who he plays for. Thank pay for that star in that helmet, broy It comes with the territory. It comes with the territory America's team. That's what you own. That's just that's the nature of the business. And that's the way it will always be. Your team moves the needle, win, lost, draw by week, it don't even matter. It's gonna always be like that. Respectfully, you got to take it, take it what it is.
Speaker 2: There's certain there are certain and certain sports.
Speaker 1: The Yankees in baseball, the Lakers in basketball, the Cowboys. Does he understand that Jerry Jones was not a billionaire when he purchased the Cowboy. Now he's ten, fifteen, eighteen, maybe even twenty billion.
Speaker 2: Why that comes from Michael. That comes along with it.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of guys, I know, guys that played on bad teams that were getting seventeen eighteen sacks that didn't even really get them getting mentioned. And there are guys that's getting eight, nine, ten sacks because they've played on a more prominent.
Speaker 2: Team, they get all the love.
Speaker 1: That's how it works, Michael, Michael will I never heard Michael say one thing when it's a lot of those same media said the Dallas Cowboys and Michael Parsons have a historic deepest. Not one time did you say, why don'dt y'all get that energy to the Eagles? The league tied the NFL record with seventy two sacks last year, Michael Parker, Not one time, So they should give the Eagles love for that historic defense that they got.
Speaker 2: Now one time that I hear him say that.
Speaker 4: I mean it happens. I think you have a better understanding standing of it now after hearing everyone want to talk about it and having a better understanding on who you play for, understand where you are about christem It just comes with the nature of the business. I think I think I think he gets it. I think he gets it. But the media will never ever a bow down to the players based on what they have to say, because they understand what and who moves the needle, what and who moves it, and that that's just what it comes down to, saying, like when they come to basketball, it's the Lakers, when it comes to baseball, it's the guy damn Yankees. And it's been like that for years.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be like that because I think the thing is is that the expectations that comes along with the Cowboys and the expectations that there are owner and the son Stephen, co owner, says that this team or this roster reminds me of the nineties Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows what the nineties Cowboys did.
Speaker 1: So when they when you keep saying that, you raise the level of expectations and when you don't meet that level of expectations.
Speaker 2: But I tell you another thing that will.
Speaker 1: Get people off you when you're on national and you're on primetime television. Don't get beat by thirty two. Don't get the breaks beat off you. Right, if you don't get the doors blowed off you. Let's just say, for the sake of argument, o Jo, you used to like to do hypothetical. Let's just say that game with a twenty eight twenty seven ball game. Nobody when you get beat forty two ten and they call the dogs off right, say.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, But see me, I get it.
Speaker 2: I get it everything. You know.
Speaker 1: If I criticize, if I don't. If I criticize the blacks, I'm bringing the black guy down. If I criticized the white guy, I'm criticizing them because they're not black. I just decided I will call it like I see it, And damn what you say whether they're black, dad, what you say, whether they white.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna call it like I see it.
Speaker 4: Play better, it is what it is.
Speaker 2: If you play better, play better.
Speaker 4: For him, individually, he played well, which is why he can come out and say some of the things he's saying, but that he needs to have a better understanding and understand the history that comes with the team that he is playing for, and then you'll get it. Then you'll get it.
Speaker 1: While we all love watching our favorite teams on television, there's nothing better than being at a game live and in person, sitting court side. Take it from me, and the best way to get tickets to any of these games is on game Time, the fastest growing ticket out in the US. Game Time is obsessed with finding ways to help you save money on tickets. You can find exclusive flash deals and sponsor deals on games and concerts daily, and with game Time guarantee you'll always get the best price. If you find the tickets in the same section and row for less, game Time will credit you one hundred and ten percent of the difference. So take the guests work out of buying tickets with game Time. Download the game Time app, creating the account and redeem code Nightcap for twenty dollars off your first purchase. Terms apply again. Download game Time app end of the code Nightcap that's n I g H T Cap for twenty dollars off. Download game Time today, Last minute tickets, Lord's Price guaranteed.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, did you see this?
Speaker 1: The female European common frau yeah, was observed engaging in toxic and mobility. In other words, they were pretending to be dead. So the mail frag didn't want to make with them, wouldn't want to mate with them because they don't the mail fraust So I don't do that, Necker feeling.
Speaker 4: I ain't buy it right right right, And.
Speaker 1: They say as soon as the mail frog get up, they get up and like, okay parking and hop on the way.
Speaker 4: Well, that that goes on in today's era too, And I get that not only the sleep come right, what about the frogs play like they dead right? How about women that give you a number. I'm I'm speaking hypothetically because it doesn't happen to me. But I'm just saying, I heard somebody send you a d M and you know you saw it and you don't read it. Somebody send your text and she knows she saw it and she don't read it, and she continuously continuously sees those messages from whoever it is, knowing you have no intent on dealing with that individual, but just continuing to stare at it. And I say they do it for egotistical reasons, ostical reasons. You know, hey, it's just the same concept, same concept, listen, frogs. I'm not I'm not going to compare them to our our our female species, but I'm just saying it's it's the same thing.
Speaker 1: But it just goes to show you even something that's not as highly developed intellectually or have the brain capacity as a human like they know what they want when they don't. Oh yeah, because for the for the most part animals in the wild, what do the males do. They fight because the biggest, baddest. The females want to make to the biggest and baddest because they want that protection.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Humans are human probably the only species of mammals that don't don't worry about size because.
Speaker 2: They're not worried about the level of protection.
Speaker 1: Now, some women says, okay, I want to I want to geel secure, comfortable.
Speaker 4: They worried about zero zeros.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's that's the protection they want. That's the protection.
Speaker 1: They want to stay with me. Now, let's stay with me. They but you look at all the other manimals. You look at elephants and lions, and hey, they're like, no, no, no, no, I want I want the big one. I want the big with the dark male that's about two years old. I want him that that got a five hundred my territory. Those are the brothers that need to come up in here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But I couldn't believe the frogs did that.
Speaker 1: And I got to think, I said, you know what, women be doing that too, till like they sleep thanking to keep up from keeping from doing your true story. I broke up with I broke up with my girlfriend. And my sister told.
Speaker 4: Me, you broke up with her. She broke up with you.
Speaker 1: I broke I broke up my girlfriend. This was this one years ago. This is probably twenty twenty five years.
Speaker 4: Any time you tell a story, it's years ago.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking this might be this.
Speaker 1: And my sister, My sister told my grandma said, granted, you know, yelling such and such not going together. They're not together no more. My grandma. I ain't tell you her name, but you know what it is. You know what my grandma said. What she said she wasn't doing the nightly duties.
Speaker 4: Oh wait a minute, my grandy say, No, what my grandd is say? Wait, let me sit up because I want wait, let me let me get me No, let me get my note pad out with a nightly duty so I can make sure.
Speaker 1: You you know what nightly duty out?
Speaker 2: Watching this what nightly dude is on?
Speaker 4: I need you listen. I'm trying to get where you are. You have a little bit more life experience in me, so give me.
Speaker 1: Let me jot down nightly She was doing like the female European common fraud.
Speaker 2: She was fake oh oh with the time, pretending like she will sleep.
Speaker 4: Oh but y'all live. Wait, wait a minute, let's dive a little deeper. This is a lot to unpack now y'all live together. And she wasn't doing her night. Okay, I don't never check, no look, and so I don't know what you want that back. Wait, understand that the last time I checked, I saw it. I saw it on on.
Speaker 2: Murder.
Speaker 4: She wrote a woman that was playing sleep every time he came home, and just to come to find out towards the end of the story that happened to be another man. M yeah, and that happened. That happens a lot in life in general. The person you wit start acting funny, and when you dive a little bit deeper, you're always tend to find now the routine changes from who they used to be when you first met, and you start listen that because it happened to me, That's how I know it happened to me. And you started acting funny. And what did I do? I put on my black dickies, I put on a black scull cap or you sleep? So what I did? I jumped in the car. Oh you sleep? Okay, bet Wait a minute, how you sleep? It is eight thirty okay, Bet, Well you go ahead and get you a nice lice. So I get in the car. You know, I got a little.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had to because listen, listen, I could be honest with you, because we're family, I could be honest with you, like I listen. I get in the car. I go to the house. You know she's staying on she's staying over there all at the time. She in Carroll City. You know that won nhing by the thirty minute drive real quickly, I jumped on the highway. I jumped on yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. I pull up to the house, the car in the driveway. Wait a minut minute, Wait a minute, how the cant in the driveway? But you just told me you sleep, That's what I'm saying in my head, I'm saying, Oh no, oh, she want to play back. I waited. I waited about five minutes. I called the phone back. Oh, the phone ring. I kept called her over and over mine it ain't been number thirty minutes. So how you sleep already? I ain't chilling. So I sat on the front porch. I took a picture, right, I took a picture at the front door like this, snop, yeah, yeah, yeah, Hey, I took a picture at the front right, did you where you live? I sent it to her? Oh but you sleep? Huh okay, back, hey, ain't listen and blocked the number and went on about and went on about my business in my life now asking guess who were trying to spin the block? You know, she started, she started seeing you know, I start. I had a little motion. My little motion was back in effect. You know, my visibility started being back popping. It was too late then, because real had done came and snatched me up real quick.
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 4: I'm good.
Speaker 2: I mean sometimes happens. Listen. Sometimes in a relationship, Yes, sir, one.
Speaker 1: Party wants to move on, but they don't know how to tell the other they want to move on.
Speaker 4: That's a good one. That's that's because a lot of people watching right now, A lot of people watching right now. I'm gonna tell you no lie, because a lot of people are watching right now with someone and they don't know how to break it off. Not only do they not not only do they not want to break it off. In this economy, you have someone that's helping you and taking care of you. You really don't want to lose that sense of security and help. Some men as well, they with women, they gotta stay. They gotta stay with the women because you need a roof over your head.
Speaker 2: But I ain't why like that. I could never.
Speaker 1: I could never let I can't never. I could never let a woman take care of me. I can never let a woman.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying take care of it are men. Some men aren't fortunate, and they're in situations where they need that roof over their head and they're dealing with someone that's able to provide that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's that's that's tough.
Speaker 1: That's tough when you're somewhere you don't want to be, because I told you the lowland. My grand used to say, boy, the lowest place in the world is to be somewhere you're not.
Speaker 2: Wanting right right right.
Speaker 1: And if you don't know you're not wanted, it's another thing to know you're not wanted.
Speaker 2: In college. I remember in college, I broke over my girlfriend. I was moping. I used to work.
Speaker 1: We used to have work study, and I worked for Coach Davis rested soul. Coach David and I used to go to his office every day, and when I wasn't in class, I would do my homework. If we didn't look the professor would cancel class or something happened. I would go to Coach Davis's office get my hours in, but I would do my homework. A couple of days go by, he see me moping. He's like so, He's like, uh, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Right, Coach, I broke over with my girlfriend. I said, my said, my girlfriend and.
Speaker 2: I broke up.
Speaker 1: He said, well, damn, Sonny says everything okay, I said, Coach, we were both sick, and he looked at me. He said, y'all were both I said yeah, Coach, I was sick of her and she was sick of me.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's a good one. Let me let me let me tell you something. Let me let me tell you something I always think about. Obviously, it's it's okay to hurt, it's okay to morn, it's good, it's ok it's okay to be sad when when things don't work out. But I tell men this all the time, when when you're opening you and you're chasing your fighting back to get a woman back that that you might have been with for a long time the last time. Think about this, when someone leaves you, a woman doesn't want to be with you anymore. I always see it as one less expense, and I mean that in the most respectful way possible. I just see it as one less expense that I have to worry about that becomes someone else's responsibility. So I've never seen who want to chase and added an extra bill? Why why do you want to do that? I see it in that way, and trying to put things in a perspective in hindsight. If you if you have one hundred dollars as a dude, right, if you have one hundred dollars as a dude and you lose that hundred dollars trying to chase someone because you have to pay, in which I call transition transition transactional axactional, it doesn't it doesn't bring any value to you because it's taking what you have bring and adding nothing to it. So why did that you? Why are you hurting?
Speaker 2: Why are you sad?
Speaker 4: And that's just a small analogy, and I mean that in the most respectful way possible, And it happens on a small scale, and it happens on the grander scale. Depends on how you look at it.
Speaker 1: But you know what, don't show what it is. It's kind of like from me and I don't want and I don't want people to take this the wrong way. Says I'm trying to compare a woman to sport. But what I'm saying is is that when you invest something, when you invest, for damned, when I invest my time, my energy, my heart and soul like I did the sport, it hurt when you lose.
Speaker 2: So I'm looking at it. When I lose hurt. I'm hurt. You damn right, I'm hurt. Yes, I try, and.
Speaker 1: Even though I might not short awkwardly, internally, I'm in a knot. I had a young lady telling me one time, She's like, you're not hurting. I said, what do you mean I'm not hurting? She said, because when I see you, you're not You're not in a ball. I said, is that what you want?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: I said, And you want me to hurt that bad? I said, you want me to not be able to function. You don't want me to be able to go to work. I was like, I get it. I get it. Yes, I'm sure I've hurt you. But just because I'm not curled up in a ball because I'm not in a psych ward, trust me when i say this, and I say this in all sincerity.
Speaker 2: I'm hurting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I've been able to compartmentalize because when you become a part, when you become a professional athlete, the one thing you must be able to do above all forget because you don't make it to the level that you make it as a professional athlete.
Speaker 2: If you can't play, you've got to be able to compartmentalize.
Speaker 1: If you cannot come apartmentalized, you can't play it the level of a professional spot. You've got to be able to say, Okay, I've got this is going on bit at home. My wife is getting go my nerves or my girlfriend, my kids are sick, my mom is not my mom or my daddy, there's something going on. I've got to be able to say that aside for them two and a half hours and be able to get done when I need to get done, because you know what, them eighty five thousand fans and my forty five teammates.
Speaker 2: Hey, they depending on me. They don't want to hear nothing.
Speaker 1: All they see is eighty four in the front and sharp on the back, and I need to get it done.
Speaker 4: And so that's grea bad, my bad.
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm just saying. So that's where I mean. Please make sure you hit that subscribe. But I really appreciate that, Uncle Ojo. We appreciate that so much. You needse kill all your friends. Go ahead.
Speaker 4: Before we get off that topic, I think one of the small issues that we have in today's today's society and today's world in general, is our sole focus is on finding a partner and the fact that we have nothing else going on outside of that partner. I think that's why we hurt so goddamn much, because you got nothing else going on in life. Everything is about my man, my man, my man, or this dude, this dude, this dude, or what he can do for me and what she could do. Like if you have something else going on in life, and whatever supposed to happen is gonna happen, it's gonna find you allowed to happen organically, allowed to happen, naturally. And it took it took me forever to get to that mouffuling point. It took me forever. Now I'm just saying it took me. Hey, we could be here for hours talking about that. You know, the ups and downs when it comes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, because because now as a as a as a business, as a business owner myself and trying to grow and what it takes, and the amount of time that I got to spend with my team, and the amount of time that I got to spend with responsors and advertisers, and you're trying to make sure this.
Speaker 2: Thing is right.
Speaker 1: It's hard because I can't serve two masters because she's like, well, let help me. What because you said, well, let's go this.
Speaker 2: No, I got to watch the games, right right?
Speaker 1: You do realize that the reason why I'm playing to talk about and to say what I say is because I watch the games. I don't do the clips. I don't do Okay, watch the game for me, ash or watch.
Speaker 2: The game for me or no, that's not how I function.
Speaker 1: I've got to see it and then I can talk about it with the passion in which I get up there and talk about it. I say, you don't understand this is not about sure. You have to understand what comes along when you with me and there's a lot of sacrifices not only do I make, but in order for my partner, they're gonna have to make those sacrifices also. So there's a lot of times that when your girls going into the Jamaica, Okay, that's what you want to do.
Speaker 2: Go, but I'm not gonna be able to go.
Speaker 1: Their guys might be able to go with them, but their guys don't have the responsibility. And it's one thing. It's one thing when I'm only responsible for me and you. But I got Ash, I got Jordan, I GOTZJ, I got a Shelley, I got other.
Speaker 2: People that are counting on me.
Speaker 1: So this's got to be a success because I've got other people that that that invested in me. Ash left for left a great job at Fox. She said, I believe in you. Shannon Jordan moved from Cincinnati, say I believe in you. C j Left says, Hey, I want to rock with you. So now I'm full I'm full speed ahead. If some things ain't right, this ain't right, fix it, I like, because it's not. It's not about because me.
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can go right back to Atlanta, check my heels up and live and be straight.
Speaker 2: But that's not them. My job is to get them.
Speaker 1: When it's all sitting up, when I say, you know what, guys, I'm stepping away, I want each one of the preeople that work for me say you know what, Hey, you gon, we're going to we.
Speaker 4: Good, We're good. I like that.
Speaker 1: That's what I like that. That's what that's what I work for. That's what I look when and when when Ash or Jordan or CJ. When I see how excited they are to come to work, I said, okay, yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 1: So that's that's how that's that's how I am. So again, please make sure you subscribe button guy. We really really appreciate that guy.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 1: Y'all have done Uncle Ojo. We've grown exponentially. I don't know if you noticed this, o Joe, but we're the ninth Apple or sports podcast.
Speaker 2: With number nine.
Speaker 1: We're number nine with number nine, Wait were number nine nine top ten, number nine.
Speaker 2: Y'all made it possible. Y'all made it possible.
Speaker 4: I appreciate y'all. I appreciate y'all. If you're watching, you know how I feel about you because I tell you I love you. Every day. Thank you, Thank you on behalf of myself and all eighty five of my kids, because if it wasn't for you, they wouldn't be able to eat. If it wasn't for you, they wouldn't be able to eat. Yeah, damn, we go. We're going to We're going to Chris Ruth nine. I'm taking the kids of Chris Ruth.
Speaker 2: You mean Ruth? You mean Ruth Chris? Huh? Who Ruth? Chris Chris?
Speaker 4: Maybe what's the name of the restaurant Chris Ruth?
Speaker 2: Right, Ruth Chris.
Speaker 4: Oh ship, I said it wrong, My bad bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that might be Ruth. That might be Ruth. Brother. He ain't open this story yet though.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't be knowing about that little fancy stuff everybody liked to go to. But I'm gonna take the kids. I appreciate y'all.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: I love you man, Thank you, thank you man. How many subscribers were we at?
Speaker 1: I don't know what you know? So we got a fousand since we just been on there. Ohtod, here is the story I did. I Dina Manzel response over any racial aspect. She was married to Ty Diggs. Yeah, and she said the relationship of the impact. She said, yeah, good actor. It seemed like there was disappointment in the community with him that t digs, a black man was married to a I think she used the word a white Jewish woman.
Speaker 2: That's what he said.
Speaker 1: Hug, he said on the vand lengthen show a man my guy seeing working out all the time, he said, the backlash he received from marrying a white woman and the resentment later built up inside. We left the other part out. But she's Jewish. And so for me, what is your takeaway? And I'm gonna get in to mind. What is your takeaway? She said? He was on the cover of Essence Everything, being interviewed by all these black journalists, and he had his own stuff to deal with that it was less about being successful and more about that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: So what's your takeaway on that?
Speaker 4: I said, Listen, my takeaway, Love is love.
Speaker 2: Love is love.
Speaker 4: I'm just start there. I love is love. It's about finding someone that makes you happy. Now, if you are stuck on race and focus on finding someone of your ethnicity that makes you happy, then so be it. If you are maybe one that wants to venture out and enjoy other ethnicities and other races and trying to and submerge yourself in their culture and understanding their culture and finding love in that way. So be it. When I buy a bag of skin, I'm speaking for me personally. When I buy a bag of skittles, I don't pick and choose which ones I want to eat because I enjoy them all.
Speaker 2: I enjoy it.
Speaker 4: Quick, I enjoy all. I enjoy them all. Everyone has a preference. Everyone should be allowed to have a preference on who they date and who makes them happy. I think limiting ourselves to stay within a race is it's a little tough, and it's a it's a tricky conbo. It depends on the person. That depends on who you are, It depends on your background, and you know somebody, some people some people have parents. You can't you can't, you can't bring some of the opposite race in your home. It just at this point where we are, at this juncture in life in twenty twenty three, the fact that we are still stuck on this is beyond me.
Speaker 1: I'm not as your question, Oh, Joe, they were married for eleven years, and so if they're married for eleven years, they've probably dated for at least two years. So at what point in time in that thirteen year relationship did he realize that she was white?
Speaker 2: Did he wake up one for like? God?
Speaker 4: Do you do you think the pressure in the back lash because he was in an interracial marriage. Do you think it affected him? Do you think it got to him? Did affect his job where he wasn't able to do like something you said, being able to compartmentalize. You think he wasn't able to separate the two.
Speaker 1: I think he allowed the community to make decisions for him. He listened to the community and said, you this promident guy, because what they do is says that white person wouldn't that lady wouldn't talk do you if you weren't who you were?
Speaker 2: Well, whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa?
Speaker 4: Did you know what you just said?
Speaker 1: Yes, I was saying the community, the community would say that white woman wouldn't talk to you if you weren't who you were.
Speaker 2: The community they look at it.
Speaker 4: Neither were the women in the community.
Speaker 1: I get that, Okay, thank you, but my thing is, oh, Joe, why does why?
Speaker 2: Why do I have to live?
Speaker 1: You do realize that when when doctor king Enrosa parks, they were fighting for more than your voting rights, more than a fair housing, more than unempartment rights.
Speaker 2: It was the right to be able to choose a choice, just like abortion.
Speaker 1: That should be that should be between the woman and her doctor, right, Okay, fine, whatever, that's a woman, Okay.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't who I date who I married?
Speaker 1: Shouldn't that be between me and my spouse without outside external forces from either community.
Speaker 2: Y'all don't have to live with them.
Speaker 1: Y'all don't have to feed us, y'all don't have to take care of anything. Why is this such a That's what I don't understand when I saw the criticism that Briannie was getting for taking a white young lady to the farm, and I see some.
Speaker 2: Of these other cat Why does it upset you so much?
Speaker 1: If it doesn't cost you anything thing, if it doesn't take any money out of your pocket, if it doesn't put any money on your table, why are you upset?
Speaker 2: Is somebody?
Speaker 1: Because even though he's dating somebody outside the community, what makes you think I was dating somebody in the community, it.
Speaker 2: Would be you.
Speaker 4: I don't know. It's a tough it's a tough it's a tough topic. It's very, very it can go one of two ways. You know, it can go south or it can go north. There's no in between. Listen, I'm not doctor Umar, you know, so's it's hard for me to really to dissect and get and dive deep into the topic. But all I can see is and say is based on me and preference is I love everybody. I love all walks of life, regardless of where you come from, regardlessthnicity, regards to your background. You know, I'm able to enjoy all circles. I can put myself in any environment and adapt to it. And for that I think, you know, but but but committee, I know, But just having to say, you know what, stick to this and just block off everything else in life. I just I don't know why they do it. You know, they're happy with athletes, with athletes when it basically when it comes to athletes, they say, well, once you get money, we always venture off and go date elsewhere outside of our race, out outside of our race. You know, once you get a little money, you start dating women that you actually wouldn't have access to, and you know, access to get well, that's in general and life and anything that you do you want to you never want to stay the same. I mean, that's just you go for what you like. And that's just the nature of the beast, the way it's always been. Listen, it's all about what makes you happy. What makes you happy. You can't you can't live for nobody else. You just can't.
Speaker 1: Well, I know, the cover of the famous case was a Loving versus Virginia about a black interracial couple that was married. Uh. And you know before it was against the law to cohabitat black and a white couldn't cohabitate together. They threw that your three a half in jail. Well, ye, yes, this was this was they got married in fifty eight. They were arrested, got put in jail. But before it was illegal, black and white couldn't cohabitated that capacity.
Speaker 2: It was illegal. They won the case in nineteen sixty seven.
Speaker 1: It was a it was a movie made about it, Uh, Mildred and Richard Loving.
Speaker 2: But I just I just don't, I just forget that.
Speaker 1: I mean, because I've had people on both sides of the hours treat me good.
Speaker 2: I mean me.
Speaker 1: I mean, for the most part, I look at the Internet when people talking crazy, it ain't it ain't it ain't the opposite race talking crazy to me.
Speaker 2: It's my race.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's my community.
Speaker 2: That's my community. Right.
Speaker 4: So I'm glad. I'm so glad we're on the topic, so that we now that we're on this topic, you have no problem with dating outside of your race, right still.
Speaker 1: I'm just I've dated that, I've dated outside of my race right now. I mean, not a whole It's not I haven't dated the rainboy. It's not like I'm a you know, Hispanic things like that, but it's normally you.
Speaker 2: Know, white and black, right, Yeah, I don't have I don't have a problem. I don't have a problem with it.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, the outside noise. Does the outside noise bother you? Does that deter you from dealing with them? No?
Speaker 1: They don't pay no bills. Ain't nobody the only it doesn't really matter. My grandmother never had a problem with it. And when I dated my grandmother's like she would, they would, she would actually talk to them on the phone. If my grandmother didn't have a problem, Now, if it probably would have been an issue, if my grandmother would have felt some type of way, I probably.
Speaker 2: I don't think I could have gone. I don't think I.
Speaker 1: Could have gone against some wishes, because that's how much an influence that she had on me, but because she embraced it. And I mean when I was growing up working on the farm and and when we needed money, my grandmother would go to Joe Tatum, the guy that we've worked for, and says a joke, and I borrowed thirty dollars. These boys need to go there. So these boys need to get that. They'll pay it back when they start working for you in the summer. Right, He could have said no. So when I look at it, when I and mis Kills, ms Kills treated me like she was my remedial. She was my media reading teacher in high school and my Spanish teacher, and she talked she I mean man, and that woman the way she like I was her own child. She had no fn idea I was gonna grow up to be what I became, but it didn't matter to her. She saw somebody, she saw a young black kid that was struggling because he was bull driving around and she pulled me to the side, and you know what she told me, Oh Joe, She said, Jennen, your brother is sterling.
Speaker 2: That's not you.
Speaker 1: Don't you want your own, right, I taught him. He was great in school, Yes, he was great on the football field. And you're great on the football field, you're great in basketball, you're great in track.
Speaker 2: But you youffing around in here.
Speaker 1: So when I was Spanish class, where everybody else could call the classmates and talk, I had to call her and talk Spanish.
Speaker 4: I could teach you. Look, yo, you know how good is your Spanish?
Speaker 2: Now? It ain't good? Bro?
Speaker 1: That was.
Speaker 2: That was the nineteen eighty seven, So how long would gould that be?
Speaker 4: Okay, that's a man, that's a little man. That's a little bit.
Speaker 2: I did. I did.
Speaker 1: I did just enough because you know, back there, you had to have the classes that were to go towards graduation.
Speaker 2: You had to have thought.
Speaker 1: So I just took that to get that on, to get that up out there, I said, miskills, I got to get up out of here. I gotta I gotta be But I got it out of there. So for me, oh Joe, I don't. I don't have no problem when I see when I see someone from Hollywood that's dating outside of the race, right, I'm like, oh you wait, you get in the Hollywood to get you somebody like that. That man wouldn't even look at you if you would, you don't do that. If I see somebody walking down the street, Hey you comfortable. Oh man, it looks so happy. That's how I look at it, because it ain't take it.
Speaker 2: It doesn't rob me of anything.
Speaker 1: It doesn't rob me of energy, it doesn't rob me of money, it doesn't rob me of time. It takes nothing from me. So I don't get why so many people get so upset. And if it doesn't take anything from you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just been that way for a very long time, and that something like that will never change. It would never change. And just I mean I always say the same thing, man, they who makes you happy? And again, like me, I love everybody. It's it's always been a moniker of mind. It's something that I've always tweeted and always preached for the longest. And it's the fact that we're still on that, especially at this day and age. It is what it is. And I think just our people, our race really wants us with us. And maybe there maybe other races feel the same way, but they're not.
Speaker 2: You want to happy? Yeah, don't you want to us happy? Yeah? Don't you want to be happy.
Speaker 1: And I'm not saying you can't be happy with your own race, right, But if I'm happy, if I find somebody and I'm happy with them, don't you want me to be at the end of the day. Yeah, if that person isn't mistreated me, if that person isn't harming me, don't you want my happiness above all else?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I want people to be happy right now, above all else. Oh, Joe, forget all of that. I want you to be happy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, bababe, You happy, Okay? Yeah, Yeah, I'm just making sure. She said sometimes Now she said, she said.
Speaker 1: You said you she said, you just told me to the Usher concerts, So I'm happy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well she paid for it, so.
Speaker 2: Rail you paid for a time on Reil.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, she ain't a bread with or not me.
Speaker 2: What you want me to do? Rail?
Speaker 1: A real he's making good money over here, real, hey, making good money. I know he ain't told you.
Speaker 4: Listen, sir, she making ten times what I'm making. I'm not, ain't man funk all.
Speaker 1: That just just temporarily, just a temporarily, that's the timporarily. You got me, you got me, hey, Hey, go ahead, let me know because I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't even talk back right now. Let me know when the money start rolling there because I can't even talk back right there.
Speaker 5: Get out, get out you you know, whoever control control of the money, control the lots.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, listen, you ain't got to tell me. I'll be walking on eggs shell some time, broy, you ain't got to tell me. He help me out.
Speaker 1: I remember my grandfathers used to tell my aunts. They was like, he was like, okay, be back in the house at this time. You know, they grumble. My grandfather said, don't grumble and statem he said, he said, don't tell me, don't tell me what a sorry you know what I am, And stay in my under under my roof, right right right, get your own place and tell me what I both for I am. Yeah, like that, and eventually they did. Yeah, they got to be. Oh yeah, for sure. My grandfather roole thinking with the iron fists. Yeah, he didn't didn't play. I mean, yeah, so it was.
Speaker 2: It was. It was the best.
Speaker 1: Uh hey, shout out the puff who just donated fifty dollars, Puck, we appreciate that now he did it?
Speaker 2: Puff?
Speaker 1: Looking at that that might be might have been Diddy Hey, hey, Puffy, I wouldn't say that. Baby appreciate that nothing. He can't get no credit for this with this.
Speaker 4: He gave this the he gave a whole.
Speaker 2: Get a whole here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the NFL is not only allowing but they're encouraging active players to participate it participate in flag football. In the twenty twenty eight Olympics in l A. Everybody keep saying, uh, the US A gonna run away with this.
Speaker 2: Who's your who's your call? Okay, twenty twenty eight? Who's your quarterback?
Speaker 4: Twenty sweet quarterback? You might let's go pack?
Speaker 2: Okay, you go, Okay, who you are? Receivers?
Speaker 4: Give me Tyreek, Justin Jefferson and Jamar Chase.
Speaker 1: Now you do realize that these guys gonna be have to like have to to kind of go hot browth way.
Speaker 2: So you just can't just low, Okay, who you're gonna be.
Speaker 1: Your dB because you probably need you probably need the smaller. This is flag football, now, Yeah, they catch the ball, they're gonna need to be in the pool flags.
Speaker 4: Joe, hold on, hold on, okay, Okay, I got you all right, you know Sathi Samuel Jr. Samuel Jr. Give me I'm trying to think of DB's that are really twitchy. Give me Marshaan Lattimore, a Terrell Are No, Denzel Ward. I'm trying to think of people that are really twitted, like twitchy, twitchy, Denzel Ward, Marshaan Lattimore, and the Sati Samuel Jr.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, because you know, you know, you know, Jamaican's got some speed too, now, but the only thing about them they don't know how to.
Speaker 2: Control that speed. I guess it did a whole lot of Jamaica straight.
Speaker 4: They run it straight if it ain't if it ain't soccer, if it ain't soccer, they ain't ready. We would run away with that. Now you think you know, live it man Olympics.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh.
Speaker 1: Joe, but you do realize that they got like like the other countries, they've already started flag league, so we got flag leagues also.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're saying flag leagues.
Speaker 2: Yes, So you said, for god those and let the NFL players come in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that wouldn't be fair. That wouldn't be fair. I'm just saying no, honestly, listen, and no disrespect to the game of football today, but they damn they're playing flag football new pass on for sure. I mean I mean that with all due respect.
Speaker 1: Right, it's it's it's a it's a different ball game. We understand why with the head trauma, uh, with CTE, with some of our most prominent players of leaving early.
Speaker 2: Uh and so we do understand, but it is a different game.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a The game is a lot more speed, it's a lot more uh uh technical now than just so so much the less physicality. Right, so you had to have skill obviously, but you had to have well, you have to have a big one of these. Yeah, you think, because guys are looking at the chick. Okay, we're gonna get out here on this one. Jared Judy says, stats doesn't tell the story open. But the old line don't do their thing, The quarterback didn't do his job. The old z puts you in a lot of stuff got to go through as a receiver for you to be successful. And guess what the old line can block. The quarterback can throw you the ball. The quarter the courding that it could call it great play and you ain't get open. Now, who fought is that?
Speaker 4: Jerry Judy is in a tough situation that's my dude, that's home team. I love him to death, but all I need is to put his head down and keep on chopping wood. Keep on chopping wood, because you're in a situation that you can't win.
Speaker 2: You in a situation cherry unwinnable.
Speaker 4: I know you, Finnah, see this. You ain't You ain't gonna win this one. Put your head down, put the dreads in them, put the dredds back in the ponytail, and then go to work. You know what you could do. I know what you could do. I stood on ten toes by you for the longest. Don't even give no bullets to ball material, don't give nothing else to talk about. You in a situation, make the most of it. And if the situation is gonna change, how about you. I need you, my dog. I need you to be the reason the situation changes, be the go to be the solution, not the problem.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a situation where I wish you could have talked to him and says I would put that on me.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I knew you a better job of getting open. I knew I need to do a better job of winning my.
Speaker 2: One on one.
Speaker 1: I need to be I need to step up and have the coordinator have more confidence than me because I'm doing my job. And when they watch the film, they don't have a choice but to give.
Speaker 2: Me the ball. Right. So that's how it was. I got to practice. They have no They had to play me sooner or later.
Speaker 1: Right if I was cooking the guys that they would saying that out there to play on Sunday.
Speaker 2: That was starting. They had to put me in the game sooner later they have no choice. And guess what. And at first they put me in. I was just blocking. But at some point in time, guess what.
Speaker 1: When they go back and watch that film, they was like, man, eighty one open because I started. I was eighty one at first and then I got eighty four and they's like, hold.
Speaker 2: On, man, that was that quarterback. That quarterback went to the pro boil, right, he beat it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hey, So now I come in on Wednesday. They got a little package for eighty four, y'all. Yeah, okay, that's how I guess what you get? That little package got a little eighty four.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And Jim Fossil rest his soul.
Speaker 1: He came in in ninety three and said, son, I don't know if anybody's ever done this, but I would build my office around.
Speaker 4: You tight end. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh man.
Speaker 1: So now imagine, oh Joe, imagine, coordinator comes in because Wade is my head.
Speaker 2: Wade is the head coach.
Speaker 1: Now he was the defensive coordinator, Wade Phillips. See, Wade was a defensive coordinator. When I got to Denmer, okay, Mike Nolan was the linebackers coach. Right, Jarrick Coopy Yak I played with Cool. Cool was my quarter back up quarterback see cove, the one that ripped. Of all the players. Cool helped me the most because Cool would tell me what to do. He's like, Okay, they gonna put you it. Hey, they used to call it because I was big in country. They used to call me greasy. He said, greasy. They're gonna put you in on display.
Speaker 2: Right here.
Speaker 1: This is what you got, he said. Now, if there's a safety in the middle of the field, you run the corner route.
Speaker 2: He says. If you see those safeties and they split, you go down the middle middle.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, So he tell such and such, Hey, get open, I'm gonna give you a pall. So Cool we come in and feed me. Yeah, bro, I mean I mean my second year. So cool coming. He So back then, if a tight end call, like a ten or fifteen yard pass, you got ten dollars. So yeah, back then there wasn't no Saturday caps, so they could do it. So Cooler come in. So I was running with the number two. Cooler come in, said greasy, let's go get some piece of money. So okay, I got me thirty dollars because I didn't hit him up. I didn't hit him up with Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 4: The piece of money was in practice, not the game.
Speaker 2: No, in practice. We did training camp.
Speaker 1: Oh yore, Oh man, man, I like that. Cool was like, hey, cool, like a greasy come on, let's get this. Let's let's go get some pizza money. So I'm getting in the game, he said, greasy, I'm coming man, please.
Speaker 2: Man. I was cooking them. I was cooking them backwards and then back then I was too physical for them. I was too physical. I'm talking about they come try to they come try to press me.
Speaker 4: Uh get yours?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they got a card.
Speaker 1: I got a card with a Henley, the one that got in trouble. He tried to put a hit that he's running. He was doing cocaine. He tried to put a hit on the judge. He's serving forty years, played for the Rams.
Speaker 4: He tried to put a hit on the judge.
Speaker 2: Oh, he tried to put a hit on the judge. Oh he he was in the league and had a whole cartail, had a whole operation.
Speaker 4: Oh he watched too much TV man, Oh.
Speaker 2: No he had. Oh they did try to put a hit on the judge. Oh he could. They gave him fault. It faught it long one. Oh.
Speaker 4: So he out, now, no, he ain't out.
Speaker 1: This was in uh, this was in ninety three, ninety three, ninety four, that mighta been ninety four to ninety five.
Speaker 2: He got so what is so five fifteen, twenty five shorty five? Oh he gonna pull all that time. Yeah, okay, yeah, he gonna pull all that time. Eight he told the judge, And they judge. I can't do all the time to judge. They do what you can, judge, they do what you can. You can't do it all. Just do what you can and whatever you got left over, we'll let that go. But just do what you can't. Yeah, yeah, man, but those were black in the day. Again.
Speaker 1: Please hit that subscribe button. And tell your friends to do the same. And remember Sunday we got a very very special giveaway on today, so on the episode of a Nightcap, So please stay tuned, tune in Sunday we got a special giveaway.
Speaker 2: This thing gonna be lit. Oh yo yo, thank you God for another watching another episode of Nightcap. What you got? What you got? What you got? Where you going to talk about? No, listen, do you want to talk about you?
Speaker 4: Now? Listen? I just saw something, right it quick quiler excert excerpt. So you you ain't got no old lady?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: And I told you I was searching. I've been looking, I've been talking to some people, right, And then it's so crazy, like the speed up the process, like oh, ship, this really makes sense. Boom, you know, one plus one equal to So I looked at him like, oh I saw kim k Like she said, like, oh, I'm looking for an older man, you know, after my separation from from Pete Davidson. I'm like, oh shit, Like that's crazy. Listen to me, stay with me, that baby, stay with me.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I wish I wish you.
Speaker 4: It's perfect. I just talked uncle, and I'm just saying, well, uncod going on, you know, the vision and being focused and him being busy. Well, Kim would be the perfect person because she busy and he be she be focused. So whenever they have time to get together, boom we could and knowing but Chris Jenner, what she could do? What y'all coming to y'all could be like a power like a power like power Rangers or a power couple, whatever they call it. Like, what you think about that before before I make that call? What you think about that?
Speaker 2: Man, Kanye are gonna write on this track about me, He's gonna.
Speaker 4: Right listen, Kanye is in, is married, he's gone, he's in it. He's just he ain't even in the picture right now. So I'm saying I'm saying this with all due respect before I made this call. And you know, think about what happened with Travis Kelce. Stay with me, Stay with me, understand Taylor Swift came into his life and everything exponentially just shot up. Think about what with with with Kim and that that entity itself can do for club shake shape? Right, huh? Talk to me, stay with me now? Yeah, let me know, let me let me know before, let me know. Wait, hold on, let me see it. Let me know before I made the call.
Speaker 2: First of all, what you think I read? I heard what she said. I read it in the article.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, she said.
Speaker 2: She's looking for someone in the forties. Clearly I'm not in my forties.
Speaker 4: Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait. You gotta understand you're black, right, so you don't really have to be in it. You could be in whatever age you are. You look forty, so it don't matter because we age different, we age gracefully. So you get our fifty is really forty sometimes thirty, depending on who you are.
Speaker 2: So you good.
Speaker 4: So you you check that box, and now find me another excuse.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't really have an excuse for your other than the fact that play it cool. Now there's none of the visit.
Speaker 2: Oh your the visibility. Man, I'm a private I'm too private. No, not too private. I wish I wish you the best, the best.
Speaker 4: Let's not play this game now, you just so you were just on a goddamn day with Slini gold Man and try to play it off like y'all didn't come together by leaving separately and just so happen. Your car ain't come up in a goddamn time. Now you talk about you scared of some goddamn visibility. That's what you need right now. That's what we're trying to do. Then, vision that you have and the people that you have to take care of that you just named early in the show, and trying to reach that pinnacle of success where y'all could at some point say you know what we've done. You having that into your life can get you to that goal much faster than anybody else. Yeah, but you need to be but you know you need to rethink this because you're not You're not thinking straight right now. Look, you're not thinking straight right now. That's that's the problem you Well.
Speaker 2: No, I am.
Speaker 1: Look for me, Like if I went away tomorrow, the kids, my sister, my mom, they straight ain't nobody got to work the rest of their life if they didn't want to. Hopefully my kids are not like that and say it's okay, I got this amount of money, I'm done with it.
Speaker 2: I need to sit down and just chill.
Speaker 1: I hope only that's not the case right right, but now is for the opportunity for the people that's helping me with Shaysha media, all the people now from the ground floor that started with me. When we grow and I say, look, God has been a great run. But now it's time for me to enjoy some of the things that I've accumulated. It's time for me to step away. If they want to continue to work, that's them. Hey, Ashley twenty plus years younger than me, Jeordan thirty years younger than me, whatever the case may be, CJ.
Speaker 2: Whatever he wants to do.
Speaker 1: That's a decision that they can make. But I do want to put them in a situation. But if they say, you know what, man, I work part time, but I ain't been the grind like we've grinding.
Speaker 2: For the last ten five ten years, right, that's that's what I want to do.
Speaker 1: I want to I want to be I want to be able to do for my workers what I've seen some of the other corporations do for the workers that got in at the bottom floor.
Speaker 2: The kids, straight, the kids, the grandkids, They're gonna be straight, right.
Speaker 4: You know, I need you to see the bigger picture. Right now, young you're not seeing the bigger do.
Speaker 2: You can you? Let's just say, for the sake of argument, let's just say for the sake of where we go.
Speaker 4: Now we're on the same page.
Speaker 2: Nowaday you talk to me, bro I went out with Kim Kardashian. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, we'll wake up tomorrow and Uncle o Jo would have two million subscribe.
Speaker 4: Subs five five million, five.
Speaker 2: You would to have three billion subs.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, that's now we're on the same page. Come on now, now, come on now, Kim, Kim, I know you're gonna see this. Kim, listen to me, chest not check his mama. You know, with all the respected.
Speaker 2: Look what they've been able to do. I think they're an amazing fan.
Speaker 4: Not phenomenal, phenomenally What what what Chris.
Speaker 1: Has been able to do for her daughters a lot of times? What the the what Kim went through? What a derail crippled anybody else's career for for them to clean that up, to package that and to go to where they went to ascend.
Speaker 4: To the heights, the highest, the highest of heights.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, but uh, I wish you the best, o Joe, I really do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't worry about it. I got you. I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna make that call. I'm gonna make that call because you know, I know people in high places.
Speaker 1: I know you know, yeah, look o Jo, you know and the last and the last probably like two months. Yes, sir, I've been in touch with people and people will.
Speaker 2: Stot, hey give him my number. No no, no, no no no.
Speaker 1: But I'm talking about the business. So you saw up, you saw I sat up? Yeah, yeah, yeah no no no no no no no no no no no no trust me. No women to have reached out uh uh and try to hit you with the number. But but it's just the relationship and what club shah and what uh not cap and and being on ESPN is and what it's been able to do for my brand and the opportunity that I've been able that I've been afforded and I've been able to to to get if you're an opportunity and hopefully you can take it and like, okay, yeah, I like uncle Ojo, But hey, I kind of want to do something also.
Speaker 4: I want to Yeah, I want to. I want to do first take. And I've been asking for a whole month. I been asked to do first take for a whole month, and still to this day, I ain't getting nothing. But excuses, but it's okay, but go ahead, o jo ojo.
Speaker 2: We were doing so good. I mean he was courteous, you recepted the courtesy, you were understanding, and then boom. I know.
Speaker 4: I'm just still we're still at square one. Sometimes sometimes in life, all you need is to pick me up. I need you, I need you to be I need you to I need to be Travis Kelsey. I need you to be my Taylor Swift. Bring me and put me on first take, and I do. I take care of the rest from them.
Speaker 2: That's it. You have you ever been on first take before?
Speaker 4: Yeah? About twenty years ago. About twenty years ago. Yeah, twenty years ago, and I out debated stephen A and Skip. Yeah they could. They couldn't touch me. They couldn't touch you.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they have your info. Yeah no, no, no no.
Speaker 4: I don't want them to call me. I want you to give me the call so I can feel proud that, you know what, my partner, someone that I can fight and someone that I trusted, someone that gave me an opportunity to have a little bit of visibility, got me that job. I don't want them to hit me. I want you to be every like, oh, hoe, you won't believe.
Speaker 2: This, bro, how do you expect me to get you a job?
Speaker 4: That's you have the power? I ain't you just said that you have. You have been afforded the opportunities that have come for you, and that is where you take me. You take your partner with you. Well, listen, they got me this. That's what we do.
Speaker 1: That's what we're doing, and right now, our partnership, it might just be digitally, and that's.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're not It ain't gotta be digitally.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just saying it might not be linear. We might not have a show on regular television.
Speaker 1: And that's okay, right, because think about it, mister Beast does fifty sixty million dollars a year and he's not.
Speaker 2: On one regular channel. Everything he does is digitally.
Speaker 1: There are people Joe Rogan, he's not on regular television, right, he does thirty million a year.
Speaker 2: So we've got to get out of that mindset about TV. TV is great.
Speaker 4: I just want to be on. I just want to go on first take once.
Speaker 2: That's all. I like it. I like what.
