Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe, Katty Armstrong and Jettie and he Arms Ranged Rum Studio. See Say Saying your Dimmy let room deep with them the bowels of.
Speaker 2: The Armstrong and Getty Communications Compound, And Hey on Little Friday, We're under the tut ledge of our general manager.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, we're going with a title for the show. Sorry, sorry, we have a title now, but.
Speaker 2: All right, it's old habit hard to break. Today's show is entitled I Ran I Ran So Far Away? Or Holman Sweet Holman.
Speaker 1: With us. They're both good. That's fantastic. So uh.
Speaker 2: Tom Holman's a guy that they sent Minneapolis to calm things down.
Speaker 1: How many people know that he?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: He's been doing immigration stuff since the eighties under different administrations, including under Barack Obama. He was given some presidential award or something like that for his effectiveness with deportation.
Speaker 1: Because Obama deported a lot of people the Deporter in chief. I remember that it was about right.
Speaker 2: Well, Holman was running the thing under Obama and got an award for it. I don't know how many people are aware of that. Anyway, we'll hear from him in a little bit. He's going to try to settle things down. But more importantly, he.
Speaker 1: Didn't throw on the Nazi coat, did he? What's that?
Speaker 2: Because you can't throw on the Nazi coat. Just leave the long coat in the closets, all right. It's a potent reminder of her unfortunate past. Okay, so are you ready for this?
Speaker 1: Sure? Through the winters, I send cold down, nigga. Let ever knew.
Speaker 2: I was listening to the new Springsteen song that just came out yesterday that he wrote about Minneapolis.
Speaker 1: A city of flame, fought fire and ice.
Speaker 4: Nathan occupiers bootsna like this lyric. King Trump's private army from the DHS, guns busking to their coats, came to Minneapolis to enforce their law, or so the story goes.
Speaker 1: Bo powerful stuff.
Speaker 2: Against smoke and rubber bullets, and the dawn's early light. Citizens stood for justice, their voices ringing through the night, and there were bloody footprints where mercy should have stood, and too dead left to die on snow filled streets.
Speaker 1: Alex Pretty and Rene Good. Oh that's a good rhyme.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I listened to the song on the way to work today. It's a really good sounding song, as Bruce Springsteen is among the best crafters of songs who've ever walked to the planet Earth, and he's really really good at him. But the lyrics are to me like somebody jokingly wrote a man, Bruce Springsteen, you know parody. But you know what, aver I just find the whole thing now and out today. If you're not aware of this, new video came out late in the day yesterday of the poor dude that got shot last week getting in a melee with the officers and spitting on him and kicking their car and all kinds of stuff, kicked out their tail light. So the look of him has slightly changed in the last twenty four hours. Yeah, well, he was a militant, violent opposer of ICE in their activities. It's just worth noting. I was just reading something in the Dispatch which was which has become indistinguishable from MSNBC in some of their coverage talking about how he was just passively protesting the activities did trying to help.
Speaker 1: Ohways, it was shameless even without yesterday's video.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure when it was written, but yeah, it was well like I said it was indistinguishable from something he'd say in the New York Times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, then you always got the any of these shootings that are happened.
Speaker 1: You've got the.
Speaker 2: Legal question, which is very important, but you've got the political thing, which is also very important. Now it doesn't change the legality of things a whole lot, probably, But in terms of the politics, I think it changes it a lot. I mean, you can't claim it doesn't mean anything. What kind of guy he was? If your news coverage was end to end with he was a boy scout who rescued puppies. Well you thought saying that meant something, Well, how about let's include he spit on cops and kicked cop cars and tried to get in the way of them doing their jobs.
Speaker 1: Ca'se that guy too.
Speaker 2: He is spoiling for a fight, and he brought a gun with him for the fight. Now was he intending to use it or or what was this in his mind? Nobody's quite sure. But yeah, please the whole you know, puppy rescuing, boy scout things, just it's it's propaganda.
Speaker 1: A little more here, oh boy, there's more here in a home they killed in room, didn't the winner of twenty six. We remember the names of those who died on the streets of Minneapolis. Here you go.
Speaker 2: And then at one point he incorporates the chanting into the course, which is actually pretty cool the way he does it, Ice go Home.
Speaker 1: The choir singing and everything.
