Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Now, let's take a look at some of the stocks on the mood today here in Europe. I'm Caroline Hepget alongside Guy Johnson. I'm enjoyed by Bloomberg's Breaking News editor Louise Move. Good morning, Louise Sanded. Chartered slashing roles looking to artificial intelligence, perhaps rather clunkily phrased in how they're going to do it. But what do investors make of it?
Speaker 4: Well, yes, there's quite a lot for investors to kind of digest this morning. To a Santi Charter, as you say, there's plans to cut eight thousand support roles, that's by twenty thirty and as you are kind of mentioned there, that's to scale up the use of AI, or at least that's what stand Charted are saying. So Bill Winter's the CEO, said it's not cost cutting, it's replacing in some cases lower value humor capital with financial capital and investment capital that they're putting into the company, saying that that will drive productivity improvements. But shares a little change both in London and Hong Kong. But as I say, there is quite a lot for investors to digest alongside this news. So they've got an investor meeting in Hong Kong to day outlining all of their kind of medium term growth targets essentially in their plans strategy going forward. They already had earnings at the end of April hit a record high. There, so quite a lot to kind of get through. But yeah, that's the key news is wanting is those job cuts. But shares so far little changed on that news.
Speaker 1: SSP. That's the caging company right.
Speaker 4: Yes, owns Uppercross and a lot of other travel food retailers at AMT Coffee and a bunch of other ones. Shares up as much as seven point five percent this morning. Essentially good first half results, so sales particularly in the UK, US and Europe rose and offset some hit that they're seeing from the Middle East and travel distruction caused by by the Middle East. Obviously there is a bit of anceersity there saying that They also cautioned that, you know, if things get worse in the Middle least or continued for a prolonged period of time, inevitability, inevitably, trading.
Speaker 1: Would be weaker for the full year.
Speaker 4: But and they're saying, you know, this is a solid set of results that the outlooks reassuring. Shares have already lost quite a lot so far this year, so they're saying that that impact from the Middle East has already been priced in and it seems manageable going forward.
Speaker 1: So a good set of numbers from them. Okay, so that from SSP.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, Big Yellow sharing their latest results with the market.
Speaker 4: Yeah, also focus kind of on the Middle East and that impact, but less good news for Big Yellow.
Speaker 1: So they had their full year results.
Speaker 4: They came yesterday but after the market closed to shares obviously reacting this morning, shares are slightly down, so they this is over their full year. So they said that the first half was dominated by tariffs and uncertainty around tariffs, so the first half didn't do so well. Things were getting better in the second half, but then stalled in March, essentially after the war, so a bit of a setback. More recently, they say they haven't been replacing staff of left and they'll continue to cut headcount going forward. Also going forward, expecting more cost inflation, rent increases, et cetera. For their they obviously rent huge spaces and very dependent on global movement and people, you know, particularly people moving homes globally, so that is hitting their business and hitting their share price. She has already fallen more than twenty percent this year, and then lower slightly this morning.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.