Speaker 1: Also media, welcome back to Behind the Bastards, a podcast brought to you by no major streaming networks. That's not a thing that we're doing. Ignore whatever it is, Sophie says after me.
Speaker 2: That was so fucked up?
Speaker 3: Was up? That was so fucked up.
Speaker 2: I can't even tell you, guys, so many meetings that I've been in. I can't even tell you. I was like up at five in the morning clipping together something for I work so hard, and Robert's like, mind you.
Speaker 3: You work so hard.
Speaker 1: We're trash anyway, work hard for our network that has nothing to do with a major streaming service anyway.
Speaker 3: Try so hard and come so far.
Speaker 2: Wow, Wow, I'm really glad props here for this anyways, Just just wanted to give a little PSA at the top that if you're an audio listener, not a single thing has changed for you, my friends, you can still listen to this podcast wherever you get your podcasts. iHeartRadio, app podcast blah blah blah blah blah. And there's a PSA at the end if you're forgetting what I'm saying up top. Also full video episodes of Behind the basswards and now streaming on Netflix, Dropping every Tuesday and Thursday. So hit remind me on Netflix so you don't miss an episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and look, I know what you're all saying. Netflix only had one demand, which was that we stopped making actionable threats against it. Yeah so, and you know, I feel like that's a fair compromise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, hit remind me of Netflix you don't miss an episode, and then for clips in older episode catalog, continue to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Respect, that's that's that's what's up.
Speaker 3: Yep, look, mama mon Netflix, there you go.
Speaker 1: I'll say, well, let's stop talking about streaming and start talking about something important, which is our guest for this episode, Jason aka Prop the best guy here. I'm so we're back back baby, back in the New York mood. Not really.
Speaker 2: We got photos back from the live show we did last year, and I was just looking at at it and it's the three of us. I was like, damn, I gotta frame this ship.
Speaker 3: We look like.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like our family photo album. I need it.
Speaker 3: I love you guys, listen.
Speaker 4: It is a blessing and honor to be here to talk about some sort of piece of ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, man, you know what I'm saying. I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: I was just over here jamming some Barrington Levy calling ice murderers.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying I have.
Speaker 2: I have shocking news to start this episode.
Speaker 1: Oh that's that.
Speaker 2: The pastor of this episode is not a man.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, we're doing We got a lady bastard this, We've got. Things are dark in the old United States these days, so I figured we'd take a trip up north to our our normal and mentally healthy neighbors where nothing crazy ever happens. Obviously in Canada. And let's talk about one of Canada's most notable bastards of the moment, Queen Romana Didulo, the Queen of Canada, which does not have a queen. Uh I did for a while.
Speaker 3: Ka who.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So she she is talking about. She's essentially a Queanon influencer who's starting in like twenty twenty one, declared herself the Queen of Canada and she's been declaring things ever since, living in like an RV caravan with all of her followers. It's good stuff.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, on behalf of everyone who's just nervous. System is beat to crap. Man, Thank you, thank you for giving me some fun.
Speaker 1: This absurd mystical creature, no gicide, no real body count.
Speaker 3: She's oh man, I need to do so much.
Speaker 2: She's you know, and Robert scripts it says she might be an alien.
Speaker 1: Like I love it. She might be an alien, she might be psychic. But she's definitely a cult leader, right, thanks me. She's not a good one, which we don't talk about enough. Oh god, dog listen man.
Speaker 4: I was here for the the Thomas Jefferson's I was here for the Lost calls for the crack attack.
Speaker 3: I was here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, fun's good. Yes, yeah, we have a good Yeah. I feel like this is also, you know, because Himler. If you're comparing if you're out there trying to make your mark as a monster and you're comparing yourself to someone like Himmler, you know, you're just kind of wind up feeling inadequate. And I don't want any of the cult leaders that listen to this podcast to feel inadequate. You know, there's been a series of threads going around on Reddit where people are pointing out that, like, you know, how few people actually make over one hundred thousand dollars to be like, hey, if you're making less than that. You don't have to feel bad. And I want to do the same thing to the cult leaders out there. If you're a working class cult leader, you know, really busting your to keep a dozen or so people, you know, locked mentally in the chains of slavery to your insane will, this is for you. You know, we cannout. You can't all be all Ron Hubbard, can all have a skyscraper in downtown Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: You know again, I appreciate you saying this. This is like the the DEI affinity group of That's right, bastards.
Speaker 1: And trust I appreciate this.
Speaker 4: And you know what, it's just like, listen, man, all of us don't start off you feel me, Like we all don't start off with the privilege of being a six foot white dude. You know what I'm saying with the money endowment where you can just buy land, you feel me. Jim Jones, you know what I mean, Like some of us got to get it out the mud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to like get people okay with the fact that, like, if all you can do is really completely destroy the mental freedom and sovereignty of like ten people, you know that's enough. You're valid as a could leader. And that's what we're telling Romana. You know, I get it all.
Speaker 3: So you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: If we talk about Canada, I mean they got stuff like healthcare and like you know what I'm saying, so they're kind of like they kind of really don't got nothing to complain about, you know, So to get somebody to fall into a cult in Canada, like I mean, good for you.
Speaker 2: You feel like they have something to complain about.
Speaker 1: They've got played about largely the cult leader. The Coles destroyed their lives.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I was gonna say, uh uh Drake, but.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say Tim Bets, but he's already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, car Kenny already took care of that.
Speaker 4: I'd also like to say that, like not that I would ever, ever ever give a high five to any sort of Western world leader, but Matt Carney just got his bars off, like I'm gonna I'm gonna give our Mark Corney.
Speaker 1: He was a good little Davos speech.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he got his bars OFFNA appreciate that. He was like, can we just stop capping, y'all? Can we just stop pretending?
Speaker 1: And again that's part of why I support the Queen of Canada, right, is that for too long Canada has sat in the shadows as American cult leaders have gotten all of the attention, you know, just because we're better at cults than Canadians, you know, a lot better, like way better. But that doesn't mean there aren't Canadian cult leaders. And today we're going to talk about one right now. As I noted, Americans are better at cults. And so before we get to her Royal Highness, I want to talk about a different cultic movement that people generally say helped prepare the ground for Romana's cult. And this is an American cultic movement, The I AM Activity. And it's always spelled I AM in all caps and quotations in an activity with a capital A. That's the name of the movement. And it's like a Christian faith movement from the United States. Kind of that turned it like a self help cult got cropped up.
Speaker 4: You got to say the whole thing like a pim named slick back, the I am the I.
Speaker 1: Am exactly the im activity. Yes, you have to say, can't abbreviate it. People will know what you're talking about. So cropped up during the peak of the Great Depression at the start of the thirties, which is, you know, a good time to be starting a cult. A lot of our New Age movements have some to some extent their origins and the Great Depression, and the I AM movement has its roots in the city of Mount Shasta, which is the least surprising thing on earth. You've ever been to Mount Shasta?
Speaker 3: The Californians in the chat Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know they're already in cults.
Speaker 4: You already know liked you, you feel, you feel the cult vibration as soon as you leave the Bay Area.
Speaker 1: Like you live in Mount Shasta, you've already been told to cut ties with your friends and family and hand all of your money to a carra.
Speaker 3: Over They guy Rica, brother.
Speaker 1: It's a lovely town. But Mount Shasta is a big volcano situated in northern California, not that far from the border of Oregon. It's very pretty, it looks kind of like a lady h and the town there has a reputation for being a hub of the New Age movement and various cultic groups like today, if you go there today, there's a lot of wou shit in Mount Shasta. And this has been the case for a long time. Shasta kind of helped lot of birth to the New Age movement.
Speaker 2: A mountain looks like a lady, yeah.
Speaker 1: It was a new one kind of Yeah, yeah, the mountain yet it kind of has like the silhouette of a lady, so the native said, And it does. If you look at it during the sunset, it looks like it you can see your face.
Speaker 3: Oh, I gotta know, she's a pretty mountain.
Speaker 1: Sie.
Speaker 3: Shasta would just like white women with dreadlocks.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, there's there's them there too, but they didn't start being there. So it has a reputation for being a hub of the Age movement. There's also persistent rumors that aliens live inside the mountain, right, yes, yes, And I can confirm that there are mushroom aliens living inside Mount Shasta via four independent interviews that I conducted with guys I got stoned with at growhouses in the area. So you know, that's that's as solid evidence as you're going to get that there are in fact aliens living in Mount Shasta.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, that's a triple source confirmation.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly. Any newspaper would print that. Yeah. Anyhow, the root of the proud tradition of kookiness in Mount Shasta starts with a local man named Guy Ballard, who, while hiking on Mount Shasta, received a vision from Saint Germain. Now, when I heard that, I was like, Oh, this guy's probably Catholic. Some Saint visited him, right, that makes sense. You know, Catholics are always talking about the Saints visiting them. That's not what Saint Germain is. If you look up Saint Germain online, you come across two different things. One is a kind of elderflower liqueur that you've probably seen in bars. It's got a pretty distinctive looking bottle, okay, and it I think it's named after a long dead confidence man who was not at all a saint, who described himself as a count, and who made a bunch of famous friends, including Voltaire, and told them stories about being five hundred years old and all knowing.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this was a guy a few hundred years ago who just kind of he got famous for going to parties and lying about himself, right, which was easy to do back then. Yeah, you know you was gonna check.
Speaker 3: We're gonna check if you won't five hundred.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, exactly, as long as you're as long as you're in a different city than you're from. No one's figuring this shit out.
Speaker 4: There's there's a little bit of like I kind of like like gaze back longingly over those days because I just feel like, like if you think about like the whole plot of like the born Identity, it's just with facial recognition, you just don't have a movie like this guy got all kind of like passports to say where he's from. It like excuse me, sir, can you step over here please? Like there's just you can't have a fake ID, you know what I'm saying. So the idea of saying, because the Internet exists, that I could be like, oh, yeah, no, we're actually royalty. I'm from Ethiopia, Royalty. Like there's no way for you to check. Like now it's like, sir, you were born in Inglewood.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. And Guy Ballard is yeah one of these he sees this Saint Jermaine fella, and I don't know exactly they had to categorize Saint Jermaine. I think we have to file him under the category of like con artists whose cons have been lost to obscurity because he's he's hanging out only around rich people, and he's lying to them incessantly. But I don't know, like entirely what the grift was, right, Like, what was he what was he getting out of this? Was it just that he got invited to parties and he got to stay at rich people's fancy mansions. It may have been that, right, Yeah, And he was He was a charming guy by all accounts, and multi talented. He was good at music and stuff, so he was fun. You didn't have TV back then, so a lot of prominent people. If you're just interesting, you could get invited to rich people parties and make an okay life for yourself because there was nothing going on and all of the other rich people are pretty boring. He published a bunch of sheet music in his time, and he wrote two books of magic. One was shaped like a triangle and detailed a ritual that would provide the practitioner with unnatural wealth and long life, just as the Count was said to possess. And his books became influential among the occult and as a result, when the Theosophists came around in the late eighteen hundreds, Helena Blovotski declared Saint Germain to have been the most powerful wizard of his kind in several centuries, and that his astral form had visited her and bestowed secret wisdom on her. Right, this is amazing. There was kind of when we get in the end of the eighteen hundreds early nineteen hundreds, that big occult wave that kind of does in a lot of ways leading to like the Nazis and stuff. Saint Germain is just from a previous era are a couple hundred years earlier. He's one of them those famous guys who was like into magic and everyone just wrote about him. So she says, oh, he visited me and he taught me his secret powers, you know.
Speaker 3: And so he visited.
Speaker 1: Right exactly forty years like forty years after he visits Olovotsky. And so, okay, I bring all this up because Guy Ballard didn't just invent Oh, Saint Germain, that's an interesting figure from the past who said taught me something. He's ripping off Blovatsky, right, got it, Like she was the first one doing this. And so Guy is like, well, I'm looking to make a name for myself. I want people to see me as a as a cultic leader. I guess I got to have Saint Germain back me up too, right, okay, And so Guy Ballard takes this this, you know, and he says, basically, Saint Germain told me his secrets to long life and you know, mental powers, and I'm going to teach him to you. That's the that's the basis of the I Am Activity, right, which is this mystic educational movement based on Saint Germain's supposed teachings right up on the website the I Am Activity always all captain in quoation marks I Am. Don't you ever say it differently?
Speaker 3: Listen like a tribe call quest.
Speaker 1: Got to say it exactly exactly yes, so write up on the website New Religious Movements dot org. The core teachings of the IAM Activity center around the presence of the I Am or God presence within each individual, a divine spark that connects everyone to the Creator. Through specific practices such as decree, spoken invocations, and affirmations, followers aim to realize their divine nature, achieves self purification, and ultimately ascend the higher spiritual realms, emulating the ascended masters. The Ballad's teachings also incorporated elements of American patriotism and nationalism. Clearly the United States had a unique role in the world's spiritual destiny.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 4: This is so there's so many like like uh, seasonings of like Pentecostal Christian in that like you're declaring the I am that I am, and you get to speak speak the power of existence.
Speaker 3: Bro, Like let me tell you something, right, Like.
Speaker 4: I could already see where that hot does got how did Christian?
Speaker 1: And that's it's worth it. As you pointed out, the I am and I am activity is a reference to the Bibles and to God. I am that God said to Moses. Yeah, what God said to Moses? Right, And and that's what you know, it's possible. We don't know. Romana is going to say a lot of stuff that references aspects of the I AM activity. I don't know if she's aware of the original cult or if it's just because the I am activity kind of becomes part of foundational American cultic lore, and as is always the case with the stuff, pieces of it wind up picked up by generations of later cultames and thrown in not just cults, but thrown into different aspects of like New Age thinking. So think pieces of Ballard's work kind of wind up in self help books and stuff for decades to come, which may just be the extent of like where how she picks up on little elements of this right now the I AM activities. You may have guessed with the fact that most of you probably hadn't heard of this this night before. It was not a huge hit. It's just it's best it was not. It was like middling. I'll say that it's great. Claim to fame was a Supreme Court case US v. Ballard over whether or not it was fraud for leaders of a supposedly religious movement to collect donations based on religious claims they did not themselves believe, and the case was launched after Ballard's death. People sued and argued that like his wife and son who'd helped with the cult, didn't really believe in anything, and thus we're committing fraud when they took it more than three million dollars worth of donations. The Supreme Court ultimately decided the question itself is inappropriate for a court to ask, right, we can't even rule on this because us the idea that a court would have anything to say about whether or not someone legitimately believes in a religion they espouse is inappropriate basically like we shouldn't even we shouldn't even be here, you know yah, which is I'm so mixed about it because both, if they had ruled yeah, that's fraud, maybe a lot would be better, But also it really isn't a court's place to say, I think that guy doesn't believe what he says he believes. That's not really weird, like a religion, you know, crime, Like.
Speaker 4: That's interesting, and and like how could a court call that like to be like it's, yeah, that was super interesting. It's like I don't know about your faith, buddy. You know what I'm saying. You said you believe you believe it, Like.
Speaker 1: Because it's it's one of those things. I can imagine a million problems we could have avoided if they ruled differently, but also a million new problems that we would have told we were Like, now the court gets to decide if you really believe in whatever you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, what's one of the problem Which one of these cans of worms do we want to open? You know what I'm saying, like, yeah, because because you like you know, even fast forward to you know again, American Pentecostalism, Like, how many of you would have been like, hey, bro, you you really don't believe you could heal that person, do you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You mak it.
Speaker 1: But what you pulled out of them, that's chicken gizzard. You don't think that's really.
Speaker 4: That That is not real, sir, Yes, And he's like, it would be your project.
Speaker 1: I feel like there is a line where it's like, yeah, if you're like pulling chicken gizzard out of people pretending it's cancer, you're probably committing fraud. That's right. Cross it a line. But if you're just asking do you really believe that people can chant themselves in immortality doing this or whatever? Like, yeah, I guess I can kind of respect the Supreme Court being like, this isn't even our place, Like this isn't even an appropriate thing for there to be a court case of att It's really mixed. But I can see the logic, you know. So the movement limped along, the IAM movement. They won this case, and they limp along until Ballard's wife dies in the early nineteen seventies, at which point leadership passed to a board of directors. The group is still kind of existent today, the I am, but like they've got like a newsletter. They publishers of shit. But it's not like a thing anymore, not really. As I said, it's relevant to us because pieces of it have been passed down in New age and cultic and a cult explore ever since in the United States and to a lesser extent in Canada. And the IAM movement is relevant primarily to us today because Ramona Didulo would later ape a lot of its core language, knowingly or unknowingly. And so let's turn to her. Now, Okay, the purported Queen of Canada was born in the Philippines, and given her age, would have had to be born probably sometime in the nineteen seventies. We get very little detail from her early life that can be confirmed to any degree, and she doesn't seem to have made a ton of claims about her childhood and life before coming to Canada. Most of the stories we do have concern her grandmother, who is a sort of error figure within the cult that she's created, and Ramana says that her grandmother, a first grade teacher, raised her to speak five languages fluidly. Researcher Christine Sarteeshi of Chatham University is almost certainly Didulo's number one biographical expert, and she writes of the Queen's further claims that same grandmother mounted a strategic defense and offense and successful blocked the Chinese from invading their regional stronghold during World War Two. This claim couldnot possibly be true since during World War Two, Japan, not China occupied the.
Speaker 3: Philippines because they wouldn't there.
Speaker 1: She's gonna say a lot about fighting the Chinese. This is a family business to her. But again, they they have, they got other shit going on in World War Two. They're not in the Philippines.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm a bit like almost equal parts satin and excited that this is a keeni, that this is like a Filipino woe.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah yeah, I was like, oh, she's from a Philippines.
Speaker 4: Okay, So that adds a layer of like awesome and again not for lawers here, yeah, new for newcomers. As y'all can see my face. My stepmother's Filipino. So like, I'm part of the culture. So there are things that I could participate in that I can only participate in because one of my moms were Filipino.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she is did you Loo. She doesn't inphas size that part of her heritage very much. She'll talk a little bit about her grandmother, but she's not she's not massively like she's more Canadian, I think than anything else. Because she leaves she's very young, right, and it doesn't seem like she has a ton of contact with her her family over there, although that's kind of unclear to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, does she go to Toronto?
Speaker 1: No? No, Vancouver?
Speaker 3: Oh kill her if she.
Speaker 4: Goes to Van Yeah, I was like, cause those are two very pretty big, like Filipino populations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I don't anyway, she may have been closer to her family there. We get very little about her life before she comes on the scene as a cultier, but she doesn't talk much about anything to do with her like background, really like because she's very she has a vested interest in not having you think about her before she was the queen, right like that that's kind of why so I just there's not a lot to say about that account, right, Yeah, yeah, Yeah. Her father was a lawyer and an engineer, but he dies when she's ten. Her mom dies a year later, and so she's raised by her grandmother for a couple of years, but not long after her parents die. When she's fifteen, she moves to Vancouver and she's raised by other relatives there. It's kind of unclear, you know, how much of this is her grandparents, so they move with her. I actually just don't have that information. And that's really about all we've got as refers to her early life. We don't have any sort of real documentation about her outside of this. Sarteeshi and a journalist from Vice, Max Lammereaux, are kind of the two people who have really delved into her background a lot. So I am, I haven't. There's a couple of other things I found just from like shit she's written online, but most of what you're going to find about her is from those two. And there's just not a lot that's known yet about what was she doing the first like forty years of her life. Right, You know, who doesn't have a public life because they live only to serve you and to bring you joy. It is known. Yeah, the products and services that support this podcast, that's right.
Speaker 3: Glorious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and we're back. So when Ramana next appears on the public record, she's a Canadian citizen and an entrepreneur. She seems to have run a couple of different companies, and I know Mac Lamora of Vice is someone he's reported heavily on her, and he seems to think these businesses that she had were some kind of con but the specifics of maybe how she was trying to con people are unclear. That's at least how I interpret something that he said on the qan on Anonymous podcast. Mac, if I got your meaning wrong, I apologize. That seems credible to me, although again we don't really know what she was doing with these businesses. We have very little on them. Yeah, so Teshi right side, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well hold on side.
Speaker 6: Note like.
Speaker 3: QAnon feels like a fever dream right now.
Speaker 1: It's still there, but yeah, I have passed it too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was like, wait, that happened at work? Yeah, because our nature of work, we know it's still kind of there. But I was just like brod Info's wet to the They storm the capitol.
Speaker 1: They stormed the capitol. They won, a lot of them got into positions of power, and they seem almost to like I think a lot of the folks who have gotten into power who started out being q pilled and east and chunk of them have had to even pull back somewhat because once you're in office, you can't like there's not a lot that you can carry further from a lot of the qan on shit, Right.
Speaker 3: That's a real job. Once you get to it's like, this is actually a real job.
Speaker 1: I got like stuffed. I'm in a griftin too, but like I can't. I can't keep talking about how all of my colleagues that I work with every day have secretly been executed. Like that doesn't make much sense with this guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do love I do love the idea of a conspiracy theorist, you know, as pilled as that. And then you get to finally, like the deputy director of the I don't know, interior for agriculture, and you're like, oh, it's just spreadsheets. Yeah, everybody here is just doing spreadsheets. And now I'm one of them, and now what do I what do I do?
Speaker 1: It's the sad thing when you really come to like, growing up, I was a conspiracy theorist, not like in a literal believer way, but as like a fandom. I enjoyed the conspiracy phantom. Right, it's fun.
Speaker 3: One of my OG's.
Speaker 4: Ok, this is a diversion, but it's very funny. One of my OG's told me a joke recently, and like he called me, my man Jonathan, he called me, he said, he I got a joke for you. He goes, Okay, this conspiracy theorist dies and he goes to have it and he's sitting down and he's talking to Jesus, and Jesus says, hey, you know what, ask me anything, and the guy goes, all right, JFK, what happened? And then Jesus goes, dude, it was Lee Harvey Oswald, third story, single shooter, right out the window. He got him three shots, all from him, and the conspiracy theorist goes, man, So this thing goes higher than I even thought. Think Jesus is in on the conspiracy also anyway, Yeah, yeah, I was looking at Sophie.
Speaker 1: I mean I've been saying that for years, because who else would have had the power to drop someone like JFK, you know, of course, but I so like, I mean, obviously Bernie Sanders, but of course, of course you get to like you get to this point where you study the world enough to realize that, like, there are conspiracies, but they're all as you said, they're mostly guys with spreadsheets. Even the conspiracies are like, they're not usually fun. They're like some guys hiding a bunch of financial crimes on a spreadsheet, or like hiding the fact that they're bribing people to put in place a law that increases their bottom line by five and maybe that also kills a few hundred thousand people, but they're doing it because it makes them like eight percent wealthier, right, Yeah, and.
Speaker 4: It's only usually like four of them, yeah, like and nobody doesn't really know the whole story except for maybe two of them, dudes. But the idea that like, yeah, seventy countries have agreed that we're gonna lie about the shape of the earth, like seventy like you know what I'm saying, for sixty years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, they couldn't again, like they couldn't keep Like we're seeing the actual conspiracy now with like fucking Alex Pretti's murder right where yeah, we all see the video of this man who is completely unarmed and was never violent, just getting executed by an ice agent and then the government's like, no, he nearly killed him. He nearly killed that. And my friend is a conspiracy. But it's not like inner, it's not fun. It's just like, oh yeah, it's just a brute force of evil just lying. And that's like what conspiracy. It's never seven different kinds of alien have gotten together to like hide the fact that the world leaders are drinking the blood of children in order to get high.
Speaker 2: Yeah, literally say the exact same thing with Renee Good. She was gonna just gonna run this man over literally.
Speaker 1: No Epstein right where it's like, yeah, there was a conspiracy, but you guys looked the other way at this dude's shady financial dealings because he provided them with fifteen year old girls, right, like that, that's pretty conspiracy. There's no aliens, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Pretty simple.
Speaker 4: It's not blood sacrifices, it's young women. It's, yes, exactly the basic debauchery that we all know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's that's not very fun, which is why people like Romana Dulo have juice. Right, It's why all these conspiracy theory figures, why there's an appeal to them, is that, like, anything's better than realizing how fucked up the world is in such a banal way and how small your power is to actually do anything as an individual so you might as well believe that, like this guy who you met living in a fucking squat is actually secretly in touch with the alien masters of the universe and is the secret King of America or whatever. And if you just follow him on an RV, you know, that's way more fun.
Speaker 3: So much fun.
Speaker 1: Getting back to Romana here, right. Christine Starteghi has charted her earliest online presence, which seems to be an October two thousand and six article in a business publication that describes her as the president and CEO of Global Solutions Canada. The company description makes it seem like a rinky dink budget version of Sales Force. You know, it's a company you have that provides you with hr resources for your startup and their specific specialty was recruiting engineers and geologists for the oil and gas industry. And again, maybe she tried to make a real business and it just failed. I am assuming there was an angle here, There was some way in which this was fraudulent because of who she is, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, me and my buddies try to come up with this like a sentence to describe, like what some sort of company like that, Oh, Global Solutions LLC.
Speaker 3: What do we do?
Speaker 1: What we do Global Solutions lzie sounds real.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, what we do is we try to integrate and synergize between two different operating systems to make sure that we can streamline the the processes for the We just we synergies, like just just putting together a bunch of words.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you brought up synergy because during our first meetings with Netflix, they told us how important synergy was to them, and I said, guys, I love sinning. I'm sinning right now. I got so much synergy. I've got endless energy to sin. Never met sin out of me? Yeah, for lea reasons, never it happens. So Global Solutions, Geology, salesforce business whatever. That really was her subsequent venture. She has a series of real estate corporations that are described by Starteghi as shell corporations. And I have to assume that's definitely some sort of of course, right, Startegi concludes, did you lo also has two additional open businesses in London and Wales. Uh. No, substantial activity with these corporations is known. Success in the business world seems to have eluded her. Right, She's not successful, She's not making money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what does your real estate company do? Oh well, we we.
Speaker 1: Make sure stuff mostly the.
Speaker 4: Integration of you know, our our HR systems and our you know, you know.
Speaker 1: Send me fifteen hundred bucks and you'll find.
Speaker 3: Out things and I'll help you out.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: We could set you guys up, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, are you guys getting a gang of emails that are clearly written by AI about how you can synergize your companies.
Speaker 1: I get a lot of oh yeah, I get a lot of them from PR people being like, here's an article for your website that we think your readers would love. You can post it, and it's just like talking about how cool the CEO of this company that's going to fail in five months is. I love PR emails.
Speaker 3: Oh man, They're so great.
Speaker 4: And then I'll get a follow up page just making sure you saw our last email. And I'm like, I saw it go into my spam fold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought, so, I can't judge you. I have in my secondary email forty nine thousand done ready emails.
Speaker 4: So oh yes, like, you know, for the for the listeners and observers, like the the bit about Robert is he's actually a very good businessman. And it's it's pretty funny to see you.
Speaker 1: Click Sophie businessman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wait, let me finish, Let me finish.
Speaker 4: Is when I see like the and the switch is so quick because Sophie is like cutthroat, this will be here for this what we're finna do right?
Speaker 3: Like this, what I need?
Speaker 4: This? The bag where my money? Talk to me with my money ready, right, that's Sophie. And then but you don't realize because you know Robert's being goofy, and all of a sudden he clicks in and he says, well, actually, I think that really if we set up and you're just like whoa like so I just want to like put that out there, like Robert got a switch he got.
Speaker 1: Did I get my MBA from Harvard?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, let me into Harvard? I had like a two point eight GPA. What do you think they let me in?
Speaker 5: Did you?
Speaker 2: Did you see my face when you started this? And it's almost like wait, but Provert's a fantastic business partner because he listens to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a fantastic business partner because I let Sophie run things while I write about the Queen of Canada, much much like Bill Gates. So from other interviews conducted with people who saw her, and from other interviews conducted with people who saw the queen in her home prior to announcing that she was the queen, we can say that Didulo did not live well. People have described her his living in squalor and maybe having been something of a hoarder. She was I don't know if she was like poor poor, but she's like not, She's like lower middle class at best in terms of like income level. She seems to be struggling financially. Right, we don't have a lot of context here, but this is people who saw her house were like, she was not living well. She had a room, it was crowded and not very cleaner, and eyes like she's like, this is someone who's doing about as well as you'd expect someone who's orphaned at eleven and then has to immigrate to her new country to be doing right. Like, She's not someone who's living in a rarefied air. She's struggling, and she does not seem to have a particular position of respect or to be very well known by her neighbors. Right, and part because very few of them have come forward, is she's gotten more famous to even say negative things about her, which to me kind of suggests maybe she just maybe in this previous areas of her life, she was, if not like a shut in, then just not someone who was very much a part of the social life in her community. Right, Maybe someone who was very isolated given her proclivities, we can say, probably someone who spent way too much time on the internet, watching YouTube videos and reading articles about conspiracy theories. Right.
Speaker 3: I feel like she was in her own head for most of.
Speaker 1: Her life, just like the vibey idiot. Yeah right, that's the vibe. I kind of get vices. Mac Lamoreau has noted that in one live stream, she's claimed to have been homeless at one point and to have slept on the floor of a friend's nail salon. I don't see any real reason to doubt this. It seems pretty she lies about a lot, but that's that's I've known friends who've been in the same situation. You would they had to sleep on a few floors, you know, for her, as for millions of other people in similar situations, the twenty twenty COVID nineteen pandemic offered a lifeline. That year, she took the lockdown and the attendant explosion in conspiracy culture and fringe political organizing as an impetus to start her own political party, the Canada First Party of Canada and that of Canada, because what it could be a Canada First Party of I'm going to start the Canada First Party of America. I guess politics should be entirely geared towards what's best for Canada. First. Off of them are nukes. You know, they're better suited to them. And you know what, you guys can have Maine.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of we went to the R and C and they had all those signs everywhere that said make America great once again.
Speaker 1: You're like, didn't we already do it?
Speaker 3: You just added once?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, the Canada First Party of cant And she's seeing the Party of Canada.
Speaker 2: The Canada First Party of Canada, the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.
Speaker 1: Glorious, She's seeing all these. Number one, she's stuck inside, yes, but everyone's stuck inside, and she's seeing traffic explode. Probably just because of the things that she knows and brings up. She is familiar with a bunch of weird little particularly a lot of alien focused conspiracy worlds. She talks a lot about like the hidden secret bases that the Army's supposed to run, which we talked about in our UFO episodes. This starts out in like New Mexico because people are trying to hide the results of some like nuclear tests, but it's turned into today there's people believe like the Getty and Los Angeles has like a deep underground military base where they're like taking adrenachrome out of children. She's she's big into all that. She believes in med beds, which is this, these extraterrestrial aliens have these beds that will heal any sickness, and they're trying to give them to us, but some group of evil elites is keeping them away from us. Right, she leaves all of that stuff.
Speaker 4: Was I on this was I on the show for the for the for the alien conspiracy ones when.
Speaker 1: You don't remember who our guests.
Speaker 3: Was, Yeah, I remember us doing it.
Speaker 4: And then and how like the CIA or the Yeah, the government was like because it was like.
Speaker 1: The d i A or the military intelligence even that was fucking around more than the CIA with this.
Speaker 3: And they kept feeding secrets the Whomeboy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yeah, now you're you're tapped into the conspiracy.
Speaker 3: Brother, you might be on it, bro, you might be on the something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a few Sometimes it's like you all, like the reality is if he wasn't such like a flaming piece of vomit, like Trump is hilarious so far.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's funny, man.
Speaker 2: But if he wasn't so evil, you'd be the funny so evil.
Speaker 4: So for the government to be like you wait, you think Area fifty one is aliens?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me tell you.
Speaker 1: Some more like that. Fun he's even more going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bro, you don't even know to have homeie.
Speaker 1: So that's a chunk of the conspiracy culture that she seems to be most inundated in. And during twenty twenty, she's watching traffic to all of the different people that she watched all these videos. It's all going up, and she's seeing, you know, she's watching the news. She's seeing the protests and stuff all over the in the US. But she's also seen like the anti lockdown protests in general. It's hard not if you have and I think most people who have cult leader Jews have a kind of sixth sense for timing for the lick yep, and I think for her, it's like, this is the time to try something. People are uniquely vulnerable and I can maybe get it and maybe change my shitty life if I guess, if I can rally a following around me. So she starts the Canada First Party of Canada. Know Your Meme describes the party platform as generally opposed to progressive, socialist and liberal ideologies, as well as what it describes as the U wins and globalist plans to turn Canada into a third world country. The website for the party seems to have been created sometime during the early summer, and by August it's telegram page had about seventeen thousand members, which probably didn't translate to more than a few hundred Canadians who would call themselves members of the party. But first off, for someone who's living alone in like a in hoarding and like a tiny room, suddenly got seventeen thousand people on your telegram page saying they believe it, that's got to be addicting, right, That's like.
Speaker 3: That's got to feel amazing.
Speaker 1: That's like giving someone with a congenital predisposition towards addictive behavior their first hit a heroin where they're like, oh.
Speaker 4: No oh, no oh, changed, Yeah, this is what I've been waiting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I've been looking for a drug to destroy my life. Thank god, my lord.
Speaker 3: You know it's also interesting too, like.
Speaker 4: And it's like, this is the part about like con artists and hustlers that I still like, I still kind of trip out on because I'm like, Okay, so when I think about, like, there are some I can think of three dudes that I grew up with that I'm like, I have known for over twenty years, and I realize I know nothing about you, Like there's a way that they and and there there are a lot of them are like like hustlers, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, but there was there's a way for them to like really the knowledge of knowing how much to tell you and how much not to tell you, and but you but it feel like it feels like we're friends, you know what I'm saying, And I do believe, like you know what I'm saying, this person like thinks one of the homies. I remember it was like I looked up like this dude was in Cuba. I was like, what are you like he's visiting Cuba, like he just went to Like you know what I'm saying, I'm like, you went to go visit Like I'm like, I have known you for twenty years, you know. I mean like I've been to your house and I realize I don't really know you, you know, So I think that there's but there's this sense of like you said, just like sentence to know, like time to talk, time to shut up, time to go, time to get out, Like I notice this the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's always it's it's always interesting when you run into people who have that like skill for for leaving some stuff on the table. I had an older friend when I was in my twenties, like I was a lot older, and we would we did like a biking club and stuff together and would hang out. And I'd known him for like two years, and I don't even remember how it came out, but he was just like, yeah, I did three tours in Vietnam. What Like what's like?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't you never mentioned anything like three is a lot. Most people didn't do that. Yeah that says something.
Speaker 4: What Yeah, but yeah, that's so even us knowing like what we know about her and then how much we don't know about her is like, yeah, you know, but but I feel like the people that are able to stay in the hustle are the ones that don't get addicted to the attention.
Speaker 3: Like, well, when they get the attention, that's going to be the downfall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, I think, because I think most cote leaders are addicted to the attention. But you're right, there's something, there's a degree, there's a degree of separation you have to have from the bullshit in order to be like el Ron Hubbard. I think always knew exactly what the bullshit was, right, and that's why he had the staying power and the success he did. It's not that he wasn't deluded about certain things, but I think he was generally pretty aware of what reality was and was just conscious consciously and he loved the attention. He loved being worshiped, but he it never I mean it did near the end of his life. It eventually did kind of overwhelm him, But for a very long time he was able to keep enough of an understanding of reality a distance to stay ahead of the authorities, right, ya say, even about and I want to say, like al Ron Hubbard was perfectly sane and rational. No no, no no, but he kept enough, he had enough of an understanding of what reality was that he didn't fall victim to his own bullshit. He lived a long life and died free.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 4: If you can hold on to something that's like this, I know is this is what I really am. You know, I'm saying this is why I really am.
Speaker 3: This is work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: On November twenty, twenty twenty, Ramana uploaded the first YouTube video to the Canada First Party of Canada's YouTube account, featuring a song that made it sound like every movie trailer from a decade earlier. The video otherwise had minimum featured, minimally competent editing and fairly clear audio, which sets her apart from a lot of people trying to like make fake vanity political parties. In this time, Sophie's gonna play you a little bit of the Canada First Party for Canada's ad here so you can this is her first, her first documented grift, So we gotta see this.
Speaker 4: Yes, but before you play this, like, I'm I'm gonna laugh every time you say that Canada First Party.
Speaker 1: Of Canada, Party of Canada. I'm a laugh every time.
Speaker 6: Okay, Hello Canada. I'm Romana Didulo. I'm the founder and the leader of Canada. First, it's time for us to clean up the swamp in Ottawa, to put an end the corruption, criminality, incompetence and lives in the government.
Speaker 1: See, you know, she is not pretty all what I think she would be. No, no, And that's the thing. She's not very charismatic. She's not a great speagrece. It's it's zero riz. There's again, there's effort, because that's a competently it's not like unclear the audios, it's not like good, but you're not. I've listened to a lot of these. Usually the audios worse and stuff like this. Usually the editing's worse. Like it was like she hit a minimum bar of competence. Yeah, which is how I generally describe her as a cult leader. She's not a good one. She's a minimally competent cult leader. And what's interesting is that she's managed to get a lot more attention than you'd expect given her generally low level of competence, which I find compelling.
Speaker 4: It's also a to me that like, this isn't like she's using the exact same Like it's like this is a bite, this is currently what we're saying, Like there's already currently this. Do you copy my whole flow bar for bar, Like it's already currently We're already doing the drain this.
Speaker 1: Swamp, Like yeah, yeah, exactly. It's just a ripoff of Trump is populism mixed with you know, Trump is objectively charismatic. You may not like it, most of us don't, but he's to the people. He's able, a lot of people do, a lot of people pick up what he's putting down. He can give us, you know, you know he used to be better when he was younger. But he can give a speech. She's not good at that. Right, she has no stage presence. It's one of the least energetic examples of vo I've heard in the right wing populist politics game. And this is kind of the big mystery about her. Right, she doesn't have any money, she doesn't have any power, and she's boring us. How why is anyone talking about the quate of Canada?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Because she's she's had a lot more of an impact than you'd guess, given all this, and I think the answer I have to give is sheer persistence. She seems to have committed to launching a career for herself out of the right wing fever swamps in the early days of the pandemic, and she's stuck to it tenaciously. I can imagine that watching the first four years of Trump's presidence, her first three years had given her a lot of ideas as to content and made it clear that there was no bottom floor of credibility as long as you hated vaccines in the un right, That's all she needed to say, and it didn't matter how much bullshit she was otherwise. Right. That's what works with these This first video only gets about twenty four thousand views in eighteen months, and the Canada First Party of Canada sputters out and there's not really anything memorable anecdote wise about it. They don't have any fun moments, they don't have any big conventions. It's a failed grift. It's mainly interesting because of what comes next. She pivots immediately from the failure of this political party to announcing herself as the Queen of Canada, and from the outside, that seems like a desperation move right, that probably shouldn't work. It's like if Trump, if like the campaign hadn't worked, and then he just started telling everyone he was secretly the king of America, you know, like that that wouldn't seem like a well considered pivot, right, Yeah, but it's going to work, right, And that's that's kind of what's most interesting to me about her. On May thirtieth, twenty twenty one, Digulo uploaded the first video on her personal channel announcing that she was Commander in Chief of Canada. That's before she's queen. She says that she's the commander in chief. The language in the video deliberately apes QAnon. She describes herself as as opposed by a deep state cabal tied to a global pedophile conspiracy that she was battling alongside white hats okay, which is a term that comes out of like the hacking world. Right. You've got like black hat hackers and white hat hackers, right, And the black hats are people who are trying to fuck up systems for their own benefit generally. The white hats are like the people who are generally defending against malicious hacking, right, Like, that's kind of the basic idea. I don't actually have a great handling on why white hat got taken up by the QAnon people, but it does. This is way pre didulo. This is the early years of Trump that they're starting to use the term white hats to talk about like and these are when they use it. It means the members of the government and the intelligence services in the military who aren't part of the deep state cabal, right, They're the good guys who are fighting this secret war.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Now, I can't find her first video, but if you've seen one of her pronouncements, you've seen most of them. So here's an example from less than a year after when she first makes her video. This is just to give you an idea of what it looks like when she addresses her subjects. This is filmed in an RV.
Speaker 3: Wait what you said, This is filmed in an RV.
Speaker 1: It sure is?
Speaker 3: What the hell?
Speaker 1: Okay those are r V grade curtains man. Yeah, all right, let's go.
Speaker 5: My fellow Canadians, I address you today as your Queen and commander in chief. We are on the eve of World War three. I asked that everyone come as one people and one nation and to work with the United States and all of our allies around the world. God help us and God speed.
Speaker 3: Oh my lord?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is she?
Speaker 3: Who are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's she's interesting because again, no charisma, no juice. Seemingly, I will say, she's putting some effort into dressing up. You know, the white the white jacket thing is a good call because it does kind of look vaguely regal, you know, don't give her that she got flags again, she puts in some effort, like it's not the zero effort version like she's got. She makes sure everything's white behind her. It looks vaguely, but it looks almost like kind of like an Air Force one type video. It's just her RV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's like production but the production value is like West Wing nineteen ninety seven very much.
Speaker 4: It's very much a TV show. Yeah in the nineties, Yeah about nineties.
Speaker 1: She's trying, but she doesn't have a lot of resources to try with, right, so she's taking as much as she can with what she has.
Speaker 4: I think I'm starting to realize how she even made it to your radar and into this podcast, because it's like, yeah, this is a very much of against all odds, because I there is no reason we should know anything about this person based on the two things that you just showed me.
Speaker 1: No, she should never have hit our art. But here's the thing. Part of why I'm doing this prop this is she's in our top four or five most requested subjects. That is, like anytime you go online to where people talk about, like, hey, what who should we do next, she's always prominent. I love. That's why doing her I.
Speaker 4: Think now I get like I'm telling you, man, like the vision is becoming very clear to me, like where you that you was like, Okay, she's definitely like a C minus thing. But the but the tenacity of like how you managed to poke through and get a number one record, it's just that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah with no bombs. Yeah, and I yeah, that's kind of the big mystery of her. So her first and second video she she puts out trying to claim that she's now in charge of Canada get roughly like fourteen thousand views in their first year each. So there's no sign yet that this Queen Grift is going to take her any further than the Canada First Party of Canada. It's a little less successful, it looks like initially, but trying your hat becoming a figure in the right wing fever swamps. It's a little like playing the slots right each time you pull that lever. Actually it's generally just a button the levers, the levers or anymore les. Yeah, whatever. Every time you say go right, you have a random chance of winning. And in this case, when it comes to being a right wing kind of conspiracy cult figure, winning means someone bigger in the movement catches onto your content and decides to either direct their followers your way or to play in with your bits. This is a big thing. This has been an aspect of UFO culture of like like the psychic you know, the whole new agent that believes that we have psychic powers where people will be like I'll play along. Yeah, I saw those aliens too, or that alien she's in psychic contact with. I'm also in psychic contact with, so you can trust her, right, And it's yeah, like.
Speaker 4: Are they just like a are are people like you know, posting and sharing it because they think it's funny or like you said, like that's what I was thinking. I was like, I feel like people are doing this ironically, But.
Speaker 1: Then I think that's a good chunk of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, even within the right wing, because it's like even the.
Speaker 4: Brain cooked folks still got some sense.
Speaker 3: To be like, well, this is just funny, this.
Speaker 1: Seems not Yeah, And I think I think most even most people on the right who are aware of her, like, well, this lady's a kok, right, and most of the kooky people on the right are aware that this lady is a kook. But in part, being made fun of and being ridiculous enough that you get elevated by people talking about what a bad con artist you are is part of how you get success in this field, because it just raises your general visibility, you know, like when people are talking about you and laughing about how silly you are. That also, that's another it's a free play of the slot, right, because maybe somebody who can burnish your reputation somebody else and will come across your shit that way and will decide to play in right or to share your stuff. So it's not necessarily bad for you to be initially just seen as a figure of like mockery, you know, which I think is kind of what happens to her. But as mac Lamora writes for a Vice quote, the Outlander self promotion went nowhere until a well known QAnon figure confirmed her in early twenty twenty one. At the time, the titular Q who drops clues for the community on Aitkun had disappeared and did Julo stepped into the power vacuum and if a matter of months, her popularity exploded. And this is important. We're in early twenty twenty one. Joe Biden has taken office. Trump is at least temporarily seems like he might be out of the game, right He was not wildly popular for the first couple of months after January sixth, and Q's not doing drops anymore. So there's still just as much as we're all aware of, just as much interest in this stuff, just as many people who are on board for these nonsense right wing conspiracy theories, but the most prominent people have kind of dropped out temporarily. And so part of why she gets success is she just starts trying to make a name for herself at a point in which there's nothing on TV. You know, it's kind of like one of those shows that wouldn't have been a hit if there'd been anything geeral on, but because there's not, you know, yeah, like Okay. You know, so this prominent QAnon figure who is the first guy who really gives your credibility, seems to have been a fellow who went by the user name Whiplash three four seven. He runs a telegram channel with about three hundred thousand followers, which makes him a fairly large fixture in the QAnon community, and like many influential q heads, he claims to have close personal ties to Elon Musk, Donald Trump, and JFK. Junior, who is deceased but they believe is secretly alive.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, forgot, he's alive.
Speaker 4: My bad.
Speaker 3: I gotta keep it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. And you know what never dies? Prop Oh? Man, gooneys the girl they had that that's actually the one of the Goonies must.
Speaker 2: Have died, right, Goonies never say die.
Speaker 3: They never say die.
Speaker 1: Figure figure out if one of the Goonies has died, and if they're all alive, hunt one of them down, and then Jesus off to ads. Jesus Christ, we're back. Sophie is telling me that we are not allowed to tell people to hunt down the cast of the of the classic film Goonies. They're wonderful people, They're wonderful people probably don't hunt them down unless you have like a really good shot at it.
Speaker 2: You're gonna get kicked out of Oregon for that tick because that was shot in the.
Speaker 3: Organ very much organ.
Speaker 1: I think it mostly annoys people from Oregon though, because that house, you know, that whole neighborhood probably property values You're swollen as a result.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 4: Imagine, Yeah, like every morning I kind of live next to a kind of like a cult classic location.
Speaker 3: I won't say exactly.
Speaker 1: Say which it is, say which it is. Let's move on from this. Yeah, you got.
Speaker 3: Too many listeners.
Speaker 1: Yeah. H So, in the space of a year, from like early twenty twenty one to early twenty twenty two, Didulo goes from someone who couldn't crack fifteen thousand views on a YouTube video to someone who, in May of twenty twenty one head close to twenty thousand followers on her personal telegram channel amazing, and at least hundreds of people claim to embrace her as their rightful sovereign and leaders. She's eventually going to get close to like it's going to be like eighty thousand or something like that on her telegram channel. So again, you know the guy who kind of vouches for her has like three hundred thousand followers on telegram, so she's never up to his level. But that's enough. When you've got like eighty thousand people following your telegram, you can pull out a couple a dozen folks who are going to be willing to change their lives to follow you in the real world. Oh no, that right, Yeah, that's enough. You know, it's not enough to be a big deal, but it's enough to change your your shitty life into something more fun. So during this first year, she's not out in public yet, no one's seen her. She's not traveling immediately, right, she's mostly for the first kind of few months that she's the Queen of Canada, she's just making videos and she's expanding the law about herself. She's doing a lot of live streams, she's talking a lot in her telegram, and you know she's thought this through to some extent. She knows that royalty doesn't just conjure itself up out of thin air. It's appointed by other royalty. Right, you can't just say I'm the queen. Some other king or something has to say I'm the queen. Kind of how it works. Generally, I mean, initially, there's always some guy who's like, I'm the king. Here's what a king is. Right, by this point, we've got a fairly robust system of royalty in the world. Someone knows about. Think we kind of know now yeah, yeah, now here's how researcher Christine Sarteghi summarizes Digulo's description of her own rise to power is recounted over a series of live streams and YouTube videos. Digito had been living with a roommate in Victoria, British Columbia, working a regular nine to five job. The two were living in a basement. At night and after working her day job, Romana was secretly interacting with a man she would later reveal as his Highness David J. Carlson, married to her Highness Sarah MG. Carlson, who is acting in the role of Commander in Chief of the United States Air Force Academy's Civilian Command of Military Operations, which what who what? That's not Commander in Chief of the Air Force Academy Civilian Command.
Speaker 2: Of what you're saying words.
Speaker 4: Again, Like the commander is making sure that there's a connection between the two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, She'll just call David Carlson, the commander in chief of the United States and king. There's a lot that's wrong about this. It's what you'd expect. She's she understands America as well as you'd expect from a woman from the Philippines who's lived in Canada most of her life, which is not at all. First off, the commander in chief is a role that the president has president where they're in charge of the military, because we're supposed to have a civilian who's in charge of the military. Right, it doesn't make you king, It shouldn't, right. And it's also there's not a commander in chief just of the United States, because that's also that's not what the job is. The commander in chief is like oversight of the military, commanding in chief of the country.
Speaker 3: So funny, it's so funny, dude, Like.
Speaker 1: There's a lot that's wrong about this.
Speaker 4: That's why I'm like, that's why I'm like, y'all have to be laughing at her, because that is it's funny.
Speaker 1: She does this too with Canada, where she will kind of sometimes, especially earlier on, she would sort of she would refer to herself as the commander in chief and the Queen as if they were the same job and they're not. They never have been. It's just kind of, I think, a misunderstanding, or she just likes the way the terms sound.
Speaker 3: Also Canadians.
Speaker 4: Canadians, from my experience, are actually pretty well versed in like American history and politics, so.
Speaker 1: Like Romana not Romana. Yeah, for a while, I think the overwhelming suspicion was that David Carlson was not a real dude. But after she mentioned him, he pops up being a very real guy. And Arizona, who does in fact claim to be the king of the Kingdom of America every time?
Speaker 3: Yes, Los Angeles angel every time?
Speaker 1: Yes, Okay, I don't know marking behind the scenes, right, Like, was he pretending to be the king to her and she found him on like his weird king website and they started talking and he appointed her I don't know, or did she start claiming this about him and then he came like it's a little unclear to me what came first, like with the chicken or the egg is in this situation, But she claims David appoint did her Queen of Canada in twenty seventeen. Now, this can't be true, right, there's no evidence of her. She wasn't a figure back then, right, she wasn't saying shit. It was the evidence that right. We have no evidence she thought of this until twenty twenty one, But the story needs to date back to twenty seventeen to make room for another crucial piece of Romana's hastily contrived and poorly conceived backstory. According to this tale, King David Carlson became aware of Romana and made her the Queen of Canada after she saved Canada from an underground invasion by the Chinese Communist military.
Speaker 4: Oh, single handle, that is wonderful.
Speaker 1: Now you have a reaction. I think a lot of Canadians are going to have a similar reaction because and it's sad. You know, in America we have the Korean War is our forgotten war, right, Americas just don't know a lot about the Korean War.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: And I think Canada, we can all agree. Canada's forgotten war is that time China invaded through a series of underground under turned back by a woman in her fifties. Oh, my lord, from underground, from underground, that is from underground. I love. Everything's got to take place underground. She's from that chunk of the UFO come where everything's happening underground everything. If you're like China invaded Canada, Canadians are gonna be like, I've lived in Canada and I didn't see anything. But if you're like, no, no, no, they came up underground. They were in the tunnels, like, well, maybe I haven't been to the top.
Speaker 3: One was up in the UK.
Speaker 4: It was underground. Its pretty cold up there. I don't think you could borrow dude.
Speaker 1: I don't think a cold place for tunnels.
Speaker 3: Why would they do that.
Speaker 1: I'm imagining like in a sort of situation here, which is what they're imagining right as part of what that movie was inspired by. As the story goes, there were Chinese soldiers that were like being stationed in tunnels that ran from Canada through the US down to Mexico. And the Chinese army was go to invade, and they were going to invade like Canada in the US and I guess Mexico simultaneously. And as they were preparing and getting their army in place, they were using the tunnels. Because if you've got these tunnels before they're filled with soldiers, that's a lot of a real estate outlay to buy these tunnels, so you're gonna use them for something, and the Chinese army use them to harvest adrenochrome from children.
Speaker 4: You know, So a multi national tunnel, like you say it through through three countries.
Speaker 1: Three three countries, a tunnel system presently underneath like all of the major habitation areas of those cities, right, I would assume.
Speaker 3: This is incredibleose countries. It's absolutely incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Now again she's cribbing from some old and well established conspiracy theories, which all have underground bases and cities and stuff about the you know, children being abducted to prevent organs and arcotics for the elite. This is none of this is new. She's just wrapping old stuff in her conspiracy theory. Christine Starteghi continues. Didulo claims that the Chinese Communist military is a front for the New World Order, Satanists and individuals who want to engage in eugenics. Did you. Loo asserts that she single handedly removed the Chinese Communist military from Canada and additionally the remainder of the world. It's got to be news to China. Didulo maintains that if the Chinese communist military attacked the United States as was planned, that it would have sparked a World war. She contends that her subterranean military achievements thus prevented World War three. For that, she was awarded her title ast Queen. The entire world, she explains, should be thankful for her monumental efforts. And you know what, prop let's end this episode right now by just just saying thank you Romana for stopping the Chinese communists from destroying Canada. And I guess also, America.
Speaker 4: I'm curious as to why your commander in chief in Arizona, Like why he ain't do nothing about it before he even.
Speaker 3: Got to Canada, Like why was he not? And why would you? Like, I feel like.
Speaker 1: He was the King of America, King of America.
Speaker 3: I feel like I would have an issue.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's down in Arizona. They haven't made it there yet.
Speaker 4: Way down south. You could have gave me a heads up that they was coming, yeah, saying.
Speaker 1: I feel like that they were kind of invade, you know what I'm saying. Yeah. One thing I love about this is that it is very clearly the kind of grift that like someone who doesn't know much about Canada or the United States really would make there's this almost like childlike vantage point where like, obviously, if there's a queen in Canada, she must have been appointed by the King of America, right obviously does that just makes sense because of course, which is you know, I think kind of offensive to most Canadian most even most crazy Canadians, But it makes a lot of sense when you think about like Romana's backstory that she's she does have this kind of outsider look where she's like, Okay, I gotta find someone who who could make me Queen of Canada, King of America about the King of America.
Speaker 3: Right, that's so great, This is wonderful.
Speaker 4: I'm still curious, which we'll probably get into the next episode, is like okay, but where's the back where's the money at? Where's the bag at? Like what are we are? When do you when does she get to the money? Like what is the Yeah?
Speaker 3: What is the thing? Yeah?
Speaker 1: It was the I mean the grift is she's going to raise money to support her quest to save Canada. Like that that's what it's going to be. You get followers and you take their money. Right and again, when I first read about her exploits tunnel fighting the Chinese army. I had the same question you're all asking, how did she do that? And unfortunately she never gives us to tails. She just says that she was unable to eat or sleep or think while fighting off China's invasion, and when she finally achieved victory, she wept and was allowed to eat and sleep again. I think, based on my knowledge general knowledge of these kinds of movements, that she she thinks she's claiming this was a psychic battle. She wasn't fighting them in a hand to hand combat. She was sitting in her house and became aware psychically that Chinese psychers were in tunnels underneath Canada, and she fought off China psychic warriors. So using psychic powers right basically? Like so that's a little unclear to me. Prop I think so. But I don't think she fought them physically.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. Why would they physical?
Speaker 4: Why am I asking about logic? But that means that see, but see we learn it here we learn and biomissions. See that means that, like your psychic fighting abilities has a range. It's more like radio rather than satellite. So you got to be a little closer to Canada. So that's the best way you might be in psychic war. You got to actually physically be on the Western hemisphere under our radio sig.
Speaker 1: That's why again, Arizona was just too far the King of America's psychic.
Speaker 6: Try.
Speaker 3: It's just a signal was to triumph.
Speaker 1: Maybe the caves were made out of dolomite, which we all know block psychic res. You know, no way to know, so uh. The Queen claims that after she finished defeating the Chinese, her roommate. It sounds like she's saying her roommate walked in on her. She doesn't exactly say this, but I'm guessing she was astral projecting. And then afterwards her roommate Caesar and is like, hey, what happened, And she's like, I am the Queen and commander in chief of Canada. I defeated the Chinese communists and if you tell anyone, I'm going to have to kill you. And that's not a joke, right.
Speaker 2: Queen having a roommate is really funny, It's very funny.
Speaker 1: It's really funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll just call uber e bro, Like, if you want to.
Speaker 2: Do anything, Yeah, I'm the queen. I'm gonna need your half of the utilities bill.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and here's the thing. What's funny to me is this is part of her story to her followers about like how she came to power, is like, and then I told my roommate, and my roommates started calling me your majesty from then on. Of course, she she's like he immediately recognized that I was the queen. I think this guy might have been both joking and also like, well, she's just threatened to kill me, so I probably don't want to push her too far. This is clearly an unwell person that I lived with. I mus kind of say your majesty and get on Craigslist to look for another.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Okay, your majesty, will is your turn do the bathroom? So I don't know if you got any of your royal subjects to come do this. It is your turn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you still got to clean the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was also interested in your your your acknowledgment of the tunnels being made of dolomite, and well.
Speaker 1: I assume it it blocks psychic powers. Maybe not her psychic powers, but maybe the King of America.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying my only reference to dolomite was a pimp from the Gripes.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, it was also a pimp. Maybe the tunnels in Canada were made from a pimp from the sa Okay.
Speaker 3: Cool, Wow, dolomite was a real thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, Uh, well, everybody killing me. That's this episode of Behind the Bastards Until next time. You know what you should do.
Speaker 2: Listen to hood politics you.
Speaker 1: Could, Yeah, sure, listen to hood politics. Listen to hood politics, and declare yourself or queen of whatever country you happen to be in. You know, all you have to do is defeat the Chinese military underground using your sage with your brain.
Speaker 2: Yep, I'm gonna work really hard on that. Behind the Bastards is a production of cool Zone Media. For more from cool Zone Media, visit our website Coolzonemedia dot com, or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts. Full video episodes that Behind the Bastards are now streaming on Netflix, dropping every Tuesday and Thursday. Hit remind me of Netflix. You don't miss an episode. For clips in our older episode catalog, continue to subscribe to our YouTube channel YouTube dot com slash at Behind the Bastards, We love about forty percent of you, statistically speaking,