Speaker 4: I like this, what we're doing. I ain't saying this got to be this. I'm talking about the separate entity in itself. I'm trying to diversify my portfolio. I want my resume to say, oh he been on first take. Oh he got clubs, work, huh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, doing a little do a little a tech, h a little uh, oil and gas, yeah, uh yeah, a little some of the financials.
Speaker 2: You be straight. Her bitcoin is making a comeback.
Speaker 4: But hey, I ain't trying to do all that.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: I need I need something. I need. I need the people to see this. They look at you.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at you too. Yeah I like it.
Speaker 4: But but we're good. I mean we're we're We're tap back in and and we'll revisit this back in. Uh, what's today Monday? Well today, what's today?
Speaker 2: Thursday?
Speaker 4: Oh it's Thursday. Listen, we'll revisit this conversation Sunday.
Speaker 2: Oh what what what we're gonna visit? Oh?
Speaker 4: Just about about what direction not were trying to go into? What direction we're trying to go into. As far as finding you a partner. We got to fix that because because I love what you're trying to do. But yeah, it ain't gonna be complete until it has the touch of a woman that understands what you have going on and willed to sacrifice to take that journey with you.
Speaker 2: Hold on.
Speaker 1: Tyreek was just on TV the other Shannon Sharp was just on TV the other day and saying Tyreek is the most dangerous weapon in the league, like, oh, two years ago, I couldn't do this.
Speaker 2: What did I say? You couldn't do.
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 2: No, Tyreek.
Speaker 1: Ty Reek was on his podcast today and he said Shannon Sharp just the other day said Tyreek was the most dangerous weapon in the league, like two years ago, I couldn't do this? What did I say you couldn't do I'm always giving you your flower. You said you started out. I said, you started out as a gadget guy. You talked yourself thro route tree because mainly you was a punt returner. You had a little packag. You're a point returner, kick return you have packages. You turn yourself into a great receiver. Now you're every down player and you're well on your way to the Hall of Fame. I think it was like when Steve Smith said, Steve Smith and I had a conversation, yes, sir, and when I said hands and he said Tyreek was a body well he was a body catcher.
Speaker 2: Look but see here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Now, he took what I said, and let's just say, for the sake of argument, he said what I said. Why he didn't give me why you see what he said. Oh the other day shatter sharp said he was the most dangerous repord and two years ago.
Speaker 2: See, he didn't leave it at that. He went back.
Speaker 1: You see how the minus wire, you see how the human wire is wire. Not the praise, but the magg something that I said that I did it. I don't remember saying it. But if I said I'm gonna go back, I go back and see. But I think over the years it's probably seven hundred and fifty great things to one. But that didn't matter only if you don't praise these guys in today's game, every single word that comes out of your mouth.
Speaker 2: I mean, I didn't beat you up with.
Speaker 1: Those when your last year there you had like three or four picks that went off your hand, three or four balls that went off your hand and got intercepted.
Speaker 2: I didn't kill you.
Speaker 4: I didn't see it. I didn't see it. So it's hard. It's hard for me to but.
Speaker 1: Still I still think he's a phenomenal receiver. I hope he goes over two thousand. I think I still think he's the most dangerous man in football, regardless of position. And so that's that's where it is. He's from Georgia. I have the utmost respect for him. I met his mom when they came and did my podcast. So, Ree, if you feel offended by something that I said, I apologize.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tyree, why don't you telling people how to lock your ass up in the offseason. Yeah, I'm the only one that don covered him, only one.
Speaker 2: I love him.
Speaker 4: I love him to death.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, Oh Joe, you can't be no dB at what you WHOA the footage is on film?
Speaker 4: Asked, asked Tyreek? What I did to him? Asked a B. What I did to him? And Jamar Chase, as Davante Adams and Justin Jefferson. I locked them down.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 1: Oho, you kind of slew for the though who you I am?
Speaker 2: I am?
Speaker 4: That's that's why I can stop on a dime.
Speaker 2: What they call you, they call you back, they say when you were to call you slop.
Speaker 4: The fact that I'm slow for is why I'm able to run full speed and stop like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm special man, special man.
Speaker 2: Got to do that. Huh yeah, because you know what I saw it.
Speaker 1: I saw it on ah, I saw it on a on YouTube, but I couldn't find it where he's actually saying because he was talking and you know, I just try to get to the part where he said that.
Speaker 2: He where he said that he called me out.
Speaker 4: But you gotta but here.
Speaker 1: But it's called like, uh up there to your resume, tyree. So let me ask you a question. If you were to win Offensive Player of the Year this year, why did you win in the year's past? Maybe some things change. You see how that works out, Joe. Yeah, So are you going to say, when y'all vote the offensive player four years ago?
Speaker 4: What changed?
Speaker 2: Mm?
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 4: Listen, it's it's the nature. It's the nature of the beast, and understand and understanding. I want our current players today to be able to take criticism a little bit better, understand that it's not personal.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: But they will remember it. They will remember it. And I know because I'm still I'd like to say, I'm still young myself, but not too far removed from the game. And anytime I hear anything negative, well, I'm one of the few who don't care. I just you know, I just don't care what nobody say anyway, but at times that it bothers the players at times. At times it bothers the players and it can affect them and they remember that stuff and they hang on to it and they have a resentment towards the people that say some of the things that they say. That's why I'm so careful. That's why I'm so careful at times with being too critical because I used to once be that player. I used to want to be on that field. I was once one of the players that dropped balls, had bad games. So it's it's to me, it's it's very hard for me to sit up here and be like, well, god damn, you should have did this, But goddamn, you should have did that. You should have did that, because I was once in that position, so I empathize with them.
Speaker 1: But because because you were in that position, you know what's capable for guys that's in that position. So you're not you're not speaking from someone that doesn't know, because you've been an All Pro, You've been a Pro Bowl receiver, so you you're speaking from a point of knowledge.
Speaker 2: See those that can do those that can talk right.
Speaker 4: Right, So I differently already did though it's not right. And again this is this is training that I will do so I can, so I can find that happy medium where I can be critical and still it's not you know, like my grandma used to tell me, it's not what you say, is how you say it, and that's all that comes down. It's not what you say and just how you say it. Delivery is very important. You you've had, you've had, you've been married before, right, you've been married. No, no, well you had a woman. It's not what you say, it's how you say it. Depending on who you're talking to, delivery has to be on point, o Joe.
Speaker 1: You can tell a woman say babe, yes sir, I don't. I don't if I don't think you should wear that?
Speaker 2: Are you.
Speaker 1: Look at my delivery, maeobe, I don't think you should wear that. It didn't matter because the way she the way she perceived it. So it doesn't matter how you come at these guys delivery. In fact, it's just the fact that you're not praising them. Because when you when you oh Joe, you know this, when you're a professional and you good, and all you get is praise, praise, praise and you don't hear anything negative. When you hear negative, you forget about all the praise. That's why the wins never feels as good as the bad loss hurt right right right, So no matter how much, no matter how much I praise the player, I can praise the player for ten years.
Speaker 2: The one time in time I.
Speaker 4: Say, yeah, you're right, you're right by that, you're right bay that listen, and ain't we it just we talk about life in general, talk about when people always need something and you always give, give given. Then one time you say, no, oh, nigga, you ain't never, you ain't never done nothing for a nigga. Man, you ain't and that's all you.
Speaker 2: Add your funny.
Speaker 4: Now, Oh, it's like that.
Speaker 2: You got to.
Speaker 1: You got to put limits on what you give because takers will never putting.
Speaker 2: Limits on what they take take.
Speaker 4: Oh no, never, never, So.
Speaker 2: You got to put the limits on it. Bro Oyo.
Speaker 1: I can take a thousand pictures, Yeah, I don't take a thousand and one. Man, I start the shop the other day. He ain't take no picture. He too good, bro, I just took a thousand Yeah, I sign a thousand dollars bro right, Oh man, man, man, I don't mess with that.
