Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and get Ki and no Hee.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty strong Man. Welcome to a replay of the Armstrong and Getty Show. We are on vacation, but boy, do we have some good stuff for you. Yes, indeed we do. And if you want to catch up on your ang listening during your travels, remember grabbing podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. You ought to subscribe wherever you like to get podcasts. Now on with the infotainment. Some breaking news just.
Speaker 4: Out of our newsroom here at Fox thirteen. A man is in the hospital after being shot in the leg overnight. If the police say he was shot by his dog, seriously, I don't think that's right. This happened just before four am at a home on Whitney Avenue in Fraser Wow. Police say the man was lying in the bed with a girl with a gun on the bed. Police say his dog jumped up on the bed, got his paul stuck in the trigger and ended up hitting the trigger, shooting the man in the thigh.
Speaker 3: Wow accident.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so the dog claims you pretend to throw the tennis ball, you stick it in the couch cushion one too many times?
Speaker 3: Right, And Dora, I'm supposed to be there in the bed next to you. And who's this? Huh? You cheating bastard. When's the last time I went for a walk? Can you even remember? Pow? Wow wow, bad boy, bad dog.
Speaker 5: The dog ties him to a chair like reservoir dogs. I'm not putting up with this anymore.
Speaker 3: Right, Wait, so Jack Michael, do we have that the two rappers were talking and gunshots went off? That's a candidate for clip of the year. So I like the way.
Speaker 5: Clearly this news anchor who's got a bit of a kent Brockman Will Ferrell vibe.
Speaker 3: Yes he does.
Speaker 5: Apparently was just handed this breaking news not knowing he was about to do a story about a man who was shot by a dog at four am. Yeah, so could happen. It's also possible that he was messing around with his gun, or she shot him or something. They don't want to tell anybody what actually happened, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's that's at least, although you know, it's not implausible that if you are living the lifestyle where you're lying in bed with quote unquote a girl who wrote that story? Do they need a woman? I would hope. And there's a gun laying there for some reason, you can't put it on the nightstand even Yeah, you're living the sort of lifestyle where your dog shoots. Maybe he or she likes the gun pointed at them during their romantic times. Oh, good lord, remember seeing.
Speaker 5: No I remember seeing that in the Sopranos, Remember one of them. Somebody liked having a gun to their head.
Speaker 3: Tawdry? Its way too tawdry. No, a dog just shot someone. This is time for frank talk. The pets are rising up as I predicted. Go ahead, Michael, and choices we got in life, those were your choices.
Speaker 2: Somebody got shot. Oh how good?
Speaker 3: Hold on the dirty dead? What do I want with my idea?
Speaker 2: Don't shut me?
Speaker 3: Everybody, everybody, everybody that's the sort of guy who's in bed with a girl and a dog shoots. They have a much more relaxed, lighthearted view of shootings in the room. On fire, shootings in the room. I mean, it's not even an accidental shooting at the range or outdoors or something. We're in a room with a number of people, A gun guts off. Somebody's been shot. You good, I've been shot? You good? You good? Everybody good? Okay, So as I was saying, why you've different a different lifestyle than I have? Who shot? Who?
Speaker 2: Somebody got shot?
Speaker 3: All right? Anyway, what are your plans today? You guys hungry? I'm hungry? Yeah? Crazy?
Speaker 5: Can I want to hear that other one, just the beginning part where the news anchor gets to the because I just find this funny.
Speaker 4: We want to get you to some breaking news just out of our newsroom here at Fox thirteen. A man is in the hospital after being shot in the leg overnight if his police say he was shot his dog. Seriously, I don't think that's right. This happened just before four am.
Speaker 3: Heah, you don't know.
Speaker 4: The dog Hitney Avenue in the Fraser Wow. Police say the man was lying in the bed with a girl with a gun on the bed. Police say his dog jumped up on the bed, got his paul stuck in the trigger and ended up hitting the trigger, shooting the man in the thigh.
Speaker 3: Wow. Four in the morning. I ain't eating lambon rice anymore. Give me some real freaking food. Was it a hunting dog? Oh?
Speaker 5: Boy, so there's actual love and of course some background checks. We don't know any of those things. Gun loopholes, what went on there?
Speaker 3: Wow? Wow? Well, and if I was going to make a serious point about it, that's the very sort of person the Democratic prosecutors would never enforce gun laws against. They howl for more gun laws constantly. And then I'm confused. You know what I walked into that didn't I? Yes, you know, Perhaps it's best to just move on to other fair I don't know why I enjoy giving jiv names to features sets of stories, but I do. Jack, So you get the choice between golden state of confusion or how markets really work, I'll go much more sober just because the lack of jiviness. I'm just curious after the ridiculousness. Yeah, okay, So story number one why the US keeps losing to China in the battle over critical minerals Because everybody knows that the minerals, the rarest the metals everybody's talking about that go into so much new technology. He or they who control access to those things controls the world economy to a large extent, And the obvious issue with that is that if we continue to be highly dependent on China to come up with those materials. We're screwed as an economy the minute they decide to tweak us or bring us to our knees. So you have this story of the effort to get a big giant New America and our allies run graphite mine and the goal to challenge China's dominance over the world supply of a critical mineral used in everything from electric vehicles to submarine hubs. And so this Australia based mining company, backed by more than one hundred million dollars of US government financing, maybe a worthy goal. Kind of funny, there wasn't any discussion of this, but this is what our giant government does. Opened a mine in Mozambique and built a graphite processing plant in Louisiana, the first of its type in the US, and also signed a sales deal with Tesla, which is historically brought graph height for cars from China for the batteries specifically. But then things started to go off the rails. China, which provides more than ninety percent of the world's battery grade graph height supply, jacked up its production.
Speaker 5: How many what did the market? How many stories include China supplies ninety eight percent of this or that way too many.
Speaker 3: And whether Trump's plans bear fruit or not, and whether He's allowed to even get the plans going fully is anybody's guess. But this is the very sort of thing that he and his advisors are trying to wean us from this sort of dependence. But anyway, the gist of the story is so China, which provides more ninety percent of the world's battery grade graph height supply, jacked up its production, flooding the market and driving prices so low that this mine, this company could not mine profitably. Wow. Last May, the Biden administration delayed new rules that would have penalized US buyers from buying Chinese graphite for reasons that I don't recall, probably because they were trying to get Shijin Ping to do something. In Mozambique, farmers resettled from the mining company's mind staged protests, shutting down the mining, and the Louisiana plant, now open for a year, has yet to make its first commercial sale, and the company's stock is plunged by around ninety percent since the start of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's really interesting and once again the difficulties of a an authoritarian country where one guy can make decisions in a democracy.
