Speaker 1: It's always a good sign when your day asked to speak to the manager.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, right at the beginning too, at the beginning.
Speaker 1: All right, we're going to get into that with a brand new second date. Welcome to the podcast. We're so glad you're.
Speaker 2: Here to complain. Well, I'm sure that's what it was. Where's the drama?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, we're gonna get to that in just a second. But we love starting with your comments, and we've been doing on Sunday. We've been hosting our full show just once a week. We don't want to give you too much of us because.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 3: Off here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, for even myself. So what what do you see, Alexis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, someone said hello, this is Eustace from Cameroon. I like listening to you guys while working on my spreadsheets. Oh I'm a finance guy. I used to skip the one plus hour full sessions, but listening to this was rather amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, right, my mom loves spreadsheets. I don't understand people like you, but there is a thrill in them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah that would be the best place to be a finance Yeah, sure, financial guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whatever it is. We don't do excel here. All right, let's get into your brand new second date right now.
Speaker 3: Second date up dated Brooke, you'd agree with me that it's important in the dating world to know what you want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's important in life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But it's equally important to know what you don't want.
Speaker 2: Sometimes that's how you figure out what you do want.
Speaker 3: Like Alexis, she does not want labels. Yeah, even if one day down the road she gets married, don't put a label on that.
Speaker 2: He was my guy friend. Yeah, bothered a couple of children, exactly, label on that.
Speaker 3: That's gross. And one of our listeners knows exactly what she doesn't want, and that's a second date with the guys she went out with.
Speaker 2: And why is she calling us?
Speaker 3: She does want answers. She deserves that, So let's talk to her. Jenna, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hi everyone, How did he block you?
Speaker 3: And now you got to use us to tell him off?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Pretty much. I mean, I'm just no, I'm curious.
Speaker 2: At the point. Okay, all right, you're beyond me.
Speaker 5: I'm beyond mad and I hate that I am expending energy on this, but like it's not.
Speaker 6: Okay, what happened and I just need to know, like, what the heck?
Speaker 1: Okay, I think we need some explaining because you sound really serious.
Speaker 3: I feel like I have all the information that I need to that little convo. But if you want to give us some details, I'm cool with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like the guy's name, I start with, Yeah, what is his name?
Speaker 6: His name is Peter?
Speaker 2: Okay, Peter. We hate Peter? Yeah, Peter.
Speaker 6: Yeah that could have been red flag number one.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, some guy Peter in his car, Like oh yeah, okay, Well, we'll give grace to most other Peters, but this Peter, we're not saying, Yeah, why why do we hate Peter?
Speaker 5: So we met on a dating app, But I don't usually meet a lot of guys, Like I'll talk to a lot of people just to like get a vibe or whatever, but I don't say yes to a lot of dates because because.
Speaker 6: You can meet some quality people on there. But that's not what this is about, exactly. It's rare.
Speaker 1: So you thought Peter was quality in the beginning. I'm assuming since you did say yes.
Speaker 5: Right, and he honestly should feel lucky that I said yes. Okay at this point, Yeah, but going in, obviously you had a little bit of optimism for how the date would go.
Speaker 3: So like what happened?
Speaker 6: So when I feel like the person who's asking for the date should.
Speaker 5: Be the one who plans the date, so thathing's fair.
Speaker 6: I said that to him. He said, he made a reservation. Fine, we decided to meet there to safety first, and we get there and he checks in with.
Speaker 5: The hostess and they're like, oh, yeah, it's going to be fifteen minute wait, and I was like, hold the pump.
Speaker 2: Oh is that when you stopped talking to him? It's usually like five actions. They say that too, that is true.
Speaker 3: Why are you saying hold the phone?
Speaker 5: Because if he made a reservation, we shouldn't have to wait.
Speaker 1: No, but that's the thing about reservations. I've often had to wait for a resume.
Speaker 3: But you're obviously not on the same level as Jenna. Is so fair, you know, it's not fair to compare yourself that yet wait, so.
Speaker 1: Wait, you're you're already getting upset because you're waiting and you think he's lying about making a reservation.
Speaker 5: Is that what you're I wasn't sure because he was just like okay with the wait, So I'm like, that feels iffy, Okay.
Speaker 3: You want the guy to step up and be like, excuse me, I made the reservation for this time.
Speaker 5: I wanted him to handle it, because you never know when fifteen minutes can turn into twenty or thirty. I'm like, I don't want to spend all night waiting for a table. So I ended up speaking with the hostess and then with the manager.
Speaker 1: Oh good, Oh so you're fifteen minutes into a date and you're already talking your manager.
Speaker 6: Well, I didn't wait for fifteen minutes. Like I spoke with the hostess, she brought in the manager. I didn't ask for the manager, and.
Speaker 3: Brookes, she's only doing that because her date is dragging his feet on doing it. He's just cool with whatever.
Speaker 1: But it sounds like you're already starting to work yourself up, like you're already starting to get upset.
Speaker 2: But get a bad mood pre date?
Speaker 5: Maybe, Yes, I'm not in a bad mood. And if I was in a bad mood, it wasn't my fault. The restaurant put me in a bad mood by making me wait. My date put me in a bad mood by not fixing the situation. And after my conversation with the manager, magically I was seated and I turned around and they got me a few free drinks.
Speaker 6: They offered me an appetizer.
Speaker 3: This is why complaining always pays off.
Speaker 2: This does feel like something you would do, Jeff.
Speaker 3: Ye. Yes, I've come out on top status.
Speaker 2: So are you in your date back on? Are you're feeling good?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: You're feeling cared for and everybody's happy?
Speaker 1: Right? Well?
Speaker 5: I sat down and like I'm having my drink and I turned around.
Speaker 6: He's just gone, like he vanished without saying a word.
Speaker 3: Wait what Yeah?
Speaker 6: And I tried to call him. He's not responding. He won't answer text messages, he won't pick up phone calls.
Speaker 5: I mean, I did his job exactly.
Speaker 3: You put in all the work, and now he's deciding to walk away. That's rude, right, Brooke, I you know that's right. Yes, you are right, Jeff. This guy's are.
Speaker 1: I'm imagining like my husband going out with you on a first date. He would have been so mortified and embarrassed that he just wouldn't have wanted to even speak to the restaurant's staff after that incident, So he probably just left.
Speaker 3: There's a clear line here. Some people are team Jenna, and some people seem to be team Peter in this room.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, here's the thing. Are you really that confused about why he left?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I want answers. I'm pissed. He wasted my time, he wasted my energy, my makeup products.
Speaker 3: Hello, and I mean Brooke. Sure, maybe he didn't want to be on the day anymore, but shouldn't he have at least had the gentleman courtesy to say something to her. Be a man like your husband, I'm sure would have been and ditch before he ditched you on the date.
Speaker 2: I'm just sure, but I'm kidding. Thank you.
Speaker 3: That's all that we need the bus. This guy deserves to answer up for the cowardly move that he did by ditching him by not saying anything, Jenna, we're all on board with you despite the Thank.
Speaker 6: You guys so much for your support. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you, Jenna, and we would love if you left a five star review on our podcast when you're done with this. It would really go along with okay perfect.
Speaker 2: So let's wait till segment two before she actually.
Speaker 3: No, I wanted wanted to put it now before segment two, because who knows what's gonna happen when we come back. We're gonna call Peter and we'll see what he has to say in your second date update. Right after this second date update, the room seems very divided about this call with our listener Jenna, who told us that she's extremely upset since her date. Peter told her that he made dinner reservations, but they showed up and the hostess said, well, actually you're gonna need to wait an extra fifteen minutes. And Jenna didn't scream, she was just like, I don't understand why I thought we had reservations for that time.
Speaker 2: I think she may have been a little more forceful than that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Meanwhile, spineless Peter wouldn't say a word, so Jenna had to step up and calmly confront the manager herself and guess what happened? She got results? Okay, immediately, Oh, I guess the table was available and was even given free drinks and food for her trouble. And where was Peter? Who knows quivering Pete had dipped out without saying a single word. Those are Brooks words, by the way.
Speaker 2: I hate when you just quote me like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true, Brooke. I am just curious though, because I was getting the vibe in the first part that you took issue with Jenna's approach to how she handled the situation. And I'm just wondering would it be different if they had a reservation and it was an extra forty five minutes an hour? Would her actions be warranted if the time length was different? To me, good question.
Speaker 2: Those are all like what ifs, Like that's not what.
Speaker 3: Happened, because you know, because you know that I'm.
Speaker 2: Right, No, it's not.
Speaker 1: It's like hypotheticals, and hypotheticals will always get you in trouble.
Speaker 3: Okay, Jenna. I'm trying to get them onto your side. I'm doing everything in my power. They still want to be team Peter for some reason.
Speaker 2: Brook.
Speaker 6: I get the vibe that you don't support me, and I've heard on your show that you support women, and honestly, I don't think supported.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where are you what happens?
Speaker 1: I just don't know that you should be so mystified that Peter's not interested?
Speaker 3: I think, well, I don't think. I don't think that's it, though. I don't think she's mystified about why he's not interested. She's just not understanding why he took the approach where he did without saying a word. He was rude.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just want to know, like what he was thinking to make such a cowardly decision to just leave without anything.
Speaker 3: We don't know what we're gonna get. If Peter answers the phone, let's let's speculation. Maybe he will own up to all the mistakes that he made that day. But let's find out.
Speaker 2: I bet you, I bet Jenna will be very kind and forgiving it.
Speaker 3: We're not dealing with hypotheticals earlier, so let's just take some real action and dial the number.
Speaker 2: Give you makes sense, Let's get some Here we go.
Speaker 3: Hello, Wow answered on the first ring. Yikes, is this Peter?
Speaker 2: Is such a bad way to start a conversation.
Speaker 7: Peter, is this you?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Who is this?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 3: You should know us because we're a very popular radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. You may have heard of.
Speaker 1: Us, or Jenna's really rubbed off on you.
Speaker 8: What is happening right now?
Speaker 3: Well, what's happening is a segment called a second Date Update where we're trying to help out one of our listeners, one of our very good friends. That's true. Her name is Jenna, and you went on a date with her recently, you almost went on a date with her. I should say, well.
Speaker 2: You waited five minutes with her in the restaurant lobby.
Speaker 3: Ringing a bell.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, that happened.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, I'd love just your first impression of Jenna.
Speaker 8: I mean, she's pretty, she seemed cool on the app and then uh, I even went out of my way to call a buddy and get a reservation at a new restaurant.
Speaker 7: Oh dude, you yeah, we heard that there were supposedly reservations that were made, but when you arrived to the restaurant, things didn't go that smoothly.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Look, I mean it was swamped.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 8: I mean it's a new place.
Speaker 1: It makes sense for a new restaurant. There's like systems that they don't have in place. Yet sometimes they get behind sounds.
Speaker 3: Like they don't have their stuff together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is just a trend. That's totally normal for a new restaurant to not have all.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Sorry to interrupt you there, Peter, keep going.
Speaker 8: I don't know, guys, it was just pretty awkward because I mean we get there and she finds out there's a fifteen minute wait. I mean, my goodness pretty much kind of has a temper tantrump.
Speaker 3: She even said like, do you know who I am?
Speaker 2: What she said that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Like he starts whipping out her phone showing her twenty thousand followers she has of everything.
Speaker 3: Oh she's an influencer or she just has like twenty thousands. That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really just.
Speaker 3: Like Brooks sounds a little bit jealous.
Speaker 1: So you even so followed, I am not interested in how many found people have, and I think that's such a weird flex.
Speaker 8: Right, So then it was just so awkward, and I just I was like, get over yourself.
Speaker 3: Okay, well okay, so.
Speaker 1: Is there a reason why you didn't tell her? Like, hey man, that was too much for me.
Speaker 2: I'm leaving.
Speaker 8: I just couldn't be with a girl like that, you know, I'm like, get over yourself. I mean, I left, and I had to as I was going home, I had to like text my buddy like, hey, I'm so sorry, Peter.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, Peter, sorry, Like just so you know, like I've seen mannequin's with more initiative than you.
Speaker 3: What, Yeah, so Peter, you couldn't figure it out. That's Jenna on the other line. She's been listening to this call. Normally we we have them wait. But yeah, and I don't blame her either. That was kind of a long explanation on your end.
Speaker 2: It was exactly what we thought had happened.
Speaker 3: She could have summarized it a little bit quicker, but go ahead, Jenna.
Speaker 5: I honestly don't appreciate being mischaracterized.
Speaker 6: I am not. I never said you know who I am.
Speaker 5: Like who says that anymore?
Speaker 8: I heard you say it.
Speaker 7: But what maybe I did?
Speaker 2: Maybe I did it.
Speaker 6: But at least we got a table.
Speaker 5: You had one chance to act like a man, and you went full on NPC MPC.
Speaker 2: What does that stand for?
Speaker 6: Non playable character?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Brooke, come on, come on, Brook.
Speaker 2: It sounds like he didn't want to play.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I didn't. I didn't want to be a part of.
Speaker 3: It, right. Yeah, But there's a level of decorum that usually comes into dates where you tell someone, hey, I don't know if this is going to work out, or I gotta go just dipping out.
Speaker 2: What is he supposed to do?
Speaker 1: He's supposed to say something, and then Jenna is going to go nuclear on him and make a scene in the restaurant next and embarrass his buddy even more.
Speaker 3: I apologize to his buddy, He apologized to the manager and everybody except for Jenna.
Speaker 2: But why does she deserve an apology? I guess is my question.
Speaker 5: Brook. You're supposed to support women's rights and wrongs.
Speaker 2: You know, women can still be a holes. Jenna.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, You're right and you're being one right now.
Speaker 8: Brook.
Speaker 3: Ye, I don't understand why you're attacking Jenna. She came to us for help.
Speaker 2: I'm not dagging anyone.
Speaker 1: It's just well, she's kind of being one. But yeah, here's the thing, Like, Jenna, how could anyone calmly talk to you?
Speaker 2: And in that moment, we're talking.
Speaker 5: About the wrong thing here, Like we need to talk about who gets done and I do? Okay, I got it the table and he did nothing.
Speaker 8: I mean, this is just outrageous. I mean, Jenna, you're a beautiful girl, but get over yourself.
Speaker 5: I'm just going to take that as an apology that you won't get over me.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Okay, I like how you just take what you want.
Speaker 2: You know you got there.
Speaker 8: I'm trying to see, Jenna, what you're saying doesn't even make any sense.
Speaker 6: So I just want an apology.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think that's a fair ass, just one tiny apology for all the trouble that Jenna had to go through to get her table.
Speaker 1: And then in return, will Jenna then apologize to the restaurant manager.
Speaker 2: The restaurant gave.
Speaker 3: Her free food and drinks for their own mistake. They admitted they were wrong fifteen minutes late for her reservation.
Speaker 2: She didn't even wait fifteen minutes.
Speaker 5: Super You know what, At that point, I don't even just want an apology from Peter.
Speaker 6: I want an apology from Brooke.
Speaker 1: Two.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, bro why don't you be a good role model and show Peter how a good apology is done.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's healthy to apologize for something that you didn't do wrong.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna take blame for Jenna's behavior. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe you should apologize for the outfit that you chose to wear today, because this is a pain to ask.
Speaker 2: Isn't like a snuggie?
Speaker 3: Jeff?
Speaker 2: For that? I am sorry.
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry for that, Jenna. I'm going to pass that apology over to you. Peter. Now's your chance to apologize for ditching out on Jenna without a word. Ready three to.
Speaker 8: One, and you know when they say you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. That's why I left, and I just got a backbrook on this. I mean, I can't condone bad behavior like that. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Yeah all right, Yeah that was a long winded way of almost saying absolutely nothing. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Do not get what she.
Speaker 3: Wants, Jenna, I'm so so sorry that you had to go through all of that. Thank you.
Speaker 2: She didn't want one to start.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I'm a man of action like Jenna is, so I will take action and offer to put you two together one more time for another redo. No thanks, Okay, at least I tried at I'm the only one in the room who did it.
Speaker 6: So yeah, you hear that, Peter, I said no before you did.
Speaker 3: Spineless once again? My god, looking Jeffrey in the morning. I don't like when calls get ugly like that.
Speaker 2: We have had a couple lately.
Speaker 3: I know, yeah, yeah, I know, And then I have to be the one who steps up and apologizes for everybody on behalf of the entire show.
Speaker 1: She didn't understand You're being sarcastic may not actually support her.
Speaker 3: I think our listeners deserve a little bit of support even if they're not right.
Speaker 2: Okay, well do you never tell them that they're not right?
Speaker 3: Well, that's just gonna make them mad at me.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, someone needs to stand up for them. But I did take something away from it. Twenty thousand followers can get you free drinks and an appetizer.
Speaker 2: What we are way more than that. We never get anything.
Speaker 3: I thought for sure it would be higher, like forty five K. But if it's only twenty I'm gonna start pulling out my phone at acclaim Jeffer, and I'm gonna be like, excuse me. Do you know who Brooke Fox is? I work with her? Yeah, and if you do, if you don't want to be on her bad side, you will give me some free Hallo Peno papers on the house.
Speaker 2: You show my Instagram and you get charged more.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to show him that, ye. Did you want to check out our socials, specifically our show one at Broken Jeffrey. You can go send us a DM and we might reach out to that person who's not calling you back. Yeah, and go check out our podcast too. They're available online you can see all of our second dates wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey