Speaker 1: Brooklyn Boys Podcast.
Speaker 2: Reactions.
Speaker 1: This podcast all depends on you baby free test.
Speaker 3: And it is slice time for Brooklyn Boys episode number two ninety four. I'm Scary Jones. That's David Brody. This is the companion podcast to the Brooklyn Boys Podcast. If you're just tuning in for the first time. Oh, if you just finally got that notification, if you listen to the iHeartRadio app that you haven't gotten in months, Hi, we're still here.
Speaker 1: Yep, we fought the good fight and got them fixed it. Finally you're getting this notification.
Speaker 3: But you don't get a notification there's probably a new episode anyway. I've wondered that all the you know, I've always wondered that, like since you were a kid, since you were girl. I just it's crazy because people, so you know, if it's like out of sight, out of mind. If if we don't remind you to listen, like tap you on the shoulder, there's a new episode, do not come finding new episodes? I guess it's because you know, streaming, you don't get an alert necessarily that there's a new episode.
Speaker 1: Do you go binge fifteen episodes? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right, you don't always remember that there's a new episode every Wednesday, even when, like before DVRs, what'd you do? You had to like remind yourself, Oh shit, tonight's Wednesday. I gotta watch whatever. You didn't get a reminder on your phone back in the eighties, you didn't, And then DVRs. After you got a DVR, you're like you never had to worry about when something was on again because the DVR would just tape it. Just let me see what new episodes? Right, And with streaming you don't need to same with podcasts. You listen whatever you want, but if you want to be like on it and then be involved and leave talkbacks and be part of this show, you kind of have to listen when it comes out. Shout out to our boy Rob Rowe, who busted some heads and got the iHeart notification system working again for those who weren't being notified.
Speaker 1: But anyway, uh yeah.
Speaker 3: Who looks just like the kid from oh what was that movie?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 1: Bad Finger? Okay, bad? What was that movie? I don't know. I don't know where you're going with. Hold On, he may he may insult the guy. No, he knows I used to call.
Speaker 3: Him that, right, hold On, I'll tell you right, hold on in the meantime, this is this is not the main episode.
Speaker 1: This is the uh.
Speaker 3: If you've listened to the iHeartRadio app, you'll leave talkbacks. You can leave some feedback for us and those people. Well, we're about to play all those back right now. All right, a new episode later this week. Yes, all right, you can figure out who Rob row looks like. I'm gonna get to the first the first talkback. Let's see. Let's hope it's funny. This one's commenting on episode two ninety three. See you, it was super Bad. I'm thinking of super Bad.
Speaker 1: See you next Tuesday. Okay, super Bad the movie. Yeah, you're still looking for the name. No, I'm just telling you looked like the kid from super Bad. Okay, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think he really wants to be called that, but okay, well not anymore. But back then they sabotaged the podcast. Now that you call him that, he's got a lot of power up there at iHeartRadio Corporate. Well, he's much better looking than the kid would Okay, cut your losses, browdie, shut a trap.
Speaker 5: He brooken buns and sody scary, so scary.
Speaker 6: So I have my news.
Speaker 5: So I was scrawling through your Instagram and my wife looked over.
Speaker 1: She's like, who's all those people? Where are they going to the tulips?
Speaker 5: How come you never take me to the tulips and go like, hey, that's Scary Jones and that's his friend's pink Steve Indian, Matt Brooklyn, Dave, Caucasian.
Speaker 7: Mark Pain.
Speaker 5: You know, it's not like, honey, calm down. They are celebrities. Scary Jones, paint the Stiffies. People are celebrities. They are in Amsterdam and they don't hang out with regular people like me. And then she got mad and now she hates follow you and she's gonna hate post something. So if you get an angry message from a Latino woman, just ignore it. That's my wife. She's crazy. Just just I'm warning.
Speaker 1: I don't follow this.
Speaker 3: So I went to Amsterdam with my broken friends, none of which who were named that little barrage that you Yeah, those are my hoboken friends that you were talking about. So yes, I went there and I did go through the tulips. I posted online that I went through these purple tulips. I don't I failed to see the connection. She ups wife well, what his wife now wants to go to a tulip farm.
Speaker 1: Okay, they're all over New Jersey. He should take he should take her to.
Speaker 3: The this is some tulip farms. But was she expected expecting me to invite him to my trip? You know how something mina, Oh you never take me to the tulip pong. No, it sounded like she wanted me to invite him on my trip to Amsterdam.
Speaker 1: No, he's just saying like it's you and you boys.
Speaker 3: Oh so now I gave her a bright idea. Yeah, now he's not right. And by the way, McLevin looks like mclovin from Superman. Yeah, once again, probably shouldn't have looked that up.
Speaker 5: Rob.
Speaker 3: Listen, Rob and I are friends, I know. Okay, all right, we'll continue to him anymore.
Speaker 1: So it's fine.
Speaker 8: Hey, Abrickham boys, it's Marilyn from Omaha. Listening to episode two ninety three, Love You Guys and Slice, Scrodi was reverencing Scandinavian countries and Doggy on you scary. Hey, he stole that intro from the Jubo show.
Speaker 9: That's one of the intros to you versus Victoria calling you out When he said.
Speaker 8: May God have mercy on your soul.
Speaker 3: That was not him, all right, He's just getting way in the weeds here. Wait, this is way in the tulips. What is going on here?
Speaker 1: So the jewbil to explain.
Speaker 3: This Rody and scary Scay and Brody Scarodi. Right, that guy ripped you for not knowing the Netherlands. But apparently he used the ripping from a other morning show that nobody knows.
Speaker 1: Uh, but most people don't know who to listen to this podcast, the guy who's out West and Seat the jewbel show. Yeah, these are real inside references.
Speaker 3: Let's let's keep it well. She was outing the guy. Yeah, No, I like the fact that you outed Scrody. Yeah, And I explained It's all good now here we.
Speaker 10: Go, So Florida. I had to vent I at the vent to David Brody about what I just went through at my local public's.
Speaker 11: Holy shit.
Speaker 10: I'm in the express lane and the guys in front of me, this couple in front of me has like thirty items in the cart and I'm in the express ten times or less.
Speaker 12: And you know what they fucking do. They fucking split all their words into ten different orders. I was like, are you fucking kidding me, just going another lane at that point, You've screwed up for everybody. Seriously, they fucking literally.
Speaker 10: Counted ten items and then put the stick behind it.
Speaker 1: Count.
Speaker 13: I said, I put the.
Speaker 14: Stick behind it.
Speaker 12: Count put the stick hilarious three times and you know what, the cashier didn't know, so she just kept bringing them up three separate times and didn't tell them anything.
Speaker 6: Are you fucking kidding me?
Speaker 11: They Why couldn't they just go another land at that point?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm so fucking pissed about that.
Speaker 5: Everybody was just waiting.
Speaker 6: Everyone had like two.
Speaker 15: Items behind them.
Speaker 10: No, I know Seari wouldn't have done anything, no offense scared. But I know you have done nothing like I did. But Brody, I'm very curious what would you have done in that situation? I would And if you saw them waiting in line with you, because I was waiting behind them, they had like two people in front of them when I got in line, would you have told them something?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would have said something to somebody either the then I would have moled out loud. I would have been like, oh I see the ten items or less lines now thirty items. I wonder if they're gonna try to split it.
Speaker 1: Look, if you've.
Speaker 3: Got twenty items that you split a husband and wife. I'll give you credit for thinking of it, because I did that with my mom years ago. She'd like, David, go take these ten items and get online, but I would put them in a separate cart. I didn't do the whole one cart sput the thirty items.
Speaker 1: Bullshit.
Speaker 3: By the way, this gentleman who just called that is a perfect example of how to leave multiple phone calls. He just kept talking. He went to the next one and just kept the sentence going. He didn't reintroduce himself with a thirty second intro. This is the third call of the five calls. I'm gonna leave.
Speaker 1: He was just like, get dadah, and he kept going, oh, hey, give me the wrap up. Hey guys, good morning.
Speaker 16: Uh you know, man, I was listening here to this last episode of this last time, and I'm gonna have to see I'm on scooty sad. You know you don't have to know we goddamn single thing about a place.
Speaker 17: When you're gonna go there, thank you gonna learn alone the way. Yes, you're gonna ask your friend, yes taking you over there. You don't have to know every single little thing.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Finally a man with some sense.
Speaker 3: People were getting on my case because I didn't do full research and I didn't know about the country I was going to visit ahead of time. Hold on, I have two comments. Number One, it wasn't it scary didn't know everything.
Speaker 1: About the Netherlands.
Speaker 3: He knew nothing about the Netherlands, which is fine. Second of all, I.
Speaker 1: Have a question.
Speaker 3: Was that the trucker or was that angel from Los Angeles? I was sort of in the middle scary and brody, but he didn't identify themselves. This guy again, honey from Connecticut. Here, honey, scary.
Speaker 13: I hope he had a fantastic time while you were in the Netherlands. And the next time you go, you should definitely hit up Stockholm, Copenhagen, Oslow, and Helsinki. It's all around Amsterdam, so you should be able to hit up all those cities pretty quickly. Slice for life.
Speaker 3: Why not Copenhagen, Denmark, Finland? Why wouldn't I go to Stockholm, Sweden? Because he was He just said that those cities were in Amsterdam, near Amsterdam. No, they are near Amsterdam. They're a quick they're quick flight. He was making a joke that those cities. He wasn't, they're all next time you're in the Netherlands, they're right near Amsterdam, you should go.
Speaker 1: I think he was being sincere. I think he was being sincere.
Speaker 3: He sinuating you would think those cities are also in the Netherlands. Now, I think he was being sincere and giving me more travels. He set it up with more travel tips. I think he was giving me more travel tips.
Speaker 1: Plight again.
Speaker 13: No, he was not scary and brody, brody and scary. Go roady from Connecticut here scary. I hope he had a fantastic time while you were in the Netherlands. And the next time you go, you should definitely hit up Stockholm, Copenhagen all slow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the next time I go to that area, doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Cut him off before he said what he said, whatever, dude, please moving on, moving on. Set the record straight.
Speaker 1: Now moving on. He was not he was giving me real advice. He wasn't.
Speaker 3: Those are quick flights. Those are quick flights to different countries.
Speaker 1: He was pulling your chain. Mandy is wrong.
Speaker 16: User by John, What the hell? I cannot believe that, missus hotshot know it all, Attorney, he is wrong and she can't even pronounce aserved by John correctly.
Speaker 18: Neither can have.
Speaker 16: But I don't give it shit.
Speaker 1: Rule number one, Girl, if.
Speaker 16: You're gonna get on somebody's keys, be raight remember that.
Speaker 1: Many All right, the infighting continues. Rule number one.
Speaker 19: Hey, Brooklyn boys, this is Nick from Washington State. This is pretty much common regarding all the hate listen people. I know is a fact a lot of college graduates in United States and functioning adults don't know geography pretty well.
Speaker 6: And Scara Jones happened to be one of them. Can you find kindness to forgive him and not to be mad about it? No more thing about all the angry people about Scary Jones making mistake about Scandinavia. So Scared Jones happened to have resources and time to travel to places from what I understand. But just because he's going somewhere doesn't mean he needs to fucking pull up and encyclopedia and study everything about it. Not everybody's like that. Some people they just want to travel, all right, Thank.
Speaker 1: You, I appreciate you, Nick from Washington State.
Speaker 3: Okay, Scary didn't need to know everything about the Netherlands. He needed to know something about the Netherlands. He thought it was a multiple game.
Speaker 20: What is this?
Speaker 1: Are you my fucking teacher?
Speaker 21: Here?
Speaker 1: Am I taking a test? No, it would be like Scary saying I'm going to South America where South America and not care where the plane was landing.
Speaker 3: But to nixt point, some people just want to travel explore. N I didn't ask you to population of the Netherlands. I didn't ask you the biggest lake in the Netherlands. I just expect you to know that it wasn't six countries.
Speaker 22: Ariel Ariel Aria. Too many fucking talkbacks again, but you know what, I'm turning a new leaf this month, So thank you for chiming in to slice dime. Andrew from upstated love.
Speaker 14: You, Andrew from Upstate again to the lady, then told, uh, scary, he's a bragger, Go fuck yourself.
Speaker 1: The dude's excited, not a bragger.
Speaker 14: He's excited about certain things in his life that he's worked hard and sacked vie for, so he's entitled to be excited for that.
Speaker 1: And to all the other slices that are hated that my guy scary.
Speaker 15: Fuck you.
Speaker 1: Leave the guy alone for fuck sake, that's my guy.
Speaker 3: That's his die. By the way, that's not the same guy from Washington State.
Speaker 1: We'll leave it right there. Good afternoon.
Speaker 2: This is from Omaha, and this time it's going to be scary and brody.
Speaker 1: You're all scary. That story you told.
Speaker 4: Us about the girl at the bar that put her hand to your face. If you, of all people, told her that, she probably deserved it. She sounds like an all American, authentic.
Speaker 1: Con Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And even though you haven't given me my formal apology that I so much want from you, I will not think any less of you than I already did. Okay, so hang in there, buddy, you did nothing wrong.
Speaker 1: Adios and have a great day. Okay.
Speaker 3: Let's let's let's not use the exact words when telling a story.
Speaker 1: Listen, we could do whatever we want, all right with the brooking boys.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Hey, b come boys, it's whoever the fuck from wherever the fuck you guys were talking with? Share about unique names. My name isn't really that unique, but my mom wanted to be different and spelled it ja I M well, people look at my name and expect a man because they think my name is Hymie. I was at the bank the other day and the teller told me to give her my baking card to do the transaction because she thought I was using Himie.
Speaker 1: Himie's name fair enough, Thank you?
Speaker 20: All right?
Speaker 1: Well he listened Jamie from the Walkers and Talkers podcast spells it that way as well.
Speaker 14: Thank oh Lord, Brody calling out share you can't just make up names and spelling.
Speaker 23: Oh my son's real name is Jake, but spelling jack. She was driving me insane, So thank you for that, Brody. And then as far as Scary being the godfather, knock on would if everything was to happen to both of those parents, you imagine Scary being the dad and having pool responsibility these cabs.
Speaker 20: Jesus Christ, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I don't think I'm fit to be the godparent. Definitely not.
Speaker 7: Hey, Brooklyn boys, it's Manny Hare or Monocham originally from Brooklyn, now in Rockland County. I just finished Slicest Time of episode.
Speaker 1: Two ninety three.
Speaker 7: I believe and I think we should start making a podcast a Slice Time for the Slice Time, and we should have like a separate episode for the slices for all the characters from Chad from Omaha, et cetera. Hey, Brooklyn boys, it's Manny again. Since someone literally just told me a great fun fact that I decided I had to share with the Slices. I'm not a doctor, per set, but I was told that it's not recommended to use a chainsaw to brush your teeth.
Speaker 1: Slice for Life, have a good day. Thank you.
Speaker 3: He's got a valid point there. Also, Jamie does not spell her name that way. I apologize. It's her birthday today, So if you followed Jamie from LIGHTFM, my former Walkers and Talkers co host, Ah, what's your happy birthday today?
Speaker 1: Happy birthday?
Speaker 3: I think she's the talking Jamie on social media today. By the way, what is today's date?
Speaker 1: The fourteenth?
Speaker 3: Today's May fourteenth, So if today's May fourteenth, where's your happy birthday?
Speaker 1: You hear it? Okay, good morning.
Speaker 20: I would like to extend my most sincere apologies to all the ladies on the podcast, all the Slice sets if I offended you by dropping the C word in such a manner, but I was just trying to defend mine and your friend, mister Skiri Jones, who does not deserve that type of treatment from anybody.
Speaker 3: Wow, you heard your message already, Brodie, And he called to me that and out the slice ats. I like that. That's a guy with a lot of class. Yeah, all right, we got more talkbacks coming up.
Speaker 1: All right, boy podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, we're continuing, we're motoring through these. This is from episode two ninety four, Bougie Boy Buys a bad Bootleg bathing Suit. A great title for the episode that you didn't like originally, I didn't, but it's grown on me.
Speaker 1: It's growing on you. That terrible he.
Speaker 24: Brooklyn boys, it's Racil from New York. And you are talking about the funny rhyming names like Gina Defina, and that reminded me of a pair of twins that I grew up with named Sherry and Terry, And could we just also talk about rhyming twin names, because oh my.
Speaker 1: God, yeah, yeah, that's rhyming twin names. I feel bad for the twins. It's cute when you're the parent.
Speaker 3: I think when you grow up, it's like you're you know, Also, a pair of twins is redundant if we're if we're talking about you know, That's what I was going to call her out on the pair of twins thing because the twins twins mean it means pair right right, Oh, I saw two twins. It's understood, it's insinuated.
Speaker 11: Brooklyn Boys, this is the next from Washington State. David Brody absolutely a five star quality jingles. I think if you make five more, you can put that ship on Spotify and then us are slices. We're actually gonna follow the playlist and you know, streaming on Spotify or whatever they call it. Dude, this is fucking great. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: No, my Netherlands AI Scary John's jingle playlist. You can open up the David Brody Jingle Shop and start charging people for it, customize jingles for their lives. I was thinking about starting a company where I do custom parodies for people, but I no longer have access to singers, so I'd have to.
Speaker 1: Use the companies, use the free.
Speaker 3: Can't charge as much when you just do an AI jingle for someone, they can do themselves. But if I write, if I write the teles, I guess, yeah, of course he's back again.
Speaker 11: And you are a phenomenal uncle, and I'm pretty sure you'll be a very great godfather. You do have it in you. You just don't know it yet. Uh, you're you're actually pretty good with kids, more than you can probably think of yourself.
Speaker 1: No, it's not because I.
Speaker 11: Keep hearing how you're a very good family member and good uncle. Yeah, you got it.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm a funkle. I am a funkle.
Speaker 20: Here.
Speaker 1: He's an awkward he's a he's an uncle, an uncle, an awkward und almost like so, uh, Jimmy, here's your thing and it's really cool and you're gonna like it.
Speaker 3: It does this and this and this and this and this and then the case. He's like, okay, just give me me hang it over. I know what it is. He explains it and reads the instruction manual to them as he's giving them the gift.
Speaker 11: Brooklyn Bars. This is Nick from Washington State.
Speaker 25: I had to I fucking had to leave this talk back gratuity to a kitchen staff. I mean, what in the fuck are we doing?
Speaker 6: What in the fuck is going on.
Speaker 11: In the world.
Speaker 25: Gratuity is for the waiter, waitress, waiter, whatever. Now we gotta pay tip for somebody to peel a fucking onion.
Speaker 11: In the kitchen. Nah, man, I'm out, Fuck, no, I'm out.
Speaker 1: I talked about this on the Big Show. I brought it.
Speaker 3: I wanted to bubble it up to see if there was any takers and to see what they had to say about it. I will say, the kitchen appreciation tip, it is a ballsy thing. Even though it was a dollar thirty five, it was the principle behind it. Yes, and now, in my mind, all we're doing is paying the kitchen.
Speaker 1: We're paying the We're paying.
Speaker 3: The cooks and the dishwashers salaries. Because if you add it all up, I'm sure and it all goes to them. I'm sure that that is not a tip for them. I'm sure it's part of their salary. I'd like to investigate further what these restaurants where the money is really going and if it comes out as a tip line for them or is it included in their wages.
Speaker 1: Who knows?
Speaker 3: Are they just jacking up the price on you and are they giving it to the kitchen and when you buy a dinner that money is used towards the payroll, is still paying the people.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: By the way, something is rotten in the state of Denmark. I love that the gentleman by Denmark, I mean the Netherlands by the way, the way they speak in Congress, the gentleman from Washington has heard. The gentleman from Washington, who was mad at Ario for leaving too many talkbacks, is now up to three so far this episode.
Speaker 1: But who's counting? No, not me.
Speaker 25: Hold on a second, just another thought. Oh, so what if what if the restaurant is mediocre? So now because of the kitchen staff tip, Now the waitress is going to get screwed over too because it's not her fault.
Speaker 1: Food wasn't great, but it was okay.
Speaker 25: But now he not gonna get a tip because food was very mediocre and a fucking there's a request for a kitchen staff tip.
Speaker 1: Fuck that.
Speaker 3: Well wait a second, all it said was kitchen appreciation. We don't know if that was a tax or a tip. Also, is that money going towards the appliances in the kitchen?
Speaker 11: Good night?
Speaker 26: Like?
Speaker 1: Is it going to put money into the buying a new grill? Now?
Speaker 3: I think each restaurant interprets it the way they want to, because, by the way, if I was told, they do it out in the West Coast a lot. Now, if food is ship when you go to a restaurant that has nothing to do with the service. If the waitress brought you the food, the shitty food, quickly and friendly and politely, uh, then she's you don't you don't take the money out of her tip. You just you don't go back to that restaurant. Least I punished the waitress. Yes, if the food's great to wait on you, you know that's worse.
Speaker 25: David Brody once again a phenomenal job on.
Speaker 1: A jiggle off tip for what?
Speaker 27: Because I swear to God, I feel like next time I go to airport people are going to be asking for graduty because they put a fucking thicker on the luggage suitcase.
Speaker 11: Okay, they did their job, now they want to.
Speaker 6: Fucking tip for it.
Speaker 27: And also, Scary Jones, I'm glad you had an awesome trip. Scary I'm very happy for you, and I'm glad you had a really kick cass trip down in Amsterdam. And David Brody, I feel like Scary Jones and his girlfriend have they have a different relationship dynamic, so you don't need to like try to guilt him for not being there for the birthday because.
Speaker 25: There's clearly so many different people and families involved going to this trip.
Speaker 1: Wow, what say you David Brody.
Speaker 3: But if I, if I, if I don't give scary crap or not being around for his girlfriend's birthday, then the episode is three minutes shorter. That's he's got a brust balls, he's got a bus balls.
Speaker 1: It's what he does. Yeah, that's what I do.
Speaker 28: Hey, brooken boys, this is a firm down in the Greater Atlanta area, the southern greater part of Atlanta.
Speaker 15: Just a curious question.
Speaker 28: If you guys had to give each other an adjective describing each other to friends, like say white Brody or brown scary, what would you guys refer to each other as.
Speaker 15: I'm just curious.
Speaker 28: I've been in some relationships throughout the years that had descriptions of people that had similar names.
Speaker 15: But I'm just curious to hear what y'all thoughts would be.
Speaker 3: Well, he's Boogie Jones. I mean that's you know, we already call each other by Now I would say patient Brody, impatient? Yeah, come on, I hurry up and give me a different name. Exactly cheap Brody.
Speaker 1: I am not cheap. I'm smart with my money. Brody and scary scary Brody. It does I know you are?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 1: Could you start talking over the talkbacks.
Speaker 29: Brody and scary? Scary and Brody, it's DEAs. I love the Turndown for what parody? That is fantastic. I play this song every single night for my two kids. They love it because they get to dance and they go crazy. They call it the crazy song. And if you haven't seen the music video, you have to see the music video. It is insane. I don't show my kids because they're too little. But turned down for what at one point was one of my favorite Little John songs, because I think he's fantastic. But yeah, agree, you better do something for that tip.
Speaker 3: She's talking about the Turndown for what video? The original video parody you did? I play that song for my kids all the time. Therefore, the subject of the sentence is still my parody. No, she plays the original, but that she didn't say original. Don't give yourself too much. I thought she's playing my tip song for the kid. Why would she do that? Because the kid will appreciate a parody when he's a kid. My grandfather play parodies for me when I was a kid. Look how I turned out? Yeah a second, look how you turned out?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 23: Part two?
Speaker 29: That video has one point one billion as in b billion views on YouTube, so I'm hoping that some of my slices out there have seen it.
Speaker 1: It's fucking wild.
Speaker 29: There's people getting thrown through the ceiling and then there's one lady with these real, huge, massive bombs and she smashing them right through a table.
Speaker 1: It's insane.
Speaker 29: But anyways, we need a more parodies from Brody, and we need a bougie bastard one for scary because.
Speaker 1: That would be perfect. Thank you, d Right Dez the sexy voice out.
Speaker 21: Okay, hey Brooklyn boys, this is Trevor from Austin, Texas.
Speaker 1: Brody.
Speaker 21: I just wanted to.
Speaker 29: Say you're.
Speaker 21: Parody for a tip for what It was hilarious and I was dying laughing the whole time. Seriously, you're hilarious. But I wanted to pose a question for you guys or I guess it's just a scenario and I want to get Yell's opinion about a restaurant that we me and my.
Speaker 1: Wife like to go to. He y'alls.
Speaker 21: So, the way the place works is it's a country Cajun style restaurant. I'm gonna leave a part two. So the way this restaurant works is we go in and you get in line, and you go to the counter, and they take your order at the counter and they give you the receipt back and a number to go sit at your table, and then a waitress will come up and take the receipt from you, and she tells you that she'll put in the order. But here's the thing. She took our order, but didn't give us our drinks or our food. She practically did nothing. And at the end of the day or the end of the meal, she came and she give us the little keypad. So she gave us the little card reader with the questions on it about you know, how we experience, how experiences was, and it takes her pay and asks for a tip. But the thing is, who am I tipping her? Is it going like to the whole staff? Probably what's going on with the with the tip? She didn't do anything, So I guess your song becomes that's it for who you know? Am I dipping here?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 21: I'm not gonna tip my waitress if she didn't do absolutely nothing.
Speaker 3: You know, right, that's a tough spot because negative they do half service, it's like they well It's like smash Burger. You put the twenty three on your table and they come over and they give you the tray with because they're like, oh, there's twenty three sitting over there.
Speaker 1: They bring it a tray. I gotta give them five bucks for that. Come on, I think you give ten percent? Ten percent? Okay? Okay?
Speaker 3: If what if I'm a table for six and I spend one hundred dollars, I had to give ten bucks for bringing a tray over, putting it down, and walking away. Come on, I know, have you got a rolling roast? Did you tip the girls at the countdown? Get the tray of food? No, that you have to carry? No, but my ass is sitting at a table with a number on it. They're actually physically coming out from behind the counter to give you the tray of food. Okay, but you did the work. You stood online, you stood there and ordered, you read the menu. Nobody told you the specials of the day, You picked out your table, you see it yourself. And then someone comes up with a tray that's worth.
Speaker 1: What a dollar? I'll give you a dollar for that? Yeah, what do you want five?
Speaker 25: Maybe maybe he was going on brody and scary Scary and Brody.
Speaker 6: This is Manning again from New York.
Speaker 16: I haven't talked to you guys in a while.
Speaker 25: I heard Rocket Steve flapping his fucking sorry, flapping his fat lips about proper grammar and once again has no idea.
Speaker 11: What the fuck he's talking about.
Speaker 1: So you know, Roger Steve, you know.
Speaker 11: Shut the fuck up for a minute, right, just shut up?
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Bring the dingles back.
Speaker 1: By the way, productive call by the way, fretting drink. Scary's got a point, come on before your next double vacation at the end of Okay, I'll bring the jingles home. Thank you.
Speaker 6: Listen.
Speaker 11: I know I'm driving, so the odium might be jinky. I apologize, David Brody. It's Times Square, New York City, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 30: I would charge you eight dollars for ice cream, and I would charge you four fifty four a stoda. Okay, I don't know where are you getting those prices where you think you're gonna pay three dollars for ice cream?
Speaker 6: But not.
Speaker 1: Nope. He's right, Yeah, he's right, but the same ice cream and the ice cream right. That doesn't make it right.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's wrong.
Speaker 1: But he's right, that's what they charge. So it's terrible. You gotta go with it.
Speaker 3: You want to charge me five for a three dollars, but don't charge me six seven dollars. You know, you know ice cream. They got to pay their rent. There's no rent throwing a truck. They got to pay this for the space. It's expensive to be in Times Square. Why do you think the biscuits of the price that they are at Red Lobster in Times Square? Because that's the physical rent, expensive rent. Morning Lobster might be going out of business. They said they closed fifty Red Lobsters this morning around the country, and fourteen of them are in New York and New Jersey. So if you the story, did we talk about that on the podcast, Well, because of the endless shrimp promotion, shrimp fucked them.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the original.
Speaker 3: Owners of Red Lobster would do like endless crab legs, endless shrimp, but they would do it for like a week just to get new customers in. But then then a new company, I think they're in Thailand. They have their own shrimp manufacturing company. So they wanted to like really promote the shrimp. So they said, oh, let's do endless shrimp. But they didn't put a time limit on it.
Speaker 1: There was nothing. They lost like fifteen.
Speaker 3: Million dollars a week or something, because you know, Americans are like.
Speaker 1: Bring me more, even more shrimp, more shrimp, more shrimp, more shrimp.
Speaker 3: Because people were sitting there eating shrimp all day. The people waiting for a table waited hours for a table. Yeah, because the fat people eating all the shrips, awful business model terrible wouldn't get up back to the drawing board. The endless shrimp promotion is going to be the death of red lobster. But you can buy the Chatnabay biscuits in the freezer frozen sections exactly.
Speaker 1: Hey, look, this is a you from Californie.
Speaker 31: You're not scary, my little disappointment, because you know, I was really looking forward. I thought you were going to go to one of the those cannabis cafes that they have a other, you know, the ones that Smoked Dog goes to and all those guys, and you were gonna tell us about it. But I guess you didn't go, or maybe you win and you don't want to tell us about it. So that was gonna make my day, you little I'm sorry, but.
Speaker 1: I don't smoke pot, I really don't.
Speaker 3: It just puts the cafe and Amsterdam is not coffee some of them are, but pot shops. Yeah, but the pot and the coffee go together. He was hoping my coffee shop. Oh, and then his cafes. Oh, so he wanted me to actually review the coffee of Amsterdam. Is that where we need to review the pot and the cafes? You think about Amsterdam because pot is like ridiculously like whatever. You can walk into a candy store like, oh, take some Twizzlers and some non partiels and oh yeah and some and this is a fucking pot brownie sitting right next to them.
Speaker 16: He continues, Well, you know, maybe uh, I'll get to wait for Nick's vacation.
Speaker 31: Maybe uh nick vacation and you can go some Merchino and you know, tell me about it and jumming up.
Speaker 1: Hopefully everything will be better for me and in. But he knew his very Now. I'll be talking to you.
Speaker 31: Guys, so as soon as I can't whenever I can get myself on chance.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we think it and uh, don't be fighting, all right, thank you sir?
Speaker 9: All right, Emily, stop giving Brody such a hard time about all the new jingles. He had to make new ones because you would not bring the old ones back. He's just giving the people what they want, Brody. The ones about the Netherlands were hilarious. I was jamming out in my car with all the different versions and the tipping song was excellent. Keep up the good work, Brody and Scary and Slice for life.
Speaker 3: See, I'm a man of the people. Scared, I get what they want. I know, I'm in touch with that. I'm on the ground. No crumbs, no crumbs, Hi.
Speaker 15: Scaring Brody.
Speaker 32: This is Renee from Lancaster. I love the fact that Brody will buy his wife jewelry as the souvenir, but will and Scary won't. But Scary will tip five dollars but won't buy Robin jewelry. And if nothing else, Scary, you better buy her damn nice birthday present seeing you weren't there, and take her someplace nice. I'm sure you will, Bougie bastard.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: In fact, I got into the hottest restaurant in town for dinner Saturday night. I had to email the owners and they got back to me and they're like sure you can.
Speaker 1: We'll do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the most difficult restaurant to get into Manhattan. It's not it's not necessarily a boogie restaurant. It's just the hot table. It's the white hot table right now that everyone wants to go. So I got us at a reservation at eight o'clock Saturday night. Boo, yeah, mic drop and yes, I I'm gonna go shopping for her and get a great present for her, of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a month after her birthday, of course. Yeah.
Speaker 3: He goes, Hey, the hottest strut New York. I got reservations for two, Like, oh my god, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: When do we go?
Speaker 3: And he's like, no, you're not not, Like, why are you calling me?
Speaker 1: I'm not excited for you? Hyperly by god, they get the hottest this is going to be the greatest. I'm like, where do we going? And he goes, we aren't.
Speaker 13: Thanks man high Brooklyn boys, it's riska from Brooklyn.
Speaker 15: Brody scary, said me.
Speaker 26: Lloyd and Jay walked through red Light Meal and now, Brody, I was expecting you to say who, because what kind of fucking grimar is that?
Speaker 15: Disappointed? Anyway?
Speaker 1: Love you guys, bye Love you j Lord Brodie scary.
Speaker 18: This is william from Atlanta. Now I might have been a little bit of a country but industry. They serve a good margarita and they have pizza. So French name, serving a Latino drink and Italian food sounds like a bit of adentity crisis.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, y'all keep up the good work.
Speaker 3: I will say that there is a point, but trust the process. It's uh, it's a great spot. And Williamsburg, well they're known for being that that way. Williamsburg, boy, no harm, no foul there. You don't have to don't apologize for that.
Speaker 33: Hey, Brooklyn boys, I don't know if this is recording. You know who this is? Oh boy, here about one of the episodes to see you next Tuesday. Yes, that bitch she fucking deserved that. You should have said it to her fucking face. How dare she do that to you? You didn't do anything to her, You would just try to be introduced to her. Fuck her. Also, not everybody knows everything about geography, or social studies or the continents. And listen to part two. Okay MJ from NJ.
Speaker 1: Part two.
Speaker 33: I was in Catholic school in Brooklyn, elementary school, fifth grade. I didn't know the answer to one of the questions about the continents or something, and none head with a giant text book. I mean giant, bigger than those old white pages. It smashed my head because I didn't know the answer. And that's what I felt like. The slices would doing to you. Scary, give yourself, give you a break, all right? Sorry, I I know you don't like Olie's in a row, but you know, not everybody knows everything. But I would investigate, not to give you a shit sandwich, but if I'm going somewhere, I would investigate to that. And I'm glad you guys had a nice time hysterical with the songs that David Brody did.
Speaker 15: That was hilarious.
Speaker 33: That was hilarious. And the no tip oh the shots, Oh my god, hysterical.
Speaker 11: Love you guys.
Speaker 34: Bye.
Speaker 17: Oh.
Speaker 1: Sounds like that was the end of her. It looks like she's gonna leave another one here. But are you on a comic because I have a commedy again, go for it. Listen.
Speaker 3: You know I'm Jewish and I'm not the biggest reader of the Bible, but I know enough about the Bible and enough about the good man that Jesus was nowhere in his teachings did he say, if a man doesn't know something, hit him over the head with a book.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure turned the other cheek, you know.
Speaker 3: He then hoping that the words would just fly into her head. He let me, let me smash this book into your head. Maybe you'll learn something from it. I don't remember Jesus with his wise men at the Last Supper taking a book and be like, hey, you don't know the facts about this town, and then hitting him with a book.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure that's not a Jesus teaching. Oh wait, nuns are out of hands back.
Speaker 3: I thought she was going to say, because I knew kids that went to Bishop Carney in Brooklyn and they used to get hit with a ruler, But hold the head with a book.
Speaker 33: I don't know if this is recording. It's it's mjro always always Brooklyn mention her spirits borrow Park about the tipping. What are we going to be tipping next? The great is it?
Speaker 15: Walmont?
Speaker 33: Now? I don't think the kitchen staff should get a tip unless they don't really get paid much. That's that's about it. But it just tipping shait. This gotta go people. You know, we don't all have money. We're not billionaires, you know, right.
Speaker 3: Thank you and appreciate your commentary today. I'll say this about the kitchen staff. If they're not making much money, uh, increase their fucking salary.
Speaker 1: Don't take it out on your customers. Yeah, I'll tip.
Speaker 6: For what.
Speaker 10: Or I'm from South Florida. I don't want to be a stickler because obviously I don't expect to everyone of people to know it exactly. But there's actually four hundred ninety eight produced ferrari Enzos in the world. Yeah, because Fortnite and I would be too many. You know, it doesn't sound like it, but there was the greatest car for ever made and it's in its time. That's why they named it after the owner.
Speaker 1: Okay, a little loan fact, whoa scary Chill the fuck out.
Speaker 3: This is Maddy for Brooklyn.
Speaker 21: And I did not call you a bragger you.
Speaker 35: Are, but I'm okay.
Speaker 34: I called you dumb.
Speaker 16: I don't know who called you a braggert, but it is at me, homie, and.
Speaker 1: Dumb is better. Hey, I just want to clear the record. Hey, Nell fucking duns. I called you a fucking dunce. I called you a fucking dono.
Speaker 3: Okay, she's got the best parts from Brooklyn in the Bronx and it comes out when she speaks.
Speaker 1: I called you a fucking ass clown. I didn't say you are knowledgeable. I said you a fucking brain. Dad.
Speaker 35: This is somebody from somebody over here. Hey, question for scary scary scary skiers about tipping the valet. So you give a five, and then when you drop the car off, if someone brings it back, that's a different person.
Speaker 6: They get nothing.
Speaker 35: The five goes to the first guy. They told the other guys you gave the find. No, no that I try to do half and half.
Speaker 1: Here's what I would do. I would not give a tip when I dropped the car. I normally don't.
Speaker 3: I just get the tip, give the tip when I pick it up, and I assume they all share it.
Speaker 1: That's the right way to do it, all right.
Speaker 35: And I didn't know Amsterdam was part of Scandinavia even after I went there, So you know, it's not clip out on someone for not knowing something. Different people know different things. Not everyone knows everything, except Bardy thinks he does. But I can just relax and don't have to scold someone for not knowing something. Thank you that you know you know.
Speaker 3: Agreed, but didn't we also agree that that Amsterdam is not part of Scandinavia.
Speaker 1: Brody's double checking the facts. No, I want to address hold on.
Speaker 3: I never said, never said that everyone needs to know everything, and I don't claim to know everything. All I said was scary should know what country he's going to again, not details, and not everyone needs to know the Netherlands, but he needed to know.
Speaker 1: Horse the horse is dead. Horse is dead. Yeah to Scandinavia.
Speaker 29: Can we just talk about how the ring camera and security cameras have just ruined life for everyone, Like.
Speaker 11: You can't just go swimming in anyone's pool anymore without getting caught.
Speaker 33: You can't peek in their window, you can't get a snack from their kitchen.
Speaker 6: It's it's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a problem.
Speaker 3: You can't even rob anybody's stuff off their porch, how dare you?
Speaker 10: Yeah, aorn can have the South Florida Brody, these are amazing. This is perfectly timed with Eurovision. By the way, I just want to say that thank you guys for all the laugh.
Speaker 1: I think he means the jingles. Yes he does. He's back again. Oh no, he's not. Well, he's getting a lot of them at time. Here.
Speaker 26: Hey Brody, it's scary Kelly from Long Island here listening to episode two ninety four. Scary buddy, How did you not know where the Storry Knight was? Everybody knows it's at the moment. No, even when you look it up online, it tells you to spit at the moment for years. I think you have to nagle for an art culture learning experience of New York City. Egle, visit the moment, have fun, buddy.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Well, let me say this. Not everyone knows it's at the moment.
Speaker 3: See this is again she's getting into that falling into that pit where you assume everyone knows everything.
Speaker 1: Most people do not know storry Knight is at the moment.
Speaker 3: If I'm going to the museum that is named the Vincent van Gogo Museum in Amsterdam, I expect to see his most famous work there, and Storry Knight is his most arguably his mo famous work. So so ahead shame on me for not doing my research, I mean, bigger shame of the fact that I live here and I didn't know that story was right under my nose. Also, if you want to get a good example of a New York Long Island accent, that was houlding the moment, the momur, the momur is tremendous. But I'm not making fun of you.
Speaker 1: I love it. It makes me feel like I'm home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but but truth be told, most soda people say soda instead of soda.
Speaker 1: Most people don't know it's there.
Speaker 26: Hey, it's Kelly fromand yeah, back on Van Go. So I got to go into a little bit of art history bealvan Goo for you, because it's messing up his story and I'm an art teacher.
Speaker 23: Is killing.
Speaker 26: So yeah, he was in the asylum and he painted the He painted the story Night in the asylum. The story is that it's it's from his imagination because he had no windows in the asylum and that I'm sorry, Kelly from Long Island here so finishing off my story. So he painted it in the asylum. The reason why it had all the wavy lines is because it's from his imagination and it's the story is three days later he did kill himself in the asylum. So the story Night that is where you're that is.
Speaker 1: Where you're wrong. That's it once again.
Speaker 3: If you're going to correct someone, be right, that is not true. Hold on, oh man, I'm on one today. Was you looking up to profiate? No, Starry Night was completed in June of eighty nine. Yes, and I'm not arguing with you about that. It came from his imagination. When did he die? N eighteen ninety eighteen ninety right, a year later. It was a year later itself, two days earlier. It took him a little while, so it took correct he went to go paint something in the field and he came back with bullet wounds.
Speaker 1: He was in the middle of the painting.
Speaker 3: And then it was again a full year later, and then he died correct three days later, as Brodie said, two three days later.
Speaker 1: And the final painting.
Speaker 3: That he was working on that day was displayed in the Visit van Go Museum and was there they said, this is his final work and it's unfinished. So it was an unfinished painting from eighteen ninety. But it was a year again. Storry Night was a year before eighteen eighty nine, Seeing says Storry Knight was a year before he died. Of course, it was who is an art teacher. So not only is she wrong on our podcast.
Speaker 1: Wow, she's a Long Island art teacher. So you know, oh, I see it.
Speaker 17: Burn.
Speaker 1: So she has been warping the minds of Long Island art students exactly. Wow.
Speaker 3: I really hope our history is not part of what she teaches. I hope she just gets right to the painting and the photography. By the way, she said that Vang painted wavy lines to show that he was dreaming. I wonder if that's where Wayne's world got there.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm just kidding. I'm being hard on her little little head. But you know what, our teachers in Long Island are wonderful people. But be right. I mean, you're gonna correct national. If you're gonna correct someone be the county.
Speaker 3: She came in hot, came in hot, trying to crush me, and you ripped her rear off.
Speaker 16: Hi O, Hi, Brody and Scary.
Speaker 15: This is Lauren from Brooklyn.
Speaker 16: I am listening to the AI generated jingles that Brody made for Scary's strip and I am absolutely cracking up.
Speaker 11: Amazing job. Each one was better than the next.
Speaker 1: Good Thank you, man of the people.
Speaker 16: Hey, hopefully I made the cut.
Speaker 1: Before you dropped the episode.
Speaker 16: Anyway, I wanted to see apologized to Maddy a little hot shot and know it all Lawyer from Brooklyn. I'm sorry, girl, it can happen to anybody. You know, you're say it as Zerbijan instead of hazer by John. You know this. The other day I wanted told or something all of Carton. I wanted to do it in French. Back couldn't do with all the get all the all of car I couldn't do it. But at least I didn't say I like cart Hey, you know. But anyway, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Okay, apologizing for everybody mispronouncing.
Speaker 34: Hey Brody and is scariest. Joe from California. I was wondering if you guys had seen the The Simpsons episode from this week. It's about the tipping where they flipped the screen around and ask you for a tip. The swivel asked me me think about you guys. You guys are talking about that recently?
Speaker 1: Watch it now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the old iPad swivel up here coming around the two espresso shots tip for what last squad?
Speaker 36: Hey, Brooklyn boys. Jonathan from Pennsylvania, episode two ninety four, Brodie really oh, couldn't give the guy find ours to put a parking it's cheap.
Speaker 1: I needed to buy Mother's Day flowers. I love how. That was the last talk back we have.
Speaker 3: Anything about a positive note as usual, Brody and you are a cheap ass.
Speaker 1: Five dollars on the valet? Come on, scary, did you buy Robin her gift yet? I'm sorry, what did you buy Robin her birthday president yet? A massive gift?
Speaker 3: It's coming, strangers, It's a comic in garage. Five dollars before I see her Saturday?
Speaker 2: All right, giving reactions?
Speaker 1: This podcast all depends on you.
Speaker 16: Baby Free