Speaker 1: But all right, job.
Speaker 2: All across the USC Compton watch Bay to La, come on to California day from Owy the Valley.
Speaker 1: We represent that Keller County.
Speaker 2: So if you're keeping it real on your side of your town, you tune into Gainst the Chronicles Coronic Goals.
Speaker 1: We gonna tell you how we goals. If I lie, my notes will girl like Pinocchio. We're gonna tell you the truth and nothing but the truth. Gangs the Chronic Goals. This is not your average shows.
Speaker 2: You're now tuned into the rail mc ain't, Big Change and Big Steals the streets.
Speaker 1: Hello, we.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the Gainst the Chronicles podcast, the production of iHeart Radio and Black Effect Podcast Network. Make sure you download the iHeart app and subscribe to Against the Chronicles for my Apple users, hit the Purple Michael your front screen. Subscribed Against the Chronicles, leave a start breaking the comment what's happening, what's happening? What's happening? Welcome to another episode of the Gangst the Chronicles podcast, where Gainst.
Speaker 1: The Rap lives. It's your boy, Big Steal and of course.
Speaker 3: Man today, man, we got a we got a pioneer in the building today Man and I'm gonna let him introduce itself because he got something that he do. Man, it's known worldwide. You want to say the Pat Tod We gotta get it man. Man, we appreciate you man sitting down with us for a spell this morning. Man, before we go into anything with the music. Man, you do something, Man, that's really dope to me. Man, you've been going out. You got a prison ministry going on. Oh Man, look man, we just we just vessels, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, we'd be going in the prison talking to all the inmate. I just left out of what was the land Cancer. I just left land Cancil about two by a month and a half ago.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 3: That's my third time being in Landcastle. Man, you got to hit us up man when you out there. Man, we would love to come out and support that. Oh yeah, yeah I was out there. Matter of fact, I had your boy out. The song was in the last the last time I just win he.
Speaker 1: Was with that. Oh is that him in there? Yeah? I brought him in there? Is that right? Man?
Speaker 3: That's dope. Man, That's dope. What made you decide man to start to get into.
Speaker 1: That and listen? Man, it ain't nothing but the goodness of God.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: Like I.
Speaker 3: Back in twenty twenty, me and my partner, we had the foundation called Gold Foundation, but we didn't have it at first.
Speaker 1: We just started We were just passing.
Speaker 3: Out these books by this minister by the name of Charles Keps called the Tongue Upgraded. Course they just speak about it breaks down in the spiritual aspect of speaking stuff into existence.
Speaker 1: So man, we just we went out.
Speaker 3: We was passing stuff out to the home that Steven the homeless when at her in the city in Memphis. And then man, I just start praying about it. Man, and God just led us to it. You know what I'm saying, let us go back in them prisons.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's really how I started back in twenty twenty. But there wasn't number God though, Bro, because I would just talk to somebody earlier. I said, Man, stuff I be doing that. I said, you know, it's gotta be God, because sometimes I be going to prisons, I'd be tired, I'd be hungry. Yeah, I'll be ready to go to sleep, you know what I'm so, you know, but no, man, Yeah, I had to just say it was God. Let us to do it, me and my partner. Yeah, man, because I always tell people, man that being locked up sometimes, man, I ain't gonna say sometimes, but especially when you're really doing some time, I could imagined that's almost like being dead because everybody's good about you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Man, locked up and dead go straight together, everybody forget about Yeah.
Speaker 3: Always say you gotta forgive them people when you call home, be laying.
Speaker 1: Somebody gonna send the money, you know, somebody gonna come visit you. You know what I'm saying, I just be I'd be teenerful.
Speaker 3: But you gotta you gotta forgive them though, man, because you know, everybody in prison needs to be praying for a blessing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Oh, definitely.
Speaker 5: I think just just to be able to uh, just to be able to communicate with somebody back at home, you know, every weekend or whatever, give you a sense of, you know, having some kind of connection still, you feel me.
Speaker 1: That's what a lot of niggas tell me.
Speaker 5: Just to be able to listen to certain type of music, or even just be able to call home and get that acceptance or get that accepted phone call, or you know what I'm saying, and a lot of times niggas just be wanting to chop it up and you know, see what's going on, or so they can feel regularly, you know what I'm saying, So they can feel not dead to the world.
Speaker 1: The definitely.
Speaker 3: When I got a homeboy right now, I used to wrap the boy him in my song. He was like my old g I looked up to the man. He got life centered right now. He just called me yes yesterday, and you know, I be sending them money. And when I go into prisons, I can't.
Speaker 1: They won't let me visit him. And he in Tennessee, so they.
Speaker 3: Won't let me visit him because of what I do. But when I go to the prison, I can keep it with him. I can go in there. I'm in there with him, you know what I'm saying. So he's saying, too, bro, because uh, y'all know how it is. You know, Oh, somebody you in the sandbox with and then you know they just happened, like I think, having like twenty twelve man, he been in there ever saying. You know what I'm saying. But I got other homeboys that's on death row man.
Speaker 1: Man. I went in to prison, seeing my speaking to the death row in Mason, Tennessee. Saw my boy. Man, Man, I couldn't evenly talk the good man almost.
Speaker 3: I'm most just about to cry, bro like, so this is this is my dude, you know what I'm saying. And he on that role, you know, he was you know, he was cool, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But it's just man, yeah, yeah, unfortunate that you know, sometimes, uh, the hood take us under to a certain point to what we can't climb about of that ship. And you know, like I said, I got I got my nigga in right now, and uh you know, so like I said, he called every week just to you know, just to chop it up with a nigga and ship, you know, just to see what's going on, just to feel like, you know, I still got some connection with people on the house and people who feel like, you know, or say they give a damn you get me. It just feel good to just have that person, you know, not and not necessarily you know what I'm saying. Some of the times it ain't about you know, sending me something like I just want to chop it up.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. So I could I could have that connection still mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because people feel abandoned, man, they feel like God, that's what they feel abandoned.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not necessarily that you will put yourself in the same situation because you know, sometimes we fortunate enough to be able to do what we do and not have to take those channels. But like I said, some dudes can't. Some dudes can't escape that, you feel me, and that's what get them into the situation. So you know, not that not that motherfuckers are condoned what the actions is, but like you said, you steal my nigga, man, so it is what it is for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that you know.
Speaker 3: And I think, man, it gotta be personal with you man, because you did time yourself, are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean you know you when you know you know you know what I'm saying. I mean, you know, it's just like it's just like if you see a dude. Let's say, you see a dude.
Speaker 1: Get jacked, you know what I'm saying, But he ain't just no bad dude like that, you know what I'm saying. But you know the dudes that's doing the jacket, you know what I'm saying, right, So.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like you know, it's like, dang, man, I feel sorry for brother, because brother, I'm a monster, you know what I'm saying. Then you know, you you know, you'd be like man, y'all, shouldn't have done that, old boy like that, man y'all about him bad.
Speaker 1: They're like liter dup, you know.
Speaker 3: But it's just like you feel sorry for the victim, but you also feel sorry for the.
Speaker 1: Dude holding the gun.
Speaker 3: Now, I see a lot of folks can't relate to that, and a lot of people cry out for the victim, which is sad. But like I know, like dude right now, he kind of do a lot of bashing with certain certain people, go online and bash certain people with the people. But he's bashing be the people holding the gun. And so I get where he's from because I learned later he was a victim, you know what I'm saying. So he got a passion for that because he was a victim to it. Well, I got robbed before, you know what I'm saying. I'm pretty sure everybody is been in the wood.
Speaker 1: Something happened to you. Shut it, shut it, you know what I'm saying. So you know, but but but but I.
Speaker 3: Also was the dude behind the gun. So I know with both sides of it, you know what I'm saying. And the thing is to sum it up. God love everybody.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Like and it's like you said MC like, hey, you you said it. Like some people they be stuck, you know what I'm saying, and they don't understand.
Speaker 3: And and the thing is, you gotta be even. I used to always say that I got it from an old pimp. You gotta look at game all the way around the board, like you know, hey, man, this man is holding his gun in his man he thinks this the way.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like you really think that now it ain't the way.
Speaker 3: But I mean, you know, yeah, he'll come right back kick it with you.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Be your best friend. You know what I'm saying. But at the same time, that's how you get out, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So you know, like I said, if you know you know it's experienced and you lived it, then you'll understand it better.
Speaker 1: If not, you're not gonna get it till they hit home. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Now, With that when you went and did and correct me if I'm wrong, brother, But when you got your first charge and you went in, whole hypnotized minds thing was just really starting to take off on the national level.
Speaker 1: My correct. It wasn't. No, it wasn't at first.
Speaker 3: When I went in, they they they the last year I was in, that's when they signed the deal and all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so kind of sort of what you're saying, kind of what you said. But when I went in, they were still underground and then they were dead signed it a year before I got out. Did that kind of motivate you? Kind of like, man, when you was in the just seeing the moves that they was making.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, for definite. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, I'm looking at the bag. I said, oh shoot, yeah, man, I can't wait to get out now, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: Of course, you want to be free. You don't want to do a day or there. But when I've seen that, I said, oh man, I'm done with this. I gotta go out here and get me some real money.
Speaker 1: Now. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that's the thing, man, because and they able to tell you this. Everybody that we talk to man. We deal with a lot of people in this and they always mention you when they talk about the upper extra mind against direct and I tell people, I think it's just a certain authenticity that you get from certain people, because you can tell when certain cats is just rapping versus you can't live some of the stuff that he talk about. Like when you listen to the stories that you may tell that you listen to the stories of an e or a scar face, you can kind of tell these people don't experience these things before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you can tell, you can you can?
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, I always say the nanogy of a wolf nor you know what I'm saying, Like you can tell that it's don't shake or it ain't gonna shake you.
Speaker 1: You pretty much know mm hmm yeah.
Speaker 3: With you, because I know you at one end, after you at one n after you had just dropped one of your bigger ass you well, you dropped the project when you were in jail, and while I huh, I dropped the joint when I got out and I had a rod rock get out, then I dropped, Uh, I dropped the Uh. It's an underground tape. Are you talking about the underground tape.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, okay, I dropped This is what happened.
Speaker 3: I got locked up on a robber, I got out, I got signed with Paul and Juice. Then I dropped the Underground tape. Before I dropped Getty Green, I was out. Then after I dropped Getty Green, I dropped Mister Don't Play. But in the midst of dropping Mister Don't Play, I had got locked up.
Speaker 1: For mister Don't Play came out. I had got and I got.
Speaker 3: Locked up in like seven months, and then I got back out and then that's when I did Laying SmackDown.
Speaker 1: But then when I wasn't they put they put a joint that's not called the appeal, that's not locked up because a nigga like me.
Speaker 5: You know, when I was putting out music, I was still you know, trying to even though I was still you know, affiliated to the to the streets. Uh, I didn't really much, uh give into the world of hip hop until maybe later on down the line, because even though I was putting our records and ship, I still wanted to be in the neighborhood every day.
Speaker 1: So, uh, how long did it take you to really go? Man? Let me stay out the hood and and really just focused on music.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Look really, when I got after Fad, that's what I did. I said, Nah, I can't, I can't. I can't be over there no more, I can't.
Speaker 5: Right it be calling you man, I mean the rap shit be okay, but if you still, if you, if you know you, you was true from the from the block.
Speaker 3: You like, man, I mean you be like that man, because especially I'm just I just keep it really. You know, a lot of a lot of dudes don't, but I keep it real. Like you know, I did everything in the street. I never had no a lot of money in the street like that, you know. So when you get the wrap money and then you get there, get a car, that's just like the man that's in the hood.
Speaker 1: Now you get accepted, you know what I'm saying. And then it's also it's it's the degree of full acceptance because they know you. You know what I'm saying, Like, man, we know you. So it's like man, you know and that stuff, swell your head up.
Speaker 3: It ain't number pride. It's just swear your head up bigger and bigger, and it's like you are really good, so you know you just it just be something.
Speaker 1: Man. I can't never say it's a bad feeling, because if I did, I be lying, right. I mean, it's a good feeling, man.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: And then also when you able to.
Speaker 4: You know, man, you made it.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. You know, you know where you come from. And then when you make it, then you be like, you be like ah like and people people like to see that. And I mean in a way it helps people out too, because.
Speaker 1: I mean it's just like, oh, gee, out watching you. And then you know, I said, well, shoot Brouh, I know he in the lood. I said, should Bruh made it? I can make it? You know what I'm saying exact. Yeah, it's a motivator for sure. Now, you know how you it's just like you give a square.
Speaker 3: Dude one hundred million dollars or you give a dope fiend a hundred pellion dollars, they gonna do something different with their money, you know. So it's like that with the fame thing. You know, you give a regular dude fame, a hood dude some fame. You know, it's just different. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I just.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna tell you something man, And I'd be one hundred percent honest when I say this. Man, When I first ever got locked up in my life, I had my best friend. He was never in the streets of me.
Speaker 1: A man.
Speaker 3: You know, you get wrong, you shoot a pistol, but he wasn't never in the streets. And I used to always say to myself that I should have did like my boy man, I should have did. We got a job in colleor of the day. Man, I said that, bro, because I don't want to be.
Speaker 1: Here, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Definitely, you stuff, you get the damn show thinking about your other choices when you first get them handcuff song and you throwing all shit, I can't bell out the chaarge just finna be I'm finna be sick and for a minute. So you really get to contemplation in your fucking choices.
Speaker 3: Look, especially when they judge told me thirty years that was my He said, that's the first off.
Speaker 1: But I said, huh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man. You know, man, you know, and when people get to talking like you know, like you were talking a minute, homie, you were talking about how supposed to be like you know, you know, you hear dudes, raps and you say, oh, man, yeah, he's just talking, you know.
Speaker 1: But see, you know I look at like this, you know, if it's entertainment, you know.
Speaker 3: But back in the time I grew up with the time right after like we got in, it was like right out like with NC eight after him, So it's like, you know eight like back in them days, though, gee, you had to be real, Like if it ain't real, you ain't gonna it's not gonna sell. This not gonna period. So you know, I mean it's a different time now, but you know, I don't knock it. I don't knock it because if you can make some money, you don't make your money.
Speaker 1: But I do look at it too.
Speaker 3: Like now, in the rap game, it's sad because you catch dudes that be really talented and be real dudes in the street and can make up and make a way for their homis and their family. They end up getting chilled before they even really get off.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. That's sad, bro, that's sad.
Speaker 3: But that's what I was gonna ask you, man, because Memphis is cracking right now.
Speaker 1: It's cracking. Ain't gonna lie, it's cracking. They cracked, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm talking about the positive way, because you know, you got a whole bunch of cats that kind of on picked up that man o that y'all. You know, set forth. But you got a lot of stuff they acted down there. Memphis is real active. We actually we was going come down there because I've been talking to your manager. We was actually come down there in person. Man. But I had a homeboy that got snatched out his car down there, and he was like, Man, I ain't gonna lie still you and they got a lot of stuff going on, man, But I recommend y'all, I come, man, it's dang just out here. I mean, I'm gonna keep it one hundred with you. We had now watched it. You can google it. We had more murders in LA last year. Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Oh I believe it now we did.
Speaker 3: So it's like for us to be, uh, we're a city, but it ain't nowhere near the size of the as not the second largest for that to be like that, man, Bro, it's so, it's so. But it's ignorant though. Bro, it's a lot of ignorance, you know what I'm saying. Like, and a lot of dudes down here, man, they just crying out for love. Bro crying out for love. I'm being one hundred with you. They crying out for love. And my day I had a real grandmothera nowadays, ain't no grand mamas. Grandmama smoking weed and popping pills with your grandson.
Speaker 1: It was born on in the city, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a lot of times was different with with you know, situation man. And you know, like people, you know when you got when you got situations, when you got niggas from the hoods and whatever. Uh, they're always gonna be you know, times when motherfuckers get a little active. But uh, it seems like with the generation we in now proving your yo, your act well, you know, proven your active status has become way way high with with some of that the places outside of l A. If you ask me, you don't forgive me. And like I said, I've always preached that niggas has been hard all around the globe, you know, places Memphis, Atlanta, Chicago. You know, we got these places where dudes have always been active. But now that they have the platforms and uh and uh, you know I can get my music out and you know, the thieves have been steady with with young and upcoming dudes trying to uh you know, play state status and like you said, the infensives of place where we have seen that niggas have been on I Alert active status.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, they get down down here, I publish, you didn't. They don't no games be played.
Speaker 1: They steaked up out of here. Man, they steak. Hey, they gonna do it out there like they not gonna talk about it. They gonna do it. Hey.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you something. How big is the cripping blood influenced down there right now?
Speaker 1: Oh? Bro, it's huge. Oh it's huge down here. Bro, it's huge. It's gang laying down here.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 3: One thing about down here. They gonna care like where cobro They no hybrid, hybrid, don't have it.
Speaker 1: Don't rule down here. But rule is where you come from. You know.
Speaker 3: May they acted, man? You know they get all the way down and you couldn't. You couldn't come here and somebody couldn't come here and say.
Speaker 1: You not this.
Speaker 5: I ain't hearing that, Oh no, I was just I was just speaking on that the other day, like when I grew up. Nigga, you can't what do you mean you ain't from nowhere? Motherfucker where you live at? Oh, then then you affiliated with them over there.
Speaker 1: So I get it, Like, you can't.
Speaker 5: Come down here talking about you ain't from nowhere, Nigga, You from somewhere, and and that's the way we're gonna get our status up, Nigga. We gonna get you motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the young dudes. No, man, it's like you said, it ain't about the money. It's about who did you shoot.
Speaker 5: It's about the status like that status, man is every day I'm telling that some niggas in the hood don't make money. It's it's it's not fair for take they motherfucking they claim the fame is.
Speaker 1: Nigga, I'm whipped this pistol out and shoot.
Speaker 5: At your ass and shoot any motherfucker like used to say back in the days.
Speaker 1: You know, we used to try to have a cold.
Speaker 5: You give me like you don't shoot no mamas, you don't shoot no kids or shit like that. Niggas don't have a cold today. Nigga'm'a whip this motherfucking thing out.
Speaker 1: Nigga.
Speaker 5: I'm a i'm a I'm gonna step on anything that's in front of me. I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 1: Remember women and miss said old say. He said, I'm killing kids, Mama, I don't care who else. I'm exactly.
Speaker 5: That's the mentality that our young homies got today. There is no cold I'm gonna try. If I'm whipped it out, it's gonna go at any and everybody.
Speaker 1: I don't give a fuck. Then I'm gonna get on.
Speaker 5: Then I'm gonna turn around to make a record about it and then actually talk about it, because that's the way we're gonna do it.
Speaker 3: Oh man, that's show how they moved too. Boy, they put it all on. They let you know and don't care. I'm gonna get on this record. I'm gonna tell you what kind of pistol it was us who did the shooting, how we shot him, and where the nigga fell at.
Speaker 5: I don't give look murder weapon in the video, claim the fame ball because when they come, they gonna come. And when they come, nigga, I'm gonna nigga, I'm Billy the kid nigga. I'm gonna claim the same on that nigga.
Speaker 1: Yep, we did it.
Speaker 5: Nigga, Young Tou Tou in jail right now for spraying the nigga and we love him.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna tell you something too. It's crazy down here.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you see down here, you get a O g hes gonna be about twenty six, so he gonna have he gonna have out, but he gonna have about forty shootings and when he points all forty of them, keep up thirty to one hundred rounds and he's drown. They're all gonna shoot, bro, that's how it going.
Speaker 1: The witch. Oh what this was?
Speaker 3: That's like Look, that's like bubble Gune. That's like bubble ghon. That's like Bubbam, that's like bubble gun. You didn't get the sweets like you're playing.
Speaker 1: You have to wait like you got to wait. Yeah, man, I said, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: You see, like niggas be niggas be hoping to get to that, you know, forties and fifties with old status.
Speaker 1: And like you said, this nigga's.
Speaker 5: Twenty five, twenty six, who already claiming O G This nigga from from the age from the age of T and E lamping Nigga. I've been active and been putting them work. So shit, nigga, I got a gang of them on me. So now you're gonna have the young home because you still the mentality is still young. So now get guess what the fourteen and fifteen and the nineteen year old is gonna be doing. Niggas, Their mentality is gonna be harder because you definitely have the twenty five twenty six year old nigga with a gang of shots already on you. You gonna be your mentality is gonna be nigga.
Speaker 1: Everybody active.
Speaker 5: Really, you got no word, You got no words of wisdom for a nigga at twenty five twenty six, you getting.
Speaker 1: I got no word for wisdom nigga, not not in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 5: You know, no, no, no no way, you got no word to wear nigga nigga twenty five twenty six, and he the nigga that motherfuckers is looking up to. So nigga, if I'm fifteen sixteen nigga, damn nigga, I'm spinnna be just just crazy, stupid with it and no hope for nothing.
Speaker 1: Nigga.
Speaker 5: Let me go in the studio write a rap about somebody who we done blasted on. And now nigga, I got I got, I'll look at I'll get look at real good to the homies. Because if I can hold the tool, nigga, if I could hold a mic and a strap, nigga's over.
Speaker 1: Wait.
Speaker 3: The one thing about it today in the society we in the day, these kids don't care about actual money. They care about social currency.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's it.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: So they care about social currency. Am I popping in the hood? Yeah, and my fear and my respected They don't care about money. See, you gotta remember we all a certain age, or there's everybody on the screen, in a certain age. We always cared about the money, the actual bank roll, if the pride was having a big, big bank roll in your pocket. Now they care about how many views they got, how many likes they got, how many followers they got.
Speaker 1: They don't give a damn about no money. I ain't tripping on no money.
Speaker 3: Nor Like I heard a young dude tell my partner, he said that what they do now, He said, if you're eighteen, they'll mrk. Somebody go do ten flat because down here, I don't know y'all know this night ten See you catch an aggravated charge and you get twenty thirty, it's one hundred percent. You're doing it all every bit I'm talking about you, every bit of us. So so it's like this is like if they get ten, they'll do their teens.
Speaker 1: They cool with that. They say, I'm good with that. I did my ten. I showed them, no, I'm bam. He got murdered. I did ten. I'm out. I'm good. They cool with it. They ain't tripping on that at all.
Speaker 3: But see, you got down here, it's about juvenile fifteen fourteen, and man, they getting.
Speaker 1: Right back out, right back out. Well, yeah, you go in at fifteen sixteen, nigga U ten shit you shit? You coming out niggas with og status?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the juveniles they tell me, They said, yeah, the status. That's all it is about the status. Juveniles tell me, they said.
Speaker 1: So I asked him.
Speaker 3: I said, so when y'all get out, y'all fifteen, y'all eighteen, y'all get out, can y'all go better?
Speaker 1: Gun? They said they still can go get a gun down here? I said, for really, they say they can?
Speaker 3: They say they cool. They said they never get a door still. I said, why, it's it's different, man. You know down here you could be eighteen. You don't have to have no class or none of that. You just go buy you a pistol. It's good. That's how they get out in the South. You know, out here in California, it's almost overly strict, right because you got to go through some stuff to go get a pistol. But then in a way, they because they got a cooling down period. I'm a dude to collect guns, right, So it's a cooling down period. Like if I go buy a carbeen today, I got to wait thirty days before I go buy another pistol. And they got a two week cooling down period.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't do that here. You can walk in there buy three pot bean and then next week go back three more.
Speaker 4: Mmm.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 3: And I'm all about I'm all about that Second Amendment, man, because I think it's important, you know, but you know, I think it's very important.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: I think they you know what, man, I'm what I'm starting to see, Man, I think a lot of this stuff is done on purpose, man, is done purposely. I think it's done purposely because if you notice, our communities are the ones that are impacted the most by gun violence.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 1: Off for sure, that's the show for shows.
Speaker 3: Because I know it was the one time. You know, just in talking to some of the older homies from Compton, they you know, some of the older you know, some of the real ogs ogs. They was telling me, Man, it was a time they would have trains on the train track with just carts for the weapons in them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what they do down here. They always robbing the train down here.
Speaker 4: Always.
Speaker 1: Oh that's always down there with the military train. Talking about in my days, though, it wasn't hard to get a pistol, whether it was legal or illegal. I you know, I've known or we've had several pistols. I mean that was shit. I mean.
Speaker 5: You didn't have a pistol, you was riding around in the city. You was probably dumb as fuck. I think I think the mentality we had was fuck it. I rather get caught with it and without it. You get me, because I know, in my uh, you know, days of Roman shit, I carried a pistol all the fucking time, and I didn't give a fuck if I had a case or two, I'm still carrying a fucking pistol because when you in the settings and the motherfucking facility of activity and every motherfucking game in the city is active, and you already got a fifty percent chance of not making it because half the city is crips and half the city is bloods. You getting me, then you're knocking down another twenty five percent because half of.
Speaker 1: The crypts might be you get so shit you got carrying.
Speaker 5: The fucking pistol. Then you basically acting to get hit or jacked or whatever. So we had the mentality of, like, fuck that if police bought me over, I got a strip under the seat. Oh wall, I'm going to jail tonight. You know it was it was just that you get it because it was too active. And like I said, them odds is not very good. When you game banging and ship, you got a twenty five to maybe twenty maybe ten to twenty five percent chance of making it through the day, right, I said.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 5: Your living rate, when you living in the city of activity, you got maybe a ten to twenty percent chance, twenty five percent chance of making it through the day. You gotta get you something that you gotta go, get something to eat. Some niggas want to go shopping. Some niggas you got to go to the gas station. Motherfucking got to go, you know. And in our days there wasn't this, uh you know, this fucking relaxation of having the internet to where I could just go on the phone and pay all my bills and do all lift it or you know, now I can pick and choose what gas station I can go stop at or whatever.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 5: Shit living in the land, nigga, there is nothing. You gotta go pay your bills. You gotta go to the liquor store. You gotta go get your smoke or your gear. You want to go pull up somewhere at the burger stand to eat or whatever. So your champs of living each day is making ten to twenty five percent.
Speaker 1: You get me so right there and the fat.
Speaker 3: I was just at the Homies barbecue spot. I didn't tell you, but before we went to Atlanta, I was at the Homies barbecue spot. And it happened just that quick. I heard some kids across the street. You know, I've got the park across the street from where they be at. And I heard somebody say, what's happening.
Speaker 1: Now, because.
Speaker 4: And he's dead.
Speaker 3: That tricked my wife out. But I just got my barbecue, you know, I had my pistol with me. I got my barbecue and just dropped back to the truck. You know, everybody kind of paused when it happened, but it wasn't though it used to be pile pound.
Speaker 1: That ship was prime. Oh yeah. The next thing you know, the dude is laying over there, his arm.
Speaker 3: You can see the dude's arm over here, the dude's hands in the street. My wife, that really bothered her because she was in the car and saw the whole thing, and she crying and stuff.
Speaker 1: And she asked me, she said, how's this just so regular to you? Why would like this don't bother you?
Speaker 3: And I said, man, that's just they don't go on like that. Are it happened so click? You can really lose your life, man. And the thing is with these guns that they making the day, with these switches, these kids don't they don't know how to.
Speaker 1: Shoot in the first place. They don't have control over these weapons.
Speaker 3: Man. So everybody oftentimes getting hit that they ain't got nothing to do with nothing, and these little dudes is not given a damn.
Speaker 1: Saying bro, like, the cold is different, said.
Speaker 5: Uh, like, like you said today, the cold is different because the cold is recognition. Like you said, the cold is clicks and likes, and you know and and who can see more popular as far as the age of social media goes, A lot of a lot of youngsters you know who don't have you know, because like I said, as a chy it, I once had dreams of being shit different.
Speaker 4: You get me.
Speaker 5: I didn't grow up dreaming I wanted to be Scarface or nobody like that. But as you you know, as your influences turned because of where you grow up from.
Speaker 1: You know, you you start having different uh, the different roles to take. Now, we still had dreams of becoming something normal. Just look at it to the rap game. You feel me.
Speaker 5: The youngsters don't have no I don't think you know a lot of a lot of them who grow up in the situations like we grew up in. I don't think they'll have a lot of dreams or aspirations. And when the popularity is to be.
Speaker 1: You know, a hard nigga from the block.
Speaker 5: Uh, your aspirations and dreams turn the different ship. You know, if I could be known as the nigga who always you know, getting into it, or I'm the rough rider nigga, or I'm a nigga that's always blasting on that nigga that gets you a.
Speaker 1: Different kind of acceptance and around the neighborhood. You feel me, you.
Speaker 5: Get you don't want to be you know, good with the nigga who's known for pulling and drawing and busting on niggas and jack and niggas and whatever.
Speaker 1: Whatever. You get me, so your popularity rises as a youngster with that type of ship on you. That's real, that's super real. Yeah they are.
Speaker 3: Now, that's that's what they that's what they're going for. It's like you said, like, it's no aspiration, it's no dreams, it's no won to have nothing. It's just even even bro it even be like that, like when they approach the rap game. They don't look at no work in the game. They just say, I'm gonna make a song, blow up and get all the money. Yeah, be in a studio smoking all day and just get money.
Speaker 1: I mean them.
Speaker 5: Then My records are basically about my aggression in the hood and who I want to hear that, and who I want to jump on and who I want to kill and nigga niggas from mishood or if you any of whose niggas from the street.
Speaker 1: We got beef with you niggas, and we go. You know, it's a lot of that going on now.
Speaker 5: And like I said, doctors say that niggas didn't have a beast or this has been rap, I mean, because we seeing that going right now. But it's a different it's a different aspect. When it's neighborhood, it orientated. You get me, U, and a lot of that is in in the A lot of that is in some of the youngster shit you get me. A lot of them is just want to stand up for their neighborhoods, show you where they from, and nigga would kill anything.
Speaker 1: Moving if you're from over the ship. And that's how that's what we're gonna rap about. We're gonna rap about it. You know.
Speaker 5: We ain't gonna rap about the appoint or niggas over there and poverty and were just trying to make some money to get out and we need to do this or whatever.
Speaker 1: Nigga, we're gonna rap about. Nigga. We the hardest niggers.
Speaker 5: Nigga will light you up and watch these switches come through and Nigga, we just and we go. And if you from over there, nigga, you might get smoked tonight. And then we're gonna name a couple of your homiess that got killed. That's how we're gonna do it today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's dang. Go over. I'm thinking about nothing but what you're thinking about. You know what I'm saying. You bet that way.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, that you ain't thinking about nothing but what you're thinking about. But you know it's sad though, man. But a lot of dudes, I'm gonna tell you something. A lot of dudes that you see with the tents on their face, and a lot of.
Speaker 1: Dudes that be any for real and deep deep in it. Man, they just looking for love, bro, and they never got none. They had no chance to have no love.
Speaker 3: And they looking at it like I see a man want to be a appreciate it in the sense of a man's weight, you know what I'm saying. And if I'm a kid and I never had a daddy. My daddy he an ex gang member and he locked up. And then my mom she she's smoking weed with my O G and snick having sex with her. I mean you think in your mind this is life, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So you never experienced, you know, especially not I go eat deeper with it when mama boyfriend the slick touched you or something when you were six.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we ain't talking. Girls were talking dudes. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And this is what you be seeing when you be you know, seeing these little guys out here, and a lot of times, man, you know, it's them crying out like I'm a man.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Like, let them crying out saying, look, man, I'm a man.
Speaker 3: So they see the men that they look up to doing it like you know, twenty five twenty they moving like that, so they think that's what's up, you know what I'm saying. And then it's like the acceptance, the acceptance of hey man, I got somebody man out here that's messing with me for real, like calling me a brother man. And you know, especially in you, you got a lot of dudes that grow up in the house with number of women, and man, when they get out here, they that's how it be, you know what I'm saying. And it's no, it's no guidance. It's nobody showing them. Hey bro, you ain't got to kill nobody.
Speaker 4: Bro, you need to do this. You need to do that.
Speaker 3: He don't know that, you know what I'm saying, He don't know nothing about that like he you know, and I'm pretty sure like you said, you had dreams aspirations. Man, meet us as well. When you look at folks, you'd be like the young dudes. Man, they not all crazy like everybody. They do crazy stuff, Maten, talk to them. They're not slow, they not dumb. Lot of'em be smart. But I'm gonna give you a good scenario. I'm gonna show you something. When I was a kid, I was smart. I had a mama, I had a daddy.
Speaker 1: I was smart.
Speaker 3: A lot of my people around me, my dudes around me, and my homework, they was They was real slowly, mumbos, was on crack and all that.
Speaker 4: So I used to dummy myself down to be cool with them. In a sense of this.
Speaker 3: They wanted to be cool with me regardless, but I used to dumby myself down because it was like I knew they didn't understand. You know, you want to get to seem like you were too smart, because if you if you're too smart, it's like you don't fit in.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You the fucking you, the hodball, you, the eyeball, the smart dumby myself down on they level so that they could so that they could understand and accept me at the same time this real business.
Speaker 4: I did that. But I mean there and that's.
Speaker 5: That's crazy to say, because I think you know, like I said, my mom's wasn't a dope thing.
Speaker 1: She worked every day.
Speaker 5: My father worked in a General Motors plant for fucking thirty years. I chose to sell dope and get you get me because I wanted to be accepted amongst my peers on the block I was living on.
Speaker 3: You give me nothing had the good drub. One second, it wasn't preer pressure that made you do that. You wasn't pushed in it.
Speaker 4: This is what you chose.
Speaker 1: You just said that. You said he chose.
Speaker 4: And that's why a lot of people don't get to be thinking, oh man, you.
Speaker 1: Know that happens, but that's rare.
Speaker 4: They don't.
Speaker 1: You don't.
Speaker 3: You don't even want nobody around you that you're pushing into nothing. Really, especially back in our day. You gotta be you gotta be fuddies like you gotta be with this.
Speaker 1: You can't be.
Speaker 3: Like, what's what's what's what's that. Uh, boys in the hood, do let me out. But you never got in the car, no, you know what.
Speaker 5: I'm like that exactly like he don't. Damn well, he shouldn't have been in the car in the first place. You, Like you said, he wanted to dumb itself down for a minute and be like, well fuck that, yeah, man, give me a strapping. We finn to go ride on these niggas, and then the niggas sitting there, and he get to contemplating because first of all, I was raised by good parents.
Speaker 1: I was shown the right way. Both moms and pops worked.
Speaker 5: Okay, we wasn't fortunate enough to live in the better side of town because basically that's what a lot of black people had to go through, you know, moving moving from where, you know, moving from the south and trying to go or relocate or whatever.
Speaker 1: You still had to live like middle class for something. You get me.
Speaker 5: And our middle class was moving the place like content because you wasn't living in the fucking projects or some shit like that. But still you going to school or your block is infested with you know, the homies.
Speaker 4: Those are your friends, and like you said, they're they're.
Speaker 1: They're probably not as fortunate as you are. You get me. I got a bite.
Speaker 5: I got a bite for Christmas, I got toys. Some of my friends didn't get that as kids, but we still hung out every day. You get me, and those are the friends who you know, turn to the wicked evil side and like you said, do you know, cause, man, it's wrong to jack a nigga or stick a nigga up, or it's wrong to do that, but you still like ship these the niggas I'm with.
Speaker 1: This is my this is where I'm from. So fuck it, I'm gonna be from the hood. I'm not gonna be.
Speaker 5: No fucking positive ass role model, ass motherfucker. I'm goin to get me a sack of strap and I'm finna get the end of the block with the rest of the homies.
Speaker 1: You get me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so the.
Speaker 5: There is again you know those like you said, that's the choice that we that we made.
Speaker 1: Just like you. Still you came out here, you know, to play football. Niggas was like, nigga, you be from the hood, nigga, fucking you serving with us, you walking around with us, You gotta heat with us, So why not just be from the hood. But you made the choice to go. Now, I'm not gonna do that shit. Y'all still cool with me, y'all the homes and shit, but I'm gonna make the choice. Because you know, you came you.
Speaker 5: You was fortunate that when you came from Cleveland, you didn't have to deal with the young pressures of niggas pressuring you or you feeling like you had to do that type of shit. You was already sent. You was already sent. You give me, y'all already said. Because I came out here at seventeen. I think it's seventeen.
Speaker 3: I believe the father moved out here at twelve or eleven or something like that.
Speaker 1: It probably have been different. But all I saw, man, when I came out here, I saw.
Speaker 3: The repercussions of certain stuff because at the time I came out here ate it was really active. It was a lot different than the deals. Now, people wasn't playing. It was repercussions. If you put your hands on somebody, it was a repercussion. If you stood on somebody blocked that wasn't yours and you was taking some money out of their pocket, they was gonna come and air it out. So it was certain repercussions, and I said, man, I'm not really trying to fool with this. And I wanted to say the biggest thing I see with these dudes, especially the dudes that I guess that you would call the gunners, A lot of those guys suffered from unresolved trauma like that mentioned earlier. They might have had to step down. That was touching on. They might beat on because a lot of them things and I'm finding it and I didn't find it.
Speaker 1: I got much older, A lot of them things that we call whoopings.
Speaker 3: Was abuse abuse, Yeah, and mom, swoll onoll.
Speaker 4: Yeah, great, I got.
Speaker 5: I got me a couple of whoopings, nigga, that to play with. If you need some fucked up ship you was getting whooped off. I don't give a fu Yeah, Mom, grab mono, grab well.
Speaker 1: The switches off the tree, nigga.
Speaker 5: You definitely going to school the next day with a couple of wheelps on your arms and all your legs.
Speaker 1: But nobody quested me at school and been like, hey, what happen with that home ship? They can tell the fuck in a bit. I got a whoop it that a ship? Okay?
Speaker 3: Then, man, just at the switches keep it at the shoes, at the at the extincsion cores, at the broad.
Speaker 1: Look at mom's and them wasn't p moms and unteasing them from my generation. They weren't playing with your ass.
Speaker 5: You catch a whooping in a minute and for something, I don't know what the fuck for, nigga, I'll get fuck nigga. You didn't do your homework at school, Nigga, I don't know. Your room wasn't clean. You you gave you you tried to talk back or something. You got your ass whop. I don't get You're gonna stay in line, nigga. You ain't finna be one of these crazy.
Speaker 1: Ass you know.
Speaker 5: But I said, you know, you grow up and then you start getting a little courage and then then whoopings don't really mean shit, no more so you. But yeah, we was disciplined with whoopings. Like you said, some of that shit might have been child abuse, but it wasn't. It was It wasn't froud to paul back then because that was the way all people. That was the way all people disciplined us when we did some fileshit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know what, a lot of us man had roots in the South right, because all my family on my brand, on my dad's is from Memphis.
Speaker 1: You lay from Orange mind, and they made their way up to Ohio.
Speaker 3: And I think that's how they got raised by their parents because my stepdaddy was from Mississippi. My stepdaddy was from Tupelo, Mississippi. And it's the way that he shows you he loved you was by making sure your ass had something to eat and were by making sure you had clothes on your back.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't no talking back.
Speaker 3: If you talk back, you was gonna fill his rapt Even as far as him going to pull that little duke's juice out on your ass when you got a little bit bigger and thought you had some nuts, he still on your ass and say, hey, listen, you.
Speaker 1: Go respect me in my household. So that was his main thing. Respect.
Speaker 3: And like Pat, I think you doing some good stuff man down there with the community. But I want to talk to you a little bit about this rap stuff.
Speaker 1: Man. We are against the rap chronicles. Man.
Speaker 3: And one of the biggest debates I always had with people is because your style is really rich.
Speaker 1: No, who is your influence man? Who is your info? Ones?
Speaker 4: Man? Really be honest with you. Who I used to listen to was like like NWA scyt face, too short, MCA.
Speaker 3: Like dad and I, you know what I'm saying, and I and I and I really listened to like ghetto boys and and Willie D. But far as the style, you know, Like I came up out of Memphis right after a ball mj G. So I used to listen to a ball and I'm like and I used to be like, I ain't balling them a super hard, you know.
Speaker 1: And my brother, Juicy J.
Speaker 3: My brother, he used to always like tell me, like, man, you gotta come with like a different style. So I just sat back and I just would just come up with stuff I would just because like I grew up around dudes who was like always talking slick, you know what I'm saying, Like like uh, you know, like Pimpson, you know, little slick dudes. There was around pimps, and they used to be like, you know, pimp player, baby layer. You know what I'm saying, you know, uh, you know stuff like that. So I would take what I heard and I would just say, oh and I make it a style. Like I say, like I hear something and I make it a style and then I got so I really got so good at it that man. I used to listen to a lot of Tupac, a lot of Tupac, like when Tupac had them underground tape, some underground CDs, and I used to go to LA and when I they was only like mainly sold in LA because they wasn't in Memphis or they wasn't another places where I used to go. So when I used to be in l A, I used to always find a person on the street corner sending them CDs. And I used to buy every I used to give me, give me, give me all the bottles you got, give me all of them. And I used to take that and I used to listen to them styles and I used to flip them around. So it's just like man, I just and I just came up with that style. And when I first did that, that little panto style I had, it was on this song don't called Wanna Bees with three Season Market and uh it was.
Speaker 4: I did it on Getty Green. I did it on Getty Green.
Speaker 3: And then it was this this song called Wanna Bees that they had out and when they when they Wanna Bees came in, I said the hook I had made the hook up and then I wrapped h I think I rapped last on there, and I just came with that be y'all play up like me. And I kept coming with that, and then like people was like really liking it when we was like at the shows, you could see that people would turn up when their style would come in. And so when I did it, I said, you know what, I said, I'm gone. I said, I'm gone and roll with that. So I just I said, I'm gonna make that like, uh, I'm gonna put that in. I don't want to put in everything, but I said, I'm gonna burn it up. But I said, and that's really probably the reason why one of the reasons why it's still standing to be because I.
Speaker 1: Ain't burn it up, like I ain't put it in everything.
Speaker 3: So then I had to start coming with all different kinds of styles like then one thing about like down South like but we used to hear like like down South at that time. Our our songs, we had to flow like you had to flow on the song. You had to stay with the beat and flow. So I used to have to like.
Speaker 4: To come in, come out, come in, come out like we had to do that, whereas like East Coast, they beach was like like hop and skipping, like.
Speaker 3: See we see to us, that was easy to us, that's easy. That's like that's too easy. So we we we so we had to make a float with it. So like everybody used to be like then I said, see that's how that's it. And see like when we do it, we just once we catch the flow, like.
Speaker 4: It ain't hard.
Speaker 3: You got here to be, once you're here to beat, you just jump in. We jump right into it and just get the flowing with it and then get to come in and like you know, partlem with they make the beach like slow up, change up. Then we'll slow the rap, change the wrap around, flip you know what I'm saying, and still be talking about what we're talking about. I don't know, man, we just it's just a way we called on to it. But that's how like when I when I did it, I had said I'm not to come with like different styles because that's what my brother he he he gave me it.
Speaker 1: So I was just like, yeah, that's what I'm gonna do. I'm about to come different.
Speaker 3: Because that's the only way you're gonna stand out if you're different, you know, and yeah, you gotta be different, like if you like I'm ain't, I ain't saying this like you know uh uh uh by m C eight. But like when I first heard mc A, m c A was totally different. That's what made me like him so much because I was just like, man, who is this dude? Repend mad, rep real slow and his voice deep, he dog, he talking, he talking some.
Speaker 4: Goods way, what do you want to dude?
Speaker 3: And they just made he just you know what I'm saying. He just to me, he stood out, you know what I'm saying. And when you do that, you stand out.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Right, you gotta do something distinctive and not just be along with everybody else's ship, because you know, rap at one time everybody was trying to you know, and they still do it today, motherfuckers to jump on one ship and everybody want to do it. You give me because they see it as the they see it as the dollar sign ship. You give me, Oh well he need so let me get me exactly the way.
Speaker 1: But now.
Speaker 5: Your own and and you know, people know it's you as soon as you put a record on. Motherfuckers go oh yeah, man, I know who that is. That's my ship. So that's that's where you you know, you kind of win that, you know in this hip hop game when you can be yourself, you feel me and not have to be what everybody.
Speaker 1: Else is doing.
Speaker 3: In fact, yeah for real, And I'm really into lyricism. You've been killing them features dog. I was just telling the Homely Glasses a loan that we was talking. I said, man, you know Project Pact being getting on these records lately and really been gassed.
Speaker 4: Hey man, think better man. You can't let no better do you. Man, you gotta go.
Speaker 3: You gotta be a work potential, always good man ship. So it is you can't like I can't come behind no m c A versus on a little something. I gotta pull the I gotta pull the whole, fit the round, hunting around drum bat man. I got to go, bro, I can't I need a flamethrow. I can't a missile.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 5: Don't to me when you don't, like you said, when you don't burn yourself out or when you don't burn your ship out, you able to do that on a lot of ship you get me. You could pull some ship up out like niggas be like, damn, where the fuck that ship come for? That nigga was gasing on some ship.
Speaker 1: I feel like.
Speaker 5: When you don't make yourself, when you don't make yourself accessible to everybody, you feel me because you know, you get a lot of motherfuckers hit you up. They won't your style and want your ship on their on their records, and sometimes you got to pass on a lot of ship.
Speaker 1: But that's that's why I tell Stell.
Speaker 5: You know, you make yourself not accessible to everybody, that's what a lot of motherfuckers want to fuck with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know you.
Speaker 3: Huh You ever had one of those moments pat to where you just gassed on somebody so bad they record that they wound up not putting it out. Oh man, it's it's ain't. I ain't being like it's going on. It's somebody. I mean, I told my cool and I said, man, bro gonna put he probably gonna, I said, be putting.
Speaker 4: I ain't gonna have to go back and change verse.
Speaker 3: I burnt him. And it's the crazy part. I don't even think I heard his verse. I don't think I heard his verse. Something tells about me man like rep too easy, bro, Like I don't even look at it like that.
Speaker 1: I just go in, like I just go.
Speaker 3: That's my whole thing is just go in, like don't even don't even think. I don't want to hear you what you did. I don't care to me to be let me go first. If you start off, I don't care. I don't care because to me, it's too easy to do.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And you know, and I mean man like like like I'm gonna show you something like like you right about making yourself accessible because you was on that you was on that one they kench Lamar that jone when he had dropped And when I see MG was on there, I said hate on here. See because because I hadn't heard eight in a minute, I said hate on here so I would listen. I said, oh man, you keep that joint. You in on that joint, but you came just like you come. And I was like, yeah, but nah, that's real though, bro, like in the game, like like you can't burn yourself up and you can't, uh, I mean, you know, you know with money on the tape, you gotta get the money, you know, you know what I'm saying, but you don't want to. You definitely don't want to burn yourself up. Like like you know what I'm saying, Like, I know people do that, and when you do do that, you don't have a long run. Your run ain't gonna be that long, cause it's gonna be like man, dude, got forty joints like I.
Speaker 4: I just listen to them all joints like I already heard, like you know, yeah, you don't wanna burn yourself out.
Speaker 1: But I repetitious. I tell y'all this right here though, bro, Like I kind of as a real blessing.
Speaker 3: People asked me and said, man, how y'all because people be simplingized stuff, redoing our stuff, the styles all that.
Speaker 4: Bro, I never seen that coming to one hundred million years. I've never seen that coming. And my whole thing, I never saw it.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: I just I just was like, I just I just did what I did. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I spoke on what I spoke on, I spoke about what I knew, and I just said, man, you know, and you know, people say, hell long, y'all think y'all just gonna go out someding. We just gonna ride into the gas ride out, and then you know when the gas ride out, then that's that on that, you know. But bro, it was just wild because I was just in. I was just in I was just in Chicago. I was just in Lance in Michigan.
Speaker 1: I was just in UH.
Speaker 4: I was just in Hampton, Virginia. I was just in d c uh Hampton, Virginia, DC last weekend and.
Speaker 3: May was sold out. Every last one was sold out. It really baffles me. Man, I'd be saying it's gotta be a blessing from the Lord because I said, bro, because I was doing these sames.
Speaker 4: I'm talking the money.
Speaker 3: The money then shot all the way up like it's like now, it's like people want to hear like the older stuff.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, hey, man, look I just take it as it come. If y'all have what you want, cool, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you, cheese and dope is my ship.
Speaker 4: Are you messed with that?
Speaker 3: I've messed with cheese and dope. I've messed with a whole bunch of stuff because I'm in the styles. I don't like people like if I hear somebody in the fake trying to sound like m C eight or fake trying.
Speaker 1: To I can't mess with it. I can't do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah I could brom gonna keep wanting. I definitely could. I don't like I like to hear it, not even just that, Like like say you from Cleveland, right, but then you rapping and say you rapping with eight? Then you rapping and you get the no I'm talking about you, but you you grew up and raised in Cleveland. Say you've been in LA maybe two years and now you about LA like' I don't like. You can't do that here, Like you can't come to Memphis and you be from Cleveland and then you rap it. It wouldn't even sound like a person to do that. Why would you do that? Like I want to hear about Cleveland. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I want to hear that.
Speaker 4: I want to hear they. I want to hear the Cleveland swag. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I like, yeah, I can't even you know what I'm saying. I mean unless you rerap in a song where you're talking about you came down there and you know this what you saw and this what we had was moving all right? Well, I can accept that, but don't let me hear everything you talking about this and now all of a sudden you comped and thisic.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I thought dude was from Cleveland.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And I've been like and theyve tell you. I've been out here since nineteen eighty eight. Bro, I still tell people I'm from Cleveland, Ohio. I live in California, and I love California. This's my own got a lot of friends, he got a lot of family out here. But I am from Cleveland. My roots are from Cleveland, Ohio. I'm a Midwest cat. You feel what I'm saying, And I think that I think we have to keep our We gotta stay true to ourselves in this culture. Bro, you got you can appreciate somebody's stuff because I did Memphis. I love Memphis sound. I think Memphis got a very unique sound. Just like when I first heard MC, it was different. That's what drew me to him, because everybody else is rapping on dun dunt dun't, dun't, dun't don't, And he came with the slow minis and beats. They sounded like like like some way was about to get murdered. Like we're driving around the neighborhood and looking for somebody. My promise, Man, that man was serious?
Speaker 1: Yeah for real?
Speaker 3: Man, Well, ma'am, I know you got a lot of stuff going on, man, and I appreciate you coming on the show. Man. I've been trying to make this happen for a minute before. Man, what's your favorite project you don't ever done? Like, what's your coldest project? I'm a pause the song Chicken here, that's the one that sold the most. You know, I'm a number I don't cheese. Yeah, I gotta go with that. I mean, I gotta go with that because that's that's what so the most. I mean, you know what I'm saying. If it was you know something else, you know I say something else, but mister, yeah, I mean, hey man, I'm gonna tell you something. It was like I said, it was different. It was different.
Speaker 4: And when I when when I had did it, I didn't even know it was gonna go. See this. This This is how I mean.
Speaker 3: And you know if she mean you know, like when you're doing something, you'll be like it's hard, but you don't like I don't know like if it's gonna go. I got people around me saying, man, this this is it. I said, well, shoot, put it out. You know what I'm saying. I'm just like, okay, put it out.
Speaker 1: What you do? You kid me? You don't know. You don't distinguish a hit from one song to the other. Nigga is just what I do.
Speaker 5: If y'all as the fans and people on the outside, it's like, oh, that's it right there.
Speaker 1: You gonna be like, you know, that's it.
Speaker 5: Like you know, you was getting a lot of motherfucking you know, with the with the social media, was getting a lot of hits for the fucking on TikTok with your others, with your songs and shit, everybody was fucking I'm looking up. I'm like, man, they banging my nigga pat song and shit, it's probably some ship that they can fuck with when it dropped, like or not. Got niggas who really fuck with your music. So yeah, it's crazy how you know people are resort back to the good old shit. You get me, niggas make good music. You can't deny it.
Speaker 1: Ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's really what it is.
Speaker 3: I mean, Like and then, like we were talking about the social media and stuff, like in a sense, it's good because it's like, bro, like on some real business, somebody could listen to your first album you ever made right now on TikTok YouTube and then all of a sudden they do a little dance to something you've gone viral, and all of a sudden you getting calls and everything, like you getting calls like hey, hey, hey, did people stap into your music? Hey hey man, we want to we want to book you here and we want you like this is crazy, but I mean this the world we living in, man, it's a better thing. Huh.
Speaker 1: How often you going to road? Man?
Speaker 4: I be on the road all the time. I got bro.
Speaker 3: But see I do I do a lot of like speaking in the prisons now. So like like as far as like shows like bro, I be I be booked up, bro, like I be booked up.
Speaker 1: Lacking food like like like I recently.
Speaker 4: Just really slowed down.
Speaker 3: Just I'm talking when I say recently, were talking about just last week, like I was booked up last week week for that week for that Like you know what I'm saying. Like, but I just I just recently slowed up because I got so many uh the books are going into the prisons and juveniles like I gotta go like I got I been Damn, I gotta go to Indianapolis. I gotta go to I gotta go Indianapolis. I gotta go to uh uh what was the Mississippi? I gotta go to after here in Texas, I gotta go to Texas. I gotta go to uh uh, Knoxville. It's a place outside Knoxville. Is a juvenile outside of Noxville. I got like I got like living spots. I gotta go to this month already, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So like, I've been gonna roll a lot. I've been rolled a lot as far as like you with the other stuff.
Speaker 3: Man, you stay busy, man, you stay cracking and doing something. Man, I wanted just one more question, man, good, I can tell you one thing that the people ain't never seen before heard before. Man, I would really man love to see you when they do a record. Dog, I think that'll be the Colvid shiver.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you something, man. My my wife one of the biggest MCA fans ever. She wanted the biggest.
Speaker 1: MCA man, bro I love to I love.
Speaker 3: Don't too much prop because he had Miss Brown to cuts me out and one to come back on the show because you know, Aight is really a eight is really at his core a common man. He don't like being looked at, no type of light. He just a regular dude, he said, Man, just treat me like you treating mebody else. Treat me like a regular dude. Yeah, that's all you can get. You can't ask for no more ship, you feel me, just just the respect and the common man ship. And I think that go a lot of you know, that go a long way with people when you don't have that, you know, that conceded mind state or attitude or oh Nigga, I did this, or Nigga I acted in this, or Nigga.
Speaker 1: I made this.
Speaker 5: So I'm like, Nigga, I did what I did because that's what I was supposed to do. Now on the outside of that, I put my pants on just like you, nigga, and you know, go to the gym.
Speaker 1: Hit the weights just like you, and wake up and just regular. So you know, that's what it is. That's all you can ask for, you know, at the end of today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then you know, sometimes man like you want to be like that's the only thing that's the only thing with this, with this.
Speaker 1: Stuff that came with it, that fan stuff. I wasn't all that I used to be. Like, man, just exactly.
Speaker 3: Like you know, you be on, you know, especially like when you don't know a person and you don't be knowing what they own, and you you know, I had I had to get out of that parento at first stuff. I had to get out of there, thank God. But you know, it's like, you know, you don't want to you ain't tripping on taking no picture. I mean that's nothing, but I mean, you know, it's just like you know, you ain't when you ain't used to something like that, it makes you be like, man, what you are?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: You know, like I give you a scenario like and when I say this, I'm not trying to glorify me, because if I would have did this, man, that had been the dumbest thing I did.
Speaker 4: In my life.
Speaker 3: So when I first got on, I was out here on the north side of the city, and I was at this I was leaving out of a grocery store and so I'm walking the uh you know, cause I used to, you know, go here, but I'm really going here because I know who I am and i know I'm in the run. Into me some nice looking young ladies. You know what I'm saying. When I'm pushing the car. It's a little dude in front of me, and he walking real slow, and he looking like he's trying to slow up, like he gonna turn around and.
Speaker 1: Pull a scrap out.
Speaker 3: Well, I got a nine in my back pocket, so I put my I take the naw out safety off. The man walks, the man turns around. I'm pulling the gun up. I'm gonna pop this dude. And he say, Man, I want to get an autoground. I said, And like, you know, if anybody know about shooting a gun, we ain't gonna criminate, our says, But you know, it's a it's a certain kind of fear adrenaline, Like I'm really gonna have to do this because I'm thinking, this is what this dude is on. I mean, because no, people at Memphis, we don't we don't get close around you.
Speaker 4: We don't do that.
Speaker 3: That's like I'm not finna walk up somewhere. And you know they talking about COVID and all that. Man, we don't play them type of games because when somebody get up on you, they can put something up on you. They pull out and pull a scrap out of anything. You know what I'm saying, like, ain't nobody stick you with and anything like, bro, you ain't fnna get up on me and won't play that.
Speaker 1: So when I seen dudes slowing up, I said, what's wrong this food?
Speaker 3: And so then I just grabbed the stuff about the thing or I don't know if I was still pushing the baths and I can't remember, but I know I had reached for the for the nine and man, I take y'all and I pulled it up, and it's like I'm like, like, I'm really finna have to shoot this dude, Like this dude is crazy because you mean, people are crazy out here. Man, I'm feel burn dude right there in a lot. And then it's like I told dude, I said, bro, I said, bro, you trip being bro? He was like what Man, I just wanted to get out, I said, But see he was looking. You know if somebody, okay, say you walk out of somewhere and a dude looking suspicious, come on, we're gonna think what is this fall out? Because see I'm not you got to understand I'm not registering the project pat stuff all the way yet I'm still thinking.
Speaker 4: I'm like a regular dude.
Speaker 5: Like you know what I'm saying, like just nigga, So ship, this could be a this could be the opposition, they could be anything.
Speaker 3: I could you could have. Man, you stood on my cousin some years ago.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm gonna shoot you.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't know, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So I'm paranoid and at that time, I'm super paranoid. So man, I'm I'm like and I'm like, man, I'm tripping to this is the crazy part.
Speaker 1: I'm on parole.
Speaker 3: I'm you know what I'm saying. I don't supposed to have no gun, I don't supposed to. Yeah, I'm bro, I'm all the way in to the to the to the negative.
Speaker 4: But I'm not. I'm not. I'm not you know what I'm saying. I'm not thinking, Bro, I'm not.
Speaker 3: And you know, like it's it's it's it's really messed up, man, because you know and just like he said, man, you know if we just say this the myphics, you know, back my day, you say I'm a man for anything, you know what I'm saying. So it's like, man, you know, like yeah, you know I have some my homemianes and stuff, my cousin, they'll.
Speaker 4: Be around me. But you know, I do what I want to do. I'm a man for anything. You know what I'm saying. I'm gonna do it myself. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like, but you know that ain't to wait on you know what I'm saying. And uh, you live and by the grace of God.
Speaker 4: And you learn.
Speaker 1: So I lived and I learned, and I like, man, you know what.
Speaker 4: Man, looksten man, I advise everybody.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: You know, sometime man, you know, you be in a situation. You know, especially in the hood, you could just jump in the car, young dudes. You just jump in the car and one of the young dudes jump in the car and they homeboy, got beef there. I gonna tell them, did they get to shoot on the car? They throw you the gun? I mean your life and that you don't you just gonna shoot? You get you know, messed up situations. But if any some things I say this, some things you can't avoid, you know what I'm saying. But if you can avoid by all means, if you see some already that may happen, or you think some that nigga like you know, you said, Man, something told me don't get in the car with brother now because I knew. You know what I'm saying, don't do it, man, because with that be bro, that be God warning you. That really be God talking to you through your conscience.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I mean a quick scenario.
Speaker 4: You know how sometime when.
Speaker 3: You be like you know back in your days, you ever did something wrong, you be like, man, I already know it's gonna be bad, but you carry out to act anyway, like if you know it's gonna be bad, pump the brakes on it and think, think, think, stop saying oh wait.
Speaker 4: A minute, whit man, wait man, wait man, wait minute.
Speaker 3: I don't I probably need to step away from this because it don't make you less of a man.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. I always tell.
Speaker 3: Dudes, you know, we call uh, you know, gangs down here, myth we call them mobs. I don't know, y'all. Man said the same thing we call the mob. I said, Man, if you in the mob, you know what I'm saying, Like, okay, you in the mob, but just.
Speaker 4: Cause you choose not to shoot that gun, or you choose not to jump in the car with this or it's your choice.
Speaker 3: I mean, you still that same person if you squirrel up and get you a job and live you a life free and not in prison, get you an Instagram model, and get you some kids in a car. That don't mean yeah, you might have squirreed up a little bit far as like you ain't as active, but it don't mean you won't get active.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. So you know what I'm saying, Yeah, you a main still like you. Don't you steal that same person? You know what I'm saying. And I just I tell dudes that, especially young dudes.
Speaker 3: That's like, you know, when you fourteen fifteen, then when you turn sixteen seventeen, you think different, you know what I'm saying. So that's what you know a lot of young dudes, man, I be telling them that, Like, bro, you ain't you start thinking about real life when you turn seventeen eighteen?
Speaker 4: Everybody do. I don't care who you is, don't car what you're doing.
Speaker 3: You could be a fool out here, and you got some fools out here, but majority you're gonna be thinking like I'm seventeen eighteen, man, what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 4: I'm finna be twenty I'm finna be twenty one. Like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You start thinking different, bro, And when you do that, what that is is you're maturing. So you need to just say to yourself for a second, Hey, look hold up, man, do I want to be eighteen facing fifty years of life centers.
Speaker 4: On death row? Or do I want to be out here free? You know what I'm saying, having me some fun? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like, Bro, you gotta you You got to make a choice. You gotta stop for a many thinks, because my thing is this right here. At the end of the day, man, you steal who you is, whatever choice you make in life, if you make a bad choice or you make a good choice, you still that same dude when it was fourteen fifteen with shooting it gun and you steal a man, and.
Speaker 4: You still handle your business.
Speaker 3: Now now you have the choice of how you handle your business or or or how far you're gonna take the business.
Speaker 4: You see what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying, it's in your hands.
Speaker 4: You don't want to, Yeah, you don't have to jump out in that porch.
Speaker 1: And bah black black like you.
Speaker 4: Said, what dude, say what up?
Speaker 1: Come black?
Speaker 4: Come on, man, you ain't got to do that.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: If somebody owe you some money, if you feel like you've been disrespected, man, take a breathe for a minute and think about it.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Because man, like, is it worth your fruits? Your future? You know what I'm saying. And that's what a lot of dudes. Man, they don't. They don't.
Speaker 3: They don't when you I made a bad decision one time. I went and robbed this place of business. If I could take it back, I would because when I got the time, I ended up getting nine years.
Speaker 4: I can't get that time back.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: That time gone.
Speaker 3: But see it's like in the hell and the problem to what twenty twenty one, I got great hair in my head, like I'm ninety years old, worried about thirty years.
Speaker 4: Dese folks trying to give me. I'm trying to give them to come down, and I ain't.
Speaker 1: Ain't.
Speaker 3: It ain't about the prison, so to speak. You know what I'm saying. It ain't about that. It's about the time. It's about you know you can you a man.
Speaker 4: You can go in there. You can do it and come out.
Speaker 3: You know you ain't. Ain't nobody going you straight. You gotta hell your business. You get in there, hell of your business. But that ain't the part I'm talking about. I'm talking about being in there, man, and you gotta go to bed at nine and eight, locked down for thirty days.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: One time I was in both my texas. Man, we was locked down for so long.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm talking about man, it was bringing them blooney sandwiches, people throwing them in the garbage, man, blodea. And it ain't ain't let you know the inmate. The inmates run to jail. They ain't let nobody have to clean up or nothing. It's thinking in there man, flies. And I'm talking about bro like like like, ain't no visits you do on lockdown. I'm talking about bro. I really I saw American me when I was younger. I never I never experienced it because I'm from Tennessee. So that's that's like a California thing.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: Getting to both my texas. Oh yeah, oh it's going down like that. I got the books and everything wrapped around me like like like like a bulletproof vest, like you know what I'm saying, locking the lock, the hece, pigs in the in the window, all that, Like it's real.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Now, it's like, now, don't get it twisted. It's it's gangster as a fool in our city jail. But I never experienced that with other race of people because Memphis at the time when I grew up was mainly African American. But now you know, it's more Latinos now down here. But when I was about my text, that's all it was, you know what I'm saying. I was just like, man, I had never experienced that before. But I'm talking about man, I'm talking about every day. See, I tell the truth.
Speaker 4: I'm not. I don't have to fake nothing because I lived it.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: I'm praying every day my homeboys, don't get into it with nobody, cause I know I got a riot and I don't want a ride.
Speaker 4: I want to go home.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I'm saying every d.
Speaker 3: I'm like, man, lord, please don't let them get into it.
Speaker 4: And I'm talking about every day, Bro, this is the truth. Cause if it go down Bro, I gotta go. And did it go down? Of course it did.
Speaker 3: But I mean, you know, I was fortunate, you know what I'm saying, it wasn't as bad, but I mean it got bad on them lockdowns. Oh shoot, man, it got bad, bro. And I'm just saying, like, who wants to live that for thirty years?
Speaker 1: Fifty years?
Speaker 4: Who want to be death row?
Speaker 3: Will you come out in the cage and work out for a hour and you got to go back in there.
Speaker 4: For twenty three and one? Man? No, man, I don't want that. Man straight on that I've been in the hole. I don't want that. I've been in the whole. I don't want that.
Speaker 1: There ain't no way to live for sure, man, Cool that for sure ain't no where to live. Man. Well, man, we appreciate you though.
Speaker 4: Hey man, Look it's all love.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I appreciate y' all. Man, We appreciate you. We definitely gonna have to get this in in person. Man, and we gonna be in text man about that other stuff. Man say indeed and then man, make it happen. Man, Look, I'm with it one hundred percent. Like you know what I'm saying, It's an honor, it's an honor, bro, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Still gonna get on this job.
Speaker 5: So you know that bigg is the mouthpeek, the mouth of the South, and shit that he gonna get it cracking.
Speaker 1: So we definitely gonna conjure up something my peoples, for sure.
Speaker 3: Sure, thank you Bron all day for sure. Well that concludes another episode of the Gainst the Chronicles podcast. Be sure to download the iHeart app and subscribe to The gangst Chronicles podcast For Apple users, find a purple micae on the front of your screen, subscribe to the show, leave a comment and rating. Executive producers for The Gangster Chronicles podcasts of Norman Steel Aaron M.
Speaker 1: C a. Tyler.
Speaker 3: Our visual media director is Brian Whatt, and the audio editors tell It Hayes. The Gangster Chronicles is a production of iHeartMedia Network and The Black Effect Podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app Apple Podcasts wherever you're listening to your podcasts