Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Football Club Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Hecma Harrison, and Newie Scrugs.
Speaker 3: Players LOUNGEE pre Thanksgiving Listen brought to you by Tostitos. You know the players, Dan Cray, Barry Church here at the Start Frisco home of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: I'm merely new Scrugs as we get you ready for.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys and Commandos three pm Central Time at and T Stadium, the first of three Thanksgiving their games.
Speaker 2: Detroit obviously kicks it off.
Speaker 3: They got Jack Harlow doing the halftime show, and then it's the Cowboys and Commanders. They've got Dolly Partners a halftime show and then the night game on NBC.
Speaker 4: They've got the forgot who the somebody when you said little chuckle, But I didn't mean to disrespect her in any way because Dolly Partner is a national treasure.
Speaker 5: We all know that somebody got Steve up there. The yeah, yeah, that's that's last.
Speaker 3: Jerry Jerry's limits. Jerry like them country artists. They bring out them country arts.
Speaker 5: It's some people going to the game just so they can see State Steve.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, and there's gonna be some folks who want to go see Dolly Party. I mean, hey, look, that's the beauty of this in the NFL has found out a way to take a Thanksgiving Thanksgiving Day and make their showcase games work. And you guys have played in it for the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: It is it is you.
Speaker 3: I grew up on it that man. It was alriight, three o'clock, you know whatever, we need to stop three.
Speaker 2: Was it always a triple header though I can remember?
Speaker 5: So it was.
Speaker 3: It was Detroit and Dallas and Lamar Hunt who's from Dallas, who owns the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 2: They started a Dallas Texans.
Speaker 3: He was one who was like, you know what, we need to take that game and move it around.
Speaker 2: And you know, Jerry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not that's that's yeah, yeah, that's that's not happening. And the Cowboys and the Lions they played the game when nobody else wanted to play. But then all of a sudden, like things like oh, look at all the publicity. Look and oh, by the way, the advantage you got to come to us, So now you know people want that, Hey, how do you do it?
Speaker 2: Lamar Hunt was trying to do it.
Speaker 3: And then Jerry being the genius as he is, and okay, and the TV community, how do we make this happen? Oh, by the way, NBC, you've got Sunday night football. How about you do this Thanksgiving Day primetime game. Now we've got another game. It's football all day. More money, more money, more money. And this is the beat the National Football League to change. And now other teams get the opportunity to participate in Thanksgiving Day as well. But Detroit kicking off the day, then the Cowboys and three o'clock game, and then you know, a rotating that game here. It works for the league. Man, it's beautiful. Now the league is, hey, we're gonna do a back Friday game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a good one. So I think it's like Miami and somebody to a time to step up for.
Speaker 5: The fantasy time.
Speaker 2: But so so this is this is the beauty of what it is. And it was just my thing.
Speaker 3: Now I just you know, I go there and do my shows and stuff. But for you guys, your first Thanksgiving Day.
Speaker 6: Game, remember what it was Washington, for sure, I believe it was New Orleans.
Speaker 5: It was Rod Williams. It was Williams that was caught.
Speaker 4: The going down game we're about to win, had just proposed, you know, two weeks earlier, emailed the ring or not emailed, mailed the ring and all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: And then who got him? I thought it was Mike Michael Jenkins.
Speaker 5: I know he made him fumble, he did.
Speaker 4: Made him fumble with the one. Then they proceeded to go down the field and beat on us. So yeah, that was the That was the first day beat us.
Speaker 2: From then on out it was over with. Yeah, yeah, the the that was.
Speaker 5: A rough one.
Speaker 3: Since Jerry World Open, Thanksgiving Day games have been interesting. You know, you can't count on that dove like he used to. I mean at time Colby number one one Cole Beasley ran up in there and they carried him off like Rudy.
Speaker 5: So I was just looking at it.
Speaker 2: I was like, man, I can't remember beat one on Thanksgiving. RG three got us, got us a couple of times.
Speaker 3: R G three, Andy Reid and the Chiefs came in she Cha right before the halftime and this was some stuff. Richard rich Pisatia and the Raiders a couple of years ago came into one in overtime. So this is not the hey, hey, the sweet dub it used to be. But Vegas thinks that it is tomorrow as they've got. The Cowboys is a twelve point favorite against the Commando ten versus Carolinas road game. Cowboys not better Homey's not better at home, but.
Speaker 6: They think are better than the fan. I mean, listen, I'm not in Vegas. It don't matter how you know.
Speaker 5: It's all right.
Speaker 6: You missed yesterday, you know, so we get to like why we think that this could be a scary game, or why may now or why you know whatever? So you know you missed that yesterday, but we'll get in there.
Speaker 2: To me, it's it's scary.
Speaker 3: Gag has won this Division two that got embarrassed by Tommy DeVito, and just when we think, hey, you're about to get smashed, you never know where they rise up.
Speaker 2: So so no, I would not.
Speaker 5: I would.
Speaker 2: I actually picked Washington to cover in the game.
Speaker 5: That's a smart bet.
Speaker 2: So I took Washington to cover in the game.
Speaker 3: And uh and the Cowboys to win it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but this is not And you guys have played the game.
Speaker 3: You get folks who hey man, we got Since we got to come down here on national TV, we might as well try and get us a done lead.
Speaker 2: You know, we're gonna make this easy.
Speaker 6: So with that being said, they are a team that is kind of they just up and down right.
Speaker 5: You never know who's gonna show up.
