Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The NBA eighty two game grind is done, and now the real fun begins. The NBA Playoffs right here, and it's time for all the high steaky drama, clutch moments, and drag dropping plays. I can't wait. If you're looking to make the playoffs even more exciting, Draft Kings sports Book had you covered as an official sports betting partner of the NBA from the playing games all the way through the finals. Now it's time to back your favorite player and teams as they go chase glory.
Speaker 3: All season long.
Speaker 2: DraftKings has been your go to spot for NBA player prompts and that doesn't stop.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Want to make your playoff experience even more intense, try placing a bet on your favorite players performance. Will they drop thirty, forty or even more? It's your call. Ready to place your first bet? Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook out now. Lock in your bets unless make this playoff run unforgettable. Here's something special for you first timers. New Draft King customers. Bet five dollars and get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets. Make it a playoff run to remember with Draft Kings. Download the Draft Kings sportsbook app. Use cold money Move that's code money Moves for new customers to get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bet when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 5: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler, or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling. Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothill, Casino and resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue once. See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility. We're sstrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: All right, listen up, taxpayers, is time for what you all really tuned in to listen to me for financial advice. Tax season, boost Mobile wants to turn your tax refund into six months of saving. When you buy six months on their best unlimited plans, boosts will give you another six months for free. That's like six times two divide by one. Charity a really good deal. They told me I should have been a tax accountant. Well would you trust me with your money? Well that's great news because I'm not done yet. Visit boost mobile store doing tax season and enter to win up to ten thousand dollars to double your refund. Or if you're really good at math and money stuff like me, pay off what you still owe. Okay, time to take my financial envivor hat off and put on my lawyer hat. Requires upfront payment, tax and fees. Extra terms and exclusion apply. Visit boostmobile dot com for full offer terms and sweet steam. And now I get back to my boring old day job. Head over to your nearest boost mobile store and make the most out of your tax refund. The Phoenix Sons fired their last two head coaches, Frank Bogel Mike Bunholzer, after just one season, and they reportedly planned on taking a different approach heading into the next season. NBA insiders Mark Stein and Jake Fisher reported Sunday that the Phoenix that Sons are highly unlikely to pursue another veteran coach following the quick departure of Vogel and Buonhozer. Both coaches had five year deals but didn't even make it to the second year of the deal. Phoenix also fired Matty Williams after twenty twenty two twenty twenty three season, so it would snap a three year firing streak if they keep a coach beyond twenty five twenty six campaign. If you're matt Ishbia, where are you going and what are you looking for? The head coach, Joe, You're looking for somebody who the player is gonna respect and uh and buy into the system. That's why I tell you, I don't know what they're looking to spend on the coach, but but go young, give a coach some give give them some leniency as far as wins, because I mean, it ain't worked out, it ain't worked out in the past three coaches. Man, you know you're gonna have to probably go through with a little heartbreak, you know, a little a little low.
Speaker 3: As far as wins, but you might as well do it with some young guys. You got.
Speaker 2: Guys, you got four years you playing eighty million dollars the coaches that's not coaching over the next four years.
Speaker 1: Hey what Phil Jackson at He hurt Phil felt Phil.
Speaker 3: Phil.
Speaker 2: Phil was like, if I can't have Kobe and Shaq and Jordan Pipple, I ain't coaching.
Speaker 3: I'm done.
Speaker 2: If I am fend to mess with my playoffs, my my my playoffs record and my championship games a record that ain't fingna happen now. But you got but you got to get somebody in that man who them players gonna respect him by I'm telling you, uh, you know, somebody who's gonna really come in and lay down what's supposed to be done. Because if the players don't respect you like y'all y'all see, they ain't gonna play hard for you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well be out the bull.
Speaker 3: What I mean?
Speaker 2: Sam Cassell, there's a player, he's been he's been an assistant coach.
Speaker 3: For two decades.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: You can get Sam.
