Speaker 1: What's up, Brinde said, welcome into Leading Off. That is right, it is leading Off time right here. I'm Fantasy Pros. I am Chris Welsh, and that is Scott Bagman, not Joe Piece of Pso it's a little bit of like new new new in this league, order or life. It is an ITL invasion here on Fantasy Pros. Bogman and the Welsh we ride again. Bogman, we are back.
Speaker 2: What's upbody, I'm loving it. This is going to be a great time. And I know people disappointed. No Joe, but I tell you what. The hair level on this show went from about thirty to seventy five.
Speaker 1: We did bring it up. I mean I was talking earlier. I gotta be careful about how I show the hair off of a hat because I've got, you know, like some thinning and going on. I can make it really look good. But we are hair level ten on the show today without Joe. But Joe is with Mama Joe, with Mama Joe doing some He's done some good sun stuff today. So Bogman is sitting in with me and we have got a lot of ridiculous stuff to talk about. I'm just warning you in the for fun section today. There's a lot, there's a lot to unpack that we're gonna be talking about.
Speaker 3: I'm here, We're gonna have some fun. We're gonna we know that.
Speaker 1: We've also got prospecting with me. We're gonna be prospecting here in a little bit. Uh, and it's gonna be a little bit more prospect report e because we've got a few other things that are gonna be lining up. We've also got the best bets of the day. We've got all the fun stuff as we always do. And to remind you, guys, we are brought to you by our great friends over I bet three six five, that's right. Use promo code leading off today. When you bet five bucks, you can get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets. What's better than that, We're gonna talk about our best bets of the day. So go and download the app today, use that promo code, make it deposit, and start having so much fun. Gambling problem called one one hundred Bets off one eight hundred Gambler in Arizona and a bunch of other places Kentucky eighteen plus Terms and conditions apply. You know the deal thank you to bet three sixty five. Bogman. The hair's looking slick today too.
Speaker 3: By the way, Yeah yeah, it's uh, it's getting long. Man. There's a big old ponytail back here somewhere. So yeah, she is a lot of looking good.
Speaker 1: She's looking good. And what's up to the chat? Chats? Firing off? Love to see all you guys here. Barry said, do we have a puppet bog Do you know the puppet Joe situation? Okay, you do?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: I well, I saw the original puppet Joe scenario, so.
Speaker 1: Oh that's what I was about to say, like hat tip to Bogs. Bogs is somebody Boggs watches the show. Bogs is hanging out with you guys a decent amount of the time in the chat. I just didn't know if you were aware of puppet Joe or not.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, I have seen Puppet Joe's existence. I would prefer hopefully my internet doesn't go out so there's no puppet Bogman here, So you know, it's always I got people working literally right next door so they could hit a power line.
Speaker 1: Trying to think of like what puppet pop but Bogman would be like I'm trying to think of your sayings. It's only important to do the saying.
Speaker 3: We're live here.
Speaker 1: You may want to I'd be like, hey, everybody, there's meat on the bone. Yeah, I gotta find the bogman sayings. That's how you do the puppet stuff. All right, let's get into all the stuff and things. We got a pack show and we're going to kick it off with Shota Imonaga. It happened. Yeah, not complete regression and blow up, but this game was a regression game. He gave up seven earned runs, one strikeout, over four and a third and a loss of the Brewers. He was coming off of ten days rest, which is kind of the oddity to make sure you know.
Speaker 3: You pay healthy loess.
Speaker 1: Maybe like that could have definitely had some big effect. He came in, uh this one with just five extra base hits allowed and the Brewers match that with five off of Imonaga. This game, Christian Yelich he had a two run blast in this one. So even after the blow up though, he's got a one point eight six ERA a one whip. Everything still looks good. But we came back to earth in this start. So I guess the question is does this mean anything.
Speaker 3: I will say this.
Speaker 1: I also saw uh friend of the show, Frank Stanfel, getting into it, because all Frank did was bring up like, hey, regression hit him and his era went up, and people like, ugh, doesn't mean he.
Speaker 3: Sucks and he's like Szegger I love.