Speaker 2: We need a response, Kid Rock, We're looking to you, Okay Rock, we need a counter song. Or although he's apologized, so maybe he's off this, Kanye Kanye could come home. Who knows. You gotta check day by day, Kanye.
Speaker 1: Kanye comes back. I don't know about Kid Rock versus Springsteen.
Speaker 2: I think Kanye is the one to fix this. He's the one to settle things down. Oh my good, Kanwe's house. Yesterday's wearing an SS uniform.
Speaker 1: You go today.
Speaker 2: He's apologizing and giving generously to Jewish schools and who knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did an interview over the weekend.
Speaker 2: In addition to the apology, he put out Kanye West apologizing for the way he treated Jews in the black community and saying it's because it was bipolar and his car wreck and all this stuff. And it might be true, but he also has an album coming out like a.
Speaker 1: Week, So oh yeah, I don't put the timing on that. It doesn't have a sequel to the Kyle Hitler song, does it. No, no, no, no, it's too late to edit that.
Speaker 2: Out or in a different direction, little Kanye kid rock collaboration would be interestingly like to see that he or that cross pollination. Absolutely fantastic. You know, I was thinking about the uh, Christy Nome situation. I've always thought that Washington d C. In the media makes way too big a deal out of firing people and like it's a huge you know oooh, you really got him, you made him fire somebody? What a setback for this or that? And they just doesn't. It doesn't land that way with the people. I don't think. I'll give you, for instance, Matt Gates being a point Attorney General and then the howls and everything. People went crazy and he pulled the name. Yeah, we gotta win, we need to pull Who even remembers that happen? Who freaking cares? It doesn't make any difference whatsoever, really hurt Trump's momentum on Capitol Hill? Whatever, No, nobody remembers her cares. So if he if he pulled Christy Nome there'd be like one day of coverage acting like it's a huge deal. He'd put somebody else in and we'd move on. But I think that would be a good idea. Speaking for myself, I would prefer a non numbskull in the role because she's she is, she's utterly over her uh, over her head.
Speaker 1: She's in a position she can't handle.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what if you're if you happen to be listening and wondering, uh talking about this again.
Speaker 1: One of the reasons I think it's worth talking about is there.
Speaker 2: Is if things can't get calmed down, there's a chance for some crazy makes the history books blood letting one direction or another. I mean, it is just it's just ripe for that sort of thing. And I really don't want that to happen. And that's on my because I saw a video and then an interview with one of your He was either Ice or Border patrol outside the hotel.
Speaker 1: Some of them were staying in night before last, when that.
Speaker 2: Hotel had been attacked in they're breaking windows and fighting cops, are fighting Minneapolis Police Force cops, I mean beating them on the streets and trying to get into the hotel to get to the Ice agents and the Border patrol agents smashing out of the window, spray pinting, you know, gas bombs going off, and it's just it's just absolute chaos. And if they ever got in there, there's gonna be I mean, those guys are gonna have to defend themselves and it's gonna get really, really ugly. Anyway, this guy standing outside one of the hotels where there were not like any police force at the time. He's bloody, his face is bleeding, and he's talking.
Speaker 1: To reporters like, where the hell are.
Speaker 2: The police on this situation is people are trying to bust into the hotel.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's nuts. It's a nuts situation.
Speaker 2: And so Holman gets sent there and his thing is help us out, help us go into the jail and get the bad guys, and then we won't need, you know, a giant team of cops to protect ourselves against the protesters to get in there. And all these incidents happen and everything like that, and then Fry, the mayor, makes an announcement late in the day yesterday, we are not going to help you.
Speaker 1: We will not help you in any way.
Speaker 2: Right, what the hell is that well on the other side of the scale too, which you touched on, and I've got to check like Andy nos twitter feed because nobody reports on this. The hardcore leftist organizations, your Antifa types and Marxists on their social media feeds, it's saying, come to Minneapolis Warriors, now is the time. Let's get this going right nation what Internationally they're trying to get people to go to Minneapolis and do things like smash up the hotels and punch the ice guys in the face and the rest of it. If you end up with a situation where they overwhelm the police at some time and people are people like that you're just talking about, are pouring into a hotel full of you know, border patrol agents or whatever who have their guns and they're probably and they got to defend themse it's gonna be a crazy situation. You know.
Speaker 1: People talk about.
Speaker 2: Norms in society, which is sometimes just as habits, and one of the most stupid norms in like all of human society, is that if you're more or less in favor of the protesters, you pretend that there are no organized bad guys agitators, and if you're against the protesters. And this extends, like to the regime in Iran. You claim it's all organized, you know, Martists or Jews, or Americans in the case of the Iranians, or whatever. And you know, it's just so tiring and stupid. And you would think there would be at least some segment of media and human beings in the middle who could say, as we've been saying, Look you got some nice, righteous people in Minneapolis who don't like this.
Speaker 1: They're whipped up.
Speaker 2: They're actually citizens, and you know just who don't like it, right, they're righteous protesters. I think they're wrong in a lot of cases, but there they are. And you have the hardcore Marxist crew. Why is it so difficult to recognize that both those things are true? I don't get it, because then it reminds me, in a way of the bums and junkies problem. I refuse to use the term homeless because their primary problem is not the lack of a fixed address that they're junkies. If you're in favor of a more compassionate approach, you never concede that it's mostly junkies, which means you can.
Speaker 1: Never solve the problem.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at one quote from Tom Holman, which we're about to hear because he's speaking as we went on the show today. Borders are Tom Holman Warren's left wing groups funding attacks on ice. Justice is coming. Oh boy. I don't know when the.
Speaker 1: Contacts do it, but good.
Speaker 2: You've got a militant, violent, organized Marxist groups breaking laws.
Speaker 1: They should be brought to justice.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty and how did it already get to be Thursday? The week is almost over January twenty nineth to year twenty twenty sixth or Armstrong and getting we approved of this program. Okay, let's begin officially according to FCC rules and regulations while Bruce works on his song about Lake and Riley and all the other women raped and murdered by illegal immigrants.
Speaker 1: Good one, here we go, at Mark.
Speaker 3: All we want is to talk to the person that local and state law enforcement authorities locked in the jail cell. They chose the lockedest person out. That's where we want to talk to the public safety track. So that argument is that protect victim, witness the crime, but it's it's a crap.
Speaker 1: It's crap.
Speaker 2: It's crap. I got most of that. Mister Holman is a fine fine law enforcement. Officially, he's got a bit of a speech impediment, I guess sometimes makes him slightly difficult to understand.
Speaker 1: Here's a little more Springsteen for you. Oh God, he won't relent.
Speaker 4: Their claim was self defense. Her just don't believe your eyes.
Speaker 1: It's her blood and bones and these whistles and phones against Miller and nomes, dirty lies, bo powerful stuff. Does he sing anything about her lip filler so much.
Speaker 4: Collagen swells her lips distracts me from her swinging.
Speaker 1: Hips or something. I don't know. It's on top of my head die.
Speaker 2: Shooting dogs and kicking cats.
Speaker 1: Christine Noman. I don't know he'd where it's at. I don't know. I don't know. The football coach never actually had a gun. Bruce, you're you're not helping.
Speaker 2: Uh, we got Katy's headlines on the way stay here. Was just ringing, reading and singing the lyrics to the new Bruce Springsteen Minneapolis protest song. Not everyone liked it. We got this text. Bruce string Cheese is the most overrated blowhard phony. At best, his music is predictable, knowing and pretentious. What a whiny douchewad poser. That's not a good review.
Speaker 1: What did he called? It was a two word review?
Speaker 3: Geese?
Speaker 1: What was the first name?
Speaker 2: Bruce bruised string che bruised Bruce bruised spring.
Speaker 1: How it was like the old spinal tap thing. It was a two word review. Hey, let's figure out who's reporting? What is sleet? Start with Kitty Green. We're almost not a time before we begin.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, the Big Networks ABC new video appears to show Alex Preddy clashing with agents eleven days before the fatal shooting. NBC orders are Tom Holman speaks in Minneapolis, MIT's immigration operations could be improved, and The New York Times Freddie shooting after math leaves Homeland Security Department in turmoil.
Speaker 2: Like many bad things, there are a number of reasons why they happened, and looking merely at one side or the other, it's probably not a good way to approach it.
Speaker 5: From Reuters, Trump warns, I ran to make nuclear deal or next attack.
Speaker 1: Will be far worse.
Speaker 2: They've got quite the battery of missiles, more than I'd been led to believe.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about that later now, Okay, you know, we should talk to Mike Leines about this. She'll maybe we have love that. Yeah.
Speaker 5: From the Wall Street Journal, Dow to cut forty five hundred employees in AI overhaul.
Speaker 1: Who is the dow A, Dow Chemical, John Industrial, Dow Johnes Industrial. Oh sorry, okay, okay, h New York Post.
Speaker 5: I nearly had a coregasm in my fitness class, the triggering exercise I now need to avoid.
Speaker 1: Okay, So if you.
Speaker 2: Work the core too much, you can actually uh reach bliss interesting almost your waist. That's what That's what I more pleasurable ways I have to go to the gym. No, no, you don't. Actually, that's what I call it, reaching bliss, reaching blissa.
Speaker 5: Classic firm study finds dirty diaper duty makes parents less grossed out by bodily messes.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, of course, you get used to it. It's part of live.
Speaker 2: Everybody poops, like the classic book says.
Speaker 5: And finally, the Babylon B foul smelling substance used in spray attack on elon Omar identified as Somali food.
Speaker 2: So it turned out to be apple vinegar water site, Okay, something. It's a weird thing to put in a syringe and squirt on a congress person and then spend like fifteen years in prison.
Speaker 1: For I would agree.
Speaker 2: And yet, what's a normal thing to squirt onto the plows of a congresswoman. Well, you know, I don't want anybody to get hurt, but I would think you're trying to hurt them or something. I don't know, what are you trying to do? Now you're going into prison, I don't know what did you accomplish.
Speaker 1: The are you weirdo?
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 6: The US military is fortifying its position in case of a potential strike on Iran. The USS Abraham Lincoln Carrier Strike Group is now in the Indian Ocean. President Trump has threatened military action over to Iran's crackdown on anti government protesters.
Speaker 1: Rights groups support.
Speaker 6: At least fifty five hundred have been killed, with an additional seventeen thousand deaths still being reviewed. Allies are urging the US not to strike.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as you mentioned the other day, this might actually be the biggest murdering of protests protesters in history or modern history certainly could be, Yeah, surpassing Tianman Square significantly. As the blazing guns were sent to many many cities in Iran and mowed people down, although I don't know how much that has to do with the fact that we've got the aircraft carrier headed there, and Trump has warned that time is running out for Iran to negotiate a deal in its nuclear program or face.
Speaker 1: An attack by the United States.
Speaker 2: In response, Iran said they've got their fingers on the trigger. Wall Street Journal reporting that despite June's twelve day war, where Israel pounded the hell out of Iran, Tran has an estimated two thousand mid range ballistic missiles left that can reach across the region and to strike as far as Israel. I did not know that any attack by the United States could quickly escalate, despite President Trump's preference for decisive use of force that does turn into a regional conflict. As I said yesterday, taking on the United States is a bad idea in a war for anybody, especially you know, smaller country like Iran. On the other hand, if you think the jig is up like this is, we're gonna get overthrown. I'm going to die in the street anyway, might as well take your shot and hope you can get them Gusta back down.
Speaker 1: Right right.
Speaker 2: And you know, even if you win a game fifteen to two, if those numbers indicate lives lost, it's a terrible cost. And during the June tussle with Israel, eighty six percent of the Iranian ballistic missiles were intercepted. Keeping in mind, as Jack mentioned, they've got a couple of thousand of them, but twenty eight people were killed. And then in June Israel neutralized about seventy percent of the missile launchers, leaving only like a hundred, but they definitely have potential to hurt and kill a number of people. On the other hand, I appreciate the fact that the Trump administration and Marco Ruvio, who I think is underrated, is not continuing the Biden Obama will just let you pretend to negotiate and run us around interminably till the end until you have nukes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't you having a message for the Uranian leadership? Don't. Oh my god, it's so seconding to hear. It makes my skin crawl.
Speaker 2: Mister Trump, and a message yesterday explicitly compared the build up of forces near Iran to what he built up near Venezuela late last year, just ahead of the operation that sees Maduro. Trump gave no specifics about the deal he was demanding on nuclear weapons, saying that only that a massive armada was headed toward Iran and the country should make a deal. But the United States and European are now now I'm reading from the New York Times of David Sangers reporting, But the United States and European officials say that in talks they have put three demands in front of the Uranians. A permanent end to all Richmond of uranium and disposal of its current stockpiles, limits on the range in number of ballistic missiles, and an end to all support for proxy groups in the Middle East, including hamas, HESBLA and the Houthis.
Speaker 1: That last one is the heck of a thing.
Speaker 2: That would be an old dog learning some seriously new tricks, yeah, or becoming a completely different thing and be like an old dog becoming a cat. But I thought this was an interesting paragraph, and it's true from David Sanger. Notably absent from the demands and any of the truth social posts and everything, any reference to the protesters, which is in theory what started this whole thing, with Trump promising in past social media posts to come to their aid. But he hasn't mentioned the protesters now in several weeks, and certainly didn't mention him yesterday with all the you know, you need to do this, you need to do that, he didn't say anything about protesters. Right, Certainly, the humanitarian horror at the murder of all those people, and multiples of the numbers we threw out earlier are in jail, being beaten, tortured, starved, whatever, who knows, and more will be hunted down. So on a humanitarian level, it's absolutely awful. But the significance of the protesters geopolitically was that they indicated there was sufficient energy to overthrow the regime, but they needed a little help, which we weren't in.
Speaker 1: A position to give in.
Speaker 2: And I'm not saying that necessarily would have been successful, just that was the significance of the protests. So now that the protests have been killed out, killed away, and jailed away, would the strike that might have tipped the scales weeks ago do any damn good at this point?
Speaker 1: This is interesting.
Speaker 2: So an official who was deeply involved in the interchanges told The New York Times that this guy Argatchi, he's the foreign minister that we're dealing with is pretty heavily constrained because in the complicated Iranian system, there's constant jockeying between the Supreme Leader's office, the Revolutionary Guard, which is its own power center, the office of the President, which is a weird thing there. It's always been a mystery and u and you know, and then all the decisions and theory have to be made by the Supreme Leader Iatola Kameyne, who's eighty six years.
Speaker 1: Old by the way, man needs to gain it on Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: So you could have a situation where the Iatola is thinking, yeah, maybe now's the time to back off the whole nuclear weapons thing, and the Revolutionary Guard is saying, no, we're not doing that, or vice versa.
Speaker 1: Who knows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, iron watchers will tell you and have three years. Nobody's really sure exactly how it works inside their halls of power, and it's quite possible they don't know or it changes. Yeah, it's not it's not a consistent thing. It's a who seems to upper have they upper hand this week. Yeah, it's good. This history is weird, you know. And I love, I love. That'd be a great title for like a super big selling book about history.
Speaker 1: History is weird.
Speaker 2: But if you're kind of like a drive by get the headlines person on history, you hear like all these really big things, but there's often like a couple of lead up things that are super fascinating that get left out, And like you could see this unfolding where we go to war with Iran, they still have the ability to fight back there. I mean, it's a full it's a pretty serious war for a week, two weeks, whatever, and history will forget that. We're all emboldened by what happened in Venezuela a couple of weeks ago. It just went so smoothly and so easily that it made us think, wow, we can do anything, and.
Speaker 1: Then we got ourselves into this.
Speaker 2: I would love to hear somebody really really learned talk about the way power works in Venezuela and how it works in Iran, and what it might look like if you did the same thing in Iran. You yanked the iotola out by his beard, as you've suggested, maybe you bring the IRC to its knees, you humble them completely, and then you go with the what appears to be the very strange current plan of Venezuela, it don't make me do it again policy, and just that could be in dicks and so now they've come to heal at least to some extent. But it's the same people in charge. So I can that work again somewhere? Is it going to work in Venezuela long term?
Speaker 1: Who knows?
Speaker 2: But if it turned into a hot war and they get some missiles off at some of our bases and you end up with a dozen ms or yeah, but we end up with a dozen twenty eighty you know, soldiers killed. I wonder how the country's going to react to that. I think the reaction might be, what the hell are we doing of fighting Iran? Because people haven't been paying attention to the lead up, right, And well, even if you are paying attention to the lead up, though, I would like to know exactly what we're trying to accomplish.
Speaker 1: Well, it'd be nice if they said it out loud.
Speaker 2: I think are our main enemy for the last half century, who's killed more American service members than any other entity on the planet, is at its weakest point, and here's a chance to take it out. But we haven't said we haven't said that out loud to prevent many more deaths in the future. It would be the rationale. But I would like to hear the rationale, and it needs to be since you were talking about the politics of it and American support, it would need to be clearly enunciated. I think if I'm the Iatola, I get simply Safe because I think, good God, they're gonna come yank me out by the beard anymore right now. If I have the simply Safe system right now, with the AI powered cameras outside my palace and can spot real threats like Seal Tame six, maybe I should stop this whole metaphor or analogy enjoying it and instantly alert live agents. Because that's what happens with simply Safe at your home. Yeah, because some of those other services they like give you a notification, right they got a camera and they tell you, hey, there's somebody outside your house and you're asleep or in the gym or in a meeting, on a plane or whatever. No, Simply Safe they have the live agents that take action when the intruder's still outside. Before they smash their windows, they talk to them through the camera, let them know they're being watched. Police are on the way, they can blast the siren, light them up with spotlight. It is so much better end right now. No long term contracts, of course, they earn your business every day. You can get fifty percent off any new system this month only. It's a great time to upgrade to security that actually helps stop crime before it starts.
Speaker 1: Go to simply safe.
Speaker 2: Dot com slash armstrong. That's simplysafe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe flag simply safe. So there's that that could end up being the dominant story for quite a while if we end up attacking Iran, but who knows.
Speaker 1: We might talk to Michael Lions either today tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Good an idea of what their military capability actually is there in Iran.
Speaker 1: It's a big country, ninety million people.
Speaker 2: They've been involved the military stuff for a long time on a regular basis, so it's not like they're not used to.
Speaker 1: Fighting, right.
Speaker 2: So coming up, I'm really excited about mailbag. We have a couple of insightful, knowledgeable emails about the Frankus in Minneapolis, specifically the shooting of the nurse fella Alex Pretty and that whole freak is really good stuff.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: Look forward to getting into that. And if you haven't heard the latest the latest video that came out from the gentle peaceful protester and what he was doing a week ago, that's pretty interesting. If you haven't been on top of that, we'll get to it.
Speaker 1: Stay here. Seahawks currently about.
Speaker 2: Five point favorites four and a half point favorites in the Super Bowl. That's what the betting line is currently. Have I mentioned it's all about the matchups? I think I did work that in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's your freedom loving quote of the day.
Speaker 2: Continuing our series from Ben Franklin, the last two today and tomorrow will be about aging, both terrific. This one is really interesting. He's talking about the idea of social programs for older people, pension programs in effect, and he said, I fear the giving mankind. A dependence on anything for support in age or sickness, besides industry and frugality during youth and health, tends to flatter our natural indolence, to encourage idleness and prodigality, and thereby to promote and increase poverty, the.
Speaker 1: Very evil it was intended to cure.
Speaker 2: The founding fathers understood human nature in a way that we ignore well, right, their highest priority was understanding human nature and being. Really, if you set up a welfare state for the old, some people are going to live their lives and not the best way.
Speaker 1: Counting on that.
Speaker 2: Well right as opposed to Look, if I'm going to have a decent old age, I need to be frugal and I need to work hard. And everybody knows that there are no exceptions. Everybody knows that every day of their lives, or you flatter their natural laziness and encourage you know, wild spending and well laziness. Well done, Ben, Well done. Mailbag prov's note Mailbag at Armstrong Yetdy dot com. Often I will lead up to the featured emails, but I want to make sure there's time for them. So here we go on the topic of the unfortunate shooting of mister Pretty in Minneapolis. Two emails of note this from Drew the Millennial. Regarding the shooting in Minneapolis, people seem to struggle with two concepts, what should happen and what will happen? Also what you can and what you should? Can you take a concealed handgun to a federal agent operation legally?
Speaker 1: Yes? Should you inject yourself into that situation? While armed. Probably not.
Speaker 2: You're not interacting with a piece of paper that has a law written on it. You're confronting a fallible human being just as capable of making mistakes as you are. So it doesn't matter if the law says it can or cannot happen. The law is only as reliable as the people enforcing it. So should that man have been shot, probably not. Will you get shot if you do what he did, pretty good chance. Yeah, You're putting your lives in the hands of other flawed human beings.
Speaker 1: Avoid that when you can.
Speaker 2: You know what drew the Ben Franklin, you know, great great grandson.
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: I've said that sort of thing to my kid, ending with that sort of statement, avoid.
Speaker 1: That if you can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, indeed. And then this terrific note from U Will from Sacto. Guys, your coverage of the shooting the man in Minneapolis with firearms seems misguided in some ways. I agree one hundred percent that you should be able to protest while armed, you know, And we've gone over this. It's just one of the difficulties of not listening to every minute of the show is we can't take on every single angle of every single story, every single time it comes out, And what is.
Speaker 1: Your excuse for not listening to every minute of the show?
Speaker 2: Exactly my point? Yeah, yeah, what were you doing that was more important?
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 2: Back to Willex CD, who can blame it? Was that the new Bruce saw? All right, more on that to come, But he writes carrying a firearm carries special responsibilities. I have three times pulled a legally carried firearm on people. Once I saved a woman who was getting beaten to death. Once I saved my ex wife ninety pounds from a two hundred and fifty pound man and tried to attack her. Wow, I'm one hundred and fifty pounds five force. She may have died if I didn't have a firearm. I've been pulled over three times by local police or the HP while legally carrying I have served as a twelve be combat engineer for eight years, and I have extensive training and understanding of how to act when you have a firearm. In each of these cases, once law enforcement made contact with me, I placed my firearms. Spit around first, you spit on the cop, kicked out the tail lights and tried to fight them. No, when law enforcement made contact with me, I placed my firearm on the ground, got on my knees, and placed my hands on my head to signal to the police that I'm disarmed and I'm not a threat because getting shot ain't on my BINGO card if I was ever armed, and law enforcement tried to arrest me, even if I was innocent, last thing I'm doing is resisting arrest. This man had a firearm, actively got in the face of officers in their legal duties, and then when detained, fought them to the point it took like six cops to subdue him. Your legal right to carry a weapon goes out the window when you start fighting cops or otherwise commit a crime. There will be no tears or sympathy from me. You don't fight cops, You accept your arrest and you fight it in front of the judge with a lawyer. Even unarmed. Fighting cops is something you do when your IQ is below freezing. And believe me, I cannot stand government or police abuses. All this, plus the fact that these officers are routinely attacked, are you taking chances when it's your life and your ability to be a father to your kids when it's in a situation where agitators are attacking you, you can't hear anything because of their whistles. You're subduing an aggressive male who is armed and is reaching for his holster. Maybe that's when you're fighting somebody, it's hard to interpret what arm motion is doing what. But and then you hear a shot go off me, I'm turning that man into Swiss cheese and like three seconds and I wouldn't even feel a moment of regret or sorrow for doing so. I'm coming home to my family after my deployment that I go on to make my country safe for the arm man who gets in my face can enjoy the rest of time six feet under.
Speaker 1: That's some cold stuff. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think you probably would feel regret.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I probably should. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you absolutely should.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, it illustrates the many steps down the road of this is really really stupid.
Speaker 1: This guy took.
Speaker 2: Well, now that we've seen the video that came out yesterday and we can talk more about that later, but spitting on cops, kicking the car, I mean, you were not a peaceful protester. You were an active interventionist, aggressive, you know, a part of the whole melee.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And on a different topic, I love this from JT and Livermore. We mentioned that the Democratic Socialists of America are actively pursuing ties with the Chinese Communist Party to promote anti imperialism against the US.
Speaker 1: JT.
Speaker 2: Rights, Wait, what the Democratic Socialists are working with China and agenda based on anti imperialism against the US?
Speaker 1: WTF?
Speaker 2: China the country that's flexing its imperialist ambitions against Taiwan, the Philippines, and Japan, the country making and militarizing islands in the Pacific Ocean. The country is supporting Russian it's imperialistic attack and takeover of Ukraine. How stupid are these people? Well, they are stupid, JT. But they're also friends of convenience in the way that revolutionaries always have been. We need to bring down the power. You want to bring down the power, Hey, we want to bring down the power. You know, we're going to have to fight it out amongst ourselves when the revolution's over, but we both know that, and it's just the way it goes. So yeah, yeah, And the Mayor of New York belongs to that party, building active ties to Chinese communists. What are the best exercises to keep your old age the way you would like to be the last years of your life. New York Times is an interesting article. Maybe we'll get to that a little bit later. Something that's not controversial or frightening or depressing. If you missed a segment of the show one of our depressing segments, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty