Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Our.
Speaker 2: Two on this Monday, Dan and The Dan Nuts Dan Patrick Show. I knew you would deliver. You did dpshow calendar high school yearbook photos. I said, send him in DP Calendar twenty twenty seven at gmail dot com your chance to be featured in the calendar. And you have inundated with inundated us with some really bad looking yearbook pictures. And that's what we were hoping for. The deadline is Wednesday, Okay, get him in by then. We hope to include you in the month of December for the twenty twenty seven DP Show calendar once again. The address DP Calendar twenty twenty seven at gmail dot com. Stat of the Day is always brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show. This week's Sunday Night Baseball, it'll be the Mariners going to Houston. It's an all West showdown in h Town, or as Todd likes to call it, Hugh Town. It is town only on NBC and Peacock. Todd's still upset that, for some reason, Michael Jordan took aim at everybody took chabs at everybody on his Hall of Fame speech. How long ago was that Hall of Fame speech? Marvin two thousand and nine. Okay, but it's bothered you in. It just surfaced this morning.
Speaker 3: It bubbled up as we started talking about these Hall of Fame speeches.
Speaker 4: I'm like, you know what, I'm going to say, what I need to stay?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 6: Anybody anybody have a problem with Adam.
Speaker 2: Vinit Terry's speech over the weekend, he had a couple of things, say, made fun of Peyton Manning, made fun of Bill Belichick. Pat McAfee also caught astray as well.
Speaker 3: Yes, John, I'm gonna stay I'm gonna stay on point with this and say I don't think it was necessary. And I just found out that he's supposed to be joining us in exactly one hour from now on the Dan Patrick Show, and most of these NBC stations.
Speaker 6: Are you going to say something to him?
Speaker 4: You'll probably put.
Speaker 3: Me on the spot and I'll end up saying that, you know what, I don't think that was the right time and place for that, And just thank everybody and go about your busy and go kick the ball somewhere.
Speaker 6: Beg you Todd, Yes, Paul.
Speaker 7: My guess is most kickers and punters don't talk much after the game. I'm not saying they're not allowed to, but people don't rush over to talk to them in an average game where they're not hitting the game winner. So this is like open season for him.
Speaker 6: Well, maybe he looks at McAfee.
Speaker 2: McAfee is a punter and he's probably thinking that guy's making sixty million dollars a year. Maybe I get some one liners here, all right? Age seven to seven to three. DP show email address DP at Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle the DP Show. Kirk kurb Street and his dog Peter are going to join us, coming up in about twenty minutes. Todd, can we just have Peter join us and not Herbie?
Speaker 3: I actually asked for that, but they said he really needs to go. I think there's like a Hurtz plug that's going to the Kirk and do and the dog won't.
Speaker 4: Be able to get that in.
Speaker 2: The dog can do it. Peter is talented as he That is a gorgeous dog. He's joined us twice and that's where you go. Boy, that is a beautiful dog and well well behaved like my dog. There's no way when he could do what Peter does, Like Peter walks in and he's waiting for you to get a chair for you. When we were in San Francisco, he just came in and he's like, h Whennie, I have a hard time. You know, I had Winnie on a plane. This was last year and somebody, a friend of mine, has a timeshare on a plane. I said, well, you know, can I bring my dog because I was going to go up to Maine.
Speaker 6: He goes, yeah, sure, there's room.
Speaker 2: Well, Whennie was crazy up and down the aisle and at one point went up to the cockpit and sat in one of the co pilot's laps as we're getting ready to land. That's probably a violation of something, but I felt so bad because this guy was giving me a ride on a private plane, and I think, goes, is your dog?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 2: I said, yeah, she'll stay right by me. And she was going up and down the aisland, panting, breathing heavy, like oh my god, looking out the window. It was a mess, And all of a sudden she just went up to look. And then all of a sudden I see her in the lap of one of the co pilots as we're ready to land, and they were really nice. The co pilot, who had my dog in her lap, said, oh, she's such a sweet thing. The other pilot he didn't say anything to me. He didn't say a nice dog. Leave her at home next time. And then you got Peter, who who is a gentleman. He walks in and he, you know, beautifully groomed. Yes, Dylan, Yeah.
Speaker 9: Kirk Herbstreet and Peter are the Dictionary definition of like when an owner looks like their.
Speaker 2: Dog, yeah, or the dog looks like the owner.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 7: Going back to your dog and the pilot, imagine you're like at the control tower and you're you know, Delta five five seven year.
Speaker 6: Excuse me, uh, yes, so she's not allowed to not allowed.
Speaker 2: No, no, she's been told no more private airplanes for you, and no more commercial planes either, because then you got to drug them up, and you know, I just didn't want to do that, yes, Dylan, Yeah, I.
Speaker 9: Mean I see why the main pilot was mad, because if something goes wrong on his side of the controls, he looks over and he's like, I guess his dog is fine.
Speaker 2: The plane now, Yeah, it was so bad embarrassing. I go, oh my god, and my friend goes your e f and dog is in the cockpit. I go, I know, should I go up there? And then next thing I know, she jumps in the co pilot's lap. Now I was waiting for them to put you know, the earphones, you know, so she could be wearing those as we land.
Speaker 6: Yes, pull.
Speaker 7: To be fair, there is no signs dog's not allowed in cockpit.
Speaker 6: You checked I it.
Speaker 10: Was frowned upon.
Speaker 7: They should let you know.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 2: Poll question from hour one and then what are we going with an hour two?
Speaker 9: Well, Dan the toughest position to make the Pro Football Hall of Fame kicker slash punter, middle linebacker, running back, or other. Seventy three percent say kicker slash punter.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And should a Hall of Fame speech be used to take shots at people playful or otherwise?
Speaker 10: Todd sixty percent say sure, why not?
Speaker 2: Who cares, it's your speech. I don't have any problem with what you do with your speech. I'm okay with that.
Speaker 4: What Todd, I will say that I'll put this a little addendum to it.
Speaker 3: If you've got something that you think is you know, very funny, not offensive, and you know, a cute little poke, you know, someone, you know, it's all obviously everyone's personal choice, So what you get out of that, not everyone will experience it in the crowd the same way.
Speaker 6: But uh, no, I know what you're doing now because he's coming on.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know that Paulie was making the backup sound on the truck.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's definitely I don't think it's a place the same thing, even remotely offensive, that could hurt someone's feelings.
Speaker 4: I feel that strongly about that. You want to make a joke, you know, Okay.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Todd.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 4: Make sure the joke isn't offensive.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, I love that.
Speaker 2: Because now we have Adam Vin Terry coming on, you are you're looking at it differently.
Speaker 3: I got nervous as soon as I saw that email from the pr in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: How to military's going?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: What did I just say?
Speaker 9: Yes, Dylan, you did ask the room what everyone thought of his speech? And then Todd said he's coming on in an hour, and I think everyone's hand is gonna drift it down.
Speaker 6: It's his speech. You do whatever you want to do. I have no problem with them.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 6: Terry and Seattle Hi, Terry, welcome back.
Speaker 12: Hey, good morning, Dan and Fela's Happy Monday. Best and worst of the weekend. I just wanted to take onto what the comments that Buddha and Gus had about the.
Speaker 13: Hall of Fame.
Speaker 12: My best was finally seeing Roger Craig go into the Hall of Fame. That guy's power, speed and versatility opened up that whole offense probably made it the most deadly of the nineteen eighties. And the worst was hearing him say that he had on set to dementia. I think everybody in the football world, regardless of who you root for, hated to hear that. But it was just really special to see him in the line.
Speaker 2: Light because we are not in touch with these athletes, you know, the general public isn't. I mean, it's really been thirty years since he played, and he's not in the media. We don't know what happens to these players when they retire, because the next guy up and then the next guy up after that when you go to the Hall of Fame. And I know I've said this about seeing Earl Campbell broke my heart because that, I mean, that guy took on everybody and he didn't dance around anybody. So whenever we see that kind of runner, it registers differently for me because you took on content like Larry Zonka. Larry Zonka was one of the toughest players ever. I don't know what condition you know he's been in or how you know any of that, because we don't see these players unless you go to a Hall of Fame. You know you'll see baseball player, and baseball players for the most part, are in pretty good shape. You know they're playing golf. Although it was sad to hear that Tommy John was not able to go to I think an old Timers game at Yankee Stadium and he taped a message. I think he's in hospice, and I was hoping that Tommy would get into the Hall of Fame because I know we talk about compilers, you still have to play long enough to compile that over two hundred and eighty wins. I think his era is three point twenty four somewhere around there. What he did at I mean he changed pitching. His success with Tommy John. If you don't have that success, I wonder how long it takes before.
Speaker 6: We have it.
