Speaker 1: Welcome Inside with the Insiders, presented by Draft Kings Sportsbook, alongside Mike Garafalo, Judy Battista, and Ian Rappaport. I am Tom Pellicero. We come to you tonight from an active construction zone. It's Friday night on Radio Row. Other shows, all right, other shows at the side is five days? Was enough of Super Bowl covers? Not the Insiders? The shows Dive goes on on Friday night. There's for cliffs, We're not click believing. There's a lot of beeps around. Anybody else left. There's literally no one behind us except for the guys driving Bobcats. We are here with you. Nicole Collins is going to be on the show. We got a ton to get to just two days out now from Super Bowl fifty nine. It is Chiefs Eagles once again set to kick off just about forty eight hours from right now. And our intrepred reporters have been with those two teams throughout the entire week. Cameron Wolf with the Chiefs, Jade Slater with the Eagles. I will start out with Cam whose suit really has been brought out by the backdrop of the bright lights of New Orleans around him. Now we got it. I think you can make that edge cam. No final inter reports are out, final inture reports are out. Tell me what we know about those Chiefs. Well, Tom, the Chiefs are healthy.
Speaker 2: They're fully healthy, the healthiest they've been all season, and we're getting ready for game mode.
Speaker 3: We're middle French Quarter.
Speaker 2: There's all the cars in New Orleans, possibly industry to carters roll past me, bumping juvenile and I just saw a band of middle school and high school kids just go in the Chiefs Hotel, which is the Sea of Red. But for the team, they started off this morning Friday morning to practice at Tulane. They practiced for about seventy minutes, just helmets. They haven't done a lot heavy this week, but they are fully healthy, as they've been all week. The only thing to note, sky Moore, who was on injury reserve, is doubtful not expected to play, but that's no big surprise for them on that side of things.
Speaker 4: But it is a family day for the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: All the family and.
Speaker 2: Friends come into town. I saw some players hugging family members this morning as they came into the hotel. I saw some of Patrick Mahomes family walking around in the streets so much is going on here. Jason Kelce walked past us about a couple hours ago and he was not recognized by anyone, which is crazy giving out recognizable he is. He was not wearing green or red neutral colors.
Speaker 1: We'll see what he does on Sunday, smart man. Now in the media, though, I got a wild guest who we might be cheering for come Sunday. As for you, Jane, the English has been a little beat up over the past several weeks. Here. How do we look as that final injury report comes out for Philly?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Brandon Graham is the one we're really keeping an eye on. The activated him and well they haven't activated him yet. They called him up. We'll see if he is a go on Sunday, but they have until four o'clock on Saturday to.
Speaker 4: Let that happen.
Speaker 5: Now, he has, of course been practicing in a limited capacity. But you know when you talk to the guys, they say that he is talking trash, he's moving around. It was Nick Sirianni this week who told me they just want to see how he's striking. It was an hour long practice today, little bit of lighter work. That's the typical schedule they have if this was a normal game week and they're trying to keep it as normal as possible. They did some team drills. They really wanted to work on some of the situational awareness in the red zone. But yeah, it was a good practice today. They'll have a mock game tomorrow, they'll have the team photo.
Speaker 4: And this is family night.
Speaker 5: The hotel over here is full of family, guest friends, so they're getting a little bit of downtime before all the craziness. And I love that you brought up that Travis Kelsey's just walked around no one notices him. We've seen that with players. I saw Darius Slay out here no one recognized, and we saw Chauncey Gardner Johnson.
Speaker 4: That's just how much activity is going.
Speaker 5: And you know, I had to wear a loud jacket because Cam has got such a beautiful backdrop, not as is aesthetically appealing behind me here at the team hotel.
Speaker 4: But I thought i'd have a little fun with this.
Speaker 1: Guys, hold on, you're gonna get this wide. Let's see it.
Speaker 3: There we go here it is.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 6: We want to say e hell gee, yes, you're welcome back to Dallas.
Speaker 3: By the way you.
Speaker 5: Take it, fashion. I did see Jerry. I did see Jerry Jones last night. He was less pleased that this was my assignment this week, So I think my credentials under review next season.
Speaker 1: Jane Camberon, thank you very much. Much more from you guys leading up to kickoff. But first this.
Speaker 7: And the ap most Valuable Player presented by a Visa line is.