Speaker 2: He look Sam, Sam probably been a good a good candidate for the job. You look at because it kind of reminds me of the chance to bill up things once he got there. You know, Dang was still there, but trading dame off and just kind of starting over. And there ain't no pressure on Chauncey. You know right now he got every sigmon. They got School Henderson, they got Shade Sharp Clinging, they got some young guys who can go. He got fillup them guys and hopefully they matur into you know, some pretty good pros.
Speaker 3: Question is what they're gonna do with Jeremy Grant.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he's on the last year of his contract or if he has another year, they're gonna move on from him. But like you said, they got some young talent and they just like, okay, and they just extended. They just extended, Uh, Chauncey, who knows staple in Phoenix, but he's Jackson mark Man. I don't know why they just won't give jack jack an opportunity.
Speaker 3: But hey, yeah, I don't understand that either.
Speaker 1: Maybe he did something wrong and word got out and they won't get me another opportunity.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I had him on my part. He say he don't know what he did. Nobody seems to know. But all I know is that They're been a lot of coaches that had worse records than what he's had that's been given opportunities to resurface, but for whatever reason, it hadn't happened for him. Coach Prime will in an nil salary cap in college football.
Speaker 3: There should be some kind of cap.
Speaker 2: Our game should emulate an NFL game in every aspect, rules, regulations, whatever the rules, whatever, whatever the NFL rules, the college rules should be the same. There should be a cap, and every team gets this and should be able to spend that.
Speaker 3: Oh, Joe, Joe.
Speaker 2: Should there be an nl N nil salary cap in college football?
Speaker 3: I don't like it. I don't like it.
Speaker 6: I want the players to get as much as they can off their likeness.
Speaker 1: Because is there a salary cap when it comes to coaches going from going from college to college.
Speaker 6: Or school to school?
Speaker 1: Do they do they put a salary cap on the coaches being able to get as much money as they want.
Speaker 6: Absolutely not, So don't do it to the players either.
Speaker 3: Don't do it.
Speaker 1: Don't do it to the players. They make these colleges, these universe and these entities make billions and built b word not millions, billions every year collectively off players likeness. Allow them to get a piece of the pie for the change. Allow them to get a piece of pie for the change. And it's gonna be like this for a very long time.
Speaker 6: Obviously, we know the landscape of NCAA has changed.
Speaker 1: You got to pay to play, whether it be basketball or whether it be football. You want to win, you gotta pay the play. You want to get the best players, you gotta pay getting getting to come to your school. That's a part of the game. That's what the game is right now. But don't don't put a salary cap on it. No, don't, because they don't do it for the coaches and they pick up and go whenever they want to when there's a better opportunity.
Speaker 3: What you want, Joe, what' you thinking?
Speaker 4: Joe?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say salary cap, but I do. I do want to see all the player athletes get compensated to some degree. Even let's say, even if you ain't a guy who playing major minutes, like I think it's enough to go around.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's dudes, they are professional athletes.
Speaker 2: Now, you know, we can't even yes, it's not just a collegiate athlete like you're a professional.
Speaker 3: So you got to carry yourself that way.
Speaker 2: And I just feel like if you got one dude making seven million, another dude making two and a half three million, now I think you can stretch it out to where everybody on the team is making a love summer. It's man, I'm just I just saw in basketball. I think fifty percent of the players in college basketball end of the portal. Yeah, Joe, O, Joe, think about that. Fifty percent of the college basketball player are in the portal.
Speaker 3: No lord to Oh they standing there? They Hey them.
Speaker 2: You young boys getting into that mind yin they get into the money, y they they ain't studing out that.
Speaker 3: What you trying to? What kind of sister you're running on? Not studying that? Hey? What y'all paying?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 3: Man? What y'all pay?
Speaker 2: And Joe, you can't coach kids like we used to get coached. You can't yell at a kids. You got kids coming in now? How much money you got and how much time I'm gonna play? You ain't talking right. I got to go think about it.
Speaker 3: That's what they are.
