Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably shake d I am Jaselle Bryant.
Speaker 1: What's up? What's up y'all? This is Robin Dixon. Thank you once again? We're listening to us, Yes, once again.
Speaker 2: And if the people don't know, we all season three? Okay? Is that incredible? It's just amazing.
Speaker 1: It's incredible.
Speaker 2: It feels like just yesterday we were like, oh, we should do a podcast. Do we think we were gonna get fired after season one?
Speaker 1: I didn't know that we were want to make it through season one. I mean, I'll be honest, Like, recording a podcast consistently, I think a lot of people don't realize, like, is a lot of work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: And so I'm actually surprised that Robin Dixon, as.
Speaker 2: Am I has done this.
Speaker 1: For now almost three years.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I'm proud of you. Robin. You have committed to something I sure have. Yeah, you've committed to me being in your house regular basis. Poor baby. Anyway, I think that oh oh, we have so much to talk about. But anyway, let's get into our Reasonably Shady moment of the week. Do I have one?
Speaker 1: Of course? Yeah? Mine I think was yours recently. But like my allergies yesterday, no, two days ago started kicking my ass like literally, yes, Like I woke up. My throat was all scratchy, like my whole being was like I literally and I'm still You can probably hear the congestion in my voice. Yeah, like I literally am like this can't be allergies. I'm like, is this a cold? Is this COVID? Because it's out of control?
Speaker 2: Did women have you gotten tested?
Speaker 1: I got tested yesterday, so I don't know the result.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I got my result back. Oh you do? Yeah, so you should have your asap. Oh did they tell you your results? They send it to me. They emailed me.
Speaker 1: Oh they didn't do that for me. Okay, okay, Like I can't even believe that I'm sitting here with you. Why because I really want to just be in the bed. Like that's how like how much it has like taken out of me. Oh wow, and it's so crazy. What I mean, I take Zyrtech.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe you should switch and like do a zerttech clarity like switch up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean I'm all congested it's like in my head, it makes it's making me feel like drowsy. It's like, yeah, it literally gives you all the cold and COVID feels.
Speaker 2: They said that this year the pollen situation.
Speaker 1: Is really bad. Yeah, really really bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't really don't know why, yeah, why, but I can tell that it's like on my grounds of my house, like that that green yellow stuff. Yes, which it normally is not like that, but it's like thick up on my house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just see my car. So this probably should be my other shady moment. I'll save that for next week because I'm sure it's gonna be the same situation. But what is it for a reason? My car has been parked in the driveway when it's normally not anyway, So yeah, my car. It's like I have to go to the car wash like every day. Like I belong to one of those like where you can just like drive you have a membership, yeah, oh wow, yeah, because yeah, it's the problem.
Speaker 2: I they every time I go, which is weekly, they asked me do I want a membership? And I say no, But then I'm back the next week, so they always are looking at me like you want a membership, and I'm like, no, you know what, I just don't want to be tired. I don't want to commit to another thing in my entire life. I want to commit to nothing.
Speaker 1: But is think about it. Every time you go you are like paying, You're like actually like pulling out your wallet and paying. Yeah, if you have a membership, you don't even have to do that part. Do you know what I'm saying. It's like you get like some sort of like a reader, either they read your license plate or they read the you know, little bark they give you, and you just automatically like boo, go through, like you don't have to stop and talk to anyone.
Speaker 2: Okay, that that would make me, yes, that now, that would make me do it. However, I just don't want to. I want to. I don't want a commitment. Oh don't make me commit to what?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I actually have two car wash commitments.
Speaker 2: So I have well to give me.
Speaker 1: One. No, no, no one like it's only a plaster my car. Oh one has one too, like he's at the car wash all the time. We actually, years ago, when he was in the NBA, We're gonna we wanted to open a car wash and I regret not doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah you should have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but anyway, so then.
Speaker 2: I can have free car wash at this point right right right, So I belong to.
Speaker 1: I belong to a car wash, a touch free car wash, so where you just like pull in it's just machine like, it's no humans, it doesn't like I can go literally at like two in the morning and the machines just you know wash, remember you go through. And then I also along to a full service car wash where you know, you go through the machine, they wash it and then they tie it down and they vacuum the car and blah blah blah. So I do both of those, who I probably waste my money on both of them, but I think so the way this pollen situation is going on.
Speaker 2: But you're a rich beet, so it's fine. Okay, So I have a shady moment, you do I do? So recently I was traveling and that's actually in the Atlanta airport. What is that called Hartsville at at L hearts is just Hartsfield Hartsville Jackson. There we go that Hartsville Jackson is some shady nonsense going on. Okay, So I.