Speaker 2: Maybe a different kind of surgery. Because he proved that it could work, and I think he won. I don't close to two hundred games. Maybe after he had Tommy John surgery.
Speaker 6: I just I don't know.
Speaker 2: And I don't want him in because it's a sentimental thing, or you know, I wanted him in because you're a Hall of Famer and nobody's getting nobody's getting to those totals. Ever, again, not gonna happen. And I don't know. I just I baseball. You know, maybe they put him in, but it's probably going to be posthumously.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Like you said, he shouldn't get in because of the surgery and because it's named after him. His accomplishments after the surgery. He had three twenty win seasons after the surgery. It's like Adrian Peterson getting credit for all those great years after his surgery. You know, he didn't end his career with surgery.
Speaker 6: He flourished. Trip in Vegas, Hi Trip. What do you have for me today?
Speaker 14: I had a good morning d J always get a speaker, Jie, I got to best from the weekend, and then I got a question for I need Fritzy's opinion on So my first best would be Michael Brennan winning after some faltering in the last couple of terms and then winning did for him. And my second best would be mus Canter freedom and voice light declaringce for the WNBA draft. I can't wait to see how to handle that. And then I had a question of Fritzy. I need his opinion on this. Is he find it odd that the Wyndham Classic did not have Wyndam Clark in it? And secondly, was Tony Romo being gone from CBS? Is he now Tony Nomo?
Speaker 2: Oh Trip Trip got one liners there in roasting there?
Speaker 4: I could Wyndham Clark not play in a Windom related event?
Speaker 6: He has to Paul and Iowa, Hi, Paul, what do you have for me today?
Speaker 13: Hey?
Speaker 15: Dan Well, I got a vest and worst, my worst. The wife and I watched Quarterback over the week. What a dud the four guys that didn't make the playoffs, and it felt like they put together the final scene really hastily of a four month later recap.
Speaker 16: Uh, just kind of.
Speaker 15: Putting that together because they had nobody in the playoffs. So I do hope think all the vikings this year or something for somebody that at least gets to the postseason.
Speaker 2: Well, you could have follow the Vikings and follow the Browns and you might have some interesting I mean, those are real quarterback competitions. Here Garth in Illinois, Hi Garth.
Speaker 17: Good morning, Dan and Dan s. Your daughter is about to get married. Mine is three years old, so you have the perspective I yet to Acquire's maybe one thing to tell a father with a three year old that I absolutely should not take for granted in this time.
Speaker 2: I think the best thing that I did, and once again I had to make up for lost time because I was working second shift at ESPN. I always listen to them. I didn't lecture. I listened, and even to this day, I don't lecture.
Speaker 6: I listen.
Speaker 2: Times when you have tough conversations, there are times when they need to hear your advice. But if you listen to your daughters, it's amazing what they will tell you, and that confidence that you get, that comfortable feeling that they'll tell you things and make time, make time to talk to them or just listen and find out what they're interested in. And I think that connection has really helped me with my daughters. But it took a long It took a while because I was working second shift at ESPN. And I wasn't around. I'd come home, they'd be in bed. I'd wake up, they'd be in school. And you know, I did that for fifteen years and then you're trying to do a crash course over the weekend. But listen to them because they will talk to you and tell you things and share things with you. And that's the coolest part of it is you share something together.
Speaker 6: We'll take a break.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 2: Kirkurb Street and his dog Peter set to join us. We're back after this Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio wapp.
Speaker 5: Steve Gott's here. I have a podcast empire. It continues to grow, and I have brought it here to iHeart.
Speaker 18: I'm also doing a live radio show from three to five pm Eastern because.
Speaker 5: My wife wanted to kick me out of the house. It's called Stu Gots and Company Live, which.
Speaker 18: Is available in podcast form right when the show finishes. Every single day, some of the biggest names in sports, a lot of phone calls.
Speaker 8: I love you guys a show.
Speaker 15: It's one of my favorites.
Speaker 18: A lot of interact shit guys not taking themselves too seriously. Those are just some of the things that you can expect from Stu Gottson Company and Steve Gottson Company Live. So listen to Stu Gotson Company Live and our original podcast. Please subscribe, rate and review Stu Godsen Company and god Bless Football. Taylor's livelihood depends on it.
Speaker 5: You do it today and you can.
