Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich Podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven easterns to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: Find your local station for Coveno Rich at Fox Sports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio apps like searching FSR, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: V IP in full effect.
Speaker 2: Hope you had a great weekend, Like I said, Cols, Broncos, Niners sort of weekend A show, Hey oh tiny, sort of.
Speaker 1: Weekend show, Hey oh, Tony, A Humpty Dumpty type of weekend because we know that Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
Speaker 2: Had a great fall for real, that dude was drinking pumpkin spice lattes, rocking a vest, watching football, following football, feed up, enjoying, Are you investing?
Speaker 4: By the way, have you bought a fall vest? Is that gonna be your look this year?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: You better believe it. Can't wait to rock my Marty McFly special Edition. I'm Steve Covino, that is Rich Davis, and we be rocking out. We got Danny g super producing. He's on the phones at a seven to seven ninety nine on Fox. He's also the host of Last One Standing, the game that's sweeping the nation. We'll get to that. Your chance to win. Some prizes are turbo balls. Speaking of balls, there's an update on show. Hey Otani's home run ball, his third home run over the weekend. We have time, we'll get to that. Well, can't wait to hear about Otani's balls. What else you got? And we're wrapping up right now. Your observations from this weekend. We do it every Monday. Things that make you go hmmm.
Speaker 1: We're just putting a bow on that conversation and calling it a day. Right now, we're broadcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio studio seeing our show sponsored by DraftKings sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NFL and NBA. And I think that NBA is literally right around the corner right now.
Speaker 4: Use the promo.
Speaker 2: Code CR show CR show to claim your special offer at DraftKings. Again, that's promo code CR show at DraftKings. The crown is yours. Yesterday was a big easy day for gamblers.
Speaker 4: It really was.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 2: I guarantee you yesterday Vegas lost. Calvino and I are in a pool with some of our old pals from serious XM, and you have to do a four for four parlay with the point spread.
Speaker 4: There's a couple hundred people.
Speaker 2: There are weeks where no one out of like one hundreds or so people can hit four out of four.
Speaker 4: It's not easy. A four leg parlay not easy at all.
Speaker 2: This week, I think I was one of like twenty people that hit it because I think again, I think it was a very easy gambling week. Nothing crazy happened, Teams covered small point spreads.
Speaker 4: It was it was.
Speaker 2: It was a good one heartbreaker though with the Jets Broncos, Giants Broncos, I mean Giants, Jets, Jets are Just think. With the iHeart Radio app, you can stream us wherever you happen to be. Remember to catch all of your favorite Fox Sports Radio shows live twenty four to seven in the new and improved iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: Just search Fox Sports.
Speaker 2: Radio on the app, stream us live all day every day, and be sure just like Fox Sports right, he has one of your presets in the iHeart app, so it always pops up on the top of your screen. Number one on your presets, Number one in your heart. Cavino and Rich Now there was other observations I made Rich like Patrick mahomes acting abilities.
Speaker 1: That was a big headline over the weekend. Goodness, is he great or what?
Speaker 4: Patrick Mahon?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he unexpectedly ran a play that resulted in the first down and then he was asked about his acting skills and he's like, I think my work in the State farm commercials is paid off and good one. You know, he did a great job with that. But the Chiefs are also proving that they're gonna be one of the usual suspects.
Speaker 5: You've been saying it everywhere.
Speaker 4: I hate that.
Speaker 2: I when they were having a season, dude, I was having a season. I hate when they were owing to that. I've believed that, oh maybe they're gonna hit some road bumps. Yeah they did, and then that's over. And Mahomes actually has been carrying my Dan Byer Guillotine League.
Speaker 4: The guys put up great numbers.
Speaker 2: When I drafted Mahomes, there were some people that were like, yeat Rich, he's not the Mahomes of years ago, and he's having a really good statistical comeback season, but he's still got that magic in him. A statistical comeback season, right, Dan Byer, you have a fantasy guy.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 6: The defense isn't as good as it once was for Kansas City, which has forced them to score a few more points. And they really don't have a running game right now, or at least a consistent one. So it's been a lot of Mahomes lately.
Speaker 1: It really has been. And here's what he said about a state farm acting chops.
Speaker 7: I think he comes from all my state farm commercials.
Speaker 5: No, no, I'm joking the.
Speaker 1: You know, honestly, when he went up to the lot of scrimmage, it's his Dan Marino moment, meaning remember when Dan Marino famously did the fake spike and then it was like.
Speaker 4: Oh, no one ever thought to do that before. Mahomes, If you don't.
Speaker 1: Know what we're talking about, because I can't expect everyone saw every game. You know, when it's fourth and short yardage, sometimes the team goes up to the lot of scrimmage and after the first hard count, you realize, oh, they're not gonna snapped the ball.