Speaker 1: Had a minute that's not when where like if you're rushing, like, don't ever be late, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: No, but people in Atlanta, they are weird with it. They're like, oh, you just need to get there twenty minutes before.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: But that's not even the shadiness of it. So I went because you know, I had a little time on my hand. So you know, y'all know me. I'm a little snack girl. So I went to the little confection store. Right it has a bunch of candy. It's on the corner. I wish I knew the name because I would say it. And they have a bunch of candies lined up and then like if you hit the lever, then it falls into the bag. Okay, So they had jelly beans hot to Milly's. I was getting my little stash. So there's a couple jelly beans, because you know, jelly beans changed flavors all the time that I didn't really know what the flavor was. So I had my little bag, I got, I pressed the little thing, got my little jelly beans, and I put my hand in the bag to taste one of them from out of nowhere. When I tell you nowhere, this woman starts screaming, ah, no tasting the candy. No tasting the candy. I said, what, I said, lady, I'm gonna pay for this, like literally, she's me from across my god store. What So I said, no, no, I said. Then I said, because we're in Atlanta and I ain't trying to get locked it. So I was like, lady, first of all, it's a jelly bean, take it easy, right.
Speaker 1: She's like, no, you You are taking away an ounce from one jelly beale and I would have gotten and it was actually a vanilla flavored jelly bean, which I didn't think I would like, but I love yeah, and I would have gotten a.
Speaker 2: Whole lot more had I not gotten screamed at from across the whole store. Oh my god. Thank god I was in there by myself, because otherwise there's been an embarrassing situation that is funny.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, so did you just say getting walk out?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, So I took my bag. I said, lady, I'm gonna pay. Ok huh, took my bag up to her, put it on the little scale thing. I paid my The whole bag cost me four dollars and thirty six cents. Literally, right, four dollars.
Speaker 1: Wait you didn't decide, so you got you got as many as you wanted, or you were just.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I'm not getting more the vanilla bean jelly lady. And she would have had a bigger purchase had she minded her business and let me taste, right, exactly.
Speaker 1: That's where I'm like, she's she's causing a stink and literally turning you off because you could have been in there just you know, yeah, or you might have bought some other ones.
Speaker 2: Right, And it's not a situation where like this is unsanitary like right, because it's you cannot like once the once you pull the lever, then the candy.
Speaker 1: Goes into the yeah, in your bag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so nobody's touching the candy. And she should know.
Speaker 1: She should know the difference between somebody in there who is literally like you know, tasting and not paying right, and people who are tasting so they know whether or not, Like, how are you supposed to know what jelly bean you want?
Speaker 2: That's so crazy? And there there was there could have been ten for me to choose from. And so a she cost a big sale, lady, and two it's a jelly bean, take it exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, So right, she's probably thinking about customers like wand and let me take you won't the other day we were in Costco. Okay, this dude, I told him not to do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, not you told Robin starts the story with I told him not to.
Speaker 1: I told him not. I tried to stop them, okay. So he gets all nostalgic, right and sees like the big box of little Wie Swiss rolls. Okay, okay, and he was like, ooh, I used to love those when I was a kid. I'm gonna get me selling. Let me get some. So he goes, and I'm like don't. I'm like they're disgusting.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, the stuff that we used to eat when we were kids is disgusting.
Speaker 1: Now, I promise you it's disgusting. I'm like, do not get this. Do not bring in a house. We do not need a box of Swiss rolls. I don't want the kids eating that. Whatever, right, So he grabs a box. So he grabs a box, he opens the box. No, he grabs one out and opens a package and proceeds to eat it. And then wait, he said, oh, yeah, this ship is disgusting. No, So then you know what he does he puts it back. He puts the damn box. We were and we were at that point in the owl with like you know where the plastic forks are, right, he puts the box with the owl in the with the plastic forks. He puts the damn uneaten thing wrapper.
Speaker 2: Wine is the reason why I can't taste my telly. That wine is the reason. Does wine? I notice? Is stealing?
Speaker 1: This is called stealing, I said, I said, you're on every camera right now. They're watching.
Speaker 2: They're coming to get on they're coming to get one. Take steal. Following you to the store. Wine out here stealing twins the world. You cannot just because you eat it in the store does not make it free. Okay, Now, my mother, my mother used to to like we be in the store and we be getting groceries. She used to eat the grapes. Well, I taste the grapes, but the first of all, the grapes are dirty.
Speaker 1: I know, So I'll taste that.
Speaker 2: I'll rub them off real good because because the problem is you don't get have you ever you rubbed them off on like.
Speaker 1: My shirt, you know, I'll take like my bottom of my shirt, and I'm real good.
Speaker 2: This is going.
Speaker 1: I'm not. But listen, just listen. How many grapes are expensive?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: How many times have you bought grapes and you get them home and you taste them and they're disgusting, Like they're tart, they're soft, they're not good. So I choose to prevent myself from buying nasty grape right, and I will eat them.
Speaker 2: You got you gotta chalk that up to way because right now y'all are in the hole. The Dixes are in the hole with ship. Did they steal and ship did they pay for?
Speaker 1: No, we're not the amount of money I spend in the damn grocery store and Target and Costco.
Speaker 2: No, they got.
Speaker 1: Plenty of my money.
Speaker 2: So you have to you have to. The scales are tipping one way. They are not a Dixon family. Listen, they're gonna be looking at why next time he comes in.