Speaker 18: Check all of those out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Adam VINCHERI, fresh from his Hall of Fame speech that Fritzi had a problem with, will join us. Coming up next hour. We'll get to your phone calls. Best and worst to the weekend. We will give you our best and worst to the weekend. Coming up. He's Kirk kurb Street ESPN College Football analyst. You can also find him Thursday night on Prime Video and the biggest signing in the off season. Kirk Kurbstreet his dog Peter. He got an NIL deal and he's going to make weekly picks game day picks thanks to Hurts and there he is. Hi, Pete, how are you? We did ask for Peter and and just Peter, not you Hey.
Speaker 13: Hey, I get it.
Speaker 10: I get it. I mean, uh, this is a big it's a.
Speaker 8: Big deal with all everybody getting in il deals, I'm not surprised.
Speaker 10: It hurts.
Speaker 6: Okay, Is Peter going to become a diva?
Speaker 8: Man? I hope not. We We shot a huge commercial with him. He had everybody all around him. I mean it was it was quite a quite a scene. It was an all day performance. And he's starting to get a little bit cocky, getting a little bit too big for his breeches.
Speaker 10: That's what I'm concerned about.
Speaker 2: Okay, But you have other Golden's there, I do. Is there any you know, jealousy?
Speaker 8: You'll see in some of the spots, there's a little little friction there, you know. I'm I'm I'm talking to him often about just trying to keep it level headed.
Speaker 10: And I mean, look at that face.
Speaker 6: Though I wish my kids were as well behaved as Peter is.
Speaker 10: Every time we come and hang out at the top side. He loves hanging out with you guys.
Speaker 6: He is great. Okay.
Speaker 2: If I gave you Ohio State and Notre Dame or the rest of the field to win the national championship, because those are the two favorites right now according to draftings.
Speaker 6: So who would you take?
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh, I just think there's so many good players returning. I think it's wide. I think Miami, I think Indy. I know, both those teams had great years last year. By the way, Indiana is not going away. You know people that think Indiana was a fun story. Mendoza was great. That was a quick one or two years, as long as Signetti is in charge of that team, and get used to Indiana being a perennial. When I say perennial power, I'm talking top ten, top five every year. So they're not going anywhere. It's really going to come down to both of those teams, Miami and Indiana. The quarterback play with a couple of new faces there. But I love Notre Dame. If I had to pick a team, you know, in preseason we always have to make picks, I probably would pick leaned a Notre Dame. I think Ohio State's got an abundance of talent. Obviously, with the way they've recruited Julian saying Jeremih Smith, their offense is going to have so much firepower. But they lost a lot on defense, so you're replacing quite a bit on that side of the ball.
Speaker 10: But I don't know, I'd probably take the field.
Speaker 8: I think it's just gonna be one of those crazy years. There's a lot of unpredictable things are going to happen.
Speaker 6: Who is this year's Fernando Mendoza.
Speaker 8: I think I think Matt Campbell was going to surprise people quickly how quickly he gets things going at Penn State. Beck coming over with him, I mean, again, very much like what we saw with Indiana with when Signetti came over and he brought those guys from JMU. Everybody's like JMU, and he had about I don't know eleven or twelve of them out there contributing. It reminds me very very similar now Iowa States not JMU, but it reminds me of bringing in a I don't know how many it was total, but he brought a bunch of guys in that know the culture at Iowa State.
Speaker 10: It was very successful.
Speaker 8: He was in ames and I just think between what he's about the DNA and how he runs a program and what he's inheriting and what he's bringing over, don't be surprised if Penn State's hits, hits the ground running. So I would say, right now, I would have to say Penn State could be that team.
Speaker 6: Okay, but who is that player for? Nando Mendoza?
Speaker 10: Oh, I think I think he could be a Highway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I do now, and I give you credit, but it's I remember it was kind of an offhanded you know, Hey, Indiana's got this guy from Cal, Fernando Mendoza, And I'm like, what, Yeah, And that was two years ago, and I'm thinking, Okay, they got a guy from Cal. A guy from Cal is going to be the savior for Indiana. And I'm thinking, but but you were on it. You were on it early. And then I was like, I'm going to remember that and I'll be damn Dan.
Speaker 8: Isn't it interesting that, you know, when you talk to these coaches, Obviously they still go out and recruit, they still put effort into high school recruiting, but if you really talk to him, they're looking for not necessarily the high profile guy from Ohio State to transfer. They are looking for guys that have maybe two or three years experience. They're at the MAC or they're at Division could be one, double AFCs, could be Division two.
