Speaker 1: Second date up date. You know, for certain women, astrological signs play a huge part impossible matchmaking with a guy online. Yeah, okay, like everybody knows libras are the most powerful lovers.
Speaker 2: Is that what you are? Yes, you're a lad.
Speaker 1: That's too weird and you're so powerful.
Speaker 2: So is my dad and that grosses me out.
Speaker 3: OK.
Speaker 1: Sure, it makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: I dropped it.
Speaker 1: Just read that from like sixteen different experts. They all agree and slid into my d MS at the same time. But I bring it up because one of our listeners puts a lot of emphasis on astrological signs, and she says she's worried it might factor into the situation with her new guy. So her name is Emily. Emily, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hi, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: I need to know your sign as soon as we know your name.
Speaker 4: Exactly, because that's how it goes. I'm a proud gemini.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's four about you don't know what again?
Speaker 1: So, uh, we saw your email and we were interested because you said you're worried that your astrological sign may be playing against you. Why do you say that?
Speaker 4: Right? So I was reading the survey and I was asking people who are the most datable signs and who are the least statable signs? Okay, we're the least statable at.
Speaker 1: Us Gemini's over least statable.
Speaker 2: We're talking about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're a good time, We're deep, we connect on a lot of different levels.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not hard headed, entertaining, We're easy to get along with. I don't know what their problem is.
Speaker 1: I mean, keep going about your people ramming down our throats until we say, I'll just kidding.
Speaker 6: Okay, So.
Speaker 1: That makes you feel insecure or something.
Speaker 4: Well it makes me feel insecure because it was also talking about the most datable sign.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's that?
Speaker 4: It happened to be Pisces, which is Darren crisis.
Speaker 3: Then a sign from you.
Speaker 2: But isn't that good?
Speaker 5: Do you want to be with someone who's datable, like I mean, if you're really putting a lot of emphasis into this stuff.
Speaker 4: Well, have great attributions. They're romantic, they're mestical, they have a great imagination.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm going to back you up right there. I'm married to Pisces and the romances.
Speaker 5: Yes, and I will tell you he takes on everyone's emotions.
Speaker 2: He's very sensitive.
Speaker 5: Very loving, very kind he is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you hear that? Emily? Proof that this relationship is totally going to work for you and you're going to end up in a very happy spot in ten to twelve years is like the healthiest one.
Speaker 4: I there, hope. So, so you know, me and Darren and a dainty app and he is very attractive. So one thing that I really love about him is he has broad shoulders.
Speaker 2: I guess you don't want to narrow shoulders, man, I never thought.
Speaker 4: Of Yeah, they're so broad. I just want to jump up on him on the music festival. That's what I imagine myself doing.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 5: So did you go on a date to a music festival to fulfill your fantasy?
Speaker 4: Well, so here's what we did. So after I read the survey, I was like, okay, I'm gonna do some research online and it was like best dates for Pisces and Jim.
Speaker 2: And can google almost anything and you can keep regogling.
Speaker 3: Answer.
Speaker 1: Sure, So what what did you find would be the perfect date for a Gemini Pisces combo?
Speaker 4: So, since Pisces are super mystical, they maybe with like a tarot card reading God.
Speaker 1: Brooke, you should set one of those up for Michael.
Speaker 3: Reading.
Speaker 5: The only reading he'd love is a sports card reading, like if it was like seem to it yeahs of NBA cars.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, he would hate that.
Speaker 1: Does that match with the geminis perfect? First date?
Speaker 4: Well, here's the thing. Mine would be like singing. I love karaoke?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Was thinking, Wow, how do I bring Vulcar and my singing skills together?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 2: Is his name Zultar? Is that what you just said?
Speaker 4: You know Voltar? The fortune teller.
Speaker 2: Machine?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: The machine? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's what's your date's name?
Speaker 4: His name is Darren?
Speaker 1: Okay, let's stick with Darren.
Speaker 4: Thought Darren is a cutie patuity. So you know those karaoke bars where they have the room and you're like rent hit and you singing there?
Speaker 1: Yeah wait, never heard of it.
Speaker 2: No, Jeff crenos all the time.
Speaker 1: Those are my favorite.
Speaker 4: I had a genius idea of bringing them together. Get it.
Speaker 1: Tarot card readings and karaoke is a.
Speaker 2: Terot card reading?
Speaker 5: Going to sing you you're reading Die's terry exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So we would sing a song and then we would pull a card after.
Speaker 5: If he's fun, ohad did you tell him this? Is what you were going to do or was this a surprise?
Speaker 4: It was a surprise, was yeah. So here's what we learned though, this is what came about it. The terror card reader told us that Darren was going to get a cat a cat, Yeah okay, and that one of us would get a raise, and I'm like, okay, which one hello, like I want to raise, but she kind of like kept it broad, so I wasn't like too impressed with her.
