Speaker 1: Welcome everybody. It is the KSR Pre Show. It is Friday, March twenty first. In this game day, I'm Shannon Shannon the Dude, being joined by Billy Rutledge and you can give us a call on the Clark's Pumping Shop phone line eight five nine two eight h twenty two eighty seven. It could be our Whiskey Thief call of the day. Give us a text at five h two two six five six six five six. The KSR Pre Show is always being brought to you by Italics Fine Italian Dining in Lexington. I am at our Airbnb, the Cream City Embassy. My co host Billy Utlige is in Lexington. Do you know why Milwaukee is the Cream City?
Speaker 2: Billy, no, no idea. I'm not going to even try to guess. Shannon, tell me more about Cream City.
Speaker 1: Well, it has to do with the color of bricks from the buildings, like in the I guess the developmental years of Milwaukee when they were you know, developing the city, a lot of the bricks on the building were kind of a cream colored. So when people would come into Milwaukee, they would see these cream colored bricks on these buildings that they called it the Cream City.
Speaker 2: It's not where my mind went, but thank you for that fact. This morning, it's a backwards hack type of day for me. It's time to lock in, Shannon. It's game day. You're right, I mean not only for the men tonight versus Troy, but the women who will play at noon today versus Liberty. So it's to take care of business type of day. Did you enjoy the first day of the NCAA tournament yesterday?
Speaker 1: I did you know? Yesterday was the first day that I can remember in a long time where I did not leave the house, stayed home the entire time. I watched all the games.
Speaker 2: Made all that drive And you didn't leave the house today.
Speaker 1: No, I'm interested. I mean that, to me is the perfect first day of the tournament. Right. You just sit there, you got the picture and picture and picture and picture where you got like all four games going on at the same time, and you order out some some pizza, which we did. And to me, that's the way you spend the first couple of days of the tournament.
Speaker 2: Well, I can't give you too heart of a time. I did the exact same thing, Shannon. I made sure to get all the emails, all the phone calls out of the way by about twelve fifteen, and then you know what, I ended up being a slob sitting on the couch a'll watching the games.
Speaker 1: But that's the Twitter, That's what it's all about. This was the best two days of the year. Now I've already been out this morning, Billy, look at this, I've already got me a call. So I got up this morning, I went for a mile walk, got me a coffee, and I'm ready to rock this morning. So I'm energized and and feeling excited about what's ahead today. I think we've got a lot of good games coming up. But of course Kentucky tonight against Troy. How are we feeling are we? I know we're excited. Is there may be a little bit of nervousness just because of what we've dealt with the last couple of years. We want to hear from you eight five nine two eight to ZHO twenty two eighty seven. Before we get into Kentucky and Troy, Billy, let's talk about some of the games. Yesterday, Louisville was the first team out of the tournament. And well, I mean, if you don't count the playing games, yeah, I'm not counting the playing games. Yeah, I'm talking about the first actual round, which was yesterday, and you know, Pat Kelsey gets teed up at a really bad time when Lois was trying to make a run. A fan ends up throwing a water bottle out on the floor. You hate to see it, right, You hate to see Louisville just go out in the first round in Lexington, which, by the way, they did have a good crowd there. I mean you could hear on TV like it was it was pretty much a home game for Lobboll fans. But they go out in the first round. Billy, if you listened to the the commentary after that water bottle was thrown out on the floor, I mean they shunned it for about five straight minutes. You would have thought somebody threw a butcher knife out there on the floor the way they were acting. But nonetheless, Lovell goes down in the first round.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right about the announcer reaction though, he was, I mean, he's like that guy should never be back at a game again. This is a disgrace. They Yeah, but you're right, very bad time for that technical to come for PK. People were saying online that the Dixie Highway finally came out in them, Shannon, And they spend enough time in Louisville, it might creep into you, into your system. So, uh, it was. It was a pretty good start to the tournament, There's no doubt, but that you know that that trend kind of continued. I mean, out of the sixteen games, twelve of them were decided by double digits, six of them by nineteen or more points. So, I mean besides like one or two games and a couple upsets that maybe we should have seen coming, like McNees over Clemson. Boy, you better just burn the bracket now, Shann. I mean that was your final four pick, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: That was That was the only game that I missed yesterday though I'm still in that was the only one. Only game that I missed was that one final four team. That was such a stupid pick. But here's the thing, man again, Like when you're picking a final four, I like to go out on a limb a little bit. So I've got Saint John's. I think that's a stretch to get to the Final four. Although it could happen. Clemson was a bad pick, I'll admit that. But I've still got three out of my four still alive. Billy, It's all good. I'm still gonna win the bracket challenge. Don't worry about it. You're still in third place. You're getting beat by not one grigs b but two Griggs be because even my dad has a better bracket than you after day one.
Speaker 2: Don't look at the bracket standings after day one. This is not what the contest is about. I'm gonna get more points when my all my one seeds come in, chan I mean my very boring bracket. Don't worry about it. I did pick Drake to make this Week sixteen, and they had a big win over Missouri, which, YEP, talk about disappointing for Missou and a couple SEC teams. Arkansas was not one of those, Shannon.
Speaker 1: No, that was a great game. But before we get to that, the SEC is four and three for anybody who's keeping the score at home, four and three in the tournament. Georgia got completely blown out against Gonzaga. I don't know what they were doing. They had like five points in the first ten minutes of the game. As you mentioned, Missouri loses to Drake. I think I had that in my bracket. I've got Drake in the sweet sixteen too, so you're not going to gain any ground on me if that happens. Of course, Texas was out in the first four, and then Auburn, A and m Tennessee all advance. But the game of the day, Billy was, without a doubt, Kansas and Arkansas. Razorbacks go up ten, they go up ten points that they blow the lead, they get down to Kansas, then they go on a seven zero run and cause three straight turnovers. And now we go on to Saturday. We get the game that everybody was talking about since selection Sunday. We get Patino versus Cali Perry and what you know, could be the last time these two ever face each other. So I know that that's gonna be one game that everybody's gonna have their eyes on on Saturday.
Speaker 2: And I'm glad it's coming into fruition. I was skeptical of it. Didn't think Cali Perry and Arkansas could get past Bill self, but the two Hall of Fame coaches traded four minute scoring droughts late in the second half, and it came down to the end, man, And I'm not gonna lie. I was I was a little happy for Cal. I'm glad he got it done. I feel like he feels a little vindicated after this one. Oh, because he got one tournament win. Because he got one tournament win. Yes, he's how silly that sounds. I think this has been a long time coming for him, and with a lot of injuries for Arkansas. I think he's he's proved some people wrong. I do want to give him his credit. I do also want to say goodbye to Hunter Dickinson. See a later, big fella. Don't want don't want to see you back in college basketball.
Speaker 1: Go get your chicken tenders at Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: Failure of a two years at Kansas for you, for you after you made that decision to leave for your school. But no that you're right. I think that was probably the game of the day. That was the game. I was locked in on Shannon the entire time. And now, like you said, we get a little Ricky p versus Cal, and clearly Rick's got the better team, right, I mean, this is there's no way cal Pe.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, hey, how many times have we heard it built for March. I think that's what happened last night with Arkansas's win. Now, here's the thing you mentioned, like, is Cali Perry vidicated? No, I mean he got one tournament win. I mean if that is now Cala Perry's standard, let's just win one game in the tournament, then man, how far he's falling off? But no, here's the scenario though, that I could see playing out Billy is Saturday when they play Arkansas, beats Rick Patino, and then he goes to the sweet sixteen. And you want to talk about a guy that's going to have a parade, that would be Cali Perry getting to the sweet sixteen after the couple of seasons that he's had here at Kentucky, and then to beat Rick Patino. You know, like, if there's another coach in college basketball that Cali Perry does not like from a rivalry standpoint, it's Rick Patino. I don't think there's anybody any other coach that he would want to beat, maybe other than Mark Pope in the tournament, than Rick Patino.
Speaker 2: And no, the feeling's mutual too, right. I don't belive archp is inviting cal Over for dinner. I believe they're maybe tied when it comes to head to head. So this would give the tiebreaker to the other. And that's what you want going into these twilight years of your career. It's been an amazing coaching job for Rick Patino, right, I feel like he's become a story of college basketball this year. But I mean, you could argue this may be one of Cal's best coaching jobs. To win a game in the NCAA Tournament. It was a bad Kansas team. You know, this was not a good Kansas team this year. But you can only beat who's in front of you. And now we get to do it all over again, right, just reloaded up. Let's get the quad box going again on YouTube TV. Except I've got a little bit more nerves today than I did yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yep. With the women's team playing today at noon, then the first game of the men's tournament is another SEC school. You got Mississippi State playing today, Vanderbilt plays later on today as well, and of course Kentucky tonight and taken on a Troy team. Billy, what do we know about Troy? First of all, I could tell you what I know. They went twenty three and ten overall, they're eleven and four in the American Athletic Conference. Good and they've beaten or they've gotten beat You're talking like who do they? Who have they played of significance? They got beat by twenty against Houston, twenty one against Oregon, all these games in November, by the way, and then I remember actually watching this game. So I have watched one Troy game this season, and just when they played Arkansas, and if you remember, Arkansas struggled against Troy early in the game. It ended up winning about sixteen. So like, if you look at like who has Troy played like that are power conference programs? Those are the three and they lost by basically an average of about eighteen points.
Speaker 2: Good show prep there, dude, Yeah, very nice. I you know, we know that Troy recruits players that eat at waffle house Shannon, as we learned from Jacob Polocheck that good players too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did do you think there's anything to that? By the way, like like there's a blue collar aspect to a guy who want to go eat at a waffle house, you know, where there's there's grease flying everywhere, there's a good chance of fight's gonna break out at any point. You got the touch tunes where you can go up and play some Patty loveless if you want to while you're waiting for your waffle to arrive. I mean, is there any truth to that? Is the like, if you go to a waffle house, you have that mentality, that blue collar mentality that maybe that translates to the way that you play on the floor.
Speaker 2: Well, how about the poise to like stay calm in a waffle house?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: I mean, if there's a lot going on, if the cook jumps the table to argue in the face of a customer, are you gonna how are you gonna react? So maybe the Troy coach is just putting his players into like game day situations where you're getting yelled at by fans or you've got to keep your cool. So I don't know, I do like it. I also think you got to see what they order to because it can't you know, can't be too off the wall there.
Speaker 1: Can you screw up a waffle house order? I mean, can you even screw that up?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you come in, you order like a peach waffle and a sprite or something, you know what a peach waffle?
Speaker 3: Back?
Speaker 1: Can they even they have a peach waffle? You know? I told you, like when I go to a waffle house. It's the same order every single time. I'm a believer in like when you go to a place like waffle house and you've found your your niche, you found like what you like? Why straight away from that, like you already know what you like, you get it every time. It's consistent. You get to watch it cooked right there in front of you, which always makes me feel better about my food, because you know, when you go out to eat, you never know what you're where that food came from. But at waffle house, I feel like I do know where it came from. I watched it go from the freezer to the skillet and the right to my plate.
Speaker 2: From farm to stove, shade from farm to table.
Speaker 1: That's right. I didn't watch them actually go out and get the eggs.
Speaker 2: But you're right, You're right. I'm picking all stars special every single time. I'm not. I'm not wavering. I might try your your order though, next time I go though with a little breakfast, Sammy, if.
Speaker 1: I told you the story, like you know, the only time I ever really go to a waffle house, it seems like when I'm in Panama City beach or drune in Panama City, beach, but I go to the same one every time when I'm down there, and it never fell. There's always this old guy. He does this. He does a really weird thing, but he's always there every time we go. You know, when I go out, I usually get a booth. But then of course you got the bar. Oh at waffle house popular And there's this sweet little old guy in Panama City Beach at this waffle house, which, by the way, there is like a waffle house every half mile in PCB, but the one I go to. This guy comes every morning that I've been there, and he wears a little fedora hat, like a little top hat, all right, and he sits there at the bar at waffle house by himself. He takes his hat off and he sits it down in front of him, and then he pulls out of his pocket a bag full of vitamins like pills, and he takes his pills one by one and he sits them in the little crease in the top of his fedora hat. All right, So I'll get a picture of this old man sitting there. He's taking his vitamins out and he's dumping them out on top of his hat. And then when he gets them all poured out, he gets his coffee, and he takes the vitamins out of the hat one at a time. He's got vitamin Hat hat vitamins that he takes every morning. I've never seen anything quite like that but that. But that is the type of behavior that you will see at a waffle house. It's just kind of a strange, bizarre place where there's always weird things happening.
Speaker 2: So he doesn't have the Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Put your pill in this slot so you know when.
Speaker 1: To take it. He just know.
Speaker 2: He puts it in his hat, puts it in a bag, and then puts it on top of his hat, and now he knows what he needs to take. That's the kind of behavior I expect the waffle house. You're just gonna see some some craziness. And that's why you know, players have to show poise when they're at the waffle house. A couple things more things on Troy. I know they're a good offensive rebounding team and they're pretty good defensively, So those are two things that could cause Kentucky some issues. But overall, I mean, you have a more talented roster. You went and got a guy like Lamont Butler who has a ton of NCAA tournament experience to be ready for a moment like this, Shannon, I mean, I don't expect these guys to walk out there and pee down their leg. I feel like they will be ready for this moment, don't you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, absolutely. You know you got some some tournament experience on the TEA team. And I think that, you know, this team yesterday at the practice looked relaxed. I don't think there was a sense of tightness or you know, nervousness at all. And we'll see what happens today when we go to tip it off tonight. But but yeah, I feel good about this this game tonight. Also throwing the fact that Troy is just not a good three point shooting team, and I think that's how you beat Kentucky. You know, you look at Alabama, a team that can put up a lot of points, that can shoot the three really well. If I see that I'm playing my opponent who is three hundred and thirty ninth in college basketball and shooting the three, that makes me feel confident that Kentucky's going to get the win tonight.
Speaker 2: Well, somebody usually just kind of lights it up against the Cats when they need to most Normally that happens at rup are you. I guess that makes you a little bit easier that somebody won't do that today if they're one of the worst shooting teams in the country.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, all these teams that are in the tournament now deserve it, right whether they got with it at large bit or they won their conference. I mean, these are all deserving teams and good opponents at this point. So no team is a slouch. But I'm hoping that Mark Pope has this team ready to go and then we can celebrate his first NCAA Tournament victory tonight on a on a fun postgame show.
Speaker 1: We'll talk a little bit about the practice yesterday that they had here in Milwaukee, and of course we'll break down more of the game and take your calls as well. Eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. We want to hear from you. What are you feeling? Are you Are you nervous about this game today? I know you're excited, but we want to hear from you. Eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. I'm in Milwaukee, Billy Is and Lexington and will be right back. It is the Ksrpre Show. Welcome back to the KSR Pre Show eight five, nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. We got the lines loaded and we'll go to them in just a minute. Before we do, let me tell you that the segment is sponsored by our friends at Draftking Sportsbook. Sign up right now promo code KSR. Bet five dollars, get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. You can do same game parlays, live betting player props. It's all there for you with DraftKings and another great day for college basketball and another great day to string together your parlay as you can do it on Draftings Promo code KSR. If you have a gambling problem, call one eight hundred Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. Eligibility restrictions apply new customers only. Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources, see DKNG dot co slash audio here on the table, Billy, there is there's some anti frizz moose. I know you're a hair product guy. Do you ever put a little moose in your hair.
Speaker 2: No, no, never, I don't. I don't have the moose, but I would. I'd be happy to indulge. Maybe give that to Ryan Lemon, see if that helps.
Speaker 1: His Well, here's the thing, here's what I was trying to figure out. I don't think, you know, we have to narrow the suspects down too far or you know, I don't know. It would be hard to figure this out. Who do you think in the house is using anti frizz moose. It's not me. I'm gonna say it's not Ryan Lemon. He doesn't have enough hair on that head to worry about if it's frizz doubt or not. So it's not me, it's not Ryan, it's not Matt. And it then comes down to either Drew or Mario. And I don't think that Drew. I think he wears a baseball hat most of the time, so I don't think it's tempt So I'm gonna say this is Mario's antis. You think I should throw a little uh anti frizz moose in my hair? I've got straight hair. I've got My hair does not frizz out at all. It's just completely straight after the haircut.
Speaker 2: Issue that we had at the what was it the Don Franklin remote, We did that one time, Shannon, we should keep moose on.
Speaker 1: You at all, you think, so maybe just throw throw a little product in there.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah, yeah, you know, sometimes you don't even have to take a shower. You can just use this like new like spray shampoo. I don't know if it's new, Shannon.
Speaker 1: Is it dry shampoo?
Speaker 2: Yeah, dry shampoo?
Speaker 1: Yeah. So you just spray that in and then you don't It's for people who are I guess, too lazy to get a shower. They just spray a little dry shampoo in there and they're good to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess. Or maybe you're you're kind of going back and forth from the beach and your your PCB condo that you've rented out for the week, So who knows, uh, Shanna, I do want to give some credit to one good game yesterday before we get to the phones and that Michigan You see San Diego. Yeah, I'm sure you watched most of the games yesterday, but that was a close one, right, I mean, came down to the end. I think many expected that to be an upset, but Dusty May gets it done so hoping for more games to be as close as Michigan versus San Diego was yesterday.
Speaker 1: Did you know they were the Tritons. I didn't you see San Diego Tritons.
Speaker 2: I learned something new every time these.
Speaker 1: I thought them. Maybe I picked you know what? Okay, I said, I had only one wrong pick. Okay, I did have the Tritons to beat Michigan, so I got two. I missed two games yesterday, including a really bad UH pick for Clemson to win eight five nine twenty two eighty seven. We got the phones loaded up, so let's go to them. Let's talk to Peanuts. What's up, Peanut? Hey, Peanut, what's up?
Speaker 4: Not loot that much?
Speaker 5: I'm excited not to there. I'm brying a cat fight at night and only I'm at work watching the markt tlving the half on my phone. But I'm glad to be able to be home to watch it. But I was, I was, I'm not going to get to go tomorrow.
Speaker 1: What is going on there, Peanuts? They always sounds like you're in the middle of a drag race or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well that that was. That was some hot head on the crack trocket just going down the road. Okay, so, but I'm uh, I'm cutting bus. But anyway, I went twelve and four in my bracket, so it's not too bad. Uh. One more thing, I eat the same thing at Wowse Now I ate the exact same thing every time I get Chinese, I get the General.
Speaker 1: So I'm with you, man, you sound like you've got the exact same order out. It's the same thing I do. Give me the General. Sos. Is there anything better other than maybe some sushi at a Chinese restaurant than General? So's it's it's it's the spot every time. No pigs for the coffeanut. We appreciate it. Eight five nine two, eight oh twenty two eighty seven. Yesterday, Billy, the Kentucky team practiced, and did you see this? Mark Pope asked everybody there to be completely silent for like five straight minutes while his team practiced free throws. He said, he wants them to, you know, have a little bit of time to just only focus on shooting free throws. He says, there's too much, you know, noise, too much clutter. Everybody's on their phones constantly throughout the day. So he made everybody in the arena silent while they practiced their free throws. Do you like that? Do you think there's some something to that? Or I mean, here's my thing, Like, when you get into the game, you can't ask the crowd to be completely silent. So I don't know. If if I weer a practice, I'd say everybody be as loud as you can. But Mark Pope asked for silence yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not gonna be a home game, so I mean there are gonna be people cheering during the free throw attempts. I like you went back and tried to find the explanation of why he was doing this. In a world of social media in video games, to give these guys a few minutes of silence is an interesting concept. That doesn't mean it's not okay when Mark Pope goes on the mic and tells everybody to stop talking or the next I guess five to ten minutes or so where there is just nothing but basketball is bouncing, and I guess some dodgy looks for media members and people courtside. Now you said he didn't leave the house yesterday. Didn't know that and the guys were they in attendance for the they weren't in the media picture, Shannon, But were they there for the silence?
Speaker 1: I think they actually were there in the media picture, but I think they got cut off somehow. So man, maybe there was so much so many media members, which, by the way, you and I were talking before we came on the air today. Do you think Calipari would have done something like that, like, Hey, everybody, let's get all the media members together, Let's have a group hug and commemorate this moment right now by taking a picture with everybody.
Speaker 2: A strong one thousand percent. No, he would not do that. But I believe Mark has said throughout the season that he recognizes how important the media is to telling our story, and so, you know, at times, I'm sure he's worked a little bit more than cal had with the media. But hey, Matt, come on over here and getting this picture. Cal even last year saying something like that, keep dreaming.
Speaker 1: I'll try to remain I'll try to remain silent. Tonight during the games when Kentucky's at the free throw line, I don't want to get escorted out.
Speaker 2: He was plea he was.
Speaker 1: Threatening anybody who made a peep at the practice during the free throw round that if anybody was loud, they were gonna get tossed out of the arena. So I'll try to be quiet tonight eight twenty two eighty seven. We're gonna take more of your phone calls. Coming up next. I am in Milwaukee and Billy is in Lexington, and we'll be right back here on the KSR pre Show. It is the KSR Pre Show eight five nine two A twenty two eighty seven, live in Milwaukee at the Cream City Embassy. Billy, our DoorDash just showed up? Are you a big door dash guy? I don't think I have ever doordashed in my entire life before at all, at any point. You've never doordashed? Never, No, like this morning. I guess I could have door dashed a Starbucks coffee. But what did I do? I got up and I walked a mile to go get it and came back.
Speaker 2: Well, I've you know, I've definitely done it in the past. There's been some hungover Sunday mornings where I just needed a HOI delivered to meet.
Speaker 1: But I mean, you couldn't. You couldn't will yourself to get out of bed and go get it yourself.
Speaker 2: No, not that day now, I'm not like door Dash and batteries for my spoke for your smoke alarm. Yeah, or you know, like a screwdriver. But you know, I have known to dabble. Are you alluding to the door dash news from yesterday? Because there was some big news?
Speaker 1: No, what's the door Dash? Okay?
Speaker 2: See, I have this pulled up. I wanted to bring it up this segment. We had no idea that you were gonna bring that up. Door Dash partnered with a company called Clarina, and so in the future, customers can soon expect to pay for door Dash via full payments like normal, or you can have interest free installments or deferred options aligned with payday schedules. So now, Shannon, you can order door Dash and elect to pay later. Really okay, let's so just put it on credit then, exactly? So I saw, could you not do that already? Like when you again, I don't know anything about door Dash, but you have to pay immediately. It immediately comes out of your account at that point.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's not that hard. I mean, then and then you decide what you want to tip after the delivery driver leaves. But now it sounds like you can put your door Dash order on Layoway Shannon, Like you could just you could make injest free payments on the twelve dollars taco bell order that you had last Wednesday night. So I saw a bunch of memes on the Internet of the finance guy, the guy that would play after KSR on talk radio tanity. Is it Dave Ramsey?
Speaker 1: Dave Ramsey, that's right, Rice and beans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like people call it into the Dave Ramsey Show and he's like, so you've got twelve thousand dollars in door dash debt that you still haven't paid off yet, And I mean, like, how crazy is that that you can do interest free payments on fast food delivery to your house.
Speaker 1: It sounds like a good way to get in debt and then you will be calling the Dave Ramsey Show after after KSR. So, like, what is the limit of things that you can get? Like, can I order like literally anything on door Dash? I mean, I obviously you can get batteries, you can get a I guess a screwdriver if you need one from door dash, Like, what what are the restrictions? I'm sure, I'm sure it's not like anything, but like, is there like some sort of restriction on the things that you can get.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't think every store and every product is available on the door dash app. But Shannon, you get into the special instructions and then you say, hey, you know, stop at McDonald's and get a chocolate fudge Sunday after you my taco bell order right right, and then maybe you even tip a little bit more, so you know, either soundaries or listen to that.
Speaker 1: No, I guess what I'm asking. I guess what I'm asking is like, let's say I need a buzz saw. Can I get on door Dash and go, hey, I need you to go to home depot and get me a buzz saw and bring it to my house, Like willy will they do something like that? Because if so, that's pretty incredible.
Speaker 2: Now, like the danger level of things, you know, I'm not sure. Yeah, sure, driver to pick up ten.
Speaker 1: Matt says yes. Yes, he says yes, because that knows all about buzz saws. I'm sure he knows how to operate one too.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think I think there is a pretty wide array of things that you can get. I mean, there is a limit, but yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe maybe I need to jump into the world and like you know that the modern day world of door dash and excell, people.
Speaker 2: Don't even go shop anymore, Shannon. You can just get it all delivered to your house.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I just feel like I like to go do my own grocery shop. And I know there's some people that do the Kroger thing, like where you just pull up, like you order online. You pull up, there's like a little lane you pull up and then somebody does the shopping for you and just puts it in your trunk. And you know that that sounds hassle free. But I don't know, I kind of like going out and getting it myself. I guess I'm just I'm old school, I guess when it comes to that.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Twenty two eighty seven, before we go to the phones, the UK women's team will be playing today first round against Liberty at noon. So that is that going to you say, preempt the final fifteen minutes of KSR on w LAP and WKRD.
Speaker 2: Correct, Yes, only on those two stations KRD and WLAP. CaSR will still be playing, and many of the same stations, including the Somerset station that we direct many people to. But yeah, we will miss the final. About fifteen minutes with the start of the women's basketball pregame show with Darren Hedrick as Kentucky gets ready to take on Liberty, and how do you feel about this one?
Speaker 1: Channe?
Speaker 2: We were talking about Troy a little bit, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somebody was asking yesterday, I'd really didn't have a whole lot of time to look at the women's bracket and fill out my bracket. I've got to going too the sweet sixteen, where they're going to be playing against a very good USC team twenty nine and three. That's the one seed out of their brackets. So I think a run to the sweet sixteen is very possible for the women's team.
Speaker 2: Well, Liberty right now, they're on eleven game wins streak. They've scored over one hundred points twice this year. They put up ninety three on Tennessee in a losing effort. So look, this is a team that if you have some mental lapses, maybe you're a little nervous going into the game, they can take advantage and score some points. So Kenny Brooks, Kentucky is going to have to show a sense of urgency, one that they did not show in the sec tournament game versus Oklahoma. But you know, with the awards coming in second Team ap All American for Georgia, Kenny Brooks being Coach of the Year by the Sporting News, I mean, I believe these guys will show up ready to play today.
Speaker 1: Did you see Kenny Brooks and Kentucky putting out their excused absence letter for anyone that.
Speaker 2: No I haven't seen, like a price to give to your employers.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, Like, hey, Kenny brook says that I need to stay home and watch this game, or better yet, go to the game if you can and support the UK women's team two eighty seven. Let's go to the phones. Let's go to Brady. What's up, Brady?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 1: Hey, what's up? Brady?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I just wanted to say that you there's a Pyson milwakee. It's the Iron Horse Hotel right across from the Highway Davidson Museum and the best restaurant I've ever been.
Speaker 1: To, Iron Horse Hotel. All right, I will put that on the list. We haven't made it to the Shaker's Cigar Bar yet either. Like I said yesterday, I didn't even leave the house. So after Kentucky wins today, we got We got a lot to do tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Absolutely a one more thing. So I'm in a drawing where sixteen guys we put in fifty bucks, we draw a team from each region. I got really lucky and I drew Duke and Florida. Shit is a way? Or should I hedge my bet on Draft Kings to make sure I win money in this seal?
Speaker 1: So you're saying on DraftKings, just pick? How would you head your bet on this? Explain?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: I think you can like favorites. Can't you bet like the field against two favorites?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, So you're saying take the field again. Yeah, okay, yeah, that makes sense. I would do that. Sure. That way you're guaranteed some money one way, maybe two of the three I've got.
Speaker 4: The two best teams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I would. I would totally do that. Thanks for the call. We appreciate it. The Iron Horse Hotel, he says Billy. Now, speaking of hotels, you know we talked yesterday, yesterday about where all the teams are staying. Did you see Kentucky's boutique hotel, the Saint Kate, You know, my hotel talked about it.
Speaker 2: I never saw a picture of it, but you need to look it up in the leopard print sheets and what else was going on there.
Speaker 1: There was a lot going on. I mean, it's an art hotel, so you can you can throw it into Google and take a look at it yourself. But it's a it. I guess, like if you remember, like when we stayed at the Boutique Hotel a few years ago, and like every room was a little bit of a different theme, right, I think that's kind of what's going on there. Like there was the quilt room, and then there was the needle room, and then there was a room that had a bunch of dolls in it. I don't know. I don't know that the Saint Kate Art Hotel has that going on. But there was like leopard print in the picture, like on the on the floor. There was just a lot going on there. And I don't know, I don't know that. I like that vibe for the team stay in there right before the game. I need them to stay at like you know, the place that's a little gritty to get them ready for the game.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm looking at the photos now, Wow, that is a lot of leopard print. I did not expect that much leopard print and then the design on the ceiling to make you feel like you're in You're in a Crampton space, Shannon. I would hate to stay in a room like that. My god. I mean they got more a normal room, Shannon. You don't think, but.
Speaker 1: That's my thing. Like, how are you gonna get a good night's Russ when you got lava lamps and like, uh, you know, mirrors on the ceiling. There's a lot happening there are.
Speaker 2: That is straight out of the seventies. It feels like, uh, well, that's why you got Lamant Butler. Right, he's been in these these situations before. You could tell the team to not let the leopard print distract them. They've got bigger goals on their mind.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Larry from Paducah. Hey, Larry, Oh, Larry's gone. Sorry, Andrew, Let's go to Andrew.
Speaker 3: Hey Andrew, Hey, guys, good morning. If you means ago you all were talking about the delivery thing, I personally think the Dominoes just just calling Dominoes. I think Dominos is a great delivery service if you're ever lazy and don't want to go out to get this food. But as far as tonight's listen, guys, I'm already nervous, and I hope we can get this win at least. I'm really hoping for two wins. And this this team has been such a joint. We've had so many, so many breaks victories be Tennessee, we've beat Gonzaga, we've beat du and guys, we need to go out with a bang. We need to at least win two games. Go cats. Jesus loves you, y'all have a great day.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks for the call, Thank you, And yeah, Billy, I think you know, first of all, you just let's just get this win today and then we'll see. You know, it's either Illinois or Xavier at that point. But you know that the criticism when they hired, when Kentucky hiring Mark Pope was you know, you're hiring a guy who hasn't won an NCAA tournament game. Let's get this win today. Then nobody can say that anymore. Just get the you know, proverbial monkey offer back and at the first win, and then we'll see what happens on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Don't want Arkansas going farther in the tournament than Kentucky either, so we need to keep that status quo up. I'm sorry I didn't hear much of his call because after he said Domino's delivery driver, I kind of blacked out. That was almost once my job back in there. Oh, really, you were almost a Domino's delivery guy. I was going to stores seeing who was hiring, trying to pick up a second job working in radio as a part time producer back in the day out of college, and then I decided to start my own business instead of being a Domino's delivery driver. But I had already looked into it, Shannon, I was thinking about putting the sign on top of the dodged charger. Well, I guess it was the black HONDESSI at that point, But yeah, I was looking into it to see if did you ever have ever delivered anything like that, Shannon anything?
Speaker 1: No, No, I haven't.
Speaker 2: Ever worked in the fast food industry, or.
Speaker 1: For not in fast food. I remember I told you that for three months I was an outback steakhouse server, and I was the absolute worst server that ever served. And that's why I say that everybody should have that job, at least for a short amount of time, just to have an appreciation for how hard that job actually is, and there's people that are really good at it. I'm always amazed, Like when you go out and you get like five people with you and you give an order and they don't write anything down. Oh yeah, and how in the world do you remember that? Like when I was a server, I had to write everything down just because I would forget it that the second I walked away from the table. So I have a lot of respect for people who can remember like huge orders and not write one thing down and always get it right.
Speaker 2: This was another tough thing you did in that job, Shannon. Were you just serving or did they have you in the back cleaning dishes?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no no. But I mean, look, just trying to take care of three or four tables alone, and I see some of these servers they've got an entire bar section on their own. Yea, you know there's like ten tables, twelve tables. I'm going, how in the world does one person, you know, balanced trying to keep everybody happy and then.
Speaker 2: You got to bed and then you don't get a tip.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's crazy. Eight I'm not too eight twenty two eighty seven. We're going to take a break. We'll be right back. It's our final segment of the KSR pre show. KSR is up next, Welcome Back. It is the final segment of the KSR pre Show Shannon the Dude Billy Rutledge. The segment sponsored by the book I Am Hope. You know, addiction has hit Kentucky harder than anywhere, but there is hope. And it's a book called I Am Hope, Growing Up with an Addict by Steven Hope, who is a Kentucky native. It's a true story and a great resource to help break the cycle of addiction. And it's meant to share what it's like growing up in the home with an addict and how it affects you for a lifetime. And his goal is to share his experience and to help prepare others who are or were in a similar situation and showing them what to expect moving forward, how he felt in certain moments, and what has enabled him to keep going. So I encourage you that if you're in a similar situation, check that out. The book is I Am Hope. He wants you to know that you're not alone and a great resource for anybody who is dealing with substance abuse. You can find it on Apple or on Amazon is called I Am Hope Billy. Just a few minutes ago, Ryan walked in here with his shirt of the day. You know, he's always got a free T shirt that he's wearing each day. Yesterday was the Trey Mitchell Williams shirt with the silhouette of Ryan Lemon, which I didn't quite understand. But the one he's got on today is the one that's got the like the kind of caricatures of all five of us on the show, including you. And it was the one that we got at the Kentucky Blood Center, right, and that was the day where you were trying to give blood but your your beta veins had no blood to give that day. It's one of my favorite moments of the of the KSR pre show that we've done in years.
Speaker 2: What that's one of your favorite moments all time of the problem I.
Speaker 1: Thought that was. It was Oh my god. I mean we were able to heckle you for for weeks after that.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, what's new? I mean we could just we can go off anything I say during a show and go a couple of weeks on it. But yeah, that was that Kentucky branded we had the Kentucky Blood Center come out. They were doing a contest between I believe another fan base. I wanted to do my part, Shannon. The problem was I had not drinking any water that morning and I had nothing but coffee. So when they tried to pull my blood out of my body, they couldn't get it out. So we tried both arms. Neither worked, and.
Speaker 1: I broth arms, both legs, even stuck a needle in your neck and couldn't get any blood to come out of there.
Speaker 2: Like, but I do always remember coming back into Kentucky Branded with both of my arms bandaged at the elbow so you can't bend them right, And then I go up to you guys like I couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: You walked out of there looking like a mummy. You're all wrapped up and still no blood.
Speaker 2: But you know, I redeem myself and went back to the Kentucky Blood Center and gave blood, and so I will happily do that. I just know you got to be a little hydrated to give blood.
Speaker 1: Sh How cool is it that Mark Pope is actually following through on his word and giving fans gas money. We've seen the screenshots of people emailing I guess offices at Kentucky and he's you know, to his credit, he's been good on his word. Actually then mowing fans money to get here to Milwaukee for the game.
Speaker 2: No, it's a great move. I love it. I think it'll be something that we remember for a while. You know, well remember Mark Pope's first season for many reasons, but one of them might be you know that he bought everybody ice cream and bought gas for people so they can go down watch the game. He I mean, he gets it and that's the connection of this fan base that we love that he has. But I don't know if like his pocketbook loves it, Shannon, I don't imagine that would be.
Speaker 1: I think his wife approves of that, like, hey, you're getting away all over money. What are you doing?
Speaker 2: No? No, but they've got enough, right, I mean, he had an NBA career for a while.
Speaker 1: I just think it's really cool. I think it's really cool that. I mean, I've never heard of another coach ever doing that, and you know, he may never do it again, but it's really cool for this moment today. So the other kind of I guess note that came out of practice. Kirk Crees was asked about his future at Kentucky kind of gave a very vague answer. I would just say that, you know, you probably shouldn't expect him to be back next year. I mean, if he is, great, but I wouldn't be shocked if he's not back.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I appreciate him opening up about that. I'm sure that's not easy because you want to focus on your team winning, but you can't help but think, being a human, what are you going to do next? And in an era of the transfer portal, it's more than likely he probably leaves, especially if you're looking to bring in young, talented freshmen. One takeaway I had from the March madness yesterday, Shannon, it's how bad is the acc oh? Clems losing? Lovill losing like that?
Speaker 1: Well? North Carolina won their first game, though, so I guess you know that's you know, I'm not giving them even though they don't even belong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were just in the first four. So we'll see how it turns out today, but not a great showing for the ACE.
Speaker 1: Let's quickly go through some of the games today. Kentucky's eleven and a half point favorite. You feel good about eleven and a half. No, but I I know you don't. Okay, New Mexico and Marquette.
Speaker 2: Oh, I picked New Mexico in this one. Give me a little Patino action.
Speaker 1: We've got Florida Norfolk State. Florida's a twenty eight and a half point favorite.
Speaker 2: Twenty eight. I'm still taking Florida. That's my national championship team. Let's keep going.
Speaker 1: Maryland and Grand Canyon, Maryland a ten and a half point favorite.
Speaker 2: I hope it's closer than that, but I think i'd take Maryland on this one.
Speaker 1: Dude, old Miss North Carolina, Old Miss is see North Carolina is actually the favorite in this one. One and a half point favorite?
Speaker 2: Is that right away? I'm taking North Carolina after I just trashed the acc So give me.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, man, give me Old Miss on that one. Vandy See Saint Mary's is a four and a half point favorite. I would take. I hate to say it, but I would take I would take Saint Mary's all day on that one. Let's see Duke is a thirty two and a half point favorite. Anyway that mount Saint Mary's keeps it within thirty two and a half. Of course, they can keep it within thirty two. It'd be a bit of a pipe dream to win against this duke team.
Speaker 2: But thirty two. That's a lot, man, that's it's a ton of.
Speaker 1: Points, all right. We're running out of time. We can't get through all of them. I didn't I didn't time this segment out perfectly. Uh draft Kings Sports but promo CODEKSR bet five dollars, get two hundred and bonus bets if you have a gambling problem called one ing one hundred gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only, oh it twenty restrictions apply and new customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. It's traditional terms. Responsible Gamer Resources, DKNNG dot Co, slash Audio. That's gonna do it for the pre show. KSR is coming up next and we will talk to you then for Billy Rent, Ledum, Shannon the Dude. It's been the KSR. Appreciow thanks for listening.