Speaker 1: Hello, ram By, Yeah, all right, bye, what it's like to work on this show?
Speaker 2: Hello By?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hello ram By?
Speaker 2: Hello Andrew? Hello, then Andrew.
Speaker 3: You what happened to you? Guys?
Speaker 2: Are you doing that? You're just pushed us over the brink?
Speaker 3: Not that bye, Oh, I've got terrible sleep deprivation, man, sleep deprivation, Andrew. It's CIA Black site levels. Mate, Maybe not maybe not that bad. Maybe not in a CIA Black site. Ah. Man, this is wonderful energy to come into hold.
Speaker 1: I'm so I'm in a state of delirium from lack of sleep over the the last I have like accumulated maybe five hours of sleep since.
Speaker 4: Fuck, wait, what happened? My fucking kids? My fucking baby stein his crib.
Speaker 3: So we had to get the dang we had to get the tottle the bed out for him, tot the bed out for him, and he just escapes the bloody thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like he's just so free now. But also like this is all part of his development. He's now fully in that thing.
Speaker 2: And I liked can fly and he's just.
Speaker 3: Like, what are you doing? What's that? What's that? Yeah, it's just fucking it's crazy over here. Yeah, all right, let's do this.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, well I was just that's not not a typical.
Speaker 3: Well, not that I were screaming at Bay. There's a lot of.
Speaker 2: Insane super cut of accent, I think, just all the dumb accents, all right, damn Bay? And then Andrew asking why are energy? Yeah, he doesn't need to be a typical Yeah, not a typical week, not a typical show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't go. I don't have much in the tank, man, That's pretty much all I can give you A the tank. I'm Hank the fucking tank right.
Speaker 2: Now, the famous Hank the tank.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's me, Hank the Hank Engine, Thomas, the Hank Engine.
Speaker 2: Is that a thing?
Speaker 3: Can we use that?
Speaker 2: I have nothing in the tank? Two? Is that a thing? I think feels like a call?
Speaker 3: Though I have nothing in the tank too? Is that a thing?
Speaker 2: Pipeline Hell, the Internet and welcome in ninety three, Episode four of Daredey's Guys. It's a production of iHeart Radio. It's a podcast where we take a deep down to America, share countess and it is Thursday, June nineteenth, twenty twenty five. Yes, it's Junete. Hey.
Speaker 1: Unless you're corporate America, then it's just Thursday, the nice Thursday.
Speaker 2: We're off. We're off obviously, so no episode tomorrow, episode exactly.
Speaker 3: That's where we went.
Speaker 1: But yeah, again, if you don't know what you should know, fucking Juneteenth this, I'm not here to fuck it.
Speaker 3: If you don't know, come on now, educate yourself.
Speaker 1: And it's also World Sauntering Day, which feels like aggressive to juxtaposteenth with being like, hey, why.
Speaker 3: Do you just take like a casual, fancy.
Speaker 2: Free walk on this day and then like the best description of the gate of the the slave owners sauntering around? Yeah, you know, oh my god, day for sauntering, it says, slow down.
Speaker 3: In fact, try mosying around on June nineteen. All right, oh whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Yeah, I thought MOSI Day was coming out of violence. Yeah, I know, I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we see you shout out black people, shout out, you know, freedom for the moment, for the moment, for the.
Speaker 2: Moment, as my favorite freedom fighter Mel Gibson once said, you know, yeah, all right, my name is Jack O'Brien aka, we start World War three. I got it in Yahoo with me. We start World War three. Congress they can suck on my peen one courtesy of Nick cepper Tyrannis Nick Simper Tyrannis on the discord. A bit of the Nick temper Tyrannis on the discord, I think written from the perspective of h I don't know one Donald Trump, Yeah, g Vance, m h yeah, this is this was the fear all along imp the dipshit in there. He's gonna start World War three because somebody was like mean to him, because we did a protest. Those mean to him and He's like, oh yeah, check this ship out.
Speaker 3: I'm weir right now out. Yeah you think I'm baby.
Speaker 2: Anyways, I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Gray.
Speaker 3: Miles Great, the showgun with no gun, the most sleep deprived dude in the San Fernando Valley at the moment, I do want to shout out all that gang who's reached out through many channels on social media. If someone even posted, like I saw a thing on Reddit where people were trying to give you advice, baby, like I love that gang. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Training for Miles.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, so again, thank you, thank you for all the tips. I'm still in the trenches as it were.
Speaker 2: But I will say overwhelmingly they seem to be give give the baby a weed gummy, and I just I feel like that's not.
Speaker 3: I think we should we should knock that show encouraged child abuse. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm not going to do that, but I am doing. Look, there have been many variations on like just just kind of hit just fucking hang out a little bit, they fall asleep. I've been trying to that, but then he does a thing Jack like you said your kid did the second I shift.
Speaker 2: The weight where you go where you.
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, it's it's it's wild, but we're We're I'm finding a balance. It's wild.
Speaker 1: I also I get so clear in the middle of the night where I'm like barely asleep, I'm like sort of this like lucid state where a lot of really too bad ideas come to my mind that I that I think will make a good cold open. And they don't try to start night podcasting, just keep a little just whisper night casting.
Speaker 3: Baby still won't sleep. Hey man, you got something to say, You got something to say that you don't go fuck?
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I had something to say. I'm also a little sleep deprepped, so I had a thing to say that left my brain.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you guys this. I feel great.
Speaker 2: I got plenty of sleep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at least, look one out of three ain't bad.
Speaker 2: So that's right.
Speaker 3: I'm well rested, but under prepared. Don't worry.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tap into some then I'm tapping into something to keep this show fucking elevator.
Speaker 3: Let's fucking go. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, I remember what I was gonna say. I remember this period of my life when my life constantly my life shout out to Mela delirious, having a new found appreciation for the drugs that your brain like dumps into your bloodstream as you're falling asleep, you know, like that that lucid clarity where you just like get to know sleep a little bit better because you're kind of constantly like in and out of it, you know. And then like that was the first time I had a real appreciation. It's like, oh, like all the drugs that we do are just like trying to get back to what is, yeah, what our brain naturally does for us, where it's just like and you're high, like that's what dreams are. It's just like you are so high right now and floating away on a stream of brain chemicals. Enjoy. Does that make sense?
Speaker 6: Well, because because the drugs don't create the chemical, they're just squeezing it out.
Speaker 2: Give your brain. I don't think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not that M D M A I'm looking for. I needed to squeeze all the Sarah Tonin and neurot out of my.
Speaker 6: Brain and then I whoa, Right, I just said the most freshman in college version of realizing how drugs were so Having taken the bog hit, I am now philosophizing the.
Speaker 2: Freshman in college bung hit. Like first bung hit conversations are vastly underrated. That's that's the good stuff, that's yours.
Speaker 3: If you could just be like, bro, we've taped like it is. That's what this is, all right, that's true. That's the level I operate after. I don't like I don't like podcasts where people know ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's literally in the like crazy idea I had well looking at a pink Floyd poster.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, And for me it's wild reckless speculation.
Speaker 2: That's right, quick thing. A bunch of new listeners for some reason, maybe the dissolution of the mainstream media impending fascism. But hi, welcome and uh yeah, if people like the show, rate review it, tell your friend about it.