Speaker 8: I like to thank Joel and Lavaughan my parents. Who should I in my twenty plus years of playing football going down to Pop Warner, I bet you they've missed maybe fifteen games in their entire life. They are so dedicated to supporting me and my favorite teammates who are my sister, my brother, and my little sister.
Speaker 3: Nikola, Jason and McKenna.
Speaker 8: Thank you guys for all the support, all the time, money, energy wasted growing up, from going from meat to game to practice every day.
Speaker 1: I love you guys.
Speaker 8: I know you take a lot of pride in this as well. And last but not least, my fiance Haley, who you've been my rock. You're my best friend. I would not be staying on the stage if it weren't for you. So with that being said, be good, do good, God bless and go bills.
Speaker 1: All the NFL's major awards handed out last night at the Sanger Theater. Kevin O'Connell Coach of the Year, Sick One Bark, Patsertan, Jayden Daniels, Jared Verse taking home the hardware, but no award more surprised, at least to the audience both inside that theater as well as across the NFL than Josh Allen as the MVP. And you were there inside the theater, so was Mike, so was I and Judy was hopefully getting a little bit of extra sleep. What stood out to you from last night?
Speaker 9: Judy was definitely working by the way I got I got you Judy the MVP winner did stand out to me. That was hard to watch in a good way, like it was a little bit emotional. It was felt like that last night too, And rarely do we get that sort of collective gasp, like there's not that many surprises of these wars.
Speaker 1: That's what it felt like last night.
Speaker 9: It was like because Josh Allen beat Lamar after Lamar Jackson was the All Pro quarterback. To me, though this felt right now. This is not an argument about whether or not Lamar Jackson performed better this season, or whether Lamar Jackson's stats are better. If you did that comparison, you would say Lamar jacksonrobably should be winning this award.
Speaker 1: That's not this award.
Speaker 9: This is the most valuable player considering where the Bills were, where the franchise was in transition, getting rid of a lot of high priced guys before the season. Stefan Diggs obviously headed out of town. The absolute and incredible value of Josh Allen is something that stood out to me.
Speaker 1: He took a team that should.
Speaker 9: Not have been deep in the playoffs, threw them on his back, and took him deep into the playoffs in an unbelievable season. Josh Allen deserved this award absolutely and I thought it was very cool to see him get it.
Speaker 4: It was a great moment.
Speaker 10: I always think the emotional high point of honors is the Hall of Fame class being introduced, and I have to say I was a little disappointed that it didn't take that long to introduce this class because it is a very very small class. This year, the rules were changed about voting and so as a result, we didn't get a coach go in. We didn't get it would have been Mike holmgrun By the way, we didn't get a contributor go in, and we had only three modern era players go in and one senior.
Speaker 4: They're all worthy candidates. I just like more Hall of famers.
Speaker 10: I like to see great players and coaches and contributors celebrated.
Speaker 1: I feel like Halls of Fame are museums for.
Speaker 10: The sport, and so you want as many important people in them as possible. And frankly, I will use this opportunity to say, I hope the Hall of Fame reconsiders its voting policy because I hope we don't have a small class like this again next year.
Speaker 6: There's a logjam and a lot jam out a number of positions wide receiver, our colleague Steve Smith were waiting to see him get in. We've got Tory Holt and Reggie Wayne ahead of them, so for them to not get in, now you're adding more players to the mix. Larry Fitzgerald's going to join the conversation. That's only going to make things harder. So yes, I agree with you, Judy. There should be a minimum number of players that get in because there are players deserving to get in. For me being in that theater, last night. I thought a lot of the right notes were hit. The Immemoriam segment where Big Sam Williams played the trombone and it was New Orleans style. It was more of an upbeat musical number then you see during that because that's how they rolled down here with their funerals. I thought that that was right on point, and the recent tragedy in New Orleans was addressed as well. So the Sanger Theater was deck out if it always looks like that, with the Marty Grass decorations that were up there as well. I thought it was a great scene. I thought Snoop Dogg did a great job. He's not going to be like Nicki Glazer, who also made an appearance, whom Ian got a picture with. I was unable to because they were yelling at me again his car already, it's a great far came up, not even a fan, and got a picture.
Speaker 1: I told her I wasn't a fan too. We got a great picture, and that's so she would appreciate the MVP Ballady. By the way, we talk about that being a surprise sufficially controversial, just from the confusion that the ap made be rare. I believe unprecedented step of releasing not just who the voters are in the vote totals, but who voted for who. It goes to show there were enough people questioning the process of how we got there and how the All Pro quarterback would not end up being the MVP over the guy who was not the first team All Pro quarterback. When I did a survey back in December of NFL executives like I do every year, Josh Allen was the winner in that survey as well, so to Evan's Ian's point, certainly a deserving honor. Sam Donald got a handful of fifth place votes for that award. Since it is now ranked voting for the MVP Award, his future in Minnesota or elsewhere at this point remains up in the air. Now, we saw a couple of different comments from Kevin O'Connell, who deservedly won the Coach of the Year from down the same aisle that I was sitting in last night, about Sam Donald's future. Here's really where we seem to stand, Mike. There are a variety of ways that this could go with Sam Donald. They could get a deal done with him. The tag is an option. Tagging trade is an option. They have a guy in JJ McCarthy, but they also know that Sam Donald was somebody that the team rallied around with the won fourteen games last season. This is not a black and white type of deal. A lot of it's going to come down to the velvety and he didn't.
Speaker 6: Take a snap for them. But Daniel Jones is also potentially there for them as an option as well. They do have a little bit of experience working with him toward the end of the season. The question is do you tag him? And if you don't tag him, that allows other teams to now get into the mix. And just down at the Senior Bowl last week, where these things start to materialize and everybody starts to put some feelers out, you know that there's gonna be a lot of quarterbacks that are going to be available. The first name that came up, I'd say ninety five, if not one hundred percent of the time when I talk to teams potentially in needs of the need of quarterbacks and those that might be available, was Sam Donald. So that bodes well for Donald's prospects with regard to having multiple suitors.
Speaker 1: Here. Look, things were.
Speaker 3: Right for him.
Speaker 6: It was a great offensive system, a great offensive coach, great offensive coaching staff, and all these weapons that you're seeing right here. But there's other teams that are saying, hey, we can get him into our building. He's shown us his ability. I think he's going to have a great market.
Speaker 10: Well, there'll certainly be a very good market for Sam Donald. I thought this was an interesting quote which came from Kevin O'Connell.
Speaker 1: I think last night.
Speaker 10: I don't know if it happened at the theater or afterwards, but he said he's earned the right to really explore what it means to be a Pro Bowl quarterback, which sure sounds to me like Kevin O'Connell is suggesting that he's earned the right to test free agency and see what free agency looks like for him. That's an interesting comment coming from a head coach about a quarterback. Doesn't necessarily mean that he's gone, just means that maybe they think he should be testing the market and see what the market looks like. Maybe go back to them when they see what the price is. Awfully interesting comments from Kevin.
Speaker 1: And Sam Darnald has experienced stage. He's just certainly have a very good idea what that market is going to be prior to the enfranchise tag deadline. There's a lot of again moving parts that goes into it. When in a free agent class that is basically Donald, Russell Wilson, and a bunch of quarterbacks from the twenty twenty one draft class who all got traded and moved on. Donald is clearly the one that people will be focused on. Tyreek Hill, meanwhile, has had an interesting few months from obviously a rough start to the season and running with police prior to Week one, then playing without his quarterback, then deciding he didn't feel like finishing that final game of the season, said after Week eighteen he was done in Miami doors closing it was fun, but I'm moving on now, striking a slightly different tone.
Speaker 11: Like we all want to win tour. He's another competitors. He's a hell of a competitor. A lot of people don't know that he's a winner. He's consistent. So I'm looking forward to, you know, just us continuing to build our relationship, man even more.
Speaker 4: I love it and this is my public Is that what that is?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 11: This is my public apology to you to I love you, bro, but take it.
Speaker 4: I mean, are you? Are you sort of wanting to say you're sorry to your team.
Speaker 11: Oh god, yeah, but I mean but they already know that though, Like they know I'm not that kind of player.
Speaker 3: Though I'm not like a.
Speaker 11: Lot of people may say, oh, Reeka is a hot head, he's this, he's that, but all my teammates know, Bro, like I come to work every day, I bust my tail, I show up the means on time, and I do what I gotta do.
Speaker 12: Bro.
