Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership.
Speaker 1: I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported.
Speaker 2: You will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right. Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland.
Speaker 4: Security, NFTs reported this at the end of the day that ninety five percent of NFTs are currently worthless. Uh stark draw down from the glory days a few years ago, when things were running rampant, and people were buying Board eight yachts for six hundred thousand dollars. So Board eight six hundred thousand. So the NFT market looks like it has I don't want to say collapse, because there are is not dead completely, but definitely.
Speaker 3: Vital size in a danger area.
Speaker 5: Danger area for sure.
Speaker 4: But we also saw the same thing with crypto if you think about it, you know around twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen, when a crypto crashed and probably I don't know the exact percentages per se, but I would say probably around ninety percent of cryptocurrencies we're worthless, right for Crypto still here, Ethereum is still here, XRP still here, bitcoins still here. So it didn't that didn't destroy crypto. We also saw the same thing with the dot com boom. Again I don't know the exact percentages, but a large, a large portion of those companies fell apart and fell off the face of the earth. So okay, So what does it say about the current NFT marketing? Where are we at with NFTs?
Speaker 6: I just put some context behind the numbers.
Speaker 7: So we have out of the seventy three thousand, two hundred and fifty seven NFT collections sixty nine thousand, seven hundred and ninety five have a market cap of zero ether right, so not dead, but doesn't look pretty Of that number, approximately twenty three million investors own these tokens with no practical.
Speaker 6: Use or value. So dead no trouble signs.
Speaker 7: Yes, But I like the comparison that you just said with the cryptocurrency and the dot com. It's about finding which companies over the next five to ten years will be the ones that stay around, which ones have practical use, which have functionality that can sustain over time. And so that looks like what has happened here, But I don't think the technology is that. I think that's the key part that people really need to remember is that, yes, that this case scenario has looked gloomy, but the technology, when it's done right, will be here.
Speaker 6: You can go yeah.
Speaker 8: I know everyone thinks that I'm going to come on and say I told you so, I'm not. When George hit the game winner in Game six over the Jazz, he just shot the ball, let it go in and went back down court, I'll say there's too many people copy board API club and crypto punks as a grift. I know that's a favorite term going around on the internet. Number two, I agree that most spaces, when they're not valuable, will draw down ninety to ninety five percent. And my main thing that I was saying regarding NFTs is that most of them have no value. The underlying technology is amazing. But thirdly, even though some may not want me to say this, a lot of the banks and major institutions were complicit and maybe having this market draw down so that they can come in and then put their projects on certain platforms and allow them to do incredibly well.
Speaker 3: But the bigger point is, like most companies that.
Speaker 8: Have no use cases, that have no real world resolution, don't solve a real problem, does not speed up revenue top line revenue, bottom line revenue, does not give you high in that margin, does not make the lives better for those in Asia, United States, Mexico are going to fail anyway.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about IPOs later, but I.
Speaker 8: Think the bigger macro picture that we're looking at is that when you launch a project or a company at the tail end of a financial boom, which was quantitative easing from the time Obama got an office until twenty twenty one, when they started to tell you that they were going to tighten. You have to know what cycle we're in. A lot of companies did incredibly well just by being in the middle of the twenty ten, twenty fifteen, twenty sixteen rain and had six or seven years to run free. But most of these projects when they were launched were worthless, if you will. But that's the one thing about the efficient market hypothesis. The companies that are good and projects that are good will stay afloat. The ones that are not will die. And I was talking to a brother at Revolt the same day when that news was announced. That was an NFT that came out, that went out, shot out ninety five percent, and has held some value since then. So I think we're just seeing a mass exodus or a mass correction in the projects and or companies that are not doing well. For anyone who thinks that I'm caping, no I'm not. But there's just not a reason for.
Speaker 3: Me to beat a dead horse.
Speaker 8: I may give them a sledgehimmer out at the back half of the show caping.
Speaker 6: Okay, we're going wrong with that on a cap got you? Got you? Yeah? I mean it's interesting.
Speaker 7: The other part of it was people started looking at the environmental impact of having NFTs, which is something you never hear about when people are making money, and so you hear about the carbon admission that goes into minting and if you have more products being minted, the energy that it takes, so that becomes an issue.
Speaker 6: And then again it the average price.
Speaker 7: And we can't say dead right because the average price of the board got apes are now forty thousand. It's so far a cry from the six hundred and the five hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: But they're still there now.
Speaker 7: The things right, they're still there though like a forty thousand dollars value, it's still it's not worthless. But the thing that they have, I guess to their advantage is that the technology, like I said, I don't think goes away, and so they can turn it into something that can become incentivized or it can become something where we're having it outing. And if you have it like that, they still have that technology. It's just about is that now worth the course of analysis that you paid? Probably not for.
Speaker 8: Everyone in the crypto space. I know you're going to say, I'm not a crypto expert. That's fine, but when we talk investing, I said, the master investor out that master investor stocks. I'm going to tell you something that I think would help a lot is to not tell what you plan to do. I can't prove it, but anyone that I talk to in the music industry has not said that I'm wrong. As soon as they started saying that they're going to put an artists on these platforms to give royalties to some of the biggest artists, you don't think Universal Sony got on the line that labeled bad Bunny assigned to and said, hey, let's find a way to kill this market. As soon as that became the narrative. And I love the royalty model, I love the fan payment model. I love that everything can be tracked on a blockchain. But when you start to become a threat to one of the biggest industries and exports of our country, you're going to have some pushback. We taught inrypto in general. As soon as crypto was saying that we're going to take over at banking, everybody in banking got together and own majority of crypto. Even though Chebank they are offering bitcoin and crypto custody services They currently manage one point three four trillion dollars they expect over the next ten years to get up to two trillion.
Speaker 7: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the P and C Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 6: Earners. What's Up?
Speaker 7: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backs slash, go backslash euyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership.
Speaker 1: I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported.
Speaker 2: You will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed.
Speaker 2: To return legally. Do what's right. Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump America's laws, border and families.
Speaker 3: Will be protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security if they add bitcoin and cryptocurrencies to their offerings. So I love the model as it strike ends with the writers.
Speaker 8: That's great, But I think these projects have to be a lot more quiet and not tell what they ultimately plan to do. Otherwise the industry is going to attack you.
Speaker 3: Am I keeping the coining, I'm doing good.
Speaker 6: Great.
Speaker 4: I think I think the technology is more so suited for real life use case. You know, having authentic authentication of products. That's still something that makes a lot of sense, whether it's with sneakers, whether it were painting, that's that's a that's a real world problem that has still has a bulletproof solution has still not been done. So in the art world, this billion dollars of things every single year, as far as fake painting and people that forge signatures of other artists, different things in that age. Is so n f ts make a lot of sense because if you have an NFT attached to a painting, then it's a one of one and you can verify that it's real. Same thing with sneakers, the same thing with any type of collectibles, autographs, whatever. So as far as you always have to be larry when things are solving problems that are not needed.
Speaker 8: So said it again, because I think most people gonna skip over, and that's really important.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's just business in general.
Speaker 4: You always want to be leary of you want to invest in, you want to you want to fully support things that solve problems. Yeah, like what I just explained, you want to be leary of investing or supporting things that solve problems that are not really problem, they're not really needed to solve. Meaning so instead of you know, looking at it from the aspect of this n f T is gonna you know, verify that this painter actually painted it, you just want to have an n f T to show on your TV as as digital art, Like that's cool, but that's not really something that is paramount to the survival of.
Speaker 5: The human species. Or you just want to just have you know, a bunch.
Speaker 3: Of cool.
Speaker 4: Like highlights that like digital highlights of Michael Jordan dunking over like and it's like that that this is cool, but that's not really solving any problem, right, just a monkey that just shows on your phone. It's cool to have, but that's not the utmost importance of solving problems, right. So a lot of people got caught up in the NFT from that aspect of it. They got caught up in the oh, I'm just gonna buy this monkey going up so crazy, and it's like you you lost the actual utility part of it for just the hype part of it. And the hype is always going to come down eventually, but the utilities are going to be there. So it's the same thing with crypto. You know, all of those coins and all those projects that was just have no purpose and just you know, it's just there. They all fell apart, but there's real life application for a lot of these coins, and those are the coins that actually have survived, and those are the coins that probably will survive.
Speaker 5: So yeah, just.
Speaker 4: You know, think about that, and you know, people buying real estate in the metaverse once again, that's so that's another that's solving a problem that's not a problem.
Speaker 5: So you're paying fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: For a house in the metaverse because Snoop Dogg did it, or it's next to Justin Bieber's house. You could rationalize anything in your brain and say, Okay, well this will be the next evolution of real estate, and who knows, potentially it could be too. So yeah, but that's not solving a problem. Buying a building in Cleveland, Ohio next to the Mayo Clinic is solving a problem because there's actually doctors and residents that actually need somewhere to physically live while they're living on Earth, and you can provide them housing. That's that's actually solving a real problem. Buying a ranch in digital world is not necessarily solving a problem right now, So just think about that when you're investing. That's kind of like a litmus test. Is this solving a real problem problem yes? Or is this solving a problem that's not really a problem.
Speaker 3: Let me run us out to you real quick.
Speaker 8: When you talk to Robert Smith Amy episode last week was amazing, DC, Young Flower, Colos, Carlos from eighty five, or Chad when you talk to Trap g Z, Steve Harvey, Tabeti Ladoon when I talk to you that has any of them mentioned NFTs. You don't have to like crypto, but if the big players you know who Mike.
Speaker 3: Novagrats ain't mentioned no fucking NFTs.
Speaker 8: He's in the space, Kathy once you got on stage, didn't mention one thing about NFTs. Now, if I were a creator, I think God rest his soul. People should have got with Virgial early and use that to authenticate some of the pieces. Should have got with other beasts. Probably should have got with Marcomanski or somebody in real estate to do it there. But it has to, like you said, solve a real use case now for my creators out there.
Speaker 3: If you do create a solution, since.
Speaker 8: The market is at a rock bottom, maybe you can provide a solution that will help the real world. So I'm not anti crypto, but just some projects are dumb me my voice, are you dumb? This is the one of them.
Speaker 3: Shot the Pap and whoever else.
Speaker 4: You can't make sense that nonsense. So that's something to always keep in mind. Like you know, you can try to make sense out of nonsense.
Speaker 5: A lot of people will do it.
Speaker 4: You can rationalize anything that you can if you convince yourself, you can really rationalize anything. But ultimately it's still nonsense. So don't get caught up in the hype. Don't try to make sense out of nonsense because trying to rationalize it, eventually you're going to realize that it's really it's just nonsense.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and even though it's an alternative investment, make sure you have your core down long term stocks, insurance, real estate, primary business, before you get to NFTs, the girl who's yum yum, all that, before you get the investment in the only fan girls that you're not talking to, and as the manager, meant sure to have your core for down, especially as interest rates go up. We have a bunch of geopolitical threats. The banking spaces came and took taking over crypto. Like, if you're entrepreneur, please write this down. Your job in any business is to accumulate more secrets than anybody else. If this was going to be the hit that everyone said that it was going to be. You wouldn't yell it out on the internet. You wouldn't do it.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't yell it out on the internet unless you were looking for offset.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be in New York this week. I know you tough all on the issues.
Speaker 8: That's two house arrest the cook up you have, boy, I was talking about considerable drawdow.
Speaker 6: Opportunities. The only ops I know.
Speaker 5: Jesus, Jesus, yes well.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan.
Speaker 2: These are just.
Speaker 1: Some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership. I'm Christine Noman, the.
Speaker 1: United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded. In Over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine. Nearly one thousand dollars a day imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right. Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump America's laws, border and families.
Speaker 2: Will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,