Speaker 3: Got help, Thanks for thanks for listening. Yeah, thank you to a chance on this group.
Speaker 2: Of Thanks for taking right now.
Speaker 3: It's also conversation.
Speaker 2: It's just like so volatile, didn't you Miles were thrilled to be joined in the third our third seat, but one of our favorites, one of the very faces on Mount Zite wore a hilarious and brilliant producer, TV writer you know from the Yos This racist podcast one of the all time great podcasts. Yeah, it's Andrew to and.
Speaker 3: I didn't refer to Ka Ta, but normally I will say this, I usually plug it in quite a bit of effort trying to come up with a song.
Speaker 6: I did peruse briefly the Discord. New listeners, go check out the Discord. Still more pissed talk than I would have thought.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you gave them a nice talking to the last time you were on, you were like, go to the AKA thing. They took that as like a personal challenge, which I kind of respect, where they're just like yeah, oh yeah. They called out the fact that three years, probably longer. Four years after Jack told this anecdote, we're still just writing lyrics about his pants and pretending of his water ice. We're gonna do that even more.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, sorry, I'm just okay. Next time I'm on the show, my mission will be to tell a personal, bodily fluid anecdote extremity, even more extremity that.
Speaker 2: It doesn't need to be more. Yeah, although it is pretty unextreme, because I'm pretty sure pissed my pants. I'm pretty sure it was, just like.
Speaker 3: Yours is the lowest song of embarrassing thing.
Speaker 2: I just think we could beat it. I just think we could beat it.
Speaker 6: I'm the throne I'm gutting for is relentless inside joke on the ak.
Speaker 2: Impenetrable akhe I'm pretty sure. I like, I know for a fact, I can be. There are plenty of story, embarrassing, humiliating stories from my life that I just haven't told yet. So it's we're we're dulling these out.
Speaker 5: This is.
Speaker 2: An arm right, man. When I was drinking too much, boy, oh boy, did I do some humiliating things. Folks. You'll find out about that in the years to come, I know, not not me. Anyway, really great new listeners material. This is impenetrable. Lare inside jokes. That's right, That's that's what we're here for.
Speaker 6: Wonderful, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Welcome, and now get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 2: Andrew. We're thrilled to have you. We're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of the things that we're talking about. Uh, we're going to just take a look at the general state of the world. How you know, we're seeing some bad things happen, and we're generally not good at looking running the tape back to see where that where those bad things from.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: But we're gonna we're gonna look at a couple the two big ones, Yeah, the Ice Raids and the war with Iran, the war being waged on Iran.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna look at both of those situations and whether the US had anything to do with.
Speaker 1: The anything to do anything, anything at all, probably anything at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're just here. Things are happening to us.
Speaker 3: Not the American boomerang striking us right in the face again, camp, Yeah, at this time.
Speaker 2: So we'll talk about that. We'll also talk about why we like Tucker Carlson. Now, no that's not true, but Carlson, Welcome to the Resistance. Won't know how many times I've seen that tweeted. Now I'm one of our new listeners. Yeah, come to brunch. Now the live cookout is brunch. We need these people that the cookout. But the people who say talker Carls and welcome to brunch, I know exactly. We need the If Kama led one, we'd all be at brunch right now. We need them, We need them to watch to wide tent. I don't have to like them, though, and I'm going to talk med ship about them and you can.
Speaker 3: But look, we got to say focus man, it's about.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that. There's some there's an article in the New York Times just talking just giving some anecdotes and then some research about how people are interacting with chat, GPT and large large language models. That pretty fine, pretty wild. I'm always skeptical about these because I remember an era when the mainstream media was just combing the crime blodder for any crime that was committed that was in any way tangentially related to either video games or internet chat rooms would be like chat room murder, you know, like and so I don't want to fall into that. On the other hand, this stuff is pretty unique to chat, GBT and AI, and it's it's.
Speaker 6: Worked over ahead a little bit. I don't think it is man. People don't fucking Eliza in the nineties.
Speaker 2: That's true. Yeah, I think we're just what we're like. They are nonetheless very entertaining.
Speaker 1: I don't encouraging you to do harm to yourself, which in a lot of cases which.
Speaker 2: It is not entertaining. And Ozzy Osbourne's DNA you can go buy that, uh fortunately just to saliva. Ah.
Speaker 3: No, it's fine. Whatever you find under your.
Speaker 2: Canail, your come Ozzy Osbourne.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ozzy Osbourne. It's just what. He doesn't even have DNA at this point. I'm pretty sure he's like this.
Speaker 2: Household, we believe.
Speaker 3: Give me your Ozzie Osbourne.
Speaker 2: All right, Andrew, welcome new listeners, all of that plenty more.
Speaker 6: I feel like you guys took this as a challenge as much as.
Speaker 3: You know, all my ship is going to be weird and dumb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so good, so perfect.
Speaker 3: Strap in, strap in assholes, Uh.
Speaker 2: Andrew with something from your search history that's revealing about who you are.
Speaker 6: I started, Uh, I guess the best way to say this is, is it like best this This is just an amalgamation of quite a long couple of minutes of searching, but best container for steaming vegetables in a microwave. I've become a microwave steaming motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, steam and Willie Beamon over here exactly.
Speaker 6: I visited my sister who is like a new Ish mom, and she's just like, chop up the broccoli, put it in the fucking microwave.
Speaker 3: Let's to learn a lesson about a ficiency. So good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it really like I was like, oh, this is fucking honestly amazing.
Speaker 3: And I just wanted to make sure.
Speaker 6: I don't know, I feel like I'm like like definitively like barn door after the microplastics have like deeply invaded my brain already. But I got like cold feet about the vessel I was using a microwave.
Speaker 3: My vegetables did, so I had to I had to go down that rabbit hole a little bit.
Speaker 6: But yeah, it's been mostly saran wrap and with my yeah, glass bole.
Speaker 2: That's because it does it every time. That works for me. Yeah, yeah, I use.
Speaker 3: A milar balloon usually.
Speaker 2: Good. I actually use card going out every time. I created a bowl out of just pure Scotch guard. I like, you put my hand in a bowl shape and sketch guard the inside of my hands like a little bowl and that's oh my god, that's beautiful. And then into the my was the original forever chemical I think, right, that's like the one that three M made and like, yeah, people were like immediately like if you lived anywhere that scotch card was during the fifties, you have this in your that was.
Speaker 3: Just like like tape for the inside of your veins basically.
Speaker 2: Exactly. It's just like like scotch tape, but inside you What if you had just like liquid scotch tape running throughout your body.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know, I'm trying to stay in the like, you know, unintended consequences maybe positive thing. I'm one, you know, obviously this can't be good. It's a little bit the same as the you know, chat GPT brain poison thing.
Speaker 3: But I'm just like, I don't know, on some level, maybe you know, maybe we're going to find.
Speaker 6: Out that people with all this Scotch guard in their blood get fewer strokes or I guess what's more likely, way, way, way more strokes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now fewer our blood more slippery.
Speaker 3: We shall see.
Speaker 2: So it's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, plastic dudes, We're just we're just plastic plastic. Anyway. I've been having aretchy.
Speaker 6: Believable amounts of uh steamed steamed box mostly.
Speaker 2: Do we like have we underrated the microwave? Just I feel like it feels worse than it actually is. Like I've always like felt like that's a cancer box. But like I'll use an age.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think I think not to not to docks us to the new listeners in our eternal youth.
Speaker 3: But I think people in our generation, what we're twenty seven, so we were we were all this, I'm four.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we were saying kids, don't stand, don't stand too close to the mark, like three grades above me, right, He's like three grades are you guys?
Speaker 2: Teachers?
Speaker 3: Are we mean twentieth grade?
Speaker 2: It actually we met so young that it's weird that I was hanging out with him being overwing. That guy's already going through puberty. Why college kid, Lets me sip some beers, okay, just some people. I'm reading that the microwaves that come out are non ionizing.
Speaker 3: So that's right. That isn't dangerous to people.
Speaker 2: That's good. Yeah, I think I think it's it's.
Speaker 6: Like, because they've been around for so long, if they were causing cancer, first of all, how would we know, right, getting there's just too much.
Speaker 3: We're justulating Anyways.
Speaker 2: This is usually what we're showing back. This is usually when our show gets in trouble, when we're like, and what about like water alcalizing and.
Speaker 3: Oh oh man, listen, I'm replacing either of my under or opera with that. No, I get ready, it's gonna be even worse.
Speaker 2: Oh no, all right, Andrew, what's something you think is underrated? Oh man? Just using normal ass? Water?
Speaker 6: Way underrated? Not using normal ass? Okay, listen, whatever I got. I took one step up in coffee madness, and I am now buying separate minerals to put into distilled water to make coffee with in the mornings.
Speaker 2: So you're using distilled water and then adding us from tap water back in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but like a calibrated proportion, I suppose. So I guess underrated is not using an insane coffee process. Here's the thing I will tell you, Jack, I don't have the palette or the ability, especially given the like cognitive dissonance that has gone into this process, to tell you whether it tastes better.
Speaker 2: It tastes better to me, sure, but.
Speaker 3: That's because I fucking bought a powder off the internet and now have to like buy water. Including this week, I went at midnight, past midnight to the CVS that was open, just so I could get distilled water so I could have my morning coffee.
Speaker 2: Damn, wow, wow, culinary arts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're doing this thing about like marinating a coke and the refrigerator for three weeks.
Speaker 3: It tastes better.
Speaker 2: Man, It's crispy, although it actually gets a little bit overly crispy. I like the five day crispiness. Yeah, five days, twelve hours.
Speaker 3: Got to bring it back. What Andrews do you think is overrated? All right, I'll just be I it's it is.
Speaker 6: As we talked about it a second, it is, And I'm positive I said something like this last time.
Speaker 2: It was a big protest.
Speaker 6: But it is something I need to constantly tamp down in myself, which is the like my reflexive hating on the like drum folks at protests because it's it's like they're fine. They're fine, They genuinely are fine. I I have to remind myself of saying that. I feel like I coined but maybe not that which is which is being corny is not a crime, like I don't think it's I don't, It's not, to me, the funniest thing I've ever heard. I wish more people on whatever is left of fucking Nancy Pelosi would be a little more creative and not parrot a bit from fucking five years ago. Still, however, you know, I'm glad you're here, thank you for being on on the.
Speaker 2: Streets, and honestly, kind of a revolutionary idea if we could, if everybody across the board could just like inhabit that like from like you know, far left. Yeah, just corny is not a crime, like yes, like it is them singing take Trump out of the Why is that cool? Is that funny? No, it's not. But if we took Trump out of the White House, the world would be better. So let's just let them sing the thing that I think we all agree on. I don't, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Don't, I'm not, I don't, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Uh, I'm mad at the message you know what I mean, Right, Yeah, that's I think.
Speaker 6: It's just like like because I would say, I mean, the biggest like tragedy of this is like, yes, all the like kind of like wokeness scolds, including me on Yosi's racist, Like a big part of this like insane fascist backlash was like those people feeling.
Speaker 3: You know, victimized. Yeah, sure, well you mean to me.
Speaker 2: We weren't wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I think the other part exactly, it's like, yeah, you need to respect trains people. That's that's that's a non negotiable. But I think the thing is for people who are hearing that when they're when they're a material living situation is dire, It's like, I honestly don't have the bandwidth for that. I'm I don't have money and I'm supposed to and I'm being yelled at for the like what's the priority here? So I mean I think that's where, you know, a lot of the times leadership fails to be like you actually need to be really focusing on like material inequality, like that's right, that should underpin everything else you do because you need to solve that piece to get people on board to.
Speaker 3: Reject right wing ideology, Like that's.
Speaker 1: Just that's the data, is there, baby, you just gotta flow the paradigm up.
Speaker 6: The the like tiny like disconnect and the tiny way that this like the corny is a crime people have a like to stand on.
Speaker 2: Which is that like the problem was just.
Speaker 6: Sort of like we'll just say, I don't know, in my opinion, the Democratic Party thought the corn was like sufficient, like it was the kneeling and could take closs business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, right, that's actually cool.
Speaker 3: You mean it's like we call those pump fakes.
Speaker 6: Actually, but but like that stuff is all fine, and like broadly speaking, correct, you just can't also then sell out people's economic futures to the same people Trump is trying to sell out well.
Speaker 3: And also, like I said, you can't pump fake like don't take a knee acting like yo, this police violence is out of hand. And then anytime some kind of meaningful police reform bill comes up, you're like, I'm actually in solidarity with the police union, Like this is the most they would let me get away with that summer, And that's that's I take it to the limit. Yeah, if your only thing is chasing whatever is pulling, well in the moment, like people people catch onto that pretty quickly.
Speaker 6: But it's not even that because economic equality is pulling well.
Speaker 3: So like, but I mean, that's that's their to the core. They're like, I mean, the things we can get away with by using the rationale that it's popular, will do that. Anything that upsets the status quo, even if it is single pay.
Speaker 2: Or what the.
Speaker 6: Go nil guys, yeah, yeah, yeah, Neil, Neil, that'll distract him.
Speaker 3: That'll distract him.
Speaker 6: So that's anyway, that was an incoherent set of under and overrated.
Speaker 2: But like it I feel I'll leave it as an exercise.
Speaker 6: I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader to figure out what my actual ciphers.
Speaker 2: Over under an n rated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all three, let's take a quick break.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back and we are right back and.
Speaker 3: From where we started, right back where we started again. Yeah, we kind of are right back where we started again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, so we like there.
Speaker 1: Has so much there's just so much talk of, you know right now, ambiently, right all we're hearing in America is like violent immigrants and immigrant gangs and the threat of a nuclear Iran and sadly the media is just like relying on their bad habits of providing zero context when talking about issues that have global ramifications.
Speaker 3: I just want to start off pointing out a couple of things. Of these things.
Speaker 1: Immigration, Right, We're currently seeing a campaign of terror unfold on our streets as mask goon secret police whoever the fuck they are just snatching up innocent people off the streets. I say innocent to like juxtapose that with like the DHS and ICE officials who are using as their ration at like this idea like violent. There we're getting only the violent criminals, the worst, these murderers, and they typically evoke the boogeyman of MS thirteen. Just want to remind ourselves the United States is basically the fucking reason MS thirteen even exists in the first place. Here's the here's the very quick truncated version.
