Speaker 1: Yeah, what's up, y'all? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Broad He's a legendary Queens rapper.
Speaker 1: He ain't said greed as your boy in nor.
Speaker 3: He's a Miami hip hop pioneer DJ e f N.
Speaker 4: Together, they drink it up with some of the biggest players in music and sports.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: The most professional, unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk facts.
Speaker 1: This is Drinks Chapader.
Speaker 5: Every day is New Year's Eve.
Speaker 1: Hey he said Gree Open time used to boy and What Up?
Speaker 3: Dj e f N?
Speaker 6: And this is Military Crazy podcast from Slash Drink Chest.
Speaker 1: And right now I would like to introduce them.
Speaker 7: I'm about to introduce and before I introduced them, I would like to say that when I hear the best labels of all times, when I hear the best cruise of all times, and when I hear the best anything of all times, and these people don't involve these people to ask up with us right now, it actually makes me mad because dunck Down has been here just as long as Bad Boy. Dunk Down has been here, just as long as Death Row. Dump Down and certain.
Speaker 1: Instances has outlasted.
Speaker 7: Death Row and Bad Boy absolutely, but a lot of people don't just say that, a lot of people don't just give them props like we're not just seeing the emergence of young and May and a lot of people didn't know that.
Speaker 1: They he was she was ducked down.
Speaker 7: Affiliated I realized that a lot of people just don't understand the genius of Buckshot Evil d.
Speaker 1: And Drew Hall.
Speaker 3: Have something to do with Joy badass a little bit.
Speaker 5: You don't say nothing, Charlie.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna rea intro.
Speaker 8: How you gonna start your relax.
Speaker 1: That somebody funting your pillow, somebody's funny. Not in case you gotta pick out a lot. Most of my faith is.
Speaker 7: So we got the most luxurious the label that's stuck together. You'll have problems, but y'all stuck together at the end.
Speaker 1: And tonight we are going to pick this up.
Speaker 7: We are not and we should introduce our guests, but let our guests introduce theyselves first.
Speaker 1: We're gonna start with the white Man. We ran a marathon, Yes, Drew high up in there. Let's make.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Tex Smith and Wesson, Yeah yeah, General Steve Smiths, DJ Evild.
Speaker 1: Burning that price sean price.
Speaker 7: So being at you you started as the last last year be first.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna start with you, and I'm gonna.
Speaker 7: Say, when you heard that Sean Price was what dumped down?
Speaker 1: What was your first innicual reaction?
Speaker 5: I was like, wow, are you sure you want to do this?
Speaker 1: All right? Cool? I don't know if that was good or bad. That was good.
Speaker 10: Actually because I know him since I was thirteen, So he yeah, Sean, So you know, he would, you know, says little raps and be like, oh, you're still gonna be around and listen.
Speaker 3: And I'd be like, yeah, where I'm going. You don't want to go on somewhere, you know what I mean?
Speaker 10: And he'd be like, nah, I'm gonna do this and he would rat to me and I'd be like, you're pretty good.
Speaker 5: You should you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Pretty good?
Speaker 5: And basically, you know, I just starting and.
Speaker 1: So so what's the show? Price?
Speaker 3: You like more?
Speaker 1: When he was in the group or when he went solo.
Speaker 5: When he went solo, I ain't gonna lie me.
Speaker 7: Too, because I felt like I felt like I felt like he felt like I don't feel like I feel like as a as a fan, I felt like he felt like he was held back in a certain way. So everything he did as a solo artist was like rebellious.
Speaker 1: It was rebellious and.
Speaker 7: The most like respectful disrespect I agree agree.
Speaker 5: You know, you know when you you're in a group, there.
Speaker 7: Got Brooklyn niggas in here.
Speaker 5: Shut up this ways you carry yourself. You know, you're carrying.
Speaker 10: Your team, you know, and then when you become a solo artist, it's just like fus out me.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: You don't have to worry about, you know, exposing anything or whatever the case is, because it's you.
Speaker 5: So you know, rock it is different from Sean Price.
Speaker 1: We'll say so so deep.
Speaker 3: I know I ain't go front. I didn't even look at that like that.
Speaker 1: No, I did this difference from I did?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 1: So Now I want to take it to beginning.
Speaker 3: Of Duck down.
Speaker 7: Jewha, Buckshot came to you or you came to Buckshot?
Speaker 1: How does this? How does this conversation start? I was working.
Speaker 11: I was an intern at an independent label, Nervous Records.
Speaker 1: Nervous, and but Nervous owned that. I was.
Speaker 11: The owned us for a minute, the way they literally owned us. But they had us in the situation for a minute. But yeah, buck Buck was a newly signed artist Chuck chill Out brought him to the label to Nervous, Too Nervous, and I literally was like I was right out of college. There was a small independent label like three four people up there, and I just started doing a little bit of everything. And Buck would come up to the label every day. He would like literally come in to try to, you know, see how he was going to advance his career up at and he's putting the pressure on the on the label and Ian five would be there, but Buck was there pretty much like a few times a week, and we just developed a friendship. I was an aspiring rapper, right, So.
Speaker 1: Only was I a rapper worse? But look.
Speaker 11: The verse you could go look it up on a song called You Many.
Speaker 3: Moons Ago Trap.
Speaker 11: Yes, I have a song on the Black Moon album on Into the Stage called you the Man with with my Deep Smith and Wesson and black Moon, so you can it's the ill Caucasian to the album back and ye check the invasion.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 11: So look so look, I like you said.
Speaker 1: Right now, I've heard that the verse. We know the verse.
Speaker 3: Chuck chill Out. I know Chuck chill the people.
Speaker 11: That Chunk chill Out it was a classic DJ, still is a classic DJ. But even at the time he was an influential DJ on I think it was one of seven point five.
Speaker 3: And yeah, he's gonna be LS on b LS.
Speaker 5: Right right.
Speaker 11: Anyway, long short, I quickly learned my calling wasn't to be an m C. You know, being around professionals, you know, being around certain arts. We could joke around about it, but I often say, like, you know, MCing, a lot.
Speaker 3: Of people like to do it.
Speaker 11: It's like baseball in the way, like you could have a rec league, you could play little league, you could play in high school, but that doesn't mean that you should be in the pros. And being around professional MC's, I learned quickly the difference of like what I was doing and what was being done, and just for me, it didn't seem the route that I was gonna go.
Speaker 1: So so you started out trying to be an MC.
Speaker 3: Was working.
Speaker 1: I had a job, but that was on the side.
Speaker 7: And then so what initially made you say I'm gonna get down with you buck to me this, well, I mean.
Speaker 11: Just just the circumstances like we were just it wasn't like it was this grand plan. It was just more we were going through the motions, and it was it was really when buck when Buckshot introduced me to these two right here, it was undernied because that was your first artist. That was That was the first time that we looked at it and said we could take another group and kind of do what we're doing with Black Moon a little bit. And it wasn't even official right at that point. It was more like filling in and doing certain things.
Speaker 7: Because black Moon was because essentially it seemed like black Moon was like the new eric being rock Ki because they had.
Speaker 1: Had had a DJ and then it had, you know, the artists.
Speaker 7: But so actually it's two and five, So so what.
Speaker 3: Is he at filling He's home?
Speaker 7: Okay, what I'm saying, okay, so so scared.
Speaker 1: Let's let's just let's scap your story man.
Speaker 3: Listen. Well, first of all, beat minus beat Minus.
Speaker 12: Started that I was born because that's my that's my brother, mister walk you know, that's my older brother. And I kind of got into what I'm doing. What I you know, we're gonna save it, you know, graduate to that.
Speaker 1: We gotta graduate. I don't know what he's just he knows we're gonna graduate.
Speaker 3: All day every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, continue, all right.
Speaker 12: So you know my brother, mister Wall you know, I've seen him DJ, and you know.
Speaker 3: It's like you see your big brother do something, you get jealous.
Speaker 12: That's how I got into music because I was jealous He's getting on of attention and everybody was like, yo, yo, yo, your brother's nice. I'm like, I'm nicer than them, three years older than me, you know, and he you know, so everything he did I did.
Speaker 3: My brother worked.
Speaker 12: He used to work at the music factory on Jamaica app course from the Coliseum, and everybody in Queens when everybody in hip hop and Queens in that store one time or another, and he knew everybody. So when he started producing music, I started producing music.
Speaker 7: I started when when I'm sorry to cut you off, but when was the when was the time that you said this is real?
Speaker 3: Well as of making records and everything, like like, when.
Speaker 1: Was that moment that hits you and said this is real?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 3: Once?
Speaker 12: We once we actually went into the studio, a studio before.
Speaker 3: We got the.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we got the deal and you know, we had a deal before and it fell through and we got the second deal, which was Nervous Records, and you know. I still was like, Yo, whatever, man, I'm still gonna hustle, sell these tapes, do these parties.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, tell the first drink you're taking the tag of moment. I was drinking some of this. I just I didn't know what technology.
Speaker 5: Don't start drain and trouble.
Speaker 3: You never start with tag bar we should.
Speaker 1: If you're gonna start with it, you're gonna start with it.
Speaker 5: I had some of this.
Speaker 3: He started with the road.
Speaker 1: Whoa, but you haven't finished your roles because it's still in your hand. We're gonna make this.
Speaker 3: You're gonna make this clear.
Speaker 13: She cannot drink tag I'll be ripping.
Speaker 1: Somebody can't because okay, So all right, so now I need to understand that.
Speaker 7: Okay, because you guys, you worked that nerves, You worked that nervous intern here's the internet.
Speaker 1: Buck is an artist, that nervous.
Speaker 12: You are artists the artist because when but when Buck got signed, we all got signed.
Speaker 3: But was it already black Moon? The group is already already black Moon.
Speaker 12: We went to Nervous and you know, we go up and nervous Drew is in there holding it down.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what the funk I was doing.
Speaker 5: You don't know im, but.
Speaker 1: You know what it was.
Speaker 12: And when we came into the label, it was it was a factor of we came into the label that was that was calling it working.
Speaker 5: Record label.
Speaker 12: You just look around and look at everybody and you just see that one person that you know, Yo, that's that's it.
Speaker 1: That's my nigga right there. Drew was that dude.
Speaker 3: When we walked in and we gave everybody, yo, what's up? Yo, what's up?
Speaker 1: And we've seen Drew?
Speaker 3: It was like what that Drew?
Speaker 1: You good?
Speaker 12: And what happened was a situation happened and Drew actually jumped in.
Speaker 3: He's from into action, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: He went from being Drew to do with the label to Drew a duck down without even knowing it, you know what I'm saying. And that's what happened, Like YO, believe it or not. I literally put my head down. I looked up Drew a book like, yeah, duck down. That's exactly how duck down happened to me.
Speaker 1: Let's make some words.
Speaker 5: That sounds a man.
Speaker 3: Always the name was Down was always the name. How did it happen to you?
Speaker 11: Because then I'm going to I mean that that was essentially it was like over time they had the management, some management situations were going on. We were we were acting and serving in that role. We started doing a lot over when we got the props, came out.
Speaker 1: Who got the props?
Speaker 11: Start making the records, start going on the.
Speaker 5: Shot record.
Speaker 3: It's five F T Evil DM Bucks shot.
Speaker 13: Everybody does. Never know what everybody does that?
Speaker 5: You know right over that for everybody does.
Speaker 3: Five F T.
Speaker 1: Now makes sense? Who got the problem? Who got the I'm sorry, but we're running around.
Speaker 11: Buck is at this point, he's looking for a new management, right, and so we're running around with doing a lot of things. I actually set up a whole bunch of meetings for Buck with different managers that I knew or I was coming across, and like, I wasn't even seeing myself in that role yet. I'm still young, I'm still I just I just didn't picture it like that. We did a few meetings and Buck would come out and at the end he said, you know what, And I give Buck all the credit because he said, we could just do this ourselves, like the way we're doing it right now. Let's just keep doing it like this until you know we see if we need more help.
Speaker 1: So I didn't argue with that.
Speaker 11: And you know, at that point, like I said, I was, I was speaking on it earlier. But he introduced me to to Smith and Wesson.
Speaker 1: I saw exactly where I was going, and.
Speaker 11: That's that's all it now, that's what it was efficient for me.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 11: So after he said let's do it ourselves, I said, in my mind, well, we're gonna this is at a time, right bad boy, and you're starting to get a little bit of no limit. All these things are starting to pop up, these these labels right.
Speaker 1: Right, maybe.
Speaker 5: They just started.
Speaker 11: So I said the buck, if we're going to do this, then we obviously need the next group. And he he I think he was testing me early because he brought me a few things that were just the noodles and.
Speaker 1: I told him, I was like, no, not artists.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he brought he brought a couple of things and I was like, I don't know, he just brought me some berserk ship and called him out on it. And he said, all right, all right, I got I got two guys you need to meet. And HE'SAI not gonna bring him to an in store in New Jersey and the next in store we went to. He brings Smith and Wesson and I'm videotaping. You can look this up on YouTube, and I'm videotaping them take a microphone. El he puts on deep cover and he's to step up to the microphone in this. And remember, you got to know what the in store is like. These these youngs won't know what the in store.
Speaker 1: Right, but it was packed and they're ready to.
Speaker 11: Take their heads off in that in store if they don't represent. And he was up above the it was a black moon in store.
Speaker 7: So now I got to ask y'all, where was y'all in life when y'all met them, Like, what was this the focus to meet them, get signed or this was just like I'm nice.
Speaker 3: A liking you know. For me, I wasn't even I was his securities. I wasn't even. I was still security.
Speaker 5: We were fresh out of high school in the streets, not even one foot in high school about to get thrown out the other foot in the streets in the hood. I'm from bed style from the veil, so it's already tension in the hood with that. But some was doing mad talent shows and winning for me. I always wanted to be behind the boards like an engineer.
Speaker 1: You said, you Frost from Brownsville, that very very kill, very.
Speaker 5: Places right up the hill, down the hills, and like he was doing just talent shows and ship and he had another partner.
Speaker 3: That was rocking with him. And like I said, all I.
Speaker 5: Was doing was just security, just keeping the niggas and the bitches away. So after that, after we met him riding around and what was the super rude there?
Speaker 7: But he said, he said, you met in New Jersey?
Speaker 1: Is that actually meeting happened?
Speaker 5: That wasn't the very first time that.
Speaker 7: What I'm asking is, did you know that when you met him and bought this.
Speaker 3: Was like for me, I wasn't on it like that.
Speaker 5: That was that was that was his dream.
Speaker 14: We used to like before I guess before we before we actually met Drew High, like me and Buck, you spent a lot of time together on Franklin after Franklin Union.
Speaker 1: Just standing outside.
Speaker 14: Like Buck is a visionary, you know what I mean, So he he sees he sees the future.
Speaker 1: This guy, you know.
