Speaker 1: Hey everyone, So before we get into this episode, we're going to be talking about the infamous vapor orbscene, but just want to give you a trigger warning and heads up that we will be talking about it and using the verbiage that is used in the show and within the context of the show. So we just want to acknowledge that we are not minimizing the real meaning of the words that are used in this episode and the following episode. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: And That's What You Really Missed with Jenna.
Speaker 1: And Kevin and iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to and That's What You Really miss podcast. Today is a Diva Season one, Jenna Day season. We're episode thirteen. This is Diva. We've been seeing a lot of Tina lately and I just this is the I think this is the climax of Tina's Tina's life. Ugly, this is it. This is where she peaks.
Speaker 1: There's been a lot of Tina. You know, I can never have enough Tina. I'm all about it. And just like in this episode, just when I think, oh oh man, no more Tina, there's more.
Speaker 2: There's always there.
Speaker 1: Is a pink leotard. She steps cuckoo crazy and I love it. Most of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure. Okay, great, give that. Uh, this was a fun episode. I have a lot of memories, and there's also a lot of other memories other than just Tina, so we have to get into it. This air done February seventh, twenty thirteen, and the number one song was Thriftshop by Matthlamore and Ryan Lewis. Again.
Speaker 1: Number one movie was Warm Bodies. I remember this movie, but I didn't see it. Same okay, And shockingly, there's no Glean news this week because you know what, thank god. Yeah, I think we were just working and I think you probably happened.
Speaker 2: And there were a lot of there's probably like an old I mean no, there wasn't. Probably there was an oversaturation of Glee people everywhere all the time in the news, and you know what, for once, there isn't. So you know what, I'm glad the people got a break and we got a break.
Speaker 1: Then It's true. I think we had that tour, we had that movie come out that nobody really saw, and I reached that point of like we've had enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's kids go away, let us go. This was directed by the one and only Paris Barklay. And I couldn't be more thrilled. But I had an episode that was Paris directly right. Oh what a drink.
Speaker 1: So there was a lot of music and a lot of really good music. Yes, Diva by the one in on Levia and Say.
Speaker 2: That was a fun one. Don't Stop Me Now by.
Speaker 1: Queen Nutbush, City Limits by Katina Turner.
Speaker 2: Make No Mistake by Barbara Streisand and King Karnes.
Speaker 1: Bring Him Home by the Cast of Limits.
Speaker 2: Hung Up by Madonna.
Speaker 1: And Girl on Fire by Alicia Keys, which is really funny because Nya and I had inside jokes about this song, and then she got this song, which was hilarious. Obviously she sang it incredibly well. Oh and it's like a very serious scene, but like funny, very funny. She'd send me voice notes of singing this song. We would like sing it off key to each other all the time.
Speaker 2: I will never forget it. It's ingrained in my brain.
Speaker 1: Seeing some of the crew, like what I worked with Jane a couple of years ago. She came up to me, She's like, remember Girl on Fire.
Speaker 2: Stop That's that's really funny. There's some fun facts about this episode. So the one on Oi Paris Parclay was nominated at the sixty fifth Primetime Emmy Awards for a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series for this episode.
Speaker 1: Paris is a legend in the TV business. Like I don't know if anybody like I mean, we've talked about it, We talked to him, but like I cannot overstate how much of a legend he is. So he directs he gets nominated. Yeah, this is the eighth time an episode has a song of the same name in it. So the first seven We're Home, dreamond Silly Love Songs, Blaming on the Alcohol, Born This Way, I Kissed a Girl, and Extraordinary Merry Christmas all featured songs with the same name as the title as.
Speaker 2: Well, and an eighth song, Dancing on My Own by Robin one of my favorite songs of all time, was going to be sung by Brittany but was caught and I'll never forget.
Speaker 1: It, never forget it. There was mass disappointment when we found out that this got cut. Yeah, and I think because we were all so upset, like what is a better song for like the Britanna storyline. Then Dancing on My Own by Robin. They did put out the audio on YouTube. I think, so you can't go listen to it, but I want to see that performance so badly.
Speaker 2: I would have killed to see that performance. I was so thrilled when that was in the page, and then when we got the vision, I was like, what happened?
Speaker 1: No, it makes no sense, because nothing made more sense ever in the history of Glee than Heather doing dance.
Speaker 2: They're doing that. Yeah. Yeah. This is the second time that a diva off occurred in the thirteenth episode of a season, the first being come Back, where they featured a diva off between Rachel and Mercedes in season two. I love a diva off. They always work well.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is the first and only episode where Santana Singk's two solos and the same episode.
Speaker 2: Wow, huh interesting. Darren said that Don't Stop Me Now is probably the hardest number he'd ever did, ugly because he had one hundred and three degree fever while filming.
Speaker 1: Oh so he was actually sick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, for sure, And he loved this song so much. And I know he campaigned to do this song for a while. So then you finally get to do it and you're ill, like ill it sucks or guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also it's such a hard song to sing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he's he's running everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's happened to Michael Jackson songs with me.
Speaker 2: M m hm.
Speaker 1: And it's so disappointing because like, you're on the show, you're getting to showcase what you love and then you're sick and out of all the days.
Speaker 2: To be sick exactly, that's so annoying.
Speaker 1: But he still crushed it.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Rachel discusses auditioning for the long awaited revival of Funny Girl, and of course, Leah ended up playing Fanny Brice on Broadway in the revival of Funny Girl. I R L I R Art Imitating Life or Life Imitating Art. Fox publicity summary for this was Finn challenges the Glee club members to find their inner powerhouses for Diva Week. Emma prepairs for her upcoming wedding. Again, Finn likes you getting recommendations for what he should do with the club thanks to another teacher.
Speaker 2: But that's fine, he's not a real's a theme. There's a theme. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: There's a lot that happens in this episode, a lot. Jenna, I want you to walk us through when you get this script, Oh my god, because like, yeah, you and I spent two full years living together. They delivered the script st our homes. We'd sit down and read them together if we were together, so we're usually always together. Yeah, this point, we weren't. I don't think were we. I don't know. It doesn't matter what were your initial thoughts.
Speaker 2: We're on our way to not It was close. It was close, well, okay, I said. I was thrilled that it was Paris because it's always so nice to have a director that you know and you love and you trust when you're going into an episode that is so large for your character, especially when you don't get a ton of like huge storylines like this, like for props I had Ian. We had Paris for Wheels, which was the first time we had worked with Harris, but I mean he came in and it was like you'd known him forever, right. And then luckily, like all of the episodes that I've had really big storylines, I've always had like a really great experience with the directors. I mean generally across the board, we had pretty good experiences with all our directors, but like it was always to have somebody you really really trust. So having Paris there was like, I'm in good hands. He's gonna make me like the best I possibly can, and I trust him. I was thrilled. I was overwhelmed that I had to do Hung Up like Madonna song. It's not like it's not who I would have picked or thought they would have the song they would have given me. That's like, to me, like a Heather song. It's a lot of performance, a lot of dancing. So it just wasn't what I thought I was going to get. But I was very excited about it. And then to be also in Diva and then to have the storyline with Blaine, which at the time, I don't think I realized what that was. I just like I knew it was a big scene, right, and I was like, Okay, let me prepare for this. I don't know how it's going to be stage. I had no idea. It didn't say in the script like she's gonna get on top of him, like, it didn't say any of that.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: So I had no idea going in what this was going to be. All I saw was like, okay, like Tina gets to be vulnerable and honest and it's like a more dramatic scene. So I was, you know, I was like immediately like highlighting and getting ready and memorizing ahead of time because I just wanted to be prepared and ready.
Speaker 1: So the episodes, obviously, like we said, starts with Finn giving us the assignment of Diva week. Tina takes it upon herself to help Blaine because he's sick, and so she prepares, which is also very Jenna.
Speaker 2: It is it is I would make a care package for somebody who is sick.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you had taken care of me many times when I.
Speaker 2: Was sick, for sure. For sure. Yeah, go to Whole Foods, do the whole package.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know, but it continues the good chemistry that you and Darren have on screen. What was that like, like getting like hallways one on one scenes? I always feel like are always so fun to.
Speaker 2: Do, so much fun I'm working with There was always such like so easy. It was very easy for us. And yeah, there wasn't like it wasn't like a huge challenge, you know what I mean, like the acting in it, and it was really fun and we got to be our characters like at their most extreme. So I love Hollway scenes. It's always nice because they're actually shorter and you get a little bit more time and you get to like really just be one on one with people and the director versus like being in the huge choir room where you're sitting in those seats for eighteen hours waiting to be like, say, you're one line and then like we move on, right. Yeah, So Tina makes a Tina makes a care package for Blaine, and then she decides that she's gonna really dig into and find her in Nadiva, and Blaine's gonna help her do that.
Speaker 1: Speaking of which, you both were in the Diva number, which I get jealous every now and then of not you remember, oh Diva.
Speaker 2: Yes, I will never get over it. That was a fun one. That was a fun one.
Speaker 1: I remember seeing like, I don't know if you were texting me or like seeing pictures from it or hearing about it, and I was just like, mm hmmm, for you.
Speaker 2: Guys, Wild Days well number one, Alex Nowle on that song, Yes, thank you.
Speaker 1: But I asked her more alex Nole. I received more Alex Nole exactly.