Speaker 1: I mean, he did it to himself. I told him not to do it. I told him first, I don't do it because that shit is gross. Like you know, like I think, like I think about this stuff I used to like when I was a.
Speaker 2: Kid, and it's probably it was a family box. Was it like a big ruined the whole box. Yes, now that is.
Speaker 1: So now okay, So like if the workers, like, you know, they got to trash it, like I guess they can keep it and eat it.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but who raise your hand?
Speaker 1: People, if y'all still eat that stuff and I'm not, I don't. I don't want to like disparage a company. I just feel like there's a lot of all of that, and it was stuff that I liked as a kid. When I go back and eat some of that stuff that I ate when I was a kid, I'm just like, I can't believe I did that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean you didn't. Your taste buds didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, our taste pods definitely change and evolved. Yes, but I don't even think my kids would want to eat that today. But that's because I've exposed them to better food. And I'm not you know, no shame to my parents or anything, but like, but my parents were feeding me that. Now. When I think about though, I mean, we're like, this is we're just you know, one topic is going to an and you can contribute. Yes, when I think about how I used to eat as a child, and tell me, if this is your childhood. Literally, I think the only thing I ever ate was like chicken in all forms, yes, all forms, yes, baked chicken, fried chicken, you know the rarely was it like a skinless, boneless chicken breast, but that that came a little bit later. What else, like barbecue chicken, like chicken and off forms.
Speaker 2: But mine was like baked chicken, baked chicken, fried chicken, chick, caty, baked chicken chicken. I mean it was like a rotation.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, right, okay, so chicken, chicken, chicken, chicken, along with like string beans. And when I say string beans, the ones out of the can, yes, okay, not the natural you know, not the ones that you you know, put some nice olive ol and salt and pepper and roast them in the the oven, not that ship out the can. And a baked potato.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, we have pke potatoes all the time. Yes, that was like that was what I ate as a child.
Speaker 1: And then oh steak.
Speaker 2: No, we had a lot of fresh broccoli, a lot. Oh I had mushy broccolis. What the hell is mushy broccoli? But it's disgusting.
Speaker 1: I never when I was a child, never had okay, Taco Bell was a treat like Taco Bell was like a once a month treat, right, like, oh, let's go to Taco Bell. Huh okay, But as far as that, it was nothing like.
Speaker 2: But Taco Bell is still good for oh, spaghetti, spaghetti all the time. But Taco Bell to this day is great.
Speaker 1: Eh.
Speaker 2: If you were in a fast food mood, that might happen once every six months.
Speaker 1: Okay, Taco Bell is the ball. It's okay. Maybe if it's like a last resort type of situation, yeah, probably, but then I have regrets later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're sick, but that's not the point in the moment that shit is good. Okay, I ain't good. I went to Hampton University as everybody else. Taco Bell was like, oh yeah, those tacos were forty nine cents at the time, so I could get right, how much does a regular Taco Supreme cost today? I think it's a dollar nineteen. Don't ask me how I noticed it, but anyway, I think it's a dollar nineteen. But anyway, so forty nine cents a meal, I get two of those. I'm good. That's true.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's true.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So like as a child, that was like my that was all I ate. I didn't have sushi until I was like out of college. Yeah, or like so like all the types of all the food that I eat today, Sushi or Indian or oh, we probably have Chinese food every now and then, but not often because my mother protested for reasons I won't get into.
Speaker 2: You might just tell us now, No, I'm not okay, okay, this makes no sense, but.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, like, it's so interesting how basic our food consumption was, right to compare to like what we eat now and compared to what my kids would I feed my kids.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, one summer, I think me and my kids had like this mission. We were like trying new food. So we did everything we did Indian, Malaysian, Chinese, Japanese. Any ease, you did it all? Yeah? Yes, tie yes ye all and then and then you know, like we've landed. We're stuck hard on sushi, like we se shu all the time. Oh yeah, okay, the girls love it.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite?
Speaker 2: They like hand rolls. I like nageary so sam and the tuna, all of it. Actually. The twins' birthday is Two's birthday was yesterday. Happy birthday to Angela Nador.
Speaker 1: And for birthday, I know, what did y'all do?
Speaker 2: We went to you know, we did the weekend of going to different restaurants. So Saturday we went to this new restaurant and it's all all ma Kazi. So and it's extremely expensive. And I don't know why I decided to do this for my kids. Okay, I guess they're worth it. But it's twenty courses. What amazing.
Speaker 1: Where is it?
Speaker 2: It's in the Waldorf Astoria.
Speaker 1: Oh, what's the name of it?
Speaker 2: Sushi? Oh yeah, I think I did hear the kamakazi. Okay, But anyway, and then then and then Sunday we went to like a family dinner. Jamal came in town. That was great. So yeah, like we sushi it up. Yeah, okay, very good.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's like like my kids like sushi. But Corey's a little his Carter's more adventurous. Corey's more like, just give me a California role in a shrimp tomorrow roll.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: But I just think it's so interesting, just how like when I think back to my childhood.
Speaker 2: Like it was a different times, how deprived I was, you know what today, like.