Speaker 2: That's where we are now with yo, kid, you know, and I get it to a certain sting, you know, we that's all we knew. So the yelling and screaming and the cussing and grabbing the face mask or whatever the case may be, that's all we knew.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: Today's time these kids, there's been a slow evolution where coaches have had to get away from that. Coach has gotten fired cursing and saying things and doing things. I don't even know if they have I don't even know if they have Oklahoma anymore with Joe. I don't know if they have bullying the ring no more. They have to know, they don't. I mean, we go sometimes, we go home, we're gonna practice it. We go, damn me, the whole practice with no water, O Joe, make a bad make a mistake. M No, you ain't get no water to pull that water out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See that's see, that's why sometimes the kids. Sometimes kids today they getting a little soft.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: We started bullying the ring. We started Oklahoma drill. I'm talking about. I was five years old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh for sure, I was.
Speaker 6: Five years I'll never forget nineteen eighty eight. I tell you nineteen eighty eight Miama Lake's optims. I can tell you the coach was coach Blood Rest in peace. What we're doing I'm five years old.
Speaker 7: We're doing Oklahoma drilling and bullying the ring, five years old, wild pass on.
Speaker 6: Oh that Bill's character. Yes, Bill's out of Florida.
Speaker 1: That's about That's that's how we that's why we are the way we are out of Florida.
Speaker 6: It Bill character.
Speaker 2: Hey Love, I played for the Bell aka Noland Richardson. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. Forty minutes. Hey hey, you call him practice. It made you even touch up the basketball today. You might put an hour up there on the clock and you just run around the whole court.
Speaker 3: Indian run for sixty minutes straight? What hey love? Yeah? Yeah, So one thing about saying some shakee brother, you're gonna be in some shape. Sixty sixty minutes second d Indian run.
Speaker 2: Hey look, you know, you know, if you're in the back, if you in the back with the with the medicine ball, you gotta.
Speaker 3: Run a hose. Are gonna come back to the front line?
Speaker 2: Then another yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah yeah, a sixty straight minutes, none stop until we get into them legs.
Speaker 3: Because his favorite quote was the fatigue makes cowards of us.
Speaker 2: All and now he hey look look, once you get tired, now we want to see if you can play basketball because they look, Wow, hey, you got guys gonna be looking like out there and that celebrity game playing against teammaker.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on you telling me how I look when my legs were already gone after that celebrity Well, I ain't see that.
Speaker 3: I ain't see that. I'm to telling you what I said.
Speaker 1: Well, watch the whole footage they just showed the part will be your most fought and now I'm gonna beat his ass. Yeah, you ain't see that. That's what you're a moo sawt.
Speaker 3: I just see that.
Speaker 1: I ain't see that part. Yeah, I'm just telling you. I'm telling the team Mac that's my dog. You know I respect him that as a player. But NBA players cannot deal with true athletes outside of a structured environment five on five and running played and setting picks.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 6: You can't.
Speaker 1: You can't play somebody like me and think you're gonna succeed. That's why, that's why I try to keep telling you, and you don't seem to understanding.
Speaker 3: We're gonna go back, go back to it. Hey, but uh.
Speaker 2: Fact saying college playing for Nolan Rige and hey, listen, We probably would have had a few guys in the porter too. If you can jump into porter, ain't it was tough guy that you can't coach them guys like that no more. Hey, look, no you can't.
Speaker 3: You can't. You can't be tough guys. You know you can't yell. You can't.
Speaker 2: And the thing is because we stayed out when we were younger on yo, we stayed outside.
Speaker 3: So when it came down to practice, I don't remember anybody.
Speaker 2: I don't remember really met anybody fainted or dying or passing out or something like that. Like you they do. They do these hard drills and then you.
Speaker 3: Know they they they fall out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we were playing basketball, playing football.
Speaker 3: We was working it outside. It wasn't no. We ad PlayStation. We in side of east side.
Speaker 2: And then all of a sudden you go out to one hundred degrees and try to run and do all the other stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some bag will happen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, hey, listen, that's everybody wanted.
Speaker 1: They want to do all this all this healthy eating, and they peggetarian and and and and and vagina saurus.
Speaker 6: And all this other stuff that don't make no sense. They listened to science. They listening to analytics.
Speaker 1: We ain't had none of that when we were when it was summertime. You hear me, when it was summertime, Joe, we wanted to come in the house. No, if you're thirsty, drink for the water holes on the Saturday. You had to turn it on. Hey, you had to turn it on and wait for the water to get cold, because it came out hot as hell.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's why we that's why we ain't getting hurt. That's why we ain't get it today. Oh I got a paper cut. I got to go to the doctor. What they listen, Yeah, they don't.
Speaker 2: They see, we didn't have a distraction that they have in today's We did don't. We didn't have no social media. Ho we really have no video game. You had to go to the arcade. Know back then, oh Joe, you had to go to the art Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you had though there was a very select I mean we used to have like game Boy, we had some you know, a couple of handheld games.
Speaker 3: But that wasn't nothing like what these kids got now. These kids.
Speaker 2: Now, that's why I say, when you find a kid, now that's focus. Well you got something. Oh yeah, it's hard because there's so many distractions. You got Mad, and you got NBA two K, and you got Call of Duty in Fortnite and this and that and Minecraft, and you got so social media, you got t talk and and whatever the case may be a snap Chad or what all another stuff, whatever, whatever you got going on on shoe.
Speaker 3: There's so much going on now. It's hard.
Speaker 2: And it seems like as each generation the attention span and the focus get less and less less and less lesson. It's hard. You gotta get kids at ten minutes. Kids can't listen alonger than ten minutes.
Speaker 3: That's okay, go take a break. It it's different though.
Speaker 2: So I tell my hat to kids that come up in this environment now and they focus and they know what they want.
Speaker 3: Well, I want to be this.
Speaker 2: I want to be and I'm not just talking about a professional athlete. I'm talking about it. I want to be a doctor and they take the steff to do that. I want to be this or I want to be that. It tells me a lot because we didn't have the distractions that they got. NAJO, No, we didn't. We didn't, and it's it's it's gonna it's hurting a lot of guys now because see they can sit around on them video games on them PCs and the Xbox and PlayStation that's six to twelve hours can go by quick quick married it and the money doing it now. Joe kid kid like say, hey, I want to be a streamer. Man, what I want to stream? You can make money. You look at you look at a Consanad, or you look at Speed or you look at some of these guys.
Speaker 3: Man, they make it millions and millions of dollars. Yeah, yeah, man.
Speaker 2: Look, even if you could have made money back then, my grandma mayor Porter say, get your ass o this how you first? Your TV gotta work for you to play video games and not TV were working at the time.
Speaker 8: So the funny the funny thing about it too, even in today's era with with with players more focused on building the brand because of social media instead of working on your craft, you know, working on your craft.
Speaker 1: And handing your business in between the lines and hand your business on the hardwood. The brain gonna take care of itself because you're handy business where it matters most. Now you got to you got some, You got some players regards of social media, regardless of game, and regardless of all the distractions, they show up and you can tell they put in the work, especially in college. You know your Travis Hunters, Yes, you know your You're Jeremiah Smith. You know there's something your door saying that your can board. There's there's some other ab dual carters. You know, the other players that have been able to succeed that are newly in the league.
Speaker 6: You know, you're justin Jefferson is your Chases.
Speaker 1: So players are dudes like that that have a singular focus despite all the distraction on on the ride, to still be locked in on what the end goal is and keeping.
Speaker 6: The main thing the main thing. Yep, well, I commend them. I commend them.
Speaker 4: Because it's hard. I agree. According to the.
Speaker 2: Draft Kings sportsbook, Utopia two has better ods to win Best Picture at the Oscars than the Dallas Cowboys do to win the Super Bowl. The Cowboys to win the Super Bowl plus seventy five hundred Zutopia two Best Picture plus sixty five hundred.
Speaker 3: Damn, When was the last time an animation won Best Picture?
Speaker 4: Huh?
Speaker 3: Never? No, it never. You're talking about the ninety eight, ninety eight years they've been doing this. So jo right.
Speaker 2: Never, I guess they said the Cowboys never gonna win the Super Bowl, not this year.
Speaker 1: Oh man, if they, if they, if they go up and get asking Genty at six, they got a good chance.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: You know, Jared Jones the going to give up that draft capital what it takes to zoom up that draft board.
Speaker 3: To get it.
Speaker 6: If he's serious about winning.
Speaker 3: When are you knowing to be serious about winning?
Speaker 6: You're right by that? Which I mean, you're right?
Speaker 2: Twelve twelve, y'all. That that's that's a. That's a. That's a couple of that's a. That's your second round then possibly your thirty or fourth one to move up in six spots.
Speaker 1: I think Ashton Genty probably going six to the rate. Wait, the Raiders at six, right by my tripping, yeah, I think the Raiders at six.
Speaker 2: I say, you might. I think he might go to the Raiders. Now it's time for our final segment of the evening. It's time for Q and A.
Speaker 3: M.
Speaker 2: Mister International said, guys, n I l made college sports more entertaining.
Speaker 3: Agree or disagree? I like that.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 6: I like it, I like it.
Speaker 1: I like it a lot, and I like it a lot, because we've heard so many horror stories back in the days when there was no n IL money. But players get in trouble, can't eat, can't pay for certain things, so they had to do whatever they need to do to make ends meet. The fact that NIL is helping players early being able to take care of their families before they make it to the next level, or some players that might not even ever make it to the NFL, they're still getting conversation for their likeness because sometimes college might be your last stop.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, you know, for the most athletes, the college is their last stop.
Speaker 6: I mean yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: So so those who have a chance to make a little piece of change, man, do what you gotta dream man to make the most up.
Speaker 2: Max Sometimes like a like a pre preying credit card, Joe, you got to live it on it.
Speaker 3: It's uptime to limited college he sometime deliver it.
Speaker 2: High school sometime delimit is JVM. When you know that, when you know that, especially in college, you get to get as much as you can. Yeah, opportunity. Hey, hey, I'm start breaking down tape. Do I go into coaching right.
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Because everybody ain't gonna make it to the to the professional the NBA to a professional in your said sport, be it football, basketball, baseball, track and field, tennis, hockey, whatever the case may be. Everybody is a going through I know you think you are, but not everybody care. They're not benefit. There are a million, there are a million kids that's gonna graduate. Ain't no million kids going to college. It ain't no million kids going to the NFL. Yeah, it's a small percentage.
Speaker 3: Everythink about.
Speaker 2: It's only been twenty five, twenty six thousand men that ever play in the NFL, coach play gm in the NFL history.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a long way from a million, don't you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Hey, hey, not even the thousand.
Speaker 2: Hey listen, I think the nl has made college fund to wash again though, Yeah, made it more exciting obviously. We see the money that these guys are getting, and uh, it's a lot more. It's a lot more on them. I think, Uh, you know, it's been fun to watch, man, But they do got to get ahold of this. Uh, they got to get ahold of because I see it getting worse, I think before it gets Yeah, yeah, for sure, for sure it's gonna get worse, for it get better.
Speaker 3: I mean you also you know.
Speaker 1: Go ahead now, I'm gonna say, Also, the kid you understand too, if you really like that, if you really him, you know all this bout school to school to school to school, if you really like that. Oh the way you may think you are, you get the money wherever you go. You know that, U for sure you'll get the money.
Speaker 4: Wherever you go.
Speaker 1: So thinking you're gonna get more going somewhere else when you really not. They really don't value like that. Maybe you think you're not the person you are or wherever you are, you're not. You're not as good as you think you are. It's what I'm trying to say. So I think the kids are gonna run into that problem as well, Joe, thinking that they're they're they're so good yea that they can go who wants to get more money? I think that's gonna be another issue they're gonna run into. Like it's gonna be a wake up call. You good, but you really not like that, or they would have paid you. They wouldn't have no problem paying you. You would have got it the first time.