Speaker 6: We compared we compared them with Howell to like Ryan Fitzpatrick that year when it was fitz magic, right, and then you go out there one weekend they had five or six tonchdowns and everybody's like, yeah, Ryan Fitzpatrick, he's the man. And then next week you see him throw three interceptions. And that's what we've seen out of Sam Howell. And coming in on Thanksgiving, you just don't know which one of those teams is going to show up or which Sam Howell is going to show up. If the good Sam Howell shows up, this will be a competitive game.
Speaker 3: I was surprised when I was in the game as Charlotte Howell the Panthers in the first half they were running. They were running, And if I'm an Eric b enemy, to me, it's real simple man, we got to run. We'll try to establish our run and keep Dak Prescott and the Cowboy offense off the field. So this is this is not I mean, I have more respect in the division game.
Speaker 2: And you guys get that. These Division game people know it.
Speaker 3: They had a whole lot of secrets going on in the division game comes down, the execution comes down, and want to and and are the Cowboys gonna come out here and put these dudes down like they need to? From jump we'll see and Charlotte Panthers sitting up in here feeling a little bit. And then they couldn't protect my man and it broke down and we got some point game here in the third quarter, and then they things changed. But the painters fought. That was the biggest thing they fought. Uh, they saw these Cowboy fans run up.
Speaker 5: In the stadium.
Speaker 3: You have Jerry, Jerry gonna take over the TV broadcast before the game for the announcement and then they had the press conference after. So they do that thing on TV and then they walk in. It's like, I don't know, fifty game starts at the top of the ass. Was fifty past the hour, No, lie, man, they were still talking and kicked off.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, we always you can see. We had the center, Jerry, and then the game one on another.
Speaker 3: I had the I had the uh, I had the last question, the next question, and then Tad Tad shut it off. Cowboys pr guy and now so because yeah, we gotta go. The games already started in Lo and behold boy Jerry b J he walked out. All right, guys, games going on. I gotta get up here and cost some place.
Speaker 5: He's the bad.
Speaker 2: Think about man.
Speaker 3: He came there, came in the David Temple's house, well hold us of press commers.
Speaker 2: We'll go national TV. We had took over the place.
Speaker 3: Man, it truly was. And then a couple of riots. Man, it's Disrespectful's wrong?
Speaker 5: Is it really?
Speaker 3: Because if you're David Temper, they had there there was gonna be a fan walk out the week before got called off.
Speaker 2: But fans are so mad. It's full.
Speaker 3: That means parking, that means concessions. I mean they're not your fans, but they paid.
Speaker 6: Your fansy, it's gonna be a Carolina fans walk out now that dallads Cowboys fan walk out.
Speaker 3: When I'm good, So some of my people, I knew the smart ones sold ticket because you can sell it three times.
Speaker 5: Got to take that.
Speaker 3: Right, So you know team is bad. You and you know how to Chickens were. But when you own those season tickets, man, there's certain games. Did you say, Man, if I can sell it for three times the amount and put it back towards next year's a lot you do it.
Speaker 2: That's a cowboy game, and cowboy fan pays. Cowboy fan pays.
Speaker 3: And they showed up, man, and they said it was it was Panthers. I wasn't surprised that they fought.
Speaker 2: I just wasn't.
Speaker 3: I mean, still got some pride in them, and they just could sustain it. And I think Washington will fight tomorrow. I don't know how long they can fight. And then you know they still go out and make kind of kill the mistakes they do.
Speaker 5: But listen.
Speaker 6: And that was a point I wanted to make too about last week, Like they lost the game, all right, but it was very close for the amount of turnovers that they gave away. Come on the Panthers, Yeah no, come on, Like the way they played the game and still had a chance to win at the end. Let you know that there's still a competitive competitive team, all right, because the ain't no way that game should have been nowhere close. So you go out there and you watch them, I'm just going back to Arizona, like we lost to Arizona. They played Arizona will and that's why you know a little nervous. They're gonna fight the entire game unless you come out in the first half and you have them down by twenty one, twenty eight points. If they have a deficit where it's like it's a two toes down that they're gonna fight until the end of the game until you force them to quit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no question.
Speaker 4: If you go out there and it's seventeen to ten in the fourth quarter like it was last week, you gonna have a fight on your hands. I mean, regardless of what's going on, you're gonna have a fight on hands. It's like you said, it's a division game. Sam Howe, he's such a rollercoaster this year, Like he said, one day he's looking like Pat Mahomes. The next day he's looking like my guy Gilbert out there. So when you go at it like that, this team has the weapons on the outside, Like there's no slouches in their skill group from wide receiver one, the tight end one to the running backs. They got the skill position to go there. Like I was talking about a couple days ago, I just think they're one quarterback away from really competing in the NFC East. But when you talk about it, if Sam how comes in here on his game, which we all know he's capable of doing, he can are you a bit. And these weapons on the outside can do your damage. I'm not worried about you know Bland on his you know Alan over there, Gilly on his Islan over there. I think they can hold it down no matter who's going out there against those guys. But like we talked about yesterday, that interior part you're talking about the slot receiver, tight end, Gibson, out the backfield, Robinson, Brian Robinson out the backfield as well. They can cause you damage. They can cause you damage out. So so that's the matchup. I'm looking forward to the inside, the numbers, the slot receivers, the tight ends, the running backs. Can that defense for the Cowboys handle that which we we've seen in the past. They can do, But they're also susceptible to some runs up the gut, So we'll see how how much the enemy sticks with the running game because we know he's a past happy guy and that will fault right into Dan Quinn's lap.
Speaker 3: Jayron Kurse some Mike McCarthy today talked about if he if he can go today, then then he go, then he'll he'll go tomorrow. But he said if he's not going to that, it's pretty much telling you everything you need over So, yeah, Jayron Kurse may not play tomorrow and and so that'll have to to make their adjustments from there, but that there's a player that could could be out against.
Speaker 4: He's your tight end guys, usually the guy that's going down there, pressing, locking up on these tight ends. So you know that opens the door for I think it was in there at Jane Thomas. Might you might get some reps in there.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure is Onuamo Onamo then you've got yeah, so some guys in there.
Speaker 2: Basically I'm looking for.
Speaker 3: Thomas at that point toime see what he can do, and I think he's got I think he's got a.
Speaker 2: Good future for the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Were to look at one of these pieces, Okay, look here here's the guy that we can can look towards. So it's it's it's not gonna be easy, man, but but it should. It should be a Cowboy victory. I'm counting on the Cowboys to win this. I just I just think it's gonna take a little longer than folks thinking. You know, it's National Football League.
Speaker 5: It took longer than it should have took taken last week. You take the.
Speaker 2: Penalties out, Yeah, I mean that's a that's a big swing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And give me your thoughts on it.
Speaker 6: So last week and this this is just a touch on last week with how the offense look against the Carolina Panthers versus how they look against the Giants. Do you feel confident right? Because we were looking for time proof and consistency of like what you saw against the Giants, can you then mirror that against another team who has one win, who shouldn't even be in the game, and then carry that on through the rest of the season based off what you saw against the Carolina Panthers. Is that time proof and consistency building? Or do you feel like we took a step back.
Speaker 3: There were two things that stood out to me, go back to the division game. The secrets they knew what to do. You just know what the Giants, you know, you've already played him here and now you got the Beato out there day. They were ready to go. They knew, they knew all that they could do. So I think that that's that's a difference. On the road, they are a different team. I mean, there's just no doubt about the Cowboys or a different different team on the road.
Speaker 6: And just our offense, I think as a team over there because I played.
Speaker 2: Well because the way they were giving up the RUMs and they were running on them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think. I don't think we've been able to stop the run. For the last couple of years. We still haven't settled on like hey we have into your defensive line.
Speaker 2: You mother just got something.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so that that was, like I said, okay, so and and look and the Panthers had they had a bye week, they made some change.
Speaker 2: They truly.
Speaker 3: I mean they heard all week long, man, because I was I was listening to Carolina Radio. We all talk about this game on Monday and the slaughter I don't saying no way they can win. I mean all they heard all week long is you about to go get sacrificed on the spike And and and that.
Speaker 2: Was you guys played you hear it? So they came out.
Speaker 5: Ready to like you're about to be on the fence with Joe because you ate.
Speaker 3: But but but for me, the run game concerned me, like you play somebody, good man. This is you know, you sitting up here in a fight with these guys and they're running on you unconcerned. And I've just said, like I said somebody before, you can't win the super Bowl. You can't even get to a super Bowl if you can't stop the run. And this is still a concern for me. And if I'm Washington, I'm trying to figure out how do we run this football? How do we keep that Cowboys Cowboys offense off the field. And then you start to say to yourself, can you beat the elite teams in the league. That's the question for the Cowboys. Yes you can beat the Carolina Panthers. Yes you can beat Washington. Can you beat Philly? Can you beat San Francisco? The teams that you're looking at here that have the ability to go to book right now, you have to say no. You have to say no. So it's it ain't good offensively.
Speaker 6: What do you feel because I feel like I may be on the island by myself and then and that's okay, you're talking.
Speaker 2: About the past.
Speaker 6: So we talked about coming out of the Giants game. Nobody really felt better about it, but we did feel like, hey man, we opened up a few things by getting Brandon Cooks involved making sure that he was getting enough targets to be impactful in the game.
Speaker 5: And we're like, okay, hey man, if.
Speaker 6: You go continue to do this with a guy like Brandon Cooks to make sure that you have all these weapons and you putting that on tape for future teams that you're gonna play, then we feel better about how we are moving into the moving through the season. And then you get into the Carolina Panthers and your office when you move and score score some points. But it didn't look like like the beat down that I thought it was gonna be, or at least the players that I thought were gonna stand out to continue that momentum of moving they didn't.
Speaker 5: They didn't stand out. There.
Speaker 3: There was no buck fifty for CD Lamb and take it. No, it wasn't that. It wasn't it wasn't that. But I also just from telling you just for me, the feeling I got out of it was just man, them dudes came over there to fight.
Speaker 2: Man, it's we'd at home.
Speaker 3: You all got the crowd up here by talking trash back, I'm gonna least stand here fight. And they fought until they couldn't couldn't do it anymore. And I think that Washington is going We're going to I anticipate this Washington game of being the same kind. They're gonna fight you. They're just not gonna roll over for I mean, this is you know, everybody right say any more East Carolina. You know, even though they're not good, I expect the Cowboys win. But I think the I think Washington will fight.
Speaker 4: Because if you look at it, when you look at the Washington weapons, they got the ability to even if they're down ten points, fourteen points, they can strike back quick as heck. If you look at you know what the teams that the Cowboys have played so far and have you know, have got a dub against you look at the you know, the Giants, we all know what they're That outfit is the Patriots, Mac Jones and them was terrible. The Jets, I mean Chargers, we all know what they're doing. Out West, which is is nothing. So to me, you look at it, this team has yet to beat a team with a winning record. Now, I understand, you can only play who's in front of you, and I will give Mike McCarthy and his team credit because the teams that they have put in front of them, they haven't They just beat them down. Outside of this you know, Carolina game, which at the end of the day, the score was, you know, it was a lot to a little bit. But they've beating those teams down. So I got to give those guys credit. But when it comes to beating teams with a winning record, you had a couple opportunities San Francisco and Philadelphia. Philadelphia, offensively, you played excellent, but that defense was kind of leaky, giving up a lot of those points. We would say it wasn't their best performance defensively. In San Francisco, it was just a blowout from the beginning. So when we talk about getting into this back half of this schedule and you know, keeping up with the Eagles, I'm sure we'll talk about that.
Speaker 5: In a little bit.
Speaker 4: But the Cowboys have got their show that they can beat these teams that are I wouldn't say contenders, but have winning records that at least competitive.
Speaker 2: So just look at the Commanders this year.
Speaker 3: They're a team that pretty much plays almost to the level of who they're playing against. While they got blown out by the Giants at home thirty one nineteen. You go back to the Seahawk game. It is twenty nine sixteen, I mean twenty nine, twenty six three point loss at Seattle.
Speaker 2: The Patriots. They win by three in.
Speaker 3: New England against the Eagles. They ended up losing thirty eight thirty one against the Giants, they lost fourteen to seven. They beat Atlanta twenty four to sixteen. Bears beat them down forty to twenty. When they faced the Eagles the first time this year was an overtime game thirty four to thirty one, in which they didn't do well. They're blown out the water against the Bills. They beat the Broncos in Denver by three. They beat the Cardinals twenty to six. So look, there is not a bad team.
Speaker 2: But they got.
Speaker 3: Issue beat Cincinnati in that was that was that was preseason. But they'll be around.
Speaker 2: That's this is the NFL team that gonna be around. Divisional opponent.
Speaker 3: You got it at home, but if you don't, you know what, you come out here throwing pig sixes, come out here not getting gap integrity. Next thing, you know, we got a game and we've seen what happens, like that Raider game a couple of years ago. Shut up here, made mistakes. Next thing, you know, these dudes feeling good. And next thing they went there out here winning, throwing bombs and winning. So you know this fool around you gonna find out.
Speaker 5: This is what it's just what scares me.
Speaker 6: Like like if I turn on the TV, I'm looking at my phone and it says Cowboys down by fourteen and the third quarter, Do I trust that our offense can or I wont that our defense can stop the running. And then also does our offense then have the firepower to make a comeback like that? Right because you might have to score seventeen straight at that point.
Speaker 2: I would be like I don't.
Speaker 5: I would be That's That's that's where I am with.
Speaker 6: Like, when you play a good team, Detroit gets out on you up ten points, right, then how do you play going into the third and fourth quarter?
Speaker 3: They play well with the lead, that's the Cowboys. They can they come back from you to see something right now we don't feel good about. You know, we don't have time, proof of consistency on it. There's no trust there, and that's just being legitimate. It's got our first break in here with Danny McRae and Barry Church and we scrutched. This is the Players on Body by Tosteels on Das Cowboys dot com radio.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 2: Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 6: I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants.
Speaker 5: To ask you, what's that sound.
Speaker 6: That's the sound of us magically trans forming our Smoothie bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a coolie or Patalia bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh starberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want a munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bowld unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 9: There is no eye in Dallas. There is no eye in the heart, either no eye in blue Star or in those star for that matter. And there's no eye. And how about them cowboys smear enough knows there's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing and experience that it's best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks home or away. We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eye in Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Fans smear enough we do game days.
Speaker 9: Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: Back to the players lounge.
Speaker 5: That's actually me, Ray Kettle, kickoff.
Speaker 3: You want to talk, you want talk about You're back on the players lounds right here, Radio, this is Barry Church eats a candy, eats a candy over Barry Church players. We're talking about the Cowboys that get ready to take on the Washington Commanders on Thanksgiving Day at AT and T Stadium halftime entertainment. It is the legendary greatness of Dolly Parton here all right, mister mcra.
Speaker 5: What you got hey? Listen?
Speaker 6: Uh? Head to a T and T Stadium on Saturday, December night to experience Rally Day presented by seat Geek. Take a tour of AT and T Stadium, get autographs from the Dallas Cowboys, cheerleaders and alumni play games head outside to the middle middle of lighthouse and even play on the field and don't forget to get your photo with Santa and Missus Claus. Visit at and T stadium dot com slash Rally days for tickets and more information.
Speaker 2: For that's smooth right there. I was.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 3: I like that, you know, go go see them people. Yeah, A D hooked up the swag bag. Baby, you're leaving with something.
Speaker 6: You got a new Trustee shirt yet what the shirt?
Speaker 2: So so they talked to me trying to come back and do another commencement speech. I was like, you know, let's work.
Speaker 3: Like gosh little if you guys want to roll out to Pembroke Man, be happy to have you guys come see, come.
Speaker 2: See what's near? Is it like nearest?
Speaker 5: Like a like Charlotte? Was it?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: No, it's not all right? All right, I'm gonna say yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: It was a two and a half hour drive for me from from from Charlotte back to Fadeville and then that then for Fairbell is another forty about forty minutes to get on and down in the Pimper.