Speaker 1: But they do that and everybody plays I'm pulling up in Monaga stuff. They pull that this thing.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, gave up five earned total before yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the extra base hits as well. If anything, I would expect me to get some more of that hate of Evianaga because I am the one that has consistently been on shows going hey, listen, I love Emanaga. I love all of it. But there's something about a aggressive two pitch pitcher, especially a splitter fastball guy, and especially a low nineties fastball guy, that just never sat well with me that he's going to be able to be this elite like I've always thought he's going to be good, but I was thinking maybe he's going to be closer to a low threes era guy and he's not like the tenth best pitcher in baseball. I didn't receive any of it, which is amazing. It doesn't look like Baseball savan is updated because they still have him as a point eight four era and then expected two six two. But obviously this backtracks any thoughts on the first final blow. You know, we finally got the first blow up of Imanaga. Is there any actual like worry for you?
Speaker 2: And by the way, I'm seeing at one point eight six and one even as the whip on Fangraft, So I don't know if that's higher than what.
Speaker 3: You're saying Savann has.
Speaker 2: What are you seeing one eight six for his season era and a one to even whip?
Speaker 1: Okay, now, well on Baseball Savant they have an updated the era. It's still sas point eight four and I only care about that.
Speaker 2: So this raised his era a full run. What was his whip before? Yeah, it's I was now as well. So okay, look, I think that you know, we talk about this in the pre draft season and everything. A lot of guys that come over from another country who are great there, and the Monaga was amazing. These guys they come in, they dominate and then they hit a rough patch, almost like a rookie season, right. You see a lot of rookies ride the roller coaster and go up and down and all that stuff. It's a little more stable for guys that have been in a professional league. But I think we're we could potentially see that. I'm not running to the hills to sell yet. I definitely want to see his next start. I just you know, it makes you do this, makes you raise an eyebrow. Okay, maybe we're entering a down spurt here for Emonaga, maybe he's been figured out a little bit. But these guys also will readjust as well. So I'm not too worried about Imanagua right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, and that's the other battle is like are you looking at this as like, hey, this is the time I buy or you know, I think the pessimist is like by now I would, yeah, But I think the pessimist is also looking at this like, okay, is this going to be the trend moving forward? Because again that that's Ino calmed it down a little bit when we did the show on itl about like the two pitch pitchers. I'm not sure this would make you feel better, but he likened it to like Kevin Gossman, and Kevin Gossman has had some issues when you're kind of a two pitch guy because he's essentially almost ninety percent fastball splitter this start. I think you can definitely look at the ten days as a as a marker. Here he was down about a half mile per hour on everything. He had zero whiffs, zero whiffs. He had twenty three swings on his fastball, zero whiffs on that pitch. The splitter only a twenty seven percent swing and whiff rate six whiffs off of twenty two swings. In general csw he essentially wasn't getting either called strikes, like everybody was swinging at that thing, and his fastball was getting smashed. It had a ninety three average exit velocity against at I mean, I say, it's just say that the splitter had a ninety six. He really got smashed in this one. But it's enough to say I lean on the buy. But here's the problem. I don't think there's any discount on him Minauga. He's been too good. It's one everybody can excuse it. You really, it's got to go down for a little bit for there to be a body.
Speaker 2: He also only stranded two of his nine base runners, and he has had a great strand rate, So you know that that the lob percentage was pretty high.
Speaker 3: Before.
Speaker 2: In this one it was low. It was in thirty percent of his worst game so far in terms of that his worst game as an MLB player. But I think I'm not hitting the panic button quite yet. I'm walking towards it, but I'm not hitting it.
Speaker 1: So I think you just need to Yeah, you need to monitor it and see what this next start is normal, rest, see what happens with the fastball. You know, can he induce some actual swing and whifts, because that was That's kind of the key I'm looking at here is he was getting swung on and no one was missing anything. Everyone was making contact and it's lower vilo stuff. So that's what you kind of you got to watch. We got some young aces from yesterday. Luis Heel is a freaking monster, just want to throw out. I was like, hey, what are we going to see overall? With how many pitches? When they say they're going to backtrack, he just he went Bizerko again. I think he went eight. He was awesome, and Paul Skein's absolutely dominant and well as well. Nine strikeouts over six innings and I believe he was up to like seventy pitches not even into the fourth. So I think that's something to like really hold on to with. I didn't think that Schemes was going to be able to go deep into games, and he continued continues to do that, and I think it's a great sign both of these guys. I think the ranks are really close to I think heel is up and the only thing holding him back is now this new like we might hold him back, but both fantastic starts. Any thoughts on either.
