Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The thrilling excitement of March Mania is here.
Speaker 3: In Draft kingsports Book, one of America's top rated sportsbook app, is giving new customers a shot to turn five books into one hundred and fifty dollars instantly in bonus bet with any college basketball bet. North Carolina listeners don't forget. Draftking sports Book is now live in your state. Download the Draft King Sportsbook app and use Cold Shannon. New customers can bet five bucks and get one hundred and fifty dollars instantly in bonus bets only at Draft King Sportsbook With Cold Shannon, A crowned.
Speaker 4: Is yours gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight op and wired text hope and Y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting. Kansas over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario bonus pets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuans see dkg dot co slash bball for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 3: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, Thank you for joining us again for another episode of Nightcap. And congratulations to the Yukon Huskies back to back national champs for the first time since the Florida Gators two.
Speaker 1: Thousand and six two thousand and seven.
Speaker 3: I am your favorite NK Shannon Sharp, He's your favorite, Number eighty five Runner Extraordinaire, Bengo Ring of Fame, Honoree.
Speaker 2: Pro Boler All Pro all the way from Liberty.
Speaker 3: City, Mister Rail, Risotto, chad Ocho, Senko Johnson, thank you, Thank you for subscribing. Please make sure you hit that like button. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Oho, We're ten thousand subs away from one point two million, so congratulate.
Speaker 2: Congratulations to everyone.
Speaker 3: We want to thank you and congratulate you for supporting us and helping us grow as fast as we have. Please, guys, go vote for the Webby Awards for both Best Sports Podcast. We pin the link at the chat. We're currently in first place, but we need your votes. I think we're like ten days, voting is for another ten days. I think of voting officially ins on April eighteen, so please make sure you go vote for us Nightcap best Sports Podcast and we have best Club shays Sha is nominated for Best Special Guests, which is the Cat Williams and Best Episode which is the Marshawn Lynch. So thank you guys for voting, and thank you guys for making Club Shay Sha and Nightcap what it is because without you, we are not things. Please please make sure you subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed. You can listen to Nightcap through the Club Shay Shap feed, but we greatly appreciate it if you signed up and listen to us through the Nightcap podcast feed. Thank you guys for selling out shape by Laportier. I got great news. Look, we got a shaveing that just landed here in LA which is fourteen thousand bottles that should be to the online Vista by no later than Thursday, and we're going to clear out all the orders. So I'm gonna tell you this, if you don't have, I'm gonna be very very upset with Vista and my team at Laportier if they have not cleared this backlog in the next ten days. So if we're not done, if you don't have your order in the next ten days, hit me, DM me personally, come on night, come in the chat, go to IG. But let me know because they've given me my word, given me their word that we're going to have this thing cleaned out, and there's no reason this is unacceptable. So that's on me. The buck stops with me. That's on me. So trust me. Y'all know how I am. So I was not very nice today. No, I was not very nice today, O Joe. My pages are then because you put me in a bad situation. You tell me you're gonna be able to do something, do it if you can't. If you can't do something in two weeks, don't tell me you can get it done into don't lie what happened?
Speaker 5: If that what happened, If unfortunate circumstances happened, and they might have promised you they could do it in two weeks, but something came up and they just can't do it in the time time manner that you that they said they could.
Speaker 3: What happened We got the shipment in. You know how many orders were pre orders. You know how much you ordered, so don't say, well, we didn't order enough. That's your fault because when we ask you to put the po in, which is the pre order, you should have factored that in. Okay, And then don't tell me if we're gonna clean we're gonna have this cleaned up, mister sharp, And don't have it cleaned up, because now that's me, because ain't nobody said anything about the online.
Speaker 1: They're asking me.
Speaker 3: This is about me, So don't put me in a bad spot, because then I'm gonna put you in a bad spot. So let's get right to it. Oh show, Yukon. The Men are back to back national champs. They be produced seventy five sixty for the second straight national championship, National Championship, and I remember when Dan Hurley in twenty twenty said you better get us now because we're gonna come and he wasn't lying.
Speaker 2: That came on like Gangbusters.
Speaker 3: Yukon became the eighth program to repeat as national champs. The first Sister Florida Gators did it in two thousand and six two thousand and seven seven, and before that, Duke was the last team to do it in nineteen ninety one nineteen ninety two, and the last team to repeat as national champs before the nineteen ninety one season, you guessed that the UCLA Bruins who won ten straight. Damn they went from sixty four until seventy three.
Speaker 5: Jesus, that would would be Wait a minute, Wait a minute, let me let me show you my basketball knowledge.
Speaker 1: Was their coach, mister Wooden?
Speaker 2: Yes see, you.
Speaker 1: Thought I ain't e their half? See I'm almost talking.
Speaker 2: You know where? Do you know where he went to school at? Who coach wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I would assume he went to UCLA as well. No, he went to Indiana. Who he was?
Speaker 2: He would excuse me, No he didn't. He went to Purdue. He went to Purdue.
Speaker 3: They used to called him Indiana rubber Man first cause, and he coached the Sycamores Indianna State, I think from forty six to forty eight. Okay, okay, Ucla the Wizard of west Wood.
Speaker 2: All other programs to repeat.
Speaker 3: Oklahoma State did it in forty five and forty six, Kentucky did it in forty eight forty nine. San Francisco to Dons led by the great mister Bill Russell fifty five fifty six and the Cincinnati team. Oscar was on that no Oschool was already gone, was gone. Oscar was in the NBA. Oscar's in the NBA sixty one sixty two because that was the year head of Trouble double. So Yukon claimed the sixth national title to break the tie with Duke and Indowna, who has five. Yukon they've never lost in the tap I think they're sick. They're perfect six and oh one of the teams. I think they're perfect six and oh in the title game. So congratulations to the Yukon Husky h I hate you, Molly, and I know you're gonna be insufferable tomorrow, as you are most days, especially with cuffs to Yukon men or women. But congratulations, and we'll discuss the purse. Oh Joe, you watch this game tonight? What did you like about what you saw from the Huskies?
Speaker 5: I mean, obviously, I heard so much about Zach Edy, obviously, and so I was expecting him to dominate the game. That's what I was expecting. Some of of that, some of the that stature I heard. I heard about him all season long. I heard about how good he was. But what I did here is that his style of play wouldn't transition to the NBA. So obviously me not understanding that because I don't watch the game of basketball much, so I tuned it the night.
Speaker 1: I'mone to see, let's see what he does. I'm expecting him to dominate.
Speaker 5: I'm expecting to see Kevin durantish type stuff. I'm expecting to women by Yama. Did I say his last name right now? He said, he said.
Speaker 2: Women, Yama. Women.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm expecting to see.
Speaker 5: So after Wahingt's the night and then watching Yukon somewhat dominate. Will not dominate him, but just dominated the game in general, I got a better understanding on why it probably wouldn't translate because he's very very slow footed. He didn't he didn't, he didn't play fast. It was really no, no, that's not what he was looking for. No, no urgency. It's just no urgency, you know, to his game. Man, he played with it. He plays with it back to the back, to the basket. And that now now I understand the terminology. It won't translate.
Speaker 1: The Huskies. Yeah for them boys, nice man, them boys.
Speaker 5: Nice Tristan? Is it tris Tristan Tristan Newton. Yep, Tristan, he got to see me one on one. He got he gotta see me one on one.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, you can't expect any more from Zachi. He gave you thirty seven and ten. But they only had two guys in double figures. They had a guy with twelve and then you have a four point guy, a five point guy, and a two point guy.
Speaker 1: That's not gonna get it done. When you got Yukon gave it.
Speaker 3: You got eleven points, fifteen points, twenty points, eleven points, they got thirteen points off the bench, and Perdue got two points off the bench.
Speaker 5: You got a few people in, you got a few people in double digit doublegit scorings for the for the Huskies. So and I mean, I mean no disrespect the Purdue team. Is it similar to what is Edie having to score all the points? Similar?
Speaker 1: So? Is it similar? Or fail to say? Edy is similar to.
Speaker 5: Like Kaitlan Clark having to do everything and everything on your shoulders.
Speaker 3: Okay, but the difference is you have to get him the ball. Caitlyn Clark has the ball in her hands, right.
Speaker 1: So she's able to be able to score.
Speaker 3: Yes, not only can she score, she can create for other people to score. But it's very similar. Nobody outside of him they normally make. They were in the tournament, they were averaging about eight threes made per game. They made one tonight, if I'm not mistaken, last I saw they made one?
Speaker 2: Three? Were they? Uh?
Speaker 5: They they had last game? Yeah, last game, if I'm not mistaken, something like that. And if they were, they had a bad night shooting, a real bad night shooting.
Speaker 1: Question, because you have one question, you would you would know better than me.
Speaker 5: As far as the development of a basketball player and a person's skill set, is it too late speaking of easy, is it too late to develop a skill set where it can transition into the NBA or the too late to learn a new bag of tools that would help him play at the next levels.
Speaker 2: Will Eliphie never be able to run like a cheetah? No? No, hell noah.
Speaker 3: When but Yama you look at Whimen, you say, well, look at whom he can put the ball on the floor. But he's been putting the ball on the floor. He's been shooting three since he was seven eight years old, so you see the maturation. Zachiat has never played like that, So you're asking a guy to redo his game.
Speaker 2: Now, now we saw brook Lopez. Brook Lopez came.
Speaker 3: Out of coledge with as a back to the basket player, but he saw where the evolution of the game was going and he turned.
Speaker 2: Himself into a stretch five. So can it be done? Sure?
Speaker 1: Is it highly likely?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Look, they're shooting coaches out here that could probably work with him.
Speaker 2: But I give him a ten.
Speaker 3: I give him a ten fifteen percent chance because it's all it's yeah, yeah, because you have to understand old shoe that's what he is. I mean, you see, I mean he doesn't. I mean he doesn't. I thank bruck. Lopez could drop step left hand, drop step right hand. He could throw, turn around, shoot the jumper. He's a back to his back basically, and as cleaning, cleaning kept pushing him further and further against the basket, jump hook kept coming up shorter and shorter. So he's gonna have to evolve his game. He's gonna have to work on other aspects of his game. He's gonna be able to turn to have to turn over either shoulder, right shoulder, left shoulder, left hand, right hand, drop step to the right, or drop left. He's gonna have to be able to do that. But right now he's gotten a way because he's so much bigger. You remember when you were a kid and the kid that was so much bigger, they were able to right right, right, just because of their size. Well, in the NBA, because the game is played in so much space, it's an up and down game, and so and he's not that good of it.
Speaker 2: He's not that good of a defender.
Speaker 3: So he's not a Rudy Gobert that that that's gonna, you know, impact you on the defensive end. So he had some work cut out for him if he wants to transition.
Speaker 1: What do you mean in the NBA?
Speaker 3: You know, not because you have Paul though you talk about transition, transition to the NBA.
Speaker 5: Right, What do you mean he's not that good of it? Good of a defender? You're seven seven seven four seven seven.
Speaker 3: You see the guys letting, You see the guys laying the ball up all in his face.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you need a little bit more, just a little bit, a little bit more aggression, that's it.
Speaker 1: A little bit more. He need a little bit of.
Speaker 5: Ah, what's his name? God damn keep getting in trouble. Why slipping my mind.
Speaker 2: Man, who Draymond?
Speaker 1: You need a little Draymond in him. That's what he needed.
Speaker 2: He needed a little bit, a little bit about huh, yes, who Draymond is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just saying because I'm thinking about his the size he has, how can I'm not saying it's a waste.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying he's a waste, but knowing that you want.
Speaker 5: To get to the next level, you should have been working and being able working on your game so it's able to transition to the next level. And the fact that now you're done and I keep hearing you know a birdie here, birdie there that have that kind of size and not be going to the NBA or being a lottery pick ship. I'm sorry, I don't get you have to think about it.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 3: It takes a special type of person to what he was college. He was AP College Player of the Year. So he's a two time AP College Player of the Year. Jerry Lucas. I think Kareem abdu A Jabbar, Bill uh uh, Bill Walton right, right, Samson sam foot four Ram Samson who played out at Virginia.
Speaker 2: He was a three time AP.
Speaker 3: So so you're talking about very very elite company that Zach Edy is in. Now, that'll be like telling Patrick Mahon you know what, Patrick Mahall, Yeah, we know you won Super Bowl, We've been the MVP, But all of a sudden, we want you to be like a read option type quarterback. How willing do you think he's gonna be able to do when he's had success?
Speaker 2: Do it in his way.
Speaker 5: But listen what you already said, Patrick Mahomes is already in the NFL, and he's already had success in the NFL. We want Edie Well me personally, after seeing him tonight, seeing his size, seeing how much he didn't.
Speaker 3: Dominate from THEO you realize they only scored sixty points, right, but yeah, seven of them, you know you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about, like dominate, Dominate.
Speaker 5: To the point where I got to put up sixty if my team wants a chance to even win.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm gonna meet from that extent.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think.
Speaker 3: The last guy that I've ever heard of that scored sixty points in a college game was Jody Meeks has It was the last time somebody scored sixty points in an NCAA Division One game Jody Meeks. Yeah, from Kentucky. I think he broke Dan Elsel's record at Kentucky. He dropped sixty in a game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't see.
Speaker 5: I'm watching the game, and the people around me kept talking about, Oh, he's doing all this, but he's not gonna make it to the NBA. There's no way he makes it. His game is gay, his game style isn't gonna transition. I'm like, man, what are you talking about at that size, there's a team, there's an NBA team that could use that length, that can use that height. I mean, and then you just said he's not a good defender. Well, god damn, what's the good part. What's the good part.
Speaker 1: About the game that will transition in NBA?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't talk him talking about that. Eddie Howse dropped sixty one in two thousand? When did Jody Meeks do it?
Speaker 1: Wait, Eddie House, you took about Boston Celtics, Eddie House.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's twenty win, twenty four, So let that sink in. So that's not that's not a normal occurrence to see a guy get that, get those numbers, get that number of points. He averaged twenty eight and fifteen in the tournament, so he probably averaged what twenty nine and fourteen because they only had ten rebounds to night, so he dominated.
Speaker 2: I mean, if somebody.
Speaker 3: Told, Okay, in the NBA, he's gonna give you ten twenty nine and twelve on a nightly basis, they would actually gobble him up.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But if you look at look at look at you. I'm using the wrong word. I shouldn't say. I shouldn't use the word dominate. But okay, okay, you're right.
Speaker 3: What's the record for Kentucky? I thought he scored sixty. He scored fifty four. So Eddie House was the last guy.
Speaker 2: D one.
Speaker 3: I'm the North dakot I'm thinking, like, you know, Kentucky, dude, Carolina teams like that. She said, somebody from North Dakota State and Utah Valley, uh scored.
Speaker 2: But I just I think the thing is O Joe is.
Speaker 3: That look, he's a he's a he's a big guy, and he's gonna have to go. He's gonna have to get with someone that would really work on.
Speaker 2: It with his feet.
Speaker 3: Cause you look at see you look at Joel ANDB. You see how big he is. But Joel and B played soccer.
Speaker 2: Look at a team.
Speaker 3: Elijah wan kim Elija Won played soccer. Anthony Davis was a guard in a Grossberg. David Robinson was grew thirteen. You grew up foot so you look. You talk about guys that were used to handling the ball and footwork, they weren't always as big as they are.
Speaker 2: If so, when you see here's the thing on Joe when you're that tall, Hey, just get down to paint something. We on w the ball.
Speaker 3: Just turn to write a leg it in ok everybody's kicking the ball down the road. Remember what we talked about. We had the t bow topic. So it's someone working with it with fundamentals. Well, when you get to college, Dell work with you, and Colin said, well, hey we try to win games.
Speaker 1: When you get to the NFL, they'll work with you.
Speaker 2: You get to the.
Speaker 3: NFL and you you have a finished product that people want to You know, hey, you got.
Speaker 2: To be able to do this. This is this is elementary, This is this is one on one.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got you.
Speaker 3: You're basically gonna have to strip Zach Edy down and change his whole game because now he's gonna have to play on he has to play on the perimeter. He's gonna have to he's gonna have to be able to shoot threes unless he's like, Okay, i'm gonna be a defender.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be Rudy Gobert.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, hell if I'm not mistaken Janni's. When Joanna's first came in the league, he didn't really have a mid range game.
Speaker 1: He wasn't able. He wasn't he wasn't able to shoot from three.
Speaker 3: Now he's okay from three, he's okay from mid range.
Speaker 2: But you see what he does downhill? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, he come down here every time.
Speaker 2: Yes, you you see Zach Edy doing that? You already told me he was slower foot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Washington the night he moved very lethargic.
Speaker 3: I'm like, man, if he was like shock, come on, you see how number Shack was.
Speaker 5: But you remember remember Shack the little clip of him and Jordan's him.
Speaker 1: Playing around, Yeah, the All Star game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and to beat to beat that side to be able to move like that.
Speaker 2: Right right, and so yeah, I just take the thing. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, will somebody probably draft him in the I don't think he was the first round pick. Will somebody take a flyer in the second round. Sure, probably non guaranteed contract. Get him in, try to work him down and maybe you can make something out of him. Hell, it ain't nothing. Look at NICOLEA. Yokich was the second round pick. He about to be a three time MVP in five years.
Speaker 1: I wonder how does he even slip that far? Especially Yokat.
Speaker 3: He got himself in shape. He was a little he was a little doy. He wasn't in the greatest of shape he got.
Speaker 1: He's still not in shape.
Speaker 2: Oh he in shape now, No, you want to see it. When he first got to the league, he was a big boy.
Speaker 1: He was big.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he changed his diet. He ain't drinking a case of soda to day. He ain't eat bull d eye. But you see, it's as skilled as any big we've had around the basket. Touch, he can shoot the three, can shoot the mid range, he can left right, tremendous touch.
Speaker 1: Very efficient, you got very efficient. Congratulations to the Yukon Huskies.
Speaker 3: Yukon moves into a time for thirty with six titles with North Carolina.
Speaker 2: Only U C.
Speaker 3: L A with eleven in Kentucky with eight have more titles, So congratulations to coach Dan Hurley and his Yukon Huskies on winning back to back national championship. Frustrated with ticket buying experience, game Time is the only ticket autter gives you peace of mind with your purchase. They let you see the view from your seat before you buy, so you know exactly what to expect when you arrive. They're all in prices, show you total upfront so you always know you're getting a great deal. It takes no time at all. You can buy tickets and seconds with two taps. Take the guesswork out of buying tickets. With game Time, download the game Time app creating account. Redeem code Nightcap for twenty dollars off your first purchase. Terms apply again. Download the game Time app, enter the code Nightcap n I g h T c ap for twenty dollars off. Download Game Time Today, Last minute tickets Lloyd's Price guaranteed. Oh ho, It's time for our next segment and it's called news NewsCap. Let me grab with uh dinah TSI draws heat for a recent Kaitlin Clark comments DT Donald Rossi told Scott Van Pelt, look, SBP reality is coming. There's level to this thing and that's just life. We all went through it. You see it, and on the NBA side, you're going to see it. On this side, you look at you look superhuman playing against eighteen year olds, but you're going to play against some grown women that have been playing professional basketball for a long time. The response to her comments will swift, and many call it a hater. What I don't understand, OJO fans. We want people that have played the game to comment about people playing the game. Yeah, and the minute they comment, a minute people that played the game or that's playing the game comment and they say something about a player that you don't like.
Speaker 2: Now is hating? Now?
Speaker 3: Look, there are some instances in which I do believe old timers are hating, but I don't believe that's what she's doing.
Speaker 2: You and I have talked about it.
Speaker 3: When a rookie comes in, you won an award, you would highly saw after we got to see why, Yeah, we hating on you, but we don't see why, right.
Speaker 5: I think you know what? For me, I respect Diana. I'm gonna call it DTS. I respect DT And she had to say I just don't. I can't watch what Cat and Clark has done forget the accolades.
Speaker 1: I can't see what Clayton Clark has done.
Speaker 5: Kayton and Clark has done on the field, on the field, on the court week in and week out for the past two years, and even utter some of the comments that ms ROSSI said, because obviously there's going to be a transition period going into the.
Speaker 1: I understand that. I understand that.
Speaker 5: But saying that maybe it might you know, her skill might not transition or just what she said, hold on, let me read this.
Speaker 2: Read what you saying.
Speaker 5: I wasn't saying Clark wouldn't succeed at the professional level, but rather suggest that the future rookie could struggle making the transition.
Speaker 1: Why why does she have to struggle? Why does she have to struggle?
Speaker 2: Because all rookies go through it.
Speaker 1: You think you think so?
Speaker 5: You don't think she might come in and be okay based on the on the situation, based on the team she goes to.
Speaker 1: She going to.
Speaker 3: Indiana, if I'm not mistaken, the number one pick last year, she's gonna be playing with more talent. But what does South Carolina do? Kevin from going left right? So now if that's college, so what you think the pro's gonna do? You think who has better scouting department. College is pros of the pros pros.
Speaker 5: But again, you have to understand the Clayton Cark that we just saw and the Caton Clark that you're going to see, where they're gonna need to help her with some of the things that she struggled in college. Things are going to be a little different. I'm just saying, I so watch what she did in college. I would have been very hesitant to make the type of comments, but again, this is someone that played the game. This is someone that's very experienced to someone that was.
Speaker 1: Very very good at the game. So she has the right to do it.
Speaker 5: I just for someone that played that guy damn well and made that kind of impact.
Speaker 3: I just I just wished she played against eighteen year old of grown women that had kids and playing for mortgages. Is there is there a difference between college and pro and the NFL? Yes, different between college and NFL.
Speaker 1: Oh hell yeah, you know that. You know that.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, listen, what jam What did Jamar Chase do when it was in college? And what are you doing in the NFL his first year? Look at Justin Jeffers, what adjustment did Justin Jeffers, Hey, did you.
Speaker 2: See the preseason game?
Speaker 3: How many justin Jeff uh Jamar Chase dropped ten passes in his first three preseason game, didn't he? So he there was an adjustment period. Yes you remember that, Yeah you remember? Yeah, yeah, yeah, glad, there was an adjustment period. I got to get my head around quicker. I got to get in and out of breaks. I got to locate the ball quicker. It happens, oh choe. Yeah, if if players that played the game, if we can't critique players that's coming into the game, who can.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're right, but that's a tough critique, right there.
Speaker 5: Boy, that's a tough that's that's a very very tough critique.
Speaker 2: You don't think there's levels.
Speaker 3: You don't think there's levels level you know, I know it's levels.
Speaker 5: But I'm just saying giving you small examples of players that came from college in the transition when it was time, when the bullets was flying for real, they showed up and they showed out. And I just see I see Kaitln Clark as one of those ones that's going to transition, just find based on her skill set and what she's able to do, especially being able to shoot the ball and creator and create her own shot off the dribble.
Speaker 3: I do think she'll have some success because she led the nation and score and led the nation assists. And I remember having a conversation about Trey Young, and I said, Trey Young will be able to transition, even though he's small. He might not score, but he'll get you fifteen system tonight, right, And so maybe we can't look at Kaitlin. Clark says, well, if she doesn't score thirty, she's not having success. Hers might be. It might be fifteen and ten, it might be fourteen and eight, and that's the left.
Speaker 2: But I believe she'll be able to transition.
Speaker 3: Now you gonna she ain't find the ghost go thirty, and she ain't finn to drop thirty two and eight like he did seeing your in college.
Speaker 2: That ain't happening.
Speaker 5: Well, the fact the fact that she has a better supporting cast around her, she won't have to do that, and she will be able to facilitate like she did like she did it, or she be able to facilitate with a better supporting cast. So when I think about it, I think to me, well, if I got better players around me, then All they have to do is just be efficient, facilitate, and take the shots when they're there.
Speaker 2: That's it, right.
Speaker 5: I mean it sounds easy with me saying just saying it, but it's different. It's different, you know when it's game time, right, I mean, listen, I'm excited to see I'm excited to see her. I'm excited to see since the Angel Reese as well, every miss Miss Bucker's Miss Page is coming out to Miss Page. Oh she coming back?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well ship, they gonna they gonna repeat again. Carolina Carolina, I mean Carolina, I mean, are you right right? Ms Pen's got knocked back. Damn. Hey, I I'm excited.
Speaker 5: I just started watching basketball now I'm not now I got the itch.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna really get into it so I can really understand the game.
Speaker 2: And then things and hair is the thing. Oh Joe.
Speaker 3: If I know you can shoot, I't gonna let you get no open shots. I'm fighting over those screens. You see what South Carolina did. South Carolina say, We're not gonna be lazy. We're not going on.
Speaker 1: Any screening to go up trying to go I'm going to we.
Speaker 3: Fighting over the top and I'm gonna push you to your right, because I know you want to go left and left and what you normally do when you go right, you're looking to go all the way to the basket. So if I know that and I'm just watching her casually, what do you think the scouting department is doing?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: I do I think she's gonna be able to succeed in the NBA. Sure, sure, because I think she's a phenomenal talent. But I think there's gonna be a learning curve, and I think all all players go through it. Right Jordan, Jordan didn't have that mid range game. I mean he was just flying through there.
Speaker 1: He developed that Okay, okay, okay, okay that Kobe.
Speaker 3: Developed that shot in order to expand and open up his game. Wellbroun developed the three ball because there he knew there was gonna be a time that he wasn't gonna be able to jump over everybody. And he can still get downhill occasionally, he can't get down the hill with the same verocity drive a drive and a drive like he once could, so he developed that three ball. He also with the team Elijah want worked on his footwork. He turned hit that turnaround. So you just have to keep expanding your game, and that's what the greats can do. And I believe she is a great She was a great college player, and I think she'll put the time in to work on her game to expand it because they know what she likes to do. Right now, Hey they no, man, look here, man Ojo just want to run these speed outs. He gonna hit, He's gonna hit the seven steps and he's gonna break. He gonna fall off the table. So now oo got okay, I gotta go. I gotta dig into my bag. I gotta still, I gotta him up. Okay, that's what you think. I'm an run down? What you think I'm a fall off the table and run that out? Now I'm gonna hit you with this bang eight with.
Speaker 2: The same steps.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, I mean when.
Speaker 3: You when you go where you you just right here, that nod you go to that out you drive.
Speaker 1: Out, I'm coming back the other way the bank.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Listen.
Speaker 5: The more too, especially when you think about a player like that who's had so much pressure, had to have some some of us watching her. You already know she has the one, two and the wilthaw to one improve the game. So I'm sure she's gonna add some more tools to a box because the more tools that she adds to a toolbox, the absolute truth, the more she will be able to do, and the more impacts she'll be able to have.
Speaker 3: Right, And I think the thing is O Joe, because she'll be playing with better talent.
Speaker 1: She won't have the workload that she had in college.
Speaker 3: And I said, Carolina wore down because think about it, they didn't have anybody else that was gonna be able to take you off the dribble. Everybody else, everything was contingent on her. Kaitlyn, you gotta score, Kaitlyn, you gotta set me up. So we gotta run picks, and we got to try to backdoor somebody. I gotta try to get the ball to Kaylin. She's got to look ahead, get the ball up. And so you see they started wearing it down because Raven Johnson just she just got so tired. Raven Johnson just started picking the pocket in broad daylight. Police, everybody watching gonna let the ball up because she got tired. That's a heavy workload. And you see Zach Edy.
Speaker 1: He wore down too.
Speaker 3: The man that played, he had been out of an elite from the lead a.
Speaker 2: He had missed only eight seconds.
Speaker 3: That's a lot to ask a man that side to get up and down the court continuously.
Speaker 2: And you see he started, you know, leaving shots of shots. Sure, but I do think.
Speaker 3: Kaitlyn Clark and I don't think that Donah the Rossi was hating him. Do y'all realize that down at t Rossi is a three time champ in college, a Player of the Year, a most outstanding player, she's a three time WNBA, the WNBA all time leading score and if I'm not mistaken that she has five gold medals, and she had five or four.
Speaker 2: I think Hudds Superberg got like four or five.
Speaker 3: Out of four eight twelve, sixteen, she got four. I think she got four, four or five. She got a bunch. She got five gold medals. So you're telling me somebody that has five gold medals. She's a three time champ in college, a most outstanding player, she's a player of the Year, she has three championships in the WNBA, she's the Finals MVP, she's a w NBA MVP, and she's the all time leading scorer. And she's jealous of what I mean, many many, many can say, I mean, she's on the very short list when they say goats of women college basketball her Cheryl Miller, Stewie, Kansas Parker, Maya Moore, She's on a very very short list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's tough. It's tough. It is tough, just.
Speaker 5: Normally, especially one with the accolades that she has. I would have me personally, I would have taken a different approach and then and up and uplifting, you know that young lady before she even came to the w NBA. But but to each his own, it's okay to critique because you had the resume to do so.
Speaker 1: So I understand it. Some people will look at it as hayden. I mean, I don't. I don't see it as hating.
Speaker 2: It's just the same oo.
Speaker 3: It's the same thing when people says, I don't believe Tim Tebow the game is going to translate to the NFL. People said they would hate it. I'm looking at the way he throws his mechanics, So.
Speaker 1: You just you mean, man, you mean.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying, look, Ojo, you can't listen, you can't run power, and you can't run Trapped with your quarterbacks all game long. At some point in time, I'm going to force you to throw the ball in order.
Speaker 2: To beat me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't hide them all games.
Speaker 3: It's the one position you can't hide. See, I can hide corners. I'll play cover too, give him over the top, I can. I can if I got a week off his alignment, I can slide protection, or I can put the back in the gap the chip.
Speaker 2: How do you hide your quarterback?
Speaker 1: You can't. He gonna get exposed at some point, especially if he can't throw.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and and think about it, many people say Tim Tebow's on a short list. He might be one of the greatest college quarterbacks to ever play the game.
Speaker 5: Some people say he's the greatest, some some people. Some people say that there's an argument to be had.
Speaker 3: But in the NFL, his game didn't translate because he had that elongated throw in motion for such a long time. And see, you'll always revert back to what you feel comfortable doing. Right, So when he was out there with just he's out there with Tom House and he's in shorts and T shirt.
Speaker 2: He's letting it rip. But when he got in a stressful situation, what would he do?
Speaker 1: Go back to the wind up yeah, see, yeah.
Speaker 3: And so, and that's the thing. And so it's not hate. I'm just off and people like, well you hate you hating on Lamar. I was like, Bro, I came here as a seventh round draft pick. I left with a gold jacket. I'm happy. I want to see him. I want to see him winning because I think he has an opportunity with a championship. Now we have to start talking to the man. We gotta start putt Lamar fin in that top ten. It ain't a whole lot of quarterbacks. They got multiple MVP's regular seasons and a super Bowl. That's why we put my homes up so quick. That's why he wrote, like, Bro, you do realize, dude, twenty seven he got two Super Bowl, two Super Bowl, MVP's and two five thousand yard passing seasons. Well, we got to zoom him past a lot of guys. Now he got the third. Now you can make a case. You could say, you know what, man, it's him and Joe. Well who you put in second place? Some people like might say Joe because Joe has four super Bowls, four super Bowl, four Super Bowl and three m vps. Mahomes has three with three super Bowl MVPs. I think, Joe, what Yoe?
Speaker 2: Have three?
Speaker 1: Regular season mbps are two?
Speaker 2: Think you ahead? I think Joe had two.
Speaker 3: I think Brad got three, Rogers got four, and Peyton got five.
Speaker 2: Joe, does Joe have three? Two? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So you he got three super Bowl MVPs but two regular seasons. So you can make a case right now. Patrick Mahomes at twenty eight years of age, is the second greatest quarterback to ever play.
Speaker 1: Now, who would you? Who would you? Who would you say? Is one man?
Speaker 5: Brady Brady? Yes, just make a show. I'm just making show. Sometimes sometimes people you know.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, now, ain't that food?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Come on back?
Speaker 2: Hell no? But and so that's that's the thing, oh Joe.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, you look at a guy and you says, okay, well, how well is this game will translate? Is he gonna be able to make the necess necessary adjustment to be able to pull himself up.
Speaker 2: Out of that?
Speaker 1: I like that?
Speaker 5: So look at how look at what TBO looked like in college, and you had a great understanding that it might not be able to transition in the NFL because of the elongated throwing motion.
Speaker 1: But when you look at Caitlin Clark.
Speaker 5: What do you look at in her game that says, okay, you know what, maybe not, maybe it's not going to translate when she gets to the next level.
Speaker 3: Now, I don't think she I don't think she was saying her game isn't going to translate. I think she's going to. I think DT was said it's gonna take some time for her to get her footing and to have a level of success that we think that the fans think that she should.
Speaker 1: Enjoy right right away. Okay, yeah, I ain't.
Speaker 3: Nobody thinking she coming to the WNBAT average thirty because you look at down a TARROSSI.
Speaker 1: She has fourteen total.
Speaker 3: She has ten first team All MWNBA selections, four second teams, an MVP in sixteen seasons.
Speaker 1: She was a real deal. Brock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, think okay, she was.
Speaker 1: She was a real deal.
Speaker 5: So if anybody wants to say anything about miss ms Clark or anybody else coming, she's very qualified to do so.
Speaker 1: She's very excuse me, she's very very qualified. DT has one m v P.
Speaker 3: Lisa Leslie has three, uh, Candas Parker has to Laurence Jackson, the greats. I think Seattle Rain that's what's there the Australian she had three.
Speaker 1: M v ps.
Speaker 2: So Cyland Clark goes she had four. Simpy Cooper had four regulars MVPs.
Speaker 1: Wow, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was the person.
Speaker 3: Oh uh cool cool was bad and it won the first four n W n W n B A. But they were they were loaded. They had heard Sheryl Swoop Tina u uh uh uh Tina Thompson.
Speaker 2: They were they were loaded. Yeah, yeah, they were loaded. So go ahead. We just asked finals MVPs. I don't think you two?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, all right, o Jo don They call her Lois Vaton Donty is the most stylished basketball coach we've ever seen. Stalley is one of the greatest college basketball coaches of all time. She just coached the Lady Game Cox to a national championship, her third since arriving. She took up the head coaching duties in two thousand and eight, and the win means the Lady Game Cocks end of the season perfect and became only the tenth team in Division one history to end with the perfect season.
Speaker 2: Is that men and women?
Speaker 3: Because I thought UCLA had a couple of I know Indiana was the last one in seventy six. I think it's women. I think it's just women. If I'm not mistaken, I think that I think, what do you call it? Was the first team to go undefeated Texas in eighty six. Great Clarissa Davis team. But you know U Connor's had like four, but Tennessee's had a few. I think the uh Kim Malke's Baylor Bears, they went forty and oh one year. Yeah, just women, Yeah, yeah, because Ucla had a had because Ucla went like eighty eight and one. I think Kareem lost to the Kareem lose one of two games in college. I think because the Elvin Hayes them beat him at the at the Astrodome one year when Kareem had a toothache, and then they watched him in the National Championship. Kareem went eighty eight and two in his three years in college. That's why people, I mean he lost one. I think he lost one game in college. I mean high school at Power in New York. He lost two games in college and then you know what, you know what he did in the in the in the NBA. So for the Sycolote Sweet sixteen matchup against Indian Ali, she don the thirty one hundred fifty dollars blue LV jacket color with a real demouflage print ahead of her squad's final four game against NC State Louis Baton don Kin Corrigular Trench Coach LV twenty three. Yoshikusoma, you know what I'm saying. You don't know about?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you do right out nobody, because I don't weigh anything over a thousand dollars. You know, you know what's gonna happen if it hasn't happened already. If it hasn't happened already, I mean, coaches don't get in IL deals. But maybe she can be the first coach sponsored by Louis Baton and where it and have it give it to her.
Speaker 1: He's game. Now.
Speaker 5: What we might not know is they might already be giving it to her and she's really not paying, and she might be, you know, amuse for Louis Baton as of the first head coach on the sideline dawning Louis Baton.
Speaker 3: Yeah Stateley Coaching Lady game cards to the victory and the crop monogram denim jacket LB, A logo T and a pair of brand monogram them time out Sneakers, l V.
Speaker 1: Hook us up, put LV hook up on Dickie's Dickies. If y'all watching Dickie's holler at me? Man?
Speaker 2: Is she the most stylish coach? The most stylish coach of all time? Of all time?
Speaker 1: I think I think she's up there. She's up there.
Speaker 2: What about paying Riley?
Speaker 1: Listen? Pat Riley. Uh.
Speaker 5: Mister Battino is a Patinas like, looks like he's supposed to be in Good Fellas.
Speaker 1: He's also one of them.
Speaker 5: Miss Mokis is verisp.
Speaker 1: You know you don't like you don't like a fashion her expression.
Speaker 2: You like all them, You like all them colors, you like crayola.
Speaker 1: About I'm from Miami. Yeah, you know how.
Speaker 2: We love him.
Speaker 5: We love him especially when your dog skin you got on that that of that pink pastel colors.
Speaker 1: In the summer, that linen, the linen, the green, the pink linen. Oh man. Yeah, Like it's just different.
Speaker 5: It's different because you know, fashion is is is expression through your eye on how you see it.
Speaker 1: So I mean I like it.
Speaker 5: It's different as as opposed to everybody else's society. You see one shirt, you go, you walk out somewhere and fifty other people got that motherfucker yeah three times already, fifty other people have the exact same shirt on.
Speaker 1: I apologize, man, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: That's now I see why Don will be getting upset. Don say, I ain't finished wet my lv y'allmost to be at y'all. Mind y'all to figure that out.
Speaker 1: Somebody not calling no time out?
Speaker 3: You don't know the yelling the screen with sweat taking a jagged out man. Don said, Man, this man is out there. Cast me five man, y'all put the girl. Y'all better figure that out.
Speaker 1: But she gets she get it.
Speaker 5: She gave them, She get them girls that look yeah, ain't casting no time out man, y'all all.
Speaker 1: Right now, mad doady Dobby hit that thing. Don was hype yesterday.
Speaker 3: It was so good to see because I think she knows she squandered a great opportunity last year had a team that was undefeated until they faced a Yukon, But she didn't have the shooters last.
Speaker 1: Year that she had this year, Tessa Johnson.
Speaker 3: And Pow Pow, and they dominated the boards again with Cardoza, with Watkins and Atlanta Kids, so they were definitely a more complete team. This year than what they were last year, and the outside shooting they were really great, O Joe, the Cowboys might be beheading for a potential holdout by ce Ceedee Lamb, the Cowboys will start their spring workouts April fifteenth and barn a contract extension.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, Ceedee Lamb won't take the field.
Speaker 3: The Donas Cowboys are star staring down the barrel of three potential market setting extensions. Michael Parsons, Ceedee Lamb, Dark Prescott beyond Penchion Pennan. Now, remember remember Jerry said he going all in, and what he meant by all in was all in on the guys.
Speaker 1: He got right day treecept.
Speaker 3: First you're going all in and he's like, no, nod, Steven says, we you know, clarify, we go all in on our guys.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So Dak Prescott has grown the customers to the football field with out CD Lamb onw it of his five hundred and ninety pass he threw last season, five hundred and ninety ninety four except are tips, almost ninety five percent came with CD running the route. They connected one hundred and thirty three times to on twenty twenty three fourth most completion between the duo and NFL history.
Speaker 5: So you look at the numbers, right, you look at the chemistry between Dak Prescott and CD Lamb. You understand how vital important CD Lamb is to the offense, especially with Dak Prescott. So as as an owner that Jerry Jones, as Stephan Jones, you understand you want to work the numbers.
Speaker 1: You want to You want to do right by CD by any means.
Speaker 5: But what I don't understand is is you knew at some point it was gonna come to this, you know, and I never understood even with the off season program coming up. You want your players at your off season program. You want your players happy at your off season program. Obviously missing time CD. He knows, he knows routine, he knows the offense. But still you just want to get those extra reps with your quarterback, with your offense, the camaraderie, the chemistry between everybody and half everybody showing up to the off season program. But again here we are now we had a stalemate. We had a stalemate. Every time it's time for somebody to get paid, especially the skill position, especially the skill skill position, we gotta fight tooth and nail.
Speaker 1: We gotta crawl, We come in late, we gotta act like.
Speaker 3: To hold out. Remember that was the way. I mean, I don't know if you remember. But miss the first two games.
Speaker 5: Ezekiel Elliott had the whole out. Zeke was out of what was Zeke was at Zeke was so Cabo Yeah, Cabo chilling?
Speaker 1: Why why? I'm not sure why.
Speaker 5: I think I for some reason, I think owners do it on purpose.
Speaker 3: I think as Ojos a blessing and a curse because that was The Cowboys do do a very good job of drafting. But when you draft good players and they perform, you have to pay him or you're gonna lose them. Yeah, you drafted Michael Partsons. He's been what you expected when you drafted and some so guess what. He's gonna command a premium Cedee Lamb has shown himself to be a top receiver.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to pay him.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Trayvon Diggs, did you a solid Uh?
Speaker 3: He went to the table, he negotiated a deal that he felt was fair with him. He got the money and he's like, look see what happened and I I got my money. Boom, I got this knee injury. They weren't gonna pay me what they paid me, you know, blah blah. I get it, but CD like, nah, bro, y'all need to break bread. I ain't going to your fire. Y'all gonna do right by me that, you know what, They're gonna do it. They're gonna do it.
Speaker 5: They're gonna pay, but it's gonna be at the last minute, probably right before training camp getting ready to start, an hour before training camp start. Then they're gonna go across the ticker, see the lamb, and just gotten paid. I think they do it on that for some reason. I think they don't do it on purpose. I mean, as an owner, the number, the numbers of the numbers.
Speaker 2: Show up.
Speaker 1: Just just get everybody in there.
Speaker 2: Before practice.
Speaker 3: You would to be you would have waited before, you would to wait before training camp, but afore the practice.
Speaker 1: Man, I don't know why they do it.
Speaker 5: And they do it consistently, not just not just the Cowboys. Every good receiver has to wait.
Speaker 1: They have to wait. I don't know why they do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because the thing you look, say, the man, I mean, look, really, quarterback is really the only position that you get paid on potential mm hmm. Because why else would you give Daniel Jones forty million dollars?
Speaker 1: Well, obviously you don't have a choice. This this is another thing.
Speaker 5: This is very important. Timing in the NFL, depending on the player is everything. The timing for Daniel Jones was perfect. There was no other option, So you didn't want no choice.
Speaker 3: You didn't have to do anything. You had a filthy your option you could have picked up. You didn't have to do it.
Speaker 1: You see.
Speaker 3: See they didn't even got you convinced. They have they had to do something. It's the same thing with the Broncos. The Broncos didn't have to do side doing to give Russ an extension. He had two years still left on this deal. So what you mean they didn't have no choice.
Speaker 5: They wanted to take They wanted to take care of Russ and understanding and what he was, what he had done in the past, and hoping that it can continue see in the future with them.
Speaker 2: Why don't they do that for other positions? You don't know what gonna do?
Speaker 1: You know what? You know what that tells you. That tells you how important a quarterback position is.
Speaker 5: We were noticed, why that's that's why they take care of them and hopes that, Okay, we're paying you this and hopes we want you happy, We want you, we want you happy, and we want you at your best.
Speaker 1: And let's hope with us.
Speaker 5: Paying you, you're able to fulfill what we hope, what we think you can do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing though, O Joe, if you look at it, uh wait, I lost my training thought what I wanted to say. But if you look at if you look at the players, and you base it on so what are we doing? Are you paying for what you believe you had done or you are you rewarding him for what he's done?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think when it comes to quarterbacks, I think they're rewarding him for what you think he's going to do.
Speaker 1: Why why they pay Daniel Jones? Think about it.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm asking you.
Speaker 1: I just told you we're rewarding you in hopes you're going to do what we think you're capable of doing based on what we've seen so far. So you disregard potent potential. Potential potential means you hadn't done anything yet. So in other words, you're gonna disregard. You're gonna disregard the three years you saw so the three years that don't mean nothing, O Joe. I take the one year. You see what you see, how you see, you see what they do, how they do it? Ojoe, Yeah, that they take one year.
Speaker 3: Now Barkley had proven boom, Nah, you know what, we're gonna put a tag on. You want to see it one more time? But Daniel Jones, we've seen enough.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, here six we get the quarterback position again. The best offensive weapon for the New York Giants was suon Barkley.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ray Charles can see that. But again, the way the game has evolved, nobody values the running back position.
Speaker 2: Think about what they've done.
Speaker 3: No position has ever been has is protected more than the quarterback. They think so little of the running back. They say, Now you can't even lower your helmet. You can't lower your head to run somebody.
Speaker 1: Over, O Joe.
Speaker 5: Somebody gonna get hurt. Now, somebody somebody gonna get hurt. It's only one way.
Speaker 1: It's only one way to run the ball.
Speaker 3: You run behind your pants. Now, we don't want you to run behind your path. We want you to run through the hole like.
Speaker 1: This here, yeah, straight up, like you like you are, not Ricky Waters.
Speaker 2: What's it.
Speaker 3: Roger Craig Well, Roger Craig ran with the high kneedd also ran straight up.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, you sure was.
Speaker 2: Oh your check this out.
Speaker 3: Since nineteen ninety, fifty nine quarterbacks have been selected in the top ten since nineteen ninety. Nineteen ninety was the year that I came out. Only four quarterbacks, Am I am? You go realize that you get to a certain age. That's the only purpose in life at this point in time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you get old right by then?
Speaker 2: I tell you what I bet you take, getting no versus the alternative? What's up?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I don't want to yeah yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah yeah. Only four quarterbacks have been named First Team All Pro. Of the fifty nine quarterbacks selected in the top ten, Peyton man Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, Patrick Mahomes fifty nine. So we got thirty five years of data and of the fifty nine quarterback that's been selected in the top ten, only four Peyton Manny, Matt Ryan, Matt Ryan once, Cam Newton wants Peyton Manning. I think Peyton Manning is seven times First Team All Pro, Patrick Mahomes twice.
Speaker 1: Now you see why they put such a huge importance on the quarterback position. Yeah, because once you once you get one, once you get here shaking the head.
Speaker 2: He upset.
Speaker 3: It be about what happened because I said, Peyton Matting, I think Peyton has been selected first team All Pro seven times.
Speaker 1: And she looked over here and real dejected. It has It's been about seven though, hasn't it. It's seven? It's seven, it's seven.
Speaker 3: I mean, think about the man has almost damn in as many MVPs as he's been First team All Pro.
Speaker 1: Broa man.
Speaker 2: Nice with that dude.
Speaker 1: We talk about talk you talk about a student of the game.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and he a good dude. I mean he's just a good I mean, look, uh, he's just a good dude. I mean, just good to talk to about anything, talk about football. He talked about live he he loved to have. I mean I went to, like I said, my my last Pro Bowl. I went to and and oh one after the old one season. He was the quarterback. I think he Brady, he Brady and maybe uh McNair might have been my quarterbacks. Well, I was just over there.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I wouldn't say that was my quarterback because I adn't do I was terrible.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, damn man and boys, God, damn y'all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, I had some quarterbacks. Now, I had some quarterbacks doing my job. Marino, Alway, Kelly Warren, Moon, Joe mount Anna.
Speaker 2: Brady Manny.
Speaker 1: There. I read the God, I read the Garland, don't you I read the Garland?
Speaker 2: I did, Yes, it hard.
Speaker 1: I had Well. I'm trying to think, Well, you had Brady and Manning, did you?
Speaker 3: But Brady Brady probably didn't come when you was there because Brady stopped coming because that was after. I don't think Brady came more than twice. I know he came back one year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I'm not I'm not sure I came. I know Peyton was there. I know Steve McNair, I had Steve Roths, Roethlisberger. Uh, I had Carson. I'm trying to think who else?
Speaker 1: Colepeper? No, Copeper was NFC.
Speaker 2: Now mc.
Speaker 5: Man that's a good one. Now you jogging a memory. I can't even remember some of the quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but your your list can't touch behind my left yea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you listen.
Speaker 5: You you played an error you played in era with them boys about boys?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that held on let's see l Wade, Well you got all.
Speaker 3: Montana, uh, Manning Brady, that's five oh, Warren Moon, Jim Kelly, seven, Hall of Famers, McNair, we have some.
Speaker 2: We have some dogs over there.
Speaker 3: And back then they knocked the all out yet at the Pro Bowls, come fourth quarter.
Speaker 1: But when that money time coming the fourth quarter?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and ray Lewis, ray Lewis pacing up and down the sideline, say all right, now time to go, yeah, twy to play.
Speaker 1: We wanted a little ten means one thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Man, you have brought, you brought, you don't pay for coaches, and they wived to come over. You might have brought some family, bad plea mad little ten thousands gonna go a long way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I needed all that I needed, all that I needed, all that.
Speaker 3: I think now, I think now they was making like maybe fifty to eighty thousand. Back then the losers got five thousand, Oh show, the losers got five thousand, winners got tea.
Speaker 5: I think during my time we might have been at maybe maybe thirty something. I might I might be wrong. I can't remember. It might have been maybe thirty thirty something for the winner. But now what you think they make it now a Pro Bowl, well now football.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but yeah, because now they got flag and they got they got like skills, competitions and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: So but but the numbers, the numbers never go down though, so the numbers are still the same.
Speaker 1: They just don't have to do as much.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, they don't. They don't.
Speaker 3: They don't have a game, and uh but you guys get get a Pro Bowl.
Speaker 1: Nod Anthony Richardson, I'm so glad you said that.
Speaker 5: Think of the Pro Bowl, the format, This is the format I think they should do this year. Now, I'm not sure if you could run, if you could run right now, I think they should have the current NFC and AFC rosters that make the Pro Bowl and have them play against the old timers. Not not that old, but I'm just saying the ones that are still capable. Listen, stay with me now, the ones that are still capable of moving a little bit, just to make it competitive and fun, even if it's flag football, I think I think it would be dope. Think about think about the concept.
Speaker 3: All you will have a bunch of torn akileis, acls and quad muscles.
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody moving like don't nobody move like that.
Speaker 1: Don't know what you mean, but we didn't. They didn't.
Speaker 5: They didn't, they didn't took it down to flag football. I'm just saying, just think about the concept on how fun it would be if the former players knew, like, listen, we got we got six months to get ourselves together, and we whoever makes the Pro Bowl, we get to be back out there again. I think it would just be fun to have some of the some of the players from back in the day facing some of the younger.
Speaker 1: Generation in today's game. I just lined up.
Speaker 5: I mean they we ain't trying to kill each other, just out there having a little fun out y'all.
Speaker 1: Go have fun, y'all.
Speaker 2: I just.
Speaker 1: Call you, okay you coach? Well, I'm ana player. I'm going full speed. I don't care y'all take off.
Speaker 3: Anthony Richardson is on a mission this year after missing most of his rookie season due to injuries. AR rookie season with the coach did not go as he's playing, playing just four games due to injury before being shut down to have season endings ending shoulder surgery. He underwent the procedure in October and began throwing in February since his first throw for old surgery last season, last year's number four overall pickers made significant progress and ready for his comeback. I've never waited this long to get back to playing football. I'm just on a mission this year. Once that mission is complete, then I'll be good. What do you expect from uh?
Speaker 2: From ar? I like him.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see him. I can't wait to see him.
Speaker 5: Obviously there was a very small sample size of what he did at Florida, still went high for a reason. Potential obviously, what he can do great arm, very very very good arm. Obviously he's a he's a dual threat. He can run with the ball as well. Obviously running with the ball is what got he hurt. You you know, mess up. That showed a little bit. But I think the sky's a limit for him. This s guy's a limit for him. I'm excited that he is coming back because he is going to be one of the ones that gets those coach to that next level, that next step and being in contention every year, similar to how Peyton man I'm not calling him Peyton Manning.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that.
Speaker 5: I'm saying he can have that Lamar Jackson type of effect in Indianapolis. And I'm not calling him Lamar Jackson either. I'm just saying he is that dynamic. Whether it's throwing or whether it's having to use his legs, he is that good. So I'm excited to see him back and it's gonna be exciting, especially for Coats fans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, you know, and now you put him in that mix, when your c J. Stroud and now you got Trevor Lawrence and Jacksonville. The question is do they Stan Patt in Tennessee with Will Levis. But you know you got three guys with CJ with high draft picks. First overall, c J. Stroude was second overall, Athony Richardson was fourth overall, and they're fairly So that's an opportunity for this division to be good for a very very long time if the quarterback played stays at what we think.
Speaker 2: What we projected to be to get better.
Speaker 3: CJ even improved from his rookie year in his sophomore season from his rookie season. We know what Trevor Lawrence, but he's just got to get over that hump. Too many mistakes. I mean, for them to have the record to start the season and then to miss the playoffs and this entitled entirety, that's just totally unacceptable.
Speaker 1: But I'm excited to see Anthony Richardson come back.
Speaker 3: Out and kind of pick up where he left off last year throwing and running the football.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I like him. I like him a lot.