Speaker 1: It's nine O gene one engine with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling.
Speaker 2: So, you guys, I feel like we the podcast us were holiday by holiday in line in sync with the show for a while. Now we're totally thrown off. It's spreading here and the show is talking about Thanksgiving, so we're half.
Speaker 3: A year off. Cool. I don't know what happened. Is it us or is it them?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're not close now because it's almost like I'm ignoring that it's Thanksgiving because it looks so sunny and spring like and it's spring in the world that I'm like, eh, I'm just.
Speaker 2: Gonna aside from a few mentions in the last scene, you don't really know it's Thanksgiving anyway, so you could just like.
Speaker 4: That, and even then you're still like, oh, they're having Thanksgiving at the you know, Habitat for Humanity House.
Speaker 3: Yeah I was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't feel Thanksgiving at all.
Speaker 3: No, no, oh, not at all.
Speaker 1: It didn't feel like Thanksgiving. It felt like, I don't even know nothing.
Speaker 4: It didn't feel like summer. You're driving up the coast to Montecito and it's like it seemed like the middle of summer in California.
Speaker 1: It is like that a Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: Yea true, so true.
Speaker 4: Wait, what do you guys think of this episode overall? Because we're back to sort of like three very disjointed storylines almost four no connection whatsoever. Not crazy about it, really, Jenny.
Speaker 1: It was a lot. There was a lot going on, a lot of jumping back and forth, and it felt weird because they were so different, Like David's story was so different than the group, and then Kelly and Mark and the Steve. It was a lot.
Speaker 4: It's very different storylines and very different tones. You have such a serious storyline going while simultaneously you sort of have this like drama was Steven Brandon, but then the habitat for humanity is kind of like a lighter. And then you've got the two of you driving up the coast in this relationship that's suddenly like, I mean, that's pretty serious, the two of you going away for Thanksgiving and then just diarrhea City.
Speaker 1: So it's just like, ew, I don't even want to think about it.
Speaker 2: Really, they were all, I guess more serious. And it's shocking that Jason directed this one because it was the tone of it was not his directing at all.
Speaker 4: I agree with you, Tori. It was not how he normally. I mean, it's very he directed it well, but it's Brian's stuff is really serious.
Speaker 3: It's really good.
Speaker 1: Dare we say this was the moment when his directing kind of took a turn, like he started to really up his game and do drama instead of such like silly fun stuff.
Speaker 4: And big directing. Because you really are driving up the coast and it didn't look cheesy and how sometimes car rides look in TV shows. It looked really good. You've got the house build, he's got big stuff he's doing in this episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I feel like that's the thing about Jason directing, even back then, is he always thought big and wanted to step it up and wanted to include big you know, big shots, screenshots like things to elevate the show through the vision of our cast. And yeah, he always got it. So I guess if anyone was going to get that luxury, it'd be Jason. So they allowed him to push that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jenny, do you have any memory of driving up the coast with the guy that you had no chemistry with?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: None.
Speaker 3: I don't even rememb where he's going. Zero.
Speaker 1: I don't know where.
Speaker 3: I don't even remember that storyline.
Speaker 4: It's almost like they pulled over in Malibu, shot a bunch of stuff and then went back to like yeah, sets with a weird restaurant scene and a creepy they wouldn't call it a motel six what did you guys call it a best motel or something?
Speaker 1: But it was actually the surf rider in Malibu.
Speaker 4: Were no way?
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you see that exterior shot of it?
Speaker 4: No? No, First of all, if you're it's not like Santa Barbara is in Texas, like you can just drive home, like people drive to Santa Barbara for dinner and go.
Speaker 3: Homes had a pack day.
Speaker 4: They had to get back to say you needed the I guess it was called the Best.
Speaker 1: Nest Best Nest. They though, no, he had They had this special romantic weekend planned. I guess hi area matching Satin Jammi's wait, let's just tell.
Speaker 4: The matching Satin jammies were hysterical.
Speaker 1: I tell everybody what we're talking about. How about that we are talking about season seven, episode eleven. If I had a hammer.
Speaker 4: If I had a hammer, you're doing a hammer.
Speaker 1: In the mall, oh boy and had him and the Eve Man, you.
Speaker 2: Guys just hammer out all my joy anyways. Synopsis. Thanksgiving and Beverly Hills turns into a cornucopia of complications. Steve's cheating scandal intensive eyes when he faces expulsion, Brandon's career hangs in the violence when he's charged with collusion. David's cafeteria chaos prompts a psychiatric evaluation, and Mark and Kelly head to Montecito but wind up with Mona Zuma's Revenge instead.
Speaker 1: Directed by Jason Priestley, written by John well.
Speaker 4: Lee, the dumb storyline for me, I'm sorry is the is the stolen paper. It's like they're trying to make something out of it. Like Steve needs to just say I stole this. Brandon had nothing to do with it. I stole it, and like that teacher coming back and being like now he's like, ah, this is how I'm gonna get Brandon Walsh like it's just stupid. Yeah, it's just like.
Speaker 1: Come on, I know, I don't understand how it's such a big deal and why Jason's involved. He had I mean, Brandon, he had nothing to do with it.
Speaker 4: Because I guess we're supposed to believe that even though he had nothing to do with it. That professor who what's that guy's name, Professor Randall? Randall is like, payback's a bitch, Brandon Walsh, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean? It's just like soda going to come back.
Speaker 4: I don't think so she's long gone.
Speaker 1: What can we talk about first? What do you want to do?
Speaker 4: You want to should we keep? So we should just finish with the dumb paper storyline, which goes on and on and it's like make it in And the only thing that I'm happy about is that Brandon is mad at Steve and he should be.
Speaker 1: Why did they bring what is his name, mister Randall back in?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Professor Randall just a queink eating But then he's going to go for it because Brandon was the brightest student he ever had, and he's buried in term papers and it's like he happened to read it and he's like this sounds oddly familiar and then pulled it back up from years ago.
Speaker 4: But Steve can just say I stole it. He had nothing to do with it, because he says that, and then they're like, oh, he's still going to be in trouble. What why? Like that's like it's a crazy storyline. That's just trying so hard. Now, would this really happen in real life?
Speaker 3: In college?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, somebody could steal a paper. But if you blatantly steal a paper, it's not like I gave you my paper. You stole it like you stole a car. You're not going to be in trouble for someone stealing your car.
Speaker 3: Would he be expelled? Steve correct uh later?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know if you'd get expelled. Okay, because here's what happens in college. People don't steal other people's papers. They plagiarize a book. You know what I mean. You're writing a paper and you just take too much from a passage in a book, like a Remember cliff notes?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Remember encyclopedias?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Do you guys remember Encyclopedia?
Speaker 3: Yeah, had a whole set.
Speaker 1: Now it's AI.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, people use AI.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh huh so crazy.
Speaker 4: Notice whenever I Google something, it comes up AI. Now the top thing is now AI. So if you googled, like what did Kelly eat to give her diarrhea? And then it'll come up like AI.
Speaker 3: SA answer for you? Of course you do?
Speaker 4: Were you vomiting? I feel like you guys vomited, not diarrhea. But I just am using this as an opportunity.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Kelly and Mark. We can get away.
Speaker 4: It's just like you don't want to be there. That's all I can say, is like, you don't want to be in that car, you don't want to be on that trip, you don't want to be in that restaurant.
Speaker 1: But honestly, he was fun and he had like some you know, good energy in this yeah episode, I felt like he was like he's in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like he's just a guy that's going to get friend zoned, right, Like you're like, I want to like him, but I don't like him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she already has too many friends, so.
Speaker 1: Well Kelly's friend book at all full. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, She's like, I just don't. This isn't I'm not feeling this even though I want to, and this is a good dude took me to a fancy restaurant and gave me Caviare no, something gave you diarrhea? What was it cavier?
Speaker 1: Or maybe the lobster?
Speaker 4: Oh so rich? I would have diarrhea too. It's like nobody can eat.
Speaker 3: That just made me hungry.
Speaker 1: I was so grateful that they that she got food poisoning because then she didn't have to, you know, do it with him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I thought about the food poisoning in that gross motel room. I was like, nothing is worse than being sick. I once, I will tell you as a story that no one will care about. I once got so sick on a trip to Vegas at the Tropic Camera. Ooh, and nothing is.
Speaker 2: Worse like coming out both ends, just the poops.
Speaker 4: But it was so bad that I felt the need to clean the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 4: I was like, I had to go to CVS and get four to nine and clean the I was like, this is.
Speaker 3: Like explosive, like on the walls and stuff.
Speaker 1: No, she had to do that. Wait, she cleaned it before she had the No.
Speaker 4: I cleaned it after too, because I was like I have to stay. No, because you guys, I had to continue staying in this hotel room for like four more days, and I was like, I can't. I can't on the walls.
Speaker 1: I'm so curious.
Speaker 4: Didn't go on the walls.
Speaker 3: There was something on the walls.
Speaker 4: I know toy is saying that, I'm just saying I wanted to clean the toilet and just the sinks and everything. I was like, so gross. I'll never forget it. I was so sick. And then I but you know, once you have diary, you feel a lot better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're going to have to have it, it's better at like a she hotel.
Speaker 4: I highly recommend trying to count how many times to say diary in this episode.
Speaker 2: It's like a it's better than hammer if I but.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, stop my kids.
Speaker 4: That motel room was gross.
Speaker 3: I was not.
Speaker 4: I was like, just go back to Bevero.
Speaker 1: You guys, come on.
Speaker 4: Where'd you get the matching gyms?
Speaker 1: You both need to face a little adversity. Clearly that was a very nice hotel.
Speaker 4: The no, that motel room was not nice, but it.
Speaker 1: Was not like gross.
Speaker 4: It's a surf rider, I know, but it was supposed to be sort of the best nest. They were trying to say motel six like it was not nice.
Speaker 2: The surf rider is legit now, it wasn't that back then, any guys.
Speaker 1: When I was a kid, we never went anywhere. We didn't travel, we didn't go on airplanes, we didn't have hope, we never went to a hotel. And I remember the first hotel that we went to. It was a holiday inn, and that for us was the lap of Lug.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, no, I remember that. Back in the day, the holiday inn was like totally fine at a pool, maybe even like a breakfast buffet.
Speaker 3: Oh now it's like a four star hotel holiday and.
Speaker 4: Holid is not.
Speaker 1: I think it's gone down hill too.
Speaker 3: It's not cheap, you guys.
Speaker 4: No, nothing's nothing is cheap.
Speaker 3: It's like two hundred dollars a night. You guys.
Speaker 4: Remember when that Holiday Inn in Brentwood, that Circle building, Yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: I love I stayed there when I first came to La.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's kind of iconic.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, but no, uh. Motel six used to be like nineteen dollars a night, seriously.
Speaker 4: With cable TV. Remember when that was always on the signs we have HBO.
Speaker 1: And then they would always say we'll leave the light on for you.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we'll leave the light on for you. I think they still say that. So all of them are fine, Like I think that today, Like it's like Radison High Att Hilton, you kind of like go that out, you know you're gonna be all right.
Speaker 3: Mm.
Speaker 4: I stayed in some diicy places in my day, not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: Where do we say that? One time in Pennsylvania, what was it? Hilton, No, Marion by the Freeway.
Speaker 3: The one we thought was haunted. No. No.
Speaker 1: We had brown everything and we went to eat There's and all the food was fried, every single thing.
Speaker 3: It was like our worst nightmare.
Speaker 4: I've stayed in a motel with a heart shoved heart shaped hot tub in the room.
Speaker 3: Oh that's creepy. Did you get in it?
Speaker 1: Was it the Madonna?
Speaker 4: That's what the madonna in is iconic?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: I stayed at the Fantasy and Lodge in Lake Tahoe and we would pile like eight people in. It wasn't not romantic. It was like a bunch of no into the room.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, but did you get in a heart shaped hot tub?
Speaker 3: You know what? Like floats in that?