Speaker 1: Tyreek echoes similar thoughts in his tour Round Radio row earlier today. We heard Mike mcdanielly in after the season say, it's been made clear they talk. We have made clear to him that that is not going to be tolerated in the future. At least sounds listening to Tyreek like he is willing and open to continuing to that advice and move forward to Miami.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and Tybreek Hill in his various interviews was pretty clear that he wants to come back to Miami and he believes he is coming back to Miami now. In other comments, he stated that he would never leave and we wondered. Reporters wondered ear in the season, could he potentially be sing to be traded. He said you know, tell my agent keep me in Miami. Like, this is clearly a guy whose future is in Miami. So at the end of the season, he was not in a good place. He was asked to stop by reporters to talk to them. He eventually did and said a sort of like hot headed comment right basically said I'm out. I did not think he handled that well. I thought he handled today very well. He was apologetic, he explained himself. He sort of set the records straight and set a better path moving forward, knowing that what he did ascid and come off the field was just not cool.
Speaker 1: This was a very good.
Speaker 9: Version of Tyreek Hill that the Miami Dolphins saw today and to me, barring something insane which sometimes we see in this NFL, in the NFL offseason, it seems like Tyreek Hill is not going anywhere.
Speaker 6: We take this back to Miles Garrett, who started the week with a public trade request I remember and said that he took the time after the season to really reflect before he made what he called the toughest decision of his life. This is why, because you're in that moment, you're in the locker room, let's say after a game late in the season. You're disappointed, certainly if you're Tyreek Hill, you're thinking about the possibility of your former team once again going to the Super Bowl, and you had visions of doing that with the Miami Dolphins, and that hasn't really happened. This is why the players take the time a lot of times before they make those decisions. And that's why maybe perhaps Tyreek Hill should have done that, why Miles Garrett should have done that. I'm stalling. I'm waiting for them to fix what's happening in Tom's ear. I'm pretty sure that was happening. That's why I was leaning off camera. I don't know if we've got it. Hello, do you have us?
Speaker 1: Last night? A lot of construction vehicles dying around somebody somebody rader. The technology continue to come through. We got the monitor blanket. I can't hear a thing. You know what we do have though, We got an NFL game in Dublin, Ireland, now official, long rumored and believed it was going to happen, It's gonna be the Steelers serving as the host team of the twenty twenty five NFL Dublin Game, a huge moment, certainly for the Rooney family. Getting to go to Ireland for the Steelers and the NFL tapping into yet another international market. We have a lot more to come here on Insiders. That includes another look at this game on Sunday, Super Bowl fifty nine. It's the Chiefs and the Eagles. What type of difference could the head coaches make Andy Reid versus Nick Sirianni for the second time in three years? Coming up after this, we had Texans wide receiver Nico Collins joining the show. A wild sea in Houston, there were injuries, there was a late season run took the Chiefs to the limit. What is Nico looking at moving forward after the team changed offensive cordators. What are the expectations next season and beyond rap We'll talk about it next on The Insiders presented by DraftKings Sportsbook. I was shocked to find out a couple of minutes ago that this was the first time this guy has made a Pro Bowl Texans wide receiver Nico Collins, but a monster year in twenty twenty three, was an alternate this year. That's a little bit of miss time. Still put up another thousand yards to get it right. He's in the Pro Bowl now, he's with us on The Insiders. Nico Collins long with Ian rapport Tom PILISERA, how you doing.
Speaker 13: Man, I'm great, doing great. Kenke a plane out here in New Orleans. Enjoin it, you know, super Bowl weekend. No complaints at all.
Speaker 1: So what goes on for you after the season? You are you a getaway immediately guy? You get right back into train, Like, how.
Speaker 13: Do you I feel like right after the season, I'm more I like to lay on the couch, keep my feet up, a little bit, relaxed, couch snaps, you know, eat food and really relaxed in my mind of everything. And then I might take a book, a trip, you know what I mean? My girl, might you know, do that? But well, I feel like for the most part, I'm a real tale guy for the season.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, so.
Speaker 1: This was a I think it's a fair to say it's a weird season. Okay for the Texans. You guys have all the talent, you bringing extra dudes. Everybody gets hurt, including you, right early on in the season. You fight your way back, you get into the playoffs again here, but then you end with another you know, disappointment. You take the Chiefs to the wire, but you end in disappointment. Again, how do you assess the twenty twenty four seasons specifically for the Houston Texas.
