Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong and Jettie and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 1: Thanks one.
Speaker 3: P Diddy's girlfriend has taking the stand in that trial, and we're monitoring that and if she corroborates some of the horrifying testimony from yesterday or says anything exciting, will pass that along to you. Also, I'm liking this conversation that's catching on online of Hey, the French gave us the Statue of Liberty as a gift, Why Kate Katar give us a.
Speaker 1: Plane as a gift? What's the deal?
Speaker 4: As a as an argument, So that's yeah, that's interesting, and there are ethical questions here, but I feel like they can be resolved.
Speaker 3: I just so we brought this up, and it's always been true of Trump. I mean from day one, I've been pointing this out, how he often steps on such good news.
Speaker 1: So they he had the.
Speaker 3: Prescription Executive Order yesterday lower the cost of prescriptions, which should be a huge, like news cycle win for you and maybe the whole trade thing coming to an end. And you know, it ended up being for a lot of the dominant media. The whole receiving a plane from Qatar was the Yeah, obliterated it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The drug price thing is an interesting topic too. Maybe we'll take that on at some point today or tomorrow. You know how much can actually be done, but we'll keep you up to date on various stuff as it develops.
Speaker 3: Well, and it was an executive order. I just came across this from Sarah Iger of The Dispatch. Trump's has signed five bills into law in the first one hundred days, the fewest of any president since at least the fifties might be earlier than that, which means and everything that has been accomplished can be reversed with the stroke of a pen by the next president.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to do to your hopes. What did he and his pals did to his ex girlfriend?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's raining exactly.
Speaker 4: But yeah, there's a limited amount that he can actually do and and and where this ends is probably not anywhere near the promise. But anyway, having said that, I've been wanting to talk about this for a little while. That Colorado, which is in so many ways of wonderful state, I mean, just scenic as can be and for the longest time just normal, you know, just the great plains, good hard working, normal people. You get a little artsy FARTSI around Denver and but it's just it's a I love Colorado, I always have since the first time I was I was.
Speaker 1: There, and gorge and more.
Speaker 4: But it has gone full on woke lunatic right now. A few examples and and particularly from the Department of gender bending madness. It's called tolerance. As this person is pointing out Lathan Watson. We'll get to some of his words in a couple of minutes. But what they're tolerating is mutilating procedures that put radical ideology ahead of children's health. This is all about kids and the so called gender affirming care, which is radical gender theory experimentation on healthy young bodies. It's disgusting. But there's this one house build that would require insurance companies. It would force them to cover so called gender affirming drugs and procedures for both children and adults, including puberty blockers, cross sex hormones, and their removal of healthy breasts and genitalia. Insurance companies are forced to cover that. Here's a different build that would require courts to consider actions like misgendering a child or using your child's actual name. It would require courts to consider that a form of coercive control, which is a euphemism for child abuse.
Speaker 3: I would never hold up, but it would sure be a nightmare going through the process until you challenged it in rue.
Speaker 4: But in child custody decisions. Oh, be horrible. That's because that's what that was. Yeah, that was the rest of the sentence. That's where they're using this.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: Wait a second, Dad still calls Jimmy jimmy, so he should.
Speaker 1: Definitely lose customs. Oh my god.
Speaker 4: And if another if a court from another state gives custody to a parent who affirms the child's biological sex, a bill directs Colorado courts to ignore that decision and instead a word custody of the parent who pushes the child toward transition, purely because they pushed the child toward transition. You crazy people, right, and anybody who believes in you know, as for instance, the Gaze against Groomer's group says, we believe children are perfect as they are. They don't need drugs and hormones and surgery. They are what they ought to be anyway, And if parents seek compassionate cou for their child, and this is going to be brought home to roost with some audio we're about to play for you.
Speaker 1: If the.
Speaker 4: Parents say, my kid was the victim of something, or is confused, or has been led down the path of radicalism by teachers or activists, any counselor who speaks any message in Colorado that know you are what you should be. You are made that way by God. Let's come to terms with whatever's bothering you. But you're a boy, that counselor can be subject to steep finds and can lose his or her license.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping this is the last gasp of this sort of thing.
Speaker 4: I really hope. So this is awful. It's unspeakably. People are so crazy. It's just it's just it's amazing how crazy people.
Speaker 1: Can get well.
Speaker 4: And then the Nathan points out that, as Colorado's recent history demonstrates, bad legislation often leads to good case law law. So but his point, and it's so sad if you think about it, is how many more confused adolescent kids are going to be victimized before these cases get overturned.
Speaker 1: And these horrifying laws.
Speaker 4: You know, are exposed to the light of day, and you know, and I'll just say this very briefly, Europe, the US, everywhere that looks at this stuff says this does not help kids, that there is no scientific evidence that these experiments should continue on children. There is none anyway. Having said that, this is.
Speaker 1: A woman named.
Speaker 4: Brandy Cruz who's talking to Anna, who was I think a guy who was convinced that they were a girl.
Speaker 1: And they use the term CSA a couple of times.
Speaker 4: It's childhood's sexual assault that gets clarified later, but I just want you to understand that. So Michael, we'll start with thirty. This is a Brandy Cruz talking to Anna.
Speaker 5: Doctors told me that what was wrong with me and how I felt about my body was not from CSA, even though I went there and said, did CSA make me this way? Yes, it's a childhood sexual assault and they said no. They said no. They said being gay as innate and being trans as an eight and what you have is gender identity disorder. They diagnosed me with gender dysphoria. And I believed their books for about seventeen years.
Speaker 4: So they said no, no, no, childhood sexual trauma could make you feel uncomfortable with your body. No, it's innate, it's born in you. You are transgendent.
Speaker 3: Where now they come up with these letters for these like really you know, rough situations, to try to make them so academic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's not. Let's call it word it is. Yeah, roll on, Michael, are you willing to tell me everything that you went through?
Speaker 5: I had facial feminization surgery. I had sex reassignment surgery. I was on HRT for seventeen years. Now I'm on a combo dose because I can't go off. I have multiple health conditions from transitioning young and for transitioning for so long.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that poor person.
Speaker 3: I saw somebody the other day in one of those TikTok videos that had had just got their atom app Adam's apple shaved.
Speaker 1: That's got to be quite the process.
Speaker 4: And oh so this poor confused child rape victim convinced that no, it's your transgender at his healthy penis and testicles removed, jabbed with powerful hormones, which now she I don't know how, I don't remember how Anna chooses to live. I think is a woman at this point, because they have such terrible hormonal imbalances. They've got to take these powerful hormones for the rest of their lives.
Speaker 1: Rollan, what was it for you that kind of woke you up to This isn't what I should have done.
Speaker 5: I found out that homosexual transition was environmentally caused in almost every single case by a childhood sexual assault or by internalized homophobia.
Speaker 1: Failed boy syndrome.
Speaker 5: I was given a blanket diagnosis given anybody who has a body issue as a child nowadays.
Speaker 1: Failed the boy syndrome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know there are a lot of technical terms in this, but it is if you are uncomfortable with your body, you're uncomfortable, you're attracted guys. Whatever, It's a blanket diagnosis these days, says Anna roll On.
Speaker 6: How do you find your story received by people who continue to sort of push medicalization?
Speaker 5: If they hate me, They call me a bigot, They say that trans women are women, they say that gender dysphoria is a valid diagnosis.
Speaker 1: And god forbid, You're.
Speaker 5: A feminate and you believe that something's wrong with you as a man because you like pretty things and are sassy.
Speaker 1: So how do you how do you identify nout?
Speaker 5: I'm a gay man.
Speaker 1: Have you lost friends or anyone by de transitioning.
Speaker 5: If I was canceled by every friend I had who was liberal in this city and had to leave the city.
Speaker 4: Oh, they hate me, they call me a bigot. Can you imagine that last clip?
Speaker 1: Why is it important for you to be here?
Speaker 5: Because people are being lied to and they're being diagnosed. They're not being diagnosed with what actually causes the gender disport. They're just being diagnosed with a symptom of a problem. And there are multiple problems that cause those symptoms. And when you don't appropriately diagnose people, you lead them into a life of ruin. All of these interventions are permanent, they're irreversible, and they lied to me.
Speaker 1: There's a huge scandal going on in the UK right now.
Speaker 4: Scotland's top social worker has now come out against the powers that be and she was also the director of the Scottish Child Law Center and said care bosses that's the welfare essentially failed to uphold existing equality lawns stood by way. Social workers who bravely challenged gender ideology were bullied and lost jobs. The Scottish Care Inspectorate and other government funded bodies all signed up to imposing belief and gender identity on social workers and on vulnerable service users, claiming that the law supported this. She accused the bosses of causing untold harm by abandoning child protection principles and giving into radical gender ideology. So they throw away all of the things they claimed that they were there to do to protect children in the face of the bullying by the gender activists.
Speaker 3: By the way, social go ahead, we have some breaking news on this story. The Pentagon is halting gender affirming healthcare for transgender troops as it implements Trump's new policy.
Speaker 4: Social workers were advised by these and other powerful bodies that they must offer automatic affirmation of gender identity, even in very young children whose parents are adopters were claiming to have identified this, including those with serious and complex psychiatric conditions. And then you got people autistic you're a rape victim, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: They get gender affirming care because they're transgender. Well, those are awful.
Speaker 3: And then you've got the ones where the parents are just so enthused about their kids being this. What's that actress, the blonde one who won the oscar for being the serial.
Speaker 1: Killer shar least thereon?
Speaker 3: Yeah, who says both her kids are trans at ages like two and four or whatever.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: And she finally said, unbelievably, we were also asked to accept the claim gender identity of serious sex offenders and to indulge them, etc. It's just unbelievable. How did a belief system this crazy get so far and claim so many victims? And Colorado is still you know, you said, we hope for past the peak of this, and on the way down, Colorado is trying to push it further.
Speaker 1: Right now, I do think we're on the other side of it.
Speaker 3: I mean, we can all feel that, but there are still places where they're fight, where they're fighting the good fight in their mind, the crazy fight, the insane fight, damaging the children fight.
Speaker 4: Your kid is effeminate, your kid is gay, your kid is fine. You don't have to if the idea that, yes, my kid is so sick they need surgery.
Speaker 1: Come on, Oh my God.
Speaker 3: Said, if you have any thoughts on any of this, you could text us four one, five, two nine five KFTC. Maybe the biggest celebrity trial in the generation p ditty according to some people. AnyWho, We'll have to decide whether we want updates on this on a regular basis. The star witness, his ex girlfriend of ten years, is on the stand right now, Katie any headlines for us.
Speaker 7: Yeah, at the moment, she's visibly upset. Also eight and a half months pregnant.
Speaker 1: Just as a note, Yeah, that's so fun.
Speaker 7: She's been asked to describe her relationship with Ditty.
Speaker 1: She said, quote, there.
Speaker 7: Were violent arguments that would usually result in some form of physical abuse, dragging, different things of that nature. And then she was asked to describe what a freak off was. It basically entails the hiring of an escort and setting up this experience so that I.
Speaker 1: Could perform for Sean.
Speaker 7: Him being able to watch me with another person and actually direct us on what we were doing seemed to be what he enjoyed. Eventually it became a job for me pretty much.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, as the guy testified yesterday, sometimes for as long as ten hours. I don't even I don't even know what that means. Ten hours, Yeah.
Speaker 4: And she was I'm just looking through some of the news accounts. She said she was naive and a total people pleaser and feared making him angry or comfortable with the rejection.
Speaker 1: Combs controlled much of her life.
Speaker 4: She said she feared that she'd be blackmailed with videos and images of her participation in the free coughs, as well as threatened with violence.
Speaker 3: I saw the part yesterday where somebody is saying he'd constantly be saying more baby oil. You need more baby oil. He had a thing for baby oil for some reason.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Wow, All right, Well that's your update on that. Anything else happens, we'll bring it on to you. Here's a grim story from the Narco state, that is our trading partner in country south of US, in Mexico. Some woman that was running for mayor in some town on a I'm going to stand up to the cartels sort of ticket.
Speaker 1: See Can I guess how that sentence ends?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no kidding, gunned down on live television in front of all her supporters yesterday, her and her daughter and several other people on her campaign and just yeah, murdered on television. No ya ain't is what the cartels said. And the New York Post runs through the six hundred and sixty one different attacks last year on politicians across Mexico who tried to stand up to the cartels. I mean, true patriots were really knowingly risking their lives to try to make the town they live in safe and worth a damn for their own family. But there's some gruesome examples, and it doesn't even really hardly make the news here anymore. It happened so often, got exactly one hundred and sixty one. Yeah, I got an example here of a guy who was a mayor in someplace.
Speaker 1: Well, this guy was shot and killed.
Speaker 3: This guy was shot and killed, this guy was shot and killed, and then he got one hero was.
Speaker 1: Beheaded in his head, left on the top of his car for everyone to see the next morning.
Speaker 4: Here's a woman who was the mayor wanted to continue his policies. She was murdered walking home from the gym with her bodyguard. Bodyguard when that didn't do that good a job, probably, Yeah, it's that's rough.
Speaker 3: That is really really rough, that that goes on to that extent, and we pay so little attention to it. What me right next door was But oh my point was I knew I had a point, man, hang on to your culture of law and order, because once it goes getting it back could be a hundred year project or more.
Speaker 4: And that's why a lot of us have been railing so hard against a lot of the progressive policies that have you know, made crime legal again and emptied the prisons again. It takes two weeks to do ndoe and maybe two hundred years to get back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is rough. We got a lot more on the way.
Speaker 3: Get If you missed a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty from the.
Speaker 8: Government of Cutter a massive seven forty seven to eight luxury jet that's been called a flying palace. The jet, which is bigger and more luxurious than Air Force one, would almost certainly be the most expensive gift ever from a foreign power. It has two fully furnished floors, plush carpet leather couches, and two bedrooms.
Speaker 3: I had a good discussion on a podcast yesterday about how many people give a crap about this? Maybe you should, Maybe it's way out of bounds. Maybe it's an emolument's clause.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about the emolument's clause?
Speaker 3: But how many people this is register with even if it's a maybe you shue?
Speaker 1: I'll bet not a lot.
Speaker 3: Anyway. I've only read this, I haven't actually heard it. The back and forth the reporter in Trump yesterday.
Speaker 5: Here we go, say, people who knew that luxury chet as a personal get to you, why not leave.
Speaker 2: It behind me? See fake news?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Why not only only you see?
Speaker 9: Well a few of you would, let me tell you, you should be embarrassed asking that question. They're giving us a free jet. I could say, no, no, no, don't give us. I want to pay you a billion or four hundred million or whatever it is. Or I could say thank you very much. You know, there was an old golfer named Sam Sneed. Did you ever hear me? Want Ad two terms? Was a great golfer that he had a motto. When they give you a putt, you say thank you very much, You pick up your ball and you walk to the next hole.
Speaker 2: A lot of people are stupid.
Speaker 9: They say no, no, I insist start putting it, and then they put it and they miss it and their partner gets angry at them. You know what, remember that Sam Snead, When they give you a putt, you pick it up and you walk.
Speaker 2: To the next hole and you say thank you very much. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't like the kataris trying to buy a favor. I just don't I'm not comfortable with it. Yeah, I don't know if you bear the world's biggest backers of the Muslim Brotherhood. The Qatar was a pariah in the Middle East because the Muslim Brotherhood is an islam Islamist organization. It was causing all sorts of problems for the other governments in the region. And they've mended some of those fences. But yeah, I just I don't like the feel of it.
Speaker 3: No, if I have to choose one or the other, I'd rather we didn't take the plane from the Katari has been ranked very high on my list of give a craps.
Speaker 1: This yeah, bigger problems for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so a couple of things I wanted to mention personally. First of all, I just moved to chat GPT to the first page of my iPhone. Wow, okay, I am Judy and I are planning a trip. I've used it for a number of things, but we're planning a trip now. And I've heard that that artificial intelligence in general, whatever you know your favorite platform is, is really good at that. I am astounded by how great it is. Yeah, I just, oh my goodness, I'm only dabbling.
Speaker 3: But it is, like you said the other day, Why would you use Google? Now that you've got this, It's way better than Google, way better than Google for whatever question you've got for instance.
Speaker 4: So I've been an Anglo file fascinated by all things British since I was a little kid, and I've never spent any time in the UK really, which is just I'm horrified by that.
Speaker 1: I let myself get as old as.
Speaker 4: I am, and it's inexplicable anyway, except that I have a job that I got to show up for five days a week, and it's harder to take big long trips anyway. And so I was asking it what part of town should we stay in? Here are our interests, here's our budget, you know, and it recommended several different parts of town that would be great.
Speaker 1: Mostly Freigki.
Speaker 3: I like Figgie pudding and spotted Dick and I need Figgie putting in spotted Dick.
Speaker 4: In Kidney pot anyway, and then I said, well, our interests. I saw the results and I said, our interests are especially this, that and the other. End it refined the results and then I said, hey, what are some day trips we could take from London because we're going to stay for quite a few days. And it gives great day trips, the time it takes to get there, how you would get there. And then it said would you like an itinerary for a trip to Oxford to take in classical music? I said yes please, and it said, all right, take this. You know you leave that now you go to that they have a concert at ten am. Then you blah blah blah. It's just it's amazing anyway.
Speaker 1: So that's one thing. So second, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know there is such thing at travel agents anymore anyway, but they're out of a job.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now they could maybe handle some of the logistics like booking you tickets, behave more like a concierge.
Speaker 1: Than a I don't know than a planner.
Speaker 4: But anyway, because I got to admit, some of that logistics stuff is a little uh, not daunting exactly, just a pain in the butt. But the other thing is I want to thank everybody who through the years has said, Joe, you would love Black Mirror, the Netflix series.
Speaker 1: Have you watched that at all?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: But people keep referencing it and I think I need to check it out. It is Katie your fan, h fan, huge fan, so it is.
Speaker 4: I would describe it as a modern day cinematic quality Twilight Zone, which is probably not an original description.
Speaker 1: I'm sure other people have used that too.
Speaker 4: Each episode stands alone, at least so far that I've watched. They're not it's not a serial. It's like individual, fairly short movies revolving around the theme of man trying to deal with the new technological world, okay, and paranoia and identity. And it's all very not cerebral, but it themes are worth wrestling with. The first episode is one of the most hilariously funny, horrifying things I've ever seen. It was with the Pig Katie. Oh yeah, season one, episode.
Speaker 1: One, Oh yeah, we're going back but yeah, and the Politician. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyway, So if you haven't yet dived into it, I recommend it highly. It's themes are mature that you don't want to watch this with your kids, So if you're fright, I'm begging you don't.
Speaker 3: But so, if like me, you're constantly wondering where AI and Stuff's going to.
Speaker 1: Take us, this would be a good show for that. Oh my gosh, yes, you mean example. Well, and I'm in the early days, Katie, what's you know? Later later? It's Okay, here's it. Whatever springs to mind.
Speaker 7: Possible spoiler alert issue, but oh that's all right. The latest episode I just watched they are living in a world in the UK where the honeybee is now an endangered species. So this company took it upon themselves to create.
Speaker 1: Little mini drones.
Speaker 7: That look like bumblebees and they pollinate and take care of, you know what, the bees job.
Speaker 4: That's a wonderful and inspiring idea. Thank you for telling us about the episode.
Speaker 7: Hey, so somebody hijacks all of the bees and they start killing people.
Speaker 1: Okay, going through the ears for everywhere bees.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh no, Hey, I tell you what nanodrones in warfare. I read about that years ago and it still haunts my dreams. Drones so small you can't even see them with the naked eye, individually swarming the battlefield and swarming the lungs of your opponents and just detonating their lungs.
Speaker 3: I'm highly interested in all those things, and a lot of those things can come true or will come true. And then you've just got the very basic thing of AI. Like you were talking about how good chat GPT is doing stuff. It's just if it shaves off even if it doesn't eliminate every job, If it shaves off ten jobs, I mean, it's going to restructure society in such a drastic way.
Speaker 1: Ten percent would be cataclysmic. Right.
Speaker 3: My brother, who has been a truck driver at various times in his life, sent me some stuff about the new Tesla semi trucks that they're trying in Texas right now, and he said, Man, if this works, it's just going to be devastating because that's a huge job nationwide truck driver and you eliminate all those and all of a sudden, all of those dudes, mostly dudes, got to find a different way to make a living. This is underappreciated. Is how seismic a shift.
Speaker 4: This is going to be well, and we're dealing really so like maybe in the next year. Days we're already dealing with And we talked about this hour one of the show. I think how the budget negotiations going on right now in the House, especially fiscal conservatism is gone, and the current to reform Medicaid, for instance, the new perverse, twisted, bloated Medicaid that Obamacare just exploded. Nobody has the will because it's too easy to demagoge it and say they're.
Speaker 1: Trying to take away healthcare for the poor, and people will believe that.
Speaker 4: And it's just if the AI thing happens and that ten percent happens. I mean, how many Americans are working at this point. Honestly, it's like one hundred and forty one hundred and fifty million.
Speaker 1: It's a half.
Speaker 4: You got kids and old people and blah blah blah. But that's an astonishing addition to the welfare roles, Medicaid disability, because you know what's going to happen to those truck drivers. And I based this on some stuff I've been reading about, you know some of the you know, more run downtowns in the Steel belt and stuff like that, is they go on fake disability.
Speaker 1: That's what happens.
Speaker 4: The government people and the corporate people say to the guys, look, this is a job's fair and a training program, but we don't really mean it, y'all. If you stay in this town, you're gonna end up on disability. So here's how you apply for disability. Here's what you need to tell them, and those numbers will just just explode.
Speaker 3: So you might have to read jigger some of your prize picks based on what happened in the basketball last night with the best player for the defending champions going down. I don't know what your opinion was, who was gonna win in the NBA. You download the Price Picks app and you've got the opportunity to take your sports opinions and turn them into cash really really fast.
Speaker 4: It's super easy too, and easy to understand. You just choose more or less on two at least two player stat projections.
Speaker 1: He's gonna score more points than that.
Speaker 4: He's gonna score less, And it's two to six players for your shot to win up to two thousand times your cash. And heck, you got a theory on some guy going off in basketball and one hitter you think is gonna go wild in baseball. You can combine those sports for your lineup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so download the app today and use a code Armstrong to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. That quote Armstrong gets you fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup and.
Speaker 4: Prize picks super customer oriented withdrawals are fast, safe and secure, with some hitting your account as little as fifteen minutes again, download the prize picks after today. Use that code Armstrong, get fifty bucks instantly after you play just five dollars.
Speaker 1: Lineup prize picks, run your game.
Speaker 3: Inflation numbers came out today, lowest annual inflation in four years.
Speaker 1: WHOA.
Speaker 3: That has got to be good news, right? Does that mean they can start lowering interest rates? Is that what that possibly means? As perhaps?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I tell you what. This is sobering news, and you know how I hate to be sober. The labor market for recent college grads has deteriorated noticeably in the first quarter of this year.
Speaker 1: The trend continuing but getting worse.
Speaker 3: I'd like to hear a little more about that and mainly why, among other things. On the way stay here.
Speaker 7: NBC just announced that Michael Jordan will contribute to the NBA covers next season.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Between this and The Pope, Chicago's like, OMG, best week ever?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Oh, the Pope's brother is a character. Oh yeah, he's got some strong opinions. Yes, we'll drill down into those during our four of the show. What you don't get our four You've got to go to work or something. A gravi it later via podcast Armstrong and getting on demand.
Speaker 3: He's going to be like the Billy Carter for the Pope.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, not a terrible comparison. So stay tuned for that if you can, or again grab it later. So while Bill Maher was talking to Donna Brazil, a longtime Democrat activist. You know, interesting lady, no doubt. But they're talking about AI and the future and employment and everything we've been discussing. Here's how it went. This has come out this week.
Speaker 10: Graduation season is upon us and the unemployment rates of new grads way up.
Speaker 2: Why is that?
Speaker 10: Because AI is doing the jobs that even the white collar.
Speaker 1: Kids used to be able to code.
Speaker 10: There's a company, Aurora Driver driverless trucks.
Speaker 2: It makes well.
Speaker 10: They've already tested it over twelve hundred miles. So there's three point five to five million truck drivers in America and.
Speaker 1: This and that Uber drivers.
Speaker 10: They're going to be out of a job, cashiers. We already see it at the Amazon warehouse. What are we going to do?
Speaker 6: What are the robo possibilities of heaven? You know, these automated systems help us reduce you know, work workplace hazards. I mean, there are things that they can do that human beings cannot do. They can lift things, they can move things, they can box things. So we have to adapt to the future, Bill.
Speaker 1: We can't run from a Wow, what meaningless problem that was. We need to adapt to the future Bill. Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. How workplace injuries or whatever.
Speaker 3: It's interesting how the left immediately jumps to its great that AI will be able to replace jobs. I guess leaning more into the idea that people shouldn't.
Speaker 4: Have to work, or that they'll become poets or I don't know, democratic activists if they don't have to put food on the table.
Speaker 1: Eh. Interesting, So some numbers are out.
Speaker 4: Labor market for recent college graduates deteriorated noticeably in the first quarter of this year. Unemployment rate jumped to five point eight percent, and the under employment rate rose sharply to forty one point two percent. I would have to click several times to get to their precise definition of underemployment, but I have a feeling it has to do with either not in a field they're educated for or not working enough hours. But yeah, and they don't really explain why. Again, that would take a fair amount of digging. But it's softened up and it makes sense. I mean, speaking of AI, there are just a lot of I'm a college graduate, I've got a cubicle job, I don't work outside with my hands jobs.
Speaker 1: How do you describe it? Office jobs?
Speaker 4: In short, I guess a technology is taking care of a lot of those and b As we've been discussing for quite a while now, college degrees are getting phonier and phonier the extent to which they indicate that this person has gained important skills and insights about.
Speaker 1: The world in life. That wouldn't mean anything to me.
Speaker 4: No, no, it could, but they did. That just doesn't mean that anymore. Having a diploma doesn't mean that.
Speaker 3: So once we start, I think we all, I think everybody agrees that we're going to be heading down a road where there is some sort of guaranteed income for a certain segment of society, maybe not like permanently, but transitioning in and out.
Speaker 1: Of work or something like that.
Speaker 3: But once that starts, are people going to be fighting each other to try to get it into that category? Like you want to be one of the people that gets the guaranteed income and doesn't have to work or would that seem like a horror to most people?
Speaker 1: It seems like a horror to me.
Speaker 4: I think we'll have the standard makers and takers, you know, division in society, but it'll be weighted way towards the takers.
Speaker 3: Would it have seemed like a horror to me when I was twenty two, I don't know when my standard living was so low that meeting it or exceeding it wouldn't take much. And I was perfectly happy with my standard of living, maybe with the idea of okay, that'd be fine, you know, and then I don't have to work, and I can I'll get a degree and this or that eventually, and then you just don't get around to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And then I think they're your secondary effects or whatever that second tier effects. You deny the incentive for many, many people to excel at anything, to live a life of purpose, even to stay busy, and that will cascade into serious moological changes. I think, because you know, young, how do I put this? If you fundamentally change the purposes of people's lives and how they spend each day and why they spend each day doing them, that causes enormous political instability. Just everything changes, and the number of people who are on the government dole, and the way the government takes in revenue and then hands it back out again, the way private industry, even if it's all robots and AI, generates that income, and then how it's confiscated from them, and blah blah. I mean, that's that serious earthquake level changing of society.
Speaker 3: That I think is not one hundred years off or fifty years off or twenty years off.
Speaker 1: I think it's like two years off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know, but it's it's definitely not one hundred years old.
Speaker 3: Will you add the whatever he said three million truck drivers to the however many million uber drivers, they'll all be gone soon with the way MOS in that and you know a few more of those white collar jobs you're discussing, You're gonna have enough million people out there that are gonna need some sort of guaranteed didn't come, I guess. And why would the rest of us be okay with paying for them to not do anything?
Speaker 4: Because we're just satisfied with working hard and having our money confiscated by the government to hand out for those people who are you know, victims of AI or whatever.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what too.
Speaker 4: If they announced in the next however long period, do you want to pick that? Hey, you know that hallucinations problem with AI systems.
Speaker 1: We've fixed it.
Speaker 4: We've figured out what caused that, and so now there is zero chance our AI attorney will ever come up with a fake case or give bad legal advice. There's zero chance our AI accountant will hallucinate some sort of tax deduction that doesn't exist and you go to jail. We've got that taken care of. Then, man, you're gonna see white collar jobs disappear like crazy.
Speaker 3: And that if that robot stops swinging its arm around trying to decapitate people and starts lifting boxes, and you eliminate all those.
Speaker 1: Jobs, so you're either unemployed or decapitated. This is the future, Armstrong and Getty