Speaker 1: Sometime in the next ten to twenty years, one of you will get a pay increase.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah. And now it's kind of like questioning myself because Darren just looked like he was just there, like he wasn't like.
Speaker 1: Too excited or he wasn't into the teryoke experience exactly.
Speaker 4: He wasn't like enthusiastic. So you know, here comes my troubling mind making up all these assumptions.
Speaker 5: I mean, those are two activities that a lot of people have super strong feelings against.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, if he doesn't like your idea, then he's not worth it anyway. But we should call him and ask.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he'll feel bad for you no matter what exactly. They really take on other people's emotions a lot.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, so we're gonna come back and we're gonna call Darren for you, not Voltar this time, Ultar, whatever is Darren, call him and try and get you your second date update right after this.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, thank you?
Speaker 1: All right, hold on second date update. We just learned about a brand new date idea called terry Oke combo of zaro, card reading and karaoke, which is going to be the latest craze on TikTok am. I right, alexis.
Speaker 5: Sure the spiritual I just done me. How terrible it would have been for the tarot card reader.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but our listener Emily set it up based on a survey she found online about the perfect dates for a Pisces and for a Gemini, and she decided to mash them together into one super date. Yeah, because she's a Gemini, her date Darren is a Pisces. I have no idea why he wouldn't call you back after this, Emily.
Speaker 2: Especially since it was a surprise yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, sprung on him. It sounds like the date of the century. And even Brook is feeling bad jealous because she didn't think of it first.
Speaker 4: Oh my good, I will.
Speaker 5: I will say the first day I planned for my husband and I, who's a Pisces.
Speaker 2: We did a brewery and go kart racing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, drinking and driving.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: I think I went stra on this one. Maybe I did too much. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It sounds happily married. Yeah, he doesn't appreciate you for the effort that you put in, then he doesn't deserve youanted.
Speaker 5: That the tarot card reader didn't have your back and tell him that he was obviously destined to be with you.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I think she was probably just about her money because she just left after four songs. That's why I wasn't impressed with her.
Speaker 1: Maybe she like predicted the date was going to end poorly, so she didn't want to foresee that. Anyway, let's go, I'm predicting that this is going to go really really well. Then let's call Darren and see what he has to say.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, now you be quiet now.
Speaker 6: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Don't interrupt me my concentration. I have to really focus when I died this Just please shut your mouth.
Speaker 7: Okay, hey, we're looking to speak with Darren.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, listen, Hey.
Speaker 1: Darren, sorry to interrupt whatever you're doing right now, but hopefully you could take a break to be on the radio for a second with a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, Darren.
Speaker 1: Okay, yep, oh, I can tell how impressed you are.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: But we're doing a segment called a second Date Update because we're trying to help one of our listeners get in touch with you again after you guys went on a little romantic first date at a karaoke bar the other night.
Speaker 2: There was anything a little about it.
Speaker 1: Big romantic date yeah, with a girl named Emily.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, okay, well what about it?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what we want to know. What did you think about it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I have to know what you thought when you first got there and realized what you guys were going to do.
Speaker 1: What a unique experience bro karaoke and tarot cars.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was definitely a first for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think it'd be a first for anybody in this room. Honestly, you've never heard of it before.
Speaker 2: Was it fun?
Speaker 6: Like what she obviously told you stuff like? I don't know what she told you.
Speaker 1: Well, she just said that she planned this unique first date idea brought the tarot card reader to the karaoke bar so that she could do read in between songs.
Speaker 2: And we heard that you could be getting a cat soon. Yeah, the predictions.
Speaker 3: Okay, So here's the thing about all of that stuff.
Speaker 6: So I'm not really into that sort of stuff, like the tarot card reading and the astrological signs and stuff like that, but I sort of went into it with like a kind of an open mind just to see what happened. But honestly, it kind of freaked me out a little bit.
Speaker 1: Why huh So you mentioned the cat earlier, right, Yeah?
Speaker 6: Right, So I didn't mention this at the time, but my neighbor is moving and they have a cat, and I agreed to adopt their cat.
Speaker 1: And you didn't tell anyone? Did she know?
Speaker 3: Did you? No?
Speaker 6: I didn't say anything at the time. Wow, I don't want to mess around with this astrological crapju I'm going to bring in no, no.
Speaker 2: No, come on. One, it can be just a coincidence.
Speaker 5: And two, even if it's not, these people are really good at like reading signs of things that are happening in your life.
Speaker 1: Probably some like cat hair on your sweater.
Speaker 3: Wait, hold on, there's more. So one of the terror readings I don't know if she told you about this, was that somebody was going to get a raise.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: A few days after that, I get called into my boss's office and he tells me I get a promotion and a race.
Speaker 5: No freaking way, these are a good thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's freaky, and honestly, like, I'm not that kind of person that I want to know what my few sure is or anything like that. I kind of like to go with the flow so it could see how life kind of happened.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: So wait, wait, wait, though it wasn't her giving you the tarot card readings if she doesn't predict the future.
Speaker 6: But he's into it though, Yeah, okay, seems like she's kind of that person that wants to know what's going on.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 6: Like, honestly, I've been kind of struggling with I don't know how to bring this up to her.
Speaker 1: So it's not it's not necessarily an issue of like Gemini versus Pisces and incompatibility don't mix. It's just she's into the astrological stuff and you don't want anything to do with it.
Speaker 2: And you're scared of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly well, okay, I'm probably I mean, how is he ever going to bring this up to her? I'm yeah, I'm really sorry to freak you out even more than you already are. But I have a prediction that Emily is listening to this phone conversation and wants to jump in in her I'm not a professional tarror ranger, so Emily's there.
Speaker 6: Oh hey, what's up?
Speaker 4: So wait, is that the reason why you're not calling me back?
Speaker 3: I just didn't know how to tell you it, and I didn't want to disappoint you because you like went through so much effort to bring like this tarot card reader in and the karaoke night, and like, I just didn't want to hurt your feelings, right, So not.
Speaker 4: Well, I I just don't understand how you didn't and don't want to know the future. And then look, the tear card reader. She predicted everything.
Speaker 3: I know, and like, honestly, I'm a little bit kind of freaked out about the whole thing, and like, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I like to go with the flow with life. I think that's part of the beauty of life is just things happen and you react to them and it's unexpected.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I don't know. You don't want to know, like the next time that you're going to miss a rent payment?
Speaker 2: What how do you not know that?
Speaker 3: I mean, I just got a promotion, so I'm not worried about I'm going all right with rent.
Speaker 2: Emily, why did you bring up rent?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I like can stuff, and that's okay that you don't like Keno stuff. But you know, this could help build our future. Be ahead of the game.
Speaker 2: I've heard that's how you play the stock market.
Speaker 4: Like, what if the next hair card reader tells us that you're about to get another cat? Like I would want to know that, wouldn't you want to know that?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 1: How many cats is he going to happen?
Speaker 2: How often is the stark pulled?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean maybe he would just know when the cat arrived.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly. And their cats they're pretty much kind of self reliant, you know what I mean. It's not really that big.
Speaker 4: Of a deal.
Speaker 1: I understand Darren doesn't really want to know anything about the future. Emily wants to know everything that's going to happen in the next forty years. There must be somewhere in the middle where you two can meet and we could send you on a date that we would pay for. That way, you guys could talk about it worked this out and nobody would miss any rent payments that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feels like it's worth a shot.
Speaker 6: I don't know, Emily, what does your tarot cards say that I'm gonna site?
Speaker 4: Goodness gracious that you're the perfect guy for me.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's a totally different car, but it's still works how it works. So it's a definite yes from Emily. We know that. But Darren, the answer comes down to you. Do you want to see her one more time?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 6: Honestly, this whole thing just really isn't for me. I'm sorry. You seem like a nice person and I wish you the best.
Speaker 4: Are you serious?
Speaker 6: I mean yeah, I'm serious.
Speaker 1: Tell him how many cats he's going to get his punishment?
Speaker 4: This is awful. I did not see this in the cars. Oh can you please give me one more cance and I'll never bring up the tarot cards again?
Speaker 2: Totally How quickly she moved away.
Speaker 1: God, those darn geminis, they're so finny, Darren, She's asked twice.
Speaker 6: Now, Yeah no, sorry, terrified.
Speaker 1: That better luck next time. Okay, Emily, I'm heart broke in.
Speaker 2: I also feel like they're gonna be delivering feral cats.
Speaker 5: To his.
Speaker 1: Rook Jeffrey in the morning. Man, it's rare when a person gets rejected for a date asks a second time. Ah, I know, but she did, offering to ditch her entire belief system if she could go out with Darren and his big broad shoulders.
Speaker 5: You know, though, That's the thing about us, Geminis. We're not deterred easily.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know why. That doesn't sound like a healthy person to attach yourself to. It sounds like the more you don't get broke, the more Geminis want, you know. So he's rejecting her and she's like, no.
Speaker 3: No, no, I'll just I'll drop it all.
Speaker 1: Whatever you believe, I'll believe it too.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So shockingly it was not meant to be. Won't be a second meet up, And who knows what the future is going to look like for Darren, certainly not him.
Speaker 2: I think the Tarot card reader actually does well.
Speaker 1: So we figured everything out. I want to know what the future of the show.
Speaker 2: Holds, cats and raises.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping the future can look bright for you out there. If you email the show for help with your dating life. We'll call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second Dates wherever you get your podcasts at Brook and Jeffrey