Speaker 14: But yeah, I was I was aspiring to be on you know, And at that point it's just like all right, these guys got to deal.
Speaker 1: So we're just gonna ride with them, you know.
Speaker 14: And we was just shadowing these guys and we was learning everything that they was doing from the interviews, from the in stores, the studio work, and we we shadowed them.
Speaker 1: So from there, yet we just picked up everything.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 1: We knew he was next up.
Speaker 12: I won't say this though, when we was working on like when me Buck first started working. Buck used to always go, just yo, my man, steal my man, steal my man still, And I was like, Yo, at the end of the day, let us do what we gotta do first that you can bring your man still on, you know what I'm saying. And it was funny because it would be still. I always knew that still and his man's because Tech didn't say anything.
Speaker 5: So you in this minute that was me.
Speaker 3: Like what what up?
Speaker 1: Still?
Speaker 3: What up?
Speaker 15: Check?
Speaker 3: I had something, you know, like and when he started running, I was like talk.
Speaker 7: So now you guys come together now immediately, Drew, did you did it?
Speaker 3: Did it dawn on you.
Speaker 7: That you we got to form this full fledged label or was you more or less up? Let's just let's just did the production company logo.
Speaker 1: On there and not really be a label. We still would be happy.
Speaker 11: Honestly, we still weren't even really thinking that far ahead. I wish I could tell you it was this grand plan, but at that point it was. We brought them into Nervous, introduced them to the same place we were. It wasn't until we went got the first round of you know, royalty statements that we we were figuring maybe something wasn't wasn't matching up to the work.
Speaker 7: The word statements bad or they were what was every first artist one looked like I don't remember.
Speaker 5: We distributed Nervous.
Speaker 11: Nervous was independent distributed by negotiating.
Speaker 1: It was one seven between seven groups.
Speaker 11: And that's when we you know, and now at this point we are seeing other we are seeing other entities pop up, and we said, you know what, let's go, let's go shop this. Right as soon as they came through the door. It wasn't It wasn't long before they introduced us to Steele's brother Sean Rock and Rock and stringing Louisville as the Fab five. So it didn't take long. Now now all of a sudden being a look, it wasn't hard to tell. And you have eight mcs that rhyme the way they rhymed. Everyone had a unique style and a unique look and came together to form like a vultron. Like you know, you just knew there was something special there. Even at that point, I think that's when we saw we could take this outside of nervous.
Speaker 1: And do our own thing. But the first apple was into the stage. The first one was on into the stage.
Speaker 7: Then the shining they called so much disruption in jail.
Speaker 1: I was in jail, they called so much disruption. Did y'all know that? I can't speaking that a jail part.
Speaker 15: I got.
Speaker 7: But did you know, like, because I always ask people when they come on this show, did you know you were making a classic?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 5: We didn't even know what we were doing. We didn't know what Still and Buck was. The professionals in I'm in and rapping, I didn't they knew what Bars was.
Speaker 3: I didn't know what Bars was. I didn't know how to.
Speaker 5: Put together a song you do eight sixteen, then a chorus and this and come back. I didn't know none of that.
Speaker 11: Ship and but you were nice though, as soon as you as soon as you let versus.
Speaker 7: Could not even bed you see this empire taking off.
Speaker 1: But for some reason, we heard that just disappeared at.
Speaker 5: One real way.
Speaker 1: As a fan.
Speaker 7: As a fan, we loved buck Shot, we loved duck Down, but we missed you, like we wondered where were you at?
Speaker 1: I'm talking about This is not Nori. I'm not talking about Norri.
Speaker 7: This is a fan of hip hop because I missed a guy with the ship.
Speaker 1: Like this, and I'm like, where did he go? So? So is the explanation because I really don't know.
Speaker 3: This is you know, I went to go DJ.
Speaker 12: This was DJing, you know, I went on my DJ tour, I had a I had my Hot ninety seven show. Oh yes, right from ninety four to ninety seven.
Speaker 1: That's on flex flex look right, Actually, how.
Speaker 12: Do we we? I say, okay, that's another duckdown thing. It all causing the duckdown. And it was like, you know, I come straight on my on my DJ and beat miners, you.
Speaker 1: Know, like me and.
Speaker 12: Me, me Buck and five was going through the whole nervous records day and you.
Speaker 3: Know, like that whole thing kind of left a solo taste.
Speaker 7: And you guys sort of blaming each other instead of looking at the bigger picture.
Speaker 3: Well kind of like It wasn't like that.
Speaker 12: It's just we just felt It's just we got jaded by the whole business things like that.
Speaker 3: And plus Bucker wanted to build uptown. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Five was knocked up and you wanted to all Field.
Speaker 3: And I just you know, I got on, I got on my DJ ship. But were running.
Speaker 1: Around with boot Camp.
Speaker 12: Yeah so yeah, I said, the same time they was running around, they they were doing the boot Camp stuf right.
Speaker 3: But you look at that Ian Walk.
Speaker 11: I mean, we're instrumental in those first four albums, from from Into the States of the Shining to help the Scalter's Night Turnal to OGC's The Storm.
Speaker 1: I think when you look back on it.
Speaker 11: In a in a you know, a piece of time, it's easy to say where they go.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't really like that. It was you know, you're talking.
Speaker 11: About from ninety ninety three to ninety seven of that time of making records and then to his point to clarify, like the nervous situation when we when we did our deal with Priority Records, which was a West Coast based label, part of what was still going on was at the first East Coat it was like Brian Turner, all the dudes you saw in the Compton.
Speaker 3: But but Black and One was held back to try to we was held up in contract.
Speaker 11: Held up in contract. So we were moving forward with with Duck Down with Helter Skelter and o GC. That's like a year and a half, two years of time in the making right there. In Black Moon and Smith and Western were kind of they were in this.
Speaker 3: Legal battle with Nervous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were frozen.
Speaker 12: For my thing is I'm not gonna I'm not just gonna sit down like I was producing other people, you know.
Speaker 1: So it was no turmoil. It was just like, you just want.
Speaker 3: To know, this is my family, and we go through the little family stuff.
Speaker 12: But at the end of the day, these are the dudes I came in to do it with, and I'm never front on them.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm loyal to that.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, This family, that word.
Speaker 1: A lot of a lot of I thought it was some bullshit whatever.
Speaker 14: Not.
Speaker 12: The whole thing is basically we had we was going through the bullshit of the Lord the label ship, and you know, and also catch was building their own entities, you know, because because if it was if it was some bullshit. Trust me, it would have came out.
Speaker 3: But that's the whole thing. It was just you know, doing other thing.
Speaker 7: So now now buck this is bucks idea or this is you and Bucks.
Speaker 11: No it was it was bucks idea.
Speaker 1: But now Wu Tanger had already came out.
Speaker 11: Just yeah, Wu Tang was we were Black Moon was was ahead of Wu Tang because I remember old Dirty Bastard came to a couple of show.
Speaker 1: We went.
Speaker 5: Camp came after Wu Tang, not not really because it mixed right of everything bubbling up.
Speaker 7: We came in and right in the mid the idea was invented before wul Tang.
Speaker 11: You're saying, but I don't think we looked at it like a super group.
Speaker 3: Even though.
Speaker 5: It was just Smith and Wesson, Black Mom there were one.
Speaker 3: Right. They came out with the protect your neck as a whole wee came.
Speaker 7: So say Smith and Wesson, what actually happened with that lawsuit?
Speaker 1: Smith and Wesson tried to who you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the gun company, I'll change is.
Speaker 7: A gun company who kills me?
Speaker 3: Fucking you?
Speaker 5: That's the poster boys. They was like it was a we was confusing the consumer.
Speaker 3: One sells music.
Speaker 5: On somebody, right, let me find out sells music, other sells. Basically, they sent us a seasons a stack of paper as a legal term. Yes, cease and desist. They the on the style. We're going after the source. We're going after anybody that princhchid.
Speaker 3: We're going ranular. Yeah, black straight black list.
Speaker 7: Now juwha as you being executive, what did you feel with Smith and Wesson the gun company is sending emails.
Speaker 1: There wasn't even emails back then.
Speaker 16: It wasn't straight paper contract contract.
Speaker 1: Let you get served.
Speaker 11: I play in my mind what I.
Speaker 17: Don't play the cross so you playing tennis?
Speaker 1: God clmes up.
Speaker 5: Again.
Speaker 11: At that point, it was still nervous have put the album out, so they're looking for the label boss.
Speaker 1: So they got it.
Speaker 11: They didn't want to put the money up to fight what what what they knew was going to be a super long lawsuit.
Speaker 3: We are caught in.
Speaker 11: The middle of putting out a new a new album, and we don't want to get held up any further. So you know, they decided. We all decided jointly. That's how we make decisions. Like we sat down and chopped it up and we said we're not gonna stop the music over her name. And they came up with the name and and how they wanted to move forward, and.
Speaker 1: The hood was mad at somebody just throw that out there. I don't know if anybody.
Speaker 18: Side man that we love Smiffing Weston so much that when yes, the Cocho brother, He's like, no, Like, who is that said?
Speaker 1: Some for westle I never said, you know, never said that. I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 5: That was my mind.
Speaker 14: I was like, that was away something we use anyway, because during the whole time when when these guys was working on into the stage, we.
Speaker 1: Was the we was bringing the weed to you know what I mean, we will bring the choco.
Speaker 5: The funny floors.
Speaker 1: One thing. I just see him come home. What so.
Speaker 19: Not to cut you off. He was the water shne has.
Speaker 1: Your that's all the most disrespectable you got in high school.
Speaker 20: Still was rapping, and we don't want to be like him, s Western that's it isn't want round first and the rest we all follow suit.
Speaker 1: All that's general still so general Steel even you were rhyming before you met buck Shot. Actual facts.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so all right, now described as the situation where you met buck Shot, where was your lack?
Speaker 1: I feel like I was in Marsie somewhere. I don't know, no buck is you know pretty much D's a light Speyeah, I mean in the.
Speaker 3: Crimes, I know if the sister Tracy pick up Tracy.
Speaker 1: I went to school, nice school, you know what I mean.
Speaker 15: I was.
Speaker 14: I was a nice school Western House, Brooklyn, and I had to show up the apollow, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: She I had.
Speaker 14: I did a couple of you know, with variety shows on on Alexander Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: Niggas met in hall.
Speaker 3: Not well, we were meet up in Brooklyn and shoot up the The first.
Speaker 1: We actually super new.
Speaker 13: At the hall.
Speaker 1: Minn hold on, let's that's still figure. So you met them in all the follow we had a show pollow.
Speaker 14: Okay you had show before you knew before I knew, but okay, that was the first time we actually really you know, met But but before then it was this just I knew assist.
Speaker 1: I was in class with her.
Speaker 14: But you know, but that was we had no no, no, no building, no nothing before that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: We was on our own twist. So he's seen you at the Apollo and he performed with us.
Speaker 14: He was whether it was him and five F T was dancing, Bucking five housed to also dance for m O.
Speaker 11: S T.
Speaker 5: Most organized sound trooper was was Still me and a couple of other people. Right, that was the name beforeness and.
Speaker 7: Right hold on, hold on, let me get some clarification before we were clear, because everybody.
Speaker 3: Was danceing, used to dance too, used to dance to.
Speaker 15: What was.
Speaker 1: That was this famous ship?
Speaker 7: Didn't know, but you had a shoorge, which is a very big thing, like normal people don't get shows at the pollow.
Speaker 3: The common denominated between that is Buck's sister Tracy. They went to night school and she was dancing and lived in Queens. For some reason, she might live in Queens, my mom, she might. In my mind she might.
Speaker 5: But that was the common denominator to. That was the link between still and and Buck, and from there they go from then that's when because then if Buck was still on his grind doing what he was doing, but it just happened, she's.
Speaker 3: Like yo, my si, my brother rat and he dances so at.
Speaker 5: The Apollo, that's when you know he came right yeah, br up.
Speaker 3: Back back in the days, we were dancing in the club, standing.
Speaker 5: On the wall looking Let's make.
Speaker 1: One thing and one thing you notice about John everybody, you guys getting loose. I want to have to ask you to leave, so listen.
Speaker 7: One thing I noticed about Price was when he was in the group, it felt like he was held. Now, I don't want to say hell back, but it felt like he was contained the minute he became Shaan Price.
Speaker 1: And I remember he took on the anarchy of the focused scrap off. It was real.
Speaker 7: That ship was true man, he said the movement disrespectful balls right alf all while he was claiming the focus rap a lot.
Speaker 1: I mean, I was just like, you know, you know, I don't know if you know, that was my favorite rap, like.
Speaker 3: Said character mode.
Speaker 5: When he changed his name, he changed the name from rough to his real name, Ryan Price, and people still thought that was rapp.
Speaker 3: You let me see, you know, people running to him.
Speaker 10: Yo, tell Sean Price, you know what I mean that rock is you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Or tell that Sean Price.
Speaker 1: And he's the same person, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: He But did you notice that once he it felt like he was liberated, but not in a way, you know, like he was all back, but it felt.
Speaker 10: Like he was able to beat himself when you have a partner, y'all work together. You understand what I'm saying. You can't direct the attention that just you. You gotta think about your partner, team right, team player, all the way. So when you become solo, it's all you.
Speaker 7: No, but you don't have stopping for a second, sister, because some people go solo and they don't embrace the character that he embraced.
Speaker 1: He went solo and he was the exact itself, everything.
Speaker 17: In itself, that funny ship and all that that I write it Sean, if you barbecue and left right video left right, and he came through and he said, he said, ship, it's frama dog I can't do.
Speaker 1: When I saw your video, I was like this nigga know me mother funning Now he's no idea.
Speaker 5: I had no idea what I was.
Speaker 7: Doing because when he said that he had a gator d.
Speaker 1: In this here and that really, I was like, this is great.
Speaker 5: And when you are funny, said just it's like a natural comedian funny. But at the same time his being hands would slap the ship out of you, like where it's just you either accept.
Speaker 3: It and you rap with it or you don't fuck with him or he don't.
Speaker 1: Fuck with you. So I mean, I'm so sorry to go in this dark place, but I just have to be in that we're here.
Speaker 3: So how hard was it?
Speaker 7: Because the hip hop community sat back and we heard that, you know, Sean passed away, and me personally, I was fucked up because me and me and Sean been great forever, but we were getting closer and closer and closer, and it was getting closer to the point where I just will call him and be like, you're a foul nigga.
Speaker 1: What I did.
Speaker 7: Because I just like him to be curious. He was one of them. I remember I told Buster about Price and he was like, welcome and I was like yeah. He was like sure, he said, and I said, you never listened to his lyrics.
Speaker 1: I said, you never called me and was like, I think I gotta sign this guy. I think I gotta sign.
Speaker 7: And the week after he passed away and Bus kept hitting me and I didn't answer bus calls, but that week not because I don't respect Bus, because I absolutely do, but it was just like I just wanted to deal with the morning as opposed to what was going on.
Speaker 1: And then and then afterwards, I'm.
Speaker 7: Gonna be honest, Sis, everybody seen how great Sean was? After one second says one second?
Speaker 1: How many times did I was trying to call you showing to come funk with me?
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 1: Because I really knew how special this kid was. I didn't know what to do with it. I didn't know what to do with it.
Speaker 11: I know what to do with it now, but it's so But a lot of people, a lot of people did, Yes, I got your I'm just gonna a lot of people did. You have to understand he had put out three solo albums and no ships. For an artist to reinvent himself, right, that's a very difficult thing to do, especially for what you call an old school artist or you know whatever that whatever the phrase is, artists from following them. He recreated himself where he was torn, where he was selling albums, where he was he was making a good ass living.
Speaker 1: Reinmaking himself.
Speaker 3: Saw stuff the day fans.
Speaker 1: And they kept doing it, and they kept.
Speaker 11: There was a lot of labels at that time and point that were recognizing what was going on. I saw a buster one day in front of transit on Broadway. I remember he pulled me in. I saw him outside transit, you know how bust grabbing yo and he this is a couple of This is probably like a year before a year maybe two before.
Speaker 1: He passed, and he was like, you know, I'm going to work with Sean. I want to be like, all right, well we're already moving.
Speaker 11: But everything would would always come back to Sewing. But one thing was shown is and he had the choice. He never switched teams, no matter. He never switched teams.
Speaker 7: So since you seemed you seemed to him in the group and then you seem to him as a solo artist, where did you think his space was more comfortable as.
Speaker 1: Sean Price? Yes, okay, he was able, you know, because he wasn't funny at all as a group, Like I never laughed that rocking rock at all.
Speaker 3: He was not scary.
Speaker 21: Like now showing Price comes, I'm like, that is they.
Speaker 22: You know, That's how I wanted.
Speaker 1: I always looked at myself like Vinzmarkey with a gun.
Speaker 5: That's always how I.
Speaker 1: Looked at myself.
Speaker 7: And I said, damn, this nigga doesn't turn into Biz Markey with two guys.
Speaker 5: You're a guy listen.
Speaker 1: Showing showing, showing, show what.
Speaker 3: I'm laughing like.
Speaker 7: But's actually a lot of that's I always looked at myself.
Speaker 1: Because you know, picking boogers.
Speaker 7: Picking boogers made me laugh and that and that was the the police is that's not like the police, you know, last so, but that's how I always looked at Sean because bes Markey was my idol.
Speaker 1: And everybody hated Biz, not hated they just didn't his mind. I mean from from my eerr they gave it. They didn't you know what I'm saying. I'm just saying my people didn't take.
Speaker 7: Biz as serious as game as rod him or whatever.
Speaker 6: But Biz made me laugh and I always wanted to be entertained and laugh at the same time. And that's what when Biz.
Speaker 1: Came, it was like, oh, that was the ultimate shot, and then I'm not gonna lie. I felt like I took on that on archy.
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 7: I don't know that word. I'm sorry, Monica, this excuse his homework. So I took on that and then I left it alone. And I left it alone and I tried to make club records and party records and.
Speaker 1: All that, and Sean reminded me that you fucked up. I'm beating this way up, and.
Speaker 3: He did that.
Speaker 7: So do you think because me personally and this is some fucked up ship to say, but I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Keep it real, keep it. I developed this perfect personality.
Speaker 3: When I gain weight.
Speaker 1: After I gained weight, I was three hundred and sixty pounds, I didn't want people to look at my stomach became so I became funny Cort concentrate.
Speaker 5: That's how you concentrate on what I'm saying, everything else but me.
Speaker 1: But Sean never got big as me.
Speaker 7: So how did Sean, in your opinion, develop that that that you know personality?
Speaker 3: I would say, you know the struggle takes you there.
Speaker 11: You know the ups the downs.
Speaker 10: You got personal problems, you got real problems. You understand what I'm saying. You know, as artists, and I say this a lot, we have to deal with the world with the fans, want how people gonna look at us, how they perceive us. At the same time, you're dealing with personal issues from your family. You want to help everybody, you want to make everybody happy, and all that shit just builds up. You try to direct your attention elsewhere.
Speaker 11: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: You know it's hard, like he lost his moms and then he had to get out there and do a show.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying his mom, you know she didn't raise them, but we're doing that.
Speaker 5: Sean Price.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie. See how she got on stage. It's so beautiful. This make some noise a little s Price. I don't know if y'all understand.
Speaker 7: I don't know if y'all know what we do here at this show, but I'm gonna reintervate your.
Speaker 3: Showing Price at the stage.
Speaker 1: Yes, talking about it, can't talk about it.
Speaker 15: She was a yeah.
Speaker 5: And he brought out.
Speaker 3: That prospect that was what the women's that show called.
Speaker 10: That was with us, one of them on the stage, and he brought from the first time from from there.
Speaker 3: Now she's doing photography.
Speaker 5: Versus she.
Speaker 3: Everything. You can't stop it with her now, Drew, I got a question.
Speaker 15: For you, and this has with Sean Price, and this might be kind of wrong in a sense, and I'm gonna tell you why. This is one of the most depressing times I had in hip hop. I went to Shady Records, I don't know, I remember the year exactly, and I went to visit Riggs.
Speaker 3: Morales and you walked in.
Speaker 5: And you was pitching.
Speaker 3: Sean to them.
Speaker 23: He was like, yo, and you was giving the Illis pitch to them. And I remember Riggs just like not not being sure of what you were saying. And I'm like, because I already know I know what he meant to the movement, Like how could why would you question this? So I walked away from from.
Speaker 15: That office like disheartened the hip hop, like why the fuck would they not understand.
Speaker 3: This is a legend already, why would you not pick this up?
Speaker 5: But and then you had to pitch it?
Speaker 11: I mean I probably went up there for Paul because we were already cool. We first of all, we have yeah, we have history with them, right, that goes back to a whole other story that we have at one time.
Speaker 5: Remember that day.
Speaker 1: I do remember that day.
Speaker 11: You also have to remember at a certain point, right that we're talking about, like there's a lot of comedy to it, but they like to Burn's point, there was a lot of struggle also.
Speaker 1: Around ninety eight ninety nine, we lost that glorious.
Speaker 11: Production deal that Priority Records, Smith and Wesson signed the raucous right with Me and Buck were sitting back on we got to regroup and we gotta find new funding. We gotta find We went back to my apartment, like we went from offices in the penthouse with copy machines and all types of crazy shit to the copy machine being in my kitchen. So at the same time we're looking at we got artists that are active, and we're saying we got to we gotta do something for them as well. And we started making deals that killed us, like we were dismantling the roster, like literally at Smith and Wesson was signed the raucous records.
Speaker 3: But at the same time that I think that was like something that hurts in the beginning.
Speaker 1: When he didn't out, because you're saying that sign is hurt. Hurt it hurt.
Speaker 11: It hurt us because we couldn't provide the home anymore.
Speaker 1: We couldn't provide the.
Speaker 3: Kind wasn't just us no more, it was outside into.
Speaker 1: The outside entity.
Speaker 11: We made a new deal. We signed, you know, we signed a group like everybody said, all right, they had it was our ideal.
Speaker 1: So so Sean was also without a deal.
Speaker 11: And so at this time, like Rock the partner and held the skelter of Rock, he had a deal with priority. They kept him through that deal, so they were allowed they were allowed, right, they were, but it was it was through that contract. But they were allowed to keep one artist from our roster. And that's what they chose. They chose that they chose, they chose. They were in our contract. They were allowed to keep one act and they chose Rock and that I think that put a huge chip on Sean's shoulders, you know, And so we we went back to that finance, We went back to advise you. We went we went back to putting out twelve and singles, and at that time, there were a lot of like, you know, different different labels because Steve Rifkin call, you know, Paul called. So we were taking a couple of these exploratory meetings, like I thought that might be a good fit for him, Like if him, if he did a deal with with him, that was something crazy would have happened, I swear, but I don't know how hard I was, like, I don't know if.
Speaker 5: I walked away from that. I was like, how could this not work?
Speaker 1: But I never felt I know, I felt like that it makes sense.
Speaker 5: Like when you why you have to pitch that now? But I never, I never I.
Speaker 3: Never felt like that.
Speaker 1: That's why, Yes, that independent spirits.
Speaker 5: But what I'm saying, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't leave that meaning feeling anyway.
Speaker 24: So I'm even like like up in the air. Just can't get it already. You know what I'm saying, drink another word?
Speaker 1: You are like yours?
Speaker 3: No man, no, no, you ain't. We got the hookah there.
Speaker 1: You done give us the morning. We're gonna we're gonna talk about the bell there hook next, got bout the way. There you go.
Speaker 3: I'm doing right over here.
Speaker 1: We won't get so hold on, hold on was a shouting. So this is this is what I want to go. Do you know how many blow that ship?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 1: Do you know how many people got shot we made?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 3: That was I think that was a lot of niggas.
Speaker 25: That was.
Speaker 3: That was in the floor front.
Speaker 7: I think nigga's here right now, shot niggas and we're gonna cuit and we just shoot a niggas here.
Speaker 3: We want the vision gun class you fucking that Tiger.
Speaker 5: No Joe Rogan.
Speaker 3: They did the show, y'all did the show Miami.
Speaker 5: They actually black Man actually want you.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, yeah, I'm about more shot, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I can't steal that.
Speaker 1: I can't can't everybody say what she said. As long as having this out here, you go, So that's it.
Speaker 3: Not they did the show. It was actually it was actually black movie and they did the joint.
Speaker 18: Actually it was actually they did who about the problem, but put up what up?
Speaker 15: Name?
Speaker 1: The shots were shot.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, you're gonna interrupt.
Speaker 1: With you stopped inter You see this, friend, it's not a shot?
Speaker 3: Is this guy's the worst a shot?
Speaker 26: But this shot, this is a three shot like on yours.
Speaker 3: There's that's that.
Speaker 1: We're doing?
Speaker 15: Ye we go.
Speaker 1: The table return well for me?
Speaker 8: Listen, hello, hold on, he everybody, Russ, Russ, you're listen shadow.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you'll understand what we do here drink Champs. What we do drink Champs is we support.
Speaker 3: Show A Legends.
Speaker 1: And I don't know why by phone has any more shots of anything.
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 1: This is like because Capone going to sleep on a terrace. You see, and he rich. You see, I see the.
Speaker 7: Last war report. Jack come in very good. So he's good, good deal and he supreme click to see there is that's horrible. He is by far he's here where he's still not the foulest guy in the world. That's my brother.
Speaker 27: You know what.
Speaker 1: We celebrated your birthday tonight right.
Speaker 5: My brother Kanye.
Speaker 7: Victor Norway Santiago represents for you. I love you since I met you, and we stayed together and we're gonna be together. And I want you to keep doing what you gotta do because you gotta do what you gotta do. You gotta stop wearing rabbits that I love.
Speaker 1: You if I don't make it home.
Speaker 3: Y'all know what happened?
Speaker 5: Drink now.
Speaker 7: Let me ask y'all something that's collective. As a collective to me, you changed your face of hip hop because y'all was the first. People like Whutan came after y'all. Even Master B came after y'all. I said, they want to contain their music and keep it together. But in my opinion, y'all was the first people to do it. Y'all was the first.
Speaker 1: People to say I'm gonna maintain and stick together and do what to do?
Speaker 28: Now?
Speaker 1: Was that was that an attitude that all of y'all developed? Oh? That was just your ball.
Speaker 3: I think that that was everybody. That's why after one group we always went back and got the next group. Well got on.
Speaker 5: He came back Dot Smithford Wesson, Smith and Wesson got on. We went back and got help the skeleter. The skelter got on.
Speaker 3: They came back and they were OGC. That's why it was the great he That's why they was the fast. Five was OGC and help.
Speaker 1: That was that was We was used to being around out, being around each other.
Speaker 14: Like we didn't have We didn't have the support of of Like we didn't have the ol gs in the industry.
Speaker 1: We giving that jewels. So everything we did we learned.
Speaker 3: It was like on the job training, like Buck was extremely smart.
Speaker 1: Go to the job training. We don't know nothing about me to death.
Speaker 5: Yo, every good.
Speaker 11: We learned.
Speaker 1: Everything we learned we was doing.
Speaker 14: Internet were like yo, we we had to come up to the priority to get on the internet and talk to the fans.
Speaker 1: Nobody wanted to do that, you know.
Speaker 14: I mean now everybody is on the phone, like tweeting and texting every five seconds what I'm saying. So it's like we learned from each other.
Speaker 1: So we was used to that. And when we wasn't on the road, we was at we was.
Speaker 14: At home, you know what I mean. We was trying to find the best We spots in Brooklyn and harm.
Speaker 3: Damn Star Wilson handout.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about every week.
Speaker 3: Queens Niggers wait the booking for the best weed. That's what YA was going on, Lewis yais.
Speaker 13: Ninety seven.
Speaker 3: That's how I caught a lot of queens.
Speaker 1: Joe. I was like, Yo, we run the corner of.
Speaker 13: My high school drop.
Speaker 5: It was at least two times a week I would bump into you and Ray and body man, let me.
Speaker 1: Take you something, Let me take you something. This I see this again every week by New York.
Speaker 5: Like we're just looking at it, like what you're doing.
Speaker 1: What you're doing here? Damn, I'm gonna see you. We both there for the same reason.
Speaker 7: But I just want to keep it to you big enough dump down because it was something that that really bothered me.
Speaker 3: The other day.
Speaker 7: I believe the guy that was here earlier, I think, tweeted me and said, when is good this guy?
Speaker 27: No no, no, no, the God.
Speaker 1: He said said, when you know the god? Otherwise they white the white guy.
Speaker 7: The god I think it was tweeted me and they said when they're going to have dunk.
Speaker 1: Down on it? And you know what I said, are we ready to give buck. I think it was time for about you.
Speaker 3: Where's the guy?
Speaker 1: I said, he's gonna think?
Speaker 29: I said, God, I not only wanted to get down no protection right now, but I wanted all of y'all.
Speaker 30: I want to hold on my part. And I got fascinated, thank you. I wanted all of y'all together. And the only that I wanted all of y'all together, because I.
Speaker 7: Get mad when people mentioned the greatest labels of all time and people which mentioned the greatest independent people of all time, and then they don't mention y'all. Like I personally get mad at that. I appreciate that because it's like I survived it. I lived it, and they're still here. How can you fuck is not include them?
Speaker 14: But I mean, we came from we came from We came from a place that that that raised us as warriors man, like you know, going through going through the older label drama and you know, losing people, casual teams of war, you know, contracts and stuff like I guess we developed hard skin man. And it's like we've always been underdogs and we never looked for anything. We always did it ourselves.
Speaker 3: Like it started as.