Speaker 2: You manifested that one. I remember seeing the runway for the first time being like oh okay, okay, and then the dresses were ridiculous and the hair got to we all got to play, and then being able to do the catwalk it was very much like freeform rock out. There wasn't there was the whole like chorus of choreography that we had to get, but the catwalk was so much fun. They had the crane and we got to kind of just do what we wanted. They played the music and we just we.
Speaker 1: Went for it, liberating. How long do you think you did that? Like did that take?
Speaker 2: Oh a full half day, probably from morning until lunch, maybe a little bit after. It was a big one because there's so many people. And then Brooke I remember, and Brittany were working on that one and they were the ones there with us on set and they did the catwalk too, So everybody did the cat walk. Yeah, it was fun goods.
Speaker 1: Reminded me of the Vogue thing we did in Manchester fashion that out.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 1: Everybody looked great as well, and there was also like some really funny shit with like Becca just being a damn fool on. There was so funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, Kitty wasn't really in that prior conversation about the divas and then she shows up. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I also had a question about the like, was it a fever dream? Was it like a collective dream? Did it happen because Emma's going on this rant right and then it's back and everybody's there, it's a fever dream.
Speaker 2: It was definitely a fever dream for sure.
Speaker 1: But it's so satisfying. I love that parison, like the camera, like the stills happening and the flash is happening.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: And also one of our favorite things ever is watching Heather stomp down a runway.
Speaker 2: There's nothing I love more than watching her put one.
Speaker 1: Truly, like I want to see her in the highest still little possible and stomp down a runway.
Speaker 2: Give me that hip, Give me that hip. It's really crazy iconic. It's iconic, Like the first out.
Speaker 1: Of her walking down the run road is like, oh, and then when you guys are all lined up doing remember at the front of the stage, like, oh.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was so much fun. That was a fun one to do.
Speaker 1: I love that number. And I also love that it's not like a straightforward cover of Diva. It's sort of like this disco.
Speaker 2: Mix thing that is great, right, Yeah, we had a good time.
Speaker 1: And you singing Beyonce Jenna.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: You got the whole bridge. I did get the whole I was like, is she get the whole thing? And you kept going like she got the whole thing? Why are you giving me this whole bridge? But it is Tina's time to shine, it is. I loved it.
Speaker 1: I was like, she's getting two gigantic pop songs.
Speaker 2: Very different kind of pop songs, but two different Yeah, two of them.
Speaker 1: How was it recording that? Do you remember?
Speaker 2: Mmmm? It was fast. I remember being really fast. I think I did it in the same day as I was just doing hung Up. I remember correctly, which is a lot because hung Up is a lot on its own, just because Solo's always took a little bit longer. But yeah, I remember it being like fast and being like that sounded good.
Speaker 1: They make it sound good, they do.
Speaker 2: They do, especially for something like high glamour, high fever dream kind of right. You know, it's it's not that like stripped down kind of thing that you want. You want, you want it to be overproduced. I wanted it to be overproduced a little bit.
Speaker 1: But it came out great, so you'd make this care package for Blaine. Blaine says he's sick, He's really sick, not good, and then he goes and performs Don't Stop Me Now, which is like incredib like incredible and not sick.
Speaker 2: And Darren was actually sick. Yes, Yes, that was such a fun one to watch. Yeah, do you remember that day. I remember that day very very vividly. He cared very deeply about the way that he shot that Paris did Darren. I don't remember that he was so worried about it, but probably because we didn't. I don't even think I knew he was sick at the time. But he really wanted to get this one right. He really wanted to get this one right. I think he's been waiting for seasons, three seasons to do this number. Yeah, and then again, like you said, it's like so devastating when it's like you're sick and you're not at your fall one hundred percent. But he's he I mean he was, he really was funnyasy. No, hopefully he wasn't sick while he was recording it. It's actually more important too, like, yeah, you have a voice, but he's.
Speaker 1: Usually recording its right, so like you probably are still sick.
Speaker 2: No, it's pretty incredible. It's pretty pretty incredible. But I was very fast specific about it.
Speaker 1: I remember like, yeah, I think you see like all of our reactions to all of these numbers, if we're in the audience. We were having a ball this whole week.
Speaker 2: We really were. And it was also really fun to do a number where you're doing backups where you know the song.
Speaker 1: Yes, I knew the song incredibly well to McFly because I becampussed with the McFly version.
Speaker 2: Oh that's funny. This is one of my favorite Queen numbers. And I it's always easy or when you're like, oh, I know this song, I can do this.
Speaker 1: It didn't happen a lot right where we already knew the backgrounds this.
Speaker 2: Because they were creating them a lot for that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah the Queen, they've already created the best backgrounds possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't recreate something, you just have to like yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm sure other people don't notice, but it was a full, like palpable change for me watching us, it's like, oh, we're enjoying this, we love this song.
Speaker 2: This episode was really fun to shoot. Oh yeah, and it was like I remember sometimes I would feel stressed because like when you don't have a lot of episodes, I'll say that a lot this time in this episode, but like you you just want to get everything right and you want it to look good, and you wanted to feel good, and you just wanted to really to work. And it was such a relaxed environment that I think that we just were having fun that it wasn't It didn't feel like stressful to me like some other episodes have felt before.
Speaker 1: I think by this point season four, if you compare it to where we were a season prior, we were like the wheels were starting to come off and there was so much pressure, so much stack of sleep. I don't know what was happening, right. We talked about it extensively, like especially when we get to the Michael episode, where by this episode it did feel like the pressure was often a way of we have our system so down. Nothing changed, like we were fully locked in, Like the new kids were brought into the system, they had adjusted to the system. Yes, recording was always going to be the same way. Learning the dances was always going to be the same way.
Speaker 2: Numbers were going to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a full conveyor. Yeah, and you're there. I don't know what exactly shifted. I don't know what it was, but there was a shift, and I think you just said it perfectly, where like you could feel it, like you were allowed to just like have fun and be relaxing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Well, speaking of relaxed, Blaine invites Tina over to come help him. He's made a compilation playlist for her to find her energyva for options for her song, and she goes over and Blaine has I guess been a driller or something like that to help him sleep, and he makes him sleepy and he falls asleep, and Tina then decides that she's going to be honest and be her true self and tell Blaine how she feels. And then I guess put vapo rub on his chest and straddle him while he's sleeping, which would never fly these days and shouldn't. And at the time when I was filming this, it didn't feel strange. I don't think I realized or I wouldn't have done.
Speaker 1: It, And the context of the crazy shit we'd done on the show just felt like part for the course, like sure, yeah, yeah, like whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just don't think it would have been such a big thing. I don't think that, like like the vapor rape term.
Speaker 1: I mean, I also think it was because, like you just said that at the top of this episode, that it wasn't scripted that way.
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't.
Speaker 1: And so the blocking of it, of you straddling him, yeah, I think adds extra layer.
Speaker 2: But it's also very Ryan Murphy totally. It's not out of the world. It's not completely crazy. It's just crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or like this happened and it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, anyway, she she hadn't been stubline. He's sleeping, she doesn't know, and then he's and then she she cries and I don't know, and she rubs vapory rub on his chest and then she lays on his chest and he's sleeping the whole time.
Speaker 1: How was it filming that?
Speaker 2: Though? Honestly didn't feel like that. It just felt like a nice, sweet scene. Didn't feel creepy at all. I swear to you, I wouldn't have done it that way.
Speaker 1: Just like, let me just straddle a sleeping boy and I couldn't see it.
Speaker 2: I couldn't see it from the outside of you.
Speaker 1: Well, You're like in it, you're trying to make your day. You're trying to It.
Speaker 2: Was a little awkward, I would say, but it wasn't like that, you know. I like the repercussions I faced Tina faced afterwards. And also it was like I was just trying to get my lines out and stay emotional and be real and do the thing that I write I'm supposed to do, right, which is make it work. That was my sleep that literally, that was my job was to like make it work. And you're like, okay, here I go, just gonna make it work. It's not as bad as I remember when we we've been talking about it. It's been building up, and then we watched it and I was like, oh no, I'm not gonna watch it. Yeah for sure. But then Blaine the next day feels much better and he's like, not, let me feel better, and Tine is like, what the heck? I think she's feeling a little underappreciated, and so she breaks into hung Up and I get to do hung Up in the in the in the Madonna leotard, and then she has looks like I got a full costume change in the middle of a number, talk about a quick change. That was fun. Hung Up was really fun. It was ridiculous, and it was a very specific recording session, just because she's so specific the way that she records and her sound and just getting it all.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's yeah. I don't think I realized how many like people like my nieces love this song. I never would have been like, oh I love hung Up, that's Tina's song.
Speaker 1: I mean, as we're getting into this, I'm just discovering more and more music that I forgot about, like our versions of things. And totally this was such an excellent surprise, and you're so good in it, Jenna. It's so it was so enjoyable to watch and like you go out and you're like you're stretching on my wheelchair and you go.
Speaker 2: Up there, crazy looks in her eyes. She had the crazy look she did.
Speaker 1: And like full choreo and we got some more lex D dancers were there doing like break dancing and things.
Speaker 2: And the coffee grinders, like it's.
Speaker 1: So good and like break like best break answer ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was just it's a really hot and sunny day that day.
Speaker 1: But it was like also the perfect place to do that number. It looked great. Like that space I don't think had ever been utilized as well as during that number.
Speaker 2: Loved it. A lot of people, a lot of dancers.
Speaker 1: Yes, and the fast Jaima was there.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: I think that's the day Jama and I were debating who was a more expensive extra?
Speaker 2: Got it? Got it? Yeah, you guys probably were just chilling for a while.
Speaker 1: Oh I had nothing to do.
Speaker 2: It was a hot day too. It was a hot day.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Hungko was really fun. That was a fun one.
Speaker 1: That was like learning that dance.
Speaker 2: It looked hard, No, it was quick. I remember learning that really fast too, but I was plugged into it. I remember coming into the Powerhouse because we were in the Powerhouse by that point and they had all done it Ze Powerhouse. They did it, and they were like, Okay, this is it. Just learn it and it was like one of those christ and Channel with numbers. We were like, hey, learn it really, yeah, get it done. Everybody else knows this already, so it's a little bit of pressure there. But again they're like, you're that you could do whatever you want. If you want to just stop for a second, you can stop. Like you don't have it does not a group number where you have to like be in unison with everybody else.
Speaker 1: I will point out that they did not cut around you. You are dancing a lot in a wide shot with everybody, because you know when we didn't have it together, they just cut to around. They didn't do that.
Speaker 2: They didn't do that. And then the spray paint was crazy too. I think I had one take to do that where I do the X on him, and I was so nervous about it, but I guess it worked. Whatever.
Speaker 1: I love the quick change absolutely insane.
Speaker 2: Stupid, so stupid.
Speaker 1: Why why because you can?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that is a diva move. It's a quick change in the middle of a number.
Speaker 1: And then they say how good you were, and you're like and you just walk off.
Speaker 2: And then Tina wins that I was not expecting in the script. That was very sweet. She whatever, except she's gonna win, and so for her to actually get a win a w y n is a big thing.
Speaker 1: I think Brittany's character sums it up. She never wins anything. I'm like, I can't tell if that was scripted or if that's a Heather aut right.
Speaker 2: Literally, it felt so weird to shoot. You're like, Tina's winning what's the catch, right, what's the catch is she's about to be yet like blood dropped on her. No, that's a later season. Don't worry.
Speaker 1: Oh it was so nice. You deserve it.
Speaker 2: Thanks. Tina did deserve that. She needed that, she needed that to continue on in the Glee series. Maybe she'll calm down now. I don't don't count on it. No, I won't. There's a lot of other things that happened also in Diva Week, which is that Santana God Bless is back in town. Last week, we were left with a teaser that she might New York might be the place for her. She comes to perform for Diva Week, they bring in invites her. I will never forget not bushed in city limits when they came to shoot this. I will never forget it. I will never forget it my memory, like.
Speaker 1: I don't have the words. Because also, like we hadn't seen Naya that much, right, and she shows up just like in the episode, she shows up and then shows the fuck.
Speaker 2: Out I was. I will never forget that shooting that.
Speaker 1: No, our reactions again so real.
Speaker 2: Very very because it was so nice to see her again.
Speaker 1: What a star like that was a showcase that was a masterclass. That was an absolute masterclass and a single level of performance, vocal dancing, parography.
Speaker 2: Performance, it was all there. She looked great, she sounded great. She should have no. I honestly like I think the rehearsal happened. We hadn't seen eye very much. She comes in the door and you're like, oh.
Speaker 1: And she's in like a different cheerleading uniform. He had her hair down.
Speaker 2: I was yes, I was there for it. I was definitely there for all of it.
Speaker 1: And it was just.
Speaker 2: So good. So she comes to confront Brittany about dating Sam because she found out. How did she find out? She found out? You? Oh, I told her? Yeah, worst Tina told her. She calls her up.
Speaker 1: Like you say something like on a Reddit forum, like.
Speaker 2: Just it's right that she calls her, Yeah, you're.
Speaker 1: A mess, You're a full mess.
Speaker 2: Well she won day of a week, so or whatever.
Speaker 1: I just don't understand, Like Nutbush City Limits is a perfect performance.
Speaker 2: It really is, And I remember with missing it when it happened in person, and it wasn't I'll never forget.
Speaker 1: It, do you remember. I feel like they shot it pretty quickly, probably because she nailed it every take but I feel like it happened fairly quickly.
Speaker 2: Really fast. I agree, very fast. Yeah, we didn't get enough of that.
Speaker 1: It was not enough.
Speaker 2: No, it was not enough.
Speaker 1: I also a confession, had never heard of Nutbush City Limits before this performance.
Speaker 2: Really, yes, and then you've obviously now corrected. Yes, your mistake. Everybody makes mistake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm now well versed in the Tina Turner catalog.
Speaker 2: But oh my god.
Speaker 1: Also it's finding that proper lane of like where people's voices fit perfectly, Like she's never sounded better doing everything to their voice.
Speaker 2: It was a difference Santannah that came home.
Speaker 1: I felt, it's so stupid, how talented. I was infuriating like that. You know, some of these performances make me emotional and like sure, they're hard to watch, they're sad. This one made me angry.
Speaker 2: I get that. I get that.
Speaker 1: I just pissed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, do you see how good? This is? Such a joke?
Speaker 1: Everybody go watch the performance of Nutbush City Limits.
Speaker 2: Again and again, like just it is.
Speaker 1: You have to see it. It's amazing to listen to, but you have to see it.
Speaker 2: You have to see it. I see it in my mind every time I listened to it, to be honest.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, So.
Speaker 2: Her and Sam have this little uh conversation in the theater in the auditorium about Danny Brittany.
Speaker 1: They had this little standoff on the stage and they break into a duet, which is right, I think, a wild choice, but sort of love it.
Speaker 2: Right because I would not expect that, but I didn't. I didn't. I did appreciate their performance.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's an acting challenge on this week which.
Speaker 2: Both both san and Santana can uh rose to the occasion.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I it's like, this is if I'm thinking confrontation diva. I'm not thinking of this song necessarily.
Speaker 2: No, not at all, not at all, But I want to writ the song came from.
Speaker 1: I think, you know, sandwiched in between some high energy and I'm this was really satisfying and nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally. And I liked seeing them together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yes, chemistry No chord has chemistry with the wall again.
Speaker 2: And it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't know if people know this. In the year twenty twenty four, the rise of movie star Glenn Powell, Oh my god, who also has chemistry with a wall with a wall. They used to be roommates they are still are Yeah, they still Glenn there it is to La moved in with Chord, Oh my god. And we all became friends with Glenn.
Speaker 2: Yess roommate, yes, and in a superstar.
Speaker 1: But the fact that two of the most charming human beings on the planet are best friends then and now roommates, correct, is mind boggling, Like can we get them in a buddy comedy?
Speaker 2: Where is that?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Because I was going to write it. Where is that?
Speaker 1: Glenn has to write it?
Speaker 2: Like what is? Because that would be the stupidest.
Speaker 1: And I mean that in the best way possible.
Speaker 2: I love that idea.
Speaker 1: The stupidest thing possible.
Speaker 2: I love that idea.
Speaker 1: Like it.
Speaker 2: You gotta get that. I get on that and text them, Okay, text them right now, please, I will. Okay. So, finishing up this Santana storyline because nothing really matters after not pushing the limits? Should we find out that Santana in C's office has dropped out of college about a month ago, and she's looking for something else to offers her a job to uh head the Cheerios like Finn is doing four new directions, But we get another wonderful solo from Santana in Girl on Fire as she he makes it to New York and I remember watching her shoot this because they shout it out on New York Street? Did they? I was gonna ask they did. There's a subway stop on New York Street and I remember her in that green dress.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: She comes out with the subway singing. I think I was with Lly and we went and watched it because I think I was shooting something after that and she comes out and she's singing this song and I'm like, oh, that sounds really good. She's She's on fire.
Speaker 1: And the rise of Tina and Santana together in these different ways where you both are sounding better than ever. I mean, I'm so happy she's going to be in New York. Love that she just shows about the.
Speaker 2: Law, very exciting. There's much to come. There much to come, I.
Speaker 1: Will say as well. This was also the start of, like, I feel like this is the real art of the two different.
Speaker 2: Shows, because yeah, Abbat.
Speaker 1: Naya was with Leah and Chris.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's like even dispersement and like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Like she's there every day, but we had nothing to do with them, and we never got to like see them or work with them, and it's like Santana's not coming back to McKinley now, she's going to be in New York. And so it was sort of this like weird farewell that we didn't know was happening. Yes, and for the next you know, three years, two and a half years, Oh my god, it was like this whole different faction totally.
Speaker 2: I imagine, like I just remember like Adam Lambert coming and Demi Levado coming and like that whole world over there that we didn't really know what was happening, but they were in half of our songs, right.
Speaker 1: I keep forgetting Adam was on the show. I see Adam all the time. Oh really, like last weekend out, yes, and like we're always friendly and I I was talking to my parents to the day. I was like, oh, yeah, this is Adam Lambert and I'm like, yeah, you know we met years ago. Completely forgot he was ugly.
Speaker 2: He's on the show.
Speaker 1: Yes, we've never got to work with him. Speaking of a talented freak, like he is so good.
Speaker 2: It's I can't wait they come on soon. Sooner than you'd think. What a voice, what a talent.
Speaker 1: He performed at Pride in Weho and I saw him after his performance and he's like, the last song started and I started singing in the wrong key, and I looked around, like what's going on. I'm like, Adam, first of all, I'm sure you corrected it. In two seconds I did. I was like, yeah, no one's going to notice you, Like, are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: He's amazing, amazing. Okay. So we also have Will and Emma and their wedding is in ten days, which feels crazy since Will's not here. He just Will's passing legislation and DC hopefully, and Finn and Emma kind of have this little support going on. Finn's helping her with making like last minute decisions and validating her choices, and Emma's helping Finn with kind of feeling like finding like the diva energy. She's the one who suggests obviously the diva lesson.
Speaker 1: He feels alone, he wants to have a relationship. He talks to her, she talks.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They like confide in each other. They're both like, don't really have anybody in.
Speaker 1: Misreading the cues though, Let's be clear, because he's like, I'm a kid, what is like, you know? With Emma's suggestions of like going out and meeting women. He's like, older women aren't going to want anything to do with me, and he gets this look in his eye, which is the magic of Corey's acting ability of looking at Emma's like, oh.
Speaker 2: I just want to know why this has to happen. I know, I don't love it. It feels strange, it makes me uncomfortable, but it happens. And e was freaking out about the wedding. She's going into a full panic. Finn is going to go into like let me help mode because that's what he does. He misreads the signs and they kiss.
Speaker 1: That panic was really scary. That was really well done.
Speaker 2: Well kudos to Jamin because she's the best actor on the show.
Speaker 1: She really is.
Speaker 2: Jama's unreal hands down. It makes it looks so easy, like, Okay, I believe this moment. I believed it. Honestly, I would have like, I believe why Finn did it, but I don't love it, but he did.
Speaker 1: It's one of those instances where it's like, this is crazy. This is all in the same show. How Paris shot It was super effective. Obviously Jama's acting and Corey's acting were incredible, but yeah, you know, Steva Week and everyone's on Singing Diva by Beyonce exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's not much else there to be honest until we find the rep russions of what happens.
Speaker 1: So this is one of my favorite New York storylines so far. Really, I love a Diva off. I love this stupid shit. And because it feels a little high school, it feels like McKinley in New York.
Speaker 2: And yeah, it's quintessential Glee.
Speaker 1: It's quintessential Glee. And like, we love Rachel when she's being wild, like she's wilding out and she needs her people to Oh, she's being crazy and people are obsessed over her. She's drinking the kool aid of herself and Kurt is like, hm, hmm, listen here, you got to get it together, you got to rein it in. She's like no, and then he confesses that he threw defying Gravity crazy and she didn't know. I love that scene because it meant so much to her, and it fully like brings a house of cards down because you can sort of see how like I buy that everything after the fine gravity built the Rachel we know in New York, and it just came like crumbling down before her eyes, Like I love how stupid that is.
Speaker 2: That's you're right. I didn't even think about it that way. That's right.
Speaker 1: And then it was like this, you know this like Secret Challenger. They're gonna have a diva midnight midnight mad nights and Nada tradition, and they're gonna sneak into a classroom at midnight and everyone it's gonna silent, silently clap and vote for who they think is the winner, and they don't know what the song is a.
Speaker 2: Kind of love it.
Speaker 1: I was like, this feels the right show.
Speaker 2: I like this, Yeah, totally. Yeah. I didn't mind this storyline at all, aside from like Rachel being a little like not a little crazy. It's fun to have Kurt at Nyata now, Yes it is.
Speaker 1: And also notice a new set. There's new hallways that did not exist before, and they are using those hallways so much.
Speaker 2: Everything can't take place in this one dance room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's always a little delay. Must Yeah, so like we're on episode it even works, Yes, exactly, We're in episode thirteen, so you're introducing New York. The first few episodes. I was like, okay, we're gonna stay here. I think we like this, Let's get the budget approved to build. You got to plan and build, and now by episode thirteen we have some new sets.
Speaker 2: The song being bring Him Home couldn't be better. It fits both of their marranges really, really well. It is Broadway at its finest. I love this midnight madness. I love how they silent collap. It's very, very funny. They both sounded great on this number. They really did, and it was shot so beautifully, very aura define gravity, which was also exactly let's go full circle and ker wins love he had to, he had to.
Speaker 1: This makes me want to see more of New York.
Speaker 2: It helps drive us into like when Sanatana arrives. It makes me want to watch New York even more. And I'm curious what the feedback they were getting with New York at this point from the fans, because either they added Santana because they were like, this is really working, let's make it even better, or they like this needs a or this needs a bump. What do we do?
Speaker 1: Either way, if you're adding Naya to it's just going to make it better. I think you need Naya on the show regularly, and I think it made.
Speaker 2: Right, which we see a lot more of her now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it made more sense to have her in New York than at McKinley. We already have Finn at McKinley, who's graduated. Puck was coming back every now and then, so that makes more sense. I really think you and Leah are really good at playing crazy.
Speaker 2: Hmm. I love playing crazy because you both do it this episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like you both are having a ball. We love it, like Kurt talking about like the was it Maria Kalis of it all like her, like you can see her just like being a clown in a great way, and same we see you, like when you get the crazy in your eyes, You're like, oh, I'm just gonna I'm just going for it.
Speaker 2: To go with it. It's just steels so out of so beyond that you're like, I just got to go there. Maybe it's a theater in US. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe it just works so well. I like you two aspect. I just I love it. I love watching That may also be like the gay predisposition, where we love to watch a strong female just go off.
Speaker 2: And fair no, fair enough, but we also both enjoy it so much. So like I feel like audiences enjoy when you're enjoying it, when you're having fun, they're having fun.
Speaker 1: Like I really enjoyed the montage of her just like becoming a monster.
Speaker 2: Cool Yeah, acting a fool?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well done, Jenna.
Speaker 2: Oh thanks, it was a fun one. I'll never forget it. If you want to write some songs, yes please, let's do Diva.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is the performance regrading the performances. Diva A plus.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I was gonna go like A okay, A yeah, hey, don't stop me now, A A. I I would give it a half A plus a half plus okay, okay. I just feel like we have to build from here.
Speaker 1: A plus plus and that bush is Yeah, we're maxing out the pluses. I don't know what it is. It's A plus infinity.
Speaker 2: Grat got it, make one, no mistake, A B plus yes, hung Up A A plus wow, Growing Fire plus. Oh we swapped on it. Hung Up and Growing Fire.
Speaker 1: It's because it's the performance, I think, the the vocals and A plus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah for sure. Okay, I see what you're saying. See what you're saying. Okay, fair enough, let's do some party take springing moments.
Speaker 1: But I just remember girl. This is fine, oh god.
Speaker 2: Okay, the aucheese named by Paris, the vapor rape, vapor rape, and thankus, I am you know.
Speaker 1: I would like to also bring attention to Tina calling Unique Wade. I don't know where Unique stands on that right, not seen. However, it did look like it was an intentional disc to throw in Wade.
Speaker 2: So right, fine, Tina, No, no, no, back as coffee grinder or no, it was the worm. It was the worm.
Speaker 1: Sorry, the worm. Yeah, and not Bush and all of nut Bush. I also think you did some great dancing and hung up.
Speaker 2: I don't fine, but I don't think it really.
Speaker 1: Mentioned the leg shretch on the wheelchair.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, best song Bush, best performance by a prop the runway?
Speaker 1: Is that a prop?
Speaker 2: Yes? That's good, Okay, that's really good. But also the vast line rub, I mean paper rub.
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Best line, It's ok there's a lot.
Speaker 2: So many of them today, Okay.
Speaker 1: I distinctly remember Jama saying this. I don't know why such a clear memory of her, Probably because I was so excited that she.
Speaker 2: Was in, because we were, because we were also laughing and we couldn't hold it together when she said this line.
Speaker 1: She was out of her mind. It is perfectly delivered. The online are defines Diva as a fierce, often temperamental singer who comes correct. She's not a trick ass so and she does not sweat to haters. We couldn't keep it together.
Speaker 2: We also hadn't seen Jamon in a while, so it was exciting to see her, and then also for that to be the first thing. This was so great. I'm very distinctly remember that as well. Performance MVP.
Speaker 1: You Jenna.
Speaker 2: No, I got it like two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, can I make it a tie between you and Nya? Well, it's very kind, yes, because I felt like you had story, you had a lot going on, and you had multiple musical numbers, and.
Speaker 2: Nya came in and just gave it, literally just gave it. Yeah, No, for sure, it's very fair.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, God, So I think it's a tie between the two of you.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, I'll take it, thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay. Shit, we found on TikTok. This is timely because it is the Olympics and this is an Olympian in the USA like track suit and it is fully Sue Sylvester and she she says what this Olympic fit is giving and it's the.
Speaker 2: Full wow looks like a sorry, it's a full so Sylvester monologue and it's incredible, amazing, Yeah yeah, yeah, literally an Olympian.
Speaker 1: Ilona mar she's on Team USA Olympian and she's a rugby player and this is incredible. Thank you for posting this. Shout out Lauren for making a very so Sylvester track suit. I just I can't believe it. It also has so many.
Speaker 2: Views, very special, especially I love the Olympics, so this is a very big deal. I can't wait.
Speaker 1: We have a wedding next week.
Speaker 2: Jenna, I don't really remember this episode, if I'm being completely honest, but I do remember being very ill during this episode.
Speaker 1: Great actually, and you know why because you're working with Darren while he was sick and then you got sick.
Speaker 2: Correct. Okay, I do remember some of this episode, but I was also in like fever dream.
Speaker 1: Yes, I remember you being very sick, very because I was probably avoiding you. Yeah, exactly, a bit of a hypochondriac.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll talk about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well that's what you really missed. Thanks for joining us, Thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss POD. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.