Speaker 1: My parents still have a hard time like venturing out of their box.
Speaker 2: Oh really oh yeah, oh wow, yeah yeah, well we got to get them out the box. No, not happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah maybe maybe. I think my brother tried to like introduce sushi in my parents and they were.
Speaker 2: Like, okay, we got to talk about the Black Effect Podcast Festival. It was amazing. Okay, so everybody who came, thank you so much for coming. Yes, in Atlanta, it was completely sold out.
Speaker 1: It was a huge space and it was packed. Yea, it was a huge space.
Speaker 2: Apparently people even in Atlanta had never been to that area like pull Yard and then I loved the outside. They had like a couple of bars set up, they had fenders. It was amazing.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't think that this was the first time that they did this, because not at all got at all.
Speaker 2: So like shout out to the Black Effect family. Yes, they put together a fantastic event. And we were up there with Michelle Williams a little Destiny's Child situation going down.
Speaker 1: I guess I was Kelly. Yes, I was Michelle, Yes, thank you very much. Michelle was Michelle. I was I was Queen Bee.
Speaker 2: Yes. You can never be Beyonce as much as you have the drama and the hater ration that you give the Queen Bee. I do never.
Speaker 1: The only time I had a little hater ration was just I wasn't feeling the album right away.
Speaker 2: But do you feel it now?
Speaker 1: But that is a yes, I enjoy it now. Okay, okay, but that is that is what a real fan does. They don't just automatically love it.
Speaker 2: No, a real fan loves the shit, flaws and all. Okay, they just love it. Okay, we're gonna need you to get on board. By speaking of Beyonce, you know she's having some irs issues. No, yes, what apparently women who told me this, I don't know, I gotta tell you something that you got wrong last time, not to remember to tell you something okay, got wrong. So apparently there's like eight hundred thousand dollars on account for or something like that that that needs to be paid. Apparently when they did like the the line items or whatever, there was money that was missing that I think she was supposed to pay on come.
Speaker 1: So she so she had like more write offs than who told you this? Where did you?
Speaker 2: I heard this on the radio? I promise you, Russ par Okay, Yeah, so he was talking about it, and he said, so if this is not correct, blamed russpar But apparently it is an eight hundred thousand dollars discrepancy. Can you imagine an eight hundred thousand dollars discrepancy on taxes? That's insanity. I mean I think she can pay it. Between her and Jake, I think they can get it.
Speaker 1: And it's like, first of all, why is this public news? Because it's I doubt it's a case of like tax evasion, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, I don't know. I mean, well, the irs stuff is public? Right? Is it to that degree? I find it's not.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's not public until they file some sort of something. Yeah, it's not public, right, It's not public until they file emotion or whatever of a suit. I don't know that what terminology is.
Speaker 2: I think that was done.
Speaker 1: And how would they let it get to that point unless people aren't reading the notices?
Speaker 2: Maybe so. And it's a lot of it is penalties. You know, they'll get you on some palts and some interest. Yeah, and it's a racket they will make up. Matter of fact. Let me not talk bad about the ir rest. Love y'all, Love y'all. I think y'all are amazing. Oh my god, never come after me. Okay, what did I say wrong?
Speaker 1: Okay, I need you to show me. Yes, oh God, this carpool karaoke between Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera.
Speaker 2: Because you don't think it exists?
Speaker 1: No, because someone emailed us and was like, I've searched and search and searched for this carpool karaoke and.
Speaker 2: It does not exist. Yes it does. How would I make it?
Speaker 1: I do you even know it's not an AI? Do you know it wasn't created by AI technology? Because I promised you that shit would have been everywhere. I never saw it, Okay, I saw it. You saw it in your dreams? Where did you see it? You saw one time?
Speaker 2: I went back and saw it again, like I I watched it several times because it was actually hilarious.
Speaker 1: You saw it on Instagram.
Speaker 2: I saw it on the Instagram.
Speaker 1: Yes, somebody probably they nod together.
Speaker 2: I don't believe that.
Speaker 3: Stay there, Editor Taylor here just popping in to say that Christina Aguilera Britney Spears video is in fact an edit. Video has about ten million views on YouTube and it's been spread across all forms of social media, using two separate carpool karaokes with Christina and Brittany editing them together to make one video. That means that while Giselle definitely saw a video she thought was real, it was in fact a really good at it.
Speaker 2: Back to the show. Okay, so speaking of Christina Aguilera, she has finally decided to speak about h No, she knows she's always thinking. Oh, she has finally decided to talk about the whole Pink situation.
Speaker 1: What was the situation?
