Speaker 1: All right, news round up in Information over Load Hour. Here's a toll free telephone number. It's eight hundred and nine four one sean if you want to be a part of the program. So, really the countries on pins and needles. You know, we have forty two million Americans dependent on government benefits for snap that are, you know, now desperate. It's probably time if you have time, and you have a local food bank, maybe to help them out if you can afford it. I'm not asking people to do something that they can't afford to do. I remember it was a big deal to me during COVID, and I'm going to get in touch with my local food bank today and see if I can't help them out. But it looks like if Democrats don't get that aggressive, and I think a lot of Democrats want to go home, that there probably is just enough boats to actually get the government open again. And we'll watch this very very closely, Dick Derbin, I want you to hear the comments that he made about this.
Speaker 2: The fate of this effort depends on both the Senate and the House of Representatives. After a seven week absence, the Speaker Johnson needs to call his members back and join us in the hard work that lies ahead. Many of my friends are unhappy. They think we should have kept our government closed indefinitely to protest the policies of the Trump administration. I share their opinions of this administration, but cannot accept a strategy which wages political battle at the expense of my neighbor's paycheck or the food for his children.
Speaker 1: Okay, and John Fetterman, Senator Angus King, and you know, we just have just barely enough Democrats, and I think the House vote is going to be like a one vote margin.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Here to break down where we are in all of this, Carol Roth, two time New York Times bestselling author You Will Own Nothing and recovering investment banker. Also Mark some own host of the number one morning show on our affiliate it in New York AM seven ten wo R like Curtis Leewa. He is, you know, born and raised in New York, born and bred, and when he dies, there'll be New York dead. And he ain't ever given up on New York City? Am I wrong about that? Mark Simone?
Speaker 4: Well, Actually I was born in the Midwest. I'm from Michigan, but I always wanted to come to New York. It was like the ultimate place to be.
Speaker 3: You're never leaving, are you?
Speaker 4: And you'll you want.
Speaker 1: To go back on your prediction after I left two years ago when you said I'll be back. You think I'm really ever coming back.
Speaker 4: One day you'll all be back here.
Speaker 1: No, well, no, no, there won't be that day. You're you're getting worse by the hour. But look, this shutdown continues and it's a disaster. Let me let me play for both of you before we really get into Let me play the Southwest Airline pilot. Listen to this. This is how desperate things are. I mean, things are so bad in the skies because we can't It's been fifteen times Democrats have rejected a continuing resolution that which they themselves have advocated for regularly throughout the decades.
Speaker 3: And now all of a.
Speaker 1: Sudden, the Schumer's shut down for the first time in his career. No, he's gonna hold the line and they're going to use the American people as leverage. How do we know because they keep saying it.
Speaker 3: Listen, I don't.
Speaker 5: Really care what your let im come persuading is. And you should really call your senator because I'll tell you this is costing the airlines millions of dollars and just take up thirty airplanes with one engine running, it's going to take us at least ninety minutes to take off. So it's frustrating. It's really frustrating for me because right now it's going to cost about two hours of our lives on the ground before we even take off, spend all that gas, all that money, and it just rolls into the rest.
Speaker 4: Of the system.
Speaker 3: So right now we're at a four.
Speaker 5: Percent reduction in light capacity. Next week we go to ten website. I had a six hour delay in Houston.
Speaker 3: And the weather was perfect.
Speaker 5: It's because they're traffic controllers market paid.
Speaker 1: So wee today alone five thou three hundred delays and eighteen hundred cancelations alone so far today. Carol, your thoughts on you know, what is the Democratic strategy been here? What's the point.
Speaker 3: Of all this?
Speaker 6: I mean, they are basically holding Americans hostage for no reason, and for people who you know, keep saying how concerned they are about getting air traffic controllers paid and making sure that Americans have access to snap benefits and don't starve. They don't seem to be willing to do anything about it. So it's a bit frustrating that an original spot that you've played from Dick Durbin is the biggest ad I've ever heard for term limits because Dick Durbin, who is my senator here in Illinois, has announced that he is not running for reelection. So if he was running for reelection, I can guarantee you Sean, based on his voting history, that he would not have made the right decision. But because he does not have to worry about being reelected, he is able to do what's right, and that tells you everything that is wrong with our system today.
Speaker 1: I think that's well stated. Let's get your take, my friend Mark Simon.
Speaker 4: Well, shutdowns accomplished nothing. Neither party, nobody's ever achieved anything with a shutdown. You shutdown caucuses zero for fourteen. This will get settled at you know, ten hour air traffic delay is ridiculous. We get down to the usual three hour delay that we have at most airports, and we still got to settle this whole Obamacare crisis. And the media has never asked the real question, which is if it's called the Affordable Care Act, if it's affordable, why would you need subsidies to pay for it. That's got to be fixed.
Speaker 1: I think that's a great line. I'm going to steal that and not give you attribution if you don't mind. I think that's really well. Said Liberal Joe this morning, urging Democrats to take the win on the shutdown. Diolo, what's the win? American people have suffered needlessly? Democrats proved nothing. Okay, they'll get their vote. And you make the great point, which is, Okay, the Affordable Care Act isn't affordable. Otherwise you wouldn't need subsidies, which, by the way, Democrats voted to be temporary.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 7: So all this fear and loathing and all this whining, I wish Democrats for once, just once could take a win and then understand the Republicans they were never going to help working Americans.
Speaker 8: They learned that through this process. So you know who else learned that through this process?
Speaker 3: The American voter.
Speaker 8: Donald Trump was exposed and the administration was exposed, and Republicans were exposed as the party that fought like hell to give tax cuts to billionaires, to multinational corporations, to the richest of the rich. And we learned just last week, they were trying to extend those tax cuts to even more billionaires to give them even bigger tax sets. At the same time, they were fighting like hell to stop working Americans from getting basic food assistants and just a helping hand, just a little helping hand with their healthcare costs.
Speaker 1: Just a little helping hand, you know, okay, even for people eight hundred percent above the poverty line. Carol Roth again Mark said it perfectly. The Affordable Care Act need subsidies.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's unbelievable. The Democrats like to engage in their favorite hobby shown, which is gaslighting. That's all they do. They go in on TV, they go in the radio, and they gaslight. But you know what's happening is that the American people are not buying that. If you look at the polls and you look at you know who is to blame for the shutdown. It's very transparent, and the American people know that it's the Democrats who have been responsible for this, and Main Street has been the one who's been helped over and over again. However, the Affordable Care Act is one of the things that is creating the unaffordability in their life, and they were the ones that told us that, oh it's going to be affordable, you could keep your doctor, all these wonderful things, and I don't know any of them coming up with any solutions. So we need to actually solve this issue, and just kicking the can down the road like they like to do and them gaslighting us about it is not going to achieve that.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, what do they stand for now? I mean, here's the interesting thing to me, And let me play for you. Mark Simone, you're soon to be new mayors Zoron Marxis Kami Mamdani.
Speaker 3: I know you voted for him, right right.
Speaker 4: We're lucky he was available.
Speaker 3: We're lucky he was available.
Speaker 1: He made this comment, which is really really government will confiscate privately owned buildings if landlords don't pay fines or make assessed repairs that he determines they must make.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 9: That's why I'm announcing a plan to overhaul the Mayor's office to protect tenants, bringing code enforcement under one roof and making sure that agencies are working together to hold bad landlords accountable. Starting on day one, we will expand the city's special enforcement programs, doubling fines for HAZARDUS violations and tripling them for conditions that are immediately dangerous. And when a really bad landlord like this guy refuses to fix it, the city's going to step in, make the repairs and send them the built. If that doesn't work, the city's taking over the building. We're putting the worst landlords out of business, and we're going to transform three on one by bringing the latest in cutting edge technology, scheduling appointments with inspectors so you actually know when they're showing up to your market. And the best part, you're gonna pay for this. But actually, bad landlords are going to pay for this. We're going to fund this expanded enforcement in the most obvious way by actually collecting the fines and enforcing the violations.
Speaker 1: Wow, let's just confiscate your house mark, simone. I think you know it should be given a homeless people.
Speaker 4: Well, if you take all the buildings that have the worst problems, the worst conditions, that are most need to repair, you'll find it's the city housing project. So they're going to be seizing their own buildings. So good luck with that. He's just going to spend his whole life in court. You know, he can't seize anything all this stuff free buses. He has no control over the price of buses. He has no control over taxes, maybe property text, but he's just going to spend his whole life in court fighting this. We went through eight years of build of Blasio. He was our last socialist mayor. We got through that. It wasn't easy, but we got through it, and we'll get through this guy.
Speaker 1: You're so optimistic. Good luck with that, you know, sending in the soul to workers. So there's going to be a conflict. And let me ask you. Do you avoid the subways?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 4: I take them now and then I mean they're pretty good.
Speaker 3: Well, whoa now? And then? What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Like, if it's an emergency and you can't get an uber or a cab, well, it's New York.
Speaker 4: You can walk most every place, and if it's way downtown you don't want to sit in traffic, you take the subway.
Speaker 1: But you do it only in case of an emergency. Mark marks them all. And that's what I'm hearing out of you.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not cure to see you. I don't take it at four in the morning on the.
Speaker 1: That's a good point. And you do know what do you think about sending in the social workers.
Speaker 3: You like that idea.
Speaker 4: I was talking to our greatest police Commissioner, Ray Kelly, Commissioner about twenty years. He said, the NYPD has tried that program twelve different times over thirty years. It never works. Nobody hates it more than the social workers because the half of them get injured, killed. It's been tried, it doesn't work.
Speaker 3: It's not going to work.
Speaker 1: Quick break more with Mark Simon, Carol Roth, and then your call's coming up on the other side, eight hundred and ninety four one Sean. As we continue this Monday, I would continue with Carol Roth and Mark Simone. Carol, there is a part of me that feels bad for people like Curtis and Mark and some of my colleagues that work out of New York City. I've been blessed to have been able to get out of there, and you know, some people you know, chastise me, Well, why'd you give up? I'm like, because there's no more hope. And the same with Chicago, same with Illinois. I'm not sure why you stay there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, we please pay the stupid family tax because our family wants to be here, and that's what's drawn us to the center. But I can tell you, having lived through Lorie Lightfoot and barely survived the Brandon Johnson regime, it's very, very challenging. This idea that you're going to get all this free stuff and that you're going to live in La La land. You know, you might as well count on getting a unicorn because it's not going to happen. And it makes the city less safe. People want to spend less time here. It makes everything more expensive. And the biggest issue, going back to where you started with, you know, seizing private property, is that businesses don't want to make investments. And this is what they don't understand. There's a shrinking tax base. You don't get the businesses making investments. If you don't get that, you don't get the employment, and you don't get the money that then gets spread around the economy. And you know, I just kind of I imagine there's going to be a big wake up call, Sean. It was funny at the Zor and Mom Donnie victory party. One of his supporters was lamenting that there was a cash bar and it costs thirteen dollars for a bud.
Speaker 3: Lfe, thirteen bucks for a beer.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and so imagine what they're going to think when they find out how much all the other free stuff is going to cost them thirteen bucks?
Speaker 1: Were you at that party, Mark Simone? You usually MC every party in New York?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was a little I'm busy that night. Listen, he's already done some good for New York. He got rid of Andrew Cuomo. I think, once and for all, we'll never have to see that guy again.
Speaker 3: So he say he's talking about moving to Florida.
Speaker 4: Oh good, good, Let him be your problem, let him run for stuff down there.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's running for anything anymore. And I don't think you can win anything in the Free State of Florida. Not going to happen? Is I just let me ask you. Do you worry that there is an appeal that is growing in the country now that Aoc Mamdani, the Squad, Bernie Sanders, Pocahontas have taken over the party, that this is going to grow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it'll grow for a while. George will if you have pardoner the expression actually said the other day, we got to go through this every twenty five years because younger people don't know how bad socialism they got to see it with their own eyes. The Democrats have been through this before. They go way too far the left, and then somebody of Bill Clinton, somebody rises up and leads them back to the center. So we haven't seen that person yet, but they'll show up in another year and lead them back to the cent.
Speaker 1: All right, Mark, Simoon krol Raw, thank you both. Eight hundred and nine to four, one show on our number. If you want to be a part of the program. By the way, Linda, you didn't tell me if you watched the Patriot Awards.
Speaker 11: I watched a lot of the Patriot Awards actually, and I actually have some snippets in case anybody else missed it.
Speaker 1: Uh, I don't know if I want to play the snippets. Well, these are that you have on my cart tout sheet. Well, I see the snippets.
Speaker 11: I think you singing is a highlight. You know, I've told you for years you're a closet rock star, and that's fine.
Speaker 3: Okay, but you let a finger on this show. You are you let that flag fly, and I'm proud of you. Good for you. Let's play that'll be fun.
Speaker 11: Let's play that part.
Speaker 12: But because I can't sing to save my life. So we're going to put the words on the screen here, so Stan, if you don't mind, please Stan. And this is just a small, little itsy bitsy sample. This is what Sean Hannity does at two o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 3: And I wasn't even drinking.
Speaker 4: But bu.
Speaker 12: Bu bu but uh, but but we'll put it up. Start spreading the news.
Speaker 1: I'm leaving today.
Speaker 13: No longer want.
Speaker 12: To be a part of it, high tax New York. These commie Mamdani blues are.
Speaker 1: Longing to leave right to the very heart of it by by New York.
Speaker 3: All right, that's enough, man, that's enough.
Speaker 11: I thought it was great.
Speaker 1: The reason I didn't play the Joe Pegg's version is people. No, it's not. It's not that they didn't let me. I just thought about there are people in that room that are depressed over what happened with wood zoron Kami mom Nani.
Speaker 3: By the way, I wrote that weeks ago.
Speaker 4: I know you did.
Speaker 3: You sent it to me.
Speaker 1: I sent it to you. Joe Pegs, we sat on him for a couple of weeks. Joe Paggs cut it in record time. He sings it great. I mean, he's amazing and I had a cue in and I'm like, uh, this is gonna upset people if I play the whole thing because they're freaking out.
Speaker 11: Well, let's play something that you said that I thought was really beautiful, which was cut twenty eight J.
Speaker 3: This is perfect what you said here.
Speaker 6: You hear him, happy to be back.
Speaker 1: I was born and raised in Long Island, New York.
Speaker 12: I was here, and we are here tonight as a family. This is unlike any other award show that ever takes place. We're not patting our soul little back like Hollywood and the Grammys and the Oscars. Although all of you look great on the red carpet tonight, we are here to honor a Erica's true patriots.
Speaker 3: We are here.
Speaker 12: To honor the US service members around the globe and in our country, the first responders, other heroes that put their lives on the line for us and our liberty and our freedom every single day. They protect all of us because they love us, and they sacrifice for us.
Speaker 3: That's why we're here tonight.
Speaker 11: I mean, that was incredibly you know, you did a great job on that. You got to the point you're definitely losing your voice because I'm sure you talked for hours and you're like.
Speaker 1: I have no voice Friday. It was all bad. I was going to I was gonna work Friday. There's no as you know.
Speaker 3: This is impossible. You're not going to have any voice.
Speaker 13: Law.
Speaker 1: When you're on you have to project at a whole different level. I mean, it took me all week and to get my voice back.
Speaker 11: And I saw the white jacket, well done?
Speaker 3: Did you see?
Speaker 1: I didn't even know it was where he was sitting because you can't see anything from the stage.
Speaker 3: The lights are so bright. Oh Don from Lake Warren Conquerment? Were you there? Done?
Speaker 8: Josh?
Speaker 13: And I definitely was there, and my friend, I got to tell you you certainly did under promise an over delivered. I was at that a patriot wards and it was absolutely the best medicine for those who endured or have endured the government shut down in an unmploysant election day. I got to tell you, the audience certainly got their aerobics and with the voluminous standing ovations, it.
Speaker 3: Was you know, I will tell you.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, for example, DJ Daniel, remember he was honored at the Joint the Joint Session of Congress. Yeah, all these heroes. You know, whenever I see people that have these unbelievable challenges and they gave up so much for us, I'm embarrassed that I think in my heart and mind that I have problems at times.
Speaker 3: It's embarrassing. Well because compared to them, you don't.
Speaker 14: Well.
Speaker 13: I goes to kick out Eden Alexander the New Jersey Jewish idea of soldier captured for five four days and he goes back to his unit. What a tremendous guy in a Skyler Dearrington, that twelve year old Texas flood surviber of the Mystic Camp.
Speaker 3: I mean, unbelievable goods.
Speaker 1: You can't like look at this and then not look at your own life and say, wow, I'm so grateful that people like that exist in our country that I will tell you it is the greatest honor of my life to be able to host those awards MC those awards, And it kind of just fell into my lap because like two weeks before last year's awards, Pete Hegseth was, you know, ripped away from us to be the head of the Department of War. So and you know, I will tell you this, I write every word of it myself.
Speaker 3: For good or for bad?
Speaker 1: Did I make the right call just doing a shorter version of New York, New York? What did I make the right call and not do the three and a half minute version of New York New York.
Speaker 13: Yes, that was wonderful, Thank you very much, Sean. To tell you, I'm the drive home after that event, I thought about other award shows whose hosts and artists, you know half for years used the exposure despout for political activism, and they try to do each other with Volger presentations. This award show was absolutely amazing.
Speaker 1: I can't I'm I'm glad you were there. You've been such a good friend and supporter of the show for so many decades.
Speaker 3: Now, you're a remarkable.
Speaker 1: Man in your own right and an amazing patriot in your own right, and I'm glad you were there. I'm glad you got in. I'm glad you liked it. When I said to people, I knew the guest list, I knew that Jason Alden was performing, I knew Malania Trump would be there, I knew Erica Kirk would be there, but I was not allowed to tell anybody. I knew the great patriots that were going to be honored that night, and I was not allowed to tell anybody. I just kept saying, you're gonna want to be there. I never over promised an under deliver and I think everybody had a great night. I'm just honored to be a small part of it, to be honest.
Speaker 13: Oh it was, it was, Sean. I got to tell you one more things. The Patriot Award itself was fascinating to use the melted down Revolutionary War of musket balls and Mount Thurn at Elm Tree.
Speaker 3: And it was crazy, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's stuff that you're into, because I know you're a craftsman in your own right, but it's pretty pretty special.
Speaker 3: Tom. We love you. Thanks man. Jim and Illinois jimmy're on the Sean Hannity Show.
Speaker 14: Hi, Hey, Sean, nice to talk to you. I was listening last week and I just want to chime in on a top You were talking about why the bad things happen to good people and it's not so much that.
Speaker 3: Did you notice how angry that atheist was? Pretty angry guy, Yeah, you're.
Speaker 14: Right, but I just wanted to chime in on that. Why bad things happen to good people? It happens to everyone. Rainfalls on the good as well as the bad, but God allows it. That's the real point, because of the grace that comes through suffering. You know, in even the smallest form, we gave grace just like through prayer. We gain it through suffering. But we actually God allows it because it gives us the opportunity, to our free will to take that grace and to multiply it by trillions. Excuse me, I'm getting a little bit nervous here.
Speaker 10: But the thing.
Speaker 14: The thing is we do that by accepting that suffering. When we accept it, we make it sanctifying grace. Christ Well, I.
Speaker 1: Think you're right, and I think it's a mystery that you know. I think in many ways, you know, life was designed to be challenging. There's nobody. I don't care your background, whatever. Everybody has problems in life, and some have very big problems and some have you know, just day to day survival sometimes is a problem. And you know, we still live in the greatest country God gave Man, and we have less problems than a lot of other people in the world because we live in a country that if you work hard and and just put your head down and bring your talents to fruition you're going to I don't believe you can fail if you really set your mind to it. I mean, really dedicate your life to being successful. And however you define success, and that is the beauty of America, that's the American dream. But you know, I'm never going to convince an atheist that they're wrong. And you know, but then you start tearing a part of their argument and he goes, well the quantum particles that I'm like, well, where the quantum particles come from? Because if you believe there's no God creator, then you're basically telling me that that you think something can come from nothing. At least an agnostic acknowledges the possibility of a god as one of the answers, but they don't have the answer. Anyway, my friend, I'm going to keep moving along. I do appreciate your call. God bless you. Eight hundred and nine foot one, Sean, if you want to be a part of the program. Andrew is in the Great State of Georgia. Andrew, how are you glad you called?
Speaker 15: Hey, Sean, thanks for taking my call. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Thank you. What's going on?
Speaker 14: Not much?
Speaker 15: I do want to encourage you or at least give you recommendation for a future pro uh in what I saw one of your shows a couple of weeks ago. So what happened a couple of weeks ago was you basically were calling calling out the Democrats well by actually reading their right legislation on air, when when they came up with their with their junkie proposal where you said where they're like, oh, you're not funny. We're not going to fund illeg immigration or funny healthcare for earlier immigrants. Yeah, that's not exactly true. Here's the exact page and here's the exact verbiage. And I would like to see uh occourage more of that if if we see more garbage coming from the West.
Speaker 1: Listen, that's my job. I immersed myself in this every single solitary day. I know everybody's busy. So if you tune into this show, or we got a great TV show tonight, for example, by the way, Stephen A. Smith is on John Fenderman's on RAMS Home. We got great people tonight, and we're going to go through the crackup that is now the Democratic Party. It is officially now a five alarm fire, and they're all ready to kill each other, and I'm perfectly happy with that. We'll get in another quick call Andrew, God bless you. Let's say hi to Elizabeth and Kentucky. Hey Elizabeth, how are you hi?
Speaker 10: Sean, It's a pleasure to talk to you. I actually was calling about the atheist from last week too. Apparently a lot of us hurt.
Speaker 3: I got a lot of response this weekend on that. What's going on?
Speaker 10: Well, I'm just going to disagree actually with your previous caller two calls ago. I don't believe that God allows bad things to happen. God created a perfect world, and through that creation, he created a perfect Adam and Eve. But he also gave them that will to choose, and they chose to disobey him, which caused sin to enter the world. And because sin entered the world, that separated us from God, which caused the bad things to happen. That's why we have the cancer and the hurricanes and all that. So but God then created are allowed Jesus to come to restore that fellowship with him. And when we believe that Jesus came and died and we confess our sins, then we restore that fellowship with God. So unfortunately, until God creates a new, perfect world again, we will always have bad things that happen to good people. But it's the sin that separates us that causes those bad things to happen.
Speaker 1: Well through one man a woman, I guess you could say sin came into the world, and yes, through grace and salvation. This is the myth that liberals try to portray Christians as self righteous, sanctimonious, and that they're always trying to proselytize that's not who I am, or I don't think who you are. We just to be a Christian to me is to acknowledge your failure. To be a Christian means you're acknowledging your transgressions and you are seeking help to be a better person. And once you get to that point, that is the ultimate humility and you open your heart up to salvation. That's what I believe. I'm not trying to get other people to think the way I do, but it's worked for me in my life and helped me tremendously, and I don't think i'd be anywhere near the person I am without that blessing of my life. And you you said it way way more articular than I could ever say it. I do appreciate your call, though, and that's gonna wrap things up today. We are expecting keyth boats tonight during Hannity nine Eastern UH, we will check in with Senators John Fetterman Lindsay Graham. Also the one and only Stephen A. Smith will join us. I love how we have he's blaming Democrats for the shutdown.
Speaker 3: Did you know that?
Speaker 1: Linda's great? Ari Fleischer, Lawrence Jones, l J and Moore nine Eastern SO d v R. Hannity on Fox to them back here tomorrow. Thank you for making this show possible