Speaker 1: Okay, we just need to apologize right now for taking over your TikTok for you page. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sorry, sorry my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the old ones are going viral, but the new ones are so much better. O.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad you found them.
Speaker 1: Follow like whatever you're supposed to do on these podcasts and just sit back and listen.
Speaker 3: Second Date Update. Most of the time, whenever we talk about forbidden love on the show, it's about Brooke and her insatiable thirst for her cousin Ron stop it. I do not like my cousin, not anymore, oh my god. But alas, we're not dealing with that type of forbidden love at least good not today. One of our listeners, Mark says he dipped a toe into the forbidden pool of romance recently, and he's afraid the lifeguard won't let him cannonball all the way in, so he needs our Mark why, welcome to the show man.
Speaker 4: Hey, thank you, oh man.
Speaker 3: I love a good, juicy story.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm dying to know who you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tell us your situation.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, so I have a best friend Stuart goes by Stu. We've been really good friends since college.
Speaker 1: Oh, do you want to take it to the next level?
Speaker 4: No, okay, well I thought would be forbid your best friend. No, I'm a straight fella, and you know you and I have been really good buddies since college. You know, I know his family go over his house all the time. He loves my family.
Speaker 3: That's the best when you can just like walk in. Yeah, I feel like you're the second son. Sometimes you prefer their family to your own most of the time.
Speaker 1: Do you ever take any family?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's cool. It's nice to have a close friend from college.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's like a brother to me. And I'm just afraid I may have ruined everything because I won't. He had crushed on his younger sister Lisa for a while.
Speaker 3: Oh you did.
Speaker 1: You hook up with her already?
Speaker 4: Yeah, something did happen, you know, but it's been one of those things where I you know, I couldn't even ask because he wouldn't be cool with it.
Speaker 3: Oh really, he wouldn't be. Well, there's two different types. Like I have a friend who's literally always asked like, bro, you should date my sister? Be so cool? Yeah, are like stay away. I asked my best friend from high school if I could date his little sister, and he said yes. But then I asked the sister and she said no. So that was a super low moment. Yeah, legally we're supposed to. Yeah, that's rough.
Speaker 1: I think it's really weird too, Like it's just like a kind of aggressive on your bro's part may be weird. I mean, how old is a little sister?
Speaker 3: How much younger she was a few years younger?
Speaker 4: I mean, nothing.
Speaker 1: Crazy, Okay, So what happened.
Speaker 4: I was recently single and I was at a bar and I saw Lisa there. I went over and started talking to her and we were laughing about something, and I said, it was under different circumstances. You know, I wasn't friends with your brother. I would have asked you out a long time ago.
Speaker 3: What you just told her that?
Speaker 5: That's a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah you had to have been drunk when you said that.
Speaker 4: Buzz.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got a little bit of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What did she say to that?
Speaker 4: She was like, well, maybe you should do it anyway.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this is why I always wanted an older brother.
Speaker 3: I never had one.
Speaker 5: I'm like, they're friend would be so cute?
Speaker 3: Right up? Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: My friends with older brothers always had hot.
Speaker 3: You'd like to salute around with everybody in your friends group and in your family. Thank you, Alexa, we got it. So she wanted you to ask her out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I took that as a goal ahead. So I was like, what are you doing ten minutes from now? And she said, oh, she said, I'm busy, but I'm available five minutes from now.
Speaker 3: Like Lisa, actually, you guys do have a good banterns.
Speaker 5: So was it fun?
Speaker 4: Yeah, She's like, meet me outside in five So we ended up walking around and grabbing food in a food truck and we kind of stet up making out like that.
Speaker 1: So fun and it probably felt like you know, it's always fun when it's a little dangerous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what was it good? Because there's a whole build up to that moment. Was it as good as you thought it would be?
Speaker 4: It was great? And I mean we had I mean, we have a connection. You know, we had a lot of fun hanging out, and you know, we had known each other for so long, so it was a little you know, weird kissing someone that you know that you've known for for that long.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean that's good news. How did it? How did that night end?
Speaker 4: Well? I was like we can't tell your brother about this, and it said, I'm a grown woman. I can make my own decisions.
Speaker 3: I was going to say that you guys are both adults.
Speaker 1: I mean, that makes it feel really immature by trying to keep a secret. But I get while you're worried about it, if you really think he'd be that upset.
Speaker 4: Well, it kind of changed my tune after that, and I said, anybody's gonna tell him, it's got to be me, and I kind of need some time to figure out how to do that.
Speaker 1: Okay, what she say to that, Well, we.
Speaker 4: Just kind of got into a disagreement and it really just ended sort of weird.
Speaker 1: Oh so did she like immediately leave and text her brother? Does he know?
Speaker 4: I don't know everything. He seems to be okay with two. He's not treating me different, and I haven't brought it up, so I don't think she said anything.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I mean hopefully she did and he's cool with it, but it doesn't sound likely.
Speaker 1: But do you want to date her or do you just wanted it to be with that one night?
Speaker 4: Everything except for the end was awesome, and I you know, I would love to keep hanging out with her.
Speaker 3: Okay, you would like to see your Let's take a quick vote around the room. Do we think that this is a good idea for him to date his best friend's younger sister Alexis Yeah.
Speaker 5: Why not?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay, one vote for yes, Brook, Yeah, I'm into it. The girls love message.
Speaker 1: Worst thing that can happen you lose your best friend.
Speaker 2: Oh well, the romantic in me loves this because if you, guys do I'm fast forwarding here, end up getting engaged.
Speaker 3: You already have the family's blessing already, they kissed outside of a kill Boston. Let's not jump saying. The romantic in me things this will go very well. Okay, and so I'm gonna I'm gonna vote no. This is probably not a good idea, but we're gonna that's.
Speaker 1: Only because you were rejected by a sister.
Speaker 3: If I can't have my best friends friends sister. Anyway, we're gonna call your best friend's sister Lisa and try and get you a second date update right after this. All right, that's awesome thing. Hold on, second date update. We're running a little bit short on time, so I'm gonna do a quick recap. The guy has a best friend from college and he's had a crush on his friend's little sister for a few years now. One night they ran into each other at a bar and ended up hanging out the rest of the evening and even kissed outside of a food truck. Yeah, and Mark, here's my question because I just want to make sure I heard it correctly. You definitely don't think her brother knows about this.
Speaker 4: No way, he would have freaked out on me by no, for sure.
Speaker 3: Okay, So when do you want to tell him, like a month in a year when you start popping out nieces and nephews her him, when's the good time at the wedding?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I guess it depends on what happens early.
Speaker 3: Play it by a year.
Speaker 1: But today we're calling the little sister, right, We're not calling his brother. I mean, when was the last time you.
Speaker 3: Talked to her?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I anolutely talked to her since all this went down about three weeks.
Speaker 3: Oh oh wow, no text.
Speaker 1: I have no idea what we're going to get on the other line when we call her, like we're.
Speaker 3: A girl hopefully, Well, I know, is she angry?
Speaker 2: Is she?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay, I'm going in with a positive attitude. Okay, Mark, you.
Speaker 1: Always do Jeff.
Speaker 3: Someone has to let's do it. Calling Lisa right now here we go. Hello, Hey is this Lisa?
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is sheep Lisa.
Speaker 3: How's it going? You're on the radio right now?
Speaker 5: Okay, wait, who is this?
Speaker 3: Well, we're a morning show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we.
Speaker 1: Are excited to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have a very interesting conversation looming here.
Speaker 2: I think I don't understand what's happening. I don't understand what you mean by a radio.
Speaker 3: We have a lot of explaining to do here.
Speaker 1: We also do a podcast. Does that help?
Speaker 3: Probably?
Speaker 5: Okay, but why are you calling me?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: We're calling because we're doing a segment called a Second Date Update, and we're trying to ask you a little bit about your interaction about three weeks ago with a guy named Mark.
Speaker 1: I'm saying to the family name.
Speaker 5: Mm hmmm, I'm.
Speaker 3: Trying to label anything.
Speaker 5: Okay, what did he tell you?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 5: I what did he say?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So, you guys met up randomly at a bar one night and ran into each other there hung out the rest of the night. You guys went to a food truck.
Speaker 5: You remember this, right, yeh, I very vividly remember this night.
Speaker 3: Okay, what did you think? In her throat?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean, can you start for the beginning, like when Mark said I want to ask you about on the date, Like, I mean, it's your brother's best friend. What were you thinking?
Speaker 2: So at first I actually was like into it, just because I've always felt like Mark is kind of hot and fun and it was exciting and felt this is going to sound strange, but like a little bit dangerous and risky going.
Speaker 5: Behind my brother's back.
Speaker 2: Because yeah, I don't know how much you know, but like Mark is best friends with my older brothers too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, well because of that though, after we kind of had our I mean we like kind of made out whatever, and then immediately Mark was like, you can't tell your.
Speaker 2: Brother, and that felt really gross to me, like really controlling, Like that felt like a red flag.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think he was like trying to kill the romance or anything. I think he was just honestly worried that he might be blowing up a good friendship for.
Speaker 7: This who wants to keep the good relations with everybody I guess, but that's not attractive to me, Like you're making out with me, and now you're you're acting scared.
Speaker 3: I don't tell anybody would have waited like five minutes or something.
Speaker 1: I mean, we told him that sounded pretty immature when he retold that. I mean, he told us that you guys got into an argument about it, and it sounded like he kind of realized that too.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it was a little too late because I decided for sure I was going to tell my brother, Oh what so.
Speaker 1: Wait, when did you tell.
Speaker 5: Him that night?
Speaker 1: What was his response?
Speaker 5: Well, my brother was cool with it, and I was like, oh, that's not a big deal.
Speaker 3: Sure seriously, mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Why was Mark so in his head about your brother being so weird about it?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, he was like for certain that his best.
Speaker 4: Friend was the date most sister.
Speaker 3: Yeah weird.
Speaker 1: Well that's weird, that's strange. So your brother was actually fine.
Speaker 2: Exactly, he said, Mark's the good guy. If you want to hang out with him, that's cool with me.
Speaker 5: For someone. But the riskiness, the dangerous part of it.
Speaker 2: Was gone, which like, Okay, that's fine, not all my relationship need to be that. But then it just started becoming weird for me, Like I'm going to be like making out with my brother's best friend.
Speaker 5: This guy knows all my brother's deep secrets. Like, that's not something.
Speaker 3: So it didn't freak your brother out.
Speaker 1: It freaked you out to think about it.
Speaker 3: The risk and the danger was gone, and then so that the romance left. But like, what if I told you, if you're into risk and danger, there's been somebody secretly listening in on this conversation on the other line wanted to talk to you.
Speaker 5: I just don't really know what this is.
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: I mean Mark has been quietly listening wanting to jump in.
Speaker 1: And you were creepy.
Speaker 3: It's dangerous. He's a dangerous ball, isn't that?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah either, bad boy?
Speaker 5: Wait, so Mark heard everything I just said.
Speaker 1: Yes, you can ask him.
Speaker 4: Mark, you told your brother, like right off the bath, that's what you did.
Speaker 2: Of course, I'm able to make my own decisions, and I decided to do that.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's the first thing you have to say about.
Speaker 4: All of this. I just, I mean, I don't know why you would do that, Like that would be your first instinct when I was like, I'm worried.
Speaker 3: About it, But whatever, I mean, he was cool with it.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean that's unexpected and I was just trying to be cautious about relationships.
Speaker 3: See that's the problem right there. Mark, You're trying to be cautious and she's into danger got togerous.
Speaker 4: I'm still plenty dangerous. Really, Yeah, your your your family would have hated if we hooked up. Like, have you told your mom about it?
Speaker 5: No, believe it or not.
Speaker 2: I didn't call my mom.
Speaker 4: You're You're lucky you didn't tell your mom. You would have been super angry and.
Speaker 3: Dangerous. Don't tell the dog either.
Speaker 1: Going to believe your gauge on this family best friend so wrong?
Speaker 3: It sounds like he's trying to make it sound dangerous. If you think your parents would be.
Speaker 2: Upset, No, I think they'd be fine with it too, which makes it feel continuously more lame.
Speaker 3: I mean, Mark, I think not everyone approving of a healthy relationship.
Speaker 1: I think we need to play up Mark's good parts.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Everyone says he's a great guy in your family, he obviously likes you, and you guys know each other really well, Like that can be a real foundation for something.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: I feel like with Mark specifically, i'd want it to feel more dangerous, and it doesn't, and so that's just kind of where I'm at.
Speaker 1: Okay, so maybe that was the interaction.
Speaker 4: I do other dangerous things, you know, I gamble until I have no money.
Speaker 3: We should not do that, large give him a hot line number.
Speaker 5: Okay, So that's just irresponsible, not dangerous. It's like, I also have horrible credit.
Speaker 4: What do you think of sometimes?
Speaker 1: I don't brush Wow.
Speaker 3: I mean what we would like to do, Lisa, is send you and Mark out on another date and we would pay for it. See that? Look at that? A man who won't even pay for his own dates because he ran out of money gambling. Isn't that naughty? What do you think, Lisa?
Speaker 2: Well, I hear that you want to do that, and Mark probably wants to do that, But I do not want to.
Speaker 3: Look at that. We finally found someone that doesn't approve of the relationship. Dating him would go against your own wishes. It doesn't get any more naughty and risky than that.
Speaker 1: I think that.
Speaker 7: Jeffrey Yeah herself, Yeah, okay, but listen, I do want to say I'm okay with us still being friends, but like, all of this is really awkward.
Speaker 5: So I think maybe let's just have some distance for a bit, and I'll see you when I see you.
Speaker 4: Okay, great you are Thanksgiving.
Speaker 5: Wow, I definitely shouldn't have kissed you.
Speaker 4: Okay, maybe we can know.
Speaker 1: I'll laugh about this in the future. Thanksgiving freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: You guys, ever heard the phrase trying to catch a falling knife? No, it's a good phrase.
Speaker 1: I already know what it means.
Speaker 3: It's where things are spirally out of control and you're in a desperate panic to just stop the damage continuing. That's what we just witnessed with Mark, because he immediately came on and thought, you know what, I'm being too safe for her. I need to come across as dangerous. And it just got worse and worse and worse till we found out he's a degenerate gambler with horrible credit. I think I broke all the time.
Speaker 1: I feel like his buddy's going to lose respect for him too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gave you the green light to date my sister and then she rejected you a loser. Alright, that's the same outcome. You know what, I think Mark's a good guy, and I'm changing my opinion. We need to make a phone call for you. He already got rejected. We're done. If you ever need a second date update, we won't judge you. You can email the show. We'll call the person who wasn't calling you back.
Speaker 5: Broaking Jeffrey in the morning,