Speaker 1: Warning.
Speaker 2: Today's episode contained spoilers for episode eight of Daredevil Born in on Disney plus The Isle of Joy.
Speaker 1: Be warned.
Speaker 3: Hello, it was Jesson's and I am Kissden.
Speaker 4: No, I'm Rosy, I'm Rosey Nights, I'm Rothy And.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Extra Vision of the podcast where we dive deep to your favorite shows, movies, comics and pop culture.
Speaker 1: Coming from my Art podcast where we'll.
Speaker 2: Bringing you three huge episodes week Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday plus News.
Speaker 3: And in today's episode, Matt Scott had a professionally concerned which honestly she should have been earlier.
Speaker 4: Bos I escapes by the skin of his tooth.
Speaker 3: And and Vanessa and Wilson got some saucy splaining to do.
Speaker 4: Wow, what an episode, Rosie.
Speaker 2: This show continues to be very comic bookie and silly in the way of comic bookie and soapy the way a comic book story is. And this was a very fun episode that continues with a lot of the themes and kind of tone and feel of the previous episode. And I can't wait to talk about it. So we open in Rikers, where the secure wing of Rikers, where Bullseye is pensively a lot of staring out of windows from the bad guys, and this sho we.
Speaker 3: Should do an X ray vision super cut where it's just people staring out of windows, staring out at he loves to look out of a window.
Speaker 1: He can't even he can't.
Speaker 4: I don't believe it.
Speaker 2: So you know, Bullseye's out there, he's looking out the window of his isolation cell at an inmate out there, like smelling a blue flower. And then the guards arrive and Bullseye is shackled and told you know when he's like, where am I going? You're going to general population aka gen pop or lots of inmates want to kill you.
Speaker 3: Okay, but why this is why I want to know. Why do they want to kill him?
Speaker 1: Because like he because it's like a it's like a trophy.
Speaker 3: It's like I don't know, I feel like because he's not like an ex cop or something, he would be much lower.
Speaker 1: Down on the or like fed.
Speaker 3: He okay, he was actually a fed back in the day. Yeah, they want to kill him. I understanding, Pops bad.
Speaker 2: We go to we go to Red Hook where the Fisks are strolling through the through the Fisks upcoming project Red Hook project construction site.
Speaker 1: He loves the ports.
Speaker 3: He's thinking, Nassawa, I never got the opportunity to thank you for everything you did for the organization where I was.
Speaker 1: Away, and all of this is because of you.
Speaker 2: All the funding that I was able to get was because of your ideas.
Speaker 1: And your plans.
Speaker 2: And she's like, well, you know, why'd you throw it all away to become mayor And he's like, no, you don't understand. I'm combining the office of mayor with what we were doing before to make this whole new like legal, illegal, organized crime government thing. Like it's gonna be great, and the Red Hook Project is a part of that.
Speaker 4: I also like the way that he's like, these are.
Speaker 3: Two of the most top criminals in New York and he has to explain to how, like, Babe, there's a lot of corruption in the New York Mayor's office, Like we can really be doing something. Yeah, like this is an opportunity for us.
Speaker 2: They then talk about Luca, and it is clear that Vanessa did, in fact, not that Fisk knew that Luca was coming to kill him, but she essentially seemed like set Luca up to die by sending him to where Fisk was knowing that there was no way that he would ever vibe that, Luca, I mean.
Speaker 1: And then Fiskus like, well, you know, thank you, I have something to show you.
Speaker 2: And so we wonder what that might. Then we go to uh, Heather and Matt at the apartment. Heather is obviously still struggling with the emotions from the attack and from her having to gun down Muse, and she's also like, and by the way, this is what we were right, because here is that conversation that we knew it was coming at some point where she's like, you know, the thing with these masked guys, first of all, they don't even do anything. Daredevil didn't even do it. I killed mus. Daredevil was just there running about in his little onesie pgs like a little boy. Him and Muse like a little little little boys pretending to be the superheroes or something grown men. But the acting like little boys. That's all these masked figures are. And Matt is like, yeah, but Daredevil's cool.
Speaker 4: He came in, you didn't he And She's like, I joll he.
Speaker 1: Came in, I killeds.
Speaker 4: What did he do?
Speaker 2: Then Buck shows up at the door and is like, speak to Heather please, and that gives her a letter which is congratulates her on killing must get from there, and then invites her, along with a guest plus one the inaugural Yeah to to Wilson fiskes mayor Fisk's inaugural Black and White Ball. And Matt is like, wait, how do you know Fisk? And He's like, wait a second, are you Fisk's therapist?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 3: They used two I just have to say, they gotta have a theyve got to have a more honest relationship between the two of them.
Speaker 4: This is she's keeping he's keeping secrets. It's bad time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's she has to do that, you know. Yeah, Ethically, she can't just talk about who her clients.
Speaker 4: If he had told her.
Speaker 3: What Fisk really was and that he was their devil, she would have been able to go into that with more context. But he kept it from her. So now she is Wilson Fist married therapist, which is incredible.
Speaker 2: You ever run into your therapist in the wild, it's the worst.
Speaker 4: You don't want to see it.
Speaker 1: You're like, it's the worst.
Speaker 2: It's just like it's happened a couple of times, and I literally just freeze up, like, oh my god. So the thing that Wilson wants to show Vanessa is Adam. Apparently Wilson at some point transported Adam to Red Hook.
Speaker 4: Is that what happened the basement?
Speaker 3: I claim back in the basement because he was, But it does feel like he's like, I got something to show you, and they're just strolling around.
Speaker 4: So I think it's wherever the basement is.
Speaker 3: I think Adam is in the basement and he's got a bid. He's looking very cast away, very Tom Hanks's looking very tough.
Speaker 1: It's very sang well for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's uh, it's really really it's very count of Monte Cristo.
Speaker 4: But before the escape.
Speaker 1: Ye, escape never happens.
Speaker 4: The escape never happens for this man.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry to tell you so.
Speaker 2: Fiscus talking about how he's like, you know, every time I look at at him, his hands, his artist's hands.
Speaker 1: Oh, I becoming rang. He just starts going.
Speaker 4: He's like like, She's like, I kept my promise, Vanessa. I never killed him. I will never kill him.
Speaker 3: It's like, okay, bro, but you did keep him as a Let's roll back the tape. I think there's a significant amount of space between what you promised and like.
Speaker 2: The spirit of the promise regardless. Yes, He then says, I mean this is Fisk channeling Shakespeare's Sonnets. He then says, if I can't be with you, Vanessa, I cannot.
Speaker 4: Be Wow Wow top ten MCU relationship.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, Adam is like, of course, begging for his life. You know, if you let me go, I'll never tell anybody about this. Just let me out, YadA, YadA YadA. Matt and Heather, meanwhile, are continuing to argue. Matt is like, listen, I can't tell you how I know this, but Fisk is using you to get to me, which must sound insane at this point.
Speaker 3: Heaven must be so sick of this man, like he is so fuck he seems so self centered.
Speaker 4: If you don't what kind.
Speaker 1: Of main character bullshit is this? He wants me to get to you why?
Speaker 3: He's like, what do you mean the mayor? Who is my marriage therapy client? He wants to get to you. A random Moyer like what do you two have against each other?
Speaker 4: Oh? I feel like you should let her know, Matthew, yes.
Speaker 2: And then she's like, well, how is me treating the mayor like anything but a great career? Move for me, and then she's like, and if you're so worried about it, why don't you come to the ball with me?
Speaker 1: And he's like, fine, Okay, you know what, Fine, I'll go. Okay.
Speaker 3: Like she's like, she's like, please, don't come just to like fuck with the me though, and.
Speaker 4: He's like, no, I'll just come. Don't worry will happen.
Speaker 2: Back at the cage, gunshots ring out, Vanessa guns down Adam, and then Wilson Fisk bricks up. Vanessa looks at him like hearts pounding out of.
Speaker 1: Her eyes and no.
Speaker 2: For the next three hours they are engaged in the most heated coitus in front of the cage containing Adam's corpse.
Speaker 4: Dude, they were hot.
Speaker 3: These were they freaks, but you know what, they match each other's freak and I.
Speaker 4: Love as the few are. I thought this was a great twist.
Speaker 3: I wasn't one hundred percent sure where they were going to go with the reveal and whether it would break things between Vanessa and Fisk or whether it would become part of the kind of weird, flirtatious, grotesque dance.
Speaker 4: That they play.
Speaker 3: But I think it's really fun and I also love the way that this episode, like so many of the best episodes of the show, are about the reflections between Fisk and yeah, Matt and now Matt's relationship with Heather and Fisk's relationship with Vanessa, and I like that, Like Matt and Heather are still in the withholding phase, but there is like, yes this, you know we're gonna go to this ball together. You can keep an eye on me, like we can see what's going to happen. But Fisk and Minessa is so far ahead that they're at They're like murdering their enemies and fucking in the blood stage, and you're just like, you know what, Matt and Heather, you're doing okay? In the grand scheam of things, Like in the Grand Schemer.
Speaker 2: Matt is late to the office as usual. I mean, just be happy this guy went to work today.
Speaker 4: Has he ever gone to work? I bus said, how much has he clocked in? I'm like, get Charlie Cox on the phone.
Speaker 2: We need to know he's gotta go. He's gotta be there three hours a week max.
Speaker 3: He is no work, like just like help one client, bro, like one client please please?
Speaker 1: He goes in.
Speaker 2: Kirsten is like, where the fuck have you been. Why are you all beat up? What's going on? She then like updates him on a case that's going on there. The other the law firm that they're arguing against is withholding discovery evidence and financial statements. Doesn't want them to look at them. Christen then is like, listen, I also have some other news and I don't want you to fucking flip out, but you're going to flip out. He's like what Bullseye is moved to gen Pop. He's like, wait, why would they do that? And then she drops the hammer because Wilson Fisk apparently the mayor demanded that he go to gen Pop.
Speaker 1: Oh, no, one knows.
Speaker 2: Let's go to a quick ad break and then we'll be right back to can you Discovery?
Speaker 1: And we're back.
Speaker 2: So man Is Matt is upset about the fact that Bulls has been moved to jen Pop, but what does it mean? Meanwhile, Fisk is in his office, he meets with his team. Sheila is like, Mayor Fisk, it's time to start getting the money together. I need you at some campaign events today. But Fisk is, this is a crazy move from Fisk. He then goes down. He's not cancel all by cancel all by campaign boy butts today we celebrate our successes.
Speaker 3: What he's just done that he's gotten the glow, the off the glow. He's like feeling yeah right, He's like, I want to have a party where I can dance with my wife who killed her boyfriend just for me.
Speaker 4: That's what we're doing today, guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that is so true. That's got to be.
Speaker 2: I mean, Daniel must be like, hey, boss, you're really glowing today. Boss, you're looking good about you. You look good, you look look you were fifteen pounds today.
Speaker 4: He claims. He's like Vigili Lanty crime is down thirty percent. What does that even mean?
Speaker 3: I will say, look, if I have one critique show, yeah, just like the out of the three fucking vigilantes they have on this show, I will say I think that is the only thing that I would say this show.
Speaker 4: You can sense his missing from whatever the recuts. I love most of this show.
Speaker 3: I think for me, it has been just a step above what I was expecting. And the writing is fantastic that obviously the acting is incredible, but I do think the vigilante crime but like we're barely seeing any vigilantes is quite hilarious.
Speaker 4: So I like that. Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 3: Read He's like Vigilanti crimes down, muses dead White, Tiger's dead, only like one more to.
Speaker 1: Go, let's party. This is a successful quarter for us.
Speaker 2: Then he shocks everyone by naming Daniel Deputy Mayor of Communications. Sheila, who's been in politics like thirty years or whatever, is like what this is and she does the move where she's like, Daniel, no offense and turns to physically like and it's like Daniel can't do.
Speaker 4: This, eating alive.
Speaker 3: But the city council burke like, come on, but this is also again I think we were talking on our Prestige TV episode and what is Prestige TV?
Speaker 4: And what era are we in.
Speaker 3: About how there is this kind of delayed response to real life situations like the pit being a response to COVID and it coming out now. But this show with the Daniel character managed to presciently look at what it's like when a high power politician just fills his ranks with a bunch of people who have never done a job before.
Speaker 4: And guess what it actually is?
Speaker 3: This easy, It is this easy to just put a siven and be like, hey, this guy likes me.
Speaker 4: He's in charge now.
Speaker 2: He's the In fact, Daniel isn't just a young and eager lieutenant, he.
Speaker 1: Is he's the future of the city. What the fuck does that means?
Speaker 3: Like some creepy I guess his dream is like white Mafiosa esque Maga kids are gonna be the next big thing, sure, bro.
Speaker 2: Daniel then like drops to his knees and kissing the boot ring and yeah, boot kissing the boot pledging everlasting loyalty to Wilson, which we've heard that before.
Speaker 1: We got it, Daniel, I'll burn festival.
Speaker 3: Is that some kind of foreshadowing that he's gonna get burnt alive?
Speaker 4: I think his season comes to the end.
Speaker 2: I feel like I like him getting killed or or or you know, hideously burned.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We go back to Eminem and Matt hates his client. He's Matt's.
Speaker 2: This client that they have that paid them good money is a piece of shit, apparently, and Matt just doesn't take He's been sitting in on this deposition or meeting or whatever it is for like ten minutes and he's already.
Speaker 3: That Kirston's obviously done prepping this guy.
Speaker 2: He's getting very frustrated at having to be at his job for like close to thirty minutes, and he's starting to like get really annoyed. He can tell the guy is lying about like defrauding New York City teachers.
Speaker 1: So matt flips.
Speaker 2: Out and he's like, well, I'll have you know that, according to Law Code two oh five dash A, lawyers can't knowingly perjure themselves.
Speaker 1: And he's like, what are you talking about? It's like you're lying.
Speaker 2: And if I know you're lying, how can I go up there in court and argue what I know to be lies?
Speaker 1: And Christ is like, no, what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Not on law?
Speaker 3: Like this weird idea that there's some kind of law that a lawyer like can't represent ala. No, then all, like all court cases would be stopped because one side is not telling the truth, Matthew. And also, I don't think it's like a MISSI ballink caught that. He's like, well, I could hear with my super his heartbeat.
Speaker 4: Maybe you just stressed him out because you look, I'm not gonna lie. This guy clearly did steal the money.
Speaker 3: And he also then mentions that his mom is a teacher, his sister is a teacher. His wife's a teacher, so he stole it because he knew how to steal it. He is a scumbag, But Matthew, just generally you can't walk into a room and start yelling at someone and no, I expect that you don't know what's going on.
Speaker 4: Why was he Maybe he was defording it for a good reason. Why don't you ask him?
Speaker 2: All I know is, Matt, you don't come to work, and when you come into work, you shit on our paying clients and then walk away. So Christian is like, what are you talking about? I'm worried about your acting fucking crazy, and then Matt says some overwrought shit like this is also feudle, like fighting for law and.
Speaker 1: Justice, and then he leaves and he's probably been at work for forty.
Speaker 3: Five mates Max Max before leaving. I look, I am a kissed in mcduffy fan. I like this character. I want to see her in more. I don't think she's just a Karen replacement. I think she's a or a Foggy replacement. I think she's an interesting character I want to know more about. But also guys like, let me know more about her and also have her just tell Matt to go fuck himself, like she's running this law firm by herself. She doesn't need him or Cherry. He needs to just go on to I mean, with the spoiler earmuffs if you don't like tear about leaks, but with the suit leaks that we have seen coming up, we can assume that this season is gonna end with Matt being out on the outs by himself, maybe faked his own death, maybe something like that, or at least that's where season two will find him because he's wearing the black suit. So I would be interested to see if she interest does boot him out, but we'll see she should because he is annoying as hell when it comes to his job.
Speaker 2: Matt then goes to a neighborhood favorite, Josie's Bar, which has not reopened since Bull's Eye violent.
Speaker 1: Killed Foggy and yes inside the bar, but.
Speaker 2: Josie is there just hanging out, just drinking, and so Matt is like day drinking with Josie.
Speaker 1: Cherry arrives.
Speaker 2: Kirsten sent him to keep track of Matt because she was probably like Cherry, Matt's acting like a wild man, you gotta go.
Speaker 4: And he's like he's probably day drinking instead of being.
Speaker 1: A US, which is true, and.
Speaker 2: Matt starts to think, you know, there's something else going on because the you know, with Bullseye being moved and Foggy's death not really making sense, it's all connected somehow. And then it all comes together when Josie comes out with this specific bottle of Irish whiskey, Oh Melvinies and says that Foggy, this is what Foggy was drinking on the night he was killed, and this makes Matt realize that Foggy was celebrating something, some kind of break in his case that he had, and that must have been why he was killed, because he was about to win some huge case. Matt then goes to see Bullseye and writers asks bullsey if did you kill Foggy because Fisk hired you? Poindexter is just being super weird, making like various philosophical statements and saying, you know, I have questions too about like what happened, And then Matt again is like, did you kill Foggy because Fitsk hired you to?
Speaker 1: And Bullsay is like, I'll tell you, but I.
Speaker 2: Need to get out first, and then Matt's like, okay, whatever, it bashes his head into the table and leaves.
Speaker 1: We go to the Black and White Ball. Daniel is riding.
Speaker 2: High at the Black and White Ball. He sees Bebe, which continues to be one of the craziest relationships in this show.
Speaker 1: He sees Bbe, who.
Speaker 2: He clearly like, I think that there's on one level, he sees Bebe as like, we're these two young New Yorkers on the come up.
Speaker 1: You know, we're we're ascendant right now, And isn't this awesome? Isn't this cool? Like look at us?
Speaker 3: And I think in his mind he definitely imagines like, oh, she could be my Vanessa, Like look at us, We've got this connector is also he likes her.
Speaker 2: He likes you definitely, So he apologizes for pushing her to like report lies in the BB report regarding the muse in the task Force.
Speaker 1: He then tells her and by the hey.
Speaker 2: And but I'm now you're talking as a Deputy may As the coms now, it's not crazy, baby, and the kind of he's like flexing and he's like, look at us well on the way to the top, BB Yerika BB Report, I'm the Deputy may As.
Speaker 1: The power couple, look at us.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, across the across the ballroom, Jack Duquane, the Swordsman, he is talking to Artemis Sledge, the you know her and Arthur Sledge or this socialite New York, very very wealthy couple met previously, and they both supposedly hate Fisks. So Jack is like, look at us here, two people that hate fisk, Why are we here? But Artemis is like weirdly preoccupied about something. She's like clearly has a lot of stuff on her mind. She kind of wanders off, and this raises Jack's suspicions a little bit.
Speaker 1: Something's off.
Speaker 2: Heather is there looking around waiting for Matt, looking great, her hair looking great, looking wonderfully done up for this ball and she's clearly like frustrated and fuming because Matt said he would be there and he's not there. And then all of a sudden, like the lights drop and you hear like the Chicago Bulls theme music, and the voice gets on that na Mare and first lady, what's that that Vanessa Fisk?
Speaker 1: And they play this crazy like.
Speaker 4: The most evil milling song of old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like sounds like it truly sounds like you're riding into Mordor with this fucking music.
Speaker 1: And let's take a quick break and come.
Speaker 3: Back in second.
Speaker 1: And we're back.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, of course, guess what Bullseye breaks out of prison?
Speaker 4: How does he do it? Though?
Speaker 3: Jay thinks this is straight from the coll mix and I love it.
Speaker 1: It is really great.
Speaker 2: So apparently when Matt bashed his head, he loosened a tooth, yes, which which Bullseye then goes to the dentist to like, uh world, to the doctor to have like stitches done in his head from when he's his head bashed, But that tooth is loose, and so while he's sitting there manacled to the chair, he sucks the tooth out of his out of his h gum, I guess the gum hole which crazy suction from Ben Point Dexter didn't know he had that kind of talent as well. Then he spits the tooth into the guard's eye, blinding him and then immediately escapes, gets all like the little like scalpels and shit and just starts killing everybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's done it, he's out. He's done it in the comics.
Speaker 3: Like in some really crazy times, like he did it in a Captain America book.
Speaker 4: He killed someone with his tooth.
Speaker 3: He's done it obviously in dat evil like this man, he loves to do a crazy killing. In fact, I was thinking today about one of the wildest parts of the law is that he.
Speaker 4: In prison, like they would have to like.
Speaker 3: Give him stool softeners so he didn't kill people with his poop, so he didn't just be pooping out bullets.
Speaker 4: Like come on, man, like this guy is a crazy guy.
Speaker 3: This is he the most overpowered guy in the Marvel universe with this tooth bullet that, by the way, killed multiple people. Okay, I do have to bring this up, big conversation in the discord.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that.
Speaker 4: I agree with you and Joel on this now.
Speaker 3: But the disc or conversation was, did Matt Murdock know that by smashing Bullseye's face on.
Speaker 4: The table he was going to end up escaping and trying to kill fist?
Speaker 1: No way, no way he did that out of pure aim.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, simply because of the nature of how many people bulls I killed when he got out of prison, and Matt could not make that good with himself.
Speaker 4: I don't believe.
Speaker 3: But I understand why it feels ambiguous when you know bulls eye immediately says thank you, counselor, and doesn't make any you know, argument that he didn't just randomly smash his face against the table, which is what Matt.
Speaker 1: And this is just Matt out of control.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is just classic like a violence against imprison people. Matt is not new in doing this, but I do like out. I do think you make a great statement. I think Matt is out of control at this point. His session with Wilson and the death of Foggy is making him lose any kind of moral center that he had, which has always been kind of blarry for him. And I actually think it makes a very very interesting dad devil kind of interpretation. Then what we often see with the kind of guilt ridden Matt, like he will be guilty about this at some point, but right now he's just on that quest for revenge.
Speaker 1: We go back to the ball.
Speaker 2: Vanessa comes up to Heather and he's like, thank you for all your help with me and Wilson, and that was great, and they have some small talk and then she goes off, and then we look over and the music, the carmina burana like choral music starts up again, and who is it? But Matt entering the black and white ball, He's got his keen to complete the look, and he's like, apparently can he's heading right for Wilson. I don't know what Heather thinks is like is he going by smell directly towards Wilson?
Speaker 1: Like how is he doing?
Speaker 4: I just think this guy's putting it on.
Speaker 3: Like he's like navigating a dance floor with a question, is Matt Madow blind? Like does the through the powers you have mean that he isn't blind? Like it's very controversial, and yeah, I am intrigued to see what happens next. But come on, Matthew, you are not doing a good job a pretending anymore.
Speaker 2: Then this is the guy who said, yeah, I just bump into stuff all the time to the point that I'm like bleeding and bruised. And then you watch him like navigate a dance floor at a at a party. Anyway, Heather like intercepts him and she's steamed.
Speaker 1: Where were you? Why didn't you tell I thought you were coming?
Speaker 2: And then you don't show up And then he's like, well I was I was just yeah, I'm here now. And by the way, I was just randomly visiting Bullseye at Rikers.
Speaker 1: She's like, what what? What's what? Why do you you don't call?
Speaker 2: You show up whenever you want, and then when you show up you have the craziest stories about what's been going on.
Speaker 1: Matt.
Speaker 2: Then hears Dukane chatting with Fisk, and as he's supposed to be having this like very serious, really serious conversation with Heather about their relationship, he starts listening into that conversation.
Speaker 1: So she's like, you're not even listening to me.
Speaker 2: This infuriates her, which, by the way, she's gonna be used to it at this point because this man is always snooping on someone with his superhering like you know, yes, that'll be He's like eating her out in the New York offist and then he's hearing like an old lady get mugged and he's like.
Speaker 4: Oh, I gotta go outside. I got through this, like ah.
Speaker 2: Fisk and Ducane then go off and they discuss Red Hook and Fisk basically shakes Ducane down for money.
Speaker 1: It was like, you know, uh need money for that project, and it'd be a shame if it was to come out. The doctor Kaine was.
Speaker 2: The swordsman like he basically says, like, I know you're the swordsman, and the task force will come after you unless you like write a chat.
Speaker 3: I love this, but like in the context of what we've seen of the swordsman, like he's just like a good step dad who's also like helping out with some swordwright.
Speaker 4: This man is not like a well known vigilante wilst the face.
Speaker 3: But I love that in the context of you know, his wife being arrested as like mirror mask or whatever, like now he is like he would be worried about that, So I like this. I also like this is a great example of what I think this show does well. Even in the silliest kind of big swing moments or the wild kind of set pieces like the Black and White Ball, it shows that Wilson is not a moral person, which a lot of times he claims that there is this moral quest against vigilantes, but really that's just the oppressed class that he is choosing to oppress to make it seem like he's doing something. And it's funny because here we see that actually, if you're a rich vigilante, he'll just ask you for money. He's not gonna put you in prison. And you're gonna try to kill He'll just extaught you.
Speaker 4: So that's different. Last to it, like he doesn't.
Speaker 3: Really care if Swordsman isn't a bit gilante. He just has if he's getting money from Swordsman.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, Task Force guys are all over the place, all over this ball. They are like basically Wilson's pretorian guard.
Speaker 3: At this point, they are acting up too, like really crazy shit.
Speaker 2: Dirty Cop Powell sees a waiter take a phone pick of the ball and so they snatch him off the floor and they're getting ready to maybe kill this guy.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, he's just having fun.
Speaker 2: At this point, when Chief Gallow comes down, it is like you stop that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have you prosecuted for assault.
Speaker 2: And Pal's like, wait, that's we didn't even do anything this you want to see assault and then puts this guy's hand in the fry like what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Like no, and Gallo is like holy shit, like did you just do that in front of me?
Speaker 2: And then next thing you know, there's like a the other Task Force guys in the hall and Gallo realizes like he has to back down, like this is they're out of control and this is actually unsafe for me right now.
Speaker 4: They say Tim as well, like we don't work for you, like it's done, like in.
Speaker 3: Case you are we are not like cops under the guys of the NYPD anymore.
Speaker 4: We are you know, Wilson fisks m YPD.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Daniel and BB are still having their conversation. BIB is wondering, you know, which I think is like an important thing to think about for BB if she's lost her journalistic perspective because of the proximity to power that Daniel provides, Like, am I getting too close to them?
Speaker 4: We?
Speaker 2: You know, it's it's certainly good to think about, considering what the conversation she's about to have with Gallo. She sees Gallo and she starts grilling him about the Task Force. He calls her out for going with Dan's version of the MEWS story.
Speaker 1: Apparently she went.
Speaker 2: To print she published that the task Force took out news and he's like, everybody knows that was dared, Well, it was actually Heathery. Yeah, but it's but it's interesting that Biebe actually did succumb to the pressure from Daniel, and then Gallo calls her basically Fisk's propaganda, Like when did you become fisk propaganda minister? And she's like, oh, yeah, when did you become the chief of the s S, comparing Gallo to Himmler, which I think is a little Bobe, that's a little fucking.
Speaker 3: St But he did come out uncle a minister of propaganda off the one book post, so I think that kind of that trading, that trading Bob's And.
Speaker 4: Also she she does know.
Speaker 3: That he agreed to be the head of this vigilanti task force for most even though he didn't know.
Speaker 2: He's only yeah, he's the nominal heat. Certainly they don't listen to him. But I think it's an important conversation about like, can you if you were working for a corrupt leader, is or any benefit to society as a moral person to work for them and change trying them in order to try and keep them from going too far. And I think that's how Gallo probably sees himself, like I'm a check on Wilson just being crazy.
Speaker 3: But he's also the other hand realized after seeing someone get their hand French Fried, he doesn't have that control anymore.
Speaker 2: He doesn't have the juice that's not working, and certainly Bebe is coming to that realization now with Daniel's ascendency and the fact that she's already crossed the journalistic line in printing that mute stuff. Then uh, you know, they start talking a little bit and Gallo's like, do you know that Wilson Fisk killed your uncle? Shockingly, BB is like yeah, I know that, which.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what no, no, no, no, no, I think this Actually I love this twist because she's like, yeah, that's why I'm here. And you see this difference between how talking to Gallo and she's like, not everything I print as under my real name. She's like, sure, I printed that one story to make Daniel think I was on his side, but like, if you ever want to print something real like this is the you know, probably encryptied email that is not straight to BB.
Speaker 4: And we see that.
Speaker 3: Then I think BB is using Daniel to get closer to Fisk to find out what happened to her uncle.
Speaker 4: And we get this great moment where after they.
Speaker 3: Agree to kind of team up in some vague way that I'm sure we will find out, she puts on this like huge smile and kind of bounces back to Daniel, and I think that version of BB we've been seeing is a mask to follow this revenge quest for her uncle.
Speaker 2: So they're teaming up. Meanwhile, Matt and Heather are still arguing. He tells Heather that Fisk again. He's like, he hired you to get to me, and she's like what.
Speaker 4: She's like, me, what you're talking about?
Speaker 1: They are? You know?
Speaker 2: The argument is getting more heated. Matt's like, I'm gonna go talk to them. I'm not gonna confront him, and Heather's like, I'm coming with you. But before they can get there, the spotlight hits the Fisks and it's time for the couples dance.
Speaker 1: This is an incredible moment. So Heather, who has been.
Speaker 2: Like furious rightfully with Matt, arguing heatedly with him, watches as Matt goes, Okay, here goes the dance.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have.
Speaker 2: This is how we have to get close to them. As we're gonna have to hit the dance floor, She's like what.
Speaker 1: He folds up in a very like cool guy like way.
Speaker 2: Folds up his cane, drops it on a waiter's tray, crazy as the waiter is like what, and then goes, you're gonna have to lead And then proceeds to lead her in a ballroom dance. And it's crazy because and this is again comic accurate Matt, because Heather, who was just a second ago really furious at Matt, is all of a sudden like the flush is coming back her vase. She's just like, oh, yeah, I remember why I'm attracted to you. Why does this work? Like why wnnoying?
Speaker 3: But it works on me, baby, And he's that dancing and that kind of like it's very silly, kind of I don't know about dancing all music guys like in this sense, so apologies if it's wrong, but it's very like passionate kind of salsa, like they're doing a classical dance but there's a little flat to it, and they're getting close.
Speaker 1: Yes and yeah, and.
Speaker 3: Then and then something something happens that will change the way that Matt.
Speaker 4: Sees this situation.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, Kingpin is like talking trash from the other side of the room. It's like, fuck you man, and.
Speaker 4: He knows he can hear him.
Speaker 1: He's like, you fucking you could hear me. I know you could hear me.
Speaker 2: I've your girlfriend is my therapist, Like I know you're dressing up his Darnevil again, like, look at you chasing me here. Just then, Buck Cashman gets a call telling him that Bulls I escaped. He immediately informs Fisk. Matt hears Vanessa tell Wilson that she is tell him something, and he realizes in that moment that it was Vanessa who ordered to hit on Foggy.
Speaker 1: What a twist.
Speaker 4: What twist.
Speaker 3: But if you are of the mindset that Foggy's death is not real, which I know many of you are hoping.
Speaker 1: I think it might not I do actually think it might not be real.
Speaker 3: It is Vanessa fakes Foggy's death so that Matt cal Wilson.
Speaker 4: That's like her scheme.
Speaker 3: And I'm saying now that Vanessa is the one that little easter egg that you call of the number of the office being the same number of the episode where you know, the issue where Matt kind of does where this is revealed, And yeah, it's gonna be interesting because that.
Speaker 2: I truly cannot believe that we really might be going there, and I was firmly against it until this and now I'm like, you know what I might.
Speaker 1: See?
Speaker 3: This is a very this is comics. Uh yeah, Dead of a Volume two ninety two. That's when you're kind of seeing that Wilson, that Vanessa stees and uh yeah, crazy crazy situation here that they revealed that.
Speaker 4: But I'm not surprised.
Speaker 3: She was the big boss at the time. It makes sense she But why did she do it?
Speaker 2: That's what That's what I want to That's the question we don't know. So Matt cuts in with Vanessa. He asks hers straight out, why did you order Foggy's death? And but before she can really answer, he hears like the clacking of like the bolt of a sniper rifle. He realizes someone's taking aim, and then Matt does the most Matt fucking thing ever.
Speaker 1: This guy jumps in front.
Speaker 2: Of Wilson Fisk, takes the bullet in the shoulder, sets the floor and is bleeding out as the weather like you know, kneels over him, and then we go to the credit.
Speaker 4: You know what. She is like so hot for him in that moment.
Speaker 3: She's like, oh he did even though he's obsessed with this guy, he saved his life.
Speaker 4: Like why is Matt like this?
Speaker 3: Like I think the true reason for me is like this is a story just like Batman and the Joker and every great villain and their you know, heroic counterpart. This is really about the relationship between Wilson, Fisk and Matt and I understand that also Matt is supposed to not want to kill people and save people's lives because he's a Catholic. But this man has absolutely just like beat the shit out of multiple people this season and definitely giving people like severit CTE or like head traumas.
Speaker 4: So I don't know if I'm buying that.
Speaker 3: I think this is like in the moment he just he would have potentially let Wilson get shot if he hadn't just found out that Vanessa was the one who killed Foggy, right, But also then he has this complex moment where he's thinking, like, shit, I can stop the man who killed my best friend from killing another person, so I want to stop him, and he just, dude, when he took that bullet, I was screaming at the TV, like on multiple rewatches too.
Speaker 4: It just gets me every time. Such a good moment.
Speaker 2: I also love that Matt. Here's the thing about Matthew Murdoch Daredevil. This guy never misses a game. He's not like Joel Embiid or some of these other guys. He's getting concussed, he's falling off of buildings, he's getting shot, he's getting stabbed. He's like fighting Bullseye with eight knives sticking out of his body.
Speaker 1: And I guarantee you.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow night he will be out there again somehow with a bullet in his chest. Bett Murdock will be suiting up as Daredbil. This guy just plays when it's game time. He's yeah, he's getting up, he's doing it. We got to find out about why how these.
Speaker 1: Why did she? Why is she? Why did Vanessa do this?
Speaker 3: Okayeah, biggest question because I either I think Bullseye is I think Bullseye it took the shot at Wilson because he feels like Wilson set him up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: So like biggest questions going into the finale, why did Vanessa do this? Is I am distinctly getting the flavor that Matt is going to like team up with Gallo and maybe bebe in some kind of like good I don't like good cops, like at the end of The Batman where it's like there are good cops too, So I feel like that could definitely happen because that hinting that Gallo is going to be this kind of better reflection of the police than the anti Vigilanti task Force. Will Wilson feel like he owes Matt and the thing for saving his life? Will that change their relationship?
Speaker 1: No way, I think of anything, he'll have less respect for Matt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like why didn't you just let him kill me?
Speaker 1: Like, why didn't you want to have had the chance? That was it?
Speaker 2: You could have been got rid of me, And here you are because you're absolutely stupid moral code. You saved my life after everything that I've done, Like you are weak?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he loses complete respectful.
Speaker 5: Also, does Wilson and the season still as Maya or do we see him make that transition to set up season two.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it would take right now for him to get torn down as Mayor. He's he's almost doing everything out in the open.
Speaker 4: Yeah you know what I mean. Would he want to step away from it and just be the kingpin?
Speaker 3: Or maybe the finale is him saying I am both, like both exist, like I'm Kingpin Mayor of New York or whatever.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I've been thinking about a lot about the born again element, and I do think that this season is it's it matches the overall kind of shape of the first two acts of Born Again in that I think what it's about is driving Matt over the edge, making him cross lines, making him think that it's all for nothing. Daredevil doesn't do anything, you know, arguing the law doesn't do anything. So that I think that next season as I think Fisk will continue to be Mayor and be more powerful than ever, and I think Matt will. Next season's Matt is going to be the Daredevil kingpin of crime, where Matt is like, you know what, I'm gonna go and take over the gangs. I'm going to bring them to heal and then I'm gonna I'm gonna be like the hyper violent Daredevil that I need to be to really make a difference. I'm gonna cross lines, I'm gonna go completely underground. And I think that's maybe what is going to happen. I think maybe Matt he might fake his death after.
Speaker 3: This, yeah exactly, because we got to see Yeah, I'm interested to see where it goes next. It feels like it's going to be oddo wrap it up in one episode, but I will be very excused.
Speaker 2: A punisher must come back right, So how does he get involved?
Speaker 3: I think that Matt is going to have to call in some kind of crew to stop to help stop Bullseye now he's out and about that's my guess. But I don't think he's going to team up with Wilson. That's not that's not really in the cards for them. But I do think that maybe maybe Frank comes back because he hears Matt got shot. Yeah, which could also mean we could get a Karen return as well, because she might be worried about him for.
Speaker 1: A Foggy return. They didn't do that.
Speaker 4: That would be so crazy.
Speaker 1: If he do that, I will lose it.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow and Extra Vision, we're recapping season one of the Last of Us and then Monday we're getting ready for and Or, as we debate is Rogue one a good film? Our Last of Us season to coverage will begin Tuesday and on Thursday, recovering the inclusion of Dared Devil Born Again season one. That's it for this episode. Thanks for listening, Bye x ray Vision is hosted by Jason Concepcion and Rosie Knight and is a production of iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 3: Our executive producers are Joel Monique and Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 1: Our supervising producer is Abuza par.
Speaker 3: Our producers are Common, Laurent Dean, Jonathan and Bay wag.
Speaker 2: Our theme song is by Brian Vasquez, with alternate theme songs by Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 3: Special thanks to Soul Rubin, Chris Lord, Kenny Goodman and Heidi.
Speaker 4: Our discord moderate, though