Speaker 2: Uh oh you great, Joe. Well I think you know the smaller schools Ojo.
Speaker 4: Five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but see the five five, is gonna go down there, gonna go to them smaller schools and start it starts taking a little bits yep. Three years already he got experience in college. You know what it takes to be a collegiate athlete. They want that, They want that. They no longer want these freshmen coming straight out of right much coming straight out of high school. They won't get because listen, this is a professional now that win and these guys are getting paid. So look, we ain't just out here rolling the ball that you go out here and just do what you want to get better. Now we bring it in guy, I said, we think gonna help us win right now?
Speaker 6: Okay, I got you?
Speaker 3: Oh you s S S. Two thousand and four, Uncle Ojo.
Speaker 2: Now that Dion is struggling to pay it for his kids college, But do you find it odd that the second his kids aren't in college anymore, he wants a capital N.
Speaker 3: I L just seems like convenient.
Speaker 6: Timing, don't don't I don't think. I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't think the question has been raised before, or or this is the first time they asked him. I think if you ask him while his kids are playing, he might have said the same thing.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: Is that with anything you have to you need a governing body, and right now there is no governing body with this ni L.
Speaker 3: So it's just kind of like the wild wild West, don't Yoe? Yeah? So what is it that?
Speaker 2: Okay, you sign a two year deal, you get to break the contract if you don't get there, If the if the school can't break it, you can't break it, right.
Speaker 3: I think that's the guest. I think. I think the guy Teennessee, I don't know what.
Speaker 2: He was thinking, because you're gonna get two points or he goes and gets one point seven, one point eight, he goes to California.
Speaker 3: That's off.
Speaker 2: That's half of that go go in taxes. I'll think Tennessee, Tennessee doesn't have state income tax.
Speaker 6: With Joe, did he get more? UCLA got less and you gotta pay more taxes? So it made no sense, you see what I mean?
Speaker 1: And that there's a small example right there, thinking you better, thinking you better, thinking you better than what you really are, and you're gonna go somewhere somewhere else and give more money and now you got less. Yep, Like if you if you was him, if you was like that, and I mean no disrespect. I'm just talking about from a financial standpoint and want more money. If you really like that, they wouldn't hesitate you, They wouldn't have to take to pay you more.
Speaker 6: True, if you were that much of a difference maker.
Speaker 3: Oh you on what? Actually?
Speaker 6: What two men? You want to go from two point seven to four? Oh? No problem, no problem.
Speaker 1: If they really value you like that on the field. Ohait, listen over over estimate the value. And that's no disrespect. I'm just using as an example. And mister internationals go ahead, were you gonna say something, Joe? Okay, go ahead, go ahead, mister international.
Speaker 2: Being a pro athlete isn't as popular today as it was back in the nineteen seventies.
Speaker 3: Actually, I think it's more popular paid Who said that, mister in the national.
Speaker 6: Mister and miss and now come on that, come on that.
Speaker 3: Shoot.
Speaker 2: I can't even pronounce his name's n I K A R A x hi. I don't know what that means, bro. But anyway, for both, if you had to pick out a quarterback from this pool, who is most likely to leave ringless at Oh Joe, pay the man his money, So I guess he said out of cam Ward, Shadoor, Jackson dark Slough.
Speaker 3: Is that what he's talking about? Okay?
Speaker 6: Are we supposed to predict the future on them?
Speaker 3: Who's gonna win?
Speaker 2: He says, who's most likely to leave ringless? It could be all of them. Look at the situation. You're going to two.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're going to going to bad teams, very bad teams.
Speaker 3: Hey they Kemper nor what jr?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm taking the Nuggets over the Clippers in six You damn so you got?
Speaker 3: You got, you got? I don't know about that one.
Speaker 2: Kemper He said he's taking the Nuggets over the Clippers in six games. Oh no, I think that the Nuggets gonna win. They're gonna win this Themseelven Uh Joe, I don't forgot the Clippers squandered in this way.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I got Tlule keeping them boys ready to understanding the moment.
Speaker 3: You know, we're going back home. You can't have a letdown at home.
Speaker 2: The only teams had that when you came off, you know, two emotional high games playing in Denver. You know it's tough. When you can get home, you have a tendency to kind of relaxed. So I'm sure Tlul gonna have them dudes are ready there. I don't see them. I don't see them. You don't see them having a letdown, nah, because they gotta understand the moment right now. They deal with correct, dude, So take advantage of this. Don't come out playing with them boys in game three. Keep playing hard working. I don't know if Kawai gonna give you thirty nine every night, but him and him and.
Speaker 3: James being consistent the way they do.
Speaker 2: Hopefully one of them explodes and or or you have those other guys play well and win you a game in this series.
Speaker 3: But I like the Clippers, man. I like everything they do, from the.
Speaker 2: Guys who they played, the life size matchups that they have, and the problems they're trying to give Denver. If Denver gonna step up and come in there and play with some resiliency in LA, it's gonna be a short series.
Speaker 3: Man. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Quintin Mobley, I sold Joe. I was to playing with Al Horford in Atlanta. How do you feel seeing your boy win that ring last year? Are you surprised he's still playing? No, I'm not surprised he's still playing. I'm happy for il Man. You know when we got our when I was here in Atlanta. It was his rookie year. It was my third year here. This is our first time making the playoffs. Me Il Josh Smith, like baby Jeff t. We played against that Boston team. We was an a ceed playing against a one seed, and Boston went on to win the NBA championship that year and in like six games. Uh us the Atlanta Hawks and the Cleveland Cavils were the only team who took them seven games. Wow, yeah, got that playoffs. So we was a young team. I was a rookie playing against Kevin Gardnet. I'm talking about playing his butt off. So to see him playing, playing at a high level, may I love to see it. May take care of his body. You look good out there? Yeah yeah real Carter Ojo.
Speaker 3: Have you been the inner Miami game yet? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Of course, of course I've been in the Miami game. Watched Messi.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously you probably haven't seen footage with Messi and Beckham and George who also, who's the who's the owner of the team. I know everybody very well. I don't frequent it, Austen because I'm on the road too much, but I've been to the Games.
Speaker 2: That concludes this edition of Nightcap. Thank you guys for joining us, because without you, that can be no us. We greatly appreciate your support. Joe, thank you. Joe back tomorrow night or this weekend. Tomorrow night, this weekend. Okay, Joe's back this weekend. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from.
Speaker 3: Y'all know me, your favorite unt, your favorite number eighty.
Speaker 2: Five is at the Bottle, the Liberty City Legend, the Bengal Ring of Fame, Motel read the Pro Bowl of the All Pro that's Chad O Jyo Senko Johnson and our spending contributor for all things basketball joining us throughout the entirety.
Speaker 3: Of the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Y'all knowing y'all love him. I sold Joe Johnson again. Thank you Joe for joining us. Thank make sure you go check out Shave by Laportier. If you cannot find it any city or state near you, order it online. We'll ship it directly to your door. Please drink responsibily and stay safe. Go follow Shay Shaped Media Company page on all of its platform add my Clothing Company eighty four, with eighty four being spelled out. Everything has restopped. The link is pinned at the chat. Supplies are limited and once they're gone, they're gone, So please grab yours while supplies last. Tickets for our Not Safe for Work Tour are on sale. Our eight stops are b More, Philly, Charlotte, LA, Miami, New York, Chicago, and Detroit. Tickets can be found at shayshapmedia dot com slash tour. That's Shayshapmedia dot com slash Tour. The Lincoln is also pinned in the chat. Guest lineup is looking real good. You guys don't want to miss this, Go out grab your tickets now. Clippers beat the Nuggets one oh five to one O two. The Steal Home Court series heads back to La tied one to one. Detroit, go into Madison Square Garden and win one hundred and ninety four, still gain two. That series is tied one one going back to Detroit. Thank you guys for joining us for nightcap. I'm uh he's ocho, he's Isso we'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 3: That the volume