Speaker 4: I think we put our feet in. I don't know that anyone was like, let's get in that. Yeah, but like, yeah, that's what you would do on ski trips in college. You just shove like as many people as you could into the cheapest hotel you could find, and everyone's living their best lives. There's a couple of times where I was like, oh, this is I'm not even sure this has hot water.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just happy that they didn't have to do it, That's all I know.
Speaker 2: So they keep making a point of them almost but like not making a point of it.
Speaker 3: So what does this mean? Like where's this leading to.
Speaker 2: Show?
Speaker 4: Obviously? But goodbye, goodbye the dumb paper story We're stuck with for a minute.
Speaker 3: What it's so, Oh, it's not over.
Speaker 4: We have to deal with this brea stupid stolen paper with Steve being an idiot.
Speaker 1: You know, it's a lot better if you put it on like like to point five. You know, you like increase the speed goes a lot quicker.
Speaker 4: No, I cannot do that. That gives me like ajua, I cannot watch things in fast.
Speaker 1: You can do that, Yes, you can speed her up.
Speaker 4: Did you know people listen to podcasts like that and it just makes me one One time I accidentally hit that button and I thought something is wrong with my brain, like everything's in pa. Oh my god, the panic attack.
Speaker 1: Was serious and I'm strapped for time. I will fully put it on one like one and a half so that I can get my edits done quicker.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh. No, Hi, you guys need to enjoy more. I even this episode I sat. I think I watched it like five days ago because I was like, I'm gonna sit back with my yummy dinner and watch this like having a real night of it. It's not homework assignment for me, you guys. It's like, oh good, okay. I think I had a baked potato with some butter on it, and I just lived my life.
Speaker 3: You know. I love a good baked potato. Oh yeah, okay. Two more episodes for Mark two more. It's coming to an end.
Speaker 4: So what do we think of the Habitat for Humanity?
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't understand. Are they building this house for Willie?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like it. There was. They gave enough background as to why, and it was nice for everyone to chip in and work. And they did not finish the home. The home is not even remotely done.
Speaker 3: I remember filming that.
Speaker 1: Were you there?
Speaker 3: I was there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you come back, you're there? And then Brian Slash David comes.
Speaker 3: And he's like, okay, m h.
Speaker 4: He bounced back quick. Yeah, a little too quick, but very well done. That storyline. Psychiatrist, famous actor, tough, tough psychiatrist.
Speaker 1: I like him.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, so psychiatrist Tony Todd, who was you know, guys know I love horror films.
Speaker 3: He was the O G. Candy Man. Yeah. I was like, yeah, candy Man him in that voice and it comes in the bees. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: It was my favorite horror film growing up because I'm wondering like, why him, why did they pick him? And then watching it back having that adult view now of like so much of my life was put into that when I was young, I'm like, wait, did my dad say, like we want to put him on the show? Like I had no idea. But he's also been in all the Final Destinations and oh.
Speaker 4: He passed away, but he will be in the new Final Destination tour.
Speaker 2: Okay, because he's such an intricate like og part of it.
Speaker 4: That voice, I mean, he's a amazing actor. Like that was a I know he was very young, but like he played that part well and the dream sequence was scary, like it was done well, it's just too much of a bow on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was fangirling working with him.
Speaker 2: I remember filming with him and I was so nervous that I couldn't remember, like I felt like my lines.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh my god, remember your lines. You're working with Candy Man, and I was like, oh.
Speaker 4: God, Caroline Lager felt she was very good too. But I had a very strange thing happen. Not gonna lie guys. Suddenly her Instagram's popping up in my feed and it's like somehow, yeah, and I didn't watch it on my phone. I watched it on the TV. And then now I'm getting her and I'm like, that's.
Speaker 1: Interesting, creepy, that's what that is. Creepy or yeah, one of those Serendipit is like.
Speaker 4: Might be just luck. But like at the same time, I was like, that feels this a little bit weird. And I think it's because I was talking to Lorraine on the phone about trying to track her down, so it's like the phone heard me say it, and then now she's in my Instagram feed.
Speaker 3: This is creepy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, weird, Okay, so what let's talk about It talked about the diarrhea and the so David should we go Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: Because what's her name? Val did not have her own sort of storyline.
Speaker 4: She sort of had nothing doing yeah or Claire really or yea. I barely remember them even being in this episode.
Speaker 1: They did have a good scene while they were supposed to be building the house, which was a nice little backstory for both of them, where she talks about her dad used to build things in her town. Oh yeah, and then it's so blurry what happened? She goes he blew his brains out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you could blink and miss that. And then it was so like whoa jarring? Mm hmm, I forgot about that moment.
Speaker 1: Let's get into the David.
Speaker 4: Very well done. Mel is really stepping up as a good dad here. I feel like mel and Donna are really really trying to help.
Speaker 1: But why does he leave? He's not at the hotel sleeping on the couch like Donna.
Speaker 4: Wait, that was the hospital?
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, sorry, the hospital. It starts with an age close enough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, where does it start? Where do we pick up?
Speaker 3: We pick up at SeeU and.
Speaker 4: Oh, yes, he's very many because he hasn't slept and he has that outburst. Thank you, Tori.
Speaker 3: Yes, and Jennifer do you see Jennifer was in it?
Speaker 1: Yes, our stand in.
Speaker 3: She like grew up.
Speaker 2: With us like on like all ten seasons. And then yeah, she had a line in her first line.
Speaker 4: That was an intense scene. He really erupts and kind of goes crazy, right, and doesn't he throw the coffee and something breaks and he cuts his hand.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 4: That's how we end up at the hospital.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: We would in that scene. So good.
Speaker 4: And also, you know how I sometimes think on this show's like round peg, square hole. That isn't right. They do a nice job of like he they have this scene at a place we know he has the outburst, he cuts his hand. Ah, that's how we're at the hospital. And then we get the you know, it flows as opposed to these sort of like oh, we somehow ended up in this car driving to Santa Barbara and then we're in a weird hotel. It's like it's so like that doesn't seem like that would happen, right, Yeah, that's why this storyline's like really good because it feels it has a nice flow, it feels real, it's dramatic, it's acted well, it's written well. Everybody that would be there is there.
Speaker 1: It sort of feels like when Kelly was with Jimmy in the hospice.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, removed.
Speaker 1: From the rest of the show, but it was really good and interesting.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, that's a great comparison. It's a heavy storyline, but it's done well. It's almost like this is crazy to ask, is there like the best writer is writing the A and then like the other people are like, Oh, I guess we got to do something with these people. Let's steal a paper and let's bring it back, professor. It's like, yes, they're like in some room just throwing spaghetti against the wall where this other thing is like very brilliant.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I think that's probably what happens right to where they put like their their head writer or somebody that really knows how to write that kind of stuff on that, and then the rest is just like, eh.
Speaker 4: We need to fill eighteen more minutes.
Speaker 2: So for this one, like John Welpley was the writer, so he oversaw the whole episode, probably wrote the A storyline, but then if other staff writers would go and write the B or C storyline, he would.
Speaker 3: Then he was in charge of editing it because it was his name on it.
Speaker 1: I'll right right, I'll tell you what I enjoyed. I enjoyed David's dream when he was all wet.
Speaker 4: It was scary.
Speaker 1: I thought it was really scary, but he yeah, I liked him.
Speaker 4: And doesn't he bump into another day too?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he because they talk about Donna says when we found his mom, she was s filthy alleyway, so they go back to that in his dream, but then he turned into his mom.
Speaker 4: It's very large, like that storyline plays out, like, of course Donna is going to stay at the hospital because that's what Donna would do. Mel is there and kind of being the father figure he you know, he does have to find a way to remove himself and go back to the dental office sort of. The mom comes in her way, she behaves is very how we would want it. You know, it just plays out. It's dramatic. The doctor is really a good doctor, giving some tough love, pushing the you know, it's all like, yes, it has its, you know, little bumps, but like it just feels better to me than this like far fetched bs.
Speaker 1: With the paper, like what when Fla came though, when his mom came, she looks great, like she looks like on beds and she's taken care of herself, which is very nice. But she also said that she was she felt guilty because she had passed on her mental illness.