Speaker 2: Then that he thinks he better.
Speaker 1: Bro, you can't please never, you can't. You can now, it's impossible. It's impossible once you realize that, no matter what you do. Let's just say I had thirty billion dollars.
Speaker 4: I give you will you will if you talk to Kim, But go ahead, I give.
Speaker 1: Let's just say, for the sake of argument, O Joe and I gave. I gave an institution five million. Right, he only gave him five million. He worked thirty billions, rountw you count my pockets. But you see what I'm saying, don't you. It's not the fact that I gave, it's that you didn't give enough enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, do all this.
Speaker 4: It's always been like that though always it is always. It's never satisfying to the people. That's not even given. It's never enough to people, not even given.
Speaker 1: So I've learned, Hey, I'm gonna live my life. I can't please everybody. I'm gonna be I'm gonna be the best person I possibly can. And that's all I got for you. So I'm not I'm not perfect. I don't try to be perfect. I've made mistakes, I'm gonna make some more. I'm gonna make some more. People make mistakes, and I'm a firm believer the best. You know, the best apology for a mistake is changed behavior.
Speaker 4: Behavior. That's a good one. I'm glad. I'm glad you said that. I'm glad you said that. Now I know you want to go because I know you you got you got first take tomorrow.
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm sleeping in. I'm sleeping there tomorrow. Right. Good.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you see me. We finna stay in on.
Speaker 2: The best.
Speaker 4: The best apology is change behavior. You understand hum you understand human nature in general?
Speaker 2: I understand human behavior.
Speaker 4: I do you understand? And you understand that human error is inevitable?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Right? So I'm asking you, as a father, as a man, how do you find that happy medium and always riding the fine line of being on the always on the end of right instead of wrong?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Oh choe, I really just try to like set my ego aside. Yeah, and can see myself as that person but your own. You can only do it if you set your ego aside right and pride. I can see being coming from where I came from. Foutain square club send the block home cement floors in the roof. People only see this aspect.
Speaker 2: Of Shannon, right.
Speaker 4: They don't see end product, yes.
Speaker 1: But they didn't see the no indoor plumbing. They didn't see that. They didn't see having it in the eighties. I'm not talking about nineteen thirties, forties and fifties. I'm talking about the eighties. Shannon was going to the wood to relieve himself. So you didn't see that. You didn't see Shannon drawing well water, you didn't see that. See all you see is this.
Speaker 2: So I can emphathize for somebody that doesn't have this now because I didn't. I had that before.
Speaker 1: So I divorced this Shannon because I remember that Shannon, and I realized that there are people that are less fortunate.
Speaker 2: I'm thankful that I have medical.
Speaker 1: Care and I'm able to get screened, and I'm able to provide for my family. But I used to think the same thing. I did it, why can't you? And then one night, one night, I just had a vision and I thought to myself. I was sitting on my bed, I said, because everybody didn't have me reporter, everybody didn't have a sterling shark.
Speaker 2: Everybody didn't have a share of shark.
Speaker 1: So God put things in my life that maybe somebody else has something else, but they didn't have fact right.
Speaker 2: So once I realized that it was easy for me. It's like I never said, oh they couldn't. No, you don't know.
Speaker 1: You never unless when people say, oh yo, you know to saying that walk them out of somebody's shoes. And if you remember my Hall of Fame speech, I said, if you walked them out of my shoes, you wouldn't do me justice. You need to spend twenty years in my life to feel what I felt, to eat what I ate, to live how I lived, because that one mile that you been in my shoes might have been the best day of my life.
Speaker 2: And see now you got a falsees or what it was like to be shut a drop for twenty years.
Speaker 4: Woo, come on, preachers.
Speaker 1: So it's so easy for me to divorce myself, my ego and empathize with somebody else. I've never been a selfish player. I've always been a team player. I'll take a hit for the team. I'm cool with that. I want to see everybody succeed my teammates that I think people and people like you need to ask my teammates and I'm not talking about it, and I'm not talking about the famous ones. That's got to say the right thing because if they don't, it might get out. Ask the ones that's not and ask them how it was in the locker room. Go back to Glennville High, go to Savannah State, go to Denver, go to Baltimore.
Speaker 4: Ask them.
Speaker 1: Ask the people at FS one from the I could floor down what Shannon Shark was like. Ask the security when you go to the front guard gate, ask him what Shannon was like. When you go to when you go to the restaurant mods and where they got breakfast? Ask them, Ask him in the makeup room, ask him in the wardrobe room right, and then go to Denver and ask the equipment guy. Ask the people at the front as the videographers. Ask the people in the training staff it's him. Ask Mike, what the what the hell you expect them to save? Ask John, expect them to save.
Speaker 4: Right right right right?
Speaker 2: Go ask the people ask stephen A. Ask the people at the front what's he like. I know it's only been a month.
Speaker 1: Or two, but ask him. Go the whole foods, go to target ask those people.
Speaker 2: I like it. I like it. That's I'm just I'm just who I am. You know. I don't put on no fraud. I don't try to be something that I'm not who I'm who I am.
Speaker 4: I think that's why we get it get along so well. I think that's why we get along so well. Everybody will talk about, oh, y'all got such great chemistry, Oh y'all, y'all, y'all meshed well together. But I think what makes it so easy because we're just being truly organically and authentically ourselves. So it just it just it just flows naturally. People have watched the show and said, God, damn well, y'all great together? How long y'all been doing this? But ship we didn't even got no goddamn script. This is we ain't got no script. But it goes so well and everywhere everywhere I'm going, oh my goodness, I'm in Vegas people, hey the show man, but you and sharing them and it's great. How long y'all been practicing? Practicing? What he says off the ridd and what you're saying is right, is off the cuff. It's just it's just natural, and it's.
Speaker 2: Just I think the thing for you is that you knew me.
Speaker 1: We had a little little conversation, a little dealings with each other, but not that much, right, And when I sought across from you in the restaurant, I said, look, I'm picking you because I think you can do it. I think we can do it. I think we can do great TV And I said, all I want you. I want to put you in a situation where you can grow. Now what you do with what you do with the seeds that I give you, whether you choose to plant them, whether you choose the water them, whether you choose to fertilize them, that's on you. But I am going to give you the seeds to grow whatever you want to grow. And at the end of the day, that's it. So you will never say, ah, man that he ain't help me. He could have gave me a chance. That's all I can do. And have a level of respect. I respect what you did, I respect how you did it. And at the end of the day, you know that I sincerely want the best for you. This is not transaction, you know, I sincerely want you to succeed. I want you to be the best you can possibly be. Because I think you deserve this opportunity. I think you've earned this opportunity, and not only but to grow. Each show you.
Speaker 2: Get better and better, You get better and better.
Speaker 1: And eventually we're gonna climb and we're not gonna be number nine, We're gonna be number one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that's what it's about for me, Scott, to give other people opportunities.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm gonna give you the opportunity.
Speaker 1: What you do with it, because a lot of times you get people opportunity, they say when you when you, when you give someone up with opportunity knocks, a grumbler complains about the noise.
Speaker 2: I like that, give you the opportunity. Listen.
Speaker 4: But you know what I did with it. I then plant them my seeds. I threw a little vagger in that so could grow a little faster.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're laughing.
Speaker 4: Listen, I'm in my element. I'm in my elementor talking sports, talking life. Turn the cameras on and I'm ready. I'm going. I said, listen, you you tried to get off thirty minutes ago. You notice I'm still sitting talking.
Speaker 2: But I know you are.
Speaker 1: But I'm about to get off here right now though, Thank you watching another episode of night Cap out of your favorite shop. Here's your favorite number eighty five six styme Pro Bowl player Cincinnati being a Hall of rig of Favor legend, Chad doesn't your family?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm I made my loan. Goddamn jacket. I'm all one on one.
Speaker 2: Were you at the Liberty City Hall of Fame? That's good blessing, good night, every Wow catch out