Speaker 2: Okay, years ago and y'all lady Marmela. Yeah, beef, they had a beef and Pink sat in a chair and Christina think walked into the room was like, that's my chair. So it was an issue with the chair, right and Pekle was like, listen, I used to be homeless year, I'm not the one I will bang you right now, sis. So there was some words exchange. I'm I'm ad libbing the words. Yeah, clearly and as no carpool carolke was a thing. So they went back and forth and and it was it was resolved, but clearly, like if there's a brawl, we know who's winning that fight. Her name's Pink. Oh they fought, they fought. No, if I'm saying, I don't think it got to that level. But if there were a fight, we know who's winning that fight. I think Pink is a little bit more scrappier than an aguilera. Okay, So Christina finally talked about it. People have been asking her about it forever. Andy Cohen asked her about it. She decided not to say anything. And you know, Andy gets to the bottom of everything. I think Anderson Cooper asked her, Okay, I'm making that up. Don Lemon, who before he got fired, asked okay, okay, so Don, that's why that's why he got Fied's why he got fired because he's asking Christina. Now listen, we won't get to Donna Mary. So Christina says, look, I just don't want any negativity in my life. I'm at a place where I don't give a ship about anything. Oh yeah, she got the cussing and everything. Where where was this? It was? It was on Instagram? I saw it on instag I don't know what. But she did do an interview and she discussed it, and she says she wants no more negativity, like stop asking her about that. She's supposed to live a peaceful life. Okay, I wish I could do an interview like that. Stop asking me about this non sense. I just want to live a peaceful life.
Speaker 1: That's what when when you film the real house, tell me that should be a response.
Speaker 2: Yes, stop asking me about this. Not set something like that. Work here quickly? It was not you get a phone call, work here? All right, boundaries and side one that you can do. Okay, let's to the networks on fire and.
Speaker 1: People what Back to Christina Aguilera. I feel like people are going to continue to ask her that happened when they were like kids, pretty much in their early twenties probably, So I feel like it's like address.
Speaker 2: It and move on. What she gonna do?
Speaker 1: And she'll say, you know, that was a long time ago, where that's in the past. We moved, we grew for it, grew from it. Yeah, I'm a grown woman.
Speaker 2: She didn't do that, So people guess what are going to ask her? I keep asking her and she is clearly still upset about it, right because because of her response, So yeah, she's gonna get asked. Matter of fact, when I see her next week, I'm asking.
Speaker 1: Okay, good. The people are asking the wrong questions. I just want the questions going to like sing again and make music again and perform again, like that's the one. Like I feel like.
Speaker 2: Well, isn't she one of those shows? Isn't she like the voice? Yeah? Oh no, what is she doing? I don't, I don't. Does she have children?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh she does? Yeah, okay, maybe she's being a mom. Yeah, she's at home being a mom. Okay. So let's get to TV executives deciding they're going in a different direction. Who should we start with the one that were happy about or the one we're sad about. Let's go with the one we're happy about.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Fox said, we done with you, Tucker right out of here right now? What a What took him so long to fire Rupert Murdoff seven hundred murdock, that's his name. Yeah, should have fired him a long time ago.
Speaker 1: Is he out too?
Speaker 2: No? No, he owns the thing I thought he was. I thought he had some he AsSalt is I don't know. No, but okay, but no, not that. But in really this is why he got fired. I think because they lost that dominion suit. Yeah, and eighty seven million dollars. Thank you? All right, So that would couse Tucker. Yeah, you got to go.
Speaker 1: But he wasn't the only one that was spewing those lies. No, but I think they're gonna fire. Oh you think more is coming.
Speaker 2: I think Moore's coming because they have more lawsuits coming because you can't just go on TV and be a quote news station and lie right, No, you cannot.
Speaker 1: So I guess for them, this is they're trying to save what's left of their ass. And you know what the crazy part when I heard about the the ruling and the amount of money that they're supposed to pay seven close to a billion dollars, I'm like, I bet that's nothing for them.
Speaker 2: No, but if you keep chipping away, well it becomes something yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But it was just it's like, okay, let's just pay this. That's a settlement. That's not even like a like they paid that as a settlement so they didn't have to go to trial so we don't have to hear all the horrible things that they do.
Speaker 2: But in the disclosure, I mean in the yeah, and the disclosures came out how horrible Tucker is and and all the stuff that he was saying about Donald drop did you hear that? No? Yeah? What did he say? Ah? He said, because you know Tucker, you know, Donald acted like Fox News was his people. Yeah, them in his pocket. Was like, I hate that man. Oh, I can't believe. I gotta deal with this man. He's so stupid. What is a big big dumb dumb like hilarious.
Speaker 1: But in front of the camera he is like just praising him, praising him and spreading lies and spreading the lies to try to help him.
Speaker 2: Wow, Yeah, hilarious.
Speaker 1: He probably voted for Biden.
Speaker 2: That's the room where I'm spreading took across and for Joe Biden. Now, Don Lemon, Yeah, got fired from CNN.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 2: Did he not see the writing on the wall?
Speaker 1: He probably did, did he?
