Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich Podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Coveno on Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app by searching FSR. All right, and we're so pumped this Friday, so I'll have a great weekend. Enjoy the games we're broadcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. Speaking of games, our fun new game Brainwave comes up in about twenty twenty five minutes, so call in when we ask you to call, and remember you could watch and participate on our new YouTube channel, Covino and Rich FSR. So if you're already on YouTube is at Covino and Rich FSR, follow for free and watch what you hear. I'm Steve Covino, that is Rich Davis. We got Danny g You no relation to Warren, but he is related to Kenny.
Speaker 1: I heard.
Speaker 2: We got Sam, we got Spot, we got Dan Byrn, we got you Fox Sports Radio Nation.
Speaker 1: Let's rock right. I'm a question.
Speaker 2: If you live in Seattle, Washington, and you run a business and one of your employees, says boss, I got tickets for today. You let your employee leave early, three o'clock start in Seattle, right, who you Abenezer scrooge them, Let them have some fun.
Speaker 1: It was the same thing in LA yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you let people play hockey.
Speaker 3: No different though with a Friday, though, Friday's cool, like, yeah, you know what, have a great weekend, enjoy it Yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's Thursday, say casual Friday.
Speaker 1: Out here in LA.
Speaker 2: I constantly wonder what do people do because it seems like you ever, no one has a problem going somewhere in the afternoon in Los Angeles. No, it's a different beast down here in LA. So live from the mean streets of LA. Again, we're Cavino and Rich and let's just get into it because we got brainwave coming up. Patented moves in sports, not in the bedroom. I don't want to hear about your bedroomantics, your patented sports moves. Because Mookie Betts pulled a Derek Jeter yesterday. And when we say Derek Jeter, we don't mean gift baskets. We mean we mean the throw. You mean the jump throw. So are there any other ones? I have a few I think we already mentioned the skyhook, the step back.
Speaker 1: How about the Dan Quisenberry submarine pitch? Right? Like, do you credit?
Speaker 2: I think as an eighties kid, if you're doing some sort of submarine pitches, that's Quisinberry. See I thought of reliever Jeff innis no way because over Quizsonberry. That's what I'm saying that it's debatable, like who owns it? Like maybe you're right Rich, but for me, that's what I think of. So I think it's still a patented move. All right, you know what, let's go to the phone calls. Let's take your feedback. Uh, patented move, patented place. Let's go to Kate and Reno. It's up, Kay, what's up?
Speaker 4: Fellas?
Speaker 5: Gotta say you guys are by far the best listen on Fox Sports Radio. Love listening to you.
Speaker 6: Guys every day.
Speaker 1: Hey, let's take thank you, Thank you, Kad. What's what's your move?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: What move comes to mind?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 5: I got one in a way different vein than the jeter or anything like that. But uh, and it's lost some of its luster now that they do four fingers up and you intentionally walk a guy. But when you would see a catcher stand up to intentionally walk someone. I would always think of Barry Bond when they would they would intentionally walk in with the bases loaded, remembering the home run derby. They pretended to intentionally walk him. Uh, that's kind of his patented thing, you know, more than anyone ever combined damn near.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I would feel like, did he have a move like where he just still did something I'm thinking more of like a physical move. But hey, Kay's a smart guy, loves our show. Thank you, buddy bean in Boise, what's up being.
Speaker 8: Hey guys, thanks for having me on long time, first time? What's up all echocage sentiments there in my afternoon drive wouldn't be the same without you, guys.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you. Thanks buddy.
Speaker 8: So I was never talented enough to pull this off because I had a hard enough time, you know, swinging the bat just in a normal way. But a lot of people in literally growing up would love to do the try out the Jeff Bagwell stance.
Speaker 1: Yeah they would.
Speaker 2: I mean I think stances alone is is it its own category?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 1: Like who did the first bat flip?
Speaker 2: That would be a good thought, Like who is the first guy to do a batflip first, Don't tell me it's Joey Batts.
Speaker 1: Don't tell me.
Speaker 9: Which wish batter? Do you guys think of who lifted his front leg the highest?
Speaker 1: Darryl? Yeah, Darrel's a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Darryl Strawberry had a really big leg kick with the stance. You know what, I'm thinking, it's got to be something that people have emulated since and you know they've been the first. Like all right, for instance, in the NFL, who do you credit for people high step? Is it prime time when you see some guys show bony starts high step?
Speaker 1: Been into the end? Zz Deon Sanders high stepping?
Speaker 2: You know. Speaking of side armed submarine pictures, how about side arm quarterbacks? I think when you see side arm quarterbacks, I think Mahomes like. I think he was one of the first guys that I've seen patented in such a way. But we'll get back to your phone calls and feedback.
