Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football.
Speaker 2: Club cow Boys.
Speaker 1: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Heckma Harrison, and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the Friday edition of the Players Lounge. Everyone.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hello, come on in, Come get you some. He is Heckma Harrison, He's Barry Church, Sir Api and Newis shrugs. An eventful night last night. We'll get to Lamar Jackson and Chase later, but heck Ma Harrison with any big time. This is where let the people in know you're a human being. First, your dad. First, you had one of those great moments to me it being a dad broadcasting.
Speaker 5: Man kick it to.
Speaker 6: Us like man, my feet ain't touched the ground yet, ain't touch the ground yet. I well, two nights ago, I probably didn't sleep a week just thinking about it. My son plays at Saxony High School. He's a wide receiver there, and I am a color analyst for w f A, a high school Friday night football. I also, you know, call ESPN college college football, basketball, volleyball, soccer, everything. But you know, I always, as a broadcaster that does games on Thursdays and Fridays, missed my son's games. And you know, it was one of those rare opportunities when they brought it to me. As you can imagine, if you're you know, a person that lives in the public eye, you think about your kids first. You think about, man, you know, is this too much pressure? Is in an you know, I have to think about the fact that I never get to be there, I never.
Speaker 2: Get an opportunity to see it.
Speaker 6: I'm usually cross town somewhere calling somebody else's kids games and taking pride and studying the film on them and pronouncing their names correctly and giving them they shine, you know, because I get a lot of Dactanians, and you know, I got to make sure I pronounced the baby's names correctly. A lot of that, a lot of terrorists, uh.
Speaker 2: In the world.
Speaker 6: But yes, sir, and I'm always and and I'm always on point for it. And it's it's my honor, honor to do what I do, number one, because you know, my passion is football, and you know it comes to a point, man, when as a father, when you're missing those that time.
Speaker 2: It does something to you. You know, it does something to you.
Speaker 6: But last night was special being able to be in the building for his game and call the game. I can honestly tell you, I don't remember a word I said last night. I don't remember. I don't remember nothing about last night. All I remember is that it just felt right.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: My my my wife was in you know, my wife, my daughter was in the building, My in laws were in the building.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: So it was a special All the family was tuned in, everybody was there, and it was just a blessing.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: So I appreciated y'all. Y'all bringing that up, man, But it was awesome.
Speaker 5: Tell us about the game. Comment it was.
Speaker 6: It was a great game. It was the great team win. They ended up winning district. My son is playing on the team with some really good players.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: One of the kids, Collik Lockett. He's going to the University of Texas's number two wide receiver in the state of Texas.
Speaker 2: Uh five star. A doll.
Speaker 6: They got another kid, Santanna Quinn is sixty three, two hundred pounds.
Speaker 2: He a doll.
Speaker 6: I mean all these guys are six yeah, I mean these guys are seniors, and he is in one of those situations where he has to weigh his turn, and uh, patience has never been my thing.
Speaker 2: It never has been my thing.
Speaker 6: But it's something that I'm having to teach him because he's he's been, he's been the guy everywhere he's been and this is the first time ever in his career that he's had to wait. And b Paitiy got plenty playing time last night, but you know, didn't get any balls, none, you know, came his way. But I keep telling him about Barry Church. I tell you what Church, I tell you all the time. You got it because, like I said, I tell you this story all the time. I didn't start until my senior year in high school, you know what I say.
Speaker 5: Like you know, I was freshman, sophomore, JB, all that stuff. I didn't start until my senior year.
Speaker 8: Didn't get my first offer until I believe, like the second game of the season.
Speaker 5: So you know, I went to small school and it paid off.
Speaker 4: It paid off. But man, you know I got to tell them to be patient. Looking around, Yes, there many ways to get the bag from shotgun.
Speaker 5: There is anyway.
Speaker 4: There is no straight line way to get your bag down Trials and tribulationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, it was. It was. It was awesome. Last night was cool.
Speaker 5: That was the right home.
Speaker 2: That was the right home.
Speaker 6: I don't remember. I don't remember. I don't I don't remember. I'm telling you it was.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 6: I was on that kind of a cloud last night. I don't remember a lot of it.
Speaker 2: Man. It was like it was like something.
Speaker 6: It was really like what those Spike Lee cam you know, the Spike Lee shot where the cameras right on you like it was. It really wasn't out of body experience. Most of the time, when you go through your open you kind of rehearse on what you know you're gonna say, you know, and how you're gonna hit your points. You kind of do it a few times and you know, all right, come on, let's go run through it. Me and Kyle got to the point we don't even have to rehearse I we just go right to the open.
Speaker 2: But I don't even remember.
Speaker 6: I really like I whatever I said, it was just how did he like, did you talk to him before the game?
Speaker 8: Like, how did he feel going into it knowing you was gonna call his game?
Speaker 5: In attendance.
Speaker 6: He's a typical teenager. You know, he's a typical teenager. He's one of those kids that's just like everybody has tuned to his phone, social media and all of that stuff, so he knows.
Speaker 2: The gravity of it.
Speaker 6: He's worried about what, you know, his teammates and everybody else is gonna say. But then it comes to a point where he had to say, not that that was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty cool. Like he got it.
Speaker 6: He got it in that moment. And one of the things we agreed on is like I told him said, and that leave me alone.
Speaker 2: You go do what you do.
