Speaker 1: Hey, guys, Saga and Crystal here.
Speaker 2: Independent media just played a truly massive role in this election, and we are so excited about what that means for the future of the show.
Speaker 1: This is the only place where you can find honest perspectives from the left and the right that simply does not exist anywhere else.
Speaker 2: So if that is something that's important to you, please go to Breakingpoints dot com. Become a member today and you'll get access to our full shows, unedited, ad free, and all put together for you every morning in your inbox.
Speaker 1: We need your help to build the future of independent news media, and we hope to see you at Breakingpoints dot com.
Speaker 2: Good morning, everybody, Happy Monday, Welcome to Breaking Points. A little bit of an unusual pairing today. I don't actually remember if we've ever done this since studio together.
Speaker 3: I think we have over the years.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know we've done the show together, but maybe like remotely.
Speaker 4: But anyway, this is exciting.
Speaker 5: The real heads will have to look through the record books and try to figure it out.
Speaker 4: You remember better than I will.
Speaker 5: We all love the premise of the show hearing from both sides, but sometimes you just kind of get.
Speaker 2: Sick of that, right sometimes you don't, I really want to hear from the others. No, there is a very specific reason why is Ryan and mean Today we actually have Senator Chris van Holland on, which is going to change the format of the show a little bit. Ryan secured that booking. I've been really wanting to talk to Senator Van Holland. So Sager graciously said, Hey, you guys just handled the show so that we can do all of that. So we're going to make sure to save a good bit of time to speak with the senator who has been at the forefront of any number of significant issues. He's been pushing back on Schumor, He's obviously led the charge in terms of a lot of foreign policy, been very courageous with regard to Gaza, with regard to kill Marburgo Garcia. So want to talk to him about a whole range of issues. Also, Ryan has a weird because of course he does, a weird personal connection with Chris van Holland. You want to save that for the interviewer. You want to give it, Okay, So other things are going to try to get through all of this in the show. We may go through these things a little bit more quickly than we normally do because we are trying to get to that interview with Senator Van Holland. But we have a big fighte that's broken out now between the FED Chair Jerome pal and Donald Trump. The DOJ is investigating Powell now for some sort of criminal malfeasance with regards to the FED headquarters renovation, and Powell is firing back. So we've got our eyes on the markets. That is a massive, massive development. We'll break that down for you. We've got big developments with regards to ice, including very own again Ryan Grim fighting with the president vice president of the United States, so well more accurately him fighting with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's true.
Speaker 4: He picked the fighting start.
Speaker 3: Well, I called him psychotic.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's true. That is true in any case, So we'll dig into that. But there are a lot more details to come out there as well, and also surging, you know, ice brutality across the entire country. We've got Tim Dillon wing and with his thoughts on the killing of Renee Good, we've got potential war with Aron and Trump making some new comments there. And then we have that aforementioned interview with Senator Chris van Holland, So a lot to get into. If you guys enjoy the show, please support us at Breakingpoints dot com. And also if you cannot sign up for a premium subscription, totally get it. It would help us a lot if you guys subscribe to the channel. So if you're watching the clips you haven't subscribed to the channel, please subscribe to the channel. Helps us in the algorithm. We really appreciate it.
Speaker 5: So yeah, and supposedly YouTube is starting to care again about subscriptions.
Speaker 4: Oh really, for.
Speaker 5: A long time YouTube it was just a fake button that would that just like made creators feel good that all I have X number of subscriptions, But they didn't care what you subscribed to. They were going to feed you what they thought would make you mad. Their algorithm would decide you had no real say about what you subscribe to or not.
Speaker 3: Supposedly they're going back.
Speaker 4: On that net algorithm their choice, you might say.
Speaker 5: And what they're saying now is okay, Actually, you know we're going to we're going to actually start taking into account what you have affirmatively told us you're interested in. So if you tell them you're interested in this show, they'll think about they'll consider.
Speaker 2: Maybe serving you a few more clips the show. It is also good for our egos, so that.
Speaker 4: We appreciate that too.
Speaker 3: That's true, all.
Speaker 4: Right, Ryan, you want to break down this that chair situation.
Speaker 5: So last night Jerome Pal put out a let's just roll a one here. This is Jerome Pal saying that on Friday he was basically served with papers that Trump is trying to prosecute him.
Speaker 6: On Friday, the Department of Justice served the Federal Reserve with grand jury subpoenas threatening a criminal indictment related to my testimony before the Senate Banking Committee last June. That testimony concerned, in part, a multi year project to renovate historic Federal Reserve office buildings. I have deep respect for the rule of law and for accountability in our democracy. No one, certainly not the Chair of the Federal Reserve is above the law. But this unprecedented action should be seen in the broader context of the administration's threats and ongoing pressure. This new threat is not about my testimony last June, or about the renovation of the Federal Reserve buildings. It is not about Congress's oversight rule the Fed. Through testimony and other public disclosures made every effort to keep Congress informed about the renovation project.
Speaker 5: Those are pretexts.
Speaker 6: The threat of criminal charges is a consequence of the Federal Reserve setting interest rates based on our best assessment of what will serve the public, rather than following the preferences of the President. This is about whether the Fed will be able to continue to set interest rates based on evidence and economic conditions, or whether instead monetary policy will be directed by political pressure or intimidation. I have served at the Federal Reserve under four administrations, Republicans and Democrats alike. In every case, I have carried out my duties without political fear or favor, focused solely on our mandate of price stability and maximum employment. Public service sometimes requires standing firm in the face of threats. I will continue to do the job the Senate confirmed me to do with integrity and a commitment to serving the American people.
Speaker 5: And the financial fallout of this, the economic fallout I'll read just straight from the Wall Street Journal. Stock futures feed all the dollar weekend, and gold prices jumped to a record after FED share pal said President Trump was seeking to press the Central banket and cutting interest rates the markets.
Speaker 4: Gold buds really vindicated under this administration.
Speaker 5: If you bought gold, yes, every day you're feeling better and better. The market moves points, you reinvigorated concerns about FED independence. And it says that tech stocks are leading the crash in futures because tech stocks rely most heavily on interest rates, on interest rates and easy.
Speaker 3: Money, and so they because they they don't think clearly.
Speaker 5: A market doesn't think that, oh, well, he's prosecuting pal He's going to get exactly what he wants. Because if they thought that, then it'd be like, oh okay, let's bye bye bye. But instead they're they're kind of shaken by this. This And we were talking about this earlier. You were pointing out that this was this is kind of Trump airing out his grievance from last summer where Palell kind of embarrassed in front of the cameras. When you know, Trump likes to dress down his subordinates and loves to then you know, just be praised by them or they sit there silently and take it.
Speaker 3: Pal didn't do that. So let's roll.
Speaker 5: I think it's the third element here.
Speaker 3: A three.
Speaker 5: This is still the summer of twenty twenty five, and.
Speaker 7: Kim has been with me for a long time and you're in judge of the committee.
Speaker 8: One of the reasons why I wanted to see it was the overruns of the expenses, wanting to figure out why.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so we taking a look and it looks like it's about three point one billion. Who went up a little bit or a lot, so the two point seven is now three point one.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it just came out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I haven't heard that from anybody to set.
Speaker 7: It just came.
Speaker 3: I know about three point one as well.
Speaker 6: This came from us.
Speaker 7: Yes, I don't know who does that?
Speaker 3: Are you including the Martin renovation?
Speaker 6: You just retire capital, you just you just added in a third building?
Speaker 3: Is what that is? That's a third building.
Speaker 7: It's a building that's being built.
Speaker 5: It's been it was built five years ago.
Speaker 6: We finished Martin.
Speaker 7: Five years over as part of the oldall sow So we're going to take a look. We're going to see what's happening.
Speaker 3: And it's got a long way.
Speaker 10: Do you expect any more additional course.
Speaker 3: O roads, don't expect them. We're ready for him. But we have a little bit of a reserve that.
Speaker 6: Well we may use, but no we don't expect to be finished in twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 3: We're well along as you can see.
Speaker 7: Uh, nice to take these off every once.
Speaker 10: In a while.
Speaker 5: Okay, so the Fed did a renovation project. Trump thinks it's too expensive. Probably is all renovation projects are.
Speaker 3: And now.
Speaker 5: In order to make that case, he shows how this letter pal figures out immediately you just throw in another building.
Speaker 2: Just added in this other building that was completed years ago.
Speaker 5: I'm not a developer, but if you add in another building, that does increase the cost.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 2: Ye, that's my understanding of how this works as well well. And so there's both. So I mean, obviously, government agencies go over budget all the time. Runovasions go over budget all the time. What makes this a even theoretical crime. They're investigating whether he lied to Congress about the possible cost overruns. And so you know, there's the political aspect of this, the retribution campaign. Obviously, Powell's not the first for Trump to try to go after. It has not been that successful yet, which I think is something that we should all be heartened by. They've tried to jump these like mortgage fraud claims against Letitia James and others, those have not really gone anywhere. A bunch of these things have gotten thrown out a court. Now they're going after Leticia James again. This time they're investigating something to do with her hairdresser. I mean, very obviously, this is not about going after like, oh, we've got to find the worst criminals and the worst malfeasans and go after though those people they're partnering. They're looking to go after Trump's political enemies. It is incredibly overt. It is the sort of thing that in any other time, in any other administration, would be a massive front page scandal for weeks, if not months, if not years. I still remember the whole thing about the IRS allegedly targeting tea party groups and not being independent and all of that, and that what was it a conversation between Clinton and who was it at the time, who was Attorney general. I mean, these things were like massive scandals, and now it's just out in the open. Trump sees the DOJ as his personal weapon of political retribution. He's mad at Powell because he didn't wasn't sufficiently slavish in that exchange, and most critically, because he hasn't done what Trump wants him to do with regard to interest rates. So there's that piece, and then of course there's the financial piece. So the FED is supposed to be independent from the executive. Now I think there is an argument to be made over wether that is the correct structure or not. However, if in my opinion, Trump is pushing me more in the other direction, and I was more open to it before, now I'm like, do I want Donald Trump to be setting the monetary policy and the interest rates?
Speaker 4: No? I do not know.
Speaker 2: I do not want that situation. And you know, I don't think that Wall Street is excited about that possibility either, which is why you see this this market crash. The other thing, Ryan is like Powell's term is up in May. You only have to wait this like it's a few.
Speaker 3: More months, right, What are you doing?
Speaker 4: Why now?
Speaker 2: But so, and I think that's where you're flagging of this, you know, this moment that they exchange and just him sort of like hating Powell personally, where that really comes into the mix as well, because he's going to be able to have his person his like toty loyalist who's going to be vetted for you know, his willingness to do whatever Trump wants him to do in a matter of months. Very likely, this, if anything, throws a wrench into his ability to get that person put a two up on the screen. Tom Tellus, who is a Republican but he's tiring Republican representing North Carolina, says, if there's any remaining doubt whether advisors within the Trump administration are actively pushing and the independence of the FED there should be now none. It is now the independence and credibility Department of Justice that are in question.
Speaker 4: Then this is the critical part.
Speaker 2: I will oppose the confirmation of any nominee for the FED, including the upkedit coming FED chair vacancy, until this legal matter is fully resolved. So you now at least one Republican saying I am not going along with anyone until this whole thing is put to bed.
Speaker 5: And why this matters is that he's on the Senate Banking Committee where the FED appointees would have to go. So is Chris van Holland we could ask him about the dynamics there when he's here later, but that means that if he votes no, because Republicans have a two seat majority there, that's a deadlocked vote. So then to get him onto the floor, you'd have to you know, basically have a floor fight to like pull him out of committee and go against the committee, which then puts people like Susan Collins, who's running for you know, in a competitive seat in Maine, in a tough spot because it's now like, are you going to you know, go against the Republican on the banking community so that you can fuel this corrupt prosecution of the feduer like, so that puts somebody like a Collins in a very difficult situation, or even Ricketts in Nebraska who's facing Osborne.
Speaker 3: And and and two.
Speaker 2: By the way, you know, also many of these senators are very tied into Wall Street that is not happy about these moves. So they're you know, at odds between Trump's desires and the desires of their money.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's right, there is this. This is one of those places where Wall Street, the Wall Street wing of the Republican Party is like, bro, what are you doing? And yeah, I'm I'm with you in this sense that I've always believed that there should be more democratic control around the FED.
Speaker 3: This is not this is not democratic control though.
Speaker 4: No, this is this is the control of a monarch.
Speaker 5: Right who And you could imagine, like the FED has all of these differ diferent windows that where they lend overnight to like if Trump was you know, Trump does understand lending in interest rates, because that's how he has made his career, like just basically playing games with cash flow and interest rates and bankruptcy laws. He could go in there and be like, Okay, this bank, let's let's lend to them at point twenty five. These guys at point two four, how do you get down to point two zero? Well, Trump organization, you know, has a little bitcoin sale going on, you know, pump some money in there. So like that's it is.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 5: It is an argument for uh, certainly not allowing just like the unchecked control by one guy over trillions of dollars from Trump.
Speaker 2: Wanted to get to the very latest with regard to the killing of Renee Good and the fallout from that. The way the administration is handling it, and one of the ways they're handling it is apparently getting in Twitter fights with Ryan Grimm. Let's put b one up on the screen here. This is the vice president. Now imagine you are vice president of the United States and no offense. Ryan, I agree, I don't think that this would be how I'm spending my time personally. So anyway, Ryan said something I think.
Speaker 4: Is objectively correct.
Speaker 2: He said that the vice president was genuinely psychotic, innocent. He shot an unarmed woman twice through a side window and then called her an effing bitch, let her bleed out and fled the scene. So this is in reaction to jd. Vance, you know, completely venerating the Ice agent who called him innocent, who killed Renee Good, and Jade Vance replies, these people meaning you are incapable of not lying about this side window question mark. You can see the photos of the car with bullet holes. The shots came from the front of the car because that's where the officer was standing when he was hit by the car. He is allowed to discharge his weapon in self defense.
Speaker 4: Ryan response, it's interesting.
Speaker 5: To go through there and and count the number of just falsehoods in it.
Speaker 2: In his in his claim that you're lying, the number of lies.
Speaker 5: Yes, like holes is a lie, there's only one hole. Bullets is a lie. Standing in front of the car is a lie.
Speaker 3: And that he's.
Speaker 5: Allowed to discharge his weapon in self defense is generally true, but not in the circumstances that he put himself in. He it was self created risk.
Speaker 4: Hit by the car does not appear hit.
Speaker 5: By the I would lost lost count of all the incorrect assertions in that thing. If we can put up this the photo next to show like, if you really don't believe me, you put up B two three here. So this is an image of this is one of the frames. This is before he has fired his first shot. MJ kindly circled In turn of m J kindly circled the legs there. So for people who are confused, because it's hard to be because the fact that the other guy's silhouette is like blocking the other dude, This would be open and shut across the spectrum if that other guy wasn't there and you could see him. So now now here this is. That's the smoke from the first shot that hits the that does hit the front windshield. But notice where his legs were.
Speaker 4: And look where that shot is.
Speaker 2: Okay, that is the front furthest corner of the windshield, which is not actually what you would hit if you were standing in front of the.
Speaker 3: Car right right.
Speaker 5: And so the fact that you can see his legs means that he was not in front of the car. If he was in front of the car, you wouldn't be able to see his legs.
Speaker 3: Now what what what Jady Van?
Speaker 5: What started this was jd Vance had said, quote, what the press has done and lying about this innocent law enforcement officer is disgusting. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. And he said that in response to the video that came from uh the officer's phone, which we noticed early on, We're like, wait a minute, is that is that a phone in his hand? Because he actually he actually filming.
Speaker 3: Turns out he was filming.
Speaker 5: It was leaked to Alpha News, which is a publication that has ties has close contact with like police unions in Minnesota and so. And then the fact that there was a coordinated, immediate response on the right to say this is this vindicates him, suggests that they really believe that, like they put this, they put this footage out and so let's let's we can roll this, roll this footage. This is the footage that Jadie Vance was responding to. So here he is, he gets out of his car.
Speaker 3: Here you can see the dog in the car.
Speaker 5: He's circling around and then he comes around the side, and I think this image right here is what the right was seizing on. They're like, look, she's a liberal. Look at her face. You can tell she's a liberal. We told her she was a liberal. She deserved it. So now what he has here, he's gotten her license, so he has no reason to like keep her in the scene, keep her at the scene, or anything else. He now switches hands, he moves his phone from his right hand to his left hand, so his now you see her turn to the right.
Speaker 3: You see that, you saw her.
Speaker 5: Now he shoots her, and then he calls her in F and B. So you saw her turning the wheel to the right. That means he saw her turning the wheel to the right. His feet are on the side of the car. He then shoots her once through the front windshield, twice through the side window. Jade Van sees that and just completely lies about what's in it.
Speaker 4: They seem to that.
Speaker 2: I think you're correct that the real thing that they find to be vindicating here is that these are liberal lesbian women, right and so for for a rabid online movement like the New Right online Edge, lord's the fact that they look like they're liberal and their lesbians means they deserved it, and that is the real I think that is the primary point of the video. And you've got you know, the one woman, her wife, Rene's wife who's there sassing the officer, are basically fat jaming him.
Speaker 3: And did they bleep out her saying that she was a veteran or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know, And I think that's worth mentioning too, is like this, we have no way of knowing if this was edited in any way also to make this as favorable as possible for him. But then the other thing that they seized on is, you know, at the end when he fires the shots, the phone kind of goes and they act like that's definitive that he gets hit, even though the video does not show that at all, and in fact, we have much clear videos. We showed one on the show on Friday, and New York Times did an analysis. Wall Street Journal did an analysis that found no, he actually wasn't even grazed by the car.
Speaker 4: He was to the side of the car. He was not hit by the car.
Speaker 2: But because the phone kind of like goes crazy in that moment, they oh he got hit, I saw someone, Oh he got hit And he.
Speaker 4: Got hit hard. This proves that conclusively, like it literally doesn't.
Speaker 2: And it makes you feel like you're going crazy when you watch these videos and it is so clear what is going on here, Like she was trying to leave. Now you may say she shouldn't have done that. There's also it's also very clear she was receiving contradictory orders at that point, so it was impossible for her to comply. So in any case, you could say she didn't do the right thing by trying to leave the scene. Does that justify her getting shot in the face three times?
Speaker 4: You know, we've seen now.
Speaker 2: Multiple videos of protesters who position themselves in front of ice vehicles, including you brought this up on the show, or actually Emily brought it up, and then you were challenging her on at kat Aba Gazella, who's a congressional candidate in Chicago, where you know they're trying to prosecute her because she was part of a group that was trying to stand in front of an ice vehicle and they're getting pushed by that ice vehicle. Okay, So by this logic, was her life in danger which she justified to you know, if she had a weapon pulled out and shoot the ICE agent driving the car in the face. Of course, not like anyone would look at that and say that's absolutely insane, not to mention it wouldn't like it wouldn't solve the problem because the car would then keep going. Right, Now, you have what I saw one law enforcement you know, I think retired law enforcement agents said this. Then you have an unguided missile. Then that creates other safety. Imagine there's children playing, Imagine there's other people around, and you have now this car careening with the dead person at the wheel. So you know, the whole thing and the approach to it, the immediate tagging of her as a domestic terrorist, and the not just the defense of but the veneration of this officer, and the comments from JD. Vance that ICE agents have like him, have absolute immunity. You know, we are already seeing them sort of taking and running with that. I mean the number of videos I've seen of them just randomly assaulting people. We had another shooting and poor still don't know the details of that. Two people were shot there. The government story is already not adding up with regards to the details that have come out there. So you know, the willingness to just completely deny reality is something that is very hard for me to grapple with.
Speaker 5: It is it's very tough, and Christy Gnome has really led the way in that with her initial press conference where she basically said implied that he was dragged by the car.
Speaker 2: Like she said just before we play this club, she said, one of the vehicles, the ICE vehicles became stuck and ensnare in the snow. No sign of that in any of the videos we've seen. Law enforcement were attempting to push out this vehicle. Have you seen any of that. No, we've seen no video of that. When a mob of agitators that were harassing them all day again we know she had just dropped her kid off at preschool or at school, began blocking them in, shouting at them and impeding law enforcement operations. ICE officers and agents approached the vehicle of the individual in question who was blocking the officers. We saw her wave them by by the way roadway they could have gone by and with her vehicle, and she'd been starting compeeding their work all throughout the day. ICE agents repeatedly ordered her to get out of the car and to stop obstructing law enforcement. She refused to obey their commands. She then proceeded to weaponize her vehicle, and she attempted to run a law enforcement officer over. That's what she had said, and let's go ahead and play. So, Jake Tapper, just.
Speaker 5: Real quick before you go it, because there's this debate about whether or not she was quote unquote stalking them, which doesn't change anything about whether or not it's justified in shooting her. Right, the shooting was at nine thirty five am, and we know for sure they dropped the kid off at school. I don't know exactly when school started. Anybody who was watching this either has kids in school or has gone to school themselves. It's not that much before nine thirty five, Like, there's no even if it even as one of these early starting schools of like seven fifty or something like that, that at most would give them ninety minutes to be following them around. But that doesn't remotely appear to be the case. Yes, there, it looks like a couple of minutes like this was like this was activism of opportunity. They're like coming home from dropping the kid off and they see.
Speaker 3: This is in the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Street they lived blocked away, and so they're like let's get out and like let's let's protest this like that.
Speaker 5: So this is not like some like antifat trained situation where they're like been stalking them all day long.
Speaker 3: Again, nine to thirty five am is when this is happening.
Speaker 5: So yeah, anyway, So Christy Nome again on Jake Tapper's show, Why did you.
Speaker 11: Not wait for an investigation before making your comments?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 12: Well, everything that I've said has been proven to be factual in the truth. This administration wants to operate in transparency. I have the responsibility as the Secretary of Homeland Security to know this information as soon as possible. Had just been in Minneapolis the day before, had already had conversations with officers on the ground and supervisors and knew the facts, and has decided that the department and the people of this country deserve to know the truth that the situation of what had unfolded in Minneapolis.
Speaker 7: With all the.
Speaker 11: Respect, Secretary, the first thing you said was, quote, what happened was our ice officers were out in an enforcement action. They got stuck in the snow because of the adverse weather that is in Minneapolis. They were attempting to push out their vehicle, and a woman attacked them and those surrounding them and attempted to run them over and ram them with her vehicle.
Speaker 3: That's not what happened. We all saw.
Speaker 12: What happened, absolutely is what happened. Those officers had been out in an enforcement action. A vehicle had been stuck. They had come to help get that vehicle out. That's when this individual started blocking traffic for minutes and minute.
Speaker 11: They said that the woman attacked them and surrounded them and attempted to run them over and ram them with their.
Speaker 12: Vehicle, blocked the road for a long time, and was yelling at them and impeding a federal law enforcement investigation.
Speaker 5: She should have responded, I'm not so sure I agree with your police work there. It's so weird having a Fargo type character as part of this whole thing, like what happened to the whole Northwest nice thing or.
Speaker 4: The like, not with the puppy killers.
Speaker 3: But yet this is what happened. Yeah, actually that is what happened.
Speaker 4: Like we can see the video.
Speaker 2: We saw it, you know, I mean, And that's the point is like they I think I think it is the message they want to go out to all to all of America and especially to ICE and CPP and all of these you know, federal agents and they're kidded out gear who've been searched into various cities. Is that we will make shit up on your behalf.
Speaker 4: We will completely lie.
Speaker 2: You can do whatever you want, and we will defend it in a like humiliating an embarrassing way, in a way that is completely disconnected from reality. Doesn't matter if there's a video, it doesn't matter if people can see with their own eyes that something completely different happened. We will go to the map for you, and we will lie on your behalf publicly and repeatedly. And I think you know, so it's not an accident that this is the way they approach it. The other thing here is Tapper asked, you know, made a comparison between people who actually only beat up police officers on January sixth and were pardoned by this president versus this woman. And I think many people, myself included, have pointed out like, Okay, so you know, you guys are very upset about Ashley Babbitt. I think there's some actually justification to be upset about Ashley Pabbitt, Would it have been justified for many other protesters writers on January sixth, you have been killed by the cops there who were actually getting beaten and violently threatened. Let's go and take a listen to tap or make that comparison with her.
Speaker 11: Those are law enforcement officers being physically attacked by this standard, Would any of those officers being justified and shooting and killing the people causing them physical harm?
Speaker 12: Every single situation is going to rely on the situation those officers are on. That they know that when people are putting hands on them, when they are using weapons against them, when they are physically harming them, that they have the authority to arrest those individuals.
Speaker 11: President every single one of those people.
Speaker 12: And make sure that they're getting justice for their actions.
Speaker 4: Going forward.
Speaker 11: President Trump pardoned every single one of those Every.
Speaker 12: Single one of these investigations comes in the full context of the situation on the ground. And that's one thing that President Trump has been so focused on is making sure that when we're out there, we don't pick and choose which situations are in which laws are enforced and which ones aren't. Every single one of them is being enforced under the Trump administration and the clarity of the law stands, and if people don't like it, these members of Congress and elected officials should go change the law and make sure they have that debate in policy.
Speaker 11: I just showed you video of people attacking law enforcement officers, undisputed proof, undisputed evidence, and I just said President Trump pardoned all of them. And you said that President Trump is enforcing all the laws equally.
Speaker 3: It's just not true.
Speaker 11: There's a different standard for law enforcement officials being attacked if they're being attacked by Trump supporters.
Speaker 3: We just saw them.
Speaker 12: This individual and these instances and these investigations all have to be taken and done and done correctly in context of every situation that is happening on the ground.
Speaker 2: I mean, the whole thing is just in group versus out group, and it's deeply un American, and the idea is supposed to be not that we've ever lived up to it, but there's one standard of justice for all.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: They don't accept that. They genuinely don't. And that's where you know, included in on the video that they were so excited to share. What they wanted you to get is this is the out group. So they deserved it, whereas January sixth rioters who were some of whom were actually assaulting police.
Speaker 4: Well, that's the end group. So it's totally different.
Speaker 2: And you know, that's what Trump's pardon schemes, that's what that's about as well, Like, oh, well they're on my team now, so you know, even though you may have been a former president who actually was involved in narco trafficking a quote unquote narco terrorists, that's the term of art, now doesn't matter because you're on our team. So you can do yeah, you can you can do yeah. You're you're close with Peter Tiel and whatever, so you can do whatever you want. And you know, and there is he has said himself like he claims the powers of the monarch, that the only limits to his power are his own morality.
Speaker 4: Is that is the quote.
Speaker 2: So they don't accept the idea that there should be one standard of justice. They they want to rip that apart. They want to change that in the minds of the American public. And I think you have to say, with regard to their own base, they have accomplished that. Now, Look, everybody is guilty on some level of hypocrisy, right of there's a lot of tribal thinking and partisan brain. There's no doubt about that. That that is, you know, something that happens across the board. This is really something different in terms of the weaponization, the use of the federal government to try to codify and to actualize a reality where all that matters is whether you're on the in group or in the end group. And you know, I don't think it'll work. I think people are disgusted by it. I actually be curious for your take on you know, how you think this is going, like for JD. Vance and his presidential ambitions, But they've convinced themselves that this is a strong place politically to stand. I don't think, you know, it couldn't be further from the truth. Abolished ice, which used to be you know, sort of a fringe sentiment, is creeping up on majoritary position. Yeah, and the overwhelming majority of Americans say that they use way too much force and they're out of control because they can see these videos and so this is insane, right. I mean, as much criticism as I've had for local police officer, like you would never see them behaving in this completely like just routinely in every situation, totally insane and illegal manner.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it is jd Vance tying himself unnecessarily, even like he didn't have to jump in here to the least popular elements of this version of trump Ism or Maganism like that. So I think it's extremely damaging to him. I think clearly AOC who I don't think will be his opponent this time, but maybe twenty thirty two more likely you've seen her kind of say, like the difference between me and Jade Vances, I don't think that the American people should be shot in the face. Like it's like, how did you wind up positioning yourself in defense of this guy calling him innocent, saying he should be thanked for what he did when the entire country like saw what he did. Yeah, so yeah, I think it's actually extraordinarily dangerous for him politically, Like I think, and I think he recognizes that. I think he's a bit impulsive. He posts too much, and now he's out there, and I think that's why he's saying just completely false things because he wants to establish, at least among the Republican base, a set of facts which are that I'm putting facts in quote here and the facts he wants to establish are this guy was hit by the car and that he and then the you know, the bullets came through the front windshield, Like he needs he wants those quote unquote facts to be established. And then no one wants to show you that grainy, sped up video that they've been circulating. Yeah, which if you if that's all you saw, you'd be like, oh, it does kind of look like he gets bumped in that footage. Then if you watch it in the regular speed and you watch it in context with the other body, you're like, oh, he didn't get hit.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think he really cares about what facts he establishes. I think he wants the like white nationalist Graper part of the base to forgive him for having an Indian wife and and.
Speaker 4: This is his work. It's not going to happen.
Speaker 2: This is his attempt to convince them that he's he's one of them, he's one of them, that he will go full fascist, that he's all in on the race war, that he will lie on behalf of the regime. Like he wants to convince them that he is one of the good ones and he is not actually a race trader, and you know, I don't think that is ever going to work out for him, but he doesn't seem to have figured that out.
Speaker 4: This next piece I think is important.
Speaker 2: Tom Homan, who it's worth remembering like actually got the job, got his initial job in government under Obama.
Speaker 4: Was where he was really elevated.
Speaker 2: His initial reaction after this happened was kind of like the normal reaction you might expect, where he was like, we should have an investigation, right, not.
Speaker 5: Going to say anything about this until the investigation plays out.
Speaker 2: And Tom Holman is a disgusting, psychopathic cretan, okay, but even he was like, we should have an investigation and then we'll see.
Speaker 4: He has since shifted.
Speaker 2: His tone as he's picked up on what this administration, this regime expects him to do. He got asked about this question of do you think she's a domestic terrorist? Let's go ahead and take a listen to this, because I think this is an important piece.
Speaker 8: Is anyone who protests ice a domestic terrorist in the eyes of the administs?
Speaker 9: I can't say that. You know, it's a case by case basis, but you know, if you look up definition of terrorism, is there violence, is there threat? Of violence based on an ideology that wants to change the way the government does what we do. Look up the definition terrorism.
Speaker 5: With Secretary Nome correct to label her a domestic terrorist.
Speaker 4: Mister Homan, look, we don't know what.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 9: If Secretary Nome knows, what I know, I can tell you is what they did is illegal. And if you look up this definition of terrorism, it certainly could fall within that definition. If you look at definition, you don't have evidence.
Speaker 4: Pardon you don't have evidence that she's a domestic terrorist.
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 9: What secretary has that I don't I'm not going to judge what the Secretary says, but if you look up the definition of terrorism, it certainly can fall within that.
Speaker 2: So Ryan, he says, if you look up the definition, and true enough, if you look up the definition as offered by this government, he's probably right. And he says something else, that's like, she has an ideology that wants to change how we do what we do. Isn't I mean, aren't we allowed to have an opinion about how the government?
Speaker 4: But in their they think no.
Speaker 2: And this is where Ken Klippenstein's reporting about NSPM seven comes in. They genuinely want to define any protesters, like anyone who does disagree with how they do what they do. They think that's illegitimate. They think we won the election, we get to do whatever the fuck we want, and you don't get to really say anything. And if you do step out on the line in any way, yeah, we we think you should be put in this category of domestic terror. So I think in their minds and according to the definition, which you know, the definition of terrorism is sort of like always fake and made of and extremely political by their definition, they genuinely see.
Speaker 4: Her that way.
Speaker 5: Well, they've some elements of the administration have called the Democratic Party like domestic terrorists.
Speaker 4: That's right, Yeah, that's exactly right.
Speaker 2: They don't think that opposition is legitimate, even the incredibly weak, barely existent opposition offered by the Democratic Party.
Speaker 4: They find that to be too much.
Speaker 5: And what they have managed to do is create actual opposition. If you've been watching this show, you you've noticed over the kind of first year of the Trump administration.
Speaker 3: And Trump himself even commented on this.
Speaker 5: He said, Wow, I thought there'd be more opposition to me, but the opposition is basically just rolled over, And that was that was more or less the case other than like Chris van Holland going down to El Salvador and a few cases here and there. The party was just flat on its back, and so were a lot of activist groups. Now because of them constantly poking this bear, people are actually starting to rise up and can put up b seven here. So it's not just that people are now coming out in the streets of Minneapolis and confronting Ice wherever they find themselves. You know, they try to go to the bathroom a target, and they just and they just get yelled at the.
Speaker 3: Entire way in and the entire entire way out.
Speaker 5: They have lost all legitimacy within in the cities where they're trying to operate. And now states democratic states are trying to figure out different ways that they can set themselves up in an adversarial posture to Ice, and they're seeing that the polling is against ICE and with opposition to ICE. So the Trump administration came in with the administration flat on its back and with public opinion on their side when it came to kind of reversing Biden's immigration.
Speaker 3: Policies, and.
Speaker 5: Because of Stephen Miller's need for these kinds of images they have now kind of flipped the entire political table against them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, and I think that point about legitimacy is very important because if you talk to law enforcement officers, I mean, you will not be able to operate effectively. You have to have some consent from the local community. And that's actually what sanctuary city policies are about, because the idea is if there's no trust with local law enforcement.
Speaker 4: You know, in immigrant communities.
Speaker 2: Where you have a lot of mixed status families, where you have a significant number of undocumented immigrants, you're going to have more rampant crime because people are not going to talk to the local cops about what's going on. They're not going to assist in investigations, and so that is part of the rationale, and there's a lot you know, there's studies that bear this out. It's a public safety rationale behind sanctuary city policies. But yeah, I mean, if you go into Minneapolis and everyone there hates your guts and are chasing around with whistles to alert everyone to you're in the neighborhood and this is what's going on, You're going to have a lot harder time actually operating. I mean, Obama earned his moniker to Porter in chief, did it in a much I mean, I don't support it. I think he did also things that were cruel, though not anything approaching this level of just like mass thugs, jack booted, thugs in the street, insanity with the largest law enforcement budget of anywhere, of any time, but he was very efficient in what he was. He was actually much more effective, in particular at getting the quote unquote worse the worst, which is what they're supposed to be going after, because they actually put investigatory resources towards focusing and prosecutorial resources towards focusing on criminals first and foremosts and prioritizing them. So you know, the goal here is not actually to sweep up the most number of immigrants possible.
Speaker 4: The goal is this show of.
Speaker 2: Force, and not just to scare immigrants, to scare anyone who would oppose this government.
Speaker 4: That's what this is actually about.
Speaker 2: It's you know, immigration is obviously part of it, and those are the people who are most in the sights of these mass thugs in the streets and of this administration in general. But you know, when they're when they're recording videos, all this surveillance there's new reporting out about mass surveillance systems also in the context of this immigration sweep that is not just targeted at immigrants. It's certainly not just targeted undocumented undocumented immigrants.
Speaker 4: This is about this is about all of us. This is about the way, the very radical.
Speaker 2: And revolutionary, very negative sense, in my opinion, way that they want this country to be, in this country to operate. So when you put together the largest law enforcement agency by budget in history, with now Trump asking for one point five trillion dollar defense budget, I mean, you get the sense of they really want to concentrate tax payer resources in a police, surveillance and military state. That is the direction that they're pushing things in, and immigration is the pretext for the build up of that.
Speaker 4: Capacity, right.
Speaker 5: And the other way that the federal government could have gone about this is to say that this may have been a crime, and we're going to investigate it.
Speaker 3: The officers going on leave.
Speaker 5: They have instead squarely positioned themselves on the other side and put b eight the Daily Mail reporting that a bunch of masked ICE agents we're photographed removing a whole bunch of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't know if we know if they are ICE or FBI. I think the theory that this is actually FBI removing a bunch of stuff from Jonathan Ross's house. He appears to have fled with his family, and so you know, is this evidence is it just his belongings that he wasn't able to grab and they're you know, helping him out. But the FBI has now blocked state and local officials from being involved in the investigation at all. And you know, I don't think that they care that it is blatantly appears to be a cover up. After the everybody from the President down to you know, the vice for everybody involved has already said no, he's innocent, Like there's no one even if they hadn't done that, I don't think anyone would have confidence that cash Betel's FBI is going to do like a straightforward, bang up, unbiased job in any of this. But you know, it's it's clear what conclusion they have already made. They have no interest in actually gathering the facts. There are enough facts available, I think to all of us already to see that this was you know, this was not justified in any way. I mean, he put him self in front of that car, which in and of itself, that officer is called officer created jeopardy. Like you're trained not to do that, and yet not just with him, strips you of your defense, and it strips you of your defense. That's exactly right, not just with him, but this seems to be a pattern in practice with ICE end with CBP, going back years. There's a twenty fourteen article that's circulating now about how they how they do this, how they put themselves intentionally in danger in order to justify using deadly force.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and so the put up B nine here, this is you know, there is the tensions are continuing to escalate.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 5: You have the guy pointing, you know, first he points this his like riot control weapon at the at the person and then pulls pulls a gun out and put puts it right in the pulls it right in the person's face. Just just utterly, utterly provocative in a way that seems designed to kind of increased tensions.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's go ahead and turn to some interesting comments from Tim Dillon. And you know, I find what he says noteworthy because obviously he was a supporter of this administration. He is an immigration restrictionist. I listened to this whole thing, by the way it is, he does his classic like sort of both sides the stuff, but the clips that have gone viral are where he's not backing up the administration in this really at all. Let's go ahead and take a listen to Tim Dillon talking about how he does not think that this officer feared for his life in that moment.
Speaker 14: Now, I don't believe from the angle I'm watching that the federal officer feared for his life at the speed she's going, when she's turning the wheel, I don't believe that the federal officer feared for his life. He could have shot the tires, it could have done other things. This idea that everyone just they have to just shoot them in the head.
Speaker 2: So he says, I do not believe this officer feared for his life. He goes on to really go after the ICE agents for their lack of training. Now with this guy, that's no excuse because I think he'd been involved. I saw like nineteen years he's been you know, ICBP whatever involved in some way, and again we'll talk about it on the other side, But in any case, he also goes after the ICE agents for their their lack of training and professionalism. Let's say, let's take a listen to that.
Speaker 14: I don't believe the cop was justified in shooting her three times in the face. By the way, I've always believed this, and this is something that I've quit heat for, but I've literally believed since I'm a kid. I don't believe you should ever shoot someone in the face more than once. I've no, seriously, I think I just think it's ridiculous so that they did that, and they you know, the guy there, These are not well trained law enforcement people in Ice right now. We're taking people that did backyard wrestling. I mean, we are the people that are in Ice right now are I mean, this is your cousin who like was in backyard wrestling, Like this is tough. This is not the cream of the crop, you know, the guys your kidnapped Maduro Like Delta Force Navy seals.
Speaker 3: This is not them. This is not the Delta Force Navy Seal people.
Speaker 14: This is people that like had This is people in their third grade rapport card the teacher where they has violent tendencies.
Speaker 2: I saw one of the Chapbo guys said that this was like a war of the unemployable versus the employed. And I thought that kind of nailed it too, But you know, this guy doesn't have that excuse, And in a sense, I think it's a little bit of a and I would soccer and I and aren't very lengthy debate talk to some about the training as well, which is obviously an issue when you turn loose a bunch of like thugs who have watched this sort of stuff and been like, that's what I want to do, and you give them forty seven in honor of our great president days of training, and there's reports coming out saying that many of them can like barely read and write, and you just turn them loose and have the vice president say you have absolute immunity, Like that is a problem. That is definitely a problem. But I also think in a sense, the training, like the fact that this man has been on the job for years, for like many years, I think in a sense the training is also the problem because clearly, again the way he operated here, it's not just him. It's not just him that's recording with the iPhone, right, there's pressure, both for surveillance reasons and also for content creation reasons to be recording all these interactions and hope that you get on the next viral hype reel. Right, the moving around the front of the vehicle. Now, by the time the shots are fired, he's to the side of the vehicle. But walking in front of a vehicle with the engine on is directly contradictory to what any local law enforcement I mean, they have years and years and years decades of training like data of how it goes and how you're supposed to approach in a situation where you've got a vehicle where the engine is on, and that is contrary to any of those training books. Yet what you see is many this is done. The same maneuver is used in many, many instances where they try to block in the vehicle with their body and put themselves into that jeopardy so that they can then justify more aggressive and in this case, deadly tactics. So I don't think the problem was that he didn't know what he was doing. I think he knew exactly what he was doing, because you can see in that video, you know, when he switches the camera phone from his right to his left so that he's got his you know, his trigger finger ready to go. This is someone who actually was very in control and knew exactly what he was doing in that moment, right.
Speaker 5: And he finishes it with F and B like and then they block medical care like so, and it's a case where you're where and the lawyers you've looked at this said like that also is going to be a huge problem if it ever got in front of a jury, because if this was purely self defense, then how do you justify for forget the second and third shots, not trying to help her with medical care.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's that's and that again shows you like a gun in the in group out group distinction, because they none of those guys thought this woman deserved to live, right, clearly, none of them, I mean not just the man who killed her, but none of them thought she was worthy of life because none of them tried to save her life, and they blocked the doctor who was there who wanted to intervene and help. They you don't if they pointed a gun and him said absolutely not, We're going to let her bleed out.
Speaker 4: That's what the choice was made.
Speaker 3: And I believe it was.
Speaker 5: On CNN, I saw an interview with a with a police commander who had said he's like for instance, I once had two officers who were shot at by a man like who shot directly at them, he missed them, They returned fire, they hit the guy. They immediately ran and got their medical gear and rushed to the guy too that they had just shot who had shot at them, and immediately start delivering attempts to save his life and call in an ambulance, because at that point you transition from he's no longer a threat. You transition back into this protect and serve like this is your that this is your job's what you're training to do. To just be like sauntering around and and like joking around and then hop into a vehicle and flee gives gives away, gives away the game. And did you did you see the h the ice officer busted going into the porta potty?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, sharing him play this is I mean, this is just thinking all in ones, all at one. Because you've got him slipping, comically slipping on the ice like in a Looty Tunes as kind of way. There's a lot of video of that in Minnesota right now. So he falls down, okay, not that they're not sending their best and then goes into the porta potty with this detainee while you know, this other agent sits in the car and watches Ilhan Omar who you know this is in Minneapolis, this is her district. She posted like, can someone please tell me what's going on with this? Because I find this deeply disturbing. And you know, there was another I believe ICE agent who was convicted of sexually abusing one of the detainees. Like these things that we're seeing like this is only just what we can see. Imagine what's happening behind closed doors where the cameras aren't allowed in. And by the way, on that note, they're now trying to block there's a law that is supposed to require Congressional any members of Congress, from being able to go and inspect ICE facilities at any time. Don't have to give notice, Chris, you know, I'm just put out some memos saying no, now you have to give a week's notice. Don't see how that is compliant with the law. It'll probably be a court case over that. But in any case, Ilhan and others showed up at one of these ices, so they wouldn't want him ment. So, you know, in direct violation of a law that you know, Congress passed in response to concerns about exactly these sorts of things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Omar said, this is deeply alarming. If anyone has more information, please share Brooklyn centers in my district, and I would love any info you all can provide. Yeah, and when it's bad news, when you're like, oh, if you've seen the video of the ice officers, you know, slipping on the ice and then but like and you're like, which one because then the other one they slip on the ice and the guy and his gun discharges. Yes, there's there's no world in which you're following proper gun safety and you fall in your gun discharges Like, that's just not a thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he almost took out his buddy there. Yeah, that was alongside there was another instance where they again involved involved a vehicle and they were trying to shoot the person in the vehicle and ends up like the bullet ricochet and he shoots his partner. So yeah, I mean just comically comically.
Speaker 5: One's being caught on video like there's somebody just happened to be filming that portaty right like what like that? So we're just getting the very very tip of the iceberg.
Speaker 4: That's exactly right. That's exactly right. All right, Ryan, you want to tell us what's going on in Iran.
Speaker 5: So moving on to Iran, President Trump on Air Force One was asked about whether or not Iran has cross across a red line. Yet it's interesting, if we were just talking about a protest being killed in Minneapolis, Trump seems to have more concern for protesters being killed in Iran than he does here.
Speaker 3: In the United States.
Speaker 5: Setting that apocrious hypocrisy aside, let's listen to Trump's back and forth with the press about whether or not he's about to start bombing Iran. I guess on in the interests of peace or something. Let's roll this.
Speaker 13: They call yesterday Iran call to negotiate. Yesterday, the leaders of Iran called they want to negotiat.
Speaker 10: I think they're tired of being beat up by the United States. Iran wants to negotiate. Yes, we may meet with them. I mean if a meeting is being set up, but we may have to act because of what's happening before the meeting. But a meeting is being set up, Iran called, they wanted negotiating.
Speaker 5: And so we know that the foreign minister from Oman recently went to Tehran. There's some reports that he delivered some type of a message from the United States. Iran is responding saying they want to get back into the Iran nuclear deal, but obviously if you go to war against us, that will make those negotiations a little bit more.
Speaker 3: Difficult if we can put up D one.
Speaker 5: According to the New York Times and other outlets, Trump has been briefed on new option for striking Iran. He has laid out what he has said is a red line, although it's not entirely clear what that red line is. It is if if protesters are killed under certain circumstances but not other circumstances, because some of these protests have veered into not just like riots, but like armed, armed attacks on security forces. More than Iran has said, I think more than one hundred members of the security services.
Speaker 3: Have been killed.
Speaker 5: You've seen some and you're seeing videos of that circulate. Police officer killed and set on fire, a nurse was killed, firefighter was killed. There are reports of the beheadings of at of like government security services. Meanwhile, you have at least five hundred protesters killed at this point, and arguably probably thousands at this point, like it's and Iran has cut the internet, so it's very difficult to get to get legitimate information out of there. Lindsey Graham was at an event last night and told people there he had to cut it short because he was very excited that we might go to war that night.
Speaker 3: Let's roll D two.
Speaker 8: But the reason I had to cut the speech off a little bit, and it was really very kind of you to do what you were doing. I don't know what, but this might be the night. It's just a matter of time now, just a matter of time. Why is it just a matter of time? And you know what I'm talking about, don't you. This tyrannical regime needs to end. We need to end this for the good people of Iran and for our own selves and the people of Israel.
Speaker 3: We need to.
Speaker 8: Take this guy down. He needs to leave, standing up or laying down, I don't care.
Speaker 3: He needs to go.
Speaker 8: And if we can pull this off, it'd biggest change in the Mid East in a thousand years.
Speaker 3: Hamas has gone.
Speaker 5: It's not even clear to me why Lindsey Graham would need to cut it short, Like is he calling the shots here? Is he like picking targets like what is his involvement with this potential bombing or is he just need to be in private to enjoy it, needs.
Speaker 4: To be alone to fully savor the moment.
Speaker 5: Like the fact that he's still so influential with Trump really undercuts the idea that Trump.
Speaker 3: Is not just.
Speaker 2: There are many things about this that have undercut the idea that Trump is.
Speaker 4: Mister Pace.
Speaker 2: I mean to be honest with you, I think he is worse than the neocons. He's actually worse than the neocons because he has bombed what seven countries so far, and you know, the any of the like at least the neocons felt the need to like build up some sort of case, have some sort of legit intemacy with the American people, the full on barbarism and the complete law of the jungle might makes right like this this is this is actually worse now. And I'm someone who and I think you were too, probably and the first Trump administration was like Bush is still worse, Like Bush is still worse than what you know what Trump has been. I can no longer make that case. Like the resistance lips were right, their most arranged takes on everything except Rush of Gate were one hundred percent proven correct. I am sorry forever criticizing you, you guys, and you know what all the like discussion of his world temperament and like his character, which I also used to sort of like roll my eyes and no, you were correct, like that actually did that ended up mattering a lot in terms of the conduct of his presidency. So yeah, completely vindicated. You know that first clip we played about where Trump is like, you know, maybe we'll talk about a deal. I would love to believe that's the case, but we've now had multiple instances where the possibility of diplomacy has been used as a pretext and a cover for a bombing campaign. So you can never like this could be yet another trojan horn. Oh we're going to extend the arm. Oh now we know where all of you are, so we can murder you. You know that, Like you just can't rule any of that out. Ever, not to mention in that same clip, he says, well, we might have to take action before we can get to the negotiation table.
Speaker 3: And there's also a.
Speaker 5: Thing where he's like like, Okay, yeah, we're doing a lot of war, but we're really only going to do it in our hemisphere. That's what America first means, just doing the war here. So okay, you thought we were going to be, you know, a more peaceful administrative we're not.
Speaker 3: But it's just here, promise.
Speaker 5: And then like three days later like, oh and also we're going to bomb Iron, right, which is I mean.
Speaker 3: Can you can pick up a globe if you don't believe me? It's not in our backyard?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, right now, the Swedes are thinking of getting nukes to protect themselves from like they're in a coalition of Nordic countries, Like maybe we should get news. You should, everybody should. I mean, that is the logic that we have created around the world. The only people we don't fuck with are the ones who have nuclear weapons. So, you know, I guess that's that's the way that people are increasingly looking at it. And who could possibly blame them for viewing things through that lens, you know, in terms of what actually happens here, I genuinely don't know, because Trump doesn't. I think he doesn't want to get into some long protracted He.
Speaker 4: Likes the theater of war.
Speaker 2: He likes being able to do his mission accomplished moment after the you know, Seal team or whoever goes in and does their Oh my god, we kidnapped Maduro and it was so spectacular and amazing and aren't we the best? And obviously right now he actually posted that he's the acting president of Venezuela.
Speaker 4: I don't know if he saw that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he likes that, but he had enough enough caution around, you know, putting this Machado in and like completely doing the regime change thing, like that's probably going to require more for me than I really want to give.
Speaker 4: And he seems to have that same sense. In Iran, he said that.
Speaker 3: He's like, yeah, this rezip Levi al Sun for the shot. He doesn't have the.
Speaker 2: Jews, he doesn't have the support. And he's right, I mean, he's absolutely right. But the Israelis definitely want to they want a regime change, but you know, tree to Parsi is correct and saying what they really want is regime destabilization, Like they don't care for Rams, the failed state. They're happy for Aron to be. Yeah, they want it to be a Libyer or a siri or whatever, like that's what their goal is now is Trump is he on board with that goal? We don't know but it certainly seems like he is being increasingly persuaded by the ego kick that he got out of the Venezuela operation, plus these protests, which I think are helping to convince him that this would be easier than perhaps he thought in the past. So, you know, I don't think there's anything that we could possibly put off the table, especially.
Speaker 4: When again mirror mirroring.
Speaker 2: The dynamic with Venezuela, where you have the Miami occupied government, with Marco Rubio and others who are you know, South Floridians who are very excited about these possibilities. You have a similar dynamic obviously with Mary Maddilson and people in the administry or my Kakabee and people in the administration who are very very committed to what Israel wants with regard to Iran, and they're just going to keep pushing and pushing and pushing and cycling through arguments with him until they find one which works, which is exactly what happened previously with Iran, and which is exactly what happened with Venezuela. They kept making different cases to him until they found one that they could use to convince him to effectuate the NDS that they wanted.
Speaker 5: And I don't even know what this one is, Like, what's the argument, like why like he was he did a twelve day war. They wanted more than twelve days, although they were getting pounded pretty badly, but they still would have gone a little further. But what is like, what even is the argument? Like I haven't I think, as a better bit of the public, I haven't even like received like why are we going to bomb them this time?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Because initially he had said in his meeting with Netanyahu, if they went back to building nuclear weapons.
Speaker 4: Right, that that would be but he they yeah, they, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, we haven't received even any fake reports about that. Well that's probably coming soon, stay tuned for that. But in any case, that's sort of been pushed to the side. Now it's supposedly about like the rights and dignity of the protesters. I mean, does anyone really believe that Trump cares about like the you know, aspirational human rights of the Iranian protesters when obviously doesn't give a shit about that with American protesters. But now since he put this red line down, now it's just about ego. It's like they're they're embarrassing you. You know, you said you made this line in the sand. You can't be like Obama where he had his red line and then they walked all over him like you said this thing. You've got to stand strong, I think. I mean, that's as far as I can tell, because I don't really see any sort of any other affirmative case being made for why this is in our interest at all?
Speaker 5: And isn't the a bombing campaign more likely to just end.
Speaker 3: The protests like that?
Speaker 5: That's the only I don't I don't connect how coming in with you bomb a bunch of military installations or something, and that that's good, that's kind of somehow further the protests.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I get. I guess anything's possible.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, Iran has said put up D three here that if the US strikes Iran, that they that they consider US targets throughout the Middle East, including the bases in Iraq which are which are quite vulnerable to irunning attacks, as well as any Israeli targets, that those are legitimate targets and that's that that's how that's how they will respond.
Speaker 3: We put up and.
Speaker 5: Then covering these protests is extraordinarily difficult. There is probably no arena where there's more disinformation and fake videos thrown out there. Trita Parsi has has talked about this. It's like it's there's some some is trickling out. There are a few Starlink Starlink was mostly successfully taken down actually, which is fascinating development and it's freaking out, you know, Musk investors. It seems like Russian Iran figure found a kill switch for it. Some starlinks are still operative and have been able to get some videos of massacres out. Some Arinians have left and gone to say Dubai or elsewhere and have brought videos with them. One of those we can put up D five here actually and then we'll go back to go.
Speaker 3: Back to D four. D five.
Speaker 5: This is this is footage being played and we blurred this out, but these are basically there's two hundred and fifty files here. Somebody smuggled this out, likely was smuggled out, and it's basically evidence of about of at least two hundred and fifty people getting killed. And then each file kind of goes through somebody else where and families are being asked to come to come identify and receive their their their loved ones, and we could, like I said, we could be talking about many thousands of.
Speaker 3: Debt at this point.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, in Los Angeles, Yeah, and we can put up this this post here. D four, a U haul truck drove through a group of protesters who are who are supporting the protests against the Iranian regime.
Speaker 3: The imagery on the U haul.
Speaker 5: Is suggestive of the possibility that it is an m K aligned action. M K is this bizarre kind of anti regime cult that is also hostile to the Shah and that has weird connections to the US security establishment and was based in Iraq and backed by the CIA at various times. Like it's like it's a very just look up the m K. It's a very odd organization that has no base of support inside Iran and would do something insane like.
Speaker 2: This, like terror attacks previously, the whole like we've turned over a new leaf thing.
Speaker 5: But if you did, like I don't know if this member got the memo, if it was if this was an MK link attack, but this is the kind of thing that m K would be associated with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and these were you know, the I think the protest the flavor was like pro monarchists, you know, more in back, Yeah, the the Shaw's Sun and you know, in support of him, et cetera. So in any case, yeah, you have very difficult situation to know what's going on in the ground. I saw doctor Parcy also tweeting, and it might have even been in that tweet that anecdotally what he's hearing is that the some of the lesson that was taken from the previous protests, which were largely peaceful, was that they failed because they were to they were peaceful, that there wasn't violent a violent cost associated with it, and that's part of why you're seeing this, you know, this more violent approach from the protesters this time. But again it's very hard to know what's what exactly is going on, how White's right, they are, how there's no doubt that the Iranian regime is deeply unpopular. I don't think there's any question about that. And you know, part of that is the certainly the repression. These protests were initially sparked by the currency collapse, triggered by you know, largely by our sanctions and our aggressive approach towards them. We've trashed their economy. You know, youth unemployment is just sky high. It's an incredibly you know, dim situation for people economically on the ground. And so it's no surprise that the country would be a powder keg. And it's also no surprise that you would have actors in the US and Israel who want to take advantage of those legitimate grievances to pursue their own ideological ends.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Israel brags about how well organized massade is inside.
Speaker 4: Iran and that well they've showed that off out.
Speaker 5: Of what a massive network of allies and assets they have in there. And there was no immediate and we'll get to Van Holland the moment. There was no immediate kind of triggering event that sparked these protests. It really appears like it was an organized, like orchestrated, planned out thing rather than you know, let's say somebody, you know, a protester, or police kill somebody, or you know.
Speaker 2: Maybe an ICE agent shooting someone in the base three times for as one example, as a precipitating event.
Speaker 3: There was none of that.
Speaker 5: It was just like all of a sudden, there's protests. Yeah, and you have Israel, and Israel was in the weeks leading up to this, saying we're going to war against them again, and so they've basically taken a lot of credit for this