Speaker 3: Well, I'd tell you what.
Speaker 2: Luis heel Ken rosent a report maybe about a week ago that said the Yankees are likely to back off yel during the season to have him ready for the playoffs.
Speaker 3: So I don't like that.
Speaker 2: So I think that is a dude that I'd be looking to potentially trade, uh if I could. But Skins has been outstanding right and I know they are going to limit him at some point, but I think it's gonna be more like skipping a start. I don't think they're gonna I don't think they're fully gonna send him, like back down to the minors or whatever, take him off the roster because they don't want him throwing any more innings. I think he's proving to be more than that. You don't want to overwork a guy with the potential Paul Skins, right, But you know, I think I think it's more skip starts than it is going to be just a full stop date and this is the amount of innings we want for you period, end of story. I think they're gonna just try to keep pushing him. So maybe it's frustrating in the middle part of the year, but I want Skins for the playoffs, so I think that he could be a factor from this season.
Speaker 3: He is proving it right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I actually want to I want to lock this in for next year. I want to make like a little list of players and monitor how they are being used for the narrative and the conversation next year. Because someone in the chat was like, hey, you know we have Garrett Crochet and innings limits. I want to like, let's mark this, let's do this together chat, Let's get heel schemes, Jared Jones, Garrett Crochet and maybe stop at those four and then I don't know, I'm cool to you guys want to present another guy or two and then let's monitor, like how are they treated the rest of the season. What does that look like, so we know what this narrative is is into next year on how it will be because it's always changing. They're always changing how these guys are used. And I just don't know if sometimes we might be making too much about like when we're gonna do this and it just you know, it might be kind of a different And.
Speaker 2: Whips has a good point here, love the let's limit eal, but also he's going eight innings, you know, and that's that's the old Christian McCaffrey trope in football, right, We're gonna give him less touches and then he ends up with three hundred and fifty as well.
Speaker 3: You can't take him off the field. He's one of the best players.
Speaker 2: Same things happening with the Eel, Same things happening with Skiens especially. We'll see if they hold to those words.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like taking all those guys and then having the context too of like the teams, like you know, Skiens being a rookie but also on a team that maybe not is not winning. Let's see what that what that does. Let's look at what a guy like Heel who you can can kind of consider heal in the same boat as the Skeens. What it happens with them on a winning team in this new era, because I think we commonly just go back and say, oh, they're gonna limit these guys without question. I actually think that what the Marlins diid last year with jury Prez was great, Like it was like twenty days or whatever, and then he just got to be himself the back half of the year.
Speaker 2: If that didn't shut him down early enough, obviously we know that now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. Some others on the headlines here. Blue Jays John Snyder told reporters after Wednesday's game that Alec Mino is going to undergo an MRI on his injured right elbow on Thursday. So today after he left the second inning against the White Sox, he'd been better. Ish. I was never an Alec Manoa guy, So if you were of the Alec Manoa fan club, just know that he's going to get checked out and MRIs on elbows never good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know he's kind of a head case right now, so I don't know, like, is this going to be something that derails him or is this going to be something that gives him time to focus up and kind of, you know, adjust what he needs to adjust.
Speaker 3: And get right again.
Speaker 1: So I don't know what he needs to adjust the truffle shuffle. I can say that I'm like the same way. By the way, it makes me think back to the pole we had of I accidentally did schemes and Manoa on the pole and six percent of people said Manoa. Rest of the season, I'm just still thinking about that. Mackenzie Gore hot still ten strikeouts across five and a half in a seven to two win over the Braves on Wednesday. Set Lugo also continues to just that thing wan and run over six innings in a six to one win. Starts out fun. He's I don't know, is he he has? The wins is one, seven to two? He's got that what do they call it?
Speaker 3: Like the nine and one?
Speaker 1: That's crazy. They call it the death bald curve, like it's like thirty four hundred rpm. He is wild, he is.
Speaker 2: Winning bold whatever it is, it's the giving them dubs ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really is all right for fun. This is where things are gonna get crazy. First off, new we have a new mayor in Arizona. They've actually given the key and the state has been handed over. It's to Cory Seger. Cory Seger owns Arizona. He is the new king and uh whatever you know, they call it mayor owner whatever he owns us It's ridiculous. Cory Seger not only has just been on a complete tear and behind the scene, just want everybody to know because someone I'm not gonna look because I'm I'm not gonna look at the comments and videos. Someone's gonna kill me. The trade this is I'm giving you, guys behind the scenes here Fantasy pros. I did a trade video. I think it just released yesterday, quite a bit later than it usually does. I did it on Sunday, and I feel bad because I was like by Corey Seeger, not that like he was already kind of heating up.
Speaker 3: He was heating UPPs, but it was like by.
Speaker 1: Him, by him, now get the discount. It's all gonna in between me recording it and we had a snaff foo and it didn't release until Wednesday, four days. He had like nineteen home runs in that period of time. So someone's gonna be like, oh, thanks Wills for the great advice.
Speaker 3: And I just that person.
Speaker 1: But I had done it on Sunday. Corey Seeger owns the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 2: And dude, I sat on my phone yesterday that said Corey Seeger has eight homers in his last eight games against the Diamondbacks. Like, first of all, my phone hates me for just throwing that stat at me in my face. And also living in Houston for whatever reason, I have to watch the Rangers broadcast instead of just the MLB dot TV so I can watch Diamondbacks. Guess what they talked about and showed highlights of the entire series here. It has been not so much fun. Yeah, he owns it. Yeah, this is not so much fun. Also, my new favorite player in baseball is Jorge Lopez. Mets designated Porge Lopez for assignment on Thursday after he was ejected from.
Speaker 1: The game on Wednesday, and as he walked off, he chucked his glove into the stands and then after this is the crazy part. By the way, after he was interviewed, he did not hold back. In translation from the media, it sounded like the he said I play for the worst team in baseball. He actually went on Instagram today to be like, hey, by the way, I said I'm the worst player, I'm the worst teammate and thanks media, you made it a lot better. He immediately got cut after doing this, he had a few other choice words that were going that were with it. I don't know. I liked Hornye Lopez more when he said I play on the worst team in baseball in the Mets. I kind of like that a little bit better. And I thought the Mets did the wrong thing. The Mets should have just doubled down and be like, oh, now you're going to be a starter. They shouldn't cut him if you're on the worst team in baseball. They should have made him go like seven instead of cutting him. I don't know. I love Jorge Lopez for that.
Speaker 3: Petty Welsh would not be a manager here. Yeah, But like if.
Speaker 1: Someone does something like that and then you cut him like you, I don't know, I kind of feel like you look like the loser, Like you should just be like, no, now we're gonna you're gonna really dig it. Like I thought that would have been a better play on the Mets to just shove him into a starter role than immediately cut him.
Speaker 3: I think they did the right thing.
Speaker 2: You know, if if he's a problem, look he's a borderline player anyway, I actually think he's pretty good I think someone will definitely pick him up. There's enough bad bullpens in the league. Someone will pick up or Hae Lopez. So I think he needed to say that just to get at it again. But I'm not shocked at what.
Speaker 1: Boy. I can't put some of your guys's comments. I want to put some comments up on the.
Speaker 3: Screen, but Marcelo's in one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you guys are going with that, all right. And then in the final of the fun things or just wild things, I know a decent amount of you saw this former Angels infielder, the Gambler as we call him, David Fletcher. Gambler is with the Braves. Pitched last night in triple A against Norfolk. If you're not a big prospect person, you might not understand. Norfolk is the pinnacle. That's the pinnacle of prospects right now. That team has Heshton, Kirshtad Jackson, Holiday Connor Norby, and it had Kobe Mayo at times. What is fascinating, immensely fascinating across the board. First off, David Fletcher is implicated in an investigation currently on the I Pay E Pay gambling thing because apparently, as an angel he had taken bets with the same bookie and maybe through ipay, And then there's this whole thing of like, eh, he didn't bet on baseball, but he's really good buddy who used to be a Royals bet on the Angels in games that David Fletcher was in. So first off, he's under that investigation. So he's playing baseball all of a sudden, he's a five foot seven or eight by the way. Then he's put on the mound and he high, right, well, I'm not just saying like that's not a starter then, so he then is put on the mound and I gotta pull it back up. And he not only had he not been like, you know, half a year or something like that. If you guys remember Anthony Ghost, who's like an outfielder, he's been like for three years. He's been out there trying to figure out how to be a relief pitcher. They throw David Fletcher in as a starter. This is what he does last night. He goes for actually, let me pull up the box scorec I have the other stuff in here. He pitches five innings, strikes out six walks, one two earned runs on and gives up five hard hits. Against Jackson Holiday, Connor Norby, Heshton Kurshaid, Billy Cook is pretty good as well, Tarren Vavra, like, there's some good players in there. He did it with a knuckleball. He threw two pitches last night. He threw twelve fastballs seventeen percent of the time, which, by the way, average seventy four miles per hour, hit eighty two.