Speaker 2: I think so, because he's acting very shocked. I think he's shocked that like maybe it went down the way it went down right that he because they didn't tell him, right, they told his agent. His agent called him and pretty much told him he was being fired or something. And I think, but he has to have seen the writing on the wall. He literally went from like the top slot in the evening yeah, to a round table discussion in the morning, which like, I'm not watching seeing it in the morning, in the evening, I'm picking one of the others, right, Yeah, the writing was on the wall, and then I think he probably, you know, he had his little issues maybe with his co host, you know, yeah, saying I don't I don't know, so I will be honest though, I'm telling y'all where to find him in five minutes, News Nation, next to his buddy Chris Cuomo. Okay, so wait a minute, Wait a minute. Lee Daniels was like, wouldn't it be good if Tucker and Don Lemon did a show together? Yes, because that I would watch exactly because they could just fight it out.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think they all can go to News Nation. Yeah, all of them. Remember I talked about News Nations Cuomo being on News Nation, right, I'm literally they can put all of them on News Nation.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I want Don and talking honest, yes, show No, I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: I think that's hilarious.
Speaker 1: I like that. That would be great.
Speaker 2: Okay. Now, in sad news, Jerry Spinger died yes, and Harry Belafonte, Yes, very sad yes, So in what do you call it? In honor of Harry Belafonte, Day Dale, Dale Dale, they like coming, they like day Day. We're joking, but like he was a civil rights icon, been in the entertainment industry for what eighty years forever? Yeah, I mean he's a pioneer in the icon.
Speaker 1: I really didn't know that he was still alive.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're supposed to keep that to ourselves. Okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: So we're here for me, here to just give you our little inner thoughts.
Speaker 2: They announced he passed away. I was like, oh my gosh, I right know that he was still.
Speaker 1: Alive, and I seem so old, you know, I need such a figure that like has been around so long. And when you think of all the figures, like you know, Sydney Portier, he's is he still No, he passed recently passed, he passed recently, Ozzie Davis, Davis and yes, like Ruby d there we go. Those are the ones I think in Ruby d and Aisley Davis, like I put them all together, and they've been gone for a while, and so I just literally just thought he's already gone. However, he leaves an amazing legacy. Oh yeah, yeah, and he like you know, his impact on the African American community and the world and you know, the nation in the world. It will last forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So rest in peace, Harry Belafante, and in honor of Jerry Springer. You are the father. No, you are the father. The test says you're the father. Wait, that's not mariy Povich. Oh wait a minute, who was that? That was Mari Povich in mind?
Speaker 1: Jerry.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I take that back. I mean, what was Jerry spring like? Jerry Springers was like I thought he was the DNA tester. No, Mary Povidge is what and remember the people they run off the stage and stuff like, oh okay, so what But I feel like Jerry Springer was just as wild, like what was his like? Larry was doing the most.
Speaker 1: Yes, Jerry spring was just as wild. Yeah, it's funny watching those shows.
Speaker 2: Okay, is he? Is he Mary to Connie Chung? Who's married to.
Speaker 1: Connie Jerry Springer?
Speaker 2: Jerry, Okay, yeah, no, Charlie just said Mari Listen, we don't know who we're talking about right now. Carly is our fact checker at this point, and we have it time. You're right, Mary was married.
Speaker 1: To Connie chuk However, yeah, what Jerry swimmers just known for just like insane, just things like bringing.
Speaker 2: On people who didn't know who their father was. Probably, yeah, I've seen some of those shows. Yeah, that was all the time.
Speaker 1: Right, they were fighting all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was this was before reality television at its fineness. We needed Jerry for the fights. But you know that ship was not reality all that. What do you mean it was all staged?
Speaker 1: All of that ship was staged.
Speaker 2: No way, Yes, I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: I mean I believe so I believe everything stage. Like when I look at you know, when you see all these like funny Instagram things that happen on Instagram, like the skitzte I'm like, this should have staged.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Well, a couple of other things I want to talk about before we move on. So do you know about Dennis Roman's daughter. Yeah, she's like the highest paid soccer player you know me? Okay, I did not know at first. I didn't know how he had a daughter. Yes, and she's like a beast amazing highest paid right women's soccer player. Does she play in the Olympics.
Speaker 1: I think no.
Speaker 2: I think she's young and I think it's.
Speaker 1: The highest. Yeah, she's like the highest paid player or she has the high highest contract in whatever the US soccer league is. I don't know that. Well, women's soccer they don't really have. Do they play internationally?
Speaker 2: Like like I think that's their biggest those are their biggest US or yeah, when they play overseas, they play overseas. I think so.
Speaker 1: I think within the US she's the highest player like in the in the US league. Okay, well, regardless, yes, he has a daughter or that's a beast on the soccer field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I wonder if he was like instrumental in helping her with her talent, with her skills. Hmm, that's a good question. Good question. I don't know. But like obviously she inherited like the whole athleticism from him. I would say she probably got US athleticism. Everything else, I'm gonna probably give a mom what the credit for. Okay, that's right, you heard it here from Robin. In other words, than it's Robin, you didn't do a thing, That's what Robin just says.
Speaker 1: That's my assumption.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, amagacy of time between going to North Korea.
