Speaker 1: Hello, everybody, Welcome into the Fantasy Pros Football Podcast. I am Ryan Warmley, joining this Friday Morning. This Glorious Victorious Friday Morning by Derek Brihydam Pat fitzimorious Fellas. How are you doing after witnessing just an excellent quarterback battle on Thursday Night football, which has been more common than usual this season, Debra.
Speaker 2: I'm doing great. I mean Jamar Chase winning people weeks, proving that you know, he's outside of the contract stuff. Should have been a top top two wide receiver one overall for some. So it was. It was a glorious game, dude, that that moment. And I know, you know, all props like I'm all for the trash talk like don't flag the guys, let him go out there and play, let him have fun. And I was all for the smoke that Jamar Chase gave back to Lamar Jackson after kind of standing there throwing the ball into the stands and Chase standing on like the one yard line for five seconds. I was loving every second of it. And I know a not a lot of people will. I loved every moment of it, so.
Speaker 1: I thought it was weird. As a response to Lamar because I didn't think Lamar did anything that unusual, Like maybe I'm just used to watching Lamar he does that a lot. But having said that, even if Lamar had done nothing, which I kind of think he did, I wouldn't have minded Jamar Chase doing that. You just on an all time heater, like do whatever you want, like if you're not hurting other players, like I encourage taunting, like I even when it goes against the Ravens, like I'm super you Like, I know, b that's sports.
Speaker 2: Dude, Like I used to smack talk all the time when I was growing up playing sports.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Fits, What was your big takeaway from the game? I mean just obviously the second time we've seen these teams go against each other, two of the best games of the NFL season so far, and just fantasy points galore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was spectacular, and you know it.
Speaker 4: The one thing I have never loved about the Thursday games is that if you get a game like that from Jamar Chase and you're going against Jamar Chase, you know your toast before you even get to some like you're you're doomed and the Sunday doesn't even matter. That I don't love but can we not get any more five target jamar Chase games? Like can we make sure he always gets more targets or as many targets as t Higgins when Higgins is playing The guy's just so good and so is Joe Burrow. And that was a really fun game. And I regret betting the under, which actually looked pretty good for a while. And then why did that go up in flames?
Speaker 2: Fast, Fitz, I want to ask you real fast, how as much as you talked about in this entire offseason, how much did you love seeing the Chase Brown eleven target performance because that was freaking beautiful too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he's And I mean if you want your running back to be impactful against the Ravens, you have to do that, use them as sort of, you know, extensions of the running game, because if you hand it to Chase Brown and ask him to go between the tackles against the Ravens, Yeah, he actually did better in that capacity than I thought he might do. But like it's hard to do business against the Ravens that way. So yes, by all means, like I love seeing sets or Attarney.
Speaker 2: Somebody might have talked about Chase Brown's ability to handle a high heavy workload all off scene. I don't know if they're on the show, but I think that was mentioned on this broadcast, right.
Speaker 4: Yes, the worm was challenging me the other day off the top of my head, could I.
Speaker 1: Remember the stat.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: I I will say too, like that has always been like for this season, the way to attack the Ravens defense, like running backs through the air. It will become even more that way for any amount of time Kyle Hamilton is out. Kyle Hamilton might be the best safety in football at breaking up screens, and they were still that bad all season against running backs catching the ball. So if he's out, it's going to get even more you know, feasting on that for opposing running backs against Baltimore. The other thing I did, I just want to say quickly is like I agree I guesse Everyoney's gonna say, oh, he's a raven sommer. He definitely thought it shouldn't have been a call. No, it was a missed call at the end of the game, like absolutely got away with one, no doubt. Having said that, there were also miscalls that hurt the Ravens earlier in the game, this one just happened to be the last play of the game, so it looks a lot more you know, bad, I guess, but no, it was. It was absolutely a miscall. I also am like, you know what, you kind of deserve what you get, not just throwing the ball at Jumar Chase the way he'd been playing, Like if you run up and play to anybody else, you kind of ask kind of get what you ask for there. But yeah, it's a it's a good point. Fits like I have, you know, Chase and Lamar together in our work fourteen team league, and I'm going up against our boss Blaine, and yeah, his his week's over already before it even begins because I already have ninety points against him.
Speaker 2: I saw my slack app light up late last night and I was like, oh, dear, does somebody have shitt like Burrow and Chase? And then I saw your message about I wonder who has Lamar and Chase in our league?
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh crap, yeah no, but yeah, I know. Super fun game obviously, like one of the best games of the year. Great Thursday night game. As I speed last night, build the whole plane out of Ravens Bengals games because they always always deliver, and then again not really much fantasy takeaway because the stars were stars. It was basically what even Derek Henry had a down game still like sixty yards in a touchdown, like that's his floor. So super fun time. Obviously, I really enjoyed it. This is our Friday show. We're talking week ten key questions. Quick reminder that all of our weekly consensus rankings and tiers can be found at fantasypros dot com slash rankings. And also, if you're juggling multiple Fantasy football teams and feeling overwhelmed, Fantasy Pros will help you simplify things. With Fantasy Pro's Multi League Assistant. You can see the latest news, notes, and rankings for every single player across every single team. It's all in one spot, making your path to victory clearer and easier. Dive in and let us help you dominate all your leagues with the Multi League Assistant at fantasypros dot com, slash my playbook or on the Fantasy Football My Playbook app. Before we jump into this week's questions, let's check in with Colin Coward and his over under picks for the Fantasy Over Under Challenge. Time now for the Week ten Over Under Challenge. As always, this segment is presented by DraftKings and I'm joined by Colin Kaward to talk through some of our favorite player picks on this week's slate. We'll jump right in, but first I want to remind everyone listening that you can play along with our over Under challenge and try to not only beat Colin, but win some cool prizes as well by heading to fantasypros dot com Slash Challenge. All right, we'll start with the quarterbacks as usual. Sam Darnold obviously had a much better season than a lot of people had expected with Minnesota. He's at Jacksonville this week, QUB twelve on the season on DraftKings, scoring seventeen point nine fantasy points per game. He was QB four in Week two, but has not been better than QB nine since, so maybe a little bit recently. He's facing this Jags pass defense. What do you expect?
Speaker 5: I think Sam's gonna play well. I worry that because they have so many big divisional games coming up, it could be a letdown game. But with Mac Jones potentially slated to play, you know what that means shorter for Jacksonville, more possessions for Sam Donald, probably better field position for Sam Donald. I tend to look that a lot, and I'm not sure if you guys the fantasy experts do, but when you face a week quarterback, I think your skill people tend to get better field position. That means usually a little more aggressive offensive play calling. I think this game will be decided by the Vikings defense against Mac Jones, but I think Donald will play well and have time to throw.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny. You often hear people say, like, oh, this is going to be a blowout, so they're not going to have to, you know, throw the ball that much late. But if it's a blowout, they're scoring points early to get to that point. So there will be scoring, you would think, and like you said, more opportunities shorter fields as well. So I like that thought process. The other quarterback that we have here for this week's slate, Kyler Murray, going up against the Jets. You know, not an easy matchup at least in terms of the fantasy scoring. Certainly on paper, Kyler's QB fourteen a little over seventeen points per game this season, but it's been a lot of like Boom er bus potentially. He was QB one in Week two, he was cute thirty in Week nine, so he's kind of hit both ends of the spectrum at various points this season. This pass defense for the Jets allowing six point four yards per attempt to tie forth best in the NFL. Quarterbacks are averagely twenty four yards rushing on four point eight yards per carry against the Jets as well. Obviously something might come into play for Kyler. What do you expect out of the Cardinals in this one?
Speaker 5: This is kind of a stay away game for me. Jets played on Thursday, so as you know, they have extra time. I like their defensive personnel. Arizona's on a winning streak. You talk about a team that I don't trust their maturity all the many of their best players are kids, and Kyler's not. But he's always field. There's some leadership maturity issues with him. I don't trust this team to go on long winning streaks. They've been playing well, but they've also been a team like against Miami, that falls behind and falls asleep. It is a stay away game, stay away from Kyler for me.
Speaker 1: Let's look at some running backs here. Jonathan Taylor going off against the Buffalo Bills. He was RB eight so far in the season on DraftKings fifteen points per game. That's a bit lower. Since returning from injury, He's had some big games as well, kind of boom or bust. Also, he was RB four and week three, RB thirty seven a Week nine. But he's going up against this Bill's run defense allowing four point eight yards for Gary.
Speaker 5: I love Taylor this week. I think the Colts upset the Bills. I think Miami's off a highly emotional win against Miami. I think they come in flat. They've got that division wrapped up, right Buffalo. You could see them flying to the Midwest, not a divisional game, off a big rival let down emotionally, and you know, the Colts still believe with Flacco they can win this division, right, They still feel they got a shot here. This feels like a much bigger game against a high profile team in Buffalo. I like Taylor. I like the Colts in my upset of the week.
Speaker 1: That's a great I don't know that I've heard a lot of people pick this as a possible upset. It's a pretty consensus. You know, everybody's siding with the Bills just giving you know what we've seen from them, and you know the poor Flacco performance last week, but I love that call. I think that's great. The other running back we have here, JK Dobbins, going up against the Titans RB twelve this season. JK Dobbins, he was going in like round fifteen in fantasy drafts, so has been a real value for everybody who invested in him. Over thirteen and a half fantasy points per game so far this season. You know, he's finished as high as R before a couple of different times. He's been in the thirties a couple of times as well, but that's kind of the nature of the position at running back. Facing this Titans run defense allowing four point four yards per carry that's tenth best in the NFL. Really hot start for JK Dobbins this year, then a bit of a down period, had a good game last week. What do you think we see out of him this week?
Speaker 5: It's a stay away for me. The Chargers are now healthy at wide receiver for the first time this year. They had a really nice performance last week against Cleveland, and I think, you know, I'm really struggling with this game. I think they win. I also think they love the fact that they're healthy on the perimeter, and I think they want to use that to their advantage. And I also believe they'll have some success running the ball. But Tennessee is a weird team. Take out the Lions game. They can be formidable in the trenches at times. They're a team that I don't think is poorly coached. I think they're mostly poorly quarterbacked. So this is a stay away game for me. I think the Chargers are healthy, and I think they're going to spread the ball around to a lot of different sources this week. If you watch that Cleveland game, boy, they everybody got touches Hurst, Disley, Quinton Johnston, McConkey, the kid out of Georgia. Yeah, they really spread the ball around Palmer. So I feel like I feel like they want to put this on tape for the league to see. We've got a lot of elements. We're going to use all of them. They're gonna move Justin Herbert in some running situations. So it's a stay away game for their run game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wanted to ask you kind of what we've seen from the Chargers passing him recently, because there was a lot of concern from fantasy managers, especially that Greg Roman offense. Jim Harbaugh. They don't have the best pass catchers, so a lot of people expected this to be a very run heavy offense, and it kind of was early in the year. Not only the pass catchers getting healthy, Herbert wasn't fully healthy right in August. He missed a lot of the preseason. But they're throwing arend Herbert looks really good while doing it. Do you think there's any one piece that has kind of led to them being willing to open up the passing playbook more? Is it really just kind of everybody getting healthy.
Speaker 5: I think it's Herbert's health, and I think it's Quinton Johnston, who was viewed as a bust last year, and I think Harbaugh looked at that and thought, I'm gonna save this kid, and they really have. When he's been healthy this year, he's had a couple of big games. I also think strangely they become the Chiefs. We love their coach, we love their quarterback. They're not quite consistent on the perimeter, excellent pass rush, well coached defensively, some really nice young defensive players with kind of a veteran a Chris Jones Khalil mack Bosa on the defensive line. I think they match up with Kansas City. I think they are Kansas City coach quarterback pass rush, little light on the weapons, trying to figure out their pass game. I like the Chargers, and I think when you're trying to figure out who you are, you experiment, you mix the ball around, and I don't think any one player is going to get I don't think JK. Dobbins is getting twenty four carries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm really impressed with their defense. I'm glad you touched on that. I think Jesse Minter is really impressed, really really good. Yeah, he's very good. A couple of wide receivers here will wrap up with Terry McLaurin against the Steelers. This is an offense that has been extremely successful with the Commanders and Jayden Daniels going up against one of the best defenses in football. McLaurin is wide receiver thirteen on the season in scoring on DraftKings, but again facing the Steelers defense, who do you think kind of comes out on top this great Commander's offense or the Steelers defense.
Speaker 5: Of the Steelers defense best defense Washington's face. They bring in Preston Smith, so now they have two very strong pass rushers. I think this is a little bit of an awakening for Washington facing a veteran, physical, well coached team. Mike Tomlin's the best underdog coach in this league. And there's no question they they feel ignored. They feel, you know, the Russell Wilson things an eye roll. I think Pittsburgh's going to play the game of the year, and I think this is going to be a handful. I think the defensive line for the Steelers controls the entire football game.
Speaker 1: Last receiver here ceed Lamb, obviously some degree of question mark about hisself, no question about Dak Prescott's self. He's not going to play in this one. It's going to be Cooper Rush going up against the Eagles. Lamb is wide receiver six on DraftKings this season, you know, like all receivers, some up, up and down, a bit of a roller coaster season, some wide receiver fifties, some wide receiver one finishes. But going up against this Eagles defense allowing ten point seven r ards per catch, that's tenth in the NFL. Eight touchdowns, only tied for fifth in the NFL, So you know, it's it's it's kind of hard to say you're gonna expect too much out of Lamb when Dak Prescott isn't at quarterback. But he's also really good. So if he's healthy going up against his defense, what do you make of it?
Speaker 5: I would take ceedee Lamb. They're gonna trail and he if you're a backup quarterback and you come in, what are you gonna do. You're gonna feed the star right, You're gonna You're gonna go to the safest route for you to succeed. I think cd is gonna have a good game, and I think they're gonna trail. And the only thing I worry about Dallas is that the Eagles will control time of possession. And I'm not sure, you know, is Dallas going to be watching most of this game from the sideline Cooper Rush? But I think Cooper rush is efficient. I think he doesn't turn it over a lot. I don't think there's a huge gap him and Dak dex better. But it's not like you know, Mahomes and Carson wentz Uh, you know, or Josh Johnson and Lamar Jackson. I think the gap is a point, so I think Ceedee Lamb will eat.
Speaker 1: Yeah. How do you keep your backup quarterback job? You throw to the superstar. That's right, job number one exactly. All Right, everybody, thank you for tuning. Remember ahead to fantasypros dot com slash challenge to play along all season long. Thanks Colin. Good luck in week ten. All right? Thanks? All right, guys, let's dive in question one here with the Germany game Giants quote unquote at Panthers in Germany? What do we expect from the Panthers backfield given the possible seemingly likely return of Jonathan Brooks coupled with the extension for Cuba Hubbard, and you can kind of look at this for what we expect out of this matchup that's a little bit longer term given this extension news, Deebro, what do you think?
Speaker 6: I mean?
Speaker 2: I think she was going to play the role he's been playing. He's gonna play probably seventy five to eighty percent of the snaps. I don't think much changes for him, and obviously, especially with the franchise giving him the contract, Jonathan Brooks being active, I think if anything, he's probably gonna cut into the snaps for Miles Sanders and they probably eat in to each other's work. But Dude, when I saw that announced, I was really like, Okay, this is interesting, Like I do not disagree with culture and paying a player that's played well. I think Cuba has played extremely well. Do I think he is a star? No, I'd be very and I just went to go pull it up. They still haven't released or I haven't found anywhere with the contract language breakdown, like is this really just a puffed up one year deal? Is this a two year deal and the money falls off after that? So I'll be very interested to see how that contract is structured. But for Jonathan Brooks, man like either and Fitzy, I'm really curious about where you stand with this because I know you la Brooks coming out, But like for Brooks and long term value, I'm like, one of two things is probably true here. Either drafting a Jonathan Brooks in the second round was a bad move or paying Cuba Hobbard or maybe both. But like I I know a lot of people have made the comparison to the Detroit backfield. My entire thing is like, this is not a team ready to roll. This is not a team that, like, they have multiple roster holes and it's not like they were top three in cap space before the Chewbahabbard contract. So I get rewarding a player that has played really well. I don't understand it in the context of, like you have so many other roster holes to plug and to figure out. Paying a running back, especially at this point of the season, should not have been the highest of priorities.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the reason Montgomery and Gibbs work is a. The offensive line is awesome and allows them to work, and b those guys are really good players, Like David Montgomery was a proven good player. Jamiir Gibbs was a top twelve pick in the draft as a running back. Like, making that comparison, I think is is foolish. Yeah, fits you. What do you think we should expect out of the backfield for this week? You know, presuming that Jonathan Brooks is back on the field and then also longer term.
Speaker 4: First of all, just want to echo every Debro said, like I realize organizations need more than one good running back to get through a season, Like guys are going to get hurts and you don't want to wear down your top guy. But it is like building a house and sort of putting in the windows before you do the plumbing. Like the running backs should be kind of the last piece of the puzzle. And like we've seen bad organizations over invest in running backs. And I'm not trying to say running backs don't matter. They do, but it is a more fungible position than you know, offensive line, pass rushers, cornerbacks, quarterback of course, So it's kind of weird that the Panthers are sort of building backwards here. They're they're building sort of inside out. I don't know if that's the right way to go, or maybe outside in. But so, I mean, like Debro, I'm expecting something close to the usual workload for Chuwbo.
Speaker 3: What does that mean.
Speaker 4: He's had at least seventeen touches in seven straight games, and he does deserve that sort of workload. He's averaging five yards per carry six touchdowns in his last seven games. He has been the best thing about the Carolina offense all season. Now I could be wrong, but I tend to think the Brooks debut is sort of much ado about nothing really talented prospect. I'm excited about him for dynasty and for the future, but the Panthers really don't have much incentive to give him substantial work, considering that one he's coming off this major injury, and two they're not going anywhere this year. They're not making the playoffs, So maybe I'm wrong. I saw one person on Twitter throw out the idea, and I would give credit, but I forget who said this that maybe it turns out to be sort of Naji Harris Jalen Warren usage for these two, with Cuba in the Nase role and Brooks in the Warren role. Maybe that's the case. I wouldn't want to see that, though, because I think that devalues both guys, like I don't think Dave Kanalis likes to run the ball as much as Arthur Smith does, and also like it's a better setup for running backs in Pittsburgh where you've got a defense that can actually hold people and get your offense the ball back and give you favorable game scripts.
Speaker 3: So I'd hate to see it turn out to be like that.
Speaker 4: I guess I should acknowledge the possibility it is, but right now I'm betting on something pretty close to the status quo with as deebro said, Brooks threatening Miles Sanders backup role more than Cuba's role.
Speaker 2: I'm real curious with one thing before. I don't want to get you know, too far in the weeds on this, but like I know, people as soon as that news hit they were thinking about, Okay, what do I do in dynasty? And I'm like, is there any kind of thought for me? Because I just and we don't have news. I'm not breaking news, but like to just reading the tea leaves here. Carolina has been very very conservative with Brooks, like more so than I think a lot of us even anticipated to this point. And now with this Cuba Hubbard extension middle of the season nowhere free agency, I'm kind of wondering, like was the the Brooks injury more substantial or has the rehab not gone as well as like maybe they hoped that has kind of like pulled some of these levers. But I mean, and I don't want to get two tenfold had here, but like, did you think about that at all, like looking up dynasty wise and moving forward because those things kind of just like like popped off of my head after we saw the news.
Speaker 4: I didn't, but we should probably consider that possibility.
Speaker 1: It's funny, you know, fits you mentioned that they're like the Panthers don't have incentive to play Jonathan Brooks. They didn't really have incentive to pay cheb of Hubbard right now, and they still did. So maybe they don't, you know, view it in that same way. Saw somebody There is some quote about how they like view cub Hubbard as like the type of player that really like is emblematic of their franchise and who they want to be, and somebody was like Packers, Bart Starr, Ravens ed reed Cuba Hubbard. I mean, to me, the biggest case against paying Chuba Hubbard is Shoba Hubbard. You can find a guy like him in the fourth round of the draft. That's why you don't pay. It's not because running backs aren't good. It's because you can find them later. And you know, also the shorter shelf life. So I don't know that this is going to be like the difference maker in the state of their franchise, Like there was a lot wrong anyway. So you want to pay a guy that you know like and has done a good job for you, Sure, but I just think it's bad practice and sign Hubb.
Speaker 2: To an extension and pay him or draft somebody like Tyrone Tracy. Is there a difference?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well also too, like like you said, d where you're like, I don't know what was bad, like drafting Brooks in the second round or extending Schuba Hubbard. It's the fact that it's both. You can do what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the answer could be both easily both.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to a much more fun matchup. And I wouldn't have said this in August, but these have been two really fun teams for entirely different reasons this season. Uh, Steelers at Commanders. It's a historic offense what the Commanders are doing, and probably the best defense in football for Pittsburgh. So I'm keeping this key question simple. Who prevails this great offense or this great defense? Fits will start with you.
Speaker 3: Is it the best defense for him? Like the Steelers are only eight.
Speaker 1: I think it might be. I mean, I don't know with like statistically speaking, what it is, but I think they're awesome and when I watch them, I just feel like that's the Toughesti's.
Speaker 2: Definitely better than the Ravens.
Speaker 1: God, I don't know about the best well irrelevant, Yeah.
Speaker 4: They are a contender for best defense. I know they're only eighth in defensive DVA, seventh against the run, tenth against the pass. But it'll be interesting to see what the acquisition of Preston Smith does for their pass rush because right now Pittsburgh is only middle of the pack in sacks and pressure rate, and getting Preston Smith should help. Also helping getting my guy Nick Herbig back from a hamstring injury, because that guy is a terror off the edge. So that's gonna make Pittsburgh tough with the University of Wisconsin edge combo of TJ.
Speaker 3: Watt and Nick Herbig. But it's a really good de defense.
Speaker 4: But I don't think we'll see a decisive winner in the matchup between the Pittsburgh defense and the Washington offense. I think Jayden Daniels will have his moments. I think they'll be able to move the ball in fits and spurts. But I don't think the Commanders are putting up a forty burger on the Steelers either.
Speaker 2: Debra, Yeah, I'm kind of where fits is like. I think that both are going to have their moments. It's gonna be a lot of push and pull. If I have to pick one winner out of this, dude, I've not bet against Jade and Daniels the entire entire season, like even going back to prospect season. I'm not going to bet against him now, and it's specifically because of the reasons that fits stated like talking about the pass rush. They've had the third lowest quarterback hurry rate. Now, maybe Preston Smith makes a dent in that. I doubt a serious dent in that for his first game. So yes, I'm not betting against Jadan Daniels, Like he's pretty much like between rushing equity and how good he has been as a passer. And this flows over to Terry McLaurin. They're pretty much freaking matchup proof. I don't care I'm starting them just regardless of the matchup.
Speaker 1: Is there any player in this game that you on the Commander's offensive side that there's a bad matchup, like even if you're still starting them in the bad matchup as anybody that you are worried about.
Speaker 2: Brian Robinson Junior easiest player to talk about here. Terrible matchup, terrible matchup on the ground, and the bigger point of like, okay, when when you see running backs get these bad matchups on the ground versus really tough run defenses, then we're like, okay, like a la Chase Brown, you either need to get a lot of volume or get pass game work, and I don't think Brian Robinson Junior gets either. So really you're hoping that he sucks out with touchdowns because he's been living in this thirty percent snap range when he's not been fully healthy, and maybe that goes up to forty percent, But what are we talking about here, Like he probably gets somewhere in the neighborhood of like eleven to fourteen carries no pass game work, I mean really, so you're just betting on that he rips a long run probably unlikely versus this run defense, or he scores a touchdown. So really that makes him a touchdown dependent RB three instead of an RB two, where I think a lot of people kind of view him at.
Speaker 1: By the way it fits, just to like, you know, make sure people don't think i'much, a're just just gassing up the AFC North or whatever. Like I recognize that there are other teams that are better statistically defensively, like the Chiefs have a really good case best defense in football, the Vikings obviously, I just think the Steelers are really, really good is maybe the better way to frame it.
Speaker 4: No, I agree, I would personally cast my vote for the Chiefs as the best defense in football, but yeah.
Speaker 1: It probably is the Chiefs. I think I like the Steelers defense maybe better than the Vikings, even though the Vikings pass rush is amazing and they've been better so far this season. Like if I'm projecting forward, but I think the Chiefs are probably the correct answer. Let's go to Bills at Colts, to teams that would not be in that conversation for best defense in football. I want to talk about James Cook. We didn't really mentioned him a ton on the show or really any of the shows we've done the last couple of weeks. The last five games, he has either been a top five running back or outside the top twenty four. Very boom or bust for James Cook. So Debro, I ask you, where should he be ranked for Week ten?
Speaker 2: I've got James Cook right now at RB fourteen. I think, looking at him, and that's probably a little bit low. To be honest, I think he should be a low end RB one this week. I think it's more boom than bust, and looking at it, I mean, this is just an easy narrative. Man, Colts can't stop the run. Second most rushing yards allowed per game. They suck versus zone runs tenth highest zone rushing success rate allowed. Sixty one point five percent of Cook's runs have been on zone concepts. I think this is a game where we should be ranking James Cook closer to being a top five option than being an RB two.
Speaker 1: What do you think fits?
Speaker 4: I agree with t bro Yes, the production has been somewhat uneven, but if you net it out, that results are eight touchdowns in eight games and eighty three point three yards from scrimmage per game, which works out too. In PPR scoring. He is tied for RB ten in points per game among running backs with Jonathan Taylor and Kareem Hunt. And that seems about right because I think of all of those guys as low end RB one's. I've got him RB eleven James Cook this week, so and the Colts. Deebrow says, there's some things to like about the matchup. I mean other things. It is no worse than a neutral matchup, and quite possibly a favorable one for James Cook. So yeah, I think he should be a back end RB one.
Speaker 1: I just moved him with the RB ten, what kind of usage do you expect Debro given, like also just the injuries for the receiving players in this offense. I mean, Kean Coleman already ruled out some question as of now when we're recording about Amari Cooper, does that, you know, really increase your your interest in James Cook to a significant degree or maybe just a slight boost.
Speaker 2: I think it boosts not all James Cook, but flow this over to Khalil Shakir and Dalton Kinkaid. All three of these players have plus matchups this week every way every way you slice this, And now you're telling me that Amari Cooper is probably going to be out. We'll see with the news ends up being. Kean Coleman's already been ruled out, and Curtis Samuel has not been a full time player in this offense. Mac Collins has his moments. He probably catches a freaking touchdown that I'm actually saying all this, but this is all to say that, yes, like I want to be above consensus for those three specific players this week, and warm you'll have to tell me where's Khalil Shakir in ranks right now? Because I have him right now at Oh, Khalil, where are you? I've got him at a wide receiver seventeen? Is that too lot?
Speaker 1: He's wide receiver twenty four in ECR for half GPR scoring.
Speaker 2: Because I think I might actually bump him up, like here's an interesting conversation boys, And maybe this sounds crazy, but I'm sorry, like banged up plus has Cooper Rush's quarterback Khalil Shakira se D Lamb. Who do you rather this week?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: They're actually back to back for the record in ECR.
Speaker 3: Yep, Yeah, I would much rather have Lamb.
Speaker 2: Okay, and I think I take shakier. I've seen too much Cooper Rush in my life.
Speaker 1: Secures waders here for twenty four, Ceede Lambs wider here with twenty three in ECR. So that's really interesting that you picked that name because they are there. It's funny like you look compared to like what you would think from the beginning of the season. Khalil scars vit to here with twenty four, Ceede Lambs widers here twenty three and Marvin Harrison Junior is wide receiver twenty five. They are sandwiching Khalil Shakir and Shaquir is a good player who I liked even before the year, But seeing him between those two names says something about the state of all three of those guys. Really.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for anyone who is a Cede Lamb investor and being terrified by this conversation, we'll put a pin in it for now, but I will give you reason for optimism about see Lamb a little later in.
Speaker 1: The show or Lamb coming up. The NFL season is rolling along and the contenders are separating from the pack. The one thing that hasn't changed this season Raft Kings sportsbook and official sportsbook partner of the NFL, the number one place to bet touchdowns. Fade to the corner of the end zone, running back breaks through the line and gallop sixty yards to score. Tyland Wallace going tiptoeing down the line for eighty four yards on Thursday Night. We don't care how they get them. We want to bet on touchdowns. That DraftKings is the best place to do it. Ready to place your first bet, try betting on something simple like a player scoring a touchdown. Go to the DraftKings Sportsbook app and make your pick. The best game on the Week ten slate remaining is probably Detroit. Houston looks like the Texans maybe not getting a Nico Collins back for that one, still a good team. Lions are getting Jamison Williams back. Lions laying a field goal in Houston for that one is how the line started in the week. Another surprisingly fun game we just talked about Steelers Commanders Washington laying a couple points at home. And of course the biggest total total of the week was a Ravens Bengals on Thursday Night Football and they surpassed that by a mile. Very high scoring game. Odds and lines subject to change on all games throughout the week. Of course, whichever game you bet, here's a reason for newcast U used to do a touchdown dance of their own. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets if your bet wins. Score big with Drafting Sportsbook, the number one place to bet touchdowns drought download the Drafting Sportsbook app and U s scote Fantasy Pros that's Gooed Fantasy Pros for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets if your bet wins. When you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 6: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York called eight seven seven eight open WI or text hope and y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours ap For issuance, four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNNG dot co slash ft ball.
Speaker 2: I meant to bet the over Ravens mentions on this show today. It was plus money at seven and a half on DK, so I I lament that I did not already.
Speaker 1: We recap Thursday night football every week, so it was unavoidable.
Speaker 2: Did you have to walk into the show looking like a Raven's intern? Though? Like? Did do we have to get that everybody that's not watching on YouTube? It's there.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've worn any Ravens stuff this entire s.
Speaker 2: Somebody's got to go back and fact check that I.
Speaker 1: Might have the I might have week one because they were on opening nights. I might have on that Thursday. Besides that, I don't really recall. I mostly wear like Fantasy Pro stuff, but you know, it was an exciting game. I want to wear some purple, all right.
Speaker 2: You know, assuming did you buy an FP jacket and just put the H did you sew that on there? No?
Speaker 1: I did not get a purple FP.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Sure, but this is also a super comfortable sweater, so it's also just nice to it's snowing outside. I want to be comfortable. I want to feel good, excited about my team.
Speaker 4: You always you always start that draft kings read with the mentioned the first type of touchdown the fade to the corner of the end zone. And I know all the math nerds will point out that that is a very low ev play call, But how much do you think Bengals fans are wishing they had tried a fade to the corner of the end zone on that two point conversion to Jamar Chase. I think that's what everyone Kirk Herbstreet was basically calling that out as the play before it happened and they tried something else, as I do.
Speaker 2: That that pass that Burrow threw over to Ravens defenders to thread the.
Speaker 1: Needle to Chase is insane.
Speaker 2: It was, dude, depending on every single angle, You're like, how do amazing happen?
Speaker 1: As somebody who obviously was very motivated to see them not convert that two point conversion? The two plays, the two plays I did not want to see them run, were anything to Jamar Chase or any kind of pass to Chase Brown, Like I was really worried there's gonna be some pass.
Speaker 2: I didn't understand why they didn't throw it in the flat to Chase Brown, like, just let them run it in.
Speaker 1: That was what I was most scared of, as somebody who didn't want them to score. So I was happy to see a low percentage pass attempt to tight end. That's all I'll say. All right, let's go to forty nine ers at Buccaneers. What do we expect out of the San Francisco offense now that we have the I don't know if it's like one hundred percent official, but pretty much official return of Christian McCaffrey fits.
Speaker 4: I'm guessing somewhere between twelve to seventeen touches for McCaffrey, with Jordan Mason and Isaac Grendo mixing in. Debo gets six to eight short area targets and a few carries. Juwan Jennings takes over the Brandon ayukrals the primary downfield receiver, and George Kittle smashes this week against the Buccaneers defense that's given up the third most receptions and second most receiving yards to tight ends.
Speaker 2: Debra wheels up for everybody. I mean, CMC, I don't have him as an RB one like ECR. I just I can't rank him as an RB one in his first game back. Could he burn me in that way? But I've gotta hi an RB sixteen. I agree with fits as far as the projected workload. The way that he burns me is if he gets two touchdowns with that type of projected workload, which I mean it could happen. I'm more living in the area off. He gets probably one score, pays off on being a top fifteen, top twenty running back for the week, and really brock Purty just unleashes the passing attack man like Tampa Bay has had his Swiss cheese pass defense the entire season. I don't think that stops here. So yeah, it wheels up for all the receiving options except for Ricky Piersol, because with everybody back healthy, he's probably shoved down to like fifth in that target pecking order, you know, fits.
Speaker 1: I really kind of struggle with ranking CMC this week. We've we've got a lot of questions about him on the various live streams this week, and I found myself often siding with the other running back having said that I don't know why San Francisco would bring him back unless he was like truly one hundred percent, like ready to go. And if he is one hundred percent or really close to it, I don't know why we would think you won't get a ton of workloads. So maybe it was wrong to kind of side with some of these other decent options ahead of him and wanting to see it for a game before he comes back. How are you approaching ranking him?
Speaker 4: I've got him Marbi ten, one spot ahead of James Cook, And you pretty much summed up my philosophy on injuries right there, Like, if he is back, that means the team's medical staff has deemed him completely healthy. These like medical staffs don't want to bring players back prematurely and risk these guys having long term absences. So I'm sure they're feeling confident enough about Christian McCaffrey's ability to be Christian McCaffrey again. So yeah, Like, I don't think they're going to give him twenty five carries right away, although stranger things have happened, so with a slightly more subdued touch count, I still think back end RB one is a pretty reasonable place for him.
Speaker 1: Let's go to a game that I'm really fascinated by, Broncos at Chiefs, and we talked about this a little bit earlier in the week fit I want to dive into it more here. This Denver defense had an outlier bad game in Week night against the Ravens. The Chiefs offense had an outlier good game relative to what we've seen from them this season in Week nine. So which of those outlier performances again relative to this season will carry over into Week ten?
Speaker 4: Fits Well wouldn't have to be either both carryover or neither carryover worm, because if it's an outlier good game for the Chiefs offense again, that means another outlier bad game for the Broncos defense.
Speaker 1: You could make the case of like a you see good offense beating good defense or play well. But I take your point.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm a teacher grading a paper here, So sorry, here you go worm with all the red marks. Yeah, I mean so, I like, I don't know if the Chiefs offense is entirely fixed. Let me ask the two of you a couple of quick questions about the wide receivers. First, DeAndre Hopkins the rest of the way. If I set the over under at low end wide receiver two value, would you bet over or under over?
Speaker 2: I want him. I think he's a low end wide receiver one top fifteen option.
Speaker 1: I would bet over.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Same here I think maybe high end to mid range wide receiver two. And the other question, is Xavier worthy droppable?
Speaker 2: Yes he is and all of that. It really comes down to usage, FITZI. And when I looked up his numbers from last week, his first Reid target share dropped to four percent, his A dot went up to twenty three. He legit like they had been playing him in a Rashi Reis esque role in feeding him like a twenty five to thirty percent first read cheer up until last week, DeAndre Hopkins took over that role, so he is going to play that role when people need to understand that because he played forty five percent of his snaps in the slot as well. Xavier Worthy kept the role as a full time player in the offense. But he is just like rest of season, he's droppable. He is now playing the DeMarcus Robinson the NBS role where he is running clear outs and cardio. It's it's sad, but dude, that's exactly what the numbers said from last week.
Speaker 4: I was telling Worm on the show we did with ericson yesterday that like two of the biggest red herrings of the fantasy season came in that Thursday night opener between the Chiefs and the Ravens, with Xavier Worthy scoring the two touchdowns and Isaiah Likely having the huge game. Like you would have thought those guys would be immensely valuable this season and they have just like.
Speaker 1: Also Derek Henry looking like he would need touchdowns to be relevant.
Speaker 2: Yeah true in that true or.
Speaker 1: Speak too, Yeah, a lot of stuff didn't pan out.
Speaker 2: Interesting, don't overreact to one week.
Speaker 1: I to answer your questions fits on DeAndre Hopkins, Like, I do agree. He's actually ranked in our ECR for rest of season as wide receiver twenty six. Like, I think that's going to continue to go up. Oh, but that's that's a sign that maybe right now you should go try and trade for Hopkins in new league. We think we think that that's off. We think he's misvalued. As far as Worthy goes philosophically, I really like investing in second half of the season talented for the first round rookie receivers. Everything we have seen on the field in terms of usage and in terms of the actual play, the eye test, the stats, like, he is an obvious drop if not for the fact that he falls under the umbrella of the types of players I philosophically like to pursue. So if I can get past that, you know, barrier, then yes, I think he's definitely a drop candidate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe there's something to be said for the theory that, like the Andy Reid offense, is hard for rookies to pick up because we saw guy more completely.
Speaker 1: Buzs say, yeah, he's not the first rookie receiver to struggle.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, yeah, maybe Kansas City just needs to start just signing veteran wide receivers and quit quit with drafting rookies and hurting our heart.
Speaker 1: Ra she Rice took off in the second half of his rookie season too, and then looks like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess Rice, that's the obvious exception.
Speaker 1: That's fair depro. What do you think about this this game? And you know, given that we saw the Broncos statistically had a case in that best defensive football argument. Again, statistically speaking, they were facing easier competition, you know, prior to last week, and then they get absolutely roasted. So do you think that's more typical of what we're gonna see for them going forward? Again, it's hard to know if the Chiefs are a similarly difficult matchup because you know, historically sure, but this season not so much. Last week, Yes, what do you think of this one?
Speaker 2: So first of all, nobody can stop Derrick Henry in the Ravens rushing attack. Nobody. You can just hope to try to like quell that storm a little bit or try to contain them. Good luck, you're not doing that. I mean, even since, like we talked about, Derrick Henry had a down game last night, Like it's just a fact. So I think that the Broncos will be able to contain Kareem Hunt to an extent. He's still gonna probably like sniff twenty five opportunities and it's not going to matter because the volume he's gonna see. But the big thing that I want to highlight with this matchup is that what has been helping Denver and really really help their past defense is Patrick's retained shadowing guys and taking the number one wide receivers off the board. Now, the Ravens exploited this last week and said, Okay, fine, you don't move into the slot a whole lot. So we're going to play our best wide receiver in the slot sixty percent of the time. You're telling me that Andy Reid's not going to do the same damn thing after playing DeAndre Hopkins in the slot forty five percent of the time last week. So yeah, I think Hopkins probably sees a fifty maybe sixty percent slot rate. I think Travis Kelcey is going to get volume and get his and I think the Chiefs are going to roll like I think, I don't know if we see mahomes By as good as he was last week, because It's been a long time, but I think we're going to see probably he's going to be in that eighteen to twenty fantasy point range this week or close to it. And the Chiefs might not look as good as they did last week, but they're still going to look very, very good in Hopkins gonna have a good game quickly.
Speaker 1: No explanation, no thoughts, Just give me a number, Patrick Mahomes. Rest of season will be fantasy QB blank, oh ye, ten and eleven. Okay, so low end QB one for the guys. Let's go to another matchup here, Falcons. That's Saints divisional matchup here, fun rivalry. When the teams are good, Are there any Saints beyond Alvin Kamara worth starting now that they have a new head coach. We often see teams kind of change up their philosophy sometimes get that new coach, you know, bump for the players. Is there any players in New Orleans we want to start setting aside Alvin Kamara, deepro Taysom Hill.
Speaker 2: That's it. It's it's just it's just King Taysom Man like regardless. I mean, he is, he is like Thanos, he is inevitable. All roads lead back to Taysom Hill on the Saints offense, It's like, oh, well, what did Taysom do last time he played the Falcons? Oh, that's right, he got two rushing scores. Okay, and Atlanta's still bad versus the rushing attack. Okay? Check? Oh wait, is Atlanta any good versus tight ends? Nope? Allowing the ninth most Fantasy points per game to tight ends? Okay? Well check. So regardless, if you want to talk about Taysom the the rushing weapon, boom, you want to talk about Taysom the receiving weapon, who also, by the way, led the team with a twenty percent first read share last week, Boom, He's gonna pop off their way. So I mean, either way it goes all road sleep Back to Taysom.
Speaker 1: Hill, Deebro. Taysom Hill is tight end eight in ecr Is that too high? Too low?
Speaker 2: Or too low? I've got him. That's too low. I mean I've got him at uh. Let's see, I've got Taysom Hill right now at I've had him at tight end five earlier in the week I dropped him. He is tight end eight in my ranks, But I do think it was too low. I will slap my own wrist with that one.
Speaker 1: What do you think fits spicy?
Speaker 4: I've got him at tight end A two, and I agree with dee Bro's assessment. You know, look, Chris olave out its rashid shei heat out for the year. Alvin Kamara with thirty five touches last week, like he's not going to survive if they keep giving him that sort of workload. So yeah, I mean it seems like the more adverse things the Saints' offense is dealing with, the better it is for Taysom Hill. So Debro comped him to Thanos. I would comp him to a funeral director, funeral home director, because tragedy is good for business for Taysom Hill.
Speaker 2: It's fair.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's fair.
Speaker 2: Alvacas are a really dark metaphor, but it totally fit.
Speaker 1: Dude. Plase Alva Kamara is RB five and he see her. By the way, do you worry that he's just going to get one hundred percent of the defensive attention here or the volume is king and he'll be fine?
Speaker 2: I mean defensive attention when the defense can't stop the run doesn't really matter to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got him a consensus.
Speaker 4: You would think maybe there would be a little bit of pullback and that they're not looking to get him twenty five plus touches this week if they can help it.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying to make the case to get away from Camara obviously like you should. Sorry, I'm just trying to ask the question. But yeah, over under twenty eight and a half touches for him in this game.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a good line, all right.
Speaker 1: Growing up, basketball was never near the top of my list of favorite sports. I always preferred baseball and then football as I got older. But once I was in college at Maryland, I completely fell in love with the atmosphere at college basketball games. The energy, the passion, the noise, the chills. There's no fan experience in the world quite like a high level college troops game. I still remember storming the court my final game as a student senior year against Uva. And now that I'm a decade past my days as a student, which is sad to think about, when I need basketball tickets, I turned to Game Time, which is fun to think about. Game Time has this new feature called Game Time Picks, which filters out the fluff to show you only incredible deals in great seats. It makes getting tickets to see your favorite teams play live even easier. The list of my favorite features on the Game Time app it's too long to read everything. Here are some standouts for me personally. I love the game Time Picks curate, obviously, especially since I can use it for not just sports, but concerts, comedy, theater, and more. I also love the all in pricing so there are no surprise fees at checkout. There's nothing in the world more infuriating to me than thinking I know what I'm about to spend on a purchase, then getting hit with a surprise fee at the last second. That doesn't happen with Game Time. Plus, I appreciate the seat views to get a panoramic view from your seat in the app before you commit to buying, So take the guesswork out of buying tickets with Game Time Picks. Download the Game Time app, Create an account and use code Fantasy Pros for twenty dollars off your first purchase. Terms apply again. Create an account and a redeem code fa n t as y Pros for twenty dollars off. Download Game Time Today. What time is it? Game Time? It's My next key question is how scared are you as a Wisconsin fan of having Derek Queen in the Big Ten.
Speaker 3: Now, hey, we're two and oer man.
Speaker 4: We've beaten the Holy Cross and University of Wisconsin Milwaukee.
Speaker 1: Yeah you storm the cord after those?
Speaker 3: No, I did not.
Speaker 4: But yeah, hopefully, hopefully this much hyped prospect works out better for Maryland than i'mond Stone, who you played from Wisconsin and turned out to be not that good despite all the He's.
Speaker 2: Going to take a nap when anyway.
Speaker 1: Okay, I suppose I should have known that was coming, considering that Diamond soone almost went to Wisconsin, so that was a fair game. Let's go to an actual football question. Patriots Bears Drake Bay is quarterback twenty two in ECR for Week ten, but he's been QB ten, QB seven, and QB eighteen in his three healthy starts this season. Should he be ranked higher? Even in what is clearly a tough matchup? Fits, I'll start with you this time.
Speaker 3: On paper, it's a tough matchup.
Speaker 4: The Bears have allowed the fewest fantasy points to quarterbacks, but the Bears also seem like they might be collapsing. They responded to their Hail Mary loss to the Commanders by getting their wigs peeled back by the Arizona Cardinals last week in the Desert, so team morale seems low. Matt Eberflus's job is probably hanging by a thread right now, so I don't think this is that scary a matchup for Drake May, although the Bears are expected to get edge rusher Montes Sweat and cornerback Kyler Gordon back, which is gonna help that defense. But still three games for Drake May that he's started and finished, he's averaging twenty excuse me, two hundred and forty one point six passing yards, two touchdown passes, and fifty point three rushing yards. So I have Drake May ranked QB twenty one, and I feel like that might be too conservative.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, based on everything he just laid out, I was guessing you were gonna say he's top twenty, top eighteen.
Speaker 3: It's a weirdly good week for quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: I agreed.
Speaker 1: I guess yeah, if you look at it, like the guys ranked ahead of him, who were you dropping? You know, Russell Wilson is one spot ahead of him, Bo Nicks, Caleb Williams in the same matchup, Herbert, who I know you have really high fits, Stroud, Daniel Jones. Those are the names that are directly above Drake May and there's cases to be made for a lot of those guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've got I'm ahead of I've got him ahead of Stroud. If Nico Collins isn't back, you know, I think I have him one spot ahead of Caleb. Now I've got him one spot behind Caleb, and I might have to change that. I think I'd rather play May than Caleb this week, Deeber.
Speaker 1: What do you think again? May is QB twenty two, So given this matchup, is that too high? Too lower?
Speaker 2: Just right as we're kind of going through this, I felt like I was being dismissive too. I bumped him up to QB sixteen. I don't want to play him. I think other quarterbacks they're not in my ranks in this range. But I would still play Aaron Rodgers over him. I would still play Justin Herbert over him, but I think playing him over Stroud, even Baker Mayfield, Caleb Williams, Daniel Jones, Russell Wilson, Bo Nix, all of those guys, I think May needs to be ranked above them, but there are other players that are in the QB two range that I will still play over May. I think. I think Drake May versus Tua this week is a very interesting conversation. I think that's kind of where my line is.
Speaker 1: By the way, like you know, we're focusing on the three games that he started and completed healthy. In that fourth game that he left early, he still had forty six yards and a touchdown and not a lot of playing time, Like that's just another kind of, you know, a feather in his cap. In terms of what this rushing is. I wonder if we are not we the three of us, but we as an industry are like not reacting quickly enough to the rushing equity that you quick May. Like we knew that he could do this at North Carolina and the people who liked him in rookie drafts in dynasty leagues said this is a guy who can run too. But I don't know that he's being ranked as a guy who is as good a runner as Drake May is.
Speaker 2: I think the best comparison. I think that that is very spot on worm that we are probably not catching up quick enough to his rushing upside and his production. I'm not saying he is this player, and I'm not saying he has the attributes of this player. I'm also not saying that he has the same type of talent anything like that. But I think this is very close to the production we are getting in fantasy to a dollar store version of rookie season.
Speaker 1: Josh Allen, Yeah, yeah, I can see that, like even like stylistically, like just like, for example, a couple spots ahead from bow Nicks, somebody who's there, because he's also shown us the rushing equity, I believe justin just as much in May's ability to run as an NFL quarterback as bo Nix and Knicks is going up against the Chiefs that we just said might have the best.
Speaker 2: I mean Nick's Dollars store Daniel Jones. So it's pretty much.
Speaker 4: Quick quick note on that Drake May averaged ten rushing attempts during his two seasons as a starter at North Carolina ten.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Drake May is really good. I'm really excited to see what he does once the Patriots get some better players around him in future seasons. I did have a second question in this game, and you kind of touched on this briefly. Fits. Just the vibes around the Bears are not good. So I just wanted to kind of throw out, like, which Chicago player do we have the most faith in for Fantasy this week?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Most, It's not a quot question in a most worm, It's a question of only it's DeAndre Swift and that's it. And I mean, like, I don't feel good about having any other Bear in my starting lineup. And I say this as someone who is forced to in our company league start Caleb Williams and Romo Dunes this week, and I don't feel good about it.
Speaker 1: In the least Debra same question.
Speaker 2: I mean, the only one I feel good about starting is DeAndre Swift. I agree with Fits now. I think like when the question is posed, I think a lot of people are going to say, Okay, which wide receiver? If you have to start one of these wide receivers, who would you feel most comfortable starting this week? It's not Dj Moore. I want to lead off with that. I think he gets shot up by Christian Gonzales. I don't want to play Dj Moore. The only guy that I actually like would feel any modicum of Okay, I think he's got talent. I think he's going to get targets, and the matchup is good for him is Roma Dunzey, and he's been popping off man like since since they come back from the bye, he's been more integrated into this offense, Like since week eight, twenty percent targets here, two point one yards per route run. So he's the only player from it because it's it's not Cole Comet. Keenan Allen has done nothing. They're not even on the same page. Like. That was one of my biggest worries about Keenan Allen going to Chicago is Caleb Williams doesn't consist And that's the problem with Kayla Williams right now. He doesn't consistently. And I went on a rant on this yesterdays and Warm's already heard this, but he doesn't consistently play on schedule. And if you have a guy running out of the slot, that's a timing based player that is route running all this stuff, and it's not okay when the play breaks down and we run, we run the Merry Go round. That's not Keenan Allen's not going to succeed in an offense or with a player like that.
Speaker 4: Four point seven yards per target for Keenan Allen this season, and it's not.
Speaker 2: A Keenan Allen problem. I want to be very specific about that. If you look at the per route metrics, that's not a Keenan Allen problem. That's a Kalla Williams problem.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Eagles at Cowboys, Dee Bro, how are we approaching the Dallas offense in fantasy with Dak Prescott out and Seedy Lamb banged up?
Speaker 2: Tentatively, I don't think Cooper Rush is any good. Rico is gonna get volume, but it's a horrible, horrible matchup. I think a lot of people look at him as a volume based RB two. I can't rank him there because the matchup is horrible for him. He's an RB three for me, just volume based. Ceedee Lamb a wide receiver two. I'm not playing Jalen Tolbert. I'm not playing any other pass catcher from that offense outside of Jake Ferguson and Jake Ferguson I have as a tight end two this week. I just think you downgrade everybody and the guys you are playing out of this offense. Are very slim and it's all volume based. And no, I don't care about Jonathan Mingo by the.
Speaker 1: Way, Yeah, like everybody again, I had.
Speaker 2: To be mentioned because people are gonna ask U questions.
Speaker 1: You know, it's a good place. I'm glad you brought it up. I fully endorse not caring about him.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm worried about Jonathan Mingo devaluing all my Cavante Turpin shares.
Speaker 2: Deep Dynasty best Ball Baby.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I agree with debro On, Dowbell and Ferguson. I've got Dowell RB twenty five and Ferguson tight End sixteen. Don't want to play either of those guys, but I did promise earlier in the show some ceed Lamb optimism. So for the all the Lamb stakeholders out there, here is your mint jelly. In twenty twenty two, Dak Prescott got hurt early in the season and Cooper Rush had to make five starts for the Cowboys. In those five starts, Cede Lamb averaged six point two catches seventy six yards and had two touchdowns. So like he was still very playable when Cooper Rush started those five games. So pretty good, Chunk of the schedule, Ceed Lambs still productive. I've got him ranked wide receiver nine, and it's kind of because of the texture of the wide receiver position this week, like there aren't I don't know, I feel good about maybe seven receivers this week, and after that things get kind of dicey. So he's still kind of in the dicey category, but I am ranking him as a low end receiver one this week.
Speaker 1: Those who are listening on the audio feed have already heard earlier in the show my conversation with Colin Coward. We do the over runner challenge every week, and so for those on the video side who don't have that. As part of this episode, we did talk about how when you're a backup quarterback, what do you do you throw to the superstar. So as long as Seedy Lamb can handle the targets and your health wise, he will get the targets. This is what backup quarterbacks do. It's the best way to stay a backup quarterback is to know kind of where your bread is buttered, and this offense that is very clearly Seed Lambs. I wouldn't be surprised if we see some some real decent volume for lamb in this one efficiency going to be a question.
Speaker 2: Mark that bread could be starting to kind of turn moldy.
Speaker 1: I just gonna mention, Yeah, it's it's a fair, it's a fair rebuttal, let's go to Sunday Night. Before we get to the key question for Sunday Night's matchup, I want to ask you guys about your Uber Eats Sunday Night Meals of the week debro. What must order food gets you reaching for your Uber eats at for great game day deals when you think of Houston.
Speaker 2: I think it's kind of dismissed of the fact that we only have one day a week that is synonymous with tacos. I want all seven freaking days of the week's anonymous with tacos. And I'm going to brothers tacos. Just just all the freaking tacos, all the cilantro, all of it, all the time.
Speaker 1: I fully endorse having tacos more than once a week. I strongly agree with that you can.
Speaker 2: Eat them for every meal, like we have breakfast tacos.
Speaker 1: Long I make breakfast tacos four times a week. Yes, honestly, Theresa tacos one on one, easy, easy fits.
Speaker 4: How about you man, I feel like I should mention Vietnamese food because I know Houston is known for great Vietnamese food, But I have to go with I'm always a fool for barbecue, and I've heard really good things about Gatlands barbecue and Houston.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was going to say some variation of barbecue as well, dee Bro. When we talked about this in slack, I was surprised that that wasn't the first place you went was barbecue. I just think of text. Is that like more of a Dallas thing or more of an other parts of Texas thing, or is Houston. I mean, I haven't been to Houston, but I would assume the barbecue is still super.
Speaker 2: Barbecue is still good. But tacos are the one oh one, So I'm not I'm just not picking anything above tacos. But the one thing I did tell you in slack when we we were talking about this, I also saw when I was looking up Houston places to eat that like creole Louisiana because cuisine was part of a thing. And I was like, no, no, no, no, no, no, we are not. Every single Louisiana person, whether it listens to this show, will tell you you're not getting Cajun or Creole food outside of Louisiana unless that chef happened to work in Louisiana and it's from there past that.
Speaker 1: No, No, I know we're talking Houston and at New Orleans. I've never been to New Orleans and the biggest reason I want to go, I think it would be a really fun please food man. Regardless of I want to go for the food so badly, like I would gain thirty five pounds in a long weekend. I h that's really appealing to me. So there you have it. Our Uber Eats Sunday Night Meals of the Week. We've got some tech you know, tacos of any variety, I'll say, on any day of the week, and we like to barbecue as well. Uber Eats has the best game day deals all season long. Order now for game day, Okay, guys, lines at Texans, I think probably the game of the week, even with the Texans not at full strength. It's seeming like can CJ. Stroud get back to playing at a high level even if Nico Collins isn't suiting up in this one?
Speaker 4: Fits No, I've got him at quarterback twenty three right now? Stroud has thrown four less than two hundred yards, and three of the four games that Nico has been out, he's only averaging one touchdown pass a game over that stretch. And the Texans offensive line has completely fallen apart. When we last saw Houston on Halloween Night, the Jets sacked CJ. Stroud eight times in that game. But this goes back like three games. They the Texans offensive line is playing worse now than it early in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: C J.
Speaker 4: Stroud's rookie season when they had like four starters hurt and I was worried that CJ. Stroud might not survive, that he might be like David Carr early in his career getting sacked so much that it ruined him.
Speaker 3: He survived that just fine.
Speaker 4: But like, I don't know if he can survive what's going on right now because they are not protecting him at all.
Speaker 1: Deebro, what do you think? And by the way, in ECR he's QB seventeen fits has already kind of discussed how he's lower on Stroud than consensus. I'm not sure where you stand.
Speaker 2: I yeah, wherever consensus is gonna come in at you say he's QB seventeen. Right now, yep, I got him at QB twenty. I'm gonna play Kleb over him, Baker Mayfield, Daniel Jones, Drake may to It's and.
Speaker 1: For all Herbert is ranked one spot behind Stroud.
Speaker 2: Right, that's ridiculous. Herbert should not be ranked that low. That's dismissed. It to whatever. Herbert has been the QB ten over the last three weeks, So get with it, people, He's a QB one this week. What are we doing here? But with Stroud for all the reasons that fits brought up man, the offensive line is playing terrible. His ceiling is so heavily correlated to Nico Collins that if Nico doesn't play, yeah, he's a bottom end QB two. And it's not a Stroud problem, it's it's in everything else around him problem. Like since week seven, tell me what quarterback can succeed in an offense? Since since week seven, CJ. Stroud is facing the eighth highest pressure rate in the league. Oh no, excuse me, the highest. I'm sorry, I'm under selling this. It's the eighth fastest time to pressure, but the highest pressure rate. He has been pressured since week seven on fifty four percent of his dropbacks. Tell me what freaking quarterback in the NFL can succeed like that? Who with also downgraded weapons? I nobody. The answer you're searching for is nobody. So don't play this at the feet of c J. Stroud.
Speaker 4: Week seven was that game against the Packers where I think the pack pressure rate on CJ. Strod was like sixty two point eight percent and it was the highest of the season. It's like over fifty percent for a three week stretch. That is just awful, horrible.
Speaker 1: So so obviously we all agree that the majority of the problem is not CJ. Strodd. Do you think that zero of the blame is Stroud or is it just like you know, on a scale of one to ten, it's like one or two. It's like a very low amount. Do you think he like there's anything that he's doing wrong and can be doing better or it is like truly one hundred percent the other stuff around him.
Speaker 2: I think it's it's a one or two. I think there are a few times where we've seen him missthrows, but like hard to blame him. It's not it's not else. It's not a second year fall off in the way like at the box scores. I understand why people are upset or fantasy whatever. I get that if you watch the games at all, the talents still there, the composure, Like, I mean, dude, we playing quarterback when you got somebody in your freaking face as soon as you hike the ball, like you don't even have time to go through your progressions even maybe get to your second read. What the hell is he supposed to do? Like seriously?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, I just wanted to ask a question because I agree with you Dolphins at RAMS Monday Night Football Fits, we received tons of start seeing questions this week about Jalen Wattle on every live stream that we did, and I know we talked about him a bit on Thursday with ericson FITS. So I'll throw to you first here, what are our expectations for Jalen Wattle against the Rams.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll kind of repeat what I said on Thursday, and I echoed what our guest, Jacob Gibbs of CBS had said on our Wide Receiver ranking show earlier in the week. So Jacob made the great point about Jalen Wattle, like he just sort of reiterating what an excellent player he is and that goes back to college, where he had the highest yards per out run in college of any receiver since twenty twenty, which includes guys like Jamar Chase and Ceedee Lamb. Wattle was good enough to be the number sixth overall pick in the draft, starts his NFL career with three straight thousand yard seasons. So then we get to this year in the Miami passing game was obviously completely broken for the four games that Tua was out, And of the four games that Tua has played, two of them were against the Bills, who have one of the lowest wide receiver target rates in the league and basically just kind of take away outside receivers. So and in one of the other Tua games, Jalen Waddle had five catches for one hundred and nine yards. So I like, don't overthink it. Jalen Waddle is really really good. If you have him, he should be in your lineup against a Rams defense that's given up the eighth most fantasy points to receivers.
Speaker 1: De Bro, the way we talked you and me on this last year yesterday, I think you disagree.
Speaker 2: I mean I disagree in the sense of, like I think there's a lot of good context there. But the other part about it is like this offense is running the same way that it ran last year. And I know we have a smaller snippet with Tua, but this offense has been running heavily through Tyreek Hill and that was the problem last year for Wattle. My my problems with Wattle have nothing to do with Wattle the player. Wattle is awesome. Every single per route metric that you look at, he is awesome. But the offense is not running through him. It's Tyreek Hill, It's Devon ah chan and John new Smith. They are the players that are getting the target chare and this is not just like so for me, it's if two is gonna throw it in his dang direction, then sure, I'm totally in on Jaal and Waddle like I've got him as a wide receiver. Three. I just that's my problem with it. Like I'm really high and the matchup is really good for John U Smith this week as well, and Devon ah Chan' is gonna get his target. So my problem with Wattle has nothing to do with Wattle. It has everything to do with the composition of this offense. Now we could talk about the matchup some, but it's not like we didn't see this the entirety of in all of last season where Jalen Wattle was awesome in per route metrics, yards, per route run, everything, but he didn't get the target chair, he didn't get the first reach here. The targets went elsewhere. And that's just the composition of the offense. So like, I think he has the upside, but he is volatile, and he's a dice roll for me, Like I would not be. I would not feel good about starting Jayalen Wattle as a wide receiver. Two. You give me Jaylen Waddle as a high upside flex or a wide receiver three, and I'm just playing. I'm I'm playing him for the possible ceiling outcome. Sure, I'm all in, but as a floor option, heck no fits.
Speaker 1: Jalen Wattle is wide receiver twenty nine in ECR too high two low, just right.
Speaker 3: Too low.
Speaker 4: I've got wide receiver twenty four. He's never been a high volume guy, deebro. He's always operated at just remarkably my efficiency.
Speaker 2: Well. Rookie season, the Jarvis Lander role was different.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, yeah, ye yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Deepro wide receiver twenty nine two high two log just right, I've got him.
Speaker 2: Where is Jill and Waddle? I just moved him in my ranks. I've got him at twenty eight so I'm in that same area code.
Speaker 1: All right, We're up up there. Thank you everybody for tuning in. Those were our week ten key questions. Best of luck in week ten. Hopefully your week's ago as well for you as they started off for me or Fits and I discrease one. We're in there for Fits and Debro. I'm Ryan Warley. Thank you everybody for tuning in and best of luck. Like I said, we'll see again next time. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Football podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple podcasts at Fantasypros dot com, slash review or on Spotify, Follow us on x, Instagram and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasypros.
Speaker 6: Backdrop back from