Speaker 2: He threw sixty knuckleballs less of the White Sox right now, right, I mean, come on.
Speaker 1: He got eleven whiffs on that knuckleball. And this can't even be right. This can't even be right.
Speaker 2: Are you looking at You're looking at a fake scatting report from him.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at the spin numbers. It said the spin on the knuckleball had a maximum spin of two hundred and twenty.
Speaker 3: I mean, hackleballs don't move with the lowest spin of thirty six.
Speaker 1: That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. But I just want to point out the infielder David Fletcher went five innings through sixty knuckleballs in a triple A start for whatever reason. It is one of the wildest things I have ever seen. And he's embroiled in this gambling thing. I don't know, man, David Fletcher is crazy. I don't know if this was a make a wish situation and he always wanted to pitch before he gets sent to the clink for the gambling.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's beating innings.
Speaker 2: They're just like whatever this guy would anymore, he's probably gonna get well. They thought he's probably gonna get suspended, so who cares, who blows out his arm?
Speaker 3: Let him go throw all the knuckleballs he wants.
Speaker 2: And he was actually pretty good, So I think this is just straight up dumb luck.
Speaker 1: He had a thirty five percent csw on that knuckleball in triple A. I cannot get over a two twenty max and a thirty six low on this. I mean, he is there's nothing that ball is not moving. That is a absolutely wild story to me. And I guess we'll continue to watch what happens with mister.
Speaker 3: David Fletcher, and you bet on it.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna bet on it. I'm going to bet on any lines that he's got. That knuckleball is crazy. Spencer Swellenbach allowed three runs across five innings in a loss to the Nationals on Wednesday, struck out five walk one. I know a lot of people talked about him, but Frindos. That takes us over to my favorite segment. It's time for this week's prospecting with the Welsh. We got lots of those gold base balls and we've got to find the best prospecting with me the Welsh this week. It's a little bit different, Bogs. It's kind of a report style because things are wild.
Speaker 3: Continuously coming in line from the same estadium.
Speaker 1: I've got two guys that we're going to talk about that I think qualify in the stash range. I'm going to answer the really the two biggest questions that have come up, which has to do with Jackson Holiday when will he come up? But the number one thing in our world as far as prospects and to stash have been James Wood and Junior Cameronaro and it's all bad. Both as you guys most likely all know, are on the il. These are the two guys that warranted the stashing, the real stashing. James Wood, He's going to miss a couple weeks of the hamstring strain. As I did hashtag free, James Wood pulled up kind of lame. They took him out. This holds back the timeline a little bit. So if you're stashing James Wood, it's more optimistic than junior Cameronaro, who's on the ale with a quad strain. Here's the bad part, likely to miss four to six weeks, as you can see on our graphic here, and what that does if it's on the six week timeline, that doesn't bring him back until mid July, which is around the All Star break, and then they'll want him to get back into Triple A games. To me, we can't see junior Camonaro until at least August, and that has been a big, big cursor of mind kind of why. I don't know if you wanted to even keep a junior cam and Aro. I'm being optimistic about James Wood, but both of these guys in a bad spot. And what that does, Bogs is that takes us really off of the exciting stash range. I'll tell you right now. I don't think there is one single prospect that warrants mustache like Camonaro and James Wood is. And we're even kind of in the range of like the unique thing about Wood in camon Aro was if they were called up like once they're called up, you have to have it. I don't know if we even have any guys a ROVs Martinez or not that you have to pick up if they were to get the call up. So we're going to kind of navigate through that. But it's brutal. And you heard me do it like weeks ago about the camon Aro thing, and some guy rip me about it, like oh, bad advice, and it's like, okay, well, no, you're not gonna see until August.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so camon Aro is a tough one. And I think what you said is correct, and I don't think it's always correct, but I think it's correct currently that.