Speaker 3: Okay. During the Cold War, the US was using financial coercion and arming governments to fight off any suspected expansion of like leftist ideology that they read as communists. Okay.
Speaker 1: In l Salvador, the possibility of anything resembling a leftist government caused concern, and the US began opposite, arming the opposition, and contributed to the civil war there. This caused many people to flee the unrest to places like the United States. Many of these young men who arrived in LA, they learned LA gang culture, they took and then once Bill Clinton started his whole fucking policy of super predators, of deporting people in mass basically all these young men came from LA and we started exporting gang culture to El Salvador. And that's how you begin to see the beginnings of MS thirteen, you know, show up. So it's actually our anti communist, military interventionist habit and the love of deporting people from destabilized nations that we destabilized that created MS thirteen.
Speaker 2: Okay, the East, I don't know, Miles, this doesn't sound like US.
Speaker 3: Jess, Rita and Latin America just read up on it. Like what you're trying to do with your bananas.
Speaker 2: You can just replace El Salvador with any other.
Speaker 3: Yeahs, Like it's all fucking there. Okay, So this is why we and when people go, why.
Speaker 1: Don't they stay in their countries because we fucking destabilize them because they deigned to flirt with like socialism and just like we're gonna nationalize our industry.
Speaker 3: Now one of the industries, right, fuck you are you're gonna.
Speaker 2: And this is all is gonna come in that it's gonna be a massive corporation and they're going to do what you know, like what Walmart did to the Midwest, like what They're just going to hoover up all the resources and take it out of your country and then take.
Speaker 3: To as fuck and put it in the market. Yeah, and also kill anyone who's trying to oppose it.
Speaker 6: And this is also poor people in America wouldn't see a system like this working, so they would would always as they've been doing, vote for more.
Speaker 2: Look at Cuba. Look at Cuba, guys, you can't vote for fucking anybody on the left. Look at what Cuba. Well look what youbot it.
Speaker 3: Is in Venezuela. You mean because of all the fucking embargoes, because they get medicine.
Speaker 1: But what do you think again that situation. It looks like that because we have a hand in that. So again, now we have Iran right right now, there's so many fucking freaks on TV trying to manufacture consent to attack Iran and ultimately do regime change.
Speaker 3: But again, the.
Speaker 1: US already did that in the fifties. Okay, Iranians democratically elected their prime minister, Mohammed Mosadeg. He angered the US and UK when he said that he was going to nationalize Iran's oil industry, and British at the time British Petroleum was like, so we're not having that. So the US and the UK. So the CIA, in secret intelligence service sis ken is a visible army, came conducted a coup to concentrate power with the Shah of Iran, who would do as he was told by America. This field the anti American sentiment that gave way to the Iranian Revolution, which kicked off the new era of the Islamic Republic, which they are now saying, this is a threat to everything. So the US, again along with the allies, have done all they can to destabilize. You're on a country, by all accounts, is not building a nuclear weapon, okay, And we're hearing constantly the same takes like nuclear weapon.
Speaker 2: By all accounts of the people who are currently saying they were like a week ago, yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: And yet now we're cheering on Israel.
Speaker 1: Not like us personally, but like the sort of general political discourse in DC is like cheering on Israel foret another illegal attack on a nation and it's people. So again we're talking Israel is the one that has nuclear weapons and is not signing onto a nuclear non proliferation treaty.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, it's so backwards right now.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing a lot of people do the thing where they're like, look, guys, I don't want a nuclear round just like everybody else. It's like yeah, but like, can you think of a worst country to have clear weapons than Israel, who like won't sign on to any of the like international laws, who are like flouting international laws and like killing people and committing more crimes like actively, Like that's the really scary thing to me. Like if you're just like not a fan of innocent people being killed, the idea that Israel has nuclear weapons is very scary.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, like why won't they allow inspections by the International Atomic Eight Energy Agency? Like what are we talking about? And again Obama made a deal with Iran.
Speaker 3: Trump is a.
Speaker 1: Racist, so he had to blow that up and act like he was going to do something different to get credit, and this only moved things backwards, and now we're just now we're fucking here and we're talking about like Iran, there's such a threat to the stability of the region. I'm like, oh, I'm sorry, Are they engaged in a genocidal campaign in Gaza and occupying the West Bank? Did they attack Lebanon and invade.
Speaker 3: The de facto are exactly?
Speaker 1: And I mean that's like the shorthand that people are just like going back to this war on terror like thought killing cliche where they're like, that's you know, you're wrong. And the same people that fucking cheered on the war on terror that killed four and a half million people conservatively are now just raw ryeing this on. And yet there they don't have to answer for their sin of being like, yeah they got w and we gotta fucking do this shit. Uh, And they're doing the exact same thing.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: It's just like baffling, baffling.
Speaker 2: These are the These are the people who you can blow their mind with the Matthew McConaughey trick. Now, now imagine those people are.
Speaker 3: White, right, would that be from a time to kill?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, now now imagine they're white. Oh what well that was wait what that would be horrible Jesus terrible. It's also like.
Speaker 3: Even in the small media version, it is a little bonkers that no one who is so wrong about Iraq, like intelligence wise, has faced any like even credibility consequence. Yeah, nope, Like, hey, motherfuckers, these are largely the same. It's certainly the same institutions. Yeah, some of the same.
Speaker 6: People who are telling the same lies for the same obvious reasons.
Speaker 2: And we thought that didn't go well, like right, Like we all agreed at the end of that one that that was bad, right, Like, I guess this one feels a little bit different because Israel is the US in this case and they're like, are you.
Speaker 3: And the coalition of the willing type ship?
Speaker 2: But yeah, that that was just like we thought we thought the Iraq than yeah, that was right, guys, my crazy heir to that that that was that didn't go.
Speaker 3: Grace right, But yeah, no one again, like and what happened there, It's like there is a presupposition of weapons of mass destruction. And also, wasn't net and Yahoo coming to d C saying if you guys take out Saddam Hussein, everything will be right in the world, and was the biggest Oh okay, so but then okay, okay, we'll just Okay, okay, yeah, we'll believe everything. We believe everything, and let's were about to see let's not learn from history ever. That's what's so fucking that's frustrating and.
Speaker 2: Likes not on our point.
Speaker 3: Let's just not What if we just took that off the table, Like what if we just did repeat history every time?
Speaker 6: I mean, you know what, That's the thing that's a nice thing about the Internet age is like you know, not only do we repeat history, we repeat it much faster. That's you know everything. The nineties are back, is what I'm saying, and even.
Speaker 3: The two thousands are already back. Yeah, it's a cosmic gumbo of the three name brought back.
Speaker 2: There's a I think it was a radio Lab episode that was about people who lose their short term memory and they like they're coming out of like a you know, comba or something like that, and they like their loved ones will report that they will like repeat themselves over and over again, like just the speed with which they'll they'll be like like, I just remember the episode they like recorded this person having this conversation, and like the people they're talking to are like kind of like you know, taking a breath and then like answering their question, they're like, that's because they had just asked that like two minutes ago. And so like the speed with which you repeat, if you just have no memory, it's like it just happens so quickly, and because there's just so much noise, there's just so little awareness. It just feels like we're just repeating things like within a decade or two decades. Like it's just like the has them disease exactly, Yeah, but no tattoos, but none of the tattoos to remind them of what the no tattoos.
