Speaker 1: I love gold Schmidt. Let's play ball. Welcome in everybody to Fantasy pros. This is leading Off, brought to you by bet MGM, the King of sports Books. It's me Joey p Joe. Pi's appia with me today again. Back is the Welsh and it's you, the Peanuts, the Cracker Jacks, the Randos.
Speaker 2: Hi, Randos, Hi, how are you doing?
Speaker 1: Hey? Oh my goodness, gracious yesterday all these look see see the team Randos. See look there's doctor Glenn started to lester. Everybody's Team Rando today, Go cards, Team Rando. Rando's make the world go round Welsh. That's what they do.
Speaker 3: Listen, we wouldn't have what we have without Randos. So we we've listen. How good would a video game be if there weren't random not whatever characters just walking around the streets that you could potentially run over you're playing GTA or you just talked to for a side mission. You gotta have side mission Randos. So congratulations to everybody.
Speaker 1: You can be a side mission Randos. There you go. We love all of you. We're happy that you're here with us, hanging out talking to baseball today. A lot of baseball to get to Let's start with another man with a glorious mustache, shall we watched Let's start with Miles Micholas one out Shy of the no hitter on strikes. Shy just is crushing. He's terrible.
Speaker 2: But he said, he's like, it sucks. It kind of sucks.
Speaker 1: Not after Yeah, well, I remember in the eighties that's happened to Dave Steve on multiple occasions. I want to say he was within a strike twice or two outs twice in his career for a no hitter. Both times didn't get it. I think he did get a no hitter at some point in time, but there were two times where he did not. He was one of the more underrated pictures of the eighties. But Micholas, look, he has been absolutely spectacular this year. And you know you are getting Jack Flaherty back today for the Cardinals. That's that's a big addition into this team, to the starting rotation. Now, if you're the Cardinals, you've got Miles Miiglass, You've got Adam Waynwright, You've got Flaherty back. You've got a chance to compete right now for this division long term. And they've already overtaken the Brewers. We'll see how long they can hold that spot. But he has been a revelation as a player. I have no shares of I'm just curious what's your take on his performance this year, because it has been nothing short of outstanding. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I actually have a decent amount of shares because it's just one of those cheap guys that you're able to you know, you're able to get in for back end of rotation stuff. You know, the strikeouts have never been there, but he's obviously become a completely different pitcher since you know, he came back over Stateside a couple of years ago. I don't think this is like a lynch pin to your offense type of guy or anything like that. I mean, like I said, the strikeouts have never been immaculate, but he's going deep in the games.
Speaker 2: We're seeing more of those guys. We're seeing more of those guys. You get eleven.
Speaker 1: Pictures pitchers, guys who pitch having success and being a frigation, not trying to strike out everybody pitching.
Speaker 3: It is odd that it's like old school baseball and just looking you know, at that performance this, I mean, you just don't see this that often. He had four different pitches that were double digit in percentile, and he was one percent away from having four different pitches be twenty percent of his repertoire. So I mean, like that is relatively incredible. I would throw out there too that that you know, the guy doesn't have the biggest stuff in the world. I think he was as I'm looking here. He did hit ninety six on the fastball, averaging around ninety three, same with the sinker, and he almost as a twenty mile pro hoor deviation between his lowest pitch, which is his curveball, and the highest on the fastball. You take that type of stuff with okay, spin you take, and you take four different pitches. You're mixing up you getting great results. Cardinals are wizards with what they do with pitchers. You have an incredible offense and defense that's around you as well. The Cardinals are the perfect recipe for success for even the middle line pitcher.
Speaker 1: And well, and yati or Molina has a lot to do with that. So he's all right, I forget about that boy. He's pretty good at baseball. Wilson Contreras is pretty good too. He went deep twice yesterday in a loss Luke Voight. I drove in five guys and it went over the Cubs. Remember yesterday, I was a little sketch on Manaya, Like I'm glad I was sketch on Manaya. I was not sketched on Gonsolin. He goes to eight to oh and went over the Angels. Look, I know it's it's sunshine and roses right now for Gonsolin. It look, it's not gonna be. He's not gonna be twenty and one. This is not gonna happen. Like, it's not gonna happen. It's going to come back around at some point. Chris Bassett spends eight shutout innings to win on Tuesday. Fun fact here, nobody has had more shutouts so far this year than the Mets. So that's a very interesting thing. That's telling you that they've got good defense, bullpen, starting, pitching, offense, the whole nine. Tyler Molly was one of our favorite pitchers yesterday. I told you he's been on a really good streak. He is pitching his way out of Cincinnati. He can help somebody. No decision, but twelve strikeouts, so really good. Nine shoutout innings for him. Zach Daniels.
