Speaker 1: On today's episode of Command Center Podcast, we are reviewing the Ravens game with a fun game called Yes. And then we are previewing the Carolina game. Can't wait to watch Frankie Lubu and Jeremy Chin get after those boys. And then is the stadium going to be sold out and buffing this week?
Speaker 2: Dam Green Knight?
Speaker 3: Yeah, hell yeah. It all starts right now, and we'll go on into the Command Center Podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm Logan Paulson here with Fred Smoot and Santana Moss and guys home game this weekend. We're gonna preview this game in a little bit. But if you want tickets to this game, tickets we have a ticket promo, right and so if you put in Logan sid or Santana puts, it's a promo code gets a discount. And we're trying to win. It's a competition between the three of us. Now, I don't expect to win this game, so it's really a competition between Fred and Santana.
Speaker 4: But my name is it in the words to Fred already put four letters in there, Already.
Speaker 1: Early returns around and he's winning.
Speaker 2: Shock. Appreciate you again.
Speaker 4: All I'm saying is offense, sales tickets, defense winning.
Speaker 1: Champion or is it just he is he's like more famous football player.
Speaker 2: It's just that he played the offense. Man y'all already built in to be more showed me it's my name, bro, just let it be my name like that.
Speaker 1: It's like a cool name. It is a very cool name. Santana. Is it like a family name or no?
Speaker 2: My mom got it from my auntie. She wanted girls and she didn't have a girl. So my auntie was like, name.
Speaker 5: Of santanareal man bush?
Speaker 1: Really name Fred?
Speaker 2: It's a preacher, so the right ones on the wall for you?
Speaker 4: Yet after mind like yeah, name of Fred, let's put no energy into this.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: And then James, what about you?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I've asked my mom like why did why? I think I think my probably my grandpa's name was James. Yeah, no, I don't know if that's true or not. I asked my mom a bunch of times like why, and she's like, I have no idea.
Speaker 2: We just was lazy because no one calls me James. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like, if you call me James, I know you don't know me.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, you're trying to get something.
Speaker 2: I ain't your name with James A couple of weeks ago. I knew it with James Sweet James.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've obviously got a unique middle name, which we'll say for a different time, time and place. But yeah, so make sure you sign for those tickets and use our names. Yeah, because we get prizes. I don't know we get we don't get anything, but yeah, you guys get tickets.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So Baltimore game, let's review that real quick, high level thoughts on that game.
Speaker 4: A Lei Foreman heavyweight bout. People lead with black eyes, but it has to be a winner. Uh, Coach, you said they didn't want to say the word measuring stick, so I won't say it either. But uh, they are in a super Bowl window, and if you're ever going to measure yourself against the team, they add the team to measure yourself again, like.
Speaker 1: You did that. It was like, I'm not going to use measuring state, but then I turned around and used it, right.
Speaker 4: But I just felt like it was one of those things where I think everybody was not shocked by the outcome.
Speaker 2: They were shocked by the process, how it happened, how we got there and lost by seven. I'm gonna tell you like this, I was kind of nervous going into the game. Honestly.
Speaker 5: I didn't, you know, I understand that we kind of been playing. We had We've been on one of those roads you know of lately, four games in a row, playing out of their mind when it comes to just the points alone that we're scoring offensively, and I was like, here's the defense that will kind of put you back in your place, like make you, you know, put your foot in your mouth, so to say. And bro, like the first two series, first of all, getting the turnover.
Speaker 2: That first that first D said everything. I was like, I came to play.
Speaker 5: And then the offense go down there and you saw players here and there, and you say, okay, we got three points, and then you saw things settled down, and I was like, oh man, that defense, it's confusing me. I'm sitting up here, like what is going I'm seeing blisters, I'm seeing coverage. I'm like, and when you saw settle in there and continue to progress and make plays, I'm like, bro, these guys really do have something. They really have something special they do, you know, going into the game, nervous a little bit like I was playing like I've been in those games where I'm a player and I'm like, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I don't know about it.
Speaker 5: I'm always optimistic, but that game, I wasn't confident. I'm not going to sit here a lot to you. But after I watching them play the first half, I knew, I say, you know what, you know what I've been seeing the last few weeks.
Speaker 2: It's real, and I just love what happened.
Speaker 5: I didn't like the outcome because I wanted us to win, but I was impressed, to say the least. I was impressed that we was able to go out there, and I was more impressed to what Terry said afterwards, like, you know, folks want to sit here and say, hey, do you feel good because you got a chance to go out there and you show up the world that you can compete, Like we believe that already.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like you know, we know what we've been doing, we know what we put in each other world.
Speaker 5: I'm happy that these guys have that already belief that they can go out there and win any game. It's not all were playing these guys. Let's go, you know, show them that we can play with them. No, they believe they can win every time they step out there.
Speaker 1: It's really interesting. Like when I left the game, I probably felt more akin to what you felt for oh, you know, like that's a good football team, like we should have. But after I watched the film, I was like mad a little.
Speaker 2: Bit because we left so much on a field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I look down the it was it was it was the third drive of the game. They go down and they're threatening. Oz drops that ball on second and ten that would have been a first down. Yeah, there's that PI on Saint Jude's on the third and ten, which was a little bit ticky tech. That's a field go there. They score at that point, it's three to six, yeah, you know, and then we go down and score a touchdown. So ten to six on Baltimore in Baltimore. So there was a bunch of plays like that, and then they're like when you watch the defense, for example, there was a couple of you know, mental mistakes on the same page. And Baltimore's offense is tremendous, but I thought, man, we really can't be having these self inflicted wounds. And then again, offensively, I thought Jane Daniels an excellent job and it was just and even him. Even there was some stuff early in the game. We were talking about this earlier Santana where it's I got his own read. It's a gt SO guard tackle from the offensive rider pulling l I'm reading the right defensive end as I'm looking at it, and he should hand it off because he's walks in for a touchdown probably, but wasn't quite SUBTL and didn't see it exactly right. You know.
Speaker 4: I think I got more upset by watching the defense when I realized they was running all those man beaters and they wasn't and they wasn't cutting it what we call cutting it, like meaning if you see this where I receiver lined up tight and he could go across the formation, I want the safety to come down and get that and I go replace him.
Speaker 1: I ask you, because like we got you here.
Speaker 2: I saw that a couple of times. I was just I was like, Tampa did did all this, and they're doing the same.
Speaker 4: That what I'm saying, So like me and my guys, if it was shunned t back there and then me and Bluefoot, now it's.
Speaker 2: Automatic with us.
Speaker 4: So I just I wish they would have graduated to that point where they said in the second half, let's go cut these because they're gonna continue to run them.
Speaker 2: They ran them the whole time, and it's smart for them to run.
Speaker 1: Talk about that real quick, because that's something really technical that you know you're smart to want to ask you about. It is. So the running all this heavy play action pass. The linebackers are up in the line of scrimmage, no middle middle, it's crazy, that's about us. Yeah, thirty yards by twenty yards wide open in the middle. What are some tools that could have been maybe implemented there to be like, hey, like you mentioned the.
Speaker 4: Cut, We're gonna cut the guy that's closest to the tackle. Let's say, if it's the ze and he closer to the tackle of the tight end, we cutting him, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So let's talk about that. So we in two by two.
Speaker 4: No, let's just say we in I for Masia. We got one receive on this side, one on the right. Whichever one of these guys is closer, and we're gonna cut him. Are we gonna cut the guy with the most feel? So whoever had the tight split, whoever got the tight.
Speaker 2: Split, that's who we're gonna come and cut.
Speaker 4: So before the play, I'm gonna turn around to my safety and I'm gonna say, yeah, he the.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm gonna replace you, all right.
Speaker 4: So now what you think is open ain't gonna be over And.
Speaker 1: Then when do that in quarters us? But I didn't think about it.
Speaker 4: And what I do like about that is the safe. I mean the quarterback rarely sees that safety go jump then round like they because they look at us and say and they look at us fall off.
Speaker 2: And they like, I got I got it. It's hot, I got this thing. And if we would have did it once, they wouldn't ran it no more. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And that's what bothered me a little bit too. You know, I think even even with all that being said, we were still stopping them. I mean, they was getting big games at the time, but defensively, we were still stopping them. And I think two drives, if I'm not mistaken, I know one for show. It was two drives that we literally stopped them on third down and gave them life with a penalty and they scored. If we get off the field those two drives, it's a different ball game, you know what I mean. Because our offense was answering so that's one of those things when you got to heavyweight back, like you say, I punched you, you punched me.
Speaker 2: Is who can take it the most?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: And I guess they was the last man standing because they took the most of them.
Speaker 4: And we just lost. I respect they flowers. I think he's a talent.
Speaker 2: You know, he ain't one hundred and thirty two yards in the first half.
Speaker 5: They asked me earlier in that game, how you stop? How you stop as they fly? And I said, asking me that as or what would be like asking stop me?
Speaker 2: You have to get me off my routes. You have to press me.
Speaker 5: It might not slow me, it might stumble me, make me get off my route. But you got to understand, Lamar Jackson only have but so.
Speaker 2: Long to look at you. So if he sees me.
Speaker 5: Off my route because somebody's jamming me, even if I don't get past that guy, he's off me. Now he's going to the next guy or I or if he's sitting there waiting long enough, then he gets sacked.
Speaker 2: So I just felt like.
Speaker 5: Man, if we can just put hands on guys more often, bro, like I used to be mad. I used to be furious going home saying, man, why are you always pressing me?
Speaker 2: Now? I look back, say you the only way to stop you.
Speaker 5: I look back and say, you know what, I respect them because they respected me.
Speaker 2: They knew if I don't press.
Speaker 5: This dude, it's gonna be alone now. And I'm like, why we don't press more? Why we don't put and we're pressing. I'm not saying we're not doing our job. Those guys are playing the defense, so I have nothing against what they're doing.
Speaker 2: But I want the.
Speaker 5: Cornerback sometime to overcome coaching and say I got a jab this dude. In order for me to say my behind, let me put hands on them, because if I don't, it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: You know this crazy thing about it, because I had the game plan against you before.
Speaker 4: When I played against the Vikas, we was a cover of two team cause we hit Mike tummy and get what every time Tanner came to the lab. We might be a covered too, but we pressing.
Speaker 2: You gotta press me.
Speaker 1: So let me just say this because I know a lot of fans are like, oh, why don't we press more? Why don't we play more tight coverage? And we got you know, dB here one of the best to do it for a long time. What what are some things fred reasons not to Because I always think, like from an offensive standpoint, if you're pressed, I know the coverage right now. And like one of the things that Lamar did a great job of in this game that really did a tremendous job of was that the line of scrimmage, identifying man in zone, checking them into I don't know if it was a run can pass type of situation, but understanding the coverage and getting the offense into man beaters or getting them into zone beaters. And when it's pressed, that's easier. But what are some potential if.
Speaker 4: You're gonna go priss man you saying I don't care about you knowing what I'm in, I'm like, that's the key about it. Like me and Champ Bailey was press mean corners, and we knew like once we got into our groove, we only gonna see certain matchups, like we'll see a lot of slot because we are press corners because they know if you put these two receivers on the same.
Speaker 2: Side, one of us force the bag off.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: So the thing about it is, once you say I'm in the press man, everything else is out the window.
Speaker 2: Now the rush had to match us. You have to get home, though.
Speaker 4: They got to get home, and I need them to rush like, I don't want to press like I wait, I don't like the press.
Speaker 2: If you finish, if you're not sitting more.
Speaker 4: Than five six people like, then you waste them.
Speaker 2: You waited by one Mississippi, my two Mississippi. That's that's great.
Speaker 1: Because I will say that's one thing when you watch the film. Yeah, uh, there's a couple of players obviously that the corners get beat and nuts on them. But there's the play, the first high cross that Zay Flowers catches. Yeah, I don't know if benat Juice could have been in a better spot, and the great job by Flowers are coming back to.
Speaker 2: Throw us there.
Speaker 5: I won't even knock him for even getting beat on them, because I think he was there, you know.
Speaker 1: But the thing that jumped out to me was because they were running so much play action Baltimore was they had you know, Patrick Riccard, who is basically an extra offensive linean like they get one on one on with the defensive end. The protection was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was back there. He took something, he had a t He told me to give some drink.
Speaker 1: I guess, I guess That's what I'm saying is like, obviously we want the corners to be more aggressive, but if the rush isn't there versus these play and so again, like this is one of the things that Baltimore did such a good job of is they had play actions. They ran the ball, they had play action pass off of it, they had excellent protection, and the play action pass really drew in those hook.
Speaker 2: Players because the run was effective.
Speaker 1: And so that's why I don't care how good you are.
Speaker 2: I say this like.
Speaker 1: That when that middle of the field looks like you're going to have a tough down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I say this if you had to ever look and say, how is a highly executed offense executed when they have the ability to run.
Speaker 2: The ball and throw it.
Speaker 5: Look at that because it shows you like, oh, you're gonna bring these guys in the box, so we're gonna show you what you want to see, and.
Speaker 2: Then we're gonna give you something differ.
Speaker 5: We're gonna hit you behind your head because you ain't gonna be in place. And they did it effectively because you had to respect to run first of all, you.
Speaker 4: Had to respect both of those guys this start there, it's ogre all right. He ran me over with my dreams last night.
Speaker 2: Listen to me when he comes downhill.
Speaker 4: You have brother choice, but some good dude man.
Speaker 5: And for him to run as fast as he does, if I'm gonna say I not, I give us credit because all I run him. All our corners came up and tackled this dude, and they was doing what they had to get their legs, get them, get them before he gets started.
Speaker 2: So I took my head off to those guys.
Speaker 5: We was physical, we went out there and then we had to do but as the game went on, he just leans on it.
Speaker 2: It don't matter what you do, bro, It.
Speaker 1: Was the whole front man was their old line. They got a big old line, goal line to Patrick Recards and Beast. They got a good blocking tight end. And then Derreck Henry getting down hill, It's like it felt inevitable that he was going to get his. But I think overall, we're we're pleased with the performance. We can be pleased because we're not playing right. We can kind of objectively and I'm sure that they and and that side of the well. And again, like I said, when I watched the film. I was frustrated, man.
Speaker 2: Because because you left too much out there and.
Speaker 1: It would have been close. And that's and that's in close games. That's what you know, how many close games you guys have been away? Like, man close? If we make this one, man, that's it. If we get this conversion, look a where we're at, like we can do this. So I think there's probably a little bit of a little bit of frustration there, all right, So now we're gonna kind of also use a fun segment to review some of fun to review some of the fan criticisms. It's called yes but and so the first one is yes, the secondary at issues. But Lamar Jackson and the Ravens are so good.
Speaker 4: But Lamar Jackson is on the Hall of First of all, he's a Hall of Fame future Hall of Famer. Second, he could win m v P this year the way he's playing. Again, I'm sorry so that, but they are good. It is a great scenario. We just played against one of the best, if not the best office because Kansas City Office is not clicking like they used to. So, yes that we got issues, But we just played a Hall of Fame quarterback and a Hall of fame running back.
Speaker 5: What's better than the butt? A big butt, I'll tell you like this right here, that one real man, because look, bro, honestly we went out there and we threw.
Speaker 2: The kitchen sink at them too. Yeah, I mean we went out there and we was dicing it up.
Speaker 5: And that's why I say I I'm weird Logan when he said that, I'm a little disappointed because I saw drives where like with my own eyes, like at the game, like, bro, just stop them.
Speaker 2: We just stopped them, now, just stop them. We just stopped them. But we gave them life.
Speaker 5: So when you're giving a team life like that with penalties, I'm sure that the first thing dan Quinn gonna say on Wednesday when they come in there to practice is like fellas, you should be disgusted because if it's the team that they say is supposed to be world beat us, well damn they need we talking about we're supposed to be They're supposed to have l after us. Bro, we gave them life, and you should be mad. He should be fried up and then now we should have practice accordingly. So that's why I said it's a big butt, because that was so much that they did well. It was so much that we didn't do right, but we still was right there and hand chance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's funny like when the when the secondary is on it, I feel like they were pretty good. Like they're gonna get their place right. Like the one we just talked about today Flowers, that's gonna happen. The one to Isaiah likely where we've got our third string linebacker covering him in man Mack Like that's a matchup that favors damn, especially with how they run on the football. Those they're gonna get theirs. I think the thing that I would just kind of just say, hey, if I'm Dan, like let's see or Joe Wood junior, they probably had five mental mistakes where two guys are running with the same guys, someone leaving one guy zone, everyone else is in man. Didn't get the call, you know guys what And so that's right, I say to Tanni's point, like it's the penalties, but it's also the unforced errors. So think about it, if we get if we get those cleaned up, there's probably two explosives that they don't happen. They don't happen.
Speaker 2: That one with the tight end by self I was like.
Speaker 1: And and you can tell them like they looked at each other like I watched on the late we look at each other. Yeah, like Frankly Wench, Bobby Wagner looking at like they're looking at Kwan like where'd you go? Yeah, and person of All was like, that's not mine. And so obviously there's some const I'm not saying who's at fault there, but there's some consternation there. So to me, it's they're good. They played well, he's a Hall of Famer, But if we play our best football, the Commanders, we got a shot, man. And like Tanna said, even if you just get the penalties cleaned up, you got a shot. But then you take those five plays defensively, and I don't know if Lamar's look at the performance looks quite as good.
Speaker 4: And don't act like we we we didn't get blue out, so we're not talking yeah we got blue out.
Speaker 2: We lost about seven points.
Speaker 1: That's that's the other thing.
Speaker 4: We're the field, so we could be feeling like the Cowboys right now.
Speaker 2: We could be finished. Like then I'll say, I ain't trying to get.
Speaker 1: A post game show. And I was like, you know, we went to to toe Commanders went toe to toe with you know, the Ravens, and it was close game. But there's a couple of things here there, or you could be Dallas. Just get your face just handed to your old movie. Just someone at home.
Speaker 2: Take this, Take this, Take this. That's what Detroit did.
Speaker 4: Like when I see Detroit do a uh I think it was a pen pool and the pitch to a pena.
Speaker 2: Tackle. They did a hook the lateral to a tackle. Wait, wait to get it to the cowboy. Thank you, Detroit. Detroit hate the Cowboys as much as we did.
Speaker 5: I was sitting there shaking my head, like, what did Jerry Jones do birthday to get that kind of whopping.
Speaker 1: On his be.
Speaker 2: You've been that bad at home? When you'll be there, you got to whoop that bad that bade my birthday. Ain't doing the football scene?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, it's your mom's birthday, right, It's it's on the same day, right, it's his.
Speaker 2: Hit him and my mom.
Speaker 1: That's why I had a little bit of well what's up remember there? But yeah, like they they were throwing the ball late in the fourth quarter like they were going crazy.
Speaker 2: I want to give it to him.
Speaker 1: Dan Campbell's pissed.
Speaker 4: About they was mad about what happened last year.
Speaker 2: And and I'm sure all week long he was like, y'all.
Speaker 4: Remember, like come on out, because you know with football players, we don't need but one.
Speaker 1: Reason you really want to get at you just like leave no doubt.
Speaker 4: Lea, like, let's go down here and let's show them what really supposed to happen.
Speaker 1: And like, I know we're not talking about this. We're talking about this game because it's funny.
Speaker 2: We we enjoyed.
Speaker 1: But they averaged I think they averaged four yards of carry with or four and a half yards of carry, which is a good number with zero explosive runs. It's like someone just basically taking a hammer to the defense and being like, oh here's four. Yeah you ready again? Stand up four And you're just like, oh my.
Speaker 4: David mcgommery Montgomery comes down hill.
Speaker 2: Then why they just paid him that money and didn't want to know that fan is I gave that.
Speaker 5: I gave that insight to on that that fantasy day that we was we was walking around the stadium. A fan was trying to pick her running but I said, get David Montgomery.
Speaker 2: David, that was a great pick. It was because he is a thumper.
Speaker 1: He's a thumper, all right. So back to the Baltimore game. Yeah, all right, yes, Derrick Henry got his. Yeah, but Derrick Henry always gets his true.
Speaker 2: Yes, until he ran me over in my sleep last night. I woke winning, like, listen to me.
Speaker 4: Some guys that I done played against in this league defensive.
Speaker 2: Coordinators and say, Okay, you know this guy's going to get his. We just can't let the others. Yea, all right, And that's the key.
Speaker 4: When you're playing against a guy like that, like an unstoppable force, sometime cannot be stopped.
Speaker 1: You know, this is gonna sound absolutely insane, Tanne.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: They were averaging six yards of rush before this game. Yeah you know how many are down.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure it was that.
Speaker 1: So they did a good job for the moment. And again, he's gonna regis especially with that. This is the other thing. So in Tennessee you could get him because the offensive line.
Speaker 2: Was good and the quarterback went mobile.
Speaker 1: Here, the quarterbacks could, the fullbacks could, the old line's coming together. They got a good blocking title like that team is built for him to be successful. Yeah, you gotta kind of survive it.
Speaker 5: For what they presented, with the threat of Lamar and with how well he ran that offense, it should have been one eighty two hundred y'alls Russian. Yeah, but we did. I can't say a great job okay, okay, job of containing them as long as we could. And they just feel like to me, you know, as the game go on, man, he wears you're a defensive guy. You know how tired you get, man just hitting that hitting that dog.
Speaker 2: I see, I seen the to that suite. First thing came to my mind.
Speaker 4: Busy man, Okay, man like I'm only two hundred and fifty pounds a man like that.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 1: Them the full back is three hundred pounds. He's leading the way that it's a physical It's a physical down right there.
Speaker 2: A player.
Speaker 5: I'm not surprised that our guys are feeling like they feel no players.
Speaker 2: Monday belongs to.
Speaker 4: You, Like listen that what I really respect about this team. The Ravens field him and they failed the Raves and this is all you can ask. Well, like coach gives you tell us out a time. Let's make sure they leaving Bandais today.
Speaker 1: And you know, I do the sideline stuff for the radio, like that was a dog gone physical football game. Dudes like on the ground after plays like, you know you've been on the ground, Like, man, that doesn't.
Speaker 5: Feel very do y'all understand what's happening not here?
Speaker 1: And so I do think that there's there's value in the physicality that they played with and they're still jelling the show, coming together as a group. There's still some mistakes that need to be cleaned up, but the mindset is something that you can wait.
Speaker 4: Talking to of the fans after the game, calling into the show, they said something really stuck out to me. They said, we as the fan base we left, even though we lost, we were the happier fan base.
Speaker 2: They said.
Speaker 4: The Raven fans were disappointed really, yeah, because they feel like we almost beat them. Yeah, I've been saying so the expectation levels were there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think they wanted to embarrass us that. I think they felt like they had a more I guess you could say they had a better team than what we were saying that you know they were, and don't get me wrong, like I said before, that's a good team, but I still feel that they gave us their best shot and we took it. We shock, We took. We sat there like, oh that's all you got.
Speaker 2: The better Old Bay and Mumbo sauce. It got messy.
Speaker 1: The references Bay.
Speaker 2: That's what they do, the old baby.
Speaker 1: Yes, we didn't have v Robs, but every team in the NFL is to go you injury injuries, and this is maybe the most interesting one of these. To me, I just.
Speaker 4: Felt like we needed him this week because it was physical physical.
Speaker 2: I woke up that morning and I saw that that we ain't have him.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, And.
Speaker 5: As much as I wanted to sit there and say a pregame, I was just like, oh, yo, we still got guys.
Speaker 2: Next guy up, but the back we can't replace it. We didn't get another one and saw.
Speaker 5: Us That's what to me, I felt like that put our young QB in and you know, at Risks put him at risk in a little bit because now you don't have that run game that you can honestly lean on, you know what I mean. Like, don't get me wrong, club Matt Nicholas did that did their job for what they do well. But you need that president, that bell cow, you need that guy who that that thump, but that's gonna go in there and make his presence felt and known, and I think that he was definitely missed.
Speaker 2: He was truly missed.
Speaker 1: And I kind of feel like Cliff, you know, just the way he called the game wasn't overly confident. Yeah, and again that happens sometimes. You know you've been a part of team saying where the stud running backs out or the guy you really maybe not even a just a guy you trust back, yeah, just to stay on schedule. And I just felt like he didn't call the game that way. And you have to ask him about it to see what he say.
Speaker 2: But it's a guy of physicality away and I don't know.
Speaker 1: If it makes a huge difference because Baltimore's front played really well. Fru Kwon Smith did a great job and Jones the defensive tackle.
Speaker 2: Fourteen man, I got tired of seeing him in the box.
Speaker 4: I told you Cay Hampton was gonna be who they assigned to Jaden.
Speaker 1: Yes, James Daniels struggled in the first half. That's a question mark for me.
Speaker 2: Did he really?
Speaker 1: But he's a gamer. I just thought he played well.
Speaker 4: I say, I thought he played against the circumstances. I thought he played with what they give him. I thought he got a groove to say, all right, I need his first drive and his second drive to see how they trying to play me.
Speaker 2: Heints, here, I go to third drive, and now fin the show. I'm fin unleashed.
Speaker 4: So I thought it was a feeling out and ran in the first quarter for him to fill out.
Speaker 2: How they wanted to attack him. Then it got going.
Speaker 5: I think he's been so shop man. Everybody's sealing his high for him, you know what I mean. I mean, you expect him to be just that much better than everything that he faces. But I do believe that even a guy that's been on a role that he's been on has to be you know, has to allow things to digest. I think he's that first half, it was kind of a lot thrown at him, and he overcame it. He overcame in and found his spots where he can pick him. And it's just to me, the accuracy along when he's passing that football. Those receives got to be in heaven, bro.
Speaker 2: He knows when to throw it back.
Speaker 4: Showed it is a cornerback.
Speaker 5: Because you know what's going to happen eventually. And I know Rogers have this with Adam. That's why I can't wait to see what he do in New York. But as a receiver, and you know you don't have been in the situation before. If I'm in the red zone and Fred playing me outside, we we on the fifteen yard line. I have a corner route, and I seen me and Fred stay outside. When I go to that corner, the quarterbacks should know throw it to the corner. I got to stop him so I can stop it.
Speaker 2: Turn around. I automatically know that's what he's gonna do because I have that relationship.
Speaker 5: But when you get a quarterback that doesn't understand that, which I've had plenty of them throughout my fourteen they.
Speaker 2: Gonna still get me wrong. It happens all the time.
Speaker 5: They would still throw the corner like I can't beat them, So give me a chance at the ball.
Speaker 2: Let me stop.
Speaker 5: He's doing that already, He's alread stopping these guys with different routes, and I'm seeing it like he knows, okay, this guy inside throwing to the sideline.
Speaker 2: Turn around, I'm doing it right now.
Speaker 5: So just to see a young guy, rookie throwing in on that level already, man, these guys have to be just chopping at the bitch, just knowing that I'm gonna beat my guy regardless because he's.
Speaker 2: Gonna throw me open. You know what I'm saying. That's what I'm seeing from the guy. All that. You know, all that's being said.
Speaker 5: I think the first half you saw so many situations where they had great coverage that was tight and one time I was like, damn, we're not getting open, but he was placing the ball.
Speaker 2: These guys just coming up with.
Speaker 1: This was the game where I thought he takes some of his best throws by far.
Speaker 4: Throw he man, I'm telling you, as a deeper, we see those in that dreams a nightmare because there's nothing I can do.
Speaker 2: I can jammed here. I could do what I could do, But if the bob.
Speaker 4: Leaves his hand before this dude even close to finishing his route, what chance do I got?
Speaker 1: And then on that one, you know the fact that it's fourth out, it's this big moment Terry finishing the catch. He had a throw on a dig to Zach, which which was he knife that thingremendous. It was third and ten. It's actually it's like a double dig concept with a clear by number two and yeah, probably.
Speaker 2: Fantasy changes area but the.
Speaker 1: Arm angle right, kind of that three o'clock arm angle around the defender right past rope Quod Smith. I mean, the anticipation, the vision, the arm angle was excellent. The out route to Terry, where's he puts it only where Terry can get it, The one to no Noah Brown, same thing, the way he stood in the pocket and completed that sale route to to Zach. Like he just did so much high level quarterback stuff. I mean, the only thing I'd say, even if I'm giving him like a little bit of a knock, would be like in the early part of the game, some of the r pos on I want you to say.
Speaker 5: That that thing off the I echo that one time, and yeah, I mean, but don't get me wrong, even the best of them have those kind of mysk. I don't even look at it as miscuse, he just read it wrong.
Speaker 4: I just look at it as a youngster figuring his way out, like I think, because he's been so perfect, like he has to come back down to regular great stats.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying. I'm saying it's not even about the statsmen.
Speaker 1: Just the stuff he did was better, Like the throws were better, like to touch the first touchdownitarry where he anticipates. The second win was awesome, Like the touch he puts on that what you call it, and so and again, the way that they were bringing pressure, the way that he navigated the pocket, the way he won from the pocket. So to me, it's like, did he play okay in the first half? Yeah, whatever, I don't care. It was more to me, it was more of a game flow thing. They went three and out twice, I've say. Then they had that second drive in the second the first drive of the second quarter where they drive down and were a touchdown. They're basically in a hurry up two minute motor.
Speaker 2: Yeah he looked awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he looked at a great job. And so when he had his opportunities, it was great. I think I think they did miss b Rob a little bit, did maintaining positive down and distance. I think they found themselves in more third and lungs, which affected him and made it harder, makes it harder for everybody. But I think the stuff you saw in this game, it's just every week it just seems to build and he seems to get more confident, and that's that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: R The legend grows. I think the guys.
Speaker 5: I mean, he's been doing a phenomenal job, and I think just conducting the offense, you know, by itself as a whole. But what I'm impressed with him the most, it's just knowing when the check, reading the things, reading the defense, is just knowing how to get especially in hurry up like these guys making these checks sometimes and they ain't even coming out of the huddle.
Speaker 2: So you gotta do his on the fly, you know what I'm saying, seeing.
Speaker 5: Things bringing guys in motion. I saw one time he come, hey, Zach, you know on list side.
Speaker 2: You know, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: He understands he had and that's that's what we talk about when we're saying having the answers to the test. It ain't none you're gonna throw at them that he's not ready for because the man study study well. And you know, you could talk about somebody coming in early leaving late, but that ain't always the case. I knew a lot of guys that came in early and left lay and they still ain't had the answers.
Speaker 2: He just has a high football IQ.
Speaker 5: And it shows each and every Sunday man every time he step on that field.
Speaker 2: You can see it at display.
Speaker 1: Good field, and so we're really excited for his continued growth and development. And this one is interesting. Yes, there are no moral victories, none, but and I don't even go any further because I don't think this. I don't think there should be any moral victory like this was a good performance. But I think if I'm trying to put myself in the position of the players there is I'd be pissed. Yeah, I'd be pissed a boy, because.
Speaker 2: We live the opportunity out there. We didn't. We didn't set out to come in second.
Speaker 1: They believe they couldn't.
Speaker 2: They truly believed it. I truly believe it. So it hurts. So no, no more victories.
Speaker 4: And we don't care about you thinking we could play with the big boys. We already throw the game started. We ain't sit out here to prove to you we can play with the big boy We set out to say we can beat them.
Speaker 5: Now I say this, and I love the fact that we brought this up because if you heard leading them to the week, every sports sports radio conversation was talking about how much they felt that the Raiders, I mean the Raven they was going to beat us.
Speaker 2: They was better than us.
Speaker 5: And after that game, now you hear them, they felt the way we're talking now they had.
Speaker 2: I felt good.
Speaker 5: I'm not even mad that it happened that way because now they feel like we are contenders. Now they feel like we can play with anybody. But it's crazy how people jump on and off the bandwagon, you know what I'm saying, Like, because you you didn't believe going into the game, but now you feel proud about what you saw from the team.
Speaker 2: No, that's not how this thing works.
Speaker 5: But I do believe, like since we're talking about more victories, it's okay for us to feel the way we felt.
Speaker 2: We still want to win.
Speaker 5: But we are impressed with some of the things we saw, but we still want to win. They don't care nothing about what we feel or what's going on. They want to win. That's the only objective. Every time you said on that field. And so I do believe it's gonna be a lot of people sitting out here knowing that they left one out there, and the practice level should be amp, should.
Speaker 2: Be very amp.
Speaker 5: Knowing that, hey, we got Carolina coming in. This is an easy time for us to think that it's gonna be easy. This is the toughest game of the year right now, having the team that's coming in, that's knowing that you can beat them, but knowing what's righting because of you haven't taken that l last week.
Speaker 1: Let's still a click on that real quick, because I think Carolina is really interesting because there's not a lot going on right Schematically, they're okay offensively, defensively they're fine, but they don't really have a lot of horses. They got any doll in a quarterback. There's not a lot of juice there. And so I think Tanner brought up to me the most interesting part of this game is are you mature enough as a team everyone can get up for Baltimore. Yeah, I was excited for the Baltimore game. Yeah, this is the one where you got to come out and put up fifty and leave. You know, we're not playing in the fourth quarter like that's because this is what you should do versus this team. Or is there gonna be a is there gonna be an emotional hangover?
Speaker 4: I don't think so. This is not a sugar high team. They don't spike, they don't go through highs and lows. I think coach Quinn does a good job of letting them know every.
Speaker 2: Game call right, we ain't getting up for nobody. We already up. We don't. We don't. We don't go through these things where we think we better than people. So that's what I do love.
Speaker 4: This team is so young that they don't think it's better than nobody.
Speaker 2: They just know this week we got Carolina.
Speaker 4: Next week we're gonna have another team like Carolina, and the next week gonna be.
Speaker 2: The same thing.
Speaker 4: I think they are processing this thing the right way, and they understand if you line up across from us and you got a different color helmet, we're gonna inflict pain.
Speaker 2: We don't care about who you are and what your record is. And just know Carolina's gonna get up for them.
Speaker 5: Carolina's gonna come out here with They're gonna throw everything they got, you know, and a couple of the players moms and dads out there. I mean, they're gonna they're gonna use what they have at full it's gonna be on display because they understand that, hey, you know what they don't they don't sign us up to play on their alumni weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh on coming and Gary is getting his jersey time.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, we got something for the So I'm just basically I'm not saying that it's gonna be a letdown for you know, I'm not saying that.
Speaker 2: I'm saying that.
Speaker 5: Just understand what other teams do when these type of things going on, when they're facing the team, they use everything they give you play board material that's emotionally attached to.
Speaker 2: Frankie, I mean Louis.
Speaker 4: They are going to be like, yeah, I want this, uh and the player feed off that I told you we don't need but one reason to.
Speaker 2: Have to play that week. All right. Well, I think especially with him being the emotional.
Speaker 4: Leader in the rock round guy like he come out this week, he trying to he want to leave with his helm full of just gray and seelver striped because he wants to show them you let me go, you didn't believe in me.
Speaker 2: I'm here to show you. I say one thing too, man.
Speaker 5: We've been giving a lot of praise to Louis, rightfully, sober Man, that chin man he's been He plays flying, all right.
Speaker 2: He plays he played some good football man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think both those guys have a reason to an opportunity to do some big things in this game. And like you said that, maybe that's enough of a reason to get emotionally out. But I think this is the thing that's tough about the NFL. It's every week, every week, someone's coming for your head. I don't care how what that team looks like. I've lost the teams you should have won.
Speaker 5: That record out of do we played Detroit, they had one game two years and they beat us and beat us, so that record goes out the door.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: It's the thing of college, college, high school and any other level.
Speaker 2: You can call those games. You can say who's gonna win?
Speaker 1: Because this is like these guys are professionals. They get paid money to come out of here and get this done. And when you watch, when you watch Carolina, they're playing hard man.
Speaker 2: No, no, they play hard and they believe in Andy Dalton.
Speaker 4: Like Andy Dalton has came in and I hate to say it, kind of reshape that offense, make them into some zeros to a couple of heroes because they get is a legit wide receiver. Adam Feeling can play the game of foot ball, Andy Dalton can throw that ball, Tube Hubbard can run that ball.
Speaker 2: The company's not baring Carolina.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so let's talk about the quarterback real quick. Obviously they kind of I don't know if it's a miss yet. I don't know if he like the jury's out. But Bryce Young was watched the first couple of games of this year for Carolina. Well, it was almost impossible to watch. It was like a non tenable offense with him there. And just they've screwed up at the quarterback spot. And like, to me, like, what's the price of missing on that, because it's like it's stunted the growth of your entire roster. So, Jason or Chenna, you talk for a second. I got a stat for here. Once you get once you get going there.
Speaker 5: No, what I was saying, was it just I don't even feel like it's a miss. I feel like it's just they missed as an organization just putting that guy in that situation. Yeah, I think he came into he came into a lose situation, A lose.
Speaker 2: Lose situation he was knowing.
Speaker 5: Any I mean, you don't have you kind of basically got rid of all your talent and then you bring a number one overall pick who's not a mobile quarterback. Any small yeah, you know what I mean, and try to say, Okay, run this offense. Oh well, Betty, yeah, we're gonna fire that. That's that I've been bringing unders down. Run this offense.
Speaker 2: He don't have nothing, He don't have no suthingce no, basically don't have nothing.
Speaker 5: He can say we at least I learned enough last year that I can still kind of kind of.
Speaker 2: Progressively get better off of this.
Speaker 5: No id to start all over and then I don't play him in the preseason.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, yeah, come on, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: You have to play the game to know, in order to know, you know, to win in these situations. So I just think his situation is one of them situations. I would love to see him with another opportunity elsewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm just put on a real team. I want to see him with the Dolphins line. Come on, what kind of quarterback support it?
Speaker 1: And you're talking about price. So the Bears got for Bryce Young, So they got so the the Carolina Panthers got the first overall pick. They gave the Bears the ninth overall pick, which is Darnell right, and he's their starting right tackle. Yeah, Tyreek Stevenson is their starting corner, right. They got Caleb Williams in this year's draft. They have a second round pick in twenty twenty from Carolina and they traded them Dj Moore lot. That is the cost of doing business. And people say the roster is really bad. Like you look at the roster. They're struggle buson right now. Brown their defensive tackles, Hurt Thompson, their middle their their will linebackers and yeah, he's out with an achilles. They are banged up on the defensive ball they have, they're they're really lacking in talent.
Speaker 4: Rob the bank with that a mess put the money in the bank.
Speaker 2: What they what Chicago Bear did to Carolina right there? So yeah they do. They still have a whole day. It's gonna take years two d guys if.
Speaker 1: It doesn't hit. And like we said, it's still there's some still developmental stuff that could happen with Bryce Sang. It doesn't look good right now. But that leads us to the guy that's playing the game this weekend, and that's Andy Dalton, the Red Water A piece And I think he does some good stuff.
Speaker 2: No, he's a vegering.
Speaker 1: He's made the offense work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Flock all over again. Man. I mean, don't get me wrong, Flock goes on a different level. But did you say Flock over the.
Speaker 5: I think he's I think he has that kind of talent like he can he can wheel those guys into some wins this year.
Speaker 2: He can just flat out through the football.
Speaker 5: And I don't think it's it's funny how guys like him are in the situation in now because of the way the whole dynamics of the quarterback position has changed as far as they're looking for the more due threat guy that that can be a guy that can you know, do it from the pocket in outside. But he's always been a guy that can throw the football, you know what I'm saying ahead of guy. That's why I think too you coming into this game, at least at least we're not having to worry defensively about a guy who couldn't escape the pocket or buy him to be a threat as a runner. Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty sure they'll say, hey, we're gonna throw some of these in there just to keep in mind. But at the same time, I think we can flat out really go out there and pin our ears back and get out to the quarterback a little differently than we did last week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's been able to run the offense a little bit, but I will you kind of believe this already, Fred. So they're starting three rookies on the offense. So Xavier really get Jalen Coker, who's from Holy Cross, and then Jatavian Sanders, the tight end from Texas. And so when you watch them, like, obviously all three of those guys are pretty good athletes and they're pretty good football players, but they're still young in learning football. So there was a play where it's, uh, it's zero man right, and like gets running acrosser, but he thinks it's zone because he doesn't feel the man player, so he sits in the zone that he thinks and so you know, Dalton throws him the football. It's tackled. It's third two or the fourth and two. They got a punt. But you get a veteran in there, Yeah, a guy that's done that before and he's going to score an eighty r touchdowns season, and so I think like the offense is a little bit inexperience from that standpoint. The guys can make plays. Xaviel didn't scored a touch to any exposive play Last week as well, Coker works the seem really well. Delan is out right now, so they're kind of main target is Deontae Johnson, the guy that.
Speaker 2: Was in Pittsburgh, looking like a different receiver from Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's been a little bit more on right now.
Speaker 2: He's a number one guy.
Speaker 1: And so they do you have playmakers? You know you mentioned Chuba Hubbard and Miles Sanders. Is the back of running back. They've got some pieces, but it just is it's not super jailed.
Speaker 2: Yes, and they have no identity, but from what I've watched.
Speaker 4: With them, it's like it's like that the coach he just call and plays like they're not always.
Speaker 2: Attached and none for fluid.
Speaker 1: The thing. The thing that I feel is, I feel it's an offense that's aware that they're not good. So you're gonna get a first down run, you're going to get a second down play pass, you're gonna get a third and five, and they're going to hit some type of empty or spread out and like it's so formulaic because I think they're trying to mitigate risk a little bit. They're trying to say, hey, we know, we're not super towent, so we don't yes correct, so can we be consistent? But they do kill themselves because they do have mental mistakes. They have mis alignments, they have pre snap penalties, all those types of things. Because it's a young offense, I will say their offensive line is very good in past protection.
Speaker 2: They spent a lot of money season on that offensive line.
Speaker 1: Iakwanu, Damian Lewis, Braden Crechinson, Robert Hunt and their starter Taylor Mutan is hurt at the moment, but the backups doing a good job. Niggn what you say, and I'm Jay and An.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: Nervous for a.
Speaker 2: Second, you know, you know you're dona get you to say something stupid. But that group's playing well, so like they Oh my god.
Speaker 1: It's disconjoined. It is the best word for Yeah. It's just not very clean all over the place.
Speaker 4: When I see them, I see I wish I was a cornerback steel because I.
Speaker 2: Could steal something in these games.
Speaker 1: And it's a good it's a well designed offense. It's just the executions just not there. It's the first, like Tennessee, first year of the offense. A lot of stuff going on there, and then.
Speaker 5: You don't have a staple that you can say, I'm really running this offense through this person, correct this particular you know, I guess you can say.
Speaker 2: Blackout or just you know.
Speaker 5: One of the things about it when when I'm watching family earlier on them, like, so, who's the guys, And then when I saw I saw the receiver from you know, Pittsburgh, I'm like, Okay, Johnson, he's the one that that stood out over everybody, and look at it.
Speaker 2: He's phenomenal when he's just a.
Speaker 5: But he's a guy that you know, you can tell that they just waiting to come up, you know, you know, turn that corner around. They ready for him to come around and say, we're gonna we're gonna hand these keys to you, but we need you to get there, man. And that's that's the prime example about how we look at this game now today because you see so many first year guys, so many rookies that's just like, hey, I ain't a rookie.
Speaker 2: I've been doing this for a long time.
Speaker 5: But then you get certain guys that even though they showed flashes, they just haven't quite put it out of the game.
Speaker 2: Is still fast from right to slow down yet, you know, And.
Speaker 1: So that's their offense. So I think that they are kind of dangerous. They can put up some points special with it all, but it's not great. Yeah, the defense is kind of a mess. They're all their defensive linemen are hurt. It's a bunch of backup guys. They are playing hard. But you watch that Atlanta game and there are times where the three technique is six yards d like in the defense. Yeah, and they're like, wow, why can't we tackle the running backs because they're the three techniques blocking the linebacker. I think the linebackers actually pretty good. They run around and got some speed their secondary fred Yeah, pretty good.
Speaker 2: You got horn, You got horn. You got a couple of guys back there.
Speaker 1: They do a Jackson the good job with talking.
Speaker 2: They do a good job.
Speaker 4: That's what I did see because I watched the Atlanta Falcons just really running the ball down their throat, like you know, Atlanta.
Speaker 5: I was about to tell you that too. I was like, if we can get back to what we do ye that bounds attack, it'll be a long day, you know, because we can actually run the football. And I saw the different I mean, you just talked about a three technique being down the field. That guy was in the he was having Chick fil A up in the stands somewhere he was. They got moved, you know, at will. So that's what you you know when you look at stuff like that. Man, don't get me wrong, you can't take nobody likely. But we have players. We have a thing going right now. We just handling our job. Man, do what we've been doing. Man, things should be and you gotta.
Speaker 1: Do what you gotta do. But like Javon Clowney's heard, Brown's heard, Shaq Thompson's heard, they're they're banged up, and we gotta take advantage of a bank defense because I think again, like the offense, I think they're well schemed, got some young, kind of new pieces and they'll struggle a little bit. All right, let's get to the fan favorite.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, hell no.
Speaker 1: Hell no. All right, here we go. First one yep, hell yeah, hell no. The secondary gets two plus interceptions.
Speaker 2: He finally secondary stand up.
Speaker 4: This is the game that you say, you know what, we tied of being the butter of your jokes, were tied and not communicating. We're gonna take Andy Doult and we're gonna try to get us to the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 2: We're gonna try to do.
Speaker 4: We're gonna take Andy doult And and we're gonna excide defensive lad keep his jersey dirty, and I will get you the ball in return.
Speaker 5: They say, when it rains, it pours, And I can honestly see Joe Witt scheming up something to show that snipe with a redhead snipe and some looks.
Speaker 2: That he's going to think that it's favoring him, and then before you know it, yep, right than I have that.
Speaker 5: I can definitely see it again at least two because I feel like this is one of those games where he's going to have to throw the ball around the.
Speaker 2: Field if they start trailing. Anytime, you don't really have to throw, So.
Speaker 1: I know this. This number is a little skewed because Bryce Young was starting for a while. They're the thirtieth ranked team in turnovers, so like the second worst team in turnover, the third worst team in turnovers. They've thrown the most interceptions by a team. Right. They also fumble the ball quite a bit. They lose the fumbles quite a bit, so there is an opportunity here. You know, Dan's always talking about like the ball's life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the bble is live.
Speaker 1: This game, I would say, tell yeah, two turnovers is definitely the thing. All Right, Frankie Luvu gets a sack, I'm gonna say, Frankie.
Speaker 4: Lou get two till you fined me. The Carolina Panthers, y'all look me in the faces, Frankie Louvu and said, guess what, we don't want to pay you.
Speaker 2: So guess what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna pay you back. And this is what players do. You know this what we do. So I'm gonna say two and a half sec for.
Speaker 5: Frankie news flash. We had him here on the players club and he say.
Speaker 2: I circle that game.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I bet he does.
Speaker 2: All I have to say, he's circle that game. Revenge again.
Speaker 5: Mom and Dad coming from across the waters to see this one.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know when mom and dad come to a game this money, you already know what type of game is gonna be.
Speaker 1: So so again the one. The one good thing about Carolina's their offensive lines playing really well. Yeah, they're They've given up the eighth fewest sacks, no, sixth fewest sacks in the NFL, so they're doing a good job.
Speaker 4: Although with two immobile quarterbacks, so you got to say that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so they're doing a good job. Yeah, but I think our guys just gotta be juiced. Man, he's going to be juiced. Y.
Speaker 2: You don't think Joey and the dirt right now, right place doing this to him. Right, But let me say, you know, they ain't like it certain things.
Speaker 1: I'm like, like, I got this from Carolina. That's where Yeah like this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they said you shouldn't be playing play like hell on five for really you gotta love it, can't hell yes, hell to the.
Speaker 1: Yea yeah, hell yes, Okay, Terry continues his touchdown streak.
Speaker 4: Hell yes, and he beats my j Holmes and I kind of helped trying to.
Speaker 2: He's pretty good, No, he real good.
Speaker 4: His daddy hit me up when he was young and asked me because I worke him out. I did work him out. And when that Joe was up, so I was like, man, his feet he's good, big like you would think you a break dance.
Speaker 2: His feet are great and he seemed like your attitude like he's a hell.
Speaker 5: I saw I saw him playing the coverage like d and I'm like I saw him playing the coverage and watching film like he looked that look familiar and when he did when he broke the pass up because he dropped the pic and I see the hawking on the side, I say all that, damn de hall Way. The hall was a great But no, Jayson Hanks gonna be That's gonna be the matchup. But I think Terry is gonna be Terry.
Speaker 2: Laughing there, what are you laughing at, Jameson. Terry's gonna be Terry Man, Terry, Terry is.
Speaker 5: Terry is now finally starting to reap what he deserves man, from these courts, from from having a struggle so long with the quarterbacks, He's getting.
Speaker 2: His dude, just or what you say, just do? Just just do?
Speaker 5: I mean, Jadon is finding the Jadon is realized. They're starting to build that chemistry.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: I just think it's hard for him not to be a vital impact in every game we got going forward when it comes in the passing game.
Speaker 1: Uh hell yeah. Just because I think also, and we're going to talk about this on the Command Centers show on YouTube on Thursday. Makes you check it out? Is I think he's got a really good relationship with Jay Daniels yeah, and Tanner can speak to this probably better than anybody. When you have a good relationship with the quarterback, touchdowns find you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh you gotta just catch the ball and you're gonna have the best relationship. He show he's shown me catching it every time he throws. He's shown he bringing it in.
Speaker 4: So hey, listen, I see his future one of my He's a great guy.
Speaker 2: Call me now I see a touchdown? Madam what Miami? I know exactly clear, I'm not just satting you.
Speaker 5: Like no man, no madam Clio Cleo saying call.
Speaker 4: Me listen, Terry smile because listen. Just it's a rainbow, just like he's lying, It's just circle. I love it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: All right, hell you last one? Yeah? I think hell yeah?
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, okay, last one.
Speaker 1: Commanders get for hundred plus total offensive yards.
Speaker 2: Hey, can we just make this thing a clean, sweetest to the w Hell yeah, hell yeah, I'm with it. Four hundred case.
Speaker 4: I mean, let's just say we get one hundred and sixty seventy Russian I mean you need but like that.
Speaker 5: This might be that game that Jayden get his first three hundred.
Speaker 2: Well has he had three hundred? Yes, hundred first.
Speaker 5: Three hundred last week was his his most to sixty nine first first game.
Speaker 4: If you get three hundred excluding Terry, who is that golden goose who gets the second most yards.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's interesting.
Speaker 5: I think now you have to say he probably used a package of guys because you can man, Austin Eckerley just find his way to swiggle, wiggle out the back feeling and get thirty forty fifty yards every time he gets me put the ball in his hands. But I would say Earth is a vital target from man like he's just finding his way to get open.
Speaker 2: He he hasn't.
Speaker 5: He hasn't been the guy that you know from the past breaking tagles.
Speaker 2: But we don't even do that. And and you got to talk about the guy Brown Noah has been phenomenal. I mean yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Said, one of the Brown Brothers, Downtown Brown Brothers, Noah.
Speaker 5: I just don't see a game without Terry being an impact. So he's gonna be involved.
Speaker 1: He's going to be in big time. That's a good question because I do have a pretty solid secondary, I think because those will win those matchups with those linebackers. Those guys are really fast.
Speaker 5: But I don't think ye, I say, I say, Zach going to get a lot of opportunities this week, and don't be surprised.
Speaker 2: Luke McCaffrey, Luke.
Speaker 5: Luke getting that thing and he just played with the motor Man and you got to pay a guy back. You got to give him, you know, what he deserves and get him some targets because he's out there.
Speaker 2: Pierre got some in him. He's out there block and he's out there, he just throwing.
Speaker 4: He reminds me of like if I would play against Luke like I'm playing against Pierre.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a little scrappy. He's scrappy. He might not he might not get up talking that smoke like Perre. Pierre wanted you on the thig off. That was the crazy that Haitian don't play. Yeah, I played with.
Speaker 1: I'm just remembering, Yeah, like how absolutely unhinged. He would sound like hey man, like chill, how I'm good and just walked back. He's always in control.
Speaker 2: It was like a dude that will bipolar.
Speaker 5: He can talk so articulate and then he goes telling you about your mom and your daddy the next outing blood Yeah on.
Speaker 1: Blood, you mean he was he was a good teammate.
Speaker 2: Man, I loved I love Pierre.
Speaker 4: He's a great person and the South Carolina man, Listen, get back on the snide like it's all about getting the win. I don't care if it's about one point. I keep hearing everybody saying we should blow him out. I don't look at proteins that way. At the end of the day, we are the better team. We a home. Can you do what you're supposed to do? There's gonna always be the question with us. That's the only way we gain respect. You don't gain respect from losing to the bottom Ravens by seven. You gain respect for being the teams you should be.
Speaker 5: You know, we talk about this thing like I said this on the post game show.
Speaker 2: You know we got knocked down.
Speaker 5: Now talk Now it's time to see how to bounce back, feel you know what I mean. I think the way you do that is by having a great week of practice. And I think I'm loving just having this staff in here alone, you know, the coaching staff, because I truly believe they understand what it takes to be a championship contender.
Speaker 2: And it's by.
Speaker 5: Handling business like you didn't have that l last week. I'm pretty sure they're gonna get right back to business, go out there and play the game that we're looking for these guys playing come Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, can't wait. Becoming a big fan of this team. Obviously really excited to see what they do each and every week. Make sure you check us out wherever you get your podcasts. If you want to see us talking in person, you can check us out on YouTube and check out all the rest of the Commander's content. But at the meantime, can't wait for this game.
Speaker 2: But for today, Hey, first of all, get your tickets.
Speaker 1: Put Fred in there. This tire is already second later.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.