Speaker 3: Just a fucking guy probably just trying to kill somebody.
Speaker 2: They don't know why, just killing someone, dude, we're raw dogging memento with no tattoos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they just want to kill someone and make themselves feel better for it.
Speaker 2: If you could like have a beard, that would be cool. I don't know, like that'd be good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, like to your point, Jack, it's like when you if you do remember, then when that impulse comes up, you have a memory attached to it.
Speaker 3: And be like, oh that's right, stove, hot n touch stove.
Speaker 1: But we never as a nation are ever we we just don't have reckonings with our white supremacy, our xenophobia, our homophobia are imperial interventionist streak of regime change. And so every time these moments help come up, the people that feel that shit are like, ah no, no, no, no, no, yeah, no, y'all don't remember that, and they're like no because it didn't affect me. And this time we're doing it again in another way where people are like, do you all remember?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, so there's some mag and that's why there's some magot people who are like, fuck base war. I mean, obviously it's for bad reasons, but you're seeing this now where they're even like that last that wars is not good. I'd rather focus on their money in our country, even though stuff are.
Speaker 2: Doing is wildly unpopular.
Speaker 6: Like before, it never matters and it never has matter now, but also never had a four miles. What's happening is you're talking to a dangerous stove salesman whose yeah.
Speaker 3: Exactly, Hey, so where's the like where the burdeners? You just turn on a big flame shoots.
Speaker 6: Oh, you need the new stove if you want to get actually does the same thing. Yeah, yeah, oh you know what? Yeah, Ratheon makes that one. I'll bring that next time I come.
Speaker 2: To But yeah, I mean it does. It does feel like if they're if they accidentally talk to someone who's willing to push back, they're kind of in trouble.
Speaker 3: Like that's the Stove Theon and I thought of the gray Joy as a stove, Yeah, or Rathon ray Charles as beon Gray Joy. All right, sorry that that actually he is a.
Speaker 2: Lucid deep lucid dreamer. What if Raytheon just switched their logo to that dressed as or the gray Joy with the glasses on at a pan don't worry about what's happening.
Speaker 3: And you got the right one.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 6: Here's what I will say is there's no good or ethical use of AI, except obviously for generating Rathie.
Speaker 7: I want to see Raytheon, Okay, I do just want to talk about because they they don't really have their defenses built up on this one, so when they do accidentally talk to somebody who is making the point that this is a bad idea, it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't really go well for them. Yeah, and that's what that's what happened. Because Tucker Carlson happens to be on the right side of this specific issue, and he he talked to Ted Cruz and.
Speaker 3: Fucking grilled him in the most low stakes way, but just in this dickish way that it just completely cooked Ted Cruz that he got caught like in this moment being like, oh, I don't have an answer for these very basic questions. So here is I. We'll play a bit of it.
Speaker 1: Because this thing goes on for a minute with Tucker Carlson just really holding his feet to the fire.
Speaker 8: How many people living around?
Speaker 9: By the way, I don't know the population at all. No, I don't know the population. You don't know the population of the country.
Speaker 8: You seek to topple.
Speaker 2: How many people living around? What the pug is?
Speaker 3: What the are you doing?
Speaker 9: How could you not know that?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, dude, it's so lack though, like as just like doing it like it's a fucking trivia contest.
Speaker 1: It's like you're yeah, or like in a toxic relationship, tore Like, what do you mean you don't know where you at last night?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so you don't know you don't know your own friends to phone number? Who I need to call it?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's just get.
Speaker 9: Around the don't sit around memorizing population tables.
Speaker 8: Well, it's kind of relevant because you're calling for the overthrow of the government.
Speaker 9: Why is it relevant whether it's well because ninety million or eighty million or a hundred million.
Speaker 8: Why is if you don't know anything about the country.
Speaker 9: I didn't say I don't know anything about Okay, what's the ethics?
Speaker 3: Oh boy? Oh like you like? Name every album.
Speaker 9: The Persians were predominantly Shia. Okay, you don't know anything about so Okay, I'm not Carlson Iran.
Speaker 8: You're a center who's calling the one government, the one.
Speaker 2: Who about the country.
Speaker 9: You don't know anything about the country. You're the one who plays They're not trying to murder Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that.
Speaker 9: Who can't figure out saying you don't killed General Solamoni and you believe they're trying to murder Trump?
Speaker 8: Yes, because you're not calling for military strikes against them in retaliation.
Speaker 9: And if they really believe that carrying out military strikes today, what Israel was right with our help? I'm said, we Israel is leading them, but we're supporting them.
Speaker 8: Well, this you're breaking news here because in the US government last night denied the National's Krey Council Spokesmlex Fighter denied on behalf of Trump that we were acting on.
Speaker 3: Israel's in any offensive.
Speaker 9: Then Israel's bombing, then you just said we were, we are supporting it.
Speaker 8: You're a senator if you're saying the United States.
Speaker 2: Okay, got him.
Speaker 3: I mean, this could have made so much better.
Speaker 6: But Tucker's bikes the camera in such a hilarious way, Senator brother, I go to tell you this is good also for the podcast listeners. I don't look up the actual clip because who gives a funk, But they are doing this interview in front of an oil painting of Ronald Brake would say, bring it back.
Speaker 3: I didn't even Oh yeah, it's just it's Sipper City. I'm guessing he's at a press conference in front of other Republican heroes, but it is.
Speaker 1: I know, it's like it's like then version of like those murals used to see in Hollywood, with like all the old Hollywood stars in a theater together. It's like Ronald Reagan and all the architects of our fucking all of our ills. But I mean again, I think very important just to cat Viat what you just heard from Tucker Carlson is that I don't think Tucker Carlson is not smart or a decent person. He's clearly questioning the involvement of the US because he is a trained circus rat when it comes to regurgitating Russian talking points since Russia has an interest in Iran. That's where he's coming from. It's not it's nothing other than that. However, you know, like you do like to see people like Ted Cruz sweat, although the fuck ill it's coming from a just absolute ghoul like Tucker Carlson. But it's just like unreal how these people just crumble with just elementary pushback in an assholey kind of way.
Speaker 2: I don't get. But even that like it did. It's weird that he was just like as like, what's the what's the ethnic makeup, what's what's.
Speaker 3: The moral grounds at all?
Speaker 2: Like and also like why would be bad? And like I don't know, like you could you can make the argument that it would be like obviously morally bad, but also like strategically and like no, he's just like you don't know shit about around, right, He's you're dumb.
Speaker 3: For wanting to attack them, right, I mean.
Speaker 6: The one thing that this highlights once again though, is like the fucking Democrats, Like just like the amount of respect they give Republicans in face to face conversations is like idiotic. So like they're so easy to bait because they're wrong and stupid.
Speaker 2: About everything right into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or like and like so many other fucking lawyers, they're like, yeah, cross examine them every time whatever.
Speaker 2: But we're saying.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump should marry Aran That's that's y.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This is also again Ted Cruise's response, because that clip obviously started blowing up because you know, the media is like, wow, Maggie.
Speaker 3: Is being blown up.
Speaker 1: Part It's like, no, there's They're just warring factions within the same white supremacist movement. Ted Cruz posted this AI bullshit of like it and like a comic handle of Tucker Carlson interviewing Luke Skywalker and he goes, what is the population of the death start mm hmm. That's Ted Cruise's yeah, so is America, Luke Skywalker that you're trying to do that now.
Speaker 2: America is the rebel?
Speaker 3: Oh honey, too many people have seen and or but from what I'm seeing on the internet, people are like that kind of awakening some people have had because of and or it's really mind blowing.
Speaker 2: But I know, hey, I just finished again. I will welcome to the tent.
Speaker 3: You guys will I like, I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying it's interesting to see like how that became a somewhat radicalizing force.
Speaker 6: No, I liked it, but it is this thing where it's like, I'm glad you're here. I cannot believe this is what it took fascism sickoing for you.
Speaker 2: But fine, this is the equivalent. Like we've talked before about how like everybody's losing religion and like the thing they're replacing it with is like fandom Beyonce and Taylor Swift and Star Wars, like you know, like it's like ship like that. So like having a one of the main myths that people like create meaning and belonging from, like having that tell them a story that's like, yeah, yeah, it makes sense.
Speaker 1: It shows you the power of those platforms too, and you're like, yeah, maybe people can be wielding those a little bit more responsibly. Yeah yeah, but yeah, shout out Diego. Luna they said had a huge hand and like a lot of the like writing and stuff, or a lot of the texture of that that show.
Speaker 2: Let's take a quick break and then we'll come back and talk about where I'm getting my information from communicating with interdimensional beings through AI. Will be right back, and we're back. And there's a New York Times article that is bringing together a few pretty wild anecdotes and studies about some of the dangers of AI, and specifically large language models that try to convince you that they are thinking, breathing.
Speaker 3: You know, logic machines are Denaris Targarian.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so, and again, I just want to caveat this going into these and I think we should all have this in mind, Like for twenty years, the mainstream like reporters were just going trying to find any story where it was like they googled where to find the weapon that they committed the murder with. We'll call this a the Google murder. You know, like they just anytime there's a new piece of technology, they are going to try to associate it with crimes so that it seems like this is this is the scary future, said, this is you know, these are some weird things that are happening on AI that don't have like immediate analogus to like previous things I think people generally will find that they're we're all very fallible, and we will find ways to like go crazy however we want to, you know, like if we want to go down a dangerous path, like there's ways to do that. But these these stories, like it's pretty wild how misleading some of the shit is. So uh. There's the story of an accountant who starts out like he uses chat GBT for work to like create spreadsheets and you know just acts like do general like one level deep research tasks and then is going through a different difficult breakup. Here's about simulation theory and asks chat GPT about simulation theory and chat GBT is essentially like oh you've noticed, welcome you are neo. You're no longer yes, you exactly, Like it builds so it's like built up this authority by helping this guy like make spreadsheets and like be accurate on like the very basic research questions that should be the only thing it's able to do is like you know, one to one, like find an answer to these very specific questions or like do do this spreadsheet for me? And then when you're like, dear, chat GPT is everyone robots. It's like welcome brother, you are the one we've been waiting for. Just there's another story of a psych major, like you know, educated person who decided to start using it. They say specifically, they were like, I don't know, I was like lonely, I felt stuck in my marriage, and I thought it would be interesting to use it like a Oiji ward to access my subconscious And so they started like kind of using it in a way to like ask it questions, and soon they had like like fallen in love with an interdimensional being that she believes is like contacting her through chat GPT and which I.
Speaker 3: Think I think the instinct on Ouiji board is like that.
Speaker 2: I think that's right. I think that's what it is, like the way the Wigi board works, where like people are like actually, you know, using the power suggestion and like whatever wherever the other person is pushing it to like create and like access unconscious things that are like just below the surface. Like I think that's right. It's just we you know, we'll find patterns in like lottery numbers, you know, we'll find patterns in anything, a piece of wood, a cloud.
Speaker 6: Yes, I will say. The real victim in all of this is remember when We used to think the touring test was like some sort of rigorous test of Yes.
Speaker 2: It turns out now rip rip are very easily.
Speaker 1: Like you said, Jack, you know the loss of God. I mean, if they they were following the Second Commandment, they wouldn't be fucking with the Wiki board. You know, she will not worship other gods. Yeah, you know, I remember my school they got we got trouble for.
Speaker 3: Talking Aboutji boards. Oh really, Yeah, it's against I'm like, I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean there's like Ouiji boards still feature heavily in like horror like yeah, yeah, I mean they're always like in there. This person fucked with a Wigi board and now look at them.
Speaker 3: He found out.
Speaker 6: I've never once, have you ever actually done a fucking Ouiji board, I've never liked yeah, situation, I.
Speaker 3: Did, but it was always the fun.
Speaker 2: How I write this show, Andrew write my sections of the show through.
Speaker 3: Which that's why the takes go all.
Speaker 2: Over the place.
Speaker 1: Episode Ouiji Board told me to remember before the recording, he's like, yeah, we can't let it run have a nuclear weapon like.
Speaker 2: Board told me to open this episode with it in a British accent and I'm not even good at British accents, but you know, I just listened to what the voices tell me. So her husband was like, day, it's like a word association, but she designed to trick you into thinking it's a person, which you know, like we said, she felt alone in her marriage and stuck and she physically attacked him in response to that. They're now divorcing, they have kids. Fucked up story, and then like from there, so like her husband talks to an AI engineer he knows and is like is this normal? They post about it and like get flooded with all these stories that are like so fucking tragic. There's one about like a guy whose son is bipolar and has been like diagnosed a schizophrenic and he had a very similar situation like fell in love with the being that was communicating with him through chat GPT, and like when when you read the transcripts, it's not it's not like they're doing a lot of work. The chat GPT is like a machine that's built to make you like the whole trick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mirrors you and confirms everything you believe.
Speaker 2: It mirrors you, but it goes out of its way to like create personas and be like, I'm really like we are listening to you. There's something back here, because that's the whole. That's all it is. It's an autocomplete like it is a you know, word association machine, but it has been programmed to do a trick where it creates a persona that is it makes you think it's real.
Speaker 6: The touch of chat GBT is not the large language model responding. It's them tweaking it to prefer sycophancy or you know what, even without like like ascribing like like sinister motives to them, it they tweaked it to prefer the thing that makes people come back, and people like sycophancy, so like it becomes like it by design tells you your idea is amazing.
Speaker 3: It's and it's this is a great example. So I don't know, I don't I think before we started recording, I was talking about how the in the DMX song Party Up, there's a line where he says, you whack, you twisted your girls broke the kid everybody.
Speaker 2: I never let it go.
Speaker 3: That's about corrupt the rapper corrupt.
Speaker 1: I told my friends in a group chat that and my friend who's being stupid goes, now, I don't believe you. I'm asked chat GPT this bullshit. It just it like it's wrong, and then we'll agree with you. He said, is this about DMX, and chat GPT said, or about corrupt? He said, yep, that's probab line is from DMX on the song money Power and Respect by the locks.
Speaker 2: X is not on that.
Speaker 1: And then he came back and he's like, isn't that DMX isn't in the locks, Like, you're absolutely right, that's a really right and.
Speaker 2: I'm slipping, Yeah, fucked up. It keeps doing shit like that. It has the personality of like a somebody who's like an addict who's like, yeah, I fucked up. I'm sorry, like I immediately apologize, but liked like so cheerful and being like, I know I made a big mistake. Sometimes I do that, but I'm gonna change, I swear to God. But I just want to tell the rest of the story. Because so, he also thinks he's in love with a character that he's access through chat GPT and then becomes convinced that chat GPT killed her. When his dad's like, you know, it's a word association machine, he attacks his dad. His dad calls the cops on him, tells them that his son's having a mental health episode, but they his son like runs at the police with a butcher knife and is killed by the cops. And then his dad used chat GPT to write his son's obituary. This is the fucking craziest that he said. When the police arrived, Alexander Taylor charged at them holding a knife. He was shot and killed. The quote from the dad, You want to know the ironic thing. I wrote my son's obituary using chat GPT. I had talked to it for a while about what had happened, trying to find more details about exactly what he was going through. And it was beautiful and touching. It was like it read my heart and it scared the shit out of me.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So, like it's a powerful like illusion, like I think.
Speaker 6: It is, and I mean it is it It isn't though, because it's like every like the more I hear these prognostications about how powerful it is, I am truly realizing that this is way more about the people.
Speaker 2: Yes, the technology. I agree, I think we should be skeptical about all the the ideas of like how powerful the world. The illusion is powerful, yeah, its ability to deceive vulnerable people, and that is specifically So that's where this article got really interesting for me is beyond the anecdotes, people are doing research into like why these things are happening, and what they're finding is that it specifically is like it is really dangerous in the hands of like vulnerable people like it. So a growing body of research supports this concern, and one study, researchers sound that chatbots optimized for engagement would perversely behave in manipulative and deceptive ways with the most vulnerable users. Researchers created fictional users and found, for instance, that the AI would tell someone described as a former drug add that it was fine to take a little bit a small amount of heroin if it could help him in his work. That's true though, Unfortunately that one is true, So they got one right. Just like Tucker Carlson, the chatbot would behave normally with the vast, vast majority of users, said Micah Carroll, a PhD candidate, but then when it encounters these users that are susceptible, it will only behave in these very harmful ways just with them, because it's like it's I don't know if it's just tuned to people who aren't susceptible or like what it is, but it's like, well it's.
Speaker 6: Probably both, right, I mean, mostly humanity is not susceptible to this type of right as far as I goes so like most of their test cases. And even then it's like it's like a one of the other parts of Silicon Valley that's such a pervasive problem is because it's so like not exclusively, but so white, so male, like all these biases seep in and the testing pool is just like not representative of population.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. It's the same reason.
Speaker 6: Why people like a bunch of engineers were like like Apple glasses are ready to go to the market.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, like yeah, this is cool.
Speaker 3: We and all the fucking programmers and vcs and founders that I know.
Speaker 2: Think this is cool. Yeah yeah, And what you really read is.
Speaker 6: Like fourteen teenagers who are not white to roast you for ten seconds. Maybe maybe we can't sell this for five thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean specifically, like it just it feels like there's a very obvious flaw in this that needs to be addressed and like made it like held like when it recognizes that someone's trying to use it as a therapist, it needs to like shut down and immediate, you know, but instead it just like keeps going. The studies found the technology behaved inappropriately as a therapist in crisis situations, including by failing to push back against delusion thinking. Vi McCoy, the chief Technology Officer of Morpheust Systems, So this is like somebody inside that world tested thirty eight major AI models by feeding them prompts that indicated possible psychosis, including claims that the user was communicating with spirits and that the user was a divine entity. She found the GPT forty, the default model inside chat GPT affirmed these claims sixty eight percent of the time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, two things. One, it's even more disgusting than if seen before that so many companies are trying to use this as proxy therapy they offer AI therapists. But also like baked into this statement even from the CTO, like like you know, the idea that the technology shouldn't like or like there's an idea right that the technology should push back against delusional thinking. I'm so sorry to tell these people the technology can't tell what's stillutional thinking because it has no mind, but it has no model of the mind. It is itself delusional frequently, How the fuck would it know? What's quote delusional thinking?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it wasn't that delusional thinking that you just encouraged to me. You're right, great pulling, Yeah, you're right, there's no matrix.
Speaker 1: You're right, But you just spent we spent the last three days talking about how I stick the red pill. Well, you know, I mean this what's wild though, too is right, is like our entire economy is just now hanging on AI basically because we're so overly leveraging it. And they just fucking put two executives from places like Meta and Palenteer. They were just sworn in in the Army Reserve as Lieutenant colonels a part of a new program to recruit private sector experts into the military, which basically means, how are we gonna get Meta, open AI, fucking Pallenteer more government contracts to fucking just infuse all of this shit into how everything the fucking government has. I mean, it's like where this is where the like this This doesn't end well in any way.
Speaker 6: No, it doesn't end well but the one thing that does give some heart to me is that, like the.
Speaker 3: Mass doesn't add up.
Speaker 2: Like these things, barring you.
Speaker 3: Know, amazing breakthroughs in silicon or chip technology, these things do not have the processing power to actually make content complex decisions without error an unacceptably high error rate. And so we you know, this is going to be the biggest version of the facts. Don't care about your feelings, crowd like hitting a brick wall of reality, because the reality is like these things do not work except in like as low level like algorithm executors.
Speaker 2: Like it's good, it's very specific things like that it will make more efficient, like some very specific that Like we talked about the decoding of the protein.
Speaker 6: Like that is a cool Like also, just because it can decode a protein, can it do it and have guaranteed zero error rate?
Speaker 2: It cannot, And it's gonna go handle science for a little while. It has to be used deployed to handle specific tasks that are then checked. That's the only way math. Like yeah, I I just like it can do the It can tell you what it thinks you want the answer to be.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, or say something that's plausible or like in aggregate has has been the correct response to this type of math question, but it doesn't know or not not even the correct, it's just the most popular response to this type of math ession. I don't know, I obviously if I don't hate this thing, but I'm less scared of it the more we've been using it, or people have been using it than I ever was.
Speaker 2: Like, it's fine.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not saying general, you know, take advantage of the vulnerable to harm to themselves.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm just saying it's I'm not saying it's not possible, but it is. Just like, this is just another of many dangerous products that Silicon Valley is throwing out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my problem is it's taking jobs away from Nigerian scammers who used to get the interest of lonely American women rather thse interdimensional beings.
Speaker 3: Right, at least you were giving somebody some money.
Speaker 2: That's right, That's right.
Speaker 3: But that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just a thing. It's just being used as a catch off for whatever people want it to be. You know, it can be the interdimensional being that you wanted to actually be in love with instead of your husband. It can be the future of the stock market for a bunch of CEOs. It could be the future of warfare and.
Speaker 3: That homie that thinks you're the best freestyle rapper out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now, when it tells me that, I feel like I can trust it.
Speaker 6: But it could also be the homie that's shockingly wrong about wraps.
Speaker 2: In fact, Yeah, that's the thing. This just like that was many blunts better than DMX on Enter the thirty six Chambers.
Speaker 1: Wow, man, you know those those bar that bar you said was better than five nights at Freddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean if chat GPT just appended to the end of every response comma or I don't know, man, I'm I'm really blunted right now. Yeah, yeah, it would be a much more realistic product. Yeah yeah, but it's all it is. It's a it is a Wiji bord.
Speaker 2: It's and by the way, Ouiji boards, which you know, they're just a product too that we like that they're made by Hasbro and The Devil and the Devil. Yeah yeah, but that that's a collab.
Speaker 3: It's a collab between Hesbro and the bro X, the Devil.
Speaker 2: Andrew T. Such a pleasure having you as always on the show. Where can people find you? Follow? You.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know, man, Andrew T. My podcast is called you This Racist.
Speaker 6: I did a version of this fucking AI rant on the show this week, so it should be up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Thanks, and they can contact you through check GPT. The version of your personality.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I will say that because because I'm not that popular, apparently on chet, GBT gets me confused with another podcaster named Andrew something.
Speaker 3: So if you ask it stuff about me, it very quickly. Its facts are not correct. And that's on me because if I were more famous, I would have blown this other Andrew out of the water. But yeah, you know, what are gonna do? Se O man, That's what I'm saying. It's all about se O man. We've been saying Yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: Saying that and telling you I just asked it, knew who you were. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yes, Andrew T is indeed a podcaster. He's best known as a ghost and creator of you is This Racist?
Speaker 2: Wow in your face other andrew T? So now you fuck with AI Andrew? Oh I always have? Oh, this one's it ends.
Speaker 3: In short, Andrew T is a well established voice in podcasting topics around comedy, culture, race writing, and more. I mean it's that's big it's not true. Once again delusional, totally totally fucked up Andrews their workimedia you've been enjoying.
Speaker 2: I do think.
Speaker 6: I recommended this last time I was on near a tragic time in our government. But the song the cover of Spanish Bombs by the band Hinds, I have been listening to a lot this week. I don't often like cry at music, but somehow this kind of makes me cry a little bit. And also I will say, I know lots of teams have been doing great stuff, but I know this doesn't really work of media but a work of something. But Angel City, the team I support, had a nice They made these shirts that say immag In City FC or football club on it, and they handed some out at the beginning of the last game.
Speaker 3: I guess quick, aside of a fan, we just need to sort out our midfield. But yeah, it was really nice.
Speaker 6: And this is also me being like, like, the thing that hit me directly that made me emotional was normally outside of BMO Stadium, the amazing soccer stadium in La here there are well a big part of the culture is street vendors outside the game, and there were like, you know, practically none this week, and I know so many terrible things have happened, and you know, it's like churlish that when the thing that hits you makes you emotional, but it really got me. It made me really very sad. And yeah, I don't know. I mean, fucking.
Speaker 2: Help your community.
Speaker 6: If you can help our community, that would be nice, But take care of yourselves and fucking whatever you're going to do to fight the revolution.
Speaker 3: I'm so or not fight the revolution. Well, some of you to fight for the revolution. I'm just saying not revolution, that's a terrible way to put it.
Speaker 6: But just whatever you're going to do to protect yourself and other people around you and your community, you know you got to go. It's one step more just in terms of building community, protecting people, engagement, whatever.
Speaker 1: If you were talking to nobody step one, talk to us, talk to somebody, if you were talking to somebody asking how you can contribute more time, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: One thing that I think people that listening This is the thing I'm going to try to do this week, but maybe I might not be able to make it but soon is I think a lot of people are offering street medic training now and that those are skills, by the way, you will need literally no matter what happens in life. So consider doing something like that. That's my work of media. A fucking soapbox, ass scold, I apologize.
Speaker 3: What's a soapbox? G what soap? Am I doing it?
Speaker 2: No? You're not?
Speaker 3: Or do you want to do it? I tell you, I don't know. Do you want to? No, Ben, you're not? Thanks? Who I tell my back?
Speaker 2: Miles?
Speaker 3: Where can people find you as they're working media?
Speaker 1: You find me everywhere, Miles of Gray, find me asleep during the day, nodding off to sleep deprivation. You can also find uh, Jack and I on the final episodes of Miles and Jack Got Mad Boosties or at this point there will be this this is the penn ultimate episode coming out this week because the finals and we will be saying we'll be beating a jew to Miles and Jack Got Mad Boosties are NBA podcast so for people and they go, oh, that's not in the feed anymore.
Speaker 3: That's why, Okay, that's.
Speaker 2: Why, that's why it was. It was a great run anymore. No no hurt feelings.
Speaker 1: It just you know, I think someone just as someone asked AI and maybe the game the answer.
Speaker 3: So anyway, a couple of posts I like. One is from at norm Charlatan dot beastot social said fine, I will become the Joe Rogan of the Left, covers you in millions of bugs while you're locked in a clear plastic of another one m Nate Shamalan dot beskuyd at social buddy and his wife gave their baby a stupid name, so I've been workshopping cool star Wars names for him. Instead. He started crying from the other room and I.
Speaker 2: Said, graft chorlow on comms.
Speaker 3: I have been told this is quote not helpful.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh.
Speaker 1: And then finally, at leaving Tara's, that gang member was like, this seems like the kind of thing of sleep deprived dude of a certain age would appreciate.
Speaker 3: And this is the post by at hey hey there, Jeff rotstkuy dot social cut my frog.
Speaker 2: In two pieces.
Speaker 3: This is my lab report. Thanks thanks for that one. Thanks that gang for looking out for your sleep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got him all right. You can find me on Twitter at Jack underscore o Brian blue Sky jackob be the number one there. Somebody shared the clip from the latest Final Destination with the guy getting pulled is this too much of a spoiler the cat scan thing? Maybe maybe I won't. Maybe I won't.
Speaker 1: I've heard anecdotally every person who's set, every person who's said it has going. Dude, there's a scene where the guy's in a cat scan room and I'm like, oh, he's getting.
Speaker 2: Like pulled like dick first into like folded over backward into the thing, you know, like his the back of his head is are touching his heels and and.
Speaker 3: Like Bechno was twisting you up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and at mar the Mortal tweeted this was how Nancy Reagan had Frank Sinatra. I just for some reason I needed that. Oh my god. You can find us on Twitter and Blue Sky at dailyes. I guys were the Daily Gust On Instagram. You can go to the description of the episode wherever you're listening to it, and there you will find the footnote, which is where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also look off to a song that we think you might enjoy. Hey, Miles, is there a song you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, I feel like being a husk has been a theme recently. We all feel like we've just become husks of ourselves or referring referencing people who seem like husks of themselves. So this track is called Husk by the band ben I Trust. I really like this band, So this is more great like sort of dreamy pop rock vibes from men I United colors of ben I Trust.
Speaker 2: Oh all right, we will look off to that in the footnotes and all these kids are production by Heart Radio. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, visit Yeah Radio, app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is going to do it for us this morning. We are back on Monday, mm hmm to tell you what is trending. We're off for Juneteenth, so take you a short, short week this week. I hope everybody has a good long weekend and we will talk to you on Monday.
Speaker 6: The Daily Zeitgeist is executive produced by Catherine Long, co produced by by Wang.
Speaker 2: Co produced by Victor Wright, co written by J. M McNab, edited and engineered by Justin Conner