Speaker 2: And dying his hair, Yeah, he has no time to spend helping his child. Anyway, we want to pray for Jamie Fox. Yeah. I think he's on the road to recovery. But he passed out and he was he's filming a movie, eight days left in the movie. I do believe he passed out or something happened. He had to be rushed to the hospital and he's been recovering. From what I understand, he is going to recover just fine. Yeah, we've been praying for Jamie. Yeah, and the word that I heard was that he had a stroke. I don't, but I don't allegedly, I don't know. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now, reports from a source says that doctors needed to revive him during the medical scare. The source says Jamie suffered a serious medical episode and needed immediate attention. It was touch and go for a few days with him, and he had to be revived. He is very lucky to be alive. He also said that he suffers from high blood pressure right, which doctors say can cause clots and a brain leading to a stroke. Doctors believe this was a long time coming and really had to act fast, and if they didn't, he said, he could have been a goner. So We're gonna be sending love and prayers to Jamie and his family.
Speaker 2: But like, can you imagine you got eight days left on your movie and they replace you with the body double? I know, Like what in the name of Hollywood industry is that.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm hoping because I saw the pictures of the body double walking around, maybe they're just using the body double for the things that they can fill in with the body double, and then once Jamie is better, then then he can do like the talking because they can't use a body double to do like the talking scenes and stuff. So maybe they're like, all right, let's just knock these scenes out.
Speaker 2: Yes they can. Have you watched The Real Housewives PTol me, Like just kidding, Bravo, just kidding, But like you know they can. They can. They can put his voice in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I feel like if it's something, you know, if it's a scene where he's actively you know, talking and they're zooming in on him, and you really need you know, the actor. I mean, otherwise what do you need you know, certain actors for? So I'm just hoping and assuming that they use the body double for things that they don't necessarily need the camera to focus on him for you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I hope they didn't tell Jamie as he's trying to recover, because if they would have told me, yeah, we just replaced you just say, I'd be like, well, God, damn, d you see these breathing tubes have been me. I'm trying to recover. Good God talking about a slapping the face. That's just me.
Speaker 1: You replaced the boat.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, Robin. Okay, So we want you guys to get to know us a little bit better. So I have a couple questions for Robin. Okay, I want to get to know you better, all right, So Robin, Yes, just so, is the only nail polish color in your cabinet white? Robin only has white toes, guys only. Yeah, okay, I've never seen her with maybe one time I saw her with the color. So, but is white your favorite toe color?
Speaker 1: Yes? I love white toenail polish clearly, especially in like spring summer. So in the in the fall and winter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where we go with white? Black? Are we going? I don't think i've seen wha No, because you have shoes on in the winter.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, probably yes, yes, yes, I always have white toes like the in the spring and summer. Okay, I know it's so funny. I know some men love white toes and there's some men who like hate white toes.
Speaker 2: Well, there's some men that are sick of it, right, They're like, we've had enough right up the white toes. There's other colors in the in the crayon box.
Speaker 1: I know, I just like the white toes because I like to switch my hands up, so like you know, it's like I don't get my toes done every week every two weeks, right, I just I'm gonna ride the pilots to the wheels fall off. Yes, yes, I like that, but with my hands, so I don't want it to clash with my hands. So if I have like orange toes and then my hands are like blue or or pink or whatever.
Speaker 2: Do we have to match? Yes, we do. We have to, like we have to.
Speaker 1: Kind of coordinate or like be in sync.
Speaker 2: Okay, you want the hands and the toes to coordinate, to be in sync, yeah, and in the same color family. Just can't.
Speaker 1: I just I don't want like blue hands and orange toes.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with that? Is that? Is that wrong? Is that like a fashion faux pa?
Speaker 1: If fashion is what you make of it, right, right right, I think it could work.
Speaker 2: It so for me, though, uh huh, that is not okay, that is not okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ok But to answer your question, I actually have probably like two hundred bottles of nail polish.
Speaker 2: Oh I know I've seen them. As a matter fact, I think we've filmed with something with your nail polish.
Speaker 1: Really I don't know, but so right now I go to the nail salon. I do like the SNS dip powder, and you know, they do all the they do all the work. I have the same nails on them for like two weeks or whatever. But before I would polish my own nails, and that was like therapeutic for me.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I like, so I would like always be in the store buying new nail polishes and so like I have a whole big old box full of nail polishes.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I'm not using them. They're going unused. I probably do they go bad? Do I need to throw them out?
Speaker 1: They go bad? Okay?
Speaker 2: Maybe you could? You and one could have a date night and you polish his nails, he polish yours. Date night. Yeah, okay, So I have another question for you. Okay, this is getting to know you guys. We're allowing you guys to get to know us just a little bit better.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait before we do that, So you have no rules when it comes to your polish, now you noes?
Speaker 2: Zero?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Just I mean I try to not do white toes only because I'm sick of seeing everyone white. Yes wintertime, yes, I like black or like darker colors. In the summertime, I like like a hot pink or yellow or some blues. But yeah, I lately have not because the girl my girls are into like the white toes, and I'm like, no, I can't do it really because I'm just sick of everybody in their white freaking toenails.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, so you want to be different?
Speaker 2: I mean you know I dare to be different. Okay, So who's opinion? Robin? Do you care most about?
