Speaker 1: Welcome to Reality with the King. It's me Carlos Kings, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years a production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about. Hey, Ray drops On today's episode Reality with the King, We're back to discuss the amazing show called The Valley and the most recent episode. And I have a very special guest. He's printed the show. His name is Ryan Bailey. But today how about you say, Ryan, who are you today?
Speaker 2: I'm Ryan Caperna, I'm Janet and Jason's third so very excited to be here today as always, Oh.
Speaker 3: Jan and missus Jackson, if you're nasty? What episode this? Listen?
Speaker 1: This show is so freaking good. I love it so much. I always tell people it's sort of like the best show on Brava. Right now, I can't get enough of these crazy kids and Ryan, I can't wait to recap this episode with you, So let's get right into it. The episode begins with Danny and Jason having a conversation about this alleged drinking problem that Danny has. But by the way, let's just start here, Ryan, do you think Danny has a drinking problem?
Speaker 4: Well, listen, if.
Speaker 2: You, I mean, in all honesty, if you are grabbing ass and you do not remember it, that is an issue.
Speaker 4: That is a problem.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Do I think he is like a daily drinker, that he's like drinking rubbing alcohol? Not a chance in hell. But as Jason points out later in the episode, or maybe it was the after show, is just like, hey, if I did that, I would never drink again, Like if somebody told me I did that.
Speaker 4: So that's an issue.
Speaker 2: But it is so interesting because this obviously happened close to a year ago, and it's being pulled out for the cameras, when, of course they could have had all of these conversations if they were an actual friend group away from the cameras. So I think you're getting this like kind of double shock of my own behavior having to face that, and then on top of it, like, well, why didn't you tell me this when the cameras were off? Why are why aren't we Why are we having these conversations right now. So, I mean, I do think it's a problem, but my god, we're in a cast with Jax Taylor and Jesse Lally, which, by the way, you should rename this to rehap with the King, because you know your interview with Jesse Lally, anybody that had like anybody that thinks negatively of a cast member, you should they should come on this show.
Speaker 4: You need to get Janet next and see what you can do for Janet.
Speaker 1: To my Lindy, let's put at the request or Janet, because I really do want to get to talk to Art. First of all, Beck, you Rye by exclusive, what Jesse Lally was was very fun. I lacked the guy, icked the guy, and I happen to agree with you with terms of the conversations that they're happened with Danny boy. His drinking problem did happen a year ago. But it's so interesting is he appears to be very shocked that it is even a topic of discussion. And I think a large part of it has to do with the fact that he's like, are.
Speaker 3: You fucking kidding me?
Speaker 1: This happened a year ago, and you're waiting to tell a fucking cannon cameras, a round with the fucking diva light and overhead lighting and a microphone pack in our Levi jeans.
Speaker 4: He's like, I'm trying to enjoy a hamburger.
Speaker 2: We're having hamburgers and a beer, and like, I didn't know this conversation with and this is what happens, Like if Jax Taylor didn't enter a mental health facility, we would not be having this conversation right now.
Speaker 3: Potentially, No, totally, totally, totally.
Speaker 1: So I had to admit I was sort of caught off guard with Jason, who was pretty much trying to tell his boy Danny that, you know, it is kind of a problem because Danny's like, and I'll love a flashback. Danny's like, but that's not the message you said to me while it is happen. And I think that this is my theory. I think Janet, miss Jackson, if You're nasty, had pillow talk with Jason, has said, look, motherfucker, when you going that scene, I can't look crazy as the only person who thinks Danny has a problem. I said in the last episode, right, it was obvious.
Speaker 4: Wait, but I mean, like, there is not a doubt in my mind.
Speaker 2: And by the way, if you are in a relationship like that, you that is that kind of filter is going to happen. You are going to be affected by your partner. And you know, Janet is running her mouth NonStop about the potent, like she looks at this from ten different angles. On top of being a vander Pump Rule's reality show fan, which I'm not bashing, but she knows how the system works.
Speaker 4: So she even brings.
Speaker 2: Up like, quote detective Doty, which is the name the fans have given Dody over the.
Speaker 4: Years, So she knows every which way.
Speaker 2: And Jason, you know, he's just he's not a confident messenger. Luke has this a little bit as well, where they're like, in normal life, I wouldn't be doing this, but I guess I to have this tough conversation now where Janet runs towards a tough conversation, which is what reality stars are supposed to do.
Speaker 1: Yes, because one thing I like about miss Jackson is the fact that Janet has never met a camera she didn't like. You know, listen, I think it's all fair in love and war in this case, in the Valley and the rules of banda Pump she wants the gig.
Speaker 3: She is making shit happen. One thing.
Speaker 1: As the producer, I will say Janet is a producer's dream because she stands on her own truth. She moves story along, and she gives no fucks how she looks as long as the camera's on her.
Speaker 2: Okay, But Carlos, this is why you're perfect for This is what my curiosity and I think this puts the fans in this driver's seat where we're kind of swept up in the story, but we are now in twenty twenty five thinking about production and how you actually make these things.
Speaker 4: Is that Janet for the.
Speaker 2: Most part, is universally disliked by the Brav fan base, even me and you. I'm like, I can see what she's doing. I can see some positive stuff. It is moving story along. But what is that like when you're dealing with a cast member that you know is universally disliked and you're giving them the hot potato. How do you encourage them or keep them in the game or is it just their own ego that keeps themselves in the game because they've always wanted this and they don't care how they get it.
Speaker 3: No, that's a really good question, you have to balance them out.
Speaker 1: It's sort of like my study as it is a libra you know, it's all about the tipping scales of balance, and us libras try our best to be a balance human being and we fell miserably at that, but we do shout out to my libra range drops. But what I will say is you have to balance someone out. So obviously, when I worked on Atlanta Housewives in Jersey, Kenya Moore and Danielle stob right to two totally different women, it's something. They're there their place on this on their respective shows, but are called a villain by the Bravo audience. So you always try to find your best to show the softer side of them, like the Sharman tissue. Let's see the softer side of you.
Speaker 2: So like next episode, we're gonna get a scene with Janet and her baby potentially.
Speaker 1: Right, yes, yes, yes, you want to be The thing is this Janet doesn't mind doing her job, and her job is and this is when I say job, not that she's being a character. We all have our different personality traits. That's true to us, right, So when I say her job, she knows that her personality is. She likes to be nosy, she likes to say what it is, and yes, she has the propensity to understand that.
Speaker 3: I know how TV works.
Speaker 1: I'm a fan of it, but when you're producing someone like Janet, you do have to rull her back sometime to.
Speaker 3: Say, look, be messy on you want to we love it here.
Speaker 1: However, let's balance you out because you don't want a Janet to quit the show because then it's sort of like Jackson rehaff So, who the fuck do we have to start the pot?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean that's like the big question even in this episode, because we have the first appearance of Lala. She know, we had an appearance of last week on the hike with Michelle, but you know, Lala has her scene with Jesse, and you know, my thought is is this always planned or were they not scrambling? But like, let's do plan B. Now that Jacks is gone for seven episodes, let's try to protect this cast with additions, even though it does in my personal opinion, it does not need this like Lala.
Speaker 4: I mean that's like a that's giving.
Speaker 2: Like an easy hit to Lala, Like, oh, say something crappy about Jesse. You can talk about narcissism and walk off, and then Sheena, you know, jumps into the scene like classic Sheena. But does it really need that? And and why do they throw those things in? Was it because of Jack's Was that always the plan?
Speaker 3: Great question. I think it's a little bit of both. Right.
Speaker 1: What I'm starting to see is is this number one. We all know that at the end of the day, rain Drops the Valley is the quiet spinoff of Vanda Pump Rules. It's sort of the thing that no one wants to really talk about. It's a marketing.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, well, I mean why do you why do you think it's quiet? I mean because for me, I just call it like vander Pump Junior, you know.
Speaker 3: Because people got fired for misbehaving.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, this is like vander Pump with knee problems, like as you get older, this is what happens, you know.
Speaker 4: But I totally I totally get that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So I think that's the reason why it's like this quiet spinoff, although we kind of know what it is. So to answer your question when it comes to La La number one, I agree with you. I don't think we need Laala, and I'm a fan of Laala I think the reason why she was brought back. Yes, when it comes to Jack's you sort of need that. That's spitfire.
Speaker 3: That's number one.
Speaker 1: Number two, you want a test to kind of see the chemistry that a notable face has with this new crop of people. That's number two and number three, which to me is the most important. The way Bravo sort of sees Housewives as like a soap opera where a character leaves and in the world of soap opera, dies off and then comes back to Like we're seeing that for Paja Parks on Atlanta Housewives. You last saw her season nine. She's back for season sixteen. There was a seven year gap of no Fadra. Now that she's back, everyone presumably is happy. So with La La, it's sort of like, let's bring back these characters that the audience familiar with. But I think the reason why we all love the valley so much is because it's its own specialness. And when I see La La La La to me will always be bound the plumb rules. Kristin to me, And when I say this here met guys, Kristin to me fits way more on this show than band the pump rules because she fits this world and to me on Banda Pump.
Speaker 5: Rules La La Arianna Sheena, they fit that world of like we were Bartender, we made a bigger Hollywood in the entertainment industry, and here we are here us roar where I think the Valley gives me very much suburban lifestyle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean don't like last episode they're moving into their rental house, you know, in preparation of a family, and that is very different than you know, a Jax Taylor buying a home with Vander Pump money and then you know, obviously you know, not paying the bills for three months because he's living beyond its means. You know, there's something so like earthy obviously about Dody where it's very valley related and not star driven where Lala, you're right, Like I watched that premiere of the new season of Real Housewives in Miami which comes out in a couple of weeks, and.
Speaker 4: I loved it.
Speaker 2: But they were like they're dressed up like superheroes the whole time, Like they are so done up in every scene and I loved it. But that's not the valley. None of these people are done to the nines. I love that, and I wouldn't even say it's aspirational, but there is something recognizable about the valley that we.
Speaker 4: Can relate to.
Speaker 2: The only thing that I would say is the glaring issue is that in no way can we call this truly a friend group. Like, you know, if you are constantly talking mad you know, sahi t to everybody about the person you should be having in the conversation with, you would not hang out with that person eventually. So it's like this thin tether that keeps all of these people together. And that thin tether is just TV. It's just the fact of commerce and TV.
Speaker 3: No, it really is, it really, it really is.
Speaker 1: And what they're going to have to figure out is sort of like how they can make sense for the show to last multiple seasons with exacting.
Speaker 3: That they're real friends.
Speaker 1: Because again, that's the reason why I've had the pot rules have to be recast, because it was it was glaringly obvious that they just weren't friends. I want to get into what you mentioned about Jackson not paying the mortgage for three months.
Speaker 2: Classic Jacks, by the way, classic Jacks. Well, Jackson is dangerous. Yes, a month, three months, and Brittany was paying for the airbnb rental on top of that, and then in this episode he just slides it out there to Brittany that he assigned a lease on a new place right next to Tom Schwartz like and having not still paid the rent on the actual property that they own.
Speaker 1: Child, we are just getting started. This is reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. To my female listeners, if I didn't learn one thing from Teresa Judais going to prison, if you read every document your husband putting in front of you to sign, that's number one, but number two, know what the fuck your husband's doing. You need to listen. I want to see the castle check. I want to be able to log in if you're paying a mortgage in twenty twenty five, there's a website that you log into.
Speaker 4: Carlo by Carlos here.
Speaker 2: I think at this point, if something happens, we know that Brittany and Jackson will get a full pardon. I think with recent events, so I think they're safe. I think they're safe. I think that's a good third season of the Valley. Jackson Brittany get a full pardon for any financial misdeeds. But no, you're right, it is shocking that they live such public lives and then you realize that their private lives are disastrous in some ways, but also just the financial aspect of it, which is somewhat aspirational to all of us of like, oh wow, they can buy cool things. Is that is just full of smoke as well. It's all smoke and mirrors, and that to me is fascinating to watch the dissolution of even though it's really painful to think about their reality.
Speaker 1: No, it's really painful, but it's such an asshole thing of Jacks because at the end of the day, this is the mother of your child.
Speaker 3: So to risk your child being homeless.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, you have enough money to sign a lease to live next door to Tom Schwartz, who isn't the babysitter, do you know what I mean? So to need cops decision is horrible.
Speaker 2: We need to siphon off all of Jackson's Cameo money right to Brittany. It should go well, we should contact Cameo, but it like I don't.
Speaker 4: That's the thing. And even Jesse brings.
Speaker 2: Us up to a degree too of like the daughter or the son and these things, and it makes for good.
Speaker 4: Clips but I'm like, where is the action.
Speaker 2: Jackson will talk till he's blue in the face of like I do I'm doing this for my son. I'm doing this for my kid, and then when it comes down to it, he doesn't do any of the things that he knows would be good for his family and to put his son above himself, and that never happens. I mean, we've lived since twenty thirteen with the character of Jax Taylor. He has not really changed that much except he has new like buzzwords to speak about, and he's able to use therapy as a protection.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: You know, even in the after show, which, by the way, the Valley After Show, I so recommend on Peacock. It's like thirty minutes each week, but they speak and give it more context, and he's like, yeah, I picked a park to have that hard conversation with Brittany, and I brought my therapist along so you know, they could back me up in what I was doing with moving out. I want to know what facility this man has gone to, because it sounds so lax. He's able to go back home, fiddle with the cameras to watch Brittany, He's able to be on his phone the entire time. I don't know a lot about the mental health industry in terms of like rehab, but like it sounds like it's really loose.
Speaker 4: Well that's the thing.
Speaker 1: So apparently it's not even a rehab because in real rehab you can't leave the premises for a certain amount of days minimumly thirty. So it's I agree with you, it's it's I don't understand the facility he's in. I don't understand why he's able to go to a park and with his therapist and see his kids and they have to go back to the to the rehab station, but also am able to mess with the cameras he's watching Brittany, telling her I know what you're wearing. It's it's super gross and super controlling in how he's treating Brittany. And I know Brittany isn't the favorite of the show, but no woman deserves to be to succumb to that sort of mental abuse that he's displaying with her by telling her I'm watching you, I'm not paying the mortgage and Beth bah blah.
Speaker 4: Well that's I mean.
Speaker 2: That's the other thing is that the audience then goes into production mode of like, how does a producer determine when it's too far? Like obviously they helped or forced him into this facility in the first place, you know, because they were filming with him.
Speaker 4: It went too far.
Speaker 2: But when somebody is doing this many things like where is the point where it does cross this.
Speaker 4: Line of like we can't work with you. These are threats, even.
Speaker 2: Though you're saying they are not, it does get to a scary place. Like last episode Lala and the after show or no, maybe it was Lalla's podcast or something was saying listen, I told Brittany to get out of there because I thought she was gonna get hurt if she didn't. And I was like, now we're talking or insinuating physical violence.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty five, reality shows, as you know, have changed so much in terms of like what behavior actually is acceptable. And I think a lot of behavior obviously is still acceptable. But where as a producer, I mean, we've seen it with James Kennedy, We've seen it with all of these people. Where do you draw that line and still worry about the overall health of the show.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the thing.
Speaker 1: I think it's something where Brittany has to say out loud to them she feels unsafe, right because at the end of the day, they're not paying for the house we need.
Speaker 3: The production is Brittany's house. It's her situation.
Speaker 1: So if she feels unsafe in her own home, the only thing a production can do.
Speaker 3: And I'm not a lawyer, but I just base his office.
Speaker 1: Being a producer is sort of making sure the crew is not in the house, making sure she has resources to live other places, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But first thing first, she has.
Speaker 1: To vocalize it, because you don't want to step into someone's reality and alter it, because God forbid, if you do that, something else could happen. And it's because you remove somebody from their normal behavior and you're placing them in the hands of something else where. They didn't ask for you to do that, so it is very tricky. But first thing first, Brittany has to first say this and explain to them why apparently that hasn't happened yet. Now, look in Jackson Fence, they're having verbo spats that we've seen across all of these shows.
Speaker 3: I want to make that very clear.
Speaker 1: Nothing has gone physical, at least from what Brittany has said, all of it just appears to be this asshole of a husband she has who is doing asshole shit. And at the end of the day, there's tons of assholes who are on all across reality television for being that.
Speaker 4: But and that's not criminal, and that's not criminal.
Speaker 2: That is not criminal to be an asshole, whether you're a male or female. Brittany safe word needs to be Bravo, Bravo, effing bravo with production, like, if she feels safe, just throw that out there and they've got Brittany.
Speaker 4: But I will say also, like do we need Jax Taylor, Like, you know.
Speaker 2: Obviously he's not coming back. I think till episode ten, the show is sailing along without him. And of course we have these little like Blair Witch camera things you know, of him checking in, but we don't necessarily.
Speaker 4: Need that because we get it. I mean, it will be necessary.
Speaker 2: It will be definitely exciting when he comes back to see how he tries to maneuver within the framework that's been set up after he left. And you'll, you know that if anything, it's like I thought this was Sandobal as well, is that the only thing they truly love is themselves and the show. Like Jackson's like big argument with Britney leaving was that you took my dream for me and his dream sadly enough, was to get back on reality television.
Speaker 3: He said that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they talked about it more on the after show too. Was that he was like Brittany was like he.
Speaker 4: Said, he I took his dream away from him and how dare I do this? Because you know, she was the one.
Speaker 2: I think that maybe tipped off production, that it was in a really bad place because remember he threw the chair that we saw the broken chair of in that first or second episode. Yeah, well the king, the King has paused.
Speaker 4: Wow, well Beth.
Speaker 3: Well that's the thing.
Speaker 1: So I mean, look, when it comes to Jack's, I think what we have seen is the show must go on. I tell everybody all the time, everyone is replaceable. No matter how iconic you are, you are replaceable. When it comes to Jack's, Look, the storyline is still alive without him being there because he's misbehaving. Wherever he is child rehab.
Speaker 4: Or he's a David Busters Janet loves.
Speaker 1: It, Okay, Yeah, so wherever he's at, the stories alive. And I think a lot of it has to do with what his behavior is at this upcoming reunion that they already shot weeks ago.
Speaker 3: But as of now, as of now, the.
Speaker 1: Season is great without him, and listen, as a reality star, that's not what you want to hear.
Speaker 2: Well, this show is like the Little Engine that could, because when it came on, we were all like, who needs this show?
Speaker 4: I'm not going to watch this show, And then it turned out to be great.
Speaker 2: And then you lose cast members like Jacks and things like that, and it still works, and it works in this kind of mess of a way where I was noticing, you know, I say this every week or every day of like this show is so dark, but I don't say it in a negative way.
Speaker 4: That's what I've signed up to watch.
Speaker 2: Like, if I want to go watch lighthearted drama, I'll go to Summerhouse or another show. But if I want dark, there are so there's such darkness, like.
Speaker 4: It truly is.
Speaker 2: Like I said at the very last episode of The Valley, We're gonna find out that it was actually they were in hell the whole time. It'll be like, oh, this was actually hell. Oh that's why they kept saying it was so hot in the Valley. It's in the hell because it is any way you cut it. And then on top of it, they have kids. So when they show the kids like Isabella or something, it really like floors you because you're like, oh my god, we never change. We never change. We only just make like small adjustments to our lives. And I'm curious to see Jesse Lalley next season, like because you can almost forgive certain aspects, like he had that great talking head of like, Okay, she is a liar and a cheater, but maybe I shouldn't have said whore, you know, Like he's still with those two things. So I'm curious what his behavior is like a year from now, once the actual anger and resentment dissipates, if it ever does, to see who Jesse really is, Like is he a villain? Is he a bad guy? Or is he somebody that like really misjudged actions in a relationship and lost something that he never thought he would lose. But he's not like vindictive in the entirety of his life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, I agree.
Speaker 1: He gives me like this bad boy who really tries to do right, but he's battled between both worlds.
Speaker 4: So Charlae, wait, wait, Carlos, would you ever, wait, would you ever send Jesse Lalley twenty five hundred dollars Venmo for his birthday? Would you ever send him money.
Speaker 3: If I was a girl? No?
Speaker 2: I mean remember that was on the episode a couple of weeks ago, is that we found out get a gay man sent him money, and then they repealed it was twenty five hundred dollars on his birthday, and I was like, that's a great friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as a gay man, I think another straight well, as a gay man sending a straight man twenty five hundred dollars, I'm not doing that under any circumstance.
Speaker 3: If I'm a girl and I'm.
Speaker 1: Sitting this hot guy, twenty five hundred dollars is because I want them.
Speaker 2: So, guys, everybody, Benmo requests Carlos today, twenty five hundred dollars. Everybody everybody listening, ring drops. Benmo requests Carlos.
Speaker 3: You can find me under my government name. I'm teasy.
Speaker 1: I did think that was strange, but nothing to me was more stranger than Kristen claiming that Jason doesn't wear his bread his wedding ring because he's up to something no good. And then we have messy as Zach, who I love, by the way, who is telling Christ and obviously Christ is in her villain era and she's owning it. She's like, you fuck with Nia, I'm a fuck with you.
Speaker 4: But she says she's ethereal.
Speaker 2: She's an ethereal villain like she was, so she was a different form of villain on vander Pump Rules, and now she's like mother villain, like Mother Earth, mother villain. Like it's almost spiritual in the way that she's a villain on the Valley, which is very different. But this is what I'm talking about is that it is like it's like a separate government agency where they're all keeping files on each other and then they choose when to reveal the information and show their cards. And so this rumor about Jason Caperna about the wedding ring went back like a year and a half or something, and she said, I don't like what they're doing to Nia and Danny, so I'm gonna put this card on the table, and Janet, you know, really laughed that off immediately. Jason was like, oh my god, thank god, it's just that I thought it was going to be something different, But no, that's not true at all, And I just thought it's one of those other things if you really stop and think about it, of like, why are we not having these conversations when it's revealed? And by the way, shout out to Jasmine as well. A lot of this stuff seems to be coming from Jasmine, which I'm like, has anybody talked with Jasmine about why she doesn't actually talk directly to people and just really has the power behind people's backs, which I find interesting to explore. But yeah, I mean, I think this is typical Dody, but just in a new a new age Dody, which I'm here for.
Speaker 4: But then you have Janet.
Speaker 2: You have two people, and Janet realizes the power of Dody, and Janet almost aspires to be Doty like and Dody. You know, Doty has had a new level of respect the last three years, but I remember a time when people were really against Doty, so it's interesting to see her come into her power and Janet really wants want that power. So if you watch this show of like a Battle for Power, it's another additional way to enjoy the show because they're all making these weird chess moves. If you look into it and Janet has studied from past seasons of Doty, so she's like I knew Dody would make this move and I knew and you're like, god, this is so calculated, Like you know, they all have binders, Like that's what I want if anybody has Janet's binder of information to use, I mean, that would be better than Monique's receipts from Potomac.
Speaker 4: Like we need find her.
Speaker 3: Yes, what are your thoughts of Jasmine?
Speaker 1: Because she is sort of under the radar, sort of like you know, discussing things like Danny's you know, lack of sobriety sort of moving things around, but she's still very much isn't as she's not as in the forefront of everything the way Kristen is. Why is that you think is that purposeful of Jasmine being very smart in terms of let me drop it and then hide my hands.
Speaker 3: What do you feel?
Speaker 4: I mean, what we have like this?
Speaker 2: I mean we now know that Jasmine obviously is a reality show veteran. She was on Nick Vile season of The Bachelor. You know, she knows her way around the credit camera. I think at one point she was about to be on BANDR Pump Rules and it didn't happen.
Speaker 4: Years and years ago.
Speaker 2: I like that they have natural friendships with these people, like I can attest that that is completely real. The thing with her, I think maybe this is also a production of using her at like key moments, like she's key in the evidence portion of Danny, the persecution of Danny, and you can't take away her experience with her girlfriend.
Speaker 4: That has to be horrific.
Speaker 2: And what I love about Jasmine was that concept that I was unfamiliar with, of man, you don't understand a lesbian relationship.
Speaker 4: We are fetishized. We are you know, we come in.
Speaker 2: People are not respecting us in the way you do with the straight relationship. And that thought was so foreign to me, and I was like, oh, wow, you're actually I'm learning something from this. But she is just as messy as the rest of them. And when the show chooses to highlight that mess like we're seeing her talk about you know, she started the Jason stuff like texting Zach and Janet, like she seems to be in that kind of Janet Kaperna lane where they really do disc collect information and talk mad shit about everybody, even if you're friends with them. And so I think Jasmine is going to be a key player in Seasons to come. You know, Zach does it in a comedia like there's all a commune. But Jasmine also gets the angriest talking about a situation after the person she's angry with has left, like Nia last week. You know, they had this conversation like and Nia's like, I just don't want you to do it behind my back and da da da, and she's like They're all like great, and then Nia leaves and everybody's like She's like, what I don't like about Nia is this? And Danny did this, and she got all fiery, and I'm like, where was that fire when Nia was there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Sorry, I get wait too into this, Carlow. So I'm like, now, good.
Speaker 1: Point, listen, Ryan, points are made.
Speaker 3: So I'm with you there.
Speaker 1: When you saw Jason come front Kristen about you know, him not wearing his wedding ring, I'm kind of on Jason's side. I don't think he's doing it maliciously. I don't think he's trying to cheat on Janet.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I just you know, I think Kristen is definitely just trying to like something happen.
Speaker 3: I think it fell flat.
Speaker 4: Well, it's in.
Speaker 2: It's in like that Jesse Lallely on the first first episode of like, did you start that fight about Newport Beach on purpose to bother her?
Speaker 4: And he's like, yeah, of course, Like Dody is like.
Speaker 2: That, and Dody says that admittedly, if you f with somebody, I like, I'm going to come for you. And so this information has been in their back pocket for a minute. Even Luke was like, I don't know if you should be doing. I always love like people like Luke and Jason that are like, yo, this isn't like the reality showed. This isn't good for our souls in a like a way, like you can just tell there's like trouble, you know. So they're always really tentative. Even in the confrontations or Jason having to talk to Danny, you can tell they probably really stress. It natural for Dody and it just rolls off the tongue. But I don't think I think Jason obvious. I don't think Jason did anything. I truly think this was a rumor. But also the show will suss this out. Like the show, the show will uncover any sort of criminal activity.
Speaker 4: You just have to give it time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I don't think Jason's doing any What I did like towards the end of the episode was obviously not only Britney sharing with the group what her and jacksonre going through. I did like the fact that we had Tom Schortz making appearance at the end of the episode.
Speaker 2: It was like, his whole career is listening to people complain about his best friends.
Speaker 4: Like, that's his whole career at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that upon is all about Sandoval, and on this show, it's all about Jack's. Brittany is confiding at him about what has been going on, and Shorts just seems to be like, look, I don't know what this has to do with me.
Speaker 3: That's your husband. I feel bad this is happening to you.
Speaker 1: But the since I got from Schwartz is that's not going to prevent me from being this guy's friend.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so what are we doing here? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean there is a boy's code, there's a boy's chat, there's all of these you know, you talk about girls code, there is guys code. And at this point, if Schwartz has not left Jack's, and Schwartz is not left sand he's never going to leave.
Speaker 4: And I'm not saying.
Speaker 2: He's like, you know, he's an abused friend, but he is so used to Jack's behavior that I think they're all desensitized to it. Like Brittany, like everything's coming out about Jacks from like the previous ten years of their relationship, and everybody's super aware of all of the things he's done. But Jack's has some sort of I don't know if it's star quality or charisma where everybody's like yeah, because I was like you in person, he must just be so sincere that you can't help but like almost feel bad for him or just go, well.
Speaker 4: He's been good to me. He's been good to me, and that seems to be that lane that Jax lives in. But yeah, I would love Even on the after show, Schwartz has paired up with Jesse and Jacks and Schwartz even this week's episode was just like I hate to play, you know, like I hate to be like negative about this, but like, you know, if you took care of Brittany, that would kind of be taking care of your son, right, And it's just like, dude, you have to talk to Jack's like he's a child because you're scared that he's gonna be angry at you, so you have to present your argument, which is the right argument of taking care of your son in such a delicate way. And I don't, I don't.
Speaker 2: There's a mystery to Jacks that I don't think is worth uncovering. But it's just in mystery how he's gotten this far doing the same behavior again and again and again. He's putting out the same album every year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, which is why it was interesting to see the highlight of bringing a Jack sort of montage at the end.
Speaker 2: You know, sometimes I'm like, why don't they just do a full hour of montage, Like there are so many clips that you could pull from Jack's on vander Pump Rules, which they have all the footage of, and like even the never before seen stuff, like you would just do a super cut or do like a power hour for frat people to drink to of Like every minute you see a new Jack's angry, Jack's are arguing Jack's upset and you have like this entire history, Like that's why it's like open the schools. We have these ink of past Bravo shows to study and it's the same behavior and it's the same thing. You know, he'll call it work in progress or he'll call it something new.
Speaker 4: And at the end of the day, I do want Jacks to be okay.
Speaker 2: I just don't know if reality shows are like overall good mentally. I know financially they're good, but I get That's why I'm like, the Valley could get darker. You know, we think it's dark now, it could get way darker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'm hoping it doesn't because listen, it was another great episode. I really do enjoy this show because it's not about the fluff and the pompous circumstance, the money, the riches and all of that. It really is about this group of people who live in this certain part of California and they're trying to figure things out.
Speaker 3: And I like the fact that.
Speaker 1: It just feels way more normal than, like you said, on Miami Housewives or any Housewives by that matter, which is about the riches and everything else that I described earlier.
Speaker 3: So I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I hope it doesn't get dark, And I think I just hope that each of these cast members take a page out of what did not work towards the end of Vanda Pump Rules and they don't allow to happen to them.
Speaker 4: And what would you in your opinion, what happened to vander pump Rules. Was it just the.
Speaker 1: They Oh, for sure, they drank the kool aid and everybody thought they were the Beyonce of the show. Everybody thought that they did not have to give as much reality as they normally would. They got comfortable just becoming people that we didn't recognize anymore because they became guarded because listen and listen, no blank to them, right, there's no instruction manual that one has. The moment you come from obscurity to being on a hit show. You know, they were once waiters and waitresses and hosts and hostesses, and all of a sudden they're out of their apartment and they're living in multi million dollar homes in West Hollywood at the time. So it does something to your psyche. But you always got to keep your eyes on the prize, and that's why you don't look. Kyle isn't having the best seasons for the past couple of seas. Julie Hills Kyle Richard's, but she's the only standing o g on that show because she understands the importance of the show and her role, and I want everybody else to be that way. The same thing with Giselle Bryant, the same thing with or I'll even give you another example of what not to do. Don't do what Jersey did. Don't don't divide the cast, and don't develop an ego like stick it strictly to this is working and let's not mess up with the formula.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean to your point.
Speaker 2: I just rewatched season two of Real Housewives Beverly Hills because I was talking about the valley being so dark. And then I went back and watched season two of realized I was a Beverly Hills and I was like, oh my god, forget what I say about the valley.
Speaker 4: That season of Beverly Hills was insanely dark.
Speaker 2: You had the coming off of Kyle, you know, calling Kim an alcoholic. You had the tailor Armstrong stuff. And by the way, I was drinking, don't watch these shows while you drink wine.
Speaker 4: Because then I.
Speaker 2: Bought a used edition of Kyle Richard's Life is Not a Reality Show. I was like, I gotta, I gotta, I gotta dig into this, I gotta, I gotta check out. And you got a little Porsche there on the cover, and I like, I bought a US copy, that's how desperate I was. But there is something too, like watching Old Kyle at how they used to produce that show and New Beverly Hills. It's so different than that second season, and so that's why I think The Valley works. It's like the second season of Beverly Hills, where it is you sense a reality there, you sense a struggle that sometimes with other Housewives iterations, you don't sense a struggle at a certain point, even though you know it's there, we're just not seeing it.
Speaker 4: And the Valley you see it.
Speaker 2: And I also hope they don't podcasts because they all have podcasts and they all have you know. But I think it's one of those shows that I really look forward to each week, and even though it shouldn't work, it completely works. I just don't know how you keep that momentum going. And that's why I'm like always so fascinated to talk to you, because I'm like, you know the inner workings of how this stuff is made, and you know, it's like you can blame it at it, you can blame this, but at the same time we are seeing a version of actual reality of their lives.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, No, we are, we are, we are, and that's why for me, I just want them to stick to what it works.
Speaker 1: And I think based on how Jason I'm not Jason, how Jesse Lally came across a likable in my interview.
Speaker 2: Somebody's got a cross on Jesse. You guys, somebody's a.
Speaker 3: Question on Jesse.
Speaker 4: Do not tell Jesse check check yes or no. Jesse.
Speaker 2: There's a certain producer slash podcaster, slash entrepreneur that wants to that likes you. Are you interested to hand back this note to Bravo HQ by five o'clock on Friday.
Speaker 1: Regardless if I have a crush or Jesse or not, I'm not giving him twenty five hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Can we get it down to twelve hundred? Jesse? Jesse, if you're listening, can we can we get it down?
Speaker 2: We do want to support, like I'll even pitch it a couple bucks, But like a.
Speaker 3: Ryan, am I blushing anyway?
Speaker 1: All I'm saying Ryan is Jesse showed me that he's a work in progress.
Speaker 3: And what I want for all of the cast is to be a work in progress.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Carlos have we just like taken all the power out of the phrase work in progress because we've seen Jacks try for thirteen years, so it's like you're all in no saying, but like when you say you're a work in progress on a Bravo reality show, it's attributed to Jack's and then like it almost kind of like cuts you at the knees of like, oh right, yeah, okay, well I'll know it when I see.
Speaker 4: It, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, Laala was able to brush Jesse off like like you know, they gave Lala that easy layup with which, by the way, kind of a dumb move overall with La La because it's like, yeah, you want that moment, but if you are trying to audition for a space on the valley, you can't just cut people off like that. It's good for the moment, but that's all it is is a moment, and then it makes it reminds people of what they didn't like about her on the last season of vander Pump Rules instead of maybe a different side of La La that we haven't seen, if there is one, because you know, what is like the feeder system is house of villains traders like you know what, other whatever, other reality shows that there's a feeder system from this one. So I do wonder sometimes about these people if they feel pressure to try to get more on the valley.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, awkward.
Speaker 1: I think La LA's choice should have been to not give what's expected, and it would have been a nice surprise for us to see her still be La La and spicy. But I think that she was very aggressive and that's why Jesse gave her nothing.
Speaker 3: Because he knew she was auditioning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you.
Speaker 2: Want to get popped, let's go. Also, I mean, if she was smart, she would have tried to make out with Jesse. Don't get jealous, Carla, don't get jealous. Don't don't get upset. Carlos God, it's okay, he loves you, but like you gotta let him. You gotta let him cook.
Speaker 3: You know, ah rot I to talk to you on that you are so.
Speaker 4: I know you guys.
Speaker 2: I know I overtalk, but I get so sad because I know we're like probably at the end of this, and I'm like, oh, I just love I love talking to.
Speaker 3: Carlos so much, soy please, I love our banter. I really, really do.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for coming into roality with the King, but you have your own very hugely, wildly successful podcast. And I, first of all not sure if I mentioned this to you. Maybe I did, but I'll do it again if I did. I really enjoyed your integration with The Valley by the way, oh thank you yea from only getting in.
Speaker 2: The car and oh yeah, I did the Valley Van, which I mean, talk about being scared out of my mind. I was in a car with Jax, Jesse and Schwartz and you know, I've talked mad shit about Jack's for years and like, at the end of the day, I do want him to be okay, but it's like we talk about these reality shows and you do, like I make jokes about it, like I'm critical about it. But he was like, do you talk shit about me? And I was like, I've had some opinions over the years, like I thought I was gonna and the dudes put on like fifteen pounds of muscle. But he was actually a super fun experience and in that way, they were all like nice guys, you know when you're dealing with them in that kind of situation. But it was like Jack's just kept saying, it's the it's the worst year of my life. This has been the worst year of my life. And Schwartz was kind of making fun of him in the backseat of like, oh, you're working PRIs. Oh you know, it's like it's it was. I felt like I was on an acid trip. I was like, there is no way I'm in this car with these three men right now.
Speaker 3: Well I've joined it. I joined it.
Speaker 1: But let my Raindoss know where the kids support subscribe. Oh yeah, and like your podcasts, Yeah, it's called so Bad It's good. We do shows pretty much like every day.
Speaker 2: There's a Patreon as well, but we cover like Valley in Summerhouse and I'll do huge recaps of that.
Speaker 4: We do a pop culture round up.
Speaker 2: I had the director of that new Sherry Peppini, uh four part docu series that was insane. We just had Philip Solomon from Dealer No Deal Island. Who's actually you would love Philip Solomon. He was He was so good on today's episode. But yeah, there's different guests every week, so it's interview, pop culture and recap. So if you ever want something, it's always there, but no pressure at all to check it.
Speaker 3: Out rain Drops. Check it out if you have it, I know you have, but just check it out.
Speaker 4: If you haven't.
Speaker 1: For those who did it, subscribe to like it. It's very diverse in terms of what he's talking about with these shows, and he gives. As you all can tell based on this episode. He has such passion when it comes to these episodes, so it's always good to know that the person you're listening to loves it just just as much as we love listening to it.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's it. I mean, it really is about love. Like at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: I we know that sounds so cheesy, but it's like, God, I just feel so lucky to be able to talk about this stuff and whatever I can do to like keep doing this.
Speaker 4: I'm just thrilled.
Speaker 2: Like I never thought I would talk to you one day, Like I remember five years ago knowing who you were and going, oh man, I'll never so like stuff like this. I always feel like it's like this make a wish foundation. So it's awesome. I just really appreciated.
Speaker 3: I love that. No, this is great. This is great.
Speaker 1: Ryan.
Speaker 3: We'll love to have you back.
Speaker 1: On and rain Drops.
Speaker 3: Check out his podcast.
Speaker 1: Please good luck with Jesse, dude, let me get let me get my cash appen zel together.
Speaker 4: Ryan, Bye, dude.
Speaker 3: Thank you for listening to Reality with the Kings.
Speaker 1: New episodes drop on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King.
Speaker 3: Wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 1: Visit Reality withthe King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Yes Baby, my YouTube channel where you can get all of my visuals, baby, my expressions, Yes, and don't forget. Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using.
Speaker 3: The hashtag Reality with the King.
Speaker 1: Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Rain Entertainment, an executive produced by Me Carlos King, Kingdom Rain Entertainment, Baby m