Speaker 1: The Nickki Gliser Podcast. Glaser.
Speaker 2: Here's Nikky.
Speaker 3: Hello, welcome to the show. It's nick Glazer podcast Here. I am, It's Nicky Glazer. I am in Saint Louis with us is Noah, Sean and Brian. What's up core team? Looking good? I'm black, Niky looking good and black? I don't know. The girl's chat is popping off about colors and what skin tone you should have and what colors are right. One more thing to add to the list as being a woman crazy to worry about. Like, I'm like, why am I inviting this into my life? I'm not doing it. I'm I keep fighting. Everyone's like, you know, we have to drape all these fabrics across us to find which yellow is right. And I'm like, how about it's always changes based on your spray tan or if you're wearing makeup. And also, I don't care, so what happens if I wear the right color? I guess people are nicer to me, people like me more. I don't know what it gets you in life. You look prettier. I just saw a TikTok about how none of us are supposed to know what we look like because there were no mirrors invented until you know, I don't even know when mirrors were invented. You see your reflection. You have to look at reflection in water, and we all know what that looks like. It's blurry. You can't see. You would never know what you look like, and therefore you would never be able to compare your looks to anyone else's. So there was no even there was nothing even to compare to. Like, you didn't know what you were, so no one had iPhones.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: But like when you look into a pond, you're like, look into a pond, and you're like, that's I'm hideous.
Speaker 3: I'm rippled as hell. Dude. That's a really good point. Everyone just thought they were disgusting, except.
Speaker 4: For narcissists, who was the ultimate look into the pond guy. He was the first guy to ever looked into the pond.
Speaker 3: But yeah, he was the first one and he couldn't stop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he's real narciss he's still alive. He's on suits LA.
Speaker 3: I just don't understand. Yeah, Like, I just don't want another thing to worry about. I just can't. I can't handle it.
Speaker 4: But it's but yeah, it's I mean, it's between the war and Gaza and Trump and the yellow colors.
Speaker 3: It's like and match your skin tone.
Speaker 4: I just like, how much can we have on our plate right now?
Speaker 3: And like worrying about this Oscar's weekend and like everyone being like best dressed and this is the best and this one looked really bad on her and all these think pieces afterwards about what who really brought it? With fashion? Who fucking cares? Y'all? Like I can't even I know this is like k to be like fashion stump and like it doesn't mean anything because I know it's art and I just but like I just can't even believe we're still talking about Like I was really disappointed in what Timothy Chalome wore. You know, I can't even tell if it's a joke or not. If he's trying to make a statement, it's cool, but if he's just trying to challenge us, not cool. It's like why do we care? Like who cares?
Speaker 5: You should only care when somebody's like really going for it, like you know, like with Byork and the Swan, or like the South Park guy's wearing j Lo's dress, like the fact.
Speaker 3: Yeah you should, we should make jokes about it. Like, I like hearing that he looks like a stick of butter, or that he looks like a highlighter pen, or he looks like he's wearing the suit from Taylor Swift's music video.
Speaker 1: I like.
Speaker 3: He said you're definitely not gonna get hit on a bike on the way home. Yeah, that's great, but like, don't talk to me. I don't want to. I don't want to hear fashion people talking about like the choice he made and if it was right or not. And it's like that is not taking fashion seriously. It's not really interesting to me. But you know what I'm I'm in one of those moods today where I think I am I'm just like I didn't I didn't sleep for twenty seven hours between that's landing in La on Sunday.
Speaker 4: You had your arm caught between two rocks and Utah.
Speaker 3: That's what it feels like doing Kelly and Mark. No. I'd love to get my arm between those two, but no. I Yeah, I went to I landed from Vancouver. We landed like eleven in the morning, Sean, so I slept a little bit on the plane, and then that night, after two shows in Vancouver, I think I had two and a half hours of sleep, slept another three hours on the plane, so coming off of five hours of sleep, and then and then went into Oscars getting hair and makeup and then doing a fitting because I had to do Kelly and Mark the next day fitting for that, and then jumping right into my Oscar's local, headed to the dinner, going to the three parties afterwards, and then and then going into hair and makeup at three or going to bed watching White Lotus because I was still like up when we got home from the parties, and then we got home at probably midnight, watched White Lotus in bed by one, yeah, and then I had to beat up at three to get hair and makeup for Kelly and Mark. And then after Kelly and Mark, I didn't have time to like I had like three hours between that ending and getting picked up for the airport, and I was just like, well, I don't really have time to take a nap, but like so then I just went to the airport and then I had a fucking connecting flight. All I wanted. I was like so excited to get on a direct flight. And I'm not joking you. When I saw that it was a connecting flight, I started crying like I couldn't handle it. I was, and one of the seats was an aisle, which I can't sleep in, so I was just like, oh my god, but at least I was it was a I had a lay over in Dallas where they have an American lounge, and so I just got to like sit and I just I love. I love days traveling home when I'm alone. It's the best day of my life. I love traveling alone. I love not having to talk to anyone. I love looking like disgusting, dressing disgusting, having kind of people like not really talk to you, like. I love that the airport is like no one talks to each other. Yeah, like you bar yeah, which I would never be, you.
Speaker 5: Know, no, but you could also, like I, anytime someone tries to talk to you, you can just be cold, like and no one could get mad at you because like everyone's like, oh yes, people have are dealing with their own shit at the airport like.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and I'm unrecognizable, I feel so I just can get away with But no one even tries to talk to me. I mean maybe they do when I'm noise canceling headphones, so I don't hear them, but I just, oh, I love it. I love a day of like autonomy, like no one can get you, no one's with you, to like it's I love people being with me, and I do not always love being alone, but it feels like when you're at an airport, you're not alone alone. I hate being at my apartment alone. Fuck that. I literally landed and went right to my parents' house and spend the night there. I spent the night of my parents last week too, Like I don't want to be at my place alone at all. Chris is out of town right now.
Speaker 4: So yeah, there's a key factor to the air to the airport thing, which is also that you're not doing this yourself, Like if you chose to have like a retreat where no one could access you and you went to like.
Speaker 3: You know, oh yeah, it's being fair.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So when you're on there's no one to pressure you to do anything because you're forced to do this for work. So sorry, I'm at the air.
Speaker 3: There there's no sight seeing, there's no like I don't have to do anything while I'm at the airport. There's no exhibits to go look at or like activities to engage in. Like it is just you get to sit and go to Starbucks and walk to your gate. And I was gonna love nothing.
Speaker 6: I was gonna ask if you spoil yourself at the airport, because whenever I travel, I'm always like, well, I can get any snack or any drink I want, no matter the cost, because I'm traveling cost.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't think about cost at all, and I generally and I you know, even when I couldn't afford, you know, an eight dollars protein bar, I still was like, well, there's nothing else to do. There's no they have a monopoly, so everything what am I not gonna eat it? So yeah, I do treat myself, but not in terms of like I'm gonna be bad and have bad stuff because I'm sedentary all day, so I also feel bad about that.
Speaker 4: And also, you fly so much that if you got involved with some bad stuff, it would be every day you'd be ever.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's two days a week I am eating. Yeah, like shit, true, true, but I do.
Speaker 5: I always I like being alone in an airport as well, because I like there's a hustle and bustle happening. It's why I enjoyed living in New York if I never felt alone. But I hate being in LA because it gets quiet and there's alone alone.
Speaker 3: I love a hustle and a bustle around me because I can almost feed off of it and feel as if I am working on that Excel spreadsheet next to me or I am. Yeah, like there's there's company. But it's not that you have to be active with, Like it's it's a mall vibe that you never get anymore because we don't go to malls.
Speaker 4: No, it's a mall mixed with a coffee.
Speaker 3: You don't talk to anyone. You literally no one makes eye contact, No one is mingling at the airport. It's awesome.
Speaker 5: No, No, that's what I kind of love about like New York when yeah New York and the airport is if someone murders you, there will be people to stop it.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's a really good point. Yeah. I think that's that's why I like it. I think it's like New York. I really it's the same vibe of like, you know, it's like why I go to Starbucks to get work done because I just need people around. I need to feel like it's it's yeah that if there's a murder someone's there to witness it. That's really it, because they're not going to do anything, as we know from bystander effect.
Speaker 1: But but La.
Speaker 4: You know, if you're if you're walking around late at night in La, it's very frequent that there will be just one guy who looks kind of creepy or whatever. Yeah, and it's just him, And it's just you and him, And it really is A he only has one choice of victim. It's you and b there's no one to save you.
Speaker 5: God, every time I go outside at night and I'm like on an edible, I am freaking out. I am like someone is gonna murder me. I just that's just how I'm living my life. Yeah, Am I getting anything out of this weed?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not.
Speaker 5: No, I'm just viewing myself as a future victim, even though no one who looks like me ever gets murdered.
Speaker 3: Oh it's not even people, it's cars too, because I live in a part of the city where there's like, you know, just there are so many cars where you can see the engine exposed, like just the front is missing of the car. It literally is like a zombie kind of apocalypse for cars in my neighborhood. Where they will be missing the entire front where you see all of the metal, like all of the engine work beneath, or the whole bump and the rear bumper is completely stripped off and you can see like the axle. So there's a lot of like zombie cars driving around and going like like you can hear them, like there's some kind of like noise coming up, and then they're stopped to stop light and I'm walking my dog and I'm like they I'm gonna be about to get murdered, and I kind of run through it and I go like where do I hope they shoot me? And then I picture my dog, like what's she gonna do? Like I hope that I fall onto the leash and so she can't run away, Like I hope that if I die, I collapse upon the leash and then it like creates like a paperweight for the leash, and then she's just kind of next to me because I think she would just run and then get hit by a car. So I worry about that stuff a lot, and sometimes I wish they would because I just don't want to do the twe I have to do later that day. And I'm like that'd be kind of cool to get to in the hospitals nearby, like just be a here, like survive it, be a hero. Definitely don't want that to happen, but there is a there's a part of my sick brain that kind of goes through like, oh, it would be like a forced vacation.
Speaker 5: I like, I hate this because it's something that I feel like my mom would say. But I'm like the idea of like somebody attempting to murder you and like you survive and like just getting out of everything. But everyone is also like tell you how they feel and it's all positive.
Speaker 1: I want that. I want to be munch housend.
Speaker 3: I was kind of jealous of the people in the plane crush that flipped over who weren't harmed, because you are getting out of stuff for weeks of like is really traumatic. Oh yeah yeah, they got.
Speaker 4: Thirty were almost dying.
Speaker 3: No, that's thirty thousand miles. They got.
Speaker 4: Point point, which is miles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, you're so Like I was thinking about that flight and like I was kind of like, man, I wish our flight would kind of like flip over. I probably wouldn't I get out of work for at least a week. Like, no one could be likecky, we really need you to reply to this email about approving these pictures that might go up for this new date we're announcing. Like, no one would be like, we need that, we need you to follow up on that. If I'd be like, well, sorry, my plane flipped over, you know, like that would be pretty good. So I just want something like that to happen. But I don't really survive that. I know, that's traumatic.
Speaker 4: In January, people's houses burned down, and they got at least that out of it.
Speaker 3: I was on calls with them weeks late, like a week later, I was like on you know, calls with agents whose house is burned down, and it was so I felt so bad for them to have to care about the mundane, you know, aspects of my career and being like, well, there's a script that came in and I'm like, your house is gone, and they they shouldn't have said that, but no, they they were really they were actually really nice. They were because I said, I'm so sorry you even have to like read like a script that I might you know, like, and they go, no, this is a good distraction and that's a nice thing to say. But I was just like, man, if your house burned down, I would I would try to get out of work for a lot longer. Yeah, but people are passionate about work and they do love work and they throw themselves into it. And as someone who's like that as well, I get it.
Speaker 4: But one of my friend's house burned down. He he lives in the East Side, and he bought a house in Alta Dina, and he closed the house the week before the fires, and then it burned down the week after it closed on it. So it was good and bad because he didn't have any of his stuff in the house, so he just loved yeah. Yeah, but also he was just if it was one week earlier, he wouldn't have closed on it and it wouldn't have been his.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: When I got that apartment right before COVID that I never lived Oh yeah, yeah, I discussed eight thousand dollars a month for twelve months that I never lived in it. But not the same at all. But also like, does what's going on with insurance with those houses? Like I haven't heard any follow up. I've heard that it was going to be impossible and will tank the economy for those payouts to happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's something like a billion dollars in damage. It's going to tank the insurance industry in the region for sure. But right now the big thing is there's going to be civil lawsuits. There's already several different law groups that have jumped on the opportunity, have already done the research to fund culpability on our airing ads to say, is your house burned down and the Altaedna fire, Well we have already discovered culpability and we can get money for you or whatever. So that's that's all gonna happen. And there's gonna be lawsuits. I guarantee you something like the electric company is going to get sued or something like that. For like a spark that started the fire on a line.
Speaker 5: That's the all Tadna on and then the Palisades as somebody was setting off fireworks on New Year's and like the ember was and that guy must be so humiliated right now.
Speaker 4: No, because anyone who would do that is incapable of feeling humility totally.
Speaker 3: And you know he was doing it five days later or six days later. You know, like that spark didn't happen on New year's so I the fire.
Speaker 4: Work culture in la is repulsive and it should be outlawed. I do not believe how many freaks launch fireworks on these holidays. They just ruined and they ruined nature. They set our town on fire, they scare dogs. It's it's a repulsive habit that needs to end. And I don't I don't you preach.
Speaker 5: I got yelled at once on Twitter after like I think the Lakers won the like NBA Championship, and I was complaining about the fireworks, and somebody was saying that this is why you're a gentri You're this is why we look at you as a gentrifier, and like it's like this is part of our culture, and it's like, what are you talking about? Like my dog is just shaking and it's annoying because we have a baby who's trying to sleep and you're setting off fireworks because you guys.
Speaker 3: Wan know your dog is shaking because it's really disturbed by your racism.
Speaker 4: Racism? Is fireworks a racist?
Speaker 3: I think it's popular in certain maybe certain communities.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, well it's got to end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, white people love what fireworks too, though, I'm sorry, Oh they do. White people aren't celebrating things though, because it's like they're always winning, so they don't they don't need to like be loud about it when when it happened specifically. That's just a theory. And I don't think they always be winning because please don't mis mince my words. Mince my word, Christopher, mince please my words.
Speaker 5: People were setting off fireworks when a Noro won on Sunday.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Yeah, let's talk about the Oscars when we get back right after this. Okay, So it was the Oscars on Sunday. It was a I watched it from I went to the I got invited to the Vanity Fair watch party, which is like it was so many famous people, probably like one hundred and fifty people all at like twelve tables and in this room where it's that's where the Vanity Fair party is after the show. That's where all the Oscar winners or you know, people that were at the Oscar show go to after the Oscars. But we were already there, so we get in, we walk the red carpet when we go to this dinner and it's on the big screen and it was really fun. I was at a table with Seth Rogan and his wife, and then Olivia Wilde, who I had never met before, but it's just so pretty. It's like wild it's like hard to look at her. Almost it's not hard to look at her, but it's like you want to look at her, but you feel like you might you might get caught gawking and like, and also she's so pretty. She's just heard she's pretty like you. She's so remarkably gorgeous, Like you don't even want to say she looks good tonight, because it's like it's I don't even know if there's anything I've heard in my life as much as she's probably heard you're so beautiful. It's probably like people have told me calmed down, or what's wrong with you? Or her, here's your here's your VENTI latte. Like I don't even know what I could hear that much in my life that she has heard that. So but she looked stunning and she was so nice and so chill. Chris and I were just like so enamored by how lovely and at e like and funny and cool she was and just really really loved her, loved her vibe, and I was I was, I was nervous to meet her because she just has been someone I wanted to be like. I did say like i've been I've been watching you from Afar for so long, like I love you, and she was like, she was really nice to meet. And then who else is at our table? An actress named Megeline and I'm forgetting her last name. It is very long and has a lot of consonants in it, so I didn't memorize it. But she was so nice.
Speaker 5: She was.
Speaker 3: I don't maybe like ethnically, but she's American.
Speaker 1: She's like a l.
Speaker 3: Megaline. She's actually a very tiny person. But she was so nice and so cool, like such, thank you.
Speaker 4: I don't know how to pronounce.
Speaker 3: It either, yes, exactly, but she was. She sat right next to me. She was amazing. Then I there was a guy named Lee Lee Eisner. I believe maybe his last name or his first name isn't Lee, but it was definitely Eisner. He's not related to Michael, is it Michael Eisner?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And he this guy Lee, I think his name was Lee. He he had seen me. He was like, he didn't know who I was. I introduced myself at the table. He was very nice, older man probably seventy, and he was like, oh, I know you. I saw you at Largo on Judd Appatage Appatau show, and that was like a upset. I really thought I did not do well on and I remember being like, oh god, that was uncomfortable. But I'm just not gonna even like, I'm not gonna let it in. It's fine. Judd doesn't care, No one cares. It's fine. I just didn't have the best set. But he was like, I've been talking about your set ever since, just so many and I was like, okay, my perception is off then, or at least he got it, and I even addressed I think during it during the set. I know that I knew I did bad because I have this part of I have this joke where I talk about having suicidal thoughts and I'm like, my life is great. I do this. I do like I talk about like what's going on in my life, and I'm like, I still want to kill myself. And in that list, I go, you know, I'm successful in something I love, all my friends and family are happy and healthy. I go, I usually do really well at the Largo and.
Speaker 1: He laughed really hard.
Speaker 3: They laughed really hard. At that so I knew I knew that they like were like, does she know she's not doing well?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 3: But anyway, he was really nice. But he worked with David Geffen. He was a lawyer for like David Geffen or for maybe Warner Brothers. I forget, like Warner Music. He discovered Prince Prince sent in his tape, which was a real to real tape that he brought home and listened to because he was obsessive about not missing out on like all the like maybe if the one tabe he didn't listen to was going to be the biggest musician in the world was going to be Prince And so he took this home and listened to it. And he also he was dating Woody Guthrie's daughter and was staying at Woody Guthrie's house when Bob Dylan showed up on his doorstep in the sixties looking for Woody Guthrie, a kid from Minnesota, like in a complete unknown and I'm sitting at the table with this guy.
Speaker 4: So'sthing.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's probably seventy, but he's a good looking guy. Is his name, Lee Eisner? Did you find that name anyone when you look it up?
Speaker 4: And he's the son of a famous I.
Speaker 3: Just type an Eisner Geffen. No, he's not. He might be a son of some famous, but he's I don't think it's related to the Eric Eric Eric Okay, yes, And he was so nice and had so many great stories and we just had a great time. And then we're watching the Oscars and and who else was It was Lauren and then yeah, I think that's it. That was the whole table and Chris and then we watched the Oscars and we're just like laughing and commenting on it, like you know, it's like I'm with like Seth Rogan is saying the funniest shit ever, you know, under his breath kind of things, and we're all like cracking up and we're just like having It was really fun. It was It's really fun to watch the Oscars with a bunch of famous people who are like and kind of like trying to read the room of like when you should be excited or like oh that. Oh. And Alex Edelman was there as well, at our table, and he was at every table, but he was at our table too, and that was fun. But then the whole I mean, it was like it was a star studded room. Mick Jagger was. He was at our party and then he went to the Oscars and all of a sudden he was presenting, and we were all like, wasn't he just here. It's like a cross town by the way, it's like thirty minutes away at least. And then he comes back to the party sitting at a table right next to me.
Speaker 5: It's crazy, that's wild, but it does make sense because when he appeared on the Oscars, he was in constant movement, so he obviously like sped walk across town.
Speaker 3: He looked great. He was cool, but there was it was cool. And then we and before the show there was like a like a lounge kind of area before before the dinner a lounge area, and then they were like, it's time to go in for dinner. So we were all like after the Red Carpet, we're just kind of all hanging out watching like the show. There's a big screen and Kevin Bacon and his wife Kira Sedgwick like came and were like sat next to me and We're like, we want to sit with you. We you killed it on the globe. They were so so nice. Yeah, I'm yeah, I'm right. There, Kevin Bacon introduced himself to Chris as keV and we loved that, and they're gonna come see me at the MYU New York show at the Beacon and I so we met at this initial party and then like three parties later, we were leaving the party to go home and we saw Kevin and Kevin coming back into the party and I go by Kevin and he was like, Okay, see you at the Beacon. He goes, well, you won't see me, but we'll be there. And I just like, I like that acknowledge. And he's like, well, we're gonna be the audience, so you won't see us. But I was like, well, please come backstage. But they were so freaking nice, so down to earth. They were telling us about how they met and and they've been together for you know, like forty years or something like that. Like they were they were She was so nice. Patricia Clarkson is a giant fan of mine. I didn't whoa obviously know who she is, but she came up to me. It was so I'm sorry, this is like a brag sessh.
Speaker 1: But I was just.
Speaker 3: Talking to we want to know because Anya sent me a video today of Patricia Clarkson talking about Harvey Weinstein. And I hadn't even told Ony that Patricia Clarkson is this woman that came up to me during the party un settled these nice things. So I got this miss so I was just talking about her, That's why it came to mind. But she came up to me and was like, you need to unders. She was like, I'm Patricia Clarkson. She was like, and I'm no, I'm no Meryl Street. But I'm right behind her. And she was like, I am possessed with you. I talk about you everyone I know, all of my girlfriends know about you. You should be running this goddamn town. Like she was so so great, so emphatic, Like I don't think I've ever met anyone that is that big of a fan of me. I really don't. I was like, you just made my night. She was so cool, she was I just loved her. And then Bill Maher was there. It was nice to see him.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: And then I went up to the guy from the White Lotus, Patrick Schwarzenegger, who probably is that Saxon.
Speaker 6: That's a from last time when you were kind of like I'm not going to go up to people. Now you're going on.
Speaker 3: Christ told me I had to. So we were about to leave the Vanity Fair party to go to the Chapel Roane performance at the Elton John Party because she was going on at nine forty five and it was like nine thirty and I'm like, we gotta go, and he's like, I want to challenge you. You need to go up to one, like go up to one person and say you love them. And I was like, I just don't know that. Jeremy Strong was right there. I was gonna go up to him, but he doesn't seem like someone who was even like, I just feel like that would be an awkward interaction for him. I just don't think people care. I don't, especially people that are that famous and like it's like the Olymy Wild pretty thing. Jeremy Strong knows he's the best actor. I don't need he doesn't care if.
Speaker 4: I mean, I have a feeling it depends. I think I feel Jeremy Strong would lap that up. I think he would like, especially after he lost. I mean, I think someone coming up to him saying like you're my favorite actor. You're such an amazing actor.
Speaker 3: That's what I was going to say.
Speaker 1: That's like I think it's why he does it to be honest, like.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, it's like Anya like he doesn't do it for the attention. He does it to like get a message.
Speaker 4: Why did he wear the doctor Sussu fit at the Globes?
Speaker 5: Then he wants he wants it so much like in every single one of those like huge biographical articles that people always do on Jeremy Strong, that's what he did like growing up, is like he like approached al Pacino and was like, you're my hero and then like.
Speaker 1: He's like.
Speaker 3: Unto others.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so I think he wants that a little bit.
Speaker 4: Well, he didn't know that. Sean noted that when Kieran Colkin complimented Jeremy Strong after winning and he lost, Jeremy did not respond with a smile.
Speaker 3: Essentially, Yeah, uh, I'm sort of say on that that I can't but yeah, I maybe wouldn't have either. I might have been complimenting that performance of his as well if I went up to him. I like someone who's not going to give someone what they want just because you know, Like that's also the Jeremy Strong I fear is like the one that's just wrong est with his reaction like he's not gonna pretend to be flattered if he's not, and so like I don't want him to like him too much. Yeah, and I and I also like, it's that's what this part, Like he's getting at a thousand times that night he was a nominee, like what's one more girl? Being like, by the way, my favorite, and like I don't even think he probably knows who I am. It just doesn't even I just don't. I'm not saying I'm not trying to devalue myself by being like it doesn't matter what I think, but it really doesn't even if I was super duper famous. I just don't think. I just don't think one more person, even though I do enjoy that. I don't know why I think that other people wouldn't. I don't know what it is, but I will say that I did see Patrick Scharsenegger as we were walking out, and I go, okay, this is my one, because he was just entering, so I could tell, like any I don't think he was at the Oscar, So I'm like, oh, he just got to this party. He hasn't been inundated with people telling him how great he is, yet he kind of just broke on the scene with White Lotus. He hasn't been around forever, hearing how great he is for over and over, here's my chance. He's young too, so he probably knows who I am a little bit more than a Jeremy Strong would. And I was like, I love you, and my enthusiasm for White Lotus right now is like I haven't. I didn't see Jeremy Strong's performance in The Apprentice. If I had, I think I would have felt justified in going up to him to like talk about the thing he's nominated for. But me being like Kendall Roy, you know, like it just is like kind of and that's really all I remember him from and from you know, uh, the what's the one? The Money movie with not Matt Damon but short many performances I know, and I feel like that's not enough. Ten favorite things I had, my favorite videos.
Speaker 5: I love every article about Jeremy Strong. I almost had a Google alert for Jeremy Strong. He's so interesting, he really is. And yes, I don't feel like the weird thing is I was like, I really feel like I could be friends with Kieran Colkin. I feel like there's a similar vibe. We're very annoying. Everyone dislikes us.
Speaker 3: We love everyone loves Kieran. He is you know you totally, you are very here in. But Kieran also like I just keep sending you the Sean Jesse Eisenberg interviews about Kieren because I can't tell if he hates him or not. Oh my god, it's so fascinating to hear Jesse talk about casting Kieran after like not ever even meeting him. And then Jesse said that he's worked so hard for months and months with everyone on set, the crew, the cast, like trying to get to know them, trying to like endear himself to these people he's going to be directing, and like, you know, he wrote the piece that he's going to be acting with. And then Kieran showed up one day on set and his better friends with every single person on this on the set and like than he ever did with all the months of work he put in. And some people are just like that, They're just like, that's.
Speaker 4: Kind of what the movie's about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is a good point.
Speaker 1: It's so it's so interesting.
Speaker 5: I love every single one of these interviews because it does feel like he broke Jesse Eisenberg.
Speaker 3: I love Jesse Eisenberg. He is so funny and I really like the way he talks. I think he's so intelligent and he really uses great words, but he doesn't seem pretentious about it. Like I'm I've become such a I was already a fan of his acting, but I think I'm such a fan from watching him in interviews. I really ever since, Like I just don't like the whole like acceptance speech where he's Kieran, where he keeps telling his wife to have babies or if I'm gonna win this, then we're gonna have more babies, and it's like black. I know she's down for it. I know, like it's between them, it's not weird, but like, I just don't like this whole thing of like women men work and earn and women just make more of the man. I just don't like. I just and I know that's not where it's coming from. I think I would I love Kiaran. I'm I don't mean to do all these caveats to me. It just is like I just hate looking at a wife being like, yes, oh, I'm so proud of You'll keep having your babies and putting my body through this and like like it's so easy or something, or it's like or it's like a gift to her, like if I win, you get to do have another baby for me. It's like, why is that equal payoff?
Speaker 1: Liked it?
Speaker 5: I think that is like it is insane to share that at the Oscars, especially when that was like a plot like a subplot on thirty Rock. That's why Tracy was trying to egot was because his daughter, And it's like it's so silly to even do that and to bring that up in a real scenario.
Speaker 1: I was just like, I don't.
Speaker 3: I just see his acceptance speech this time, was it. Did he mentioned it right? Because I know he did it at the last year or something at the Globes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it was it was all she was like, well, we could have another kid if you win the Oscar and then he brought it up again and it was just I just feel like that's a private thing.
Speaker 1: I know it's being silly and being so Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think that they don't deserve my judgment for that, but I think for me because I'm just like so like over like you have to women just have kids and that's all you do. And also I'm I think it just hit me the wrong way.
Speaker 4: But but he's an open book and that's why people.
Speaker 3: He didn't start singing at the end of his acceptance speech. That was we got.
Speaker 6: Back to you guys watching because I want to know, like, what was your reaction when you saw Adam Sandler.
Speaker 3: Oh, so that was on the red carpet. So we got there a little bit late. And so when I got there, Chris and I arrive, I'm doing interviews with you know, et and extra and all. Yeah, the alien. It was really one sided conversation. He didn't have a lot saying and uh so and I did that. I was doing all these like interviews and then the monologue started, and that was like the most important thing for us to see. We love Conan. Chris is producing the Mark Twain Prize for Conan O'Brien, Like, we wanted to see Conan's monologue and it's starting, and so in between interviews, Chris is like, it's Conan starting, and I'm like, I got I'm sorry, I gotta do like more. I'm sorry because you go down the line and these people go like Nikki please like and they're longing faces, and I kind of know some of these people at this point, and I felt bad, so I was like, and he goes, I'm just gonna pull it up on my phone. So Chris is watching the live stream of the the thing behind like while we're on the red carpet, kind of like in the the wings of the carpet. And then I finished this interview and now it's time to go with the part of the carpet where you get your picture taken. But there's kind of like a gap between the two areas of the interviews and then the picture, and Chris is like, before we go do the picture, why don't we just like finish watching Conan's monolog because it had just kind of started a minute before, so then we are just looking at his phone. I wish thee would have been a recording us so badly when it got to the part with Adam Sandler because we were kind of like, hum, this is like kind of a similar like they're talking to Adam Sandler. We were both kind of like, what's is this are I almost felt bad, like, wait, did we do something that they had planned to do? Like was it us?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was just starting to feel like, oh no, like what's this gonna be. And then when I just had a feeling when he started running up right before he said goodbye, I was like, is this about to happen? Like that would be so insane. And then when he just grabbed him and said shadow may, Chris and I just jaws on the floor, like both like just frozen, like Edward Munch scream painting, like both of us look each other like open. And then a guy from like the crew at one of the ET shows or whatever was like, Yeah, that just happened, Nikki, that just happened. And we were like, oh my god. And then we started Chris's phone just started, you know, like all the text messages started coming up, but I was getting bring it was crazy, and we were just we were happier than I mean, we just got a house and we were literally like a day before, we were happier about this by far than buying ouse. Yeah, we bought a house.
Speaker 1: In the middle of this story, I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Talk about it because I'm kind of stressed out by the whole thing. Not because I don't want the house, not because I don't like the house.
Speaker 2: Oh it's very stressful society.
Speaker 3: Don't people keep going like what are you going to do with this room? And what are you gonna do with this? How would you do this room? And like where where are you gonna put this thing? And I'm just like, I don't. My sister we just were at the house and my sister goes, so, would you maybe like paint this? And I was like, Lauren, I don't care, and she goes, so I forgot, and I was like, I don't. And I'm not trying to be like I don't care because I'm cool and like paint colors don't matter to me. I literally don't even understand how you could care. I just it's already painted a good color, Like unless it was like a neon green brat, then I would just keep it. But if it was, like unless it was some gaudy color, I would It would never occur to me to change a room from tope to an olive green, like that would never cross my goddamn mind. And I am so embarrassed it doesn't like because it's so important to other people, and everyone else seems more invested in my house than I am. And I'm starting to feel really insecure about it, so I like, I don't really want to talk about it because I just don't. My Dad's like, so, you're gonna have to furnish this big house, gonna have to furnish it, and I go, Dad, I'm not talking about it. He's like, why you won't talk about him? Like, because I don't. I don't care, Like I don't know what furniture to put in. I'm burdened by if I get new stuff or if I get new stuff, and if I get new stuff, then I have to like take it with me the rest of my life and then I have to take good care of it. And I don't know. I don't know what kind to get, and then you have to make it match different things because there's color matching now that I'm aware of, and ask mat undertones.
Speaker 2: I just don't.
Speaker 3: I just can't. I can't be bothered with it. I am so I'm like, I'm I just wrote Chris Day. I'm like, I don't think I meant to own a house, Like I can't handle this because I don't like the conversations around it. And I'm well, what.
Speaker 4: If you didn't have any conversations around it? And it was just like Chris's purview to take care of the house.
Speaker 3: Because then there would be pictures of like hunting dogs up, like paintings of like all paintings from his failing whige. I do want in our house, but like he has a different esthetic years he has a different aesthetic than me, and I do like his asthetic. I'll he can. I like it mixed, but like there are some like it's the well, it's the classic thing of like I get mad after the fact when I've not put in any any I've let someone just do the work, and then I go, I hate this and they go, well, we asked you if you wanted to contribute it. It's just me doing more of that. So I know that I will have to contribute to And he said he's going to make it very easy for me, that everything will happen on the weekends. I won't have to deal with like I don't want to have to deal with plumbers. I don't want to deal with electricians, and like I will forget to offer them water. I will feel so rude and retrospect. I yeah, I just it's it's a lot of work.
Speaker 4: That's a lot of work, but in the end, you know, it's you. You're you have control over the situation, which is nice. Like, there's at no point is a landlord going to tell you I've got to come into your apartment at five am on this Saturday to fix.
Speaker 3: No one's ever done that to me. No one's ever done that to me in this apartment. It's it's never happened to me in the history of my life at apartments where a landlord has come in and like made my life out. It's like, it's I like renting, and I know, I don't know what's wrong with me. I just wish I was a different girl sometimes than I cared about cabinets and like, and our kitchen is so big. Yeah, it's it's so offensive. I should run, Like I should truly like give the space to like a company to come in and make food for homeless people or something like. I feel like it is a literally ways.
Speaker 4: Are there of you guys into cooking? I know you don't really cook right.
Speaker 3: Chris could be, but like I just don't. He's like, I'll cook for us, I'll use that kitchen. I'm like, but then you're gonna be cooking all day and then you won't want to hang out. Then we can't watch TV as easily because the kitchen doesn't have like a TV. I like when the kitchen and the TV room are like combined.
Speaker 1: Sure you.
Speaker 3: Got a counter, yes, so he if he was cooking while I'm watching TV, then that makes like then we can like talk and like. But we'll figure it out. It's gonna be great. I am underslept and overly critical right now, Like nothing seems good right now because sleep is so fucking important.
Speaker 4: It's the number one thing.
Speaker 3: My body was aching so bad yesterday. I was losing everything. I would put the things in the weirdest places. I forgot my I for I would for it was. I was literally wasted yesterday. It was like someone was walking around wasted all day long because I was so tired.
Speaker 4: People say that love is the number one thing and they make the heart, and that's not true. It's sleep. Sleep is the number one thing.
Speaker 3: We should be doing.
Speaker 4: Literally, yeah, we should be doing that. You can't love if you're tired.
Speaker 1: No, you can't.
Speaker 5: I mean, like, when you're tired, it is just you're the worst person, the worst version of yourself across.
Speaker 3: Hungry and tired are the two things. Yeah, and stupid, and I'm I was so dumb, But people are. But people love not to sleep though I feel like most people in my life don't sleep like everyone. I think I get more sleep than almost everyone I know.
Speaker 4: Will you to just get the amount of sleep that you are used to getting and then you'll be functioning the way you are?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Can we go back to uh to Jesse Eisenberg real quick because I just want to shout So Jesse Eisenberg. Do you know where he lives?
Speaker 3: He lives in He used to live in Bloomington, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he doesn't anymore. Well, he he moved to Bloomington, Indiana because his wife's from there, and he lived there during COVID and then during a real pain he's repping an Indiana University. Had almost the entire movie. It's like the most it's the most uh uh whatever what's it called. It's the most representation I useed ever gotten except.
Speaker 3: For the movie.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say that about the movie breaking Away. Yeah, maybe breaking Away.
Speaker 5: Since breaking Away and listen, all the Jared Vogel articles mentioned Bloomington.
Speaker 3: That's that's where he got his start.
Speaker 4: Is coming.
Speaker 5: Jesse Eisenberg's from East Brunswick, New Jersey, which is like a way from me. His sister's Pepsi iberg from the Pepsi commercials Uh, do you remember you remember the little girl, the Pepsi girl with.
Speaker 2: The curly hair.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's Jesse Eisenberg's little sister.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, dimply little, adorable, curly haired girl with Jesse Eisenberg eyes. Is Herberg is so funny? Wow, that's a really good little trivia. I had no idea, and I'm guessing she still doesn't act.
Speaker 1: She doesn't.
Speaker 3: Why would we not know who she is?
Speaker 1: She's just proud of her brother.
Speaker 3: That is so cute. Okay, that's really good to know.
Speaker 4: Do we have Jamie Eisenberg who is a CBS sports fantasy analyst for football?
Speaker 3: No way? Really?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: It just keeps going. The Iisenberg family runs deep.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, let's go to break and unpack more of this when we get back. Just kid, can we talk.
Speaker 2: About your high school?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I was inducted into the Yeah, the Kirkwood High School Hall of Fame on Saturday, I think, yeah, Saturday. My parents went and they accepted my award on behalf of MOI and because I was in Vancouver with Sean and we were landing in Vancouver and there was a coyote on the runway. By the way that really happened. We were about to touch down. I was sitting next to Sean ight truly truly from feet from touching down, like.
Speaker 5: We were this close to the ground, and then we just went back up and.
Speaker 3: We went back up, and like that makes me nervous, not because we went back up, Like it makes me nervous because a plane going back up means things aren't they that's not the plan. And so whenever we have a plane doing something that's not the plan, you just hope everyone's communicating in the right way that there's not going to be any like collision, you know, like if your plane goes by plan, like our plane landed on time, Like I'm not worried about a collision, Like things are on time. But when things are just starting to that's when I was like, oh no, Like now we were talking. We were talking about like how after the DC crash, a new fear has been unlocked and in flying a plane when you're on a plane, like I don't care all about crashes anymore. Of like a malfunction and then like the plane just going. I am literally only scared of collisions now that's all there is. Didn't even know I was supposed to be scared of that. That's and I'm not even I'm always scared on the runway now, like the runway isn't safe even when you're on the tarmac, like on the ground not safe. Like it's just and then but that us picking back up, and then they told us five minutes later there was a coyote on the runway and I go a coyote and it was he's a coyote, like he was an old ranch hand. Like Sean was like, like John Wayne, is our.
Speaker 1: Yot?
Speaker 4: Want I want all my pilots to say kyote. If my pilot says coyote, I'm like, you don't know how to fly this thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is a pilot way to talk. But Sean Sean made the hilarious observation that they were doing the trolley experiment like on our plane, like you know what the trolley thing is, like if you pull the lever and you kill three people instead of four or whatever, and so does it count that you Like he did that with like either you kill a coyote or a plane of people, and he like chose to sacrifice a plane of people for a coyote, even though I would argue that if we hit the coyote that would be bad for us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he.
Speaker 2: Was an animal lover.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I don't stand by that. You know, there is a there is a bar and the I would sacrifice coyote for a plane of people.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's not a dog, it's not a cat. It's not like a baby squirrel's.
Speaker 3: I think it's a combo of a dog and a cat and a baby squirrel. They're crazy. I felt bad for that coyote like that instantly was my thought of, like, this poor thing that's just like looking around at this barren tarmac trying to find any fucking food. Probably just gonna get shot eventually. So sad. But yeah, So anyway, we were in Vancouver when.
Speaker 6: I got inducted into the Like, did they prepare a speech for for it?
Speaker 3: Were they like really they read my statement? Oh I see, yeah, And and I think that was that that's the way they wanted it, because I had forgotten to think I made a video too, and I forgot to think someone really important in the video, and so I was like, fuck, I was gonna have to like make a new video and have it cut into the video and be like I forgot this one guy. And so my parents were able to read that part, but it was, yeah, it was like sweet and they were really proud, and they said that everyone else's like a bunch of people were being inducted, and they said everyone's speech is like referenced.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought I was special till I realized Niki glazers on this one. So I'm nothing. But then I did get a lot, Like they said, there was a lot of mentions of me being dirty and how like, oh, if you can, you know, don't watch we're around Grandma. Like there's a lot of that going on and I love that, am I? Or like don't get the kid, get the kids out of the room or whatever, and like how ironic it is that this is like a high school is gonna have a plaque of like this disgusting comedian who's going to hell. I don't think they like especially said that, but then my parents said that two people in their speeches said fuck, and how it was like kind of like really not the tone of it, and I'm like, yet I'm the one that gets told that I'm I'm constantly inappropriate, even though I think fuck is a fine thing to put in a speech no matter where you are.
Speaker 4: But how many people got inducted into this class?
Speaker 3: I think it was probably like ten or so, uh like.
Speaker 4: Every year ten people get inducted or.
Speaker 3: Yeah, something like that, maybe seven or eight? Yeah, yeah, I forget exact.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: I was supposed to give a shout out to someone who listens to the podcast, Rory, And then who's the other one? Robin listens to the podcast. She's a local in Saint Louis. I think she was inducted in. Maybe she was someone that was I don't know what it was. I'm so sorry, Robin. My parents just said that they met you, that you're a huge fan, and then your son Rora, he was like, she listens all the time. And then my parents were like, we're gonna tell Nikky Rory said hi, and he thought that was cool, and I was like, Okay, I'll give Rory a shout out. So shout out Rory.
Speaker 5: What up?
Speaker 3: Skimmity toilet, no cap you haveriz whatever you know, you get it, go get up. Beastable and fucking celebrate that someone said your name on a podcast.
Speaker 6: Hell yeah, So now do they have your picture up like in the hallway of this high school?
Speaker 3: Is there like a special area for this? There's a special area that has my name. But I believe the picture is not put up. I think it was like on a poster that they had, like you know, lining the halls. But there were so many teachers at it and I and I during my speech, I just listed every teacher that I liked at all that was nice to me and like was like a joy to be around because I was just like, on the off chance that they hear this, that would be cool. And one of the teachers that I included, who was a physics teacher that really made me understand physics and I don't think I would have any grasp of it, and I have some grasp, like I literally don't even know, Like I remember taking the subject and being intimidated by it, and mister Barton like really made it accessible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, made me feel before.
Speaker 3: He was awesome, And so I put him in the speech thinking he is long gone, like he was a young guy at the time and like he's changed school districts. He's probably got out of the business. They wrote me and were like, mister Barton's still there and we're so excited to like show him this video. And that to me was so cool because like he's not gonna remember me as a student, but hopefully that will validate give him some kind of validation for the Like, I think it's just important that no matter what subject you teach, whether or not your students are interested or even good at the subject, you can have the most profound effect on a student. Because all my favorite teachers were not my favorite subjects. They were actually subjects I was quite bad at, and they still made an impact on me about who the person I wanted to be and all and all that stuff. So that was really fun to give those shout outs and then to find out they were still around to hear it. And then you know, my teacher, my favorite teacher of all time, Madame Kalfus, she wrote me and said I was at the ceremony and thank you so much for you know, saying those nice things about me. And she said that like, sadly we lost mister Platt so young, and I'm like, no, I found out mister Platt died. That was kind of sad, but they were apparently apparently. Yeah, it was like a really great ceremony. My parents were so cute and proud to be there. I love them so much. It was so nice that they were like, it's just nice that they're so psyched to like celebrate all these things. And they write, you know, I was on Kelly and Regi or Kelly and Regis, Kelly and Mark yesterday and they just wrote me the nicest text about you're so good on these shows, Oh my god, you know, like they're just so celebratory. And and Noah, you wrote me the nicest thing about that too, like that, you know, when I do with Kelly and Mark, like not a lot of people see it. I don't get a lot of feedback from fans because it's like a different you know, it's a different.
Speaker 2: You are so good on daytime TV. Yes, so nice, so nice.
Speaker 5: I watched it on YouTube yesterday and you were really great.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: And I was shocked that it was just they did it at the place the Oscar.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That was crazy, wasn't it. It's final thought. This was literally Kelly and Mark tapes they take over the stage at midnight and they bring in all their people and they redo the stage to bring in Kelly and Mark. And they've done it for like three years in a row, right after the Oscars, and so it was very confusing of what I was to wear, because you you dress a certain way for daytime TV when it's in a studio, but not when it's in like the Oscars Dolby Theater stage right, And so it was crazy to walk out and see a whole room of fans at literally six in the morning. I got there at four, had to wake up at three. Who was in the audience fans of Kelly and Mark? And I go, this is a paid audience, right, Like you can't.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I know, I understand the show as fans, but not six in the morning on a Monday in LA for a huge theater, Philip they filled it up.
Speaker 5: Well, you're probably so excited because if you get there early enough, you could kind of be sitting in the same seat that like Timothy Shalamy was sitting in like eight hours before.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's such a good point. That would have been so good to point out. I wish I would have thought of that. That's so funny to be like, do you know that Timothy Jolibay was sitting right where you were? Kendall was right or Kylie was right there for some of it. I think she got up during when when his ex girlfriend came out to get It.
Speaker 5: Was just so crazy to watch because like I saw you do Kelly and Mark in New York and it's like, you know, a TV studio, so it's tight and small, and this is a cavern like it is.
Speaker 3: Like, dude, I didn't know where to play, so because I was like on a stage where like it's kind of similar to the performances I'm doing now in these big theaters. So I like kept like I was talking to Kelly Mark, but then I would like do it to the audience. So I was like, I don't know when am I supposed to do the camera the audience? Like I didn't, I I it probably looks I don't want to watch it because it probably looks insane because I didn't know where to talk and that was fat.
Speaker 1: You're supposed to the audience.
Speaker 3: Oh, I went big to the audience. But sometimes when you do TV, you're not supposed to play the audience. Like it's like a waste too because they're just there for sound of laught and laughter, and if you want to look good on TV, you're supposed to not do it. And so sometimes I have to like ignore the audience even though I always want to play to them. But as a stand up you always want to play to an audience. It's kind of confusing. But yeah, so I didn't sleep. I went right from Yeah, the Oscars parties, which were seeing Chapel Ron and Elton John was incredible. So glad I went to that, even though it was like a different group of people, like you go to that, and it was like I went from like the most exclusive, cool party with the most famous people in the world too, like a different Like I thought it was also gonna be that exclusive, but it was a different crowd. That was the party that I should have been at, to be honest with you, like it was more my speed of people. A lot of people that, like I gotta say, like, can everyone just like if you see, I'm not even that famous, but people when they I was pretty famous for this party, let me just say, like I was. You know, I was probably one of the more famous people at this party. And that is not bragging. I'm not thinking I'm cool, but I could just tell what I want to. People were like whoa, you know, like you just get that sense, and like I am just trying to get everyone's trying to get close close to the stage, to get to just be close to stage, but like they're not even like singing along. And if you know tepoarone at all, like she doesn't want you just like standing there if you're not gonna do the hot to go dance, get hot to go, go to go home, Hot to go home, That's what she said. The poles, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: So I was just like trying to get close, and like a second people would see me next to them. Not it wasn't everyone, but they I guess they were a little drunk too. They would like be aware of me and keep looking at like looking behind to look just to watch me enjoying it. And then I feel like me having a really good time and singing along, it becomes like I'm being watched. So then I feel like I'm performing, but I'm also like, wait, no, I'm just having a good time. But am dude, they will think that I'm performing, Like I don't want anyone to think that I was like singing along and dancing because I think I'm cool or something. So I just and these people are not cool about it at all. I know what it's like to be like to see someone that you might be like, oh my god, this person's right next to me. Be cool, Sneak a picture all you want, but dim your screen first. Don't like keep turning back to see if they're having a good time and looking. I was so uncomfortable by this one man who would not stop looking at me, and every second was just like did she laugh at that? Is she laughing at that? Is she looking at that? It was so weird. I just it gave me a sense of like what actually famous people deal with, and it is people are just just be a little bit more discreet. I just don't understand people just glawking. This is the same thing that happened when I was first around someone famous, Amy Schumer, when she blew up that summer. We are checking into a hotel and the girl next to us was whispering to her boyfriend. That's same she were, Amy. She was right next to us, but really loud whispers, and I go, she can hear you. I like, was so annoyed by I go, do you think she can't hear you? I go, shit, we're not in a zoo, there's I go, she's not on TV. She literally can hear you. And she was like Nick Jesus And I was like, I'm just because I was witnessing it so much that weekend that I was like, what is wrong with people? Because I am those people. I get excited by celebrities. But just you can You can text your friend next to you. You can write get the app that is called big and you could write text on that and then show it to them and go. Amy Schumer's next with dim your screen when you take a picture, turn off your flash, Like there are ways to capture and exploit celebrities just as much as I would want to. That aren't obvious? God, wake up people, just like like, have you ever looked in a mirror? You exist, You're a person that people other people can see. It's just so it's it was confounding to me and it made me uncomfortable and I wanted to get the fuck out of there.
Speaker 4: Were supposed to look in mirrors or not?
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I was just it was rough.
Speaker 5: I will say, as somebody I've only really ever done this once, where like it blew my mind that a celebrity like I was at like a dive bar in La and Kirsten Dunce was there. Yeah, and I literally couldn't stop talking about it.
Speaker 1: It like broke my brain.
Speaker 3: I know, Sean, you weren't saying it with an earshot.
Speaker 1: Of her at a time.
Speaker 5: I was trying to be funny. I was being really loud, so like here's does be like, who is this magnet?
Speaker 3: Doesn't bother me at all? We would all do that that I wouldn't be very clear. I love when people ask for photos. I love when people point at me and are like whispering to their friends like that doesn't that really doesn't bother me. It's like when you were close to me and you're not even talking to me. You're acting like I'm an object. So if you were to talk to me and go, I love you, it's so good to meet you, Like that's fine, but like acting like that celebrities are and this is obviously like who cares celebrities? Oh it's eh, life is so hard. Like even I'm reading all these articles about like to me more deserved that and poor to me. I'm just like, she's fine, you guys, She's gonna be okay. I know it does suck, and it would have been very cool to see an older woman who was in this movie about being an aging woman in Hollywood and how it sucks, and like she kind of who did quality. No, I absolutely deserved it as well. Like it's kind of as ironic that she did a movie about being replaced by a younger version of herself. And Mikey Madison is arguably kind of a you know, she's like the next big ingenue and she's always and to me, Moore has always been called a popcorn actress, which I didn't hear about until me Moore told us all that she was called that, Like what does that mean?
Speaker 5: I think it just means that your movies make money and that like you're a good serious Yeah, it's so much better.
Speaker 4: I thought it was get paid in popcorn.
Speaker 3: No, that'shant, that's me on my rider.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Can I just say quickly for a noura shout out to my friend Sebastian Knelly who was in Honora and now he's what he was the the tow truck truck driver. Cool, he was the tow truck driver and Anora towards the end of the movie. So now he's in a movie that won Best Pick an Oscar for Playeh.
Speaker 3: God, Wow, that's so cool. Mike. By the way, I really like her vibe. She just seems like a really nice person. And I am able to clock this. I think I'm better than most people at seeing which celebrities are real good people and which aren't. And I heard a story this weekend about one that is not a good person, and I was really bummed out about it. I can't remember who it was. I don't even think i'd tell you if I could remember, but I was like, man, I actually thought that person was cool, and they're not. But Mikey Madsen just seems like a just a She really loves acting. She's a great she's gracious, she's grateful, she's humble. I just I like her vibe. Her speech wasn't like Adriane Brody nine minutes long, self indulgent throwing his gum at his wife who used to be married to Harvey Weinstein, Like hasn't she been through enough? Like like I just I, you know, shout out to Adrian Brody because he laughed at my joke at the Golden Globes, and I loved it, and he had a good sense of humor about himself. But that speech was too long.
Speaker 1: It's self indulgent.
Speaker 5: Someone pointed out on Twitter that Adrian Brodie's like the Eli Manning where he's won two big he's won two big games and then everything else is just interceptions and it really is the truth.
Speaker 1: But Adrian Brody great actor.
Speaker 5: Listen to when they start playing you off, like they're doing that not just to hurt you.
Speaker 3: Your guys text cracked me upwards on there was one of you who was like, wow, I didn't even know you could do that, but like why did we think we couldn't? You know, like like why did we all we all thought he was gonna get shot or something if he didn't get off stage. But you could just tell the orchestra stop and they'll all quiet down. Like that was literally insane. And then him throwing the gum at his wife like everyone was disgusted, but that I really wasn't actually disgusted by it, Like I thought it was kind of cute, like they don't care about and she's like yeah, like and it's like this Oscar winner throwing his gum. It kind of like brings it back down to earth. But I do have to say, like when actors, certain actors, there were a couple that won awards that night. I thought Mikey Madison was just herself. She was just a normal person, like grateful to win in shock and all those things. Some of them are the other ones. I'm like, is this a monologue? Is this an audition for the next thing you're doing? Like, I don't trust Adrian Brody being emotional because he's an actor, Like it just seemed like acting to me. And maybe that's just because I don't I'm not aware of his acting style and and maybe it's not at all like it, and maybe he's allowed to get really profound and emotional during that, and of course you would. But there were some people. There was one other speech that I was just like, come on, this is like I'm watching an audition. I just it seems scripted and it seems way too emotional and let's all just just be more real. But I don't think they can. Yeah, I don't think they can be real because if they're real, they have no control and they need a script in order to be good.
Speaker 4: In order to be a really excellent actor, you kind of have to have no identity. I think that's my theory, and.
Speaker 3: You have to just be like, oh yeah, so like when you are allowed to speak, you have to have some kind of plan to play a character ofsel exactly.
Speaker 4: A character is some actor who talked about that, that like a good actor who said, like, I'm retiring from acting, or maybe it was Daniel day Lewis who said I need to figure out. Maybe it wasn't. I don't want to put this. I am yeah, like I have been a different person for my entire life, and it takes from you every time because that person, like maybe even Leonardo DiCaprio said this after The Remnant, because like every time you play that character, that character, the character doesn't leave you. It takes a part of you and then gets absorbed into your being. And the more you do that, the less the less and less your core being becomes, and the more you become these other people. And so at a certain point you have to be like, wait a second, who am I? Even if you're good.
Speaker 3: Anymore?
Speaker 1: Do you think Tim Allen felt that way after doing this.
Speaker 3: I think, so, okay, we'll talk more about Oscars. I want to talk about how well Conen did and stuff like that tomorrow on the show. We didn't cover it all, but that we covered a lot. Thank you guys for being here, Thanks for listening to the show. We will see you tomorrow. Thank you, Sean, thank you Brian, thank you, Noah, don't be good bye bye. The Nicki Glazer Podcast is a production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players and iHeart Podcasts. Created and hosted by me Nicki Glazer, co hosted by Brian Frangie. Executive produced by Will Ferrell, Hans Sonny and Noah Avior edited it engineered by Lean and Loaf, video production Mark Canton, and music by Anya Marina. You can now watch full episodes of the Nicki Glazer Podcast on YouTube, follow at Nicki Glazer Pod and subscribe to our channel.