Speaker 3: That's tough. Yeah, and as always, there's a lot more detail and nuance to it, but we'll leave it here. I love, love, love, love love the free market in so many ways. It's lifted billions of people out of poverty, on lace new medicines across the globe. It has profit is the reason for charity. It's the reason charity exists. You have to have more than you need to feed yourself to to give to charity. Anyway, as we retrench from the dream of globalization, though, there are going to be some rainings in of the free market, and it's going to be stops and starts. It's going to be really difficult anyway not to get hung up on that, because you could talk about it for a year and a half and write five thousand page books on it and not cover it. I thought this was interesting, how markets really are. Jack the rise and fall of the Napa Valley of Cannabis. When Colorado became one of the first states to legalize a recreational marriage. You wanna and an enthusiastic county commissioner in Pueblo said he wanted Pueblo to become the Napa Valley of cannabis. And they talk a little bit in the Wall Street Journal about the situation. Big slaughterhouse had closed years earlier, steel mill had been shedding workers. They're really hurting for jobs and tax revenue, and a cannabis boom would do that for them. The streets were going to be paved with gold, recalled one resident. The elementary schools were going to be the great just in the country. Then they talk about, you know, the classic meme, how it started, how it's going. In the first weeks, the only two shops then licensed in the county, round rang Up combined one million dollars in sales the first month, Wow, sending fifty six thousand dollars in taxes to the county Colorado. Everybody was just thrilled and happy. Decade and high. Decade later, Pueblo's dreams have gone up in smoke. A once thriving industry of retailers, growers, and cannabis oil extractors. There were more than two hundred of these businesses in twenty seventeen in that county, more than two hundred. It's collapsed only forty five remain. State records indicate county tax revenue plunged from more than seven point one million dollars to four point eight million twenty twenty three, which is still a pretty significant amount of money. And you could argue that they're just thinning the herd and the stronger surviving the way it goes in capitalism. But here's the problem. In California knows this too. It's been a huge problem because the rosy rosy promise is made to Californians in Colorado and is alike. Even after legalization, illicit growers and sellers thrived, even right in Pueblo. Last year, they accounted for seventy percent of the US market, according to research companies. The black market dealers, unlike licensed ones, face neither Texas nor red tape, so they're more efficient and they're cheaper, and it's bad for your brain. That's interesting, man. If you're counting on enough people smoking enough pot to you know, make your schools great and everything like that, that's just that's an interesting thing. It is, and it's probably not a sustainable way to run a society. Nationwide, only twenty seven percent of legal cannabis businesses are profitable, which is down two percent just three years ago. Did not know that. Yeah, investment is dried up, restructurings are rising, and in Pueblo, sentiment about legal pot is swung the other way, fueling a backlash against the county's embrace of the industry. And again, it's kind of complicated and a lot of nuance to it, but it's just it's not nearly the dream it was sold to be. So ill I'm sorry. And the one the one aspect you should understand it's kind of intuitive is that if it's legal, enforcing laws against the illegal stuff becomes so complicated because you know, half of it sixty percent of it, depending on where you are, is legal. And so what are the coups supposed to do if they see a bunch of guys smoking pot?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Arm Strong?
Speaker 2: Why listen to arms Strong and Geddy on demand?
Speaker 3: We're not boring. A lot of news is boring and tedious and depressing. It makes you angry. You don't want to live your life like that. Hey, I'm Jack Armstrong, he's Joe Getty. We're Armstrong in Getty. We try to bring you the truth and help you figure out this crazy.
Speaker 6: Modern world about something about a comedic tone.
Speaker 3: We have a one er. Yes, listen to Armstrong You Getty on demand on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 3: We had a conversation last week that I was very uncomfortable with, and I felt very guilty about it because I concealed a truth during the conversation, confession being good for the soul. I am here to confess it. But like all good confessions, they work best in a multiple choice format. And so I'm going to give you multiple choices, but to up the ante, each of the choices will get successively more evil. Oh boy, and you have to choose which one I am actually guilty of. I'm so uncomfortable right now. A I, Joe Getty have a second wife across town, with whom I have two children. She is in a legal alien and I keep her in line by threatening her with deportation. Well, what's what's okay?
Speaker 5: What's striking about this is you clearly didn't do that, but you're going up the landing at worse.
Speaker 3: They're going to get worse. Yes, yes, okay, anybody want to go for a or you want to go on, you want to roll the dice anybody, Michael, Clearly that's not true. Okay, all right, b I am now and have been for thirty years an active member of the American Communist Party, and have been working to subvert the Constitution with every ounce of my energy up to and including acts of violence and sabotage.
Speaker 5: So I think I think you've laid a really good premise here because you've given two very bad choices obviously not true.
Speaker 3: Whatever something? What are hell did you do that? Right?
Speaker 6: Am I going to want to associate with you after this?