Speaker 14: Duck down Management and went to duck down records where we was when we was down like any other team.
Speaker 1: When we was down, fab five was up, you know when.
Speaker 14: And when we got back up, we got back with the Fab five. So it was just us to the whole, to the whole thing, and we never looked for We never looked for anything.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 14: I think Drew and and Buck was genius is in the sense that they got it after a while and said.
Speaker 7: So, let's actually can do this ourselves. Once y'all got popping. Was the other labels that came into play and said, down, come with us.
Speaker 3: Of course, let's talk about it.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about it because Drew needs to feel good.
Speaker 3: I don't know about it.
Speaker 5: Black she.
Speaker 1: Was like got said, man, we was already groomed. Man like we was not.
Speaker 14: It was you couldn't you couldn't take good from I'm gonna make jokes because even Sean Brice me jokes.
Speaker 1: Joe said, I would have left with nobody from me to deal. You told me you would take me with him, though he said he always was always.
Speaker 5: You want to deal with him.
Speaker 3: He was in dend.
Speaker 31: You know, what's the relationship for me? When I did my big right, it was it was it was. It was not a lot of It was not a lot of people, how can count on?
Speaker 15: But it was.
Speaker 3: I was getting fan mail. I was getting bags of fan mail.
Speaker 1: I was getting a lot of fucking fan mail.
Speaker 3: But I got one letter.
Speaker 15: That I was like.
Speaker 3: I looked at him, was like, na, this can't be real. It was f fucking rock And I looked at that ship set there and he spoke.
Speaker 31: On behalf of all y'all niggas like, Yo, I'm speaking on behalf dun damn like.
Speaker 13: Y'all my nigga were riding for you.
Speaker 3: And I came home and I fucked at you separate. I fucked at you separate. I spoke to you separate. That was the really ship, yo.
Speaker 15: It was not.
Speaker 13: I didn't get no mail from no living I didn't get the man from den Bro.
Speaker 31: I didn't get the mail from fucking I got mailed from Yon niggas man.
Speaker 1: Down to come home and.
Speaker 3: Make millionaies and to get from millionaires. It was really ship in my life.
Speaker 1: Now we know that we know the benefit of that man.
Speaker 3: That's what we came from us.
Speaker 32: We was raised in the Hookiga gave me loving.
Speaker 3: Jail like that's how we hooked up with Pop right, Like that's real because y'all was fucking with Park before anybody.
Speaker 33: That's what the baby, the baby, they don't got baby, they don't got baby powder in Miami, you know, fake.
Speaker 7: Mostimial niggas they don't got, they don't got they got Egyptian and shing like that, Like Reliant, you gotta get relegate, you.
Speaker 1: Gotta have fake Colona everything.
Speaker 3: Everybody not gonna do like the police. That's once business.
Speaker 7: Started, you know, like a motherfucker what I'm say, how is it?
Speaker 1: How is that? Because it feels like all right, now you know what all that other ship.
Speaker 11: But we gotta make you know what, We gotta make this the distinction clear right because we're going through a couple of decades of what we've done. Yes, and so along the way we evolved and we understood that we had I have to make the distinction.
Speaker 1: Two between between Boots Can't Click and Duck Down.
Speaker 11: Right, we Can't Click is a super group comprised of all the artists.
Speaker 1: That we're talking to right now. But then Duck Down is a label.
Speaker 11: Still would go on and we distributed a lot of records for some artists that you may not even think that we will a distribution company for We put our records from KRS one, we put our records from be Real, from Pharamond, from Black Rock. We've done four records with Statics Selector with Ninth Wonder, with Pete Rock. It's the check and we we evolved into a into a label, a consulting company, and a distribution company because we had to.
Speaker 1: We had to move with the times. It wasn't gonna be about but see, I'm gonna be this real careful because you're gonna get me in trouble.
Speaker 5: You see the video.
Speaker 1: You see the videos.
Speaker 11: Young and May runs through a partnership that we have where we handle her distribution of marketing.
Speaker 1: But she's got right now, but she has her.
Speaker 11: Own entity and we're very careful and respectful of how we presented because she's not technically on duckdown, but.
Speaker 5: From what we work for her.
Speaker 11: Look if you aly just went three times platinum on.
Speaker 5: Throw up.
Speaker 11: To be like so anyway, we do that a subsidiary company called three D and that's so so. Now explained that to upcoming artists who would like to be down.
Speaker 1: Right, we need a lot you're doing for these new artists becau.
Speaker 15: People don't understand that that new artists have old school people behind them.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Right right?
Speaker 11: You put a good team, put a good team together. Getting up on iTunes is not going to do it for you. A lot of people can go to tune Core or.
Speaker 1: Whatever and think that records up on iTunes and they're good.
Speaker 11: You still need a good network of people, experienced people that can go and talk to these people and get you positioning and get you marketing things and brands and different.
Speaker 3: Deals and of strategy together.
Speaker 11: So that that became a role with with with and we have an incredible success with her, and big up to her.
Speaker 1: She you know, she's doing her thing like incessibly. She's fully independent. She's fully independent. We handle her distribution in her marketing. So what did you do? What did you do?
Speaker 34: Because I talked to a couple of radio people, and a couple of radio people told me a couple of radio people told me that you called them and said, how do I move this record?
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: So we dropped the record.
Speaker 1: She got the views that everything was starting to move, you know, but on radio only. Flex went on it early and we had brought her around we made the I'm sorry. We made many rounds with.
Speaker 5: Way before she dropped.
Speaker 11: Ooh.
Speaker 1: She she had a several videos. Static can tell you. We brought her the Statics house.
Speaker 11: We were making our rounds and introducing her the DJs, bringing her everywhere she.
Speaker 1: Had to go. And when she caught the record, Flex had already seen it. He you know, he went in on the record.
Speaker 11: He believed in it, and he started to go on it and literally from Flex supporting its spread to the other DJs. And the good record is a good record, man, it's not. I wish we could take more credit for it. And a lot of times even some of our artists around us going y, what did you do? Who'd you paid?
Speaker 3: What'd you no?
Speaker 15: Like?
Speaker 1: Good music sells itself, It really does.
Speaker 7: When you have a great record, and you're right, you.
Speaker 1: Got times right now, people she shot, I'm I'm.
Speaker 7: Sorry to cut you off because I want you add on, continue and ship. But when you are legend, you have a great record and they'll just be looked over. But if you have a new artist hype, and I believe she had the new artist hype, I'm not saying.
Speaker 1: She created that, it was she did a thing with it.
Speaker 3: Definitely not static.
Speaker 22: You always come on.
Speaker 1: I mean right like.
Speaker 14: Generically I about to call it right now, but generically like calling. But we were coming from a place where where where we.
Speaker 1: Like like baby moms from my hood.
Speaker 3: In fact.
Speaker 14: But we brought the We brought life to to music like we wasn't imitating life that we brought the real life to to the to the beats saying so it's like.
Speaker 1: What the fun little guys, you're about to get kicked out? Throw it out there.
Speaker 14: Our biggest fans was dudes from Brownsville, Dudes, dudes from dudes from bas Style, Dudes that knew the story. So wasn't it wasn't It wasn't now from Brownsville, Buckets from Crown Highs, the Brownsville.
Speaker 13: White playing.
Speaker 1: Flat Bush on the straight, Jamaican queens, Jamaican.
Speaker 3: Shut up man, you know you get what.
Speaker 15: Is?
Speaker 27: Where is.
Speaker 3: Shut up?
Speaker 1: Brid brown jamaking about what water the clock? What talks on?
Speaker 22: Listen down to this right this is where she used to go to.
Speaker 1: Mama is making me.
Speaker 3: That's the hand.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 5: That's a week before we throw shows and I'm a queiz every.
Speaker 1: Over to get up and you had so much and all that.
Speaker 3: Come on.
Speaker 35: That's where we are right now, my man outside out side of the Queens. Okay, I'm calling shot, get something.
Speaker 11: You're gonna have to bring back, you know, hold on why you gott.
Speaker 1: Was talking about, then puts the mic, sir in the front front of my you hear me?
Speaker 3: You want you want?
Speaker 15: You want?
Speaker 1: A loud baby with the drink, make so large a book your bookshot?
Speaker 5: Can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Book shot?
Speaker 27: Worn out?
Speaker 1: Can you hear?
Speaker 11: This?
Speaker 5: Is your boy in r e.
Speaker 27: Un learning after finally that's right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, that's what's going on, my brother?
Speaker 1: How you doing?
Speaker 15: My brother?
Speaker 27: It's nothing, good man, I'm good man.
Speaker 1: I'm back in a saying I just don't need re covering it.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of don't.
Speaker 13: So we heard the late day keep everything in horner, you.
Speaker 7: Know, we heard that you're fighting a certain thing. That's the reason why you couldn't come out tonight. Do you do you want to share with the people or you don't have to if you don't want to.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's it's a condition. You know a lot of people.
Speaker 27: People know that the whole they see me standing up for like the medical marijuana stuff. And then you know, like le Sally he people thought that was a joke. And then because I started doing like a lot of research into that because of you know, I heard that epileptic right, and you know what I'm saying, Uh, it's just you know me, you know, that's something that I was diagnosed with, uh, you know, early two thousands, and you know, and and and and it's not you know, it's a real situation. There's millions of people out there that's that's that has the same situation that I know that thinking benefit from a from a voice like me. You know what I'm saying, educating people on recently that maintain you also down winnen in situations where they may not have any to list an ill situation and not only is but a lot of other physical conditions that people suffer from. You know, it becomes a mental I fee. While when you you live, uh, you see others I guess quote unquote really normal which you quote normal resident, But sometimes you don't know what every individual ourselves is dealing with boy our quote through So sometimes you know that's a voice on the side they tell you, yo, everything is gonna be cool. Everybody dealing with something, But no matter what it is, you know, keep pushing forward, maintain your hold your head, maintain your health. You know, don't stress.
Speaker 36: You know I'm saying, stay in your resident things that makes to study, study yourself. Make sure you know, because ain't nobody going to do it like you for you, you know what I'm saying. No matter what, You're always going to be.
Speaker 27: The one that staying on top of yourself. Like, the entertainment industry is a real, real, real stressful industry. And I know every artist who been in this game knowing you know what I'm saying. There's times when I've been on the road and I was like, man, I will with's just no more work edity.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 27: But but but but the love of getting on stage is the places at all, right, you know what I'm saying. So so that combination right there together can become, you know, a rush for some people and a heavy rod for others.
Speaker 7: So let me ask you something. Let me ask you something before you get about it. Describe what we let what is? Describe what that is like?
Speaker 1: What does it do to you? It makes you feel weak?
Speaker 27: Epilepsy is uh, It's a neurological uh disorder. Basically every everything that we do in our body are daily poss actually comes from my brain, you know what I'm saying. I'm sometimes the average person is just say you're not that. Actors, people with epilepsy get nerrative firing an extra extra extra city. It's like a motherfucker that's just traveling on extra speed, you know what I'm saying. And and with that being the case, sometimes when a body stretches out, when it cakes on too much, you know, you lock up. You do what they call what they call a seesure, or you lock up or you know, people have good performers and some people look for people see it. Some people some people may just you know, lock all the way up. So people just you know, some people mumble it is out of the different halls of it out there, but basically all sense from the same hyperactive of nerve cells and the plane. So it's foundations out there a lot of you know people. I'm pretty sure y'all probably seen them and probably walk right by them. Because people can know what that this order was or how relevant it was whatever. But it doesn't just show you that when you donate cloves ten cents, ten twenty cent a dollar whatever, actually goes a long way, man, because I started doing a lot of research in the foundations, did that and their health? You know what I'm saying, the health?
Speaker 7: Oh well, buck yo, man, I don't know if you know what's going on right now. Right now, we're saluting the whole duck down legacy.
Speaker 1: Right now. We're here with Jui, were here with miss Sean Price.
Speaker 3: So we here what you could do, would get we could donate them.
Speaker 7: Were here with teching still and then Capone wants you.
Speaker 5: To turn you.
Speaker 27: I would turn you with in me. You you you forgot about it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 27: You want the time with me?
Speaker 7: You and the studio.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a rock okay.
Speaker 27: And we were sworking brush. I think at the time, me and my dude, you feels like it was due. I think it was like you was that this was the first time like it was okay, and I think it was sticky.
Speaker 3: It was something.
Speaker 1: It was what you said, blacks right, You just say cracks right. Yeah, it's someone the third out and the black one sound and sleep uh huh, your niggas this on to me? Book?
Speaker 7: Is this because this something to me when I fell asleep books, this is going one.
Speaker 1: My bad buck. I'm sorry, but it's good. But your baby mall from my hood.
Speaker 3: Your baby mall.
Speaker 1: Went black frash a little bit.
Speaker 5: Don't the loans?
Speaker 34: You know what you can don it?
Speaker 5: You have left right now?
Speaker 1: Yo, canol? I want to say something to you. Hold on, no, no, no, this is Paul. What's up?
Speaker 5: Baby?
Speaker 22: But what he said?
Speaker 1: You know, I just I just want you to let you know the people where.
Speaker 3: They can donate that, you know, to have a lep Z and all that, right, I mean.
Speaker 27: If you can say a shoe and you can share a shoe, it's something told the uh it's the Epilepsy Foundation. Actually this shoe, but your uh, I gotta, I gotta got foundation.
Speaker 5: Google.
Speaker 1: Google is your friend.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 5: Where about anybody to go out something stormy but you stormy?
Speaker 27: Okay, if you go to truckle store bot Tuffy story. It's a little young lady who was she's about.
Speaker 1: She should be about.
Speaker 27: Ten years old right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay.
Speaker 27: She says the whole with with the with the research and and stuff that need to get for her and all the like the opportunities they had and beso they had and everything that became for her. She's been good for like a couple of years now, so you know, you know and and just you know, just it don't even have to be this, be just any any other foundation that because again where different beat in the situation where you just you could be in the household man for a boot leg and you see all the even you just see all the misfortunate and something like going. You know what, your life is a precious thing man. You know I appreciated love it and live it or live it out man. That's why I did make you see look man, it's.
Speaker 3: Look down for life down.
Speaker 27: But right you see when the many coming ash you we wanted the last month that very much is qushed down so many other rabels.
Speaker 7: Right right, that's what that's that's what that's what we get into tonight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're bigger, y'all Up ya.
Speaker 31: Niggas originated fucking with Pop Pop gave y'all the most love.
Speaker 7: By y'all, the original bad boy, the original death.
Speaker 3: Bro hold on which one of y'all have to letter wrote the park, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 1: Buck and let me going back your buck, don't even your buck.
Speaker 7: I just want to thank you so much, my brother. We want you to get you get well soon and you already know drink chances. We're all about big enough, our legends, and we need you on here that some day once you get well, we want you back. We want you on here, and we want to say thank you so much my brother. Yes, Recipe shaw Price, that's right. I one love my brother Pig. So now I hate to go to this. So I hate to after this great call, after.
Speaker 6: We have the beautiful miss shaw Price here, after we have all this, I hate to go to this question, but I.
Speaker 1: Have to ask this question.
Speaker 15: Go for it.
Speaker 1: How the fuck did y'all catch be for Biggie Small?
Speaker 5: I was waiting for that one.
Speaker 3: I wasn't there.
Speaker 1: That is that your way of getting out of this one?
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 3: I didn't make somebody like you in the video.
Speaker 1: No opposite, Nobody nobody about that. Nobody ever asked you hold on talking about it.
Speaker 5: Ain't about asking about it. That's just that was my nigga from long time, like big from the style from the Styles, my brother. And it was just a miscommunication of misunderstanding what happened.
Speaker 1: And you know what I mean, does it over get money?
Speaker 37: No, it wasn't.
Speaker 1: It wasn't. It wasn't.
Speaker 5: It was it was just it was just so that even wasn't he supposed to go down the way it went down, It was it was just hot heads against hot heads, young is against young and then the way it got niggas through the water on and the fire was put out and that was it me because it was But.
Speaker 7: Y'all, actually the video dudes had we can't forget who has had that.
Speaker 1: Chorus that get money?
Speaker 3: Dues recorded that song. Dudes recorded that song.
Speaker 1: So we had that song.
Speaker 14: O GC had that song already original gun Clopial gun clops Right. We went to Palladium that night we saw Biggie performing it. Uh So automatically the youngest was like, oh, they you know, stole my joint, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So if they had a song called get Money, No, they had a.
Speaker 3: Song with that, with that chorus, I could be asked.
Speaker 1: With nobody on that that's somebody else's lyrics.
Speaker 14: Really, But in that climate, you know what I mean, that climate, that Palladium climate.
Speaker 1: And then you got then you got the h then you got the label.
Speaker 14: The label was always looking for the juice where they could find a juice act and you know, let's let's let's the label.
Speaker 3: The label fed the fuel to that.
Speaker 1: And if you do DJ Clark Kent and Easy LP. Yeah, l B was Yall producer and LP was Big East producer. Like damn.
Speaker 38: You noticed, I know you told you told us the story, you know, the talking about it, Yo, there's not nothing to talk about because like U out, it's not nothing to talk about.
Speaker 5: Like I said, Big was my nigga and these are my family needs of my niggas. I'm a bad staring nigga from birth to the death, but Big was my nigga for life. It's still Julian Monty, I still all and all the Mega.
Speaker 3: So we don't have to be coming up for that ship that I don't know about it. If you don't know about it, then it's not you wasn't dead. You don't need to know about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I understand that, and I respect that till one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: But you know what we do is we just we just yeah in that respects to what.
Speaker 5: You do, man, But certain ships and certain things my niggas don't know talking about it.
Speaker 7: At the end of the day, this is hip hop history, true, so sometimes we have to talk abrum.
Speaker 1: But the things that the wound already here. But this is the womb right here. Everybody think about it ain't here to clarify it. And know I would, I would.
Speaker 7: I would prefer y'all clarified, even if even if y'all would have been.
Speaker 1: But the thing is, the thing is we have.
Speaker 7: To address this because we were I was in D and D when I felt the pressure.
Speaker 1: I felt the pressure where.
Speaker 7: I'm like, they're like, yo, you can't go there, Like why, like you know, Biggest on one side, like okay.
Speaker 3: And they're like, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Dunk down is on the other side, and.
Speaker 5: I'm in the middle.
Speaker 1: I'm in the middle and we're Primo. We're doing our ship with Primo, and then we heard some ship.
Speaker 7: And the thing about it is, I ain't trying to gell on the negativity in case you thought, in case.
Speaker 1: Think about you know, But the thing about it is we this is for a fan. Sometimes the fans know, sometimes they don't know. Sometimes they do.
Speaker 5: Sometimes they don't need.
Speaker 13: But you know, they don't need.
Speaker 1: You ain't killed big, You ain't killed big.
Speaker 26: You know what I'm saying. So that's what they need to hear. So so so what they needed is you say that it was a misunderstanding.
Speaker 13: My motor my motive bike, on my motive bike, pedal bike or whatever.
Speaker 5: But even driving through the hood in my car, Big would pull up on your park and get in my car. We would go uptown to every weed spot that's the weed spot that for at least two hours. No no, we being so the drug spot because me Big uh Money l is up in there or the rockets in there for literally an hour and change.
Speaker 1: Then come back to the block.
Speaker 25: So are you saying?
Speaker 1: Are you saying?
Speaker 7: And I'm sorry, I'm gonna get a little deep. So are you saying when when the beef actually did happen with Big, you was in like.
Speaker 1: Damn, what what is going on?
Speaker 7: Because of the scribe that moment? That's what I'm asking, is the scribe that moment? Because because I heard.
Speaker 1: This is what I heard from the streets that Get Money was a duck down record. Big came into the studio. He heard it and he just like, fuck it, I'm gonna just do But he did a different version of it.
Speaker 7: It wasn't y'all version, but it was the same basis, and he felt like he didn't even like talk to y'all.
Speaker 1: So and is that when the beef started for I'm sorry, I mean beef it wasn't. I mean, just just you know the problem.
Speaker 5: Through all that. I think what what caused the escalation of the ship was the videos because there was no communication because when you look communication, you lack of understanding, and a video over y'all was beating up when you when there's no commune vacation, you have three parts and three entities saying, oh well why bye by well why son by by by?
Speaker 3: Oh why?
Speaker 1: But but Big, that's your man. But that way is that when Park because they Pop.
Speaker 7: Puck embraced y'all because it was.
Speaker 3: I don't think that really had nothing to do with it because was down with y'all anyway.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when when we locked up, me, Big and Pop, we all all three of us as geminis.
Speaker 3: So that was our bond and we had anyway.
Speaker 37: Everything, but that was that was that was always, but that was always our bond that we had.
Speaker 5: Pok wasn't even in the picture. Poc had nothing to do with it. I wasn't nothing to do that.
Speaker 7: But the thing is, I just want to and look, look, you know you my name, you know, but I just want to address it for hip hop history because by the end of the day, I'm not coming at this as Norri.
Speaker 1: I'm coming at this as a fan. Youall guys came.
Speaker 7: In the game before me digging and me outside looking in. That's how it looked. It looked like to get Big and y'all have problems. It looked like y'all y'all did a video. But when I investigated, look like when I invested, me and Big was still in the hood fucking with each other.
Speaker 1: That's the part that people don't know.
Speaker 3: That's why we need to seize and all of them, you know, they all know that they know it's.
Speaker 5: To this day bang season on me like Yo Tech that nigga Big really loved you and it was the feeling was mintual Oka can.
Speaker 7: Be addressed the situation was it because I think you use about explaining it. Did y'all play Big Getting Money record?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 14: No, the record was the o GC record, and it's like, that's not that's our little brothers.
Speaker 1: So you know they told you that Big herd this I don't I don't know how he got to how did they start taking personal bit you?
Speaker 5: Like I said, it was a lack of communication that was there. The video was made. Nobody until that day came up when it was happening and we got the call I was on. I was in the same studio night you told about Big, like your call tech to the phone me and Big is on the phone like the mos on my hands and I'm like, your Big, we ain't never it was supposed to kick this ass man and man and he's like, yeah.
Speaker 1: You're right.
Speaker 5: But where we're at now that's why she did. Let me say the way ship could have really went down.
Speaker 1: This is this is just my opinion. I could be super fucking wrong with this on right, Like you.
Speaker 14: Got these young kids that's on the label, right, and when you get like you have the backing of these these industry people, like the industry knows that the bleeds it leads.
Speaker 3: They want you to have trauma.
Speaker 14: They think if they think, if we can show this image, it may look good for your for your for your track record. So you god damn right, that ship played the part of it. These kids wasn't going Yo, we got beef with Big. We want to set it with that. Nobody was talking about that ship. It's like yeah yeah, So it's like, okay, how can we uh when this ship. So this is where the industry comes and it swoops down.
Speaker 1: And take your babies.
Speaker 14: And they say, no, you can't even walk up the block because you you set a rap and all that. So that's where the miscommunication is at because we should have talked to the homie that wasn't.
Speaker 1: It was like none of us felt like that, you know what I mean, All of the.
Speaker 14: This with all the directors and the producers come in and they start giving a little two cents.
Speaker 3: They say, well, what if let's bring in this guy's bringing a look.
Speaker 1: Alike of this guy.
Speaker 14: Let's bringing Amantel Jordan God, Like, you know what I mean, Like, we're not thinking, yo, we gonna do this in the video. And when we saw the video, when we saw it going down, I don't think nobody felt comfortable with.
Speaker 7: I'm not gonna lie the queen's guy as a queen's guy, and I'm gonna be honest saying that's the worst thing that.
Speaker 3: We did in our career. I was the biggest choice.
Speaker 1: I was the biggest super duck down. I was the biggest hell.
Speaker 7: Like you know, I had fights for y'all in jail, just y'all know, Like I had fights for y'all, like when niggas was like, Yo, what the niggas? I like what I fights, real fights. And when I see the big like you know, like video was just done.
Speaker 1: Never understand that because like and I'm a queen's nigga, and I only.
Speaker 7: Fought for y'all big that's it in jail, and I thought for all. Then when y'all started beefing, I was like, damn, I didn't. I didn't understand it makes it wasn't No, it was nothing.
Speaker 5: Part of the reason why I'm.
Speaker 1: Asking ain't even ain't even just a journalist faking you know what.
Speaker 13: I want to know yourself, I don't even.
Speaker 1: I don't know where.
Speaker 3: We don't know about never make wins when they say them, they say.
Speaker 7: Of communication, hold of hold on you live on the podcast nigga, we got a millien people listening, say what's up?
Speaker 15: Brother?
Speaker 28: Yo?
Speaker 15: What on?
Speaker 1: What what's going man? This this is my brother. Excuse me, No, we we wanna edit that. We wanna edit that, yo. You know I love you, my brother, no doubt Yo. Yo, my nigga.
Speaker 6: I've been writing you since you was eight years old and depends he's eight years older. Used to God damn it, I'm writing your nigger.
Speaker 5: Goddamn and you still U still got.
Speaker 1: The iPhones and films. Goddamn it. Goddamn this makes it go.
Speaker 3: Damn. I love your nigga, nigga whole shipping.
Speaker 15: You got.
Speaker 5: God, you little section two.
Speaker 15: Yo.
Speaker 1: Yo, you know we love your nigga. When you come home, you're good. We're gonna give you an executive job. You're okay, that's baby said. We do all time like that. Boy, Yo, Yo, you're rich, rich rich.
Speaker 5: Come on, come on, sir, come on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 1: The cameras not on you. Relax, Let's get him. Let's get him now. The camera's on you.
Speaker 3: Look at that.
Speaker 1: You got him. He got him.
Speaker 5: He's home.
Speaker 1: Lott bitch.
Speaker 39: You gotta give him your pussy soon as he come on, give him your pussy.
Speaker 1: That's my nigga, that's my nigga. Room. I grew up with him. Mister up raised me. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It's pops and now you home.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen woo oh ship and your wife texts you to it's like together, ye listen, listen, listen. So sorry, you got a little art, but listen, the bottom line of the story is this the relationship disable people on the other side. M P was the thig that from the hill? Everybody else.
Speaker 2: Right, it was Brooklyn a little brook because like, why would you have a Brooklyn nigga?
Speaker 40: You just bro Ni.
Speaker 1: One of the worst things you ever did was that.
Speaker 27: You know what that was?
Speaker 5: You you said that.
Speaker 7: Why do you feel like it was the one of the worst things you ever did because you felt like you're gonna let it go.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was.
Speaker 27: It was.
Speaker 14: I think we should have for me, Like I look at my little homies, So I'm like, all right, I'm gonna ride with my little homies.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. And you can give them, but so much inform. I'm sorry to action deep with that. What did your little homies tell? What did they say?
Speaker 3: It's there, it's there, this is their project, Okay, this is their thing.
Speaker 7: And they came in and I can't they felt like big heard their ship and bid it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, I would just say this. They expressed some.
Speaker 1: Dissatisfaction with that this is being their first time out.
Speaker 3: You know, this is their thing.
Speaker 1: They want to come out and they want to you know, they want to make a little splash.
Speaker 14: So if they hear somebody performing a song that they know they just finished creating in the studio, you know, obviously the ain't going to be a little bit uncomfortable about that.
Speaker 1: Because that's exactly how it hurt. I'm just saying as an industry.
Speaker 14: Person, I don't know if these guys heard the song there, but you already know D and D was a hub man.
Speaker 1: Everybody was in anybody going you know what I mean. Everybody was in different.
Speaker 3: Sessions, different people session.
Speaker 7: But how I heard it was somebody said Big walked into one of your sessions.
Speaker 1: They heard it, He heard the record, and then all.
Speaker 7: Of a sudden he had Easy LP, who was also my producer, and pull it up.
Speaker 1: And I almost want to say I asked Easy Lp that he said it was exactly.
Speaker 5: How because he was.
Speaker 15: It was.
Speaker 5: It was almost to a point where it was dugging under the controls boosts, So that's how it was.
Speaker 3: Going down like that.
Speaker 5: But it didn't escalate to that because at that moment, it was like, yo, let me talk to it, let me talk.
Speaker 1: To So did y'all actually work out the beat before he died? I like to think we did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that last little phone call.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because it's times that, like I said, I'm from the Stock, so I would be right.
Speaker 3: There on the block and Big gotta go back to New York. I'm only from the shot, right.
Speaker 5: So it was when when Big was out of town and me and sees Nino and Will be right there and Big called like yo, taking it was like you were like, I'm meeting the families of all you in and we were like yeah, like I know what, I know, what could hapen, what's gonna happen, But I'm you know what I mean. So it's still there with our relationship as far as me and Big relationship is cool, and me and my family relationship is still cool. But like I said, it was, it was it felt like it fucked up Brooklyn because it was Brooklyn niggas going against other Brooklyn niggas.
Speaker 3: It was niggas, and it was it was always a beat between the veil and the stock. Is that written rule?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Is that why you got the Mike Tyson tattooed? You want to tell like Brooklyn together?
Speaker 5: Now, this is just this is just my warriors ship. This is this is my warriorship. Like you ever seen Predator the ones.
Speaker 1: That's brother ship.
Speaker 15: I was not tight.
Speaker 3: You have to say, like it's Tyson esque, but this sort of like maybe like a week a.
Speaker 1: Month before they were like I said, we're gonna the game e Tyson.
Speaker 5: Like I used to bump into Mike like when I was a real, real little nigga where he was shut down the stores on Belmont throwing and everybody.
Speaker 3: Get a v goose bomber or let.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 5: That was the only time I was bump into Tyson and he'd be like, yeah, yeah, little niggas like he was boys he was because I always always was told I had the Tyson voice. That's what That's why I never just used to beat niggas on because I used to. That's why I was security.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but.
Speaker 15: What was it?
Speaker 1: What was we talking about?
Speaker 27: Now?
Speaker 5: The actual first time I bumped into Tyson was when I used to train and Marcus Dovey boxing gym. Tyson and Riddick Bow used to come through there. We had the champion Mark Braelan Sweetie used to come through there and I met Tyson in a This was way. This was right before, right during the time he was training in the Catskills so.
Speaker 1: Let me ask thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Oh relax, relax, let me take one of these.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what very like it your birthday?
Speaker 3: Relax?
Speaker 1: Somebody tag of boone shot.
Speaker 5: Well that's going, that's going.
Speaker 15: To make.
Speaker 13: His mission is your new life right here for new life.
Speaker 1: And he's still gone.
Speaker 5: Gentlemen, cheers, cheers the life.
Speaker 1: To the us bringing in no, no, no, this is this is this is this is dog, this is.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 13: I gotta spot.
Speaker 5: Let's go very ship brother.
Speaker 4: I'm also too much for what he's doing, right man, shout out, took a poll, brother, you have correct.
Speaker 5: You need to talking about brother. Let the talk about seven one second.
Speaker 1: Hold on, we spoke about big. You gotta talk about TOPA for next.
Speaker 5: You t fucking mic.
Speaker 13: Away Sneaky keeps.
Speaker 25: Sing, yeah you know.
Speaker 1: You you you you know I can't tell you you.
Speaker 5: Get all on my side the same team.
Speaker 3: Bro star fuck you know I know that's you know, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: The niggas that can't you.
Speaker 15: New, I just like that.
Speaker 5: I'm just watch Solard.
Speaker 1: Like you niggas that came close, okay yo, know me let me ask a questions.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, going, I'm gonna just.
Speaker 1: Because you know, listen, you.
Speaker 3: Into that.
Speaker 5: It's okay for him.
Speaker 1: No, it's okay. I'm gonna get him starting.
Speaker 5: You get that show you're doing.
Speaker 1: Tonight, this how one. I'm now okay.
Speaker 3: You gotta asked the question what you gotta got, what you gotta do? When he was on the hotel.
Speaker 1: Wings, Yeah, and after every wing they were taking shots. See now, the thing about it was, you know wings.
Speaker 7: The thing about it was I watched Hospital Hot Ones to two years straight, so I knew exactly what it was gonna do when it was gonna do it.
Speaker 1: So I tried to bring Tiger Bone to offset what was wrong.
Speaker 3: About what were you all said?
Speaker 41: Hot wings, hot sauce that on E World didn't logo the highest highest.
Speaker 5: Scoville was like, what you did?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 5: When we was in Miami, I told him I putting onto the tagab Yeah, he did tell me.
Speaker 1: This, that's a lot. That's a lot.
Speaker 3: That's not a lot, that's a lot.
Speaker 42: Like he told me the story and Juices for Life. We was going to Jules for Life by Licas and you know what you was coming through your right Listen, I know where you're going.
Speaker 3: You're right.
Speaker 1: But the problem was I was drink from one hundred twenty fifth in medicine.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying, Riet, No, no, no.
Speaker 7: Not just like the problem that just like you talking about hundred and twenty fourth in medicine, ice to drink tagamon around the corner from one hundred and twenty you're talking about around around the corner.
Speaker 1: So I already drinking. But you're right.
Speaker 7: You did tell me, you did. You're right, you did tell me. You know, we fuck with this, but I already was used to it. But I never I never say your tech. I've been fucking with you something different times.
Speaker 15: You want.
Speaker 13: Man just credited.
Speaker 43: To Melation, remember, sorry, it was it was just bringing in the back yard.
Speaker 3: He had the new Port piece on it. Yeah, said what the fun?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And you was about trade and change as drink this ship. Man, he's not lying.
Speaker 1: He's not lying now at one point he lies, He's not like.
Speaker 7: He's But now let's go back, let's get back, let's go back to.
Speaker 1: Sean Price wife nonsense. Wait wait, wait minute, what wait, man, we don't go serious right now.
Speaker 7: We're serious right now, so Sean, other than smoking cigarettes, we don't know why it is, Sean, come on.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but I don't know why Sean is going either. But nobody can answer this question.
Speaker 3: I will tell you that Sean suffered with sleep at.
Speaker 44: Me and that wouldn't sleep at Sleep at me is when you snore and your heart stopped stope while you're sleep sleeping.
Speaker 1: So who explaining because I think all of.
Speaker 5: Us have sleep.
Speaker 1: Had maybe not everybody talk about it. You know, I talked about it back.
Speaker 7: I told about it because like it was one day, I was just talking to pun and the pun is that.
Speaker 15: I was not.
Speaker 1: That's not collectic, which is different.
Speaker 3: I mean, thanks, we got there too.
Speaker 5: I believe I have. I can say it because you have. It's when your heart starts beating.
Speaker 3: For forty time. Yeah, it can't kill you. There's three stages, but you don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about different.
Speaker 3: Oxygen to the brain. That's see that basically, yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Relax for you tells me to relax. There's two shows.
Speaker 3: Sunrise the White or YEA come from ten backwards.
Speaker 1: But let her talk.
Speaker 15: That.
Speaker 1: Okay, what to do and you're with me absolutely like they said, which tag like that.
Speaker 45: I'm gonna say this man, when when Sean passed, I know he was the first person to call that I talked to, like right after you, like immediately.
Speaker 1: I was so hurt.
Speaker 7: She was one of the first men, and I was so hurt. Let me tell you something about let me tell you something about Sean Price.
Speaker 1: I got cut off. Understand, I met Sean Price.
Speaker 3: I knew who he was.
Speaker 7: I definitely did, but he gave me a certain amount of love, and he just he had hit me, and he was like, Nigga, like your funny.
Speaker 10: Relationship, he said, Lloyd, you called other motherfucker slumb layer has a whole new meaning.
Speaker 1: And I will explain that after the album.
Speaker 3: D Yeah.
Speaker 7: So he hit me and I was just like, damn, and I love this nigga so much, but I wanted to spread it to the industry because I knew that he was suffering the same thing that I was suffering.
Speaker 3: During the seing. Then as far as the creation, I just.
Speaker 1: Felt like, listen, listen, he's right here. I'm glad, I'm glad he's right here.
Speaker 29: Say it.
Speaker 1: I remember I sampled something called Don't Let It Go to Your Head brand New.
Speaker 7: I had sampled it on the War record album. That poem came to the studio and said that's hard. I'm gonna lay it verse right now. Trash came to the studio said that's why, and Poem said, that's right, it's why.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't know, Bro, could be no, but rather he was right.
Speaker 1: Trash is right on No, he was right there. It didn't fit with the war because.
Speaker 46: His word, his wording was wrong. And then saying, yo, look where he expressed it. Could have said it don't fit what you're doing right at the moment, right, but he didn't. He just said it was wack right, and they were Poem came.
Speaker 7: Poem said all right, whatever Trash said, and it was like, alright, cool, all right, cool.
Speaker 1: That's what led me to I gotta go some once he goes to jail.
Speaker 3: I knew that one.
Speaker 25: Ready.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Look for the record, Look, look look I.
Speaker 27: Want to go back.
Speaker 3: I want to say for good.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 22: We're talking about you.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not, No, we are. Look at one time, look at one time, system.
Speaker 5: At one time I heard stop talking about At one time I heard Trash wroch your verse for h.
Speaker 24: Is it.
Speaker 15: Now?
Speaker 5: Sorry?
Speaker 22: Let me tell you something that shut up, Trash, Let me tell you, Let me tell you.
Speaker 3: That is how.
Speaker 11: We can We're not talking about tragedy because I figure about no, no, no, you know I ain't cool with him.
Speaker 13: No nobody here about.
Speaker 1: You don't keep it a breath Hold hold hold no one thing about gry.
Speaker 3: People always got that there, like somebody.
Speaker 22: Wrote this time they might have thought about.
Speaker 1: I can right that.
Speaker 3: Hold hold on, hold on, hold on, sinboutmy got that family. Listen.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 31: I can't even father to write some ship that he write like I can't. I can't even begin to talk about.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 13: That ship is not gonna happen.
Speaker 31: So for a nigga to think that I ever wrote or trag you ever rote, or he wrote some ship for me, he can't rap like me.
Speaker 3: I can't rap like him. That's what makes that special. Like it's certain groups like I'm.
Speaker 31: Not taking nothing away from kiss and and the locks and and just the chemistry him and Styles pe Gut.
Speaker 3: But you could put a book down sometimes let's say I don't give.
Speaker 13: The who wrote it.
Speaker 31: The sounds the same, like it's no differential, But that don't take nothing away from the Styles and Jada.
Speaker 3: But for me and this nigga come on, that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 13: Like for a nigga to think that, for a nigga to think that, but.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 47: It's not that, it's not that's the talk. Let me just let me, let me letna give you that ship. Here's how that rumor started.
Speaker 7: When this album came out, the Worr Report, I had no idea what publishing. So when I signed for five thousand dollars, signs.
Speaker 1: Not you, I got you, the money got you anywhere bad Fox because of that, oh.
Speaker 11: Pro four week.
Speaker 24: Everyone was.
Speaker 1: Before a week to bring them back, called me, Megan.
Speaker 3: Thousand dollars gm Z. Do you ever?
Speaker 1: So that's been in a group. You're gonna do you ever?
Speaker 3: Get you to that? For you to be like you feel, I.
Speaker 1: Can't say ship.
Speaker 5: Look just talk every day every day scaring here.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 3: That's that's here's what happened.
Speaker 1: Me and this nigga, This nigga had a deal already.
Speaker 29: It wouldn't be before we'll report. I'm not I'm in jail still. He me and him at each other in jail. So when I came home, he said, fuck it, let's do it together.
Speaker 3: We did it together. What are you doing?
Speaker 5: That's going on.
Speaker 1: What happened is this.
Speaker 3: I had nothing that, I had nothing to go.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I want. But trash stole off. He didn't tell us. That's why.
Speaker 5: Me saying, lawyer.
Speaker 1: Say trash. Listen, twenty thousand dollars for vest I've learned.
Speaker 5: Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait where wait wait wait wa wait?
Speaker 1: Did you know traged before?
Speaker 3: Of course life? Okay, that the reason why, the reason.
Speaker 25: Let me let me tell you something, The reason why we even got in a situation was because of me.
Speaker 1: I was up north, I was getting money. My man wonderful was trying to rap.
Speaker 5: He sucked.
Speaker 3: I'm annit this in the He sucked. He was one of the fuck you bitch ass niggas, motherfucker.
Speaker 13: Telling your mother fucking.
Speaker 1: He thought he was dope.
Speaker 3: He thought he was dope, but he had that Guappolina. I was hustling with him.
Speaker 1: He said, your poem.
Speaker 3: I'm going to the studio.
Speaker 25: I said, word, but mind you. We was in Troy, New York. So he get into the studio. So rest in peace, jam Master Jay there jail felony.
Speaker 1: Everybody you know, listen to New York.
Speaker 19: This is.
Speaker 1: Listen This is the same.
Speaker 3: Studio with jam Master J. Got killed at So jam Master J like trash like, oh, my man wonderful, Like Yo, my man just sit with her hand. I'm jam Master J like Yo. Trash like, Yo, my man wonderful, Like Yo, I fuck with Capone.
Speaker 1: So trash like, oh I know.
Speaker 3: Ky am he for the hoody busses, gun whateverever.
Speaker 13: So my man wonderful, like yeah, he up top of me.
Speaker 21: So he put me in.
Speaker 31: Trash on the phone, I'm gonna lift this center butt real quick. Trash calls me, yo, what are you doing.
Speaker 3: I'm up north. I'm getting money.
Speaker 25: Who come down? I said, all right, fuck it, I can't do it, baby whatever I call him crackhead. Crackhead brings me down. I get to the studio.
Speaker 1: We all free style me jail fellay, trash, trash like jam jam Master J doing the cuts.
Speaker 3: He's doing the cuts in the move so trash like, I don't even know your krime. I'm like, I didn't knock around, like put it enough for you to like, I don't know, So make a little story.
Speaker 5: Show up.
Speaker 3: Trash like, Yo, I want to fuck with you. I'm like all bet he like you gotta step selling drugs. That's not gonna happen. You give me something, Wacken stops selling drugs, and that's gonna happen.
Speaker 31: So a few weeks, a few months after that, this nigga comes home, said, sure I got something drugs.
Speaker 3: I said, that's another question, and you give me something. Wagen slap selling drugs. So then you don't bring none to the table then and all that process, I'm gonna skip a whole way.
Speaker 31: I'm gonna skip to me and him because the process, you know, I mean Faith new Man, you know side liives who signed the fool jeez.
Speaker 1: We living with her.
Speaker 31: She got the house in Midtown with the pool and the basement and all we were doing it up. So now he comes home. Now, Faith like I got you to deal with with with Columbia just chills Me and and uh Man big L Man big L. At the same time we roll dogging. So I'm like, all, I bet She's like, I'm gonna get you in big L tight so men. Big L like yeah, we're gone holding big So so now we're like, yo, get on, nigga. So me and big L like we rolling, we rolled dogs were like yo, nigga, we we got it. Faith Norman got us and we're fucking with but niggad tin dog.
Speaker 15: This this is not.
Speaker 32: Caet then, but naked tin.
Speaker 25: Dog with Jose here last morning. They've got theming they did, so they said John suiting them, you know what I mean. So now they like, oh shit, they like my ship. Right, so I do a song called get the Cream. So it's getting to crave.
Speaker 1: It's the only right.
Speaker 13: So now they're like, we got ahead, my dumb ass.
Speaker 3: I let l e s hear it. That fucking knives from my projects. He gives it to a Z.
Speaker 5: A Z makes sure shit.
Speaker 21: I'm liked because I'm a shooter. At the time, these niggas still think like he's not a rapper, he's a shooter. So now we're going to studio. So now we're going in the studio. So we're like, we're gonna come up.
Speaker 1: With another record.
Speaker 3: Like so I'm like, night fucking whatever. Make a long story short.
Speaker 13: This nigga comes home.
Speaker 3: So now I'm telling trash like your fuck it.
Speaker 13: My man is home.
Speaker 31: But Mariu, we're not on no rap ship. We're just in the studio. He comes to my session. We're in my session, and I'm rapping. He's like, yo, son, you know, I get busy, right, I'm like what He's like, like, fuck it, let's go rocket nigga, that's my brother, That's what.
Speaker 5: Let me go around.
Speaker 3: We never round together. But I skipped the point. I took him in the same house together. I took him shopping and bought him. Man, Timmy, you'll figure ship.
Speaker 1: Remember that part. Yeah, you know what, shut up, stand up.
Speaker 13: You gotta stand up.
Speaker 1: This when her niggas got drugged and niggas got thrown in the pool on hot.
Speaker 3: So when he when you was show, when he came through the house that y'all.
Speaker 5: Was in together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So now I'm look, I'm going back.
Speaker 31: So now so we're in the studio. So now I'm like, fuck it, let's do a song together. This was our first song Playtama Canal.
Speaker 48: My team pushed keys doing out of Canals, and I pissed up sitting on Chris Stavs.
Speaker 3: That's why Jada Jada, Remember when Jada.
Speaker 1: Stuffed like that. Jada has that record. I don't even know how you got that here, that record, I don't even know.
Speaker 25: Jada stepped us Like my team pushed keys through the I'm like you, I don't know that.
Speaker 1: You gave the records.
Speaker 3: Now we're gonna skip.
Speaker 1: We're gonna skip over.
Speaker 31: So now trays like, yo, your niggas is like like like brought and toastyall night and day.
Speaker 3: So we're like, fuck, we're gonna do it together. And then from there we signed us Older the Devil. He did trust.
Speaker 31: And then we did stretch A stretched arm Strong made us st Yo.
Speaker 1: We didn't L A l A.
Speaker 3: And the puck they want to use it stretch all we're doing ourselves.
Speaker 31: He went to us father and got twenty thousand dollars, shot the video.
Speaker 3: And put the record out of hisselves like and you know what.
Speaker 31: He didn't know his father, but that's what made us right and trash. We got the deal and tries to go our fucking money. Five thousand dollars was live and.
Speaker 1: You got to tell you that. Yeah, L A l A came out.
Speaker 3: Cats was mad at me.
Speaker 12: I was on hot at the time. They was like, yo, you know what I'm saying. Yo, Them niggas have to pay you under the table or something. I'm like, nah, this is a good record. This was a good record. And that's one thing I.
Speaker 3: Will say, like, because it was playing it, they thought it. Yeah, because I was playing a lot. I think the first time I got it, I played twice on the show New York.
Speaker 1: New York was being played.
Speaker 3: By the way.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I took I took New York New York off, and that's what they playing in L A l A. Because I'm New York and you know one thing about me, like I represent I represent New York. You know I don't have nothing against nobody.
Speaker 1: But you didn't know. I didn't know that. I didn't know West coast.
Speaker 3: It was quietly, it was East coast, West coast.
Speaker 15: It was.
Speaker 1: You don't know why it wasn't really just enough when we didn't Yeah, we couldn't tell. Didn't know. We just seen it.
Speaker 5: I remember that.
Speaker 3: That's why I don't know absolutely, That's that's what it was.
Speaker 1: That's the only reason why Prodigy took its verse off. If you listen, well, I'm not thising nobody is said, n y C.
Speaker 7: You want to very supreme with seed an get niggas so seen to be mega.
Speaker 1: I got word back from that.
Speaker 27: I got the one.
Speaker 3: That's why didn't he take his verse?
Speaker 5: I got that.
Speaker 3: That's the first I was playing, I got let me did he take his verse off?
Speaker 28: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Let me.
Speaker 49: Wait wait for a second, you go now, absolutely didn't let me talking about yeah talk talk.
Speaker 1: Chance. So what happened we all.
Speaker 5: Got what are you drinking?
Speaker 19: King?
Speaker 7: So what happened was after every verse that respect, he was the only verse that actually felt like it went.
Speaker 1: At l A.
Speaker 3: No, it was the only verse that actually win at LA. It didn't feel like it was.
Speaker 13: It was it was mixed down the center.
Speaker 3: Poway.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you I can't a way to l a story? You can take it?
Speaker 14: No good.
Speaker 39: Relat We said, we don't know. Let's just respawn and let's just see what happens.
Speaker 11: We just keep it.
Speaker 1: But this is before the building.
Speaker 5: Something don't done that. The buildings came at we dropping the record.
Speaker 3: Hey man, man, they keep they keep the buildings over.
Speaker 7: Man's actually skipping over weeks, skipping over two weeks.
Speaker 3: It was different.
Speaker 1: What happened was they didn't I mean to actually we're lying hold on.
Speaker 14: Wait wait wait wait wait wait a minute, wait wait wait wait a minute, wait wait wait wait a minute, wait.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute wait waite He said Smiffen wasn't is on the new sentering seeing an album.
Speaker 1: Of course, absolutely listen. Okay, here's what When I say we lying, I mean this not lyings.
Speaker 5: No, we are, you're lying that lying.
Speaker 7: There was something called the DJ Listigs.
Speaker 1: Back in the days used to be on a DJ list and your.
Speaker 7: Album would come out two months in advance absolute and depending on what DJ you fucked with, you would send the DJ this album two months prior to it coming out. The Dog Pound dropped the album two months prior. I had a dude that was from my hood.
Speaker 1: His name is Chaz. I will never forget on my lovely Chazz sex.
Speaker 7: Chat with the glasses, with the chat don't got glasses and he just wear glass that.
Speaker 13: The chazz.
Speaker 7: And Chazz came up to me and said yo, and he had a Panasonic radio.
Speaker 1: It was fifty dollars of the time.
Speaker 15: That was the.
Speaker 1: Chazz and from the section two right.
Speaker 7: Right coach street stop one left right city ship. Because I'm a left right nigga to a die, come on, broch, so hold on, let me finish. So Chas put this in the front of the joint, I said. Chad said, you teak these niggas is disusing, But chat this was all right.
Speaker 3: We listening.
Speaker 7: Why do you think I'm trying to be funny? Jazz was section two for this is my nigga.
Speaker 3: So Chazz, you talk to me.
Speaker 1: Just wait wait wait wait wait, I had you do it, bro it was it belonged the owner.
Speaker 3: I need one of those in my friend.
Speaker 5: So they told the jazz Jazz, I'm listening.
Speaker 3: Listen, I'm listening.
Speaker 7: So Chash is saying to me, Chash is ready to meet. Damn it, whoever these people are, they gotta go. So now this time, Chad says, yo, did you hear the new Dog Pound?
Speaker 1: Right in year?
Speaker 7: Chazz has never spoke to me about music before in his life. He always talked to me about other ship. He talked to me about Sea Sauce. You know I should take mescalating.
Speaker 1: Friend. I said, to take ship like that.
Speaker 50: Yo, I'm listen, I got you, you got you forgot from Japan.
Speaker 7: So I did that, and then I started to realize when Chazz came back, because child was crazy. The Chazz Wonicle Street and they came back. He said, I think them niggas is killing us. This do for the video, none of that, it's the record. So I was like, oh shit, But now mind you stretch Armstrong text all of us. It's not a text and it is a two way correct two way page, so we all mind you.
Speaker 1: I had just I had just did what I.
Speaker 3: I don't want to.
Speaker 1: I don't want to. I don't want to claim it. So whatever I did to Queensbridge, I didn't want to go back to Queensbridge. So I went back because they told me to come, So I went back. Then we would stressed Armstrong. So we're standing I.
Speaker 7: Got the Bobby throwing stretch though, man, So we're standing there for two hours.
Speaker 3: We all went through that.
Speaker 1: We don't know what to do. So I say, you'll pull up the dog pound out and they said wow.
Speaker 7: And I say, because my nigga Chaz from Section two the Panama Building in ninety sevent Panama, Pena Marle played me he played with this record and I can't distinguished it was a this or not.
Speaker 1: But when we heard it, everybody relax. Who's that?
Speaker 27: Bro?
Speaker 3: Relax?
Speaker 1: So they said to me, are you sure as a this? And we can't.
Speaker 7: I can't distinguish it was a this? Capon did this prodigy can distinguish it? This hav you can disting? Was this tragedy and this is five of us only heard said.
Speaker 1: That went in.
Speaker 3: What's prodigy?
Speaker 1: Was Prodigy? He said, JFK on my way down though, that's how PEZ listen.
Speaker 25: Soon soon the niggas kicked over the buildings, and he thought I was gonna be hold on shot in.
Speaker 8: Brooklyn, y'all shot at shut your niggas left queens.
Speaker 1: For was like, I'm I'm gonna pass it off to you. You know. So when when when Prodigy said, or anybody says.
Speaker 7: We sent them niggas versus and we didn't want to deal do business with them and any person they are liars lives because.
Speaker 1: No, it's true. I'm not saying my brother. I'm saying it because my brother.
Speaker 5: But I'm putting this.
Speaker 1: But but I got you, come on, come on, he says.
Speaker 7: People said something that said equipment and tell we sent them there verses.
Speaker 1: Hell, that is a lie.
Speaker 15: Hell.
Speaker 7: First off, we wanted to kill him when he took the the pop verse soft. But all of us so bad because the only person park ever this was him.
Speaker 1: This is our brother right here. We never we never did that.
Speaker 3: The whole ship was manipulated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which part I like you because he definitely don't make sense.
Speaker 15: But what.
Speaker 5: You're talking about was manipulation. The whole track.
Speaker 3: The whole track is manipulated a l A. The best.
Speaker 51: We didn't get what was supposed to happen. You got the best actuality, We got the original. Some versions we got that got the original.
Speaker 27: I got the one name.
Speaker 45: About this yo FaceTime Lordy last week about it. He looked at the screen and turned around, and I didn't hear from again. But anyway, listen, there's one with the dog poundy, which is y'all remade the dog pump clear.
Speaker 14: I got that.
Speaker 52: There is the Molly. I got the second one. Tell me I'm not I'm not talking about three versions of the beat?
Speaker 5: What the talking about? No one with the running ring?
Speaker 15: It up.
Speaker 7: One because then came out one because Prodigy was the only one who took his verse off.
Speaker 1: And guess what it was the only one photo right, because he knows it was. It was the only one that that if you think about it. Never said he didn't want to. He was.
Speaker 3: Google with the box.
Speaker 39: Close that door you when Google po said, fucking born will never it doesn't exist.
Speaker 22: And think about it.
Speaker 25: Even if he wanted to sales he said, mom deep and and the mother niggas. You could have been a other biggas. But so what you know, I'm saying, I'm gonna say this and I'm out, I'm out. I'm gonna hill right here.
Speaker 3: But yo, Vibe Magazine did that whole ship bro was West Coast created.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, that never.
Speaker 13: Would have never had it.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something that was That was a Vibe magazine.
Speaker 1: Though listen, it was a fuller and they killed That was the fall of Vibe.
Speaker 31: Magazine as a print because you gotta you gotta realize right when you that right now, that ship brought federal investigations.
Speaker 41: That ship brought indictments. That ship brought you whatever, that's coachable. People died on that dumb They go and die with that dumb.
Speaker 13: My magazine never gonna say he has a new boys.
Speaker 5: He's gone pretty much, he's gonna go. Time got leave you that.
Speaker 3: He's been drinking, tagging, boney, sweating, trying to time drew you.
Speaker 5: It's a bunch of monos then.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 13: But I'm just like mushrooms.
Speaker 3: If you have a good like the.
Speaker 53: Black Mantle, they drink and let him say right there.
Speaker 5: You know you know what you are you you cannot make your shn't see with static beg last year she was static.
Speaker 1: Static.
Speaker 13: Get that.
Speaker 3: You better not see with him.
Speaker 5: Look like the fun is going on?
Speaker 1: Hold hold up, hold on?
Speaker 5: Was not hold up once once? Come back swimming, going back to drink, change your drink. Chance right now, listen, you'll see an holy fuck boys.
Speaker 3: Girl.
Speaker 5: He's all the flying plane to.
Speaker 22: A brother.
Speaker 13: He waln do whatever my brother.
Speaker 3: Now, please rely tell you right now, please, that's what happens. That's what happened.
Speaker 28: Come down, my brothers, my brothers, my brothers. He said, yeah, I'm going to New Yorker, so let me let me live.
Speaker 1: His mother my mother.
Speaker 50: I know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, were the last dudes that hung out with Park tell us that like like like recordings, we're recording. Brother, you're the microphone? Why you animized?
Speaker 15: You think you.
Speaker 53: Thought the microphone was my bat to go on?
Speaker 1: Say not even name? Question asked.
Speaker 3: Back to the question about yeah.
Speaker 54: Don't bed and I am conducting the interview right now.
Speaker 12: There you go broke, you know, I wait, we had stuff like this back when I was listen to me, listen to me.
Speaker 7: Everybody liked you ever been in that select pull on, let's stop.
Speaker 5: It looks like this.
Speaker 54: You're gonna stop streaming like that. I not help you, but I'm cubid with cubans.
Speaker 5: Let him go. He's tubing. Be what you're just saying. Oh he's cute, yo. P was on my album.
Speaker 3: Bro, that is my brother, pet.
Speaker 1: You gotta have thank you brother.
Speaker 3: If you don't trust in God, trust no guy, what then.
Speaker 1: You think that's it? It's done? Wrap you.
Speaker 3: I'm mumble price. No, No, we're talking about pot. Yes.
Speaker 1: Park was on my album.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Capon you world.
Speaker 5: His mother to jump off, Jo listen, real talk, real talk.
Speaker 1: I can fuck with you.
Speaker 5: I can real talk.
Speaker 3: Y'all. Were the last one allows people to you with with Park?
Speaker 5: You can y'all stop with me?
Speaker 1: You too, I'm gonna fuck with you.
Speaker 3: You Hey, buddy roll, dumb, buddy brow you call him buddy brow crazy to get out with them?
Speaker 1: Get right?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm not the fool with me.
Speaker 1: Here with me. I'm just asking here with me, dang you you have to do that, brother, that's what you have to say.
Speaker 15: I'm just.
Speaker 1: That's that's what you get.
Speaker 3: Here as you were, man, I'm sorry, sorry that.
Speaker 1: You yo.
Speaker 5: Man, that hair doesn't help me. Man, really, but you can't. I know, I know, I know, I know the whole thing.
Speaker 15: I know.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 14: Please respect us now you want me to absolutely absolutely I want your inspection.
Speaker 13: Let's go.
Speaker 5: Let's go, let's go.
Speaker 1: We're talking about Park right now, Park and Yo, let's do it.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about the relationship with Park and y'all.
Speaker 3: See for musical genius.
Speaker 1: Because for me, I don't. For me, I don't.
Speaker 38: I'm not when it comes to you received a lot of slab when it comes to interviews for me, I don't.
Speaker 1: You don't you see a lot of slab? Will check check. Let me just say this, you'll received a lot of slack.
Speaker 7: At one point, I said, walk everybody, holy police speak.
Speaker 15: Yeah, call me, Yeah, call you in two hours, bro, he said, call me in an hour.
Speaker 1: So y'all hold on. You guys will see the line of slack once pop what happened?
Speaker 7: Let me describe the situation. Shoot it on the East coast. Fox did it and the only people he claimed was you guys. He was like Smiths, my niggas.
Speaker 5: They must have been down.
Speaker 3: But you know what happened?
Speaker 1: Explained that happened.
Speaker 13: What happened was I don't know if they.
Speaker 5: Caught what we were just talking about in the midst of the rockers, but the's the magazine and everything will happen. Because when we first got like you got Smith and Wesson, we was We was not discredited in Black Moon or Eel, but we Smiff and Wesson.
Speaker 3: We was all street niggas.
Speaker 5: We was on streeting it like I'm coming from the style, like I bring my motorbike up to the This one we was killing Ben for Green niggas was this was this one I was in in fourth Green with wrestling piece Juju when niggas.
Speaker 23: This is.
Speaker 3: I was the youngest. Yeah, I'm just saying I was a younger.
Speaker 5: Wiggs who got the glocks.
Speaker 1: When we came on, it was it was.
Speaker 15: We we.
Speaker 1: For me, for me, coming from the start.
Speaker 3: I can't I live in a Brownstone own my brown Stone. My family has generations in the Brownstone.
Speaker 5: So coming from the sty to the field, going to the projects, you always got to be gripped up. Were coming from. We're coming from I'm coming from a tree line block. If I'm on a motorbike or a pedal bike, I'm coming up the hill and see my brother town coming to see we got killer better in this pot.
Speaker 3: Know he talking about over here we coming and I'm coming. We like, son, what's happening.
Speaker 5: So when I get to the vill it's like a change of weather coming because I'm leaving the stock. I'm trying to get from my hood to experience something different. So when I leave the start and get to the fielding, it's like, oh, son, your man over here and we got going.
Speaker 3: It's about to go crazy.
Speaker 14: We got everything, we got this building that, but it's only we got four buildings.
Speaker 3: And south flow projects.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: We got niggas in all the buildings.
Speaker 14: But when he comes through as a best stockcat, they ain't never seen a bead start cat.
Speaker 13: He got love, he got well love.
Speaker 14: He's coming through in the dirt box with no healing all ship, got the eng ripped off and everything.
Speaker 3: He coming through like like that's your man, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how you know saying we like from up to hill. We like here from here up to hill.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 3: But so what Brown's m O P talking about up the hill, down the hill.
Speaker 5: That's the same man, No, no, because m Op is from the vill So they on about up the hills in the field and downhill in the field. When I say down in here, I'm talking about pros atlantic into the style like Greenoy.
Speaker 1: At school.
Speaker 5: We're talking about right now.
Speaker 28: Give us all that, but give us the park side of the park side, Tupac.
Speaker 5: We brought side a lot of a lot of the park.
Speaker 1: Side with a lot of people, A lot of people.
Speaker 13: Know what happened with a.
Speaker 5: Lot of people.
Speaker 14: With a lot of people they leave out in its Tupac. A magamation is the outlaws. Like Outlaws is from Jersey. A lot of it's from Jersey. You know what I'm saying, Jersey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, well say that all of them is from Jersey.
Speaker 1: And we right down here.
Speaker 14: And if you and if you ever if you're in New York, nigga, you've ever been in New York, if you've ever been in Trenton, you ever scepting them these swamps.
Speaker 1: You already know what it is.
Speaker 14: So when we you know what I mean, like, dudes get money out there, and you know you got you got family members out there, So I think they spawned the whole thing.
Speaker 1: And then you know, when Tech put that that real kite out of dudes.
Speaker 3: You know, it was so real, Like I don't.
Speaker 25: Think motherfuckering understand what we talk about when you say that kite.
Speaker 3: When Pop got that letter.
Speaker 31: It came from, now, I don't think, because I think I think I'm the one that brought that kite up, like like like.
Speaker 3: I'm the one that recognized like flip it, flip it with tray slam. Yeah, niggas drink champions low.
Speaker 31: But listen, like that kite was so real, like and it was like not too many motherfuckers sent kites to Pop and got responses back from Pac and for y'all to be one of the few people who had correspondence with in the pen like that ship.
Speaker 1: What I want to know is when he came out and.
Speaker 31: He was on his like straight like fuck bad boy, fuck this nigga, fuck that nigga ship.
Speaker 13: You ain't give me a chance.
Speaker 3: Come I the you Relax, relaxed. He came out, Relax, Relax, relax, relax.
Speaker 31: When he came out, did he ever say y'all my brothers, y'all example, nah, so y'all.
Speaker 3: So when it when it was fun bad boy, he said.
Speaker 1: Bad boy and did a record with him. But at the same time.
Speaker 5: You just how.
Speaker 1: He came between CNN right now, this is what CNN report that his face.
Speaker 7: At the same time when he said fuck New York, he actually had a record.
Speaker 5: That's because it wasn't just a record that he was trying to do with Smiths, and it was an album that was in progress that was regular. It was a one nation project. It was a one nation project. It wasn't just as it was Buck, it was it was Greg Knight.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait question, kid, New York.
Speaker 5: Wasn't got here. I was never screaming because we was. We was in the crib at the height when it was supposed to be the East Coast West Coast battle. Like niggas would come up from death ruin, drop literally paper bag money on the team and be like Yo, Sun said meet him here, meet him here, and meet him here. We get to the airport and probably be like, yo, we ain't all on the same plane. Ripped the tickets that get the fuck out of here? Did he bop right out the airport? We ain't going. So there was never a time where he felt like he was bigger than us or he was more than us, where he would leave us behind because we would we would pull up into a gas station in La and everybody be shrapping, and they would just be like, Yo, what the fuck, what's happened?
Speaker 1: Why you pull up?
Speaker 5: That nigga could be in a coma sleep, just coming off the set of two movies. As soon as the van stopped, he waking up. Yo, what's happening? We at where we at? He's like, Oh, we're just coming to get gas. And nigga do a quick three sixty bunk bank bank or right, Yo, you know what, let's go. We can't stop here. But nobody understand why this nigga mentality is like that. But if you've been hit up five, six, seven, eight times and you automatically stopping it.
Speaker 1: And niggas just say, we just whatever, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: We getting gas?
Speaker 48: We don't get We never stopped got me. Yeah, all of a sudden we stopped to get gas. We're supposed to get gas before you got the mentality be different.
Speaker 5: But it was never when we was with pot it was never a fuck New York, fuck Big the East Coast.
Speaker 1: It was never, but never during the time there was there was before I hit them Mark, it was actually a record where it was like uh.
Speaker 3: Hit them.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, yeah, that's prior to that, and there was it was a record. Uh uh you it was you guys?
Speaker 1: I think you was on it.
Speaker 3: Nah, couldn't have been. Yeah.
Speaker 5: In fact, Bill Willis because before before that, we we haven't even recorded with pop.
Speaker 1: Right, but we only got this man that record what regus. That's all I got. My mom made up made up.
Speaker 3: We wasn't.
Speaker 1: Was the rumor was it that was your record?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 3: You know the fun crazy was the rumor is I was on uh Hall Mary?
Speaker 1: That was me?
Speaker 3: Supposed to have been doing the chorus on Hell Marry. That would have been.
Speaker 15: That.
Speaker 5: That was the room.
Speaker 3: We was here beat because music.
Speaker 5: Is so broad and the rooms make a lot of the music and a lot of the artists, Like I remember when we first dropped.
Speaker 3: Not to say it was a bunch of funny different people.
Speaker 5: Niggas been getting robbed in the industry, but we ain't know about it because we wasn't in the industry. But when we got on the street, we was robbing it. But when we got in the industry, I was able to go back right when he was able to go back to the hood and tell niggas.
Speaker 13: How saw other niggage was and they was getting robbed.
Speaker 5: It was different. So when niggas was was was doing them type of records, he was like, nah, that's not It wasn't understandable to the people outside, but we understood because we was the people that was making the records and bringing it back.
Speaker 31: Question when the whole, when the whole, when when the whole Asian Jack and all that ship was going on, did y'all ever get caught up in the mix.
Speaker 5: And we never got caught up in none of that. We never got caught up in none of it.
Speaker 3: That was like, that was like real for Brooklyn because that was real Brooklyn niggas. Yeah, yeah, that's why I'm not gonna say the names that was there, but we we those are the niggas that was over us.
Speaker 1: We came up.
Speaker 3: We came up and Gang Life Decepticons, Yeah, we came.
Speaker 5: Up, and I was we came up in niggas getting popped in the stomach or popping niggas at fifty nine shoot train station.
Speaker 1: You see a nigga on the on.
Speaker 5: The steps with a three fifty seven hole in his stomach even all like a nigga can't breathe and when a nigga say, oh, your waves ain't better than mine, I gotta tounch a nigga in his mouth just to prove to.
Speaker 1: Him, Yo, I'm not a pretty nigg or nigga. Like my son was wrong. I wasn't the rapper.
Speaker 15: He was the rapper.
Speaker 13: Anything that he did, I was riding with him.
Speaker 5: That's what's something.
Speaker 3: Nigga. You can't touch him, you can't do nothing to him.
Speaker 14: He was.
Speaker 1: Also like a stunt guy.
Speaker 15: What is that.
Speaker 1: Ship?
Speaker 5: That nobody?
Speaker 3: Because I would like my body matrix was built different.
Speaker 13: My body matrix different like I would for me, I would hop.
Speaker 3: Out of rolling cars and me rolling up.
Speaker 15: He's like.
Speaker 1: Like you.
Speaker 13: Little brother, were in the tunnel going to drunk.
Speaker 3: Oh you think all right we have I don't know.
Speaker 53: I'm just now we I'm not about to come on about being shot, like, yo, you a shot that a movie, not a video.
Speaker 3: String around my nex so shoty Len through.
Speaker 1: The pre j and for you big the big old. For me, I was I was a season that was a dice game. I was look, look what's.
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 31: And Howard Harrow because we all grew up in the tunnel, I would come through.
Speaker 3: In the my wildness, I had so many had some money.
Speaker 55: Let me let me, let me just let me, let me just let me just tell you what because Brooklyn run down for the tunnel was just coming from Brooklyn to go to the tunnel every Sunday night.
Speaker 3: First of all, if you didn't leave with a bitch to fuck Sunday night, something was.
Speaker 5: Wrong with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, all right, So from Brooklyn, this is what.
Speaker 1: We would do.
Speaker 5: Boom, wake up, hit the gym, workout, boom, get a swoll on boom, boom for the gym. We go to the barber shop on line is fresh Chris Boom from the barber shop, We're shooting uptown one forty fifth that I would see where we would see mogm Brozi selling t shirts a nigga even buy it ain't Solo voscos some tames or some iceberg right it ice birth.
Speaker 1: See my nigga. Y know what's up?
Speaker 22: So?
Speaker 1: Oh son, we got the new Snoopy Now.
Speaker 3: I don't want the Snoopy to I don't want the Snoopy today.
Speaker 5: Oh we got this boom all right, match me up, we go, I get the outfit for one forty fifth. By the time we ain't even getting nothing to chop up or do nothing. As soon as we come out of the store for one forty fifth, police pulling the sofa, whoo whoop.
Speaker 1: Pop. As soon as we come.
Speaker 3: Out of one four fifth, police pulling, so wooh, what y'all got. But we ain't even got nothing. We ain't We ain't even connor we can to get clothes, Yes, we can't get closes.
Speaker 5: When the dim bags of haye was like like that, Yeah, so I'm buying ten din bags of hayes.
Speaker 3: It's when I was smoking. I'm buying ten don bags of hate.
Speaker 1: Money and broke.
Speaker 5: Then we go into the other store in the corner of one four fifth, buy another outfit from there, take it back to Brooklyn, start a seelotle game one about fifteen hundred park on the corner of Murder and Clinton. And then now we're going on seven, eight or nine ten o'clock. Get a bottle of handy, some bottles of handy.
Speaker 1: Boom boom boom.
Speaker 3: Niggas is coming out the hood. Now, yeah, what's up?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 5: You know what time this son is go to tunnel. Now we're rolling out four or five cars date to the tunnel. Then we get to the tunnel. As soon as we pull up on the Cobbo block, it's a line around the corner.
Speaker 3: And it's like, you know what, some pull up around this way.
Speaker 1: It used to be a party lot where you had to go up the hill into the on the corner of that ship you talking about.
Speaker 5: I was driving an SC four hundred to put the pearl white up in there, come back down.
Speaker 3: How many of you ways, it's only about fifteen, ten of us, ten.
Speaker 1: To fifteen like success, yeah, ten fifteen of us the big cake.
Speaker 3: Even center dude, you know my nigga, what's son that due.
Speaker 1: To dog training?
Speaker 5: Now the king Corsos, Oh, the big the big dude, al father Alpha nigga be out there, be out.
Speaker 3: There with the door.
Speaker 5: How many of you with? I'm like by by its ten of us, fifteen of us boom now my first best ship of the tunnel that I remember.
Speaker 3: I remember one day we was one night we was in the tunnel.
Speaker 5: Who the fuck was performed? I want to say Onyx, I want to say was performing job?
Speaker 40: But John was walking on the ball that was on the floor on the fle you know how the ball was set up with John was walking on the ball with no shirt on.
Speaker 14: Like.
Speaker 1: Niggas is like, yo, what the fuck? But this is rit This was tunnel And then we were looking at Billy were like damn.
Speaker 3: We run up into the bathroom being being bunk man. Women got assaulted in the tunnel.
Speaker 5: Was different.
Speaker 13: Some of it was different. Some of the niggas was born.
Speaker 5: It was different.
Speaker 3: And it would never be another spot like the tunnel. I don't given what city is in, well, it would.
Speaker 5: Never be another like.
Speaker 3: Baby moms who beating that.
Speaker 5: All used to get it power before the countries.
Speaker 3: Right now, your mom's had you.
Speaker 27: In front.
Speaker 7: Let me tell you something don't us about the tunnel. And I'm gonna say this lib on air.
Speaker 56: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but this was like the prime time or the tunnel and I had just.
Speaker 1: It was a Saucer awards CALLI oh and this is the social wards. Whoever got robbed and when? Sure did that?
Speaker 3: If you ain't used to niggas did.
Speaker 15: And that was.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: When I first came out worse, okay, worser up.
Speaker 3: That's when I first day on the bust around on the floor.
Speaker 57: I was out when on the floor speaking that right, so please, I saw it. I saw exactly everything you got said.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 1: Moving on from there. When we moved on from there, I never seen nothing.
Speaker 11: On.
Speaker 1: All I saw was we were trying to add fun. But that but those days that, that's pretty much it.
Speaker 3: Maging over because you said, I'll tell you he's mad.
Speaker 15: I'm not.
Speaker 22: I'm trying to I was.
Speaker 27: I was heading out, hoddy out.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I don't want to hear.
Speaker 13: I want to say I was like him, Okay, I'm trying to hold
Speaker 53: Hold no no, I'm living like, don't say no, I go hold the ald