Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty and He.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty Strong and Not live from Studio C Armstrong and Getty. We're off, you're taking a break.
Speaker 2: Come on, enjoy this carefully curated Armstrong and Getty replay. And as long as we're off, perhaps you'd like to catch up on podcasts, Subscribe to Armstrong and Getty on demand, or one more thing we think you'll enjoy it, sir.
Speaker 3: People that try to engage you in conversation, like the person ringing you up at the grocery store and you know, I'm buying some groceries. I'm buying a gallon of milk and some carrots, So what are your plans for tonight?
Speaker 2: And I realize you're gonna drink milk and eat carrots.
Speaker 3: That is exactly how I answer, usually because I'm a smart ass and annoyed by those questions, and I feel bad because it's not their fault, I don't think. I think many times you're told that that will make the customers feel more welcome or something. And like I said on the radio the other day. I wish there was some sort of stamp I could get or thing I could work around my knackers says, I'm not one of those people. I don't feel more likely to come back. If you engage me in conversation, I feel less likely to come back. It's not your fault.
Speaker 2: But although I do require the basics of polite society, because occasionally you'll be in a place a grocery store or maybe not so high end, or person's having a bad day and they don't even acknowledge your presence.
Speaker 3: They just start ringing stuff up. Did we talk about this on the air or not? About the the person ringing me up who had the ear piece in?
Speaker 2: Do we talk about that on the air. I don't think so. Yeah, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I'm at a dollar store and because I agree, Hey, how you doing good?
Speaker 2: How you fine? Got to have that? Find everything?
Speaker 3: Okay, yep, that's fine. I have no problem with that whatsoever. The nothing is weird. And so I was checking out the dollar strum with my two boys and checking out, and I said, hey, how's it going. She says nothing to me and rings me up, and I said, have a good day. She said nothing to me, and I walked down and I said that girl shouldn't be working there. If I owned that store, I'd be so freaking pissed off to know that I have somebody work in the register that doesn't even say hello.
Speaker 2: And he said that she had her earpiece in. She's listening to music. I said, well to.
Speaker 3: That, absolutely freaking firer And he said that in. My son was like really taken aback by my response to that, Like, everybody has their earpiece in. It's okay, it's not a big deal. She's listening to music. And my son always has his their piece in, I mean always, and I have to take it out. I want to talk to you. I want to be able to talk to you. I want to know when I talk to you you can hear me. I mean if we're riding in the car or whatever. And it's just part of that age group. They have it in always with each other. Like if there's four dudes sitting around talking, they each have an ear piece in listen to music. I guess, wow, I don't know what that is, if it's just like a fashion thing or if their brain actually desires it. But I thought, when I'm dead and it won't be long. I'm in the winter of my life. The next generation, they'll all have your pieces in and they won't expect any communication whatsoever because they're all listening to music or a podcast, and so I guess they'll go.
Speaker 2: Through the store checkout. Nobody will talk to each other.
Speaker 3: You know, you ride together in a car somewhere, nobody says a word to each other because you're all listening to your own stuff in your head. It's just gonna happen. There's no stopping it. But it makes me nuts.
Speaker 2: But I didn't realize it'd gotten that bad.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, he couldn't believe that it bothered me that she had an ear piece in and didn't respond to me.
Speaker 2: Because that's the way his generation does it. Yeah, it's shocking to me. Yeah, I know, I know well, and it's resulted in so much unmistakable misery and isolation. I just if I'm casting my bets for who's in charge of the world in two hundred years, it's the young and hungry and backward civilizations right now, although they may well as soon as they get hold of the technology and the food. I mean that every country that goes from like eleven cents per capita for GDP to like over a dollar fifty. They immediately become obese, and they adopt all of the modern stuff that's killing us. I just think we've invented her own doom. We've invented too many pleasures to resist. No country for old men, right, But back to like people that aren't teenagers, where you expect some sort of normal give and take with the cashier or the dental hygh genius came up the other day. Katie brought up she hates it.
Speaker 3: When they ask her questions when they got their hands in your mouth because you can't answer anyway. Katie's not here today because she's sick. But we got this text about that because we were wondering. I'm sure the dental hygh genius is told to make conversation. It makes the patients feel more comfortable or something like it.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yeah, helps distract them from things that bother you or scary or whatever.
Speaker 3: Sure, longtime listener, this person text lived in San Francisco for twenty years.
Speaker 2: I now live in Manhattan. Okay.
Speaker 3: Wow, one of those people that there are only really a couple places you can live in America, Los Angeles, New York, maybe San Francisco or Chicago, but those are your only options. I know a number of people like that. The only places they've lived are those very big cities. But anyway, as a long time dental hygienist, employers do not tell you to engage in conversation with the patients. Some patients absolutely want us to talk and tell them stories to take their time off the process or their mind off the process. Yeah, and a good one will get a sense from the patient whether they want to talk or be quiet, which I do appreciate that you picked up on my hateful, hateful.
Speaker 2: Murderous vibe that I don't want to talk. I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: It is perfect perfectly polite to tell us how you want to experience the appointment. It's your money, your time, so tell them, please talk me through this, help distract me, or say I'd prefer to sit here and just think and stare at the ceiling or listen to a podcast or something. You don't need to talk to me. That's not a bad idea. Just tell them ahead of time. I'm not a person that wants to talk, so don't feel like you have to. I don't know, as I come off as being a dick.
Speaker 2: M I would guess among the folks that have bothered me. And when I say bothered me, it's fine, it's really oh yeah, it's a yeah. The first world problems, I mean serious, yeah. Yeah. In the list of things that actually bother me, that's way way way down. But the gal who I've worked with at times in the past, I'll just say that dental hygennis. I could write a fairly brief but reasonably complete biography of this one, and that is her Boswell to her Johnson, you could write a biography of her, having just followed her around. Yeah, And I just there's no need for that. But yeah, it's fine. I just I'm not going to put on They my old dentist. And I've been very fortunate to have had two dentists in the last thirty years. They've both been fantastic. My old dentists. They have to give you twenty years, so we have that in common. Wow. But they would give you headphones, but I would always just wear one because they have to communicate with you. Can you tell your head a little toward me great or you know whatever, open a little less that's to help them do their thing. And so I've never been comfortable with and maybe it's my generation with being in communicata.
Speaker 3: No, like you're gonna have to communicate with it, you know, the one that I hate the most. And this is a different topic, but the one I hate the most. Blood draws. And I even if I tell first of all, yeah, don't talk about it, and then even if I tell them not to talk about it, most of the time they do. Look, just I'm fine with this will be okay, Just I don't want to don't talk about it at all.
Speaker 2: Let's not talk about it.
Speaker 3: Still, I'm gonna get a ooh, you got some juicy veins. This will be easy. Or having trouble finding your veins is gonna be hard to get the needle into your veins because I need you to clench your down.
Speaker 2: Stop talking about it. It's all right. I don't want to hear word about it.
Speaker 3: Let me just sit down, look at the wall, pretend something else is going on.
Speaker 2: You jab me. I'm fine. Some people, and this covers every occupation known to mankind, be they a humble street sweeper or a skilled brain surgeon, or something in between. In every profession Jack. There are dumb asses or people who are so emotionally not intelligent they can't take an effing hint and see it from your perspective.
Speaker 3: And it's it's annoying with me, but really annoying with my son, who every time but once has thrown up when he gets a blood dry and gets so anxious and nervous and out of control and everything like that, and we have multiple adults have to hold him down. I mean, it's a horrific experience every time we get there. But I go in there ahead of time and say, let's just not talk about it at all. He really struggles with this. I say what I just said and everything like that. And almost all the time they say, the needle's not that big. Sea here, look at the needle. It's not gonna no, no, you affing more on.
Speaker 2: How do you not get this? Wow? Wow? I don't think there's anything you can do for a person like that. Oh, here I'm gonna do, got me the needle? How do you like to hear? Suppose you're not? So probably not now, But next podcast I will tell you this. Next One More Thing podcast the discussion of your Disposable Dog series will not die, and and the the responses and thoughts and pelosifizings are not getting less interesting, they're getting more cool when we're turned to Jack's brutal and hateful dispatch of innocent dogs and probably cats at a future date. So more psychopathy on the next one. More thing. You know what, my next dental appointment, I'm gonna look at the hygendas and say, if you don't mind while you clean my teeth, tell me about the Cuban missile crisis. Just give them a topic. I'm gonna Givehm a topic. Yeah, The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 1: Get more Jack, more Joe podcasts, and our hot links The Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 2: Here's your freedom loving quote of the day. I decided, since we were talking about war, to look for quotes about war, and the Google AI overview gave me a couple of dozen in three groups on the futil of war, on the human cost of war, on the importance of peace. I like this one, and then I hate it. There's nothing that war has ever achieved that we cannot better achieve without it. That's the dumbest thing. You are a moron.
Speaker 3: If you say that out loud, I would just get up and walk out of the room if an adult said that a lot, because you can't engage with them.
Speaker 2: No, No, that's a very dopey point of view. Oh my god. John Kennedy.
Speaker 3: On the other hand, so if the other side wants to go to war, then what do you do?
Speaker 2: We could have better achieved it with peace. Yeah, I just that's that is greeting card rhetoric. I mean, he's not wrong exactly, but that's that's the sort of sort of thing people say because they don't want to engage in the really difficult decisions of adulthood of reality. Right, mail bag drove us a note mail bag at Armstrong Andngetti dot com.
Speaker 3: That's the kind of guy that's gonna watch Top Gun in honor of Val Kilmer as opposed to Tombstone.
Speaker 2: That guy right there, that's too harsh. Jack asides your Bob Wrights on the topic of the Wisconsin Supreme Court thing. I guess I'll just call my boss this morning and tell him to f write off. The end of civilization is near, according to Elon, and I'm not gonna spend what a little time we have left working. Good point, Bob, let's see Barry from Thailand, who's actually from the US, but he's in Thailand, says for all the good Musk is done, he really needs to stay under the radar for a while. He's becoming like the brother who lives in the White House. Keep doing good stuff, Elon, but quietly, Yeah, well.
Speaker 3: The Democrat won there in Wisconsin, and how much it had to do with Elon?
Speaker 2: Who knows?
Speaker 3: But the left then mainstream media is acting like it was a referendum on Elon. Clearly that the whole election was a referendum on Elon. None of us live in Wisconsin and saw all the ads or have any idea what either of the judges are like personnel wise or anything like that. Right, it's just a referendum on Elon. If the mainstream media can successfully make it a referendum on Elon for the twenty twenty six midterms, Oh god, dang it, you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna get tired of hearing about Elon Musk. Oh too late, already. I'm already tired of hearing about him. Not what he's doing, just hearing about it. Yesterday was it Monday? I brought up I read an email from a chap who said, Hey, the illustration you gave of price controls and socialism by telling a story about a dairy farmer, and you couldn't find the right episode. By the way, it's not that you have two cows and communism X and socialism. Why. I know that that's very good and very funny, but this is something different, So please stop writing those emails. But Matt, why buy the cow if the milk is free? Is that one? No, that's a different one too, Matt writes, Guys, just use chat GPT. It'll tell you in three seconds. Check out this interaction. How easy he was to find the info. Here's what he did. What's the episode of Armstrong and Geddy where Joe explains socialism by telling a story about a dairy farm? And in a fraction of a second, it appears that Joe Getty discussed socialism using a dairy farmer analogy and at least two episodes of the Armstrong Getting on demand podcast Oh My God. The first instance is in the episode titled Hell Yeah Say That out Loud, published approximately seven months ago. Second occurrence is in the ang replay Thursday Hour four, released about three months ago. In both episodes, Joe uses the example of a dairy farmer to illustrate economic principles relating to price controls and government intervention. That's amazing, and then gives the date of the episode so I can find it on Armstrong and getting.
Speaker 3: On demand, So in the near future it's going to be was the name of that girl she always wore a ponytail sat next to me in fourth grade English class?
Speaker 2: That was Jenny Jones. Jack, She's grown up, cute as a button too. Would you like me to reach out via Facebook? Right? I hear her marriage is on the RUSS WHOA chat GPT WHOA. She mentioned you the other day to a friend and got a far off look in her eye. How about this bridget and beautiful Hillsburg, California. Guys, I'm one hundred percent with you on college needing a complete, almost uber esque overhaul after completing my sociology degree. Sorry Joe at Johns Hopkins. You know at least one of my kids has a worthless degree. It's just what they were really really into. Anyway. I had no idea what I wanted to be when I grew up the best thing that happened to me was joining a consumer products division at a major company where I got to see in real time, in the real world, what each department of this vertically integrated business did. I got to see sales, operations, finance, production, HR, legal, and marketing. After a year, I knew that my path was marketing and never looked back. That's what college needs to be, a place where students can be in different work environments to identify their desired path. What was that word in there? Though?
Speaker 3: I think that word in there that that's where, that's where the work. I'm not sure that how often that happened. Yeah, yeah, there's that. Let's say I've learned more about sleep chronotypes. We can talk about that in a little while. Ye've got we got a story today Katie dug up about what was that screen time and going to sleep a new study.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Katie's probably a dolphin. Jack is a wolf or a dolphin in terms of sleeping. I'd rather be a hammer than a nail. Let's see. And this is all anonymous. I think the cold plunge sounds terrible, but his life changing unheated pool works great. I thought about that the other day.
Speaker 3: I got to pool in the backyard that's freezing cold right now.
Speaker 2: He does it before bedtime? Oh god, four three, four days a week.
Speaker 3: Even if I could do it the first day, I just don't think I could do it the next night and stand there and think why am I doing this?
Speaker 2: And then Scott brings up quite correctly that if you're gonna paint a swastik on a car for being a literal Nazi, there's a much better brand nominee. Okay that Old Ah himself may have helped get going back in the day in Germany, but they're not freaking nazzies, and either is quit What the swastik is?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: Moron? So? What's the swastik in Tesla?
Speaker 3: Is it all because of that wave they claim was a Seeghile?
Speaker 2: Is that the whole thing?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, it's it's that he's banding with Trump and having federal workers fired. That proves he's a Nazi. He's on Trump's side. Trump's a fascist, He's the new Hitler. Where have you been?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Trying to make government smaller makes you a Nazi? Everybody knows that. Are you a closeted Nazi yourself? I'm beginning to wonder I'm gonna paid a swastik on him. Yeah. Now, a quick word from our friends and sponsors that simply save home security or pointing out that with longer daylight hours, you may be spending more time away from the house and giving burglars more opportunities to strike. Yeah. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: Every time I drive away from my house and lock the door, I'm happy to see the Simply Safe sign. I've gotten the yard in front of the door to let people know, I got the cameras, I got the censors, I got all the stuff protecting my home. It definitely does give you a peace of mind, there's no doubt, and we love.
Speaker 2: That while we're sleeping right at night. But FBI crime data shows there are more break ins during daylight hours than under the cloak and knights, So you need Simply Safe. In their active outdoor Protection twenty four to seven, it's really an amazing system. AI powered cameras back by live professional monitoring agents monitor your property and detect suspicious activity. Then they can call the cops, yell at the people, turn on your spotlights, whatever's necessary.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of different stuff about Simply Safe, but one of them is no contracts about a dollar a day.
Speaker 2: Visit simply safe dot com slash Armstrong. Save fifty percent off a new system with a professional monitoring plan. Get your first month free. That's simply safe dot com slash Armstrong. There's no safe flights, simply Safe, Jack Armstrong and Joey The.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty Show, The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 3: So the New York Times headline is FCC releases sixty minutes interview with Kamala Harris. Remember she did a big sit down in sixty minutes leading up to the election, got a lot of a lot of scrutiny because while she very rarely answered questions, and when she did, it was nonsensical.
Speaker 2: So it always got a lot of scrutiny.
Speaker 3: And then we all found out, like the next day or very soon thereafter that there was some editing and the promos and this and that, and did they cut one of our answers to make her seem less crazy? And all that sort of stuff that was out there in the world. But so this sixty minute this story from The New York Times Today again FCC, the FCC released this, not c I mean they made CBS get it. FCC releases sixty Minutes interview with Kamala Harris. The complete interview, which is at the center of a lawsuit filed by President Trump, shows that sixty Minutes aired a concise version of Miss Harris's answer on israel I. Thought it was interesting that the New York Times what with that is kind of the subheadline, because if all you look at is that, you certainly come away with the Trump was right, they were wrong. They were trying to screw him. I think that's the way most people are gonna take that story. This is the way CBS presented it.
Speaker 5: We now have some news about CBS itself. Sixty Minutes has posted on cbsnews dot com transcripts and videos from it interview with former Vice President Kamala Harris that aired back in October. The FCC had requested these materials as part of an investigation into a complaint alleging quote intentional news.
Speaker 2: Distortion close quote.
Speaker 5: The issue concerns one question about whether Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin at Yahoo was listening to the Biden administration. CBS News broadcast a longer portion of Harris's answer on Faced to Nation, and then a shorter excerpt of the same answer on sixty minutes. In a statement, sixty Minutes said the transcripts and video show quote the sixty minutes broadcast was not doctored or deceitful close quote, adding that each excerpt reflects the substance of the Vice president's answer.
Speaker 3: Which is a better story, a better explanation of it than They're probably not happy at CBS the way the New York Times boiled it down to one sentence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess I mean more concise is And it doesn't strike me as that judgmental either way.
Speaker 3: Honestly, New York Post version uncut. Now we're about to play the actual clips, but uncut. Sixty minutes Kamala Harris interview reveals word salad responses were heavily edited by sixty minutes. Uh snipped Israel answer to just twenty words. Kamala Harris gave a one hundred and seventy nine word meandering answer on Israel that sixty minutes cut to twenty words, according to the transcripts released yesterday.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's the editing.
Speaker 3: One hundred and seventy nine word answer to twenty words. Now, as executive producer Hanson has been talking about as a guy who's produced lots of different kinds of radio shows and sports highlights and all kinds of different stuff.
Speaker 2: That's what we do all the time the media business. Oh yeah, you have to.
Speaker 3: You have to for all kinds of reasons, time keeping people's attention, jazzing it up, making it punchy. Theho really seems to be to me that in this particular case, the number one knock on the candidate was they couldn't answer a question without going into word solid mode. I mean, that was like one of the key questions with her right a campaign issue. But what question are we asking here? And I'll tell you the reason I asked that. I mean, CBS is wildly biased, wildly and I think most people know it. This lawsuit is nuts. It'll be dismissed very very quickly.
Speaker 2: Well, so you're going to the legal thing. I don't care about the legal thing.
Speaker 3: I think politically it's going to be damaging, absolutely damaging to the media. Slash sixty minutes and these I certainly win for Trump, I think. And Trump doesn't think he's going to win the lawsuit.
Speaker 2: I don't think. Oh no, I think he just wants to people to talk about it.
Speaker 3: Although getting back to the New York Times article, right, and we're talking about it in a way that suggests that sixty minutes did edit the answer to make her look.
Speaker 2: Better, which you know, I'm sure he's very happy with.
Speaker 3: But farther down in the New York Times article about this, sixty minutes argues that it did nothing wrong. It's common practice for news organizations to edit for ah blah blah blah. Getting into the legal.
Speaker 2: Part of it, I want to get this because this is really good, mister Troops.
Speaker 3: Lawsuit has led to angst at CBS, where many staff members believe that any settlement would be a symbolic concession to the president and an acknowledgment of wrongdoing by sixty Minutes. Bill Owens, the executive producer of sixty minutes, said Monday in a meeting with staff that he would not apologize to Trump as part of any settlement with the network. But it looks like that's probably what going to happen. CBS is going to pay something to get this over with and wants to include an apology, but the guy involves it, I'm not apologizing, and the staff that works there, we've heard this over and over again right, New York Times sixty minutes, all these different left leaning organizations. The staff gets all upset. We can't have we can't give an inch on any of these things. The people at the top or the lawyers often have a different point of view of we need to settle this. It's only going to get more expensive. People settle these kind of things all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. On the other hand, if they do, I'll be really disappointed. You can't settle it. I'll be interested to see if they do or not.
Speaker 3: I'm having this conversation with my kids the other day about why lawyers recommend settling things when you did nothing wrong.
Speaker 2: It's just a dollars and cents question. Often. Yeah, if I were a smarter lawyer than their lawyers, i'd say, you're going to be handling one of these suits every week and a half to I don't know, four days. If you settle this, oh you edited it made me look bad or made me unhappy. No, you can't settle this suit.
Speaker 3: Yeah I wonder. I wonder where it's going or how it's going to turn out. But anyway, let's play the clips, the actual clips.
Speaker 2: So this is.
Speaker 3: One version of the question and answer clip seventy one there between Bill Whitaker and Kamala Harris.
Speaker 2: But it seems that Prime Minister Netanyah who is not listening.
Speaker 6: Well, Bill, the work that we have done has resulted in a number of movements in that region by Israel that were very much prompted by or a result of many things, including our advocacy for what needs to happen in the region.
Speaker 2: I'm mostly reminded listening to that what a dope she is.
Speaker 3: She was a dope. But here's the same question, different answer. But it seems that Prime Minister Netanyah who is not listening.
Speaker 6: We're not going to stop pursuing what is necessary for the United States to be clear about where we stand on the need for this war to end.
Speaker 3: Well, that's a tough one. I mean, not the legal part. I'm not interested in that part. But that's a tough one from a like even a news standpoint, I mean because normally, yeah, you're interviewing.
Speaker 2: Whether it's a politician or a coach or whoever you tried it, you just try to get it down to the answer.
Speaker 3: You had a question and you want the answer, and you want to give the answer to the people who are watching her listening, and you want to be short and interesting and easily understood.
Speaker 2: But in the case of.
Speaker 3: Kamala Harris, because she was such a meandering dope God, the story is the long, meandering dopiness. That is the story. What she she doesn't say anything? Ever, I don't know from a like even a journalistic standpoint, would I think how you should handle that? I mean, if you hadn't unlike all other politicians, editing her at all was significant to the interview. Yeah, yeah, I get it. I mean, what was the total on the words there that I mentioned. This is from the New York Posts counting of it. She gave the total answer, which I don't think we you can. The whole thing is out now. I started watching yesterday. It's like an hour long. But the whole thing is out there, and I'll have to watch us later. They didn't er it in the sixty minutes interview, the whole thing at all.
Speaker 2: But Kamala Harris gave.
Speaker 3: A one hundred and seventy nine word answer to that question, and then sixty minutes cut it down to twenty words, which still sounds dumb. She still sounds like she has no idea what she's talking about, Well, that first version was I was like, oh, that's right, Yeah, boy, she's that dumb. But that's the Trump that's the twenty one that's the twenty word version that they edited it down to.
Speaker 2: I want to hear the whole herd seventy nine words? The hell does she saying? Good Lord? Keeping in mind she only lost because of misogyny and racism according to the new head of the DNC.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I think what's going to come out of this, And like, looking at that New York Times subhead, people are gonna hear see Trump sues sixty minutes, turns out sixty minutes did edit it. I think that's what's going to be in the the ether of the conversation about this. Yeah, if it becomes against the law to edit answers at all, I don't know how we would even move forward as a species, those of us who play clips for a living.
Speaker 2: And if you're not familiar with this, politicians, especially if they're in an even semi hostile forum, we'll try to filibuster you. Yeah, you'll ask them, are you going to vote for the Jones Amendment? And five and a half minutes of rambling. Later you'll finally finally be like, can we redirect plays? And they do that intentionally, so you have to edit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good point right there. It's often to not have to answer the question and BORI to death, or knowing that you're gonna have to get to a break at some point.
Speaker 2: I'm not a big fan of horror movies. I just I don't take them. But if I want to be horrified, I'll sit around in daydream for five minutes about what it would have been like if Kamala had won and we were going one hundred miles per hour down the road of DEI and white guilt and men playing women sports and squandering money in the ridiculous USAID programs, one hundred different examples.
Speaker 3: It's too terrible to contemplate. We you know, I believe in the parallel universe thing. I want to I want Elon to put me on a spaceship to go to the parallel universe where she won and see how it's playing out. Holy cow, no kidding, man. You talk about a different next four years.
Speaker 2: Well, in foreign policy wise, what are our adversaries going to do with President Kamalaw in charge?
Speaker 1: Jack Armstrong and Joe The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 2: See Armstrong and Getty Show Joey three years are working together.
Speaker 3: This is the low moment, right so, at the end of the last segment, you're about to hear it. I'm I struggled, Joe said, it was off the air. He said during the commercials, that is the worst moment. And thirty years of doing this show, listen to this. Katie's already laughing. She will not soon be cleared.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to hear it again. I'm not looking forward to hearing it again.
Speaker 3: I can explain myself, I think, well, I can't really explain it, but I know what happened anyway. This is how it sounded. What you're about to hear happen like six minutes ago.
Speaker 2: Spacing off and daydreaming is incredibly important, as is sleep, hope you are well or on the strong, Oh beautiful, beautiful again, Michael. Spacing off and daydreaming is incredibly important, as is sleep, hope you are well or at So I was trying.
Speaker 3: I was in my mind what I was going to say, and usually, as a person who speaks for a living, what I have in my mind can come out of my mouth quite quickly event or an alternative version. And I've never felt physically this. I've never felt this before. My tongue it felt like it was three times its normal size, and it just or all nor some point happened with my jaw on my tongue. I hope it's not the beginning of a horrible disease or something that I'm about to.
Speaker 2: Find out that would be unfortunate, And I feel bad about my giggling. Just all of a sudden, my mouth would not.
Speaker 3: Work or.
Speaker 2: Well. See, I thought it was because if we're up against a heard break, which means there's no flexibility, we have to take it at that very second. Michael will count us down last ten seconds. And I could see you looking at your phone or notes or something like that as Michael was counting down, and as he got down a three to one, I could tell you weren't aware of it, and you looked up mid sentence with one second left, and I assume your brain just locked up.
Speaker 3: Or all no on the I don't think that was it all because I was I don't think that was it because I was trying to read what it was alternative.
Speaker 2: I was trying to read and it just hung for hours.
Speaker 3: My words are hard exactly A hope you are well or all no on the wow car.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 3: I have been making my car payment or house payment as a broadcaster for forty one years, and that is the worst moment I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: It was a good run. That was my worst moment right there. I just came across, not long ago, one of the most beautiful and touching things that I've seen in a very long time. And that is a farewell message from me a love. Do you recognize that name? She was the young black woman who's elected the Congress in Utah. She'd been a mayor and stuff like that. She was the first black woman Republican in the House of Representatives and really interesting person. She died recently of brain cancer, and she wrote what she said not a good was not a goodbye message, but a thank you message. And it is absolutely beautiful. And again I wish I had time for more, but I'll give you a little bit of it. Dear friends, fellow Americans in Utah. And so I'm taking up my pen not to say goodbye, but to say thank you and express my living wish for you and the America I know, And then she describes the end of the battle with brain cancer and why she and her family have decided that now it's time to just be with each other as posed more treatments. Anybody who's gone through that terrible experience notes which she's talking about. As mayor, member of Congress, and media commentator, I've seen the worst of petty politics, devisive rhetoric, and disappointing lapses of moral character by some. These same roles also provided me a front row seat and a backstage pass to be blessed and inspired by the courage, vision, and hope of America's finest daughters, sons, and citizens. Couching this column as a dying wish felt a little dramatic, even for a drama person like me. We are not certain how long the season of my battle will be, and I do want to share and reshare some things with the world that I passionately believe. I write all of this as my living wish and hopefully enduring wish for you. Let me tell you about the America I know. My parents immigrated into the United States with ten dollars in their pocket and a belief that the America they heard about really did exist as the land of opportunity. Through hard work and great sacrifice, they achieved success. So the America I came to know growing up was filled with all the excitement found in living the American dream. I was taught to love this country warts and all, and I understand I had a role to play in our nation future. I learned to passionately believe in the possibilities and promise of America. And she talks a lot about watching her mom and dad work our odd jobs to provide for the kids and the education that they got.
Speaker 3: God, I hate to turn this negative, but that's what I do. It makes me nuts that there are so many children of privilege on college campuses. I mean, you grew up an upper class lifestyle. Now you're at an expensive university and you're down and sad in our anxiety medicine and became angry because you believe the country so off awful and you can't make it right. Oh right, That just to me, You know, I dole hands are the devil's playthings. That just shows the corrosive power of lack of purpose. And anyway, and this part I love too, Watching my mother and father work odd jobs in order to provide for us and maintain their independence. Taught me valuable lessons and personal responsibility. When tough times came, they didn't look to Washington. They looked within, because the America they knew was centered in self reliance. The America I know is founded and the freedom self reliance always brings. What makes America great is the idea that when government is limited and decisions are made closest to the people they impact. People are free, free to work, free to live, free to choose, free to fail, and free to achieve. The America I know provides everyone an equal opportunity to be as unequal as they choose to be. We will have a link to this entire essay at Armstrong and getty dot com. I suggest you very strongly you read it because there's a lot more to it. What said saying of whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right, you're right. It reminds me of that with the philosophy of you either believe this is a country where you can work hard and make it, or you don't. You believe that that's a lie that people tell you. I've heard Bruce Springsteen say that they push this lie that you work hard and you'll make it.
Speaker 2: Nephew Bruce, Oh my god. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Armstrong and Getty Show or Jack or Joe podcasts and our hotlinks and