Speaker 4: They're trying to get the defense.
Speaker 5: In the job off size.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it was one of those like and.
Speaker 1: Then he audibly hears and you get Tony Romo and everyone hears him say, ah, this never fn works, and then just when you think he's about to call the playoff or take the five yard delay a game whatever, if he goes psich and then he snaps the ball and they run for a first down. It was really I'm shocked it took this long for someone to do the fake.
Speaker 4: He didn't say hike, he went psich.
Speaker 1: Mahomes also chuckled like that when they asked him about the chop block on Max Crosby's knees. Oh stop, so did you see that? And then that let's go to the rules analyst. Oh well, technically that is legal. Danny, can I tell you something? Tom Brady should call you and tell you how great of a fan you are for the Raiders, you know, the Davis family.
Speaker 5: Oh, he shouldn't talk to me right now.
Speaker 2: I tell you because I thought this yesterday before you got to our house. We were looking at you know, watching all the highlights, and I turned to Sam and Cavino and I said, Danny g is such a great Raiders fan that every week he comes in and tries to find something positive.
Speaker 1: Like you know, guys or wolvesn't for the you know a couple offensive Larman, you know, Genty will get started like you're so positive when your team is junk. Genty did get started a few weeks ago. That wasn't enough to do squad. But what I'm saying like you are so aside from week one and then blowing the end of that Chicago game, there there's been times where they looked decent and most of the season so far they have looked god awful. But you gotta wonder what's going on with Pete Carroll and Chip Kelly. There's rumors that Chip Kelly is not liked in that locker room, and so far that spent a lot of money spent and not spent well on Chip Kelly. I heard Rob Parker going berserk on your team, man. I heard Rob Parker going berserk on Sho Hey o Tani last Friday.
Speaker 5: That's even after the first.
Speaker 1: Time run g. If people don't know I knew that people don't know.
Speaker 2: Danny g He's a big Dodgers and Raiders guy, and you can't be having more of a split personality right now. One of your teams is going to probably easily win the World Series and your other team may win three games all year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, like a lot of Raider fans, I would hope and pray that someday Mark Davis is not the owner of the team that has not been working out, well, he's not his dad.
Speaker 5: What's going wrong with any means?
Speaker 1: You know, there's been so many rebuilds, There's been so many half rebuilds and stops and starts and new coaches and new systems, and besides Graham the defensive coordinator, that nothing consistent really has been in that building. The only thing you could hope for is maybe Tom Brady will have some influence to do a true rebuild.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I just I just wonder, not a lot of hope. What I'm not seeing d be.
Speaker 2: You analyze this stuff every week being a big fantasy guy, and it's not all about numbers and points, But.
Speaker 4: What are the Raiders?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 4: They haven't got their quarterback?
Speaker 1: Is it the is it the real the frequent changes in coaching, coaching that like they they're one of the few teams that hasn't effectively at least got a rebuild while they made the post season and then tucker out, Like even Miami for a second was like, oh then they fell off again.
Speaker 4: But the Raiders just can't get it together.
Speaker 6: I thought that Pete Carroll was brought in to try to change the attitude of the Raiders, and I think they've tried that a bunch of different ways, whether it be bringing in the Patriot way with Josh McDaniels and Dave Ziggler at one point. Then they bring in Tom to LESCo, they let him go after one year, and now you bring in a now seventy four year old Pete Carroll. So if he hasn't changed the culture of the locker room, it's not like Pete Carroll's going to coach their eight years. Like, that's not going to happen. You needed it to be more immediate.
Speaker 2: And remember Antonio Pierce for a minute was like, oh man, they you know, they got their guy internally, and then that was like a short lived experiment.
Speaker 1: He gave him manager and they just feel cursed in a way because Gruden, right when he started getting things rolling, then the whole email thing and all that. I think that's where things started to unravel. After that, they just lost all hope. It seems like I would be gangster if I was Mark Davis, I would clean house and rehire John Gruden and shake it up, shake gatos. I mean if I was if I was Mark Davis, I'd get a haircut first, then do all the thing.
Speaker 5: Hey, Rich, just put some just put some styling gel.
Speaker 2: Take you back to Friday. We were talking about your big TV game of the week and you were torn between the Giants and Broncos and the Colts and the Chargers. Two good games. But the takeaway is the Chargers. I know you're such a uniform guy. A lot of memes over the weekend about they look like the Savannah bananas. Even Adam Shine said on CBS Adam Shine the Savannah bananas, I mean the Chargers. I saw a lot of memes about that. And you know what are our thoughts now about the Colts? Are we just going to accept much like the pass that they're just the solid team this year? Now all asten every few years. Guys, we got to remember there's a changeover and who's good and it's not. You know, there's a couple teams that remained in the mix. But why is it crazy to think a team rebuilt another good?
Speaker 1: Colts look good, Mac Jones, Daniel Jones looking great this year.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 4: So those are our takeaways.
Speaker 2: I did have one more observation too, aside from the banana looking uniforms. In the world of fighting, did you see Paulie malan Nagi made a return to the ring but in a bare knuckle brawl. Now, even as a fight fan, like, I'll watch the highlights, but there's not a whole lot of intrigue there for me when it comes to a bare knuckle brawl, at least not at the moment, right, Like, I'm not into that.
Speaker 5: Really.
Speaker 1: You gotta see how mangled his face was after a victory in his comeback win, Paulie the Magic Man Maelanagi.
Speaker 4: You gotta see how mangling he was.
Speaker 2: Anything rebutted this one won the fight, that's the crazy part about it. So that also happened over the weekend. I'm just throwing that out there as a fight fan.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 2: You might see some highlights on your social media about that, and those are our observations. Yeah, and we're gonna have a lot more tomorrow because there's two great games tonight and a Game seven that we got to talk about. John in Minnesota. One less call about some NFL stuff. Now, what's up, Bud, Johnny? Hey Johnny, you're on Minnesota. Yeah, what's up?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 7: How are you guys doing, man? I love you Rich and Gravino?
Speaker 4: What's up? But thank you buddy?
Speaker 7: I mean that might have been one name at all.
Speaker 4: But what's up?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 7: Okay, I have one worst of the weekend and one best of the weekend. Okay, it was my birthday. On Friday. The golfers one Nebraska to number twenty five. But the Vikings went into the red zone six times and only scored one touchdown. If they would have scored one more, we would have won.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's that's gonna be the hold up a lot. I mean, there are teams that you wonder like what they get. Did you ever look like the team stats on like an app or something, and you're like, well they've read that a lot of yards. Well, they converted third downs at a decent rate. You know, if you can't push the ball at all in the red zone, you're never gonna win.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 2: It's like, I was look at two things, and it's red zone conversions and time of possession. Those things and turnovers turnovers, time of possession and red zone execution, those three things could tell the whole story. If you if you don't, if you didn't watch the game, just look at that and that'll tell you.
Speaker 1: Don't bury the lead. Was that a gopher sound effect or a squirrel that Sam played?
Speaker 5: Yeah, whatever your imagination wants.
Speaker 4: Not sure, good one.
Speaker 1: But Jalen Hurts put up some big numbers.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the numbers, and what you look at, three hundred and twenty six yards, three touchdowns, so it eagles over the Vikings. And then, like we said tonight, lots of great stuff to get to.
Speaker 4: Now Bear good would you say?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Bear for the Bears.
Speaker 1: So yeah, these are things we need to take note of.
Speaker 5: For sure.
Speaker 1: Four in a row for the Bears. Looks like they're turning things around.
Speaker 2: And Mike, who runs this place as a Panthers fan, saw I have to shout out his winning streak. Carolina Panthers, all right, you know they're as he said during the break with if the Bucks lose tonight.
Speaker 1: To the Lions, that was a dynamic thirteen to six victory. I mean the Panther the Panthers are only a game behind. Think about that. If the Panthers win tonight on the path, I'm sorry. If if the Bucks lose tonight, they're four and three, Bucks will be five and two. They're right there. Who would have thought that, right? I mean good for the good for the Panthers. I know they're not explosive great wins, but you know they're not awful. Well, you got two that fair big games tonight. We'll be talking about that tomorrow, and of course a game seven.
Speaker 4: Now it's one of.
Speaker 2: The biggest cliches, but it's also very true that when it comes to sports, two best words in sports are game seven. And everybody says it. And if you listen to sports talk radio, or you and your buddies are chopping up, or you're at the barber shop, you hear things like that, two best words and sports game sivvy. So I heard Chris Purfett say it today in an update, and I knew it was coming, and because you know, it's just something that everybody says, but it's true. Best swords guys, dude, we said it amongst each other hanging out yesterday.
Speaker 5: He didn't say free food were the two best words, no.
Speaker 2: I but you know what you said that that because hey, we're all pumped about the game tonight, especially if you don't have a team playing, you're just watching for fun. Man, It gives us more to talk about and something to watch because it's do or die. Every little pitch, every every call, every hit, every pitch taken is a big moment tonight and under the microscope because everything counts, everything matters because it's do or die. It's for all the tostedos, as we say, Game seven. But when it comes to the best two words, can we think of any other two words that compare? But a PG thirteen variation here for Fox Sports Radio?
Speaker 4: Are you gonna keep it clean? Like you said? Free food? Yo?
Speaker 9: Bro?
Speaker 2: Those are two great words for an open bar, because I'll get out of my seat. I'm like, where what's up?
Speaker 4: Where? Where are we at?
Speaker 1: Free food?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: Dude?
Speaker 4: That gets everybody pumped you up? You know, so not just profet everybody.
Speaker 2: So let's get the phones going before we get into last one standing and all the other fun we have today and the prizes and everything else Game seven tonight? Are there two other best words that come to mind? But again without being rated, are an ex when my wife and I actually get away from the kids, Like when those few times a year we actually take a little getaway adults.
Speaker 4: Only you love that? Huh oh, nothing bothers me more than other people's kids. I'm on it when I'm on vacation. That's funny.
Speaker 2: I'm escaping your parent. You appreciate that, kid, knowing I love kids. I got kids when I am not with my own kids and coaching and doing things at the school when I'm when I'm not in that mode, get your stupid kids away from.
Speaker 4: I'm with you on vacations because you will read too.
Speaker 2: That's what I don't get kids, Like, how did the little kids ever get to know their family members?
Speaker 4: If you don't want them at their party?
Speaker 2: Kid was sliding around the dance floor and that's the only time I see Uncle so and so.
Speaker 4: Anyway, no kids.
Speaker 2: I can't get down with the wedding one, but the vacation when I get it.
Speaker 4: No kids.
Speaker 5: Kids will ruin a wedding.
Speaker 2: I mean for a guy who has two kids, it's pretty pretty harsh. She's so anti kid. Yeah, I'm so anti kid me. Yeah, sounds a little jerky. I think it's a cultural thing, and that's my polite way of saying it. I really do, because in my family, like if someone told my dad that he couldn't bring his kids, you know what he would say.
Speaker 1: If you I ain't going. Swear to God, my dad would be offended by that.
Speaker 2: Uh, mister Cavino, you could, you're invited, but you can't bring your kids. My dad would be like, well do you think you are? I guess I ain't going, then well then don't divide, then don't go, And he wouldn't leave me. Your kids are not one. It's a very cultural thing.
Speaker 4: That I'm coaching four days a week. I'm involved in the school.
Speaker 2: Kids are neeering, but the kids are not part of the family that they can't come to the wedding. But I don't want a kid at a wedding. You're dancing and drinking and having fun. You all a little kids. There kids a family vacation.
Speaker 4: You trying to hotel, lay on the beach, and you want your kids around. Get your kids out of the vacation.
Speaker 2: I think that's different why they separate certain resorts, Like that's the adult's only side, that's the family side.
Speaker 4: I'm with you, okay, I'm okay with that.
Speaker 2: When you say vacation stuff, and if I say family stuff, I'm like, man, if I'm what the hell, what the hell good is family if the kids can't be involved? If my wife and I are going away for a couple of days Mexico, Aruba, Dominican Republic. We're going some where and we're finally getting a break from our own five and eight year old.
Speaker 4: Do you think I want to say your stupid kids?
Speaker 1: No kids, kids? This guy claims he's Dad of the Year. He says, no kids, or I'll kick him out. Okay, I got one.
Speaker 4: If you're a scandalous guy, I'm with you on free food. I think that's my favorite one. If you're a scandalous guy. What if a woman said, uh, I'm discreet.
Speaker 5: Yea, or or Richie says in your ear, I'm.
Speaker 1: Down, down, Yeah, I'm down, I'm discreet.
Speaker 5: That's oh.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: So what two words or music to your ears? What two words compare to Game seven? If everybody loves to say game seven the best two words in sports, what are the other best two words in life? Let's get the phones going eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox and of course at Covino and rich at Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 4: Two words trying to think? Oh what you got? Sam? Open bar? Open, yeah, open bar? Said that when we start you just say that, yeah, open by, free food, I'm discreet, no kids. What else is? What are there any of the two word doozies.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it's been said, but open bar.
Speaker 4: Good one.
Speaker 1: What about open bar? Oh wait, Richie said that? Oh Dan, you said that. I was gonna say open late like the fast. I think that that's like all right, open late. I like that because closing soon sucks.
Speaker 5: How about day off, day off?
Speaker 4: That's another good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is why we get you involved Fox Sports Radio Nation.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I like that day off. Give it to me. I have never complaining. You know what, if you have others, we'll take your feedback.
Speaker 1: Next Plus, we're gonna play the game that sweeps the nation every Monday.
Speaker 4: Can you don't get so stressed? I love it.
Speaker 2: I love how he blanks sometimes and it gets mad at himself. You act like you don't justify every time you're wrong. You're like the least self aware person I ever met.
Speaker 4: This game is justifying.
Speaker 1: Guy.
