Speaker 1: This episode of Bustle with the Boys. The Boys is presented by Barstool Sports.
Speaker 2: You see the little one jersey in the back, dude, Taylor, Hey, you can tell has been recently put up.
Speaker 3: Yeah sad, you know.
Speaker 2: And that thing has been in a tuppleware, stuffed in the closet. Look at that.
Speaker 1: It doesn't look wrinkly.
Speaker 2: I got to make sure I get it.
Speaker 3: So there there you go, right there over my shoulder, always watching, always watching, judging, looking, Look at the baby, Look at the baby.
Speaker 2: Look at the baby, Look at the baby. Nice already started off with an old school reference. And they put my blue blockers on to save my eyes. We're living.
Speaker 3: What a get up you got going right now? I got the where do you get your mask? On? Obviously for the reason.
Speaker 2: Just in case somebody comes to my house right now? Never know, I'm ready to go. I got to open the package. Never know, you need to rob somebody. Boom right there. Life's easy, man, life's easy out here in Nashville, Tennessee. Bro what you're at Incinnita's right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I'll be in Incinnita's for a long time.
Speaker 2: So what's the deal. So okay, anyone who's joining us right now. By the way, you're on. If this is it, we.
Speaker 1: Kind of just we we're doing it.
Speaker 2: We just gone. You're on the podcast now. Congratulations. This must be six Pro Bowls, Hall of Fame career. This has got to be top five for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is probably. I mean, I'm I've actually been wanting to be on the show since he started it, but I never got the invite. So a little bit from for a loop there, I thought, maybe you know.
Speaker 1: Joe, you've known about the show for a minute.
Speaker 3: You know, we never actually hung out either. If you were supposed to hang out all off season last year, probably it plans like nine different times and just never felt kept on falling through.
Speaker 2: Listen. I did a podcast yesterday with Chase Rice and I me and Will had to go in on him for big timing us. Oh they don't even start, they don't even start. And he took it on the chin. And he took it on the chin. Did I big time you?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because because you're you're here, You're here in the office, Limon World, I'm somewhere sears.
Speaker 3: Jersey is hanging up right here at the seventh.
Speaker 2: What you just now?
Speaker 3: No, No, this has been this is my office right here, and this.
Speaker 2: Is an office of helmets and Progo stuff, and then my jersey hanging over right in the middle. Yep, it's proud of you.
Speaker 1: He's proud of you.
Speaker 2: It's crazy out here.
Speaker 3: Let me if I do, if I do say so, Like if I played, if I was a rookie again, I would definitely have chosen seventy seven. That's the best lineman number.
Speaker 2: I think it really is. I appreciate you saying that, you.
Speaker 3: Know, because you don't think about it too, because like you have a lot of surface area that's being covered that you need to be covered by the number and seven fourth kind of like spread out, and so it was always like weird on my stomach and it looked weird.
Speaker 4: And seventy seven is kind of nice linear lines on the offensive line kind of it's like the Nike symbol. Honestly, exactly.
Speaker 2: It's just it was exactly what it is.
Speaker 3: Always promoting. You're you're a marketer's dream.
Speaker 2: I tell you what, dude, I'm sponsored by very few things, but I'll sell my fucking soul for those things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you wouldn't You wouldn't guess it either. I mean you do you do look like a guy that is promoting everything at all times?
Speaker 2: Do I actually look like that? I'm thinking, so things are taking it. I was in a rant, I had something going. I had to say this.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 2: Did you do be trying to hang out several times last off season? Yes? Did it fall through every single time? Yes? Was it my fault every single time? Yes? It was. I'm keeping my head above water. I got young, I got a young kid. I'm just trying to figure out life. I'm not established like you. I don't got that. I can make all the excuses in the world. I fucked up. Look me in the eyes.
Speaker 3: They take them, take those things off real quick. Let me see.
Speaker 5: Get closer, Get closer, Taylor, get closer to the camera.
Speaker 3: But h okay, I accepted, accept the apology.
Speaker 2: Yes, so that's it's important. It's important. Listen, if I let will down, whatever, you know what I'm saying. If I let you down, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know what you're saying. That that's your that's your that's your guy right there.
Speaker 1: You can't I'll tell you what, Taylor. Taylor is not that loyal. Taylor is not that loyal.
Speaker 5: Don't you fucking dare Hey, say when we get done like privately, but hey man, you know you know your but publicly he'll just shame the ship out of me. Dude, Hey man, you know, like you know, you can take jokes, You're good at taking jokes.
Speaker 2: Well, that's not what I say. I'm actually though, I Will have most Will has a sexual fetish. He needs people to verbally assault him.
Speaker 1: This is it, these are my words. That's not what I want. That's not what I want.
Speaker 2: Dude, Hey Will, you're a piece of ship. Hey, Will, go fund yourself. Like this is all due that I don't want to do this. I have to do this for him. I'm being a good friend. If anything, I'm the most loyal friend person in Will's life to date, including his fiance, including his parents.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a strong and that's a strong claim right there.
Speaker 2: See I had I had both of you guys talking. I'm gonna need I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: Ahead, Joey, did you say no.
Speaker 3: I was just saying that you're that entrench and you're that loyal of a friend that you know those deep dark secrets about him, And so that's how deep it goes with you guys. Right.
Speaker 2: I just know, I know that he needs that verbal assault. Some people need it. That's that fires people up. This he gets people going in the morning. And if I have to wake up every morning and do it, so will I will.
Speaker 1: It's a phenomenal pod so far. It's a phenomenal pod so far.
Speaker 2: Just talking ship, just spitballing, not having anything.
Speaker 1: That's the bus though, Bro, that's busting with the boys.
Speaker 2: That's just what we do.
Speaker 1: Dude, I'll tell you, you look like you lost some pounds already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like two sixty. I'm like super proud too, because I'm like that guy that that weird guy like just discovered that I'm a vegan and I'm telling every single person about it in the whole world. So I'm like anybody that asks is like, hey, what are you doing, I'm like, dude, I'm working out, pelotoning, I'm losing weight. Like you want to see a picture, look at this.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you who said the bar though, is Joe Thomas.
Speaker 2: Hey, he ripped, ripped.
Speaker 3: He's the reason why I'm like trying. I'm like always, I'm always just one step behind in my whole entire career.
Speaker 2: That son of a bitch, dude, son of a bitch.
Speaker 3: It wasn't for Joe Thomas, my career accolades would have looked so different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you think about it, like he played for the Browns. I don't think he had a winning season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did have more team success, but individual accolades. Joe Thomas set the bar very high in that regard.
Speaker 2: So when when you retired, now that you've retired, like you don't have to be like the team, like like I don't know if you know who both Schambickler is, but a Michigan it's always the team, the team, the team. That was just ba I'm from Michigan. Course, yeah, I know, but you went to Central Michigan so enough. No, hey, hey listen, you're a six time Pro Bowl But if you doubled mine.
Speaker 3: I became good enough. But at the time I was the ships coming on in high school.
Speaker 2: So you know, both Shemicker the team, team and team. Like it's like when you retire now, is it like, well, you know, yeah, team success is cool, but like what about all my accolades? Are you kind of wish you did a little more individual stuff?
Speaker 3: No? No, you know, because I think you play football obviously, it's nice to be recognized for like all the hard work and like what you're doing individually, but especially as alignment. It's like you're just kind of in train. And my mentality was never like I'm going to do what I can and make sure everybody notices me, because that kind of mentality. I just once I got in the NFL and we had started having like successful seasons, I wanted nothing more than to keep that train rolling because that feeling of like the locker room feel like going through a season, playing in playoff games, you know, playing for games that actually matter. It can't replicate that with anything. So you know, I'm most proud of, like, you know, being in the playoffs, winning playoff games every time we were there, you getting the super Bowl twice. Those are experiences that I'll have for the rest of my life. And you know, obviously wouldn't want to win, but you know, this wasn't in the cards for me personally, but you know, the individual accolades or or whatever, you know, I was the one thing that I was kind of proud of was the All Decade team just because that was more.
Speaker 1: Like a cool.
Speaker 3: So sick just like a career that was like a career, uh, you know, achievement kind of like just people appreciating what I've done for my whole career. But as far as like individual seasons, no, it was cool. It's cool going to like the Pro Bowl and stuff, just because I get to you know, that's how I got introduced to you meet a lot of different kind of cool people, stay in touch and just kind of meet different people because I'm not man, I played for one team my whole career, so I wasn't like making friends all across the league from you know, getting to see different people and to meet different people from different backgrounds all that stuff. So it was a cool opportunity to kind of go down there and you know, meet some of these guys that you watch on TV that you think are amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you being uh, you being on like one team your whole career, Like I feel like everybody wants that. Everybody wants to play for the same team, wants to.
Speaker 3: Was that that you're on that course? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Man, you never know. I might get cut tomorrow all that. You never know what's gonna happen. I might say one dumb thing on this podcast. It's all gonna be over for me. I'll be knocking on the door of San Francisco.
Speaker 3: I think they've accepted it, and I think you're a head. Coach welcomes it as well, speaking of her head and talk about him having the guy that was shipping in the corner at the.
Speaker 2: He said it, he said it was it was Tyler, his son.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did he that was his son? Did he know?
Speaker 2: He goes, it's Tyler. He's not shiitting, He's sitting on a bar stol. All I did was send him the picture of oh, he Oh, it's Tyler, He's sitting on the bar stool, and in my head him like, I feel that it's a little weird that you were already ready for that answer the minute I said to you you you were like he was on defense mode right away.
Speaker 5: Well, I think everybody was probably hitting him up because I hit him up too, Like, yo, is he He said, no, it's Tyler.
Speaker 1: He's just taking a ship.
Speaker 2: He's not taking a ship on a stool.
Speaker 5: Hey, but have you seen him on barstool feud with us? The dude is the dude is drafting. The draft was going on, it was happening, and he was playing barstool feud with his family. Feud edition the Barstool World and playing with us while the draft is happening. So Rave's definitely like about the boys. Dude, he's about He's about this stuff.
Speaker 2: It's so funny too, because if you anytime I talked to him, I swear to God, the guy hates me. And then he goes. He comes on our podcast, he does barstool feud. But when I'm in like I was in Ota meetings today and like, sure enough he pops on the zoom meeting because we're doing zooms and he's like, take a hood off, like he's on me. He's about it right away, Like he gets on the boy quite a bit. But you never know, man, John, John and Vrabel are like. John's very like I think a lot like the Patriots, where he's like, doesn't like guys being too loud or too obnoxious. And I think John has just learned to accept my personality, my rambunctious, outgoing personality and founding like not necessarily a need for it. But he's he's, uh, I guess appreciated it up to a point. But I think there's been a few times I've towed the line a little bit.
Speaker 3: That's your personality. That's part of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt. But you're talking about you're done with the Pro Bowl and like meeting people. It's like I was telling will about this the other day, like how I got your jersey, and I remember because like, dude, like I've I've told you this before. I've looked up to you since I got into the NFL, like watching guys like you, Joe Thomas, Trent Williams, Tyron Smith, like those dudes that have been like at the top of their game for a while. You watch those guys and you're just like, what are they up to? What are they doing? So I get there, I think it's like what two years ago it was my it was my third Pro Bowl? It was your fifth or sixth?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my last one probably, I don't I don't make it for the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: So is your six Pro Bowl? And I remember I came up to you. We were talking a little bit, chatting up, and I was like, man, I love be one of your jerseys, and You're like, yeah, for sure. And then I left alone for a day. I was like, all right, he's gonna do it. He's gonna send it over Because people who don't know and there's NFC locker rooms and AFC locker rooms. They're right next to each other, but like, you don't wantly go on the other one. And we came back from practice one day I was like, man, I gotta I got to put put the ball in his court. So I went and signed my own jersey. I put it over your chair and there just crossed my fingers. From from then on, like, man, I hope, I hope to God I get a daily jersey and you delivered.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course I would.
Speaker 2: I was very happy, very proud of that.
Speaker 3: I've had some really interesting exchanges over the years with people with that, like Richie Incognito. I have one of his helmets actually right there, and I had I think. All he wrote was like I love you have my babies, Richie Incognito.
Speaker 2: I got Richie signed a helmet for me and it literally says I made you. You owe me everything, Richie. At least it's original.
Speaker 3: I'm not that witty to come up with something like that creative on this spot or like that shocking. That's it's like, hey, man, all the best, well wishes, Yeah, appreciate you in your career.
Speaker 2: Joe.
Speaker 5: For the first time I met him, he was like, oh, you're that undersized backer from the Redskins.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, He's like, you know how to fucking kill you?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: He Nebraska boys, He's like, yeah, Nebraska.
Speaker 1: The dude is hilarious.
Speaker 3: Man. That guy's a wild guy.
Speaker 2: He's a he's a wild animal, no doubt. He needs some tranquilizes every once in a while. But he's a good dude. He means, well, oh yeah, that's all.
Speaker 3: You get very very shocked because I heard stories about him throughout the years, and meeting him for the first time, I was very shocked at how like down to earth and nice and but he's like he has a different side of him, and he likes to party parties.
Speaker 2: Exactly. It's all about It's all about having that bounce, right, Like everybody likes to get down, have a couple of drinks, extracurriculous, whatever you're into, dude, you want. But you know, I think he finds a good balance. I think during the season he was really a job of calming it down for sure. Oh yeah, but so you retire for four days, dude, what's how did that? Like? There was like a rumor because I know Mike Sullivan and you know Sloley pretty well, right, Yeah, so so so he's always been a big fan of you, and he's always preaching about how much better you are than me to me, which is always really fun. Yeah, but he was saying something to me like you there was a rumor going around, no question, there's a rumor going around that you were gonna, like you were saying about retire a few years ago before that your new coach came in. Is that true? And how that why'd you decide to stay if it was?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So we had just got done with two and fourteen year it was miserable, we were making a coaching change, kind of gutted the whole entire franchise. I knew there was gonna be a huge turnaround, not even just from the coaching staff, but this roster. And I was excited about Kyle coming in because I had heard so much good things about him when he was in Atlanta. You know, they just came off with a Super Bowl appearance, and so I was excited about him coming in. But I just didn't know like how long it was going to take. And then my body at that time, I was dealing with a lot of knee stuff. And you know, when you're dealing with like chronic knee pain, it just feels like it's never going to end. You know. It's just like, oh god, my knees hurt every single day just getting in my position and coming out of my stance and like all this stuff like lifting, you know, I was getting trained, and yeah, it's just everything. It's just taxing. And so it's just like, all right, is this going to be a huge rebuild? You know, my body is really hurt, and I still want to play football, but like, you know, I want to talk to these guys first and kind of make a decision. So that was about at the extent of it. And then once I met Kyle and John and kind of like set me down, I was just and then we went to nine and and then I was like what am I doing here? But then then we turn it around, and then then then they're awesome. Man. They're just like an unbeievable staff and and John John has done a tremendous job too, like bringing in guys that like love football, you know, so one thing to have guys that are like really really talented. But he did a great job of like not only finding those guys, but piecing together a roster that was like full of dude, they're just excited about coming to work and playing the game of football and getting better and you know they might not have like Rahm raheem are running back like dominated the end of the end of the season for us, and he was a special teams dude that was just like really content on being a special team's ace for us. And then he would get a couple of carries here and there in practice, but he was never one of those guys that complained about like, man, I'm a running back, I think they'd be getting the ball more. It was like, Hey, I'm a gunner and I'm gonna be the best gunner I can be. So they had finally he found like a lot of guys like that that just make football fun. And it was really funny too because they when I first met with him, they this is like exactly what they told me. They're like, we're gonna bring these the players and then it's going to be a huge turnaround, and it's going to be the guys that you I think are built like and that you want to be around, and we're going to do a really good job of trying to identify all those people, and then you know, the first year is not going to go well. And in the second year, hopefully we'll get a quarterback in here and then things will kind of turn around a little bit for us. But that third year is really going to be the year we kind of think we're going to take off. And it was like exactly what they told me three years ago. It was like what happened for Oh, how.
Speaker 5: Is how involved is John in like around like the team environment, not in the locker room, but just around the players and stuff around you guys a lot.
Speaker 3: Just being oh yeah, yeah, he's always in there. I mean he's always in the locker room, he's in the meeting rooms. He speaks a lot to like the team meetings and stuff and guys, really, I mean it's one thing to have the general manager in there, you know, because if he's not a player, but because it's John Lynch and he was a player, it's really high level. For a long time. You know, guys really respect his opinion on like how do we approach this week, and you know, his input on uh, you know, different things that we have to focus on. I mean, he's really prevalent in that locker room and he does a great job. He's not just like a figurehead. I mean he's really involved in everything.
Speaker 2: M hm. Three. So three years down, three years on the road, you're you're sitting there and you're like, oh nine, fuck my life. The next year is pretty decent. We got Jimmy g that offseason right that second year, cam In No.
Speaker 3: We got Jimmy the first year in the trade so we went oh and nine and then we made a trade right at the trade deadline, and then Jimmy sat for like three or four weeks he had to learn the offense. And then the last five games he sat for like two weeks, and then like the last five games he played and we went. We ended up going five and out at the end of the season that.
Speaker 2: Year because that's that's when Jimmy trade. Everyone was about it.
Speaker 5: Everyone was he and then uh that uh what was it was a pin want to start too?
Speaker 1: He was out, he was out.
Speaker 3: With I think that was that off season that he had that little porn star incident.
Speaker 1: And how much ship did you guys give him.
Speaker 2: All the time?
Speaker 3: And what was funny was like he was in the in the moment, he was like well yeah, like, yeah, she talk to me, and what you're not gonna respond, So like he didn't like even think it was like a big deal. Well it's not a big deal, but like you got to know that you're gonna be like it's gonna get blown up. He's like, yeah, I don't know if we were in that bar for like ten seconds, I don't know why he you know, someone even got a picture, so whatever. He was so casual about the whole thing, like he did not care that he was in the news and then care about like whatever.
Speaker 5: It's funny, Yeah, yeah, that's funny, dude.
Speaker 2: Look, everyone's got to make a living a certain way, right, I got his dad says that, you know, if someone someone's gonna do it, why not you. You know what, someone probably told her that a long time would go good for her if you make good money. Not my profession. I don't like you. You and I have never been in the locker room together, so you've never seen this piece. But it's not worth filming. It's really just it's a it's a novelty piece. Novel. It's like a four it's like a four cylinder Conda Civic. It'll run, it'll run forever. But if you want to get somewhere fast, it's not going to help you out.
Speaker 3: As long it doesn't need a lot of maintenance and you're all good.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, oil change every every like ten thousand miles. Dude that this thing is is it comes and goes and always it's always there for me.
Speaker 3: I know the use of words there, I love that. Yeah, it comes and go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go. But so so Jimmy's there, Jimmy's banging paw porn stars, He's crushing it. Guy tears his a cl Now, you guys are like down in the shitter, but actually ended up working out for you because you've got an absolute stud in Nick Bosa.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, it was, I mean everything kind of fell Jimmy doesn't get his torn a cl week three and then are kind of season turns around. We aren't running the position obviously to get Nick. It was funny that year. I remember, we have this thing. After training camp's done, Kyle has like everybody, all the players and people that are on the football outside. After training camps over and we break and if you make the roster, then you're invited to his house and he has like a huge Bass to kind of end training camp. And so we're at that party after the second his second training camp, and I'm sitting there talking with Robert Salah as our coordinator, and he's telling me, he's like, dude, there's this kid in college. He's like, we're gonna add him next year. It's just gonna be unbelievable. You know. It's Nick Bosa from Ohiose date, Like, you have to see this kid. He's like, unbelievable. He's gonna truly transform our defense. In my mind, I'm like, he's not a fucking shot in the world. We're gonna get him. It means we're gonna be like the number one overall picking the fucking draft.
Speaker 2: Like I hope we will have this kid or yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: And then it transpired that we ended up getting them and we ended up having a bad year, and then he was yeah, he's that dude is special. You know. I was around.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was around Alden when Alden was tearing up the league a free back in like twenty eleven, twelve thirteen, and I never thought I would see a guy that was as talented as Alden was. But Nick is, Yeah, he's every bit as good as as Alden was, and that kid is uh kids really special. Actually never have played against his brother Joey, but just watching him, it's like, uh, he's just yeah, the kid's gonna be unbelievable.
Speaker 5: And before we go into the next topic, you guys know the drill. Take several minutes. Few ads, buckle up Express VPN. Okay, so we all know how Express VPN protect your privacy and security online, but there's also something you might not know. You can also use express VPN to unlock movies and shows that are available in other countries only. So for example, we're all stuck at home in quarantine right now and it's only a matter of time until we run out of step to watch. So this whole week, I've been using ExpressVPN to binge Rick and Morty on Netflix France.
Speaker 1: It's simple to do.
Speaker 5: I just fire up the ExpressVPN app, change my location to France, refresh Netflix, and that's it. ExpressVPN hydri ip. Unless you control where you want sites to think you're located, you can choose from almost one hundred different countries. So just think about all the Netflix and chilling libraries you can go through.
Speaker 1: You love anime.
Speaker 5: Use ExpressVPN to access Japanese Netflix and be spirited away, dude.
Speaker 1: But it's not just Netflix.
Speaker 5: ExpressVPN works with any streaming service, Hulu, BBC, iPlayer, YouTube, you name it, they're on it. There are hundreds of VPNs out there. But the reason I use ExpressVPN to watch shows is because it's ridiculously, ridiculously fast. There's never any buffering or lag, and you can stream an HD no fucking problem. Express VPN is also compatible with any device, phones, media consoles, smart TVs, and more, so you can watch what you want on a personal device or on the big screen wherever you are. You got to visit a special link right now at Express vpn dot com slash busting you can get an extra three months of Express vpn for free. Support the show, support the boys, watch what you want and protect yourself with Express vpn. At Express vpn dot com slash.
Speaker 1: Busting you have banger of those parties after training camp.
Speaker 3: Oh they're awesome, they're awesome. I had no cell phone policy. Yeah, everybody just get.
Speaker 1: Just destroyed.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: I had because I had Mike Shanahan really well.
Speaker 3: So he got it I think from his dad because his Dad used to do it when you're coaching with the Broncos and the Redskins and all that. So he did that his whole time coaching, and I think, you know, it's awesome. Everybody looks forward to it.
Speaker 5: We had like a gambling set up. Shanahan was walking around in a shirt like you got on. It was like a Hawaiian theme because there's always a theme, and dudes got like there's sushi platters coming around everywhere, There's cocktail literally everything.
Speaker 1: Bro, It's it's like, yo, where am I? Like we just ended training camp.
Speaker 5: And then there's like he had like fake it was like fake money at casino set up kind of a are like yes, dude, I got season tickets, like sweet tickets that for the entire year, so you know, I'm trying to make make a living on the Peace Squad. Yeah, hey, be careful, be careful on this pot. Be careful on this pot. I don't know if that's it, but I remember getting it because I was like fourth in the rankings and people were getting like overnight trips and you know, these big things, and I'm like hoping that I could get something that I can kind of competitive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, Trey Williams was walking around trying to like trying to fuck everything up. Dude, I was so pissed off, like being a younger, you can't do nothing like Yo, come on, man, you got everything like love. I was supposed to be here.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 3: To that ends up with like way, way more than you think anybody should have me, Like, yeah, did you get all them?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: They're like scamming the fucking people. You're like, man, I was winning, Like you get the fuck out of he you know you weren't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't do ship like that over here.
Speaker 1: I only got to do that one year.
Speaker 5: But Taylor, it's that, like it was the most fun dude, Like that's the way to do a post training camp celebration.
Speaker 2: Did I gotta get on braves about that?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: We got to have a big sellary like that. That'd be awesome, have a big booze fest with the boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They did the Christmas party up there like that. Uh here. I've never been to the Christmas party though, so I don't have any room to talk. It is what it is you said. You said, Trent Williams, how did that like whole thing go down? When you were talking everybody like, did you tell the forty nine ers like, hey, like I'm going to retire, Like you should find a replacement for me, you should go get trip.
Speaker 3: No. So, I mean I was kind of going through the whole process in the off season. I knew my neck was pretty my neck was pretty fucked up during the end of the year, and it got pretty bad in the playoffs in Super Bowl, and so I knew I was gonna have to go see a bunch of doctors after the year to kind of figure out what was going on. And so once I did that, I was in constant communication with the with the Niners and stuff while I was doing all that stuff, so they knew that I was thinking about, you know, retirement. And then I set a deadline basically for myself and make a decision by the draft. And so I told I think they were already working on it obviously, and they kind of had a contingency plan, but they were expecting me to kind of come back. And then I told them like a week before the draft, you know, I made my decision, talk to everybody, told it was one hundred percent and to move on and do what they needed to do. And then I think they already had that kind of peace to fall back on, and then you know, once they got the work for me, they just move forward with it and it will get that done. And I think Trent really wanted to be with kyler Gan.
Speaker 2: Two, so you actually so they were waiting on you to say, yeah. I'm for sure they actually had that thing all in place.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure exactly what like their timetable was as far as like thirty had it in place or whatever, but I know they had probably because they were already aware that I was there was a possibility that I was gonna be retiring in that offseason. So I think they were kind of doing their you know, diligence on everybody in their options if I did so once I said yes, they just you know, move forward with it and cut the deal done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's it. That's a hell of an option to have to have, like, you know, one Hall of Fame guy go out to another Hall of Fame guy go in that for the forty nine ers, dude. And they did it on like a trade that like what was like a third and a fifth round pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, third and the fifth. I mean Laramie went for two first and then they get for a third and the fifth.
Speaker 2: How about that contract? Did that not make you want to go like, hey, I'll go for another lad another lap though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, did you know this year was Did you know this year was going to be the last year?
Speaker 3: No? I did not. I mean I didn't know, because I didn't. I just knew that I broke my leg whatever, and then missed some games and I came back and you know, I had had to get finger surgery of all fucking things and miss some games. And then but when I was coming back, my neck and my back were like starting to really like hurt a ton, and I was just thinking that it was just because I was out of football and I wasn't really playing. I was can't get back into it, and then it just kept on progressively getting worse. So I knew that I was probably gonna have to you know, get something done or like you know, probably gonna have an injury or whatever after the season to deal with. And then when I went and saw these doctors, it was like I realized how serious it was, and they were kind of like, you know, if you continue to play, you're gonna really do some you know, long term damage. So it was kind of a decision basically, with a bunch of different opinions and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Was it more of a structural thing or it was like a nerve oun't You don't need to go into the details of it, but like, was it like you were getting a bunch of stingers or were you like just couldn't even turn your neck?
Speaker 3: It was all of that stuff. I mean, it was a bunch of stingers. Like when I was playing games. It's like it got to the point where in the Super Bowl, like I made contact with my head with anybody, like i'd have from the base of my neck down to my back, I'd have like this a zing and like my arms are going on. But I ended up basically it was like I had herniations at like a bunch of different levels and then really severe stenosis. And then the guy was like, you know, if you're gonna have to, you know, continue to play football, you're probably gonna have to have next fusion surgery on multiple levels. And I was like, I'm thirty five and I got kids. I don't want to not be able to turn my neck for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: So that's crazy putting that into perspective.
Speaker 3: Huh, yeah, it's gotta be. It was kind of a shock because I wasn't, like you said, I was not expecting it, and so I wasn't like telling anybody like hey man, this is my last season or whatever. It was just like kind of all came suddenly right right away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can tell it was a shock to a lot of people. The way Kittle's video to you came out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, Kittle thought.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you just watched that video, say, you have no context, You just watched George Kittle's video, like you just maybe you just came over here from America and you watched George Kittle's video.
Speaker 1: You're thinking, oh, this guy must have died. Exactly.
Speaker 2: I was like, it is really nice.
Speaker 3: I just I didn't die, though.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm still.
Speaker 1: Gonna hey, yeah, I know, yo, shout out George Kittle. He came on too. But I was watching that. I was like, manlo, it was really good words by him. It was awesome.
Speaker 5: But I'm sitting there like, yo, this kid, I mean, this is like a funeral speech, dude, exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: That's why I was telling my wife too. I was like, I feel like, like I'm one of my best friends from the league. I don't know if you guys know Daniel Kilgore he played for He just got cut from Miami though, but he was with Miami. But I played with him for like eight years in San Francisco and he was so he was down in Miami, like packing up his house. And so he has a kid and his wife and they're up in Tennessee. So he's by himself down in Miami packing up his house and he's drinking throughout the day when this whole thing is going on on Saturday, and so he's like texting me. He's like, dude, I just he keeps on sending me like pictures and like a video of like when we were playing together and stuff, and he's like, man, just going through like these old times. Man, It's just like he just had a special career and it was like, you know, real cool. And then at the at the end of like the day and the night, he's like starts texting me like, man, the wh I'm just getting so emotional over here also, and I like facetimed him and he seriously was sitting there in his house, drunk off his ass, crying I'm not fucking dead like I'm I'm just retired.
Speaker 2: Love you, bro. You that's crazy the amount of people you affected though, it's like people legitimate you're dead now, I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's alive.
Speaker 2: He's alive, guys, he's alive. He's gotta feel good though, four days, one longer than Jesus, you did it.
Speaker 1: I did it, went on that solid jokes, solid joke by the.
Speaker 2: Part tell me, hey, it's got it's crazy.
Speaker 5: I got to feel good though, knowing, Uh, it's got to feel good though, knowing you've impacted people in that way, like you know, I've I've read some things the past few days on you, and you're just known as like you have all these accolades, six Pro bowls, you played thirteen years, you've been part of this, part of that you've done everything is an individual, but you're also like the ultimate teammate and it seems like the ultimate friend.
Speaker 1: To a lot of these guys. It's got to feel good knowing that people are like paying homage, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It was really actually pretty overwhelming this weekend because I don't know, it's like and I think a lot of people have like similar experiences that you just you don't really understand or you don't aren't aware of how you're being watched and how you're affecting other people. You know, I'm not trying to The way I act and communicate with people is not because I'm doing something and trying to like, hey, you know, when I retire, I hope you guys remember this the same nice things about me, the way you are, so you're not really aware of like how people are perceiving you, and you just you know, I'm just always trying to treat people with respect and you know, be a friend and a teammate for them and trying to motivate and motivate them in different ways when I was playing with them, And it was really kind of overwhelming because you didn't realize. I guess I didn't realize how you know, impactful some of my you know, words that I would say to some people, or just the way that I acted and carry myself from the building word to some people. So you know, it was really cool. Yeah, definitely was meaningful for me, just to you know, kind of reminisce and go over a lot of stories and you know, it's a long time man thirteen years is. Uh, there's a lot of you come in contact with and me, and uh, you'll tell you you'll have a you guys will both have a similar experience. You know, when you guys are are done after a long career, it's just gonna be a weird, uh transition because uh realize how many people that you've been fortunateenough to be around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't even think about that right now. It's like I thought to myself about, like, man, what happens when you retire? Like what are you gonna do? It's like you just think, like especially when you're in high school and you realize, like football is what you want to do, like using that that ship lasts forever. You're like, I'm gonna play football and then event should I'll just die and that'll be it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that and I could apparently because everybody, Hey, we got.
Speaker 1: The footage, we got the speeches all prepared.
Speaker 2: Dude, the eulogy is everywhere. It's sad, sad to see you go. Man said to be talking to a ghost right now.
Speaker 5: It's crazy to think, though, like you spend twenty something years of your life preparing for a career.
Speaker 1: On average, at last three and a half.
Speaker 5: You fortunately played thirteen Taylor, You're gonna play a shitload, just yeah.
Speaker 1: And then when you're done, like you said.
Speaker 5: You're what thirty thirty thirty five, you're thirty five years old, like you know, hopefully you know, knock on wood, you haven't even lived half your life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, We've still our entire life like just prepared, like just wanting to do this one thing.
Speaker 5: Like Taylor said, you you prepare like you think you're gonn play football and you're gonna die, And it's like, yo, you're you know, you're not even really you haven't even lived half your life yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And what's funny and almost a little bit scary is that you've done this thing for your whole life and reached probably the highest level that you can at what you're chosen profession is. And that's what everybody's like preparing for after college is like what they want to do and like use that degree they get in college that like you know, prepare themselves for like the workforce for the rest of their life. And they start all off to like the same level.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 3: You know, we've reached the highest pinnacle of what our chosen profession is. And then all of a sudden, you have thirty years left of your like working life, and you're gonna have to start over again at like the tiniest, smallest, like intro level job and start all over. And that's a little bit daunting.
Speaker 5: Now, shout out the boys that rowback which is pronounced road back like broken rowback, rollback active where is new and they're for the fucking boys. The guys over at Rollback Active Whear have been sending us some of their performances pullos, cues of pullovers, and I'll be honest, my favorite one is our little dog logo. Ropat Rollback has been the undercover brand founded by friends of Barstool that is low key sneaky taking over the office because their fabric is so damn soft and it's dual threat active wear, which is the best fit in the best feel. Roebucks Gears is starting to pop up all over the league. Baker Mayfield repping the hat at the Indians games, Sam Hubbard repping their polos on the golf course. Even Bengals head coach Zach Taylor shout out the Nebraska fucking Cornhuskers. Dude, Zach Taylor was rocking a rollback cuzip at the combine. Their gear is legit, and this is not surprising that everybody's starting to wear it. Roebacks performances are some of the softest teas I've ever fucking seen. They have silver yarn embedded in the frap, into the fabric.
Speaker 1: Shout out silver, no fore shoutouts.
Speaker 5: This basically means that you can sweat in their teas for a few days in a row. Boys, listen to me, you can sweat in their teas for a few days in a row and they won't start smelling. That's fucking huge. Roebacks polos and c zips are unbelievable too.
Speaker 2: Their q zips are.
Speaker 5: Incredibly comfortable, and the polos aren't your typical boxy golf dad look wicking fabric stiff collars and apparently the founders went their twenty iterations to make the collar the perfect stiffness. And you boys know about that perfect stiffiness. So it lasts forever. If it lasts over four hours, called doctor. So you will need some Roaback. So whether you're playing Madden on the couch or going for a run, Roadback has you covered with some of the most comfortable gear in the game. Also shout out Rollbacks dog logo and the Rollback ridge on the back of their shirts. They're dog people, and so are we. Shout out to dog people. Use the code busting on roadback dot com for a generous, a generous twenty percent off through the end of this week. That's spelled r h O b a c k dot com. That's twenty percent off all polos, qzips and teas with code busting. They just released some fire performance polos and new q zips perfect for the warm, wet weather rolling in, so go check them out at rollback dot com. Last, the team Rollback congratulates the congratulates the boys on joining the barsol fam shout out the Boys, man U. But yeah, go to roeback dot com rh O bac k dot com. You'll welcome twenty percent off code busting. A mirror of Duel that he's a running back with the Vikings. I was talking to him the other day on like Instagram Live and we're kind of on this topic and like you said, you basically start over. We start over in a sense, right, but we've reached the pinnacle, like we've ridden this roller coaster. That's that's just we've had this chase to get to the top, and we've gotten there, and it's like, you get done and you're trying to find like that next passion that's gonna take you on that ride again because we've experienced something that you know, very few people do, and a lot of athletes have so much trouble transitioning because it's like you just can't it's like chasing a high. It's like you've got to refine, reignite some passion that you studied in one area for twenty some odd years to get to the top.
Speaker 1: And then when you're done, you got to you gotta, like I.
Speaker 5: Don't know, use everything you've learned and try to try to find a new passion in your life that kind of gets to that level of the how you've been at before, If that makes sense.
Speaker 3: I think that's really hard to do, and I think it's a lot of people that I've heard that have been retired is like have given me the advice of like trying don't try to chase that because it's almost impossible to like recreate that. You know, you're gonna have to have like competitive outlets and stuff like that in some capacity, but you know, to find that unless you're gonna become like a musician. You know, it's we're entertainers and basically what our sport is, it's like entertainment that we you know, entertain the masses, reminding gladiators and and there's not professions that are out there that you're performing for millions of people at what you do, right, So, I mean, I think it's going to be key to like find some competitive outlets and all that. But I don't have any kind of dreams of you know, chasing that high again. You know, I live that and it was definitely a fun ride. But I think what I would like to do, obviously, is like use all that knowledge that I acquired over the years of just you know, trying to play football at a high level and try to like use that knowledge and try to pay it forward to you know, guys coming out of college and do like some training with them. And then I think maybe down the road, I could get my wife around that a little bit. But you know, try to get into coaching. That would be fun. I'll probably be you know, probably start out as like a drunk guy, be uh, you know, and then I work my way to be an assistant offensive line coach for the Titans. Make Taylor's life a living hell. And then, because of all the positive work that I did with him, can get head on the coach.
Speaker 2: We'll get you, and then you so you got Soley's job right now, you try to take Soley's job.
Speaker 1: By that time, hopefully he's an old line coach or at OC somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Man, I mean, if you walked in the door and you're like, hey, what's up. I'm your I'm your own line coach, I'll be like, the fuck he did it. He fucking did he did it.
Speaker 3: He did it.
Speaker 2: He said he was gonna do it, and he did it. Dude, that ship would be crazy.
Speaker 3: I'd buck him up. Your fucking joy rides over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope you had fun. Blan here well, ship, I mean, if you're a couple of years out from doing that. He started as a grunt guy. I'm saying I at least got four or five years. I'll be in your twelve or thirteen.
Speaker 3: Then that would be perfect. That'll be perfect timing. I can I can guide you gently through the the the twilight of your career.
Speaker 2: Did you like Taylor?
Speaker 1: He could be he could be a fill in. He could be a fill in too. He could be on the bus.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That honestly, because Will and I were talking about this when you when you and I were texting after you're retired, like and you were like, hey, get me on the bus. I was like, that's so crazy. He wants to be on it. And I was like, I know, you've done a lot of like publicity stuff, like I see you in the Pepsi commercials, You're doing TV shows and all that, Like why not do a podcast, dude? It's easy, it's fun. You can do a specific football on when you just talk shop and you can teach those that those younger kids before you transition to be a coach.
Speaker 3: Oh, you guys are offering me a job right now on there.
Speaker 5: There's no reason that we can't busting with the boys, Like the boys can't be branched out in different areas, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Where does it stop? I mean, you start adding me and then all of a sudden, you got four or five more guys, and then it's just busting with the the group of boys.
Speaker 1: Busting with the boys.
Speaker 5: Though, you know what I'm saying, Maybe it's something different, Maybe it's like, I don't know, I can't think of it right now. But when when Taylor was saying that, I was like, because me personally, I knew you, like I knew you were a good football player, but since you were like on the West Coast in San fran I actually identified you and followed you based on your YouTube videos back when I was younger. That's how I knew who you were. But thought you were a funny cat, thought you were had solid jokes. You kind of did the whole YouTube channel thing. You know, you're kind of an og. You've been around the block a while, you know what I'm saying, And I always thought you were really humorous in and that's how I got to know who you were, just based on your locker room presence and doing like, you know, doing little skits, doing a little.
Speaker 3: Bit doing that because they used to We had a guy that was doing the videos for the Niners at the time, and he asked me to do that, and they didn't cut anything, so they just like put whatever I did, and so I started kind of like pushing it that first. It starts off and it was kind of like, you know, you're just interviewing your teammates and you're asking them whatever. But then they start, you know, I start throwing a little like sarcastic joke in there, and they don't cut it, and then I'm like, okay, I can get away with some more here, and so then it just turned into like basically me roasting my teammates. And they used to like not cut that at all, and so I tried to bring it back. I cut it for a little bit and stopped doing it because we were losing, and I was like, that's kind of bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Taylor face this year, dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're two and fourteen and uh, we're out here joking about everything. So I kind of took it away for a while and then I started bringing it back, and they started, you know, the Times of Change and everything is kind of like PC now, So they started cutting a lot of like the stuff that would put in there because I don't know, they thought I was like being too uh, you know, mean to my teammates or whatever. So you know what I'm going on and loved it, but I think they just didn't want to put it on the official channel.
Speaker 1: So I just guess who doesn't cut? Guess who doesn't cut?
Speaker 2: It. We don't.
Speaker 1: We don't bust with the boys. We don't.
Speaker 2: You can be Joe wa wash this Penis that's gonna be on there. Ja, Hey, Penis is fine, but Vagina I don't. I don't know, man, it's a little heavy.
Speaker 3: And you heard his purple headed Patty Wacker.
Speaker 2: Dude, it would be so easy for you to do a podcast, so easy, did Joe show two point oh? Like Pat McAfee show two point oh.
Speaker 3: You guys have the best setup of any podcast that I've seen. Though. That little thing that you guys have, the bust, the vehicle, the optics are unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was. I don't remember whose idea it was, but it's the best idea any one of us have ever had in our entire lives.
Speaker 5: Listen, Taylor, I don't I don't shy away from giving you the credit that you deserve. Bro Taylor found that bus. I said no at first because I'm thinking, how do we get equipment? Because when we found it, it was behind the garage, like over in Nashville. Like one of our buddies. Juice shout out, Juice, Juice, you saw the bus, And he's like, hey, you think you guys are going to buy this, like, you know, that could be cool. I was like, I don't want to, but I know when Taylor sees the bus, he's gonna want to buy it, because that's the boy. We went out there like, oh, this is fucking riffs, dude. He's like, Yo, we should buy this, right. I was like, ah, you know, I kind of started to know I'm one of those guys. I'm like, I don't know, man, how are we going to get everything on there?
Speaker 1: Because it wasn't like it was a ship. It was a shithole, rusted wasp pies bee hives everything.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: And Taylor's like, Taylor's like, well, we'll fix it up.
Speaker 5: We'll do the inside. If it doesn't work, I'll just have a funk. I'll have a bus to myself because I'll take this thing. And I was like, all right, let's do it. And Taylor handled, Taylor handled the crew to get on there. Shout out Jeff and the boys out. We bought furniture and stuff for it and the juice in them at Cardboard Films.
Speaker 1: They got it.
Speaker 5: They got it workable for a podcast, and it is, dude, it's a fucking hit because the boy Taylor, So it wanted to take a shot on that thing.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: That thing is it's just as a diary in the rough, Dude. It's painted basically, it's it was painted red. Now it's burnt orange because all that sun damage. It's like, absolutely it's perfect. Earn Hart Budweiser on the side with the Big Eight. But I'll tell you what, there's stickers on top of that bus that are like as bad as racist as they get.
Speaker 1: We had to cover them up.
Speaker 2: We did like purple tape and like put it and I taped it all up. It was so bad, dude, But it's been awesome. It's it's so much fun to do. It's so easy. You get to meet the coolest people. It's it's a blast.
Speaker 3: You you would strictly like sports. You guys just do it like anybody that's interesting.
Speaker 5: Anybody's interesting. We did Chase Rice yesterday. We've had We've had Dale Dale, Earnhart came on a couple of weeks ago. I mean, I mean everybody we do, we do anybody we've done.
Speaker 2: We've done mma fighters, we've done football players, we've done singers, songwriters. We have like a side thing now called Picking with the Boys that like comes out twice a week, which has hasn't come out this week.
Speaker 1: Come on when it comes out tonight.
Speaker 2: Let's go fuck Alex. Shout it Alex from shouton Alex, our production Twitter guy for fucking it up. Shout it Alex. Yes, Alex, whoa you fucked it up? Yes? Anyway, we have like a little People with the Boys thing with singer song letters get on here and they play original music.
Speaker 6: Dude.
Speaker 2: It's a blast. It's like it's so fun. And we had a good crew of people that helping us out too, even Alex, who I just shoot.
Speaker 3: On and Alex is just take it.
Speaker 2: He's in mute right now.
Speaker 1: Joe, Joe and the Boys, Joe and the Boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's not in it. He's out.
Speaker 1: Well, he's out the it's recruiting's never over. Recruiting season never over.
Speaker 2: We got his number now stands.
Speaker 1: As soon as the thing ends, dude, they.
Speaker 3: Don't think about it.
Speaker 2: I'll think about it.
Speaker 3: I just want I just want you to if I can the comfort of my.
Speaker 1: House, I mean beautiful, that's the beauty of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but once this whole thing ends, that's gonna be a little bit weird. What are you gonna have me like just over a loud speaker, like floating above you on the computer screens being.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you'll you'll have your own thing. You'll have your own thing, dude, it'll be yours.
Speaker 5: But we're just partner. So it's just like your brand and you're building it out. We're building this beautiful thing with each other, busting with everybody.
Speaker 2: Hey, people helping people, that powerful stuff.
Speaker 3: That's that's right, that's my mantra.
Speaker 1: Is it? Okay?
Speaker 2: Who like that? Wedshers?
Speaker 1: It is the wedding crashers?
Speaker 5: Okay, So you have you've had It's so hard to figure out exact questions because you've played since fucking dinosaurs were alive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what would you say? What was your hardest Super Bowl loss?
Speaker 5: Between You've been in two, right, jesus, this last one. But you've been in two Super Bowls, right, the one against the Ravens and then this.
Speaker 3: One against the Ravens and then yeah, this last one. I don't know. Actually they're both really tough. I mean the first one was just so hard because we were so close. I mean, came back, we were down twenty eight to six, came back.
Speaker 1: You had the momentum.
Speaker 3: We had all the momentum. You had that drive. At the end of the game, we had like a first and goal from the seven, and we were all in the huddle like seriously, like, dude, we're about to be world champions. We're just gonna get this ball in. And then it didn't happen, and like to be that close and lose. But then this last one was the same way. We were up twenty ten seven minutes left and fell apart at the end. So fuck, rather get like blown out and in those situations then.
Speaker 1: Well the lights went off in that first one.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm ian fuck.
Speaker 2: If the if the Tennessee Titans beat the Kansas City Chiefs the AC championship game. God, yeah, who wins that game? The Titans? Who's that?
Speaker 3: We were dominating?
Speaker 2: I heard you the first time. Stop repeating yourself. You're wrong, and I'll tell you what. I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: Why were you hoping the Titans one? Joe, that one?
Speaker 2: The Titans. We have the same we have the same exact offense. Yeah, we had very dominant I guess the run. Derrick Henry is hotter than hot, dude. He was hotter than hot. He was like, what's his name from Zoolander?
Speaker 3: Shut down every single running back?
Speaker 2: Okay, hey, hey Joe, Okay, but we were hot, dude, and and we were in the West.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think if Nick Bosa and I went to the foot race, I think I beat Nicks on a foot race.
Speaker 3: Gives this ship about foot race? Is run your ass?
Speaker 2: Laterally I got a run.
Speaker 1: Hey, hang on, let me mediate this. Let me mediate this. Joe. Were you were you hoping the Titans beat the Chiefs to go to the Super Bowl?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, why Joe? Why were you hoping?
Speaker 3: I thought it was an easier path through the title.
Speaker 2: Stare of that, scared of that.
Speaker 3: Mahomes is very.
Speaker 2: Hot, Hansel. It's so hot right now, so hot right now. I'll tell you what. You know, who else will it was hot? Derrick Henry, he was very Yeah. Tennessee Times offensive one.
Speaker 3: Well, you guys were kind of yeah, I mean, you guys were like the light version of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 3: So you guys were like, you're trying to run the ball, and you guys ran the ball, but then we had to go and like ran the ball like fifty times in the game. You guys would do it. You know, it was like thirty five. That was cute, but then we did it like fifty. It was like, you guys are just trying to, like, you know, be what we already were.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Well, you could say that, or you could say that you guys needed fifty times to win. We only needed thirty eight times to win. We're more diverse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then we won and you guys lost.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you guys also, who'd you play Packers? First time head coach? Shout out Matt Lafleur appslutly loved that guy. Yeah, on Matt Man, that's fucking I didn't shoot on him. I literally just said first time that he dismissed him.
Speaker 3: You were first time head coach, dude, you you did.
Speaker 2: I do not want words put in my mouth. Packers have very good defensive ends. I don't want to play them in two years or one year or whenever I played them. And after they they pinned this up with me with the stupid bandana on shit, This fucking guy was talking shit like was it may late April twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: I will say this, when we played them and we ended up like the game plan was kind of like that week was like, we're gonna we don't have to run the ball to win the game. And then we went out there. I didn't know we were gonna have to run the ball like fifty times and then we were time. But I was so fucking happy because how talented those guys on the edge are. I was like in an Energy title game, having to go against these two guys, they're just gonna be fucking pass rushing and Noah passes coming, Like, we better be able to run the ball. So when it kind of worked out that way, I.
Speaker 2: Was just like, thank God, Oh you need that. That's definitely a feeling that all off it tilnement go through, like but we're running the ball this week, and back the like under our BREASTLP, we fucking better have to run the ball this week.
Speaker 3: Any also the other way though, where it's like we're gonna run the ball this week, and then the game comes and you end up having like eight rushes the whole entire game.
Speaker 2: We're like, well, what are we doing out there? What are we doing?
Speaker 1: You're in the cold tub, like we're supposed to run the fucking ball game.
Speaker 3: I remember one game we had in two thousand and eleven or twelve. It was Jpp's rookie year when you were playing the Giants and they had JPP.
Speaker 2: Hey, that was all ten fingers JPP too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that was that was all and grip strength and crazy move JPP.
Speaker 2: And yeah we had.
Speaker 3: Oh see you your A and I probably messed up his name. And then Justin Tuckett and I remember going into the game and that was like they were rolling and I was like, Ship, we're gonna have to you know, we're gonna have to run the ball, like you're gonna we can't just sit back and like these guys pin their ears back and we get into the game. We get our first fifteen. The night before, I'm not kidding you, the first twelve plays were five or seven step drop backs, the first twelve plays of the game.
Speaker 2: And I was like, what the fuck, Oh my god, I've never.
Speaker 3: Had a night of sleep like that night.
Speaker 2: The night before. I was gonna say that you can't sleep when that ship comes up.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: What the night before they pop it up and they're like they're like adjusting on the on the screen to make sure it fits all right. Here we go, yep, all right, first play, you're looking it's like key right, key left, sixty four sixty five two jet, three jet. You're just like, fuck, dude.
Speaker 3: Talked about like double moves from the receivers, and you're just like Jesus tries to like a six second drop back here.
Speaker 2: Coach I points you out, Hey, Joe, I need you to hold up here. All right, it's gonna be three jet. We got sale on here. You know, seven step drop. You know it's gonna be a big deal. And you're just like, yeah, you got to coach your head.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, this is why we pay you, This why we're playing.
Speaker 2: Are we uh are here on the field for the first player of the game. Yeah, imagine if you said that, like, hey, Joe, we're gonna have to lean on you do this on this three jet right here? He is Khalil mackout, Oh no, not what what woucking doing? Boys? What the fuck are we doing?
Speaker 3: On the On the other flip side, though, it's amazing how jacked up offensive linemen get when you do that first fifteen like script and they're all runs or like three step drops or keepers and it's just like one after the other.
Speaker 1: You're like let's go.
Speaker 3: We're gonna dominate.
Speaker 2: It's maybe fucking ready tomorrow be like all the pressures off you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mid time leader now yeah.
Speaker 2: You go to bed, you sleep really well, and then it's like the game. First play the game is like a.
Speaker 3: Boot, yeah yeah, nothing, nothing juices you have more than a boot, and he like he gets me going. I think your run calls the line of Scrimm's like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey guy, fucking three take me digs in a little bit. He stupid as the balls being snapped. Dude. That's literally like so true. Every offics lineman goes through that. I'll tell you what I love too is the three step drops in like early in the game, because you get a feel how my hand's doing today, how my feet doing today, like, and you're like boom boom, punch. You're not afraid of punch.
Speaker 3: You're not afraid of punch through your hands, they go up field. It's like whatever. But the flip side of that, though, is like when you have a three step drop and you're like, all right, how my hands feeling, you throw them and the guy like fucking blows by you or like you're like, oh ship, you put him out there.
Speaker 2: He's like, oh shit, he's fucking ready today, and you're like, you know, like you say something your boy, like guy's a pussy right in your head. You're like, fuck, dude, I'm in for a bit of a deal today. I better lock this ship up some guy you've never heard of too.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: It's always that, It's always yeah, yeah, because when you play the dudes that are like the fucking the Khalil Max of Von Millers, you're like watching Kave. Von likes to spin every third time, like he loves speed, speed, speed to spin it. See okay, clock loves the power off, chips, loves the and you watch all that, it's like, all right, fifty don't the fuck that guy? Well, the next guy, and then like you get fifty seven to the first play of the game, you're like, I'm just gonna get this guy the quick two hand punch his chest, noe baggy lay those fuckers out there, and he's like chop stab, like swimming. You're like short corner of the first round, Like, what the fuck is this guy doing?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had that experience with Everson Griffin's first year Andrew he was a backup. He was like a third round pick, and so we played him. I think it must have been I don't know if it was preseason or if it was like first couple of weeks, and so he didn't have any film out there, and so I was like not watching them, and he would come in like he was like the rotational guy. So he would come in like every third series, and so, you know, I'm studying the guys I'm going against, and then all of a sudden, you know, Everson comes in. I'm like, all right, not that you're taking it lightly, but you're just like, okay, now that you know the starter is not in. And then he comes out and I remember feeling his bull rush for the first time, and I was like, what the fuck? And then it got to the point where you like thankful that he's leaving the game. I'm like, what I'm not telling like the other guys in the team, like why is why is he not playing?
Speaker 2: Like yeah, yeah, Like third down comes out? First down, get like two yards, second down, get like two yards third and stick. So you're peeking, like, all right, where's he is he coming out here? Thank god? All right, We're good, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's so funny man all the other old lineman things like when you when you break the huddle and you got guys that are like switching sides and one is obviously better than the other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, guides all the time.
Speaker 3: And so you're sitting on a third down and you're just like you're kind of peeking over your shoulder and you're seeing like who you're gonna get and then like you like and you see like Bond go to the other side, and you're like, fuck, yeah, let's go.
Speaker 2: Stay in your head, go, let's go boys, like you say, little something going, let's go boy, Hey thirty third and twelve, we got this. Yeah, yeah, that's the worst one. You're like, well, like I don't know about you, but when I play, like as much film as I watch, I'm always like I have keys in my head, like are alright with this guy? I need to get at least this many sets in before I punch, Like hey watch this, maybe flash a play or something like that, Like I'll have like like a key in my head, like all right, this guy. But it's the worst. Like you're saying like you're in the huddle and they like they'll stand right in the middle, like where the noses, and so he's like looking waiting to see where the wive goes, and you're like, you call the plane. You get up to the line. He looks and goes over there. Fuck dude, all right, all right, we're doing this. That shit's fucking crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then when the quarterback of the line of scrimmage like flips the protection where you're on the man's.
Speaker 2: Side, yeah, dude, or like yeah, you get like a chip, you like a chip on the right side, but you get your slide to your side. You're like all right, fuck, yeah, dude, that's all good. Everyone everyone gets what they need to hear. And then he like checks it. Hey, yeah you check ron ron. You're like, all right, son of a bitch, what's that.
Speaker 3: I won't miss all that, dude.
Speaker 2: When you're when you're on though, when you on, your hands are good and your set's fucking tight, and you're just like you get that confidence in the second quarter. Oh yeah, there's no high like that. Yeah, when when you're in your mind you're like, yo, no one can really stop me right now. Yeah, go ahead and slide like that.
Speaker 3: Where it's like in the third quarter and you're like in the huddle and you're like looking up. I'm like looking up at my wife and like dancing.
Speaker 2: I'm like, this is easy. Yeah, yeah, exactly, dude. I start that way in the first quarter and sometimes it goes downhill. Yeah, it's real nice.
Speaker 3: Every single defensive lineman comes on the sideline, it's always like you just will fucking shut up.
Speaker 2: Yeah who said that?
Speaker 3: Like every d lineman over the years has been like.
Speaker 2: He just talks.
Speaker 3: He's talking NonStop.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. Do you talk a lot in the field? Mm hm, you want to say a word.
Speaker 3: No, I'm more like, uh, subtle jabs, kind of like sarcastic.
Speaker 2: Like what's your what's your best?
Speaker 3: Well, like I will know and he will know that that was not a good rushed but I'll be like, oh, dude, that was Jesus. I don't know how I stopped that stuff like that. But I don't really talk. I didn't really talk a whole lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah me either.
Speaker 1: That was a great segment of offensive line play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, coming in.
Speaker 5: Hey, when I'm sitting up like sitting up in my futon, like my freaking low back gets tight.
Speaker 1: So when you guys are just I just felt like I'm like, hey, this isn't going anywhere soon. I just fucking sat back.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, just browing out on some whole line nuances.
Speaker 5: I know, right ship the night before we worry about it as backers. It's just like, are we gonna check the zone? If these motherfuckers go empty?
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the night before, which you sweat over.
Speaker 5: It's like any type of man of man situations that you might possibly be in because as a backer, you're like you get to play in the box.
Speaker 3: You get to just hoping that it's the blocking tight end and not fucking Georgia.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah. Or like when they motion out and you know, safety blitz.
Speaker 5: And you just like you're like asking your decornertor like, hey you sure you know you sure you want me to run out there with old buddy with the running back out there on the island, or the safety can.
Speaker 1: Go take, can go take and I can take his blitz.
Speaker 5: Damn And last, but not least, dude, my favorite ad read. I can't be biased because I love them all, but I have a little biased toward the manscaping boys. Shout out manscaped, no free shoutouts. Dude, Flowers are blooming the grass is growing and it's time to mow your lawn. Thanks to our sponsor, Manscaped, you can trim the hedges below the belt safely and efficiently. I'm talking about them ball trimmers, dude. Manscaped is here to make your balls smooth and smelling nice. After all, it's time for some spring cleaning.
Speaker 3: Boys.
Speaker 5: You got their lawnmower three point zero one. I love the three point zero dude. I was in last week, so it's been it's been a week now, but you go in and got that nice little blue led light. You're trimming your balls, dud. You're trimming the boys below because you're little boys are for the boys or for the big boy, and you know you just they got the ceramic blade so you don't have to worry about cutting yourself, because you know how it is. You might cut yourself. You start bleeding, you gotta get in the shower.
Speaker 1: Water kind of hits it, it continues to bleed.
Speaker 5: You start kind of panicking a little bit because blood doesn't stop, but you realize it's just the water causing it. You don't have any of those problems with manscaped. Manscape is the only men's brand dedicated to below the belt waste grooming and they have forever changed the grooming game with their Perfect Package three point zero Precision engining, precision engineered tools for your family jewels. The Perfect Package three point oh kit comes with the essential lawnmower three point zero that I was just talking about. It's waterproof, cordless body trimmer, and a ton of other liquid formulations to round out your manscaping routine. This third generation trimmer God that fires me up because I'm the third I'm third generation. This third generation tremor features a cutting edge ceramic blade to prevent manscaping accidents. Millions of balls are being saved because you got this nick free product thanks to manscaped. Inside the Perfect Package, you'll also find the crop preserver, the anti chafing, baldyodor and moisturizer. It smells phenomenal. Your girl will love it. Or girls, it's starting to get hot outside and this is crucial so your ball stops sticking to your leg. And as our treat, you'll find a crop reviver which will keep your ball smelling fresh just like spring flowers. Dude, subscribe to the Perfect Package and get a new replacement blade refill for your lawnmower trimmer delivery to your door every three months. So all you gotta do is subscribe to the Perfect Package and get a new replacement blade every three months. Make sure you're trimming always stays hygienic and clean. For a limited time, subscribers get two free gifts, this shed travel bag, which is a thirty nine dollars value and a patented high performance, high performance anti chafing Manscape boxer briefs. This is a perfect package for your For your little perfect package, dude, get twenty percent off plus free shipping with the code busting b U S s i N at manscape dot com. Do yourself a favor and always use these tools. Dude, get these tools in your life. I swear to God, It'll change your life. Twenty percent off free shipping code busting at manscape dot com. That's b U S s I N. It's spring cleaning, baby, and your balls will thank you. Not back to the pod.
Speaker 2: Who I know. Really, we're basically at an hour right now, so we'll let you go in a second, But like, who is your fair favorite teammate of all time? Who's who's the dude that you're like, this is my fucking boy. Actually, let me rephrase that, let me stop that. Where's McGlinchey at in that lists up there?
Speaker 3: He knows that he's not the top, which kills him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no question. But it's hard to.
Speaker 3: Play so many years with certain players, and you know, a guy like Frank Gored meant so much to me in my career because of like when I came in as a rookie, he was going into year three. He just came off with sixteen hundred yards rushing. He was an unbelievable dude. But then I saw like the way that he worked and like the example that he set for the team, and like he's the same exact person that he was his rookie year as he is in year fifteen. Just the work as ethic that he had just watching him from a distance, you know, kind of just the way that he approached the game. He had a huge impact on my career. And then we became a lot closer and you know, more friends. Uh, you know, obviously like close friends once we played eight eight years together, but then that old line room and he got so many different guys, he got like Mike Potty and Dan Kilgore super close, and then you know, m Guinchy was like just a little brother. And I don't have any brothers, but he was like probably what I imagine having a little brother was. He was this kind of guy that I would like, you know, give ship to all the time, fucking pick on all the time. But you know, one of those guys that you tell him anything. He got, We got to be really close.
Speaker 2: That's epic. Well it is a good dude, man. He He and I went surfing together a couple of times in Insannita's and he was he only had good things to say about you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you better.
Speaker 5: What was What was your favorite locker room year? The favorite what your favorite room?
Speaker 1: Your favorite year in the locker room, your favorite locker room You've been a part.
Speaker 3: Of the year we had in twenty eleven was really special, just because everybody like we were shit forever and none of us, a lot of the guys that were there had like not really experienced any kind of success, and then all of a sudden we went from being shit. Harball got there. We went thirteen and three that year. So just like the ride of that everybody kind of enjoying that you know high you're talking about like just winning and all of a sudden from being like shit football team to being really good and that was really fun. And then this last year, just as far as like the guys in the room, it was a really special locker room just because of the personalities and stuff and kind of seeing how people dealt with, you know, the same kind of things. It was. It was fun for me to be at a different perspective, being an older player kind of already having experienced some success, but a lot of like those guys had not, you know, like seeing how George's personality kind of came into his own and he starts having some success and the team's having success, and it was just fun to work.
Speaker 1: I still have two more.
Speaker 2: Taylor, you got any Yeah, who's your who's a who's the best tackle in the NFL?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: Jodan out?
Speaker 2: You're gun. I appreciate that. It's all I needed. Carry on.
Speaker 3: I'm not even I'm not lying though, I mean, I'm not lying that.
Speaker 1: Do you do you really think so?
Speaker 3: And Gonna Taylor?
Speaker 5: You don't say you don't, don't do any speaking you really think Taylor is the best tackle. I'm not trying to do any I just want him to stay out of it.
Speaker 3: I think you and I really like boy's game. But I've known Bockari since shoot, he was like a sophomore in high school. But I've always watched and I told you this after Pro Bowl, actually like that, I've always watched your tape, Like I thought when you were a rookie, I thought you came in it was like, it's hard. It was hard for me to watch guys when I was younger because I felt like I was a smaller tackle before smaller tackles kind of came a thing. There was a lot of guys that were like three thirty three forty, and I didn't think I could really kind of like translate my game to what they were doing or take pieces from what they were doing. But when you came in, I always watched and studied what you were doing because I thought you're like your hand placement and like how you punch, and like you're always in balance, Like that's something I always envied in my uh my game and try to attain, but I could never do it, like like a few kids. So I would say you and I really love the way that you play the game because you you play it like how I think it should be it's not like a focus on pass prow or a focus on run game. It's like a complete lineman. You like you do both things well, and I think that doesn't get talked about enough. Everybody just talks about like, all, this guy's a great pass protector and that's what makes a great tackle. But like, you got to be able to do especially in the offenses we play, like you got to be able to do both at a really high level than you do. So enough feeding your ego.
Speaker 2: Well, the interesting thing about why you said that, Like, it's it's funny you say, like you like the way I play the game, because when I got to the NFL, I I didn't use my hands very well. I kind of like just I didn't use my length. I kind of just use my feet to try to beat the guy. And so yeah, yeah, pretty much use your length. Well if I if I think you're talking about what you're talking about, there's no length to use. I was thinking about your saying. But when I when I got to the NFL, like, uh, Solely would take me into his office and make me watch your film about how to Punch. He put on It's the playoffs, it was green, it was you versus Green Bay against Clay Matthews, and he made me watch that film over and over again. The way you punched, the way if you if you missed, how you recovered, how you got back in it, the way you ran off the ball. So yeah, and in a lot of ways, the things you admire about me are the things I've learned from you, which is it's a cool, full circle thing.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's why I liked it so much, because maybe I I was just watching myself.
Speaker 2: Gotta love yourself. Man, If you don't love yourself, who's gonna do it?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: I love that, dude. I appreciate you saying that.
Speaker 5: A By the time this comes out, the documentary will already be dropped. But the Redskins are doing a piece on Alex. Yeah, take a moment to talk about Alex and like playing with him, and you know what you what you think of Alex And.
Speaker 3: Alex is one of the most if you guys you played with him, right, he was.
Speaker 1: The year after I left and Washington he.
Speaker 3: Was Okay, so one of the most like unbelievable human beings I've ever been around. You know, I was actually talking with him this uh, this past season we played the Redskins. I saw him after the game, and you know he's still going through you know, tremendous amount of rehab and everything and everything he's been through with his leg. And I even commented, I like, I stopped a mid conversation. I was like, dude, I can't believe like how positive you are about everything that's happened and gone on. It's like you don't have a down day ever. Like he's just the most positive, good person, loyal human being that I've been around. And he's like really inspiring to like want to make yourself into like a better human being. He's an unbelievable dad, unbelievable husband, tremendous competitor, Like never pointed fingers. It was all about the team. You know, he had that whole thing going where he lost his job, Cap came in, never made it about him. He was like, you know, this is the best move for the team that I supported. I'm gonna do what I can do to try to help Cap, and you know then I'm probably gonna move on. But I mean, he was just a tremendous guy to be around. And I could go on and on about what Alex meant to my career almost the same way as you know, Frank was.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to watch that documentary on Friday.
Speaker 3: That's so much like it's unbelievable. I think it'll be really eye opening for everybody to hear, like exactly what went on with his leg break?
Speaker 1: It was so have you have you gotten to see it? Have you got to watch it?
Speaker 3: But I'm just talking to him, just talking to him, yeah, throughout the years and just knowing what he's gone through.
Speaker 1: Last my last thing, and I hope, I hope you give me what I'm wanting. Who is your favorite who's your favorite coach? Who's your favorite defensive coach? You've been around?
Speaker 3: Given time? Tula, There we go.
Speaker 1: That's where I wanted to start. I wanted to start.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't even have to I mean, I don't even think about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's where yo, you had it. He was a head coach for you.
Speaker 3: For a year, right, Yeah, he was, Dude.
Speaker 1: How much fun? Which coach?
Speaker 5: Because he's my favorite like non linebacker coach I've ever been around, Like I love sitting at the cafeteria with that motherfucker. He'd be button down Italian mob like gold his necklace talking about Hoby Sandwiches.
Speaker 1: You want to be just he had all the wisdom in the world, dude talking.
Speaker 3: About Yeah, just an unbelievable dude. I mean, you got to be around them. It's like hard to explain. It's hard to explain him to people that don't know him. But he's like the most caring coach that you've ever been around. He's always asking about your families. He knows like your whole entire background, your sister's names, your members, everything, So he's checking in on you and then just being like, dude, seeing him work as a the line coach and like what he was able to do with like Justin Smith, all the Rand McDonald, Braille Franklin like that. That the line that we had with Hardball's ears, Like he is a tremendous, tremendous football coach, but just like a character. Uh to be around it. I remember his first year we had where I think Singletary got fired before the last game, and I think it was that year, and then he came in for one year or one game and was like the interim head coach for the last game. We were already out of the playoffs, and was this kind of like a whatever week. It was probably the most fun week I've ever had playing football because he was like, we're just.
Speaker 6: Gonna go out there and just have fun. And just like we're fucking playing the game. Like he gives a ship, just go out there and have fun. He came there to the first meeting like in a suit. He's like sweating his fucking chains open.
Speaker 3: That he was a wild dude.
Speaker 5: Well he had he had his press conference that everybody goes to refers to and last at because he is he has all these one liners and ship. I remember he pulled me aside like I was going through a transition and he was like, you know, he was like picking me up.
Speaker 1: He's like, hey, I see you work. I just want you see what I do out there with other d lineman. You see how they're all in rotation. A few plays in, I put him in. I put him in. I don't give a fuck. I got what you call fuck you money.
Speaker 5: They're gonna tell me how to play my guys and just dude. He was so much fun to be around. Bro, Like after training camp, you know, to go to the back and the equipment guys, because he'd be back there drinking beer and stuf up with the with Minusky, him and Monskue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just tag team and beers dude telling stories. It was like the most fun to be around those fucking guys. Yeah, Taylor and I were like, on these zoom pods, we need to make them closer to like forty minutes. But this is the fucking best.
Speaker 3: This boys talking it up.
Speaker 2: Feature Joe Staley on the podcast You're having his own podcast under the umbrella bust the Boys can't.
Speaker 1: Wait, Well, I can't fucking wait.
Speaker 2: Here we go boys give the killer. The recruiting always goes Joe, we're doing do that.
Speaker 3: Then if I do that, I'll probably have to move to Nashville anyways, because I gotta be on that box like this can't I can't just.
Speaker 1: I mean, you want to come, or you can do what you want to do.
Speaker 2: I'll say, we need to do what you do to do regardless. Next off season, when all this quarantine bullshit is over, you to hop on your private jet or your helicopters whatever you own. Yea cruise your ass out to Nashville, hang out for a weekend. We'll get rowdy, we'll get after it, we'll get drunk, we'll recruit hard.
Speaker 3: That's a weekend, huh. I mean I got nothing but time.
Speaker 2: You want to do a week, will do a week. Three months goes by cal Well, Hey, Joe just won't fucking leave my house.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: I got to get him home. His wife's called me.
Speaker 3: Fine, kids have put a shirt on him. Three weeks.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what in the year, the way you're going to be looking if you get that, Joe Thomas. If when I'm retired, I'm going to look better than Joe Thomas looks now And that's not a competition, but it's just done.
Speaker 1: I don't know, dude.
Speaker 3: I think this. I think you will.
Speaker 5: I think you will work just as hard Taylor, But I think the way you're built, I don't know if you'll be able to be as ripped as that.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: I have more let people talk you down, Taylor. You can do it. I believe you know what.
Speaker 2: I'm not as right to defend myself. Joe. I appreciate that your chest.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. You don't got like the shelf chest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, these little a little chest. But here's the deal. Like when everything else shrinks, it's gonna be baker. Everything else, the calves gonna be baker.
Speaker 1: I think your legs are gonna be the same size either way.
Speaker 2: No, but yeah probably I'll just be more proportional.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, you'll just live way better on top.
Speaker 2: Dude. I used to be so self conscious about my calves, but now I love my legs. I love them.
Speaker 1: Your calves aren't scrolling or not.
Speaker 2: You don't repeat, don't repeat that sentence.
Speaker 3: He just said, why is that? No, I love my legs.
Speaker 2: I love my little van going down my calves. Now I got tattoos on one side. What's your favorite part of your body?
Speaker 3: Joe?
Speaker 2: What do you love about your body?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: My nose?
Speaker 2: That thing's wicked, bro, it's it's character exactly you got. Actually, I know we already we ended the podcast, but we're still in the podcast. It's kind of weird. What was a you get your like eye blown out or something like that, like two years ago?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's your cocks?
Speaker 5: What do you do?
Speaker 3: And we were, uh it actually, well no, we were on an interception and so I'm over here, ball gets intercepted like you know, railroad on the sideline, and so I take like the creative angle to try to like tackle this motherfucker that's running a four to two. And I turn around and Fletcher Cox is right here and he just goes right to my head and I don't know how he did it, but his finger got through my face mask and shattered my orbital bone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you were walking an advisor after that for a little bit. That's pretty dope.
Speaker 3: Then I tried it. I try to go like the Ladanian Tomlinson Dark Visor, but I didn't get approved for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what what? How much is that fun?
Speaker 3: In?
Speaker 2: Six grand?
Speaker 3: No? And sh it's like twenty something. I'm not getting dude. I was always my whole career, like followed every rule to the team. Like, I'm not about giving giving my money up. I know you have a different you have a different uh uh take on that you love you giving money up and getting fined.
Speaker 2: I don't love giving money up, But sometimes I fight for what I believe in.
Speaker 3: Joe, I never fought I had no I had no integrity. I never fought for what.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what, dude, I had to find thirty thousand dollars for moving a ref's hand off my chest.
Speaker 3: I mean that there's a little more dollars for cussing out a rep in my career.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have a video of me cursing out refs.
Speaker 1: You tried to fucking ruin the game.
Speaker 3: You try to fucking.
Speaker 2: Sons of bitches. Here's the issue is, like, my voice isn't very dominant, Like I don't have a If you heard me over the phone, it's like, oh, this kid's about to go through puberty. Like I don't have like a Brian or rack Clow voice or something like that. I don't know if you know Rack, but Will does. And so when I'm yelling at people, it doesn't have to say I'm like, oh.
Speaker 3: I think he's not very intimidating.
Speaker 2: No, it's not, but it doesn't need to be. Well, I have that shelf chest and I retired. Dude, it's not gonna matter. Yeah, fucking you know what I'm saying. Look at the boy to sixty sixty sends me a pick of a torps off. Take your shirt off, dude, let's see it.
Speaker 1: Take it off. Take it off right now, dude, take.
Speaker 2: A shirt off, Take a shirt off right now.
Speaker 5: Why not show everybody, show everybody that retirement bro, show us everything.
Speaker 1: Hey, you're retired. It doesn't even matters.
Speaker 2: He show us everything.
Speaker 3: Joe, I don't miss the locker room that much. Maybe in a couple of months with Jones and the the be in the locker room again. I'll get on here and just show my flush off.
Speaker 1: Can we get you to take a show off and put Taylor's jersey on you right now? Let's just for just for promotional. This is just promotional.
Speaker 2: Let's go see how it fits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just won't see how it fits. This is just promotional. This is just for Twitter.
Speaker 3: I gotta get going. I'm good.
Speaker 2: Ah, Hi Dane, We'll see you later, Joe,