Speaker 6: Right before you go into the locker room, I may get an opportunity to holler at you. And it was one of those cool moments right before you went in, like they were able to get us, you know, a little camera time together and it's something we'll we'll never forget that, you know, it'll be you know forever lives in perpetuity.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 5: That's big time, man sallow heck man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so more emotion.
Speaker 5: Or pride, man, when you're doing that like that, you know, no way, man.
Speaker 6: Look the truth is, Look, man, I'm a fiercely private person, but I'm doing this in public, and it was more emotion than anything.
Speaker 2: It was more emotion.
Speaker 6: Man. I grew up in a single parent household. You know, I played the game pissed off because my daddy couldn't see me playing, you know what I'm saying. And it was one of those things that I had to deal with. And I finally got a coach that came into my life and explained to me that I couldn't play this game pissed off like that, you know, because that's how I got myself ready, just thinking about all these faces and he not you know what I'm saying, uh there, And and you know.
Speaker 2: I suffered with that for a long time.
Speaker 6: I suffered with that when I went to Kansas State and I lost my opportunity there because I wasn't patient and because you know, I didn't come from a background that you know, some man teaching me. Hey man, you know it's you gonna have guys in front of you. You gotta wait. You gotta stay patient for your opportunity. And that's about being a man, you know. And that's some of the things you'll you'll teach the little barrier, you know, and and about that part of it, because he gonna want to shine. And you know, I found myself thinking back to that, and all I could think of is that God really does have a sense of humor, because you know, here it comes back around completely, you know, one eighty to a situation where I'm calling my son's game and I have this this life as a broadcaster, and we have to have an agreement between one another that I may be over here, but I'm still with you. So I'm gonna be training you all summer. We're gonna be doing this all summer. But just know how we do it. And then I get an opportunity to be in a building. You know, Like I said, Nuie, I don't know what I thought. I don't know what I'm gonna say today, big straight up man, It's it's a blessing.
Speaker 5: I'm trying not to get emotionals.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, don't baby cry, don't you don't because I have held it down. I have held it down though. You know how you be on TV and you get and you feel like I had I had.
Speaker 5: The that's that's you know.
Speaker 4: You You you have your kids and you want good.
Speaker 2: For want good for Yeah, No, it's it's tough.
Speaker 5: You got to go do something and your kid was there. Yeah you done good? Yeah, you done good.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 5: Shut out.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: That's a hell of the moment right there.
Speaker 4: Man, to go do what you chasing your dream and then to have your son involved, and then when you go back and you talk about how, hey, man, my dad wasn't there your son?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's uh, that's big man.
Speaker 3: It is got me emotional because I have a son.
Speaker 4: I don't have a son, but you know, man, that's just big time they share these moments and you talk about just your faithfulness and where God has put you at and to have a.
Speaker 6: Moment like that, man. And I'm telling Newlyeah, I mean me and my wife. My wife is is probably you know again, one of the best things that ever happened to me period. And you know, she came from a different background than me. She got a mom and a dad, great father. I love my father in law, Robert Sparks, and you know, she knows how important being a father is to me and being involved and having this time with him, and so you know, like I said, guys, it's it's for me. It's a time that I'm going to always remember. And I'm equally now more than ever, because he's in that state where he's trying to figure out who he is and being able to provide a role map for him in something that I really didn't have a role map, you know what I'm saying. I didn't have that, And so being able to do this and be able to explain what's going on on the other side of the building and how these guys got to the point, how you got to where you are, and how you can have a career in the NFL just depends on which one you want to have exactly, you know.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, man, God is good.
Speaker 4: So the Cowboys find themselves in the game this weekend against the Philadelphia Eagles, and before we go to break, let's just ask this simple question. We think he went a home game. It's twenty twenty four, gentlemen. We're sitting here at November eight. This game will be played Sunday, November ten, and the Cowboys have not won a single game at at and T Stable and they're trying to win on Sunday without their starting quarterback, Dak Prescott. Mike McCarthy, the head coach, was asked about it during the week and he said, you couldn't have told me that I wouldn't have believed it considering how well they played at home the last two seasons.
Speaker 3: And they're not predicted to win this game. And we'll do the prediction later on.
Speaker 4: But literally, I'm just sitting there myself saying, if it's not Philadelphia, then is it Thanksgiving?
Speaker 5: I mean, when is it Church?
Speaker 2: Looking at it?
Speaker 4: You know you got Eagles, Texans, Texans maybe Okay, so Eagles, Texans, Bengals who played looked good last night, Tampa Bay and the command it's.
Speaker 5: It's it's, it's gonna happen. It's gotta have, it's gonna gott But guys, this is this is Christ right there.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 2: It's rough right now?
Speaker 4: Know yeah, only thing I'm looking at the Giants. You know, Houston is gettable. You know the Houston is gettable. But I mean it's.
Speaker 5: Gonna be a stretcher. It's gonna be tough for the Cowboys.
Speaker 6: I just want to know we're gonna look at the sheet of integrated before we make our picts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got.
Speaker 4: Will always be she'd have integrity never included.
Speaker 2: This is true.
Speaker 4: This multiple Miss Michael games and include knowing drawn Bland game.
Speaker 6: So you know, yeah, look at I need the Chat of Integrity to have that little fine print that you hear on those pharmaceutical commercials, all that little fast reading.
Speaker 2: They do at the end of the side of it. It may kill you, but.
Speaker 5: Yeah, may make claws bloated. All of that they call se shirts.
Speaker 2: You never know.
Speaker 5: If you find yourself.
Speaker 2: I don't think I want to take that.
Speaker 5: If your apparently point in time, call your doctor.
Speaker 4: So for those that don't know, on the players Lounge here brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. Before the season, we made picks and we put it on here. I called the Sheet of Integrity. So for this Philadelphia game, we all picked the Cowboys to win this game. I did all of us, all of us. Church, you had a double, I had a dog. We had to do all of us. And ironically, when you go on the road, we kind of changed things around a little bit. But you thought, hey man, they'll get this game here right now. According to the Sheet of Integrity, Barry, this would be back to back wins for the Cowboys, because you had them losing at San Francisco, winning in Atlanta, and winning against Philadelphia.
Speaker 5: I had him losing in.
Speaker 4: San Francisco, winning against Atlanta, beating Philadelphia. And when you had the same thing, you had the Cowboys losing it, losing San Francisco, beating Atlanta and and then winning here and then oh, by the way, we all had them losing.
Speaker 3: Next week against the tax on Monday Football.
Speaker 2: And I'm over.
Speaker 5: Rush.
Speaker 3: The sheet of integrity is.
Speaker 2: Rush Rush.
Speaker 6: You understand the word coming out of my Now, that's a classic, by.
Speaker 3: The way, Yeah, yeah, it is, it is.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 5: It ain't life, but it's a it's a classic, though, No, it's better than life.
Speaker 4: I got to tell you the story about how I got invited to that set one day.
Speaker 5: Did you go?
Speaker 2: This was like the first Rush Hour?
Speaker 5: And you ain't go?
Speaker 4: So this is outside, this is this is the forum, the old forms covering the Laker game. And as as the game ends, the celebs leave a little early, and so Chris Chris is walking.
Speaker 5: By and I just I love your stuff, man.
Speaker 4: Especially back in the Death Comedy Jamie did the Michael Jacks. Yeah, you know, of course the Friday movies. Good dude, just good friendly said hey, man, I'm working on a movie, man, come on down and check it out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I'll do that.
Speaker 4: And he said, no, I'm serious and anyway that movie turned out to be Russian.
Speaker 2: Jackie Channing at the man you might have had, you might have been the extra.
Speaker 5: Gonna know it, that man.
Speaker 2: Which what was the massage problem? Was out. The second one, that's my one, my favorite. It was better than the first one. In my veins.
Speaker 5: They're all good.
Speaker 2: All three of them are good.
Speaker 5: But the second one that you have so many clippable lines in.
Speaker 2: There, which one do? Y'all kick me?
Speaker 4: Chris Tucker, one of the underrated comedians of our our day, And all right, we have got our Yetti cool customer who has to be cool under pressure for the Cowboys they take on the Eagles this week, and we'll continue a debate that started on the previous show, Hanging with the Boys talking about quarterback play.
Speaker 5: Barry Well weigh in.
Speaker 3: With his quarterback you know, various quarterback opinions.
Speaker 5: It's been it's been rocky. It's been rocky, you know what I mean? But you know, about as good as Mike Tenements.
Speaker 2: All good but good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, has the golden Mike, the proud daddy in the house.
Speaker 3: Barry Church, the man who received the bags from shot time.
Speaker 2: This is true.
Speaker 4: I merely new he scrutch players not spot you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 9: Hey there, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 10: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 11: Prescott kitts it slides for the first down.
Speaker 10: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie. Crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 11: Perfect throw my goodness, Wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 9: It's the official JOm Men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now. Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 2: Are you the.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: To the players lounge.
Speaker 6: Heads at and T Stadium to experience Rally Days presented by seat Geek on Saturday, November the ninth, from ten am to two pm. Get ready to cheer on your Dallas Cowboys. With tours of AT and T Stadium, autographs from the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders, ticket giveaways, games, and more. Visit att stadium dot com slash Rally Days to get your tickets to date.
Speaker 4: Het Harrison appreciated Barry Sure, she's here for Cowboys safety shrugs.
Speaker 5: All right, the YETI cool customer?
Speaker 4: Who is the player that the Cowboys need to have performed at a cool level this week against the Philadelphia Eagles, a game which the Cowboys are not predicted to win.
Speaker 5: I will start first, Give me the offensive line. There it is there, it is if.
Speaker 4: If you're going to what you got big Fangio coming to town, big fan Joda Man and had the blueprint with this, figured out how to beat these Cowboys about three four years ago, ended up beating the Cowboys last year when he was DC in Miami. You have got to figure out how to block up these Eagles, especially up front.
Speaker 3: So the Yetti cool customer offensive line Church.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm with you on that.
Speaker 8: The Eagles, I believe the last six weeks led the National Football League in sacks. I mean, you got the two Georgia boys on the inside, Davis Carter, the Nolan Smith on the out side starting to come alive. I mean, their defensive line is it's rocking right now. The Kobe Dean on the second levels balling as well. So I with you as far as the offensive line. But for me, I'm gonna go Cooper Man. I'm gonna go Cooper Rush in this situation.
Speaker 2: Cooper Rush.
Speaker 8: He's got to be able, and he is a We've seen this guy do it in the past. Granted that officive line is playing a lot better in the past, but this is a guy that's got to get the ball out of his hands fast. I mean, we understand you cannot hold onto the ball. You're not the most athletic quarterback out there. So I don't want to try to get my guy out there trying to escape pass resident get the ball out of your hands quick. And that also comes with McCarthy calling plays that can get the ball out of his hand quick, whether it's screens, whether it's you know, slants to get the ball into your hands and your playmakers out there.
Speaker 5: But Cooper Rush, you've got to be the cool customer and.
Speaker 4: Don't be afraid to punt it, like if it's not there, throw the ball over, a pun it.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 8: We can't afford turning the football over and giving Jalen Hurson at offensive short field. So to me, it's got to be Cooper Rush with the yettie cool customer.
Speaker 6: All right, Well, my offensive line, I agree, Coop, Yeah, I agree. I want to go Jake Ferguson for my yet, because I believe that this Eagles linebacker corps may not be as strong as they are in some other areas on the defense, I think front line wise. I mean you said that the guys like Jayalen Carter, Jordan Davis, they are big upfront. Brandon Graham og still doing this, he still with me doing it. He's still doing this thing in the league. And I think you're gonna have to find some mismatches, uh in this defense to try and get the ball out. You know, Cooper, we're talking about quick game right now. Cooper Rush going to get the ball out of his hands. Who is a quarterback's best friend and that's a tight end, and I just feel like Jake Ferguson could really be that comfort blanket, that blanket of protection for him out of those short routes, especially in those when you need the change to move, you need your tight end to be good better than what he was for Dak. You know, he's got to be better than what he was.
Speaker 3: Jake Ferguson won of many cowboy players who.
Speaker 4: Has not had the season you thought, not had the season that you thought, and Jake Ferguson ended up having one of those days. You know, I take five for seventy five, five for eighty, That would that would help. What was the difference last year with ferd because we just saw him in so many different opportune whether he's lined up in a slot, they lined him up at number one in the red zone. He just had felt like he was moved around a lot last year and he was able to ball out.
Speaker 5: Like, what's been the difference in y'all opinion of why ferg just he just hasn't.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to figure it out.
Speaker 4: That's what's confusing to be Like, I'm trying to figure out why this man is not being split out?
Speaker 5: Why is he not a big time red zone threat.
Speaker 4: We saw last year when they was going to get safeties one on one, they put him on the outside. He was he was living out there in the red zones getting touchdowns.
Speaker 8: It's just confusing to me offensively why you wouldn't feature a guy like Ferg.
Speaker 5: I mean, he was attacking the scenes last year, destroying the scenes this match nightmare.
Speaker 4: This year we see him on a lot of you know, maybe a screen here, five yard hits there, like, nothing explosive down the field.
Speaker 5: And nothing like. That's one of his biggest characteristics.
Speaker 6: And I just feel like last season this offense had so much more to offer than you know, you had the run a game that at least you had a tinch of that. I mean, even if it was seventy we was complaining about seventy five eighty yards.
Speaker 2: Boy, I take seventy.
Speaker 6: Five eighty right now now, Yeah, I would take it today.
Speaker 2: We were complaining about that, man.
Speaker 6: But I think when you look at the way that CD and DAK started to connect, that's what made so many of those other positions easier. I think that's where you had better route concepts. For Brandon Cooks, who we missed we had so many other weapons that I think you could go to. And I think ferg was one of those guys that, even though team started the double team CD, you have to move some of your coverage over. You didn't respect his speed enough, so you put linebackers on him, and one on one with linebackers, he's a nightmare. But teams understand, like the concepts now, when you watch the Cowboys, just watch any video of them their offense, you recognize they're gonna force feed the ball into CD. When CD's not getting it done, then they're gonna try to push it to Ford. I mean that concept hadn't been working, and teams have been able to put a nickel on the tight end. They've been able to move some certain you know, things around to make life unbearable and the comfortable for him. When he's caught those screens, he by himself, he got two or three guys waiting on him. So it's like the offense isn't even open enough for a tight end of his caliber. I mean, unless he was I don't know, just to take some of the upper extelant tight ends in the league. He'd have to operate like those guys in order to see some success early in the season.
Speaker 5: I think there's two things at play.
Speaker 4: One former GM Mike Lombardi said, the Cowboys probably out said they outperformed last year. A lot of things went their way last year. And just look at this year's schedule, first play schedule, and then and without the depth that they have been able to play up to it this year.
Speaker 5: And then right now, the Cowboys don't do anything good.
Speaker 6: He said, we overachieved. We overachieved. Yeah, yeah, kind of like my life. Yeah, that's he thought.
Speaker 4: He thought last year, said you know, and sometimes you get you get the brakes that go your way.
Speaker 5: And they had the breaks.
Speaker 4: I mean, remember Philly started ten in one and then they went down the stretch of The Cowboys kept on going and and eaked out games and got it done.
Speaker 3: But they had a tough time beating good teams.
Speaker 4: They got to play a beat up Jets team and Giants, they got to beat those teams. And against the Buffaloes they had trouble. Miami, you had trouble.
Speaker 2: Trouble.
Speaker 5: So I can see what he's.
Speaker 4: Saying there, especially now that you've lost so much depth. But right now, offensively, the Cowboys don't do anything well, they don't block well, the receivers aren't getting separation. You can't run the football well, quarterback has been down here making too many mistakes. So when you look at Jake Ferguson, it's a how can you be good when you got all these things? All that's going on right there? It's tough for I mean, let's be honest. Offensively, what what are we looking at for the cow?
Speaker 5: Which? Maybe one Pro Bowl this year? Dyland Smith, that's probably maybe maybe that's amazing. I'm sure is gonna make it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, butter, yeah, that's.
Speaker 5: For sure, starting left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's about it about it.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 6: Ironically enough, when you go back to last season, the teams that you lost to were teams that could really run the ball. And that's still your achilles here. That's, like I said, it's one of those we say, oh, you didn't beat the big teams. No, you didn't beat the teams that could run the ball against you, the teams that beat you up in the trenches. And so this this season is just a carryover from that. And now not only not only are you weak against the run, you can't run the ball. So I mean all of those blaring deficiencies are showing up at one time, not over the course of a seventeen game season. Here there, you get the moonlight as a Super Bowl contender, then you come against the team making runs like, ah no, we ain't that we need to run a deep fish. Yeah, we need a better you know, better be able to stop the run up front. Things like that. I mean, we've seen it now. And it started literally from the Saints game, and we was like, okay, we just got to fix this.
Speaker 2: We gotta fit No.
Speaker 6: Then Baltimore came in and like completely kicked the TV off the stand.
Speaker 4: We said, it got get some run stop, you gotta get some help up front. You didn't fix it, And and them trying to sell us that Mazzie was.
Speaker 2: Going to start with limball.
Speaker 5: Joseph, well, he wasn't even the equation.
Speaker 2: Or some of these phillips.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, there's some of the guys they brought in there once again, somebody brought down there near the very end.
Speaker 4: But throughout the draft process and OTAs and many camps. He said, Mike Zimmer doesn't have his people. You didn't fix it. And I don't know why the general manager thought somehow that we can depend on Massie and something's gonna happen, or Mike zimmergool sprinkles and Pixie does didn't happen, and so here you go.
Speaker 3: Now it's worse what you were even to hold on to.
Speaker 5: And because you had depth to make it work. Now you got a first play schedule.
Speaker 4: You don't have the depth you had, and Vic Fangiol's blueprint is out there, run on.
Speaker 5: And your players ain't playing like your stars ain't starring.
Speaker 12: Like That's what it comes down through, too. Like your secondary pieces they ain't doing too good. But your stars ain't starring man even when they was fully healthy. What do we see from Parsons? You know what do we see from Diggs?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 6: I saw I saw it, and looking back looking back at Parsons, I see a guy that's playing in a new system and it doesn't favor him. I see a lot of these guys the system not favoring them at all. I see them trying to figure it out. We've we've talked about this countless times on the show, and when it comes down to MASSI sometimes when it comes down to first round draft picks, teams don't want to be wrong. Baltimore is very few teams in the NFL that will cut bait on the first round.
Speaker 2: Very few.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say cut bait on year two, especially with the contractors guy.
Speaker 5: But starting no, that was my.
Speaker 6: Thing, because I mean, that would be saying we were wrong.
Speaker 2: We were We were.
Speaker 6: Wrong, and it is proven you seeing the weekend and week out that they wrong. All right, But but that's admitting, that's admitting that I was wrong.
Speaker 4: But we all knew they needed more help than him, and and that you shouldn't trust time prove of this. You and I said, you you said trust a guy that shouldn't show.
Speaker 3: You think I mean to do lost weight? Big boy lost weight?
Speaker 2: Yeah he did. It ain't so bad.
Speaker 4: Right, So then you know, how was it? We don't know how was you weig in the camp. We don't want to talk about. It was just you just saw it didn't It didn't. It didn't pass the smell test and didn't come game day. It didn't work. But you didn't go draft reinforcements to go address the problem. You didn't fix it in free agency. And I thought.
Speaker 3: That was that was a part of basically, it's a part of the lie you to yourself.
Speaker 6: And how do we not do that again, How do we not make another draft mistake like that again? By because obviously the hope was when you bought a man based off of how you got eliminated from the playoffs the previous year, that you needed a run stop, you needed somebody better than the guy that you had in there that could help you internally in the middle of the field. And so you went out and got what you thought was that and it turned out that it wasn't all.
Speaker 2: Right, that ain't but you've done it.
Speaker 6: But we have proof time proof inconsistency to go back through other drafts where it's like, Okay, you had hope that this guy was going to be that he was going to pan out, and he didn't pan out to be that, and then you finally had to give up on that dude. And it's not like you hit the mark every time on draft picks. Please don't don't get me wrong with that. But at the same time, when you miss and you have to stay with a guy that you know internally he's costing you. And with Philadelphia come into town, with Sakuon come to town, I promise you the a gap between the center and the guard. They are going to test you. They're going to test you. They're gonna run in that area because they understand the way that their offensive line is set up that that's pretty much the strength in between these guys. And then oh, by the way, they got a Hall of Famer sitting out there the right tackle that they can't wait to get running downhill on one of your linebackers. And so that that and that's why I was saying, like people were saying before in free agency when it came and went that one guy wasn't gonna be able to help you. And I'm like, no, I just need one dude that don't get pushed out the cut.
Speaker 2: Hit me one guy.
Speaker 6: Gimme one guy that can give me some gap integrity right here so that Eric Kendricks can scrape, so that Demarvia overshown. Can you know, blow this play up behind the line of scrimmage because we have a lot of talent that we're not even really seeing their full potential because they're trying to get through the wash.
Speaker 4: The Michigan dude, say, use the first round pick on Mazi, second round pick on school Worker.
Speaker 5: Three snaps in the past two games for Schoolmaker.
Speaker 6: Come on, Man, that's admitting. That's admitting that there might be admitting. That might be admitting you were wrong. That might be the first admission that you were wrong. When you see those snaps are is he hurts? You know that might be dreams. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Three snaps, man, benefit of the doubt, trying to give it right. Guys.
Speaker 5: They last college game that got beat by TCU. So Michigan, Man, what's the labor taco? Taco?
Speaker 2: Come on, I don't be like that, Jordan Lewis, Georgia, Michigan, come on, ja.
Speaker 6: So starting in the third round, you can go, don't go, don't go down, guys. But Michigan has a really good defense. Attack man, I know what you're talking about. I don't want to hear that defensive Michigan. I don't want to hear.
Speaker 2: I hate to say. Man, to tell you, the draft shows about to start and they gotta be talking.
Speaker 6: They were saying the same thing. Man, you can't move. He's a movable object in there. He's a freaking white t's on. Every time you try to get up in there.
Speaker 5: It's like you hear.
Speaker 2: I just like to help people.
Speaker 6: Out the gym, man, I just tell you that maybe maybe he's different. Don't tell you, don't man, how it goes for me one, Shame on on you.
Speaker 5: He's president. Shame on you for me twice.
Speaker 6: You know, can't get from again. Don't do it, man, don't do it man. D T for Michigan, baby Man.
Speaker 4: I don't know if the fan base could take that. He from He's a Michigan dude to reality. Hudson's a Michigan Michigan.
Speaker 2: I don't want to mistake him, say Michigan State.
Speaker 5: No, that's a Michigan Michigan.
Speaker 2: There's there are.
Speaker 3: Good NFL plays for me.
Speaker 5: There are.
Speaker 4: There are first and second round, finish mission, thriving in the league, work.
Speaker 5: You're in the Sea one this weekend and Brandon ground.
Speaker 2: Talking about a beef.
Speaker 4: Yeah, first and second round of some Missigon have been good. We've seen some of them play. It's just you don't go back. I'm thinking on Brayland that one.
Speaker 8: He wasn't.
Speaker 5: He wasn't like I mean, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Think Tyrone Wheatley was okay, you.
Speaker 5: Know, Okay, Leroy Hoard was okay.
Speaker 2: We gotta go to Charles Woodson. We're gonna.
Speaker 6: What guys, what's my guy on College Game Day.
Speaker 5: Cool, he.
Speaker 4: Won a Super Bowl MVP. But with Washington took him, right, Yeah, Washington took him. He was not that guy guy that they thought he was gonna be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what want that? I can't. I can't do that one with you. Yeah, outside of I don't know out side of that, guys.
Speaker 3: Bottom line.
Speaker 4: Take another if you take another front seventh player from Michigan fans, it might be a revolt when they go to green Bay. They go to Green Bay, and then I was thinking another Michigan defensive tackle. Man, I mean, I don't know, Man, remember when that well, you don't remember when Evan he's an Acuba Benieza caught that. Hell because Greg Ellis wasn't Randy Moss. They ain't been to Carolina since.
Speaker 5: For nobody d t.
Speaker 6: For Jesse, Jesse DT get Jesse drafting. They did get a shout out to my man, Holly, but that's you're right. They did go right back there. But these Acaba.
Speaker 4: Folks was like, stay away from Chapel Hill, not happy the basketball school.
Speaker 5: She got caught out of there.
Speaker 2: To catch a heck exactly, thank you man.
Speaker 4: Second round, not on the defensive line, not on this is a line.
Speaker 2: These alumni bases are gonna go crazy. Guys.
Speaker 4: You just said you take another dude, your tight end front seven right here between the offensive defensive line.
Speaker 2: Don't do it. Don't know.
Speaker 5: Fans don't want to hear.
Speaker 2: Just from the just because of the school. You could have had DJ.
Speaker 4: White, could have had t J who was the big ten defensive player the but you went. You went with well Rod Marynelli wanted to talk. Let me make sure get Roy. They listened to the coach. Coach said this guy fits the skin. Yeah, you got the old ride man, rod Man. He put the put a d Q on us. Man took all the people. Man people.
Speaker 2: Hey told the lineback, you don't want to sign here this year. I'm gonna go to Washington next year. That come on, yeah, come on.
Speaker 6: Here over there, the fifteen fifteen sixteen year old, fifteen sixteen year vet looking like he just got to the league.
Speaker 2: Man, lineback and core is amazing. It's really got.
Speaker 6: I got yeah, all strong dollar hopping over casts, taking pixt it out.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, I apologize y'all, me and my man I had it wrong. Man out there to the gatorade buckets. Man, let's imagine that.
Speaker 5: Let's take it. Let's take a break. Do you need to pick this game? And you need to pick this game?
Speaker 4: And we did promise we'd pick up on a little conversation hanging with the boys to do that.
Speaker 5: Next one.
Speaker 3: I knew Strut plays Aristocrat gaming on Dallas Cowboy Stocking.
Speaker 2: Hey, Danny mcraig here for Smoothie King.
Speaker 7: You know every great workout deserves a great reward, so treat yourself right with new coconut smoothie bowls made with real fruit, crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola, creamy coconut, and top with the chocolate, hazel nut or honey drizzle with two new flavors. It's perfect for you and the workout buddy, so you both can stay on track even after you leave the track. Scoop up new coconut smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 13: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated Colster cane cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot Com. Check it out today. Yeti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 14: To kick off the twenty twenty four NFL season, Boss teamed up with the Cowboys and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection. The Boss Cowboys collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a Boss. Arriving just in time for the start of the season, the distinctive attire from the latest Boss Cowboys expansion offers sports officionados and true bosses the chance to show their team spirit and style. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo, Boss Hugo, Boss dot Com and Boss Retail hashtag beer on Boss.
Speaker 11: Raising Caines presents the other Rules of Football.
Speaker 2: Rule one.
Speaker 11: Any broadcast without the express edition of Cook to Order Caine's Chicken Fingers is prohibited.
Speaker 5: Rule twelve.
Speaker 11: No crinkle cut fries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation and Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Caines when it comes to winning game Day. Caine's rules raising Cane's chicken fingers one love Go.
Speaker 1: Cowboys to the Players Lounge.
Speaker 6: Witness the biggest boxing event modern history at Netflix and MVPs. Paul Versus Tyson and Taylor Versus Serrano head to AT and T Stadium on Friday, November the fifteenth as international superstar Jake Paul takes on the baddest man on the planet, Mike Tyson and don't miss Katie Taylor and a man of Serrano's longer waited rematch for the undisputed super lightweight Championship. Limited tickets are available now see geek dot com, the official ticketing partner of a T and T Stadium.
Speaker 3: He Maharison, thank you very much, all right, Barry Church Lad.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, sir, yes he went to the G League.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 2: Development.
Speaker 5: Going on your head, Coach is a trip out there. J J.
Speaker 3: Red gonna call out everybody but Lebron.
Speaker 5: He's playing the game.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 5: He only want to know.
Speaker 6: Man better better. Try to keep this m nor what side your bread is butter though, don't mess that up. He lets Lebron tell you told me under the bus to that that's you your ass. Hey, Lebron, we're gonna send Brian that is it?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, okay, you straight no road games right now, just be all right here and go down and wrote.
Speaker 2: But he he is gonna get more work in the G League than he. They're gonna work the work.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'll tell you that.
Speaker 2: It's some dogs. It's just some dogs in the G League.
Speaker 6: You got a lot of guys that are on those ten day those contracts, been trying to get an opportunity to get back up to the big time. I mean, these are guys that were on those college campuses, that were all American, all this, that can't didn't get their opportunity, that's been hanging out in G League. When Bronnie come down, that's gonna be a what highlight, real highlight.
Speaker 2: You're you're a two guard or one man a point you can't wait to see Brunnie. So he gonna have more.
Speaker 6: Hell in the G League than he ever would have had in the league. Do they play a lot of ICEO bad? Yeah, hell yeah, it'll push him up. You talking about six three points and two guards and oh man, it's dog Wait to that, wait till that tape come back. And G League they don't know them. Hey, they don't know lebron. They don't care, they don't care. But you got a guy here, Brandon Williams plays for the Texas Legends. He is Kyrie's twin. You take Kyrie, give him another face, give him another name.
Speaker 2: This is this dude.
Speaker 6: He is like that Bronnie on him. How he would how he would destroy him? And this is a guy that can't even crack a lineup in the NBA and this dude can.
Speaker 2: Shoot the lights out.
Speaker 6: So, man, this might not go as they playing, and better not televised those games either.
Speaker 2: Don't you televised that?
Speaker 6: But but this, so I will say this, if Bunny make it through the G League, if if Brunnie show, that may make him a better player. Straight up. If you see a spark with Brannie in the G League, oh yeah, he's gonna be all right, Yeah, he'll be all right, all.
Speaker 4: Right, quick thing here before we get ready to we gotta pick these games and hit the road. Hanging with the boys, had the question top three quarterbacks in the NFL.
Speaker 6: Particular order or just top three home? Yeah, two and three Lamar and Joe Burr. Lamar is your two? Lamar is my two? Yes, and Joe Burrow is your three?
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 6: Okay, just just flip mine Joe Burr and Lamar Joe Brow You know, yes, you just flipped mine.
Speaker 2: I get that, get that.
Speaker 8: We're talking about whole body of work or just this it's just this whole body, whole body, Okay, yeah, yeah, body of work.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, I'm saying whole body of work, that whole body. Yeah, okay, I would go with those three. Joe's been super Bowl. And I also don't think that his head coaches, you know that good?
Speaker 5: Thank thembout that team. Yeah, he's like a level above calling what.
Speaker 2: What hate is our?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 2: Welcome to the player?
Speaker 5: All second, Johnson, Welcome that I'm playing.
Speaker 2: Hey, this ball not of nowhere.
Speaker 5: Kellen's got it, got it straight.
Speaker 2: But it's all good.
Speaker 5: It's all good man. All right.
Speaker 3: We gotta pick games here, we gotta pick games.
Speaker 5: We gotta pick games.
Speaker 2: What do you have man, what's the record, Chris? All right, the record?
Speaker 15: Of course you'd ask for the record because you are in first place by one game.
Speaker 5: So just let's let's just pup it is.
Speaker 2: You're thirty two and twenty three.
Speaker 15: And then we have a tie for second thirty one and twenty four with New end Church coming back.
Speaker 5: Did you add last week's game, man, that was in the Kansas City whatever?
Speaker 15: Anyways, not on this is she didnteger All, let's.
Speaker 2: Get to it.
Speaker 15: San Francisco travels across the country to Tampa Bay. Tampa Bay is dogs by six and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give me San Fran. They getting everybody back, the Avengers.
Speaker 8: Christian McCaffrey, give me to give me San France twenty four, twenty one.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go San Fran and this one also, I'm gonna pick close to that twenty. I'm gonna go twenty five, twenty five to twenty.
Speaker 5: Uh San Francisco thirty one. I need to jump on twenty two one of these, man, I need to old Dug Well, you're in the least.
Speaker 15: He should always pick first, all right, So New England at Chicago Chicago is favored by six.
Speaker 2: Yo at Chicago.
Speaker 5: That Chicago.
Speaker 2: Yes, what you got had man, Chicago is a dumpster fire right now. It is bad.
Speaker 6: Rookie quarterback, I am going to go with New England thirteen ten. I'm going ugly game thirteen ten guitar.
Speaker 8: Hell, give me Chicago, Give me Chicago seventeen thirteen.
Speaker 2: Let's go, shout out to Flues.
Speaker 3: Give me Chicago winning it on a field goal twenty one to twenty.
Speaker 5: That's the comeback right there.
Speaker 15: It is, Okay, Pittsburgh at Washington. Washington's everybody two and a half at home.
Speaker 8: Let's ride, man, give me Pittsburgh, me Pittsburgh and this one. Twenty four seventeen.
Speaker 2: You good. Wait a minute, Washington's at Pittsburgh.
Speaker 5: No, Pittsburgh's at Washington.
Speaker 2: Give me Washington all day. He'll scroll the ground. Let's go.
Speaker 6: I'm going twenty eight seventeen. Russ turned back into Russ. Russ turned back into Russ. Ain't back to Pumpkin status.
Speaker 5: Ain't seeing TJ.
Speaker 2: Whtt Man, No, they haven't.
Speaker 5: Alex high Smith, ain't boys, ma'am. What you got that's right? I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: People think of Latimore is what it ain't.
Speaker 5: Baltimore is the only think He's playing. He stays man only got learn to plays.
Speaker 15: He ain't in Buffalo at Indianapolis, Indianapolis's dog by three at home.
Speaker 8: Give me Pixie Dust all day. Give me Buffalo. Yeah, I'm going thirty to twenty one.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go be low. I'm gonna go be low. Twenty seven, twenty seven fourteen. It's gonna be a battle.
Speaker 5: The cap was not playing right.
Speaker 3: Nah, Richison should meet his way out the lineup.
Speaker 2: Too tired, parently.
Speaker 5: With too tired Buffalo.
Speaker 4: Yo twenty boy o boy knew he got his gotta ja.
Speaker 5: Just the j E t s.
Speaker 2: Just just just prace.
Speaker 15: At Arizona, the Redbirds. Redbirds are underdogs by one and a half at home.
Speaker 8: No give me Kylo Man, give me call of duty. You've been playing. Let me get call of duty.
Speaker 15: Hey, the new game just came out. It's gonna be fresh.
Speaker 2: It did twenty eight, twenty four. This is this is a tough one.
Speaker 6: I'm like, you know what, I'm gonna go jets on this down one Yeah, I'm down three jets.
Speaker 2: I'm going jets. I'm going jets.
Speaker 6: Give me twenty oh man this twenty three, twenty three to twenty in Arizona. In Arizona, Coyler Call of.
Speaker 5: Duty twenty six twenty.
Speaker 15: All right, Detroit at the Red Look, Houston, Texans. Have you seen the new jerseys for Houston? Cold already with a red chrome? Man that jerseysad Houston.
Speaker 5: Houston is a dog three and a half at home.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm going to Detroit all day long. I will go twenty five sixteen on this. Yeah, give me Detroit thirty five seventeen.
Speaker 5: Oh, give me a Detroit thirty five twenty eight. All right.
Speaker 15: The Miami Dolphins travel across the country to the La Rams by the soul Rams are favored by one at home on the West Coast.
Speaker 8: Give me the Rams staff at Pooka. No, I think Pooka back. Yeah, yeah, give me Pooka now, man, I'm twenty four fourteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give me the Rams. I'm gonna go that way. I will go twenty six twenty.
Speaker 15: We got rams at where no Miami La Rams. So Miami has to travel across the country.
Speaker 16: Coach so, coach so out there doing his thing in Hollywood. Put the glasses two out there mixing it up, doing his thing. What man, I'm just stealed from you heck my twenty six to twenty.
Speaker 15: M and the last one we got the Philadelphia Boo Birds at the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas's dog's seven points at.
Speaker 2: Seven points out. Yeah give me seven points.
Speaker 8: Yeah, give me Philly seven points Philly twenty seven one.
Speaker 5: Really twenty seven twenty one, he said.
Speaker 3: Thirty six twenty Jalen hurts the c dog killing Moore.
Speaker 8: Putting points up, Maybe trying to pull a d CA. Let's go try and pull a game more gay more putting points up?
Speaker 2: Baby, what you got. Don't do it? Man, Yeah, I know me, don't do it.
Speaker 5: You hate them Eagles?
Speaker 6: No, yah know you gotta lead right now. It ain't nowhere. Sacrifices got to be made. I sacrifice ain't nowhere. Hell, there's no way I can pick the Philadelphia Eagles is no way. So I'm going Cowboys, Cowboys at home twenty seven twenty cut up. That's a lot, all right.
Speaker 2: You made me.
Speaker 6: Twenty salmon like I said when to Salmon twenty seven twenty one.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: So no VIC fans of your blueprint brokenness.
Speaker 2: No Cooper rush baby, new light, rush new light.
Speaker 5: Tyler guy can gonna block somebody, Yes, holding.
Speaker 2: There's no way. Y'all know that I can't pick You know I can't pick Philly. There's no way. It's impossible. Can't do it, won't do it.
Speaker 4: Maharrison got out, send us out, come on it up your team way, let's go.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.