Speaker 5: That's like too much driving journey west.
Speaker 3: My mom and dad got me, so I didn't have to do any driving. But the beauty of the trees. It's not like driving to Texas where it's it's you go to sleep because there's nothing there.
Speaker 2: But there's a lot, especially this time in the year to fall. Everything it looks good.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 2: So it's all it's all good. It's all good. So we talked about you man, We talked about church. Somebody dat But I.
Speaker 3: Got to show that the church man, that's what that's what the kids need to lead them, need to see the buried church safety scholarship man that you need to end down.
Speaker 2: Every year somebody gets some of that money.
Speaker 4: Number twenty three rockets in the country, right said, gonna pay his dudes.
Speaker 5: You got to start somewhere right there. They get top ten what they get. When he reached out, didn't go ahead.
Speaker 2: I just did it go up, Toledo Boosters. Is it still forty did go It might be?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: It might be the time they get no from church.
Speaker 2: No, they they really are not.
Speaker 3: Darius Lennard let go by the Baltimore Colts Outstanding Linebacker and the class of him is. He still participated in a Thanksgiving Turkey Day drive yesterday despite the fact.
Speaker 2: That he was better than me.
Speaker 5: Man, I tell you what. Let's go about coats Coats on Baltimore.
Speaker 3: No, I'm sorry, before you guys were born, they were the Baltimore Colts.
Speaker 2: And then they were was to Indianapolis in the middle of the night.
Speaker 5: They been there for a while.
Speaker 2: It's been there for a while. But you're doing the turkey drive.
Speaker 4: They released you the day before, the day before, and then he still went that day, man, and he still went.
Speaker 2: He went out there.
Speaker 6: Shout out to the good brother, id a turkey drive for myself, like I'm gonna go out there and buy some turkeys in them. I'm not gonna be with you. Y'all just released me in in the middle of the season. I got the right to be Meg, don't you know?
Speaker 4: He asked, you know, cause some veterans. But you know what, I don't like the situation. Let me get it out of here.
Speaker 3: But well, apparently this was this was the GM and the coach and that defensive gordonator Gus Brady, like he had he had no part of that. So they they and if you're the cowboys, and you should be interested, if you're the cowboys.
Speaker 2: How did they get to that point.
Speaker 3: But to me, he clears Waiver that that's a guy that Cowboys need to get on the phone, get him on the phone and just say, you know, and asked.
Speaker 2: EQ, okay, what could he do here?
Speaker 3: Because not only is the a guy you could bring in here potentially, this is a guy that I could see playing for the Cowboys next year if things go go.
Speaker 2: Right full ti, I'm all pro. So I don't know.
Speaker 3: And this is that part where you guys players would have to kind of dive and did they did did they lose.
Speaker 2: Something in him? What was going on?
Speaker 3: Did they reached that kind of point to Letty not just a good football player, but the leader.
Speaker 2: We'll get out the room look at it.
Speaker 4: I'm not so sure what the injuries were because I know, was it two years ago he was out for the season. It might have been a tour in a cl or something like that. So it was a major injury, I believe. And in this year he hasn't even seen the field, I don't think so, so he got to see what's going on with that injury history.
Speaker 2: But if he's a healthy you know, scratch and you know.
Speaker 4: He just didn't kind of get along with management and they were going in different ways. Get wasn't getting a lot of playing time. I mean, there's no doubt my mind. I would go out there and get him because I've been sitting there for the past couple of weeks saying even though marku Spell has been playing outstanding, when you talk about a guy that's flying all over the football field, when you go against some more physical teams and it gets colder and you got to go travel up to Philly or you gotta go to what the choice endoor, But anyways, you gotta go to a more physical team.
Speaker 5: They're gonna look cut.
Speaker 2: That, they're gonna run right down that alleyway.
Speaker 4: If you look at what Carolina did, where did they have their success right up the middle of that defense. So nothing against Marquis Bill because I believe he's an unbelievable third down kind of hybrid guy that can go out there and cover back or cover tight ends, cover running backs. But when you talk about a physical game and those three hundred pounders coming straight at you, it's tough when you're only two fifteen to.
Speaker 2: Get off of those.
Speaker 4: So I would put a fly on it just to see, you know, hey, you might want to come in here and the just add something to this defense.
Speaker 6: Yeah, in my experience as a young guy, that's that's keeping him off the field.
Speaker 5: And what do you do with a guy was a two time All Pro? Do you just right?
Speaker 6: You just keep he's inactive, he's not gonna play, you know, he's not gonna be a starter, or you give him opportunity to go ahead and get out there and possibly sign with another team. Hopefully that's the case. And it wasn't you know, a frustration with whoever. Hopefully the organization was doing the right thing by the guy and say, man, you're not gonna play here, all right, if we want to give you an opportunity to go sign with another team, hopefully a team that has a shot at making the playoffs and doing whatever.
Speaker 5: So hopefully that's what it is. But I have, I honestly have no.
Speaker 2: Idea because he's not old. I don't think.
Speaker 6: I mean, he's like still in his twenties. Yeah, yeah, I mean the injuries. Every every team doesn't deal with injuries like us. Okay, we we have a special training we have special trains, special group of trainers in there with Jim mier g Money and and Brett Brown.
Speaker 5: Uh you just it's just different.
Speaker 4: Because if you can if he can come in here and have a similar impact, which I don't know if he was on the squad then, but it's like a Rolando McLean. Yeah, in fourteen when we made the playoffs, I mean it was he was a big part of that because we had lost Seawan Lee to a c L.
Speaker 2: We were within that linebacker.
Speaker 4: You bring him in and granted it was in training camp when they brought a mental he was got. He got to you know, get the playbook and all that. But he made a huge impacts. But then the year afterwards it just all downhill.
Speaker 3: Back injury, I mean back back, back problems or had been an issue for for Leonard. And and look, if he's a part time player, yeah, you know that's their thing too, So don't don't look. If he was still a all pro pro old type play wouldn't be available. But is he a player now that could come in here and you give him a certain amount of snaps and can help you and be a part of the defense. I think that's something to look into. That's something I would look into. I don't know what.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna say that.
Speaker 3: I know a whole lot. But I would definitely that's that's that's what Will McClay does. Go sit up here and and find out. Ask have your guys look at film, go go get on the phone with him and see what you.
Speaker 2: Can find out.
Speaker 4: Could you see him having a similar impact to like a Hankins when we brought him in because the run defense was atrocious and then they brought him in there veteran player, you know, he wasn't an every down player, but he came in there and filled his role pretty well.
Speaker 2: Could he do.
Speaker 4: Something in that regard if he's a healthy this this is this.
Speaker 2: Is once again, this is what I just I trusted Will McLay to.
Speaker 3: Go go find go find folks. They they've done a good job of finding people that fitting. Okay, that guy, I mean, look at look at Jamon Curse.
Speaker 2: Remember they signed j C.
Speaker 3: That's okay, well okay, and see so that's where he you know, got d Q.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, figure out what it is. I mean late vandrsh has done.
Speaker 3: So if here's just one more body in here, and they brought in they brought in Rashawn Evans and so he's been here, so you can go fine, is there a fit bring him in for a tryout, and I don't I don't know who else is gonna you know, I want to get with him, but you know he should, he should probably have some choices out there for himself, depending on what people going to give. The doc doctors know when they get in there and they check out new physical they'll know. But the to just scratch the itch and just find out some more. I mean, cowboy fans wanted on social media and I would just say, yeah, look into it, look, look look into this.
Speaker 2: Thing here.
Speaker 3: This Eagles victory over Kansas City courtesy of scanty because.
Speaker 5: You can't sit YouTube, you know. But us two you know what I'm saying. We was writing this time.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, thanks managers drop butterfingers.
Speaker 2: The whole time. It is embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Man, it was embarrassing, but especially him despite all the drops and everything and what else you want they trade for you to come on back and you got.
Speaker 2: I mean I felt like why I told us like dollar Bill and he looked at James. All you blew. All you do is spin wrinkles, that's all you do. Scan what you all you do ISPs catch fan. It's on your fingertip, But so what else.
Speaker 5: You doing that?
Speaker 6: But we saw that happen with you guy to Justin. We saw two this week. Well, I mean, no, I'm saying that they're both. They're both bad. They're both game winning catches.
Speaker 2: But that was the thing I had long said about Quentin Johnson.
Speaker 5: You did call this.
Speaker 3: I'm like, man, will drop you, man, drop pastes and all that, you know, and the you know, it's big twelves want do you do that in the league? And sure enough, Man, one of my buddies, big Charger fan, after the game, he told me, I said, I went a lot to it.
Speaker 2: I like you, man, I like you.
Speaker 3: But that's that's that was his thing, man. I mean, and we're talking about not just a drop like bro, that's that's there. Like, that's like you, bro, there's nothing else. You know, the quarterback can't do nothing. No, I mean, it's like gift wrapped to yours here. You know, you got to put your hands. I mean, it's those kind of drops just like you had man like.
Speaker 5: Church.
Speaker 6: So so if you're in the game, just whatever we're doing for defense, just because if you're in the game, right and then you go out there and you miss a couple of tackles, right, But then also the rest of the team is missing tackles, right. So now you know when you go in the meeting room, it's like they're not gonna just get on me. It's a whole different feeling when you are the guy right or is you and then just the superstar who dropped when like Keenan Allen dropping past and then you go out there and you gotta drop. You know, when you get in there on Monday to watch that field, they ain't saying none of the kid. They're gonna be like, man, you gotta catch that ball. But when it gets to you, it's a totally different thing. So Kansas City is like everybody was dropping past. It was just Kelsey and then uh Scantling And you know what I'm saying. If it was just Scantling and Kelsey, then you look at and be like, they're not gonna say nothing else.
Speaker 5: He in trouble. But that fourth and twenty six he was on the face.
Speaker 2: Man, it was a die.
Speaker 5: They all about that, just dropping everything.
Speaker 2: Well, he got another dry eighty four, another drive. He didn't want to take that.
Speaker 6: He went for who what's been doing like that?
Speaker 5: He said, that's the old case of alligator that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, man, you're gonna do something like that?
Speaker 6: He did?
Speaker 5: Man, that was the thing.
Speaker 2: It was like, so he just looking at these guys. Man, but grabbed my strong hair. I can't take it.
Speaker 5: I don't know what that there want no parts of that. That was that was That was bad. That was bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it was a right.
Speaker 3: And I looked up who the receivers received, the first year receiver coach. I'm like, yeah, rough interested Monday for you. Yes, it was embarrassing. They had the most drops in the league. But the thing for val their scantling, and the thing for Quintin Johnson is not only were these just dru these were.
Speaker 2: Game ship read drops.
Speaker 5: You gotta.
Speaker 2: Changing the drops.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: I can't believe this, ladyhead the last ten minutes older. So a lot of clothes, look at Freshno looking good?
Speaker 5: What's hedding?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: What's adding? Get the halive jacket?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you have your head. It's in the car.
Speaker 2: Love my Harrison, ladies and gentlemen, heck my Harrison. Throw the job.
Speaker 5: Yeah, give me my job.
Speaker 2: You know, let's take a break and we're gonna reinduce it.
Speaker 3: Allow us to reintroduce it our man and heck my Harrison right here all the players downs on Dallas Cowboys that got with you man.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to.
Speaker 2: Be your boss.
Speaker 8: Get yours today at nflshop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 6: Hi. I'm Danny mccraige, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to.
Speaker 5: Ask you, what's that sound.
Speaker 6: That's the sound of us magically transforming our smooth bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iae or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want a munch, and that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only at Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Jack Black and.
Speaker 7: Right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus. Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 2: The Jack Black Playmaker is four.
Speaker 7: Of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy with ball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 10: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapper the press down.
Speaker 2: Who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left.
Speaker 5: He'll run for a perch down.
Speaker 10: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot com, I know I'm in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com. Back to the Players Lounge.
Speaker 6: Experience the magic of the Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at Christmas time. Available through the holiday season on selects dates only. Christmas Tours of the Star get you VIP viewing of Our Boy Christmas Extravaganza, a holiday theme Got It Tour of the Star a festive takeaway including a limited edition ornament and a Santa hat. Space is limited. Book your visit at the Star in Frisco dot com Slash Tours today.
Speaker 2: You already the other one.
Speaker 5: I'm good man. I already read that one man, Yeah it was it was ready. He played me. I'm chewing my candy. I forgot you wouldn't hear how that play you? How did I play you? That's my right there, that's you gotta get.
Speaker 2: You show before the show. You knew you already. I forgot, So we go to break you know, how it works. Heck, so you gobbling up.
Speaker 5: Skitt co he mad, he made about eight dollar skill instead of you talking, you just mad.
Speaker 2: Why you were chewing?
Speaker 6: I bought time, knew he told that whole story so he could mention that I hate all the skippers, and he wanted.
Speaker 5: Wanted. He couldn't just me saying I'm.
Speaker 6: Trying to figure that that this man came up here with some more gear on. He broke out, Oh yeah, is that what that?
Speaker 5: They go? Y'all get ahead of something, get that? Okay? Four years you don't share.
Speaker 6: I ain't never got nothing, man, I'm messing with you. And now that two sisters is closed, we gotta go somewhere else. Thank you, though, as long as you as long as your old man never be broke.
Speaker 5: I'm good. Okay, we went back to the mother ship.
Speaker 2: Heck, so you know, went by, had lunch with the a.
Speaker 5: D brought me in the office.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the bottle back stuff.
Speaker 5: Trust you got because he got to make sure you're rep you know, because.
Speaker 2: You trust anymore.
Speaker 5: Man, I want you to end.
Speaker 3: I'm just in a down scholars down scholarship, you know, don't don't you say you gonna invite us down to pmburgh. He's gonna do the possibly do the commencement speed. Somebody's quest to get there though, you gotta.
Speaker 5: N don's here and no.
Speaker 2: I ain't no v I p treatment today, ain't no dropping.
Speaker 5: You can take that.
Speaker 2: It's one flight. It's one flight.
Speaker 5: You can get it.
Speaker 3: It's one flight and will take you from df W FAE from favor got dried down to come there.
Speaker 2: See J Cole and town.
Speaker 6: From the fan getting jac They're not going from their lives to J Cole is a gradual that.
Speaker 3: Slow have to check because my guy a dual mayor got him because look at my man coming down her left hand, get that beating. You know what, I know what you're doing. You're not to a FedEx field that poop in the stadium. Go get a stadium. God, you believe me. The last you're gonna do. I stopped going. No, I stopped going up to the Washington game. I don't go to There was one game in the press spots. You got your stuff out right, it's raining on it, it's wet, like oh no, oh no.
Speaker 2: And then they went out there and look at that proud of them? What proud of that that's the races.
Speaker 5: They are not racist, they are they are not proud. They're not proud.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny.
Speaker 3: No, this guy they before, like the dudes who got fired under the sexual harassment, They used to have things to come down and have a little Washington group of people.
Speaker 2: They all come down here and have a little.
Speaker 3: Part like you guys crack because they call it Dallas week up there. I'm like, man, right, it's it's not Washington Weekend. You just you just next that's all you are. And and then they called like the they'll call me, hey, can you come on this week? Oh okay, like you know, we never call you because we don't.
Speaker 5: Care about Yeah, we gotta do pics, we gotta do. Catch me up on what y'all did?
Speaker 2: Man, what a y'all talking about? Give me give me sorry, we're trying to go beat traffic. Worried Sam Howe? Roller coaster? Okay, who y'all worried about?
Speaker 5: Who y'all worried about?
Speaker 2: Are we talking about? Offensively? That ground?
Speaker 5: I don't want to get caught up. Get your picks right, okay, make sure you don't get with church.
Speaker 2: Just don't let it.
Speaker 5: I did see what you got bro.
Speaker 7: First game out of the bucket here, I got San Francisco at Seattle Tomorrow nights.
Speaker 6: At Seattle at Seattle, let he go first. I'm gonna go with Seattle on this one. I want them to win that game, So you mean something. I'm going Seattle, and I'm going Seattle on the close one twenty two twenty I take San Francisco back, healthy Chase, I'm taking them, uh, And I don't think it's gonna be that close. I'm gonna say in Seattle, thirty one twenty one in Seattle, Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, give me, give me the ninemers as well. I'm going twenty eight seventeen on this one.
Speaker 5: Okay, so not even close?
Speaker 2: All right, Yeah, I'm with you here.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be thirty thirty one and I'm not gonna ask for a get out of seventeen thirty seventeen. Rock Party is playing at a really good level. He's got got it back going what else you got christ On?
Speaker 2: By the way, Danny won the week last.
Speaker 5: We appreciate for thanks to appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Jacksonville at Houston.
Speaker 6: Oh, that's gonna be a rematch. That's gonna be just the rematch credit match. Oh we rotation show enough. I'm gonna tak I'm gonna take the great city of Houston in the great state of Texas.
Speaker 5: Okay, my man, listen. C. J.
Speaker 6: Strouder is out there, ball in tankdal who knew Singletary been in the Buffalo all this time?
Speaker 5: Could run the ball? All right?
Speaker 6: So I'm taking the Houston Texas in a very close game. Twenty eight twenty four, know what you got?
Speaker 3: Shootout? Houston wins a shootout, Oh, thirty five to thirty three.
Speaker 4: Oh ah, give me, give me duvall on this one. Give me, yeah, give me twenty eight twenty one.
Speaker 5: Do all we picked? Let us let us hope down. So just keep on picking.
Speaker 6: It's in Houston, right, yeah, yeah, I'm going I'm going down on this one. Now, I'm gonna go Houston. I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: Seventeen thirteen, Okay, all right, Chris, And we got the next game up.
Speaker 10: We got Cleveland at a four game winning street for Denver to let them cook Russ.
Speaker 3: Let's what you got, No, I got Cleveland winning twenty one, twenty one seventeen. Are they still riding with dtrtr Give me defenses?
Speaker 2: Good yeah, the defensive man.
Speaker 4: Who they got Cleveland, Denver in Denver in Dever Man, give me Cleveland. Yeah, give me Cleveland seventeen fourteen.
Speaker 6: Just a tough one, boy because Russ. But I'm gonna take the defense. I'm going with Cleveland on this one. I'm gonna go twenty twenty, twenty to ten, twenty ten. So these first three games, we got one person on the island every time, Okay, because I'm I'm going Denver. I'm going Denver in this game. They both have really good defenses. I don't know if they're gonna let dtr get that win this week. So I'm going Denver in a nineteen seventeen win.
Speaker 2: Seventeen. Next up, we got Buffalo at Philly. The other boy Pixy does versus the other boys. Pixy does versus the other boys.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: Look, it's in Buffalo, Philly, Philly. Ah, Yeah, give me Hurts in the crew. Let me get give me Hurts in the crew thirty one, twenty.
Speaker 6: Eight, thirty one, twenty eight. Yeah, I'm gonna take Philly. I'm gonna take Philly in this one. Now, I'm gonna go twenty four to seventeen. I'm gonna go Philly thirty one, thirty.
Speaker 2: Thirty one thirty alright, man, give me.
Speaker 3: Philadelphia twenty four, twenty one, Philly twenty four one.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, yep, yep, yep, yep. Fo Yeah, I want to see if you guys can split this one. New England at the Giants. Oh somewhere, a toilet just flushed.
Speaker 5: I am going to go.
Speaker 6: Man, this is so bad. I'm gonna go New England on this one. I'm gonna go to New England and I'm gonna go thirteen to nine. Daddy, I'm at the Veto, I gotta say, going on my fantasy team. Okay, So I'm going to New York, New York Football Giants. Uh, and I'm a it's a three point spread, Okay, I think the Giants are gonna beat.
Speaker 5: Them by seven? Really? Yes, the Veto and the crew.
Speaker 2: That's right, the Veto and the.
Speaker 3: What you got new Give me the Patriots to win. Give me a twenty to sixteen win for Bailey Zappi and.
Speaker 2: The New England Patriots.
Speaker 4: I'm with the Patriots to give me a twenty one fourteen pets piets.
Speaker 2: I'm on two hours Washington, Dallas.
Speaker 6: It all, it's all, Oh Washington, Dallas, listen, I'm okay with picking. That was easy in this game. Thirty five, twenty thirty five to twenty trash towns gonna get trust.
Speaker 2: You on anything is gonna be really close.
Speaker 5: Uh Now, I think it's gonna be similar to how it was uh in this game.
Speaker 2: And to pull away. Give me give me a twenty sixteen cowboy win.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean sixteen, Yeah, give me the yeah, give me the boys, Give me the boys, thirty one, thirty one, twenty four, Oh.
Speaker 2: Sam doing a little bit.
Speaker 6: Okay, what you gotta I'm going twenty seven twenty boys, y'all know what time it is.
Speaker 5: Don't play with me?
Speaker 11: Twenty seven twenty yeah, yeah, well the twenty off the plane, head, twenty off the plane.
Speaker 2: Tasty cake, do it man?
Speaker 5: That tastes cake. Then it went down. Well, I was wondering if y'all gonna go with the tasty cakes though.
Speaker 6: In the car, I'm gonna go the cakes in a couple of sir happy thanksgiving mass Mandon here to say it for y'all.
Speaker 2: Comeboard, nation, let's go. I hope y'all will.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club