Speaker 10: I mean, look at Trinidad Chambliss.
Speaker 8: I mean, he was at Farris State and he played for you know, a year or two, and last year he became an incredible story in his own right at Ole Miss and he, by the way, he gets an extra year of eligibility. So he's another name that if you were kind of going in with Lane Kiff and all that story at LSU. By the way, that's week three when they go to Oxford. Trinidad Chambliss is a guy that if you're kind of looking for a for a name that was at a very small school and now could become the face of the entire sport. But it's different, right, I mean, it's it's guys that are at a COW, at a JMU, at a fair state, and instead of looking at high school recruits who could explode on the scene, we're looking at guys that are sometimes at smaller schools that have a ton of experience that these college coaches are really trying to find a couple hidden gems that.
Speaker 10: Maybe gets them over the hump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would be taking players like especially in college basketball, I would be taking transfers. I want, you know, proof of purchase here. I want to sample size here, because we've seen guys in high school and you're going, this guy can't miss, and then they miss. And then there's that guy that you know maybe didn't get the chance. Then you get a chance to get him after one or two more years. But you see what's happening with Congress here. How do you think this all plays out? And how is this going to affect you know, basketball and football? I think we lost Audio there, Herbie.
Speaker 10: There, you go. Nobody, nobody knows anything.
Speaker 8: That's the one thing we can all agree on, especially when you get Congress involved and trying to predict how that's going to go. Is is not very healthy to to try to do.
Speaker 10: I I want to see if that doesn't pass. What the answer is?
Speaker 8: Is this where we're going to get these conferences that that break off and kind of create their own world, their own rules and regulation.
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 8: Could we get anywhere close to collective bargaining agreement where the players become unionized and there's a negotiation when it comes to portal, when it comes to you know, how how much money can be made by these players? Something obviously is going to happen.
Speaker 16: Uh.
Speaker 8: Is it going to get passed with? With the government getting involved. I mean, you know how that goes. That's that's that's impossible to really feel. The already pushed it back to September. You'd like to think, hey, maybe everybody, you'll come together and try to make some sense out of this, But at this point, you know, you kind of expect that things will not get worked out. Leadership in college athletics is very difficult to understand.
Speaker 10: People think, well, is it the n C Douby. Clearly it's not.
Speaker 8: I think the Conference commissioners have the most power, but they also are worried about their own constituents, which is their you know, the their own conferences. So it's tough to move anything, get anything accomplished. And if it doesn't get passed in September, I literally I have no idea what Plan B would be, but I would personally love to see a collective bargaining agreement between the players and some kind of entity with the power brokers in college athletics.
Speaker 2: The SEC is as you know, for the last three years, watch the Big ten cash in and win championships. Yeah, if we go like, at what point is their panic in the SEC?
Speaker 6: This is three in a row?
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 6: If you get to four, Dan, I think we passed it.
Speaker 8: Personally, I don't think you can argue with the results, right, I mean, it's not just three in a row. What people are overlooking for me anyway, is the head to head. I think the Big Ten is six and two against the SEC in the last two years, and when when it was the other way around, that's all you heard about whether Big Ten can't play with the SEC.
Speaker 10: It wasn't just the national titles.
Speaker 8: It was turning on New Year's Day and watching you know, that second tier Bowl game and the SEC blowing out the Big Ten, and you know, that's what we used to talk about. Geez, look look at the difference. I personally that if you if you look for the why, I think in this new era that we're in, I think the Big Ten has proven to do a better job of keeping their players more investment in their team. Meaning, hey, if we're seven to three, or we're eight and four and we're going to the Outback Bowl or the Citrus Bowl or whatever it is. I feel like SEC players are like as soon as they're out of the playoff, I feel like they're like them and their agent, I'm out of here and I feel like the Big Ten is doing a much better job of keeping them invested to the finish line.
Speaker 10: Maybe the SEC will learn from this.
Speaker 8: And I don't know what they can do to tweak it, but I noticed that when South Carolina plays Illinois in a bowl game and you're watching, one team looks really inspired and one team does it. Iowa plays Vandy. I mean, these are good teams during the regular season. You turn it on and one team looks really fired up to be there. It's almost like the Big Ten is tired of hearing about the SEC collectively, and they're out to kick some ass, and the SEC is like, whatever, I'm going to the NFL, I'm transferring. They're just not invested in this new era.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 8: And not to mention the way the funds now are being spread out evenly throughout the entire country.
Speaker 10: So I think I think the the the fans of the SEC.
Speaker 8: Maybe the players don't care, but the fans of the SEC are tired already of hearing about the Big Ten.
Speaker 2: I thought when Urban Meyer went to Ohio State, he was yet they I saw when Florida played Ohio State six Yes, and that was a different speed. On one sideline, than the other. And I thought Urban probably changed the Big Ten, or at least he brought the SEC to the Big Ten.
Speaker 8: And I think he said that, I think he publicly or privately.
Speaker 10: I remember when he first got to.
Speaker 8: Ohio State he talked about he kind of challenged the Big Ten and said that, you know, you've got to push the envelope a little bit when it comes to recruiting. You you got to go out there and find speed. And the days of three yards and cloud of dust are no longer good enough. And I also think I'm just sitting around watching over the course of the last couple of weeks the SEC media days in the Big Ten media days, well you start to look top to bottom at the coaches in the Big Ten. Not to take anything away from the SEC, but you know, the Big Ten is doing this with Michigan State, which is usually a staple, they're kind of not really involved. Fitzi'son now there and he'll he'll probably eventually get them back Wisconsin. I mean, Barry Alvarez Forever Beelam. When he went there, Forever, they were a ten to nine to ten win team.
Speaker 10: They've been gone with Luke Fickle. Imagine if fickle gets them going.
Speaker 8: Imagine if Michigan State, I mean, this is being done without some of the schools that typically get to eight or nine wins that now I think have a chance with the coaching, the depth of coaching that they have in the Big Ten is super impressive to me when you start at the top and work your way all the way down.
Speaker 2: To Curb Street to the Mothership. So explain to me the Hurts Gold Squad and what what your dog Peter is going to be doing this year.
Speaker 8: This gold Squad, And you've probably seen commercials on it. It's it's like this elite team of Golden retrievers that kind of brings smile smiles to travelers.
Speaker 10: All over the country, you know, in airports.
Speaker 8: You know, you just look at at these at these Goldens and their personalities. If I owned the business, I would probably put a Golden right out in the lobby.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 8: They just kind of get people to feel better. And Peter's honored to be able to join this this squad and hopefully get a chance to meet a lot of fans throughout the country, whether it's at games with the elite Squad or you know, possibly at airports whoever it might be, but it's a heck of a group of that he's honored to be a part of, and they'll be traveling around starting in a couple of weeks, throughout the entire country.
Speaker 6: The question was actually for Peter, but I mean you did, Okay, I did.
Speaker 10: Hey, that's the thing. Hey, he's making picks this year.
Speaker 8: Now, it's going to be unique and different, and how how they're gonna how hurts they're going to deliver these picks. But I'm kind of like, you know, can I make a pick? They're like, no, no, no, we don't. We don't need you can Peter make the picks. I'm like, all right, here he is, you know, so we'll see how he does. I'm going head to head against him this year and hopefully wouldn't be surprised if he beat me with my picks.
Speaker 10: That's that's easy.
Speaker 2: Bringing back up so I can say goodbye, Dan. What's you say by coime mere pity?
Speaker 10: Come give me a big come.
Speaker 13: Here?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 6: How much does he weigh?
Speaker 8: He's about ninety five pounds, about seventy in his head.
Speaker 2: That's a big nogging. That's a that's a like a size eight and a half head there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's an eight and a half. Yeah for sure. Good to talk to you, Herbie, Thank you.
Speaker 10: Too, man, you got it a beaty.
Speaker 2: That's Kirk Kurbstreet joining us on behalf of Hertz and his dog Peter once again at Dog Awesome. He came in when we were in San Francisco for the Super Bowl. He walked in as if he knew what he was supposed to do. He waited, he knew he had a chair, fans taking pictures of him. Gorgeous dog, gorgeous. Uh, Nate and la, Hi, Nate, what do you have for me today?
Speaker 19: Hey?
Speaker 16: Then real quick?
Speaker 19: Last week I called in and I ended the call and said I love my wife, my wife. However, after this weekend, I just want.
Speaker 16: To say I love my wife.
Speaker 19: No need to go into that, but I do have a couple of Mike Turrico questions. One has he has he given you advice on the speech? And then two, after it's all said and done, do you think he's going to be the greatest to ever do it in terms of sportscasting?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I think there's too many. But thank you, Nate, gla you love your wife?
Speaker 6: You still do?
Speaker 2: I'd be hard pressed to say somebody was better than Bob Costas. I mean, Bob, Bob did all the things that Mike is doing, but Bob did it before. Mike hosted the Olympics, hosted horse racing, play by play for the NBA, play by play for Major League Baseball.
Speaker 6: He did a variety of things.
Speaker 2: But NBC is positioning Mike the way they did Bob Costace. But I'd be hard pressed to say somebody is better than Bob. Let's see Dennis in California. Hi, Dennis, what do you have for me today?
Speaker 13: Six foot four one seven, same way I did and forty one years ago on my wedding day. I wanted to make a comment about Marvin and that he's a great addition to the show. Love his contributions. Some of the little things he does, like waiting last to serve himself on pizza Wednesdays and meat Fridays is quite inspirational. I understand the two most important things to survive there thick skin and short memory.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, thank you, Dennis, And congratulations on your longevity with your your wedding, your marriage forty years. I didn't know that you always eat last, Morvin.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I kind of have a thing. It's not like to be on you know, be purposeful, and you know, you know, I'm just gonna wait. I just do it right after the show.
Speaker 2: All right, Well you know what coming up Wednesday? Pizza Wednesday, you get the first slice the classic cheese, Yes, classic cheese pizza that Todd hates.
Speaker 3: I'd just rather have three special pizzas, and putting classic on cheese pizza doesn't make it any classicer, well more classic.
Speaker 6: Yes, Morvin, he's so ungrateful. I know, I was raving.
Speaker 4: About the other ones. I just you know, again, it's just the third one gets mailed in.
Speaker 2: For some but it's not mailed in like a classic cheese pizza. It's what if we did four different cheeses on.
Speaker 7: It for four different one quatro from Ashi.
Speaker 6: Yeah from all right, Yes, Dylan and.
Speaker 9: Billy Tips and I are out there covered in flower.
Speaker 10: Todd walks out.
Speaker 3: Cheese again because we had the creole with the shrimp and the sausage and everything, and the pepperoni. You get, you know, get kind of spoiled when you just see the cheese and sauce on the dough.
Speaker 11: Yes, attitude of gratitude. What did I say last week, we could have real jobs.
Speaker 6: I know, Thank god we don't because we're.
Speaker 11: Not qualified to do anything else.
Speaker 9: Really, Yes, if Todd was a plumber and a cheese pizza showed up, you think he'd complain as much.
Speaker 11: No, no, there, but Todd plumbing is hilarious.
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness, me doing anything hilarious. I know.
Speaker 2: We want to do a how to video on Todd and have the big Germans brother Jay.
Speaker 6: Let get injured doing that, though, but but have him.
Speaker 2: Teach you how to do certain things around the house and then we film that basically because the big Germans brother Jay can do anything.
Speaker 6: He can he can tar roof. Yeah, ple he's my guy for out there.
Speaker 16: Yeah he is.
Speaker 7: You give him a paper clip and he'll change the entire structure this year.
Speaker 6: Yes, he could kill ten people with a paper clip. See him do it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure, Now the tenth guy survives the nine diyed that ten twenty he lived generally, All right, let me take a break here. Our best and worst of the weekend right after this. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live. Uh, alrighty Adam Viniterry's gonna join us coming up next hour?
Speaker 6: Is he at the top of the hour? Todd? Correct?
Speaker 2: Okay, are you going to say anything about his speech?
Speaker 3: I will not say a word unless you put me on the spot, which you've known to do, and then I will I will try not to backtrack.
Speaker 4: And say what I need to say. Okay, will be anything mean?
Speaker 2: Let's uh, let's how about best and worst of the weekend.
Speaker 3: I'll let you start ton best of the weekend Saturday night at Citizens Bank Park, Blue Jays pitcher Max Scherzer court Kyle Schwarber, looking in the sixth inning, moved him into tenth place all time for career strikeouts, passing Walter Johnson of the Washington Centers.
Speaker 4: That was a nice milestone for him.
Speaker 3: Worst mentioned earlier, also in Sally Commander's left tackle Larmie Tunsil towards triceps in practice surgery.
Speaker 4: You'll have to miss a significant portion of this NFL.
Speaker 9: Season, Dylan Well, Dan, I had a good weekend, but I have two worse for you. Saints undrafted rookie brock Recksteiner suspended for six games it's an interesting length of suspension for something. They haven't disclosed what it is yet, and it would start at the beginning of the regular season.
Speaker 6: So what is Dad a wrestler?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so who knows. I thought it was performance enhancing drugs.
Speaker 6: I believe it is.
Speaker 9: It hasn't been I think officially disclosed yet.
Speaker 6: Okay, but that's a good inference. Then, Okay, and my worster.
Speaker 9: We're supposed to go to Pittsburgh over the weekend and flight there got canceled on Friday, rebooked another flight that got canceled like thirty minutes later with an airline that I will not name, But that airline chose to say, here's your flight credits for future years, not here's a refund. So now I've been chasing them down and I said, I don't want the flight credit because for this reason, I usually try not to fly with you.
Speaker 11: Marvin Best of the weekend WNBA actual basketball where we're talking about a WNBA Kaylea McBride hitting a WNBA record ten three points for the Minnesota Lynks. But would Olivia Miles, Nafisa Collier. They got a squad who knew we were actually talking about basketball with the.
Speaker 6: WNBA, nobody talks about basketball craziness, right, Olivia Miles MVP?
Speaker 4: No argument for me?
Speaker 6: How about that rookie MVP? Oh what else you got? Worst of the weekend?
Speaker 11: Legendary head coach Don Nelson passing away at the age of eighty six. He had the run TMC teams, He had the We Believe Warriors when he came back with Baron Davis and Stephen Jackson. So passed away to age eighty.
Speaker 6: Six, don Nelson had an unbelievable career.
Speaker 2: I mean, they played college basketball at Iowa, went to the Celtics and won a few championships there as a role player. But run TMC he had a point forward. So Paul Pressey for the Bucks was a point forward, first guy to ever do that.
Speaker 6: The Mavericks.
Speaker 2: He changed Dirk Novitzky's trajectory as far as his career arc and made him one of the great shooting big men in history. Steve Nash he had Steve Nash. He also was. There was Steph Curry his rookie year with the Warriors. He was the winning his regular season coach in NBA history. At the time of his retirement, Nelly was a different dude, but he was a genius. Didn't win a championship as a coach, but he was a genius.
Speaker 7: Paul former forty nine running back Roger Craig making the Hall of Fame. I really didn't think it was going to happen. If you saw him in the eighties, he was special and unique and good TV. The other best of the weekend the Buffalo Bills new stadium. They brought friends and family and fans in and they really enjoyed it. Some people complained about some sight lines and things, but I don't think it's that big of a deal. But an open air stadium, They're not making many of those anymore.
Speaker 19: Uh.
Speaker 2: This hour brought to you by chat gpt, a new agent for larger projects. Chat gpt work give it a goal and helped turn scattered materials into finished work.
Speaker 6: It started at.
Speaker 2: Chatgpt dot com by selecting work mode available on plums and pro plans. Gibbs in Colorado, Hey, Gibbs, Gibbs, Sorry, Gibbs, Ben in Minnesota. Hi, Ben, Good morning.
Speaker 16: Dan, Good morning Ham Size nine and a half. I was just wondering your thoughts on the McCarthy uh Burray competition going on with the Vikings. And my other thought was JJ McCarthy starting to remind me of Christian Ponder coming out of college. Was overrated, wrapped it too high, and Ponder only lasted four years. Is the same thing going to happen to McCarthy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if there's a real competition. You're bringing in Kyler Murray, uh, probably for this season, and then maybe re signed Kyler Murray.
Speaker 6: Yes, Dylan, it's.
Speaker 9: Crazy the fall off that McCarthy had last year. That first four games, everyone was like this the truth, and then a week and a half later and get him.
Speaker 4: Out of here.
Speaker 2: I remember somebody in the business was critical of me because I said, I don't know if he's the starting quarterback. And then he had a couple of really good games, and then he sent me the stat line, I still don't think he's the starting quarterback, and I said, I don't. I didn't see enough of him and I didn't see him play as a starting quarterback in.
Speaker 6: The NFL when he was at Michigan. That's all. I don't know him.
Speaker 2: I just know what I see. I wasn't being personal with this. Why are you critical of the kid? I'm just telling you what I see.
Speaker 6: That's all. I like his haircut. How's that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Todd is in the confessional. I'm sure this will have something to do with Adam Vinitius. Then you had a problem, alrighty two hours in the books on this Monday, more of your phone calls as well. Todd is here, Dylan is here, Marvin Paulie, you'res truly in the BRGS.
Speaker 6: We're back after this