Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season three, h nine, Episode three of.
Speaker 2: Der DALLY'SAI Guys Day production of ike Part Radio.
Speaker 1: This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's share consciousness.
Speaker 2: And it is Wednesday, October eighteenth, twenty twenty three. What are we looking at? Oh Man, First, it's I don't even know what the fuck National exis Scale Day. It's apparently about the scientists who make breakthroughs discoveries, but it's from the tenth century. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know what's going on with this one. But hey, I know what's going on here. International Legging Day, Law Day USA, National No Beard Day, shout out me who cannot grow no beard ever. Medical Assistance Recognition Day, shout out to all the medical systems out there. National Chocolate Cupcake Day, Hagfish Day, and it says support your local champerman, fuck your local Chamber of.
Speaker 1: Com Fuck your local Chamber of Commerce Day.
Speaker 2: Wait wait wait, Hagfish to Day. Yeah, Yeah, deserved day. Those damn Joey everything gets its fucking day.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you, I guess it's just Hagfish feels like low on the priority list.
Speaker 2: Of things that should get days. I'm just hot take I know. Oh yeah, no, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 1: We slimey eels occasionally snot snakes. I feel like whoever is coming up with nicknames for them maybe shouldn't go as hard on them, and then maybe we wouldn't need to give them a damn day. But yeah, this is necessary name.
Speaker 2: They're called hagfish.
Speaker 1: Hagfish is not a great name to start with. And then oh, you don't like hagfish? Okay, how about slime el asshole? Yeah? Oh not that either. Okay, we'll go a snot snake. It does sound like they're being named by bullies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, what if they were calling just like gummy buddies or something like that, and we celebrate the I love I'd love Gummy Buddy day.
Speaker 2: Apparently, apparently they're like slime was being like researched by the Navy because it was like such a strong, stronger than nylon. But hey, then how would you sell nylon? So they probably guys shout to DuPont. Okay, so I've switched on this. I'm glad hagfish have it there, but I think they got thank you. We are problem I think that's right.
Speaker 1: Well, my name is Jack O'Brien aka they talk to you in the in your sleep, sitting on a shelf, they creep me out.
Speaker 2: I do not trust these dolls with.
Speaker 1: Bones, doll bones, doll bones, doll bones, doll bones. I'm begging of you, please don't take my bones. That's courtesy of Decoy Decoy on the Discord, and we've got some new lure courtesy of this song in the expanded Bones in Doll Cinematic Universe. The bones that they the doll the dolls with bones, they get their bones from taking your bones.
Speaker 2: Which that makes sense now, Scar, Yeah, that's I'm gonna have the AI write a movie about that now.
Speaker 1: And their bone are their money. Anyway, it's okay for me to reference. I think you should leave. I think I'm gonna say it's okay.
Speaker 2: Anyways.
Speaker 1: I'm throwing to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles.
Speaker 2: Gray aka I astro project myself away. Sometimes I'm like Mayo Best Foods Mayo shout out to Blinky Heck with that dynamite tail cruise aka talking about Mike Pence. He Wo likes to astrally project himself out of confrontation.
Speaker 1: And his favorite food is definitely Mayo. Like he's the only person with a with a worse answer to what is your favorite meat? Like you know, Romney was, My favorite meat is hot dog. His would be mayo somehow.
Speaker 2: And he would probably be like, oh, I like to eat it, like how Winnie the Pooh eats honey. It's a pot of it and I just scoop it out into my mouth. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He gets in like a wrestling onesie or something, just lays down a matt and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like a dexter kill room. Yeah exactly. His wife's like a dinner early tonight.
Speaker 1: Going into the Mayo dexter Kill room. Yeah, Miles, we are thrilled to be joined in our third seat. Yeah, voice, you've already heard from a brilliant TV writer. Performer was written on shows for Nickelodeon Cartoon Network DreamWorks. Is a writer and producer on the Netflix animated series Spirit Rangers, which dropped its second season earlier this year, has season three dropping in twenty twenty four. Also the creator of the brilliant web series Gone Native, which we will link off to on the footnotes.
Speaker 2: It is a must watch.
Speaker 1: Please welcome back to this show, the hilarious, the talented Joey Cliff.
Speaker 3: Everybody, I'm a Joey Cliff. I'm oh god, oh come on, Joey Yeah Cliff, I'm fantastic podcast cast at Okay. So it's always whenever I guess I'm this show, I always forget that you do Yeah, I always forget that you do the song parody thing. So there's always a panic thirty seconds where I'm like, oh, shop, what's a popular song?
Speaker 2: We don't always do it, we just like to. Yeah.
Speaker 1: We we look for when the person looks especially like they would not do well with the challenge, and then we sing the song to really fucking freaky out.
Speaker 3: Okay, I promise the next time, I'm gonna like produce something. I'm gonna have a drop, I'm gonna have a beat. I'll be ready next day.
Speaker 1: Joey up, help Joey out with the with the song for next time? Yeah a lift, Clift, sift rift. Yeah that's pretty much all the words.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, drift, Yeah what else? Joey clift On.
Speaker 3: Literally just panic googled popular songs and okay, we're gonna do well. Welcome Joey Cliff funks you up? Joe Cliff funks you up? Okay, does that work? That was my That was my brain for thirty seconds, just like dad, folks, get lucky. Could I do anything with that?
Speaker 2: An to get Joe Joe Joey? There you go. It's shit rights itself. Yeah. How are you doing, Joey? How have you been?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm doing so good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I gotta say this has been a really fun year for me. I got really into like personal training, Like I got a personal trainer back in January to get in shape for my first and only pro wrestling match in March. And I did not win the match, but it was very fun. But basically, I've basically I've been doing this this battle with myself over the past year to try to not make fitness my whole personality.
Speaker 2: And I feel like I've been losing, Like.
Speaker 3: I was called like, I feel like whenever I talked to friends on the phone, now I have to call them while I'm on a treadmill getting my steps in or something.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, and you are you are in a dead sprint as we recorded? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, so yeah I'm not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm in a dead sprint and I lifting a five hundred pounds weight over my head while yeah talking seventy pounds I vest on, Yeah yeah, wait.
Speaker 2: So are you when you said you? Wait? So you were in a what dial this back? So you're in a wrestling match and you're like, shit, I gotta get ready, Like were you packing on like pounds or you're just like I want to just have the performative strength to get through the wrestling match, like we're we're what what okay? So so it was a little bit of both.
Speaker 3: Like I the match was in March, and I knew in late March, and I knew that the match was going to happen in January, So I guess that like I really wanted. I didn't want what was funny about the match to be me being extremely out of shape and skinny, Like I didn't want somebody to like, I didn't want to walk into the ring and people to be like, oh you might care.
Speaker 2: Someone trumboe yeah, robuff Yeah for sure, for sure.
Speaker 3: And there was a rope. I definitely spent way too much money and time on entrance skier and ring gear.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you I would spend all of my money, so.
Speaker 3: I started working with the personal trainer to like, you know, like I put on probably about twenty pounds of like you know, weight, muscle and stuff like that, damn. And then you know, just like increased strength and stuff like that, basically just to not look like the frail writer that I am ninety percent of my life right right?
Speaker 2: And what would you how would you describe your physique now You've gone from frail writer.
Speaker 3: To oh so I would say you can definitely see me in this zoom. I'm very Schwarzenegger esque. I'm taking up the whole frame. Do not have a neck anymore? I miss able to turn my head.
Speaker 2: You found the big gap in between your teeth to be like early Arnold.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say that it right now is like fine, and I'm working very hard.
Speaker 2: For it to be just okay. Yeah, yeah, yeah for sure. Oh that's amazing.
Speaker 1: Do you use the word macros frequently when talking?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: And I hate it, Like I'm to the point where I'm very opinionated about brands of like protein shake and Greek yogurt like it's the worst.
Speaker 2: So I never got to macros.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't know, and I'm trying not to learn I think, but I hear.
Speaker 2: It all the time, and I just have to be like, oh, yeah, for sure, for sure, Okay, so macros it's just like basically like my personal trainer sends me macros. It's basically like, here's how many calories you should every day, here's how much protein, here's how many carbs, here's so much fat and all that.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's not a substance, and it's consumed my life the way.
Speaker 2: It's not like from the macro damia.
Speaker 3: N Oh, I mean, look it could be. I mean, look, macadamis not the rival to micro machines. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, macro machines just huge machines.
Speaker 1: Just now you know, micro machines presupposes macro machines. I'm just saying, who are the ed wizards that came up with us? All right, Joey, we're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell our listeners a couple of the things we're talking about. We're in check in with the State of Congress and the speaker gavel, all that bullshit. Joe Biden finally took some action and arrested Jewish protesters calling for a ceasefire. We'll talk about the BBC setting a record for the mo most half asked correction for Islamophobic coverage. We will talk about bent Key, a new bizarro Disney plus for right wingers.
Speaker 2: That name too, I know, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's got to be a dog whistle for something, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah right?
Speaker 1: Like what is it like like for like a latchkey kid who's like breaking out, like what why is the key bent? Like, I haven't figured it out yet and we've got a team working working on it around the clock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe they misspelled Bentley.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all of that plenty more. But first, Joey, we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history that is revealing about who you are or where you're at.
Speaker 3: Okay, so, aside from constantly googling macros and protein, I would say, uh so, I live in Los Angeles and a lot of my friends are you know, actors and writers. So my Google search history is honestly a lot of me googling my friend's name is to make sure I'm spelling their names correctly. There's just a lot of like, oh, my friend's on a podcast, I want to send them a text and say like hey, blah blah boh, but like wait, how do you spell their first name? Just google them? They're on TV Eric? Is it Eric?
Speaker 2: But is it with a C or a care? Ok? Yeah, yeah, right, you never know, You never.
Speaker 1: Know, possible to know. I sometimes have to. My dad has a Wikipedia page, and I will check his birth year frequently on there because I die. I can never remember how old he is. Yeah, and I think the fact that he's had a Wikipedia page for the past, you know, since Wikipedia was the thing, has made it so that I just never had to learn.
Speaker 2: And so yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Gotta say, like having a Wikipedia page is the nicest thing that you can do for your friends, because like, hey, I've done the exact same thing of just like, okay, when is my friend's birthday?
Speaker 2: They born? Again?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I never read beyond the birthday, so I don't know about him.
Speaker 2: To be honest, it's the wrong guy. He's like what Yeah, man, damn, you're looking great for three hundred and forty I fucking looked up the wrong one again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're you're a French philosopher from the nineteenth century, right, Yeah?
Speaker 2: What is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: So something that I think is overrated. Is pretty much everything that came out of the Italian Renaissance. I mean you think about it. I'm on, Lisa, just a painting of some lady parachutes were invented the Renaissance. Hey, maybe just get better at flying.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also Christopher Columbus, f that guy.
Speaker 2: He was just good at getting lost places and then being like it's exactly the place I was looking for actually actually.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what a what a what a trash artistic period?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Just generally the flying machines that they went with and died trying out are are very stupid. Like the amount of missus and just embarrassing attempts that happened throughout really puts puts into perspective anybody from that that we want to call a genius.
Speaker 2: Come on, We're like, yeah, from our perspective, we have supersonic flight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, next try with your Orna thompter. Yeah, yo, did Da Vinci have an iPod?
Speaker 2: I don't?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so ye call me when you invent Metallica?
Speaker 2: That's yeah, their music was weak right yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Also did you Okay, so this is this is a little bit off topic. H did y'all know that Metallica made a third Unforgiven song. There was like Unforgiven one and Unforgiven two, which are these famous like metal songs. They made an Unforgiven three in like two thousand and eight, and like, I listened to it and it's awful. It is the worst song I've ever heard in my life.
Speaker 2: I stopped an Unforgiven one. I didn't even know about Unforgiven two. Now I've Forgiven one is like a good song.
Speaker 3: Unforgiven two is like I think around the same ballpark area the second unforgiven. But un Forgiven three, which happened, which came out in two thousand and seven, is not good.
Speaker 2: What at that point? Just like were they you think they're just fighting that itch to be like we got to make it a trilogy, man, yeah, some to work act. This is a fucking three parter.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, people, we really left people hanging after Unforgiven.
Speaker 2: Too, yeah or one, like the crowd is just begging for it, Hey man, what are we gonna get? Whooped?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 1: It is too like with like Adams Family or something.
Speaker 3: I think more songs have I would say narrative loose ends that need to be tied up in a sequel.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing is that, like when your song has a sequel, you know that you have Like it feels like they went very corporate and like like started there's like a marketing part of their brain that took over and was like involved in and they're like, well, what if we made part two of this song? Like cause are there other famous songs with sequels that are just like this song part two?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: So, like the Police had a song called Synchronicity and they also released a Synchronicity too. Okay, I mean but yeah, it's like there's not like a yeah, like wom there it is too?
Speaker 2: Would be I would love that. That would be great.
Speaker 1: We were just talking about how they did do that, but they did it for a movie, so for a movie sequel.
Speaker 2: So just like Who Let the Dogs Out? The prequel?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was the guy who let the dogs out?
Speaker 2: Just follow the dogs out? No, Jeff really let the Dogs Out? Yeah? Okay. J Z had a sequel to Excuse Me Miss that was like informally called Excuse Me Miss Again. That was on the Bad Boys Too soundtrack.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, it's like there's remixes, right, remixes are good, but like they They are pretty upfront about the fact that they are just like taking a previous thing and mixing it up, that it's not a new creation.
Speaker 2: I don't know that Metallica.
Speaker 1: Seems like like I really like the Beach Boys, and like there's this like battle between Brian Wilson and Mike Love at like during the key point of their career, and like Brian Wilson made pet Sounds and it didn't sell that well, and Mike Love was like, see, like I knew you.
Speaker 2: You're an idiot.
Speaker 1: You didn't know what you were doing, and like kind of use that to like rest control. And like Mike Love's thing was always like people just want to hear a thing about like babes and surfing and like fast cars, dude. Like and like I feel like Metallica had that similar thing where like they had two wolves inside them to make it Metallica as fuck, and like one of them was like, we're operating off a spreadsheet and the spreadsheet guy won. When they went to therapy as a band.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, they were like we can be mad or we can make money, right, does everybody want?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what is something that you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: So this is gonna be a very hot take, but candy corn is a very underrated candy. I know that Halloweens around the corner. I know I could see the looks on your face as you immediately were.
Speaker 2: Like, not this guy. You've gone and fucking done it, Joey.
Speaker 3: It's like, look, the internet really shits on candy corn. But I'm gonna say I've never turned.
Speaker 2: Down a good candy corn.
Speaker 3: I'm always so excited about candy corn whenever Halloween comes around and I get like, you know, like I'm following my macros. I'm trying to be careful, but like, candy corn for me is worth having, like a cheap meal over, Like, I don't know, it's just a good It's just like, how do you taste would flavor of candy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, someone that likes it, how would you describe it? Someone? Someone call it like vanilla butter. Yeah, that's pretty accurate. Like, yeah, I like butter. Yeah, It's like it's.
Speaker 3: Just like hardened frosting. It's for sure all artificial flavor, but.
Speaker 2: Like I kind of like it. It's a great I love Froust. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Producer producer Victor in the chat just posted thank you as if I'm a hero who finally said, who finally had the courage to say what we've all been.
Speaker 2: Because we've been so hostile, especially me. I cannot hide my hostility towards can't. I just fucking don't understand. Every time I eat, I'm like, this is boring. I don't like it.
Speaker 1: This is how you know it's in the zeitgeis. We talked about it yesterday and we're back.
Speaker 3: It's like, look, I just think candy corn it's like a it's like a top tier Halloween candy for me. Bottom tier is for sure, like I would say, either Smarties or those like peanut butter things that are wrapped in like wax paper. It's like it's like lazy taffy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, peanut butter taffy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anything that is taffy based that is not fruit flavored but is like peanut butter or like tootsi rolls.
Speaker 2: I'm not a fan of, Like, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't want taffy that is anything other than tart fruit flavored. But candy corn is not does not fall into that category for me. Candy corn is its own thing, which I think you hit the nail on the head that it really is just hardened frosting, which I will I love frosting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love frosting. I love frosting frosting. Yeah, what if it was what if it was denser? What if frosting was dense? Exactly? It used to be called chicken feed. I didn't know that it was its initial name, product name in the late eighteen eighties.
Speaker 3: I'm really curious to see what happened if you would feed that to a chicken.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they will die instantly, or they would be awesome.
Speaker 1: Just you know, only two options. The chicken becomes incredible. What are your feelings on the pumpkins, Joey.
Speaker 3: So just pumpkins as a whole, or the pumpkin candy can like they are sometimes found with candy corn.
Speaker 1: They are basically the same thing as candy corn, but more orange and like a little bit more unnatural because they're like really bright orange and green.
Speaker 3: Okay, good. If you're asking about pumpkin, the squash based vegetable, my response would be fuck them. Yeah, but uh, okay, So I'm gonna say, like, now that I'm thinking about it, I think that look, if I have like a thing, if I have like a pile of candy corn and a pile of candy pumpkins. I'm gonna go for that candy corn every time. But if there's a table with like candy pumpkins on it and no candy corn, I'm probably gonna have a couple of candy pumpkins. It's like it's probably it's like half half a step below, but it like scratches a similar itch.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, they're they're just they're they're very similar. But there's something I love about the pumpkins like that that having that much of it together in a ball like really solidifies like, yes, this is bad, Yeah, it's horrible and sinful.
Speaker 3: I think it's just the answer that I think the question is how much hard frosting do you want?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and give it all? Yeah no no no no, no no no no you We're looking at the pictures and I don't know what. I have to like go to therapy, back to therapy and figure out what why I'm so upset at these things because now I'm like, I don't know if this is even healthy, Like am I do? I just hate it because of an I'm gonna try it again. I do it every year because enough people come on the show and they're like, no, it's not that bad, it's not that bad. And then I even like this is I just don't. I don't know.
Speaker 1: But they are saying it as an underrated thing. Most people hate it, Miles, and so you should if you don't like it. I don't feel like you need to.
Speaker 2: Know everyone in the mainstream is saying this is the way to go, So how to do it? Or I will be fucking alienated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I definitely have not invited you to parties because I thought you would like the candy corn there, and that's and I respect.
Speaker 2: I respect that.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm looking at just googling candy corn, seeing some candy corn on the cob, possibilities, sure what the cob is made out of, hopefully not just like play dough, but.
Speaker 2: That that's really fun.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure if I want that much candy corn. It is a little enticing.
Speaker 1: Just by the time you're done, like your front five teeth are all just rotted out of your head, Like I can't imagine one thing. I will say I there's something about the coloring of the original candy corn that is appealing to me more than there are some like I've seen rainbow candy corn. Leave that shit at home, Like leave that for the fruit candies like the yellow orange white combo is what I think what candy corn was intended to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like multic colored candy corn. Stop trying to hide which you are?
Speaker 2: We know, yeah corn?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the there's also a brown one that I think is like trying to pretend that it's got a chocolate something or other. And that's also stop trying to live a lie. You are candy corn. You have very specific colors.
Speaker 2: Be proud of you. Some people love you for that. Okay, that's me, I love you. Yeah, is candy corn is not your favorite candy though? Right?
Speaker 3: Like, No, okay, so candy corn, candy corn is not my favorite candy. I think it's probably one of my favorite Halloween specific candies. Yeah, I would say, Okay, so my favorite candy is I think it's a tie between like York peppermint patties and this might have been a regional candy.
Speaker 2: But do you know six s lits? No, it's basically like.
Speaker 3: So it's basically like it's basically like gas station Eminem's. It's Eminem's. You can pretty much only buy from a gas station tubes, yeah, her eminem Yeah. Also, yeah, you can also buy them. You can buy them in like a carton, like a carton of milk, but a carton of six lits.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're just like perfectly rounded instead of being lentil shaped. And yeah, they have more there's more candy shell per like chocolate, and they're really they're really nice. I love a six lit great. Yeah, yeah, amazing.
Speaker 2: Miles is just fuming right now. No, I just had to do a thing to be like candy corn racism, Like, yeah, it probably And I'm reading all about like how like the sugar market being disrupted by World War One led to like a rise in candy. I'm gonna come back with a takedown, folks. Don't worry.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be our whole Thursday or our whole Friday episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah just that. Oh wow, you know why, maybe this might be ingrained to me. So back in like when the candy industry was like coming, you know, like around the twenty and stuff. This is from MPR. The candy market was a racially differentiated one. The more expensive varieties such as hand dipped chocolate bond bonds are aimed at young white women and middle class children. The cheap stick candy, meanwhile, was targeted African American and immigrant Irish and Chinese children. MM. So interesting. I'm like, that's why I'm saying, like, oh, so they were feeding us the candy corn because it was the cheap shit, which is why I like the chocolate, because I want access to what the middle class white children had. I think maybe that's what I'm feeling.
Speaker 1: Wait, what's the cheap stick candy? That that's candy corn.
Speaker 2: I think they're talking about like stuff that is like the like just stuff that was like pressed out, like just sugar hardened sugar was like more like like or like a you know, a fucking what's like a lollipop kind of thing. So candy corn is for the people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably like your sugar babies and your sugar daddies and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: It's no race, creed or color in candies appeal Irish, Chinese, and Negro lad Snapped is one of San Francisco's candy they like.
Speaker 1: As one what okay take a picture of.
Speaker 3: So my my uh okay, So my my take on that is, oh yeah, that's awful. But also just like, oh, there's no Native people in that picture, and that makes me feel not included.
Speaker 2: Right, right, We're all losing, That's what I'm saying. We're all We're all losing. Why isn't our representation of my people in this weird races in this race? And we were usually always part of turn of the century racist ads. Yeah, all right, let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about some news.
Speaker 1: And we're back, and Miles yep are our resident Speaker of the House, watcher.
Speaker 2: James Carville man, we got one guy loaded snake nipples, and Kevin McCarty was another creature of the swamp that might be Lord and snake nipples. I don't even know the lord and worm nipples, I guess, but yeah, So last time we checked, no one was even getting close to the two hundred and seventeen votes needed to get the speaker's gavel. But that was kind of before the MAGA machine kind of fully turned on over the weekend where they started bullying moderates. So like Sean Hannity was like just browbeating over the airwaves, like Jordan, Jim Jordan allies like because he kind of wants to be speaker, started pulling people aside and you know, just fucking beating them down in person, being like, you really need to fucking vote for Jim Jordan. Don't be a fucking hurt. So he is the he's the MAGA choice. He's now emerging as the Maga king. Okay, And and this is time like and going to people that like have said from the beginning, like I would never vote for this guy. People mentioned, you know, last week, that he's an insurrectionist, true, that he has no care for reproductive rights. True, that he's not as serious politician also true, but it seems like some of the moderates aka coward racists were willing to block his confirmation for someone that made the party look slightly like less clownish. But sadly we're talking about you know, Republicans and their faux mag or fear of MAGA. I just coined that is getting the best of them. And right now it looks like Jordan is now only dealing with around ten holdouts, but that's still enough to block him. As of this recording, I don't know what is going to happen. There was one round of voting and Jim Jordan did not come close, and everyone's like, oh, oh, I don't know why you went and took it to a vote. So but he can also do the Kevin McCarthy thing, the very brave thing, which is to force another vote until people tire and eventually do it. But oh wait, according to this one, now they're twenty holdouts. Wait versus the holdouts went up? Yeah yeah, they went uh yeah yeah, so they were from ten to twenty. So I think that the I think the betting spread was like people thought they were only going to be like six or seven hold out or something like that, but for the other'd be twenty. It's like McCarthy his first round of votes had nineteen holdouts. So Jim Jordan's doing worse than McCarthy. Wow.
Speaker 1: That's and McCarthy was like historically futile.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize that they could just they could do what police do when they're trying to get a confession out of like innocent people. It is just like keep keep them there and be like, oh, you can go home. All you have to do is just say yes, just sign this and say yay.
Speaker 2: When they call your name, say Jordan. Okay, right, okay.
Speaker 3: So, uh, what I think is really funny is I was actually I was watching the vote before we started recording, and uh, there's so much more applause than I thought that there would be in speaker votes. It was like when Jim Jordan they called Jim Jordan's name and he said, all right, vote for Jim Jordan. Everybody applause. Yeah, like I'm voting for Keeen Jeffery. Yeah, It's just like that's.
Speaker 2: My guy, you know, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I think when McCarthy voted for Jim Jordan, everybody was like, yeah, we did it. As they're down twenty points.
Speaker 2: You know. Right, there is a moment where I think Don Bacon, who's a Republican, he actually voted for he he voiced support for McCarthy because he's always been team McCarthy. And then this was on Fox News and Brian kill Meat was on a hot mic and he's like, fucking killing my dumbass. Because it kind of gives you an idea of like the tension as they take these votes. Wait, so who's kill meats.
Speaker 4: Guy Bacon, McCarthy.
Speaker 5: Dumbass, dumbassy in they want the MAGA guy, you know what I mean, Oh he voted for McCarthy.
Speaker 2: All right, No, I mean, well, I mean kill meat. As a pundit is always going to be team Maga. So if they're right now all of the their overlords are whispering sweet nothings into their ear to be like it's it's got to be Jordan, then that's what the that's what the media will do. Wow.
Speaker 1: And so once once one of these people is voted in, then they'll be able to do extendable to vote on bills, stend the government.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fun on the government to avoid another shutdown potentially in mid November, and along with a ton of other like you know, just things we call legislation. But as of right now, they're just gonna be I think, just hammering all day away being like can we get Jim there. I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's that's kind of the thought of like when there are future votes, Like there's a lot of people, like a lot of Republicans that said like, Okay, we don't like him, but like we'll give him the first vote and if he's close, we'll keep voting for him. But like this this I think actually happened with McCarthy where it's like, once you start to lose any support or people think that you're weak, he's gonna like probably start to lose a lot more votes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, because you don't want to be seen like you're you're caping for the dying brand, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally totally. It's like I'll give you one, and it's like if that works out, sure, but like if you fail more than once, why would I keep voting for you?
Speaker 2: Right? Why do we think there's like so few.
Speaker 1: Like politicians who have any like promise or you know, like we've talked about this earlier with Democrats and how like as people are talking about like maybe they should have a different candidate like besides Biden since Biden's so old, But then like the options are fairly limited, right, And like similarly here, it feels like it's just there's not there's like the big stars that everybody's been paying attention to, but then it's it's pretty like sparse down below to the point that like Jim Jordan is there is there number one option? I mean, they're like a unifying theory of like why.
Speaker 2: This is so fucked well he is like the darling of like the far right within the House. Okay, so he is, Yeah, he's like Matt Gates and you know kind of like those folks. Yeah, and so like he has like he's got the Maga cred and that's what I think keeps a lot of moderate sort of off balance, because like you have people who are like truly last week were like I'll never vote frohim. That over the weekend something happened. They're like, I think that he is the one who could unify the party. You're like, what the fuck are you being held at gunpoint? It's like, well, no, I changed my mind. I love him. I love him so much.
Speaker 1: So it's just the Republicans being split and not like that's why there's been such difficulty getting a speaker. It's not like oh there's just like nobody for anybody to I's.
Speaker 3: Like it's they're split and they have like such a small majority of only like I think three or four votes. Yeah, they can lose four Democrats vote, and like the Republican Party is just it's just so like the you know, there's moderate folks and there's like Maga folks, and it's like what each side. What even within the Republican Party, different people want is like so different, so it's like hard to get you know, two hundred and seventeen or whatever the number was people to like agree on anything, especially when you only have like three or four votes on either side that you can kind of lose, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is why, why, which is why McCarthy had to literally give up everything to get yeah and be like fine, and if you don't.
Speaker 3: Like me, you can vote me out, dude, do anything that's there.
Speaker 2: That's how he got it. You know, Jim Jordan isn't really willing to do that. So we're just starting Like if there's going to be like a hard line like that, I don't I don't started back at one, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: You know who I think should be Speaker of the House us Hell yeah, just kidding. I don't want to sounds terrible.
Speaker 2: I would break the fucking gabble though, Like if that, if you go, man McHenry like he smashed the ship out of it, I'll be like, let me show you how to really rock this fucking explode it be like fuck yeah, er.
Speaker 1: Get a trick gabble, so it like just explodes into a cloud of.
Speaker 3: Have like on my face too, So it's like a has a big acme sign on the side.
Speaker 2: And yeah, they're like, oh, that's the trick gaps like the gabbles filled with over in the Executive branch. Joe Biden has finally taken action and is demanding that people get off his lawn. On Monday, there was a major protest in DC urging Biden to call for a cease firing Gaza led by If Not Now and Jewish Voice for Peace, and it included a character actor Wallace Sean, among others. And yeah, after congregating in front of the White House, blocking several entryway, they were arrested by the Secret Service. And yeah, well yeah, it's seeing this all over the world where you're seeing protesters who are like trying to call for an end of violence, you know, just getting absolutely brutalized or rounded up and thrown into police vehicles. Yeah, it's it's kind of it's interesting to see where this goes now because now Biden is going to be in Israel today Wednesday, and a lot of people are waiting to see like what he's going to say, because he's been pretty clear he's like, yeah, whatever they want, you know, what up if that includes genocide, I guess I'll kind of write a tweet that says like, let's think of the innocence, and then I won't really say much more forceful after that. A lot of people are looking to see if he was if he's going to grant these people in God's of humanity in his public remarks and see what actually happens in you know, the course of his discussions with Natanian.
Speaker 3: And that is Yeah, yeah, I think this whole situation is just a level of fuck that it's hard for me to comprehend just how fucked it is. It's like, do you all remember magic eye pictures where it's like a blurry image. Refocus on it, and for me, when you focus on it, it just gets blurrier. And you know, I'm aware that some magic eyes work for some people, but they didn't work. They didn't, Yeah, they did not for me. So this is my this this whole thing is my magic eye.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I mean, it's it's really disorienting, right because one side you're like, oh, yeah, you can't fucking just cut off people's food, water, electricity, bomb indiscriminately and not call that a genocide and then but then you have a lot of the things that are reflected back to you and the media are like, no, this is the only way to do it. It's the only way. It's the only way you can end Hamas is to just basically kill half of the people or at least destroy half of Gaza, connecting civilians. For Yeah, And I think that's what's like really interesting to see now where you have so many people protesting and wanting to get the United States government to like use its leverage as this world superpower to like end the violence, and all we're seeing now is like, you know, more warmongering and like talking about like you know, people making eyes at Iran now and be like what are they? What if they what if we got to do something about that? Like we're we're doing this all over again, like we're taking we're doing nine to eleven again all over very quickly. And I'm really it's yeah, it's just it's just alarming to see like how no one is really realizing how we're just gonna bumble our way into global catastrophe if if this doesn't if this doesn't end, if the violence doesn't stop. Yeah, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: There's Yeah, the the fact that these are Jewish led groups that are being hauled away by the Secret Service should make it pretty clear that the US government's unwavering support for Israel is not has nothing to do with supporting Jewish people. And you know, in New York they're literally arresting rabbis and descendants of Holocaust survivors because they are protesting Israeli.
Speaker 2: Well, Jack, they were told it was an illegal they were told this was in illegal gathering, and they were warned and they didn't move. So that's why it had to happen. These people are you know, it's it's just saddening too because you see a lot of these Jewish protesters and they're like, please don't weaponize what has happened to our people or recently in Israel to then go on another military campaign that is just going to put more lives at risk for for everyone involved. And you see how like even the talk like you know, people are like what about the United States role in all this? And it's like, yeah, what the fuck, right, So what is Joe Biden gonna do? Because you think and I said this on the Trending Weekend Trending episode it doesn't make anyone safer. It doesn't make Americans safer. It's just going to create more hatred. And yeah, and it's and it's gonna manifest in all kinds of ways. It's not like again, it's not this ship doesn't end neatly. If Gaza is flattened, like to the contrary, that is going to that is going to create more feelings of anger towards the United States and other people who are backing you know this, like like you know, in the siege of Gaza. And I think that's where I get very concerned too with you know how quickly, like we're seeing the government like ignore the please of people because at the end of the day, like people have protested against the war and it hasn't really you know, doesn't quite sway the state. But yeah, we're just moving more military infrastructure to the region, like saying like, don't fucking anybody else try ship because we're here and all it's going to take are a couple of things to go left and then you know, who knows where you know where this leads to militaristically, Yes, it's like a very dangerous moment.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, for sure, and it's like, I guess that what really gets me is I feel like there's so many innocent people, like really on both sides that are just like so fucked by this situation, and it's.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, completely Yeah. People, the Israeli people, like we said before, they're gonna, like, like any nation that it has to deal with this kind of stuff will bear the brunt of their country's foreign policy. And right now, the policy of destroying Gaza does not make the people if it is safer and it and again for the people of America, like I said, our names are all over the munitions that are being used on Gaza, and that has to be taken into consideration. There's no like that's that's you know, if you're just thinking very narrowly about like what does it mean for America? This is this is real bad pr for America. To put it in a simple way for people to understand, usually a country with great pr yeah exactly, but which is wild too because we're seeing now too like the rest of the world trying to be like, yeah, man, the fucking us has been fucking around forever. Yeah, and that like those sentiments will have a way of evolving and turning into all kinds of other things. So yeah, it's just a you know, and we're doing that while the media is really doing a disservice to people by not reporting things as they are and just kind of like getting caught up in the warmongering that's coming out of like the heads of state.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on the media side, it does. It's it's like a step back from where things were at first a little bit, but not not by much like the I feel like it can best be summed up by that BBC you know, apology clip where they the BBC referred to all protesters in the UK advocating for Palestinian lives as Hamas supporters, and they caught a bunch of highly justified shit for that, and so the BBC issued an on air apology that lasted a whopping twenty seconds and here we'll play it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's just play it.
Speaker 4: Now before we go. Earlier on BBC News we reported on some of the pro Palestinian demonstrations at the weekend. We spoke about several demonstrations across Britain during which people voiced their backing for Hamas. We accept that this was poorly phrased and was a misleading description of the pro Palestinian demonstrations. Now here's the weather.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, Jesus Christy, that's not an edit, that's a George Bush.
Speaker 2: Now watch this drive. Now watch this drive.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that's something that's really frustrating about, you know, this, aside from you know, literally everything that's happening, is that you can feel the propaganda spin from like every aspect of what's happening. Like, I went to school for journalism, and you know, in journalism school you learn a lot about, you know, how to source facts and how to look for unbiased reporting. And this past week has really felt like, you know, even normally kind of trusted news sources, social media, you know, pretty much everything has such a crazy level of spin to it and it's all like so blatantant and just out in the open. Yeah that I just don't even have any idea what an unbiased news source is on this stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, yeah, I think the like, you know, if you if you just want to dig through like data, then trust like the NGOs that are you know, doing humanitarian work, they don't have any incentive to lie about like what is happening in Gaza, because I think at this point, the death total, the death count is like closer to three thousand, yea, And yeah, it's like, I mean, I've completely I can't. Like social media has rendered itself like very hard to use anymore. Like anytime I'm looking at tweets now, like I'm like I'm looking just to see like where else things are reported and things like that. But yeah, like to your point, it is, it does feel very disorienting because I think from from any from most perspectives, you look at what is happening to innocent people being killed in mass and like the the media is like doing stuff Like on CNN there was like that moment where there was like this military uh like sort of talking head pundit going on and be like and yeah, like this is kind of what a ground attack might look like. And then one of the anchors like, but like you're but you're cutting off like water and food and electricity, like but like people aren't people going to like starve to death? Like what's gonna happen. The guy's like, I mean, yeah, I mean it sounds a little callous, but like this is war, right, and like so you're even seeing like how quickly like someone had a moment of clarity to be like this is bad and like no, no, it's war. It's war. Did you hear They're bad and it's war. So we have to keep that out of all the children are bad, the thousands of children are bad. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean like I've got friends for Israeli, I've got friends who are Palestinian, and like, ultimately for me, it's like I just care about my friends and hope that their families are okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why I think most people are calling for a ceespire. Yeah, yeah, totally, even like the parents of people who have had their children kidnapped, who are like, you know, saying like pleased, I don't want more bloodshed. It's wild because those voices are being like, you know, just doled out.
Speaker 3: But it's frustrating that like, like I want to be more educated about this stuff, and I think that it's just so difficult to find, like, you know, other than you said, just like facts and figures from NGOs. It's like so difficult to find, you know, something that does not have some like specific point of view that it's trying to push, you know, like that is covering this stuff in any sort of real way. So it's like even trying to like be educated on what's happening so I can have like, you know, conversations with my friends about it is just like insanely difficult.
Speaker 2: I think, because you know people, this is like so like traumatizing for people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know that.
Speaker 2: When you have a vested interest in like a specific community. I've seen people like I've seen like my own friends of all from like at like just righteous anger into like a little bit sort of like wait, but like what the fuck is going on? Like I I'm not sure like what I want to advocate for and who I'm advocating for. But I think at the end of the day, like it's at least for me personally, is just looking at the you know, like the like the news is doing a really good job too of like just kind of showing you like destroyed buildings and rebble. Before when you saw what was happening to the people in Israel, they were like it was much more visceral, And I think that really excuses people to not understand the level of violence that people are actually experiencing in Gaza, because you can look at that and go that just looks like a pile of concrete that used to be a house that people were inside of, like it was just.
Speaker 1: A history of the United States, like news watching, where like building rubble is a thing that you're just like, oh, that's something that happens in other country, like and we can turn brain off.
Speaker 2: Right, but yeah, consuming in a bit further to understand like the humanity of like what is happening as people try and dig people out of rubble and things like that. That's when it becomes like the scale of it is is completely overwhelming.
Speaker 3: But I feel like it's it's you know, it's opening up a lot of wounds and you know, it's just like Native communities that I'm a part of because like you know, like my people and a lot of my friends peoples were like also victims of attempted genocides and stuff like that, and it's like it's you know, it's it's definitely like there's that level to it too, about like you know, talking to my different friend groups about this and you know, I mean, like the US government can be a fuck about this stuff. It's like when the standing Rock Tokoda have Excess pipeline protests were happening in like twenty fifteen, to sixteen. Like, initially, when the news media was reporting about it, the referred to the standing rock suit protesters as like horse thieves who deserve to get sprayed by water in zero degree conditions, you know. So it's like you can kind of you can like see that. I don't know, it's like it's just seeing that type of thing applied to, you know, something like this where literally just like masses of human life is being lost. It's just like disgusting, you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, yeah, And again it just reinforces the thing that we see all the time is that like the violence committed by this state is the only legitimate form of violence and should not be questioned. And I think that's what that's like real murky because most you know, like like your community, my community has experienced that where state violence is the legitimate form of violence, and any others it's like like it's just h yeah. Again, so like I can see why, it's it's overwhelming for many people, and my heart just continues to like, yeah, the same fucking bleed for people who are pleading for peace because they know this is only going to end with just more fucking death and destruction. And that's yeah, it's just difficult. And yeah, I think again, like I've we've said, I mean, I've said this a million times, but we have to really think about what our place is in this too. Not to say that like individually we're responsible, but it's it like that's where I you know, just to see the horrifying ship play out and what the US is a party to like is this serves as a reminder why we need like leaders who are looking at a different way of looking at the planet rather than this like macho man, fuck you, I'll blow you up style of ship, because it's we're seeing like it's it's falling apart rapidly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, speaking of controversial issues, let's get back to candy corn. Yeah, but I agree with everything that you're saying for sure.
Speaker 2: All right, let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: And we're back, and so I guess. October sixteenth, two days ago, was the one hundredth anniversary of the founding of the Walt Disney Company.
Speaker 2: Wo hell yeah, time passed.
Speaker 1: Speaking of racist caricatures, so you know, it is good to see that there are people pushing back on this monoculture of Disney. Oh, wait, sorry, it's people who are like it should be more racist.
Speaker 2: Oh right right.
Speaker 1: Daily Wire co CEO Jeremy Boring, Yes, the man behind this terrible entertainment platform, literally named Boring, kicked off a video announcing his new company called bent Key, with a rant about how Disney is trying to indoctrinate our kids at that while Disney still uses Walt's name, he's like on a nickname basis with Walt Disney, they have all but abandoned his legacy, presumably meaning his legacy of racism and anti semitism.
Speaker 2: But they come back. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So they go on to announce a new app which will feature license program and also original children's shows, including Chip Chin Chip Chilla.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a mouthful. Yeah, so it's just chip Chilla.
Speaker 1: It's about a it's just a blue rip off with chinchillas instead of dogs.
Speaker 2: Fucking terrible blue ripoff.
Speaker 3: Just a terrible blue rip off featuring the voice of Rob Schneider.
Speaker 2: Yes, you gotta have the canceled, the voice of the canceled to power this kind of creative endeavor. And it gets wild when you look at this. The pictures of chip Chilla are so it's just like so blatant that it's a rip off with Blue. Don't they understand how kid's mind's work. As a kid, I rejected anything that I suspected of being not the genuine article, you know what I mean. If it's oh, you're too good for gobots? Yeah, absolutely, Like you know, if your your your my mom will be like, oh, we got that at home, and I'm like, we don't have that at home. It's in the store. The thing you have at home is like this other version. Or it's like there's this other toy that's like the thing I like, it's like, it's not the thing. So I can't imagine there would be kids who are like seeing this and they're like I want Blue. Ye, Like right, unless you're able to start him off on this early, you know, don't you think the.
Speaker 1: Kids will inherently respond well to Chipchilla's inherently more heteronormative household roles. Where Rob Schneider's father character is a distinctly alpha father named chum Chump.
Speaker 3: Chip Chilla is also homeschooled because his family doesn't trust the school system.
Speaker 2: I'm sure almost definitely, when are those ones gonna come out to like where It's like the teacher at school said, I needed to get a shot to keep the other kids safe, right inevitably.
Speaker 3: Right, that's actually I'm kind of okay. So, like I write a lot of I write for kids TV a lot. Yeah, and I've seen this new story. I'm obsessed with it. Like me thinks like, oh yeah, this is insane, But part of me is also thinking, like what sort of crazy bullshit could I pitch to them to get them to buy, Like if I like teenage mutant ninja firearms, or instead of turning into turtles, they turn into guns, yeah, right, like sold or just like Garfield, but instead of hating Mondays, he hates being woke. He's always that fan. Or like instead of Thomas the tank engine, it's just like Thomas the tank cannon or something pro military. Would they be like, oh yeah, send me up Thomas. Yea, Thomas the crowd dispersement vehicle. Oh no, the people are complaining, go Thomas.
Speaker 1: He's the trend that broke up that union protest with machine guns on the back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Or he's the thing that like yeah, crashed in like East Palestine, that horrible trained derailment. It's like they're just they're they're they're mischaracterizing me.
Speaker 3: Wait, can I pitch you all my dream Daily Wire project please?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So it's about a vampire who instead of drinking your blood with fangs, he injects vaccines into you with things. His name is his get this, his name is Vacula Vcula. I think that it stars Scott Beao, canceled actor Scott bo is like a cop who got canceled just for doing what's right or something like that exactly. I think that it's revealed halfway through the Vacula is Hunter Biden, and also Joe Biden's a villain too.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course. And there's definitely gonna.
Speaker 3: Be a line of dialogue in this movie where the Scott bo penciled cop is holding a shotgun and a scientist is telling him, like, you just got to trust the science on this. Uh, why don't you just like look at our research and appreciate it. And then Scott Bao will say I do my own research and taka chatgraun Yes who hell yeah?
Speaker 2: Now is there room for Dean Kane and Kevin sorbo in? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Look, there's got to be a lot of Uh, there's gonna be a lot of heroes in this movie. Yeah, yeah, James Woods Daily Wire. If you're listening to this, hit me up. I think we could have you know, Rob Schneider could play Vacula or like who's that former SNL guy who's like who was goat Boy? Yeah, Jim Brewer'd be.
Speaker 2: Great, he would be He's a mess, dude. Have you seen his stand up recently? Oh, it's insane. It's fucking it's morbidly bad. Like it's like not even it's bad to a point where you're like if that movie The Wrestler, we're about a stand up, Like it's like we're seeing that version like Mickey Rourke is just like a down and out that it's just it's so that's so distressing. But what's okay.
Speaker 3: So what's wild about it is the stand up. The jokes are bad, but he's performing largely in front of churches and like very right wing friendly audiences. And if you if you listen to the audience, it's like they're watching like Eddie Murphy's raw, Like it's just they're like eating it up right.
Speaker 2: It's because like he does like this thing where he'll be like and then you got like these democrats are democrats? Yeah, yeah, Like he just's like just over the top, like just like girls sounds and stuff. You're like exactly, Yeah, yeah, I think there's something where it's just like the Democrats sound like parakeets. They're always like trust the science booker.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's his that's his closer, right, Thank you so much. I'm Jim ber and all right you could hear me on the coming up set of chip Chilla playing a racist copy.
Speaker 1: Actually saves the day, it turns out, Yeah, it's got some interesting things to say.
Speaker 2: Racist cop who has some real truths he's saying or whatever. But they're also doing like live action right like on this bench. Oh yeah, platform.
Speaker 1: One Kid Explore a show called Kid Explorer that appears to be like a recruitment tool for the US military.
Speaker 2: They all, they all appear to be a room tool for the US military. Yeah right, yeah. Even chip Chilla is about being like, hey, and if you're too weak bodied, we can still use you in like a drone operating trailer. Who knows, you know.
Speaker 3: There's also apparently other Daily Wire movies they released. They came up with a movie called Terror on the Prairie in twenty twenty two, and part of me is like, party wants to watch the trailer, and then another part of me is like, oh, I know that's gonna be racist.
Speaker 2: Error on the Prairie sounds like it could be something that's poignant, right, but it's just gonna go the other way.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it did go the other way. Also, in terms of box office, it made a total of eight hundred and four dollars.
Speaker 2: At the bottom. I'm just saying they would like fucking hurt my throat last.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I'm just saying, if they would green light Vacula, that would make twice that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that would kill.
Speaker 1: By the way, it does reflect our like we we've talked before about something in my childhood made me think that Dracula had hollow fangs that sucked the blood through the fangs.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah yeah, like like yeah, like a reverse Cobra or something. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And people, I don't think that was an assumption made.
Speaker 2: By everyone, but no, we kind of mentioned that. It proves it. Yeah, or we're team hollow. We've been hallow. We're team hollow fangs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm team hollow.
Speaker 2: That all right? Cool? Like yeah, update the update the Reesus commercial. So there's like two holes, you know what I mean. Yeah, so you can see there were I think I think Reces is team hallow Fang.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, okay, but I'm just saying, what if instead of having hollow fangs, he had fangs that had little syringes that came out absolutely hard selling.
Speaker 2: Those fangs go two ways? Yeah? Yeah, oh, I think we're saying the logic of the Reces team Hallow Fang wasn't because of the indents, but because what the indents represented, was it? Yeah, the peanut butter. Yeah yeah, I was talking about like how you represent it doesn't matter because I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Okay, So like I guess, okay, so my my, so my bump there is that. I'm also very much team hollow Fang. But like blood is a liquid, I feel like if you drank peanut butter like you drank blood, you'd like choke, right.
Speaker 2: Total mess. Yeah oh yeah, it would just clog up your fangs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, clog up your fangs.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The dentist would be like, oh man, you're doing the peanut butter thing again. I told you it's hard to get out. Also, I feel like.
Speaker 3: That would be like a real pain to clean inside your fangs.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Oh, nobody said this Dracula stuff was gonna be easy. Man, it's yeah, you're right, you've been turned by him. Like what the man like the maintenance and ship on the fangs? You never told me.
Speaker 2: It's like, hey man, no, yeah, I gotta.
Speaker 3: Buy Yeah, yeah, I got that's as you're sadly cleaning your fangs with pipe cleaners, my.
Speaker 1: Little pipe cleaners going in the points of your fangs.
Speaker 2: This this like a New Explorer though. These images from the New Explorer show are fucking like you can already tell, right, Like there's a kid in like a fucking bomber jacket in front of like a stream from Yeah, man, this is how we this is how we make it rain. And then another one that seems like a Revolutionary War soldier but with a Thompson gun. I don't know, I don't know. I don't know what they're going to say here. I don't know what kind of cool stuff they're going to be saying.
Speaker 1: This facial expression suggests he's in the middle of murdering someone of the Revolutionary War.
Speaker 2: Kid is like this or yeah. It has the feeling of like a nineties toy commercial. Yes, like the Red Coats, Yeah, like that kind of shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're also on that note, they're making a rival snow White movie. Where get this snow Whites played by a white woman. Oh yes, yeah, a big change.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: They've been really upset about the snow Like it seems like the snow white thing is the whole impetus behind this, right, just they've been so mad that the star of Disney's Actual Snow White, which they might have to change the title to Disney's Actual Snow White. Rachel Ziggler had the goal to call the original movie dated. It came out in nineteen thirty seven. I actually rewatched it for the Bechdel cast, And it's not just it is like the most profoundly sexist, Like if you do a close reading of the movie, like what it's saying about snow White.
Speaker 3: It's like, if you kiss a lady while she's asleep, she has to love you.
Speaker 1: Yes, And if she only like every time she does something, she is putting herself in dates, she's just like dizzily wandering into life threatening situations. The entire movie. She like runs away from the Hunter and like runs into the woods and passes out and is like surrounded by a bunch of wild animals and the only reason the wild animals don't like eat her is because she's like really pretty when she's asleep. And then she also almost gets murdered. She like break breaks into the Seven Dwarfs home and like falls asleep in their bed. They almost murder with a pick axe. She rolls over in her sleep and they're like, oh, she's so pretty. And then like when she eats a poisoned apple, like that is clearly put like the person giving.
Speaker 2: It to her is.
Speaker 3: Given a snake exactly.
Speaker 1: And then the only thing that saves her there is again when she's asleep, Like she has to be asleep for good things to happen, be beautiful and passive to succeed.
Speaker 2: Be beautiful and passed out is literally the message of the It's fucked. So what do you think the message will be with this one? Huh?
Speaker 1: Probably the same, Like I don't know, Like I don't know if they could even do it, but I'm sure they could. Like it feels like they'll find it well dating it for modern.
Speaker 2: Times, yeah, are you? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Daily Wire will find a way. Yeah, yeah, as they always do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The teaser trailer suggests the movie has not been shot yet, but does reveal that they cast a white actress of snow white and also have access to stock footage of a national park. Okay, okay, but yeah, but yeah there there are movies up to this point have averaged two hundred and thirty six thousand dollars at the worldwide box office.
Speaker 2: Oh and this.
Speaker 1: Is These are movies produced by Ben Shapiro, person who like went to see Barbie on opening day and like did created like seven hours of content just railing about like.
Speaker 3: Howl destroys Barbie for three hours or video.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it tanked the box office for barbievent nobody wants to see it after Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he really got his way.
Speaker 3: So that's really funny, Like how heavily the Go Woke, Go Broke Brigade was like really attacking the Barbie movie only for it to make one one to make one point five billion dollars of profit.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 2: Just the most successful movie. Yeah, yeah, yep, go broke. Yeah too bad they went broke. Uh huh uh huh. Ours that's why you really want to be shooting for around two hundred and thirty k. Yeah that's the real or like eight hundred dollars five weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's like, okay, it made two hundred billion dollars, but did it make eight hundred dollars?
Speaker 2: Checking who woke?
Speaker 1: Brigade didn't have been defending the movie's performance by being like, we didn't even like put it out in wide release, like they wouldn't have if they have, like the yeah, the choice that they made.
Speaker 2: Actually we don't even want people to see this movie. That's like the whole point, dude, And that's why you don't get it. That's why you're like a part of the mainstream. Like fucking echo Chamber broke it, but no legit.
Speaker 3: Like that's something that I'm kind of thinking about with like all of this stuff is like the specifically Daily Wire stuff is like is this just Ben Shapiro trying to steal money from VC funders like because oh yeah, yeah, you know it's like this feels like a tax scheme.
Speaker 2: Yeah totally. Man, damn took huge losses on all those movies. Yeah yeah, Like what are the budgets because that's what you're really going to see the magic in the in the accounting happen.
Speaker 1: Right, well, Joey as always such a pleasure having you on the daily zeitgeist? Where can people find you? Follow you, see your stuff, all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: So uh yeah, thanks so much for having me. Everybody check out my Comedy Central digital series Gone Native, which is a series of animated PSA's about weird microaggressions that Native folks run into just on a daily basis. One of my favorite episodes is called every Time you say something is your Spirit Animal, you have to give every Native American person you know twenty five dollars. So far, nobody's veen woed me, but I feel like it's gonna happen. You can check out all the episodes at Gonnative dot tv, and there's a for each episode that also includes links to you know, sort of deep dives and think pieces and research about kind of these different microaggressions and why people should stop doing them. And then you can check me out on social media. You can find me on Twitter, Blue Sky, and TikTok at Joey Tainment, and then you can find me on Instagram and threads at Joey Cliff with like five or six eyes and yeah, so follow me on the Socialist. Check out gond Native at god Native dot tv and.
Speaker 2: Listen to more of the daily side guys. This is a delightful show. Oh yeah, the best. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying, So it's the ones that you've been creating. Have you had time to enjoy other works of media?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: So I would say that there's a tweet that popped up on my timeline yesterday that I really enjoyed. It's a tweet from a little unknown figure called at Elon Musk.
Speaker 2: It's a oh boy.
Speaker 3: It's a New Yorker cartoon featuring two boxers, and the cartoon says, in this corner a man who describes everything as a Rewellian and in this corner a guy who loves saying kafka esque. And then Elon posted this cartoon without attribution, and then with the text I use both words a lot, laugh emoji, and I guess that what's so funny to me about this is that just where we're at in society is I don't follow Elon Musk, but in order to use Twitter, I have to like it just forces like it forces his bad jokes onto my timeline. So we're just in this level of oligarchy where I just have to be invaded by the thoughts of a billionaire constantly, and that is very both hilarious to me and also very dark about the state of where we are in society.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I use them both.
Speaker 1: It's just yeah, it's just like getting a live stream of what's going on with him as it relates to memes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he saw today.
Speaker 3: I guess it's like the comparison would be if you live in like medieval Europe and whenever the king has a funny joke, he like shouts a out out of the window of his castle, and if you, as a peasant don't chuckle at his joke, you get executed.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah, it's like we're kind of where we're at.
Speaker 1: I feel like back then it would have been seen as too pathetic if like the town crier came out and was like, hear ye, hear ye, the king said something kind of funny that made some people laugh, or at least he thought it was here it is, everybody line up and get ready to laugh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sare Yeah, And if he has a new material, I please everyone come come quickly. Yeah, Okay, your Highness, all right, thank you, my loyal subject. So a family goes in for an audition where they want to do a new act.
Speaker 3: It's a mother, a father and done. Like oh no, it's like this is the funny part. Why aren't you laughing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I said the aristocrats.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just funny that like our kind of our main source of communicating is a society now also includes just this crazy billionaire who owns it and says stupid shit.
Speaker 2: That we have to listen to.
Speaker 1: Who if he could murder us for not laughing on the grounds of us being clearly infected with the woke mind virus, Yeah, yeah, yeah, he would.
Speaker 2: He would do that if he would like unleash the war of the world robots like on populations to like just literally be like, just you didn't laugh at that tweet? Yeh, yeah, I feel.
Speaker 1: And that's how we know he's not as smart as his fanboys think he is, because if he could do that, he would, but he doesn't. He just is not that good at making machines. He just takes other people's machines and finds ways to make profit off of them. Miles, Ye, where can people find you? What's the work media.
Speaker 2: You've been enjoyed Instagram at Miles of Gray. I know I said that real clear, and you already know what I meant. You can also find us on the basketball podcast Miles and Jack Got Mad Matt Booties, and also find me on four twenty de Fiance was Sophie Alexandra and also The Good Thief, all eight episodes out now. Tweet I like is from Wilson It at senn under Score. Spud tweeted it. My grandpa just texted me. I'm so proud of Millie Bobby Brown. But here's the kicker. My grandpa died before I was born. But uh, you love it, you love it, You love it, don't you folks?
Speaker 1: A couple of tweets I've been enjoying eating Dranger tweeted before buying something online, ask yourself, do I want to get an email from this company for the rest of my life? And then Katie Delaney tweeted the movie Final Destination was really like, we got your ass. Now you're afraid of a cool breeze, a leaky faucet, and the concept of electricity. Oh my god, yeah, fucking pools. Every time I think about like going in a pool.
Speaker 2: I'm fucking scared. Wait, why what happened to no one?
Speaker 1: Did you never saw the one where like the person got sucked to the bottom of the pool by the pool Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I just put that. I remember having to watch that shit again. You know, don't like the whole ship, but I remember.
Speaker 1: Every time I think about putting my like sealing my asshole over the pump of a pool. Yeah, because I'm pretty sure somebody's asshole gets like dis inbound by the section.
Speaker 2: Of a pool pump.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, that is of course I should let you know that's implied. And when I go on a pool, I immediately race to the bottom and stick my asshole on the canon.
Speaker 2: It's like a cat rubbing its head on something.
Speaker 1: There, he goes, Yeah, all right. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien. You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeikegeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website Daily zeikeist dot com where we post our episodes and our footnotes were we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Hey, Miles, what's a What's a song?
Speaker 2: Almost said, what's the is this? So? What's a song?
Speaker 1: Sorry, this is gonna be a long episode, guys, what's a song? And then secondly, yeah, and what's a song?
Speaker 2: I'd like? So we're gonna go out on this track called Home by a group called Coco Roco okay okay o r o k oh uh. They're a group of artists out of London and they play sort of like this fusion of like jazz with afrobeats music. And this was just like a nice like guitar playing with some really nice vocals, very soothing, very soothing, easy to listen to, you know, even no matter what genre you used to listen you're used to listening to, You're you're gonna like this. It's called Home by Coco Vocal.
Speaker 1: There we go, all right, well we will link off to that in the footnote as well as Gone Native, which you can't remember.
Speaker 2: The dailies.
Speaker 1: Like I said, the production of iHeart Radio for more podcasts from my Heart Radio. It's the iHeart Radio app Apple Podcaster, wherever.
Speaker 2: You listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 1: That is gonna do it for us this morning back this afternoon to tell you what it's trending, and we will talk to you all then.
Speaker 2: Bye bye m