Speaker 1: From Hollywood to you, thank you for listening to.
Speaker 2: On air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 1: I met Google Pitbull slash Hope. It's a woman's name. So there is a southern California teacher that I met a few days ago, and she basically discovered pit Bull when he was really, really young. She saw his talent maybe a teenager Hope Martinez. He thanks for every speech. And she's a teacher here and I met her on National Teacher's Day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she saw talent in me that no one else did.
Speaker 1: Yes, And so she's telling me the story that like at the beginning, she used to drive him to auditions or whatever he would go to at that young age, and that's how pitpul got his start and push a nudge into the business.
Speaker 2: That is really cool. She told me the biggest risk you take is taking one. That was what she would tell him. That's good.
Speaker 1: It's teacher appreciation week, So I thought that was great. You always need a little somebody to nudge you. I think she went over and above all. Right, So sishany, good morning, nice to see you. Nice to see you too, Oliver. Good morning, Nice to see you, Oliver. Oliver twist look at the twists and Tania's hair this morning.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, wow twist. I mean, I don't even I can't even count that as a dad joke. Yeah, I don't even know.
Speaker 1: What braided her hair. Yeah, hair braided her hair.
Speaker 2: It's very dirty.
Speaker 3: So I'm trying to get like clever with it today.
Speaker 1: I know it. Dude who can braid his girlfriend's hair.
Speaker 2: Robbie can braid my hair. Yeah, Michael can braid the kids hair. I mean he's never braided my hair, but he braids the girls.
Speaker 1: List of things that would be marketable for Ryan, Okay.
Speaker 2: There's a guy on Instagram. There's a guy on Instagram. I think it's called like Dad's Braid or something like that, and he teaches Dad's how to do hair.
Speaker 1: All right, So foot massage, braiding, I'm putting this on the list of marketing things for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like that could definitely go on your dating profile. Like knows how to braid hair.
Speaker 1: Knows how to braid, yeah, gives foot massages. They need a.
Speaker 2: Third find this guy, Dad dot Braids on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Bids Dad dot Braids and he'll give me a lesson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he does tis every single day of different ways to braid your daughter's hair. Well, I guess in your kids it would be a girlfriend.
Speaker 1: You Tom Braiden at Tom Braiden and see if anybody comes up Braiden, did you bring that up? I did, but it's got to be somebody's hand on. All right, guys, please stop slowing us down this morning. I have to tell you that I am out numbered Ruby, Jen, Michayla, Elsie, Sistiney, Tanya, Hey, I have Mark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and your tubs.
Speaker 1: Tubs is in and out Tubbs his wishy and washy Why is for you? I got he's at wishy washy dot.
Speaker 2: No, he's pretty loyal to you if ida, Yeah.
Speaker 1: He is pretty. He does hustle.
Speaker 2: He does hustle like if you did that trick what parents do with their kids, or they stand on one side, they have the toddler run to one of them. Tubs would run to you, yes, not us.
Speaker 1: That's sweet. I can't wait to play that game at field day this year like this, I have no idea what that is with kids, but seemingly the back room is into it. With dogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can do a dog.
Speaker 3: Put your dog in the middle of the room and then you and your partner on opposite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you I don't mean to deal with rejection. Got enough of that, all right, So, uh, I guess let's go around the breakfast table and those I can't believe Sales hasn't called us the sponsor the breakfast table brought you by Jimmy Dean or something. Right, I don't want to say too loud for farmer John's Let's go around the breakfast table brought to you by egg McMuffin. Right, the highs and lows, that's what we do, just like check it in. It's a check in, right, it sure is. So let's check in, and he highs his knee in your world last twenty hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got my ears pierced. And when I did go, I went to mister Prick Studio City.
Speaker 1: I should changed that name.
Speaker 2: I think that's such a genius name. Anyway, So now I have a third pier scene on each lobe.
Speaker 1: Tony, you sound it defeated that she got her ear speraced. I think you should be joyful.
Speaker 3: I wanted to go with her. I've been wanting to get more holes in my ears as well.
Speaker 2: Well, let's go. He was great and he's the homie now.
Speaker 1: I'm into pilate's Tanya, that's my high. So we can do that. Well, we'll do that to make up for the mister doctor whatever his name is, mister prick.
Speaker 4: Nothing.
Speaker 2: I would love more than to do pilates together, like true.
Speaker 1: All right, so it's coming soon to a machine near you, whatever former near you. Yeah, that's my high. I'm into it. I'm really let's.
Speaker 2: Do a team building with the morning show.
Speaker 1: It's so complicated. Let's just start by doing one.
Speaker 2: Why we did this?
Speaker 1: Your schedules are conflicting.
Speaker 2: We go on your schedule?
Speaker 1: Is that why it's a I always wondered why the scheduling is so tough? Is it?
Speaker 5: Me?
Speaker 6: Am?
Speaker 2: I the problem?
Speaker 1: I don't want to do loads. I'm not doing any loads today week. The conclave starts today to select a new pope. I'm fascinated by the ancient process. I know you gotta put I gotta put stuff up on the windows to protect from drones, no phones. Stanley Tucci might be around. He's have you seen a movie. He's in the movie Stanley Tucci, which I cannot because he did that whole thing about on the touring Italy food show. Yes, now, he was in the Conclave, the movie I just started watching because of the Conclave in real life.
Speaker 2: You always love to start watching shows that are like cohesive with what's happening in the real life.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, but for.
Speaker 3: Some reason, this particular thing, I feel like, I remember the last time they had the Crown.
Speaker 7: He was all into the Crown when like the royal dramas, right, right, connective tissue you did with that, Elizabeth Holmes, that one, that one was.
Speaker 3: Remember we came in live in UK time to watch the Royal wedding because you were so into it.
Speaker 1: That was a really unthought through idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like two am our time, so we'd like was and then go straight into.
Speaker 1: The show apologizing about that. All right, Susan. So it's your place. If we were to roll over there, we would we'd be crashing in dog beds. You got dog beds all over your house.
Speaker 2: Now here's the thing, it's and it's dogs run.
Speaker 1: Down the whole tree here.
Speaker 2: I have three dogs, three dogs, three dogs, and three children. My husband, so Diego, who is our newest member to the family. And Diego is the newest member of the family. We had him for about a year and some change. He is, you know, kind of trying to be alpha, and the other two dogs of like let him be for the most part. But what happens is he has taken over all the beds. Even though he's a bigger dog, like, he tries to like stuff his little big bar in these little beds. So my one of the younger dogs doesn't want refuses to use any bed so wants to be on the couch now or just like lays on the floor, like, does not go in the bed. So I was feeling bad for him, so I bought him a new little I got like the smallest dog beed I could find for him that I'm like, for sure, Diego is not going to take this bed because it's too small, And then sure enough he gets in there, he shoves his little rump.
Speaker 1: Business is this because Diego's got a power trip?
Speaker 2: It's totally that. Yes, it's that, And like I'm starting to train him to not go into that bed, and the other little dog is starting to use it again. But I keep buying dog bets. I have nine dog bets at this point.
Speaker 8: It's just that.
Speaker 1: I can't the clutter. First of all, just one in a room. It throws my brain off because it's clutter on the floor. I don't know how you deal with three kids. There's anxiety. I would anxiety.
Speaker 2: It's there's a lot. But yes, there's dog bets in like hallways. U two in my room, one in the guests.
Speaker 1: I just asked the obvious question that Tanya over there wants to know. Is this it is it? Are we done with kids and dogs?
Speaker 7: Yet?
Speaker 2: We're done with kids? I don't think we're done with dogs.
Speaker 1: You can have more dogs. Yeah, I can hear what you said about the beds everywhere.
Speaker 2: You know the circle of life, so I gotta keep having more dogs.
Speaker 1: Delay of game on my circle of life move?
Speaker 2: Really, I doubt that. What does that mean?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? I haven't done any circle of life moves except for Georgia. I gotta delay a game. I gotta get going, gotta blow the whistle.
Speaker 2: What do you mean blow the whistle?
Speaker 1: Well, you're talking about this.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't get another dog? Is my point?
Speaker 1: Saying you have three kids and three dogs. I have a dog like I need to get going. Oh, I see that life games.
Speaker 2: Listen, you're saying it, we're not saying it. So it starts how you feel. That's how you feel.
Speaker 1: It just mean I'll follow through them, just saying things. Guys, what do you feel.
Speaker 2: We're here to help.
Speaker 1: Great, Well, let's help by taking a break and coming up next. All right, let's do it. I have for your day in a second. And if you're going to the airport, at the airport, a coffee shop, in a hotel, in the stadium, you get on the public Wi Fi, and there are three mistakes. Don't do these things. I say these mistakes people make that it can end up with you getting your identity stolen. Not confirming it's the correct network. Hackers set up fake networks with names like free Starbucks WiFi. I mean they trying to trick you into it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I use those all the time. I don't even thought that those were hackers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta make sure it's a correct WiFi. Double check next, logging on too sensitive account like your bank, your email, your social that just like totally do that feeds the issue and leaving autofill on. Oh man, So hackers can create hidden fields that trick your browser and auto filling your credit card address whatever. It's just a LifeLock dot com I do those LifeLock ads, LifeLock dot com, yourself, LifeLock We thank you?
Speaker 2: Is that what LifeLock is?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Have you been watching my lips move to the yes?
Speaker 2: Keyword? Ryan was like that necklace that you wear.
Speaker 1: Commercials talk about your forward? What you're talking about?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I could talk about my forward for days.
Speaker 1: Heel So you can see that that attention is not love. Attachment is not connection and bare minimum. It's just not effort.
Speaker 2: So good. Also, I just had a revelation.
Speaker 1: You have can we when you want to do it now?
Speaker 3: It's quick though, Okay, it's not so quick so far, I think.
Speaker 2: That you might end up with a pilates instructor.
Speaker 3: It's so good for you, routine discipline, a workout partner.
Speaker 2: Is there own thing going on?
Speaker 1: It's good. It's good elongation of like your your nervous system.
Speaker 2: If you're a single plates instructor, please call in right now.
Speaker 1: Tanya knows several of them. I heard, I do, I do, I do? All right, let's get to that. Thank you, Tanya. I'm write it down headlines that.
Speaker 2: Well, enforcement of the federal real ID law begins today. However, if you don't have one yet you will still be allowed to fly, but expect additional screenings. La County is now accepting applications for the Altadena Disaster Relief Small Business Loan Program, offering up to seventy five thousand dollars to help fire affected businesses recover, rebuild, and retain jobs. Following the Eaton fire, The conclave to elect the two hundred and sixty seventh Pope and successor of Pope Francis begins today. And the Sprinkles location at the Americana in Glendale, you know, the one with the self served cupcake atm and the big bright colored kiosk has closed after twenty years.
Speaker 1: Every mo on the tens we pay bills, so we're about to pay another bill here this morning. And sometimes when you send in your name, you'll write a little note that's attached to it, so we know what we want to help pay, and then what's going on. So Maria Dominguez yesterday we called her name at this time actually, and she said on the bill, please help my family get back on our feet. We lost our home and the Eaton fire and need help with our mortgage payment. We love listening to you guys.
Speaker 2: Maria, yes I'm here.
Speaker 8: Can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Yes, I got It's Ryan Seacrest is a Eitania in the back room.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Hi, Good morning, Hi Ryan, Hi Sisy, Hi Tanya, Hi, Les check in.
Speaker 1: Let us check in with you. How are you doing. What's the status of you your family and life right now?
Speaker 8: It's it's been really hard, you know, since since the fire. You know, we lost everything. You know, we lost five vehicles we lost when we were building, and we didn't have builders insurance, so that's a total loss. And it's just very difficult. You know, it's still feel very surreal, but I feel very blessed. You know, in the midst of all this, you see how much people are being supportive, of how much love, how much help, and it just feels very good to see that, you know, especially because nobody expected anything like this to happen.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, no, And what where did you relocate? Where are you living now?
Speaker 8: We're in Pasadena in a rental for now, but we're all going to rebuild and we are going to go back to Altadena. And you know, it's a blessing to be blessed by you guys, and you know, you to see that you guys are always very helpful and loving to the community. It's very awesome.
Speaker 1: Well, Maria, your resilience is unparalleled, your patience in all of this, and your generosity, your humility, all of it. It's just amazing to hear what you and so many people have gone through and the feeling you have of peace right and in receiving what's been being given to you from people who have tried to help out. I'm so glad. I mean, it's like the universe does work in mysterious ways. In the universe got you in, got your name on the air yesterday, got through and we're going to help just I mean the tiniest little piece to this whole puzzle, but we're going to help with that mortgage payment. And thank you. I just appreciate you listening to us through all the ups and downs. And that's the truth. After what two decades of doing this together on the air, you got ups and downs. And this is a real real ebb. I mean, this is a real crisis, and we just appreciate you still coming back and reaching out to us for help.
Speaker 8: No, it's a blessing. Ryan, I mean, you guys don't understand how big of a blessing that is to us, you know, the support, and you know, I feel very honor and very thankful that you know, you guys are helping us any any little thing he helps, you know, especially with everything that's going on and we're start trying to figure out what's going on. But we have faith. I have faith that we're going to get through this and we're going to be fine.
Speaker 1: Well, Maria, we love you. Say hello to the whole Domingo's family about Tadna, thank you for reaching out. Thank you for getting us your name so we could pay your bills yesterday. Okay, you take good care.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much for blessing you to Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Ryan, he talks to you.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Bye bye.
Speaker 1: Rihanna. It was good to see her at the met gala. I know when I say here at the met gal, I mean see her on the news and the highlights from being at the metal r.
Speaker 2: And her baby bump baby number three.
Speaker 1: There she goes. Congratulations are Ronnie Henry from social media. Welcome social Rannie is in the studio now now, Ronnie, I do recall the fire department of the cops having to come last time. But Beyonce was in town.
Speaker 9: What it was when Nicki Minaj was Yeah, and they have to come let me out of the house so I could get to the concert.
Speaker 1: So you are a threat when big names tour. Yeah, there's a danger when big names tour. Beyonce Tonight's the fourth night of her five nights show. It's so fi statim you did two nights. Were the two nights the same or did she change things up over the two nights?
Speaker 9: Yeah, so the two nights were completely different, and I am so thankful I was at both because if I missed it, I would have really cried.
Speaker 1: How completely different.
Speaker 9: And so she changed like from night one it was like, okay, cute tourists starting.
Speaker 1: You got to see what the show was about.
Speaker 9: And then night two, I just went last second and then it was like new songs were added.
Speaker 1: Her stage was like different, she was. I think they made notes and tweaked it.
Speaker 9: Yes, because she's she studies, so I think she was seeing what people were saying on social media. And then she changed like she like flies on this horseshoe. She changed where the horseshoe flew like it was so many things and added like way throwback songs like songs she had in years, so it was insane.
Speaker 1: And tell me about how the did you did the aerostour? Did you go on?
Speaker 6: Ye?
Speaker 1: See me that? Yeah, I went to the air store. You can't compare them, but can you compare them?
Speaker 9: I don't know that you could really compare them because it's just different. They're different artists. I feel like Taylor is such an amazing songwriter and she really performs like very well, and everyone knows how much theatrical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, almost theatrical.
Speaker 9: And then I'm like, Beyonce, you just know it's a performance, like we're about to get a show, you're about to eat eat.
Speaker 1: It was amazing. So were you full after you ate so much?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Well I was full, but I just need even more. That's why I keep going and going and going.
Speaker 1: All right, bring your pepto because you are gonna eat Ronnie. Is it three hours two and a half? Yeah? Three? You gotta appreciate that. Yeah, Taylor did that. Ye, Yonce's doing that.
Speaker 9: And she comes on sharp eight fifteen, Like I was shocked that it was like that early because she has no opener.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm grateful for punctuality concert. Yeah, and it's just it's a long show. And even when you think, okay, I'm about to be done like more yeah, like she performs Texas hold on Like, which was the biggest hit off her Cowboy Carter album, and then you.
Speaker 9: Think, okay, you know you end on a hit. No, the show keeps going and going and going. So it's a really really good show. Ronnie, Are you going again? I sure am so well. I'm trying to debate because she has a show tonight, night four, so she's almost done. But I think I want to go Friday for night five. Yeah, because it's the last show. You know she's about to turn up and turn out like you just know it's going to be such a good show.
Speaker 1: But my problem is with your problem. We have Wingo tangled.
Speaker 2: The next day, so you got to work like a twenty hour day the next day. Can you do it?
Speaker 1: I can? Yeah, I'm like I can.
Speaker 9: So I think I am going to go and then I'm going one more time to see her in Paris?
Speaker 1: Can I see your time?
Speaker 11: Shit?
Speaker 8: Here?
Speaker 1: How many hours do you work at Kiss? What's going on with Ronnie? He got more time off?
Speaker 2: Time off? He's just going to st night time.
Speaker 1: Yes, Like social media is twenty four to seven. All right, it doesn't job is twenty four seven. No, this job is twenty fourth. I'm always working sleep.
Speaker 9: Even with the met Gala, Rihanna was the last one to walk the carpet, I'm posting that she is pregnant at like nine pm.
Speaker 1: So you're always working and I work. This is my job. I love, this is your well you do and we appreciate. All right, walk I think Friday should go. Yeah, do the fifth night and keep us posted. We'll talk to you at Wango Tang, which is the following day. Ronnie from social media with the report that Beyonce is there, Meg Gray this morning. We will see sun this afternoon in most places highs around seventy eighty and weather for Wango Tanga, which I'm just giving away tickets to h right now for this hour, is gonna be nice. Piper is on the line. Hi, Piper, good morning. It's Ryan and Sisney and Tanya.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 1: Iys, how are you? Oh?
Speaker 4: I'm doing okay?
Speaker 8: How are you okay?
Speaker 1: Thanks? It sounds like you're not doing as well as you want to be doing. So what's happening? Says your sister is trying to one up your wedding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like I think so. So, Like basically I got engaged aged in like November, like six fish months ago, and I've been deep in the wedding planning thing and then, you know, very exciting because like my sister also got engaged recently. But the issue is that she set her wedding date a week before mine, and I've had mindset for like a minute.
Speaker 1: So okay, then why there's clearly a reason why she did that. You don't do that coincidentally, what's the issue?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I know she really she's like always wanted to get married in Italy, like fancy on the water and all that, and she says it's going to be a small wedding and it like really shouldn't be a big deal. She was looking at a venue that she liked in Italy and they randomly had like an opening a week before my date, so she booked it.
Speaker 1: I would like to officiate. I like the food, I like olive oil. I can make time for it.
Speaker 3: You can't just start afficiating every single wedding.
Speaker 1: Why would you on the water? You just her sister.
Speaker 2: It's just yeah, that's not the point.
Speaker 1: You know, I didn't know Sisney, we'll come back to a piper some sorry about this for this little dispute, but I did not know when I spent all of my time studying to be ordained, that it was going to be exclusive, Like there was no buy out here, exclusivity clause in the deal that I recall, no.
Speaker 2: A clause in you.
Speaker 1: It's very possessive, all right. Pinning that piper back to you, why did why would your sister? Are you? Have you always been competitive?
Speaker 6: Mike?
Speaker 4: Kind of? We're pretty close in age, so you know, it just like is what it is. I think she's always tried to one up me like that. But now I just can't stop thinking, like what if we get sick, like in travel, Like what if our parents get sick, like they will have gone to hers and not mine?
Speaker 1: You know, I, I you can't do it.
Speaker 2: You can't do the what ifs, because what if you get sick? Even if nobody this wasn't the issue, how do you deal with it? Because it's she's done it. There's a reason she's done, and now what's the reaction that you have? You can't both do this, So either you got to talk to her and she's got to move it or.
Speaker 1: You got to postpone. You can't just you can't just have your weddings back to back like that.
Speaker 2: And you kind of have deposits been paid.
Speaker 4: They have been paid.
Speaker 10: That's the thing.
Speaker 4: Like the money is a huge factor. So for both of you, I feel yeah, yeah, well.
Speaker 2: Then it's then it is a marathon party wedding double weekend, like keep the party going. No, that's so rich.
Speaker 1: It's the hand she's been dealt And I ain't got to find out what the issue was with your sister.
Speaker 2: Can you check with your venue?
Speaker 3: Can you check with your venue to see if there's anything before hers?
Speaker 4: The thing is like I love my venue and she knows that. So again feels kind of malicious on her part. But yeah, I think it might just be one of those things where we're like, we see who's loyal to who and the family. Unfortunately, we're gonna.
Speaker 1: Play it out. We're gonna have to play it out. It's not the hand we want. We're gonna have to play it out. All right, Well, Piper, congratulations on the most important thing. You found the love of your life and you're going to spend the rest of your life getting old together with him.
Speaker 2: You didn't like the getting old together.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I said. It was in my head because you keep saying it.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying it.
Speaker 1: Somebody said it to me.
Speaker 2: You're the one that brought it up. Yeah, I think I.
Speaker 1: Sharon says it in one of his songs.
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 1: Well that's why I brought it up.
Speaker 2: Well that's not new, Piper.
Speaker 1: How do we deal with each other on a regular basis? I have no idea, but we're going to let you go and good luck to you.
Speaker 2: Good luck, thank you. Trying to be positive.
Speaker 1: No, he talks about you know, it's a great song from way back where it talks about getting old together.
Speaker 2: Perfect. Yeah, but you just told us last week that you don't like that.
Speaker 1: No, I don't because I think it's a state of mind. I want to be young for a.
Speaker 2: Long time together, exactly.
Speaker 1: I want to be energetic for a long time together. I want to be flexible and mobile for a long time together.
Speaker 2: And with who.
Speaker 1: We don't know if it's who's the I.
Speaker 2: Don't have one in mind. I just think in general that's a great match for you.
Speaker 1: And you just had this epiphany just this morning. Yes, Wow, somehow I just a picture of Ronnie in a lime green shirt opened and barely any clothes on. Was on my death is why am I supposed to look at that when I was talking to him earlier?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: What's he posed? What fashion photo shoot is he doing?
Speaker 2: I don't know where he was. He was in Miami. No, I think he was in Mexico for birthday, birthday.
Speaker 1: So oiled up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a baby oil on.
Speaker 1: He puts a baby oil on.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he's put baby oil on.
Speaker 1: I just yeah, oh, all right, Well I didn't. I didn't see that photo when I was talking to him. Maybe I was surprised you didn't say anything. I didn't see it. I just saw it underneath my other stuff right now, all right, because I was looking for the Keana's facts and Keana So here's the thing. The Long Beach Barbecue Festival, the LBBBQF is coming up May twenty third and twenty fourth, and Keana helps organize it. She was a hometown hustler on our show a few years back. That's right, Keana. She came on the show a couple of years ago to talk about the launch of her business, Axiom kitchen, smoked meats and barbecue and long Beach. And she's on the line with this right now. We're talking about the big Taco event right here in LA I want to give the barbecue event some love too. And here she is right now, Keana, how you been today.
Speaker 4: I'm doing great, Thanks for having us on.
Speaker 1: How's Axiom Kitchen doing.
Speaker 10: It's doing really well. We are super excited to be doing the Barbecue Festival again. But business itself has been great as well, with our barbecue.
Speaker 1: Restaurant, Good thirty barbecue vendors from across California with live music, whiskey tastings, a kid zone, and celebrity chefs. Fun going to be all out there for the Barbecue Festival. And you got Texas, Wrapped Carolina, Kansas City, all different styles of barbecue are represented.
Speaker 10: Yeah, We're going to have just barbecue from all regions. There's gonna be some of the best pitmasters in the country here at this festival. Everything risky, the ribs, Latin Island style fusion. It's going to be really really cool.
Speaker 2: I like ends ends for ends, ends, bur ends.
Speaker 1: Or burnt ends. Yeah, I like the ends.
Speaker 2: Ends look like I want a little bit more meat on mine.
Speaker 1: I love the burnt end? All right? What can you set the scene if people are looking for something to do May twenty three, May twenty four, how do we get to go and what can we expect? Can we taste all this stuff at the Long Beach Barbecue Festival.
Speaker 10: Sure, I'll let my my quote organizer and husband Ian after that.
Speaker 11: Hi, Hi, that's up? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Tickets are available now on eventp right, or you can go to our website, Long Beach bbqfest dot com and there will be some pictures there what's going on last year and kind of get an idea of what's going on this year. And the link to the event right is on there as well. And real quick, I just want touch, real quick. We can't forget about Cali barbecue because that's one of our old missions is to change the narrative of West Coast barbecue and kind of get that recognition that it deserves. For sure.
Speaker 1: What is the definition of Cali barbecue now?
Speaker 11: Well, see over there in the South, it's mainly just salt and pepper, whereas over here it's a lot more than just salt and pepper. We have finishing oils, we have herb oils, we have compound butters. People even have you know, like Jana had mentioned Island Fusion, West Coast Cali Barbecue, and it's just like it's an eclectic mix of people getting to express their culture and themselves through the smoking meats.
Speaker 1: I mean it's art. You're expressing your history, your roots, your culture, your childhood, your family through the way you prepare the barbecue. It is art. I love it. All right, get get down there and have some fun with that. Make twenty third, twenty four Shoreline Aquatic Park and Keana. Thank you so much. Continued success at axiome if you want to check them out at axiom Underscore Kitchen on Instagram.
Speaker 11: All right, brother, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Thanks, take good care. Bye bye. Now, if you were to say to me Ryan, what you were in your last meal to be, actually it might be barbecue.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: I I always do pizza, but I really grew up eating this stuff and I really like it. I don't eat as much as I used to. I do cave for it. I do cave for it.
Speaker 2: And can you cook it?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 2: Are you no good?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: On the ground?
Speaker 1: Okay, No, it's a smoker. It's a slow cook. I don't have the patience for it, but I do like to get it from one of the great places, like the hole in the wall places that do it. Remember we did our holiday party mark one of the great places here.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was in Venice.
Speaker 1: In Venice, what was it called?
Speaker 2: The crutch? Clutch?
Speaker 1: Clutch Clutch? Is it still there? That was awesome? Clutch road still there there? It is so clutch down of minutes. We loved that that I've been there. Yeah, it was really really fun. Good see that kind of plays. Clutch was so good. Shout out to Clutch. It's been a minute. About to play the match game? Hey back, when we need two contestants for the match game? Is that the one where we need ruby in the panel?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, I can never remember which fort No, I can't remember which is a match game and the other one is a password? Yes, yeah, okay, Well we're gonna play the match games. Sure we stand by and Tops, I guess we need you as well, all right, right, and we need two contestants to play for Wingo Tango tickets. So what year did the first Air Force ones come out from Nike? I believe I had the first round of these in real life? Do we know the year that they first came out? The Air Force ones from Nights? Because they're doing a new version now that looks like the old ones. I guess you get them all scuffed up and dirty.
Speaker 2: Yes, instead of that, so I did have nineteen eighty, say eighty two.
Speaker 1: Eighty two, Okay, I'd be in first round.
Speaker 2: So instead of that fresh, crisp white sneak that we all know, these come looking already worn and scuffed up.
Speaker 1: You as worn.
Speaker 2: They're new as warm, but it's meant to be this way, got worn. They just look worn exactly. They have stains, they have frayed edges.
Speaker 1: So I think, if I'm gonna buy something, I wanted to be dentle white.
Speaker 2: Well, now wait a minute, wait a minute. The outer layer eventually starts scratching away the texture that fades over time, then reveals a very bright white, brand new sneaker underneath that mess.
Speaker 1: So it's like a top.
Speaker 2: It's almost like, yeah, like a science project in a way. That's what I was saying. I'm like, this is either the dumbest idea or the most genius idea.
Speaker 1: It's Nike, so it's probably a good idea.
Speaker 2: And I think so too. And they were released this morning at seven am. You had to get them exclusively on the Nike Sneakers app. I know, just based off like my husband is a little bit of a sneakerhead and he will wait for shoes to drop like that's a thing. It's not my thing, but that's a thing. And he will get on right at seven. I mean he's like if you're if you're seconds late, like it sells out, you're done, like you know. So, yeah, it's true, there is a there is a big buzz about these ones. I don't have that app, but I'm assuming they're gone already. One hundred and thirty bucks is what you could have gotten for.
Speaker 1: It's whiter and cleaner and newer looking as you wear it.
Speaker 2: It's quite a concept, yes, And if you can't wait, it'll give you like a brush or a little scrub that you could like scrub all the stuff off and then have your white shoes.
Speaker 1: Up on my nineteen eighty two versions for wing.
Speaker 2: Otango, Yes, bring him out.
Speaker 1: Yoja Cat, Megan Trainer, David Getta rolling out, Gwen Stefani going to be there too, and you could be Mercedes. You are contested number one. Good morning, good morning. Are you ready to play the match game?
Speaker 7: I am ready.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna get contested number two here on the line. So Mercedes in Lakewood and Corey and see me Valley, Corey, good morning, you are contested number two. You're ready for the match game.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, here we.
Speaker 1: Go, Mercedes and Corey. I am going to play with each of you individually. Okay, we'll give you a phrase with the blank in it. Whoever gets the most matches to our panel, we'll win. We'll start with you, Mercedes, and don't say it out loud Yours is silver blank? What do you think the panel is going to put in the blank? The more you match with what they say, the better your chance of being winger tangle will be so silver blank? What do you think, Mercedes? Silver?
Speaker 4: What I want to say? Silver bells?
Speaker 1: Silver bells?
Speaker 4: Yes, that's exactly what I thought.
Speaker 1: Ciciny, did you say silver bells?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 2: I did not. I said dollar.
Speaker 1: Oh, Tanya, did you say silver bells?
Speaker 2: I did not. I said silver lining.
Speaker 1: But my second one, did you say silver bells?
Speaker 2: I did it? I said silver Chaine.
Speaker 1: Man, And now comes down to our engineer Jeff tobs tubs. Did you say silver bells? I said silver back like the gorilla.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: If you need explanation, then it's not. But I have heard you can go see those, right, can't you do? Like so far as to see the silver back stubs? Probably?
Speaker 2: I think they're dangerous though you don't want to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna stay away and watch videos. All right, Corey, you're up now, you got dudes, get one match.
Speaker 8: I would have said silver bullet, and I would have got no matches either.
Speaker 1: So I was singing silver bullet too, was singing the beer, so I was with you, all right, Cory, yours is jelly blank. Don't say it out loud? Jelly blank? What is it gonna be? And I feel like this is easy? Mark. You definitely did not give it a fair round. Corey, what'd you say? Jelly jelly beans? Beans? Isney jelly bean? Jelly bean? Unfair round? Tanya? What you say?
Speaker 2: I said, jelly donut?
Speaker 1: Ruby, I said jellyfish tops.
Speaker 2: I went with jelly roll. I'm gonna say general too.
Speaker 1: Cory, you got VIP tickets to our wingo Tango will see out there right? Oh, congratulation, Mercedes, Hold on, hold on, okay, Corey will see out there. Hold on Mercedes, Mercedes Mercedes, Yes, totally unfair round. I did not do that. Mark, our producer stacked the deck in Corey's favor. So I'm gonna give you tickets as well to our Ingo Tago.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, thank you.
Speaker 1: For sure, for sure, for sure. I'll see out there right.
Speaker 11: Oh right, thank you, Acede.
Speaker 1: You're very welcome. Well, Ciciny total unfair round total.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of agree for the record. She won because of me, and there was only one. It was one to nothing, gently versus silver, one to nothing. I'm with Mark. I thought it was easy at first, but then none of you guys had beans.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, so you know, inside our iheartradiot, we got these uh talkbacks coming at us at all the times, and they're super fun. I'm gonna roll through some now. It's that red microphone. You can just tap it and we get a voice note. So what a lovely message we got from Denise and Passer Robbles.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Ryan, Sisney and Tanya. My name is Denise, Sam live in Passer Robbles. I am from the San Fernando Valley and I just love you guys. I listened to you every day and you guys make me laugh. And yeah, I just wanted to tell you that I love you guys.
Speaker 1: Thanks by, It's very sweet just to reach out for that. We appreciate you listening there and Tracy and Riverside says Sistney is right about La Boo boo that La boo boo boo.
Speaker 2: Is I want one so bad?
Speaker 1: Remind me what is?
Speaker 2: They're like, these little stuffy animals that have like almost a monster looking grin, like the sharp teeth and big eyeballs and everyone's clipping them to their purses. Good morning, Ryan, sisany Tanya, the la Boo boo craze. It's for real.
Speaker 5: I work out of elementary school and the kids are now hanging them on a belt loop at school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're the new garbage, pale kid cabbage patch, Yeah craze. Here's Matthew Connecticut. Hi.
Speaker 5: My name is Matthew Ramponent. I'm on the autism spectrum. I'm a huge fan of Ryan seacrust. I was wondering if he would happen to know if Rita or will be returning from the year's rocket Eve twenty twenty six. I think they make a great duo. I also got a photo with him on December thirtieth, twenty twenty three, and he said he really enjoyed my microphone that looked just like his, and that would mean the world to me. If they can get back, if he can get back to me and let me know about Rita Ora for this year.
Speaker 1: Thank you well, Matthew. First of all, thank you for remembering all of that, and thank you for listening. I do recall that microphone actually out there. Let's I don't know if it's been announced or not, but let's just say I don't think Red is gonna be somewhere else on New Year's Eve there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, like that team think.
Speaker 1: A matter of fact, she's gonna be into in concert here? When is that? Let's go see she and Kylie Minogue together.
Speaker 2: Let's do it? Wait?
Speaker 1: That is it?
Speaker 2: That that just happened?
Speaker 1: I missed it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we all missed it. Non I was last week.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Were there, like a lot of my friends were there.
Speaker 1: I'd love read It's amazing.
Speaker 2: I missed it.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Matthew. That's your news. Good things will happen. I appreciate you reaching out. That's it. That is gonna run it down for our Wednesday morning broadcast. Thanks for being here. Tomorrow, we're back with the Ryan's Roses. That's at seven forty. Also, more of the VIP tickets are Wingo Tango on Airthrine Secrets. The podcast will be up Park Ones to get up there. It'll be up by noon, for sure, but usually it's much earlier than there is, something about ten thirty, but noon, we say, just to be safe, we're kind of loose on that deadline. Push to the noon on the air, but maybe get lucky and see it at ten thirty five. All right, we'll see you tomorrow. Guys, have a great Wednesday evening. Tomorrow it's a downward slope into Wango Tangle weekend on Kids FM. See you. Thanks for listening to on Air with Ryan Seacrest. Make sure to subscribe and we'll talk to you again tomorrow