Speaker 3: I don't know, Comrade. Perhaps again from a conversation last week in which I can seal the truth or possibility, say, I had never seen Gladiator until this weekend. Oh wow, WHOA, you saw the movie Gladiator? My secret shame? Gladiator one? You were noted along with every conversation? Are you not entertained? Ha ha ha? I assume grow. I assume you went along with the factors because I watched it with my son Henry a couple of weeks back before we went to Gladiator two. He loved it and it reminded me how much great it was. But I said it might be in my top three movies of all time, and I did not at that moment reveal you know, I've never seen that Moe. Wow, that was good because I knew the derision that would rain down upon Were you probably okay twenty years ago?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you were in the middle of raising kids. So no, of course you didn't see that movie because I am a house full of babies, including a one year old. Yeah, I didn't see anything between I don't know whatever years twenty ten and like a year ago.
Speaker 6: I am impressed, Joe, because you carried on a full blown conversation about that movie as if you it was one of your favorites.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I read a lot, so I pick up clues from the you know, contexts and stuff like that. But you know, Jack, you make a good point. I remember roughly when the movie came out. Hey, dude, you got to see this is great. It's an unbelievable movie, great guy and villain. It's like two and a half hours long, and I'm my responss chance or if I'm gonna have a couple two three hours, I'm gonna spend it silently staring at a screen when you could hang out with your wife or doing something. I mean, yeah, not gonna happen. It was fun. Nobody could do what Russell Crow did. I don't know what magic he had there, but can you tell me you like Gladiator movies, Armstrong.
Speaker 2: And the Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 7: Wall Street suffering it's worst day of the year, the Dow closing nearly nine hundred points down after the President refused to rule out that the US could be heading into a recession.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, a lot of negative headlines about Wall Street yesterday. I'm always interested in that. In that a lot, a lot, a lot of Americans aren't in the stock market, and it's I'd like to know what percentage of the audience that watches mainstream evening news is in the stock market, other than.
Speaker 3: Are you including four one ks in that m Maybe maybe not.
Speaker 5: I don't know investments, but certainly the average person watching the evening news is not into the daily ups and downs of.
Speaker 3: The stock market. True, they're in the long you know, the law game.
Speaker 5: And and very little context ever around any of this stuff anytime. And I'm not just like now just always there's almost no context. Biggest point drop whatever. Sometimes they use points because it's more dramatic. Sometimes the percentage whatever, and they go back and forth, and it's all very it's it's designed to make it sound as great or as awful as possible, to make it more exciting. But anyway, New York christ and known this has been a big down for the last week and a half or whatever since the Tarif announcement. No doubt about that. New York Post headline today, Buckle up NASGA. Dax suffers biggest loss in three years. Dow falls eight ninety after Trump recession dodge after Trump didn't absolutely just flat out say.
Speaker 3: No to the recession question.
Speaker 5: It's amazing how much news that made that one answer. And he knew that, Like I said yesterday, he's aware of that. He he double down on air Force one.
Speaker 3: Essentially, the significance of it is he didn't say we will do everything we need to to avoid a recession.
Speaker 5: That's why that's significant, right, which gets to what we were saying last hour. I wish he would give some sort of speech where he explains what his long game in is and why I think he can get more people on board or calmed down.
Speaker 3: I think that is so obviously a great idea. It is shocking to me. It hasn't happened yet. Drudge hates Trump, but his headlines economy cracks, stocks lose four trillion dollars. Oh, that's one of the things about the news reporting.
Speaker 5: I feel like it's for people who don't understand that that money didn't actually disappear never to come back. It's the stock is down and yet adds up to four trillion. But unless you sold yesterday, you didn't actually lose the money, and it could be back up in two weeks and nothing happened.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, and you quote unquote lost the money from if you would have sold it three weeks ago. So it's all imaginary. It's not even on paper, it's in the ether.
Speaker 5: So getting to Mark Alprin's newsletter today, who I think he is a fair arbiter of these sorts of things, and he gets a lot of He has a lot of connections in left and right, Republican and Democrat. He wrote this Monday, when job boning by all Trump economic advisors could not stop a market selloff or deter business leaders, economic analysts, analysts, Paul's and Trump supporters from calling, texting, and emailing me to say the sky is falling, and it is in their collective view explicitly and unambiguously Trump's fault. In my career, I don't recall anything quite like Munday as Whoosh, Team Trump lost the confidence of a bunch of key actors in one fell swoop. I thought that was interesting that behind the scenes a lot of people that normally really really big on Trump recalling Mark Auperton and saying, what the hell is he doing?
Speaker 3: The business world, the American business world, was absolutely confident that Trump would slash regulations and make permanent tax cuts and that would be his main thrust. This whole call it protectionism, you know, seeking a new global norm for trade, whatever you want to call it, is surprising to them and it's led to a great deal of uncertainty. Business hates uncertainty, right. And then got to get to what I was talking about yesterday, which I fully fully believe. I mean, don't feel like the Wall Street journal crowd has your best interest in mind. They have the best interest of like what's gonna make the Dow close higher today for a lot of the crowd who actually does day trade or certainly this quarter, not what's best for America long term, and you know, fortunately or unfortunately, I guess, and Ryan would say, that's the way it's supposed to work.
Speaker 5: You know, they're looking out for themselves. That's what drives the whole thing. But yeah, I would.
Speaker 3: Say, as a guy who reads practically cover to cover the journal every single day, they have a wide range of opinions and writers there. Not all of them are merely chasing quarterly profits.
Speaker 5: But I wanted to get to this and I didn't know this. So Mark Alpernan has a bunch of links to a whole bunch of different newspaper articles talking about the how much damage has been done, whether it's temporary, long term, blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Than this team.
Speaker 5: Trump came in with the theory of the case that they could rebalance the economy by shifting economic activity back to the private sector from the public sector. It's part of the whole doge thing and tariffs together. Trump advisors have said they think the government is now twenty five percent of the economy. Mark Alprin said, in reality, it's way higher, maybe closer to fifty percent. Wow, what fifty percent of the economy is the government? With Medicare and medicaid. No one wants to admit it, but to a large extent, the US economy has really just become the US government spending in transfers. This is evidenced by the fact that we've been running huge fiscal deficits during strong economic times. And the new Terresury Secretary is proposed fixing this by cutting government spending with musk combined with tariffs to rebounce trade, to rebuild American manufacturing.
Speaker 3: But to bring it home, he gets into, we live in a wah blah blah blah blah blah. The top ten percent. Studies have shown there's a very high correlation between their propensity to spend with spending being you know, two thirds of our economies people going out and spending money, and where the stock prices are. For whatever reason, when the top ten percent are feeling wealthy, they buy stuff. But if they're not feeling wealthy, they don't. And this especially is true now, and this could get us into a real doom loop of tariffs, negative feelings, stock market going down, people pulling back, et cetera, et cetera, cutting the government, which is half the economy. You see, there's the spiral.
Speaker 5: If doge is laying off people and cutting the government, and it's fifty percent of the economy that automatically is going to drop the economy, which makes the rich ten percent spend less, which drops the economy.
Speaker 3: And it's just that, you see, it's a cycle that could catch on. Yeah. My My only objection to that theory or a question I have about it, is that what doge is doing is nibbling around the edges of the actual fiscal pie. True. I don't appreciate it because I like the edges of the pie. Oh fiscal piebius uh. And it's funny because you have conservatives saying they're they're they're not attacking entitlements and that's most of the budget blah blah blah blah blah. But at the same time it might cause a doom loop. I just I don't I don't know.
Speaker 5: Well, nobody ever knows on any of this stuff, as we've said for years, because if you were the old thing, if you ask you know, ten economists, you'll get eleven opinions. Or there's only two people that understand, uh, the global and they don't agree you know, any of those sayings. And but you know, if you could predict this stuff, well, you'd be the richest person on planet Earth, you know, immediately. So you know, there's a lot of moving pieces and theory and everything like that. But I do find that very troubling. Yeah, all of it's troubling.
Speaker 3: I find myself imagining if Trump were to craft the sort of message you've suggested, explaining exactly what his goals are, why it's going to be worth enduring a bit of pain or upheaval for a while, be it two years or more likely five or ten or fifteen or twenty years, because that would get the popular support. Doing something difficult would require, because there's one thing democracies are terrible at. That's doing what is difficult. Like in your family, you could say, hey, we are going to severely restrict spending for this year to get a down payment together to buy the house, or make the investment or open the business we've long dreamed of.
Speaker 5: You can do here on the wall of a house with a pool and say this is why we're doing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. You know, I've always been a fan of the like the thermometer thing where you actually track your savings, because it gives you enthusiasm for it. Judy and I used to do that when we were young. Anyway, as a family, you can do that. But democracies are famously horrible at saying all right, we're all going to endure some pain for a while, an austerity plan. It happens. I don't think it's hard to get going. I don't think we're grown up enough for this. I think we're too used to easy sailing, smooth saling. But even if Trump were to do that, though, Wall Street would probably freak out for a while, and then people would see it, would check their four one ks and freak out. And I just I don't know if we have the right stuff to institute what Trump's talking about before it's a horrible emergency.
Speaker 5: Well, imagine if Trump or somebody representing Trump came out and gave a speech says, look, half the economy is the government. Do you know that half the economy is the government? And that can't be that's not sustainable. And our debt is this, and our deficit is this, and you know our payments are this, and blah blah blah. And if that wasn't go ahead, sorry there's more.
Speaker 3: No, that's fine, I was gonna say. And if if that wasn't bad enough. Folks, here's the chunk of the economy that would collapse and you would starve if China decides to jump ugly. So A, we got to reign in the government. B. We've got to wean ourselves from being China junkies. Their economic heroin is is they're gonna pull it back on us, and we're gonna be on our hands and knees, and our economy is gonna be puking and turning green and pooping on itself. Wow, because they're gonna pull it out cold turkey. Do you want that? Do you want that? Huh? Okay, We're gonna restructure the economy. You would be a disgusting economics teacher. Yeah, but compelling. M Uh. There's no way this works because we have an election every two year. Years.
Speaker 5: Were already like a year away from constantly talking about the mid terms and uh, and and the Democrats are gonna run on He says, we can't blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: We say you you we can lose with me. Everybody says, yeah, I want everything for nothing, and and there you go. So to summarize, we're toomed.
Speaker 5: I'm moving along, aren't you glad you tuned in. Oh boy, Well, but everybody should me and everyone we should realize that we're not retiring today. What the stock market does today, unless you are retiring today. Somebody listening somewhere, if you.
Speaker 3: Would have restructured your your investments.
Speaker 5: If somebody somewhere on our seventy stations is listening, is retiring today or yesterday?
Speaker 3: He retired yesterday. I understand while you're upset.
Speaker 1: Sorry, sorry, Jack Armstrong and Joe Armstrong and Getty Show, The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 3: So, speaking of generations, I thought this was both amusing and slightly annoying. But it's an article about how evidently some demographer social researcher by the name of Mark McCrindle has become the go to guy for naming generations. Never heard of this guy, and the just of the article is that he believes the whole like coming up with a groovy name for the generation and seeing if it catches on is kind of dumb.
Speaker 5: Well, I gotta believe that he or whoever was in charge, they came up with gen X way back in the day.
Speaker 3: I mean, this was the eighties when they started talking gen X and far cool list generation name by the way, not just because of my year of birth.
Speaker 5: And then at the meeting where they came up with jen Y, somebody should have raised their hand and say, hey, I see like a problem coming down the road we might want to get ahead of with this whole lettering fing.
Speaker 3: We're running out of letters in the ouphant, what are we gonna do? Well, you got this silent generation, who weren't silent at all at the old hodown. And then you got the Greatest generation, a fine generation, thanks for winning World War Two.
Speaker 2: But you know, some good somepod.
Speaker 3: Then you got the baby Boomers. There are a bunch of babies that once and now I'm a boomer, the most selfish generation that had ruined everything. Oh there's that is fair criticism. Hippies and yeah, damn hippies. And then then you got Generation X, again by far the coolest name. They go through a couple more letters, and then they having a run out of letters, they go with Millennials, and then then what's the next one? It doesn't matter anyway, So this guy says, oh, we got to quit screwing around. We'll just use Greek letters. Okay. So Generation Alpha just happened a while back, But now it's generation beta. When did alpha thing? Because I never even heard generation alpha? I know, I know, but apparently those who talk about this crap have. But anyway, the point is now it's generation beta, and of course beta is an insult in the modern world, right, it means, for instance, a weak and passive man or something. And so there are parents evidently who are offended now that their children are being What can we stop naming generations completely? What is a generation? Even? I mean Generation X fans for like twenty three years or something. This is crazy. Well, there's a number of problems with it that are fairly obvious. But at least back in the day, you know how much changed between you know, this decade and that decade, not a ton, Whereas now, holy crap, if you're growing up in the smartphone world, it's completely different than the pre smartphone world. It just is, right, So let's go with more descriptive names like the smartphonies or or all digital weirdos or I don't yeah, I'm just spitballing here, yeah, yeah, yeah. The change has been so massive so quickly you might have to go like every five and a half years, right, have a new quote unquote generation if you're cause you know, mostly I think it's useless. But if I'm a boss, and you can say, all right, this next person we've known or we've hired is a beta zoomer, and you look it up and you see, oh, beta zoomers are extremely insecure and need to be coddled like little kittens. On the other hand, they're rebellious and blah blah. It might be a tool to help you deal with them.
Speaker 5: Right, It seems like giant world changing events would be better than just picking years like every so many years, Like I mentioned, smartphones. COVID would be a good marker if you were, you know, in if you're in grade school during COVID, you, I know, teachers say those are different kinds of kids.
Speaker 3: How did jen X get its name? I mean, what a what a what does that even mean? How about Watergate and Vietnam made us very cynical? Plus half of our parents got divorced. I mean it's kind of long, but yeah, the latch Key generation anyway, Yeah, don't call them generation Beta. It's hurtful, so so dumb. Did you know that seventy percent of TikTok's revenue comes from live streaming gifts. When people are doing live streamy stuff, do you gifts or gifts gifts like presents. Yes, you can give people these little things that are called what are they called their like little tokens that they can redeem into real money. It's huge into sex live streaming. We need someone younger than us, Katie. Well, I'm trying to explain it to you, you old man. I need somebody who's done it.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it's you.
Speaker 6: Just go on and they have different dollar amounts, so you can send from fifty cents up to one thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: I think to tip them digitally exactly. That was at digital tips.
Speaker 5: Why did this catch on? Is it just easier or more fun or well as opposed to and mowing them or sending them a car.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's immeasurably easier. You have an account, you click click, they get a dollar your money, and then they can show you their blankety blank or whatever. And TikTok allegedly has filters for this, but they're super easy to get around. You just use slang terms, including local slang terms. Because it's global app and so there's an enormous child porn market on Hiktok, These underage girls from all over the world, who will you know, perform various acts or show off or whatever and uh and and TikTok gets a cut of that.
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, I'll show you whatever part you want to see for a five spot.
Speaker 3: If there's any demand, give you a ten not to that's what I'll do. I'll start a bigging war and that's what I'll make my money. And they please don't. We'll win out, but I'll be the benefit. It's not temptation, it's extortion. I'll give you unny. It's a thread the Armstrong.
Speaker 2: And Getty Show. Yeah, more Jack, more shoe podcasts, and our hot links.