Speaker 1: I'm not always correct.
Speaker 2: Or maybe on occasion, you might be guilty of a mistake every once in a while, Welsh.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying, you know, it.
Speaker 2: Happens all the time, last Sami, every day or most of the time you open your mouth or anything like that. I'm just saying that sometimes it happens like like it does with this guy. But look, I think I think not ever sashing prospects is eye rolling. But I do think that right now we don't really have a guy that is one hundred percent guaranteed to come up, but you know, really soon and go ahead make a huge impact for your team.
Speaker 3: I think most of those guys are gone.
Speaker 2: So there are guys to buy in deeper leagues if you have the roster spots for them, But right now it's if you're in like a standard league with five six bench spots, there's not a guy you have to stash because he's coming up anytime soon, specifically after these injuries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think James Wood is like, I think he can come back a little bit sooner, and you would hope the Nationals are going to bring him up, But you also had Lane Thomas come back. I made my case on why, and I do think that he will be up exponentially quicker than Junior Camenero. But it really kind of takes the top off. So then the second biggest question is we go to AI Jackson Holiday. Hi, everybody, when will Jackson Holiday be coming back?
Speaker 3: Or just a regulation picture of Jackson Holiday?
Speaker 1: This is our AI version. But the question is is is Jackson Holiday coming back soon? That's the question I see the most in the prospect world. So to answer it, I don't think so, because since being back in May, in Norfolk. He's hitting just two forty seven in the month of May, and he has played the entire month of May. This might not have counted last night where they got ripped up by David Fletcher and his knuckleball. He's got four homers, four stolen bases in that time. Here's what's really concerning and why I don't think Jackson Holiday is on the come up soon. An almost thirty percent k rate he has had since he has been down. Now he's walking still. He's got a four hundred OVP. That's great, he's still hitting lefties nice, which I think is a very big positive. And on that four hundred OBP side, he has an OBP over four hundred against both righty's and lefties. Again that's positive. But he's being outperformed by Connor norby Heston Kerstaed. So never say never. But I don't think we're gonna see Jackson Holiday anytime soon. And I kind of think like anything before July first would be crazy, and I do think it's possible after the All Star break. So the next question I get, will Heston Kurstad come up before Jackson Holiday? And I think the answer is yes. Since being sent down. He's hitting three twenty seven, three homers, six doubles. By the way, in fifty at bats, that's nine extra base hits just I didn't even look at triples. Between the doubles and the home runs, he also has a nine to fourteen K walk to K ratio, So I don't think we can actually predict like an obvious replacement for him, because I think the obvious is like in the infield, which could be Connor Norby, but I think it could be at any time we see Heston Kurstod and maybe he's a guy that you do stash right now even though it's not obvious. Would you be okay stashing him even though he's not positionless but it's tougher, but he is dominating since he went back down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I I if he have the roster spots, fine, But for me, we're a little bit with a lot of these injuries starting to mount up here, We're kind of hitting the dog days and I feel like I need that bench spot to be active. So for the most part, I'm not picking up any of these guys. But if I was going to pick up one, cursed AD's the guy, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So who can you stash. There's your question. I've got two pictures for you. And yes, I've already talked about this guy before, and I've seen this question come up. Welsh, what do you do with Caid Povich? I still think you can stash kid Povich. He is lining up pretty close to Albert Suarez, which I think is good. I think he's a day off or two from Cole Earth. Colervin and Albert s Warrez were the guys that moved up into the rotation, so I think that's important because those are the likely spots that he would end up occupying as well. Colervin is currently the only lefty in the rotation. Povic is a lefty. Povich went six in his last start. He did give up three hundred runs, but he struck out six and has held batters to an under two hundred bating average of this entire season. So because of that question, I feel it soon it's a blow up from one of these starters. I believe Swarz is pitching today, or a simple injury, or it could be to bolster back the bullpen that they want Irvin or Sworez to be in that bullpen spot and let k Povich go so again, I don't have a magic ball, but I would say that's the guy. The other one Minnesota Twins David Festa currently as the third best swinging strike rate in triple eight over sixteen percent. He has been as dominant as Povich with the two seven to seventy RA sixty strikeouts over thirty nine innings. His last start, he went five, gave up one, and struck out eight while walking just one. Did one hit. But walks have been his kind of bugaboo, and he hasn't actually built up big major innings. Simon Woods Richardson is key here. If he starts to unravel, David Festa is going to get the call. Those are two that I would spot start if they come up. But hitters are fini key. And I'll tell you I had one last thing on here. I was going to say a surprise stash might have been Brennan Davis. Who Brennan Davis has been good in the minors. Two fifty six at over four hundred ovp lowered his strikeout rate sixteenth best WRC plus and triple A twenty first best slugging in triple A. But I thought it would be Michael Bush gets kicked to the side, and then instead of bringing up Pete crow Armstrong, they would bring up Brennan Davis to try it out. Well, guess what, Pete kro Armstrong was called up today. So I do think you'll see Brendan Davis in the near future. He has been way better. Maybe he'll be a guy that comes up soon. But that is what we are doing when we are prospecting with the Welsh. We're prospecting today. Oh look we found something. Hopefully we found something in kid Povich and we can be correct here, all right, Bob, We're gonna plow through some of this stuff. Going through the three up and three down. George Kirby allowed one run, eight strikeouts over six innings and a no decision, Thank you very much. J Justin Verlander allowed one run with nine strikeouts over seven. Lane Thomas three for four to go ahead, three run, home run, double walk, couple runs, your boy, you love some Lane Thomas. On the three down, Logan Allen allowed seven runs over one and two thirds. Jared Jones surrendered seven runs, five were earned. Didn't look great, and Joe Adell oh for three with three strikeouts. I put this on here. He now has one hit over his last seven games, and his averages dropped to two eleven. Everyone was like, Joe Adell, are you eh? Joe Adell might have the Gladiator.
Speaker 2: I was so happy to see him look so good. He at three fifteen last month, but he's hitting one forty one this month.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It might have been a bottle rocket month.
Speaker 1: So would you cut him? Would you come Jake Myers, Jake Myers or Joedell?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd rather up Jake Myers.
Speaker 1: I think I would too. Injuries you. Darvish was pulled from Wednesday's start against the Marlins after three innings due to tightness in his left hamstring. Buddy, I don't know. You know what, If I was smarter, I would have realized, look for Adam Maser. That might be someone that gets a start here soon. Mayze or Adam maze Or might get a start, especially with Darvish getting hurt. That could be a positive. Pete A. Lonzo has removed Wednesday's game against the Dodgers after being hit on the right hand. He's day to day. Tyler O'Neill back on the ten day IL retroactive to the twenty six with right knee inflammation. Hate that Lars Newbar undergoing evaluations at injured wrist makes me upset. Joeycenut here Edwin Diaz on the Il fifteen day with a shoulder hingement, and Jeffrey Springs was able to long toss on Thursday, five days after being removed from his rehab start due to shoulder tightness. So Jeffrey Springs in the world of holding, they're gonna have to maybe wait just a tiny bit more. Bogman, it is time that we jump into the best bets of the day with not Joey p. Put some hair on that Joey P version and I can still look bewildered. I felt bewildered the last couple of days with some of my bets. But you can jump in with bet three six five and Betting pros here in Fantasy Pros for our best bets of the day, where Bogmin and I are going to unleash those bad boys. So get in with bet three six five and let's turn it around. I had I got my Yankees yesterday, but just I mean Corbyn Burns killed my little k prop by dropping one. It's it's been a rough couple of days, so it is a turnaround time, small slate, but I like what's going down today. So Bogman, let's start with you give us your best bets of the day.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with Spencer Raghetti over six and a half k's. It's plus one oh five and Seattle has the highest k percentage in Major League Baseball. Also, they've been pretty bad over like if you shorten that to May last two weeks, they're striking out a bunch. So give me Spencerraghedtty on the over mos Al Twove over one and a half total bases is plus one forty versus Logan Gilbert. He's ten for twenty seven with two homers and five doubles, so a lot of extra base hits for Al two Bay against Logan Gilbert. And give me one Soto over a one and a half total bases plus one twenty versus Patrick Sandoval. He actually has reverse splits and he's hitting over three thirty versus lefties. So I like that lefty lefty matchup.
Speaker 1: I almost bet that Ragedty one. That's funny that you put that on there. I was looking at that, but I went on a different direction. I actually went with Logan Gilbert five and a half strikeouts. It's plus money today at one ten. Obviously the Astros they're a pretty good non strikeout team, but Gilbert actually got this number. He hit six against Houston in their last start, also walked four, so it was a little bit like uncharacteristically ineffective with those walks. Still struck out six again Houston and went pretty deep Houston over the last three games, averaging eleven strikeouts per game. Gilbert also has only gone eighty one and seventy seven pitches in his last two starts, so I think there's a possibility of a longer leash. I like his ability for the strikeouts, He's done it before, and I'm getting plus money. So one of my favorite bets is five and a half over strikeouts at plus one ten. I am rebacking Jack Flaherty, but I'm not taking his strikeouts or you know, laddering him again. We're going to just go on the money line first five, So Detroit first five money line. It's someplaces even money between one oh five and one hundred, if you guys want to check that one out. And our Arizona Diamondbacks Bogs Mets Diamondbacks. I'm taking the first five total runs at three and a half. Over three and a half is a lower number than you usually see. The total game is seven Christian Scott and Zach Gallen. One of the reasons Zach Gallen has a two ERA at home, he's a four er on the road, so I'm going to take four runs to the first five. Christian Scott also can get hit up a little bit if the Diamondback.
Speaker 2: Carol three for five last night starting to hopefully come out of it heat it up.
Speaker 1: So over three and a half runs Diamondbacks Mets through the first five innings three and a half minus one twenty five. That is my best bet of the day, and you guys can get your best bet over at bet three six five. Use our promo code leading off bet five dollars, get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Do it today, download the app, use the promo code, make it deposit, and have so much fun and make sure any gambling problems one eight hundred gambler got to be eighteen plus in Kentucky terms and conditions apply. Those, my friends, are the best bets of the day, with not Joey p It's Bogman and the Welsh Bogs. We're gonna finish this bad boy out with a home run call. Let me get to the board here, Look at that still not me. Pazzi is taking the lead with twenty one South African g at twenty. Those are only twenty guys here. We got Bo's and O's at nineteen. Joey is down here at seventeenth. He is currently in tenth place or you know, probably seventh place. You know, hosts kind of get to go a little bit higher. Wonkey is on the board at nineteen with fifteen. Welsh is nowhere to be seen. Bogman somewhere on that list. Where are you gonna go with your home run call?
Speaker 3: Today?
Speaker 2: Give me Christi Yealich. He's send for twenty three verse tie on four thirty five? Is that average with two bombs in his career? Hit a homer yesterday? Heating up a little bit, So give me Yelich.
Speaker 1: I am getting tricky with it a little bit today. Go with Riley Green. Riley Green, I almost wanted to play his doubles his total basses on the day, but give me the leadoff spot. Pretty decent matchup. Give me Riley Green on the home run call today. If you guys want, you guys can get in on the home run calls. All you gotta do is come over to the discord and yeah, here you go. This is the discord Chat. But you guys can always check out the join our discord today, fantasypro dot Com slash chat. Get in on the premium. You can do home run calls and tons more. No reason not to go sign up. Also, a brand new cycle coming up later today on the podcast feeds, so make sure you're subscribed to the Fantasy pros MLB Baseball feed. We're leading off is this show is going to drop.
Speaker 3: You got whoom may you're in the womb.
Speaker 1: Are going to be dropping a brand new cycle today that you guys are gonna want to check out, So make sure you do that. Bogman absolutely blasted through this show and we still gave people forty minutes. Any closing thoughts for the day in the baseball world.
Speaker 2: For you go Dbacks, Let's get a win, Let's go come Onyva.
Speaker 1: Looking to be right, make sure you guys can look for my prospect article. I'm gonna dig deeper into maybe some deeper options. That's going to be over on Fantasy Pro, so go and check that out or be on the lookout for that over the next day. Make sure you're subscribed to the podcast. That's it, friends, Joe's going to be back tomorrow for a fun Friday. We're gonna do all the stuff and things as we always do. That's Bogman, I'm Welsh. Thank you guys for hanging out with us and we will talk to you next time. Right here, leading off on Fantasy pros pre Sulia