Speaker 2: You got two more wins than me, and you're acting here like you're Dan Byer. You're nobody from Nowhereville calling me out. You're out of your mind.
Speaker 1: Listen back at your justification every week at this game. At least I own the fact that I stink. You think you're great and you stink.
Speaker 2: I guys, I am gonna whoop your ass and we're gonna play this game next, says who the.
Speaker 1: Three times more that you beat me in this game.
Speaker 2: Four in about ten minutes, coos on a two game winning st Yeah, let's go big mouth justification.
Speaker 6: What I'll bow out If you guys want to do a showdown with each other, No, because.
Speaker 2: If we don't beat you Dan, all right, yeah, well, all right, beating Rich gives me no credibility nowhere. It's beating Rich. You know that gives me a low five.
Speaker 1: Beating you is something worth bragdon Imagine Michael Jordan dipped out in the nineties. He's like Cormelo, play play Regie mill But hey, hey, I need we do need a contestant to play the game right now, go for a cnur NERF turbo football. Those are two words that every weenial lives by. Let's go there, you go perfect, So let's go. Let's play eight, seven, seven, nine nine on Fox. We'll play last ones standing next right here on Fox Sports Radio. Now, today's job search could be tough. Endless online searches and applications.
Speaker 4: No foe caals, no interviews.
Speaker 2: It can be sad and lonely out there nothing but automated email responses. But what if there was a different way to find the job? Well, guess what there is.
Speaker 1: Express Employment Professionals is the staffing agency that works alongside companies to hire candidates for any type of job.
Speaker 2: Express can help you get a job that matches your qualifications. I hate to be rude, but giants kicker might be checking out Express Pros.
Speaker 4: Check it, give a look.
Speaker 2: The local Express team are your advocates in the job market, and the best part, Express never charge a fee for their support. Learn more at Expresspros dot com. Stop waiting. Experience will find out what you want from your job. They'll keep you updated on job openings and help you land your next role. Choose Express Employment Pros for your one connection to dozens of local jobs. They got eight hundred and seventy locations, so they're sure to be one near you. The best part, Once Express has your info, you'll be the first to hear about opportunities at match your skills. Start by finding a location at Expresspros dot com. Contact your local office today.
Speaker 5: Hey, it's me Rob Parker.
Speaker 8: Check out my weekly MLB podcast, Inside the Parker for twenty two minutes of pipe in hop baseball talk, featuring.
Speaker 4: The biggest names of newsmakers in the sport.
Speaker 8: Whether you believe in analytics or the I test, We've got all the bases covered. New episodes drop every Thursday, so do yourself a favor and listen to Inside the Parker with Rob Parker on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm getting feedback on the two best words other than Game seven, and I'm seeing some feedback on social media.
Speaker 1: Want to Starves? That must be a weenio one, you want to starves?
Speaker 2: How about this that I agree with? This one is from Carl Let's reschedule. I'm like, yes, let's cancel, but let's reschedule is always good.
Speaker 4: You ever win? I'm like, yeah, you ever win?
Speaker 1: Cancel plan roulette where you're like you're so close to calling the person to be like hey listen, like you know, maybe we could do it another time, and they beat you to it and you're like oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you play it off like oh so ready hand so palm, so we're gonna get to your phone calls about the best two words other than game seven. Right after we get into the game that sweeping the nation, the game is dividing this show the.
Speaker 1: Game called Last One Standing.
Speaker 9: You have five seconds to battle for your sports trivia love dam Put your electronic devices down and pick your sports knowledge CNS.
Speaker 1: Last one Standing, Last one Standing. I have four categories ready to go if needed a tie breaker. Each contestant gets five seconds to stay alive in the round. If you run out of time or answer incorrectly, Io, Sam will take you out with this famous buzzer. No you wouldn't don't want to hear that. We keep battling until you are the last one standing. If you win two of the rounds, you are the top dog. Here are the contestants right over there, eleven time winner Steve Cavino, Buddy catching up, catching up to you, Rich, fourteen time winner Rich Davis, Hey, and the leader in the clubhouse by far thirty four time winner Dan Byer. Hello, Hey, it's up degree.
Speaker 4: See he's the Babe Ruth of this game.
Speaker 2: If he was the show, he the game, we'd be a little closer to Dan Byer.
Speaker 5: See what I'm saying, Ye all right, we're gonna go to the studio. Line C.
Speaker 1: Who's playing for a C and R NERD football? Josh and Jackson, Tennessee. Hey, Josh, I read a player or what heck?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: All right, Josh? What do you do for a living there in Tennessee?
Speaker 7: Settle tars for a living?
Speaker 4: Nice man?
Speaker 5: Nice? All right?