Speaker 3: That was a perfect matchup, by the way, just throwing out with the diamond perfect matchup against the Diamondbacks, and he is underlying one of those guys even when he had like a six era, one of those guys that you wanted to make sure you got because all the Enderlanting strike cup measures there. He had eighteen swing and missus yesterday in that matchup, which you know, again pitching your way out. He will be one of those guys. He has very Joe Musgrove esque to me. It's like, get him out, put him on a good team, and all of a sudden he really has a chance to be elite if he can put it together a nightly basis. But he did face the Diamondbacks, who are strikeout machines.
Speaker 1: But yeah, come on, oh look it is and Zach Davies at the Diamondbacks, Bobbin's favorite pitcher went seven scorels sittings Logan Web struck out nine. It was good to see him have a solid outing, a really strong like I think everybody kind of needed a big Logan Web outing, so this was very good. Hazer's Agilar went Dong twice, Reyese Hoskins two home runs. That's who Bogmin picked yesterday. I believe Mayor picked him as well, So there you go. Also, the Boston Red Sox are going to be recalling Jared Duran and Corey Kaniebel will be pitching in lower leverage situations for the Phillies. Welsh, what do you make of this? I don't like that.
Speaker 2: Bridge, don't like that at all.
Speaker 3: My shares hate that. That's like nice speak for being like, well, you suck. You're out of the role and we can't put you in anything that's important. So we're gonna put you at the kids table. You're gonna the kids table in the sixth inning. Maybe we're down by six runs, that's where we're gonna go. That's not a good place to be.
Speaker 2: And because now we're now we're back into this rotating chair of again. We talked about trades so much.
Speaker 3: Philly would be in a great spot to just go get somebody locked down, you know, if they're not going to develop somebody or you know, maybe they they simply do.
Speaker 1: Exactly or Welsh, I mean, realistically, what what closers are out there available on the market that they could add on bad teams right now? And who's who's good enough to add.
Speaker 3: As David Bednar, Dave Bennar would be the number one. Darn Arwood Pirates, who's absolute they're trash and but it would take probably a king's ransom. But I if I'm a heavy competitive team and I don't have a steady, especially closer on my bullpen, they should go all out.
Speaker 2: They should pay the price of what it takes to get.
Speaker 3: A guy like that David Bednar on the Phillies. Listen, David Bednar has been awesome.
Speaker 2: This year and he's done on the Pirates. If you put Bednar.
Speaker 3: On the Phillies, on that type of team, you would probably have Bednar as a top five closer at first. I think at this point maybe not any maybe not better. So uh yeah, I think they should absolutely go to any team that does not have solidified closing that is a high end playoff team should be in Philly. That's not what you want to hear. This is not especially with the manager stuff. And you know a Harper tapered back a little bit like you want you want to roll, you want to roll, and they need to do that.
Speaker 1: Oh says Milanson's available.
Speaker 2: I was, I mean, I don't want to say it. Like on Obagman's line here, I didn't want.
Speaker 1: To say this is another guy. Mister Buster brings up Gregory. Soto's been great. I just don't think the Tigers want to deal him necessarily. I don't see them.
Speaker 2: But see I don't think and that's the problem.
Speaker 3: None of the even the loser of loser teams, they don't want to move these younger, controllable closers, right, but they understand that these are the assets and it's got to be a king's ransom. And what's interesting is the market has kind of moved a little bit into understanding you have to pay crazy prices for closers at this point unless teams are just willing to continuously develop, if they want to develop some of their other arms that they got starting pitchers that aren't working, and they want to do like how Boston was doing with how that's what you got to do. But Philly's not doing that, and Kennebel being out is bad news.
Speaker 1: In a bigger meta conversation, you know, Bedner, I don't have any Bendner's shares, but I do have Soto shares everywhere. And this was my whole thing to shares like I'm not paying Yeah, I know you were at the very other end of the spectrum paying for closer. I have not. I just I refuse to do it now at this point. And I'm just looking for the guys that I think are are more likely to just keep the job by default, and maybe they'll pleasantly surprise you and pitch well for a bad And Sodo's like the poster child for that strategy working out this year. He's been outstanding. All right, let's go to some of the injury nos. There's a lot to get to on here. Today he engine Rio out for the year officially with the elbow that is now official done. We knew it was coming. There you go. Wah wah wah. Anthony Rendon is aggravated his wrist again. For Anthony Rendel Man, I just feel terrible. FI guy can't stay on the field. Also, Astros had to place your boy Jeremy Penya on the injured list with a thumb issue. And a little bit of a bad news here for all of us who have investments in Fernando Teptis Junior. He has not been clear to resume swinging the bat yet. I guess the latest round of the imaging said that it hadn't healed to the point where they feel comfortable with that activity. So what was looking like things were progressing at a faster clip, Maybe have to slow down a little bit. So my guess is some time after the All Star break would be what what?
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's liking it right? Yeah, I don't have his bad news. I didn't necessarily look at it like it's.
Speaker 1: I guess it's not bad news. It's not the trajectory was starting to go in the early since now it's not so now yeah, because he's like a freak.
Speaker 3: He's a freak, and how in his recovery times and stuff. So I think when you saw, okay, he's gonna have imaging. He's been out there, here we go. But they just said it hasn't healed to the point they're taking it.
Speaker 2: Week by week.
Speaker 3: I will say, there's video out there that he was actually taking full on grounders in field stuff. Not anything insane, but you know, he was able to take the grounders do full throws. They had said he was doing it the other day and all he was simply doing was just taking the grounders and nothing else. This was like full on boom boom, get the ball, turn it back and throw. I think that's a really good sign. When they give him the go, he's going to fly. I don't think this is going to be a situation where they're like, all right, so go to complex, go to rookie. Now it's a ball, it's go to double. It's like, no, dude's been with the team the whole time. I wouldn't I honestly would not even be shocked if they're like, now we're not gonna even do a rehab stant We're just gonna put him out there. I really, really truly believe it would be crazy because of the time he's missed. But I don't know if it is that that you've got the All Star Game about a week away, about a month away. Not a week that'd be great, about a month away. I still kind of feel like it's going to be an after All Star break type of thing. But he's got to get some positive signs if that's going to happen.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, he does. Frustrating because he's such as such a great talent, he's so fun to watch, and cannot have him on the field. It's tough, plus puts the Padres in this mad spot too. I think they were getting anxious to say, Okay, maybe we're ahead of schedule. Now we're not. Don't be surprised if they don't make a move for somebody. They need some more offense on that coler To. You think I mean, and he's an aggressive GM, you're one hundred percent right. All right, let's get to can we talk about this and let's talk about Bob Nightingale who tweeted Atlanta has well, you know we'll talk about his tweet. Yeah, Atlanta has pulverized the opposition ninety two to thirty nine in his last thirteen games that they won with a two seven eight ERA, leading all baseball with thirty two home runs. Now they've lost Albi's but still Welsh. He will eventually heal and come back. We talked a little bit yesterday just about like the win total of Braves, But today I want to talk about something else, which is their odds to win the National League, which is plus seven hundred. They are the defending champions. They are going to get Soroka back. They have that great pitching from Freed and Kyle Wright. They I mean obviously, you know, Kunya, Riley Olsen healthy, Albi's At some point, are we sleeping on the Braves a little bit? You know, all we talked about is the Mets and the Dodgers in the National League, and those guys are we're talking about plus two twenty and the consensus of betting pros plus three fifty for the Mets, plus two twenty for the Dodgers. That's the consensus line. But the Braves, the Braves that are still seven to one. That's a really solid number for a smaller investment. Do you agree?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I was. I was preseason Braves.
Speaker 3: I didn't think the Mets were going to be as good as they are five games back, so, like you know, you have Philly underperformed. We just talked about Philly and the bullpen and just everything. They're nine and a half games back from the Mets, four and a half down from the Braves. The Marlins have been you know, wishy washy Nationals out of it. It's it really looks like it's a two horse race. I hit eight Albi's out. I really hate it for this team, especially when you get a Kunya back. I do love the the performance like the upping performance of some of the pitching, like Spencer Strider has come in and really benefited this team. Michael Harris has obviously been really solid. I think this is a bet you can make. I don't think this is a safe man's bet, you know. I think there's a lot of people that approach gamble.
Speaker 1: It's a small investment. I mean, you put twenty bucks on this, you win one forty if it does, I mean twenty bucks is going to break you. Yeah, But I don't think the way I look at this investment.
Speaker 3: But I don't think a lot of people. I mean it's all balanced. I don't know how many people they're big in anything they do in gambling is based on all futures. You know, we're talking like simply futures here. If you like to okay, so here's a better way to put it. If you are a futures person and you really like to dabble in futures, this is a great bet. Is this the bet that's jumping out at you and you should and you don't really do futures, and you should do it? I think if you like to play really risky, yeah, absolutely, because it's a great Payday.
Speaker 2: I just don't like it's a you want to play really risky.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if it's really risky. Plus fourteen hundred Cardinals are fascinating. I mean that's double what the Braves are. I'm just saying like, now's an interesting time.
Speaker 2: To win the Oh National League.
Speaker 1: Yah ye yeah, Well fourteen National fourteen one, fourteen to one right now, that's a consensus betting pro's line. They're thirteen to one on FanDuel, but bet MGM as a fourteen to one, DK has him a fourteen to one. It's just it's an interesting conversation that, you know, despite losing Albi's too, you know, seven to one is still really good. Number fourteen it is extraordinary. And I think you want to talk about a cake division. The National League Central is the cake division. The Cubs are terrible, the Pirates are terrible, The Reds are getting rid of every way they can. I bet d is not the off that team. Drury's another guy too that I think is going to help a contender. Somebody's gonna want him. It always reminds me of you know, how like you know, as Drubal Cabrera was always a player that was useful to teams. I feel like Drewi's that guy. He's versatile, you can play different spots, swings are pretty good bad, He's been in the league a long time. He's a pro. He's like at that Asdrubal Cabrera kind of quality about him.
Speaker 3: I'll bet you Cardinals Division for Central is like minus three hundred. There are three of the five teams in the division are one and nine over the last ten games, one and nine, and the Reds are five and five. So there's not a team over five hundred in the.
Speaker 1: Central plus one ten to win the division right now, the division that's there's still plus plus and a half.
Speaker 2: That feels like free money.
Speaker 1: What are Brewers are minus one seventy seven consensus still.
Speaker 2: One and nine in the last ten two What are the Braid for the East.
Speaker 1: The Braves for the East? Just to answer that question, let's take a look here. Well, the Mets are minus two thirty five because they sure they have patted the plus two fifty the Braves for the East.
Speaker 2: Okay, and then five they're five back. Yeah, that's fine. I like the Cardinals bet way more than I like the Braves. Bet four.
Speaker 3: Uh if you wanted to take that risk for the entire n L. The Braves and the Cardinals, both for the division, I think are fun bets as well.
Speaker 1: Another fun one too. I mean this is fantasy, it's also betting. Is Paul Goldmian Okay, I mean I've been harping on the Paul Goldschman. I told everybody I made investment in Goldsman. I told you on Friday, Right, it's time to go move into the gold Schmidth for n L MVP conversation. Nine plus hits, nine plus RBI, six plus runs scored, five extra base hits, four plus one run, zero strikeouts over a two day span. The only other guy to do that ty Cobb in nineteen twenty five. It's the last time anyone had the runner.
Speaker 2: He's good. He's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Paul, And I remember last year after he started slow and that, people were like, oh no. And you know, you talk about Goldschman and Arnado with the corners. You see what the Cardinals have done. Cardinals are one of the best organizations in baseball history. I mean, it's just unbelievable how they want if Tyler O'Neill reinvent themselves and if.
Speaker 2: Tyler O'Neill can come back, you know, you just recently came back from injury. If he can come back and.
Speaker 1: Just ca Carlson's hitting now to all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: Too, Carlston's hitting.
Speaker 3: If O'Neil gets back into form, they're massively a problem. They are massive, massively a problem.
Speaker 1: This is a fun one here. The Astros are fourteen hundred.
Speaker 2: Are you really?
Speaker 3: I hope they are. I hope that's a real Is that a real number? Give me the real number?
Speaker 1: No? Oh, no, it is the consensus Lies buys fourteen Hundred's right, they're eight and a half, well minus twelve at bet MGM.
Speaker 2: I want to point this out. This is how bad.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is one of the things why we can continue having We won't, but we can continue having this so tawy MVP situation. The Angels are third in the division. There, it's a big number, but they're still only nine and a half back from the Astros. On June fifteenth, and the and the Astros are minus fourteen.
Speaker 2: They're fourteen to one.
Speaker 1: A negative vegas like fire manager. Hundred vegas senses blood in the water when you fire a manager and they're right, that's why they build those hotels. Okay, they build these hotels off of good data that typically when you fire a manager, things do not go well. Every now and then it does, but the vast majority means there's a problem. Also, shout out to this is like the love of the Cardinals. Go Cards? Is loving the show today? Go Cards? Oh yeah, I mean, come on, you gotta love this. Yeah. At the very top, fourteen eight hundred and sixty five putouts as a catcher, the most all time in Major League Baseball history. That is impressive. Today in Major League Baseball history, reads Johnny Vandermier through his second consecutive no hitter eighty four years ago on June fifteenth, in nineteen thirty eight. And he did so on three days rest, the only picture in MLB history to throw back to back no hitters. So Johnny Vandermere gets a shout out on him. Back in my day, they I remember Johny vandermre Yaanny no hitters.
Speaker 2: They throw an hour and get no hitters.
Speaker 1: Vandermir is a great like old timey last name, isn't it too? Like? Oh, we're having dinner at the Vanderms. I believe of this evening there's everyone.
Speaker 2: I mean, I immediately am like it's a Harry Potter villain, so very villainous or older?
Speaker 3: Yeah for sure, Lord Johnny Vando.
Speaker 2: All right, that a little too good?
Speaker 1: I do it very well. Yeah. I'm still trying to decide. Am I Voldemort or Doctor Evil for Halloween this year? For the show? I don't know which one, but maybe we get a pole up there.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking I'm thinking maybe Voldemort.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I feel like Doctor Evil. I can sustain longer and answer people's questions in the fun of your fashion. Baltimore might be the Little Dark for a while. But anyway, speaking of dark, every team in Major League Baseball has had a Rookie of the Year except one. Can you name that team? That's the trivia question for today. So if you know the team that's never had a Rookie of the Year, drop it in the chat if you haven't already subscribed to Fancy Pros MLB channel, and then you can become an official Peanut and cracker Jack. Oh here's what mister Buster says. I should be Doctor Evil and you should be mister Bigglesworth. That'd be very funny.
Speaker 2: That be hilarious.
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'd rather be I'll just be a shark with a laser on me.
Speaker 1: If somebody asked me how much fab should I spend on you know player, I was like three billion dollars. That's how much you spend on him. I think it's a great idea. All right, let's go to some of the stat heroes. Tyler Molly, we talked about him. Twelve k's, nine innings, eight and two thirds for Miles Michelas six, Chris Bassett was brilliant, seven k's, Gonsolin six k's and no earned in six. Nick Pavetta another one. I'm telling you, Nick Pavett has been on this role. I don't know if this is the new Nick Pavetta. I don't know if it's the Nick Pavetta. We can believe in holy crap, this guy's been outstanding and I keep pound the table for him in these tournaments on DK as the secondary arm and I hope you've been using him, but he has been money man eight innings, one earned run, Goldschmid four for four with two dongs. We also had two homers from Hoskins, two from Contreras, Ryan Mountcastle hit a home run. Mike Mayer lost his mind. I'm sure he took his shirt off, rubed oyle On himself, ran around the house. Travis Darnault three for five, one home run, Luke Vod hit a home run, Michael Harris hit a home run as well, and Haysu's aguilar two for five with a dinger. Can he talk to me about Michael Harris? Give me the scouting report on Michael Harris because a lot of people ask him questions about him in the chat.
Speaker 3: He's a crazy plus speed, great defender, makes tons and tons of contact. One of the big things that he had done over the last like I don't know, a year and a half or so, he'd really started the develop into power, which was like a huge key for him.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Just pulling up here just so I have the stats in front of me. So far this year in the miners, he had had five homers, eleven stolen bases with a three or five average. Last year seven homers, twenty seven stolen bases with a two ninety four and the home run clip looks like it was doubling against. This is one of those guys with high contact ability that was starting to learn to hit for power.
Speaker 2: He's a game changer.
Speaker 3: He's a five tool I mean he's I think he's a five tool potential. But ultimately he's one of those guys that you would put at the top of the order. I actually think you could maybe get like shades of the good Victor Roeblish, Remember the Victor Roblish you wanted. I think that's where like Michael Harris is like, he's gonna make a ton of contact.
Speaker 2: He does have a beautiful swing. He's probably not say.
Speaker 1: Michael Taylor is a player here, reminded me of like bigger, Yeah, I'm not. I'm like, what like of what you could expect from him kind of thing like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably like like in a season at at I don't want peak, but like projectable. I would put Michael Harris as like a fifteen thirty type of guy, which is going to be very, very valuable, a fantastic defender for that team, and it's on a great team that's gonna let him be hyper aggressive on the bass pass.
Speaker 2: So, I mean he had eleven ROAs early on.
Speaker 1: We're getting trolled by Mayor here. Victor Roblest was never really good.
Speaker 3: No, he that can't well, I said, I said, the Victor Robot, the good Victor Robles that we wanted, that we.
Speaker 1: Were we wanted, which are some glimpses, but unfortunately just never happened. Trent Fleming was the first to get the answer right. It's the Arizona Diamondback.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say that, but I didn't want to be the stupid homer that I always can be about it.
Speaker 2: But what stopped me was I was trying to remember Upton. Did Upton do it?
Speaker 3: Because we haven't had a lot of good rookies as a diamonback fan Drew, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, no Brandon Webb, none of those guys. Nope.
Speaker 3: I didn't even think web so all here. Yeah, I mean Arizona diamics makes sense.
Speaker 2: I mean they're only.
Speaker 1: Web want to Cy Young though, But he didn't.
Speaker 3: He did win a young but I don't. I don't think he was good in his rookie year. It took him a while to really find it. Took him a little bit, I remember watching to find that, to find that ground ball like success rate, Like you can throw sinkers and stuff, but it doesn't mean you're gonna be successful with it.
Speaker 2: It took them a little bit.
Speaker 3: But I thought I thought Upton was my one. But the man team's only been around for whatever.
Speaker 1: Oh you figured it was a later team. But you know, some of these, you know, like the Rays have had a few. You know. It's some of the you know, expansion teams over the years have actually had a bunch because they've had to it had to grow these young talent, and they got a lot of high draft picks, so sometimes you convert them. But I thought that was very interesting that Arizona was the only team in MLB that doesn't have a ROI in their history. The most ever, by the ways, the Dodgers between Brooklyn and Los Angeles, they are a Rookie of the year machine. Nobody's had more than the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Is what the number is?
Speaker 1: H Yeah, I have to go back and bring it up there. It was a lot.
Speaker 2: I'm just curious because I think that is interesting. It's gonna be a bit.
Speaker 3: I mean that Beck's got a couple of guys coming up, Corbyn Carroll, Jordan Lawler this coming draft in about a month. They had the two overall picks, so they got some hive like, high high volume type of guys. It's just put that put that stuff together. Man, they don't do it.
Speaker 2: They don't do it.
Speaker 1: Sean Mania was a dud five earned four innings. Trevor Rodgers. I mean, I'm just something intervention. Can we have an intervention like on how I met your mother? When you have that banner? They would have like interventions for their friends. I need one for Trevor Rodgers. We just need to figure something out here. I think I've never been more disappointed in a player I've been in Trevor Rodgers this year.
Speaker 2: You just you take your mouse, You're going you clicked over by his name. Depending where you are.
Speaker 3: Sometimes there's a little red stripe. Uh yeah, I see, there's there's some numbers. Sometimes there's some letters, the one look for the one who the r oh ah, and.
Speaker 1: Then okay, yeah, okay, and then hit y okay, yeah, there you go. Drop.
Speaker 2: That's the best thing you Rogers doesn't feel better?
Speaker 1: The only thing I do I feel. I feel glorious. By the way. The answer to your question, because I just looked it up, the Dodgers have eighteen Rookies of the year eighteen. The next closest is the Yankees with nine.
Speaker 2: What was that was wasn't.
Speaker 3: That equate to like like a ten percent of Baseball's Rookie of the Year's NL's Rookie.
Speaker 1: I mean, since they were award in nineteen forty, I mean nineteen forty something whatever they started, I mean forty seven, well, you gotta realize they had forty seven forty nine is like the Jackie Robinson, Roy Campanella, Don Dukam year's right, forty nine, fifty two, fifty three, sixty sixty five, sixty nine, seventy nine through eighty two. Right, So in the sixties they had like the Colfax, Drysdale, all that group. Then in the seventies they had that run right seventy nine to eighty two where they had some fantastic young players ninety two to ninety six, which was the Jdeo Nomo period Raulmandesi period, if you remember those dudes, right, that was that run where they had four in a row, four in a row ninety two to ninety six, and then twenty sixteen and twenty seventeen too.
Speaker 3: I mean, just I mean, and if the Rookie of the Year award is eight eighty years old and they accumulate eighteen of them, I mean they are closing in on twenty five percent of rookie of the years have gone to the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Here's that run by the way ninety two, Eric Harros ninety three, Piazza ninety four, Monda Sea ninety five, U Hideo Nomo. Then Todd Hollinds Worth closing out ninety six ladies and Tom and Todd Holland's worth. Let's go get expect that. On today's show, Hitters who sucked yesterday? Josh Rojas over four three k's, Brendan marsh over three three k's back to his old habits, Brendan Rodgers over four three k. So it's a short lived good burst for Rogers. Boba Schett over five with three k's, Cody Bellinger over three with two k's, and then we had someone named Tucupita Marcano over today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Marcinkupeita Marcano, former poet to Austin.
Speaker 2: I know we don't want we can't get drawn into this too much.
Speaker 3: Are you all worried about Bobaschett just throwing it out out there? Batting average two sixty five, highest career K percentage at least since his rookie year ISOs down.
Speaker 1: Projector a counter question for your question. Somebody just asked me, would you trade Josh Hater for Bobaschet? And I said, ooh, it's a head to head category league just redrafts, yeah, redraft head heead categories. Would you make that trade?
Speaker 2: I would trade my Hater for Bishett?
Speaker 1: You would do it? Now?
Speaker 3: I assume if you're I'm assuming if you're doing it, you've got other closers or does it?
Speaker 1: He said he would just be putting starters into the closer role. So basically you're punting saves, which is okay because you're giving yourself bigger chances on w's.
Speaker 3: You know what, I would, because if all you have is Hater holding you up, you're probably middleligning in saves. If that's the only guy that you're putting out there, and you're not if you can't bring in any sodas or anything like that, I would. I guess there's just something about like two months of this that makes me a little bit worried. His contact percentage is the lowest of his career. It's down four point from last year, which I don't love. His swinging strike percentage is the highest. Looks like he's really been struggling with I mean continuously as off speed sliders and stuff. And it's the second lowest contact percentage. It's two and a half points lower than it was last year, and it just doesn't changed. And I guess that's what worries me just a tiny bit. But still even that projection systems are closing in on thirty homers in double digital and basis, so I guess you can't complain he's just not the same player. And that actually is a perfect example. I think of a good discount that you can get in Bobashett for Hater, except Hater just represents the pinnacle of one specific position.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, if you only got one basic good points, I think I would all right. Plus, there gets more closers in the second half. They'll pop up on the waiver wire when guys get traded. Let's look at the home run board pretty much the same as yesterday. Two other people, one of them might be named Mike Mayer, also tied at nineteen after yesterday's Hoskins home runs. But I like that he's.
Speaker 2: Not on it. I like that Joey p at nineteen and not like mayor.
Speaker 1: Just two other people just two other peoples. Let's talk about some betting pros, and let's talk about betmgm, the King of Sportsbooks. Bet ten dollars win two hundred. Whenever you use that promo code leading off, new users go to bed mgm, download the app, or go to bedmgm dot com. When you do bet ten dollars to win two hundred, doesn't matter what the outcome is. That's what you do over at betmgm, the King of sports Books. Again leading off, one word, that is the promo code to use today. I got at Corbyn Burns on the over on the strikeouts at six and a half. That numbers on DK minus one thirty five at sugar House task Gernandez is at one and a half a total basis, that is at minus one seventeen. I like that number. I like the plus one twenty number on the total basis one and a half of Mike Troad on DK. Same with Mookie bets. You get even money on the one and a half total basis. You've got some McClanahan interest this day, Is that correct?
Speaker 3: Well, it's always mclann it's always I mean, I'm always going to want to play McClanahan when he goes out there, so you should be able to pick that. Apart from me, mcclanahan's at six and a half on the over for against the New York met New York Yankees.
Speaker 2: What I like about it? He has seven straight or I'm sorry, he struck out seven in more in six of his last starts, in six straight starts and against the Yankees. Just totally tied up here against the Yankees, which I believe was his second or third start to go. He had seven, So six straight games where he's had at least seven or more strikeouts. The prop is at six and a half. I always bet it.
Speaker 3: They're actually the algorithm here is telling you to play the under. At least it likes the under because it's at one oh five plus money. But I'm going to take the over on my klan of hand, it's a half decent team to go up against the Yankees. And then I'm actually going to go against something that I always want to do. I always want to bet Spencer Strider. I always want that number. But the books have put it so high you never see, you know, they don't even dabble at four and a half or five and a half anymore. So this is actually an agreement I have with the Betting Pros MLB prop sheet, which you guys can check at Betting Pros. Just if you also can type in prop sheet Betting pro prom sheet and.
Speaker 2: It'll pop right up.
Speaker 3: They've got the under on strikeouts for Spencer Strider, and he's going up against Washington. Washington strikes out the second least in Major League Baseball. Strider has only hit seven strikeouts twice this year, and he's only gone over five innings once. He's obviously getting into form a little bit more.
Speaker 2: They're stretching on a.
Speaker 3: Bit more, but this is not the team that I would be looking for him to be able to get seven strikeouts on. So I actually really like the under on Spencer Strider, and I love the over on mcclana hand.
Speaker 1: So, all right, DFS is simple tonight, boys and girls, Shane McClanahan versus Nester Cortez, pick aside. I'm gonna pick the McLanahan side. Then I'm gonna go with Barrios as the secondary arm at eight point nine because he has been better lately. So I'm just gonna go ahead and take a chance on that. If you want to switch around and go with Corbyn Burns, having McClanahan lineup with Barrios. Have a Corbyn Burns line up with Barrios. I think that's the way to go. Single picture site. You have a McLanahan lineup, you have a Nester Cortez, you have a Corbyn Burns. If you want to play in cash, you have to kind of pick and chew. I'm still on the McClanahan side. He's just been so dominant. That's the way I'm going. And then Barrios is your tournament pitcher at eight point seven Stacks tonight San Diego, Boston, Saint Louis DK lineup builders you got Nico Horner three four, Delan Carlson at three, k Adam Duval three five, also Justin Turner on FanDuel two six, Taskars Nandez a two five and Frank Schwindel at two point five. Also, I'm going Manny Machado tonight in Chicago for my dinger. Where you going Welsh for your home run.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go back to my roots. I'm gonna go back to what got me here, Byron Buxton. I'm going back to Byron Buckston's got a great career PVB versus our BVP versus Marco Gonzaz who's going up against tonight. And I would also add I like the total base marker for him as well. It's even money. He hits Gonzales pretty well. I'm going back, going, going back back.
Speaker 2: To Buxton Bucks County. I need to get back to those roots.
Speaker 1: There you go, There you have it. Mike Merrick continuing to stay with his boy Rhys Hoskins. He is, he's doubling down, so we'll see that if that works for him. And if you want to get in that home run contest, join our discord Fancaybros. Dot Com slash Chat free to join, but if you're a Premium Pro subscriber you get access to stages with welsh Ama channels with me. They are all kinds of fun stuff, and you can also participate in the Ryan Mountcastle channel that Mike Mayor has spearheaded, which is very very popular. You know what that channel and Mike Mayor, I think those are the two people in it.
Speaker 3: And Ryan Mountcastle, like I could see that channel being something where he added Ryan.
Speaker 1: Actually it's a guy named Brian Mountcastle, so I don't know if that's Eve.
Speaker 3: I like the idea that there's a room that Mike Mayor sits in every day and then he's just he's sent an invite to Mountcastle and he's just wait. Every day, it's him waiting for Ryan to join the room.
Speaker 2: Did he join today?
Speaker 1: He had a Twitter campaign for Ryan Mountcastle to follow Mike Mayor on Twitter. Oh that's all I want. If he hasn't already, he probably doesn't.
Speaker 2: Oh, you know what, I know?
Speaker 3: We got to go who would be the one baseball player that should follow each person? And Buxton would clearly be mine? Should follow me Mountcastle?
Speaker 2: For Mayor? Who would be for me?
Speaker 1: I don't know, No, because a good one. I'm no, I don't know. I would probably want somebody who like is maybe very unliked. May think that would be funny. You know it's almost Angel Hernandez. I want no thank you On that note, We're getting out of here before this goes awry. Thanks for hanging out with us, talking to baseball back again tomorrow a new needster to do it all again. Plus check out the Bilo sell High video that it's up on Fantasy Rose MLB right now. Make sure you like this video and subscribe as well to Fantasy Rose m LB channel over on the YouTube and I'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for Welsh. I'm Joey P See you next time, kids,