Speaker 4: Which is what a mom would feel. Yeah. The only thing that was like a little weird is I think they sort of play up like David only has a small, small mental illness. It's very small, do you know what I mean? Like I feel like I kind of heard that, like she is extreme and he's small. Like I just that's what my takeaway was.
Speaker 1: And I was like, hmm, yeah, he said mild mild. Yeah, what's it go? Manic depressed?
Speaker 3: What do you say?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't remember, but I remember mild And I was like, oh, okay, But like I feel like they had to throw that in there, so we aren't like because David's gonna be fine in two weeks, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: But like in the nineties, is that how they categorized it? Like now, no idea, they're more open about it.
Speaker 4: Oh, I guess they called him a minor league manic depressive. I never heard that diagnosis before.
Speaker 1: But it's so groundbreaking to be talking about mental illness in totally ninety whatever it is.
Speaker 4: And that they didn't sugarcoat it. They didn't sugarcoat it. They went hard.
Speaker 1: Like with the main character.
Speaker 4: That's yeah, it was they went hard. That's why this show is awesome and still amazing today because I think they're doing it as well as Chicago Med does it.
Speaker 1: Frankly and just great because it's from a teenage perspective totally.
Speaker 4: And also like he's open, you know, like it's not this thing he's hiding, like the gang knows, right. There's so many things that are so good. There's so many things that are so like, are you kidding me, Brian?
Speaker 2: If like, if that's something you know we all had. Our storylines are like serious storylines that people would come up to us and be like I had that or I have this, and I was intimidated to talk about it. But you guys did I wonder if dealing with mental illness, if that's something they talk to him about about his character, I'd be curious.
Speaker 4: That's such an interesting thing, do they What did I come up to you guys and say what stands out the most? For some reason? I think the eating disorder? But I don't know. Jenny and Tory, you guys say what people say the most.
Speaker 3: How about you tour for me?
Speaker 2: I mean it's obviously her virginity, like you need it, okay to normalize it that a girl or boy? Yeah, so curmular, you could still be accepted of course and hold on to your.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, hold on to that.
Speaker 4: How did I not think of that?
Speaker 2: And another one they talk a lot about is Donna's dyslexia, which is only in one episode, but I to mention that, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's hard for me because that Kelly went did so many.
Speaker 4: Things right, and they kind of go, they go a little nuts with you. She's attacked, she's burned, she's eating disorder, she's a drug addict.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I have people from each of those storylines kind of checking in and saying that I was dealing with that too. But I love Lately, I've just been getting a lot of messages from women about the idea of choosing themselves and that makes me feel really good. I know one of our one of our super fans to our Aaron, she was watching it and that prompted her to back out of a marriage that she wow went to and she chose herself. That that was a big deal for her.
Speaker 4: So cool. It's like, yeah, there were there were things that taught us stuff. I remember that too, Like you're like, oh, I know that because it was don know which is like it makes me laugh, but it's true.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, because nobody was talking about that, especially from a team perspective. There was no programming whatsoever for teens dealing with real life issues.
Speaker 4: Bold stuff, Torri. How involved was your dad at this point?
Speaker 3: Very involved? Still?
Speaker 4: Like, because I feel like I will always say, and I know I'm going backwards, but like, I'm certain that the aid storyline was solely because he wanted that in there. Was Darren still involved at this point or was Darren Moore? Like he wasn't around as much?
Speaker 1: I think it was me onto Sex and the City at that point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, wait what year is it? Yes, you're writing, Oh my god, You're totally right. So he had done Melrose and was doing Sex in the City I think in ninety seven or something.
Speaker 1: Ye, right, great time with all those I mean, what a fun show to go onto. They didn't really deal with major issues like this, not like this, no relationships. Yeah, I love whoa God he's rich and now Emma He's like, yeah, yeah, yeah, totally.
Speaker 4: Oh did we talk about everything?
Speaker 1: Kind of, we talked about all the storylines. I think, yeah, what's happening though with Brandon and Tracy.
Speaker 4: She just keeps being gone, she comes back and she's just gone for the holidays all the time. Yeah, they still continue something I can't remember. There's a storyline. Oh, by the way, shout out to the person that keeps reminding us we need to zoom in on the whiteboard on her door, because I guess, like, so basically a lot of people in dorms or sorties have that white and you could leave a message like hey Lisa, like meet me in the TV room or whatever. And I guess there's like funny messages on there that were that we're not paying attention to. We might actually go back. Yeah, people are like there's always a thing on there. Yeah, so I know. And I have noticed her whiteboard, I just never like paid I did notice it, and I noticed the message has changed, but I didn't pay attention to what's on it.
Speaker 2: Oh that's exciting. We are Donn and David getting back together.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: We should go back for a second too and tell tour like your acting was so good too?
Speaker 4: Was it all hit very good? In the last two episodes with this whole thing, I couldn't get.
Speaker 2: Past my hair this episode, So thank you for saying that. You know, I feel not good with my hair back? Why was my hair back in a ponytail the entire episode? Almost the entire episode.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe you just didn't have the time to fuss with your hair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're racing to the hospital.
Speaker 3: Were we doing double ups at this point? I'm sure if we were.
Speaker 1: Wait, I can see what's on her dorm room whiteboard? Oh, dropping list, and then it says D cells for pocket rocket.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's a you know what it is?
Speaker 2: A stapler, A vibrator to this day, strongest vibrator ever.
Speaker 3: I don't think they've made a stronger one. That was a good one.
Speaker 1: Why they have a pocket rocket? You sell like a fat D battery, big battery.
Speaker 2: That's a big pocket rocket.
Speaker 1: Well that is weird. Who would write that on there? Probably Brandon.
Speaker 4: To keep your eye on that white board, Jason.
Speaker 3: Note it funny.
Speaker 4: The satin pajamas still get me on this one. I'm like, why where do they get these matching pajamas?
Speaker 1: It's okay she has satin pajamas on.
Speaker 4: But it's just not okay that he does.
Speaker 2: Well, you're taking him down this road. First you get him what three hundred thread count sheets? And now you guys have matching satin pajamas.
Speaker 4: It's just so you know what I can say. Here's what I can say for everybody listening if they want words of wisdom. Diarrhea is either gonna make or break you. It's either gonna really make you, make a relationship just solid, or it's it's gonna break you. Any Schumer has some funny bit she did long time, getting sick with some date and like just being like, I know it's over. I know we're over.
Speaker 3: You know what that is? Funny? You said that. I'd never thought of it.
Speaker 2: But one of the reasons I married my first husband is because I got food poisoning one night and didn't and everything was so bad and he took hear of me that I always reflected on that moment. I was like, I agree, Oh my god. He nurtured me, like, he didn't run, he wasn't shaming like, and he took care of me. And he's going to be a great husband.
Speaker 4: You know your relationship is solid?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Wow, when you can talk about diarrhea everything.
Speaker 1: We want to ask this question, what if you had stayed with him?
Speaker 2: Oh, Jenny, I think about it, Jen, I just thought about it last week. Jen give an answer, what do you think? I don't know, because I don't believe in regrets. I believe everything happens for a reason. I definitely wouldn't have my five beautiful babies because Dean and I created them together, So I would have a different version of this lifetime with different babies, and that feels wrong. But I think if I had stayed with him, I don't know what do you think would have happened. He's married, he has two kids, beautiful kids, and he moved back to Peabody, Massachusetts just recently, I think in the last five years. But he was out here with his wife and kids, and we had reconnected.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. What do you think would have happened?
Speaker 1: Oh, well, it would have been so different. I can't even you know.
Speaker 2: I wanted kids so bad, and obviously I love kids. I had gotten to the point where I didn't want kids anymore. And that's how I really knew that it wasn't working.
Speaker 1: You didn't want kids with him?
Speaker 3: With him? Correct?
Speaker 1: Wonder why?
Speaker 3: Because it was like friend zone.
Speaker 1: He was so he was too nice to you, right, he was.
Speaker 2: So nice, But I also couldn't be me and that was really dimming my light.
Speaker 3: I couldn't.
Speaker 2: I had to be like the Donna Martin version, very PG version of Tory, and so I couldn't show all sides and that was starting to really wear on my soul.
Speaker 1: M Yeah, I can't imagine you being PG.
Speaker 3: I know, and I had to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he didn't like a wife, you know, girl that was going to be his wife talking like that. And I understand everyone has a version that works for them.
Speaker 1: Interesting to think about, though, I know that's so funny because I was just thinking about my first wedding to Dan.
Speaker 3: I know, what if you had stayed with Dan?
Speaker 1: What if I had stayed with Dan, Well, neither of us would be right here where we are today. So I'm grateful that I didn't stay with Dan and you didn't stay with Darth.
Speaker 3: Same.
Speaker 1: That's it, Okay, So what do you give it? Guys? Amy, what's your score.
Speaker 4: On this last part of the podcast? Is a ten out of ten? I tell you, guys, h the episode's like a seven. Eh. Brian is a ten. Yes, he's a ten, and toy you're right with that, but the rest is a seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's hard to give it a seven because Brian, I mean, he is an amazing actor.
Speaker 3: Yeah he is.
Speaker 4: Brian is an amazing actor. He's really good. He doesn't quite get the credit he deserves because he's good in all those other shows. I loved him in that Terminator thing or whatever it was, too. He doesn't get credit for being a really good actor.
Speaker 3: I think, unfortunately because he started on nine O two one. Oh. It's just like yeah, which isn't.
Speaker 4: Fair because it was a music career and people just put him in this box over there, like, oh, that guy when he's an amazing actor.
Speaker 3: He can be anything he wants to be, but he'll always be David Silver.
Speaker 4: Nine two one. I is a blessing and a curse for all of y'all because it was so big. You're always that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, until it's so crazy to think, until our last breath on this earth and beyond, until the end of time. We are all associated with one another. When someone talks about Brian in the press, they'll reference us. When someone talks about Tour in the press, they'll reference us. You know, it's all like we're all so connected in that way.
Speaker 4: Because even if you say, like Jennifer Aniston, right, who's like winning awards for the morning show you're still like friends. And then you're like, oh, and I like the morning show. It's always this, it's the second yeah thing, even Noah Wiley. If you guys watch the Pit, the Pit is amazing, but you're still like, oh, it's doctor Carter and now he's like a different doctor. Like you still are just like it's the one that brung you. You can't escape it, the one there was.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 4: I stole that from Trisha yearwhen and I use it all the time because she said I'll never forget it, and I use it in my work all the time. Sing the one that brung you, And it's like you gotta sing the hits so you can't not love nine O two one.
Speaker 1: Oh, I heard you say that before I say.
Speaker 4: It all the time. I said, I'll sing the one that brung you because it's what people want from me.
Speaker 2: I want what they connect it with you initially over Yeah, Well.
Speaker 4: I don't watch you in other things or love you in other ways, but you still always got to sing the one that brung you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, embrace that, you know, because that that is why we are all here together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Trisha Year, what should really I quote her a lot on that thing. I don't know if people somebody's got to tell we use that quote from her regularly.
Speaker 1: Wait, what's the next episode, y'all?
Speaker 4: It's all about the stupid day.
Speaker 3: It's all about that. I don't want to I'm want to be so mad.
Speaker 1: Season seven, episode twelve is judgment du Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: I'm going to use that technique Jen. I can't watch those scenes about believing.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna watch it for real, but I'm going to be irritated. Whoa who, I love you guys, by the way. That's like, I love how much you share with everyone here. It's like some so nice, like it's actually really cool.
Speaker 1: We like, yeah, it's nice to right. I wanted to tell you had those of Steve med and Chunky Laform and they were like bricks basically. I literally just wore them two days ago.
Speaker 2: No, like, they're almost like sandily but the brick like the brick.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love them because they make my legs look longer.
Speaker 3: I forgot about those, Gosh.
Speaker 1: I still have them. Either I still have them or I they came back and I got them.
Speaker 3: Because all that came back.
Speaker 1: Well, that's it, you guys.
Speaker 4: D In next week,