Speaker 1: Here we go, spot by the ways the fact checker in this game, I hate it that a lot of anxiety first jobs ever, be patient with him while he checks answers, Paz, when I say your name, the clock's going to start here is the first category. At least you were there. You have five seconds to name an MLB team who has lost the most World series, okay, series, not games, the most World series lost. We're gonna take the top twenty two. Covino, you're gonna be up first, starting right now. Go Well, you got to be there a lot to lose a lot. So I'll go with the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: That would be correct with fourteen? All right, rich.
Speaker 4: The Braves, the.
Speaker 1: Braves yet six buyer, what about the Reds? Reds four?
Speaker 5: Nice? Josh, I have.
Speaker 7: To go with the get there the Yankees.
Speaker 1: Yankees number do on top of the list actually tied with the Dodgers with fourteen.
Speaker 5: On a roll, we go back to Coveno.
Speaker 1: Three two Tigers one Tigers on the list with seven.
Speaker 5: Rich three two the Mets. The Mets are on the list with three dB Cardinals. Cardinals on the list with eight. Josh, I have to.
Speaker 7: Go with the.
Speaker 5: Three two Marlin Marlins. Nope, not on the list, sorry, buddy. Back to Cove.
Speaker 4: I don't if the Marlins everyone lost the World Series?
Speaker 1: No, no, yeah. The Baltimore Orioles. The Orioles with four yes on the Rich three two The Red Sox. Red Sox have four nice pole buyer Giants. Giants have twelve ConA three two more astros. Astros have three hold it out Rich hold it out of his astro were right, Rich, he was playing dumb. I was waiting for this, give me my couch, have eighty. I was like waiting for my colco using my time wisely.
Speaker 5: DP, is that it? What about the Pirates?
Speaker 1: The Pirates are on the list the very bottom with two coven Pirates good one Rangers. Rangers also have two Rich three two Padres. Padres also have.
Speaker 5: When I'd written down what a battle going on?
Speaker 4: By how many left.
Speaker 5: Uh, I don't know about five or six? Okay, five or six? Three two one Blue Jays, blue Jays and not on the list. Sorry, sorry, all right, back to Covino White Sox. White Sox are on the list with two as well.
Speaker 1: Nice pool Rich Phillies, Phillies said another they were not said, and they have six that written down, some of them. Five, four coveno for there's five left? Uh three two? One? All right, a's were on there one there on the five you had the Guardians of four, uh, the Rays.
Speaker 5: With two and the Royals with two.
Speaker 1: You know, you know a guy I had the the Guardians of my back pocket. Also because we forget the Indians, I never got there. Yeah, really good one, all right. Second, cat Rich on the board is we go to the second round, throw forward, not drop down. You have five seconds to name an NFL quarterback who has the most fumbles in NFL history NFL QB most fumbles in history. We'll take the top twenty four Josh, Josh and Tennessee. You're going to be up first as soon as the timer starts, right now. Go Peyton Manning, Peyton Manning, nonimalless Sorry buyer Dave Craig, Dave Craig number three with one fifty three.
Speaker 4: Rich three, Tom Brady just based on the fact that he plays.
Speaker 1: A lot that's correct. Number six with one thirty four. Covino, Troy Aikman, Troy Aikman nonemalless Wow, all right. Buyer Drew through Breeze YEP with one hundred and eleven at fourteen.
Speaker 5: Nice Pool Rich three two.
Speaker 1: John Elway John Elway YEP number five with one thirty seven.
Speaker 5: Back to Bayer.
Speaker 4: You know in Spanish he's John the Way.
Speaker 5: Okay, you're out Pike that I'll say. Roethlisberger.
Speaker 1: Roethlisberger is on the list at eleven with one fifteen. Rich three just based on longevity. Dan Marino, Dan Marino number sixteen with one ten.
Speaker 5: Right back to Bayer. Brett Favre Brett Farv number one good one, yeah all right? Rich Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers not on the list.
Speaker 4: Buyer was Dan Fouts on the list?
Speaker 1: Damn Fouts was on the list seventeen with one oh six. Sound like you should have said him. Eli Manning at seven with one twenty five. Kerry Collins at number two with.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 5: Rich and Buyer both on the board.
Speaker 1: As we go to the third category and see how much you guys paid attention to baseball articles over the weekend. Bombs times three. There have been thirteen games in MLB postseason history where a player hit three home runs. Oh jeez, you have five seconds to name one of those players who achieved this feat. By the way, I'll tell you seven of the thirteen happened after twenty ten.
Speaker 5: Players with three home runs.
Speaker 4: That's the question again.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there have been thirteen games in MLB postseason history where a player hit three home runs.
Speaker 5: Oh, same player hit three in the game. Yes, ok, just like you know who did.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to give that answer away, even though you know you have five seconds to name one of those players. All right, Covino, you're gonna be up first, starting right now.
Speaker 4: Go Reggie Jackson.
Speaker 1: Reggie Jackson on the list, Yes, Rich October eighteen, nineteen seventy seven.
Speaker 5: Three two Are you fucked not? I don't know, confused with a question?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just I don't remember guys hitting three home runs in a game in the World's.
Speaker 5: In the playoffs, the obvious one. Yeah, I mean okay, yeah, I'm great. Thanks Danny, isn't rigged at all.
Speaker 10: I'll just twenty seconds Rich and here's an answer. I mean he's gonna be out next answers Reggie Jackson and Jotani. So I am out of luck if we uh, if we go with three home runs?
Speaker 5: How about this?
Speaker 4: Is Chipper Jones on the list.
Speaker 6: Scott Spiezio, No he didn't, he didn't, but I'm just doing it out of protest for this week.
Speaker 1: He's yes, Okay, Sam stopped the timer. Let's move to the fourth category. We'll throw that category out.
Speaker 6: I hope the listener understands, like the the the rule breaking in this game.
Speaker 4: Job would I win? Is there?
Speaker 1: It's got to be an astro in there now Jose is on the list.
Speaker 5: There to go. Sorry, let's we'll throw that out. We'll go to the fourth category.
Speaker 1: About would you like to know the people of about pool the lists? Yes, I would have won a.
Speaker 4: Did it twice?
Speaker 5: Don't blame me over there.
Speaker 1: This is turning into Ben Mallar and Eddie Garcia your every game. I was gonna say a I would have won that round.
Speaker 4: I just would have won the game.
Speaker 6: I want the record to show Rich didn't have an answer and Danny goes.
Speaker 5: Three to one.
Speaker 10: Come on, come on, don't come on the most he didn't understand the most, the.
Speaker 4: One that just started the show.
Speaker 2: Back when I made exceptions, No way I would have set out to b I won that.
Speaker 5: I appeal, Oh man.
Speaker 4: I appeal.
Speaker 1: But you know, let's say they times its Coveno been screwed over by these games.
Speaker 5: Stop.
Speaker 4: I gotta sit Next is twice in a row. How about we do that bunch of cry baby.
Speaker 1: RB I questioned from last week Grandfire's update and then we'll move on two weeks ago.
Speaker 5: And he got the point, DV. Were we doing saber stat and metrics on that or not? There's no integrity in this game anymore.
Speaker 4: Oh geez, right, Dan Buyer, give us an up date. Well, we'll get the conclusion of this game in a minute.
Speaker 11: Mariners at Blue Jays eight o'clock Eastern tonight, Game seven of the ALCS, winner gets the Dodgers in the World Series. Jill Carter's here less Bronco's linebacker Dre Greenlaw was suspended for one game for verbally threatening referee Brad Allen at the conclusion of yesterday's win over the Giants. Green Law will appeal Fuccingeers wide receivers Mike Evans and a Mecca Book are active for tonight's game in Detroit. Bryce Young has a high ankle spray, not likely to play against the Bills In Week eight. Andy Dalton would start. Vikings quarterbacks Carson Wentz and JJ McCarthy both limited in practice. They have a short week because they have the Chargers coming up on Thursday. Jets head coach Aaron Glenn, meeting with the media, says he has a decided who will start at quarterback for their Week eight matchup in Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: I want to make sure that I make the right decision, and I don't want to make red decisions either.
Speaker 6: Taylor replaced Justin Fields at halftime of yesterday's lost to Carolina forty nine. Ers quarterback Brock Perty going to follow a similar practice regimen this week. It's expected that he will not play in Week eight against the Texans head coach Kyle Shanahan, so that yeah, party's going to follow that practice plan. Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson did in practice today. Is the team in a buy in Week seven. Michael Pennock's dealing with a bone bruise in his foot. He's day today. Falcons have the Dolphins. Dolphins are sticking with two a tongue of Iloa as their starting quarterback. Saints running back Hendry Miller tores acl on Sunday. He's out for the remainder of the season. Nuggets gave guard Christian Brown a five year extension. Guys, back to.
Speaker 4: You, all right, thank you, Dan Byer.
Speaker 2: Now we get to the conclusion of last one standing and your best two words other than game seven and more Coveno owners right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 4: Oh, time to play the game, all right?
Speaker 5: CINR.
Speaker 2: By the way, Yeah, I want to say rest in peace. Running back Doug Martin thirty six, passed away over the weekend. Idaho kid played for the Buccaneers and your Raiders, Danny g.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, and started his life in the Bay Area. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Rest in peace to.
Speaker 2: Sam Rivers, original founding bass player of Limp Biscuit, who passed away at.
Speaker 4: Forty eight over the weekend.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 1: So when you do that math, you're like forty eight. They were huge in nearly two thousands.
Speaker 4: How old was he?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 2: He started Limp Biscuit with Fred Durst when he was eighteen and he was in his early twenties when all those big, big hits happened. So anyway, I'll be playing some of that tonight on Turbo forty one on Series ex M. But we're Cavino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio Life for the Fox Sports Radio make sure for over forty that's nice. Enjoy your Taylor Swift. For over forty years, tire Rack has been helping customers find the right tires for what and where they drive. Ship Fast and free back by free Road has the protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation Tiraq dot Comway tire buying should be and getting a new job could be much easier with Express Employment Pros. With Express you'll have a local connection to the job market. Get started at expresspros dot com. Find a location near you that's www dot expresspros dot Com. And now the conclusion of the game, that's just got everybody all fired up.
Speaker 1: All right, Josh and Tennessee with us last one standing. Let's go, Josh, you ready?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: All players alive because we only got to do two categories. Tie break here, no multiple choice, it's whoever comes closest, So buzz in with your name. When you're ready, let's talk Manny would how many home runs did Manny Ramirez hit in his seventeen year MLB career?
Speaker 2: Think about it for a second, to such a good one many? Just are we doing closest that that?
Speaker 1: Yay?
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter if you're over under whoever's closest.
Speaker 4: Hey, daddy is me big puppy?
Speaker 1: Look, hey, I like my pink, So I look like Frank Betty.
Speaker 5: Five twelve, okay, five twelve.
Speaker 2: So that you know we're not just playing like the I'm gonna try to overshoot you. I wrote down proved right five thirty six.
Speaker 1: I wrote perfect thirty six for Rich Okay, and how about you Josh and tennessee, uh.
Speaker 5: Five seventy five?
Speaker 1: All right, Ready, I didn't answer you.
Speaker 5: I was looking at him when I said, are you ready? Now?
Speaker 4: I'm going.
Speaker 2: I think he's like in the five seventeen area. I'm going five to seventeen. Final answer, five seventeen. The answer is five fifty five. So the thing we got to disobey here, Wait, what did reach that big rich?
Speaker 5: One? Rich set five thirty six?
Speaker 4: I won by one?
Speaker 5: You won by one?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Goodness, by one?
Speaker 5: Holy Schnikey. He's like from nineteen What can I say?
Speaker 1: Hard to be a champ Covino one day you'll feel it.
Speaker 2: I hate to rub it in and take away from his victory. But if you guys remember I did win the bet of who would have the most wins this season Yankees with the Mets. If my calculations are correct, Rich owes me twenty one hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: Okay, place interest.
Speaker 1: It feels good to be a winner. Speaking up Josh and Tennessee, thank you for playing the game.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jo, Thank you, Josh, appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Last one standing? Hey, wait are you sure?
Speaker 5: I'm sure?
Speaker 9: Was it?
Speaker 4: Josh made that bet with you? I do have to in his money.
Speaker 2: I want you to let this simmer Dan Bayer. Let me know what you think of this deal. I have a let's make a deal offer for Rich that's very kind. That is even a deal in place.
Speaker 4: Well, we have a plea bargain.
Speaker 1: So the deal was one thousand dollars for the best record, right, and there's got to be a payoff.
Speaker 2: We talked about it all season one. I'm a man of my word. And then Rich, who was feeling confident and brazen, about his Mets was like and an ndred dollars extra for every win over I ended up winning twenty one hundred dollars. The Yankees were that much better than the met eleven games better and one point the Mets had a four game better record the late in the season to the point where I remember offering you like a pay like hell, take this. So here's what I'm thinking. Oh boy, Danny g super producer is always so kind on our birthdays. He gives us gifts and presents. And one year he gave gift.
Speaker 1: He gave a really nice gift to Rich and I had my eye on that, Like Rich doesn't appreciate that. I would have appreciated that gift. I don't know why he wasted that gift on Rich ungrateful?
Speaker 4: Rich On great? What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: So now's my chance to see if I can get my hands on it. On the gift that Danny gave to Rich years ago for his birthday.
Speaker 5: My counter offer.
Speaker 2: To your twenty one hundred dollars that you owe me since I'm the big winner, okay, instead of twenty one hundred dollars, I'm thinking, since you're my pal, how about you give me a thousand because that was the original bet in that show, Hey o Tani, rookie card that Danny g gave you, It didn't have a little piece of his uniform. Show Hey Otani, Hell you think about that.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'll think about that and we'll chat tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Until then, or read it there you baby, see you in the Promised Land James Got show, Hey Otani,