Speaker 1: What about Dirk's fade away, the one legged fade away, Yes, that's a great one.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Speaking of basketball, I saw play that I've never seen before, and I'm sure it's not patented quite yet. I'm sure there's no name for it. But you know how they say wim Benyama grew two inches seven foot five.
Speaker 1: Now they're saying he might No, no, no, dude. He caught a rebound. Did you see this?
Speaker 2: Yes, he didn't even have to jump, caught the rebounddiculous and slammed. It was like the whim bam jam or something I've because I've never seen it. Jammy, Sammy, Jammy, because again he picture this, caught the rebound rich jam did what I even having to jump because didn't even have to jump high up. Yeah, so it's not patented yet, but I've never seen anyone else do that.
Speaker 1: Guy.
Speaker 2: Guys, I cheated. I looked up who it is, but I had to figure out who was the first person to spike a football because you give us a hint every you know, we don't know. We don't know them unless you know Homer Jones.
Speaker 1: That just Jones.
Speaker 9: That just reminded me. The first one to do the Lambeau leap. That was Leroy Butler right, Yes, yeah, I think Byron. Yes, it was against Danny's Raiders. I was there.
Speaker 3: My feet were frozen in the first quarter because I wanted to wear my Larry Johnson cons.
Speaker 9: That's not bad move for definitely a signature move. Thousands of players have done it since.
Speaker 1: That's great. I did not know that little fun fact.
Speaker 2: But Homer Jones, a wide receiver for the New York Giants in nineteen sixty five, caught a touchdown pass against the Eagles. Though his original intention was to throw the ball into the stands, it slipped. I've heard that, and then other people like you spiked the football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the first got to spike a football.
Speaker 2: Homer Jones a guy that would You would never get that if you know that you're coming to trivia.
Speaker 1: Do you think skyhook is like the maybe of of all?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 9: Right, I mean that's the number one we set on a bunch of the internet lists.
Speaker 1: It must be number one. What about dream shake?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, that's a good one he teaches by the way he teaches, like, yes, yes, that's his move this.
Speaker 1: How about the shake?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 9: A roll from the honky tongue man. I was also thinking that doesn't go dB. My grandpa used to talk about George Gervin's finger roll.
Speaker 1: Always could finger roll, And.
Speaker 9: Then other NBA players started copying that finger roll. I think Wilt Chamberlain started doing.
Speaker 2: I got one that that no one's gonna say, because what the tough shuffle, that's a that's a good one. But because they're they're usually positive. But anytime someone quits a game or quits in a fight, it's the Roberto Duran Moss, even though he claims that never happened and it's not what he said, it's sort of a patented thing that we associate with Roberto Durant.
Speaker 1: If you quit, no Moss. What about the Ricky with a snap catch?
Speaker 2: How many times do you, you know you were in high school or something you catch catch a fly ballat I'm sure he has another or you know, think you know, but that is definitely a Ricky Henderson thing when you snap that catch. All right back to the phones, you know, to think of the ninety nine. I'm just thinking of the things we all, we all did on the playground, Like thinking back to my childhood. Who did something where your coaches like, don't do that, you're not blank?
Speaker 1: You know, will you do that?
Speaker 3: You're not Dean Sanders. Don't high step Dan I got I got chewed out in freshman football because I high stepped down a sideline in practice.
Speaker 2: I wish we had video there I still remember to this day. But from the movie Major League, but also from real life. When a basket catch like a will he may, He's like, don't do that, get under the ball, two hands. Definitely a Panton move. All right, So again Jeters jump throw. We saw it in the playoffs, Bookie bets highest compliment. Right, let's say hi to Corey in South Dakota.
Speaker 1: What's up, Bud?
Speaker 8: Hey, what's going on? Thanks for having me on, No problem, man, what do you thank you? Hey?
Speaker 6: So I got too.
Speaker 8: I thought of another one while I was on hold there. But the backwards spinning hurdle, you can call it the backwards burtle.
Speaker 2: I don't know if anyone can ever do that again though. That's a one time doozy. But you know what, we'll always know that that was him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not sorry about that.
Speaker 8: They just can't do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was amazing.
Speaker 3: Whenever I see a guy quit mid game and leave the field with his shirt off, I'm like, they did they Antonio Brown?
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 2: Any other patented moves, all right, not so much moves, but there you gotta remember, there's got to be a first for all these things. Who was the first reliever to have a grandioso entrance. Wasn't Marianna Rivera with Enter Sandman? Or was there someone before? Was there someone before that Trevor Hoffins in the same timeline, but probably not. Who was the first guy who was like, hit the music they're coming in? Because I remember in the early eighties they talked about the Hulkster Rest in peace, Hulcamania. He got the idea of why don't we play music when I come down to the ring. And now when you see boxing wrestling all these entrances, these entrances are twenty five thirty minutes long, over the top. By the way, I know it's not one of the four major sports. But there was a diver I used to follow as a kid named Thornton Mellon, and he did something called the Triple Lindy, the Triple Lindy, and not a lot of people could pull that off the way he did.
Speaker 1: It was his patent to dive. By the way, say, were you just playing Brett the hit Man Heart? Nice entertainment?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: I thought that was I thought the it sounded like the beginning of Bretta hit Man Heart too.
Speaker 1: Ll Richie made me really quick.
Speaker 9: You made me think of when when you said coaches would say stop doing that, or kids would be like, I'm gonna practice this on the soccer field. Back in the day, I coached some kids and they would all try to shoot the ball and they're like, bend it like Beckham.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. Oh yeah. He even had a name for his signature. Let's wrap it up with Dave is in Missouri.
Speaker 6: Hey, Dave, Hey, what's up Missouri man?
Speaker 5: What up?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 6: I appreciate you guys. Think we're about the same age, so I love loss to your stuff. When I thought of this, I thought of the best going back to baseball defensive shortstop of all time. Ozzie Smith the Wizard.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Every time, every time I was saying with those backflips in the studio, I'm like, look at you, Ozzie, look at you.
Speaker 1: What are you the wizard?
Speaker 5: But it's but.
Speaker 6: It's not the backflip. It is when they would turn a double play, he would run across second base, jump up in the air, and throw it to first.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, he had inaction baseball cards with that move.
Speaker 2: Was he one of the first guys Because remember we all learned in high school when you turn a double play. You don't actually catch the ball like you almost catch it against your glove to do to be faster.
Speaker 1: I think Ozzie did that as well. He was so good. You know, we don't talk about him enough.
Speaker 2: Who was in the inside of your glove? I had a rawlings with the Ozzie Smith signature. I know there was the Robin Yount. Who did you have? You remember?
Speaker 1: I do? I had? It was a Jim Palmer. Actually, how old are you? There's some glove my uncle stole from like a sporting in good store.
Speaker 2: All right, hey, all the feedback is still coming and you can hit us up at coviing on Rich. Maybe we'll take a few more. But right now, hey, we're getting close to Sunday football. It's time for my big TV Game.
Speaker 1: Of the week. You should hear my fat up. I got an extra TV.
Speaker 2: The game game that I will have, Rich's Big TV Game of the Week.
Speaker 7: It's Rich's Big TV Game of the Week.
Speaker 1: Listen a spot laughing in that intro turns out being a consored segment. You big goon. Hey, my big TV game of the week.
Speaker 2: There's some goodies and I'll tell you what if you want to wake up early, Rams Jags, two good teams pooking the coup and not playing like Dan Bayer said, But I know dB and I are gonna be Trevor Lawrence Fans on Sunday. The Rams picking up an l in London wouldn't bother me too much.
Speaker 1: We'll see what happens there both four and too.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not alias at the sports bureau, but I can't remember a game overseas with two winning teams like this of importance. Usually it's a couple teams that you know they have good fan bases. But can you remember a game with significance?
Speaker 3: You know, a couple of years ago when they first started playing in Germany, the Seahawks and Buccaneers played a game, and then with Tom Brady, plus it was a little bit later, was in November. I do remember that. And then gosh, I thought there was a game like a year or two ago where we were like it was Chiefs Dolphins. I think in Germany when we were like.
Speaker 2: We went to Mexico City and it was Philip Rivers because I remember people saying Philip Berrio against the Chiefs and that was a good one. But a lot of times the international games don't bring I think this is gonna be a big game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, there's also previously like the better teams like that, like the Packers and Steelers, teams wouldn't want to play them overseas because they would lose the home gate if they were coming to towns. Why the Packers were the last team to play in Europe because any team that from the AFC always wanted the Green Bay fans to show up to their to their.
Speaker 1: Stays, no doubt.
Speaker 2: I so that game is on early, so that gets the big TV because well nothing else is on.
Speaker 1: Want to wake up at six thirty in the morning on the West coast, Cavino.
Speaker 2: If so, you got Rams, Jags, now the early slated games, Raiders Chiefs.
Speaker 1: Hey maybe the Raiders.
Speaker 2: Maybe the Raiders make a little noise, Danny g that's not the big TV game, but I know you'd watch that though. Max Crosby loves trying to a lot of talk of can they upset? Yeah, and they play They've always played them tough. And I know you love to see Max Crosby chasing around my home. I do one of your favorite past times the Dolphins, Browns. No thanks, Patriot should beat up on the Titans. But again, that's not a big TV game, right there? No Panther's Jets, No, no Saints at the Bears if you want to see Caleb Yeah, I guess so, which leaves the only game worthy? Maybe the big TV is Eagles at Vikings. Again, the early slate not great, but I'll go with that one. If I have to pick a game, I think I'm gonna say Eagles Vikings, just to see if the Eagles get back on track, if they win their five and two and sort of in control the Like I said, the NFC East again, but if the Vikings find the way in Minnesota, Skull, if they find a way to pull this one out, they have confused the NFC East in.
Speaker 1: A great way. I would love that.
Speaker 2: Imagine if and then the Giants find the way to win, and you know, Dallas isn't really out of it. I think that Minnesota beating the Eagles would be great for football.
Speaker 1: I agree with you, Rich.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's your big TV, so I'm not going to tell you what to put on, but I agree with you. I am interested though, in the Raiders Chiefs, just to see how that pans out. And you know, see if the Chiefs step it up and play like play like the Chiefs like they're supposed to play. But you're right, Eagles Minnesota. As far as the early games, that's the best game now in the Lake games. The Packers Cardinals, I mean Packers three to one and one.
Speaker 1: I feel like they've hardly played the ship. That a tie.
Speaker 2: They have the bye week already. That doesn't get the big TV, but that should be fun to check in on. Same with ooh, you know what, Commanders Cowboys. That's a check in on background game. Great divisional matchup, way better games in the later set, so you'll be doing a little hopping around. You'll have those on the on the quad box, the four screen. I might need your help here, Cavino. What are you putting on the big TV? I know it's my big TV game of the week, but I could defer to a friend once in a while.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, do you do you like the Colts against the Chargers? Dude?
Speaker 2: That's a matchup or we just said before, just the excitement see excitement of Dart and scataboo those against the Rugo, those of the two, I feel like, you know, one means more than the other. But like you said, you brought different implications into well, the Giants beat Denver that sort of changes things. That that changes the NFC West, it changes the I'm sorry, the AFC West and the NFC East. So yo, dude, personally. As far as excitement level, George, it's gotta be dartin Scata move and those two goons against the Broncos.
Speaker 1: You know, that's a true test to see what they could do.
Speaker 2: It really changes Long Nicks at home, they're seven and a half point favorites. I agree the Colts and the Chargers are the better. It's the better matchup. I don't think it's the more exciting game. That's how I feel about it. Giants program, Yeah, Giants, and then hey, if you guys want to come over, I'll I'll wader some food. Forty nine Ers Falcons Sunday Night Primetime. Yeah, Riches buying five twenty West Coast, eight twenty back East.
Speaker 1: You're already My pool is not ready? What about the hot hot tub soon, Sam, you'll be the first to go in it in your speed up. What about the swim up barbecue? Not yet?
Speaker 2: We're doing the backyard over again in the meantime, I'll order pizza. Thirty nine Ers, Falcons, Mac Jones getting the start, and again the Falcons are such a confusing teams. As the memes go, how could the same team lose to the Panthers thirty nothing and then go to Buffalo and beat the Bills. I'm sorry they wanted home against the Bills, but how do they beat the Bills but lose thirty nothing to the Panthers. So a real good litmus test. Also to see where are these Falcons?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Who are these? Who are you Falcons? Because are they? Falcons are? And you know what, when you say who are they, I'll tell you who they are. The Falcons are a team that's three and two with three pretty good wins.
Speaker 1: Oh you gotta stop beach on us. What you got to do?
Speaker 7: One close loss?
Speaker 2: That one thirty nothing loss against Carolina I think really mess with your perception of the Falcons.
Speaker 1: They might be better than you think.
Speaker 2: So I think we've got a really good Sunday night game Niners Falcons.
Speaker 1: Great weekend football.
Speaker 2: Yeah so again Eagles, Minnesota, UH, Giants Denver and then of course the late game Falcons forty nine Ers.
Speaker 1: Your big TV.
Speaker 2: Games of the week, Thanks again to tcl appreciate you. We're Cavino and Rich and we need some people to play our game. Yeah, brainwaite to win eight seven, seven, nine to nine on Fox. You got to see if you're on the same ridiculous wavelength as everyone here in the studio. It's multiple choice, it's fun, sports, music, entertainment. We go over all of it. A fun game. Will play next right here, Cove don't Rich. We got so much great feedback coming in at Covino and Rich. Now before we play our game, I just want to give like two quick shout outs. People chiming in, like DJL said, what about the Dan Marino fake spike when we talk about patented plays?
Speaker 1: What about shack swinging from the rim at his logo?
Speaker 2: His logo Cavino Bernie Cozard did that side arm throw once in a while, So you got to give him some love, you said, mahomes a lot of Tim Hardaway crossovers.
Speaker 1: Uh, the Ali shuffle in the ring, Oh that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Southside Chucks. That can also say the rope with dope. You associate that with Ali Cove southside chuck, said Pete Rose aka Charlie hustle with the head.
Speaker 1: First slide and dive. I was thinking of that one. Yeah, so that's a bunch around the same page.
Speaker 2: Hey, keep them coming at Covine on Rich and Big bed Rob? Is that Big rig Rob said, you guys will talking about who was signed the inside of your baseball glove? The Ozzie Smith? Did you have the Robin Youn? He goes, Did anyone else have the Rawlings Dale Murphy? That was another one back then? What is it now? Is there anyone in particular?
Speaker 1: No, I don't know. Yeah, the Ozzie Smith was famed.
Speaker 2: My daughter has the Jenny Finch, But I don't know if there's like a baseball one that stands out.
Speaker 3: What's up the Have you guys heard that Dale Murphy song? It got in my TikTok algorithm?
Speaker 1: Have you heard?
Speaker 3: I didn't know, Like, I'm like, how does this? And I figured out maybe because of baseball and I no, Murphy got the song kind of it's based on Dale Murphy. Yeah, it's called Dale Murphy. I think I heard the Eddie Murphy song.
Speaker 2: The Eddie Murphy song, I really party of the yeah now but now not the Dale Murphy want.
Speaker 1: I didn't Yeah, they chew it up for after the break, Sam, Yeah, del.
Speaker 3: Murphy got him Clever I think is his name. It just ended up in my TikTok algorithm.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: That's Dan Byer and we're all getting ready for our new game again. Covino and Rich live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. It's called Brainwave.
Speaker 7: Do Coveno and Rich really share the same brain?
Speaker 1: Rich chatting, Chadny Rave something, Sid Joe Demagic.
Speaker 7: You is their crew not far behind. We're one. Welcome to Brainwave. Try to make sense of the brain. It's easy.
Speaker 4: We dropped on sports, music and entertainment questions and if you match with enough of these bosums, you win.
Speaker 7: I love that. On the count of three reveal.
Speaker 1: Ways one to three. It pays to match your brain.
Speaker 9: All right, Happy Friday. The questions in this game are all subjective. You just need to try and match the brain of CNR and the crew. Right, We're gonna get our contestant in the studio lines right now. Then I'll explain Tony in organ.
Speaker 7: Tony Friday.
Speaker 1: That gets you, Tony? What do you do there in beautiful organ.
Speaker 8: Construction?
Speaker 1: Yeah, something with trees, waste management.
Speaker 9: Here's how the game. Here's how the game works. I have five rounds ready to go. Our contestant needs to win two of them to be the CHAMPI and walk away with the CNR neur Football. I'm going to ask a sports, music or entertainment question and then give three debatable answers to choose from the six of us in studio. Are going to write down our answers on dry erase boards for our YouTube channel, and Tony, that'll give you time to get your answer ready. Then on the counter of three, the caller shouts out his answer and we'll go around the studio to reveal ours. The training wheels are off, you guys. Are contestant is going to have to match four of us to win the round. So you got a bat six sixty seven or no matter the caller's answer, if all six of us in the studio happen to match, Tony will automatically win that round. All right, here we go Round one. We're gonna start with sports. We are Fox Sports Radio. Which name from the sports world have cn R said the most on the air in the past twelve months? Okay, Aaron Rodgers, Bill Belichick or Aaron Judge. All right, write your answers down, guys, all right, Tony, think about yours.
Speaker 2: Who we said the most in the past six months, past, twelve months.
Speaker 9: Twelve months? Okay, yeah, I got it, I got it. Think all right, everybody locked in, yep, locked in, Tony. We need your answer on the count of three, one two, three, all right, he says Belichick. We're gonna start with Covino reveal.
Speaker 2: I said Aaron Judge, Oh right, all right, then we go to Rich Sorry, buddy, I said Aaron Rodgers, all right, maybe today, all.
Speaker 1: Right, dB.
Speaker 3: I started to write J for Juan Soto before the options were given. The Jay was already there, so I went Judge.
Speaker 9: That means yeah, that means mathematically you're up. But for fun, what you write spotty? I wrote Aaron Rodgers, I wrote Rogers as well as I know you you hate him, daddy every time you.
Speaker 1: Bring it out.
Speaker 2: And I had Aaron Judge, all right, well, no one said Belichick. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean they're all great answers.
Speaker 2: And I don't blame you for Saint Belichick, Bud, because there's so much George Hudson news and so much Belichick stuff.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I don't know that wasn't my answer. All right, Tory still has such a for that story.
Speaker 10: Colvino said Aaron Judge nine hundred and thirty seven times in one show, arguing for his MV.
Speaker 9: That's yeah, that did add up. All right, next one, all right, here we go round two, so your board off. Here we go. We're gonna go to the entertainment category. Which celebrity would you be least likely to donate money to for a fundraiser? Oprah Winfrey, Brett Brett farv Man or Alyssa Milano. Oh you know what, Oprah, Brett Favre or Alyssa Milano.
Speaker 2: All right, I got it, okay, I got it locked all right, I am locked into our crew.
Speaker 1: Is good to go? All right, Tony, on the count of three, reveal your answer.
Speaker 5: One, two, three, Bretta?
Speaker 9: All right, he says Brett fav We're gonna go in reverse order this time. So Iowa, Sam, I said Brett farv alright, oh far nice?
Speaker 1: All right. I also said Brett Farvy.
Speaker 9: Guys, wow, that's two he needs two more, spotty boy, I also said Brett Farv dB I went off the map. I went, Oprah, don't worry Tony, because I said Brett farv too. We got a winner, I said, far to the record, I could paint it on oprah.
Speaker 1: Though I did.
Speaker 9: I did too, Tony. That means you are halfway to a CNR nerve football. Al all right, we go, we go round three. Now we're going to go back to sports.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 9: Let's say the offensive weapons are even. Which quarterback do you trust the most playoff game need a td to win? With one forty eight left on the clock, Patrick Mahomes, Baker Mayfield or Josh Allen. We're saying right now, right now, which quarterback do you trust the most playoff game you need a touchdown to win?
Speaker 1: A minute forty eight left on the clock.
Speaker 2: Oh man, hold on, I'm changing my answer. Yeah right, all right, I think it's easy answer. All right, got it locked?
Speaker 9: Okay, Tony, on the count of three, reveal yours one two three, Patrick, all right, we are going to start with a friend of Mahoe over there, Steve Cavino. Believe Mahomes proving it.
Speaker 2: Let's do it, Rich Davis, no diggity doubt Mahomess.
Speaker 9: All right, dB Mahomes, all right, spotty, I mean this Kurban Mahomes.
Speaker 1: I thought there would be.
Speaker 9: Right now, I'm watching Baker with all those comebacks.
Speaker 1: But Mahomes has done it over and over again years. Yeah, he's already proved and over all.
Speaker 9: Right, so you know you won the nerve football already, Tony.
Speaker 7: Let's do it.
Speaker 9: We'll do a bonus round and we'll we'll throw in a koozie. Seeing our koozie for you here. Let's go to music.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 9: Who was the more Who was the more influential rapper of the nineties? Tupac, Biggie or Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 1: Man, that's tough.
Speaker 9: A lot of debate on this online. Most influence, Yeah, more influential rapper of these three in the nineties, Tupac, Biggie or Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 1: You know what, it's a really good one.
Speaker 2: But if you think about it, so before you give your answer, Tony, really think about it.
Speaker 1: Are you guys all locked in? Yeah? Locked in? One, two, three? All right?
Speaker 9: He says Pac Samuel also said Tupac Boom. I also said Tupac is that easy?
Speaker 1: Spotty? I think it's I think.
Speaker 9: It's an East coast west coast thing. I went with Biggie, all right. I'm curious to hear what d D has to say.
Speaker 1: On this little do you know me?
Speaker 9: Tupac Shakur Wow, Rich Davis.
Speaker 2: Snoop Doo double g Wow, and Rich and I share a brain Wow. You know why because everybody on this was influential, but their lives were cut short. Snoop Dogg has generations decades of influence.
Speaker 1: This question was in the nineties. From the nineties till now, he's still influenced.
Speaker 9: You could argue that, but I think Tupac overall affected the world more in the nineties than just the left or west, west or right.
Speaker 2: I took it to acting and everything, so I get what you're saying for sure. But that was a great question.
Speaker 9: Tony, congratulations there, And Tom Oregon, we're gonna add you the mailing list for a ceeing our price package.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, gentlemen.
Speaker 8: Hey, can I have one more old man old man move?
Speaker 5: What do you go by?
Speaker 2: Got stolen?
Speaker 1: Right before I got on, I thought another one?
Speaker 5: Gaylord Perry with the pine tar on.
Speaker 8: On the pitches.
Speaker 2: Gaylord Perry with the pine tar. I was thinking, Uh, there's a bunch of other old guy moves. If you want to take more feedback. Next we could deal with the old guy moves and the patented moves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, thanks, but.
Speaker 2: Your phone calls and we got more Coveno and Rich again. We're living in the Fox Sports radio studio real quick. For over forty years, tire Rack has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Ship fast and free back by free Road has a protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation, tire rack dot Com the way tire buying should be. And we got Dan Byer on standby waiting just to say hi, he's got your update.
Speaker 7: What's up?
Speaker 3: Debate scoreless between the Mariners and Blue Jays in Game five of the America League Championship Series. Bottom of the second right now. You could see it on Fox Sports one as the best of seven series is tied up at two games apiece. Dodgers look for the sweep tonight against the Brewers in Game four of the NLCS. That's at eight thirty Eastern time on TBS. Jose Kintana pitches for Milwaukee. Sho hey Otani is on the mound for the Dodgers. He'll also bet leadoff for La Jackson Curio is in the lineup for Milwaukee. He's actually batting second tonight and playing left field in Game four after having to leave yesterday's Game three with an apparent hamstring issue. Some quarterbacking news in the NFL. Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray questionable to face the Packers on Sunday. He's got that foot injury that cost him last week against the Colts. Marvin Harrison Junior has been cleared by Arizona. He'll play against the Packers after getting through concussion protocol. Forty nine Ers quarterback Brock Party out against the Falcons, as is wide receiver Ricky Pearsall mac Jones to start under center again for San Francisco and JJ McCarthy is not ready yet for the Vikings. He'll be the emergency quarterback Sunday when they face the Eagles in Minneapolis. Carson Wentz to get another start for Minnesota. No Pukinnakua for the Rams out against the Jaguars in London. Cowboys will have CD Lamb, but want to have corner Trayvon Diggs, who is in concussion protocol following an incident at his home on Thursday. Commanders will be without Terry McLaurin and Deebo Samuel status is in question. The status of Bears running back DeAndre Swift and wide receiver Dj Moore while they're on their injury report. Guys, both are expected to play on Sunday. That was from the Bears. Raiders sign on Brock Bauers doubtful to go against the Chiefs. Jets wide receiver Garrett Wilson doubtful to play against the Panthers. Guys, back to you, No thanks.
Speaker 2: Dan Byron. Guys, coming out, We got weekend hob nobbin. What to watch in the world of sports and entertainment. Lots of football, lots of baseball, lots of good streaming stuff. And we'll do that next right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Today's Friday.
Speaker 2: All right, it is Friday, Today's Friday, and we're super pumped for the weekend. It's postseason, ghost season, and this Blue Jays Mariners game is exciting. Man Live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio, Cavino and Rich. Business fluctuations make running your manufacturing business complex, but staffing your business doesn't have to be. Let Express Employment Pros provide the workforce you need. Go to expresspros dot com find location near you. That's expresspros dot Com and now Friday, it's time for your Express Pros Pro of the Week.
Speaker 1: And we were debating that's Richards Billy.
Speaker 2: You're probably thinking it's Joey Flacco and we give them all the props in the world. We started off our show singing his praises, but it's not.
Speaker 1: It's Yamamoto.
Speaker 2: He's your Express Yeah, I know of the week, complete game, dominant and a big moment against the Brewers. First complete postseason game since twenty seventeen. Erlander did it, but I think it's the first and four for your dog piece. Yeah, so, I mean that was a stellar performance. But you know, poor Blake Snell's yelling at you through the speakers right now. I should have had a complete game two. Well, I think that's what he even made it cooler with those Yamamoto actually did it, and he pulled it off. I watched Game one more closely than Game two. Was Yamamoto as dominant as Snell was Game one. I feel like Blake Snell looked unhit upon the strikeouts on top.
Speaker 1: Now I'm taking you, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, your motor through a complete game, but you want to take it back and give it to snell Idell Yah yah Yamoto from the retro pro of the week from the rooftop. All right, yeah, so again we're at Covino and Rich if you agree or disagree or just want to say what's up. And we do this every Friday as well. It's called weekend hob noamyh Yeah.
Speaker 1: Live in for the weekend.
Speaker 4: You're winning bets for talking points. If you get stuck socializing, you ever done anything dangerous?
Speaker 1: You ever dance with the devil in the panel line?
Speaker 7: Friday brings us weekend hob No.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll kick it off Steve Cabino here. You know I'm a big fight fan. I'll watch any fight.
Speaker 2: I watch animals fight on YouTube, bugs fight, I watch bums fight.
Speaker 1: And I'll be wanting if you want to watch anything fight.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw a praying mantis eating bumblebees like little little bees, like like there were he's a popcorner in the movie theater preim mantons got they got ninja moves, man, they do like the h drunken Master technique. Fight Night, UFC Fight Night, Manyana de Ritter versus Allen. That's your middleweight about tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: And then you got.
Speaker 2: Holland versus mout that's your welterweight bout. So enjoy some UFC tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: I may have mentioned this, but.
Speaker 2: I'll say it again because it's not getting enough buzz. The Ozzy Osbourne docu Memory, you gotta watch it. I finally finished it this week. It's not a story of metal, It's it's a love story like Rocky. Rocky's not about boxing is a love story. When you see his relationship with Sharon, it's just heart wrenching, but still such a great story. It's called No Escape from Now. It's on Paramount Plus. And speaking of documentaries, the John Candy one is also great. That's on Amazon Prime. Is called I Like Me A True Treasure John Candy. Check that one out too, And then, of course rich Over promised it's the best show I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: That's our bonus show.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Episode one thirteen, we talk about the worst things about your forties, because last night was a battle of the not the ages, the old ages, Joey Flaccoll coming out on top.
Speaker 1: The worst thing about your forties.
Speaker 2: We give you some Halloween ideas, and of course they might be asked and richest picks richest picks on over promised. That's right here on our YouTube page, Covino and Rich FSR.
Speaker 1: You can watch it and enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, mom, and I tell you to watch anything other than Love Is Blind Season nine.
Speaker 1: It's been so good.
Speaker 2: New episodes October twenty second, Right, Yeah, so catch up on Love's Bond. If you need some trash in your life, that's that's fantastic. But you know what a lot of shows I've been catching up on, only Murders in the Building's been fantastic. Black Rabbit. If you haven't finished that, Danny g you said there's a new show to check out. Yes, I'm trying to remember what it was. Mark Ruffalo and the show Task on HBO Max.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's the one I knew. There was one that I have not been watching test He's a tortured FBI agent. And you know what show we talked about earlier this week.
Speaker 2: Then I'm a couple episodes into now and I don't know why no one's talking about it.
Speaker 1: Chat Powers, Glenn Powell.
Speaker 7: It's on Hulu.
Speaker 1: The Mannings are behind it.
Speaker 2: And if you want something that's very Kenny Powers, like Eastbound and Down, but football it's such a fun, easy watch, and I'm really shocked at more Pete. That's a high praise to say this is Danny McBride level Kenny Powers.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's no Stevie Fifth.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Really, it's the same vibe.
Speaker 2: It's similar enough, meaning like you know, screw up that you love in a way, right, Okay, So I think that's worth watching, all right.
Speaker 7: And anything else all the way down.
Speaker 1: I'm a plump.
Speaker 2: I think that a lot of football this weekend for me. Besides that, I'm not gonna I'm gonna chill. Maybe watch a little off. Dude, you have no chill. Let's be real, it's true. Any Halloween stuff, I only twenty years, I've never seen you chill. What is your favorite Halloween franchise? The Saw Movies, The Final Destinations, the Nightmare on Elm Streets, Peanuts, you know I hate Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown telling you watch Let's just Sleep hollow Man, it's the best.
Speaker 1: But as far as franchise, I like. I think I'm a Freddy Krueger guy. Yeah, I like Freddy. What's going on, buddy, There's even some great college football this weekend.
Speaker 9: For the first time this season five Ranked matchups in a weekend for week eight number five, Ole Miss at number nine, Georgia number eleven, Tennessee at number six, Alabama number ten, LSU at number seventeen, Vanderbilt number twenty, USC at number thirteen, Notre Dame and number twenty three, Utah at number fifteen.
Speaker 2: Why I saw Will Ferrell on the Dan Patrick Show. We'll have to funny message for Brady Quinn of two pros and a cup of Joe. That's a battle right there. That's that goes back Notre Dame USC. Notre Dame is rolling people right now. So right now, all dosey, that's got to be the one you're watching this weekend. Anything you want to add I with Sam or Spotty Boy, any other shows to watch?
Speaker 10: You know, I'm watching college football. So Saturday, Iowa's hosting Penn State three and three. Let's go we are Yeah we're not. And then I'll be coming over to your house Rich on Sunday. Thanks for the invite, man, Sam hurt.
Speaker 1: Free food.
Speaker 9: It's really taking me up on that hut, he said, the two magic words, free food.
Speaker 1: Let's great food. Sam, All right, meet you there, man.
Speaker 2: All right, well listen it's spotty unless you have anything to add. Anything at the theater.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what, I haven't even checked.
Speaker 2: I think at the theater we're all waiting for Wicked in November, meaning like the public sort of a downtime for movies in the trauma out. But I hear it's just but the soundtrack. The score was actually done by nine Inch Nails, So if you're a rock fan, you might want to check it out and support.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure the Dodgers will just be sitting around watching these shows.
Speaker 2: This weekend's after tonight, I can't imagine. I don't know, does the Brewers have any heart left? Do they try to not get swept or is it just like put them out of their misery in an hour out of Yeast Man Out of yeast Enjoy your hostseason and a reminder on Monday show, we'll be talking about it, not only baseball, but your NFL week seven things that made you go hmmm. So take some notes, make some observations, and we get you involved on Monday as we go over all the games. A well, Hey, have a great weekend, do a little decorating for Halloween, Enjoy all your kids sporting events. And like I said, lots of football, lots to watch, and of course Cavi don't point it out before over promised our bonus pod. I really implore you to check it out. All right, we'll right here on our YouTube page next week. Until that, I'll reave been there you baby, See you in a promise by Go Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Today's Friday.
Speaker 10: H m hm