Speaker 1: Who's opinion?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: I think about if you know me, you know, I really don't care about many people's opinions, right, That's why I asked the question. Yeah, yeah, neither do you and I think about So I don't want to say nobody. Okay, So when I how I gauge that is I don't even want to say it's opinion. But there will be times like when we're like filming the real house as a Potomac, and.
Speaker 2: I'll be like, shit, my parents going to see this. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's like the only people in the world that I care about their opinion.
Speaker 2: So you care about so your parents would be the answer.
Speaker 1: Right, So, And it's not even that I care about the opinion. It's almost like I just don't want them to, Like, you don't care what they have to say. Yes, I don't want to hear what they have to say that I don't want them to have an opinion, you know what I mean. Oh, they're gonna have an opinion, I know, Like I just don't want to hear it. It's so funny. And when I and when I think about the fact that, like, yeah, I really like I don't care about opinions, I can remember a time when I was a little girl, and it's so crazy. I remember, like vividly being in my grandmother's house and I think my hair was a mess or something. I was about to go outside and go play, and my grandmother was.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, no, you cannot go outside like that. Your hair is a mess. You need to go brush your hair. Why would you go outside with your hair like that?
Speaker 1: And I'm looking at her like, I don't care.
Speaker 2: What anyone thinks about my hair.
Speaker 1: I'm going outside, and she's like she was like adamant that I could not be seen with my hair looking like that, and I was just like I was so confused. I'm like, why why do I care what anyone says about my hair?
Speaker 2: You're looking great, yeah, but I didn't care.
Speaker 1: Even as a little girl, I was just like, but did you go callb your hair?
Speaker 2: No? You didn't listen to grandma? No, I was.
Speaker 1: I was like, I was a good child, but I was like a little rebellious when it came to societal things that they wanted to put on me. So like me caring about what miss Mary down the street said about my hair, I'm like, I don't care what miss Mary thinks about my hair. So but you know, my but my grandmother cared about what miss Mary thought about her granddaughter's hair.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Of course, I just didn't get that, okay, So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but has that rubbed off on you, Like do you try to put things on your kids? No? Okay, okay, I don't like it.
Speaker 1: I mean, so Wand is much more meticulous than me. And I mean, I think you'll look at me today and say, you know, I'm not. It's not like I'm out running outside with my hair like looking norazy, but like I have no problem going outside with no makeup on, right with you know, baggy sweats and all that type of stuff like.
Speaker 2: But Grace tried to go to seven eleven with her bonnet and I said, no, ma'am, and bring yourself right back right. She's like, well, I mean, like a door's gonna run and nobody's gonna see me. Yes they will. It's called a stoplight. And I'm gonna look at you. And it doesn't even matter if somebody sees you, like take that bonnet off your head.
Speaker 1: But why she let no see let her be confident in wearing her bond.
Speaker 2: I just think that that's for the home. That's for inside the house, not outside the house. Really, And the car is not a house, it's a car.
Speaker 1: But if it's just the car, like she's not getting out of the car.
Speaker 2: Listen, she understands, I'll be like going in your bonnet, girls, keep your hand protected. Yeah, okay, but you don't have girls, so maybe if you've had girls, you might be like no, right, yes, yeah, because because either because like where does that end? You can't because you know, remember the whole airport with the bonnets and the girls and that whole thing. Right, when does the end? Like if you're going to go to the convenience store with the bonnet, will you go on a job interview with a bonnet on your head? No? Will you go meet Joe Biden with a bonnet on your Well, then take it off anyway? Okay, Well, whose opinion do you care about? So I was as I was as you were talking, I was thinking, I think maybe just my kids, because they're so highly opinionated. And you know, me and my kids have like these intense conversations, not intense, but like we the girls talk.
Speaker 1: They give them conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they give their thoughts, They give their thoughts. It's a whole lot, and God forbid, all three of them are all one accord and I'm on the other opposite side. It is like a tag team to me. So I do care what they think and how they feel, and I just always want them to be in a good headspace. I'm just happy. So if I'm doing something that's making them unhappy, then that's not good. Yeah, But as far as the show is concerned, Yeah, I mean there are times where I'm like, I know my mom is gonna call me about this scene right that I'd have just filmed on the Real Housewives of Potona, right, and I do not want to hear her mouth exactly.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, if my parents did not watch the show, I would have cussed about fifteen more people out.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's only seven of us, but yes, I would have cussed them all out. I don't care. I want to everybody out now. I get that, I get that, but my mother doesn't even recently, like both of my parents, they don't even mention. They mentioned that they watched, but they don't mention anything about my behavior anymore. They're like, it's just whatever. Yeah, yeah, you know, it's funny.
Speaker 1: My parents at this point don't really they watch it, but they don't really mention a whole lot that happens either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I just I think that they've resolved with Okay, this is just some nonsense exactly, but y'all, we do appreciate y'all watching the nonsense and listening to this episode and that is our episode, They'll never forget to live your life, either reasonable or shady.
Speaker 1: About say us.
Speaker 2: Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows
Speaker 2: And you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady