Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to another episode of Bust with the Boys. I believe this is episode one ninety seven. Am I correct in saying that that's outstanding. Boys. We are slowly creeping up, combing up on two Hundy, just a bus and a small dream. That's surprise for two hundred. Oh, I think two hundred people are going to really enjoy that. They're absolutely going to enjoy that. Another thing you might enjoy is the playoff season. And well, the playoffs are upon us, but one team has already won it all. That team is the Chevy and it's star player, the Silverado, a truck with unstoppable grit and determination. According to JD Power, Chevy trucks have earned more New Vehicle Quality awards than any other brand. And that's some serious hardware. Do the boys a favor? Head over to Chevy dot com to learn more. Silverado as strong and dependable as people who drive them. For JD Power twenty twenty two US award information, visit jdpower dot com slash Awards Now I am, I will say this weekend, big weekend, big weekend, weekend, big weekend. I came home from new work. I was out with the family yesterday and I did do a little drive by at a Chevy dealership and I saw a little piece. I liked, what was it? What kind of piece? I've always wanted a diesel. I've always wanted a diesel. And I saw a twenty twenty three Chevy Silverado Durham X twenty five hundred high Country and that thing was fucking nice. Dude, get the dude. I got the fever right now for a truck because I am in the market for those of you wondering, which I don't know why you would wonder, but I am in the market for Yeah, what's he up to right now? I bet he wants it that money. I think that's the new Chevy Silverado. Do you want to because the vehicle I'm driving right now is unfortunately not a Chevy, and I would love to get back on that Chevy program. Obviously you've heard that we dropped it. Do we talk about how we I had the Rocky Ridge for a little bit, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but you also bought what's the Chevy like Savannah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, yeah, the family vehicle? Oh, the suburban? Yeah, yeah, we have the suburban for the family. That's for the kids to take them to school and bring them back to school. You want to go to the park car seats standing there now the truck I had before Chevy graced us with their presence as a presenting sponsor in this podcast, I was not driving a Chevy. And even before then, I thought to myself, you know, I've always enjoyed the look of a Chevy Silverado, but my whole family they always grew up d driving something different. So I felt like I had to I needed to. Now what a way for me to change my situation? Man, If I'm going to be gritty, I need to lean into the grit. I need to lean into the grit because the boys have, legit been gritty this twenty twenty three season, very gritty. We have gotten after it. We've worked through injuries, which I'm proud of you. By the way, are you talking about my back? I'm talking about your back. Yeah. And I know a lot of people are coming after me. A lot of people are coming after me. For the people love to punch up, buddy, They people love to punch up. They didn't see you in that gym like I did.
Speaker 2: I like I And there's a part of me that understands like, ultimately we all want to have a great time with the boys and have a great time having some drinks, doing a tank race, enjoying the camaraderie. That's where I feel like it's coming from. Yeah, we didn't get that. We missed out a lot. I had fomo. I had a high fomo. Yeah, I was taking a lot of shots. I appreciate you standing. I appreciate your standing enough for me, and you did like you were witnessing me walking around.
Speaker 1: I was walking around and every time they said something on the tanker. So I like to think that I now got a little fuzzy towards the end, But I like to think that I I supported the boy through and through. Absolutely. I couldn't believe that Big Cat was turning on me with the way he was. You know how bag I can get them.
Speaker 2: No, it's all for good, it's all for good jokes, it's all for ball busting. It's all it's in the it's in the spirit of ball bust, right, being in the locker room, busting the boys balls that you know, anytime you get hurt in the locker room, you're kind of.
Speaker 1: Like you guys. Was a neck pad thing for a while exactly if you were injured.
Speaker 2: Oh, dB, you're you're you're just doing walk through today, You're not practicing.
Speaker 1: Low key jealous that, like, you have to practice. You have to practice.
Speaker 2: If it's a Wednesday early in the season, and then it walked through, we'd make in the linebacker room, we'd make guys wear a neck brace to show that, like the you know, if hey, if you're just gonna do the walk through, you like, you gotta you gotta wear something that shows you're gonna be in a puss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, being a puff dude, Yeah, absolutely, I was. How'd you enjoy your tank race? I thought I had. I had a lot of fun. Now I know when you did the tank race back in June or July twenty twenty two, I had an amazing amount of poem. I'm like, wow, what a good time. And when I'm like, hey, let's do let's do a case race. Let's do a case there's an on big cat about it. He has his substance. Okay, we're gonna do a case race. You guys come in for the wildcard weekend. You watched the games with us, blah blah blah. Obviously I didn't stay for the wildcard stuff for the sole reason that there is gambling involved. And we were gonna put up a graphic saying that I wasn't gambling. But at the end of the day, it turns into the same thing that happened to year ten. You don't want to fall in you don't want to fall into those situations. I don't want to get got to you know, I see, I see it. My boy Goodell did do you right? And I'm like, that's just why would I give him another opportunity?
Speaker 2: You see the hurdles at the league trying to go through. Just keep me out of the league.
Speaker 1: It's crazy too, Yeah, absolutely crazy. So I actually pulled into barstool on Friday. I thought the vibes were going to be up. The vibes were actually a little bit low on Friday afternoon. Now, we've never been in the building on a Friday at HQ, and I'm kind of it was cloudy out, Yeah, it was. It was a regular January day in New York, New York.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in New York, New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I mean, That's what it was. And so I pull up in there and I'm kind of getting the vibe that like, I don't feel like people really are into this right now. Now, I was sad. I was happily mistaken because all of a sudden, Kate, who was our star player on our team, brings out all the stuff. She's making the things and basically it's just a lot of it's diabetes with a little bit of alcohol in it. And I am dreading. This was in the in the chat with Big Cat, I'm like, hey, can we just do a case race? But let me just sling twenty sugar. I'm trying, I'm thinking all the Sugar'm trying to get Jack Tree. Yes, So me and Roan make the decision. We're an other liquor storecross the street. We're gonna get a handle of tequila and we're going to add that to it and kind of take out some of the sugar. Now was it a good decision? I like to think so. I like to think so because I would much rather have more alcohol in there than more sugar. So we do that.
Speaker 2: What I'm just thinking, I must I have more alcohol than sugar, Like, no, I don't want the candy bar.
Speaker 1: Give me a shot. Yeah, he exactly did, and it was a it was a really good time because I mentioned around like, hey, vibe seem a little bit down. He goes, Yeah, the vibes are down, but I guarantee as soon as we start, it's gonna be awesome. So we start the show.
Speaker 2: It was great after the case race, a lot of like scaries the next day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and your boy was I legit scaries this morning. Yeah, and it's Monday. I've been on the phone.
Speaker 2: I've like said a couple of stories where I've laughed and You're like, hey, I'm getting a little anxiety you saying it like.
Speaker 1: I'm a I'm a very open individual, but I feel like when you're when you're drunk, now you're just the guy that's like talking too much, you know what I'm saying. So that obviously I was telling the story, yeah, because I was trying to tell a story about how I got you a brick watch and also got to your brickwatch. Yes, but during the story, in my head, I'm like, I don't want to like sound like I'm soiling Charros. So I start going on this rampage for my life.
Speaker 2: And that's like the only thing wonderful woman You're like saying all the time I know.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm like really trying to overcompensate because I don't want Chary to catch straight bullets in a story she's watching the tanks, gonna watch the tape for something. And then Will's like, yeah, you were like the drunk guy telling your life story, and I'm like, fuck, dude, I was, wasn't I Because that's really when shit started to get a little hazy for me. Then I was like really like drunk, yeah, but I had body was everybody was.
Speaker 2: The hard part is you're in those four walls. Everyone is drunk, like you're having a night with the fellas.
Speaker 1: You're just having a great group of guys. By the way, happens to be live.
Speaker 2: And on camera to where everybody else, the hundreds of thousands that end up watching it, are like sober, just watching it for entertainment, and everybody's kind of like, oh, this person reacted this way. That person reads that not taking it account of like, hey, everybody's just trying to have a good old time, have someting drinks and fucking enjoy some camaraderie. It sometimes it gets hazy, like last time you say she almost fought Shane, people were like you know, ragging on. I want to say it was like maybe a little sass. I know, Shane like wanted to off himself. He kept telling you. He's like, bro, I fucking hate being here, Like I wish I could take that case race back so bad, like.
Speaker 1: Ever for like a week streat and it's one of those deals. But at the end of the day, like it's Monday, we're seventy two hours post tank Grace, I would do it again. Yeah, it was. It was so much fun. I really wish the boy was there, and I understand you couldn't be there, but damn that I wish you were there after. You know, you guys have been at me when I drink like I don't for those of you who think like I drink a lot, I'm a fucking I'm a phony, bro, I am an absolute phony. So like when I do drink, though, I am legit trying to kill everyone around me with alcohol poisoning and myself included. So the boys want to go to this like pool haul after this. Once we go in, we're playing beer pong. Tommy Smokes is there and I just start funneling shots in. The boys get dude, I am drunk. Like like stumbling drunk getting the cab. I get a text from a wanton down and he's like, hey, you left your card here and the tabs open, So I think, fuck, man, if I don't get it now, like this is the logical thing, which I'm proud of. If I don't get this ship now, I am never going to get that card back again. And who knows what's gonna happen to that card or how it's gonna get, you know, by the by the next morning. So I get down there, dude, and uh, I'll see all the boys and they're all still they're still cutting it up, having a good time. So then the logic went out the window. Was like I'm gonna still cut it out, dude. So we had a couple more drinks. Bro I walked up that billiard spot, dude, hit a hit a quick corner, found myself a little nookede and yacked everywhere like the one of them third time, because the amazing the tank race was legit, like what you know your own camera, but then after a while you don't know your own camera, and then people when people start bringing up throwing up, you realize again, I'm on camera. I can't be thrown up. But once it seemed like an option. I'm already drinking liquor, yeah, but once I'm on. Once the option came up, I think someone said I'm gonna or someone threw up first. I think it was a big cap and I was like, good, I'm gonna throw up too, because then you think that'll be funny. So you throw up, and then we threw up again at the end of the show, and I'm like, I'm like in my head like, oh, you're probably not even drunk anymore, dude, you probably you're probably fine now. And then I legit, like consume me too much alcohol? On yeah, get back on ten dude, you get and walking like I don't know, twelve blocks back to my hotel room.
Speaker 2: Just absolutely yes, wow an bro, Well if not it felt like it, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it could have been a five minute walk for all I know. New York City, dude. I walk by this food truck, no one like. I walked by two food trucks. I was like, bro, I'm gonna smack some of that food. But there was lines, like five people waiting in line. I cannot wait for that. There's no way. Did you know. I kept walking and I right before I get to the hotel, there's one food truck with no one there, like, and then I'm like, this is a great idea to eat. This got some Philly cheese steak looking thing. I think. Was it talking big shit? It was talking the most shit, dude, right as you.
Speaker 2: Let that food get away with what they said when you walk by that line earlier.
Speaker 1: It was really about the people, was the crowd. Usually you don't turn down when food's talking shit to you. Yeah, you gotta handle it, dude, especially but my friends and my family, like it needs to catch hands. Yeah. But this food truck in particular, like it was all by itself. I look, you feel like I jumped this person, Like I mugged this food truck. Yeah, got the food, was eating it. Go buy some like little deli. And I noticed they have pintes of bet and Jerry's in there. So your boy had a sneak in there too. It said, hey, bub hey, fat ass, hey, you piece of shaite. You won't do nothing. You're not getting Jack twenty twenty three. You won't do nothing to me. I said, you don't think I could eat you and not get jacket twenty twenty three. He said, bett pussy, so I grabbed it. I grabbed I'm standing in line. This uh heavy set individual looks over and I don't know what it is, man, But this dude was that for the other team, will say. And he was trying to put a hole in one in me. Oh, Joey and the boy showed up, you know, wasn't Joey. It was the difference than the boy. Yeah, one of Joe Kamas's boy was sent out to come get me. Yeah, and I was like, oh, but at first I didn't realize Joey says he got an extra Yeah, yeah, I know. Wait, hey I would have made that mistake probably who knows though, right he uh yeah? He This dude like I was talking to me and at first I'm think, wow, people in New York are actually super nice. This is crazy because you always hear like people in Northeast or assholes. Yeah, and I'm about to order, Yeah he wanted this asshole. I sit there and I'm like, I was like, uh, looking at more food because I was like, legit, is this ship talking shit too? Is this about the kitchen pants? Because I saw some dude in the back actually like watching that thing back there getting after it. And then after a while I realized, oh, this dude's trying to fuck me. You want to like share a hot dog or something. No, he's like where are you from? What you doing? Like, where are you going? After this? And then I like stepped in and I was like, Oh, this dude's trying to lay pipe on me right now as you were going this is my hotel room. This, yeah, let him know, but make sure you get out of there. I got out of there, and then I went home, and bro, I think I slept for twelve hours.
Speaker 2: But you know how that is when you sleep, you just.
Speaker 1: Close your eye. Yeah, yeah, you just close your eyes. Then you don't know what happened. I know. And the next day I woke up. Boys and girls, if you were under the age of twenty five, like, count your blessings, because when you drink after the age of twenty five, especially when you hit thirty, death is upon you. Jackie, How like do you get hungover like that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd say so. I'm twenty eight now, so.
Speaker 4: Only gets worse, brother, it only gets worse, has progressively gotten worse. I remember in college, you just you go out on like a Friday night, you had like maybe one class and you're drinking at one pm and then you go all the way and then Saturday wake up and you just bounce back.
Speaker 3: You're like maybe you feel a little.
Speaker 4: Nonausetrous for a sec and then it's like you now celebrate it. Oh, you celebrate it. Yeah, it's almost like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm getting the age.
Speaker 4: I'm getting a little older, Like look at me, like a little scruff in there. But no, once you get out of college, yeah, twenty five, I think's a good measurement. Right when do you hit the backside of your your twenties, it's all down hill forever forever.
Speaker 1: He was no more than anything, too bro. But yeah, and then that Saturday, dude, the thing I wanted to do the most was go to that bath house. And I ended up going with Nicky and uh, this dude named what was his name? Bath house with Nick Tronni Nick? Yes, yes, awesome, Oh, with him and his boy don Me. He does the cooking and he used to he used to work Cheff.
Speaker 2: Donnie, dude, he's on the most he's on the Booze Ponies, Yes, Donny he was.
Speaker 1: But he's the one that last he's an emergency backup buddy. He's so cool. He was talking about skydiving. He's like sky dives like eighty seven times, like getting his license and stuff like that. Donn he's like a traveler, like a yeah, worldly guy. You no, no, no, it wasn't one on don I know you're talking about chef. Okay, I'm talking about Schif Donnie. Yeah. So we spent like three hours in this bathhouse, dude, just sweating out all the demons and legit. I was like talking to God halfway through, Like Nick was talking to me, like just talking how funny is Nick? He's fucking hilarious. But he was also talking about bro Yeah, his next level. Yeah, I really think, Uh, I'm excited to see what he does in the next like five ten years. Yes, I feel like he's gonna blow up. Yeah, he's stud And it was It was fun to be around them, but you know how it is when you're hungover too, You're like, I really don't feel like talking to nobody. But at the end of it, I was like grateful because I was like, man, I would have just sat in that Russian bath house by myself, and it was fucking packed, packed Russians everywhere. Just have you set guys with towels on heavy set dudes with chains. So like there was a shitload of tatted people ship, like tatted head to toe. Oh god, it's kind of scary. Yeah, and I'm tatted, and I was legit, like, hey, am I gonna be? They got to have friends here. Yeah, I'm saying they might have recruited you if you were. No, I might have been. I might have not came back. I mean, I've just been living in New York, now New York, New York. So it was a good fucking weekend. Dude, got back on the plane, got some sleep. It was a nice little deal. But I heard you beasts came in town this weekend. The Beast came in town.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Caleb, you know Caleb Bliss here, but uh, Jeff Shoddy, Jeff Shoddy, we call him Shoddy, but the big big beasts, He's the beast.
Speaker 1: Uh. We hung out, we watched the games, We watched ball all weekend. I missed all the ball. Hit up the pancake pantry Saturday morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get to wait in a line.
Speaker 1: No, we went at like eight in the morning because kids trying to.
Speaker 3: Feel like the line usually then like.
Speaker 2: That's like when it was starting. That's when I was starting. We fortunately got in there in time. Ye had myself a nice little chocolate milk. You know how it goes as anyone should, like.
Speaker 1: A king should. Did the number the number one recovery drink or the number one uh work out courvery covery drink?
Speaker 3: Holcolate milk?
Speaker 1: Did they say? Dude? That's what Mike bar Was told me when I first got the Michigan.
Speaker 2: Right when you get there, bro, hit pounded chocolate milk right after your workout. Right, if you're trying to gain weight, they give you one of them Gatorade chacks mid workout.
Speaker 1: Hey, drink this right now. Oh, I'll wait on you. How about it? Did you catch any of Super Super Wild Car Weekend? Dude? I really didn't. I obviously saw the clips and I did tweet this out. I'm happy for the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Speaker 2: Bro, that was a phenomenal comeback by them. Yeah, they were down bad. It was twenty seven nothing, And I say, yeah, I saw the Lawrence through four picks. Lawrence, I keep saying, justin.
Speaker 4: Don't I keep telling all the wrong names for qvs.
Speaker 3: But it's almost like we needed it's almost funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Cody Burney. Yeah, I heard from a very reliable source that will not say that Brock pretty sucks. He just has mutants around him and that's why he's successful.
Speaker 2: Well, and then I was showed evidently like subjectively sucks, like what are we talking here? Sucks, like hey, we can make the quarterback of the forty nine ers, you know.
Speaker 1: Like he's being made to be much better than he actually is. I did not say that, and I know we joke about that. I llegit did not say that. Someone told me that, and they put on film and they're like, watch this game, watch all these throws, and they're pointing out some stuff. I was like, damn, because there was one over the middle Doue was wide open, would have been touchdown a couple of he has some studs in front of it. Like that team is the most stacked team in the NFL. Other than quarterback. The two best overall teams are the forty nine Ers and the Beagles.
Speaker 2: If you're looking at the Chiefs, the Bengals, who else got Bill's Tampa Bengals Bills. Let's start with there. If you remove their quarterback. Yeah, they're there. Their team's not winning another game, probably not most likely not winning going any farther than the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Yea, in the.
Speaker 2: Forty nine ers league as well, right, No, they were still winning. Gardner minshew, he can still he can still sling it. I mean they got some beat. He's they're surrounded by beasts on that on that teamwhere's everywhere on that team. But the Niners, you almost just need a facilitator. They've showed you there. They're on their third quarterback this year.
Speaker 1: Third.
Speaker 5: You could you could argue too that the offense has never looked this good either.
Speaker 1: So that's what I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying, Like, yeah, maybe maybe he's quote unquote shitty, but he's still dishing like three or four touchdowns a game for a rookie, for a seventh round.
Speaker 1: Pick, never scored forty one. Yeah, yeah, he's mister, He's the last pick in the draft. Legendary.
Speaker 3: That to me makes me want to cheer for the forty nine ers. Dude, the same irrelevant can win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Imagine how many kids, you know, whatever age they're at, Like that gives hope to a lot of kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like another like you know, not saying he's Tom Brady because I know that can get taken out of context.
Speaker 1: But it's like one of those Brady stories. He was drafted in the sixth round.
Speaker 2: Like it's like, Okay, he sucks, but it's like, well, he wasn't a first round It wasn't. It's not like he's a first round draft pick. Not saying that seventh rounders suck, but they're not for him to go in there as the last pick of the.
Speaker 1: Draft and ball.
Speaker 2: I mean I saw stat their first five starts as a forty nine er. He had eleven touchdowns to Joe Montana and Steve Young's like six and seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something crazy like that.
Speaker 2: It's like, Yo, you're just rooting for the dude because he's like he's the underdog.
Speaker 1: It's like the story that everybody loves, the old underdog story. And to play against the narrative I was told too, is it is only his first five starts in the NFL as a rookie, right, like he legit could be. I mean, he's gonna get better. People just get better.
Speaker 2: I mean, think about think about those think about those guys at practice starting the year. If he was on practice squad, or he's probably not even taking reps, or he's just in this cut team.
Speaker 1: He's just throwing cards. He wasn't he's in the back while the team's going like doing mimicking off.
Speaker 2: Actively and then to go in that week and take over a team. Now, obviously it's a well oiled machine. Like the Niners are dangerous, dangerous, but you still got to operate. But in Shanahan's system and with all that telling around you, you just kind of need an operator. You don't need, you know, the Josh Allens of the world, Like they've built their roster everywhere else around the quarterback. It's impressive. Niners are tough, man. I think that I like the Niners to win it all. I think they're my feeling pick. I think the Niners are my Super Bowl pick. What about Tampa Bay? No, I think I think now this comes out. This is coming out right now. The game happened last night. We're recording the Monday day morning. Yeah, it's Monday afternoon. I think if they win this game, I think this is where they stop. Like I think they could come out beat the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Who they play next. Forty nine Ers. Now stop, here's what I was told, and this is from this source, that I'm talking about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers can do a great job of just playing man coverage and still getting pressure on the quarterback and making pretty throw elite throws. Yeah, yeah, I'm and that could and that could be a downfall party. I hope, I am hoping watching this playoffs, I hope the forty nine ers win the Super Bowl. And I'll go with you on that. Who do you think's got the best shot to win the Super Bowl? I think it's a dude, It's a I mean, Bill's Chiefs, Niners, Eagles are like the four teams. I would you know who I think can make some noise? The Jackions. Oh, I would love to say the Jags. I think the Jags could too.
Speaker 2: On the AFC side, I'm talking like, maybe actually hit a little super Bowl run Giants because I think what's the head coach's name.
Speaker 1: Day ball day ball, day ball day ball.
Speaker 2: I think he's got I think the team fucking loves playing for him and Daniel Jones he was he was shredding it last night against the Vikings. But they could It's like it's like they could have hit this spark right at the right time, you know what I mean, like have all the kind of pieces and kind of make a run. Now again, they would have to get past the Niners and the Eagles. I think Eagles Niners, They're fucking tough top to bottom. And then on the AFC side you have Mahomes, you got Josh Allen with the Bills, Joe Burrow with the Bengals.
Speaker 1: But again, the Jaguars could even make some noise too. I think the Jaguars make some noise. I don't think they get passed, either the Chiefs or the Bills. Yeah, but I think the road ends with one of those two. Could be this week.
Speaker 2: But I can legit see the Jaguars beating the Chiefs, like sneaking one in there on the Chiefs. Yeah, because they had a bye week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know how it is last year the Titans, dude, twenty one Titans. I think Darry bro.
Speaker 4: One of those teams, Eagles or Chiefs could go down next Saturday or someday.
Speaker 1: Now. The good thing about having a bye week with the Chiefs is they've been there, they've gone through the playoffs, they've made it all the way that they know what that process is like, so that might not be as much of a factor for them as it would be it was like for the Titans or you know, name any other one seed team the Ravens in twenty nineteen, Like, you never know, but I could see the I can see the Jags possibly winning this one. I don't think they win the AFC South or the AFC Championship, but bro, this is a good setup of teams AFC, I mean Bengals, Chiefs, Bills, like the top three there and then Eagles forty nine ers. I think that's gonna be if they are the forty nine ers and Eagles both make it, it would be in the NFC Championship. Correct, the one two seed. I think that is an elite game that's gonna be so much fun for people to watch.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna be tough to beat the Niners. I think they got the fucking formula. I think they got the pieces. Yeah, I think they're believing it too. They fucked. They were almost there from.
Speaker 1: Big cock Brock, dude, big cock Rock party.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's what somebody had a sign out there because talking about big cock Brock, Big cock Brock.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh, back to what you were saying about Tampa Bay.
Speaker 5: The brock Perty win against uh, that same Tampa Bay team, I want to say three weeks ago and went sixteen for twenty one two touchdowns. So whatever they tried on that first game didn't matter. He still got past them. I think it might be worse this time. Which game the forty nine Ers versus Buccaneers if they see each other again that they played I want to say three weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Bucks. I mean, you know, Bucks could be hot at the right time, man. I mean, Tom Brady's been dishing it and Jensen's it ever since that divorce.
Speaker 1: Broon's playing today, that's.
Speaker 2: Just that's insane that he's playing like five months after having partial tearors and on however many whatever, however many ligaments. I saw multiple ligaments to his knee, including the a cl.
Speaker 1: That is crazy. Our our guest is going to be on next week. Just got to the bus, so we should wrap it up pretty soon. Do you want to tease that the tease next week? He's next week.
Speaker 2: I don't want to tease it too much. If there was a teaser, you know, there's a lot to look forward to. Let's just say vintage nineties black shirts. That's all I'll give you.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, that was elite.
Speaker 2: That was an elite teaser because our banger guests, obviously, I think it's gonna do uh be very highly viewed. With Derrick Henry coming on the bus. Yeah, that's our guest today. Who is you know, obviously the King. We talk about a lot of good ship. Yeah, we need to hit our shout out, no free shout out. Do we do it tier talk or do we kind of?
Speaker 1: I think we will put We'll do what we talked about before. Okay, before we before we do our shoutowt nofree shoutout? What what are your two teams? The NFC Championship, AFC Championship.
Speaker 2: I think if if I was you know, if I'm gonna bet the bus, I would say Eagles Niners will be the NFC Championship and the AFC Championship. I'm gonna say who's playing who? Who's set the play next week? I'm gonna say, uh, Bills and Jaguars.
Speaker 1: You know you will die on that sword, bros. Gonna be going through with will content.
Speaker 4: But I will say, because the Chiefs were after you and the mentions, if that the Jags pulled out, you you have them on a leash for the rest the rest of the year.
Speaker 1: A good point, Jackie.
Speaker 2: They kept the receipts on me saying the division winners like they were going in the minute.
Speaker 4: There's no going back too, So it's like one more shot and it's you.
Speaker 1: I like, I like your NFC picks, but I gotta go that. That Bengals Bills game I think is going to be intense, But the Bengals broke my heart last year, so I might be speaking emotionally, but I'm going Chiefs Bills in the ANFC Championships. Bills, what are you going? NFC? Same NFC. I'm gonna go Niners Eagles. I think Niners go back to the Super Bowl, I think. And if the Bills and the Chiefs play, they play in Atlanta, correct, both teams travel. Well, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go with the Bills in the Super Bowl against the Niners.
Speaker 3: So another week to talk about it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, true, that's true, and it might change, right, everything subject subject to change really won't change. But next week, yeah, we'll get into it.
Speaker 6: Then.
Speaker 1: If the Jags upset the Chiefs, congratulations I'm with you. Victory lapsed the way Emmanuel Acho is hitting.
Speaker 2: Victory laps on the Chargers losing a little and that little what's up. Oh, mitch Man, I'm to the back of the bus. I know, I'm on the camera back there. Dude, got them the step stool back there to say that's not gonna happen. You don't need to say anything. I know you believe the Chiefs are gonna win. Odds and everything else. Yes, we understand this is a like David vers Goliath matchup, but the Jaguars could have a little bit of that magic in that second half from coming back, So you never know something you want to reflect on.
Speaker 1: With the Derek Henry episode, let's see get into a lot of cool stuff with Derek. He goes on a nice little spiel about mental health. I think it's going to be very effective for a lot of people that just think that football players don't deal with stuff, especially once as the lead is Derek don't really have something to resonate with that.
Speaker 2: In the same breath, not thinking like oh, people need to be like oh these guys, yeah, you know, feel sorry for the spots that we're in, Like we understand that talking the scope of like.
Speaker 1: It's understanding that everyone goes through something, whether you're on a pedestal in life or you're not in a pestal life. People go through stuff all time, and I think it's it's a cool little insight to see how Derek a few stings or sees how stuff happens. What else talks about the season I asked him about, Hey, when dudes get hurt, how does that affect you from a mental standpoint? I mean, obviously Derek puts a lot of pressure on himself. Yeah, that's the phenomenal thing. And I think one thing that we need to start pushing, maybe to Dereck Henry is possibly getting Will Compton a Derek Henry Jersey or maybe I might have to hook him up with a Will. He doesn't have one.
Speaker 2: He doesn't He hasn't made my list, you know what I mean? Yeah, he's working his way into my tight circle.
Speaker 1: Though Also, I feel like something I want to get ahead of because I know a lot of people were on us when we asked theare compans we got paid for Bama? Last time? You will hear Bama fans, you might not enjoy what me and Will have to say to Derek during this just know it's all in good fun boys, but Georgia Bulldogs are the king of the sec.
Speaker 2: I'd like to get ahead of something too, Bama. I meant every fucking thing.
Speaker 1: That I oh wait, get a quick shout out, no free shoutow, the quickest shout out, no free shot out of all time. I'm gonna shout out blush, you go first.
Speaker 5: My shout out this week just goes to those fans who stay loyal to their teams, regardless of the record, regardless of the ups and downs.
Speaker 1: All right, Jack, what's your shout out?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 1: Boss?
Speaker 4: Mine goes to traveling situations, whether so one books like a hotel room for you are specifically, in my perspective, if you book a hotel room for yourself, when you show up too said room and it's exactly how like the photo online was. If you're like taking a nice trip, like you show up and you like paid extra for a nice room, and you actually get the room and you walk in like you have like a girl with you and everything's perfect, You're like fuck yeah, Like when like things work out and there's no hiccups in a like travel opportunity, can't beat it.
Speaker 1: Possibly an older woman with some kids. Maybe possibly Willie. What you got?
Speaker 2: My shoutout, no fore shoutout is gonna go to when your eyes adapt to the dark.
Speaker 1: Oh that's an elite one dog.
Speaker 2: When I was putting Rude down and you know, right, Dad, when the lights go off and you're kind of just sitting there and it's just pitch black, and you're just like, man, you just got to sit there long enough for the darkness to you know, you know what, you guys know what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't see shit. Then all of a sudden you feel like you have, like us, another set see more. You guys when you when you're holding the baby and it's super dark, you kind of have an know how the layout is. But there's fear because you're kind of picking up your family way more because you a trip dude. That baby's catching else boys or something on the ground. Oh pro so that's my shoutout, no free shadowt Okay. My shoutout no free shadow goes to when a waitress or a waiter cares so much about their job and have a glass of water, and when you finish that water, that things immediately filled back up. We were at someplace in twelve South yesterday with my kids and your boy was I was still on that two day hangover vibe and I was like drinking a bunch of water and I would slam that water. I swear to god. She appeared like an angel every single time and just put that thing down. I thought, what a respectable move by her to left for craft. We hooked her up with the tip too.
Speaker 2: Just know that enjoy this Derek Henry episode. We got to get to our guests who's house to the bus. We're not gonna say any names. You're not gonna say any name.
Speaker 1: No black shirts. Yeah, but you will be hearing an ad read from us as soon as they pull it up on this monitor. Fit bod. It's a new year, so you know it's time to make a resolution you can actually stick with. But you may not know there is an easy and affordable way to build a fitness plan just for you. Before you go to the gym and stand around, get a fitness plan that's cheaper than a session with a trainer. The fitbod app creates a workout routine that is personalized for your goals, fitness level, and available equipment. It learns from your previous workouts and adapts as you improve, so you can keep the momentum going all the way to next year and beyond. Just pick a fitness goal, add your equipment, and fitball will create a routine for you. Whether you've been missing gym time or you've been hitting a plateau, a fresh start has never been easier. The app switches up your exercises to avoid overtraining or burnout, and your program changes based on your personalized progress and maximized results. Whether you work out in a weight room or in your bedroom, fitbod has a plan for you learn more movements the right way with over fourteen hundred HD demonstration videos. A full year of fitbod is less than the cost of a single session with a personalized trainer. Join fitbout today and build a routine that lasts all year. Get twenty five percent off your subscription or try the app free at fitbod dot me slash bustin. That's f I T O B sorry, fresh start just like with your body exactly. That's f I T B O D dot m E slash bustin. And with that, ladies, gentlemen, please enjoy this episode always. I'll tell you what. I hate to start a podcast off on this note. So, uh, during exit physicals, oh the other day, I r guys. They go in, they do their own thing, like a week before before the Jacksonville game. Obviously the training staff didn't have a lot of faith in the boys. But I go in because I know the boys are going out. There's the team meeting and I want to be a part of it. See all the guys and Derek signing shoes, signed shoes for Ben Jones, and I walk over. Maybe I can get me a pair of them King Henry's shoes. I go up to Derek and I'm like, hey man, let me get a pair of those. And he's like, looks at me. You're on the team. He looks, these are for you, and he picked them, like goes, I'll give you the white ones. These are for you, and signs them and puts to Taylor Lawan to the boys seventy seven but very very strict on these are for you. Is there like something behind that that makes you like, I feel like you gotta make sure people know this is for you, not for anybody else.
Speaker 8: Yeah, just send this for you I'm signing to you personalized, personalize them to you and benepar that we've been teammates for the longest me, you and Ben. Let's make sure that people see him, it, says Taylor Wan the Boy seventy seven.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like teammates have ever taken advantage of getting King Henry memorabilia?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 8: I mean sometimes they acts more than you know, once or twice or three times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody's all cool about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Good.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about Are you like big on with teammates? Do you? Is it anybody will just say practice squad guy, rookie, let me get a jersey?
Speaker 8: Are you like if I if I wrote with you like that and you know we've been cool and you know we put in work together, then I have no problem no matter if you rat the squad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're a starter. It don't matter.
Speaker 8: But you know, some guys kind of push the buttons a little bit, but everything else it's pretty much cool with some guys.
Speaker 6: You know, they want to ask.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, uh, the opportunity making for myself because I haven't I haven't got you know, I haven't got a jersey.
Speaker 1: You might not ever, Yeah, I know, but I do have mine hanging up right above my cold rock with I'm like we rock together. Once I was thinking I might have to. If your team went through, you probably would have probablyould have got out to Atlanta shift it over. Yeah, that's because there are guys. I remember walking in and dudes, you know, everyone's doing jerseys and sign and stuff. Some dudes are just giving jerseys just to give them. And I had like two or three guys come up to me and be like, you think you think Derek would give me a jersey. I was like, I don't. I don't really see Derek sign.
Speaker 2: If you're asking another teammate to know of, like, hey, you think I could ask Derek, then that should be your answer. That should be the answering feel good enough to go ask, And that's you know, like.
Speaker 1: I remember when you got the Russian title twenty nineteen, the nineteen. If he has nineteen you got, you give all the offensive Linemen jerseys and all of us kind of starting like damn, he didn't really sign stuff like that. This is a big deal. Rolli's up for the boys, was it fifteen sixty four, fifteen forty, fifteen forty, what's fifteen forty. That's some of the yards he rushed for and he needed like two thirty in the last game. Yeah to beat Chubb.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but no, No, But for the jersey thing, I just you know, I value my jersey. I value my personal belongings. I just don't want to give him out to anybody. I feel like when you work for something so hard, and you know, you put a lot of work in and it's a lot into you know, the jersey and a lot invested that, I just want to give it out to anybody. But if we have a special relationship and we've been rocking for a long time, then I won't have no problem.
Speaker 1: I was like, no, I'm you know, I'm scheming in my head right now. Yeah, you're gonna get that. We're gonna get you that jersey in due time. In due time. Well, I'm not gonna play my hand too.
Speaker 8: Well, you know what I was thinking about the other day, Remember whenever we were the COVID year we did the bus cut, yeah, Piggy Blinder, and they just stopped like doing photos for us, like when we went to the plane and like, yes, you know you were just like tweaking out everybody's outfit and was.
Speaker 1: Like I would think about the other day. I was like, damn, that was.
Speaker 8: It was a crazy time, boy, because we could get a photo.
Speaker 2: We couldn't do nothing, remember because I before the flight, I went to Garrett's house so I could.
Speaker 9: Get Yeah, yeah, I know comer.
Speaker 2: Never we'll never or not the joke, but the whole thing will never come full circle. Everyone thinks I'm just I look absolutely they missed some legendary stuff that year. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The best part about that was the Titans literally put you on the injury report, I know, actual like Twitter official injury report for your haircut.
Speaker 2: Like made that day a little bit easier because that Remember we were practicing on Christmas and it was freezing.
Speaker 1: Remember this, bro I was That was my first d A c l Oh yeah, I've really been around the last couple of years.
Speaker 6: Bub Wow was that Houston?
Speaker 1: Uh Houston Week five? Yeah? Yeah Houston?
Speaker 6: Wee?
Speaker 1: That was that was right before, wasn't it? No? I told we were five? We beat Houston.
Speaker 8: We were five, and oh no, we beat We beat the Bills and we played Houston that that same week. We played on Tuesday. We played Houston that Sunday. Yes, because oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Because all that cod ship, we legit proved that we didn't need practice anymore, sponsored by Zoom sponsored.
Speaker 8: Then we played I think we played the Stillers right after that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that was a That was a weird and also legendary year.
Speaker 6: That was a weird Yea.
Speaker 2: We lost that first round the playoffs, which was a fucking bummer because we dogged y'all have been like dogged them, but in the fourth quarter dog the Ravens that year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all should have beat the Ravens for real. I know, look at us reminiscent on the old days war stories, the boys just talking more stories to be back on the bus.
Speaker 6: I'm hype man long it's been a year and a half.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's been to two years. Last time you even't been here? Have you come on here? Not not this location. It was a yearly thing.
Speaker 6: I used to do it after the season. I think I did it at the nineteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but next morning I went to uh Texas, Texas early early, quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is Dereck Henry's off season look like? Like? As soon as the season ends, obviously we can get into how the season went a little bit. But for you interviews happened two days after. What do you do right after that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Packing, getting everything ready to go to Dallas. My girl likes to get right out of here and go back to Dallas as quick as possible. She loves textas she's from Texas. And then once you do that, get all the stuff ready to get it shipped, car, ship everything, ship the dogs, get the Texas and by that time, you know, if I want to work out, I'll probably work out a little bit until Pro Bowl and Super Bowl and all those and all those things, and once I get back from there, I think it's just going right into it. But I mean I might, i might take trips here and there, but I'm still gonna work out. But it's not like working out like going right into football training. But it's just like working out to stay fixed. I love working out like like like like I'm gonna do that whenever I'm done playing because I just love working out, you know, I love being fit. This I can't sit around just something that that I can't do. So that's just something that I've always done, is working out. Even whough I was little. I mean my cousin be older than me. They have like weights and I'll be using them doing push ups and then wait about two days, I want to see my muscles gonna grow. I'm like, man, what's going on now? Keeping push ups and sit ups? But I just love working out. That's what I've always been infastuated with. And you know, even when I'm done, that's what I'll probably do is work out and you fit and doing all that type of stuff.
Speaker 2: When you say like, when you get done, you'll be doing something in that in the work out world, like what does it look like?
Speaker 1: Like? What do you know what you want to do? Or you try to be like, I don't know, not not like that. That's too much.
Speaker 8: I've seen them guys, and time they get to a certain age, they are you know, they're drained. I ain't trying to like that. Yeah, exactly so, but shouts out to him, no free shoutouts. Yeah, but probably I don't know. I was talking to somebody. I might do some crow because that looks challenging, like all that stuff and do the pull ups and put the stuff up over the bar.
Speaker 6: I might want to try that one day.
Speaker 1: Level.
Speaker 6: Man, Hell nah, looking crazy.
Speaker 1: I think it was insane.
Speaker 2: If you won a CrossFit that like the Super Bowl games. It looks that that looks that smaller part like yeah, he's trying to mud Like THEREK comes in and wins, and it's like oh fuck yeah.
Speaker 1: People across people probably mad as hell, ty like man, he already you have the NFL. But what but is that? Is there a prize of what's the it's I think it's like, what's the award prize? Yeah? Rich fronis but he was like our second episode ever. You know.
Speaker 8: But people who do that stuff and like, you know, I G like that little community of fit and CrossFit that's you know.
Speaker 6: It's real popular. People buy into that.
Speaker 8: Like if you have fit behind your Instagram, people just automatically going to flock to it and follow you because they want to see what you're doing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: The fitness is that in your on Instagram.
Speaker 8: I might even start a bust with the boys fit in this some workouts outside the bus and.
Speaker 1: Telling you k Jack twenty twenty three is a huge thing from us right now. I only report at the moment will Will's hurting, but the boys in the back are thriving right now, thriving by.
Speaker 8: I want to know, I want to know what what what was was anything said to you when you posted that mirror picture was able like he will it's all.
Speaker 1: Our guidelines at the falcons.
Speaker 8: At the falcons, you were just sitting there at the mirrors. I didn't know he was a godline you had to follow.
Speaker 1: I think you posted that, Bro. I was like, that might have in facted, that might affect that years ten. I don't know, Bro, you want to.
Speaker 2: Know what's wild is? I mean Arthur, he was here, but Art is about the content.
Speaker 1: He's about busting. Yeah. It was like, you know, I wait till he signed you.
Speaker 2: Like when we fly to Washington, he goes, I want you doing high knees on the plane, like how Russell was doing the London. Yes, he's going to get you, like on video doing highknees on the plane, trying to like rally the boys.
Speaker 1: Because the first week was gonna be Washington week.
Speaker 2: He's like, you'll be on practice swat, but you're gonna travel and he's like, I want to get you.
Speaker 8: The first was Washington week. The first a big one. Bro's gonna be a big one one right there.
Speaker 1: Hey, No, that sounded pretty decent. I thought I was gonna do it again. But No, it wasn't like that. It wasn't like that for you. But yeah, no, art was about that stuff like that's hilarious thuff. It's like, hey, this might impact you. Uh you playing well? You were kind of nervous about it, right. You were telling me that had you in the and the tight fit and you're like, oh, man, I don't know about this. And they gave you like a little lacrosse penny and they gave me like a little like you know when of them like loose practice ers.
Speaker 2: Used to cover myself over with them, Like man, they want me to get up in this little slim stuff right here.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm not in that good a shade way. We're ready more weeks, Yeah, yeah, yeah, we're ready. That whole process with you doing that is wild. They can't wait for you to write a book. Yeah, it's crazy. Oh dude, speaking of other players like Russell Wilson, have you seen this stuff with Odell Beckham Junior the Plan incident? Yes, I saw that. That's crazy. Yeah. You do you know who KFC is, KFC one minute man on barstool. Yeah, he's always doing like one minute rants on barstool sports. This person's acting like this, and he gives his opinion on it, and he just lets it live on the internet.
Speaker 8: I might have seen something on Twitter one time, but I haven't really not not really. I don't really know too.
Speaker 1: He has this rant saying this is the biggest you you've seen the video more recently? Yeah, yah yah. He was talking about like Odell how it seemed like he was sleep.
Speaker 2: He was like asleep because he came straight from the club to get on the plane after Thanksgiving. He's sleeping on the plane, didn't necessarily put on a seatbelt, wasn't like following orders or whatever, and so then they had it seems like what the police or fired a paramedics.
Speaker 6: They're paramedics.
Speaker 1: They're like, if if he's going to refuse help, we can't give him help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're saying he's like unresponsible to It's like, yeah, basically he's like sleep and he's not really wanting to engage with like putting the seat the in first class rood because he's like laying down. The seat's fully like laying down. So he came over and asked him, do you know where you're at?
Speaker 1: He says yeah. They're like, I mean he knows where he's at, and they're like, is his pants on?
Speaker 2: Because apparently I guess he had his pants off at first, Like all his pants are on now, and they're like, well, how do we go about this, and they're trying to get him.
Speaker 1: I guess ultimately put on a seatbelt.
Speaker 2: I think that's what it was, and just like follow the directions and like we're gonna have to deboard everybody off the plane if you're not willing to cooperate, and he wasn't like trying to talk to any of the workers, so they end up deboarding everybody off the plane. He flames, he fires off on some like old white dude because Odell claims he was saying everything but the N word to me. He's like, this shit don't matter to me, dude. He's like, I'll be on a private plane. Well you guys got to get back on this plane. And it starts flaming him. You know, some nice humor with this, some nice He's like, enjoy the cheese board afterwards. So that's basically the idea of what happened, and now everybody's got an opinion on it. Me, I'm thinking, bro, just put on the seatbelt, like yeah, like you might be tired. Like, let's just say all of that is true. He comes from the club, he gets on the play, I get your you're sleepy.
Speaker 1: Like we've all we've all had like where you're grog and shit like that.
Speaker 2: But we're talking about d boarding the plane. And then he sat there until everybody gets off the plane. So everybody's like, he's I'm just gonna chill here until everybody gets off the plane. Everybody's gotta take their bags out of the fucking overhead and get off the plane.
Speaker 1: There's a level of a Odell where I'm knowing Odell for the few times i've been around a deal. He doesn't seem like that kind of guy. Yeah, he doesn't seem like a dude that would make that stuff happen because it's a great like because he wants to because he thinks he's Odell. But if I'm him in that situation, even if I am fucked up and I was at the club and I had to get on the plane, I'm thinking, hey, people, this is going to be a story. I actually put the damn seatbelt on, right, That's what I'm thinking. Like me, I'm just thinking, yeah, I just put the seatbelt on.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think. I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I can't even speak how somebody gonna react, especially with Odell, with you know, all the stuff he's going through, Ben and mea, and people portray him as one thing, and you know, you always got to defend itself, and he being out in Miami, you know, living his life and then get on the plane and fall asleep and all of a sudden you wake up and there's cops and everybody just looking at you. I mean, you know how, I mean, everybody can react different. So I think he was just like, dang, like it's like, what is it now? But by that time, you you're in a deep sit you waking up. He was like, whoa, what's going on? You gotta you gotta, you know, realization what's going on? And you know, I mean, I can't tell how nobody anybody's gonna react. But you know all that's going on now, all you doing this line and falling.
Speaker 2: Asleep because ultimately all you got is like you know, the tweets we see right social media, four minute video.
Speaker 1: It's not like we have all.
Speaker 8: The But then but then I think, if you know, once he woke up and I was going on. At that point, he probably already knew it was gonna be out there because I mean, phones and everybody gets a hold get a video or something.
Speaker 6: You alread knew at that point. So it's like, I mean, it is what it is.
Speaker 2: You know, you're in the say, you know you're in the media big and you have there like whatever the perceptions are, they get painted YadA YadA, like you almost just think, okay, I need to almost over correct the other side, just so everybody knows, like.
Speaker 1: Super compassive, feel like, hey, I fucked everybody put their bag you know, hey, everybody put their bags of. Listen, listen, listen, I'm gonna put the seatbelt on. Can we fly this plane? Yeah? Yeah, you got that, you're growing out. Hey, everybody put your bags back on. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Right, But at the same time, but then you know, they they take him off the plane. But then you hear the police say, yes, his plans on. He's aware, he was asleep. He probably just tired. He's like, what do y'all want us to do? I mean, like he he's aware, he's alert, I mean, and then they were saying that he wasn't putting a seatbelt on at that time, I feel like he wasn't doing anything wrong. I feel like, you know, at that point, he was just like I just want to fly and go home.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And just like.
Speaker 2: Because it's like, well, what do you guys want to do, It's like, well, let's ask him one more time. Let's just say, can you put the seatbelt on so we can take off?
Speaker 8: But if he wasn't putting a seatbelt on, then it's just like, I mean, I mean, it's on you at that point.
Speaker 1: You just like but yeah, also like we've been on planes. Yeah, like when you're when you play football, Like you get on the plane, you're sitting there and all of a sudden, planes can offer.
Speaker 8: Person, I'm on the plane and I want I don't feel like getting off. I'm gonna go to a cup on the seat we can go.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, you go to the club. You do whatever you want. You know what I'm saying, you do what you do.
Speaker 8: I'm trying to get what you're trying to go to this you seat, gonna let them go they be you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to de escalate the situation.
Speaker 8: But you know, I don't know how everybody else is doing, how the internet work.
Speaker 1: I wonder they should have just waited for him to fall back asleep and then like buckled him up like kind of like just grid them just fucking go. Like see, I don't think that.
Speaker 8: So then my question, I don't think that somebody could have did that. This made it like even me like this ease and put the seat bet on, because you could have did that quickly if he was out.
Speaker 9: He probably want to have felt that anyway, right, like just because because the time that least, Yeah, put your phone, take a little phone and got him. Especially especially you got the why because I hadn't been on the post and I didn't.
Speaker 8: Once you laid back, you be out and it's been time. I have food plates and I wake up and everything going. So it's been easy to put the seat bel on and just let's take called.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: If they did that, we have to get Odell All needs to come on the podcast talk through that brothers we had got as like the same week or like six days apart, So he's got to come on.
Speaker 1: You guys ever like talk or connect over. That was the first one. That was the first one where yeah, he got done. But the same person I got done the first time, and we would like talk like, how's your surgery going, Oh, mine's great, how's your going? And then there was like a level of us both like pretending like everything was great. Yeah, and then both of us had twenty twenty one the way it was, which Odell he was balling, and then all of a sudden just didn't work anymore. Right, the Super Bowl happened, and he.
Speaker 2: Just remember that the turf field. Yes, what are your thoughts on playing on turfields?
Speaker 8: Man? The same sentiment as like you got heard on turfield, So you know how I feel about it. There's been so many injuries that's happened on turtfields. I mean, it's just proven it. I mean it's not really good for the league. And you know for our bodies. You asked any player in the league about turf, they're just like it's not gonna be automatic answer. They're gonna think about it like like like nah. And there's so many people that's been like get rid of the turf fields that you know, I think it's a time where it's all play on grass. But at the end of the day, it's the NFL, So it's all about business, So you're telling me, you know how owners probably think you're telling me, I got to pay.
Speaker 1: You and then pay to keep the field going.
Speaker 8: Whether I can just put turf out have a football game, but I got a maintenance a field, which I know is probably a headache at the end of the day.
Speaker 6: Players are the ones that you know, your.
Speaker 1: Best players hurt.
Speaker 2: Gonna push the we're all about players safety, and that's something and then that's like the narrative. If they're following that narrative, then that's something where they should listen to.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 8: Really, really, I think for players and I think we're just trying to seeing people get hurt on turf, and it's just been proven people getting hurt over and over again. And I think when players play on turf, they probably they thinking about like, man, I hope you know, I come out the game healthy. It's just you're just tired of seeing people get hurt, especially people you see work so hard get where they're at and then get you know, get hurt, especially like he said, we're talking about Odell coming off of a cl and then work all his way back and got the Super Bowl and got hurt again on turf. You know, you don't want to see that. So you know what's.
Speaker 1: Crazy too, is the players are even talking about before the game.
Speaker 2: We had on CJ cj Uzama from the Bengals and he was like, even before the game, they're talking about that middle of the field area where on the Jets. Now, yeah, he's on the Jets now. He was on the Bengals when they were Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: That was nice heads up played though for Will that could have been real bad. It could have been bad.
Speaker 2: But he was saying before the game, they were all out there walking talking about like, hey, make sure you know you be careful around this area because it felt a little loose, like with the turf.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but but but hold on now, Taylor, Yeah, Seattle last year warming up before the game.
Speaker 1: Yes, turf we did.
Speaker 2: And there is video footage you're hitting that little hyper extension looking deal.
Speaker 1: On tur then yeah, like the turf deal is in Buffalo this year. Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What was that second play, first play, first play of the game, that's the action passed?
Speaker 1: But did I read that from the ut there crying?
Speaker 8: Did I read Met Life Stadium is going to turf? I mean going to grass right, moving from turf to grass? Met Life Stadium, the Giants and the Jets. That's a big win.
Speaker 1: People gold to do what the Cardinals are doing. They got the roof that's retractable and on it and they have like on a grid. The Raiders do that too. I mean, I'm not but they have adorned with grass. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I think the Texans had at one point where they went to turf. I think I think it's just a maintenance thing about it. I had to pay and keep the turf up.
Speaker 1: Grass, yeah, fertilizer, yeah, all the time.
Speaker 6: It's just about keeping the grass up.
Speaker 1: Because there's the level of like when when you play a Nissan stadium, like the grass is fine in the middle of the season, but then the end of the season there's the Music City Bowl, there's a whole bunch of concerts and all this stuff is, yeah, plays on it until by the end of the year you're playing on like the Oakland Radio Stadium like all on that.
Speaker 8: I remember one point I forgot what what which year it was, but they had spray painting the field and it's like we're playing on ice the ground.
Speaker 1: I'm like, man, whoa last Yes, I'm like whoa.
Speaker 2: I know it would be one thing if the owners were just like, hey, the maintenance, the cost YadA YadA, and just play that. But if they the way they talk about players safety, it's like, okay, well then listen to your players.
Speaker 1: Even even as simple simply practice. We enjoy going inside, like when.
Speaker 2: It's cold as fuck, but we're like, fuck, we gotta play on the turf.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on turf, ploays feel worse after playing on t but okay to play. Devil's advocated. I remember like going on the turf when you're young, you don't even realize, like older dude to be talking about the turf and like, my shit feels fine, what are you talking about?
Speaker 6: Exactly?
Speaker 1: Yea, even like this past year when we go on the turf, I like, I really want to go on the turf because I know I'm gonna feel the next two days low key. In practice, I would be like, man, I kind of feel really good out here. Springy, springy, Yeah.
Speaker 8: You definitely. You definitely look fast on turf for sure, way fast. You'd be like you flying on turf, Yes, that's that's that's sure to.
Speaker 2: Like when you're in like high school and stuff, you play on the turf field, You're like, oh, man, we're playing.
Speaker 1: Did you play turf field? Yeah exactly in high school?
Speaker 8: Yeah no, no, no, not high said when you go to play on one, you like, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so legit for sure.
Speaker 8: Crazy light the level of thinking as you get older and like you your body and the game. It's like in high school injury like it was nothing and all that type of stuff, and then playing on turf. It's just crazy, how like your logical, logical thinking changes as you.
Speaker 1: Get older through the game. Grass, give us some grass. But in high school, like, man, these guys we had grass with our field. We suck, Like that's not cool. Even in college, were you tripping o turf? Really? No, No, Michigan is the fields on turf all time, every game, every single game.
Speaker 8: But but but that goes to just show you the level and the physicality of the NFL to college, and you know, leaning up, it's way different.
Speaker 6: You gotta yeah it is.
Speaker 1: It is way different, and that everyone's just faster and stronger.
Speaker 8: People always like, people always ask me about college to the NFL, just like, well, the NFL is not in day, different from the same game, not the same, it's not the same.
Speaker 2: College was a feel from a running back perspective, how different it is.
Speaker 1: What did you see.
Speaker 8: Confege is it's not the same, not the same. I mean the SEC was, I mean it was the closest thing to it. But it's just not the same, bro, it's not the same.
Speaker 1: Speaking like like, uh, Derek, you said some fighting words there. You're playing to it. We play a little differently up North. Yeah, but that's why.
Speaker 8: I mean, that's the teams I played mainly was in the SEC. I can't speak on the big team. And you know the conference I didn't play.
Speaker 1: Them, Team Wisconsin, Michigan State.
Speaker 6: Thirty eight zero.
Speaker 1: Wisconsin was like thirty five thirteen.
Speaker 8: Okay, if I played Higher State Ohio State, we played Hio State and the college playoffs they beat us. Yeah, you guys again, play Hio State in the playoffs and they beat us. They wanted that's championship.
Speaker 1: Too High State. He goes, we need this. How the fuck do these other Power five conferences compete with the SEC? Like you are? You're the reason why like players like you are the reason why we can't catch a fucking break. Poor TCUs looking their wounds right now. That game was disgusting. It was and the only good thing I can take from it is they beat them worse than Michigan last year, so I feel a whole lot better about it, you know. But it was just crazy to watch that game.
Speaker 8: I'm just like, when I watched the CU against Michigan, I'm like, Okay, they have some physical physicality to him. They played hard, Like on defense, I'm like, okay they And then the quarterback.
Speaker 2: He's tough thirteen on defense or yeah that lineback, yeah, running around up to you know, running back.
Speaker 8: I heard thirty three, which he's nice, but number three for them. He played well too when he went down. But I just thought TCU, I mean they're physical, they wouldn't I didn't think they're gonna lay the egg go or lay down and don't watch the game.
Speaker 6: I was like, oh man, man again.
Speaker 1: The closest it go? Oh man, Yeah, who are seem competitive? Ill Les? You had that game on for a I think Michigan would have done better.
Speaker 8: No, No, what are your thoughts on the arguments and conversations that we've had about SEC and all that type?
Speaker 1: So what are your thoughts? And now I'm coming to you next. You've been in there. We understand the question, Derek. We know what you're at what you're asking that we slow down ask us the question you want to ask. Obviously, we are a pro Bay ten podcast, and we look at the SEC as the enemy. You guys won. You guys won this year, and you've won frequently over the last fifteen years. But that's the SEC is the best conference in college football, no question right now, no question. My worry is how the hell do we get these studs out of the Southeast and bring them up north. We have to throw some money at them boys and il deals. Now. It is also not fair that the SEC was doing nil deals before they were legal, like that is Yeah, that's something I don't know. Rings remember the last you know it?
Speaker 8: That's a historic quote pay me in rings, so real lives on to this day, live on to this day. Did you were like look at that because that ship was blowing up. Everybody's like his teammates pressing him like this. Yes, the locker room conversation like I bema uh pay page or something like post something like man put it in the coliseum and pay me a rings.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying. That's that's that's you could Yeah, Logan, you can use.
Speaker 1: Kentucky.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what was they lost?
Speaker 1: He was real and that Bree was saying, Kentucky's real this year outside of Georgia. And I don't really say Alabama anymore? Why this year? But bro, I'm gonna keep it real.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna keep it real though, And I'm just gonna say this. Last year Georgia played Michigan. Yes, is it close?
Speaker 1: No? Not close? That it was twenty twenty one. Yeah, year before that, they'm wouna play.
Speaker 6: At higher state and national championship. Wasn't close. It's fifty two, twenty four.
Speaker 1: That doesn't seem like. He didn't really give us time to answer that question either, and trying to thank the year before that.
Speaker 8: Clemson did Clemson. Oh, Clemson played l s U. That turned out those I mean, but I'm just saying I'm in the SEC or A C C. Now, what's it?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 8: One year when Clempton played Ohio State in the playoffs. I think it was like in the bowl, Oh LSU won because that was Joey b that's that's that's on us. That that's not on you. I knew that l you won that Football Teams of All Time, that's on us. That's all he said.
Speaker 1: The best colased football football team of all time. One of them. I think Nebraska in the nineties Nebras.
Speaker 8: But I will say, look up the stats. I will say Ohio State held it down against Georgia this year.
Speaker 6: That was a good game. That was a good game. They played well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know what made it seem like Georgia was human that we were so close to seeing a house state versus Michigan in the National Championship.
Speaker 8: You were, Yes, I will say, I will say this for Michigan, that was a touchdown. I don't understand how they didn't know what that was. That was a touchdown me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've said on this podcast already you can't spot them two pick sixes and a quarterback running back exchange for a turnover. You can't do that, right, It's still almost They still almost came back.
Speaker 6: That was tough. That was tough.
Speaker 2: That fair to say that Georgia's Alabama's daddy. Now in the SEC, Bro, you take it easy.
Speaker 8: You gonna look at me in my face, smile. Let me asked me that question. You got that much confidence ask me that? Yeah, Bro, to say Georgia, you got to.
Speaker 1: Show your teeth to talk, all right? Hang on, let me let me change it out.
Speaker 6: No no, no, no no no no.
Speaker 8: The question, the questions already out there, the questions already out there.
Speaker 1: We just played Georgia.
Speaker 8: No no, no, you are asking the question. No no, no, no, We're good, We're good. You asked You asked that a confidence, So I'm going to kill like confidence.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 8: We just played Georgia last year in the National Championship. They won right, They won right, and we beat them previous that.
Speaker 1: Same year in the STC Championship.
Speaker 8: We had both both of our receivers, John Meshi and Jameson Williams.
Speaker 6: John Mishie goes down with a cl.
Speaker 8: And then Williams goes down with a cl In that game, Bro, who I mean, who is who is Rightce gonna gonna throw to in that game?
Speaker 1: Natty's in a row. Now set again's in a row.
Speaker 8: I'm not taking anything away from Georgia, but I'm saying we had went previous that year. We just won it in twenty twenty and we went back in twenty twenty one. Georgia won it last year and they won it this year. We've won it two thousand and nine, twenty twelve, twenty and fifteen. Oh yeah, twenty eleven, I'm sorry, twenty eleven, nine eleven even no No nine eleven, twelve, fifteen, hold on, hold on hold.
Speaker 1: On fifteen seventeen.
Speaker 8: I don't want to look its seventeen Crimson twenty.
Speaker 1: And you guys, you guys have to begainst the twenty twenty. We're just I'm just looking at the stats. We just want to SEC is king ship in the SEC. Right now, okay, let me rephrase it. Would it be fair to say that Georgia is the king of the SEC?
Speaker 8: No bro, right, no bro? They are playing great football. They are the two time defending chance is over.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying for last two years, they've been outstanding. What I'm saying.
Speaker 8: We have sustained that standard for ten years, for ten years. I just think when somebody's on top and been on top for so long, they can't wait for somebody to just come in and just take over. But but but well that's not going to I'm sorry to say.
Speaker 1: But the recruit this year, how about this? With this? There you go, is Kirby Smart the best head coach in the SEC? Bro?
Speaker 8: Stop stop, bro, no, no, who who is Kirby smart Under before he went to Georgia.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming nixt name. You were assuming Nick Saban, know, I assume many Just because Nick Saban's lived longer doesn't mean any Yeah, nick name is really just old. That's why he successful, I think so. I mean it seems like, I mean that's falling off last year's the guys last twenty because the start of the state.
Speaker 2: Need to be fair to say that in twenty twenty two Georgia was the king of the SEC.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I can't live with that.
Speaker 1: No, okay, how about this? So you're dying with You're you're dying with the ride, which we can we can respect. Well, you do one more question, though, Is it fair to say since twenty twenty Georgia has owned the SEC?
Speaker 6: No? Bro, oh, bro, that's twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: People, I'm scared to play Alabama that year.
Speaker 8: It's twenty and and killed them at your point, you did, Bro, you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna say that. Bro, you said, you said twenty twenty.
Speaker 10: Let's hear the dog, Yeah, the dog dogs. Nobody say anything else anymore. You said the king of the SECS is twenty twenty. We beat them twice in twenty twenty, right in twenty twenty, Right, we're doing twice in twenty twenty, right because because BRO played resident season SEC, we beat them twice then.
Speaker 1: Right, I know that.
Speaker 8: Yes, No, no, no, no, no, we did because of the SEC schedule in twenty twenty because because of COVID and they came to them and we beat them. So we beat them twice in twenty twenty. Right, we beat them in twenty twenty one SEC championship. They beat us the National championship. We didn't play. We didn't play. We didn't play this year.
Speaker 1: What would you rather have an SEC championship or national championship? This is a question question. Okay, okay, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, but we were still there. They yeah, they won.
Speaker 8: But so so you're telling me watching that game on Monday night, you were like, what is this?
Speaker 1: They shouldn't have been there, That's what everybody was saying. TCO. Absolutely, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: And it's no, not a TCU, but it's just like they, I mean, you think no competation.
Speaker 1: Should have been should have been there? Yeah, Tennessee should have been in the ANT championship this year we lost by field goal. Yeah, lost lost or close matters.
Speaker 8: Okay, I lost when I was that man. We still won National Chamis. We lost, Old Miss. That was the old Miss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that.
Speaker 6: Was the crazy game.
Speaker 2: Do you wish that your mascot is a dog over an elephant?
Speaker 1: Elephants?
Speaker 6: Elephant's biggest animal in the jungle boy?
Speaker 1: What else you know about them? Are they in jungles? Huh? They go in jungles and in jungle baby. In the Young Memories to what's a better mascot than an elephant? None? A wolverine?
Speaker 6: None?
Speaker 1: Dog, y' don't even have a do y'all have a mascot? Never see y'all in the eighties and it died, okay, and then it became you guys, are you guys are with wolverines? With the wolver It's a tax jummy one sitting in the Shambacker hall right now.
Speaker 6: But either way it goes. Mary's proud of abou Bemon boys.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 8: We came up a little bit short when we finished the season strong. One thing about us, We're just gonna go back to work, let everybody talk and come out and do what we do. I think I mean that because when I was there my freshman. My freshman year we lost to.
Speaker 2: Your freshman years that when you were getting paid, No, never got paid.
Speaker 1: That was to go to the school. I was earning my rings.
Speaker 8: Do a good job my first My first year, we lost to Auburn to kick sixty.
Speaker 6: We end up losing to Oklahoma and the Sugar Bowl.
Speaker 8: In my second year, we lost the Old Miss and they end up losing the Hohio State in the playoffs. In my third year, we lost the Old Miss again. We went in our championship and SEC championship. So it's like, you know, you can have times.
Speaker 2: Where who was your first year twenty twelfth, twenty thirteen successful in a straight line?
Speaker 8: Not always, man, not always, It's not always. You know, Georgia had to work their way you get there, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Way to get you ain't gonna work their way to get where to win in a row, will be on top.
Speaker 8: To be on top, Yeah, because they want they're the national championship, Kings, that championship, the Kings. No, y'all, y'all, we all saw people are again I'll saw coach saving whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy. Who is it? Who is the David Pollock was like Georgia is like the team in the SEC. But yeah, and you see Nick Savean look down on this. You can see him taking that mental note, all right, bet, this is the rat poison we needed. This is the rat poison we needed. Do you guys think you're gonna be good next year? Which who's gonna be your quarterback? Question? Who's gonna be your quarterback? Probably would be an open competition.
Speaker 6: I think it would be open competition, but I think.
Speaker 8: That's how it always is unless you just come in and just establish yourself right away, and it's just there's no question. I think it'd be an open competition until somebody just takes it over, which I think it will go until campus over.
Speaker 6: Yeah, go through. They'll go through, uh spring and do all that and go through a day.
Speaker 1: How's it feel? They have to Bama guys on top of the league and rushing.
Speaker 6: That's always nice, man.
Speaker 1: You know that in that last game, right, he has three going in note last week and then.
Speaker 8: You I was three. But yeah, man, it's aspire r b U. I mean you can't. You can't.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 6: People always try to argue this that is RB you bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys come along way from Trent Richardson. Don't don't don't do that. Don't do that. No, I like ye, we were in the number game together. We were Yeah, he is a stud and he he had off the field deals or something going on. But this is not a disrespectful common He was as ru for sure, help for sure. Yeah, who who competes with that? Who competes with you? Guys? A RB probably J yelled and not t Y Helen.
Speaker 8: Georgia, Georgia, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: Wisconsin's got some stags. You remember that. You've seen firsthand what happens with Wisconsin running back no lube. Yeah, no, I want you to know I wasn't coming out. Uh, I guess I was coming out. Tre Urchardson threw him in the bus column. He is like objectively, if you looked at him, he is a bust. And now I've been around him a couple of times. I enjoyed him. I think he's a great guy for whatever happened, just didn't work out in the league.
Speaker 8: But it happens sometimes, you know, stuff like that happens and you just gotta gotta move on. We all wanted to go but be playing, but don't. I don't go like that. But yeah, he's.
Speaker 1: Still a doll man. He was a dog in college. Everybody know.
Speaker 6: You know Rich.
Speaker 1: Elephant, sure you were.
Speaker 2: I do want to circle back. Got that dog in him, got that dog in him. I do want to circle back.
Speaker 1: I just see what you did to my dog when you got hurt last year.
Speaker 8: What was no, no, no, I do want to speak on you said. Having two BEMA backs in the top two.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Proud of Josh. He worked for it, went crazy.
Speaker 8: I got to watch his game against the forty nine ers, which is part of the best sleepers in the league. He was killing him and he didn't have a lot of yards, but he was going crazy. Very proud of Josh Man. And you know, I think he earned everything he got this year. I know they didn't pick up his with their option this past year, so I know that was motivation. Proudly Josh Man. And you know rbu Benma beilt roll time. You know what it is, Harris Kenyan doing this thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys do have a lot of good holding.
Speaker 8: It down for a while. Yeah, man, proud of them boys. Man, you know how we rock out.
Speaker 1: You guys have some really good who's the back for the Saints Alvin Kamara and marking that, but he was before he was. We all we all came, We all came, album came in together.
Speaker 6: Man crazy.
Speaker 1: Most underutilized back in college football history Alvin Kamara.
Speaker 8: Probably his first year and then he uh left, went to junior colle but when he went to Tennessee it went crazy.
Speaker 1: He still under underutilized that people really didn't know about him like that at the time, right, jail her, But.
Speaker 8: But but Alvin was a dog at Tennessee. What but you think I went crazy?
Speaker 1: Alvin Kamara was going to do what he's in the league when he was in college. What are you talking about? You're not seeing at Tennessee that we have talked about this, But like he was under utilized.
Speaker 8: Josh Dobbson was utilized dog at Tennessee, broy dog.
Speaker 1: But all right, dog, I digress. You know when we play them, when when you cut that something look stupid as fuck? You know when dobbs when dobbs gonna cut it. Jack literally last week was even kind of saying that. But I guess now he switched up. No, but when uh Jack?
Speaker 8: But uh Speaking of speaking of Tennessee. And when I was at Tennessee, we played them in fifteen. They almost beat us. It was a close game. He came down to the wire they were good. Now he was balling.
Speaker 1: Really, if it wasn't for the game Cocks, they'd be in that college wall playoffs.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that that game was wold. The boy went crazy and then Hidon got hurt.
Speaker 6: I hate. I hated to see that.
Speaker 1: I saw him in La when I when I when you just put the Chargers. I went down there and get checked up, and he was like super positive. Joe Milton, well he nice. Watch he nice?
Speaker 6: Now he nice?
Speaker 1: Good? Like literally once he went down and came in and finished to go back to Michigan.
Speaker 6: He nice?
Speaker 1: Does he have another year? I want him back? Is he not?
Speaker 6: Is he done?
Speaker 1: He's going back?
Speaker 6: He's going back to Tennessee. Yeah, oh he nice.
Speaker 4: Bro started before and then he was like overthrowing.
Speaker 1: He oh yes, not no more, no more quarterback in Tennessee. He is bro. He's big.
Speaker 8: He's a big dude. You think he throws far. When he was throwing, it look like he was just like right, we're going.
Speaker 6: Be nice, bro, Come.
Speaker 1: On, Jim, you don't like JJ I like JJ a lot, but I like competition. You know, no, No, I like competition. I think competition makes the best out of all. So Iron, STARp and Iron, Who.
Speaker 2: Would you want to be a certain quarterback in Michigan if he went there, if.
Speaker 1: Joe Milton went there? Yeah, Like, who would you want to be? The I want? I would want to see them compete and whoever the best one is we come out better. Hopefully whoever does take This's a Nast Championship and wins it against Georgia next year, you hope comes out on top of that quarterback battle. Oh, I think I would hope the better player came out on top.
Speaker 2: You're just you're just wanting to get on your hands and knees for fucking Joe Milton and go to Michigan. But then it's like, oh, getting the quarterback battle?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, unless Joe's afraid of competition, Why I go to Michigan and compete when you can just start in Tennessee. I mean, unless offer why not trying to be great? Hey, guys, all give them empty promises.
Speaker 2: We interrupt this episode to shout out the boys at Sport Cliffs. No free shoutouts, consider this. Not every hair stylist is created equal. Mini stylists don't have much experience cutting men's hair, but you don't know it until it's too late. At sport Cliffs, all stylists undergo specialized training specifically in how to cut install men's hair, making them not just stylists but scissor cutting scholars and fade fanatics. After all, it's not just any average haircut This is the big league's boys we're talking about. These are hair cutting professionals. So don't hand your bushy old knogging over to anyone over with a pair of clippers. Hand them to them hair cutting professionals over at sport Clips. That takes men's cutting hair to another level, which is why they truly are the pros in men's hair. Before we get back to this stuff, so we do got a shot. We do got to say that our buswiser merch that you guys see our bus and our buttweizer bow tie logo stuff that's done up at the end of the month. So go ahead, jump in the stored up arsels so you know, you guys don't where to find us, buy those teas up by everything up because they're.
Speaker 1: Going after this month back to the episode. Yeah, but it's cool switch up sometimes, like your hair. Do you think I was? We want to talk about your hair.
Speaker 8: It is so crazy because at first people were making fun of my hair. Oh it looks like this, it looks like that wanted to take it down. But now I take it down. Get their hair bag. It's your super power. I'm like, bro, shut up, be quiet.
Speaker 1: Now we'll say this. Shut up. Hits. Hits look harder on you with your hair down because your hair because it flies everywhere looking around. Yeah, sure, because I think somebody I'm not going to say who was like, I think Derek taking harder hits this year, And I was like, bro, I think it's his hair just flying around more. It's definitely my hair, I feel because my head is the Giants game this first time. That was I want, I want who was blocking on that? You made me look really bad? Well, who was blocking on it really bad?
Speaker 7: That?
Speaker 1: I think? It was.
Speaker 2: Definitely why bars are kind of you know, Maynebacker slipped in and then yeah, yeah that was tough for the individual.
Speaker 1: But I was looking this way.
Speaker 8: I seen the same thing I was. I was jumping over somebody on the ground. I looking straight up rest his history. But I ain't gonna complain. We got back up and continued to play.
Speaker 1: When you saw one of your teammates with the dark visor, and did you think, wow, it looks really cool. I want to do that too.
Speaker 6: I always saw a dark bozone.
Speaker 8: Was was cool when I seen Danien Thomas, and we always wanted to wear one, because that's all him.
Speaker 1: Had nothing to do with an office lineman on your team. That worked, not at all.
Speaker 6: That's sorry to say.
Speaker 1: Oh you're saying he wanted to get the dark visor. Oh my god, Will bro he is really like that. He just doesn't Derek got that yahn like that. Yeah, let's talk about the season. I thought I thought I had a question. Okay, go ahead, this is exactly said. What were't gonna do? But go ahead? Yeah, I can't remember.
Speaker 2: What were the best like jokes you got with what your hair looked like, because I know you're thinking of them, and you said, you know, like this like that, like the other day somebody's like, you know, Derek doesn't have the.
Speaker 1: Third hanging out of the helmet anymore.
Speaker 8: I think I think you. I think you know that. That's why you asked that question. And you just said one of them. That's why you That's why you said that.
Speaker 1: You hear like from your boys or anybody personally. You know, I heard.
Speaker 8: I heard it all Taylor knows. He saying he just wait by moment. He's not so big. He waited by moment alive.
Speaker 1: It was all.
Speaker 8: It was all the jokes. But you know, I welcome, I welcome, and all I was. I was balling, doing my things. Yeah, I didn't really care.
Speaker 1: You were doing your thing. That was my question, that was you were doing that thing? All right? So the season, obviously it's hard to be a running back in this league. You just said how hard it is, like from college to the NFL. It's got to be equally as hard. When injuries happened in front of you, like Ben Jones went down this year. Ben Jones never goes down. You went He's always there, and yeah, I went down. Nate went down. Uh we had Dylan for ten seconds in the Chargers game. He went down. Who else Brewer, our smallest guy, made it through the whole entire season unscathed. It seems like, ye, how is that? Like was there a time obviously not coming at the players at all, but for you being like frustrated, like damn, because how we do has a lot to do with your success. Obviously you're still bald. Yeah, but what I'm saying does that like effect. There's got to be a level of frustration for you during the season when you see guys going down over and over again.
Speaker 8: Not really a frustration for me, but I just feel frustrated for my teammates everybody that went down, because I see y'all and as far as you working your way back and excited for the season. You know, we have our talks and we do all that, and just to see it and how quickly it did frustrated for you because I know how much you love this game, and you know how much you love playing ball, and you know all the success that you had and then we've been the same thing. You know, we all like brothers, you know, we family have been together for so long. And to see all y'all just go down and not be able to finish the season and do the things that we've always done throughout the season.
Speaker 6: It was just that was probably the tough part.
Speaker 8: But to me, I just try to focus on, you know, what what I need to do to help us win and and do all that, which it was different because different bodies, you know, new guys. Yeah, everybody, everybody's different. So but it was definitely tough this year just because it was so many different guys just coming in and you know, trying to pick up our scheme and you know.
Speaker 6: Style we play and the day.
Speaker 8: I feel like those guys try to do the best job they can to fill in for y'all. But I mean it was still tough because we you know, we chemistry, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how does it change the way you run the rock? Like has it changed? Like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all that stuff? Also you're one of you're like the best to do it. It's like, how does it? How does that change the way you go out there and play? Like, if you're trying to get to know Lineman, you're talking about chemistry and everything else. Is it is it things that you got to more so look at on film or talk on linement or is it just always like a feel thing for you?
Speaker 8: No, I'm always gonna play the same, I think, you know, I think from watching y'all and be in the room with y'all and knowing that's all we want to play, and you know, how we are with the ring game. I feel like they you know, gotta you know of it from y'all being around y'all. So I played the same. I don't try to worry about who's blocking this and that you have. You got your job and I'm gonna do mine.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it doesn't take your eyes anywhere differently. No, I'm just trying to put myself in your shoes. I'm like, okay, if there could be you know now, because I'm I'm I'm maybe I'm gonna take my eyes here on this.
Speaker 8: I'm basically looking at it because I'm too busy looking at the look the deep pens of given. So I don't really you know, everybody gotta got their job. But yeah, I mean it was. It was definitely tough.
Speaker 1: Well, it definitely plays because it's a difficult offense to run for an offensive lineman. It's a unique offense that like four or five offenses in the league do. But like it all depends on stretch, Like if one guy gets more stretch than another, you have to cut back plays faster. Now that's a reaction thing for you, but that does, like I could see myself in your shoes getting frustrated because it's like damn, I want to do so well. Like I see you and how you work and how you handle yourself on a day to day basis inside the building, it's like Derek wants to be great every like he wants to be great, and he wants like them to be like, Hey, we're running the ball, and Derek's running the ball, and this is why we're gonna win. Like you appreciate and you accept that responsibility. And then if I'm like, you're used to stretching a ball a certain certain time or a certain amount of steps, and now like you, someone's out, so you can't or you can't make that cutback because Ben's not there and the other person in there doesn't have the skill set that Ben does. I can see it being difficult.
Speaker 8: Yeah, especially because you know Ben, you y'all seen a lot of balls. So guys who who come in there, you know, haven't you know, you know, seeing different looks and things like that and got in that fire like that. So then if it's gonna be some it's gonna be some adjustments, it's gonna be different. Guys can't do what other guys do just because they'ven been in the system for a long time, and like you said, it's kind of it can be hard for some offense alignment if they haven't done it, you know, for a long time, which y'all have, and I understand that. At end of the day, I just try to get them confidence to be like, bro, it is what it is. This is what it is, is what we're gonna go out with. Let's let's go ball. But at the same time, you know, you know, everybody's skill set is different. But at the end of the day, we all got a job to do it, and I had the job to do, so I'm gonna try to go out there and ball regardless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was it like your first time getting getting injured? Actually, I don't even know if it was your first actual time getting in It.
Speaker 1: Is the first time I ever got surgery, really, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 6: I had surgery in college.
Speaker 1: I thought you said, the first time getting surgery and in the NFL.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was tough, you know, I was, I was hurt.
Speaker 8: You know, it was definitely different from me because it was my first time actually getting surgery during the season and missing the whole season. That's never happened before, so that was so that was different, and I was just like I had to take a grasp of that and the kind of realization of what happened, and you know that it was tough because watching games and you know, just being at the house and watching y'all play.
Speaker 6: Then that was the other toughest.
Speaker 8: Part because I want to be a part of that and nothing like that never happened before. Like I said, with me being out for the whole season and trying to work my way back and doing everything I can to get back kind of kind of made me sit back and you know, look at things different and like see, you know, thinging a different, everything in a different light as far as what's going on and everything around me and people change too, so yeah, different.
Speaker 1: You feel like.
Speaker 2: You feel like it was more mentally trying than you thought it would be. That then maybe you anticipate, I want to say thought like anticipated because I guess I'm trying to like being in your shoes, Like you're part of this team. You got all the boys, you got aj Brown, you just got you get Julio.
Speaker 1: You're like, hey, this is gonna be the team where we do it. You ran years before for two thousand year before.
Speaker 2: Now we get an extra game I'm about to break all I'm about to break all this stuff. Like obviously you have personal ambitions and then obviously team ambitions as well, and then again it comes to a stop and then you're going through all that, You're typ You're sitting there saying, I sat back and kind of re evaluate and assess things a little bit differently. Do you feel like those trying times were uh, you know, harder mentally than you anticipated them being.
Speaker 8: Yeah, definitely it was. Mentally it was. It was tough mentally for real, because like you said, everything was was going then just stop, everything to stop, and all you got to sit there, especially with breaking the bone time, so you know, having surgery and then going through that part. And then I think once I got like, was able to rehab and stuff started speeding up a little bit. But mentally, yeah, it was. It was definitely tough because I'm just like, man, I mean that's all I know. You know, I put so much work and so much time into football, and you know, when it's the season time, that's all I'm so all I'm worried about.
Speaker 6: It's all I'm thinking about.
Speaker 8: I mean, all love this game, and you know, for everything to stop just like man. But at the end of the day, I just had to put faith in the man above and trust what was going on. And you know, trust is this journey for me and then work hard to get back. And I was able to get back, which wasn't good enough, but you know, I'm just happy to be able to get back and then work in the off season and then finished the season. You know, this year with the injury, because a lot of guys the injury and this stuff to come back from.
Speaker 6: But our guys have came back from it.
Speaker 8: You know, reach out to Julio, which he had two surgeries, two surgeries on it. They kind of gave me some encouragement about it. It was, yeah, it was it was tough. It was different, but everybody, Yeah, it's a different testament. That's a sad thing.
Speaker 1: I mean I remember that. I remember the Colts came and you going up to you after that series. I mean, like you like, I think I sucked my my foot up. My foot hurts. It's masically all you said.
Speaker 6: I played three quarters with the broken foot. Three was I didn't know.
Speaker 8: I kind of I figured it was broke, but I was like, you just don't want to believe it. I'm like, man, I fun, it was, but it was killing me though the whole the whole game. I'm like, man, thing hurting walking on it, till walking on it.
Speaker 6: I mean it was.
Speaker 8: It was killing me. I knew after the game. I'm like, oh man. Then when they no, we got X rays, bro, that was look at x rays. I got big.
Speaker 1: I said, going on, Bro, what was the doctor to that guy? When his eyes got.
Speaker 8: Big petty and he was like it just like yeah, you broke the fifth mint of tarsels, known as a Jones re freshure. And I was like, Okay, when can I get back? It was like, uh, I don't know about that. It might it might be a while.
Speaker 1: And I was like, whoa, yeah, because you came back in the locker room, Me and Ben waited for you. The whole locker room was cleared out and me and them were like, we're gonna wait for Derek. And he walked back in looking sad, sad as hell, and I was like, hey, what's up?
Speaker 6: You're like.
Speaker 1: He just whispered I'm done and then described his towel and went and showered. That was tough, was we? Especially Ben and I? Like, there's not a whole lot of accolades we can hang our hat on to be like this is like this is us. And when you were having the year that was like the fucking year, You're at like nine hundred and thirty seven yards and we're like, dude, we're really gonna I know, we're really later in the year, at the end of the year, he was still top five and rushing or just with six n Jonathan Taylor talk about Jonathan Taylor ninety and m v P. I knowuse everyone was like everyone's counting Derek out and we're like, yo, this guy's balling right now, I know, going crazy, and we're all like this is going to be like it's your success. But we were looking at us like damn, this is our year. Is the year that we're going to get Derek the record?
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, bro, I'm sure, yeah, I'm sure that that was. And two with the bone, Uh, you can't. It can't. It's like it goes at its own pace. You can't sit there and rehabit. You can do a little bost machine like I'm gonna do everything I can.
Speaker 8: To get back and I'm not knowing to have patience, but I had had to have patience with that.
Speaker 1: You have a choice with the patient. Did you think was there a possibility heard it more or was it just like, hey, that's as a clear fracture. It as what it is. Like I heard it, I would yes about playing, which is crazy because if you look back, you go, I got to get out of the game right away. Like if that happens, like if you have the knowledge you do now you're like, oh, I got to get out right now, and you just let it ride.
Speaker 8: Because we won. I don't know, like sixty eight yards rushing, but it was a tough sled, But I don't know I would have played.
Speaker 1: Did you break one in that game? No, thank god, that would have been a tough.
Speaker 8: Look you've been hopping on one leg trying to get some in zone. I wouldn't have made it at all. It was hurting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can tell too. Then this last game this year when you played at the Colts and you were you were balling again. You were going off like I've never seen usually when you score, Like we joke all the time, like it's just big eyes and kind of all right back to the sideline, you know what I'm saying. But like when you were watching the game. I think we were texting in the group and like, Derek is legit. I've never seen passion like that from you getting in the in zone. Everybody, it really was.
Speaker 8: Everyone was asking what it was, like, what gotten in the you you do your helmet off and doing all this episode.
Speaker 6: I was like, man, I was just in a moment. I don't know, just in a moment.
Speaker 1: It's got it. There's got to be some sort of like emotional when you get hurt somewhere. Because the Indianapolis Stadium is so unique because that's where everyone, every single person's NFL journey starts, that is invited to be combined. You get to go, you get to go to the combine, you run there, you look around, You're like, this is a legit NFL stadium. I had to rephrase the question halfway through. But like everyone starts to Comba. So for whatever reason, like everyone has in their head when they walk out there, like this is where it all starts, all started for me, and that's where you one of your seasons was ended. So there's got to be a place you you went to before that game. Because we know how you keep receipts. We are very aware of how you said in the past, like I don't keep receipts, but I remember that's how you phrased the last podcast.
Speaker 8: Yes, yeah, I definitely wanted to be a different ending other than when I got hurt, which I will hurt it.
Speaker 6: I didn't have a great game, so I'm just like, man.
Speaker 8: I gotta go out there and put out a different result this game, and that's just my main focus. And we ended up winning, and I gotta played, all right. I wanted to play, but play all right.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you talking about the injury stuff because I just feel like a lot of like every probably running back in the world probably looks up to you, and people people get hurt are like times where it doesn't make any sense at all, and it's like, you know, you speaking on it, it's almost like shedding, like like hey, these are these are like man, Derek, Derek went through something like this.
Speaker 1: It was real.
Speaker 2: It's like maybe I'm maybe I'm impatient. He talked about, oh I had to be patient. He had to do it too, and you kind of like lean in like I want to be like Derek.
Speaker 8: Yeah, for sure, it was tough. I it was never easy. Sure, I appreciate the adversity, you know, versus Bill's character. It definitely made me better, made me tougher going through something like that. She wanted the middle of the season and everything was going well. I wanted to and everything to stop. But how life life is. It stops and you have bumps in the road. Get over him and try to come out on top at.
Speaker 6: The end of the day.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, do you ever think about You've had the two you have the two thousand yard seasons. You run your ass off, bro, but getting hurt the last time? Do you ever think about your mortality more now in this league as you continue to get older as far as like coming you know, when the ending could be for you, or how many more years you could possibly have in the tank. And then because usually an injury the injury season, you're like, fuck.
Speaker 1: Man, I guess it makes you reflecting, like damn I am human?
Speaker 8: Yeah right, yeah, yeah, definitely, you know, kind of brings you to to reality a little bit, especially with you know, I was having a lot of success and then everything stopped, and then it went to like always getting older, the injury might slow him down and all that type of stuff, and you know, it's a different outlook of everything, because before it was like he's a busy this and that, and then it's like, oh the Andre's gonna throw him down. He's not the same. But you know, you try to block out the noise and then go back to work. But I don't try to put like a limit on how long I want to play or how I'm feeling.
Speaker 6: I just go play.
Speaker 8: You know, I love this game, and I'm continue to work as hard as I can to play as long as I can, and when I feel like I'm ready to hang it up and not hang it up. But you know, every player probably wants to end it on their on their terms, and sometimes it don't go that way. But like I said, I just put my faith in the man above and then whenever it's supposed to end this, it's going in. But until then, I'm gonna focus on getting better and keep balling and doing eybody can and be on the best in the league and one of the best players on my team to us win.
Speaker 6: So that's always a goal, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So it's just a scary it's a it's a it's a scary thought, like because you don't want the times. You're gonna do a rebuild rebuild year with you with a lot of good ball left. And I just want till bad. You made me so hard just now, I looked, I cried a little bit. I want so badly for the I want so ballely for the Titans to do well, and I just hope that they can do whatever they need to do this year to like make sure it's like, all right, we're a playoff containing AFC souleth champion team again. And I guess a better question is, like do you think you do that through the draft or you do that through trades? Because the Rams up until this year they were they traded like we got to win now, Like you're a generational talent, Dereck Henry is a generational talent. How do we make sure Derek doesn't get wasted? Yeah?
Speaker 8: I think as far as me, I don't think I need to be the focal point. I think it's like what do we do on all three phases, especially offense, you know, to you know, help the team better and to play better as an offense as well. And I think you just see what's out there, see what you got to do. As far as strategy wise. Again this is above my my pray, my pay grade. But you know, I just want us to get back to how we were playing and doing the things that things that we were doing. I want I want to win the championship. Championship here so bad, and we want to bring the first one to Nashville. But at the end of the day, you know, we just got to get you know, pieces in here to put it all together, all together to make it work. And you know, hopefully happened this off season and we'll be able to do that. Bring some guys in to help us, you know, spring us forward and were there to make some plays and go out, get back to balling and doing what we do.
Speaker 1: How you feel christ to be successful. For the Titans to truly be successful, we can't just be Derrick Henry gets the ball like you need to get touches and you need to get twenty twenty five touches a game to be successful. But we have to be able to push the ball down the field. From an aerial standpoint, what do you think.
Speaker 2: It is built to the draft trads? What I mean, at the end of the day, and it happens you're under contract. I think you're tight next year, like you guys are both next year. I can be the guy who asked the question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then then you got to you gotta fix the offens the line that's like you, that is I think the number one thing that the Tennessee Times need to do is they to fix the off It's the line they need. If Ben retires in a final center, they didn't find a left tackle, they need to find a right guard. If Nate doesn't sign back, you need to hope that Nick nick Petite develops more from a rookie and takes a step in the next year. A wide receiver. You need a wide receiver like and you got to figure out why the fuck these injuries are happening. It happens once it's understandable. Freak things happen this season. That was crazy. We sat the record, we're still the number one seeing the FFC South Now, it's like it happens two years in a row. What is happening on that football field for the Titans to be hurt. I don't think it's Mike Rabel's problem. I think Ravees takes his guys that are older and guys are her stud players, and he gives them opportunities to get healthy and stay healthy, but for whatever reason, it's not happening. So why why does that happen? Well, you need to figure that out objectively.
Speaker 2: There's there's two areas. There's the strength and condition you're in. There's the training room area.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But I'm saying like, if.
Speaker 2: You're talking about if we're if we're asking questions on you know, if we want to play armchair GM, then we got to be able to we got to be able to ejectually say okay, well what's happening on the field.
Speaker 1: It's like, well, there's the two areas you look at. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I understand what you're saying, Like, if you want to go down the road of you know, hey, do you do you let go.
Speaker 1: Of the strength staff or the training room. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And I don't think it would be fair to put either of you guys in to say yes or no.
Speaker 1: I don't think. I think Todd Torseli is a phenomenal trainer, head trainer in this league. I think he's got a great staff. I think Frank is a good strength coach. But maybe bring other people in like you would do in any business to help evaluate and say these are things you can do better, these are things you could improve on, and then you guys give them the reins and the tools and say, all right, now, you guys go go do these things. I'm not saying you need to replace Frank or Todd or their staff because you do not. I think those are I like them individually, and I think they're good at their jobs. But I'm just saying, just going off of what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Right, What I was getting at is if we kind of stopped there and we kind of played the whole question and then we kind of just let it be in the clouds, then it leaves it up for translation for everybody else out there watching. Oh, they could be alluding to this, They could be alluding to that, right, or you know, you get into like you could bring in I'm talking about players.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this whole like like there said this is above all of our pay grades to where this is like, hey, it's not even worth touching because I don't know I don't know how to keep myself healthy, let alone an entire team. So I would say, like, look at, like how do we get players in? Because if you look at our roster in camp starting day one of camp. It's a good roster. We have good players. You're missing AJ Brown Hindsight's twenty twenty. We missed on that. That sucks. I'm sure John will like take that back if you could. I'm sure there's the actual truth that both sides are embellishing to help themselves a little bit better. Yeah, but obviously you wish A. J. Brown was on this team. But our roster wasn't bad looking at all. We had a solid offensive line on the roster with a good rights competition going on. Our defense, our front seven is was incredible. Our back end, you had Roger mccrury, who's a young guy, but bald this year did well for a rookie, Like I don't know if he was on any all rookie teams, but he should have been. And then you have Hooker and KB and Hooker got hurt too this year and Fulton who also got hurt. He missed how many games? Six games? Not sure, Yeah he missed. He missed a handful of games. Yeah, but I'm saying, like you look at the the week one roster, have the week one roster, the going into camp roster I think the good team, how do you keep those guys healthy? But who do you get like you got to fix the A line, that's number one thing. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean as far as like, you know, what's happening these past year, like like a few years, with these two years with injuries, I think it's just an evaluation of everybody. What can we we all do better to improve you know, the organizations, you know, through players and how we play and the injuries, and just for everybody accept evaluation. What can I to do to help you know, us be better as whole. And I think that's that's that is needed because these past few years it's been it's been rough with injuries and all those types of things, and we just never had like a a series of where, you know, we had a couple of games where we had everybody and everybody felt good and everybody was healthy.
Speaker 6: So it's just like, how can we get to that?
Speaker 8: How how are these teams sustaining you know, keeping their players, you know, throughout the whole season.
Speaker 1: How does Roger Staffold get injured a whole bunch of the Titans and goes to the Buffalo Bills and has not injured the whole season and plays well. He's in bold this year, right, and he's a year older with less tread on the tires. Again, And this is not me coming up the times because I am everybody knows I'm I'm a part of the organizations. So I'm excited and for now I am too there. Okay, like two or three more weeks less on the old belt here, But I'm saying I'm not coming out the times. I think just like if I am the owner, if I'm Amy, that's the number one thing I'm fixing or trying to figure out how to fix is why are these injuries happening? And how can we stop them from happening? Yeah, because injury rate in the NFL is one hundred percent, but you're hoping it's one hundred percent for like two three guys a year and then you have the rest of your your core foundational team. But like even Jeff said in his exit his last interview in the JAG's locker room, He's like, I've been shooting at my ankle every single week for eight weeks and just a dog. But it's it's tough.
Speaker 8: I feel like, I mean, ours training staff and strength and conditions staff do a great job, but just like, I mean, how can we all improve on helping one another? And you know everybody's staying healthy and being out there being available because your best ability is availability.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, that's just about Uh.
Speaker 2: DeAndre Hopkins tweet tweet out posted how was that was.
Speaker 3: From twenty twenty?
Speaker 1: Wow, it's a resurface.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, knowing that we that we could use a receiver you Lamar Jackson the trio the Yeah, the tweet that has resurfaced from twenty twenty. How many touchdowns between lamars? How would you feel about that trio being in Tennessee?
Speaker 8: I saw no where they were saying that the Cardinals are looking to we're looking to trade hop Who who wouldn't want to play with hop He's a Hall of Fame wide receiver, right and the same thing with Lamar Jackson. But I don't think it's going to happen, you know, I don't think there's definitely not not gonna let Lamar go.
Speaker 6: He's not going anywhere.
Speaker 8: And then DeAndre Hopkins is It depends on what makes sense for your team and what they want to as far as the cat space and if they have a cat space for him, so he's a great receiver. You know, I love to play with you know, DeAndre Hopkins. I mean i'd be it' surreal. You know he's a dog. But I mean it depends on what what makes sense, which, like I said, that's about my prayer grade.
Speaker 6: I don't I don't know, but.
Speaker 1: You gotta got like DeAndre Hopkins on the outside and you can't stack the box like that. Yeah, people help everybody, for sure, for everybody.
Speaker 2: Another question like, what was it like on game day watching a J Brown do a J Brown against Tennessee uniform?
Speaker 8: I man, I expect anything less. I know Ajn go off because I've seen it here. So Ajna gonna do what he do.
Speaker 6: He's a dog.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: When they when they had the penalty and then he did it the second time.
Speaker 1: Yes, you can't do nothing, but just be like man, you ever in the sidelines like damn, yeah he really did it him.
Speaker 8: I know the single receiving record at Philias first year, so you really yet, I.
Speaker 2: Feel like that was just I feel like that was the strong out the camel's back when maybe over fifteen hundred and we don't have to get into all the J Rob stuff, but I feel like that, like objectively me being on the outside four crazy.
Speaker 8: But I always told him, said, man, you get the opportunity, you're gonna go crazy. And you got the opportunity. You see what he did with it. I texted her, I said, I'm proud of you, bro. Just keep going faintish strong, and you're doing you.
Speaker 1: Bro. You got the times a rout of the playoffs. Who do you think you're gonna see in the super Bowl? It's Philly in the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I think it's the Niners. I think it's Buffalo nine stuff. But you just you never know.
Speaker 1: You're really staying away from Kansas City still, Huh, I think Buffalo.
Speaker 8: I think you can go either way. It could be Kansas City or could be Buffalo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not going to root for Kansas City if they play against Buffalo.
Speaker 1: Really, if they play for anybody against anybody. Why do you hate Kansas City so much? I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't hate Kansas City so much. I know I kind of reacted right there. I don't hate Kansas City so much want to get beat up again. It's just I'm not going to like root for them, you know what I mean? Yeah, you like being like playing for the Raiders, like that's their biggest rival.
Speaker 8: I mean, you just I don't know, you just I mean you really never know because since he's since he's good too.
Speaker 1: Now again again talking about two teams.
Speaker 2: But I would always argue against my mom to my mom love Kansas City, and I always be like I was pro Dallas, but I would just argue my mom that she was dumb rooting for Kansas City. They were always gonna let her down. They've obviously done well recently, but recently that's I feel like that's like a subconscious like something under why I always just root against Do you think do you.
Speaker 8: Think it's tough to like choose who's gonna be there at the end this year?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's gonna be a good playofficture, it's definitely. I feel like Kansas City is definitely like the Georgia Bulldogs of like the a f C. Right now, like they're on top, but I think like.
Speaker 2: Who's the Alabama of the Probably the Jags. Yeah, that's a good sal Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: They'd be like right, yeah, like Bailey got in, Yeah.
Speaker 2: They were outside looking in, they were outside the conversation looking in trying to get in.
Speaker 8: Yeah, last week it came down a lot and then came a lot of Jackson playing really good ball, dangerous for the B three and seven, and then come back and play the way they have.
Speaker 6: They've been hats something and they played they played well.
Speaker 1: You guys in nineteen.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean they played well, they played hard, they played well on defense, they go full full tilt offenses, playing well. It's got some free agents guys who you know, lived up to you know what they signed for. And they've been playing well. Trevor Lawrence is a young gun. So we're doing They've been good. They've been doing a good job. So hats off to them. I ain't never hate knowing nobody. I mean just their year. They have been playing well.
Speaker 2: You've voted them historically though that's passed some good games.
Speaker 1: We will say that. You your talk, Yeah to your talk.
Speaker 6: Here's talk.
Speaker 1: It's going to be centered around Jesus is busy.
Speaker 8: You're really not, uh but but but you're talking about but this this is gonna get bown off proportion. Go ahead, but it is what it is. Yeah, but you talk about you might have three more weeks. I mean, I mean they might might want to give me out of here. You mean, you just you just never know. I mean, anything can happen. I mean, I'm twenty nine up in age. You know what happened with you know, this year, and they might be they might want to go young.
Speaker 6: You just never know.
Speaker 1: They might Yeah, I would be, I would be.
Speaker 6: I want to leave.
Speaker 8: I love tennesseee and uh I hope to be here the rest of my career. I want to bring super Bowl here. But it just it's reality.
Speaker 6: The thing.
Speaker 1: It's just the business side of it, you know. You just yeah, you just never know.
Speaker 8: You're my age, being twenty nine and leaving and running back, I considered that's old.
Speaker 1: So you know you're you're legit beating running back stereotypes right now. You're the only back I don't think so, because I feel like a Frank Gore did that for sen years.
Speaker 8: Yeah you're talking this Alan played sixteen years. Adrian Peterson been playing for for a long.
Speaker 1: Time, trying to be in the NFL, right, Adrian Peterson.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think so, yeah, yeah, yeah he is so. I mean those guys are are definitely the standard. It's not like I'm gonna go out there and like chase him like, oh I gotta play that long? No No, But like I said, whenever it's my time to be done. I mean, I'm sure like a science project for everybody in the media. You're like, yo, the two thousand yards year in and year out, Like when's it gonna stop? When's it gonna slow down? Like, hell, okay, he's gonna slow down. He works out way too hard. We all see this stuff on Instagram. He works out way too hard. He gets he gets jacked.
Speaker 7: How long?
Speaker 2: How long can he keep this up? And then you prove it again, You prove it again, you prove it here obviously.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When he's like, you're beating the stereotype, I think ultimately the universal stereotype is like, how you haven't really seen anybody do what you've done for this period of time.
Speaker 1: If you look at statistically backs that have unegotiate a contract with the same team, you're the only back in recent years that numbers have gotten better after getting an extension along a long term extension, And that has nothing to do with those backs and how much they care about football. Let's just say everybody equally cares about football the same everybody equally works just as hard. The running backs are fucked to some extent because everyone says running backs only have so many years, and you truly are like he's saying science ports, You truly are one of those individuals like, hey, you're like in tom Brady, You're about have been tom Brady, You're soon for a running back where it's like, dude, he's just still balling, he is still just doing his thing. People count them out. People could be like if you turn a game and you watched Denver this year when he's forty yards and you would say, oh, man, Derek, Derek's he's lost a step, he's whatever, and you're not not not looking at injury as the king ended, and then you look at the end of the seven, it's like sixteen, you was at sixty.
Speaker 8: No, I mean that's that's valid, you know, especially like with my injury and you know, me being up in age. Those questions come, Yeah, everybody always come because I mean, you know, running backs there they're spanding NFL.
Speaker 6: It's not long.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: I know people probably brought us out the portion about about what I.
Speaker 8: Said, but I'm just being real, you know, with you know, with the history, you know, wruner Vegas, twenty twenty nine. Thirty is just you know, thirty. You try to get him out of there or think he's going downhill.
Speaker 1: Chris Johnson, Chris Johnson was doing well and they're like, we want to go young. When he was in the podcast, is what he said.
Speaker 8: And then like you said, you know, you know, offic has been sitting around me a long time, and sometimes people won't see something different. Maybe people tired of seeing me if you've been sitting around me. So I mean, I'm just just being real. I'm not saying I want to be trading anything like that, but I'm just saying, like you just never know. You just never know anything.
Speaker 1: You don't ever know. It's like es, that's what the new GM. He might be like, Man, we get get this Henry boy out of here.
Speaker 6: Man we got to.
Speaker 1: Imagine. Imagine, imagine Derek Henry in a different uniform than the Titans. Blasphemous, that would be blaspheming. It'd be weird for Yeah, you and Jack right, two longtime Titan fans. Literally, Derek gave you something to like believe in again.
Speaker 6: I love Nashville. I mean it's been been home for me.
Speaker 1: Plus Bama, my little girls and growing up here.
Speaker 8: So I mean Nashville is is home for me. I love playing for the Titans. I love the whole organization. I love everybody in the organization. And you know, I love all my teammates I played with now and in the past. At the end of the day, I mean, it's the NFL. It's not for long, right, and it's on the situation that could change.
Speaker 6: That's how we go.
Speaker 2: The owner or a new gym could look at like, oh, we're happy he just got sixteen hundred yards. Maybe that's that's we can see that as him being at the top and use that like, while we have him here right now, we could trade him off for some draft capital or for another a younger.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But if I'm Derek and if you're gonna trade me, I'm all right, pay me, then pay me more money right now than what do you mean? If I'm Derek and I'm speaking for Derek, I'm not there does not have to speak on this. If you're gonna trade me to let's just say a random team, your favorite team, Kansas City Chiefs, Right, I'm saying, all right, if you guys want to trade for me, then you need to pay me this amount of money and then then if I say no, then the place just go through and Derek plays with Titans, or he doesn't play, or he does whatever he wants.
Speaker 11: I'm saying if because the player have that ability to just at the same time, you know, I know't I didn't take care of the ball well this year, which you know, I know Mars will help hold myself accountable for you know, my fumbles or our turnovers and anything like that.
Speaker 6: I need to get better at. That's one thing about this game. You think you'll arrive.
Speaker 8: I saying I have, but I'm saying it always you know, humble you and show you that it's always room for improvement.
Speaker 6: And that's what I always want to focus on is improvement.
Speaker 8: I need to prove on taking the care of taking care of the ball better, which I put us a harm way, put us the harmless way a lot this year and kind of makes me feel like, uh B, I t h because I, you know, humble so much this year. But something I need to do better at and I will definitely focus on this year in the all season of taking care of the ball and practicing that a whole lot.
Speaker 1: Is that something you look back on this past season.
Speaker 8: You're like him, Yeah, I just this next me every time, you know, I think about it and I wish I could have done better. But the same time stuff like that happens, you need to improve. That's one thing I definitely want to improve on.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, I definitely want to learn more about that little player thing that you were just talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah. See he say play pay me more or I won't go. I believe players can say I will not accept that trade or or like Gronk did when here's the page, I think I'm retiring, I'm retiring.
Speaker 6: Or something, and it won't get past me.
Speaker 1: You don't.
Speaker 2: If you if you have a trade clause in your contract, then I think you could say you kind of get to choose where you go.
Speaker 1: But if you don't have trade clause, you don't have they can ship you wherever they want. Hey, no, you can't do that. You gotta pay me more. No, we don't see you.
Speaker 8: If you I think you don't have a trade clause, they can ship you, can trade you wherever they want to trade you.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: And all I was all I was speaking to is when you just have the perspective of you know, when you're telling Taylor, like you say, three weeks, bro, you never know, He's like they get rid of me?
Speaker 8: Will you could look in Well, I'm terribly sorry and I should have said something before. If you've had this booger in your nose this whole podcast. Yeah, it's been sitting there, but ain't none of you gonna say nothing? Where's it at?
Speaker 1: You got it?
Speaker 6: It's going now.
Speaker 1: But do you think it was visible on the Do you think it was? It's probably not was hanging though, it was hanging out right there, hanging gripping. What what were you saying about? Saying like I still have to refocus.
Speaker 2: On talking about the the method of somebody could be like, Okay, it's good that he went for sixteen hundred, Like maybe we think he won't be the same player going in the next year. Yeah, I mean that's that's real. Like that that's real armchair gym. I'm not saying he's not. It's just like, oh damn, maybe we could have we could head your bet now out. It's good that he performed that. Well, we don't think he's going to next year. This is our time to trade him because he will be at his highest trade value right now with sixteen hundred yards two thousand yards this that the other.
Speaker 1: He proves he's healthy now for a season.
Speaker 2: That's just that's speaking to the perspective of you ultimately never know in the business of like.
Speaker 8: You know, the NFL, I mean you don't know. I mean, do we think aj is gonna get traded? No, No, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You just don't. You never know.
Speaker 8: And that's just the reality of it. I mean, it's a business, yeah, and Sansy Titans is a business. It's not Derrick Herry stays here forever or any other place forever. It's a business. They gonna look out for what's best for the organization and the business before anything.
Speaker 6: No, nobody's bigger than you know, the organization. So that's just real.
Speaker 1: That's just real.
Speaker 8: I mean, I mean, I know, you're you're right real, you're right, You're that is you won't good thanks last forever. But something in the NFL, it really really doesn't. The one person who really has the last ever for Tom Brady, and he could. He did what he wants for a long time.
Speaker 1: So he's done this a three undred million dollar concient you know what I'm.
Speaker 8: Saying it's worked out for him very well as long as he's wanted to play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder what's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: This was your reaction, Like, I'm sure the same as everybody's with a boring ask question. I was gonna say, what was your reaction on draft now when you saw AJ got traded?
Speaker 8: I was, I was mad, and I'm just like, what's going on? We couldn't get it worked out? We trading? I thought my little brother. I mean, we was a tandem. You know.
Speaker 6: I was just like, man, I was hot.
Speaker 1: I tosked him on the phone because I was just like, man, I ain't.
Speaker 8: Because nobody expected that he was, like what a J approven receiver.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: I mean I was kind of I was. I was shocked.
Speaker 8: I was.
Speaker 1: I was hurt. Yes, it's my dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that situation being closer to me, you're like, low key, Why any of you guys any side keep me in the loop on this because I could have been a tool to keep AJ here.
Speaker 1: No, because I ain't think it's gonna happen. I was. I was waiting for it to come out. A J.
Speaker 6: Brown signed a one hundred million dollars with the Titans.
Speaker 1: I was waiting on that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was literally I think I'm I was walking in the room and it said a J. Brown trade to the Eagles. I was like what, Yeah, I was like, oh, that was wild. I was watching the right away.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: But I will say the guys who player receiver this year, they did, you know, a great job.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 8: It was tough, especially being you know, first year with Rob and trailing being a rookie, and then Nick, you know, he's been here going on year three. He's been solid for us, and they did the best job they could man and tried to try to fill in and make place for us.
Speaker 6: It ain't always easy. It's never gonna go the way we wanted to go.
Speaker 8: And you know, hats off of them, you know, because trying to play somebody like a j who just broke the singles single season record for the Eagles and been going crazy, it's hard to try to replace somebody like that and living in that shadow. That's tough for anybody. But I feel like they tried to do the best out they could.
Speaker 1: So that was wild. It was tough.
Speaker 8: It was I mean it was tough, and man, playing with three different quarterbacks I'm trying to build a chim Street and everybody that's tough, that's tough, I like you.
Speaker 1: Say, mindful of everybody who could be involved in a situation.
Speaker 2: I mean, like you, you go back to make it a point to talk about the guys who came in when I wouldn't get their best.
Speaker 8: I know, because I don't want to leave, like dang, I'm not that type of teammate to leave anybody, anybody hanging. It's hard in this league, you know, and you know, anything can happen, and you know, injuries happen, and guys gotta step up, and guys gotta make plays. And you know a j was a big time player for us, and then you end up in another team and other guys gotta step up.
Speaker 6: And I feel like they tried to do the best that they could.
Speaker 8: And just like you said, just like you pointed out, with the lineman and guys go down, the other guys gotta step up. I never they probably never thought that, like man, they'd be starting in two or three games, and look, you know that's what it is.
Speaker 1: How about Jordan Rouge and Corey Levin.
Speaker 8: Tough, you know, went out there and laid it all out and then you know, I watching them throughout camping throughout the season at all the confidence, you know, because they love this game and they play harder just like you guys.
Speaker 1: M they seem like they really played well in those last few games. Should we hit the tear top?
Speaker 8: People just people just bash everybody, man, you know, dude, especially when you It's one thing when a player know, you know, he's not playing as well as he you know, should be, or you know, playing to the standard that you know everybody expects somebody to play and players already know that, so you know, and people always speak on like mental health and all this type of stuff, but people don't know that you contribute to that. You know, when when say a player lashes out or something happened, they be like, oh man, mental health is so important. But people don't realize you contribute that when you send a bashing the player when they already know they playing bad and then got to go watch it and then got to get coached by it, and then still trying to mentally be there to get past that game and go to another game and play as well as they can while you know, you know, social media and all this type of stuff. And you know, somebody asked me during the season about social media comment. I was like, man, I'm gonna get into all that because I'm gonna do all that and try to do my job the best.
Speaker 6: Way I can.
Speaker 8: But you know, that's just the way way of the world now. And you know with fantasy football and gods, same play. But I see all the time people like me, I don't care about your pansy football, but it's just what it is. NFL is about money, and you know, we all got a job to do. We all, you know, play this game with a heart out and sometimes they don't go the way that we wanted to, especially each game, because it's tough and you know, you get you get bashed and people get bashed. But in the day, we were human beings, you know what I'm saying. We got feelings too. We you know, we try to do our best and sometimes it don't happen what we wanted to.
Speaker 1: But I just I don't know.
Speaker 8: I just think about players and mental health and all that type of stuff, and you know, sometimes it get tough for for certain people when you don't know them and what they're going through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now I feel you were saying something too.
Speaker 2: You're like you ultimately, you already know when you have a bad game, you're already you're you're.
Speaker 8: Can attest to that when you know you playing bad and you know you got to watch how you play bad and you got.
Speaker 6: To get coach from it, and you are already you know in your head like, man, I got to play better.
Speaker 8: Trying to move on from that because it's a new week, but you still like, dang, you know you still got that hanging on your.
Speaker 2: Critic, your coaches already, players are hearing the same thing. Then uh, you're trying to like get past it that next week. Media is still talking about it. Then people on the internet like it's just multiple ways. When you're also trying to be like mentally tough and persevere through some adversity.
Speaker 1: It's like people don't understand that.
Speaker 8: They I think people do understand because it's what we signed up for. By the end of the day. Man, it's a lot of mental stuff that you like, like we'll always say the game is ten percent physical, non decent mental timpercent physical because I mean physical part, we got it.
Speaker 6: That's why we hear.
Speaker 8: That's what you're like, But mentally you got to be locked in to be able to sustain and play this game for as long as you have longer to seasons.
Speaker 1: Are and play it at a high level over and over again.
Speaker 8: And I think that, you know, anytime I see people, you know, bashing players and saying they playing bad, especially with this fantish football stuff, I mean, thanks, football is it's great, It's entertaining. At the end of the day. You know, we were human. You know we love this game. We're not trying to play bad on purpose. Sometimes you don't have good games. We love to go for a hundred yards and go crazy every game. Yeah, but it's reality of it. It don't happen that way all the time, you know what I'm saying. And I just think that, you know, when people bashed people playing bad, they already know that you don't have to.
Speaker 6: But that's just the way of the world now.
Speaker 1: It's both ways too, Like everybody wants to have one hundred yards, But then when you have games like you've had in the past, if Derek Henry just gets a hundred yards, like, why is there going to getting a hundred yards? I need to see what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: Points for me with understand it's like be mindful of like you know these these players, man, because a lot of players walking around, say, a lot of players can't can't take that type of stuff, Like with somebody who on the internet wants somebody to come to their job and just critique them about everything they do, or you gonna do this right and you will how you're gonna tell me how to do my job exactly, That's what that's that's how we feel.
Speaker 1: We got a chance to put your job. The thing is what our job is on TV.
Speaker 8: And everybody has an opinion on it, you know what I'm saying, So they get to say what they want to say. But if it was a regular day job and we got to all the prop players go to a random person job and critique them on everything, you know what I'm saying, fall apart entertaining though it's.
Speaker 1: Not, it's entertaining. I think that what separates an individual from a good do a great player is being able to mentally handle those types of situations because you have a bad game, You're right if like, if I have a bad game, I not only have to have the bad game, I have to go home, I have to watch the film on that bad game because you obsessed over it. You're like, damn, how could I what could I have done better? And you watch every little thing and then you do two things. You say, man, I really got fucked up in this situation or I really messed up. And then you start playing your own ego kicks in where you're like, well, it wasn't that bad. All I have to do is change X, Y and Z and I'm straight and I'll fix that next time. Then you will go to doesn't go too hard, and then you go to sleep. You wake up anxiety because you know you hit that team meeting. You know how verable can get in team meetings. You go to the office Lineman meeting Keith Carter. You know how Keith Carter was in those meetings I told you about those, like he will just go off on dudes. You're hearing over and over and over again. And then as soon as that Monday hits, like can now take a take a Tuesday, make sure you're recovered, and get ready to work Wednesday for the next game. And the ability to take all that anxiety and stress and feeling like a failure and having imposter syndrome and then turning around to Wednesday and being able to now work Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and go play another game and then have a good game. That's what separates players from being good to great because people have talent. Everybody has talent, even dudes that you like on the third string at certain times, they have talent. It's just about when you mess up, how quickly can you get over that. Sometimes it's one play, like I have to give over this. In one play, I give up a sack. I have to move on right now. If you get if you make a bad cut, and you know you made a bad cut, it's like I have to move on from that right now.
Speaker 8: But not just I mean football players and everything when we go through a lot too, But everybody in life you go through a lot. So I'm just not trying to, you know, trying to separate football players from anybody else in the world. I mean, everybody go through everything. But I feel like, man, just hold your head, keep faith and just keep working and trust and believe in what you do and how you work, and everything will work out the way you wanted to, especially you know, playing football. You know, like I said earlier this year, to like some of my team teammates. As you know, as a little kid, if God told you how to do this and this to get to the NFL, you would do it, no question, to make it to your dream. And then I think sometimes when we get to the NFL, you kind of forget about that kid that would do anything playing on rec league field or in your parents or grandparents' front yard, of you know, making the NFL and being in a big star one day, whether you are a star or if you made it, you accomplished something. You know what I'm saying, So being grateful for what this game has done and what God has done in your life and all the people that help you get to this point in life. Because some people who got a lot worse, some people who still working their way to do accomplish something in life. But you on the NFL team and you made it, and even if you didn't make it long, but you you got to where you always wanted to be as a kid, and and you you know, you you accomplished something in life.
Speaker 6: And I think sometimes we forget that.
Speaker 8: And I want one thing I always try to remind myself it could always be worse, because even if I have a bad game or if I do something, I just harpoint it really bad. Like I said, like you say, like everybody's their own worst critic, and I'm definitely mine, and I I beat myself up a lot. But as at some point, you just gotta realized, Man, I'm blessed to be where I'm at and to have these problems because you know, you know, it's it's it's never easy, and it's it's hard to play in this league. But end of the day, I'm always gonna be grateful, grateful for the season, even though we didn't go the way we wanted it to and any way we wanted it to. But at the end of the day, you know, I got to grow and I got to see a lot that I need to get get better at. It help me, you know, become better teammate. And each each year you learn something. I feel like you learned something this year about yourself and what you want to do. And each year I feel like we all we all learned something. And that's the thing about God, He'll show you what you know.
Speaker 1: The beautiful thing about you seeing on this podcast and saying that is people are going to be able to hear that, and people are gonna be able to see that, Like here's people look at fifty one or seventy seven or twenty two and they see us on TV and it's polarizing to them. For you to be able to serve on a microphone and explain what people go through on a day to day basis and how everyone has issues, that's going to resonate with a lot of people.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I just want to be read because it's been in my heart for a long time and I just want to speak on that because I see guys in the league, and I see guys all over that you know, I know they work hard, and I know they try to do everything they can.
Speaker 1: Just happening them for them right now. But you know, you look at guys that struggle but now have.
Speaker 8: Came, you know, who've gotten over, you know, the thedversity hump and it's not falling, And try to tell guys to stay with it, trusting your work, trusting you know everything that you do and everything that happen the way the way the way you want it to. And people always have something to say. Everybody has their own their own opinion. As long as you lock in and focus in have tunnel vision of what you want to do and what you want to be, and it happened for you, you know, and you know, it's it's hard to avoid what people say being on the internet, be on social media, because I mean it's it's everywhere nowadays. But I feel like, you know, as long as you stay locked them mentally and everything go work out the way you want to.
Speaker 6: And it's it's tough sometimes because.
Speaker 8: It can't get in your head and it can't make you feel some type of way and you start to believe those things, you know sometimes but sometimes you gotta you know, distract yourself of extra and and just focus on your craft and what you need to do. And sometimes, like you did, you got off social media because it because sometimes people it can you know, come control, can be controlling and and and and let it control you.
Speaker 1: And you know, social media can be it can be toxic.
Speaker 8: I mean, it is toxic at at times, and a lot of people get caught up in that and you just don't want it to you know, take over who you are as a person, don't lose yourself as a person, and just remember you know what got you where you are, and you know, that's just the way of the world. Now, But I just wanted to let everybody know in the world and the football world, hold your head. You know, it ain't as rough as you think it is. It can always be worse, man, and just keep doing what you do, stay locked in, just keep working, man. No matter what nobody say, somebody's always gonna have something to say. They ain't saying that you ain't doing nothing.
Speaker 1: Is there anything you'd want to say to the fantasy owners that you let down there? Sure?
Speaker 8: Oh, I am to be sorry, man. Hopefully I can be able to showcase a little a little bit better and I'll give you some more fantasy points. But I think you know, every player in the league, we just try to go out there in ball. Sometimes they don't go the way we wanted to. I don't mean we like your fantasy team the one there's one thing it wasn't day.
Speaker 2: It's like death taxes and a football player being like, I don't give a fuck about your fantasy team.
Speaker 1: That's every year, you know what I mean?
Speaker 8: Young people can talk crazy to you now about you know, people get caught up in that.
Speaker 1: Crazy story when he comes on again. I would I'm not sure everybody has crazy stories.
Speaker 8: People start crazy to me about being football, especially when people talking to deans about fantasy football.
Speaker 6: But I just ignore it.
Speaker 8: But they can get it, can get crazy sometimes fantasy give it that fantasy football stuff.
Speaker 6: But at the end of the day, man, we just try to go ball and the best we can.
Speaker 8: And if you're a fantasy balling you ball out this year or you've been doing it at a yearly basis, keep doing your thing.
Speaker 1: But as a GM, I'm a winner this year. I took the gold. Take a lot of pride. They do. Take a lot of pride.
Speaker 6: Take a lot of pride football for real.
Speaker 1: Should we hit tier talk before we let the king leave? I'm talking you need it. It's five o'clock. We're talking for a minute, I know, for a while talk. Derrick Henry stiff arms.
Speaker 6: No, we don't do this.
Speaker 1: Why not? You got a lot? I got it our tier talk Tier talk. It would be like your best step farm, your second best step farm, your third best most iconic stiff farms. Well, can do a different one if you want a different one, he stiff arms, all right, all right, I got it.
Speaker 2: Before we do tier talk, can we at least get a top three like Derreck Henry stiff farms I wanted to do.
Speaker 1: I have my three? What's your three?
Speaker 2: Y'all can do it, but I'll just I'll just you don't have your favorite stiff arms? Did you look back on this? Well, look back on farms like what are your favorites? Who's the highest priced one?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 8: I didn't never really put them out though, I never really because that market kind of Oh yeah, yeah, but you don't.
Speaker 1: You don't like look back and be like, I got a top you know, stiff farm catalog.
Speaker 8: I think when I'm done, I will because I feel like I still got some more in me as I'm still playing. But right or no, no, no, no, no, no disrespect, but no, I'm just waiting to see what I'm done.
Speaker 1: To reflect on it. Yeah, how would this? We'll say our top three stiff arms and you use one word to describe how you feel about our top three mm hmmm. Only to say one word how you feel about Will and I stiff arm tears.
Speaker 8: Were No, no, because I ain't trying to It's one word. I ain't trying to embarrass nobody. Man, It's been enough. It's been enough, you know, even talk about it enough?
Speaker 1: No, bro, bro, I talk here talk Michigan, Michigan State.
Speaker 2: You'd probably go man polarizing. It would probably be the Josh Norman one. And the third one is either personally uh seeing it on TV because I got to see it, the Josh Normal one that was fun. Guy came up off the bench. Holy fuck boys, we gotta go see what it just happened. But objectively watching the Earl Thomas one, and I say that too, like I would say this was Josh ash is a boy before we were teammates.
Speaker 1: That's what That's unfortunate. It could have happened to me.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that didn't But uh, either Earl Thomas or honestly, Bro the one you had last week when you got old boy on the on the sideline and you kind of like, you know, yay, come on now you don't have to flex, but you kind of stood up over for a second. I just dropped you where you don't have to say nothing.
Speaker 1: Don't say. But those are probably my tops? Do you have any I don't know if the King wanted this to happen, so I'm kind of ahead.
Speaker 6: He's already done that.
Speaker 1: My top three, my number three stiff arm by Derrick Henry would go in the National Championship game against Michigan State, which you did to Sheli Calhoun. Playoff game, playoff game, Sorry, the playoff game. I apologize, sir. You picked up that Tutor Stetard pound man. Not only did you stiff arm him, you spun him in a way that blended, like ninety degree angle blended him and he fell to the ground. It was iconic and it was Michigan State, which was nice for me. Jack Coughlin was part of that team. Number two Earl Thomas because Earl was talking all that ship the week before. I like Earl. I've never met Earl, but I like Earl quite a bit. Drop the arm, got chop the arm. That's all you do. We're gonna stand up to him. Shut up do And he basically basically turned him into a blocker for you and my number one step arm. Number one stiff from play is against the Jacksonville Jaguars ninety nine yards, not one, not two, not three, but possibly four stiff arms for a nine nine yard touchdown. That ship was so hyped too, because we literally called it before called that touchdown. Ye go back to the main topic of this. Have you changed burger when he's burger.
Speaker 8: But I said, you had gave me a burger, and I said, when he's burger is way better than that burger. And then we went on to other burgers. But I don't know how it stuck that when he's had the best.
Speaker 12: Burger when he's over five guys, who money to go to five guys and eat when he's over five guys, that's what you think when he's with five guys, I'm gonna say.
Speaker 1: When he's on five guys, you know, bro, come on, no, no, no, oh, yeah, I know my back. You're looking at you because your back, you bro. Everybody know that's horrible. Now listen, Wendy's is a good burger. I got a little thing.
Speaker 8: Please please start with the Windys. I never said, why was the best burger? Whinny's on five guys and he's like, whoa keep bringing burger?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, we can stop right now. What's the best burger? You were in the locker room arguing about Wendy's. I do want that to be said that point. That's why I went to.
Speaker 8: Windy after practice. Yeah, I know, because I thought you had mentioned somebody. I said, Whinnys burger is better than that burger for sure, And you was like, no, bro, And I said, Bro, I'm telling you Whinny's burger is better than that one. I forgot which which one you mentioned? I forgot which which burg was five guys? No, I don't think it was five guy, it was something else.
Speaker 1: What's the best burgers?
Speaker 2: If I said d Q, I'm definitely just trying to get in the mix, and just yeah, you definitely will be in the locker room.
Speaker 1: Everybody was kind of just arguing the best burger.
Speaker 6: Oh, that's that's tough.
Speaker 1: And out.
Speaker 8: It's no, no, somebody lives in frainwashed It's it's good, but it's not like the best the best burger. The fries are not it.
Speaker 1: When I'm talking about the burger.
Speaker 8: I'm saying, overall the burger burger is pretty good, but it's not one of the best.
Speaker 1: Now, okay, so can you give me your list top five? I think my mind have changed. Actually, okay, come on. Number one would be in and out. Number two's crazy. I'm like, it is Carl's Junior.
Speaker 6: I never had that burger before.
Speaker 1: And number three, if we're keeping fast casual in it, which I think there's an argument both ways fast casual meaning there's no fast like there's no drive through because it is. I would I would probably throw Shakeshack in there, Shakeshack. Being in Nashville. It's like my three favorite burgers. I heard you, baby said, I've never had you babies, bro it was my three favorite burgers.
Speaker 7: Whoa, whoa whoa going on? Whoa whoa Hey yo yo yo yo yo Jack Brown's Browns.
Speaker 1: But you're going to You're going to get it. Yes.
Speaker 8: The only thing wrong with Jack Brown's they don't have like like they don't have like lettuce tomato.
Speaker 6: It's just burger and.
Speaker 8: Cheese or it's like a little bit of so they don't have like lettuce tomatoes, let tomato.
Speaker 1: Butter.
Speaker 8: I just like the regular broker, the regular double cheese broker, they had lettuce tomato, would be it will be top Yeah, wag your favorite burgers. Let's see, not not the top five, but I like I like shake Shack, Water Burger.
Speaker 1: We're doing two tear talks.
Speaker 6: No no, no, no, I like water Burger. I'm trying to think, no.
Speaker 1: No, no, don't interrupt me. I just like just overrating.
Speaker 8: It's saying like fast food spots. We're talking about fast food spots. Yeah, make shack water Burger.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, Bro, how are you arguing Wendy's and Wendy's in in your list? That's why when it's kind of when it's kind of fell off.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now I am trying to figure out what happened in that locker room to make you Windy's fell Offny's.
Speaker 1: Bro, I did not why you He's gonna die on that hill. And I did not crown Wendy's.
Speaker 8: You made a whole Wendy Sweet video about going to Wendy's and the drive through and everything.
Speaker 1: It's funny. Maynate's on the side of his lip, what a fresh coat.
Speaker 8: I'm not gonna lie. This coke is really helping his burger right now. I remember con doctor Pepper want to go?
Speaker 2: You know, I can't something about like drink sot on, watch my diet or something. Yeah, it's like continued in hell.
Speaker 1: That's so funny. I was like, you think you have the five guys? Five guys is good guys. It's just a lot of grease. He can't handle the responsibility of podcasts. A lot of grease, A lot of grease. Like you might pay for it.
Speaker 8: You know what I mean, you do pay for it for it, but it is a good ride. Hold on, I'm gonna ask all this and and I'm done. Jaxby's or Raising Kanes Canes?
Speaker 1: Whoa whoa Canes? No question over what beat his ass? Hey we're thinking about?
Speaker 8: Tell me what makes what makes Zaxby's better than Raisin Kane?
Speaker 1: The menu? Raising Kay's menu is just.
Speaker 2: I will say, Derek, you are elite with your facial reactions.
Speaker 1: That's how you got everybody stirred up in the lot.
Speaker 2: That's anytimes my sister in the locker room, Derek, that reaction right there, he just got the the most.
Speaker 1: Especially okay, okay, okay, so they do people get pulled.
Speaker 8: Has a better variety than than the raising Keynes. But as far as the foods, so you sad understand the food better, the menu is better.
Speaker 1: Was like Canes doesn't even have wings. So Zaxby's wings are fresh. They're better than Canes, don't they don't they don't have them doing. Their chicken tenors are better than both the wings. And that's my point, though, chicken.
Speaker 8: Tenders are better than both their wings and chicken tenders whatever whatever they call them.
Speaker 1: Caynes did also kind of copy Zach sauce. Caine Sauce is way better than that cas Zach Zaxby's copy canes. No, Zaxby's was around first. No, it was not around first. Jack Knes was a listen. Cans was made by a guy that went to l s U and he named the dog and they named the thing after his dog. Yeah, it's the class pusher. He had ad on this and that'll never work. And he was like, all right, cool, dropped out of college and made raising canes with the guy who ended up branching off and making Zaxxon.
Speaker 6: Peace.
Speaker 1: Look it up, dude. Really wow, that's whoa whoa. I hope that's right, but I don't know about that.
Speaker 3: That's all right.
Speaker 1: What you said. I was like, oh my god, the other way around you made you made so I'm like, whoa dropping the mic after that one. I think it was wow, wow, oh my everything. I just good. Look at you up there. This is what the internet does. Boys. Don't believe everything you were in the internet labor list copycat chicken.
Speaker 2: Hey remember hey, hey, remember back in the day when we were talking about burgers and I was like, Taylor's a storyteller.
Speaker 1: He's a great storyteller.
Speaker 8: And listen, listen, everybody, we're talking about this story fast food and all this greasy food. But me and Taylor wat pretty pretty healthy. I'm not, but I don't know about Will, but we pretty healthy. No, no, no, I'm just I just wanted to say, guys, I've changed my diet this past year and it's been remarking.
Speaker 1: It helped a lot my first time actually really like.
Speaker 8: Being strict with it and all I drunk all year of a straight water and I'm still doing it.
Speaker 1: Here me during camp, He's like, what do you What do you drink? I was like, I just drink water and he's like, good juice. No, I don't do any juice or nothing like what. Two days later he's like, all I drink is water. He hated it.
Speaker 6: All I drink is water, bro, I don't drinknything else.
Speaker 1: So I come in the locker room.
Speaker 8: I'm like Taylor, so like, you're dyet, what is what does it consists of? And then as far as the season, how long do you do it? And then whenever seasons old with do you give your time to like your time to have a cheap meal or something like that. He's like, Bro, He's like, yeah, at the season, I might have a cheap mill here and there. But like once I get like lock by, can I'm back in. I'm all, you know, I'm eating healthy and everything else. I don't really cheat much, but I do the whole rise of the season. But he said, but during the season around lockdown, I don't really even think I have my meals and just and that.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, I'm like, okay, cool, No, I'm about to get gone. So so when he was talking, I was like, so I'll play.
Speaker 8: So we have so they have like we should do a little mills on line dinner on Thursdays and they're having a fantasy uh draft night, and oh, bro, I walk in. I walk in Saylor's house, you know, go to this little man area's man caves, uh, this chill area.
Speaker 6: Everybody's sitting there.
Speaker 8: I'm like, dang, some smell like fried chicken and something with some hot sauce, barbecue, salt, lemon, pepper, everything going on. Smell going crazy in there. So I'm like, okay, I'm like, tell who is wing spun. He's like, all I got for the boys. See I got for the boys. He's like, already I'm full.
Speaker 1: You know he's lie.
Speaker 8: So we get you know, fifteen twenty minutes in he's I'm like, I'm like, oh man, everybody eating I mean being.
Speaker 1: Killing them, Nate, they killing them and everything. Just breathing, brother, just breathing.
Speaker 8: I'm like, man, I got, I'm Finnah slides. I'm about to slip up. I'mbout to slip on a diet and try on these wings. I guess who's eating wings?
Speaker 1: Missed up. I'm like, Teller, what what? What's what's this? I thought it was all like. Then he's like, he's like, no, I just had I just have one wing, this and that. Then I leave.
Speaker 8: Then I hear it is turning to one, turn to two, turn the three, turn to four.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what A said? I was like, you know, I'm d I'm on my own from now all accounts, no Derek shows up. I'm gonna tell my side. Now Derek shows up. We had the fantasy draft. I get the wings for the boys. Strikeout wings for those of you who haven't had strikeout. Best wings in Nashville, no free shout outs they get. I get all that. I got this for the boys. I made sure to eat before you asked me, are you eating these these wings? I said, no, I'm not gonna eat the wings. I'm gonna I'm hanging out. Are just gonna do the draft and they're gonna go home. Derek, the first pick in the draft happens. It wasn't Derek. Derek gets it all right. I'm a slide that. I was there for a while. I was there for a while the draft. I took Derek that lie. Dere hours go by, the boys are still chilling. I get up and yes, I had two wings. That's it. No, I let you talk. I get back to the locker room and sure enough, the first person I see in there that day is is Derek and he's like, would you eat yesterday? I was like, oh, I had the meal like I said I did. And he's like, you don't have any wings? I was like, no, I didn't have I didn't have any wings. That's where, because that's that's where. Because Ben and Maka so then two wings. So did you have two wings? And I was like, yes, I had two wings, Derek, I had two wings. I'm sorry, and it's I'm by myself. Now, that's it. I thought you were about it, so dull?
Speaker 6: Who saw you believe?
Speaker 8: Because I asked him aout the wings and he told me he didn't, so I had to find out from Ben.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like who exactly? It seems like the story the results all the same, right I had. It seems like when he asked the fire, they were fire, and look, you never fire. You think you only had two? There were two left? Boy, he said, you talk about him, he had more than two. You go to Vegas with the boys?
Speaker 6: Think I'm going to Vegas with the boys.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait. It's gonna be one.
Speaker 6: Leave me, leave me one there, you go, just leave me one.
Speaker 3: That's also one question before we leave.
Speaker 4: If it's not this spring, what about getting with Derek and going to Tuscaloosa for a spring tour.
Speaker 1: Maybe not this spring or next, but some day. Yeah we can do it. Yeah, we definitely can do it.
Speaker 6: I'm down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I haven't been in a while, so I'm definitely going spring.
Speaker 2: Maybe yeah, through me for a little bit. Yeah, I'll definitely. I'm down down boys, he said yes, because he's giving it. This seemed like he was feeling it as much because we did bring up and I don't know. I was like, oh, ship Jacks, he's asking something we've already kind of talked about it.
Speaker 1: But I really but Derek, it seemed like he didn't want to do it because he was like, he said, I haven't been there in a while. I don't know how to be received. And that's just me thinking. That's just me seeing a dude not understanding his legacy, like he's gonna go there.
Speaker 8: People be like it was like still the season I did and I was like, man, I don't know what's gonna happen, but now, yeah, I'm downe.
Speaker 6: I haven't been in a while.
Speaker 8: Let's go boys. This March or April we or will be in tuc would definitely be if like we went during the season it was like a bow week, that would be. It would be crazy if week we said that up. But I'm understanding like during imagine like during the season and I got to go and it was a bow week.
Speaker 6: This man, Hill fundy man.
Speaker 1: Hey for real, appreciate you coming on, man, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 6: I know what it is.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for watching this podcast. So the King Derek Henry, He's been on the podcast several times. Absolute fucking stud Always grateful to the King to bring his presence on the bus. Please subscribe, please rate five stars. Big hugs, tiny kisses, And for those of you wondering, are Budweiser at the end of January, it's gone. It's unfortunate, but they see and eat us. We are done with that unfortunate situation. It was one of my favorites, it was one of our favorites. It's one of the community's Favoriteseller forever, bestseller forever. So if you guys want to get it, you have to get it before January thirty first, because it will no longer be available. It will no longer be available by that shit. So we can have it forever and remember those beautiful memories like the twenty nineteen season with Arthur Smith. Big hugs, tiny kisses,