Speaker 13: I mean, I feel like, yeah, you said it, man, it was Doe with a lot of injuries, we kind of went down, you know what I'm saying. But I feel like, man, we got the right pieces, the right people, the right coaches in the right positions, and I feel like we know the type of guys we have in the locker room, and I feel like we know where we want to go, and I feel like the main things has got to be healthy, man, just continue to be ourselves and taking one game at a time. You know, we know we know what type of energy, no type of people we have, and you know what type of games we can't really go and prevail, you know what I'm saying. So I feel like for us, we got to continue to grow, continue to take one game at a time, and just have fun to be us.
Speaker 9: You guys have had some changes on your coaching staffs Obviously Bob Sloa is out, Nick Keyley is in.
Speaker 6: Sir, what did you think of the change?
Speaker 9: And then have you what do you know about Nick Kelly the offensive problem?
Speaker 13: I don't know, I don't know much about Nick Keyley, but I know from his previous years at the Rams.
Speaker 3: You know, they had a great offense, the supposed to offense.
Speaker 13: You know, just watching Pooka Cup just go crazy, you know, just watch the guys run around the field make plays. So I'm assuming, man, you know, it's gonna be the same way when he comes. You know, I can't wait to meet him, you know. So it's gonna be a great year for us, you know, new OC. But I feel like we got the same guy, same mindset, you know, coming ready to work, you know, can't wait to meet him, get ready for OTAs, learn to playbook, you know, and get going.
Speaker 1: So despite all those challenges you guys had this season, you gave the Chiefs one of the toughest games they had in the playoffs. If you're advising the egos, somebody calls you. It was just like, hey, how do we get after these guys? What will be your advice?
Speaker 13: You got to go all out, man, be sharp on your details.
Speaker 3: Man. That's a that's a great team. That's a great unit. It's the reason why they go back to back every year.
Speaker 13: So when the it's the reason why they win man, that's a solid team, and I feel like in order to beat them, boys, man, you got to be sharp on your details.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 13: It's always that that one player or that one thing. Once you cut that film off, like that could have been the difference, you know what I'm saying. And I feel like that's that's where we are. I feel like that's that's the next step we gotta take. You know, we got we got all the pieces, all the right piece in the world, man, and but in order to get here, I feel like we gotta take that step.
Speaker 3: And I feel like we will definitely.
Speaker 1: So you mentioned taking that step. Your quarterback c J.
Speaker 9: Stroud is, I would say, actually sort of in a similar position to you, where he has established himself as really really good but has won a playoff game, but it's not gotten to where obviously Jalen Hurts and Patrick Mahomes has gotten. How good do you think CJ can be and when do you think he will be? In that conversation with some of.
Speaker 13: These guys is great, He's great now, you know since he game men, man, you could tell his his mindset and leadership to lead is amazing. You know, the way he carry himself, he doesn't doesn't feel like a rookie, you know now the second year, you know that doesn't felt like that, you know, but a dude special, Man the Scott's living for him and you can see it every Sunday.
Speaker 3: Every every rep, you know, every any ball he throws. Man, dude, he got it.
Speaker 13: And I feel like for us, just continue to grow, continue to find that next step and continue to have that growth mindset. You know, I feel like, man, the Scott's living for everybody on the team, and I just can't wait for next year. Everybody get back in the building. Man, So we just pick up where we left off. You know, we left bad taste, you know in our mouths, you know, leaving case.
Speaker 3: You know. So we know what it takes. We know what we gotta do to make.
Speaker 13: That next jump, and so I feel like we all decided and locked in right now.
Speaker 1: Honestly impact the internal expectations, I know, you guys always are shooting. Everybody's trying to win a championship. But yeah, twenty twenty three, you're like the surprise team. You're fun and ain't to make ce J They're caught out of nowhere. This year, you have more pressure on you and again it was a bumpy season. You still got there. Yeah, but are you starting to get to that point where it's, hey, we gotta we gotta get to the super We gotta win.
Speaker 3: Disapoint Yeah, like you said, man, like we know what it takes.
Speaker 13: Were right there, you know, we're just right there, barely, Like, we're right there. Man, it's one game away. And I feel like, just for us, man, we we know what it takes, and we got to have everybody available around that time, straight towards the back end of the season. Man, it's a marathon, you know, And I feel like that's that's when you gotta be playing your best ball, you know, if you want to continue to go where you want to go. And for us is we gotta we gotta figure it out, and I feel like we will.
Speaker 3: I'm not stretching about it.
Speaker 13: I love this team, man, I love the guys, and I can't wait to link over everybody when we get back in the building for sure.
Speaker 9: All right, let's nerd out a little bit. Okay, we got some great receivers this game. We got A J. Brown, we got Davante Smith for sure, we got DeAndre Hopkins. Yeah, what do you like about their games. Take me through what you see on the field from from those guys.
Speaker 1: Which one you know?
Speaker 9: Yeah, just kind of take me through some of the receivers, like Davante, what do you like?
Speaker 1: Aj What do you like?
Speaker 3: Brown Man?
Speaker 1: A J.
Speaker 13: Brown is a dog, is physical, the way he just runs, slants man, the way he gets open, it's easy.
Speaker 3: Davante, Vonte smith Man, this light on his feet.
Speaker 13: You know, he's I feel like he's na He's a playmaker, game changer, you know what I'm saying. Those receivers are nice man, and I feel it's gonna be a great match up this Sunday. It is you see the wild I was, go out there and make have fun, make plays.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: A J.
Speaker 13: Brown Man, I'm watching him for a while, especially an old miss man. I love his game a little way. He just go bout his business man him and Devonte smith bro I just I love it, you know. So I can't wait to watch some boys, you know, Shane on Sunday.
Speaker 1: So next year. Yeah, you want to go to Pro Bowl games this year, but you know that means also you're not in this game. Six time games in Santa Class. Seeing you there, Gil, Thanks you understopping man.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me. Thank you so much.
Speaker 6: Look, I hear your Chiefs fatigue and your hate for the Eagles and all that stuff that you've been talking about for two weeks.
Speaker 1: Folks.
Speaker 6: We're inside forty eight hours to what's going to be a really good football game for Super Bowl fifty nine, and to let you know more about that, we've got our cameraon Wolf and uh Jane Slater at the team hotels. Hi, Judabatista, you're with me, My Calfolo. Here's where back on the insiders, Cam, Andy Reid been here, done that. What have you gleaned from the Chiefs players this week and the assistant coaches with regard to how he's handled this week and how his coaching style has maybe morphed over the years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mike, We've got an excellent game with excellent coaching staffs here. But Chiefs players I talked to talked a lot about the Andy Reid factor and they say it starts in training camp for him, the Chiefs regularly have one of the most grueling training camp practices, and when I talked to Patrick Mahomes about it, he said that Reed really wants them to start from the bottom he said, we've won obviously two titles in a row, but Andy Reid make sure we are not complacent, that.
Speaker 3: We don't get full of ourselves.
Speaker 2: And then as you go through the season, he gives us elements of fun. You know, we've seen some of their trick plays, the Merry go Round plays. He can he's sixty six years old, but he can bring a thirty six year old youthfulness with it. And I thought Travis Kelcey explained it well when he said, early in my career, me and Andy Reed didn't necessarily get along great, you know, but now I love him so much. I owe my career to him. Players have talked about how well he adjusts in game and throughout the season to whatever they need. Throughout this practice week, they went helmets all week, not a lot.
Speaker 4: Of heavy practice load.
Speaker 2: That's Andy Reid knowing his team early in the season went hard lighter later in the season.
Speaker 1: He could win this.
Speaker 2: Week and get his fourth Super Bowl title, would tie him second most among head coaches. And I had a Chiefs player ask me why is Andy Reid up more frequently for Coach of the Year, which is a excellent question. He continues to win, He continues to do it his way, and the Chiefs know that if they win on Sunday, it'll be because of their discipline started by Andy Reid, not any other reason.
Speaker 10: All right, Jane, on my notes here it says I'm supposed to ask you Nick Sirianni superstitious, which might be the least surprising news of the entire week, that Nick Sirianni is superstitious? Tell Us, is Nick Sirianni superstitious?
Speaker 4: He's actually not superstitious.
Speaker 5: And I love that Cameron is wearing green right now at the Chiefs Hotel because that helps illustrate my point.
Speaker 4: He actually says he does the opposite of and Andrew Groover.
Speaker 5: My producer reminded me, it's very George Costanza of him.
Speaker 4: I feel like Mike Garafalo is going to get that reference.
Speaker 3: You know it.
Speaker 4: It's opposite.
Speaker 5: So he said, if he sat on a bench for one thing, and then somebody notices, hey, we lost that game and you were sitting on that bench, then he moves to the other side of the bench. And so I went out and got a full red outfit to wear on Sunday since I feel like because I'm covering the Eagles.
Speaker 4: I sort of owe it to them, so we'll.
Speaker 5: Do opposite of He said it used to be superstitious, but he said it got really old having to make sure you were always wearing the same suck or the same shoes or the same shirt. So, you know, it's just those little nuggets that I find interesting at leading up to the week. You know, if he saw me looking behind me earlier. We've got players that have been coming and going. That's because it's family night.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: They had a two hour grueling practice and the heat yesterday. It's really warm down here. It's kind of gotten a little bit better today. Not as human, but they knocked out the tough one yesterday. Today a bit more of just situational stuff in the red zone. They did some team drills. Tomorrow it'll be a mock game, it'll be the team picture. But right now it's just all about finalizing the details, the fundamentals. And on Sunday, I'm going to talk about my conversation with Frank Reich. You know, a lot this week was made from Sirianni about who we learned from, you know, who were his mentors.
Speaker 4: And the one thing that Frank Reich said that.
Speaker 5: Stood out about Nick Sirianni was just his attention to detail those little fundamentals. It's the little things that make him so great. But yeah, the city is buzzing, guys, players at least getting a little bit of a breather. You can tell by yesterday they were sort of tired of talking to us, and quite frankly, what more can you ask them at this point? So I think we're all just waiting for kickoff. And as you guys said, we are in the forty eight hour window.
Speaker 10: Cam Jane, thank you. Go out there and enjoy the city tonight. And when we return on The Insiders, we are going to get a next Gen Stats preview of the Super Bowl and we're going to find out how Super Bowl fifty seven may play a role in Super Bowl sixty nine.
Speaker 1: When we returned, let's bring in Sam schwartzting Prime Video and Thursday Night Football's analytics expert to use next Gen Stats to preview a Super Bowl remance. Sam, both these teams come in with seventeen wins. They got there in different ways. What's similar about the Eagles and Chiefs?
Speaker 7: Yeah, both offenses are great. They have really stout defenses. But it's their ability to do lights fourth down that's made them special offenses this season, both ranking near the top of the success rate when that's looking at how often are you helping your team's chance to win on converting those scenarios, and both are upwards of seventy percent in conversion. But they're very different. The Chiefs have around like the sixth lowest yards to go on fourth down and the Eagles have the second lowest yards to go on fourth down. Mahomes will utilize his legs to convert, but when you see the Eagles up there, get ready to experience the tush push or the brotherly shove. You know.
Speaker 3: Hopefully we don't.
Speaker 7: Have some official come in and say, hey, we got to reward a touchdown, but really utilizing those fourth downs is going to be key for both teams.
Speaker 1: We've got a pretty good idea how Patrick malom is going to perform in a big game. Right, How does Jalen Hurts play? What do the numbers tell us about it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's all about will he be able to convert win its under pressure? Because he's one of the best quarterbacks when he is not pressured. When you're looking at not pressured His EPA per dropback is fourth in the NFL. Now, EPA per dropback is a measurement of how much are you helping your team's chances of scoring based on down distance, locational field. It really contextualizes the yards that they get, and he's one of the best. It drops to nearly negative point three p nine EPA per dropback when he's under pressure, and he should expect that. We saw what Steve Spagnola was able to do last time on the AFC Championship game to be able to bring those cover zero blitz is meaning all out blitz to try and get that pressure. And that's exactly what Jailer Hurts is going to seats on Sunday.
Speaker 1: At times over the last couple of seasons, it's almost seemed like the Chiefs can just kind of get by with good enough September, October, November, then they kind of turn it on this guys like Travis Kelcey, who played a whole lot of games. What have you seen that's different with the Chiefs now that we're in postseason.
Speaker 7: Top Yeah, they're gonna get everyone's best in the regular season and they're just gonna hold on. But what Patrick Mahomes does so well is his ability to utilize his legs come postseason air. In the regular season, he only scrambled five percent of the time. It's up till fifteen percent of his dropbacks that he's able to get on the run and get those yards on those running plays or being able to move outside the pocket. Now, here's the key stat. We just showed you what EPA was.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 7: When you look at the scramble EPA plus the sack EPA, we call that scrack EPA. He's the only quarterback that has zero right now in the NFL. Everyone else is negative.
Speaker 1: Is that scrack?
Speaker 7: We got some scrack scrack scrack EPA. We call him new Stats every week, Tom.
Speaker 1: This is our scrack man. He's the analytics expert for third stand football, next gen stat Sam Schwartzee, thanks left for being here. E'll sees man. We appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Tom.
Speaker 1: The NFL's most prestigious honor, the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award, given last night to Eric Armstead, the Jaguars standout defensive lineman who does so much in the community, including for literacy efforts, and he gave one heck of a speech at NFL Honors.
Speaker 12: And even though I'm being honored tonight, I don't feel that tonight is about me or organization. Tonight is about all you in this room, right here and everyone watching at home. We live in a world that constantly tries to divide us, whether that's politically, economically, racially, sexual orientation that we're constantly being divided.
Speaker 3: But I believe in humanity. I believe that we are all.
Speaker 12: I believe that we're all more alike than we are different, and I believe that all of us have the power to be the change that we want to see in our society. And no actors too big and no actors too small. But I just encourage you to try to be a blessing in someone else's life and see how that changes your life. Let's define success by new metrics, not by the things that we acquire, but by how many people we positively impact. And this is a night that I'll never never forget. And I thank you, and I appreciate you, and have a good night.
Speaker 1: Time now for Active Mike, presented by the Wells Fargo Active Cash credit card, also honored last night and unveiled the twenty twenty five class for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Jared Allen a very deserving selection, one of the greatest past treasures of his era. Also getting in that man Eric Allen, the longtime Eagles defensive back who caught up with our Steve White.
Speaker 3: Eric. Was it worth the wait? Yes, it was, of course it was worth the wait, you know.
Speaker 14: And like like I told you before, I think when you talk about time, eventually it reveals the truth and it's just a matter of time.
Speaker 3: But it was a perfect situation.
Speaker 14: You and Randall at the door couldn't been any better in this small class. But Sterling Sharpe, me and him were battling coming out of college in All Star games.
Speaker 1: We have a great relationship.
Speaker 14: He's, matter of fact, the only guy I would talk to on the football field while playing. We always were cracking like trash talkers, both of us, you know, like, stop holding me, Sterling, you're cheating right now. I'm talking to the rest. Tell him, hey man, this do this too big? You should be playing full back instead of receiver. So it was a perfect day, you know, I just couldn't have wish it anybody. The only thing you think about is all those people were able to pour things into me who are not going to be able to be here, you know, And that's the only thing other than that. Man, it's just been a wonderful, wonderful experience.
Speaker 6: How much of a weekend would it be you going to the hall and your Eagles walk out.
Speaker 3: With the Lombardo.
Speaker 14: Ah, that's why it's perfect, right. The birds are here to fly, And I mean it's a perfect scenario, perfect setting. I played here for a couple of years in New Orleans. But the birds are here and ready to fly. They have a complete football team. Guys, we know they're going to get.
Speaker 1: The dub Okay.
Speaker 6: So there it is, the prediction and the gold jacket.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, Yeah, I appreciate you, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Four years ago today, Tom Brady got Super Bowl win number seven on the seventh of February as the Buccaneers beat the Chiefs in Super Bowl fifty five. Tom Brady, in comments released by Fox, which of course, will be working that game for on Sunday, said, but if Patrick Mahomes gets a third stretch Super Bowl, something bra he never did, nobody will be happier than me. I don't wait, I don't know at all. Oh way, it's a it's a magnanimous way of saying, nobody is happier than me. That Nick from our IT department was able to figure out that when our comms were going out repeatedly as we sit here in an active construction zone, it was because for cliffs were driving over the wire that is taped down. So shout out to Nick that everybody around us, it's like men and tits.
Speaker 6: When he's like, this ain't exactly the Mississippi.
Speaker 1: I'm on the east bank. I'm on the west bank. That's our man. He's standing there, he's guarding, he's holding the Lineyan.
Speaker 9: It's impressive, and I think to make this operation work, it takes more than us just blabbering nonsense for a while. It takes an entire village. This crew is awesome. We gotta go, Yeah, we gotta go. Okay, I'm done, that's true.
Speaker 1: We're good. I'm done.
Speaker 3: Goodbye.
Speaker 1: Thirty seconds left.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: I don't know what this is, but let them do their thing, all right, they're leaving like everybody else. Yeah, take off the jacket, MIC before you go through this. We wouldn't want your jacket to get wrinkled in the midst of whatever the hell this is? Okay, now we got it. You know, of all the things I thought might happen, Garafalo nearly dying while jumping on a golf cart not high on list. Guess what. We still have another Insiders Tomorrow, seven pm. Mays to not to say you good stuff. Everybody, thank you,